Speaker 1: Welcome back past your morning. Sure, here we are Fargo, Flesh and Tommy Lilstening. There's daddy. Yeah, man, you're going up. You're going to this weekend?
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to Montreal this weekend's dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should be found.
Speaker 2: Have you been Fargo?
Speaker 1: I've never been.
Speaker 2: I haven't either.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: It'd be good and hoping I'm feeling better by the time I get on the plane tomorrow. And then uh, Buffalo, New York the week after this, which is a good deal. I like that place too.
Speaker 4: Have you been to the place that invented the Buffalo wings?
Speaker 1: What's that? The anchor bar or whatever? No, you gotta go when you're there.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big Buffalo Wing fan.
Speaker 1: Don't like the things you do not do not?
Speaker 4: You and I differ in that category.
Speaker 3: Like thee don't eat meat, but huld like the bone.
Speaker 1: That's correct, all right, Daddy, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: That'd be good.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Is there a direct flight from here to Montreal?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There is?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, man, there's not the Buffalo Believe it or not, but they're Yeah.
Speaker 5: Quick update for Chris and for the listeners. We did review Tommy's story during the commercial break.
Speaker 1: It's not going to make it there.
Speaker 5: It is not ararable. But but yeah, it's so tame. It's way tamer than any of us thought. We're like, oh, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Way, okay, yes, normal. Yeah, I'm not saying it's like, you know, run of the mill.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying for Tommy, that's on the Tommy tale.
Speaker 2: I can't even imagine what it is.
Speaker 5: Then it's it's goes home right now, yeah, turn the turn your mind bad. It's a ten second story. It's it's kind of boring for a Tommy story. For if one of us told that story, you'd be like, gee, that's a little aggressive, but that's a two on the Tommy scale.
Speaker 1: Bright sauce, that's pretty. And this story started. What was the hint that brought the story?
Speaker 5: We're talking about baby bird again, like the fact I thought, so we're like, how.
Speaker 1: Bad can this be? And uh, you know again it's all relative, right, but.
Speaker 5: The well they're well John Boy doesn't get a hold of this. While they're doing that story. You and I were just talking about this during the break. This ten k cross country skiing, right, Jesse Diggans got third looks like she's hurt, but she's a She crossed in third, so the gold it looks like the gold medal winners, like in the twenty two minute range, right, think about think about busting your ass. You're you finish in twenty five minutes. Okay, you're one of the best cross country skiers in the world, and you finish seventieth, right, You're.
Speaker 1: Still an absolute truck oak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're seventieth, right, Like these people are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these girls are just hauling ass.
Speaker 5: And there she's, you know, four or five minutes behind, and yeah, it looks like an absolute failure finishing seventieth, and she would.
Speaker 1: Just shows you how good Jesse Diggins is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so some weed. It looks like she won in twenty two minutes forty nine seconds. Diggins was I think like a minute after that, something like the thirty seconds there a minute either way, see right, pretty tame on the Tommy scale, right, I'm boring.
Speaker 3: I feel a little sicker than I did before he came over here. But no, on the scale, I'm with you, I expected much much worse than that. I infected that I'm a little turned on by. Yeah, huh, yeah, I didn't expect that to be the case.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you were shocked by the participants.
Speaker 1: But I think that sounds like you was too. It didn't do much for me, and.
Speaker 7: That was a That was the story? Is that you That was the greeting, right, That's how you were greeting.
Speaker 1: That was the greeting.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you still know these people very well?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, followed it around.
Speaker 1: In your Christmas card list.
Speaker 4: They're not on the Christmas card one went, one went dark for a while.
Speaker 1: One, yeah there, but they're back.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: You know, Tommy story is tame when we all pause and he goes and that's it because we all know one else, and you're like, no, that's it, that's not that's it. What do you mean that's it?
Speaker 1: It makes me happy.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, maybe I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Could you still taste the cardboard? Come on, man, just.
Speaker 8: Come on, man, Zach, when are you going to go to Colorado to buy more drugs?
Speaker 1: Maybe get some marxicillin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy, maybe a new toothbrush.
Speaker 5: I know Chris is about to do the news, but somebody tweeted yesterday, man, where did I see this? The Minnesota has some weird st D. Did you guys see that headline?
Speaker 2: I don't know, just google this.
Speaker 1: So Captain Billy Hill was talking. Okay, calm down.
Speaker 4: Did I tell you I've told you guys about one of Sessa's things about the captain.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: She has like a like a secret crusher on the captain.
Speaker 5: Oh hay, before you do that, because I want to hear about that, for sure. I have a lot of questions. Yeah, CBS News. Minnesota is the epicenter of the nation's largest known outbreak of sexually transmitted ringworm.
Speaker 2: Son of the.
Speaker 5: Minnesota is the midst of a state health official calls the nation's largest known outbreak of t m v i I fondal skin infection that can cause severe ringworm.
Speaker 1: So but sexually transmitted.
Speaker 7: When I was at the U and probably for you as well, in the summer, they have these wrestling camps by Jay Robinson.
Speaker 1: The it was the worst.
Speaker 7: Pe tree dish in side the football complex and it was for four weeks. And every single year there was a ginormous ringworm outbreak every year.
Speaker 1: Tommy, are you sitting down? Sitting?
Speaker 5: The first the first reported case was July of twenty twenty five when a patient sought treatment for a genital rash. Since then, more than thirty confirmed or suspected cases in the Twin Cities. It is most prevalent among men, with other men.
Speaker 1: In monomide.
Speaker 5: Symptoms include ringworm on the arms, buttocks, genital's legs, which appear like round coin like rashes that are read and irritated. So yep, std ringworm. Minnesota is the epicenter who reported it. That's CBS News.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that means it's legit, like that's an epidemic. They're they're finding enough cases and it's my god, big deal.
Speaker 1: You care fought their time? What way to go to Minnesota? Yeah, that's the word. We won something. You don't want to add ringworm to your resume when you're starting to have fun.
Speaker 9: No, you know what good time you to have it though at the Olympics on look down at your buttocks and see the old Olympic logo of ringworm.
Speaker 2: Plus you don't have to be alone.
Speaker 1: Do you know when I was so big back in the day, when I was like go on for you big three.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm talking like middle school, like elementary school. I used to like want ringworm to lose weight. That's how you're trying to get ring worm. Yeah yeah, just yeah.
Speaker 1: That guy that that that, that little fourth grader had tough times.
Speaker 4: That guy had some dark times. Was fourth grade timing like big big oh yeah, just first first grade?
Speaker 1: Timmy was on.
Speaker 4: Height and weight.
Speaker 1: That's a huge bit. When you played youth football, were you black striped.
Speaker 4: Double backstripe, couldn't pick up a fumble, couldn't.
Speaker 1: Pick up a fumble? Fumble, they would pull you off immediately, whistle blown, can't touch. But well, you guys don't know this. I didn't know the double black bed you guys, even I didn't have that double black stripe. They made my own.
Speaker 4: There was a Tommy Olsen rule because I played up two grades and at the Eddie so Eddie two grades older than me, heaviest guy on that team, two years older than me, double black stripe. To the point where this is not exaggeration, my dad would call in right now a fumble and I picked it up, play would stop.
Speaker 1: The refs blow it dead, blow it.
Speaker 4: Dead, two years up, blow dead, geez, but on extra points so you could you could recover it. But then the play was immediately on it. Even if I picked it up, I couldn't because I.
Speaker 5: Would think that they wouldn't want you even diving on the ball then, because what if you crushed some other kid.
Speaker 1: Going for the ball. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So that was that was so the reason I went up to an eighth grade on.
Speaker 1: When you're in sixth grade, yeap on extra points.
Speaker 4: I could like run the ball so I could be like full back or something.
Speaker 1: But like that was it.
Speaker 4: So I played three years of eighth grade football. Yeah, but you guys back in the day, was those are my days? Like it was the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how cool?
Speaker 5: How cool were you when you were a sixth grader playing with eighth graders?
Speaker 1: The coolest part. So Eddie and I.
Speaker 4: Transferred from like from we went to Saint Jude and we went to the public school, and I was in six and Eddie was in eighth and so like we all had to wear jersey days like when you play in the games, and then like I would be the only sixth grade wearing a jersey on like a random Rids day.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, yeah, the castle man. Yeah you'd think, but I was so thick it was tight, and I hated that was the worst guys.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 4: I was dating girl in the seventh grade and her brother or was on the varsity football team, right, and she's like, Tom, I could I could? You could wear his jersey? I was like, oh, yeah, awesome. And it was so like do you know how they get jerseys away and it they were home that week, so the away jersey was white and I put it on and it looked like I was like, like my belly button looked like like a donut, you know, and it was.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: I cried so hard, and but I like I had to wear because it's my girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Like the whole time, I'm just like I have don't look at me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys going up big is it's total diabola, not fun.
Speaker 1: It's it's tough, not fun. It's tough. Yeah. But so yeah, kill them with kindness.
Speaker 4: Oh oh yeah, but like yeah, not picking up a fumble, those are the real days. In eighth grade, that was not the case, but like leading up to that, that's why I moved up two years.
Speaker 1: But in eighth grade though, were you still double black striped when you were in eighth grade?
Speaker 4: Yes, so I was still were eighth grade my third year of eighth grade football is I was two hundred and fifty five pounds in eighth grade.
Speaker 7: Wow, did you play youth football early too? Did you like get in early, like first grade playing with third graders? Uh?
Speaker 1: Second grade? I played with third grade?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and third grade, fourth grade, set grade, sixth grade and then sixth grade, played three years eighth grade.
Speaker 5: So hang on, I don't know if we've ever asked you a question like this, but when you were bigger, when did you actually have like the skill set too, when you weren't just the biggest kid pushing kids around, when you actually like.
Speaker 1: Oh, this kid's actually good too. Was it about eighth grade?
Speaker 4: You guys know, I don't like ever sounded like cocky or anything, but like in first grade, seven years old, that's when my mom took me to the University of Minnesota and she's like, oh, honey, were just going to go down there, like look at the campus because I love the ghost. And I had two days of full physicals, like because I was so big. Yeah, because Eddie, who's a monster. I was bigger and taller than him. And when I was seven and then I also like won all the track and field days too, So like I was there fast too, biggest and fastest, did from day one. Yeah, it just didn't make sense and like so naturally I just gained ten to twenty pounds my whole life until I was twenty three years old, like just it.
Speaker 1: Just had meant to.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was so. I like skill set was usual. Yeah, I was always there for you A six four now yeah so.
Speaker 1: That was no like yeah to go down Gloria four star?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so were you four star?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So like do you know like Tom Lemmings, Yeah, top one hundred and I went to the US.
Speaker 1: Boyhood dream that's the kids could state Glory d Road, right, Yeah, all theyss.
Speaker 8: You guys are this is my parently we're talking Tom top the top one hundred, Tom Lemings and twenty eleven, Jadavian Clnnie was number one, and then you go through that list like really good players, not number ninety four, Teddy Bridgewater, number ninety five, Tommy.
Speaker 1: No kidding, we're bringing that out next time years again.
Speaker 4: Twenty eleven, so I was number one, five ninety five.
Speaker 1: So yeah L L E M M.
Speaker 4: I Chicken guard center in the country that year, like number two, your senior junior year senior year twenty eleven. So Jadeveon Clonnie was number one. Do you know the other guard slash Christian Westerman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know him pretty yeah.
Speaker 4: So he was from Phoenix, Arizona, and he played for the Bengals for a while.
Speaker 1: So good, good guy.
Speaker 2: There it is Man ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was ninety.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah cool.
Speaker 2: Michael Bennett ninety three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dusty mod isn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there it is. It's the only Minnesota on that list. Oh, we never have people now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was cool.
Speaker 1: So the top one hundred.
Speaker 4: I took a lot of pride in that, and then.
Speaker 7: Brad and then and you were offered by Brewster. Yeah, correct. So I came and played with Jerry Kill tom Still Tommy's issue, guys is Tommy had to.
Speaker 1: Go through which I had to go through a little bit as well.
Speaker 7: But when you have a major coaching change, you know, Ben had been you know, Bill Snyder for fifty years.
Speaker 1: I can't say Tommy was amazing.
Speaker 7: I remember calling Tommy's game when he was a high school freshman, and the build up of the game for the Prep.
Speaker 1: Bowl was like, you guys got to talk with this Tommy Olsen kids.
Speaker 7: So I did all my research and like Tommy was trending for like a parade all American, right, So Tommy was elite and was a gopher.
Speaker 1: It was in your bloodlines.
Speaker 7: And then it looked like this Tim Brewster was going to make us go to the Rose Bowl, right.
Speaker 1: And then so you come with Tim Brewster and you commit whoa.
Speaker 7: And then but then Jerry Kill comes and anytime you go through a coaching staff change, you know there's a couple of years you got to go backwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where that's where you go. You kind of fell victim of that. Yeah, one of the coolest glory days. Right, you guys got me rolling. I love this.
Speaker 4: So Brewster and then the O line coach and the D line coach come over to get Eddie to sign right in January of his senior year, and they're like, all right, you're good.
Speaker 1: And then so I'm.
Speaker 4: Sitting there with like three sweatshirts on my leather jacket to make.
Speaker 1: Me look bigger, and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: Bruce looks over because all right, tom now it's on you. I was like, yeah, he you want to be, we're going to offer you a full ride. This is January of my sophomore year.
Speaker 1: He's offering you a full ride as they're signing your brother.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they're like, we got, we got that he's good. And then he looked at me and I got I'll commit on the spot. And I committed right away. And so to this day, I'm the earliest commitment and go for football history and I take the most bride.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's awesome for you. Yeah, it sounds like you would have committed at age seven when you were getting your physicals. No, no, no, jokes.
Speaker 2: Should have been competitive.
Speaker 1: You guys, I've always wanted to talk about. This is fantastic.
Speaker 5: You know it's bad when the big ten double black strip things like you're gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: Some of these kids think it's funny.
Speaker 7: Tommy's the only person I've noticed played like nine years of youth football. I mean, your dad snuck in first grade.
Speaker 4: We actually my dad started a new league right for the youth league. No, just so I could play with my brother because you couldn't play two years up.
Speaker 1: And he's just like Litten's very cool man. That's awesome. Yeah, freak. God's great. All right, you gotta go, buddy or what you guys? Sorry, I was a little loopy today. I had a rough start in the morning.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was great. No, love you guys. Yeah, I'll be back next week. All right, there goes to you. Ben Leber is here see a flash court. Can I say something? Of course? Uh says Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 1: I'll take care of it. Yeah, that'll help you.
Speaker 5: Ben Leaver joins next. This is the power triom, won't he chow on the fan?
Speaker 3: So we were looking at the Tom Lemmings report thing for the year I graduate high school, which was nineteen eighty nine. How do you guys say, Chris whanky white White he was one of the top quarterbacks in nineteen eighty nine, which is the year.
Speaker 1: I graduate high school.
Speaker 2: He's from here. He went to Florida State, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was.
Speaker 10: He was a baseball stud too, wasn't he Wasn't he like a Joe Mauer ish like two sport athlete.
Speaker 1: I think that's correct. I'm pretty sure you're right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had him and then he had a little time in the NFL, did he not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He did. Was it the panther.
Speaker 2: I think it's the panther said, were you were you on the uh the last thing?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Lemmings thing is.
Speaker 3: What we were just talking to Tell me about this top one hundred recruits each year and from college to high school.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think.
Speaker 10: I think because I was so under the radar that I don't think that I was on any of those.
Speaker 2: What year did you graduate high school?
Speaker 1: Ninety seven?
Speaker 5: Yes, Chris Winky was ninety seven to two thousand at Florida State and then played for the Panthers.
Speaker 1: So he and I are the same age. Oh, okay, got it. Let's see if you did you play baseball too? Played minor league baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays. Yeah, I remember that name, well, isn't he? Did he not go to Cretan too? He did? Yep, he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the year nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: An All American out of Bethlehem Freedom High School in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Dwaine Johnson, the Rock.
Speaker 1: The Rock. We got him.
Speaker 5: Okay, So by the way, back to back to Winkie. Here's by the way, here's the here's what we're missing on Winkie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the deal?
Speaker 5: So prep quarterback nineteen eighty nine, Cretan Durham Hall. I just mentioned he played at Florida State ninety seven through two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what is so he played baseball?
Speaker 2: Oh wow?
Speaker 5: And then, at age twenty eight, became the oldest player to ever win the Heisman Trophy.
Speaker 1: He was selected by.
Speaker 5: The Panthers in the one NFL Draft, where he served mostly as a backup. How about this It says only had two career victories as a starting quarterback in his NFL career. Won his first ever NFL game the first game of the one season, and then they lost the next fifteen, so they finished one in fifteen that year. But he won the first game. So that's that's how you can be the whatever. The top recruit in eighty nine but not played until Florida State in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: He chased baseball for whatever eight years? Did leave two?
Speaker 5: Yeah, farther left is gone to see if he was on Wow? Man, I forgot there was a giant gap with baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Same.
Speaker 2: How about Tommy being just below Teddy Bridgewater?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How about that? Wait? I didn't hear that car.
Speaker 2: And the two.
Speaker 3: I should say twenty eleven, Lemming released the top one hundred high school football players in the Nation going into college and Teddy Bridgewater's ninety six and Tommy Olsen's ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Wow. Number two was Jadavian Clowney.
Speaker 10: Dang, yeah, yeah, that's cool. I still have my parents still have it in my bedroom back in South Dakota, which I don't think they've touched. I mean they've probably vacuumed and dusted, but it's like still the same.
Speaker 2: It's too gross in there.
Speaker 1: It's too gross. Yeah, you can't go in. I still have framed.
Speaker 10: The the Senior Bowl poster that I have from the Senior Bowl that I was at.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of fun.
Speaker 10: Every one sow when I go home, just like look at the names again and be like, oh, yeah, that guy was great, that guy's great, This guy's in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: This whole string of guy's never even made it, you know.
Speaker 10: Like yeah, right, And it's amazing how many guys actually don't have very long careers.
Speaker 5: So who were the biggest names that played in the Senior Bowl the year you put me on this? Like what you said, hall of Fame is there somebody that jumps south.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 5: Who's who's the biggest name in that group? Peppers maybe, oh Man, Yeah, yeah, Julius Peppers.
Speaker 1: Julius Peppers.
Speaker 6: Wasn't he the second pick? And oh two with that one in fifteen record?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe Carol?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, I don't know, maybe, I don't know he he was. I just remember the first time meeting him, like this, this guy's different, this guy, this.
Speaker 5: Guy who is the point guard at caroly was it was it Curry not Steph Ronald Curry. I think it might have been Ronald Curry correct, And just watching him lob it up to Peppers, man, and you're like, that guy plays football too, and he looked like a football player, just could slam the hell out of a basketball.
Speaker 6: Peppers was the second pick, and oh two, U David Carr was the first pick in two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Julius Peppers was different. What a freak? Yeah yeah, that's awesome. Oh yeah, Harrington is in that Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah crazy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, bran kidding he was seven. Albert Hainsworth was the fifteenth pick in that draft.
Speaker 5: Freemie, and we're almost we're almost all of the names you're saying seniors with those guys all in the Senior Bowl or just that draft class.
Speaker 10: That I don't I'm just looking at the draft class.
Speaker 6: But so good names. Yeah, who was the twenty fourth pick in the two thousand and two draft.
Speaker 1: There's a reason we should know? Yes, yeah, twenty fourth pick O two?
Speaker 5: Why would we know that? Is that a Viking? No, it's not a Viking twenty fourth pick? And oh two two?
Speaker 1: Chad Abbat, no Berrero, no guards? What position? That'll give it away? One of your favorite players of all time?
Speaker 5: Cores ed Reid Edward ed arguably my favorite defender of all time.
Speaker 1: Yep, no offense, man, that's okay. Remember t J. Duckett, Ben Daniel Oh yeah yeah, Michigan.
Speaker 10: Oh this is this is this reminds me now I'm looking at the uh the senablel roster. So so Ron Johnson and I were on the same team. I think, were you really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Because we're in the same class.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, we're we're part of the what the north?
Speaker 1: That's so weird.
Speaker 5: I just in my head, he's like a couple of years ahead of you, but you guys were the same class.
Speaker 1: Huh. Interesting. He's never brought that up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you mentioned it on Twitter, sauce you ready, Oh yeah, Time for sports.
Speaker 11: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor Zacho.
Speaker 6: Today and to ten, the men's US hockey team battles last Via today in their first matchup of the Olympics.
Speaker 1: Here we go, you know, here we go.
Speaker 9: It's one of those things you just gotta show up and and play hard and hopefully learn something and get better, and you'd be ready for obviously more stiffer competition. But it'll be fun to finally see these after twelve years awaiting. The National Hockey League is back in the Olympics, and I don't think any of us could be more excited.
Speaker 6: And then on Saturday they played Denmark at two ten, so that'll be great.
Speaker 1: What is the sport we're about to watch right now.
Speaker 5: It's a snowboard something across, so you basically it's racing with snowboards.
Speaker 1: When they were talking about hockey, I was watching this as well.
Speaker 5: The thing that's crazy about these snowboard races is, you know, the drones have really gotten a chance to show us how fast some of these sports like lose your alpine skiing really go I feel like this looks really slow, but there's no way it's slow, you know what I'm saying, Like I think this is deceptively slow, Like I.
Speaker 1: Felt, oh yeah, he didn't make it over the jump.
Speaker 5: Like, doesn't it look like they're kind of going slow, you know what I'm saying, But they're flying.
Speaker 1: I don't seen this before. This kind of Yeah, it's not unlike.
Speaker 5: Like snow cross, right, but just yeah or BMX just on snowboards instead.
Speaker 1: Of what's the guy in the lead hawk? What's his name? Carol Shelby for the car. This is Eddie Vedder's kid, Jake Vetter. You know.
Speaker 10: The sport that I know is they are they are cooking right, But because they're they're they're like body mechanics and movements aren't super twitchy. It's the speed skaters because they're so smooth and the way that they like glide.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like they're putting in a ton of effort.
Speaker 10: But then when the drones right there are like you know, they're the cameras trying to race up next to him like they are hauling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how long is this course?
Speaker 1: Two hours?
Speaker 5: So they're snowboarding diarists.
Speaker 1: Finish. I think these are just qualifiers. I think it's the top couple from each race. I think advance.
Speaker 5: So I think those two were cruising because I believe they just were like, all right, I made it.
Speaker 1: I can just cruise, held a hand. It would have been nice. It would have been a nice moment. Yeah, that would have been a nice moment. I finished third then, so I don't know if thats like.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they take the top times or just the top couple per race.
Speaker 1: Not sure how this works.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Timberwolves smoked the Blazers one thirty three, one oh nine. Julius Randall had forty one in the wind. Your Wolves are thirty four and twenty two. They're off until a week from Friday, when they are back.
Speaker 5: From the All Star break and host of Dallas Cooper flag Herd or is he back up and running?
Speaker 1: No, he's hurt. He's not partaking anything this weekend.
Speaker 5: But I mean, will he be back a week from Friday Target Center or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For those you buying tickets Hawker, you watching the contest on Saturday.
Speaker 3: I probably will, yeah, but I'll have to put it on VCR tape because I haven't even seen who's in it this year?
Speaker 1: Hawk who's in the Dunk Contest?
Speaker 3: Larry Reynolds yep, Johnson yep, and James Finch McGee.
Speaker 5: Do you remember, like back in the day, there was like what eight ten maybe competitors in the contest? Four Jackson Hayes, Oh, Carter Bryant, who, Keishaw Johnson who? And Jace Richardson Jace. I would have known, I knew. I knew Carter Bryant played for the Spurs because he's very young. Was he a first round er this year or last year?
Speaker 1: He's very young? No idea.
Speaker 5: I would not have known the other three teams Jackson Hayes, who's the guy you knew? Carter Bryant and Jace Jace Richardson. There's a jas in the NBA.
Speaker 1: Carter Bryant averages three and a half points a game. Two rebounds that guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yes, yes, off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: But is he was he not like a first round pick this year?
Speaker 5: I think he was, off the top of your head a maskt you know you're familiar with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was. He was a first round pick, the fourteenth overall pick. In the twenty twenty five draft. He went to Fountain Valley High School. Sage the top of your head on big school, and he went to Arizona.
Speaker 1: That's the college.
Speaker 2: Sports was playing tight end, no wrong the Frenchman.
Speaker 6: The go for men's basketball team has seven regular season games left.
Speaker 1: They will battle Washington on Saturday at eight o'clock.
Speaker 6: Frenchman Tennis sent that. Tennis sent us that yesterday. It just shows that he doesn't listen to us. He said that was breaking news for us, right, Yeah, I can't blame him.
Speaker 9: No sense to a buddy last night for that and heard his reaction for the first time.
Speaker 1: That's what I wish man.
Speaker 9: I wish I could go back to hearing that, Yeah, that hits the balls.
Speaker 11: Well, oh to the groin for Yanni compared Drawn, and you could hear it.
Speaker 1: He's so into it. We played again, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Oh the gate to the groin for Yanni compared Drawn and you could hear it.
Speaker 1: It's so much bet. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: It's so much better that it's not like, oh, to Frank Smith's crotch.
Speaker 1: There's something about how he kind of wants a little bit roll.
Speaker 5: The Yannier, like he wants to say it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, and you could hear it. He made it.
Speaker 10: He makes it sound like taking the gate to the groin is kind of common.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet it is. It's like old, the old classic gate to the groin.
Speaker 5: The gate caused a couple of crashes this morning when we're watching the women's alpine ski.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was super g I don't know what the hell they call all these things, but guys fly literally looks cool. Man, that's a fun looking sport. I've not seen this before. I don't know I've missed.
Speaker 1: This, but this is like, Oh did the X game start this? And I think expected up? That makes that sounds right. It looks like yellow like swooping in there.
Speaker 5: H you gotta ride the draft. They gotta try to draft and all that garbage. Oh oh real, he was pushing a bit the Frenchman. That does look super fun. Yeah, Italy looks freaking.
Speaker 1: Now and you could hear it. Hey, maybe you said the score and I apologize, Oh no, photo finish. Do you know who the Panthers beat in that first game?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna guess the Vikings. They won here twenty four thirteen. They're only winning the season classic right after the forty one? What a season?
Speaker 1: What else? You know who their left tackle was in two thousand and one, the Panthers.
Speaker 2: You know what's ironic?
Speaker 1: Todd? Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad you didn't give me time to guess, because I would not have guessed Todd Serc.
Speaker 1: So that's fine.
Speaker 6: Twins Pictures and our Twins Pictures report today. The first full squad workout is Monday, and they signed former All Star closer Liam Hendricks to a minor league deal. He was here twelve years ago.
Speaker 3: I want to mention this before a good break because we're talking about this the slam dunk contest they're doing it. There is Actually I should say, a documentary is soon to be released about spud Web.
Speaker 1: Oh that'll be fun. That'd be cool. Yeah, he was still fun five foot.
Speaker 3: Seven feature interviews at archival footage at his career set to be.
Speaker 1: Released later this year. Was that a legit five seven? Was that like a basketball fudged five to seven? It looked like it was legit.
Speaker 5: But I mean again, it's a good question because a lot of people like Barkley admitted over the years they just changed their height to be more intimidating, right, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't truck hadd like two inches. Wasn't he like six'?
Speaker 5: Four but he listed himself at sixty six or something like. THAT i think you're. CORRECT i don't think that happens. ANYMORE i don't think players are allowed to do, that BUT i think back in the day that actually.
Speaker 10: Happened, yeah that was a common when we were growing. Up LIKE i was, LIKE i THINK i was six four And i'm, Like i'm only six two and a.
Speaker 1: Half, yeah sounds more. Intimidating. Though liked this kid from the other high, school six'. Four monster he's double black striped on his helmet more time.
Speaker 10: Before time, you know when he was talking, ABOUT that i thought he was say it was so fat that he couldn't bend over to pick up.
Speaker 1: The fumble when he was like when he, WAS like i couldn't make. Me Laugh.
Speaker 5: Froze vikings News With. Ben lieber After this power To A morning joe on the.
Speaker 1: Van left so you must have to only get third to make it to the next round of whatever we're. Watching here Welcome Bout Patrick. Morning, show.
Speaker 3: Yeah do you have to get third to transfer the.
Speaker 1: Next round is that why he's happy?
Speaker 3: Right now that guy's forty four, years old just like, you.
Speaker 1: Guys still tearing. IT up i have a. MUSTACHE too i think HE got i think he. GOT third i think he gets to transfer to the. Next round oh so the. Top three it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Because he was celebrating like. He DID and i saw the last ones that went to they were celebrating.
Speaker 1: Like that look at the mountains in. THE back I was i wasn't even watching what they. WERE doing i was just looking at. The background you guys could still, do this. YOU know.
Speaker 10: I don't but we say the same thing, about curling and we all, now understand like how difficult.
Speaker 1: That is when.
Speaker 10: YOU'RE older i can't even get down in the pose to like push.
Speaker 5: The stone oh you can, STILL snowboard i, think, said yeah you could.
Speaker 1: Do this it's not maybe. Not this there's NO way i could get. TO this i couldn't. EVEN go i couldn't take one of those jumps without. Killing, myself no but if the jumps were eliminated from, this course you could do. This course. YOU'RE athletic i think they said that One.
Speaker 5: Fourth olympics that dude in the Yellow, there yeah, whoa man he got some serious looked like it actually helped him almost.
Speaker 1: Catch him. NO earlier i don't think he. CAUGHT him i, think yeah he's just looking for. THE reason i think maybe he was celebrating because he thought he.
Speaker 5: Got him, oh, sure sure, oh too B, Bum Gardener.
Speaker 6: Sorry, dusty yeah, he's like dang it has some serious. Facial hair really like that's making. A statement he Looks Like.
Speaker 5: Paul ruddy he's Gonna see olympians with with salt and. Pepper, beards, though right the guy's got salt and pepper beard and he's still At.
Speaker 1: The olympics it's really enthusiastic for, missing, Out right yeah he, did so he thought he did.
Speaker 5: All by three one hundredths of a second behind.
Speaker 1: Second place.
Speaker 2: Damn, All right, oh man look at That tried.
Speaker 10: See those are the competitions that it's gonna it's gonna. Haunt him he's gonna think about HOW could i have shaved a few hundreds of a second off that run to make it versus just like the guy that, finished fourth he, was, like yeah had.
Speaker 5: No chance is there a chance that he should have injected himself with that penis acid from last week for.
Speaker 1: Ski jumpers zach, all, RIGHT MAN i i. Don't know it's not the. Worst idea oh, my god, that guy he's got kiddy stones On The power trip Presented By Thank You radco vikings?
Speaker 2: Anything, anybody yeah do we Have any?
Speaker 1: VIKINGS news i don't know if we? Do? So well can we?
Speaker 5: ASK you i think we've maybe asked you a couple? Of times but again now it's people are Throwing Out kyler murray's name, a ton saying. A Lot kirk cousins is still a name that's popping up. A, Ton YEAH and I think i heard tennant be go through the list of free agent quarterbacks the. Other day it's. Pretty dicey there's not a lot, of.
Speaker 1: Guy there's not. A.
Speaker 6: LOT yeah espn did a whole article about how this is the wrong year to need a quarterback or, you know.
Speaker 1: Quarterback competition so what do? WE do i don't know what do?
Speaker 3: We?
Speaker 5: Do ben and was it you that? Just said was it you on money that Said that kyler doesn't fit? THIS offense i don't. THINK so i MEAN that's, I mean, I amo i. DON'T know I just i look at what he.
Speaker 10: HAS done, i mean, YOU know i don't know if there's political reasons why he couldn't crack the starting lineup back again when when he, was Healthy but brissette was, Playing well but why did they why did they hold? HIM out i mean it was just a, contract thing a, political thing an injury thing that they didn't want to have to pay. FOR something i, don't Know but, i'm like you couldn't beat out your backup when you. Got healthy we've All seen kyler play for the last couple. OF years, i mean does it look like, a big strong arm pocket quarterback that it seems like.
Speaker 1: KOs.
Speaker 10: Wants NOPE so i so all these like strong, rumors about, You know kyler talking about how one of his favorite teams growing up Was the vikings and he really wants to PLAY for koc and all this, other Stuff and, I'M like i. GET that, i mean there's a lot of quarterbacks that want to Play. For KEVIN but i just think that you have to have the. Right FIT and i don't think that he has the accuracy either that that we're looking for in.
Speaker 1: This OFTEN so i, DON'T.
Speaker 10: Know i i'm probably seeing, it WRONG but i just don't SEE the i don't see the allure on On the viking side to bring a guy like that in where he's, he's understatued not a super, accurate quarterback DOESN'T have i don't, think he, you know the big time arm that they're, looking FOR so i, don't know maybe they like other other aspects.
Speaker 1: Of him where do we? Draft? Eighteenth eighteenth so.
Speaker 5: That what five game winning streak to end. The season LET'S just i don't even know if this, is accurate but let's say we had finished with like the sixth or, seventh pick if that had gone, really south but instead we went five and now we're back. To eighteen are you on the best player available option? At eighteen and would that have been different if we had a, higher pick where maybe you were truly getting the best player at a specific position. Of need where you at in terms of we had two months to talk, about this but where?
Speaker 10: You at, you know that's a really. GOOD hypothetical i mean there's not really. A quarterback, i mean you wouldn't go. Quarterback again It's. Like mendoza and then there's like a bunch of second and. THIRD rounders I don't i don't think that they're going to be so you wouldn't look. AT quarterback i think if you look at best available, and sauce you can back. ME up, i mean you're probably looking at some edge rushers and maybe one cornerback if you're going to be. That high so it wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing in the world if you had to go like best available and, you're, like okay well kind of allways need. Edge rushers and you know some of these Guys as i'm kind of doing a cursory look at the, draft already, you know some of THESE guys i think can be sort of tweeters where they might have lined up on the edge and, in college but you look at their, height weight, they're like, you know some of these guys are two. Sixty five, i'm, like well you get a little bit Of liken man maturity in that in, that person, that body and all of, a sudden now you're two seventy five and you can play with your hand on the ground maybe as a, you know an inside technique in this sort. Of DEFENSE so i think there would be, some good some good. Options there but, AT eighteen i think that we really have to kind of zero in on a specific need A.
Speaker 5: Field yates put out his mock. Draft yesterday he has us taking Something called Brandon CISSE cease i, don't know from a Cornerback Them south carolina To. Cornerrth, CAROLINA yep i know the NAME that a couple of you out that watched this kid a lot MORE than.
Speaker 1: I did I think i saw him play. Like twice the running Back From, Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: Jeremiah, love, Yeah yeah slady to go ninth To. The chiefs but so they think top ten running.
Speaker 6: Back, potentially yeah he is a lot of people's best prospect in. This draft but when you get above like the, you know obviously pick one is going To Be, fernando mendoza the Quarterback. From indiana this is one of those, drafts too where like With the vikings the last couple of years have kind of tried to fit and just taken the position, they need they should take the best. Player available if they had the sixth, overall pick they would just sit and pray and wait and Hope That, caleb downs the Safety From, ohio state gets to him. At six but in the situation, they're in a NAME that i think that they would probably really Like Is. Caleb banks the defensive Tackle. From florida and THE reason i say that is there is a very good chance that both of the defensive tackles that they sign laughs last offseason are flat out cut, this offseason so they might be in need of a.
Speaker 1: Defensive.
Speaker 10: Tackle yeah so going back to, the cornerbacks there are going to be SEVERAL that i Think the vikings. Could take the one THING that i don't love about this class is they're not. Very big so if you look at the top ten cornerbacks, right now not one guy's over. Six foot they're six foot, or below and there's quite a few of them that are ranked. Pretty high but they're true. Slot corners they're true just, nickel guys which is not what. We need so you really have to make sure that you're looking at is he a true, outside corner because that's, to me that's what we're truly, looking AT because i think we need to make sure that We have murphy play more on the inside because that's his more. Natural position so we're looking for a true outside corner that played a lot of outside corner snaps. In COLLEGE and i think that you WANT to, i mean you want to look for somebody that has.
Speaker 5: Some, speed so by, the way quick checking back In, the olympics are guys? Back racing so did they take the top four times that didn't.
Speaker 1: Qualify and making a big final in the? Small final so what does that?
Speaker 9: Mean too that didn't qualify for the big final in the first, semi final two that didn't qualify in the second.
Speaker 1: Semi final i'll go. At it and so but what can these? People win do you Know what?
Speaker 4: I'm?
Speaker 1: Saying like is there a path back to the podium? OR not I don't it didn't look like according to, the bark is he still?
Speaker 3: In?
Speaker 1: Yellow? Yeah yellow so he's? In, third boy he's got to pick, it, up, man, yeah man speed? It up how about how?
Speaker 5: ABOUT it i think the kid is leading, is seventeen so he's forty four At.
Speaker 1: The Olympics kids french? Kids seventeen? Hey?
Speaker 3: BEN yeah i always forget Talking About Kyler. MURRAY agan i forgot he was the first, overall pick m first? Overall pick has he was? He ever were you ever a fan of his game or are you just not a fan of his game for?
Speaker 10: This team i'm certainly not a fan of his game for, this, Team right but could he, you know is he a. Talented, QUARTERBACK sure i just think that there's so many limitations with, this size and, YOU know i, think that, you know so many of his plays are not within like the quote. Unquote system on, each play it's like it is a lot of just run around, by time wait for guys to break off a secondary route and find the guy open down. The FIELD and i don't think that that's a that's a recipe for consistency in the.
Speaker 1: Passing, game right first?
Speaker 3: Overall? Pick wow five? To ten he was the first. Overall pick do you think he's really five to ten?
Speaker 2: As well is that one of?
Speaker 1: Those, things well that's, the, thing like is he really? Five ten is he like five?
Speaker 3: To?
Speaker 1: Nine right, YOU know i was going to just throw this.
Speaker 10: Out there another guy to look at as far as, the draft as again as we're going to have a lot of time to, talk About Is, peter woods the Guy.
Speaker 1: From clemson.
Speaker 10: He seems to be a little Bit more he's like he's more in that three to, Ten range so he's not quite like a run. Stopping anchor he's like got a little bit more of a little more juice than some of these other guys that are kind of kind of slotted to us.
Speaker 1: One. More, segment ben we got to do. The bet oh yeah yeah in. A second, mind yeah, my normal
Speaker 5: Like eight forty calls from here gambling after this Power To morning show On the fame