Speaker 1: Billy Cunningham the Great America. After two o'clock today will be Robert Sherman reporting live from Puerto Rico about Venezuela. But until then, how many County I'm sorry, Kenton County has just talked to Joe Eaters off the air. Kenton County Prosecutor Rob Sanders is joining us now, and Rob first of all. Joe Eaters call it in. I talked to him off the air. Wants to wish you and yours and merry Christmas and a happy New Year. How about that from Justice Joe.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, Willie.
Speaker 3: I haven't talked to Joe in a few days here, but you know, it's been it's been nice.
Speaker 2: I've had Joe kind of vanished off the face.
Speaker 3: Of the Europe a little while there when he first hit the bench, but he's come back around and he's given me a shout a few times here.
Speaker 2: Recently. We've had a lot of.
Speaker 3: Interest in things going on, things in the news, so it's nice to be back in his company and catch up with him and laugh and cry and debate and carry on about all things new and politics and family and everything else that Joe and I talk about. So I'm glad he's catching up with you as well. But by all means, Merry Christmas to the theater's family.
Speaker 1: You know, we have great breakfasts together. And I'll say this, Justice Joe is Sharon Kennedy, the Chief Justice tells Joe know your role and shut your mouth, and up until recently, Joe Eaters has known his role in the black robe, and he shut his mouth. At some point, though he may come out. Is there a Justice Rob Sanders down the road.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe if I get to be as old as Joe is someday, if I live that long, Willie, my patience will grow. But right now I have a really hard time listening to other lawyers try cases. You know, I'm a horrible supervisor when it comes to watching my attorneys trycases because I don't like to.
Speaker 2: Be in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: I get too cranky and two, I don't know, nervous isn't really the right word. I just want to jump in and do the case myself, so I know I dropped my assistance crazy. Sometimes when I'm in the courtroom, I just don't you know, I have a hard time listen to the defense attorneys do their cases. I just wanted to shut up, sit down, let's get this thing moving. So I don't know that I have the patience to ever wear a black robe. I have great respect for the people to do. Uh, but I'm I've never been patience has never been one of my assets, Willie. And I don't know that I've got the temperament to be a patient judge like justice Chick.
Speaker 1: Well, when you get as old as Joe me, you might. But Sharon Kennedy, the chief, sent him a big note in black letters, know your role and shut your mouth.
Speaker 4: And Joe has said, yes, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just gonna guess and say, given Joe's beautiful bride and her temperament, that's probably not the first woman to.
Speaker 4: Tell Joe that shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He probably come, you know, accustomed to it. And and so I'm sure he took it in stride.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, And we're gonna talk Mario Mario Pain. In a moment.
Speaker 1: I'm watching CNN, MSNBC, Breitbart, I'm watching Fox News and I'm watching the hearing for the fired Michigan football coach Sharon Moore, and I'm looking at him and it's coming out now that the University of Michigan knew for months that he was stalking a Michigan employee working for him as executive director of the head football coach. They knew that Page was being victimized by their head football coach. And this guy was making five last year, he made eight million dollars for bonuses. Sharon more likely to make eight million dollars this year. And now he's sitting in a holding cell, having threatened to kill and or commit suicide break into the homes of Michigan employees. I can't recall someone who's gone from a year ago beating the Buckeyes at Ohio Stadium, taking the place of Harbaugh, who went on the NFL fame, I guess. And now he's sitting in a holding cell with a look on his eyes saying, what in the hell is going on around this place? And now the University of Michigan, which has ten or eleven assistant coaches, all of which have been disciplined, the school's on probation for all the shooting they have done in the past. Now they're head football coaches in a white black uniform, sitting in a holding cell, nodding his head, having threatened to kill, breaking the homes and this is the football coach of the University of Michigan, the Mazon the Blue.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, really, it's just going to show you how crazy intense the Ohio State Michigan rivalry is. And I'm not a Michigan or an Ohio State fan, Frankly, I think anybody who's not a fan of either one of those programs just gets annoyed with the both of them. That's the category I fall into. But if Michigan was truly covering this up, yes until after the Ohio State game, yes, that they didn't have the distractions try and beat Ohio State, that's just sick o. These Domestic violence is nothing to screw around with, and it's you know, it's I hate to even make jokes in the same segment here about Ohio State and Michigan that we're going to move into domestic violence because the murder tribe and dealing with all week was filled with domestic violence.
Speaker 2: And if this.
Speaker 3: Coach really was doing the kind of things he's being accused of now, then shame on him and he deserves whatever he gets, and shame on the University of Michigan.
Speaker 2: And if that's true.
Speaker 3: They ought to end up stroking a big check to this lady to compensate her for the hell that this coach has put her through. That they didn't put a stop to or call the police or do whatever they had to do because God forbid it mess up their rivalry again.
Speaker 1: Yet they got the high State game coming up a couple of days after Thanksgiving, so they had to keep the lid on. The AD's got to go. Whoever knew about it's got to go. I guess this woman's life hung in the balance and she's talking the crap out of her and had a baby. I think he paid for the abortion. So in addition everything he did, he killed his unborn baby through paying for it and page pages in therapy. And Paige was a girlfriend of his wife. He's thirty nine years old with three little girls. But the Kelly More is the wife been married for ten years of the head football coach you're on, and she is a girlfriend of the paramore. What do you think about that one?
Speaker 3: Well, will you find out that the University of Michigan really was sandbag and dragging their feet on doing something about criminal behavior on behalf of their football coach just so they could get through the misivalry game. I don't think Michigan was ever going to make it to the playoffs or get a bowl game or anything like that. But if they really were not going to the police and trying to cover this up just so they could beat Ohio State, then they ought to suspend the entire dang football team, because that's just inexcusable behavior under any circumstance, to put a victim of domestic.
Speaker 2: Violence through even more violence and more trauma just for a football game. I'm the biggest football fan as anybody. That's no joking about it. That's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the DV, I mean, I mean this, Michigan football ought to get the death penalty in the NCAA will death death. Let let's talk about Mario pain talking about DV. Explain what happened. You had a successful outcome. By the way, on my birthday, December the eleventh, yesterday, talk to me about Mario Paine. Tell the American people about him.
Speaker 3: Well, Willie, happy birthday, by the way. I'm sorry that I missed it. I'm sure it was a big show yesterday. Everybody's singing happy birthdays to you and I know what I told you earlier the week that this Mario Payne trial was likely to run through your birthday. So unfortunately I wasn't available yesterday for the big celebration.
Speaker 2: But happy birthday.
Speaker 3: I celebrated by convicting Mario Pain of murder and convincing the jury and they agreed that he deserves a life sentence for the murder of a young lady named Kiera Lane, who was only twenty five years old back on January sixth of twenty twenty four when Mario Pain gunned her down. This is a young woman that had been engaged in a relationship with mister Paine, despite the fact that he was apparently engaged in multiple relationships with multiple women had kids with multiple women. But when Kiera Laine realized that she was just being toyed with by Mario Pain and he wasn't interested in a long standing relationship with her being a husband and a father to their two children like he should have been, she broke things off. She got a new boyfriend. One sad thing is the moment that Miss Lane posted a photo of herself and this new boyfriend to social media. Mario Pain apparently lost his mind and started blowing up her phone, demanding to know where she was, who she was with, what she was doing.
Speaker 2: She had to silence her phone.
Speaker 3: Through the night because he had called her so many times, according to the witnesses at trial. But the next day he changed his tactics. He called her and said, I want to visit my kids. And Kiara wasn't the kind of mother to keep the children away from their father, no matter how big of a pain in the backside he was to her, so she agreed to meet him in a Kroger. But when they got the Kroger in Latonia, mister Payne changed his tune and said, no, I want to keep the kids overnight. So she said, well, I didn't like an overnight bag or a diaper bag for the baby. Said we've got to go back to my house and get that stuff, and they did, and when they got back there, he started trying to talk himself inside. She wouldn't let him inside, and she says, I'm not interested in this. I've moved on. I've got a new boyfriend. And when she went to literally close the front door of her house and closed the door on their relationship, mister Payne produced a three eighty caliber handgun and shot her four times at point blank range. This was in front of numerous members of miss Lane's family, all who were over at her residence at the time of her killing. And he killed her right in front of her little sister and within earshot of a number of different family members who were just up the stairs and came running down to find Caroline taking her last breaths just inside the front doorway of her residence. Mister Payne fled the scene and Covington police put out. You know, it was all hands on deck. Every detective and the crime bureau got called out. They investigated the case. Detective Jim Lindman got a arrest warrant for mister Payne and he was found five days later down in Louisville, Kentucky, and police down there arrested him, shipped him back to us. Took us two years to almost two years to get him to trial because mister Payne was feigning mental illness and claimed he was incompetent to stand trial. But the folks that do the evaluations for the state did his psychiatric evaluation.
Speaker 2: He said, no, this guy's the joker. He's just faking.
Speaker 3: In fact, he's faking worse than anybody we've ever seen trying fake mental incompetence to stand trial. So we finally got him called the trial on Tuesday. Took us three days to get the trial done.
Speaker 2: William. We celebrated your birthday.
Speaker 3: Late last night, just after five o'clock with a life sentence from the jury. And I look forward to mister Payne's final sentencing in front of Judge Kathy late in February of next year, when I anticipate she will impose the jury sentence and send mister Payne off to Eddieville at our state penitentiary for the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: At least maybe longer after he's dead, keep him for another year or two. I would point out to my left a Michigan man, the judge in the case of Sharon Moore, posted a allowed him to post upon a twenty five thousand dollars which he's got in his front right pocket for home invasion and a whole bunch of other felonies along with misdemeanors. But nonetheless as far as mister Paine is concerned. And by the way, they've ordered a mental evaluation for the head football coach of Michigan. Nonetheless, we'll see what happens with that. So the probability of this judge, who's a good judge in Kent County, Pain's going to get the rest of his life in prison at least. And how's the rest of how the kids doing well?
Speaker 3: The kids are being raised by their grandmother and by the This is a pretty extended family lots here, had lots of brothers and sisters, cousins.
Speaker 2: She is, her parents are split up.
Speaker 3: She's got a big family on both her mom's side and her dance side that are all pitching in to help raise her. Two babies that are now only two and four years old. I'm not old enough to know what happened to their mother. The older one I think knows Mommy's in heaven, but that's about it. The younger, youngest one is still too small, too tender of age, to explain things too. But none of these kids realized that not only has mommy gone, but she was murdered and our dad was their killer. It's just a horrible thing. We talked about this a try. One of the reasons mister Paine deserves a life sentence is because he robbed, not just care of her life. But he robbed his own children of their mother, and he's going to cause his own children to be raised without a father in the home because mister Payne will be locked in cage for the rest of his life. And rightfully so o.
Speaker 1: Wet's see what happens down the road, and awfully said, and they had football coach of Michigan could have done the same thing as pain oh when he got into that.
Speaker 2: In a really bad direction. There.
Speaker 3: Everything that I've read in the media is through about that case. Really, it's a good thing that they caught up to him when they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and murder suicide, you know, many times murder just precedes suicide. He could easily have killed Paige, his girlfriend who worked for him, and by the way her her income doubled in the last year while he was having sex with her. And then after a while she said, I can't do this anymore. I just can't keep doing this. It's hurting you, hurting me. My friend is your wife, and I can't keep doing this. And that's when the stalking and other crimes committed, and Michigan authorities knew about it but wanted a way too.
Speaker 4: After the Ohigh State game.
Speaker 2: And so there's another lesson in this story, Willie.
Speaker 3: It's don't DoorDash your abortion drugs to your head football coach's office. You know, if you're going to engage in this kind of activity, which is bad enough that this coach was doing, but definitely don't use door dash to get your abortion drugs delivered to the head football office at the University of.
Speaker 1: Michigan unless your own. Morris transgender, I don't think he had much need for abortion drugs. Maybe that was a maybe that was a tip, a little queue right there. Maybe something's. Of course the Michigan family knew about it and did nothing than because of the big game coming up. Well, we got to run Rob Sanders once again. Thanks for coming on. You've been my most frequent guest this year. You've been on fourteen times. Joe Dieters held that record for a while, but now that he's got a muzzle on him, you can't talk. You're the number one guest this year, and I think number three things Rob. Number one your knowledgeable, Number two, you have a great radio voice, and number three you're accessible. You put those things to three things together, substance, voice and accessibility.
Speaker 4: You're number one in my book.
Speaker 3: Well, Willie, it's been an honor and a pleasure. If I'm not mistaken, I was your very first guest of twenty twenty five when you came back from vacation from your break. Yes, and I've got to be I guess now one of your last ones. So it's been an honor, a pleasure. Merry Christmas and happy Birthday to you, Bill, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: To the People's Judge, to Tony Bender.
Speaker 3: Seg, Rocky, DJ Hodge, all my friends at seven hundred WLW, the number one fan of the Bill Cunningham Show, Ross Fine and everybody.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a sing, happy and healthy new Year.
Speaker 3: And I look forward Willie to hopefully talking to this talking to you on your very first show.
Speaker 2: And you will be. You will be. Let's run it back. We're going to defend this title two years in a row of the number one guest on the Bill cunning End Show.
Speaker 4: You'll be my first guest in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Rob, thank you very much, excellent Willy, have a great day.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more. There's Rob Sanders, Let's continue after two o'clock. Today is a report from Puerto Rico about what's happening in Venezuela and Moore, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW