Speaker 1: Join Chris Hockey and Marnie Gellner this Wednesday at Drekker Brewing and Fargo, presented by Bell Bank. Be there as they joined the rest of the Powers Your Morning Show Live, plus a special call in from North Dakota's actor Josh Duml. The tap Room tap Room opens at six am. More concure calendar. Yeah, I did look at that forecast, Chris.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look good, does it.
Speaker 3: Grazy does not look good for a drive and or a flight because old Marns is flying up there. I'm driving up there because I have one of my mental health speeches on Tuesday night at Jackpot Junction that I'm driving over to Fargo from there and let's go get Harry.
Speaker 2: I do believe, but I'll make it. Ladies joining Marnie Gellner.
Speaker 3: Unless you know it's it ain't easy to fly in that weather either.
Speaker 1: No, oh boy, Oh well there's that.
Speaker 3: But there's a reason we're doing this, by the way, and I don't know why it's not in the liner, but but I have my own beer this year, oh for charity, and I want to make sure that it's clear that I that I can that I've been cleared to say that. I don't know why I wouldn't be but U And that's why Josh is calling in. Because Josh does as well, thanks to our friends at Dreker and Bell Bank.
Speaker 2: And we'll be raising money for charities. And if you want to see.
Speaker 3: What what what what what Josh tastes like.
Speaker 2: And what it's beer? Yeah, you need an engineer.
Speaker 1: And Tommy and Sas can run the board and I'll just can I.
Speaker 3: Know anyway, there you go. So I'm excited. And Joshua will be calling in the show. Sweet do you want me to say anything to him for you?
Speaker 2: Ben, just say hi and give him like a give him an air hug. I will. He's a good guy like that. He's a good guy. He's a good guy.
Speaker 3: He's down in New Mexico Way where it's not one hundred below.
Speaker 2: Is he filming something?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, the second season of his TV show Taxicab Confessions. I don't know if that's it or not. Hey, by the way, on this date, guys, December eighth of nineteen forty, the Chicago Bears beat the Washington what was then Redskins now the Commanders in the NFL Championship Game. George Hallis was your coach. They brought a six and two record to the meeting with the Redskins in Washington. Chicago lost three to seven. The Redskins owner George Preston Marshall toot reporters. Hallis and his team were quitters and crybabies meat sauce early in the season when when they when they'd been when they had beaten them seven to three. So on December eight, nineteen forty, in the NFL Championship game, Chicago went to Washington and beat them seventy three to nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh my, he poked the bears. Literally.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's where the saying came from. I wonder, don't poke the bears, don't.
Speaker 2: The bear, don't poke the bear bears.
Speaker 3: You know, it's fun when you go to to Chicago or obviously Green Bay when they have the old posters on the wall that like from the old headlines in like nineteen forty seven when the Packers won the championship and there's the old headline and stuff in the old newspaper. That's pretty neat, pretty neat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd love to I'd love to be able to comment on that, but I don't know what's going on with must right now?
Speaker 2: His chair. No, I got a lot of issues going on here.
Speaker 5: First, you do most you get up in the morning, you're sitting on the crapper, You're scrolling through your phone and you go onto your weather app and it doesn't say it's snowing, and it is snowing, and so that's why it took me a while. And then my microphone has ed. It keeps tipping down. This chair keeps chess play chair sucks. It's the worst.
Speaker 6: It does that because I've said in it for like three years. So I apologize. I'm on the struggle bus right now. Yeah, you are that chair over there? Yeah, yeah, you want to switch chair. I'm going to switch chairs.
Speaker 2: We'll do that. When you go to the break.
Speaker 4: You need to like tighten your little mikey here. Oh your miikeyke he likes it. Yeah, you got a soggy mike. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Yeah, it's a hockey mic micah. Yeah, can't help it. It happened.
Speaker 3: I got to hit this real quick because we love our beloved sponsors of this.
Speaker 1: This is KIP News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six. I HF World Junior Championship almost here, Zachariyah.
Speaker 2: Yeah about this hat, I got World Juniors EM six. That's a sweet hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually be getting pick it up at Mall of America at the World Juniors h Q store. I leave Level three in the north side of the mall and we can get your tickets right now. Great stocking stuffers, great Christmas gifts. Bring the whole family down to Grand Casino Arena or three and arena at Mariucci this I guess December twenty sixth through January fifth.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. Let's get ready, let's have some fun, get those kids in here, and let's play some hockey.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, okay, right, I'll.
Speaker 3: Give you a couple of stories and we'll get right back into the vikings. Big victory yesterday. One week they score nothing, the next week they score them all. But more on that in the moment. The powerball jackpot is ready for you to score.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: One matched all six numbers in Saturday night's drawing, so Monday's jackpot is now worth an estimated eight hundred and seventy five million dollars. A lot of reofficials say that that ranks as the seventh biggest in powerball history. The odds of hitting the jackpot are roughly one in two hundred and ninety two million.
Speaker 2: I'm Mark Mayfield. It's so bad. Yeah, that's not bad. It's good. So good luck with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is like a regular currents now, isn't it. It does say how that they increase the ticket value to what five bucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I there's a ticket wrong.
Speaker 5: Though for me, because I won't I won't go into the convenience store. That's why I never get a powerball ticket.
Speaker 2: Well thanks, that hold the pump.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I'll pay it the pump because I don't want to go inside and talk to the people in there.
Speaker 2: You talked to everybody I know.
Speaker 5: But there's about the convenience store that's near me that I yeah, there's there's a couple though, because it's not a holiday. It is not a holiday. I need to get a holiday a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go in.
Speaker 3: I understand your point because I do feel judged by the fact that I have not three, but four little debbies. What kind you're writing a book?
Speaker 2: I'd just like to know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I get all fired up.
Speaker 2: Please take it. The cosmic brownies. I didn't know that's what they were called chubs.
Speaker 6: I did answer that the cosmic.
Speaker 2: I don't even like those.
Speaker 3: I just know.
Speaker 2: No, you don't like I don't like chocolate, like like chocolate. Wow, I don't like.
Speaker 1: Chocolate's something else, but like I don't Yeah like chocolate cake?
Speaker 2: No, thank you? Not really? You like the Tar Stars crunch? Yeah, Tar Star Crunch is good. Yep? Wait oh did you get yesterday?
Speaker 6: Ron saying over and over again, they kept touching the rim line, please find that.
Speaker 2: On Vikings fans touching you mean kept touching the rim.
Speaker 5: They're talking about his ups playing basketball and being able to get up.
Speaker 2: He was talking about his own bat. He was talking about his own physical prowles.
Speaker 1: We're talking about David Fline Boston because that's love his market.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does, that's applicable.
Speaker 6: And then he said he could he doesn't know if he could touch the rim.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I can touch the rim. Yeah. Crazy legs Drake and Crazy legs Drake. Uh? The lottery and Little Debbie yeah outstanding?
Speaker 4: Is it possible? The lottery app? Can't you buy lottery tickets on the app?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I use a jackpocket. Jackpocket? What you think it is. It's so you know that? Is that just state wide lottery? Is there national lottery? It's only national? Yeah, it's only national sea Yeah.
Speaker 3: Actually might be both now. But yeah.
Speaker 5: The guy's got his own boombox, even though there's music overhead, and he's playing crocodile Rock constantly.
Speaker 2: Where do you go? What's your problem? I'm sorry, I have very You're mad at the chair. I'm having a bad day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're mad at the microphone. You're mad at the chair. Come on, you should not be mot mad at Kyle that works at the gas.
Speaker 2: It would be nice to Kyle Kyle's doing. He didn't like you either, mis judging you.
Speaker 4: You know what, if you were in charge of the gas station music, I'm sure there'd be a lot of people that don't like your style of music too. Yeah, and I can't go in there because that idiot counters. It's always terrible music. It's overhead, I know, But are you to choose that? You don't think that Kyle gets to choose that. No, not the overhead thing. That's why he's got his a little tiny boom box and.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there cranking up crocodile rock. Song the Crocodile Rock. It's a good song on so you hear it all. I will say this. And then the guy comments and comments on everything that you purchase, and you're buying a lot of If he's.
Speaker 3: Doing that on everything you purchase, youot he should be fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, leave me alone. Mind mind your business, Kyle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I go to the convenience store for my lube button, Mark, I mean, okay, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna go ahead and transition to sports now sports. The Minnesota Vikings won, and they won big. Hell he thirty one and nothing. But it wasn't only your Minnesota Vikings that won. This weekend, Indiana beat Ohio State and college football and what was one of the most fun games ever to watch that didn't score a lot of points.
Speaker 2: Did you watch that game, Benjamin?
Speaker 4: I saw bits and pieces of that game. Yes, I did.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We were at a Christmas party on Saturday night and they had actually playing behind the bar, and a lot a lot of dudes were just like, not mingling, but.
Speaker 2: Just watching the game. Yeah. That's yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: An incredible story. Can they sustain it for some time? They're Indian Indiana, I'm not sure. I mean, it was a hell of a run that Wisconsin had before they remember who they are, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So let's hope they can do it.
Speaker 3: But the fact that they not only played with but actually beat Ohio State on Saturday in the Big Ten Championship game, what a what a turnaround for SIGs.
Speaker 2: Don't some of.
Speaker 5: These stats and you know, accomplishments go back from to like nineteen forty five yea, like the last time that they were sitting at the number one seed or well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they have Cuban money now like Mark Cuban.
Speaker 3: Is that does that doesn't play in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: No, Mark Cuban. Sorry.
Speaker 4: And I also heard, aside from the communist money that you're talking.
Speaker 5: About cigars, they make a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also heard that there are quite a few starters on that team that are that were recruited to play at James Madison where he was And.
Speaker 2: So yeahawks said that, Yeah did you did you already mention that? No yesterday, but oh yesterday.
Speaker 4: So think about that like coaching matters, yes, yeah, you know, these are these are kids that some of these kids were destined to be at that level of college football and they're out there competing and beating five star recruits to Ohio State, right, yes?
Speaker 3: And then Ben, it's such a legacy that James Madison makes the twelve.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: And they're in the college football playoffs? Yeah, I mean, come on, I mean, what a cool story. Sweet your gift is to go to Oregon. But and you're a twenty and a half point dog. But still they made it. It don't matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you put yourself in a position to make it. And who knows, you know, if these are the type of kids that can win at Indiana, why can't they go to Oregon and knock those guys off?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: Lemmy?
Speaker 3: Let me singing, Run Run, Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Le Whales, let me pass away the mole? Still with us? M Here, I'm back and we'll go dive.
Speaker 3: Deep into the Vikings and the NFL with Mussman, Benman and the cast of thousands after this on the fans.
Speaker 2: Lap, Hey Rubes.
Speaker 1: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one KFA and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choices. Head over to KFE and dot com make the keyword contest, learn more and enter today. That's KFE dot com keyword contest.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, thank you, whatever your name is.
Speaker 2: Here we go. That's Sakus. That's right. I'm sorry, Zach. I mean to defend you. Calm down, Yeah, relaxed, it's fine. Are you crying? He gets so angry.
Speaker 1: I'm all right, you're uh you're Chris right right?
Speaker 2: Hey, hogs, I got an idea, Paul. I can't wait to hear it on. Are you waiting? How about.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the score you give the Standing's update?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, terrible. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to have to be the one to say it.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't understand it. What do you mean? Standing is update? Like the playoffs? Like standing and mussa Citty and like still standing. Now you're I mean we could try it? Sean criesel Sean, what's he do? Just all the craesl things?
Speaker 6: You're on camera for a four K camera, there's a lot of case.
Speaker 2: All right, were ready?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeh are we doing that bit?
Speaker 8: Or what?
Speaker 2: Are we sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, we'll give it a shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I prepared sports for nothing.
Speaker 3: You know what you know what. See what you just did, do Zach? Do you see how pissed off he is?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Did you hear the anger and the triol? Because he's supposed to do fan five right now?
Speaker 2: Oh do that thing. It's fun. It's time for fans.
Speaker 5: All around your timber tech deck building contract exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, look at you. You're all red? Why is he still red? I don't know, man, camera, are you okay? I'm talking about you?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you dude. O Kevin that comes to slash watch.
Speaker 1: His sweatshirt and the bricks behind him are providing a lethal.
Speaker 2: Seen my face is disgusting.
Speaker 3: What I was like?
Speaker 2: Dead stop? Yeah, you gotta stop me a lot I would call your face a lot of quid drunk tweeting. Yes, yes he does. And my uncle they need to be off the They follow a lot of busty ladies. Yeah they do. They yeah, and they respond they do. They don't know interact with the bots? Do they say?
Speaker 6: Somebody, this is a I'm working on a new stand up bit that I did summer.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm going to lose my inheritance to an internet bot.
Speaker 2: I just am Ye. My uncle and my dad follow all of.
Speaker 3: Them compared to you.
Speaker 2: Probably my buddy than your friend of mine.
Speaker 6: One sent me a blatant bot asking him for a social security number. Just fi, don't ask for a social security number. It's obvious that it's a a I picture of a very busty lady.
Speaker 2: It has two followers, my uncle and my dad. Your dad really likes golf recently too.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that one in Yeah, yeah, I ain't just had it for Jay Lambert. Oh, I didn't say his name.
Speaker 3: When you are retired, retired, I said, you're allowed to follow any accounts you want.
Speaker 2: He's a human being. Is this Indiana Hockey?
Speaker 3: He is free, the social media is open. He ain't wasting no money. He's allowed to follow him body once, so you stay off his back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the hearst doesn't have a trailer, hitch bitch what he said?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever he said.
Speaker 4: I could make the argument that I think there's a bigger porn problem with men over sixty five than there are with teenagers these days. I mean, did you think about the amount of work that went in to those sixty five plus guys when they were teenagers and they were all horned up? Well, I mean, like where could you find it? There's a you couldn't. You couldn't buy it at the gas station unless you snuck it.
Speaker 5: They're the same magazine, over and over, the same magazine, over and over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was someone that used to work on this show. Used to be on here a couple of days a week. They follow every.
Speaker 6: Single woman that is ever signed up for a social media account?
Speaker 2: Are you talking about Mark Rosen? He follows every single woman. Do you not understand how the internet? Do not understand every one that he has a reporter? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And you only know that because you stumble across it, and says followed, followed by Mark Rosey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he on his Instagram, right, he follows some some gal named Carrie Elwis.
Speaker 2: Who's that?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I'm going to go back to Ben's point, and i want to defend all of us who are of a certain age.
Speaker 2: You're not over sixty five. I feel like.
Speaker 3: Rob Marc Rosan, probably Mark Rosen, Chad GPD, Ben, imagine your whole life. You listen, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: This imagine?
Speaker 7: Is this the.
Speaker 2: End ste.
Speaker 5: Your head?
Speaker 3: Because I'm really trying to concentrate and if I look at you, I get distracted imagine your whole life. You've been fed gruel, gruel, and it's enough to sustain you.
Speaker 2: But it's just gruel.
Speaker 3: And not only have you been fed that gruel, you've been charged money for it. Not a lot of money, but money. And so you're paying for something you don't necessarily like, but it works. And then suddenly, sure you're sixty five, but you've got every type of sexual perversion available to man, and it's for free. I changed it from food tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you switched it from watch strings.
Speaker 3: My point is you are right in the we can't believe that it's all there and it's all free, be and and and you said, we but go ahead, and that all those different things are possible because in my generation we had military position and super hairy ladies. Right now there's like, oh my god, it's old Cory buffet.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's free, it's golden horal.
Speaker 2: So I am defending, defending, he's enjoying this. I'm not defingering. I'm defensing.
Speaker 1: Lamberts and and m Rosen and Pete Lamberts.
Speaker 3: And Sea Hockey and see and all the hockeys and every other hockey because you can't believe it. It's all there, and you're like, wait a minute, there's no way she likes that. Oh my god, it looks like she does like that. I should have tried that back when this thing still worked. Johnson Rights.
Speaker 4: You just remember Hawk, I know, I know, I know you remember this, and shoot, you might still have one hanging up somewhere in your house.
Speaker 2: What was considered what was considered like.
Speaker 4: Soft porn was the calendars of like the motorcycle girls.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: In every in every dude's garage, or the Sears cat log yeah, bra section.
Speaker 4: So many of my dad of my of like my dad's age friends when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: You go in the garage, there's there's the calendar. Yeah, the big knocks that's still from like two years ago. Absolutely not even on the right hand. It's always walked over.
Speaker 4: It's always you can't just bent over some motorcycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like, it's Tuesday. It says here, this is the thirty first that calendars from sixty seven.
Speaker 2: She's too hot to throw away, I know. And they and they're not even in the motorcycle. No, don't even don't even own one. Don't even know if they knew how to ride one don't care. What did all the guys get those truck stops? Is that right?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 2: That is a great question. Where did it seem like every you know what?
Speaker 3: The first thing that popped in mind was county fairs.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you're popping balloons and getting calendars. Nobody.
Speaker 5: If you have the right friend group, you as dudes, you work it out, like, hey, maybe birthday you get me one of these and for yours the.
Speaker 2: Calendar you down to the bumper to bumper.
Speaker 3: But it wouldn't bumper Shay's Jay's Auto Parts because you needed to change the breaks because you know.
Speaker 2: You're a man, you oil filter right.
Speaker 3: And Jay the auto parts owner has got some busty, attractive lady holding the pair of hooker headers.
Speaker 2: You're like, where did you get that calendar?
Speaker 3: He's like, you can have that their calendar, and he gives it to you and then it's on your wall and it's there forever and you hand it down generation to generation. But now these kids today don't appreciate it. They don't appreciate it. They don't appreciate this, the subtle nip slip. You know what, I mean, yeah, they don't appreciate a little handy cheek because they've seen it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think, I'm trying to think of that's the podcast title.
Speaker 2: Hany cheap appreciate outline. They appreciate the outline. Would appreciate the National Geographic the way we did spray National Geographic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, those things were in all the right spots.
Speaker 1: Would be interesting to know is how many younger people and I would say even I would even put myself in this category because I don't think I have ever like looked at a printed out picture and.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 1: Serious, all all digital magazine.
Speaker 2: Not even the Sports Illustrated.
Speaker 3: You know what maximum you know what's that you have an assignment for tonight.
Speaker 2: Is the night?
Speaker 4: No, no, don't print it out, like find a magazine. Find a magazine because you can't use the color printer here at work. So yeah, the thrill of actually physically turning the page and not just scrolling thumbnails yeah, yeah, it's way different.
Speaker 3: It's it's way different. It's way different.
Speaker 2: Knowing the page that's going to help you finish. Yep, that's the one that got gross. Be more careful. Suddenly that got real gross. But be careful. It does happen suddenly. You're right.
Speaker 3: You know what, I just realized something with that lack of experience, guys, a paper cut can be dangerous, So.
Speaker 2: Be real careful. I'll take my fingers up with band aids. It's not your finger. I'm worried about that, God, your finger. They also had staples in those things.
Speaker 4: No exaggeration, I am not. I am not putting hot sauce in this story at all. When I was a kid, I would say it was probably seventh or eighth grade, just prime, like yeah, the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like it's like that's all you thought about. The top was runneth Over Wizard. Me and my buddies found out.
Speaker 4: We heard it was almost like an urban myth that in this wooded area stuck into the hollow of a tree was a hustler magazine that was rolled up and shoved in the In me, it was it was a buddy of mine's older brother that like stashed his magazine in that tree. We found the tree and there was you could see that the end of You could see the end of the magazine rolled up like old.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I can't even tell you, guys, how much effort and time and thought went into extracting that one magazine day. I'm not I'm not getting daze.
Speaker 2: Did you get it out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: We never got it out because it was like it was, it was like stuck in there and we didn't have the tools to like physically cut the tree down. But we were like lord of the flies on this thing, like, we have to get this thing out.
Speaker 1: I'll meet you back at the tree tomorrow with a different idea.
Speaker 4: If you go through your dad's garage cut this thing.
Speaker 2: Out, I kid you not do. That's beautiful. Yes, it was our treasure hunt. Yes, and you guys went outside. Yeah, we were out.
Speaker 4: The thing is like we were outside, we were using our mental resources. We were trying to figure this thing out all because we were all jazzed up to see what was in those pages.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you know what's ironic. The thing you could have used the most was a beaver.
Speaker 4: Mm hm, well played one hundred percent. So if I could hold that beaver in my hand in this habit.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, it's worth not on that tree.
Speaker 9: So just be clear though, no happy ending. No, you never got it too, that is it possible? Till yeah, hawks on his way the location. I do feel like it's a core memory. I could probably find that tree right now.
Speaker 2: I love that story. No compass, No, yeah, that was so great. What is the Boy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta find Merlin And what a good happy memory. See, these these kids have no idea the lengths that we'd go through.
Speaker 2: Just just a season. Yeah.
Speaker 6: There was a man like a convenience store in the neighborhood I grew up and as a kid, and they would throw away their magazines.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, and somebody dumpster died for magazine. Brother found it out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we oh yeah, they and then yeah, we would put them in like a plastic bag and then put them somewhere and then we would all know where they were and we yeah, oh yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: You have to check it out like at the library. Yeah. Oh yeah. You look around and go, oh yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 1: And then you'd see people. You'd be like, I'm gonna they were too week people. Oh yeah, oh yeah, stacks of them we found in this dumpster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now it's in everybody's phone in their pocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no work there. What a world, What a world? It was huge. It's Patrick Morn Show.
Speaker 3: Your your best sports talk radio show in America.
Speaker 2: But listen, ladies, and by the way, nice job on that sports update.
Speaker 5: Zech.
Speaker 2: That's great US nice yet, thank you all around.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna do We're gonna do Vikings as we come back, and we're gonna delve deeply into the Vikes and we will get to all of the NFL a little bit later as well. But your Vikes win thirty one to nothing over Washington. JJ Mack is your quarterback. We'll be right back up to this.
Speaker 1: On the hand, join Corey Cove tonight at Eagle Street in Saint Paul for cors Light Hockey Night Drop Ice starting at seven o'clock to pre game for Minnesota versus Seattle. Enjoy it's called course Light Specials and play trivia for your chance to win great prizes, including sweet tickets to a game in January at the full details now at KFE dot com.
Speaker 2: Keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's time, George Thurgod, Ladies and gentlemen, Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 2: It's Christmas music because it's Christmas time. Are the Delaware Destroyers with him on this way?
Speaker 8: Are?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: They are? What a band? What a band?
Speaker 3: One of the most fun concerts I've ever seen in my life. Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger group of people having that much joy, just dancing and having fun.
Speaker 2: Just smashed me on their brains. I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about the band. Anyway, here we are it is. It is time for Vikings News on your home of Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Iiking's Football the fans.
Speaker 3: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip presented by it. Thank you Radco. Great time right now to get to radco dot com. Buy some gift cards for those in your house that you just don't know what to buy. For those you like you don't have to buy for, They've got to Raguar. Let them buy what they want with the Raguar gift card. Ben, Yeah, we've talked about it a lot. Yesterday, a big game from a bunch of players, specifically though that offensive line looked fantastic. Was that a result of a defense that was lack luster or an offense that's coming together?
Speaker 4: Well, going back to what we talked about with Kevin Seffert's post, I believe it's it all kind of works together. When the ball gets out quickly, you know, you don't really have to protect all that long.
Speaker 2: You know, we didn't. We didn't give up a lot of free rushers, which they did.
Speaker 4: But when you when the ball comes out and it's designed to come out quick, and McCarthy was delivering and executing the way he's supposed to, it does make the offensive line look better. I mean, that's that is how team football works. I mean, they get a lot of praise now because they're like, hey, you guys, relative kept him relatively clean.
Speaker 2: Like we talked about the four sacks.
Speaker 4: But when the ball gets out quick and it's accurate, hey, everybody wins. So but they did. And you look at the the rushing game. I mean, everybody has been talking the whole season, let's run the football, Let's run the football on first down, Let's run the football on second and short, and third and short.
Speaker 2: They did all of that yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's like everything was answered yesterday in the best possible way. Where we ran the ball thirty one times excluding the kneel downs. At the end of the game, thirty one rushes you put up thirty one points. There's an absolute correlation between the successive both.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you're running the ball more than you're passing the ball. There's only twenty three attempts in the past, excuse me.
Speaker 2: On the past.
Speaker 5: One thing I thought was interesting is that JJ McCarthy still was thrown the fastballs, but it was like they designed the routes to actually be able to he didn't have to have the multiple different throws and stuff like that. But man, he was just accurate and decisive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think his accuracy really.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at the first drive, and I know that most of the first drives he's always looked pretty smooth and comfortable. But he had an he had an outcutting rude I think, to the left side towards their sideline, and he.
Speaker 2: Put it out out in front of the receiver.
Speaker 4: The receiver didn't have to do anything other than catch it and turn and try to pick up a few extra yards. Like those are the little things that are going to matter, and that's what high level quarterbacking is, Like just don't hit it right in his chest or like put in a spot where he can just continue to keep running and try to pick up some extra yards.
Speaker 2: And I thought he did a good job of that all game.
Speaker 4: A bunch of deeper out routes, he had a throat to Jordan Addison from the right hash all the way to the Vikings left sideline, that didn't sail over the top of his head, didn't hit the ground three three yards in front, like hit him right in stride, right in the belly button.
Speaker 2: It's like, look, kid, you can do it.
Speaker 4: I know that not every play is the exact same, but I think that we've seen enough now, like you can make those throws, man, Yeah, Like, don't try to overthink even that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, Like you can do it. The offense was so efficient yesterday as well.
Speaker 5: I know, going into the at the halftime show, they had yet to have a three and I don't think I can remember a three and out.
Speaker 2: Well they only punted once, right, and that was not a three and out?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they punted once, Yeah, and it was on a where is it here? It was a six played three six play three yards they made? Was there like a penalty or a sacke? Yeah, there was a five yard penalty and incompletion and then a sack and then they punted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it wasn't three and out.
Speaker 4: I made a big deal about this yesterday during the game, and I think it still holds true even at the end of the game. This statistic actually matters, and this is a This is what we hope happens for the next four games is just worry about picking up first downs. That's all we need to do. Just be efficient, move the chains. At the start of every series and including all the first downs we picked up, we had twenty five first down plays. Twenty five first down plays, and we averaged like four point seven per first down play in the first half, and then it was like six yards or something like that.
Speaker 2: It was the third quarter was a ridiculous number.
Speaker 4: It was six point seven yards in the second half that we averaged on first down.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's Think about that first half.
Speaker 4: You're almost at second and five every single time, and then the second half you're almost at second and three every single time.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's how you win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how you That's how you take the pressure off a quarterback. I don't care if he's a young quarterback or a veteran quarterback. You know how much easier it is to operate when it's like okay, cool, like let's just make a simple throw here on second down, hopefully pick up a first down and move the chains.
Speaker 2: If not don't worry about we're third and three.
Speaker 5: We're cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, play calling is a lot easier, your options are easier. So winning winning on first down to me was the biggest metric of the whole game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, and it also there was also a lot of they shrunk the game. That nineteen play, ninety eight yard twelve minute drive.
Speaker 2: And it's just shrinks the game. It's the second drive.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yeah, it keeps that defense on, you know, probably for forty real time minutes on the field.
Speaker 6: That was outstanding. Yeah, that wears that defense out. That just puts the quid in them, right, And that's exactly what they needed to do. They shrunk the game and it helped the kid immensely well. And then flip it around. I mean what we've talked about the last couple of games, like our defense is getting exhausted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean you can see the defense about mid third quarter just start to lose the gas. They're like, oh, man, like we just don't have enough. You know, we're running sideline, the sideline where it's hard to defend all these guys. We still have to blitz and run our and execute our defense, which requires a lot out of them, you know, running around a lot and covering certain spots, and so those guys are finally getting arrest on the sideline.
Speaker 2: And then you see the result of it.
Speaker 4: When you put the pressure on the other team against our our pressure package and our blitz package, we get three takes, yeah, which we've struggled to get takeaways the whole seas and because we're never playing with the lead, So no three and outs.
Speaker 2: He punted.
Speaker 5: Once you get three turnovers, that's an ass weapon. And the time possession definitely in your favorite That is why you get a thirty one zero game, And that's amazing. Can I wet blanket just a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, I don't know if you do. And I'll tell you why, muss. Yeah, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: I don't mind because I don't want to say it's over if JJ has a bad week, and I don't want to say he's John Elway if he has a good week, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So go ahead, Red, but on one thing. Well, and it's the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: If you look, Jets only had two receptions eleven yards yesterday.
Speaker 2: The week before.
Speaker 5: You take those two games four receptions total, fifteen yards total. Gotta get him involved, you just have to. And then the other one is Addison with some.
Speaker 2: Of these drops.
Speaker 5: I mean, not the easiest of catches, but that's what you're supposed to do. He the one in the end zone, he lost the one that would have been a first down, and then the throw was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I have to admit I was listening because Abigail had an orchestra concert yesterday, so I went down to that. I was listening and were the drops bad because they didn't sound That sounds ridiculous, but you get my point. They didn't sound that bad on the radio. Were they bad drops?
Speaker 5: No, It wasn't like he was just running across the field and then you know, hit his hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, fly.
Speaker 5: No, I mean these he contested throws, definitely, and low throws, especially like the one for the end zone that I was talking about, where he should have had a touchdown. I went right through his arms. And then the other one he just missed. It was on the boundary and that was a good throw. It was exactly where it needed to be. Yeah, But that's but Addison's had some drops, and this team has had some drops they're not helping their guy out sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've had some really bad draps.
Speaker 5: But you don't think about him when you you know, win thirty one rip.
Speaker 3: And when when my best catches the game is done by one of your linebackers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, by the gink, Yeah the.
Speaker 6: G I thought he was going to the house saying he's so good, so good that happen again. He just always puts himself in a great position about every play he.
Speaker 2: Do because he's smart.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, that's what happens when you you know there there is there's so much value in film study, and there's so much value in taking that film study into the actual game and then applying it into the game situation, you know, like and he has shown time and time again that he is he's watching film, he knows how to apply it.
Speaker 2: He knows exactly the game situation of.
Speaker 4: Like okay, well, and the thing is even outside of that, if you're an outside rusher and you're a free rusher on the outside and you sense three step, well you're always taught put the brakes on. You're not going to get to the quarterback. So get your hands up. Stop, stop what you're doing. Get you get your hands up, maybe try to affect the play, but then you you put the extra layer on top of that. When he understands the threat to his outside and what they could be doing in that situation, he puts it all together and constantly makes the same play over and over again.
Speaker 5: And you got to love the fact that he's quiet about it. I mean it's not like he I mean, massive plays, but you never like see him on the field, you know, celebrating. You never see you know, he really rarely does interviews.
Speaker 4: Well, even when you ask him about it, he's like, well, what happenss Like I just watch film. I had a feeling that what's going on. I haven't understanding what's going on.
Speaker 3: That's like, you know, the tight end had a big game, yestery two touchdowns. I heard you talk to him after the game.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 3: He didn't like there wasn't a lot of excitement and exuberance out of him as well. I mean you just a standard interview.
Speaker 2: Very businesslike.
Speaker 5: Yes, two receptions both for touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool now, I mean, not a lot to say, right, just h that's the business what we do.
Speaker 2: I was I was kind of disappointed.
Speaker 4: Did you guys see Kaoss posts his locker room speech where he hands out all the game alls and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oliver doesn't get a game ball.
Speaker 4: Good point, I like the guy had he had two catches, two touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah he should have. Maybe he doesn't get a game ball. Not imagine all the dirty work that he normally doesn't know. And they went out of their way to give JJ his game ball very early in that video he's the quarterback. Well, yeah, I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve it. I'm not saying he deserves it, but it was. I mean, they gave a.
Speaker 4: Game ball to Jonathan Allen for playing really having a good game against his former team.
Speaker 2: Hawk got one, and Hawk was that obviously.
Speaker 3: Well I was trying to be I was trying to be a good dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, Za got one. Well I got too. He always gets two games, always get two balls. Yeah, like take a shower, dude, Yeah, gross buddy, Yeah, don't have gaming balls.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 6: How did they let me ask you this Lee where I know we have to go to break here quickly? But how do they sustain this? How was this repeated against a similar bad defense in Dallas?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I think it again.
Speaker 4: It all starts with running the ball with consistency and not given. The thing is, it's not as if you know when obviously, I mean, when we're taking the law of averages, it's not like every play was four point seven yards. I think everybody understands that. But when you are when you are running and you get six or seven yards on a run but then get stuffed at for zero or one, well, don't get frustrated and be like, oh, you know, we can't run the football like no, like just stick to it. Maybe just come up with a different play. I mean, you got a whole playshet of different calls against different defenses. So like, I think that we've had a tendency in the past, you know, I don't know. I mean there's a lot of games where we're like, we get stuffed. I mean, even look at last weekend Seattle. The reason why we had that quarterback bootleg on fourth and one was because they felt like they couldn't run the football against that defense because we had like five runs or six runs up to that point that went for like two yards. So I just think that even though you might be getting stonewalled, you continue to run the ball. Because we had two touchdowns on first down. In that game, that touchdown to Josh Oliver was on first down. It was a first down play action play. So just the act and the action and the commitment to running the ball will open up things down the field. So don't get away from that. That is the formula.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys are fourth to last in yards given up. They are dead last in passing yards given up, dead last in the league.
Speaker 4: But see that's the thing though, like we shouldn't. We shouldn't get enamored by that when they're putting together the game plan and be like, oh, this is the game we're going to throw forty five to fifty times.
Speaker 2: No, No, we can be.
Speaker 4: Explosive and chew up those yards and exploit them still by running the football.
Speaker 5: Because you got to keep their offense off the field, nod.
Speaker 4: And you got to have those defenders commit to stopping the run because we all talked about like the last thing you want to do as a defender is to get run through the whole game.
Speaker 6: They almost average four hundred yards a game on offense. That's a top tier offense. Yes, it's the best of the league. Yeah, yards wise, Yeah, yeah, all we have all we've got to do is just first play the game. Just sucker punch Pickens. Just hit him right in the gut. I don't care if we get a flag, and then he'll be mentally done for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the US.
Speaker 2: He's out. He's got a little meat sauce to him.
Speaker 6: It quits when it's not going his way, or as we now say, a little notre dame to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll talk about coach foot By.
Speaker 3: And also I want to talk about going forward on fourth and one on your own thirty one yard line, if that kind of bit is maybe going by the wayside pretty quickly here, we'll talk about that. And I want to tell you guys about a podcast that I just had. I found by accident this weekend that completely overtook my entire weekend. I was so fascinated by this true crime podcast. It's the most well done, encapsulated podcast I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 2: So I'll tell you guys about it when we come back.
Speaker 3: It is Patrick Moore Show a O two Your Vikings, win thirty one and nothing will break all that down.
Speaker 2: A much more light around the panet for this