Speaker 1: It is seven of seven almost it's the power Chip Morning showing Zacho. If your computer works back there where you try to get that audio from JJ fro mister Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: You can either. Their computer is on its Yeah, I know. I don't know what's going on anyway, there you go. Well, I trust me, it's fine. I'll maybe I'll read a dictation of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sauce, did you hear it?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Could you do a could you do a one man play and basically act it out?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh, Chris can be k Adams, you be Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Ready, I'll go first, dude, Hey, what do you think man? Quarterbacks? I don't know. I don't know who that dude is. You can a woman? Don't tell him? My apologies.
Speaker 2: Hold on, No, don't know.
Speaker 1: If you look, the show is going to do that. I'm trying to trying to do a bit here, you're trying to do a bit, trying to do a bit. Please look her up? Yeah, I will you think I wasn't gonna me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're basically was asked. He you're ahead? Sorry you're him?
Speaker 1: Hey, h sweepee? Yeah, what's going on with your quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: Uh, I think he has room to grow.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe I didn't hear it, but there was like one phrase in it that was like.
Speaker 1: There were a couple of things that he said were there were eyebrow raising, but we will ruin it if we don't actually play it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was. There was a way that he as of right now is the key phrasing When he was asked about j. J. McCarthy, he said, as of right now, JJ is my quarterback. For me, it's to get him to get where we need to go.
Speaker 1: And twice he said that that's not what I'm paid to do.
Speaker 2: Ye, Yes, that's what I was talking about.
Speaker 5: She asked a question that was not one of those like dodgeable things, and I didn't think that you had to go like company line with and he like immediately kind of like regurgitated that. And I was like, well, that's something you could probably answer. That's not above your pay grade. But like so, I I was like, why are you being protective with that particular answer? But I also get it.
Speaker 1: It's it's a Super.
Speaker 5: Bowl media row and there's like you're probably bopping around to different things and I just DMed it to you.
Speaker 1: You know what what I find about and again I'm blowing the Vikings news talking about it. But the thing that she said in asking her question that really struck me was she's sitting there talking to JJ and he's not in the Pro Bowl and that's not his fault, do you know what I mean? And that's got to burn his ass.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, I would, Yeah, I would think that for a guy that's that competitive and the receiver you know where even Jerry Rice is saying he's the best receiver in the game, and then he doesn't make the Pro Bowl and then Shader Sanders does. Yeah, exactly, whole thing's like a little ridiculous. That's again, that's that's why I think we should abolish the Pro Bowl, not only because I know that you guys love watching.
Speaker 2: It was so good. We FaceTime the whole.
Speaker 1: We FaceTime and we were sitting on the same couch.
Speaker 2: I believe.
Speaker 5: I believe it because you guys, there's a there's a passion that burdens inside both of you about this. But the voting process is completely flawed. And I've kind of ranted about this before, but players don't care. I mean, as far as the voting goes like they are so clueless. They're so dialed in and have such tunnel vision during the season, they don't know what other people are doing. They look at the stat pack that they give you and they literally just circle the guys at the top of the list. That's all they do. They don't sauce it. They meet sauce it because they don't. It's also in the middle of the end of the season, they're tired. They have a special meeting just to do this voting, and they're like, they don't It's the last place they want to be, Like, we don't want to be here.
Speaker 2: I don't care. It's like I don't.
Speaker 5: Care, I don't care, care care, Yeah, and so and then they'll just vote for their buddies and it's just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So so, yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they're not looking at actual skill. They're just like, oh, this go ahead, eighteen hundred yards. They'll put him in.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that he has a like a certain amount of money if he makes the problem? Sure, I'm guessing. I'm guessing there's something centers. Yeah, Like if I my bonus was based on him getting words right, I'd be pissed, right, now, I'm sorry. My bonus is based on cereal sales too many. I'm sorry, Jerio, You're sorry. Jerry.
Speaker 4: Oh, Jerry O'Connell from stand By Me, who knew Beetlejuice when he was a younger man. Jerry O'Connell with Fat Kid and stand By Me. He grew up to Mary Rebecca Romain, Eastern of a bitch. He knew Howard Stern's Beetlejuice when Beetlejuice was younger.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, they grew up together. No, they lived near each other. Maybe wrong, but it was something like Jerry O'Connell's family or mother ran like a boarding house or something. Because he's like, you guys have Lester on and they were like who and he's like Beetlejuice. I call him Lester because he knew him from something. I'm pretty sure it was Jerry o'conne. You're right, yeah, Minky Maxell. Yeah, wow that checks out, Max, Yeah, it does, it does check out.
Speaker 6: They grew up together, Yeah, yeah, his mom was Beetlejuice's teacher or teacher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lester Green. I didn't know his real name. Yeah, who me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You boy?
Speaker 2: What did he look like?
Speaker 6: As a child, probably similar, Poor poor Beat.
Speaker 1: Then he was just Lester right and Jerry O'Connell was the fat kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and now not anymore. One of them is gone too soon.
Speaker 4: One of them is married to Rebecca Romain and the other one's Beetlejuice.
Speaker 1: Who Bet is not dead? Is he?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No? Gone too soon?
Speaker 2: You had me scared for me? So what happened?
Speaker 1: I needed a national day of morning eh.
Speaker 2: If if, if kill, if Beat passed away, would you take the next day off?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I was asking hockey.
Speaker 4: Would you would you take the day off if Beetlejuice died?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be the day that.
Speaker 2: We would just do three and a half hours of a tribute to him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, duhn, poor Beat.
Speaker 4: That could be the day after the Vikings win the Super Bowl. If Beat died, I would do three and a half hours Beat Talk.
Speaker 1: Podcast. Oh man, he will be.
Speaker 2: Somebody feed the cat.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on, Ben, I don't either.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at Beatlejuice pictures. Yeah, he's an interesting guy, interesting guy. I just feel like if he got his teeth fixed, he'd be fine. I think I don't think so well.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: I thought they did. For the most part. I don't see one picture here. He's got fixed teeth.
Speaker 6: Thought.
Speaker 5: It's like every picture, every picture at the bottom of the screen gets worse and worse.
Speaker 2: Poor Beatle, he's the best.
Speaker 1: When Howard starts talking to him and complimenting him, you know, and he's being so sweet to him.
Speaker 2: I've always been jealous of your body.
Speaker 1: I know, Yeah, I know. I hope it makes him feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Or when he said he played in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Don't you say he played in super Bowl. I'll tell you one things for sure. When beat leaves the Stern Show, he has more self respect than you do when you leave here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're nicer to beat than you guys are. And he thinks he killed it. He's so proud of himself.
Speaker 1: He's got better teeth. Man, I'm gonna order this nice teeth. He's probably got a stronger neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, probably got a bigger probably that's kind of tiny. Oh, he's a little man.
Speaker 1: He's a little man. I'm a little man.
Speaker 2: You both wear diapers. I don't wear diapers. Beat Sunday afternoon, I hope this has happened. Go on, don't say it, please.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: We talked about Katherine O'Hara last Friday morning and she died later that day.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, we did, so maybe we shouldn't bring a bit, don't bring up the Beat.
Speaker 2: So if something happened to Beat, something may be bad. On Monday, we talk more about Beat than the Super Bowl. I would I don't know if the show would. I would be more interested in the life of Lester Green.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd have the day off. Would you take the day off? No?
Speaker 2: No, what a great bitch.
Speaker 4: People are tuning in to hear our reaction to Super Bowl Sunday, and we have to post on social media the Power Trip is off today morning of Lester Beetlejuice, Green Crush.
Speaker 2: It'd be a beat Reaveman, Yeah, yeah, that's what. Yep, what did you do when you go to Vegas?
Speaker 4: We hope to be back on Tuesday, but please respect us, man.
Speaker 7: And if you would please join us in a moment of silence me thank you. And now here's Creed versus nickelback decades.
Speaker 4: Anyway, all right, I know we're guaranteed human here at I heard, but that would be the day just to have Ai Beetlejuice host the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Just let him do it for three and a half hours. Think I'd do it? Oh, you would be damn day.
Speaker 2: Oh good, that's up Monday nine.
Speaker 1: So also walkers through sports after this.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right here it is seven two ladies and gentlemen, thanks for tuning into our stupid little power Chip morning show. And we talked football and farts. What's the other f There should be three f's. It's the Roll of three Philip. No, probably not that Funkhauser funk Houser. Yeah, that's good, okay, cool. Yeah, we try to have fun. That's what we tried to do. Right now, we're gonna talk to sports. We had a good night in sports, Benjamin, Sure, yes we did. It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 8: The Golden Gopher men's basketball team beat tenth ranked Michigan State last night seventy six seventy three. Your Gophers snapped their seven game losing streak.
Speaker 2: They had zero bench points. They will battle Maryland on Sunday at one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Can you believe it? I want to play the end of the game again because it's such a good call from mister Michael Grimm. But what a great win, anybody, I'm stalin trying to get to the audio.
Speaker 4: It is where though, you know, the Gophers have had like three signature wins this year, but then stumbled against teams like Penn State where it's like they were zero to ten and the Big ten and you lost to Penn State, but then you come right back and beat Michigan State and they're ranked tenth in the country.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make any sense, but in bound.
Speaker 9: Blobs it down to austinal to hind the defense.
Speaker 3: Matter bogame, it's over Golpher's stund Michigan State, Minnesota, Eton ware Wire, it's.
Speaker 2: A court storm at the barn.
Speaker 9: Gophers seventy six, Michigan State seventy three, and the Mookie skin is over in impressive fashion.
Speaker 1: I think you, guys, I don't this off the top of my head, So you guys correct me if I'm wrong, But think about this for me, if you would. Is there any sport in which it's more likely to have that kind of upset than college basketball? I don't think there is, no, Probably not hockey. You think so hockey, you think it's more likely, especially in the playoffs, like during the postseason. Yeah, but technically, if you're in the playoffs, it's not going to be an upset, right yeah, uh in a good way.
Speaker 7: In college hockey playoffs, oh basketball, Yeah, we've had one versus sixteen's getting Yeah, because it's single on in Asian hockey, I think.
Speaker 5: Technically talking about sports people watch, I know, I hate, I hate to burst your bubble, but like the mains the main sports.
Speaker 2: Oh, you guys are real close together. Zach's time with it.
Speaker 1: You just you just surrendered like a donkey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, no, you know what, but a huge hockey is great.
Speaker 1: The only reason I agree with Ben is because I really don't know much about college hockey thing. I don't think any you know, you're saying if if that, if.
Speaker 5: An upset like that happened in college hockey during the playoffs, I think it might get a few blips on some sports shows here and there. Right, But like you know, upset like that happened last night. I mean it's like leading on Sports.
Speaker 2: Center right now. What you said that?
Speaker 4: What do you think the Gophers would be ranked if we ranked every team that played college basketball, what is there?
Speaker 1: What do you think their current ranking would be out of one hundred and thirty teams or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's way more than that college basketball. Football is one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and thirty Yeah, right, I think I think basketball is three years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's a huge number.
Speaker 4: So still, if you're a powerified conference, yeah, maybe you're in the one hundred ish range, eighty to one hundred somewhere.
Speaker 1: In that range.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there's three hundred and and sixty four to three hundred and sixty five.
Speaker 1: What the hell does that mean? That depends on what data is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the leap yet.
Speaker 4: All right, just for argument sake, let's say there's one hundredth ranked team in the country, even if they might be a little higher than that. Pretty crazy to have the tenth ranked team lose to the one hundredth ranked team. Yeah, that essentially never happens in college football, right, almost never.
Speaker 1: The stars would have to align.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 1: Number on the go first ranking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes it like, that makes it like a bigger upset in your mind, because you just like, oh, an unranked team that's not very good. Okay, But if you say, like the hundredth ranked team and the tenth rank.
Speaker 4: That happens once in a while in tennis, right where somebody that's ranked like eighty seventh, snipe's one of the best, and you're like, how the hell is that even possible, But it just happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And again that's on one thing too, Like so a guy may came out and he might have the runs, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Sure, but like like like a fight, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, one team beating another team and it being such a giant upset that just seems like a college basketball thing, which I which is the reason I think March Madness is so popular.
Speaker 2: It's the best, the first rounds first, the best, but they do That's why you picked sixteen seed.
Speaker 1: Talk. That's because I'm I'm I'm an underdog.
Speaker 4: Has anybody complained on Has anybody complained on Twitter about the stork?
Speaker 2: The storm, the court storm and every.
Speaker 1: Flamber complained about the stork? Oh god, no, I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: I don't know nobody's complaining about.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a big win, man, because you said chorus, they didn't score a bench point and one they basically.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means. Tell me what that means, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: All seventy six points were from the five starters. That's the only craft.
Speaker 2: And they play like six and a half guys basically because they're injured and they don't have a lot of depth.
Speaker 1: I think I think the.
Speaker 5: Three episodes that happened last day in college basketball, all three courts were stormed, cool meacon Zaga, who we beat Michigan State?
Speaker 1: And then there's another big upset. Yeah, like go for it, get after it? Man done.
Speaker 2: Did they still do the n i T Tournament?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I think a lot of teams are like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are our teams treating that like some of these lesser bowl games down?
Speaker 1: Just opting out?
Speaker 6: You know, yeah?
Speaker 1: Probably they probably should should we because.
Speaker 5: I just wonder like if you, if you are a Gophers basketball player, like, what's the point of playing in the it if you make it?
Speaker 4: Especially since we have a lot of seniors in the team, It's like, unless you want to just play, unless you know your quote career is about to end in you just one another game or two, because then after that, there's I guess nothing left.
Speaker 1: Yes, whose isn't I mean, how many che league guys do we got? Again?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: No idea. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: But that doesn't help recruiting.
Speaker 1: Does it. No, I don't. I don't maybe paying ball.
Speaker 7: I think they get money though, that the program would get money, and I would imagine players get a freeze trip to New York if they make.
Speaker 1: It a whole boy New York's badass. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, huge win. Yeah, the Wild beat the Predators and the game had a lot a Matt Bowldy natural hat trick in the first half of the first period.
Speaker 4: Quinn Hughes had two more assists the Wild. So hey, can you explain the natural hat trick? We were asking you about this off ya right, more people watch it's three in a row, right, yeah, three in a row uninterrupted, But.
Speaker 7: That is by your own team, by technically by other teams.
Speaker 4: Some people counted, okay because then because they then it wasn't a natural hat trick because they scored in between.
Speaker 1: Not because it was two to one. Typically No.
Speaker 7: I mean some people like I said, it's it's fuzzy.
Speaker 1: So we don't even know the definition of natural hat trick.
Speaker 7: But I think the common understanding is it's three uninterrupted by anybody.
Speaker 2: Is there, like us?
Speaker 5: Is there like a size difference between these, Like, is there a big natural old hat trick?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Ask you a question?
Speaker 2: Do that joke on? Yeah?
Speaker 1: As a question. I couldn't get through this the question twice. Now you've asked the question I wanted to ask, all right.
Speaker 4: According to AI, a natural hat trick in ice hockey occurs when a player scores three consecutive goals in a game without any other player from either team scoring in between, which that means then it was not a natural hat trick because Nashville scored to make it.
Speaker 1: But you know what they look like? Natural hat tricks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, it looks kind of when you're watching. I looked and felt like, I mean, you're not watching as a hockey, but college watch hockey, college hockey?
Speaker 7: Yes, oh yeah, the I mean ten thousand, six d and fifty two watched the Gophers beat the Badgers last Saturday, which is almost as big as the which is almost as big as the eight thousand ninety four. I watched the college basketball game on Sports Center. I must have missed it on Sports Center. Oh okay, I mean we're in aash talk show. Hi, everybody in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Back to you, so pret big in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I think so wild brough three to one, then they gave up three straight goals and then they had a overtime winner by your captain, jared' spurgeon. You're wild. Finish the Olympic break at thirty four, fourteen and ten. Start the break, Start the break. Yeah, sorry, go back to yelling atzech. The next game is on February twenty sixth at Colorado against the Abs.
Speaker 1: Nailed it.
Speaker 7: I'm excited to get you know, watch the Olympics and get back an action. Obviously, what a way to come back from break against number one Colorado, but uh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's uh what a way?
Speaker 7: I mean eight one and one the last ten going with the screaming into the break with ten points.
Speaker 1: Great job. By the way, what do is he just sick? What's his deal? Yeah, there's a something going around.
Speaker 7: Selena was out with an illness and so yeah, there's there's obviously some oh no, some illness.
Speaker 1: Screaming, vomiting, they're screaming into the break.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Pete, that's what's coming out the other end.
Speaker 1: That's that sounds painful?
Speaker 2: Yeah, lot, can that be the State Fair T shirt?
Speaker 1: I think it should be. I saw that yesterday too. I think it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we play it one more time. No, Okay. The Wolves trailed by as many as seventeen against the Rafters last night, but then they outscored him thirty four to twenty two in the fourth to get their one twenty eight one to twenty six win. That first time they've won in Toronto since two thousand and four. Ant had thirty The Wolves battle the Pelicans Maxo tomorrow at seven pm.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and had a great quote after the game. He said, we ain't won here since Bruce Lee died, which is just hilarious. But yeah, he showed up when they needed him the most. I think he had something like their team fifteen points in the fourth quarter, and all of them came within the last five minutes of regulation. They pretty much were down double digits the entire game. It was kind of the signature Wolves effort that we've seen for a lot of the season, where they just seemed lacksadaisical, like they didn't really care all that much. The Raptors were literally running them out of the gym. They got one of the best fast break offenses in the NBA, and then all of a sudden, the Wolves just started, you know, getting a bunch of turnovers. Anthony Edwards turned it on late in the game and they were able to sneak sneak a little win out there. But An said, he he's a well banged up going into the All Star weekend next weekend, so we might not play in the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: Max. So what did he what was the quote? What did he say?
Speaker 5: Because he was asked about the airball that he had on a three point shot.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see. I didn't even see that.
Speaker 2: It was great. He's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they asked him about the air ball and he's like, oh yeah, and then I turned around and like had this great defensive play, dunked on this guy and then like made this shot right you know, right after that he like went in sequence of like his all the things that he did right after that airballs feels great.
Speaker 1: See if I can find it real quick here, I don't know if they talk recaps victory on stopping twenty game lostreak, Noah doesn't have that in here. Sorry, boy.
Speaker 4: It is weird that like if you if you shooting basketball and grazed the rim and you miss it, it's like, all right, you missed that shot. That wasn't a very good shot. If you airballed somehow, like you are completely deficient. Yeah, the gap between like fine and disastrous is about an inch, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 1: Anthony Edward says, I know RJ.
Speaker 6: Barrett was gonna go left, so I cut him off and made a good play on the ball and got a steal and dunked it and told them keep coming. Then I hit another shot and they didn't want to boom me no more. That's usually how it goes.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: He's amazing. They gotta win a title with him, a great response. The NBA trade deadline is today at two pm. Two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks like the honest thing is probably dead in the I don't think Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: I think they were pump fake and everybody the whole time.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure that they really wanted to actually trade Giannis before the trade deadline. And a bunch of teams are going to be in the mix now in the summertimes, they'll probably get a bunch of way more offers. And now the Wolves are probably in the market for a point guard John Morant possibly, but we'll see, they'll probably at least make some type of move today if and maybe maybe Mike Conley comes back. That's been a rumor as well. Yeah, because he was they traded him and then he was traded again. Yeah, so if he's bought out, he can come back to the worlds on a veteran minimum.
Speaker 2: Yep. The Super Bowl is this Sunday between the Seahawks and the Patriots. That will be at five point thirty. The pregame will start after the Gopher game on Sunday. Your Hawks are a four and a half point.
Speaker 1: Favorite, So at what time is that on the on the fan on Sunday? Then after the Gopher game.
Speaker 2: I would bet three, the pregame will start.
Speaker 1: You know, I said to some of the open this morning, guys, I don't know if you feel like me. I had completely forgotten the Super Bowl Sunday. I this morning. I was going through my morning this morning, and I was I realized, Oh my gosh, it's still Super Bowl week. I don't know, this game just didn't all that intriguing to me for some reason. I don't know, which is weird. Because you for Sammy No, yeah, I mean I'm rooting for him for sure, but I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely cheering for Seattle.
Speaker 1: Same yeah, same and uh uh koobiak And what was the dude's name? Who was? Who is the quarterbacks coach there now? Who used to be on the vices to dude? H geeesh. They had him on Guestling's podcast the other day. It was a really good interview Dusty Mon No, Dusty wasn't on the staff.
Speaker 4: Then crap, he's the current Seattle Seahawks quarterback Andrew yeah Andrews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. He was a good dude, right Ben, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very well liked, very well, respect yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And he a great interview with Guestling on that podcast, The Starts You Being podcast this week, talking about what Sam been liking, how it's worked. It's really neat need. It's a good word, neat neat man. All right, we'll talk. We'll play that neat audio from Justin Jefferson and Viking's News. We'll come back.
Speaker 4: That's after this with Ben Leeb and the rest of the Powers Your Morning to show on the fan.
Speaker 7: We all had that one teacher who believed in us, well, most of us had that one teacher who believed in us. Well, you can show your gratitude with thank a Teacher, powered by donors choose not many of the public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for their classroom.
Speaker 2: This week, we want to give a shout.
Speaker 7: Out to Elizabeth Schultz is a special education teacher at Valley View Elementary School. Let's nominate a thank a teacher today at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 1: I love you, teachers, I love what you do. Thank you for staying strong, right Max out Hell?
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, the best we I mean, the backbone of society. Literally, we wouldn't be able to exist without teachers.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's right, that's right. Let's go. Yeah, keep doing what you do and stay strong. And I'm sorry for all the things you're dealing with, man, And you should be making the zills of dollars. Okay, I'm off my high horse. I get scared when I'm up here anyway, I'm afraid of heights. Then you're really high on the power trip presented by your Trump successory pro starre. Okay, so I've been Adams, J J. McCarthy, Justin Jefferson. Super Bowl week are you ready for the audio now, guys, Yeah, yeah, sure, yes, sir. You guys don't seem excited.
Speaker 10: I'm excited because you're here. Really Yeah, what a kiss ass. Thank you for that, man. I appreciate it. Sorry, it didn't shower, and you have very little standard for nicetya.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, he's bombarded you this morning with insult and farts.
Speaker 1: It doesn't hurt as much. Okay, thank you, Here we go, Thanks still mad m hmm man. We were talking about it over here. You know what we were talking about before I play this audio. You know what Max and I were talking about, how aggravated hockey fans get when you say anything about the hockey, anything that's protective. I understand. I didn't. I understand I didn't mean to insult the entire sport. What did you say? I didn't say anything, but I agree with you. Yeah yeah, it just like I laughed at your joke. Thank you, the joke that I couldn't get through without laughing myself. Yeah right yeah, yeah, terrible delivery. But then you brought it back with big Naturals a little bit later. Yeah yeah, Well here's the audio as of right now. JJ is my quarterback.
Speaker 11: So, uh, for for me is to get him to where we need to we need to go, and it starts off right now in off season and get him better.
Speaker 12: Now, what is one thing fans can hang on to, one really specific thing about JJ that gives you faith in him for next year.
Speaker 11: I mean, if you look at the film, you look at the things that he done, I mean he's done very.
Speaker 1: Good, good things.
Speaker 11: Obviously it wasn't the most spectacular thing. Obviously, you know, those are things that he understands and we all understand as a building that they're there's some things to work on.
Speaker 1: But JJ is a really good quarterback.
Speaker 11: He's a really good guy, uh personally to you know, sit there and talk to and he's a great leader, he's a great motive, heator.
Speaker 12: You got to be in this game next year. You got to be in this game next I know you'll have the roster.
Speaker 1: Something.
Speaker 12: I need to think that, Well, what needs to change?
Speaker 11: She's a great question, you know, that's that's a question that you know they don't pay me enough to answer.
Speaker 1: But uh, in order for for me to.
Speaker 11: Change in my shoes, I got to hold the people that's around me accountable, which is of course carrying jj uh and to some more workouts getting that connection down.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's more this year?
Speaker 11: Of course, if I want things to change, if that's going to be my quarterback, you know, of course I gotta I gotta hold some type of accountability.
Speaker 12: Are you just like gonna let it happen? Are you going to make your voice?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, I let it happen.
Speaker 11: And I don't need to show I don't need to show it either. I'm not going to be posting it on Instagram.
Speaker 2: And social media.
Speaker 12: I mean, like what you want as the best player in the in the league, Like what you mean, like who you are throwing you those decisions?
Speaker 11: I don't care, that's not that's not my decision. I don't care who's throwing me that ball. That's not that's not my main priority. And I've said that multiple times. I don't really care who's going to be throwing that ball. But that person that's throwing that ball needs to throw that ball needs to lead us into you know, that big dance at the end of the season.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the the one that I was trying to figure out, like what was the part of the quote that I was like, Oh, that's a little interesting was the if he's my quarterback because he's talking about the off season. Yeah, and he's like, listen, I'm gonna I'm gonna get together with the off season. She's like, oh you are. He's like, well, yeah, yeah, if he's my quarterback, yeah, And I know that I get it. I'm not trying to like really really like super microscopically analyze everything he's saying, because I get the environment he's in and he's just kind of riffing right now. But it's like, Okay, when are you going to know he's your quarterback? Like if you are going to know if he's your quarterback in the season until the season probably starts or you know, through training So in the short term when we're talking the off season, like you better treat him like you're starting quarterback because guess what, there ain't anybody else on the roster. So until we make a big move, if we make a big move at all, he's your guy. So I'll be curious to see like how he kind of falls through that part of it when he says if he's my quarterback?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you an odd question? Help me focus this in guys, because I think you're gonna know what I'm saying. Forgive me if I don't ask you correctly. But he just said what he said about JJ mack and it was similar to what he said last year a couple of times about Jordan Edison. Is there something wrong? And I don't know the answer. I'm asking you for real? Is there something wrong when your star player has to keep being everybody's big brother and keeps having to say things like I've got to do a better job of taking him under my wing. When do adults have to take responsibility for them damnselves. Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that's a good question.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, my guess is he's doing a lot more of just the regular team leadership stuff on top of all this, right, versus the individual pulling along taking guys.
Speaker 2: Under his wings, so to speak.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's natural for him. You know, some people are really good at it and doesn't take away from their own individual path and their own individual things that they need to work on in a daily basis. But for some guys it becomes a little exhausting of like, when do I get to I need to work on me?
Speaker 2: Right? I still got to work on.
Speaker 5: Me guys like I can't constantly be thinking about what if you're going to stay out of trouble and if your head's going to be on straight and you're prepared every week to be a starting quarterback. It seems like he's handling it pretty effortlessly because you know, look, he's still had a thousand yards in a really you know, off year for the whole offense. So I think he was still able to prepare himself for every game. It'd be one thing if you saw his play really drop. I mean he had a couple drop balls, and there was a couple of things here and there, and I think that you know, there's one game, it was the one game that it was kind of analyzing where he tripped going down down the scene on the deep ball and he just kind of looked like a little aloof But you know, outside of that, there was nothing to criticize him with his effort, the way he approached everything, to his professionalism. So I think it's a fair question. I just don't think it's really popped up yet. But I do think, you know, especially for Addison, you got to just you got to take care of your own business man, Like there's nobody there in the off season specifically to keep you under their wing. It's not like Jefferson's going to FaceTime with him every day and like his be his daily fortune cookie. You know that's that's not the way it works. He got his man up and be an adult.
Speaker 1: Well, And if I may, I've started to expand upon this, But if I were, there'd be a part of me if I were justin Jefferson, where at some point I would want to look at the front office and go, would you draft adults? You know what I mean? I mean, there's got to be a part of looking at bringing people into this team who also meet a certain standard when it comes to their drive and desire to be good at this game.
Speaker 2: See, that's tough. That is tough.
Speaker 5: That's like the Catholics versus Convicts conversation, right. I mean, I do think that at some point in time, a lot of guys like there are they're they're on the field stuff supersedes kind of what happens off the field. And that is a that is a sliding metric, that is a weight for that's an individual scale for everybody, and you definitely want to have more good guys than bad guys. But you know, the name of the game is still being a productive football player, and sometimes some of those productive football players a little immature.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Maybe maybe it's weird because I'm so used to the quarterback being the guy who has to do this now, Uh you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I yes, but I think that's that is the.
Speaker 5: That is one of the issues when going through the draft process when they knew how young McCarthy was. You know, everybody was talking about it from just a sheer number of passes that were thrown in college. You know, can he be this guy on the field because of his lack of experience in his age? But on top of that, you have to think about all the things about the immaturity that happens off the field, not from like a criminal standpoint, but just from like, can you can you lead a team being a twenty year old guy or twenty one year old guy like he was last year? Like, that's a really hard thing to do, And a lot of people bet on the fact that he could do that, and we saw in real time that it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It didn't work out great for him. I think that's just an age maturity.
Speaker 5: Thing, and you know what Pennix is what twenty six he was. He was like the oldest guy coming out of the draft by significant amount, and they didn't commit to him this office, they haven't committed to him. But like you do see though the mental maturity that he had versus what JJ was dealing with. And then the same thing with bo Nix bow next is twenty five right now, you know he was what twenty three coming out of college and JJ was twenty.
Speaker 2: So you know, those those things do matter.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that Justin Jefferson has to necessarily wrap his arms around JJ McCarthy the way that maybe it kind of seems like, because I think it's just one of those like it'll get better as he gets older.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to dominate this, guys. When you went to do the New England game, Ben, did you have any like a prid meeting with Drake May.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: No, that's not the way the radio stuff works.
Speaker 2: We just got to show up and do the do the deal.
Speaker 1: We'll just wing it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's I just wondered if you got it, if you've got a sense of him and regards to you know, just how he carries himself in regards to comparing that to Justin JJ.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: When I was talking to Jason mccordy, who was the color analyst for the game, who obviously has really really close ties to everybody back in New England, you know, when he and I, you know, the crew and I were talking like he couldn't say enough good things about him. You know, he's he knows more from the inside and like everybody loves him. He's he takes care of his business, he knows how to be a professional, like he's already at that quote unquote professional level.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, I think that's this unique.
Speaker 5: I think that's why, you know, if the rumors are true that the Vikings really wanted to trade up and get that spot because they it sounds like they had Drake May as their top quarterback, I can.
Speaker 4: Ask you an impossible question, and it's just this is gonna be something like, no matter who you say, I think the public is going to be like, I don't know who that is, but let's just get something on the map. Do you have a sneaky GM possibility for the Vikings that maybe we should start paying attention to.
Speaker 5: Well, this is all just thanks to uh to alec Lewis and his reporting. I mean I think he did. He did an article of like ten gms possible gms to look out for, and there's obviously two on the radar for me that I think would make would would fit really well. I mean number one is George Payton. Everybody realizes George Payton was here. Now he's the Denver Broncos GM. His contract's gonna expire later this spring, so he he is. He has not been re signed by Denver, so he he could be basically a GM free agent. It could be a nice way just to slide back in. He knows a lot of people on the staff. He's very well respected. Everybody likes George Payton. It'd be great to have him back. The other guy that I think is maybe a really really close probably one bee for me is Trent Kershner. He's in Seattle.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: He's been under John Schneider for a long time. He was also in Carolina when Carolina went to the Super Bowl doing some scouting with them, so he was in the kind of a in the front office bit there. So he kind of knows what success looks like. I know a lot of people have always compared Seattle is kind of like Vikings West for a long time. We try to we've almost like inadvertently tried to model each other after after each other for a long time. We're kind of going maybe a little separate direction than that we're going then they're going right now as far as how we're built. But I do think there's a lot of symmetry and a lot of similarities between the way that they scouted. They scout and we kind of used to scout before Quasi came along. So and and also Trent is a Minnesota guy. He played football, He's he was a Johnny, he played football there. And so to get a Minnesota guy back here to lead the franchise, I think would make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: That k I R C H E R right. Yes, Okay, yeah, yeah, I hadn't heard that name before. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there there are there are others as well.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's like eight other people in the list, but the ones that that really intrigued me are those two guys.
Speaker 2: May I ask you an impossible question, sure, if you have had to be right, will JJ McCarthy be the quarterback of this team? In twenty twenty seven, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 5: Yes, obviously that's a really impossible question because I don't know what's gonna I don't know what's gonna happen in twenty twenty six. You know, we we want to give him some direct competition. We want to have the best man win. Who can they bring in? I mean, there's really there's not a lot of options. The thing is, like you either you either make a trade for a potential at a mac Jones or somebody like that, or like a Jared Stidham. You know, especially if George Peyton comes here, if he likes Jared Stidham and they kind of like that whole thing. I mean, do you make a trade for either one of those guys that could maybe give you you know, obviously mac Jones will give you more of a starting possibility, but you're kind of low.
Speaker 2: You're kind of low.
Speaker 5: He and this this competition with guys like that. I'm one hundred percent out on what's this. But in Arizona, Kyler Murray, one hundred percent like does not even fit the mold of what I think the downfield passing game that we're looking for. He looks like the antithesis of what Kaosi's offense would look like. So there are very few free agent quarterbacks available. You would have to trade for a few in a bidding war in which a lot of people are going to be going after Mac Jones. Now on the other side of the spectrum, do you sell everything and sell you know, a lot of pieces and assets to go after a guy like Joe Burrow If it's true that he's on the trading blog.
Speaker 2: If that's the case.
Speaker 5: Then JJ probably will be a part of that package, so he won't even be on the team. And then even if he's on the team, or are you nuts, there's no open competition. It's Joe Burrow's team. Yes, So there's really not a lot of options for twenty twenty six, and that's why you probably roll into the season with McCarthy as your quarterback.
Speaker 2: Best guess, antithesis me like opposite, Like anti is the root word there. Antithesis is probably like I am the antithesis of a radio person, the opposite, the opposite of what we would need.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess opposite is the keyword. Close enough, have been more almost the top of the hour, So I got we're in the motive. Impossible to answer questions, so I'm just gonna hire fire a few of them. Real question to stay with me. If tomatoes are a fruit, isn't ketch up a fruit smoothie? Yeah, you're right. If you clean a vacuum cleaner, are you technically the vacuum cleaner? Yes, that's correct. If money doesn't grow on trees, white banks have branches. It's also another great question. If you tried to fail and you succeed, did you fail or succeed? Philosophical? I like it. If Cinderella's shoes fit perfectly white to fall off, that's another great question. If you're waiting for a waiter, aren't you technically the waiter?
Speaker 4: Sus Why aren't you answering these? I would like you to answer all of them? He's asking, Man, I know, but i'd like you to answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, you are nodding like you know the answer. Go through a couple of those again. I'll give you some new ones. If a book about failures doesn't sell, is it a success.
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: If time is why because you print a book to make money, but it's a book about failure.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. That means if nobody bought it, nobody's failing.
Speaker 1: Mhmm, yeah, he got that. If time heals all wounds, why do some scars still hurt when it rains? That one? I don't unders. And if you're on mute in real life, is that just being polite man?
Speaker 2: Very good question. I don't think so. Why because I think if you're on mute in real life you are just maybe you don't Maybe that is right?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you don't want to ruffle feathers. Maybe you don't want to be inconsiderate.
Speaker 1: I'll go back to the top. If tomatoes are a fruit, is ketchup a fruit smoothie?
Speaker 2: Well, I think I have a right. No, it's not. Here's why. Here's my here's my analogy. Okay, if you just mix up vanilla ice cream, that's not a smoothie. A smoothie is stuff in it. Right, wouldn't the definition of a smoothie be something mixed together? And if you just mix so, if you just throw syrup, if it's liquify something that is, it's actually smoothie.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, it's a good point. Like is concrete a smoothie when it's not hard? Okay? Okay, okay, Okay. If if you replace every part of a boat over time, when you're done replacing every part, is it still the same boat.
Speaker 2: No, it's a brand new boat. I disagree because, well, maybe I don't really know.
Speaker 7: Your cells and your skin and everything about your whole body replaces itself and then I don't know how many years, but you're still you. I think it's the same boat. But I could see the other side of the argument.
Speaker 1: If the early bird gets the worm, why don't the worms learn?
Speaker 2: Uh, well, worms don't have eyes, so they can't seem hey hawk, Okay, I've got one for you.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: So I'm reading the new Dan Brown book yep, y Secret of Secrets.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep. I'm fantastic halfway through it. Yep.
Speaker 2: You're you're you're with it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 2: Are you as fascinated by dude?
Speaker 1: Is based on real stuff? Okay? Because if it is, I'm scared to death.
Speaker 2: I'm scared. Well, boy, am I fascinated by it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But just to give everybody some context, it's about human consciousness and what it really is.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So the theory is in a nutshell that our human consciousness is not local it's not unique to us. It is what they call non local consciousness, meaning that our brains are actually just giant filters for the universal consciousness that's out there. So if if there is a way scientifically the tap into that universal consciousness, they the way they describe it is, think of a radio dial. All of the frequencies on the radio doll. Now, you your brain is tuned specifically into that one frequency. But if you but if you expand your mind and you're able to open your mind all of those frequencies and radio waves, and that universally conscious is always there. It's always there. You just have to find a way to access it. That and they think through certain processes like deep meditation in certain religions, that's how they're able to find the universal consciousness, is to be able to use their tuning dial to open up to the actual waves of consciousness that are around us, surrounding us twenty four to seven, three sixty five.
Speaker 4: You just described the plot of season one of Pluribus correct.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of at there's a lot of persons well, and there's a there. They do talk about that. They think that that is kind of what's happening when people have trips, psychedelic trips, you're basically taking the Gabba receptor that's in your brain, which is your natural brain filter, and basically reducing that and opening your mind up to the tuning dial.
Speaker 1: That is universal consciousness. It's it's fascinating, pretty fascinating. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I sauces tuned into Radio Disney.
Speaker 1: Cane.
Speaker 2: That was funny. I somewhat understand what you're talking about, but I didn't want to say anything because they're smarter people here that can talk.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Try to recap with that.
Speaker 1: What is he saying?
Speaker 2: Ben Ben?
Speaker 1: Ben?
Speaker 2: Ben Ben is saying that your consciousness is maybe out of tune and maybe you need to do drugs.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's actually liked. Yeah, you know what, do you read all his books? I've read a bunch of them.
Speaker 1: You know what. The the only if, if I may be critical of a very successful author who's very good at what he does, he has the same bad guy in every book. Would you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, but I think that there's so many intermixed characters that yeah, no, I agree, you know what I'm saying, Like that doesn't feel.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, but I know what you mean. You know what I mean. Remember the flogging guy in the first one, Yes, who flogged himself. Seems like the exact same bad guy in this book.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, you're completely right. Yeah yeah. The gollumn, Yeah, which is a great thing.
Speaker 1: By the way, have you read about that? No? I have not. Okay, read about the history of the gollumn. That's really interesting. That is a fascinating thing.
Speaker 2: Well he doesn't.
Speaker 5: He does a good job of giving you a brief history, just on what the gollumn is in Jewish Jewish history back in the day.
Speaker 1: And what about the lady with the umbrella? Oh yeah, yeah right, what about.
Speaker 2: The girl with the dragon tattoo?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, let me tell you about the girl from.
Speaker 2: What about the man in the yellow hat?
Speaker 1: True? I'm just no, this is good deep and ema, I don't know who.
Speaker 4: This segment has reminded me, and it finally has cemented a belief I've had for a long time. Oh no, you are absolutely my antithesis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are related.
Speaker 2: You're my uncle the thesis. Yeah, that's why you sit there and I sit here. There's a lot of things, but.
Speaker 1: What's what's the magician guy that we're all fascinated by you who goes to the I think that's what ose Perlman has figured out how to hook into the human consciousness. I'm telling you, man, Yeah, I'm telling you there's something going on here. Yeah. I'm so excited to read that book.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 5: Like it's one of those books that like you read a chapter and you almost have to stop and think about it for a second, like, yep, wow, okay, let me process what was just talked.
Speaker 1: About in that chapter. Yep.
Speaker 2: Very good book, very long book. It's like six hundred some pages, very long. Anybody got time for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, pens, I got TV to watch. Uh fan five and a second headlines later. This is the Power Trip Morney Show on the Fan