Speaker 1: It is January tenth, twenty twenty six before we look how to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. Seventeen seventy six, the year that Thomas Payne anonymously published Common Sense, arguing for American independence from British rule. And here we are into our two hundred and fiftieth year. Eighteen sixty the Pemberton Mill and Lawrence, Massachusetts collapse caught fire, killing as many as one hundred and forty five. Florida became the third state to secede from the Union just before our Civil War in eighteen sixty one. Two years later, the London Underground opened to the public the Metropolitan Railway, the first underground passenger railway. How about that subways were born? Nineteen twenty League of Nations established by the Treaty of Versailles, another harbinger of bad things to come if you're of the mind that I am. The first General Assembly of the United Nations convened in London. Another bad, bad thing for the future of the world my opinion. This was the date of the catch in nineteen eighty two, when Dwight Clark caught a touchdown from Joe Montana with fifty eight seconds left in the NFC Championship Game. One of the most famous plays in NFL history led the Niners to that victory over the Dallas Cowboys that would lay the groundwork for the Niners to face yours Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl. Well, of course, the Bengals would lose. Olympic Decathlon gold medalists Bill Toomey is eighty seven a day. Rod Stewart is eighty one. Pat Benattar is seventy three. We'll have to get some pad on later, Handsome Rod, pat Rod. Bobby ray Hall is seventy three years old. Comedian Jermaine Clement. Don't know, don't know, Jermaine Clement, He's fifty two. Jared Kushner is forty five, the President's son in law, an actor and singer. Renee Rapp is twenty six. If it is your birthday, I hope that it is and pray that it is absolutely the best birthday ever for you, and you get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. It's five forty one this morning show. The theme is gratitude, and I'm grateful for a lot of things this morning. We'll get into it. Good morning, Chris to two point zero, five point forty one at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Oh my seven hundred WLW sports William.
Speaker 1: I hit the McDonald's here on Montgomery Road as we were coming in. I'm grateful that there is some restaurant open at this time of the morning, one of the things I'm grateful for. And it was really refreshing because this doesn't often happen when you go to a fast food joint. The person who waited on me was not high. There was a lucid kind of transaction. They're cognizant of what was going on around him, and I'm just so appreciative of that. Do you encounter a lot of people who you think may be high in those kind of jobs.
Speaker 3: I kind of just assumed it was a requirement the way everybody acted in these establishments, and what.
Speaker 1: When you so when you can smell the funk coming out of the drive through window, it kind of gives you a clue. But then when they don't have a clue about anything, and they're looking at money like it's an alien being. Then you know for sure.
Speaker 3: If they like you enough, they'll let you smack it through the window. I've seen that happen before as well.
Speaker 4: And speaking of smacking, Indiana football smacking fifty six to twenty two pick six on the first drive set the tone for the game, Indiana, I'm excuse me.
Speaker 3: Oregon went down a march down, tied the game at seven, but Indiana just took control. They were up thirty five to seven and a half and there was just no looking back.
Speaker 1: Oregon Ducks cannot do anything. If the New York Gents aren't enough to convince Dante Moore to stay in college, that game should have been Yeah.
Speaker 3: Indiana will face Miami in the National Championship, the number one seed versus the tenth seed Miami Florida. That kicks off Monday, January nineteenth at seven thirty.
Speaker 1: If the Hurricanes should win that game, that will be one of the great upsets in all of the history of college football. Ain't gonna happen. I don't think. Watching Indiana play last night.
Speaker 3: The early look ahead lines is looking about a five and a half to seven and a half point favorite. I think if Miami doesn't turn the ball over, they will stand a chance. But Indiana, if they just play their discipline, dominant football, it's gonna be a long night.
Speaker 1: Court Signetti is absolutely bar none, the best coach in college football, There's no question about it. Yeah, and part of that Saban coaching tree.
Speaker 3: No doubt. What else we got college basketball today? Big day of college basketball. Xavier host the Providence Friars this afternoon, tip a seven four pm. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty right here on seven hundred at WLW. Kentucky host Mississippi State as the Wildcats look to avoid an zero to three start in conference. By the way, how my Vanderbilt commodourt's looking. They just beat a hot out Labama tick. I watched the game on Wednesday night. It was absolutely phenomenal. I believe Vanderbilt fans or students have not seen their team lose a home this year.
Speaker 1: Well, and I tell you what, As someone who saw a lot of games in Memorial Gym in Nashville on the Vanderbilt campus back in the eighties and early nineties, I had never heard that place as raucous as it was on Wednesday night. In the victory over Alabama, a great game and go Commodorees. You see women's basketball.
Speaker 3: They looked to build on a huge upset win over Iowa State this last week. Lady Bearcats host seventeenth rank Texas Tech Red Raiders at two pm this afternoon.
Speaker 1: You can listen to.
Speaker 3: That game on Fox Fox Sports thirteen sixties. You see men's basketball. Excuse you see men's basketball back in action tomorrow night on the road against the twenty fifth ranks U SEEF Golden Knights. That game will be right here on seven hundred WLW at four thirty.
Speaker 1: Do we have any NFL playoffs?
Speaker 3: NFL playoff games, We'll be hosting the second one right here on seven hundred WLW tonight between the Packers and the Bears.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you can't get it on regular TV. What is regular TV? I only listen to the radio. Amazon Prime isn't isn't regular TV? You're right? I mean you listen to the radio. It's free. Turn it on. We got it tonight.
Speaker 3: So next Friday and Saturday begins to start the Red season with return of Redsfests to the newly renovated Convention Center. Thirty two days until reds pitchers and catchers report and thirty nine days until position players report for spring training.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, Thank you, mister Liam. It's five forty seven. What are you wearing, by the way, what do you call that's.
Speaker 3: A sweatsuit swag? I don't know if you know anything about having swag, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It looks like something Joe Burrow would wear if he were having a mental breakdown.
Speaker 3: You were locked on to news radio seven hundred WLW some lips on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: As a child, I was taught my great parents to say please and thank you and you're welcome. I don't quite get I appreciate you, although I get that all the time, especially from younger people. It's usually gen Z or maybe some alpha kid whatever. I appreciate the fact that they're showing appreciation, but just thank you is enough. And please. Of course, when I moved here, not originally being from Cincinnati or this area, please was always a civil request, like can I please have some more of that? Can I please have some more? Please? Of course here it's telling someone to repeat themselves because you didn't quite understand it. Please, It's fine. This morning show, as I mentioned a few moments ago, the theme is gratitude, and usually I reserve something like that for Thanksgiving because that's the time you traditionally show gratitude, give thanks and the like. But it was really brought in to focus on three different things, and I'll be highlighting each of these as we move through the morning, and by the way, as I do, I'd like you to take some time, take some stock and think about the things that you are grateful for, truly grateful for. And it could be something very small, it could be the biggest thing in your life. In my case, these are pretty big. Yesterday my wife endured another breast cancer lump back to me at Saint Elizabeth Edgewood, and I am so grateful that their hands were controlled by God Almighty, and I do believe that and the outcome was favorable. We'll know more in the next few days. But everything, and I'm talking about from the very time we entered the facility to the time we left. The people at Sainty Edgeward are our top notch and I'll get into some individual examples as we proceed through the morning. So I'm very, very grateful that God had his hand on the entire operation from start to finish, and in Christa's recovery. She is listening this morning. I think unless she fell back asleep, and she did fall back asleep, who can blame her after going through what she went through yesterday. But the people who assisted us and were God's hands in that were absolutely the best. We couldn't have asked for more. I'm of course grateful for the people who regularly appear on this program. From Dick from Dayton, who was waiting in the wings to talk to us again as he does almost every Saturday morning. To lady Lynette, who we have not heard from on the phone lines yet. I'm sure there's a darn good reason, and we pray that Lynette is okay. Can't go through us Saturday without a little momometry in our lives. Dave from Harrison and Old Radio, Rick Washburn, what a gem of a guy, is absolutely wonderful, the Gang from Ripley, Steve from ETNA, who will be back in the next hour with one of his weekly thoughtful commentaries on news of the day and historical notes that he has taken. Steve Shulty, Tom Davis. Really really thankful for Tom because he donates a lot of time, and I mean donates a lot of time out of his life to put together his Thomas Davis Diaries every week at no charge to me or iHeartMedia. And he's been doing it now for going on twelve years. Can that even be right? Thankful for Jim Lebarber, the music professor. How blessed am I and you by proxy because you get to enjoy him every Saturday if you listen to the program to know one of the truly great radio legends that's ever cracked open a mic in this town. And he'll be back this morning. God willing science, Mike brother, Rick Green literally a godsend. That Teresa who's been surprisingly one of my favorite parts of the show. And I say surprisingly because well you'll hear her later if you keep listening. And of course Moe Egger one of the most thoughtful voices in sports radio. I'm thankful for all of it, and this morning I am giving extra thanks and thanks to you. It's five point fifty four seven of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, January tenth, twenty twenty six. You think it's hard remembering to write a check, but nobody writes checks anymore. To remember the new year this early on, But do you have to say it. I've almost got to remind myself that, yeah, we flipped the calendar again, which is just something I knew was coming. You knew it too, But here it is twenty twenty. I cannot even imagine that. It's hard to fathom that we're in twenty twenty six because when I was like twenty years old, was still the nineteen eighties, nineteen eight nineteen eighties. We've seen a new century, a new millennium, and now it's twenty twenty six. Well, I guess that happens. I don't know, and you know what else happens, and I'm grateful that it happens. Is our friend Dave from Harrison joins us or wherever he's calling from. Now, Dave, where are you calling from? If anywhere?
Speaker 6: The man cave, Gary, Jeff, the man cave.
Speaker 1: I've seen your man cave. It's it's like a little corner corner office that's stuffed with dad joke books. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yes, I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen. I've seen where you sit when you're on Saturday Mornings with us, if you're in your home in the supposed what you call the man cave. I've seen exactly where you sit at the desk. You've got like your own resolute desk. You're like President Trump, only not.
Speaker 2: Pass on Alan Geary.
Speaker 6: Jeff Well extremely pleased that Chris to come third procedure answered prayer.
Speaker 1: Uh you know what. And I am so thankful to you and to your wife Kathy and everyone else who was on this massive prayer chain that made it possible for her to come through. We're so grateful for everyone's prayers. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Jeff, I have good news. It's really really cool.
Speaker 6: You and the Prof's birthday on the twenty second I.
Speaker 1: Believe of December.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we were.
Speaker 6: Able to come in and be part of your show, your WILLI Show.
Speaker 1: It was great to have you here. Wait wait, wait, wait, Dave, Dave, you said my Willie show, my Willie show that that has that has other connotations. I was in for Bill Cunningham or Willie. So it wasn't exactly a Willie show because it was a WILLI show. That just sounds like something else.
Speaker 6: But you we gave you and the birthday cards with cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: This past week, Jeff.
Speaker 7: In the mail, we got a book, a signed autograph, well from.
Speaker 1: The prof from the music professor. Yeah, I love his book book.
Speaker 6: An appreciation of you know, just reaching out to him. I thought that was just made my life, you know, Jeff, I don't know if I told you this also, but uh I finally found.
Speaker 2: My backup lighter. You know how I did it? Well, Well, it was going b B B.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave, Yeah, what's a fancy fish called so phisticated?
Speaker 2: Sophisticated?
Speaker 7: I like that, Yeah, yeah, sophisticated, go ahead data.
Speaker 6: You know, I used to have a job collecting leads.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you I was raking into it.
Speaker 5: And Elasman not last.
Speaker 6: A big shout out to the person who invented zero, Dave, What that's a shame?
Speaker 8: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: This guy has thrilled a lot of radio afficionados over the years. Right here on this show and in his little basement workplace in the Pineapple Museum, Old Radio Rick is back for another bite at the Old Apple. Good Morning, Old Radio Rick. I am thankful for you.
Speaker 5: I'm good morning Gary, Jeff. You know you mentioned I appreciate you. That always makes me feel weird. It also makes it makes it makes me feel sad when the utes of today say no problem instead of you're welcome, yeah, because it makes me think like you're saying you weren't glad to assist, but at least you weren't put out too much.
Speaker 1: That That's one I forgot, Yeah, no problem. The other one that you hear a lot is of course I like that better than I like that better than no problem. Of course.
Speaker 5: Like Murray and I get into this thing in public where one of us will say I love you, and here one says, well, yeah, just for the entertainment of others. Hey, I'm grateful to you and Chris the two point zero for all the love and support you've given.
Speaker 1: To me and Murray or the year likewise, geez.
Speaker 5: And I'm grateful to all the wonderful people who I've crossed paths with because of you on this wacky radio journey, not only those who've shown me the patients of job, but those who haven't but also haven't slashed my tires. I appreciate all of you.
Speaker 1: So how are you receaving us this morning? Ricky?
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you four x four this morning. I think it's mostly due to the warm fronts coming through making a mockery of the eyeonosphere.
Speaker 1: But it's a.
Speaker 5: Nineteen twenty six Earla mon donnic monodic.
Speaker 1: What did you say? Let's try that again. It's a one hundred year old radio. But what's the brand.
Speaker 5: It's an Earla, but the model is monodic S fifty now monaudic. It was called led many to call it the single Richard. Okay, that's completely false. But for those of you playing at home, if you've got the beer reference, then put yourself down for two bonus points and twenty s and H green stamps. This set is an old, very early TRF. Of course, nineteen twenty six everything's early. Then it's got two separate tuning dials that ad just three different tuning capacitors, so one's doing double duty. Still makes it interesting. The tune stations. But the TRF had superior audio quality but not great selectivity, so you have to kind of use both tuning dials.
Speaker 1: So to tune in one station, you've got to move two knobs.
Speaker 5: That's right, and you can move one in one direction, the other in the other direction, and then pick up the station again. That gave you the ability if you had two stations that were like right on top of each other, you can pick them up on a two RERAF at the same time. This could separate them out a little bit. But it's a battery tabletop wood radio. It's beautiful thing. And it could run on a six volt storage battery and sixteen nine volt batteries. But I'm using power supplies and the tour can just fine. Okay, Hey, let's go to the catalog, shall we.
Speaker 1: Wow, they had catalogs back in nineteen twenty six.
Speaker 5: This is amazing they did, and some people could read. Now, I said it build this phenomenal new radio in forty five minutes. The revolutionary Earla Sirkloyd five factory built kit spelt bilt is forty nine dollars and fifty.
Speaker 1: Cents, so they could read what they couldn't spell.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it's factory built. But it's a kit. Huh oh, well it continues, ready cut, flexible, thaughderless leads makes it ridiculously easy to wire, so the radio comes complete, except you have to connect a handful of wires literally. I guess the idea was to suggest that you're saving money, and you also want to claim you built the thing. Anyways, amazing new inductance principle britains results hardly thought possible. Isn't bragging about that. It isn't new principles of inductance like new laws of physics. It didn't know we could think. So send for the book Better Radio Reception, all right, hold on, So inductance principles didn't change because of anything the company did. But nonetheless, buy this book and how to string an antenna and it'll work great. Finally, now anyone can build the finest of receivers and only a few minutes. Wait a minute, it was forty five minutes earlier in the article.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, a few is relative. You know how much time you actually have. So if you've got an hour to live, if you've got an hour to live and build the radio in that hour, it's interminably long forty five minutes. I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: That if you failed miserably assembling toys Christmas morning, and never mind trying to build furniture for Mykia, you could probably still do this one.
Speaker 1: You know what I love? This is what I can't do. Other people are just fine doing it. You'd be great at it because you're just good at this kind of stuff. I cannot learn. How do you put anything together from watching a YouTube video? I can't.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: And the first problem with the scenario is you better pick the right YouTube video. That's the thing. Yeah, exactly, I don't know what I'm doing, but here let me show everyone else how not to do it. I remember a car that Murray had one time. You need to figure out how to get the top off the engine. So he replace a spark plug and the first thing the guy grabbed the chrow bar.
Speaker 1: No, not a good sign. Not a good all right, Ricky? Well, thank you that again.
Speaker 5: That's the What was the brand name URLOW, which actually stands for Electrical Research Laboratories of Chicago, Illinois.
Speaker 1: And the model was a Mono Dick. Yes, that's fifty a Mono Dick. Acwer do you remember the key the heath kits from Radio Shack.
Speaker 5: Well those were two different things. But yeah, the heath kit, heath kits from Heath and then Zenas bought them out later. I built a couple of those when I was when I was a kid, and yeah they were awesome.
Speaker 1: How easy were those to put together? Easier than this one?
Speaker 5: Oh heavens no, No, that was. You've got a box of parts and a set of encyclopedias with instructions, and you better pay attention.
Speaker 1: To learn how it was to learn how to put a radio together. Go online to Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. Thank you, sir. Good morning, bright and bushy tailed. Well that's the Beaver anyway at Brookies on main Street there on Ripley. Here we have we I know Doug's there, I know that the green hornets there. Who else is Lisa?
Speaker 9: I'm wait, don't have a us.
Speaker 5: We are buzz list this morning, so we don't know where he's at.
Speaker 1: Well, as long as long as he's safe somewhere, question, as long as he.
Speaker 2: What's that the Diry's out on that one?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, no Darren either, I'm assuming no, no, Well, I tell you, look if he didn't have. If he didn't have a queen of hearts drawing on, he just kind of takes it. He's kind of a slacker, isn't he. No, you know what, here's the thing. This guy who owns this bar where you guys call me from every Saturday morning has another job. I mean, listen, any anybody that's ever owned a restaurant or a bar knows that it is a more than full time uh if you want to keep the doors open, and you know, I'm sure he's he's had a struggle in the past doing that. But just the same way he goes out. And doesn't he work for a farmer.
Speaker 2: Or something too, Yes, yes he does.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's his vacation away from there from here.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you know, the only other option would be going to jail with the cook. But the coak's out of jail, so.
Speaker 5: I fire out yesterday. So there we're assuming there's food here tonight.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent? Any entertainment there at Brookies tonight or just just olive.
Speaker 5: The board is clean up there, there's nothing on it. Well, if Oliver's out, he would be entertainment. I know, Buzz would be good entertainment too. I had to figure out. It looks like Buzz is having like a yard sale up at his house there. I'm not sure what happening.
Speaker 1: Isn't that like every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This week more so?
Speaker 1: Right, yep, so, oh, it's amazing. Well listen, tell everybody, Goober says hey, and it's good to talk to you as always, Sherry. What's the weather forecast?
Speaker 10: Honey, Oh, the weather's going to go downhill. It's be halfway decent today. Then it's going to get colder. And they dance some snow flurries on Sunday night and this's and that. So all right, get your warm coats out, all.
Speaker 1: Right, keep your keep your beaver warm for sure. All right, guys, have a fantastic weekend. Thank you, bye bye. It's coming up on six forty and our friend, another friend that I am grateful for, is already waiting in the wings, and I don't know if his breath has been baited yet or not. But usually Steve from Edna, Ohio with news of the week and more coming up. All was thankful for his thoughtful commentaries and observations. The headlines of the day and the history of yesterday and how it relates to Now, my friend Steve fer Met in Ohio first and foremost. This morning, Steven, we're talking about, you know, when people want to know where did all of those tax dollars go at nine billion at least in Minnesota alone, at least seven hundred million went through the airport in Minneapolis straight to Somalia. Correct, Oh yeah.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I got this report. And by the way, news changes and flows so damn fast that you know on Monday and Tuesday, I have a preliminary report I'm ready to go with. Wisely, I waited until yesterday to hear everything that had happened in the meantime, and there was plenty and this was a big story. Glenn Beck, who appears on a lot of iHeartRadio stations and the New York Posts have investigative reporters in Minnesota, and they came up with this gem. Yes, seven hundred million dollars in suitcases, I assume maybe a million dollars eat to the International Airport in Minneapolis. Absolutely amazing over a twenty month period, and all of that money went to Somalia. Now that was the report. It raised a hell of a lot of questions. Do they X ray, do they ask you to open your suitcase when you go through the Minneapolis airport. And how many times did they do it? Was it seven hundred? Was it three hundred and fifty? I found this story absolutely amazing, and it copped the one about the woman being shot by the cop absolutely amazing. The second story this week, this actually did occur earlier in the week. Mom Donnie has some fruitcake, white chick. It's amazing how white people are involved in Minnesota and New York now and all of the crazy stuff that's going on, which is anti white. But she wants to kick white people out of their rent enforced and controlled abode in Manhattan. And I heard this and I thought, my god, is this a game of can you match? Can you top this? Every week they come up with something like this, and I'm getting ahead himself. The twenty twenty one Infrastructure Bill, which we talked about two three years ago, was it started about three point five three point seven trillion dollars. I think it got pared down to one point seven at the end. But you got to read the whole bill. When they come up with this crap, you can't trust the titles. And what we found in that bill was a grant proposal for the States if they promoted multi family dwellings and soon even as I saw this, I thought, oh wow, the single family home is going out the window. They don't like that, And of course it was amazing. At the time we pointed out that every major Democrat in this country has at least one Obama has three homes, and they're all single family homes, and they're all detached. And I will use the word detached because it reminds me of a real estate show that I used to watch on BBC, and it was really interesting to see really expensive homes where if it's attached to the home next to it, maybe on either side, it is cheaper than the single family detached home. And I thought, why did they do this in Britain? But I just put it aside. But this brought back memories of that. Uh, just just think about what they're trying to do. They are attacking homesteads. And the last thing that I wanted to mention this was a gratifying report. Of all the stories that have popped up along the border, this one pleased me the most. We have a bunch of ranchers, we have a bunch of farmers, who own land that's contiguous obviously to the river, and they obviously got overrun every day for four years. Uh and the sith they could not maintain their properties. And I thought to myself was wait a minute, wait a minute. Was this intentional by the administration to destroy the single family farm?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 11: I saw pictures this week video these ranchers, and by the way, a lot of them are Hispanic. I just thought i'd mentioned that. And they are cleaning their fields, they are farming their fields, they're you know, taking care of cattle and that sort of thing as they normally would do. Think about this, folks, the single family farm, which is a mainstay of the American economy, the single family home. They are trying to destroy this, And that was what I gathered from this week.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Well, Steve, I think it's a fantastic report. I'm glad you brought it to light this morning. And what I think is that they're trying to eliminate individual autonomy. Of course, our Constitution was written for the individual. It wasn't written for the collective. It wasn't written for the greater good. It was to give the individual, the hm, the her, their children. Individual rights, not collective rights. And they're coming right out in New York City and saying the collective mom, Donnie and the woman that Steve Resference does see a Weaver who famously in twenty twenty one said that especially white people should have no rights to have individual home ownership. We should reimagine that very very commy. It's not even socialist. It's communist. Anytime someone talks about the collective over the individual, no matter what that individual's skin, it's communism and it's evil and it's killed more people over the last century than any other form of government or social order. And that's what there I just saw this morning. There is a proposed bill in the state of Massachusetts to limit how many miles you can drive because they don't want your freedom of movement, your individual freedom of movement. We saw a lot of that in the early COVID restrictions. It was wrong then, it's wrong now. Ray in Loveland, Brother Scott, I am so grateful for you. How are you this morning?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning, my friend, good morning, and God's blessing to your dear sweet wife, Krista. I'm so overjoyed to hear about the great care she's receiving, and we join our prayers now as we have in the past and as we shall in the future, for her complete and full recovery.
Speaker 11: God.
Speaker 7: Amen, praise, very very very thankful for the care she received, Thankful for God's relentless pursuit of her and all of us. It's just a beautiful, beautiful thing. And I love your topic this morning. I'm very thankful for you and a leave on this note. On this note, and that is family and friends will feed you when money will fail you. And I'm very thankful to have friends like you and Christ in our little happy, happy bunch this morning. So God bless you, brother, all the very best.
Speaker 1: Thank you for feeding me literally over the years and spiritually. Brother into another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, January tenth, twenty twenty six. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, you or you, and that is perfectly fine with me. Rejoice, all us pray, continually, give thanks and all circumstance for this is God's will for you and Christ. Jesus Amen. It's a gratitude show this morning, and it's not even Thanksgiving. Steve Sulty, good morning, my friend, Good morning, Gary Jeff grateful for you. And I saw your text about praying for Christ on a daily basis. He's in your daily prayers. We appreciate that, along with everybody else who took time, who knew what was going on with her to petition in front of the Lord for her, and well, surprise, surprise, it worked.
Speaker 2: Very good, very good.
Speaker 12: So, as I said in my text earlier, taking a little bit different taxes this morning. I know you always like to hear things about, you know, climate change and the hope that it is so on and so forth. But anyway, saw something this past week. For many many years, probably many decades actually, I've been I've supported an organization called Property Environment and Environment Research Center of the NINEUS PERK and Bozeman, Montana.
Speaker 13: UH.
Speaker 12: They combine free in voluntary markets, property rights and with conservation. So if anybody's interested at p e ERC dot org. SO got their winter issue of PERK Reports and had a lot of nice little stuff in it, but two of them caught my eye. I know a lot of people, you know, know about the Endangered Species Act and how bad it is giving people incentives to shoot, shovel and shut up. So Perk's legal wins shapes new Endangered Species reformed. The US Fish and Wildlife Services proposed to overhaul parts of the Endangered Species Act policy and particularly rescinding the controversial quote blanket four D rule for threatened species, as well as other broader changes of captat designation, consulting standards, and topics. The announcement follows Perk and the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation's successful joint lilitication challenging the agency's reliance on this one size fits.
Speaker 5: All four D rule.
Speaker 12: And we hear that a lot in bureaucracies, one size that all exactly Steve.
Speaker 1: For those who don't, what is the four D rule.
Speaker 12: Well, basically they look at everything, not species specific, but one size fits all, whether it's a threatened fish or bird or cat or whatever. One size fits all. So now they want to they're they're making they want They litigated this case and one and now the US What Dish Wildlife Service has to do proposed reforms and they have been proposed h to restore Congress's original intent, which is tailored, science driven rules and that reward conservation. So you know, rules change, whether you're looking at a fish, a bird, you know, a rat, whatever. So Uh, this is a great step in helping actually to promote recovery and conservation versus what is happening before is punishing people again in the past. If in the past, if you found something that you thought was a threatened species, you you know the rule was, I mean, what became is shoot shovel, shovel and shut up. The last thing you wanted to do is a threatened species on your property. Basically the government took it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This this allows for customized species specific regulations for threatened species under the Endangered Species Act, enabling tailored conservation measures measures rather than applying blank and endangered species prohibition.
Speaker 2: So you got it.
Speaker 1: You got flexibility to permit specific low impact activities like certain land management or agricultural practices, while protecting the species from significant harm. You got it, all right. I didn't know it. I gurgled it. Go ahead.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 12: The next one, the title caught my eye. So that's why I read it and said, for beavers, it's one damn thing after another, of course.
Speaker 14: Oh okay.
Speaker 12: Two new studies highlight just how effective fevers are at creating rich, diverse wetlands, out performing human built ponds by a wide margin. Researchers found that beaver engineered sites hosted twice as many hoverflies and nearly fifty percent more butterflies and a broader diversion of bats than comparable human made ponds or free flowing streams. The findings added to a growing body of evans said fevers are powerful, low cost partners and watershed restoration, route resilience, and ham aitat creation.
Speaker 14: As landowners and agency.
Speaker 12: Seek scalable tools for ecological improvement, these ecological engineers continue to demonstrate to sometimes the best restoration strategy is simply giving nature.
Speaker 5: Room to work.
Speaker 1: How about that the Army Corps of Engineer needs to hire some beavers.
Speaker 12: So basically, what if you want to improve your ecological area of a stream and whatnot create something that beavers will love to habitat, and you know, at very low costs or no costs.
Speaker 1: All right, So I am grateful for beavers this morning, Steve, thank you on this show of gratitude. I am grateful for our next segment. I got named Tom Davis worked here in the news department at seven hundred WLW up till I forget when Tom left. But back in twenty fifteen, I asked the news director Jeff Henderson, the guy who was in charge of the news department at the time, another great guy, good news director. I said, because Tom usually did the news in the mornings, and I said, if Tom has time, I'd like him for a segment on Saturday morning show. And Jeff's only thing was he said, Okay, you can't get into politics, because that was back when news departments still were more straight down the middle and didn't get into commentary and politics in their newscasts. I said, no, that's fine. I'm thinking about maybe having him just look for wild news stories from around the country, kind of like smoking gun stuff, fark the onion, just wild different stories from around the nation, around the world, and he could do a report on that, And so Jeff gave the green light and Tom wanted to do it. Tom has an extensive history in broadcasting, not just news. Today, Tom's at a classic rock station in Indianapolis, and like I said, he left our employee a long long time ago. But when he did leave, I said, Tom, can you still do the diaries thing on Saturday Morning? He checked with his bosses and I checked here and there were no conflicts, no problems with that, and even though he doesn't get paid a dime, he does research every week and puts together these little minute and a half two minute news casts of wacky stuff that you hear every Saturday morning. So I'm grateful that Tom. And when he takes a week off, it doesn't affect his pay at all because he's not getting paid a dime for doing it. And I joke with him about that. He still continues to do it anyway, because he he loves being on the air, And I'm gonna assume that means he loves being on the air on my show, because after all these years of not working here anymore, he still does these reports. And here is another one of the Tom Davis diaries I like to refer to as the and you know what it is. And here's this week's crop a weird crap from all over the country. Tom Davis, please, good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 15: This week, her name is Wendy and she knows exactly where the beef is. But first in winter Haven, Florida, my man recently broke into a home to use the microwave. John Crookham left his wallet behind and told cops he was hungry and just wanted to eat some hot pockets and some Vienna saw messages. The homeowner found the wall with John's ID and credit cards inside.
Speaker 1: He was charged with burglary.
Speaker 15: Meanwhile, in Uzbekistan, a woman is lucky to be alive after a set of birthday cake sparklers exploded in her face. The birthday girl was receiving her cake from friends when the sparklers touched a hydrogen filled balloon and exploded. The blaze lasted only a few seconds, but it was so big that it engulfed the entire doorway.
Speaker 1: Luckily, nobody was hurt.
Speaker 15: In Louisiana, a woman was recently arrested after attacking a cop while swimming nude in a private pond. Aaron Elizabeth Sutton claimed that she was quote trying to be a mermaid unquote. She resisted officers and even charged at one kicking and punching.
Speaker 1: She was charged with battery and criminal trespassing.
Speaker 15: And Finally, a Florida tattoo shop owner, Wendy Marshall was going viral because she eats two pounds of raw meat on a daily basis. Her favorite cuts include ground chuck, Colt Cuts US, and Porterhouse. Wendy says the meat causes her to burp loudly. Wendy has been eating raw meat since childhood, when she and her grandmother used to chew the fat off of it. Next week, the seventy five year old lady pretending to be a cop tasering people in the Walmart parking lot.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. You into another hour of this Saturday morning edition The Gratitude Show, and this next guy I'm definitely grateful for by the way, Chris to two point zero. Of course, I'm grateful you, dear, grateful that you're on the mend, on the way to feeling better. I have a surprise for you when I get home. Not another word, thanks, brother Ray Scott of Lovelin. Now, this guy has been dutifully giving us some kind of scientific information on this program, but almost as well as long as I can remember science.
Speaker 8: As a night scientist hit surprising all, binding me.
Speaker 1: With and yet another science minute on a Saturday. Good morning, Michael, how are.
Speaker 2: You Gratitude Saturday?
Speaker 1: Yes, sad to be here, Great to be here.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 16: I've heard Steve segment earlier. I was pro beaver before Hugh Beaumont. So let me just tell you that.
Speaker 1: Lord if you if you got that reference, you're as old as us. Thank you.
Speaker 16: So this is a kind of science, but it's business related. Also, I can't believe this hasn't hit hit your news yet because yesterday Meta, which is Facebook, signed and the dollar amount was not disclosed.
Speaker 2: They signed a.
Speaker 16: Huge nuclear power deal with three nuclear power plans. I'll explain why this relates that directly to us here, but to get six point six gigawatts, that's enough power to power over five million homes by twenty thirty five. Now, the three companies that they that they made a deal with Terra Power, Oklow and Vistra, and I'll get to the specifics of Viscera. It's very interesting. But Terra Power they're going to build Meta and they've already have two of them under contract, but six more SMR small module reactors they called Natrium reactors where they're based on sodium cooling science.
Speaker 2: They don't know where these.
Speaker 16: Reactors are going to be built yet, they may be built around in this area. And explain why because currently Meta has a huge data center facility being built in New Albany, Ohio, which is outside Columbus, and that's going to take about one gigawats to power. The other company, these two Vistra. You may remember Vistra. They change their name. They were called First Energy, yep, and First Energy runs Davis Bessie and they also run Ferry. And you might remember those two because a guy named Larry Householder got sent up the river because he took a little bit of bride money to keep those in existence for the voting, remember all that going down about five years ago. He really didn't need to do that because now Vistra is going to be paid by Meta to not only buy over two years people WoT the power from them, and also renew their license for the next twenty years and expand the plants. Okay, so that's a huge thing for northern Ohio. I don't know if it's good for the area. But and you've been up there to see oak Harver, right, you've been up.
Speaker 1: By Yeah, the cloud maker is they call.
Speaker 16: Clouds, That's what my kids always called it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And the second the third company, Darry Jeff is Oaklow. Now Oaklow is going to is going to build a one point two giggle why a nuclear reactor down in Pike County for Meta. So, uh, this is like a big deal for the state of Ohio for all these reactors that are going to be built and expanded here and in our in our state. So uh, no doubt the technology is there for these reactors to be uh not water based, but sodium based for cooling and uh thermal energy stories for surges and things like that. So this is uh it's interesting to read read about.
Speaker 1: Well President President Trump's trying to do everything you can to get our gas prices down. What about our electric prices? That's that's what it'll mean something to me.
Speaker 16: I know. I just try to see if we get to foot the bill for this thing or metas paying for all this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought all I thought all the data centers were paying for their own power.
Speaker 16: So well, well, yeah, go check your electric rates from three years ago to now your costs right exactly.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, Michael. Have a great Saturday, eight eleven at seven underd wl do for several years now has been bringing us the Word of God every Saturday morning with the Bible verse of the day. Brother. It's great to have you back. How are you, Jerry?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 17: And I love what I do and I'm thankful to God that you decided to do this. But GRT, my mind's a little all over the place right now, this time of year, I'm always thinking about praying Rain and the batement at the house, Garry.
Speaker 1: I'm praying to.
Speaker 17: God will help us financially, bear to get the basement professionally, or bless us with another home, because every year I know upcoming, Garry, and it's a heart bothering you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know you've got several thousand dollars worth of work to secure your foundation there at the house, Rick, and we will be praying for you and and joining you in that that petition to try and get some kind of solution.
Speaker 17: Well, thank you, Gary, And none of that has anything to do with me.
Speaker 2: And Gods would, they said.
Speaker 17: I love him and I trust him and his work for today is First Peter Chapter one, Birth fifteen. It said, but just let's who haul you is holy Betrol, Holy and all you do.
Speaker 1: I'm letting that soak in today, found at the work up today Birth Peter. All right, Rick, thank you so much, and we'll be praying for you and your family in your home situation. That's you. Two from that we go to that Teresa Boyd, I'm thankful that she stumbled in to the show and became a part of it. How you doing this.
Speaker 13: Morning, dear, I am finer than the from Bosses on a mosquito, My good man, Gary Jets, how are you feeling today?
Speaker 9: Hello, Christa?
Speaker 13: I love you.
Speaker 9: I don't care who knows anyway.
Speaker 13: You know, there are quite a few reasons why I shouldn't be here right now, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 14: But there's only one.
Speaker 1: Reason I am, and that's God.
Speaker 13: And I am grateful every morning that I wake up and I can breathe and I can function as well.
Speaker 1: I'm a female.
Speaker 2: As long as my mind and.
Speaker 14: My mouth work, I'm good to go.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 13: That's my motto in life readings and salutations, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 2: Oneon on.
Speaker 13: Belizima, which is good morning, beautiful.
Speaker 5: I love you, Christa.
Speaker 13: Sweet the sweet things interesting sitting since since we're in the the vein sweet the sweet though, Frankie.
Speaker 14: The Wonder Cat.
Speaker 13: You know, today's word is an acronym, and we all know an acronym is a word made of.
Speaker 9: Something like nas, so on and so forth.
Speaker 13: Okay, now, I am not going to take credit for this what this anachronym stands for, but I am.
Speaker 9: I am taking.
Speaker 13: Credit for bringing a new word into the vocabulary of y'all in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 14: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's humans.
Speaker 14: H u m as head up my s syndrome.
Speaker 9: That is because of all the stuff that's going around now.
Speaker 13: Several times in your life.
Speaker 9: I don't care who you are, you have had this, this, you have had this this whatever.
Speaker 13: Malad thank you, oh good word, see another reason I love you?
Speaker 9: Sorry Christ anyway.
Speaker 13: Now, there's several degrees of this. There's mild, moderate, excuse me, and chronic.
Speaker 14: Okay, people's fact.
Speaker 13: The people who have this, they suffer from a lack of common sense, lows all the esteem, improper no thought process. Yes, there's a cure, okay, mindfulness, open mindedness, education, tolerance in the sense that we tolerate you for being a goofball, but please listen to us. You can look how you want to look, you can act how you want to act, but use respect, mindfulness, be aware of your surroundings because it's not just your space, it's our space too.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 14: God, bless you, God, bless you all, Love you all.
Speaker 7: Good day.
Speaker 1: Do not have to suffer needlessly from humans. That Teresa, it's eight nineteen running sel W sport li Liam Tomlinson hopping in with some hoop action today, right Liam.
Speaker 3: The Miami RedHawks moved to seventeen and oh after eighty seven seventy three when last night or that's Alito rockets the North with a eighty five sixty seven win over at Milwaukee. They are back in action tomorrow at two on ESPN fifteen thirty. Today, Xavier host Providence. Tip is set for four. Pregame coverage begins at three thirty. Right here on seven hundred WLW, Kentucky host Mississippi State. The Wildcats look to avoid an zero to three starting conference play. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Tip is set for eight on ESPN fifteen thirty, and the UC women's basketball squad looks to face a top ranked looks to host a top rank seventeenth ranked Texas Tech Creators team. That is at two pm on Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 18: All right, as we continue, I was thinking about the things that I'm grateful for, and I've counted a lot of them this morning, but this is maybe the most important one because tomorrow my parents, Leo and Miriam, will be celebrating their sixty eighth wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: That's right, sixty eight January eleventh, nineteen fifty eight. They were wed. They're the reason I'm here. My brothers are here, and they are still here. I'm thankful for that they're still together. They have survived, and outside of giving me life and given me the tools to get through life, they have also I realized, in the wake of my wife's procedure yesterday and the things we've been to given me the tools to be a good husband, whether I use them or not. And I am trying to utilize every bit of information and every tool they gave me so I could be at least as good a a husband I never will be as my dad has been to my mom. My dad has rheumatoid and soriatic arthritis. He's eighty nine years old. He has to be on oxygen all the time because of respiratory issues I think were brought about by an early unknown case of COVID in twenty nineteen up till then, he was taken along just fine, thank you. Outside of the arthritis. My mother is a machine. She's eighty eight and she is taking care of my dad and carrying the weight that he carried for so many years for our family, and they're both living independently, and I'm grateful for that. But they show me and continue to show me, what it means to be dedicated to another person. They are the living definition of for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, for good or bad, to be all was faithful to the person that you have pledged to be faithful for. Took me a long time to learn these lessons. But as I sat yesterday at Saint e Edgewood waiting for my wife's procedure to be done and believing that everything would be okay, which, by the way, it is, and thank you for all of your prayers, and then had to assist her into the car, out of the car, make sure she was as comfortable as possible yesterday, and take care of her, I once again was reminded of what love is really all about. It's about taking care of each other. And if you have that, you have everything you need. You don't need anything else in your life. And my mom and dad have taught me that. And I know there may come a day we know not when they won't be around, but they still will be with me in that way, and I am eternally grateful that God bless me with those parents. I'm sorry. So I guess my message in all of this is, no matter what you've got, be thankful for what you do have. And if you feel like you don't have anything, understand that there are people who have or believe they have less than you do. And I'm trying to remember that as well. Food for thought. It's eight twenty seven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Full price when you can customize WLW good Morning Kids, time full gifts for Walley.
Speaker 1: Life happens whether you want it to or not. The guy's asleep in bed as telephone suddenly rings middle of the night. Hello, Signor Rod, this is Ernesto, the caretaker at your country house. Ah, yes, er Neesto. What can I do for you? Is there a problem? I'm just calling to advise you. Signor Rod. At your parrot. He is dead. My parrot, the one that won the international competition. He's dead, see Signor. That's the one that's a pity. I spent a small fortune on that bird. What did he die from? From eating the rotten meat? Signor Rod? Rotten meat? Who the heck fed the parrot rotten meat. No one, Senor he ate the met of the meat of the dead horse. Dead horse? What dead horse? The thoroughbd? The thoroughbred, Senor Rod, My prize thoroughbred is dead. Yes, Senor Rod, he died from all that work pulling the water cart? Are you insane? What water cart? The one we used to put out the fire? Signior good Lord? What fire are you talking about, man? The one at your house? Signor A candle fell in the curtain, caught on fire. Are you saying that my mansion is destroyed because of a candle? See Signor Rod. But there's electricity at the house. What was the candle for for the funeral? Senor Rod? What plully funeral? Your wife? Senior Rod. She showed up very late one night, and I thought she was a thief, so I hit her with the new tailor made super caught four sixty golf club, Ernesto. If you broke that club, you were in big trouble. Good morning, twenty minutes till the top of the hour, Saturday Morning edition, seven hundred WLW. I'm forgetting now how many years it was ago that I asked Scott Reinhardt, who's still the program director here, I said, have this idea, what about putting Moegger on the show talking sports every day? He said, I think that's an excellent idea. You know, I was looking to grab the the younger part of the audience, you know, because it's been so many years ago that I thought of Mo as younger demographic and now I still think of him as Moegger. And I'm very grateful that he's on the show every but not necessarily for the younger demographic. I was originally reaching for.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mo.
Speaker 1: Thirteen years thirteen years. See, I was appealing to a younger demographic then, wasn't I?
Speaker 2: You were?
Speaker 1: I just I mean, I just thought, you know, here, I am, this this old radio dude and doing this show, and a lot of the people were older who were on the show. I said, let's let's grab you know, a relatively younger kind of guy to talk sports that everybody knows and every but it relates to and moegar and thirteen years. That's that's incredible, man, Thanks.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you.
Speaker 14: What I was doing thirteen years ago on Friday nights is dramatically different than what I do on Friday nights now. So yeah, I think the quality of a Saturday morning phone call has probably improved because of that, but markedly years.
Speaker 1: I would say so yes, And I think I in turn not to you know, separate his shoulder, patting myself on the back. I think I've gotten better at approaching this segment and asking you stuff, because you know, there's been some Saturday mornings in past years where I just kind of bumbling around doing just a generic kind of sports conversation. So toward that end, let's talk about the elephant in the room, which almost doesn't fit in the room because it's so big, and that is the Indiana Hoosiers and their continual march towards what seems to be an inevitable college football championship. Last night, MO, I gotta tell you, I'm like, I'm hesitant. It'd been a long day yesterday with my wife at the hospital and coming home, and we got up early and I said, you know, I'm not going to be able to stay awake for this game, even though it was on relatively early comparison to other sporting events on TV. And I didn't have to wait long to figure out the outcome that was great.
Speaker 14: A game was over. Let's see it kicked off what seven, Yeah, was over I think by eighty five, so you could you can be.
Speaker 16: By nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 14: Indiana was the number one seed going into the college football playoffs, so it's it's not surprising in the least that they're playing for a national championship. I think the ease with which they have throttled the bluest of blue bloods in Alabama and a very good Oregon team in consecutive playoff games is frankly shocking, and maybe it shouldn't be. But you know, I don't recall anybody who follows this sport closely who thought Indiana's gonna get to the championship game, and they'll do so on the heels of just two absolute bludgeonings. They are an absolute machine. They've got the best quarterback in the country, the Heisman Trophy winner, weapons all over the place. They're physical, they can run with anybody downfield, they can beat at the line of scrimmage. On defense, like, I don't know what the weakness is now, They're gonna play a good Miami team that's very physical upfront. But man, it's been something to behold. The ease with which they have dominated the two teams they have played, frankly on the heels of dominating Ohio State's offense, they didn't necessarily dominate the game.
Speaker 5: It was a close game right up until.
Speaker 14: Last couple of minutes. But if you just if you didn't watch Indiana all season long, but you were aware of the story and thought, okay, it's kind of cute, think about what they have done in their last three games. They beat Ohio State, the defending national champion, the team that was number one in the country all year long. Beat Alabama, and it might not have been your typical Alabama team. They didn't win by seven points or ten points or a field goal in the last second. They beat them by thirty five. And then to do what they did to Oregon last night, completely and totally deconstruct them, and in all three the sets of circumstances on neutral fields is remarkable and awesome, and it's almost impossible to imagine them not beating the Miami Hurricanes a week from Monday.
Speaker 1: Night, looking past the CFP, I was watching Fernando Mendoza and and he's not the whole story with Indiana. Obviously, Kurt Signetti is the biggest part of that story because he brought these players together and brought this coaching staff together, and he's in the Nick Saban co coaching tree and all those things. He obviously is a great motivator and I think he's the biggest part of this Indiana success story. But watching Fernando Mendoza last night, mow and through these games, he's NFL ready right now. He he could go into any he could go into any NFL team situation, and he's ready to play. And I just hope the New York Jets do not ruin him too.
Speaker 14: Well. The good news is the New York Jets don't have the number one overall picking the tracks who has the number one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but.
Speaker 14: Correct. But I'll say this if if you remember the two thoy nineteen NFL or A college football season, LSU gets to the college football playoffs, which obviously at the time was two teams. Joe Burrow had won the Heisman Trophy, the Bengals were obviously careening toward having the number one overall pick, which they wrapped up in their second to last game with the season, and so there were a lot of Bengals fans who maybe didn't follow college football back closely or didn't really watch LSU, who I think tuned in excuse me, specifically to the playoff to watch Joe Burrow because they had heard, okay, they'd got the number one pick. It's going to be this Burrough guy. Let's see what he does. And if you remember that day, he went out in the semi final and absolutely destroyed the Oklahoma Sooners, and then a week or so later towards completely towards Clemson in the National Championship game, and I just remember how giddy I felt as a Bengals fan watching that, and watching Bengals fans on social media go, holy crap. I remember watching the semifinal game with my wife and she looks at me and she goes, wait a minute, that's gonna be our quarterback next year. And so I certainly understand there's a pretty decent chance that Fernando Mendoza goes to a situation that is untenable for any quarterback who's looking to have almost immediate success. But I put myself in the shoes of a Raiders' fand and I think, how much fun must they be having watching Fernando Mendoza knowing they're gonna get him watching him do what he's doing. I mean, he's been Burrow esque frankly in these in these two playoff games. And so I was thinking about that last night just from a Bengals perspective, watching Burrow play, and by the way, with a lot of folks saying the exact same thing. Hey, uh, Cincinnati's gonna draft this dude and they're going to ruin him. You know, we can debate to what degree that's happened. Yeah, that's gonna be a really fun place if you're a fan of the Las Vegas Makers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I and I. He's a little bit bigger than Burrow, isn't he. I mean as far as overall body weight, I.
Speaker 14: Think with Joe Burrow and I don't think he's you know, Joe has toned himself significantly. I think with Joe there was a there was a if you if you go back to look at that LSU footage, there was a little baby fat to him.
Speaker 5: Uh, it ain't there now, But.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think if you look at the two physical specimens in college, uh, Fernando would be slightly more impressive.
Speaker 5: I'll put it that way.
Speaker 1: The other quarterback involved in last night's game Dante Moore. There had been intimations that he would probably stay in school, and I think that's that's a good call. If if I'm advising Dante more, what about you.
Speaker 14: Mo Yes, And by the way, they can probably make more money playing college football next year than in the NFL. But the one thing you have to consider is I don't think this is top to bottom a great quarterback class. And so you know, it's like Des Riger coming out at U. See, he didn't really come out his college career and died. He was the I think third quarterback taken, and in a different year he.
Speaker 12: Might have been the eighth quarterback taken.
Speaker 14: So I think you have to consider that. But yeah, I would I think most personnel evaluators would suggest that Dante go.
Speaker 5: Back to school.
Speaker 1: Have you seen my Vanderbilt Cavodors play basketball?
Speaker 14: Though I have watched him play Alabama on Tuesday?
Speaker 1: How about that day? I talked to my friend Scott Drought, who of course played at Vanderbilt very well, and he said, not a pretty game. But man, Memorial Gym is back. I've been to several games at Memorial Gym on the Vanderbilt campus, and I remember going back in the eighties and nineties when Vandy had some pretty good hoops teams, But I never heard the place like I heard it on Wednesday night against Alabama, that old place. I mean, they better be checking the foundation because it was rocking.
Speaker 14: Been lucky enough to go to a game there. UC played there when Andy Kennedy was the interim head coach during the two thousand and five two thousand and six season. The Bevercats won the game one of the most unique places you could ever see a college basketball game. Couldn't suggest it more. The Commodore's are ranked seventh in the country. They've beaten a good Missouri team, They've beaten you know, a good LSU team. Like Yes, I watched that game the other night and it was fun to see that place as energized as it was. How about Vanderbilt being really good in both men's basketball.
Speaker 1: And men's football. I know well, as Clark Lee, the Vanderbilt coach, said, with the introduction of NIL and the transfer portal at at a luncheon before the football season started, he said, before, we're really excited because before only the big big players could cheat. Now everybody can cheat. We can cheat too, But.
Speaker 14: You know, what if you think about it, right, if you think about football. So this is going to be the third consecutive year where an SEC team doesn't win the national title. Yeah, right, Now, the SEC loves to tell you how much superior they are. The commissioner of that league will go out of his way to tell you, you know that they should have like every spot failed in the College Football PLAYFF. But what's been a great equalizer. It's been money. And you know, people say, but I think there's some validity to it. Right, The SEC has always been paying players. Now everybody can pay players, and so the field has quite.
Speaker 5: Literally been leveled, yep.
Speaker 14: Where now schools like Indiana can compete in sports that you don't associate them with, and schools like Vanderbilt, which in both highest profile sports have always been drowned out by other higher profile programs, can now compete. It really has to a degree level the playing field, and it's given us. It's given us some newness in both major sports that I think is refreshing.
Speaker 1: All Right, you see n Xavier both playing and trying to write their seasons. Who has the better chance to improve their lot? As we speed towards March mo the Xavier Musketeers are the Bearcats.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, it's it's interesting. I think on one hand, you could say Cincinnati because for all of their issues and they got a ton, they are a really good defensive team. I mean, from a metrics perspective, the reason why they've had a chance to win their last two games has been their ability to defend, and so as we say, you know that travels. I think the problem though, is you look at the schedule and it's you're just having a hard time finding wins with Xavier. You know, they missed an opportunity, to excuse me, the other night, to be who I think is the worst team in the Big East because they couldn't grab a rebound in the second half against Marquette, and so on the other side of things, you could say, well, Xavier's schedule is probably a little bit more forgiving. Now they still have another game against Yukon to play. They've gotta played Saint John's twice, which is not going to be easy by any stretch. But I'm I'll say Xavier for that reason. But for all of the frustration that you see fans feel, and as much as the it feels like the walls are closing in on West Miller. They do defend well enough to stay in games. And if that's the case, you hope that offensively they can find a way to execute laden games to get some victories. But so far that hasn't happened.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you again for being a part of the program now for thirteen years. It's a show about Saturday gratitude and well deserved with you, counselor what's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 16: Real?
Speaker 1: Quickly tell me what's on Saturday midnight.
Speaker 19: Well, we're gonna be talking about Minnesota, both the scandal with the fraud and what's going on with the ice and inspections and all that kind of stuff. Also going to talk about the Hitting family. Want the city to pay them for a homicide that was justified please shooting So it makes no sense Ken Cobra at eleven thirty to talk about that. Janis highs on at ten to talk about the Minnesota stuff.
Speaker 1: It's a miss. Uh real quickly before we go, Lynette, good morning.
Speaker 20: Come to the.
Speaker 1: Church in the world.
Speaker 20: Would oh come to the church in the day. It sound so sweet? Please call Hallly Hall.
Speaker 14: Come to so little Brown.
Speaker 2: Church in the day.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, dear, we're out of time. I'm thankful for you.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry I couldn't get through.
Speaker 1: That's okay. We we love you to death. And we'll talk next week, okay after the show show at Huddles. And I'd be grateful if you'd come by and join us on a Saturday, Saturday midday with Mike Allen next on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Sixteen year olls. You want to recurring on, I mean in marketing