Speaker 1: On air at AM five to seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade.
Speaker 2: Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 4: This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Work on one thing at a time until finished.
Speaker 5: On the Yukes Petros and Money Am five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Another flex alert, another short show two to four as first pitch from the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth between the Dodgers and Astros once again at five o'clock, actually exactly five ten pm, so Dodger's on deck at four, which means another two hour show for us now on a Flex Alert two to three, and then in our regularly scheduled slot, but just a single hour three to four, So two to four today and tomorrow we'll follow another Dodger game piece so two Dodger contest between now and the next time that we will be on the air.
Speaker 3: That's right, Matt, And.
Speaker 1: We are hopeful, hopeful music at noon, hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 3: We have great hopes let those games go the Dodger's way and we don't have to show the incredible hulk side of our generally placid David Banner doctor David Banner demeanor.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't let us when we're angry, No, you would not.
Speaker 3: You don't want us when we're panicked and hyperventilating.
Speaker 5: Staved it off after last night's performance, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: They sure did. They pumped the Panic Brothers back into the cave of discontent, but we could always come back out. So we'll see what happens there. In the meantime, the Lakers are going to play tonight and we will talk about that with the top story of the day in our next hour. As Matt said, we're early on for two hours, but tomorrow from A to nine here on five seventy, there will be a postgame reaction show with our friend Alan Sleewah Hoops talk oops to Alan Sleewah recapping Game one Lakers thunder taking your calls it'll be a live and local show from eight to nine tomorrow. So two Dodger games, two Dodger talks, two Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, and a Sleewah show locally before we even sniff it again, a lot and local on AM five seventy LA Sports. And there is there is an event in Downey next week that we will talk about, or this week that we will talk about. But next week on Friday, Matt and I are going to Downey to the be And I don't know what your policy is in your mind, Matt, in your pulsating brain, but I like ten days out. If we have a remote and it's not well attended and we didn't promote it ten days out, I blame myself. I blame myself. And right now we're ten days out. We're ten days out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's familiar. Venue has had some high highs and some lo lows.
Speaker 3: That's right, Matt.
Speaker 5: And some midds, yeah, some mid mids. I believe our last I get more mids. Our most recent appearance, there was you pointing out that you wanted to dress for success. We had an individual show up in a suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 5: That was all right, I forgot about dress for success, and I think I wore sweatpants and a T shirt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, but that's not about That's not the disaster that we suffered.
Speaker 2: In the path.
Speaker 5: I felt like the guy wearing a pair of shorts to a wedding.
Speaker 3: Like the last time we were there was like a Hindenburg like disaster. Yes, it wasn't like shorts to a wedding. Bert was sitting there eating a steak, looking homeless and napping.
Speaker 5: Yes, the PA that did not work is easily one of the two worst remotes we've ever experienced.
Speaker 2: Deep disaster, Yes, but anyway.
Speaker 5: Not the worst. The worst is not making it down the air in our time slot. Can't trump that. Literally, we were supposed.
Speaker 3: To be said that that happened at the Commerce casino, and our boss called me in for saying it was the worst remote we've ever done and yelled at me for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well we didn't make it on the air. At some point, boss, we have a responsibility to the people that aren't at the remote and expected to hear us on the radio. I know you're upset that the client didn't have us and the one hundred and fifty to two hundred people that showed up, but we were kind of worried about the thousands of people, tens of thousands that listen on their daily commute.
Speaker 3: But on this, on this single DeMaio, it should be said that a week from Friday, Matt and I are headed to Mexican Beverly Hills for a Flex Alert two o'clock before the Dodgers Angels, J's Petros and money downy extravaganza, and you better strap on your bullet belts around your chest like Pancho Villa and get out there. We are looking forward to seeing you. Please don't firearms. We're gonna need amos, fine, but no firearms please.
Speaker 5: I forgot that that's a flex two to five point thirty. Yeah, Matt, Flex up, peeps, flex your chest, bring your uh, bring your your big smiles and good attitudes.
Speaker 3: And don't worry, Matt. We'll have plenty of downy surf rock and hot rod rock to play and a lot of great downy memories for that.
Speaker 5: But you know what I do, Mustaine, Can we finally get Mustanine to show up at one of these?
Speaker 3: The answer is no, it's n we find are we getting Oh my god, man, I wanted to drop kick him. No. I saw Jackson Brown at the Beach Life, just walking around eating pizza alone, all old, and I was like, that's son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: I bet if you approached him, he would have said, my people never ran this by me. I absolutely would have come to see you guys. Thousand percent that would have happened. That's how it always goes.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't want him run over and try to talk to Jackson Brown while he was scared.
Speaker 5: Who the hell do you think you are?
Speaker 3: Brown?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm talking to you, JB.
Speaker 3: I was standing with people that worked there and they're like, dude, there's Jackson Brown. I just ran into him as crazy and I was like, is he going on with sweet baby James? And they're like, I don't know, but there he is. And I saw him anyway. Sorry that's a sidebar, but I should say this, And yeah, I didn't have the balls to approach him.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: He's all old and small. He's very old, right, Yeah, and he played Each Life. I guess I could have talked to him then. I was there backstage anyway, whatever, I'm sorry, I'm a loser. Why don't you kill me?
Speaker 5: He's only seventy seven, guys.
Speaker 3: That's pretty old to be walking around eating a pizza solo on the sand. What if the lagoon floods again?
Speaker 5: Corrections and retractions? I mean I knew it when it came out. I always do it too. You think i'd learned that It's not mistake, thanks San Diego. No, it's it's Headfield. It's freaking Headfield.
Speaker 3: I mean, you, Matt, when you start naming off rock stars, you know, I mean, I take your word for it, but I didn't know that Headfield's there too.
Speaker 5: I just always him with enough.
Speaker 3: That town's not big enough for Hetfield and mistake. No, no, it's like having two different cartels living there. You can't have that.
Speaker 5: Son of a bitch, where were you?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Do we have a lot of corrections? Man? I'm sorry, Maau, Yes, you know I was a little broady yesterday after the beachline.
Speaker 2: Corrections and retractions.
Speaker 3: Number one the Tupac T shirt. It was the T shirt that Snoop Dogg wore that was Otani and is a famous Tupac and Snoop Dogg picture instead of instead of what I just said. I didn't really know the origin of the picture. I knew one of them was Snoop Dogg. I thought maybe it was dre or something. I knew it was two black guys, and he had it turned to two Asian guys. And those two Asian guys happened to be elite baseball players, one of them maybe the greatest baseball player of all time. Well, Snoop Dogg and Tupac are darker than Otani and Yamamoto. So the point is I was wrong about I mean I was. I didn't mention it, and I was like, yeah, you know, I was never and it really is the truth, that big of a Tupac guy. And I gave that excuse to the textosor who was admonishing me, and that textosaur then said, but didn't you live in Oakland for a while. I was like, yeah, but you know, I'm sorry. I'm sorry anyway, I'm sorry about that. It's a famous Tupac and Snoop Dogg photo, and that was the Otawnian Yamamoto photo that Snoop Dogg performed in Miami with the other day that relates to the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers corrections and retractions.
Speaker 3: Kevin Durant blew his achilles for the Golden State Warriors when they were playing the Raptors.
Speaker 5: The Rats were down there, we go.
Speaker 3: And the Raptors came back, and and Kawhi Leonard similar situation. Well, you know, those are a lot of years that people in the NBA would like to forget.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: Now, they're raining threes up in Oakland. Everybody's having a great time, but the Laker fans and the people down here, Steve Balmer is still trying to make Blake Griffin happen or whatever. You know what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a dark time.
Speaker 3: Darkness prisoning me Headfield. Yeah, a lot of corrections there, and I'm sorry, sorry I had to bring it up. But Matt, I do have some celebracion for you if you'd like to hear.
Speaker 5: What do we got?
Speaker 3: I thought this was a little bit interesting. Did you know the largest party for Sinko Demio as it is Sinko Domayo today. Perhaps you're going up to the Red Onion.
Speaker 5: No, I'm going to go to where I think every day Junior Cinco de Mayo party should should go to really embrace. I believe it was what the Battle of Puebla. Yes, we're going to discuss hobbyers in Newport Beach.
Speaker 3: Oh that's perfect, right, I mean, you want to be a real Mexican.
Speaker 5: That's where I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: But you know, I mean that might be an appropriate I mean, that's a California place, right, you know.
Speaker 5: And I guess Javier so well, it's probably better than going to Holy Guacamogi, Corona del Mar.
Speaker 3: You never know, but anything that's California is the sometime maybe a little bit more Sinkle DeMaio than the actual Sinkle Demyo in Mexico. Let me explain, Sink of DeMaio. The biggest single de mile party on earth is not in Bontenay or in Mexico City or anywhere, or even as Matt said, Puebla where the Mexican victory that this is a celebration of was the over the French troops in eighteen sixty two while we were engaged in our own civil war here in America. So don't think that the Mexicans beat the US on Sink of Demayo, kids, Okay, because they did it. The US took pretty good care of Mexico right before that, and the Mexican American born. And don't you forget that they beat the French.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, frogs, they beat the French.
Speaker 3: Now, the French had a larger army and it was an unlikely victory, but they beat the French. But anyway, in Puebla today and in Mexico they haven't and and Puebla's pretty far down there. It ain't like driving to Tea. It's deep. They have an authentic l Cinco de Mayo celebration with a few days of lectures concerts. Today there is a large parade featuring all branches of the Mexican military. Army, Navy, special Forces, soldiers also dressed in period uniforms. So I'm sure there's a guy with the two belts of bullets over his chest like Rambo. Civilians built floats, There are school bands. Puebla has a bunch of colleges university dots there. It is the fourth largest city in Mexico after all. So it's a good sized parade, Matt. You know, it's not like the the wedding parade and the Godfather too. We're talking a lot about a lot of people. They also do a reenaction of the battle, you know, for the reenactors.
Speaker 5: Reenactment you frog stand over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they ship in French soldiers to get beat or not.
Speaker 2: Awesome if they did.
Speaker 3: But apparently the biggest single DeMaio event on the globe, and what is known as the Sinko DeMaio that we all know, he is right here in Los Angeles, the Fiesta del Broadway on Broadway downtown and right across from Philip's Albera Street, right across from our beloved Phillips, which reminds me of the guy that wore the sombrero and the mustache and the poncho and went around and went around to the college, was like, am I offensive?
Speaker 5: And they were like, yes, totally, that's appropriating.
Speaker 3: And then he went down to Helvaria Street. He was like, no, I like, it's just used address the Puebla. The Puebla celebration seems a little different from our more commercialized Seco demio here in the United States, where Kathy from Sales Barf's a Quervo Cadillac Margarito all over. You Bill Plashki looking on, it's a it's not Mexican independence, Matt. That's actually eighteen twenty one Mexican independence from Spain before the frogs tried to stick their chin in, and that's celebrated in September September fifteen. And usually from Mexican independence were so wrapped up in football. We can't be bothered. No, but senka domail. We have more timbo to stretch on foodbanks. No set football, football and Medican home. This is a battle, well here, let me tell you about Hobbs matt This is a battle that beat France. But because France lost this battle and eventually things turned for the French in Maximilian and all that in Mexico at that time, because the Battle of Puebla, it was thought Now down the years, who's to say it's forgotten, but at the time, especially in the West, especially here in Los Angeles and California, when the Battle of Puebla was won by the Mexicans, it was thought that it was damn near guaranteed now that France was not who desperately wanted southern cotton, was not going to involve themselves in our Civil War and help out the Confederate Army and the South. And there was a big celebration on the original Sinkle Demayo in eighteen sixty two when that news came out here in California. Now, I don't know if a bunch of white guys went to the common cantina, you know what I mean. Yeah, I don't know. It's happened for our that's what happened. But there was a celebration. So it should be noted that the original Cinkle Demayo was also a big deal in California, and it was a big deal for white people in California because white people in California were rooting for the North and they did not want did not the France involved in the French involved in the Civil War. So you can't say the California has always celebrated the Mexican victory for Sinkle Demile and you are not appropriating culture. Put on your sombrero and your giant mustache and your huge poncho and shoot a blanket into the sky. Now, Matt, as far as the margarita goes, that is an altogether difference touring. It was invented in nineteen thirty. The thing that you know, Beth in Sales is going to barf your on your chest later.
Speaker 5: She having a salt on the rim classic marg or is she got a blended strawberry in that beautiful glass.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's just really the margarita was originally much like the story of the Philippe's French Dip. The margarita was invented in nineteen thirty six at Tijuana's Turf Bar. The original margarita originally translated in English. The original name was the daisy, and then it became Margarita over the years. It was served to a newspaper man as a mistake. The bartender was making like a sour drink and grabbed the tequila instead of the brandy, and hence the margarita.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Anyway, a little history to start your day.
Speaker 5: Well, just make sure you order it authentic, you know, get that nice thick, syrupy margarita mix to go with your tequila.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 5: That's the proper way to to drink one of.
Speaker 3: Those, like like the one like Zingzang.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the Zingzang, Just as long as it's really sugary and very syrupy thick, you know. And hey, it's all part viscosity.
Speaker 3: It's all in thermal breakdown, right, It is all part of our history as a Medicanos and Mexicanos here on Asian American Pacific Islander month. We all have a.
Speaker 5: Place, a party inside of a party.
Speaker 3: In this world. And if you're in Look, if you're in Connecticut and you're trying to eat a turo and get drunk on quervo, that's on you. But here in California, I mean, you know, it wasn't. It wasn't, but it was a it was a nationwide celebration when the Dieblo battle.
Speaker 5: Was what did we follow? Who did we follow at Ponchos because it was the show before us and then us, And obviously I remember specifically who was working. I don't think it. I don't think it was the Loose Cannons. I don't. I can't imagine Patt O'Brien doing it.
Speaker 3: I think it was Rider and Lee and local to Manhattan Beach, right, which is awesome? Right, God, dude, I'm like, this is my spot. We all have a place in this world, in my neighborhood. Welcome to the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: We'll be back with your neighborhood, is that right?
Speaker 3: Happy sink of Demaya. David Vasse will join us next. The Dodgers are in Houston. We got a lot of action. But don't be ashamed. Don't hang your head. White man in California, ah, I get your Margarita's part of your history too, brother, get yourself at Chaloupa. Huh. And if you're French, you know you just take that. Take what's another L? I mean you got a pile of l's right, what's another L? We shall return on the Petro. Somebody showing ampy seventy l a.
Speaker 2: Sports, This is Petro, send money on to.
Speaker 5: Mand demand go un till four o'clock and then you'll get Dodgers on deck and then Dodgers astros just after five Otani on the mound. And a reminder tomorrow morning, following Lakers playoff basketball tonight, you got Laker talk Hoops talk actually with Alan Sliwa eight to nine am right here on AM five seven of the recap game one of Lakers Thunder. Take your phone calls again live and local eight to nine tomorrow, Oops talk with Alan Sliwa.
Speaker 3: Laker fans, happy Singo tomayo, everybody. We are talking about how the real Mexican Independence Day is during the football season. It's September sixteenth, not fifteenth Luciento mucho?
Speaker 5: How cool is it that Lebron lined it up with his Taco Tuesday that he started. That's pretty cool. Yes, you know, some people can move things around, you know, other peoples can't.
Speaker 3: Some people are really connected to the Latin community like Lebron, and others are not like me, but joining us right now, sitting in the studio, which is a little awkward because Matt and I are at home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Own. Hey, we'll be up there tomorrow. All right, Oh you're here, I'm here right here. Don't be that way, Dave, where are you up here? Where are you guys going tonight for sinking demo? I understand a big holiday for you guys, you two gringos. The last segment, don't make me freaking battery yeast segment. I'm locked down.
Speaker 4: Dodger Baseball.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's time for David Vasi the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: With an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be taking a shot out of a wooden Mexican shoe later on.
Speaker 5: That's where I'm going.
Speaker 4: I'm saving my I'm saving my party day for Sia de Mayo, which is Thursday, with Alex Vesia Downy Hunday, seventy five fifty Firestone Boulevard. We are going to have a Mucho Donde fiesta on Thursday in Downy four to five o'clock. Vessia will be there. We'll have Dodger talk from there seven to eight pm. So that will be the real fiesta of the week.
Speaker 3: That that is a great promotion, Dave. It's gonna be a great time with Vesia at the dealership. And you're right, there will be a great Latino support contingency there for you.
Speaker 4: We got a DJ, we got street dogs. I mean, what screams see it to Demio more than that at Downy Hunday.
Speaker 3: Hey, they were still having a party in Pueblo two days after they drove the French away. Right, So enjoy yourself, all right, Dave, otanis otanis Otani's gonna pitch tonight, but he's not gonna hit again. Is this Is this the plan for the rest of the year. Is it just because his bat is so consaalo maybe? Or I don't know. He's he walked, he did, he was productive at the plate last night, right, So is this the plan going forward and do you agree with it?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not sure you guys caught this after the game, but Dave Roberts said he decided this in the middle of the game last night. The plan going into yesterday was for Otani to do the two way thing where he's dhing and pitching tonight, but Dave Roberts said he just saw something that made him believe that it would benefit O'tani not to hit tonight, and Dalton Rushing is likely going to be the dh like he was the last time this happened. But this is something the Dodgers are going to have to read and react with the rest of the year. Dave Roberts has said it, Andrew Freeman told us this on the last homestand Joe Kelly Mariachi Joe agree. He was on off day Dodger Talk last Thursday said the same thing. But here's what I would do if I'm the other Dave Dave Roberts, I'm not having Otani. I'm not having Otani play tomorrow either. What's one day going to do for a guy that is in is underwater up to his hips at the plate over his last seventeen one home run in his last eighty four played appearances. Tomorrow's a day game after a night game in Houston. He should not play tomorrow either. There's a day off on Thursday unless Otani really wants to come out to Downy Hunday. He's got a full day off on Thursday and come back Friday to play the Braves, the best team in baseball.
Speaker 5: Right now, why isn't he hitting? Dave?
Speaker 4: You know the one question, Matt that nobody has asked. When Dave Roberts makes that proclamation last night in his office, somebody asked him about whether or not this is mental fatigue? No, why not ask him? Is there something physically wrong with him where he can't hit? That would be the number one question that nobody he has asked.
Speaker 3: Well, but I mean what I mean?
Speaker 2: Pitching?
Speaker 3: My god, that's your whole body, right. If he's gonna pitch there, he's gotta be okay.
Speaker 4: You would think so. But ever since he got hit by a David Peterson fastball that first game of the Mets series, he hasn't been the same guy. Interesting, all right, Dave, Oh, peel back the onion Petros.
Speaker 5: I know it's hard.
Speaker 3: I am peeling back the onion. I'm just saying, you know, pitching, pitching is a whole thing.
Speaker 5: We pull back that euro.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, just because it's not three o'clock yet doesn't mean you get to treat us like you treat everybody else on the air. I'm sorry, No, It's okay. Dave Grassies Maigo now d Nada overall. Who's the closest to coming back? Mookie Betts is out freaking snell Zilla. It's there's a it's an infirm where you got the loose bodies all over the MLB. Who's the closest coming back?
Speaker 4: Well, Key k Hernandez and Bruce star Graderol shared a flight to Oklahoma City. Key k is starting his first rehab game tonight. He's starting at third base and he's not eligible. As you guys know, he told you this May twenty third, twenty fourth. A. Brox Stewart is in Houston. Remember brock Stewart. He was the prized acquisition at the trade deadline last year. He is likely to be activated for tomorrow's game against the Astros, So they're getting a boost to their bullpen with brox Stewart Tomorrow. Snelzilla is going to pitch again on Friday, not sure where. And then you got Bruce Star Graderol who is not pitched in a professional game, minor league, rehab, major league since Game five of the twenty four World Series. He just made his first rehab start or rehab appearance two nights ago for Oklahoma City. So these guys are coming back. But Tommy Edmond may not return until middle of June because his right ankle is still swelling up. It's not cooperating, so I don't see him being activated before the end of June.
Speaker 5: Should should we be excited Abrob rock Stewart, I mean he was, I know, they traded for him and then he like fell apart the moment they traded for him. And it feels like bullpen's pretty good. I mean, like for the most part, right, I mean, even Kyle hurt and like he's pitching his ass off. I mean, it doesn't necessarily feel like that's that's really an issue, right.
Speaker 4: It's not an issue. But your bullpen gets that much better with brock Stewart, especially when you don't have Edwin Diaz. Brock Stewart the last two years is one of the best right handed relievers in getting right handed hitters out, So it just helps you kind of take the load off guys like Blake Trinan who's thirty seven years old, and having Brock Stewart go into some of those high leverage situations. I'm sorry, Matt, I know you're really emotionally attached to Jake Eder, but he may not be around much longer.
Speaker 5: Well, there you go, you've answered my follow up question. I figured it'd be Eater. It's not. Kyle. I mean, my god, Kyle Hurt's been the best guy down there. I know, the leverage, you know, situations aren't there. It's it's pretty easy pickings when it comes to stress when he's going in. But he's allowed what one hit the entire time he's been up, and the idea that you're gonna boot that guy out I was wondering, just kind of doesn't really make sense. As long as he's got a hot hand.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, that's what they do. They go with the hot hand. If there's a hot hand in the minor leagues, they're able to use those innings in the major leagues. But Kyle Hurt, you're right, has proven himself and I'd love to see him in higher leverage situations to see whether or not he's capable of being in that spot, so he has earned a right to stay. Obviously, there's a bigger picture in mind when it comes to matchups and who's coming back or who they're facing in the next week or so. So I still feel like Kyle Hurts a part of this bullpen, especially with the Dodgers having three lefties already in Tanner, Scott, Alex Vessia and Jack Dryer, I feel like they can they can handle not having Jake Eder in the bullpen for a short period of time.
Speaker 3: David Vassy's on fire and he's joining us right now on the Petrosen Money Show. He'll be part of Moroango Casino, Dodgers on Deck, Dodger Clubhouse, Dodger Talk tonight, and then all over again tomorrow starting at ten am before Matt and I get back on the air. So plenty of baseball coming up. I wanted to ask you this because because Dalton Rushing is going to DH tonight right so Otani is just gonna pitch. And it's interesting. Dalton Rushing had that crazy week that he pissed everybody off. It started when he said something was fishy, he slid into second. He punched the Asian guy at the plate and said, fham. He called the other guy a fat f He's fiery when he plays, and all those things. We've talked for many years, Dave about how this team has a very calm demeanor and they don't emotionally burn themselves out, say like the Padres. You've made that point in the past to us, How does that match with this fiery, big legged gentleman who's the DH tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of the veterans have tried to talk to him Petros to make him understand those type of things do go viral and they don't benefit the team. He had a reputation for being overly emotional in the minor leagues. There was a lot of batracks in the PCL and in Double A that were demolished by Dalton Russia. So he's got to find a way to harness that and being around these group of veterans will help him do that. But you don't want to take away that edge. I like his edge, and in a day and age where everybody's so upset about how friendly everybody is with the other players on other teams, I kind of like a guy that just leaves the guy that was tagged out at home sitting there and saying, hey.
Speaker 5: E Fitt speaking of rushing day before we let you go, and again set your schedules. Thursday, alex Vesia, Dave gonna be out at the Downy Downey hun Day. What are the details again, Dave?
Speaker 4: Four to five o'clock. We're gonna have street dogs, We're gonna have drinks, We're gonna have a DJ. We're gonna have Alex Vessia from four to five o'clock and Downy hun Days at seventy five point fifty Firestone Boulevard in the city of Downey. So it's going to be not just you know, a radio appearance by Alex Vessia. It's going to be a party out there. It's a great experience. Yeah, you should see the showroom. It's like a nightclub.
Speaker 5: Will you be doing the new celebration for Dodger hitters, Barry glad you brought that up Petros and money like high kick through the roof.
Speaker 4: That's a horrible celebration. Don't you think that's a bad celebration?
Speaker 5: The Freddy dance has grown stale.
Speaker 4: I agree, but you're telling me a kickout is, and you know what the genesis of that is?
Speaker 5: All these I like the high kick through the roof, man, I just don't want someone to pull a groin.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, you want thirty seven year old Freddie Freeman her thirty seven year old Miguel Rojas to do that. Look, And all these dumb bloggers and fan sites think that it's because a Dulton rushing coming down the steps and high kicking a little too close for comfort to Yamamoto's hall like.
Speaker 5: A Crisp and Glover Dave Letterman situation.
Speaker 3: I can kick Dave.
Speaker 4: It has nothing to do with Dalton rushing. It's all about, from what I was told by guys on the team, It's about kicking out the bad vibes, which is even more corny than I originally thought.
Speaker 5: Queue up the MC five, let's go.
Speaker 3: I'm a bad vibe.
Speaker 4: For God's sake, save won two World Series straight exactly. There are no bad vibes. What the sickness that Fred Rogan just heard about yesterday, that's been going on for two weeks. There are no bad vibes.
Speaker 3: Colin, you got sick because he can and handle vegas I know m I heard you guys. He missed the weigh in and now he got covid or flu whatever. My brother Fredo runs this place. This girl has no family, That's what happens. He's like a two year old that his uh, his immune system hasn't been exposed to people because he just comes to the studio. He hides in his parents' house in all Hambra, and he never sees people. He's never exposed to germs. He hasn't dirt bagged a bunch of drinks like some people. Hello, all right, you Dave, have a great night. Who's on the pregame show? Johnny Johnny Law no long.
Speaker 4: Long neck pitching coach. Mark Pryor is going to join us on Otani Day.
Speaker 3: I thought it was John Long my bad Mark Pryor and his beard fight on. Well, join David Vese Grassius, Dave, you guys enjoy your single Demio you too, Dave, stay thirsty. My friend.
Speaker 5: The hell is going on?
Speaker 3: Sing it to mile Man. We're going to the cantina later. We're all getting to yell yeah. Leslie from sales is driving, Oh getting the cap? Do you want me? Going the car?
Speaker 5: Baja Cantina and Marina del Rey.
Speaker 3: Let's go, Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Baja Cantina.
Speaker 3: Really, I want to just go to the Chilis on Hawthorne.
Speaker 5: But okay, they have a great chicken, casadia, casadilla and nachos.
Speaker 3: We shall return with some fashionable one of the headlines. Let's be honest, it's gonna be a one of the headlines.
Speaker 1: What Southern California's most listened to sports talk show this Money on demand.
Speaker 5: Thank you to Dave Essay. He'll be along with Tim at four for Dodger Talk. First pitch Otani on the mountain, not hitting, as Dave just told us, not in the lineup. Dalton Rushing will be the dho. Tani with the start as the Dodgers looked to build on their Big eight three victory last night, Yamamoto with the wind finally got some run support. Nice to see. I'm sure there's a certain someone that wish you would have saw it up close and personal.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I thought, you know. Stephen Nelson, our friend and play by play man, gets upset when Yamamoto does not get his run support, and last night there was a plethora of runs scored and what can you say. Stephen Nelson wasn't there. I was wrong. I thought Nelson and he has done every game up to this point. But it is Tim Neverett who does a great job, of course, and Joe Davis an oral on glove, Grassis and thank you for the extraceipt Happy Sinkle, DeMaio everybody, and a big thank you to David Vasse. There is a Laker game tonight. Hoops Talk with Alan Sleewall will be tomorrow from eight to nine. There'll be an early Dodger game with a ten am Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck and like eleven to ten first pitch. So Matt and I will be on after all that stuff and we look forward to it. But right now we'll say one of the headlines here, Matt, that's kind of our fat I'll put you out.
Speaker 2: I will put you out. This is the flip top story of the day.
Speaker 3: And last night, Matt, while Yamamoto was finally getting some run support in Houston, one of our favorite events in the world. The thing that most resembles the aristocracy in The Hunger Games, which is a book Matt and I were not as familiar with as our boss Don.
Speaker 5: Martin, you don't have to advertise at the idiots.
Speaker 3: Our old boss Don Martin very unhappy that Matt and I were not Tatnus head over heels for Catnus. She doesn't die. They all, I mean, they all the idiot These people all show up in New York at the met Gala looking like Donald Sutherland in The Hunger Game.
Speaker 5: It's a period piece, Pece.
Speaker 3: It must be. It looks more and more like that every year. But Matt, alas we are in the age of the professional sports tunnel walk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, lass is the correct term.
Speaker 3: And this year the met Galla theme, which is basically the same theme as it is every year.
Speaker 5: Fashion like an idiot.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, but they but that's not how they put it, Matt. They euthanized it and said fashion art. Fashion is art. That's the theme. Fashion is art. And I do have a list of the athletes. I've compiled a list of the athletes that were in attendance because we are a sports show deep.
Speaker 5: Down, right, Yeah, I guess this falls under the guise of sports Talk, Great sports, right.
Speaker 3: These are the athletes that were there. Venus Williams of Compton, a co chair of the event, she's about a head taller than her husband.
Speaker 5: I would assume her sister as well.
Speaker 3: Right, I did not see the sister. Oh pretty sneaky scene.
Speaker 2: He usually goes yes, yes.
Speaker 3: I used to think it was Aha Wilson like the band uh take on me, But it's Asia Wilson spelled in a very weird way.
Speaker 5: A apostrophe Ja correct Asia or Asia.
Speaker 3: She's from the Las Vegas Aces, right. She had kind of like a baldhead scallywag look. Angel Reese was there in a flowy pink bedspread like down with one of her breasts almost exposed, despite her leg nearly falling off. Lindsey Vaughan the skier was there.
Speaker 5: On crutches, on crutches her act.
Speaker 3: The crutches matched her outfit. She's not going to let that leg falling off stop her. Matt Naomi Osaka wore like a handmaiden's tail looking thing.
Speaker 5: Oh like the wacky hat.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 3: She was just a gigantic ensemble. She's a former chair a paralympian. Amy Mullins was there. She only has one leg. I don't think they did anything to her leg other than put it in a shoe. If you as your question, Matt, I know that's what you were thinking, you know, be dazzle her leg something like that.
Speaker 5: Probably underneath a giant dress or something.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, not giant, because you know you only got that one left.
Speaker 3: No, Joe Burrow was there dressed like a gay door man at San Francisco's Saint Francis Hotel.
Speaker 5: He's a regular at the Nut.
Speaker 3: Justin. Jefferson, the receiver for Minnesota, was there and it's a rascito with holes in it.
Speaker 5: Holes holes like, hey, the mob's got my tuxedo.
Speaker 3: I know that would be more like if a wolf got your tuxih Okay. A lot of people thought Travis Kelcey was there, but it was really the flamboyant British singer Sam Smith. Kelsey was not in attendance. That was Sam Smith, and a lot of people thought that that was Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 5: And if I had to guess Sam Smith in a dress.
Speaker 3: He was in Yeah. Yeah, I wouldn't even call that a dress.
Speaker 5: It was more like, you know, I don't think like a wizard's outfit or something.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a float, like a Rose Parade float. Okay, losing her high star UCLA star from the Lakers Clippers NBA MVP Russell Westbrook, who loves fashion, as Matt has said, he was there shirtless in what looked like a jean suit of well fitting jean suit.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sound too.
Speaker 3: It was like, well, it would be obnoxious, Like if your friend showed up dressed like that, if Oka he had no shirt.
Speaker 5: On, but he never has his shirt on.
Speaker 3: You know, well okay, but I mean it's still exactly, but he would you'd still be not You're not going to wear a shirt, You're just gonna have the jacket. I mean that's pretty bold, but in terms of the met ball, not really that bold. Russell Wilson was there dressed a lot like Michael Jackson and Captain EO face.
Speaker 5: I saw him in the Savannah bananas and he looked like he put on some serious poundage.
Speaker 3: Wide, He's very wide, and he had like it was in like two Michael Jackson standing next to each other, but still dressed like Captain.
Speaker 2: EO with the things on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: And of course Lewis Hamilton and Kim Kardashian were there understated appearance.
Speaker 5: Understand, May's so good to be here at the Met again.
Speaker 3: So that's what the special people were doing while the rest of us soldiered on a glimpse from the Petroson money show of high society.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was watching the the at the Met the Nick Sixers game, and they were discussing the merits of Timothy Chella May letting Kylie go on her own while Ben Stiller went to be with his wife at the Met instead of courtside and their standards sitting spots during the postseason to watch their beloved Nicks.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing I thought of, Yes, who's going?
Speaker 5: Are you guys going?
Speaker 3: Why isn't MSG right?
Speaker 5: What's the were Lindsay Vaughan's crutches like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did they like match her out there?
Speaker 3: But I cannot say the same for the lady with the fake legs let her prosthetic. Well, happy singingle tomorrow. Will be right back with your word number song of the Day.