Speaker 1: Don Ky Detroit, the USNX on Skeid and Grand Rapids, simy v S and iRED radio station guaranteed human real stories, real laughs, real do Mojo in the morning, Lie Mojo, Let.
Speaker 2: Me take you back to the beginnings. Alrighty ready, you're listening to Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 3: You're a Dodo ahead wet Mike Porter. Where's Mike Porter? At? Mike is here? Someway. Mike might be in the big office right now working working the numbers, and he ran off. He's checking people in. We want to say hi to him, and uh hi to everybody that's checking in this morning and coming on by. Do we have a mic from Mike? Uh or my con of parents step up here and you can join us and get close to any Are we excited this? So this twenty twenty six Chevy Tracks has been the most talked about vehicle in all of Detroit, Grand Rapids, in Toledo. And today one of these beautiful people will win that or you're writing them a big check.
Speaker 4: Right whatever they want, the money or the car. And it's a beautiful car. It's right out front with a big red bow on it. I don't know if you've seen it.
Speaker 3: What color is that.
Speaker 4: It's called Cacti green.
Speaker 3: I like that. It's really sweet. Yeah, I have to be honest with you. I think that there are some people that I overheard say that they were looking at the money but changed because they thought the color was just going to be black like we've done in the past. You changed up the color, which I think is a smart move.
Speaker 4: It's one of our most popular colors.
Speaker 3: So is it really okay? Nothing's wrong with black? I just want to throw that out. I love the Cacti green. The wheels are black, so you know half and half, by the way, that that car one of the hottest cars and it actually, uh, we've talked about this probably your biggest selling the vehicles that are on the on the lots here right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's a great vehicle. They're sporty, they get great fuel mileage. Absolutely, I think last year camp through the streets of Detroit, people were jumping.
Speaker 2: Out of the road.
Speaker 3: By the way, that is just a normal drive we got. I want you to know we're excited. Thank you again for this wonderful promotion. It's been a great summer. Thank you to Gordon Chevrolet and appreciate all these people the staff that is starting to come in today. Best sales staff in America. I know you guys get voted every single year best dealership both new used cars, service department, the salespeople. So that's great.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we're excited, and I wish I could get give everybody a.
Speaker 3: Vehicle it right, do it? Yeah, don't talk about it, but I hope everybody has a great time. Joe, we love you, Mike, we love you. All right, all right, let's get.
Speaker 5: Just mojo in the mornings back in the day, get out back in the day.
Speaker 3: What year did this stuff?
Speaker 2: All? Right?
Speaker 3: All happened in the same year. What year was this? This was the year that Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union got married.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys could see it, but I had a purple yoga block.
Speaker 6: Because I've had multiple knee surgeries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I planned it. I was gonna get on one knee, but I was like, I can't put my n the concrete. That's gonna hurt. Maybe out the day. Melissa McCarthy starred in the movie Tammy.
Speaker 7: You know how I got to where I am sucking day kissing.
Speaker 3: As We'll be right back. What a big brain. You have tell us when that stuff happened.
Speaker 5: Call us at eighty four to four Mojo Live to tell us eight four four six.
Speaker 2: Six six eight.
Speaker 3: Kayla's loss is Christina's gain? What year was that? Twenty fourteen? Yeah, that's the problem. Kayla is screwing us on that one. Kayla, You're fired. You got Hillary Duck tickets. Congratulations at time sold out show you congratulations. Hang on the phone. We'll get all your information. Okay, yes, thank you. Have a great weekend. Christina. We are giving you a chance to win Ed Sharon tickets. Text to win Text Sharon s h E E R A N. But make sure you spell check it because some people have been tech Hey, I love it fans that are driving big trucks driving by text Sharon to nine five five zero zero for a chance to win a pair of ticket See ed Sharon at Ford Field.
Speaker 2: Jordian Mornings, Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 3: All right, Shannon, what's going on in the Dirty on the thirty?
Speaker 8: Well call her Daddy.
Speaker 9: Host Alex Cooper is opening up a about the relationship that she currently has with her former boss, Barstool's Dave Fortney, And we talked about this a little bit yesterday. There were some discrepancies perhaps in the story that he had been telling about what went down when actually they split.
Speaker 10: She's not very open well his memoir, he said that when you were at barstool and you were trying to get out of your deal, you know where I'm going with this.
Speaker 3: He suggested that a threat.
Speaker 10: Was made that he was going to be accused of sexual harassman. I don't think you've responded to this yet.
Speaker 3: I have not, and I'm so curious.
Speaker 11: I've been pregnant, Andrew, I'm busy building a child.
Speaker 10: I'm so curious what you thought of that where there was true.
Speaker 11: I think whenever I see Dave online, we all enjoy his banter. He's a very entertaining person. And I have a very great and complicated relationship with Dave. He gave me my start in this history, and I will never not be grateful to him. And I think when I haven't read the book, but I remember seeing obviously getting tagged in those things, and that's not how I remember that at all. But I also am like Dave. Dave's got his version. I've got my version, and.
Speaker 8: We're all good.
Speaker 3: You want to tell us your version.
Speaker 11: No, I am in my mother era. I'm no drama right now, we're here to talk.
Speaker 12: If we still her unwell drinks, they're like closing or something. Really drink brand, Yeah, they just announced it yesterday.
Speaker 3: So in drink brands by the way, are unbelievable, Like they're like, I don't think there's one that really fails these days.
Speaker 9: But there are a lot of components dolling. Well, it's the podcast. I feel like there's a peril, yeah for sure. Yeah, lots of things.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 9: Selena Gomez and her mom Madi Tea being sued by investors who claim she totally or they, I should say, totally misled them about Selena's role in her mental health startup, Wondermind. Do you guys remember us talking about this a while ago? But according to this brand new lawsuit, investors put up around one point two million bucks into the company after being told that.
Speaker 8: Selena was gonna play this.
Speaker 9: Major role as Wondermind's head of marketing and help build and promote the brand and the business. Well, apparently that didn't really happen, so they claim she failed to deliver around those promises, including plans for a Wondermind mobile app that never happened, so investors are now seeking to recover their money and their legal fees. And if you don't already know, Cardi b is the new face of Old Navy's fall denim campaign, and she said this is such a full circle moment for her because as a teenager she used to shoplift.
Speaker 8: From Old Baby and now she's the phase of the company.
Speaker 9: That admission came yesterday during an Instagram live and she told this story about how in high school she used to steal from Old.
Speaker 8: Navy all the time.
Speaker 9: She never got caught, but she loved their clothes. But she said, if it wasn't for you guys talking about people from Old Navy, she said, quote unquote, I probably wasn't the freshest be in school.
Speaker 8: And she said she.
Speaker 9: Loves the brands now, or loves the brand now because they have genes that fit women with curves. They are BBL friendly jeans. Wow, that is her new campaign.
Speaker 3: You know, it would be a great topic to ask shoplifters where's the greatest or where's the easiest place to shoplift from?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean she said she did it for years and years. I never got caught.
Speaker 3: She's and I remember when she said she was doing it. One of the reasons she was doing it is because they don't have obviously tags and things on their clothing. Yeah. But my sister used to be a regional manager for Lane Bryant's store set out to Lane Bryant, and she said that that was one of the highest theft retail stores, like women would steal from. Yeah.
Speaker 13: So I walked out of Myers with a jacket on one time, allegedly by accident. No, it was fully on, allegedly, and it was camouflage too.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know how to or not notice that.
Speaker 13: It was like July how old. Allegedly I had graduated high school.
Speaker 3: Really I didn't need it. It was just, you know, something to do. Allegedly. Do you look, do you look back on it and regret it? Or do you have no regrets? No regrets? All right?
Speaker 9: If you miss anything from today's show, you can always catch up on the podcast on.
Speaker 8: The free iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: I'm a double X. I don't know if they'll look. Can you find get me another way?
Speaker 5: Get more Dirty Mojo in the Morning dot com Mojo in the Morning's Dirty on the thirty down. This morning, it'll meet a car from one Lucky Mojo in the morning listener live from Gordon Chevrolet in Garden City.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, what's going on? We're live back Huh. We're at the dealership giving away a brand new car, Gordon Chevrolet. Gordon Chevrolet that is so much more Ford Road west of Merriman and Garden City. Uh. And we're gonna be giving away a car a little later today. I'd like to try something before I get into anything else. I'd like to ask this question because I've heard from you all when we were grabbing you as winners at seven thirty and eight thirty weekday mornings that many of you are driving a car that's not a great car. So what I would like to ask is Bianca. If Bianca's around here, where are you at? Bianca? I'd like Bianca to grab a wireless microphone and if you guys could be so kind as to tell us who's driving the biggest piece of spit right now? I want to know or up so fast or better yet or better yet? I want to hear the story of why you need the money, Like what is going on that you need the money? I mean, there's so many people that need money right now? Who needs money.
Speaker 8: Every Monday?
Speaker 3: Who needs a car because their car sucks? I like it, all right, So put your hand up in the air. Put your hand up in the air, and I want to hear. I want to hear the biggest like, what is the reason why you need this car? Uh? And let's start over here. Let's start over here with the queen. Uh, queen princess birthday, birthday, birthday to her, she's got her crown on all on a second, the mic on?
Speaker 14: Here we go. What's your name, Clarita? Alright, explain why you really need a car.
Speaker 3: I will take the cash because I'm in and I need to come out of all this debt. Be what's the biggest debt you got? What do you got? Credit card?
Speaker 8: Okay, what have you been buying, Clarita?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 14: Somebody something?
Speaker 3: They got taken over by somebody. Real quick. I'm gonna teach Bianca a broadcasting thing. Don't ever give up the mic. It's like a cop giving up their gun. You don't give up the mic. We don't know, we don't know if Clarita is gonna run away with that thing and try to sell it.
Speaker 14: I know, I told you that last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't ever give up the mic. Hold it in their hands, just like you're the news reporter. All right, Clarita, real quick, I want to see your credit card statement. I want to see what you're really doing. I want to hear, all right, how many Macy's charges are on that thing? Oh okay, all right, who else we got? Who else we got? Let's go around the room here real quick. Right here in the middle, this beautiful, nice little lady over here, and the looks like green outfit. Oh hot mom city a right, the hot mom in the back, hot mom in the bag.
Speaker 14: All right, we love the hot moms out here.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the hot mom.
Speaker 14: Shout out to the hot moms. What's your name? Kendall? Kendall?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: The car?
Speaker 15: Or I need this car so bad? I drive a two thousand. It was literally my grandmother's car. It's a two thousand and nine hhr. It's missing a hubcap, It's got one hundred and seventy four thousand miles.
Speaker 14: It makes all kinds of noises.
Speaker 12: I'm for good bad, I don't know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, example, tell me how make make it make the sound the sounds?
Speaker 12: Of course, make the sound.
Speaker 3: I like I've heard that. Those hhrs, by the way, you know what those are?
Speaker 14: Google it.
Speaker 15: It's literally a grandma car.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 14: It was my grandmother's car.
Speaker 3: They look like they should be in the dream. Yeah, that might have been the worst design they ever came up with. But okay, so one hundred and seventy five thousand miles on it and it's grandma's car. Now what do you do with that car? When when it's if you win this car? What are you gonna do with that car?
Speaker 15: You give it to somebody or you or try to sell it for whatever little bit of money that somebody will possibly maybe give it.
Speaker 3: To your Okay, all right, I like it. I like it. That's a good one. That's another good one. We got the cash, we got the car. Who else? Who else?
Speaker 14: Wave it in the air like you don't care?
Speaker 3: So crazy? Right over here? This this gentleman, this guy right here.
Speaker 14: What's up? What's your name?
Speaker 16: Chris from Warren?
Speaker 17: Chris?
Speaker 14: Are you gonna take the car? The cash?
Speaker 16: Originally I thought the car, but speaking with my wife, we decided we'll probably go to the cash white judgment.
Speaker 3: So speak speaking with or she told you you're taking the cat. She tells me, my opinion, what's the reasoning? What do you need the money for? We don't. Are you just are you a wealthy man?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 16: No, I bought a twenty fourteen Volkswagon nobody eight months ago and turned into an absolute money pit.
Speaker 3: Dumb son of a bitch. Yepeah, okay, all right, right, by the way, that was quote from your wife. She told me that already earlier today. So that okay, So you you now have run into a little bit of I need some money. Twenty thousand dollars would help with that, all right, I like anybody else? Who else?
Speaker 14: So we got this girl's been waving her hand the whole time.
Speaker 3: Old make her way there.
Speaker 8: We'll make her way there.
Speaker 14: She has not put her hand down yet. We got to give her a chance.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 14: What's your name? Ravin?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 14: Why do you need a car?
Speaker 12: Because my car is a pos Oh what is it?
Speaker 19: Twenty thirteen Chrysler two hundred?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 8: What's up with it?
Speaker 19: What's not wrong with it?
Speaker 8: It's probably a shorter less.
Speaker 3: Really, how many miles on that thing?
Speaker 19: Like one hundred and sixty eight thousand.
Speaker 3: I think Chrysler's calling you right now, saying can you please give us that as a vintage car because I don't know they can take it. They can have it, they can have it, and and the car is such a big piece o spit. I would like to know, Like what's the worst thing about that car?
Speaker 19: Like I have to put a cord of oil in it every other day?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 19: After we just put like so much money into it?
Speaker 3: Have you have you ever been?
Speaker 19: But he's an idiot.
Speaker 3: Well we got to get you a car. Then we gotta, by the way, share that video.
Speaker 14: I want to, but I already.
Speaker 19: Sold him, like after I win this car today, he can have his little money pit.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this is good. All right, more of you guys coming up after the five, six fifty five, So get a couple more after this.
Speaker 5: We mold you in the mornings.
Speaker 3: Five is six fifty five, five and six fifty five job five and six fifty five. All right, time now for the five at six fifty five. David and Lilah are back with us. Good morning guys. Hello David, Lilah, Lilah, David, Hello, there you are. How you doing, David? Can you hear me? Yeah?
Speaker 20: I can hear you.
Speaker 3: Just find.
Speaker 21: I'm just pulling up to work right now. Lilah is sleeping. Oh she's still sleeping. Okay, all right, good for her. Let's go to Finley, Ohio for your challenger today. Barb is on with us. Hi, Barb, how you doing good? How are you good?
Speaker 3: This is big for all of us on the show that live in Michigan and our kids haven't gone back to school yet. Your kids are already gone back to school so you're on your way to take them.
Speaker 22: We are finishing, getting up, getting booked, eggs ready before we walk out.
Speaker 3: The door in that while, Yeah, Toledo starts so much earlier than Michigan does. Are you happy about that? Or were you sad when they had to go back?
Speaker 12: My youngest is starting Chimbergarden, so it's kind of like a bittersweet type thing, but she loves it.
Speaker 3: So did you do the picture out in front with the sign that says we did?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: We all remember that, right? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Ah ah?
Speaker 3: All right, oh David, thank you, David. I'm gonna lock you in a sound perferrio. Let's begin this contest my bipop culture trivy questions. Whoever gets the most right wings Ty always goes to the champion Barb. Question number one. The NFL season kicked off last night with the number one pick in the draft for Nando Mendoza taking the field for Which team?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 23: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: What are the Titans? Question number two. This A list actor known for his cat phrase I'll ride all right, all right, did a cover of Ella Langley's Choosing Texas on The Tonight Show at Jimmy Fallon. What's his name? Three seconds?
Speaker 22: Oh, oh my gosh, matthe mcconnae.
Speaker 8: I'm so wrong?
Speaker 3: Got it in just in time? Question number three. Lebron James is beginning his new chapter with Which NBA team this season? Seconds?
Speaker 20: Oh oh oh yeah, not Lakers?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Shoot up?
Speaker 3: Too much time? Too much time, I'm sorry. Question number four. J Cole is coming to Little Caesars Arena this weekend. What does the J in J. Cole stand for? Is it a Jermaine B John or C Jesse Jermaine her Main? In Question number five, the trailer just I don't know why I'm talking like this. I don't know either, Is it okay? The trailer just dropped for the much anticipated film adaptation of Colleen Hoover's popular book Verity starring Anne Hathaway, which, by the way, Kevin I were sharing Hotpis and Hathaway yesterday. What why are you talking like that? Now? Here's here's your question, Barb. What what was the movie sequel? And just start in opposite Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt. Oh gosh, got it in just in time. I think, yes, let's bring the champ back from a sound proof area. How do you think you did, Barb?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I think I did?
Speaker 8: Like crap, you know you did?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 8: You got three out of five?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Nice, David? Three out of five is what you got to be. Here we go. Question number one. The NFL season kicked off last night with the number one pick in the draft for Nando Mendoza taking the field for which team? Three seconds? Don't know this one? Don't know the Las Vegas Raiders zero zero. By the way, Lions did not play anybody last night. They I mean, they did not have any starters. It seemed like yeah on the field. All right, Here we go. Question number two. This a list actor known for his famous catchphrase all right, all right, all right, did a cover of Ella Langley's Choosing Texas on the tonight show at Jimmy Fallon. What's his name?
Speaker 2: Matthe yes?
Speaker 3: Questionnumber three, Lebron James is the new chapter with which NBA team this season?
Speaker 8: Three seconds?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's what you're done? The Philadelphia seventy six ers. Come on, man, here's the deal. David needs to get these next two or he loses. Lila's gonna kill you tonight. Who wants I know?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: Who wants raigning champ David to win? Seven? Come on, joys? Who wants Barb to upset David?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: Everybody loves an upset lucky? Here we go. Good luck to you, David, Good luck to you Barb. Question number four. J Cole is coming to Little Caesars Arena this weekend. What does the J and J Cole stand for? I will multiple this. I want Jamaine. Wait listen, Germaine. He says, he's right. I was gonna, I was, I was gonna give you. I was gonna I was gonna get. What did you say? Did you not say the right? Yeah? Okay, all right, comes down to this last question. Zach, give me something that give me suspense? Suspense in the box there, suspense, all right, here we go. Last question if you get it right, You're still our champion. You'll be back next week with us. Get it wrong, we will forever call you a loser. I'd rather be banned. Question number five. The trailer just dropped for the much anticipated film adaptation of Colleen Hoover's popular book Verity, starring Anne Hathaway. Here's the question. What was the movie sequel? And just start in opposite Meryl Streep and Emily Blunt.
Speaker 24: Oh that's the devil worst product too.
Speaker 13: Yeah, hold on, LA will not kill you tonight.
Speaker 3: What a win, David, You pulled it out.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 3: How are you check the shorts? How you feeling everything? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm feeling great.
Speaker 24: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 20: Let Wyland know that we won again and I'm about to cluck in here.
Speaker 3: So I got a good going I go go, go, go, Barb. We got a party and get for you in Michigan lottery tickets at Vibe Credit Union. We will set you up with those. Hold on one Stag in the mornings.
Speaker 5: Five is six fifty five five.
Speaker 3: Detroit, WUSNX, some Sketon, Grand Rapics, sim.
Speaker 1: Vs Simo and iHeart Radio Station guaranteed.
Speaker 25: Human real people, real stories, real laughs, real smelly, and real dumb some times.
Speaker 3: E Mosa with the morning. All right, let's do a quick little round more, just talk to some people and see, like who really needs this car. One of the things that we found when we do this contest is that the person that wins realistically needed to win, like needed it bad, and we feel like we fulfill their dream of that need. And Beyonca, get to the other side of the room. Let's go go over there. Those people are let's go, so we're gonna find out beforehand. And then it kind of gives me like a feeling that when we are drawn the people, the four people that are going to play the throwback, then it makes me go, oh, okay, I remember her from talking to this morning. Who do we got here? Banca?
Speaker 17: All right, wave them in the air like you don't care, baby.
Speaker 14: This one's like going crazy in my face right now.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 14: What's your name?
Speaker 19: Sarah Field?
Speaker 14: Okayle's run from Sarah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 14: Why do you need a new car? Well?
Speaker 26: I well we have a First of all, we have a two thousand and nine Chevy Cobalt. We call Howiewe my kids.
Speaker 14: Named or Howie. We've got names for all our cars.
Speaker 26: But it may take the money because I have student loans for my kids.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's a good reason.
Speaker 3: Why is it? Is it Howie? Uh? For a reason? Or what is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 26: We have Howie and then we have Equi for the equinox Equi and then we're about to turn in the Blazer and call it blazy blazy?
Speaker 3: Okay? How'd you come up with? Those? People naming their cars? Are always interesting to me? Do you know anybody ever? Is that a white people thing or some black people that do that? So a girl that had a black as, she got it black beauty? Okay, all right, one only who else we got here? Go ahead?
Speaker 14: Wave them in the air, Wave them in the air. Okay, I got you right here?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 14: Are you taking the car? The cat?
Speaker 3: I word the car? At first?
Speaker 27: My husband has a two thousand and nine push start. I got a twenty fourteen. You turn on the key. My air compressor is in the back now to get fixed. But I think I would do the cat that one. I haven't worked for two years, and I'm totally put together, okay, totally broken. Femur my HeartWare has broke. My reverse show the priceman is Rode. Two more surgeries.
Speaker 3: And this is MO. I love you in your car saying you said your car is in the service department right now here.
Speaker 27: Well now not really, it's.
Speaker 3: Bad back there. It's back there.
Speaker 27: Yeah, you know, I got to roll all the windows down because the air compression was in the back of the all right, So my sister came with me today and she never gets off the house.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Hello, sister. What's your sister name? What's your name? Good?
Speaker 14: Tina, Tatina.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to know what's your name?
Speaker 14: We never got your name?
Speaker 2: Mo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it. One more. Find somebody, find somebody who really needs.
Speaker 14: A car, who needs okay, see a good one?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 14: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Melina?
Speaker 14: All right, Molina? Would you take the car or the cash? The car?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 14: Tell us?
Speaker 28: I have a twenty thirteen fod Escape. It has two hundred and fifty thousand miles, baby, and the transmission is going out, and I have a ten month old daughter, so I just need something a little bit say for all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what. That's a that's a sweet reason, but not as good as most. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I had a baby. She needs to pretend.
Speaker 3: You know that kid will be fine. That kid's got me. It's not a lot of years less. This lady's got barely a part it left. I hear it's working here. So heard a car? Yeah all right? Well no, no, no, no, you're all eligible, you're all here. I cannot pick favorites. I want to know real quick from just screams and you gotta make noise. Who do you think is going to win the throwback today?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Who do you hope pict you who think wait, no, no, no, no, no, hold on, let me go one by one.
Speaker 14: Don't do this to me.
Speaker 3: Who thinks who thinks Anna's gonna win? Nice? Who thinks Lydia is gonna win? Who thinks Shannon is gonna win? Who thinks keV is gonna win? Did I hear a booth? Yeah that was me? Hey, Uh, speaking of cav we're live at Gordon Chevrolet. We're gonna give away that car. Uh. You guys are gonna love this. Kevin's grandmama or grandmama told him something yesterday that I wonder if anybody's like, uh, either grandma or mom or somebody has ever told them before?
Speaker 13: What did you tell you she told me that I was fat? No, I promise you did. And you know Grandma's do you have, Well, Mag's grand and my family. My grandmother is the most honest person in the world. You want to know the truth, solicited or unsolicited. Most of the time you ain't ask her for nothing, but she's gonna tell you anything. It's coming from Grandma. How did it come out? I went to her house. You know, I'm hugging her, kissing her, and that's all it crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm giving her. I'm on my way out. I'm on my way out. Yeah, after you gave her the.
Speaker 13: Place after a momentous occasion, right, there's joy that I'm bringing into her life. So upon my dismissal, I'm leaving out. I'm walking out. You know, she has her hands like on my shoulder, and she's kind of like, you know, like this is my grandson. Like I stop and I allow her to like have that moment. She's being like, I love your grandson. She's like okay, She's like you're starting to get a little small. She's like, she don't want me to lose weight. You know, she always want to feed you, always want you to eat. She's holding my shoulders and she starts to go down and then she gets to my like hips love handle.
Speaker 3: She's like, oh, there it is. And then she started to squeeze, starting to hit it a little bit. She's like, still some here I see.
Speaker 13: I'm like, all right, Grandma, I thought I was doing well.
Speaker 3: She she needs you to tighten up a little bit, gues so you can do some setups or something going on there.
Speaker 8: Maybe that's the inspiration.
Speaker 3: She like, there it is. I love Chelsea's grandmother, God rest her soul. Grandma Helen. Helen used to tell her how horrible of a cook she was.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 3: She would come over to the house or whatever. She'd tell Chelsea, this is, this is awful, this is and would ask the question like how is he staying with you?
Speaker 13: Like that would be like one of those things where she would say, when it comes to food, that's Josiah for me. Really, Josiah doesn't think I know how to season anything. Really yeah, Like he'll text me like if he takes his food and runs up seriously, it takes me like everything was.
Speaker 3: Seasoned but the chicken. All right, bro, I love to know like and I would love for you to share it because I think it's gonna probably be grandma's that are gonna be the ones. But who is the who is the most honest person in your life that actually told you or has anybody ever told you you're fat? Because would you ever tell somebody that? Like only a grandma can get away with that.
Speaker 9: My grandma used to do it to me all the time when back in the olden days when I did the art Van TV commercials, she would leave me voicemails yeah and say, no, your cheeks are looking a little puffy and that. But now it's Lucy, I mean twelve years old. The same with Josiah, he's thirteen. I feel like they are so honest and for me, with her, it's what I wear, I am so very not cool. And she will always say to me, if you wear that, I'm not talking to you, like if we go anywhere.
Speaker 3: I took my shirt off in front of Josiah.
Speaker 13: He was like, those are the eyes, that is the smile, like pushing my chance in my stomach.
Speaker 3: I'm like, dog, you, I gotta look. I'm gonna see her. Hold on a second, I gotta I think I have Shannon's grandmother talking about her face yeah, I do somewhere, but she.
Speaker 8: Did it several times.
Speaker 3: Ye, Granny, Yeah, yeah, I gotta see Shanny's granny calling her up and telling.
Speaker 9: Her she didn't like my outfit. She thought my cheeks were getting puffy. There was always some things she did not like about commercial. She hated how my hair was.
Speaker 3: Oh oh ready, okay, here we go. This is Shanny's granny being very honest.
Speaker 29: Hey, Shan, it's Grandma Murphy. I was watching the TV and I saw the yards Nan commercial. Shan, I think you better start exercising. Give me a call.
Speaker 8: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 13: That's all I wanted to say. Shame, love you, bye bye? And uh, what's up?
Speaker 3: Nia? How are you? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Nia?
Speaker 11: I was always talking about weight too, like the.
Speaker 3: Start off starting on Nia, stop for say, I'm sorry we couldn't hear the beginning part of your your comments. Say that again?
Speaker 7: Oh oh sorry?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I was saying, my grandma is always talking about someone's weight too, Like when I started losing weight.
Speaker 22: She was saying, those songs are as big as.
Speaker 7: They used to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it. You got Grandma still with you? Right?
Speaker 22: Yes, yes, thankfully?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ar I'm still with you. Yes, Alison. What's happening, Alison? Where are you calling us from today?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 31: I'm calling from Pantiac.
Speaker 3: What's up the yak? What's going on?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 12: I was just calling because this reminds me I'm a teacher, and if there's anyone to.
Speaker 31: Tell you that you're fat, it.
Speaker 3: Is those kids.
Speaker 17: Every day.
Speaker 31: If I come in with coffee, well is there is there sugar in your.
Speaker 7: Coffee this morning?
Speaker 12: That's sounds good for you, don't I don't hear the end of it.
Speaker 32: I swear.
Speaker 3: What grade are you teaching?
Speaker 31: Third grade?
Speaker 17: Notre Dame fat?
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, you're over at mar Oh my god, yea, oh god. We love you Alison for what you do for these kids.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 32: I love you.
Speaker 3: Guys. Have a good one yourself. That is so funny. Uh, what's up, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 17: Good morning everybody?
Speaker 3: What's what's going on?
Speaker 2: Sarah?
Speaker 17: Nothing? So I just was calling to tell you, guys that the most honest feedback I've ever gotten was always from children. They are the most unfiltered and most honest. It doesn't matter what you're wearing or how big or skinny you are, they will tell you, for one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: Facts, what they think.
Speaker 3: When we would go to the you know, Kroger and stuff, I would have to worry that Luke was gonna like there's a couple of times looks like she is so fat, and I'm like, you cannot do that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: You are somewhere and somebody who's different bad into view and you're like, please please, please please please God, like.
Speaker 8: You have to shoot them. The look of do not say it.
Speaker 3: The other thing did was one time his friends came over and I will never forget Evan Hoak is over at the house with Luke and he goes, hold on a second, my dad's tummy can talk. He grabs my fat has my belly button as the mouth. You got fat?
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, it's awful.
Speaker 3: Michelle, what's going on? How are you?
Speaker 32: Good morning? How are you?
Speaker 3: We're great, Michelle, Welcome to the show. What's going on?
Speaker 32: So my ex mother in law we were I think it was like a Christmas Eve get together, but she literally looked at me in front of everybody when I was going to get a dessert and she's like, do you really think you need that piece of cake? So I ended up getting a bigger piece and I said.
Speaker 3: I By the way, it sounds to me like your ex took after the mother in law.
Speaker 32: Huh, yes, yes, do you remember.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, what's up, Jamie? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Okay? Oh?
Speaker 3: Where are you at? Where I got.
Speaker 30: Stuck in traffic and I'm trying to get.
Speaker 3: Oh got time? So you you qualified and you want to get in before eight o'clock? What's the cutoff? Do we know what the cutoff is? Make sure she gets here? What's time? Can you be here by in the next eleven minutes?
Speaker 9: I'm really trying.
Speaker 3: Really, we can extend.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: You can't. Oh no, they can follow that way right there by the way. She don't play. I'm telling you, what is your name, Karen? What's your name? Is that your mom?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, it is that your mom?
Speaker 2: Sister?
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, she has no move over one move So when the lightning strikes you don't get Jamie, what's going on? What you wanted to call up about somebody being honest with you?
Speaker 33: Yeah?
Speaker 30: Unfortunately, but yeah, when I was younger, when I was a little girl, my great grandma down south, so she said she said everything how it was, but she has to call me a little halfer.
Speaker 3: A little half heard that, Yeah, little you can't. That's a little half of you gotta say it like that. I don't even know I'm In fact.
Speaker 8: I was like, somew isn't it a cow?
Speaker 3: I have no no, I thought it was something cuddly. Yeah, Jamie, we're rooting for you. Be safe. Do not get into an accident. It's not worth it. Okay, I will not.
Speaker 7: I will not.
Speaker 34: I have precious Cargo.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, all right, love you a little halfer. She's gonna walk in here, and you go to exactly actually everything you aren't you? Trevor? What's up, Trevor? How you doing?
Speaker 33: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 33: I just wanted to I think children are probably the most honest too.
Speaker 24: I picked up my kids the.
Speaker 33: Other day and we'll go to the store or whatever, and they have this new thing where they're calling people big backs, and I hate that. I do too, Honestly. I don't know where they got it from. So I asked them, like, where are you learning this from? And apparently the kids at their school are calling their teachers big backs.
Speaker 3: I got no kid's failing failing his class? Are l last one and this one. What's going on Aril.
Speaker 13: First time?
Speaker 7: Goodness.
Speaker 17: My son was into bodybuilding for a while there and I was getting.
Speaker 35: Dressed and he said, oh my gosh, why you have a sick pack on your back.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I hope, I hope you didn't feed him that night.
Speaker 32: I did.
Speaker 30: I did, my baby.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah, you love him. Have a great morning, Ariel. Yes we're we're back one. This is the last commercial break. I got to take a commercial break and then somebody's winning a car with.
Speaker 5: Live from Gordon Chevrolet Garden City. This is the finale of Mocho's summer of cars Cashing gas on Mojo in the Morning, will win the fro Bank this morning, it'll meet a car from one Lucky Mojo in the Morning listener Live from Gordon Chevrolet and Garden City.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, we're gonna play that in thirty minutes from now. Old then I didn't even know what we got. I was like, we're gonna give you a chance to win a brand new car. I've been used to saying it all year, all summer, and now I gotta do another prize. Here uh, here we go win a parrot sold out tickets to see j Cole at Little Caesar's Arena on Sunday eight four to four Mojo Live ninety fifth Caller is gonna win those eight four four six six five six five four eight shows sold out Little Caesars Arena. Win tickets now eight four four six six five six five four.
Speaker 2: In the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back. I went to the bathroom just a second ago. I am completely emptied out. Yeah, there's a line in front of the ladies bathroom. There's a lot of ladies that were had a little uh churning of the stomachs.
Speaker 8: Maybe just too much coppy, maybe.
Speaker 3: A little too much. I tried to get a couple of the nice ladies to come in with me to the men's because there was it was.
Speaker 8: Just may say that are those just single?
Speaker 22: Single?
Speaker 3: There are so they have nice bathrooms here, unlike us. They have like they have stalls and lls. I didn't go to that one. That one's like a one off.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I thought you were talking about. That's why you just was very weird.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I no, I wasn't like I wasn't trying to like actually have them come in there with me, and they could have gone. I don't know how women feel about this, would you have it? Because I went to there was a bar that we went to in Tucson when we used to be on in Tucson, and the bar was a unisex bar. At the same time, like you you could be stall to stall with a you know, potential, you know person, So there were no they had urinals, but the urinals were blocked by like a little bit of a wall, and then the stalls were right next to each other, so they'd be like eight stalls and you could I think I duty next to a couple of ladies, lucky them. Yeah, so I was fine though that would like I was good. I was you know, I wasn't blown up. Would you have a problem with then or no? No, I think women would probably have the problem more so. Yeah, all right, uh, let's get to the dirty and then we got more of the show coming up here. What do you got in this hour's dirty?
Speaker 9: So my entire Instagram feed last night and this morning, Taylor Swift's shorter hair.
Speaker 8: It's not like Bob short, but it's like just just below.
Speaker 9: Her shoulders short. So she was out hanging out with some girlfriends in London. Had this cute short floral dress and everybody noticed the hair.
Speaker 8: It is super cute.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile, her husband back at Kansas City Chiefs training camp. But it's her that is trending today because of her haircut. While performing on his sing a Song All Night Long tour with Earth Wind and Fire, your favorite, Lionel Richie had fans laughing when he was started knocking Chris Brown and Usher's stadium tour. He said, Usher, Chris Brown, they're trying to do something new the Commodorees with Earth Wind and Fire. We were doing this back forty years ago, but he said, the only differences between then and now we.
Speaker 8: Didn't go to jail.
Speaker 9: Obviously, a little slam against Chris Brown, who caught wind of this, saw the video on social media and actually commented on it, damn unk, we love ya pop.
Speaker 8: With a lot of crying, laughing Emo. Jeez, yeah he took it.
Speaker 3: Okay, I guess, but Lionel getting feisty. I don't know for what reason though, I don't know. Maybe they're maybe you know, because I think sometimes you say something in the midst I bet he was having a drink or too. They now feeling a little loose, a little unnecessary.
Speaker 8: Yeah, a local story.
Speaker 9: Oakland County Prosecutor Karen MacDonald has charged sixty five year old West Bloomfield Township trustee Jabron Mana with allegedly placing hidden surveillance cameras in the bedrooms and bathrooms of several women. He's now facing two counts of capturing an image of an unclothed person and five counts of installing a device for eavesdropping.
Speaker 8: So these women, I don't.
Speaker 9: Know how they discovered this, but they found the cameras hidden inside the smoke detectors in their bedrooms. So police went to this guy's home office, checked his cell phone, recovered additional cameras there. They also found nude surveillance video from the victim's bedrooms and bathrooms on his phone.
Speaker 8: So he's in a little bit of trouble. Was warning and Leslie.
Speaker 9: The search is on in Quincy, Illinois, a town of less than forty thousand people for who purchased that winning one point zero four billion dollar power ball ticket. This doesn't really surprise me that nobody has come forward to claim it yet, but everybody wants to know who went to the high vy gash fresh and fresh and fast and bought this ticket.
Speaker 8: And the owner of that place.
Speaker 9: That it's like a murder mystery, Like he got a call saying somebody at his store who had bought a ticket at his store sold the winning ticket. And at first he's like, I better check my ticket, see if it's me. It wasn't him, But now everybody in the town is buzzing about who bought this ticket. And I think Illinois allows jackpot winners to remain anonymous, so the mystery.
Speaker 3: They can't remain anonymous. I want to know who they are. Yes, I can. No, I don't want that.
Speaker 9: That store owner, by the way, gets half a million bucks for selling.
Speaker 3: That's not as much as what you would think though, right.
Speaker 8: With, but still half a million eyes it's a.
Speaker 3: Good amount of money, but still that's crazy. You would hope that the person that wins this thing is like generous, a vibrant young person. It always is like somebody like nine hundred years old.
Speaker 13: That's all right, as long as I'm in the wheel, You're okay with absolutely alight.
Speaker 9: Hey, you've been missing anything from today or this week, you can always catch up and re listen on the podcast on the free I heard it.
Speaker 5: That this is something in the dirty on the thirtys on our podcast now at Mojo in the Morning dot com.
Speaker 3: You're calling all right to pair of tickets right now to see j Cole Shawna. Are you there, Shauna?
Speaker 23: From here?
Speaker 3: Shawna is a winner. Congratulations to you, Shawna, Yaya. Is this a phone line problem or a very silent listener problem? What is this.
Speaker 20: Problem?
Speaker 3: It is there you are someday night the fall off Little Caesars Arena. You're going to be there. Congratulations to you.
Speaker 36: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: On the.
Speaker 3: We love you, Shawna. Shawna. What side of town are you from?
Speaker 7: West side of Detroit?
Speaker 3: West side of Detroit. Love you, Thank you for listening. Hold on one second, okay, we got a west side from I love that west side. All right, all right, it's Mojo in the Morning. I have a question to ask. Do we have any binge watchers here? I think everybody's a bitch watcher? Absolutely, we all. I never I don't think I've ever met anybody that doesn't watch TV, you know what I mean. Like there's some people that will claim that they don't I call bs on that. Here's my binge watch question you specifically, can you watch a show without your spouse in front of your spouse? Here's the thing, full disclosure on this one. Chelsea and I started watching pan America or pan Am Flight one oh three on Netflix recommend. Chelsea doesn't think the same way you and I do, Shannon. She thinks this the show seems slow and boring, so she was uninterested, went right to her phone, was back on the TikTok okay, so she kind of gave up on it, and I stayed watching it. Well, I have been now continuing my process of watching the I don't know how many episodes, nine, six, something like that, And yesterday Chelsea is in the room. So she's laying down like on this like heated matt that she has in the house, and I'm on the couch and I take over the big TV and all I hear is a little like size and that side stuff was. She noticed that I was going to go back to watching my pan am Flight one oh three, binge, watch your boring show? And I said to her, I go, what's up? And she goes, you're gonna do that here? And I said, yes, that's that's my TV. I wake up at three thirty in the morning, so I can afford that TV. That's my and your TV. That's our TV. That's our TV, but it's mine now right. She kind of gave me this look and then you know, of course I think that I that was pretty much ow where I lost her. But I asked this question, if if your spouse is not going to watch the show with you, I can't. I don't have to wait for her to leave the house to watch the show, right, Like, I agree, But if she on her.
Speaker 13: Phone, she's not interested in watching anything anyway, No suggests something.
Speaker 12: Okay, My thing is she's on her phone because you're watching that. If you would pick something that you guys could watch together, maybe you guys could talk about it and like.
Speaker 8: You need a new show or a new movie.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not finding something completely new because I can't because she doesn't like it.
Speaker 8: I get it.
Speaker 9: What it is super frustrating, like this happens all the time. Like Wes, I'm trying to think what he just watched by himself? Reacher.
Speaker 8: I think it's kind of old, but he started watching a Reacher. Oh my god.
Speaker 9: The most annoying guy in the whole entire world. He's a badass, and and he would he would put that on when he got into bed, and he's like, well, you're just gonna fall asleep anyway, And I said.
Speaker 8: But I don't want to fall asleep to him.
Speaker 9: I don't want to fall asleep to Reacher, like, let's watch something together and then after I fall asleep, turn.
Speaker 3: It on, so he has to be bored.
Speaker 8: No, let's find something that we both like together.
Speaker 13: But non times out of ten that results, and that's not enjoying what we're watching.
Speaker 8: I disagree.
Speaker 13: I mean, do you think Wes would disagree because you're agreeing that we're going to enjoy it.
Speaker 9: But from your perspective, well, but we I mean, like we always have something that we're watching together. So it's like, let's put that on, or let's put on like Shark Tank or Dateline. We know we both like that show. All fall asleep for fifteen minutes anyway, and then start watching Reachart.
Speaker 3: Here's the problem. If we do that. I watch nothing but Dateline and that's the only thing we can agree on. We watch Dayline. I've seen every date Line five to ten times. I'm not lying to you, right, I mean, I mean literally, I'm like, we're wid Oh great, the sister was the murderer, you know what I mean? Like I said there, I don't think that we always have to have shows to watch together. This is one of those things where I think spouses sometimes have too much common.
Speaker 9: Things that you would be so pissed if you came got a snack from the kitchen, came into the living room, plopped down in your little corner of your couch and she had Emily in Paris.
Speaker 3: On Where's Where's that?
Speaker 8: Would be pissed?
Speaker 3: Where's Dana? Ninety Day Fiance Dana? That's how I started watching ninety Day Fiance? Where are you at, Dana? I think he in the bathroom is Dana? I started watching ninety Day Fiance because guess what Chelsea would do? Take over the freaking TV on a Sunday night. Watching ninety Day Fiance, it was okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna watch with you. I started watching. I saw that Gina it was hot for Gina. I'm like, okay, I'm.
Speaker 9: Sure that's not the case with every single show she's watched.
Speaker 3: What the heck is the why am I brain farting on this show with the kids, the kids with special needs. That is a great Love on the Spectrum. That's how I started watching Love on the Spectrum. And at first I'm watching it going, this isn't funny, Like what's going on? I'm watching the show, I'm thinking what is going on with the show? And then next thing I know, Chelsea is like I love it. And then I'm like, okay, I get it. You know, I'm kind of in this kid's interesting. I hope this kid gets a date, you know, But that's why you got I don't know. I think that there are there are some things in life that you have to like, you have to do for your spouse, and one of them is you got to like let them have the TV every now and again. Thank you you have a guy that does this to you. All right, Real house You know how many times I've had a head watch a stupid Real Housewife.
Speaker 8: You love your favorite show?
Speaker 3: I hated it when I in the beginning. I only like the Real Housewives of Salt Lake because all the girls are definitely bangable.
Speaker 13: They're they're all hot on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Eight four four Mojo Live. I don't know if anybody wants to participate in this particular thing, or if you're too afraid of my wife that you don't want to. But what is an unwritten TV rule in a relationship? I know that there is the rule that you can't watch ahead if you are watching a show. Yeah, and if you watch ahead, you better be a good liar about it. I will say anything.
Speaker 13: If we have a show that we're watching it, and we're watching it at the same time, and you fall asleep, I get to finish the episode that we're on.
Speaker 12: That's our that if you watch it together.
Speaker 3: Does she got a start from.
Speaker 12: Where you at?
Speaker 9: By the way, these streaming devices sometimes out you if you do if you do like go ahead and watch, because it shows that the episode has been yeah, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Sometimes no, no, I'm good. At times you do that things like yeah, it looks like I haven't watched my TV at all. Oh yeah, you go right into it. It's like, uh, it's like your phone that your cell phone.
Speaker 9: Marc is like the lineup where it shows all the episodes line all the way across.
Speaker 13: If you restart the episode, it'll look like you never watched the episode at.
Speaker 3: Bar not that. Hold on a second, Marlene, it's gonna hopefully have my side on this one. Hi, Marlene, what's going on?
Speaker 22: Hi?
Speaker 6: My husband and I we have a big, huge TV down on our basement. It's all finished. We have a TV in the bedroom, huge, and then we have a TV in the kitchen, me in a living room, and we alternate. If he's watching something, I go downstairs, he goes upstairs, or we watch things together. Why don't you get another TV?
Speaker 3: We have TVs? No, No, I got TVs. I got more TV and I needed and more TV than people. You know what the problem is. She's got that heated matt in the room with the big room, the great room. Yeah, no, no, Marlene, you're you're absolutely right, and you know what. The other TVs are just as fine. I don't like watching TV in bed. Why I fall I fall asleep?
Speaker 12: I do, but you probably need rest.
Speaker 6: Alternate and then I.
Speaker 3: Fall asleep and it goes episode fast though I can't remember what episode I was. What's up, Spencer?
Speaker 23: Hey, good morning, guys, good morning.
Speaker 3: What's happening? So my wife is.
Speaker 23: The a hole that does this to me all the time. She has like three shows that I absolutely hate and she will wait until I get home every evening to make me watch them with her.
Speaker 12: What are the shows?
Speaker 11: Oh you don't?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 23: Yeah half of the time. No, the Bachelor. I'm over Survivor at this point, and she knows it. And I'm trying to think of what the other one is because it's most irritating one of the three. And I literally don't.
Speaker 3: Reality shows together. I really don't like it. Like I can't do the Voice, I can't do The Bachelor, I can't do Dancing with the Stars like you're not doing it. I'm done with that stuff. I want to watch the dramas and in the documentaries and stuff. Alex, what's up? Alex?
Speaker 7: Hey? Everyone?
Speaker 37: First, I agree with you, Mojo.
Speaker 12: Honestly, my husband he doesn't like happy things I watch, and there's no way I'm waiting on you.
Speaker 31: He sleeps through everything. So yeah, watch it when you want and enjoy it and talk about it if you can.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Alex, I love you. I'm gonna start your next thank you for love you too. What's going on, Maddie, Hi?
Speaker 31: First time, long time, I was agreeing with Spencer.
Speaker 22: I kind of wait until my boyfriend gets home and I put on vander Pump Rules, which is an old reality show, and he finally started asking me to put my headphones on the big TV because.
Speaker 33: He does not want.
Speaker 3: Did you imagine if Chelsea said to me, you have to wear a headphones? Oh my God, tell me you did not do that, Maddie.
Speaker 22: I do put headphones on. I can see why it would be an annoying show to watch, but I try to watch it when he's not home.
Speaker 3: God, put your headphones on place. Chelsea gets mad when she's watching a show and I've got something rolling on my phone that's too loud. She gets all upset. What's what's up, Katie?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 36: First time? Long time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 36: Okay, I always text it and I can never actually talk on the phone because I'm working.
Speaker 7: So I'm kind of excited.
Speaker 36: But yay have a We have a three year old at home, so normally he is hogging the TV. But after he goes to bed, we have to decide, like, am I just going back to sleep or can we watch them thing together? And if I'm going to sleep, he's watching some podcasts but I don't want to watch anyways. But we have our favorite shows that he can only watch while I'm actually awake.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice. You guys sound like you have a good relationship. Kids suck, by the way. The worst. The worst is when you have to watch all the kids shows because the kids take over the TV, and the kids shouldn't be on the good TV like that, you know what I mean, Like they get on like the bed, they get on like the TV that was circa ten years ago that you got rid of. I don't want I'm on the good one real quick. Josh says that this is why you should be gay. Why what is that, Josh?
Speaker 23: Not why I'm saying this is a perk of being gay. It's definitely a helpful thing to have a spouse who enjoys all the same shows.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, wait, what the gay is watched? Wait you're telling me that every gay person likes the same show as their significant other. There is no.
Speaker 23: Way I'm saying that the ven diagram is much more expansive.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know, it just doesn't seem like you know what. Yeah, keV actually asked that question. What is the the show that everyone's watching in the gay community.
Speaker 38: Any sort of reality TV at drag Race, any sort of reality TV.
Speaker 33: Yeah, anything, mindless.
Speaker 3: Watch mindless? All right, all right, buddy going on and TikTok. I'm going gay. Well, thank thank you. We'll talk to you later. Josh, say a buddy bye. See the show live.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You see how many times keV looks at his phone during the next segment, keV, you just sent a text.
Speaker 2: Looking good today, keV, but looking tired.
Speaker 3: Ladies kept you up late. This is Mojo in the morning. He wasn't looking at his phone. He was looking at his Penis that I saw him looking down? I'm like, he's looking on his phone? Uh is it? Is it fun to watch what we are doing? Like where you're normally just listening to us. I know people watch us on the stream and stuff. Hi guys, how are you? How's everybody doing?
Speaker 14: Antil people here?
Speaker 3: This is This is Gordon Chevrolet's grand finale of our summer of Cars, cash and Gas.
Speaker 13: Yay.
Speaker 8: We are literally minutes away.
Speaker 3: If I'm doing this, I'm gonna make Have you made some noise if you are, If you are somebody that came in and drove in from the Touledio area, Toledo, from Toledo, make some noise any any Grand Rapids West Michigan listeners here. That's a drive man. God, I hope you get chosen otherwise, you poor bastard. Hey, I got some cool places you can go eat, you know what I mean. I'll tell you some good stuff. Maybe stop at the Motown Museum, go on a little tour. Any people from the Detroit area here, I love it. Anybody from outside of all three of those areas. Really, wait and I heard I heard listeners. I like it from Afar by the way. And if you say you're from Warren or south right exactly, Yeah, I'm talking like you're out of You're out of the area completely. Like we had the last time that we did a promotion, a big promotion like this. I think we had a couple of like people from West Virginia that came in. And there was one guy from Nashville that came in. Like listening to us on the iHeartRadio app. We love you guys. All right, it's Mojo in the morning. This story is is crazy. So Lucy was at a sleepover Shan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Lucy was at a sleepover a couple of nights ago with a whole bunch of girls. God bless the mom that hosted. I think there were like ten girls there or something crazy like that. And apparently the girls got a little rowdy in the living room of this home, and at some point in the middle of the night, somebody knocked over a big urn containing Lucy's friend whose house this was her great grandpa's ashes, and it cracks, It cracked, and some of the ashes spilled out onto the couch.
Speaker 8: Well, there is no mention of.
Speaker 9: This when Lucy comes home, like this is a big deal, and she doesn't say anything to me, so I don't find out about this. And she said she wasn't the one who did it. She's you know whatever. I'm sure it was all of them participating in this.
Speaker 8: I didn't know about.
Speaker 9: This until yesterday at eleven seventeen am, when the mom sends all of the moms of the girls who are at the sleepover a text and she's like blah blah blah on a different note addressing the thoughtful asks and concerns about the girls spilling the ashes from the urn during the sleepover, and she goes on to say it wasn't a lot that was spilled. The rest of great Grandpa is still in there. She's so sweet and she goes. I can only imagine that all eight great grandparents are ello welling from heaven at this amusing incident.
Speaker 8: What do you, Lucy Grace, what happened? How does that happen?
Speaker 12: Oh my Godpat, you gotta get like an envelope and try to scoopy.
Speaker 3: You gotta try to scoopy. You gotta do it like that. You got.
Speaker 8: Some said there was a lot left.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to say.
Speaker 13: Some of Grandpa speeled out, Great Grandpa.
Speaker 3: That that is. Has anybody that has had like their earns from their loved ones like Grandpa or maybe their pets, ever had this happen to them where they're earned just spills all over the place. Eight four to four Mojo Live. That's wild. By the way, I've gone to a lot of sleepovers as a kid, and we played with a lot of the parents' stuff.
Speaker 13: We never played with Grandpa. You gotta put Grandpa up, though he can be at key.
Speaker 9: I think Grandpa was up, Like Lucy took a ton. The girls took a ton of videos from that night, you know, because they all have to do their dances and theirs whatever. And so she's showing me in one video where great Grandpa was, and I'm like, okay, he he was up there, but they were all like standing on the couch and doing things like that.
Speaker 8: So that's how this happened.
Speaker 13: They tried to hear Grandpa there. You can't make a mistake.
Speaker 3: That sound that sounds like a kid said, can we look and see you know what I mean? That sounds like it's one of those It's like one of those things. I bet you won't bring him down here? How did How do you go on a sleepover? You knock over grandpa on the couch and you don't come home and that's your first story.
Speaker 8: I think we might be in trouble.
Speaker 9: Oh, this mom, though, is the sweetest, like of course she would say, don't even worry about it, like it'll be okay.
Speaker 3: But that's still I felt, Yeah, poor grandpa, your home area. We love you, Grandpa, move over on the couch. Hold on second, Hold on, I say a texture here? Nine five five zero zero seven three four says that they knocked over grandma on the floor, they vacuumed up and then put the vacuum remains inside of the.
Speaker 8: Oh, honestly, what do you do? What do you do.
Speaker 12: With popcorn?
Speaker 3: You can't get everything out. Why? But why is it that they're dead already? They're not going to know, you know what I mean? It says she just, you know, she just don't have her arm within her. I guess. Another Another texture, three to one three says they knocked over their dogs ashes and then decided they were going to spread them all at that time, I wonder where they knocked them over. Well, then Stephanie hare on the phone lines. Let me grab a phone line on the same situation as Stephanie with the kids knocking over the urn.
Speaker 22: Yes, they did.
Speaker 2: The boy my mom, Oh damn mom?
Speaker 14: Is she on the phone with her?
Speaker 37: Well, the urn was on the table because the top is broken, and so I had it taped. We were gonna get it picked. And I'm on the phone checking in how is the boys doing?
Speaker 30: And all of a sudd I can hope, I'm like.
Speaker 33: Oh no, what happened?
Speaker 37: And I get hung up on call back.
Speaker 32: I can't talk right now?
Speaker 18: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 32: Finally, when I called back like four hours later, it was, well, they knocked over your mom.
Speaker 20: And I think I got most of it.
Speaker 3: I think, how did they get most of it up?
Speaker 37: Their dads plucked it up, and he's like, I think I got it all. They didn't get a lot out, but I didn't want to tell you. But in case you see that there's still some somewhere.
Speaker 3: Do you think your mom, though, had a good laugh about it. Do you think that that would be something she would laugh about.
Speaker 37: Yeah, they were so afraid, and I was like, it's not her, that's just her remains. I was fine with it, but yeah, they're dead. Was pretty pretty worried.
Speaker 13: About tell me why why can't you because nonsense on a team. Your broom already dirty. You got like dusty stuff already on end of the broom, so you can't do that. It's all the streaks left in the broom. You gotta use an envelope and some with some straight edges and just try to like dice it.
Speaker 3: Up and it goes in the grout cracks. Yes, what do you do?
Speaker 29: Uh?
Speaker 3: What's up? Brooklyn?
Speaker 31: Hi guys, first time, long time.
Speaker 3: Everybody's cheering you on.
Speaker 25: I just.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: What Oh nothing that was that was the dead speaking go ahead.
Speaker 24: Oh my dad actually got a little too drunk one night and used my cat's ashes.
Speaker 14: As hot chocolates.
Speaker 8: What our cow.
Speaker 3: No, that forr sip had to be horrible.
Speaker 31: He never heard like you never seen an earned that way, And he told me he thought it was like fancy hot chocolate.
Speaker 3: Your Dan was on a little bit more an alcohol. This looks like Jared Delly.
Speaker 31: Yeah, he used about three or four scoops.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is so funny, Nick, what's up Nick?
Speaker 24: Hey, guys, first time a lot of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 24: Uh so, my friends dad passed away a couple of years ago, and you know, he was cremated. So we took the urn with us bar hopping and we.
Speaker 3: We were actually buckling into the bus.
Speaker 24: We took him into the front seat and we were buckling, buckling him into the to the uber driver's car, telling him to take care of him when we were driving bar hopping.
Speaker 3: Wait, the uber driver kept kept the urn in the in the car while you guys went into the bar. You didn't bring Dad in the bar.
Speaker 24: No, we brought him into the bar, but between bar hopping we buckled them into the prom seat.
Speaker 8: That's sterical.
Speaker 3: I love that. That is awesome. By the way, that is hysterically funny to think about, Like if you have like a my dad would want that I was gonna say, bring him out of do a pub crawl, a little dead dead dad pub crawl. All right, we're ready, don't you like?
Speaker 1: Detroit, USNX, some Ski and Grandmother, Simmy vs.
Speaker 3: Simley Doe and I heard radio station and guaranteed Human.
Speaker 25: Three great radio stations, one stupid show, Mojo in the Morning, Mojo.
Speaker 22: Tak one God.
Speaker 3: Let me take you back to the beginning.
Speaker 5: This is alrighty ready, you're listening to Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 3: You're a doodow ahead.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's let's give away. I don't even know what we're giving away. Do we have to give away something I don't even know? Hold on, I know Doja, Cat and Lotto are gonna be at Little Caesars Arena on October. The first tickets are on sale right now at ticketmaster dot com. Win a pair eight four four Mojo Live, Mojo.
Speaker 2: In the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 3: You know that was a good contest. I don't. I don't care what anybody says. That was a good one.
Speaker 9: I know by the way we did you if the anxiety is a real, it's real.
Speaker 8: When there's eyes looking at you.
Speaker 3: You almost need to get your first to get the next, because I know that sounds weird to say that, but it's like, it's like, if you miss a bunch of shots in basketball, you got to hit one just to kind of like start feeling yourself a little bit. So all right, Uh, Shannon with the dirty Well, do you.
Speaker 9: Guys remember that story about the dude who peeded on a family ring that Morgan Walln show in Baltimore.
Speaker 8: We talked about this, the dad, the.
Speaker 9: Police, Yes, yes, Well police finally made an arrest. Thirty three year old Jason Reid has been challenged. Has been charged to excuse me, with four counts of second degree assault, public urination, and a few other offenses after peeing on this family, including an eight year old little girl during the July eighteenth Morgan Wallan show at MT Bank Stadium. And that night, everybody like pointed to the guy and they were like it was him, but officers couldn't initially arrest him because they did not witness the incident themselves. Well, after the story went viral, police launched a criminal investigation and then it led them to the guy that everybody was pointing to. So he's now being held in North Carolina awaiting his trial in Maryland police receiving some criticism here saying they only took action after the case like went viral. But you know, justice will run his course here, So.
Speaker 8: I can't pee on people.
Speaker 3: How do you on a family that's a lot of peace. I got a piece so bad. Yeah, I could see where you could do that because we've been sitting up here for a while without a commercial prod.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 9: According to some NFL sources of mind, former Lions UH player Terry and Arnold plans to sign with the Seattle Seahawks. I know he had meetings with the Texans, the Saints, the Giants. Next, though, the NFL has to decide whether to put him on the Commissioner's exempt list, because again he's still in a little bit of trouble following that arrest on felony charges in connection dual robbery and kidnapping the hamming back in fiber.
Speaker 3: I got a problem with this. I got a problem with the fact that if a guy's going through this legal stuff, obviously you got to get him through his court stuff. And I believe that we don't ever do the innocent until proven guilty. I think the Lions should have not cut him and allowed for the justice system to do its thing and then decide what they're going to do. But I also think that the other teams in the league shouldn't be able to sign your guys. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 13: If you've been cut, other teams have the ability to pick you up. Now, from the Lion's perspective, they must have had someone either internally or maybe they hired someone externally that gave them enough evidence or enough thought to say we need to remove ourselves from a.
Speaker 3: Situation that it's going to get acted accordingly. I don't know. I think that you look at a situation like this, and I do think that sometimes, you know, these guys leave us and then they go on to do something great, and then we find out that the guys that were involved with him were the ones that did something wrong. I'm not saying that that's the case. I think terry On obviously has some responsibility.
Speaker 8: Or somebody else in Trouble Trouble.
Speaker 9: Macomb A County judge ordered Eminem's x Kim Mathers straight to jail yesterday afternoon after a prosecutor said she repeatedly violated terms of her bond, and they know that thanks to alerts coming from her GPS. Heather she had originally been set for sentencing yesterday morning for that drunk driving charge, her most recent one, and also to respond to a show cause order for failing to appear at an earlier court appearance back in June.
Speaker 8: So she's spending a little bit of time behind bars.
Speaker 9: And California Governor Gavin Newsom swung through Michigan this week, was hanging out with our governor, Big Gretch, and they sat down for a little podcast.
Speaker 3: I have a bug in that I want to stay involved. The bug isn't I got to run from.
Speaker 39: But if there's a chance for electing office, she would jump at it if it felt right. The pause says it all. We're having a beer at Crunchies.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that was just the role of us.
Speaker 8: Maybe what do your phone in front of my face?
Speaker 3: A little more thoughtful of the words I'm going to excu you? Wow? Okay, all right, so you are running shut off? Would that not be an interesting I think that's a pretty.
Speaker 8: Strong next year Candida super president.
Speaker 3: I can edit this. This is the difference.
Speaker 8: It's his podcast. I'm gonna start a podcast just why I can interview you.
Speaker 3: Would that be interesting? By the way, he's a beautiful man. You see that Brady. No, no, no, no, no no. He said, let's not go too far. Did you see Tom Brady walking out last night in Vegas? He's wearing all of his raider stuff. I can't believe. It's still weird for me that he's It's like kind of like how when Michael Jordan became the owner of the Hornets.
Speaker 9: You know, Hey, if you miss anything from today, you can always catch up on the podcast on the Free I.
Speaker 3: Heard celebrity is Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: It's Dirty on the Dirty.
Speaker 5: Gentlemen, we're giving away a car this morning. Line from Gordon Chevrolet in Garden City on Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Can we talk real quick for a second because we have I feel like we, you know, got the contest, got winning, all the excitement and then oh I got to get a winner. Did I get a winner or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: For Dosa no Lydia. Is there a winner? What what's her name? Ricky Ricky Tacky from Toledo's the winner? Ricky Ricky from Toledo show. Hold on a second, here is my phone system. I think Ricky hung up to be honest with you. Okay, then we got to call him back. Can we let me do or is Ricky from Toledo? Can you dial back? Zach going to that call log area there and see if Ricky is back there, we'll call him back. I'd like to uh postgame analysize or a you know, like I said, this is where the studio.
Speaker 8: I know the first song was hard so.
Speaker 3: That happened to be one of the biggest songs we played here on this radio station back when Eminem was a popular man, although he still is popular. But that was good. That's Eminem songs are sometimes harder for the throwback throw down to get, even though we play them so often. The title threw me off exactly exactly, Nikki, that one I thought you would get to listen to your heart?
Speaker 8: Well, I know that song very well. I just I could not think of d H T.
Speaker 3: Who did the remix of it? Right? You remember who the original was, wasn't it? It was Cyndi laper No, it was rock Set, the same the same group that did the song from Pretty Woman Burger. Why do you when you throw things out there like that?
Speaker 27: Now?
Speaker 3: Remember you remember song from a pretty woman. No, no, no, the movie Pretty Woman. You ever see the pretty many times?
Speaker 9: But which song? There's so many good songs on that soundtrack necklace.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what the song was. And then I thought, for sure very but it's over now. I thought I was gonna get Dya. I thought that you would know that song.
Speaker 19: Who I know?
Speaker 8: Lydia was so fast with that. I was blame Tony.
Speaker 13: You asked Tony to question for this next song, should we go obscure or very popular?
Speaker 3: And Tony says, I'm scared. Do you know what? Do you know what the song was that I was going to do?
Speaker 8: That's I love doing this the popular song?
Speaker 3: Do you want to know that? Yeah? What's what song? Do you think? What artist? Do you think it was going to be? No idea? Kanye it was?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 8: He's just doing that to me.
Speaker 3: It was Kanye heartless. Oh god, yeah, it was Kanye heart No, it wasn't right. I'm not saying for I'm not telling you to use it next week. That's okay, it's a fair game. But here I'm gonna I'm gonna know. Then I gotta load another song, and I don't want to have to load another song.
Speaker 8: I know one songstreets.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was not it was actually a song, Shannon. I don't think that you would even have a chance. The artist don't tell it was a ludicrous song. So something with ludicrous. I don't think you're gonna know this one. I don't know which are name name to Ludatri songs go.
Speaker 8: Move bit and uh.
Speaker 3: I know, I know and one more come on, hurry up, done one. We'll find out next week. Next week. Make sure you all right. Congratulations again, we got to We got a shout out and congratulate the winner of the summer of Cars, cash and Grass. Uh grass, that's next year it's gonna be.
Speaker 12: He's featured a lot of songs.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do cars, cash and Grass next week. Na lay long. Christy Bennett from Chesterfield, Congratulations. Christy Bennett from Chester's talking to Mike right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I feel like her mind is being is she still doing the cash or is she going back to the car.
Speaker 8: She's going back and forth having a conversation.
Speaker 3: She's got an.
Speaker 8: That doesn't matter. Oh she does already to.
Speaker 3: Check Christy, come up here. I want to see the check.
Speaker 8: Wow did that so fast?
Speaker 13: Let's do a picture of Bianca. Look at that smile on her face. You got a twenty thousand dollars smile right now?
Speaker 3: Are you just freaking? It's like a dream, right yeah yeah, come up closer. I like it. I like, what are we going to get a bathroom? What are we going to get out of this? You said you're doing stuff around the house or you gotta pay people off.
Speaker 12: You literally gut at our house and have redone everything. This will pay for countertops and pay off her cabinets.
Speaker 8: Oh that is a nice feeling. Good for you.
Speaker 3: Conor tops expensive like put this like this, you know whatever, but hold your finger over the gats and your addresses and everybody else from Amazon. Hey geez, it's twenty thousand on the camps. Yeah, congratulations to you.
Speaker 2: Congrats.
Speaker 3: Did Mike try to talk you into buying the car? Did he try or getting the winning the car?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: He's such a good guy, kind of a salesman, are you, Mike? Come on? Let's go. You gotta get that thing, all right?
Speaker 2: Don't you kick you?
Speaker 3: Why Detroit him in the US?
Speaker 1: And next I'm a Ski and grandmatheras Simmy vs. Tilly and I ared radio station guaranteed human, real stories, real laughs, real do Mojo in.
Speaker 3: The morning and live all right, it is Mojo in the morning. Anna was hanging out with some friends and started realizing that things looked a little odd in what was going on?
Speaker 12: Yeah, me and my friends are way too close, I realized, because we were all hanging out just watching TV. There's a new show, Double Lives of Suburban Wives, great show if anyone wants to watch it. And one of my friends is feeling around on her leg and then she asks another one. She's like, hey, come here, like, I need you to pop this pimple on my buttcheek, And sure enough, my other friend agreed, and they're laying in the middle of the living room floor popping pimples on butt cheeks. And I'm like, this is too much. We have gotten too close. We've crossed a boundary that I don't want to cross.
Speaker 3: The girls, yeah, yeah, oh so there's no guys in this.
Speaker 12: Thing, no, no, all girls. But yeah, who what do y'all do with your friends that you wouldn't do with anyone else. Granted, they are medical people, so some of them work in dermatology. Some of them are nurses, so they like doing weird things like this, but that's just too t m I for me. I don't want to touch your butt cheek. I don't want to pinch it.
Speaker 3: Do uh? Do you do this often? And by the way, uh are you guys all wearing your clothes? What's going on? We pick?
Speaker 12: I mean they pick. I'm not gonna say me because I don't, but like they pick on each other a lot, like pimples and stuff like they'll be like, hey, can you get this for me? Like I just think that's crossing, that's too much.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny that guys don't do this thing and we and we need to be more.
Speaker 13: I know you listen, ain't way hell you about to play your ass on next?
Speaker 3: Like we if we're hanging out with each other, like we will talk about things and we will tell things, but we don't do things. Examples. I have a girl, give me an example, what do you mean? Like if if you have if you're back itches, you'll get up and go to the corner wall and have the back the walls like I would never go Kevin, keep you me a favorit. I got a scratch over there. First off, Kevin? If I did that to Kevin Kevin, I'd be like, like, Shannon's right there. No. But if if it was just us hanging out a bunch of like me, you and Zach were hanging out with each other, Zach would scratch right, Zach, you you would have no problem. Just take off the shirt. I got you under the shirt, anything for you.
Speaker 12: I have a grocer one. You're gonna gag. So in college, one of my friends got a tampon stuck up there and she had to have one of our friends pull it out.
Speaker 9: I WoT my friends really Yeah, absolutely, my friends and I are super close like that, like we've I feel like people would just shake their heads if they knew some of the stuff that we've all done.
Speaker 3: How common is it to get a tampon, stuff to.
Speaker 8: Double to double up? It's actually pretty common, is it.
Speaker 9: I feel like it tapped into almost everybody.
Speaker 3: You say double like you put one away and.
Speaker 9: Then you put another one in, and then you're like, play something smell funky after a while and then you realize what.
Speaker 3: Somebody a four Mojo live eight for four six six five six five four eight. What is it that you do with your friends that would make some people go like, I mean you got to be good friends. How long have you known these people? Time?
Speaker 12: So these are like childhood friends. So yeah, we grew up together. I can't believe guys don't do like help.
Speaker 3: Each other out, Like in what way? I could never?
Speaker 12: If you need to sunscreen on your I've never used sunscreened.
Speaker 9: Okay, what if you needed something shaved that you couldn't reach?
Speaker 8: You wouldn't be like JG.
Speaker 3: Your neck if you wanted your next ship? What can I read my neck?
Speaker 9: Pretend though your lower back you had like a bushy lower would you be like JG, please come home.
Speaker 13: Never, anything that I've needed to do, I would absolutely try to do for myself. And if it was anything physical that I couldn't do for myself, it just would never get done first time. First off, the sunscreen thing, is that really I've been thinking about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of if you're a guy and you go if you go to the beach together, going to Vegas, if your guy and you don't have anybody to put sunscreen on, would you ask your friends? Like that's why the spray stuff was made, and.
Speaker 9: That's why it looks like when you get sunburned, idiots just ask each other to do it.
Speaker 3: Guys can't do that.
Speaker 9: I brain too much. Yeah, like it doesn't have to be central.
Speaker 3: How about miss? How about uh, if you're if you hurt yourself, like if you if you if you like, sprain your ankle really bad and you needed a guy to that's injury related. I would you be okay if a guy picked you up and carried you? Oh, pickyback stop?
Speaker 13: I thought, just armor on the shoulder, like you know what I'm saying, helping me limp to the car so we could do you wouldn't you wouldn't do a piggyback? I just I guess, sure, Yeah, I guess. I just I don't know.
Speaker 8: One of my girlfriends.
Speaker 9: Continuously told us that there was something very interesting about her Christmas, and so finally we were on a girls trip and we were like we all need.
Speaker 8: To see this in real life. Yes, and we were like, oh good, she's right and it was not like this big. I don't know. I just think girls and close girlfriends are so much.
Speaker 3: Why do I picture girls are when you guys are together, are always getting naked for each other or something? Is that not how each other is interesting with each other? I don't know.
Speaker 12: Things come up and we have to.
Speaker 8: But I also feel totally comfortable be naked.
Speaker 13: Y'all change in front of each other, even on this show change, I do not care. I could never do that with Zak and moch It wouldn't It would never be a time where we would be in the same room and I would just be.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, you know what is is interesting about the girls doing that? If I if I knew what Kevin looked like butt naked the whole time, that we would be sitting here thinking about it, you know, but like it. But but same with like the the girls on the show, Like if you're one of the girls on the show and you like you guys shared that room in Chicago, Shannon with Bianca and Lydia, like you know what their bodies look like naked, and they know yours. It's not let's sketch them like you.
Speaker 12: I don't know when we change in front of each other. It's not like I'm just like looking at Shannon, like look at her take that off.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but you're like going, oh my gosh, you know, look look at look at the nipples like you never would I ever said that, Like do you remember have you ever been with with a Have you, guys ever been with a guy with a weird looking penis? Or guys, have you ever been with a with a girl with like either like that big old, big old nipples or the vaginas kind of like protruding. I know, but I'm saying like like all this, but but I'm saying, yeah, I'm here for it. What are you ever with?
Speaker 13: That's myality? What have you ever had a sub and you didn't want a lot of meat?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 3: Quick question for you? That's enough? How did this topic get to that? Hold on a second, Jamie? What's going on? Jamie?
Speaker 31: So, I just got in my car and I've heard I've caught the end of the conversation. I was talking, but I wanted to say, Look, me and my friend people think we're lesbians. Like her family always says that me and her secret lesbians because we're forever together.
Speaker 22: We always do everything.
Speaker 31: She grabs my butt, I pinched her boo.
Speaker 20: You know whatever you gotta donna.
Speaker 3: Do now you're doing it just because you guys are such good friends, right, it's yeah, yeah, anything.
Speaker 31: Now we both have partners, so I have no So I have another friend that I did kiss. We were drunk and we were just joking and then she ended up coming in closer, but nothing past that. That was one time and one time only.
Speaker 3: Wow, Jamie, thank you for the call. What's up, Teresa.
Speaker 40: Yes, I'm back in high school and my daughter was in high school. And now these are ninth or twelfth graders in the choir room. When they were getting dressed for their performance, they take off their street clothes and put on their outfits that they had to have for choir, the boys and the girls, which everybody would change in front of each other.
Speaker 3: Really, the boys were changing boys and girls, and the parents, like yourself, were not weirded out with the fact that some boys looking at your daughter.
Speaker 35: No, we walk in.
Speaker 37: The parents would walk into the choir room and see this, and it was just normal.
Speaker 7: That's how they changed their clothes to get ready for They're.
Speaker 8: Kind of the same in theater.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you had a quick change on the side of the stage, you like tried to be discreet about it.
Speaker 3: If I knew theater was that, I would have joined theater, you know what I mean. The idea that you got to like hang out with the girls.
Speaker 13: But that's different though you're focused on something else, you know what I mean, and like you have no other choice.
Speaker 3: Choir room, It's all like y'all could have win somewhere roads. I don't know about you, but I think my entire life I'm around another girl. I'm focused on something and that's not usually what I'm supposed to be focused on. All right, Anna, Rob When are we all invited to hang out with you and the Pimple Poppers anytime? So it's motion in the.
Speaker 2: Morning's Road to Music System in Vegas.
Speaker 3: The word is when go enter that right now and the number two hundred two hundred for a chance to go to the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and they Vegas starring Bts Benson, Boone, Cardi, b Goo Goo Dollas, Kenny Chesney, Laney Wilson, Major Laser, muse Snoop Dogg, Weezer, and of course, last but not least, Zara Larson. Your chance to go enter the word win on two hundred two hundred for a text. So text two hundred two hundred. I like when we do the contest here like this where we send you to Vegas. If you win this, this is the prize trip for two to Vegas. So you'll get airfare, which is expensive as hell to go to Vegas these days, Hotel accommodations, tickets to both nights of the iHeartRadio Music Festival, and one thousand dollars spending cash. Text win to the number two hundred, two hundred.
Speaker 5: Now you get a text confirming entry plus iHeart Radio info standard data in message bade apply.
Speaker 3: Alright, it is Mojo in the morning. Summer is almost over, and apparently a lot of us are already regretting it. One in four Americans say that they haven't made the most of their summer. One in four Americans are saying that they feel like this summer was kind of crappy. And I totally get it, because think about this. You spent all winter talking about how when summer gets here, you wanted to go on a vacation. You want to go to concerts, you want to go to dinner, you wanted to go to the lake, you wanted to golf, you wanted to hang out with friends. And now we are the middle of August, literally the middle of August right now, and you might not have accomplished any of that stuff. I found myself this summer accomplishing little, if not nothing, like I think, And I'm not gonna blame it just on weather because I know we had weather, and I'm not gonna blame it on those fing Canadians and that smoky thing that ruined about two winter. Yeah it was like two days, bro, buddy, it was longer than two days. There was one day where we all probably could have been dead the whole summer. I'm not going to blame it on finances because you know what, there are things you could do. You could still go and do things, but you're right, I guess you know, finances are tough. I'm not going to blame it on Shannon because she I don't know. I'm just looking at you. How you doing. I like that necklace?
Speaker 22: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I feel the same way.
Speaker 9: There were projects that, like Wes and I said, related to the house, that we were going to do, we have not even started them. That's a big one and I'm like, dang it, like the majority of the summer's gone.
Speaker 8: And also.
Speaker 9: Things like I belong to like a little neighborhood swim club. My kids swam all summer like competitively for their team. We have not yet once stepped foot into said neighborhoods swim club.
Speaker 8: I told the kids. I was like, I'm canceling it this year. I'm done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your kids are probably swimmed out though.
Speaker 9: And we just have it for fun, like it's just a fun little thing that all the neighborhood kids go to.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know what I've loved my summer. You have had a good one.
Speaker 13: I've had an incredible because all the things that I've done. No, I mean you could say that met a young lady, beautiful time with her, went to a Tiger's game, his beautiful sandwhere my deadly sandwich. Absolutely, Josiah had an incredible summer camp program that he was into. Did a movie, Uh worked here, tennis set on the play tennis set on the roof, watch the fireworks. We have some great movies that came out, had a bunch of ice cream.
Speaker 9: I feel like we all need to change our perspective summer and instead I'm thinking of all the things that I didn't And I.
Speaker 13: Guarantee you that list is so much shorter than the list that you could really be focusing on great summer.
Speaker 3: I want to ask this question. I want to find out from our listeners, where do you fall on how your summer was, and then I want you to rank it out of uh, I don't know, scale of one to ten. I'd say I'm a six for this summer. Six. Come on, bro, a scale with stars, five stars, three stars right in the middle. It's a three star summer. Do you know this? This this summer to me, This summer to me was worse than last summer. And I had that shoulder issue with it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I had more fun last summer, I really did. I had more fun, had more sex. That's how you judged me. Actually, you know what the best summer for me was the summer of sixty period.
Speaker 13: You would really like that's it. That's a true emotion. Last summer was better than summer. Yeah it was, It really was.
Speaker 31: Uh.
Speaker 3: Actually, can I tell you something about last summer. Last summer sucked because of what happened with Chelsea's like that sucked. But I do think that what it did for us was a appreciate more. And then a few months later, I'm on appreciative again. You know you're back. I'm back. I'm back.
Speaker 12: But I had a pretty good summer. I would say I think I got one thing that I noticed is I got reinspired. So like last summer, I was feeling like a little bit down. I was about to start this job. Then I started the job, and I sort of like lost my inspiration for just content in life. But like this summer, I feel like I got back up to Yeah, I took some adjusting to like be on air and like tired all day, and then I didn't want to make content. But this summer, like we had an amazing event with the Tigers. I got to reconnect with creators. So I felt good about this summer. The only bad thing was like I didn't find a boo to be cuffed up with this winter summer.
Speaker 8: It's not over.
Speaker 9: I'm at the point in the summer and I wonder if any other parents feel this way where I'm.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, I'm like trying.
Speaker 9: To soak up these last couple of weeks because we still have a couple of weeks left of like doing all these things that I still want to do. And also I'm like, hmmm, I think I'm ready for a routine. I think I'm ready for school again.
Speaker 3: You got to play, you know. My favorite thing this summer was last weekend going with the girls to Cleveland book and I think it was that my normal summer is every weekend, you know, you're hanging out with the same friends, and then you're going golfing or you're doing stuff like that. It was an unusual thing because I got to see people I haven't seen in a year. But then I also got to experience hanging out with Lydia and Bianca. I was telling somebody yesterday, I can't remember who it was on the phone. I said to him, I go that the four hours of us driving to and from Cleveland was some of the most fun that I've had because we literally we did not have the radio on once on the way to Cleveland. The way home, we had the music on the whole time and we were singing. We talked the entire first you know, route over there. So it was was it about like life or was it the show? Or no, it's about Honestly, it was a lot about personal stuff. Like it was a lot about personal family, you know, things like that. I sometimes I feel like, uh, you know, I need to change things up a little bit. But what's what Jason? Are you there? Jason? Yes, they're so so far. We're all going through our summers. Kevin's the only one with a spectacular one. I love it kayaking, it was great. I want Kevin summer. I want to share his summer with him. You know what it is, it's this girl. You're a part of my summer. No, but I think it's I think you're it's a lot of it is. You're really enjoying this. Uh it that was a later summer type of thing though. Yeah. Me, Jason, what's up?
Speaker 34: Not much, just listening to you guys.
Speaker 33: I'm a truck driver.
Speaker 41: I started a new job with my brother, calling construction equipment around Michigan and parts of Ohio. Shout out sky Works Equipment, Renoll and Romulus.
Speaker 34: Okay A.
Speaker 41: So I leave next weekend or next Wednesday to go to Boston for the Susan de Coleman three days sixty mile breast Kaker Walk to help out out there. And then in September, I'm just going to London, England for two weeks.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's going to be a good summer. It's gonna be nice.
Speaker 33: I'm ready to go.
Speaker 41: My brother's girlfriend made a comment about going up to Scotland to look at Castle, so I'm gonna go up there one day. But I also found out at a short little stop and jump over to Ireland. So I'm going over there for the weekend there. You know, right, it's just the summertime things.
Speaker 29: You know.
Speaker 3: Can I give you literally when because we went to uh, we went to London a couple of years ago and it was one of those you know, I'm one of those people like I go to Florida for fun, like that's my thing. I like it. It's it's nice, it's easy. I don't have to like crossover customs or anything like that. When I went to London, I was blown away at how cool of a city it was. Take one of those cab rides, go up in that uh what the hell is a spinny thing called ferris wheel. Yeah, go do that. Take pictures with their beautiful scenery at night, because nighttime, I think is even more beautiful than during the day.
Speaker 13: But before you do all of that, while we're taking things, take a mushroom.
Speaker 3: Take a mushroom, but don't bring it with you. Get a London's room.
Speaker 41: I don't want to like end up somewhere crazy.
Speaker 3: You know. Last summer I went to Shane Garrison on mushrooms. That's why I had such a good summer now I know there's a big guy, uh Nate.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, he's in town. You can run it back, maybe.
Speaker 3: Bergatzi him.
Speaker 8: I love him.
Speaker 3: Jackie, what's up, Jackie?
Speaker 23: What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 42: This summer to me, like I haven't even realized that that summer's almost over.
Speaker 23: I still keep saying like.
Speaker 42: Oh, I'm going to do this and this and this this summer, and like my favorite thing to do is go to the beach or go to the pool, and I.
Speaker 7: Have I've been working so much.
Speaker 33: I haven't done any of that.
Speaker 29: Be and my best friend.
Speaker 7: Schedules, they are totally opposite.
Speaker 20: My daughter's sixteen now, so she doesn't.
Speaker 23: Want to hang out with me anymore so.
Speaker 7: And I worked with kids with autism when I got put.
Speaker 42: With one of the hardest kids this summer, and it's just been like just work and go home and sleep pretty much.
Speaker 3: You know what you're doing, God's work, right.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Still gotta be the day on I want to be out at the lake with my friends exactly. I rank your summer on a scale of five stars. But how many stars?
Speaker 7: But I'd say one star, one star.
Speaker 3: Kevin's over here with his five stars. It's not too late.
Speaker 42: Though, right, I'm jealous, Kevin, I'm done.
Speaker 3: Not too late. Hit that liquor cabinet. Enjoy yourself, right, I.
Speaker 37: Got what two more.
Speaker 3: Weeks, let's do it. We're gonna we're gonna make this. Uh what do they used to call it an Indian summer? They don't call it anymore now, it's a Native American summer. They used to say that if the summer's lasted longer. Okay, yeah, let's not one of those. I don't know if they even call it Native American summer anymore. Uh, indigent Indigenous people somewhere we go, right, Ryan, what's going on? Ryan? Hey, how's it going Ryan? It's miserable, Kevin.
Speaker 38: I had a great summer too, Come on, right summing? Uh, Well, we go to the beach a lot because we live right there by a metro beach.
Speaker 24: So we go there a lot.
Speaker 3: We went to the movies.
Speaker 38: We pretty much done it all, and then we're going camping again next weekend.
Speaker 3: So did you guys explore any new positions this summer? His daughter? His daughter, Oh no, yeah, I'm talking about like we went so that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 38: The lake, Yeah, and my daughter we went to kayaking too.
Speaker 3: So that's great. We got kayaking, Kevin, That's what I'm talking about. Next, call Shawna. What's up Shauna?
Speaker 36: Hi?
Speaker 7: How you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Shauna were slap happy. We gave away a car and everybody left us. This dealership just emptied out. It's amazing. I'm hanging out with Bob the service guy. What's going on?
Speaker 32: Hey?
Speaker 3: I like it. It's okay.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna my summer five stars.
Speaker 8: It's been what was the highlight?
Speaker 7: So I'm an and so I have been working twelve hour days, but all my families are on the lake, so.
Speaker 23: I'm golden Brown.
Speaker 7: I'm relaxed. We've been playing with power boat fishing.
Speaker 3: We've been having.
Speaker 2: All kinds of fun.
Speaker 7: Fun from nine in the morning so nine at night. I'm loving it. I went to drive in three Theater in Detroit. I've never been there. I went to see Fighter Man. Someone's been fantastic.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Do you get use of the family's credit card?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 39: No?
Speaker 7: We just stay on the lake all day.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I know they don't. They give me, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: We just stay on the lake all day.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask you youredit credit card?
Speaker 7: No, they pay me good, but know that I'm staying on the lake.
Speaker 3: Some nannies get used of the family credit card, and if you are one of those nannies, call me and we'll hang out today.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, yeah, sorry, I'm not. I love you guys.
Speaker 18: Mojo.
Speaker 7: I hope you have the good rest of the summer.
Speaker 3: Thank you. That is so nice to you. I love you, Thank you. What's up, Shane?
Speaker 34: Hey, Mojo, how are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Shane, I'm doing good. I'm living vicariously through that last caller and Kevin here, what's going on?
Speaker 34: Let's go. Hey, No, I had a really great summer this year. So in the last two months, I got married about two weeks ago, thank.
Speaker 30: You, thank you.
Speaker 34: I've been to eight different concerts from pineab into Detroit, all the way into Detroit. My parents and my little brothers drove up from Texas to come celebrate with me. And then I just started a new job and I'm doing some training in Chicago in the next two weeks.
Speaker 8: Summer.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, man, it's great to hear. Jane. You're blessed, right, congrat Thank you. Nick. Not so bust Nick, Nick, you want to rank your summer. Rank it out of five stars? How do you rank it?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 13: Nick?
Speaker 3: What happened? Locked up?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 39: Right?
Speaker 38: So? I, uh, I love sports. I play uh softball the summer, volleyball, soccer, and playing in April playing softball, ended up running home, got injured toward both my triceps, hurt my next so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I slipped, I slid hit head first. It was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 38: So I've been trying to like trying to recover, and then I retore my left tricep. It's rare to even tear one tricep, but the tear two, it's like in the metal medical journals.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 24: Yeah, it's been a rough summer.
Speaker 38: I already told my bicep before working out, but this tricep.
Speaker 3: Thing was you got crazy? Try soccer.
Speaker 38: Also, I also have to postpone my wedding.
Speaker 3: Had a wedding back in June.
Speaker 38: And uh we had to postpone it unfortunately due to the surgeries and everything. So hopefully I can turn my next summer around in October.
Speaker 3: You know what, man, I'm hoping that, Yes, I'm hoping that things turn around for you. I'm hoping that you know you, it's weird you to like cancel the wedding. Isn't that crazy? What if that that it's a good thing? Maybe maybe it's not a.
Speaker 8: Good idea, I know, but it still happened.
Speaker 9: But if he finds out something she you are very negative right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm just being realistic everything for a reason. Let's end on a high note. Is he hello?
Speaker 32: First of all, first time call long?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 31: Five star?
Speaker 2: Summer?
Speaker 35: I go to Michigan State and I studied abroad for two months and same.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's incredible. By the way, go green, don't why baby?
Speaker 29: Come on?
Speaker 3: Did you need a Spanish lover?
Speaker 36: No comment on that.
Speaker 35: It was so wonderful though, And I also wanted to say that this summer, all the movies that came out were incredible, and I know that was mentioned.
Speaker 17: Earlier, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, congratulations to you. Be good at school. Okay, I don't want to see you getting goofy at Harper's.
Speaker 35: Never Never that I'm studious.
Speaker 3: I love it all right, And watch out for a kid named Luke if you be careful of them. Oh, hold on, hold on, come on, that's all say Shanny, ready ser loving that happened so fas I'm mad a girl crazy for me? Come on this at all now done to Will Smith. Summertime uh huh uh huh uh huh.
Speaker 8: I feel like we're so because of the delay.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, somebody's summer will be made this morning we give away.
Speaker 3: The car summer cars.
Speaker 25: Gosh, yes in the morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, we gave it away earlier this morning. Chesterfield Township has a richer person living in it right now because Christy Bennett was the winner, Lydia won the throwback for her congratulations right now ed cheering tickets could be yours text ed tonight five zero zero standard texting data rates to apply and you could be seeing the show at ford Field Well Chore.
Speaker 2: In the Morning's Dirty on the thirty.
Speaker 3: It's it for the day. This is the last dirty of the week. What's going on? Shannon heard?
Speaker 9: So Perez Hilton remains hospitalized about a week after that suicide attempt that he livestream TikTok, and his sister says that his recovery is far from over.
Speaker 8: His sister's name is Barb.
Speaker 9: She actually did this really long, very in depth and very graphic interview with page six, so if you want to read her account of that day, I encourage you to go there. I'm going to skip some of it just because I don't know how appropriate it is for the radio. But she talked about how she knew something was wrong when he went in his room that afternoon and shut the door, and she's like, he never ever does that. Then he stopped answering his phone, and then she couldn't get in. When she finally did get in, she saw him in the bathroom naked, had cuts to his face and other parts of his body.
Speaker 8: He was holding a box cutter.
Speaker 9: But she said, you know, it's too early to know the extent of any lasting damage or scarring right now. She just knows he has a long, a long road. A Hattie has no access to a phone, social media, or the internet right now. His focus is entirely on his treatment. And she said, his three kids, you know, they were there when this happened. She tried to get them out of the house when she realized what was going on, But she said, they're still trying to process something that no child should ever have to experience. Their grandma Perez. His mom has temporary custody while he recovers my entire Instagram fee last night this morning is Taylor Swift's new shorter haircut. If you want to see it, I encourage you to just open up your Instagram or TikTok because it's right there. She was in London hanging out with some girlfriends and it's all over the place.
Speaker 8: She cut her hair to like just below her shoulders.
Speaker 3: I would say, do we like it?
Speaker 9: I think it looks great. I mean from the grainy photos we got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hasn't had here that short, I think they said in like fifteen years.
Speaker 9: Remember she did have a bob for a while, remember the bob with the banks.
Speaker 3: So there was also some thoughts when I was looking at some of the same thing that I saw on Instagram. Some I like when people analyze it breaking news Taylor Swift, and if you like content like this, follow me. You know you ever heard that at all? And people do that. One of the people that I saw said her walking out of the Eggs the fire exit with the sign in the back was reference to another time she did that same thing. And then she released a bunch of music.
Speaker 8: Oh so there's so there's Lidiah when we need her.
Speaker 3: I think Taylor's she's so smart. Stuff doesn't get released unless there is a reason for her to release it. You know, she's pretty good.
Speaker 9: And lastly, nearly three decades after Tupac was murdered in Las Vegas, the murder trial of the man accused of orchestrating his murder is finally starting. A jury of sixteen people, six guys, ten women has now been selected. Opening statements are scheduled for Monday, and I find this very I found this very interesting. During jury selection, potential jurors were asked about everything from their favorite books and movies to their views on gangs, whether they grew up listening to Tupac's music. Prosecutors expect to call thirty five to forty five witnesses, including people who saw Tupac just before the shooting. They want to talk to Suge Night. They're saying he could testify, although he has repeatedly said.
Speaker 8: He wants no part of this trial. We shall see. Do you miss anything from this week of shows?
Speaker 9: Catch up over the weekend on the podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You know they should ask them, by the way, you should ask them if they know Eminem, Doctor dre And and Encore, Yeah go Erk.
Speaker 24: Most in the morning thirty on the thirty.
Speaker 5: Here the Shold Live on your radio, O Free, iHeart Radio app see our ugly faces except Anna and Shannon. See us live on YouTube, Facebook, Live, Twist and TikTok Is Mojo.
Speaker 3: In the Morning, All right, Mojo in the Morning Show. Congratulations again to the winner of mojo Summer of Cars, Cash and Gas, Christy Bennett from Chesterfield. Also she won the choice of a car or cash. She chose the twenty thousand dollars. Congratulations to Melissa Stewart from the West Side of Detroit, her Alicia Burton from East Point, Sorry Girl, and Jason Jennings from ham Trammick. They won each five hundred dollars Kroger gift cards.
Speaker 8: I loved all the contestants.
Speaker 3: They were great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they really do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all were great. They all got excited about what they, you know, were about to do. They did not know the runners up did not know that they were going to get the five hundred dollars. Who it was a nice little I didn't know that either. God surprised is a good one. So I am disappointed. I lost. I can't lie.
Speaker 13: Very happy for Lydia, very happy for Christy Bennett.
Speaker 8: But I knew that song too.
Speaker 9: Lydia is just so fast dea yeah away, and I know she was so freaking fast on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep the contest going. Yeah, h Shannon. I And you know this, by the way, if you're a you know somebody that's uh that's listening right now, you're you are somebody that is I'm sure dealt with the longest phone call.
Speaker 9: Oh well, So I feel kind of bad about this. There is a friend of mine who I have not and I love, love, love, but I have not talked to her in forever, like months and months, and she's been like texting me and calling me, and I am I am not mad at her.
Speaker 8: There is no bad blood.
Speaker 9: I just know it's one of those phone calls where I want to do a really good catch up with her. So I keep bumping her like she'll call if I'm like dropping off the kids somewhere, or she'll call if I'm getting ready for bed or before I'm getting ready. It's never a good time. And I'm like, okay, mental note, I need to call her back. But I know the phone call is going to take one hour two hours at least, So now I find myself like avoiding the call because I'm like, oh, this is not a good time and I really want time.
Speaker 8: But I think she thinks.
Speaker 9: That I'm like mad at her or something. So are there those people in your life that you're avoiding their phone call for whatever reason? And this one, I feel like I just need to tell her. I need ample time to do a good like catch up with you, And every time she calls, I need to just call her.
Speaker 8: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Would it be better if you went out with her because you could drink?
Speaker 8: She doesn't live here. She doesn't live here. Yeah, she lives out a stay.
Speaker 3: That is actually interesting that you when you have those friends that you cannot talk her, Yeah, you cannot just have like a quick conversation with It becomes like alone.
Speaker 12: But it always feels good.
Speaker 8: It feels and I know I have so much to talk to her about. And that's the thing.
Speaker 9: The more I push it off, the more I'm like, oh god, I have a list.
Speaker 8: I'm not joking. I have a notes list of things to talk to her about.
Speaker 3: You know, I wonder how many people feel like that with me when I Facebook.
Speaker 9: Well, you're not a quick phone call either. Maybe that's even the better topic. I know that if you're calling me, I'm at least on the phone for ten minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, Chelsea says that people will go, hey, I got to go, I'll call you back, and I go everyone, and I keep asking them more things.
Speaker 9: Like I won't let him go, or you'll hear something or someone in the background.
Speaker 8: And be like, oh, Smith is that Smith? Let me talk to Smith. I like, I have to go.
Speaker 3: Chelse hates when I call her up and she's about ready to go to an appointment and she's like, I just told you I have an appointment at whatever time it is, and it's like a minute before and I'm like, so what else are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just.
Speaker 3: Keep on asking the questions.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I gotta love and hate thing with my mom because when you see that name pop up, or if you have a contact picture pop up, it's your mom. You have a great relationship with her, very blessed to be able to see that name still pop up. So I answer every time, it's just seven out oft of ten times there's nothing to talk about.
Speaker 3: So it's just her like, so what's going on?
Speaker 13: Like you called me, I'm not trying to do this conversation or I would have called you what do we do already?
Speaker 3: I like when you do the imitation of your mom, you're like Kevin's like, kay, what you doing Kevin?
Speaker 13: Or she talk about something I said on the show. You know you didn't have to say that.
Speaker 8: Do you want to know what's so funny about moms? My mom?
Speaker 9: I don't know what it is about her lately, but we my sister Jacqueline, and I feel like she tries to get us off the phone as fast as she possibly can. So now we have a game and Lucy has joined in, and we try to just keep asking questions to see who can keep her on the phone the longest, because she'll she'll want to get off the phone with you after like thirty seconds. Lucy's winning right now at fourteen minutes and twenty five so oh.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 8: And when you get a long one.
Speaker 9: You have to document it, like on a piece of paper and screenshot it to our little gir chat.
Speaker 8: He's winning right now.
Speaker 3: That's by the way, that fourteenth that's a big one.
Speaker 8: A minute twenty five seconds is the time to be Zach.
Speaker 3: What is a typical conversation.
Speaker 9: Length with my mom? If it's a minute a minute, and then she's always.
Speaker 8: Like, okay, bye.
Speaker 9: I'm like, wait, I still have a little stuff to tell you. But yeah, Lucy's so smart. She'll write down questions so then as soon as my mom answers.
Speaker 8: When she goes to the next one, and she goes to the next time, just to keep it going.
Speaker 3: That is smart. Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight is our telephone number of text nine five five zero zero. I'm getting texts from my wife right now, like your mom about inappropriate things that I've said on the radio.
Speaker 13: Being my mom will text me immediately. Does she don't say that?
Speaker 3: No more?
Speaker 13: That was really I will say this one think I do love every morning my mom will text me do your best son, good morning god lesson every morning before the show for my phone number.
Speaker 8: I want a morning text.
Speaker 12: I'm not joking. I would love that about on the weekend, do you do your best?
Speaker 3: Though I don't know you know, you know I read the text, I don't do the text. By the way, you've been doing this daily devotional thing every day. I've been noticing you posting on it, and then I witnessed you when I went to the bathroom. Yeah, walking right, said I read it.
Speaker 13: I try to live it, you know, my best, but it's a great way to get your mind right.
Speaker 23: Good.
Speaker 3: Yes, the young lady that purchased it. It's funny because the next two topics deal with the phone calls and Kev's topic that we're going to go into next. We don't have to deals with ready for a text for mom deals with a phone call with his with his mom. But hold on, Vicky, what's up, Vicky?
Speaker 20: Hey, how's everybody doing?
Speaker 3: We're good, Vicky. Who's the person you cannot have a short conversation with?
Speaker 20: It's a minimum one hour who minimum? And she lives eight and she lives alone. So phone calls, like I'm pretty sure are the highlight of her time. And I usually call her to be honest, when I'm driving to see my daughter because it's a two and a half hour drive to her school. Put her on the phone a little bit into the drive, and.
Speaker 3: My sister Pat gets mad at me and my brother Tony. You want to know why we call her when we have long drives, and she knows that that's the only like she said to me, uh, And I said this to Tony too. I go, Tony, you gotta be careful of this, she said to me. She goes, you only call me from your car. You never call me at home. And I'm like, well, Pat, it's a long get you know what I mean. So I'll call her like I'll call her if I get in my car and I've got that hour drive back home from work. Or I'll call her like sometimes if I'm driving to Nebraska and we have we have all the time in the world to talk in the middle of cornfields. Switch it up on her. One gets mad, she gets she does not.
Speaker 8: Like it that she doesn't feel like she's a priority.
Speaker 3: She does not feel like she is. And I gotta be honest, Pat, I prioritize you if you would make a shorter conversation. Right, must run in the family aunts. It's thing, isn't it time? Yeah? I think we should have a timer on our phone calls like you know how you know how you would be on a back in the day that yeah, jail or like they have payphones. Call your call is ending thirty? What's up?
Speaker 8: Tom?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Mojo?
Speaker 3: My dad there.
Speaker 41: He calls me every day when I'm at work just to talk about his grandson.
Speaker 34: For an hour, like I'll have eight days about me. Hele just like sit there and try to drag out the call.
Speaker 3: As long as you can.
Speaker 33: I can't have a short conversation with him.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny. I can't make fun of like Shannon's situation with grandma or yours with your dad with you know grandma, Like you can't make fun of that whole thing. But I get it. It's a pain in the ass talking to people for that longer time, right, I mean, I.
Speaker 33: Don't really think it's a pain.
Speaker 41: I think it's him just being really like loving and everything.
Speaker 33: But at the end of the day, I'm like, come on, bro, Like if you're putting my job in jeopardy, like.
Speaker 3: He's always calling you, how you're working, I'm personal.
Speaker 33: Oh he called me all the time I've had work to talk about it.
Speaker 34: I'm like, dude, I literally get off in like two hours to kind of this conversation that.
Speaker 3: Like that's you know what, he loves your son and he loves you. I'm sure right he probably Oh.
Speaker 34: My son, my son, my son is named after it. My dad was a junior but didn't give any of us the name because they got too weren't worthy.
Speaker 3: Of it, but I got his grandson is, so that's cool. Why don't you instead of calling us call him now, you bastard?
Speaker 2: Why would I do that?
Speaker 41: Man, I don't want to talk for an hour.
Speaker 4: I can talk for it.
Speaker 3: I can talk for a couple of minutes, but I want to talk for an hour. Dad. I talked about how you talk too much when I talked to Mojo this morning.
Speaker 33: I guarantee you he's listening to the right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout him out there, you go, all right, have a great day, bud.
Speaker 25: It White, Detroit, WUSNX.
Speaker 1: I'm skiing Grandma Tivy an Iard radio station.
Speaker 25: Guaranteed, real stories, real laughs, real do Mojo in.
Speaker 3: The Morning Live, all right, It is the Mojo in the Morning Show. We were just talking about calling mom. Unfortunately for Kevin, that has a whole new meaning. What's up? keV?
Speaker 13: I probably should have hung up on my mom, or maybe I shouldn't. You can't not answer the call because you never know what that call is about. And there have been situations where I'll see a call all declining, or I'll just try to answer you quickly and say is everything okay? And if she says, yeah, then I can hang up. But she's been going through some stuff lately, so I feel like I can't operate that way. So me and you know, my lady friend we lay on the bed with chilling, watching the little show, watching a little movie. Chilling turns into you know, kissing, so we start kissing a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: She's on top kissing da da da dah.
Speaker 13: Then my phone rings. It's on the bed on my side. So I look over.
Speaker 3: I see it's my mom. I'm like, my god, I'm like, all right, hold on real.
Speaker 13: Quick, right, so and tell her the hold on reach you get my phone like hello Mom?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, man, I'm like, yeah, what's what's going on? I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 13: She starts to talk, and I'm like, I'm not answering in full sentences.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to be short.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like so she noticed that.
Speaker 3: She notices. I'm like, okay, yep, yep, everything's cool. Oh really, yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 13: My lady friend starts to go lower than where she originally was, and I'm still talking to my mom. Then I noticed that she's been lower for about three minutes, and then I'm like I need to get off this phone right now, because things are starting to get weird because at the time I'm like, I'm talking to she know you're on with your mom. She knows I'm on the phone. Think she knows it is my mom, know.
Speaker 3: Because otherwise probably maybe not the right time exactly.
Speaker 13: So eventually I hang up once it started. You know, do you get a little too much?
Speaker 3: Is that part? Is that like a part of the game, I guess, which mean like where I.
Speaker 12: Feel like I've been in the girls shoes and it's like how quick can I get you to be? Like I got to hang up this phone right now?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: I like that game. I never played games like that side of my league. Now.
Speaker 13: I've had timers, like timer games like how fast can you go?
Speaker 3: But I've never had.
Speaker 12: A game like a mental game as like here you are.
Speaker 3: On the phone with as you. I love it, Kevin, right, and this is going on that that to me is wild, like it brings back I don't know if it was like a few weeks ago or whatever, or maybe even yesterday, who knows. We talk about this stuff so much. When that person said that they picked up the phone for their mom when they're when they were in the middle of it, like they were fooling around and their mom called and there like I got to pick up the phone. Like that's a like you can let it go to voicemail.
Speaker 13: Never know, I mean now you probably can since you have you can read the voicemail and you can see like in the moment, but in the emergencies, nobody's leaving a voicemail.
Speaker 9: You said, your mom is in like a fragile place right now, so you don't want to even take t Yeah, I'm like hello.
Speaker 13: And then it turned out to be about nothing. That was the worst thing, you know, how did you get off the phone that said I gotta go by things started to get too good, So I gotta go.
Speaker 3: You have you in my mind and it's very movie. It's not gonna work out exactly. I gotta go, Mama, Mama, Ma, there you go. Go. Yeah, yeah, I know. That is so funny and stupid. Start to lose eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six for you if you're if you're in the midst of like baking cookies and mom calls or mom's on the phone, like that's you start going from yeah, okay, to like, because mom think you're too relaxed. I don't know. I could see your mom going, Kevin.
Speaker 8: Are you drinking that you're not paying full attention to my grandma.
Speaker 3: My grandm would be like, keep your elbows down.
Speaker 13: I mean like, if I'm drinking, my elbow go highers my elbows down.
Speaker 3: Now, elbows down. She tells me, Yes, they say stopped drinking eight for for Mojo Live. Are we even going to get it? Calls on this topic, There's no way. Probably not. Nobody is sacrilegious like that. You'll think so. No, you only full around when you're on the phone with a telemarketer. You know, I'm.
Speaker 13: Probably should have ended the call sooner, but I was like I wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was on that. I was on a call not that long ago that I talked about where it was the longest like on hold ever. That would have been a good time for a girl like that girl. Now that's a gang. You never know when they're gonna pick up.
Speaker 12: When this was happening. Do you tell the girl afterwards? That was my mom?
Speaker 3: I feel like that would have killed the question. I think I did, Okay, I think I did. I would rather you not, that's okay. We it didn't stop us. What did she do? What was her reaction to that? She feel finished?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But did she feel awful though she didn't? Has she met your mom yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: When are you going to introduce our magazine girl to mom and grandma mo? When it's an appropriate.
Speaker 8: Song because you've met her whole family?
Speaker 13: But that was like I was helping her with something that required her family to be okay.
Speaker 3: All right, but still you're not feeling one hundred percent?
Speaker 13: Yes, no, I mean honestly, there's only been one person that has ever met my family for real, Like I'm not I'm not gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't be bringing people around like that. What's up, David?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I wanted to make a comment. My mom was habitual. She was habitual with it. When I was a quote unquote bacon cookies, she she would call.
Speaker 31: It's like she had a.
Speaker 3: Radar of.
Speaker 2: K.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 18: Crazy since my since my mom, my mom passed away maybe two years ago, about two years ago, a little over two years ago. And man, I wish them damn calls would come through.
Speaker 3: Every time I have sex. I wish my mom would call me man.
Speaker 18: Man, you'd be surprised it was that often.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. I feel you. I don't know if I want my mom's dad, but I don't know if I want her call me when I'm having sex. What's going on? High Rosie?
Speaker 20: Hi, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 31: So I answered the phone to whoever calls. I'm just keep going and I just do what I gotta do.
Speaker 3: You are a dirty girl. It don't matter who's the most important, who's the most interesting person, not important, the oddest or.
Speaker 42: Probably my probably be my best friend, because later on I would tell her, be like, so, you know, when you called me x YZ, what's happening?
Speaker 37: And then we just laugh about it.
Speaker 3: Nobody that you're talking to knows that you're in the middle of doing that. They can't tell by the tone of your voice.
Speaker 42: One didch She's like, are you okay?
Speaker 12: I'm like, yeah, let me call you back the watch out for Rosie to.
Speaker 3: Talk to you later. I'll call you a little later today.
Speaker 5: More than twenty million podcast John Lud's in twenty twenty five, and Mojo.
Speaker 3: Did most of them.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is Mojo in the Morning. Now, it's Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Back fro down. This is for our end of summer Gordon Chevrolet Mojo in the Morning, Channel ninety five to five, one of four point five SNX ninety two point five Kiss FM iHeartRadio Summer of Cars Cashing gas in a brand new twenty twenty six beautiful vehicle that's worth twenty eight thousand dollars right okay? Or twenty thousand dollars in cash. Christy Bennett from Chesterfield, Michigan, is the winner of Mojo in the Morning Summer of Cars cashing gas from Gordon Chevrolet. Good job lid, Christy. This is the big news. Now. I got Mic up here. He's ready. He's gonna either give you keys or give you a check. What are you choosing today?
Speaker 12: I wanted the car. My husband thought we need the money more.
Speaker 3: Twenty thousand dollars is your Is that a life changer for you? Guys?
Speaker 14: Is that as we're.
Speaker 12: Redoing our house and it's been like a fifteen year thing and we're in debt with everything and the money is a huge help.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Look at you, you got tears and your husband, even though I think he's a bastard for not coming here today, he's not. He's working. He's working now, so help y for this? All right? What do you want to say to him? Is he's listening to you right now. I'm sure I told you it would work. Ah, I love it. Don't ever doubt your wife. Guys, I am so happy for you, Lydia. You did a fantastic job. Give Lydia a nice bag, a hug and congratulations. That's awesome, and congratulations to you, Congratulations to your family. I want you to meet Mike Porter. Mike your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited it's going. It sounds like it's going to somebody that's going to put it to you. We're excited to do it for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you. Gordon Chevrolet, Ford Road west of Merriman and Garden City. Good contest today, a lot of fun. Hey. We will be out and about all weekend. Actually keVs out today with the most famous Brits since Harry and.
Speaker 13: William Listen Man, Josh and Jays, the British travel duo are back in Michigan. We'll be at Planet Fitness and Nova from one to three today. I hear there's a huge crowd that's already been lining.
Speaker 3: Up since last night. Fitness is a beautiful location. First one hundred people get free.
Speaker 13: I met Josh and Jay's t shirts with food, you know, life beverages and refreshments and of course dose you get tickets. So it's a good time. One to three Nova Planet Fitness and those guys are a.
Speaker 3: Lot of fun. I really enjoy watching this stuff. I loved I don't know which one it is, Josh or Jays. I get them mixed up, like get the Jonas brothers. But I loved the post that he posted about Michigan and food and every all the stuff that's there. So come sam Anna. Speaking of Michigan and food, little Caesar's Pizza.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I'm going to be at the brand new Little Caesars in Van Buren. It's at six zero six five Rowsonville Road, and the first one hundred pee oh tomorrow tomorrow. I'll be there from ten thirty to twelve thirty. The first one hundred people in line will get free pizza.
Speaker 2: For a year.
Speaker 14: What did you just say, free pizza for a year?
Speaker 3: First? How many people? One hundred? And again, give that headdress one more time.
Speaker 12: Now I'm excited, zero six five Rawsonville Road.
Speaker 3: So and this is that concept right of that you did serve Little Caesars.
Speaker 12: Yep, yeah, you have to check it out. They're popping up everywhere.
Speaker 3: Now, Shannon, you got any fun plans this weekend?
Speaker 9: I'm going on a little helicopter tour this afternoon over this city of downtown Detroit with myflight tours dot Com. And I'm so excited to do that. I've done it a few times before. I did it with some friends. I did it with my dad as a father's stay gift a couple of years ago. So now I'm taking Smith, my almost third grader, and we're gonna go do that today. I've got the big party tomorrow, the annual Summer party with my friends Justin and Matt. That is happening. I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow morning. Congrats to Pam. And then Sunday I'm going to sleep.
Speaker 3: Good for you. All right, going to a wedding, Kara Middleton's wedding. We're gonna be going to sound excited. Very we are excited for Kara has been like a daughter to Chelse and I and Jacob's best friend forever. So congrats to the Middletons and we'll be back twenty
Speaker 1: Plus years of idiocy and still going in Detroit, Toledo, in West Michigan, it's Mo Show in the morning.