Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada.
Speaker 4: Gas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't crack. He's the under pressure.
Speaker 1: Puss puss puss wolla every damn night.
Speaker 3: Excellent.
Speaker 2: I can't do it selling.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 4: You talk, give me two?
Speaker 3: When will you stop charging us more for Vegan mil though get his week's you We're not ready and what they get you doing?
Speaker 5: What come out.
Speaker 3: The gold Heart Mountaintop Queen directory.
Speaker 1: On the.
Speaker 2: Trust Some Money five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. As we make our way to the bottom of the hour, here just this last segment and then we will hand it over to Adam Oslin. We have got the Clippers once again on an East coast swing, just like boys to men BBD.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize the reference.
Speaker 2: Now Clippers Raptors tip at four thirty, so Adam at the bottom of the hour here. Remember, because a.
Speaker 3: Lot of those guys are black, Matt, doesn't mean they're all raptors, you know what I mean? Some of them like to sing R and B.
Speaker 2: I believe there's a tea in there are a P, T and a O. Just promote something not pe you know. Thursday, next week Jan twenty second, set your schedule live at BJ's Restaurant in brew House and Irvine three to six pm. BJ's gift cards, Clipper tickets and a grand prize of a westing House fifty eight inch Zumo TV Smart TV Experience simplified streaming so you can spend more time watching and less time app hopping. Find your westing House TV at Best Buy or at Amazon again. That is the Irvine BJ's Restaurant and brew House. We will be there next week. Our final BJ's Restaurant in brew House Football season appearance of the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six calendar year. We'll start again, probably some time around September October, but this will be our last one. So if you want to come out, we'd love to see you, and we will have a lot of great prizes to offer you an opportunity to win.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers signing Kyle Tucker. I'm sure they'll be a great deal of fanfare next week and a press conference, but for now, we have red hot Clipper basketball headed your way. Like Matt has said, it is time for the final hour. Fun fact.
Speaker 6: It's fun effect, It's the yeah We're three fun fact.
Speaker 2: Ike University again.
Speaker 3: I've been browbeaten into submission. I'm my creativity Shield.
Speaker 2: And Athletics administration program. It is a fact. Several Olympic athletes, former NFL players, many of the best college and high school coaches across the nation have one thing in common. Graduates and current students in Concordia University irvines Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program. You can get all the information at CUI dot edu slash coaching. One last radio fun fact to round out our Southern California Sports Broadcasters Association Awards banquet week. UH this from a time when many of the attendees at Lakeside Golf Club lived. During World War Two, the actor and rodeo star Slim Pickens enlisted, I mean, you have.
Speaker 3: To be pretty old, madam.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 2: Enlisted in the Army. When the recruiter asked him his profession, he told them rodeo. That's what he was doing at the time. He was a rodeo star, a touring rodeo star. The recruiter, not thinking someone would list a profession as rodeo wrote down radio, assigned Slim Pickens to an Army radio station in the Midwest. That is where he remained for the duration of the war and how he got into entertainment.
Speaker 3: Otherwise he would have been blown to pieces.
Speaker 2: Right riding a nuke from a plane maybe down to the freaking.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a nuke in World War two. Matt, that's kind of insensitive. There was a couple they had named, people got names.
Speaker 2: And you know what, they hadn't been dropped. Who knows how many lives potentially could have been lost in addition to those that were lost.
Speaker 3: That's a position I'm keeping on it. Listen, it's time it's time for who quick its everybody quick hits.
Speaker 4: Come make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talk Tokyo fire raids in the Clipper pregame.
Speaker 3: All we could talk, We could talk, and you know, Dresden was unnecessary. If we're gonna discis that it's not a new A flurry of activity and free agency in.
Speaker 2: The last one city you want to melt the city.
Speaker 3: But there was nothing there that Kyle Tucker is a Dodger agreeing to a four year, two hundred dollars deal. Hello is right. He turns twenty one years old. To my days, won't have to stay twenty nine years old. Excuse me tomorrow he turns twenty nine years old tomorrow. He'll play right field for the Dodgers when healthy. It says here he's good.
Speaker 2: Oh, that seems like a backhanded compliment right there from Tim Kats.
Speaker 3: A Gold Glover in the outfield and a Silver Slugger Award winner at the plate. And what people say is he won't have the pressure of being a superstar on the Dodgers. He can just be one of many stars up in the sky.
Speaker 2: I'd have the pressure of a sixty million dollar or a year contract. Third highest paid player in the sport comes a little bit of pressure right there.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, you get paid. Listen, money if you're gonna be like Stu is with Billy Mack and say something about everything. Listen, Billy Mack lakers great offen, Yes, but they're not playing defense though.
Speaker 2: That's right, Stu's exactly right. And hey, because we can't see each other right now, you're not aware I'm wearing a dickey. All right, you're not aware.
Speaker 3: But I'm holding up two middle figures and I'm in the mood for the feud. Boba Shat. He's gonna have some pressure on him, Oh, big pressure. He has agreed to do a three year, one hundred and twenty six million dollar deal with the New York Mets, and they spend a lot of money, but they don't have the same success as the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: No, you know, forty two million bucks in the big town is a lot more than sixty million in Los Angeles. With our media, they're making that kind of money out there in New York City. You know what the backpage of the Post is gonna do to.
Speaker 3: You, Well, we're gonna have the California Post and it's gonna tear Kyle Tucker a new ass's right.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that. We got the back page of the California Post coming for these guys.
Speaker 3: Tayling Hernandez coming with a fist of fury straight out of Korea.
Speaker 2: You guys are screwed.
Speaker 3: Catcher JT. Realmuto has agreed to a three year, forty five million dollar deal to return to the Philly Yes, and Matt, the Rams are going to be cold.
Speaker 2: They are getting ready by being warm in southern California for their divisional round weather.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful. You know, I thought i'd get out of town early Saturday morning take advantage of this weather.
Speaker 2: It is been an unseasonably warm week here in southern California. The Bears Soldier Field five thirty pm. Kick Chicago time three and a half point four. It's actually up to four and a half points right now, road favorite, and they will have to deal with the cold and the wind in the Windy City. They say it'll feel like negative two degrees out there at kickoff. Here is Sean mcvatt.
Speaker 7: You know how the actual just cold in general in terms of how the ball feels. But last year was a great example of you know, we had two really cold games. You know, the Jets game was even colder than the Eagles game. It was too damn cold in New York to even snow that day. But fortunately, you know, Matthew's played in these conditions and so doesn't change. There's a couple of things you have to be mindful of. But now you start talking about wind rain and how that really affects your footing, stuff like that. But we always kind of adjust and adapt to you know, they got to be able to play in those same sort of elements. They obviously have had a little bit more experience, but we're not going to allow that to be an excuse. And so I think you do have to have a feel. But I think the way that our guys play, I think it suits us well in any sort of conditions. And that's kind of what we've always said.
Speaker 3: So that is the great Sean McVay. The Rams also have to deal with Caleb Williams. Here is their defensive tackle. Jared Verse on how spoiler alert nail polish remover on how to get after.
Speaker 5: Kleb Right, Yeah, I mean Caleb. He obviously he's a Heisman winning for a reason. He was number one pick. I have a lot of respect for him even after the first time we played them. You know, I had a couple of plays called back against him. I mean, when you get to him, you have to wrap him up. It's not like any lunge and you can't jump at him. He's very athletic, he's very number. He's very able to get away from anything you bring to him. So you have to just keep runner your feet when you wrap him up, Like Lunch, and we've watched all the tabe We watched games, you know, from their last playoff game to the first game of that season, and he's he's been doing it all season long. So like it's impossible to say, like he won't get away from one of us, but we all ought to keep assuing him and be able to make that tackle on him.
Speaker 2: Don't Lunch, What do they say? I don't want to say this because I don't want to get Sean Payton here, But you want to run through the tackle?
Speaker 3: Is that what you want to do, Caleb? I'd like to see him tackled. John Harbaugh is headed to the New York Giants. As we discussed yesterday, he was quick to be brought in and quickly hired, and Matt the Lakers really suck. I mean they are really struggling out there.
Speaker 2: That's a bad one. Last night, I lost it all Charlotte Hornets, a team that has essentially been mailing it in all year. LaMelo Ball has been on the trade market for a couple of years now with his max contract, and he enjoyed his homecoming.
Speaker 3: Oh he was raining threes all over the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Nine of them. And yeah, you're gonna hit nine three points when you're taking on the third worst field goal defense in the league and one of the five worst three point line field goal percentage defenses in the league. Luca would score thirty nine. It was a losing effort despite his thirty nine points, and he was not happy after the game.
Speaker 8: I want to win every game, so that doesn't matter if we come from a loss or win. So I just want to win every game. But obviously he had a great start and then we just kind of fell off.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 9: Obviously, their record, oh boys, doesn't really show the way they played the night. But do you feel like being the Lakers and having some of the high profile personalities you have on this team, you're going to get another team's best shot, And how is your group handled that throughout this season.
Speaker 2: Do you think, oh, I'm gonna be asked?
Speaker 8: Maybe not, but I feel like, you know, Charlotte has a lot of young, great players. I know we saw them win some big games. You know when they're rolling, they're rolling LaMelo Con, you know, Brandon Bridges. So they have a good young group. It's hard to play against them. Obviously their record is not the best, but they have some goo wins.
Speaker 2: Luca, do you think it's incredibly unfair that the Lakers play in Los Angeles in front of all these entertainers, with Lebron James and his cadre of hangers on, and that leads to these other players in the league wanting to play harder and to beat you, and no other team in the league has to deal with that, Luca, do you feel like that's unfair? Maybe yes, maybe no, Maybe that's a stupid Maybe that's one of the dumb questions I have heard today.
Speaker 3: Huh, Clippers are seventeen to twenty three. They are red hot in a row, ice cold? Are the Lakers the Clippers eleven or thirteen? Functional? Adam very excited. Uh, We'll be preempted by him on Monday for at least an hour. Uh, we're not gonna come on till like four o'clock on King Day. The Clippers are in Toronto tonight with pregame at the bottom of the hour. The transfer portal is closing later today. The National Championship Game is Monday in Miami. We have some things, as Matt would like to say, in the hopper for for Monday. So we're looking forward to that sooner.
Speaker 2: More time, Indiana minus eight and a half your pick for the National Championship Game, we'll give.
Speaker 3: It to you on Monday. We'll be on before the game starts. We'll be on. Fine, we'll get it. Hey, cool your jets there, Chuck.
Speaker 2: We're get into a parlay this weekend or something.
Speaker 3: You know, that's not how I operate. Okay, A bunch of kids just gotta just got detained for shaving. All right, it is time for the lessons learning Great Sports.
Speaker 6: Talk champions I guess you delivered a really since tis.
Speaker 3: All right, the lessons learning. It has been a hell of a week in Great Sports Talk. Our executive producer working hard, the voice of the Bolts, bouncing back from disappointment in New England and a long flight home and some unfortunate slights at the Broadcasters Awards, and we delivered a great week of great sports talk.
Speaker 2: I'm really proud of us, I.
Speaker 3: Think so, I do. I would be a lot prouder if we had a two time cy Young Award winner calling in and saying how great we were? Lesson what? Let's second, we get off the air, vasse gets on the air? Who calls in Blake Snell to congratulate him? So many nuggets in this one. Take a listen to a few. What was the what's been the highlight of your championship tour?
Speaker 10: Not I'm a Dodger, that's been the highlight of it all.
Speaker 3: Good answer, good answer.
Speaker 10: Ain't nothing better than being a Dodger. The most important thing I'll be taking a trip to fantasist. That's the most important thing.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I said I was gonna retire when Kershaw did, but then you signed on for five more years, so I had to stay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can't go, You can't. You gotta stay until I'm done. And then she ham probably gonna be the next night, and he's gonna be. You're gonna be. You know, you're gonna be here for another till you ninety five. Oh, you might as well just stop saying it. Welcome to the big league.
Speaker 3: Dave, who who league? Lesson too?
Speaker 4: Thanks young dolls, let's say that new way.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear your routine, Lebron. How do you get ready to not play defense out there? It was a million day, like you welcome back like normal time? Like I told you that, Like what was that? You kind of like really specifical lockers, Like what do.
Speaker 11: You want to know?
Speaker 3: Exactly what I did?
Speaker 2: I loved.
Speaker 11: I woke up, got in the cold tub. I got in the cold tub. We got a hyperbar chamber. I had a hyperbar chamber. I took a nap. Then I played p G A E A golf nice for a little bit, as I normally take my legs for forty five minutes. Then I took a shower and got dressed and UH headed here. And once I got here, I did my normal game day routine, activation, treatment, rehabbing, stretching, lifting, mentally, doing everything while I watched h you know, TPG on the TV. And then me and Mike looked at each other and he looked at me, ask me what you're thinking? I said, I think I feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: So there you go. That's a whole routine. I'd love to hear it, and I'd love to make some cool comments while you're talking lesson three les this weekend, when you get up and you're looking in the mirror and trying to decide whether or not to shave on a Saturday or Sunday, ask yourself, do you know what it's like to run downhill?
Speaker 2: Green Law back of this game? As ability to attack down hill in the run gives is that the.
Speaker 5: Timing of it?
Speaker 3: Do you want him to attack downhill? Is that you're like, what do you know about attacking downhill in the run game? You don't know? All right, that's right, have him attacking downhill. It's good to have a healthy Trey Greenlaw back in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope he gets his ass burned off by the heaters on the Oh god, his ass ask gets burned clean off.
Speaker 3: That what would be there for Colin Cowhard to kiss ha Yeah? Yeah, god, yeah, less than.
Speaker 4: For Lexion Quatrille.
Speaker 3: That's Jim Harbaugh apologizes to the voice of the Bulls, Matt Muddy Smith. Oh God, for a bad answer. This is awesome, as at how awesome matt is talking about running the football.
Speaker 12: The way I answered it was pretty pretty vague and nebulous. Uh, And I don't The reason I did that money was because we're open. We are open to we are not putting ourselves into it has to be one system or one specific type of type of offensive system. Uh widen that being cast and you know that that person that the persons that we interview, uh, we're gonna look for the best one that's that's uh you know, has a track record, has uh has proven success and can uh show us his vision uh for what our offenses is going to look like and and and be like. But we're open to to multiple a lot of ways to skin a cat, you know, and and in offense and in and in football. So uh yeah, we're gonna we're we try to get to get the very best one and that person. Uh, we're gonna beout it.
Speaker 13: Out get a little work detailed to ask because you know, to go way back.
Speaker 2: Coach is done our radio show a bunch.
Speaker 13: And when you first got a job, you told us a story that's always stuck with me, and you said you talked about Schenbeckler and he said, how are you gonna play with a tight end at the end of the offensive line, said yes with full back, said yes, you're gonna run God's playing power. You said yes, and then he said, all right, you can be a coach. So I guess I'm asking, does that philosophy.
Speaker 2: Still hold for you?
Speaker 12: We're open to We're open to all all philosophers. A lot of ways of skinny cat.
Speaker 2: A lot of ways skin a cat, a right, A lot of ways skinny cat, you know, and now Pete is coming after him for skinning cats. They're not happy. And we know what it's like.
Speaker 3: Michael Vick it was racial, you know, it was part of his culture to fight those dogs.
Speaker 2: But look, I don't think it was racial. I think it was bad decision made.
Speaker 3: Wow, you don't know. Okay, you didn't hear about a Smith said about it. You don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: What do you know about putting your hand in the ground at the end of the line of scrimmage?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Coach, I just remember you said it.
Speaker 4: That's all less than five thanks you own sinkle.
Speaker 3: That's Nobody loves space, not even Matt Smith more than Tim Conway Junior that's.
Speaker 14: Right over Burbank. You know, beautiful days. Four people in that sucker. Three hundred and fifty thousand degrees.
Speaker 2: How awesome. Holy smokes, Holy smokes.
Speaker 3: And that's it for the week in Great Sports Talk. We hope you enjoyed it. We hope that you have a great weekend. Be safe, enjoy the three day weekend if you have one. We don't, No, we don't have a three day weekend. We have to be We're on after the Cliver too. Rogan and Rodney have a three days day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this, of course they do.
Speaker 3: We're off until four o'clock on Monday, but we're off early today.
Speaker 2: Rogan and Ronnie have at three hundred and sixty five day kid.
Speaker 3: Oh come on now what Thanks for listening. Thank you to Rodney Fossio. It's our production engineer and Tim Case, our executive producer. Will be back on Monday.
Speaker 10: Budget