Speaker 1: And catch USA taking on Australia. Kick it off at two pm with games, prizes, drink specials, all while cheering on the Red, White and Blue. We'll see you at Dougarels in Hastings today too, go us at.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Louth, ladies and gentlemen, Good money Mona. The Power Trip Morning Show Live.
Speaker 3: And here we are celebrating fifty years of the Grandma's Marathon, a group of people who never run. If Sauce is running, somebody's chasing him. It's one of those things. But we're celebrating all of you out there who do run. So congratulations in advance and thank you for being here to witness The Power Trip Morning Show. I don't forget a little bit later on one hundred and eighteen thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars correct this on the line. Sweet, Oh my gosh, somebody's got to win it. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Look look the most handsome man that's ever lived this year.
Speaker 2: Look it's like seeing Bigfoot, only it's drop foot O.
Speaker 5: Funny Chad abb It only shows up on Fridays for initials. Does he not care about Monday through Thursday? He only shows up on initials is on. I don't understand this band. Come on, dude, support the whole show. What a joke, Chad.
Speaker 2: Look at this crowd. Thank you for coming out, d Luth. This is awesome. Look at this is Chad Abbit. Everybody look at him. Give it up for Abbit, everybody. This is him. This is the greatest guy ever.
Speaker 3: Chad actually came to the Luth this morning only because every time that we do a live broadcast and we tell him people came, he doesn't believe it, so he.
Speaker 2: Wanted to see in person. So thank you for showing up. We appreciate it very much. Dluth loves the fan, and uh does the fan love the Luth. We loved Louth one of our favorite affiliates. So thank you. Well done. That's Chad Abbit. Everybody, I'll leave you alone. There.
Speaker 5: You look great, No sauce. You're watching golf with your boss behind you. He doesn't like when you get to stress. Look but still standing up. He's giving you a standing up.
Speaker 2: Very chat. He thought that was a great appearance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was worth it.
Speaker 2: It really well.
Speaker 4: I have to do sports, so I have to know the score.
Speaker 2: I got news, first news, first man. Oh oh oh, you're you're preparing. Wow, incredible, Okay, great, fantastic.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do the news.
Speaker 6: This is KMF in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 2: Let's go Saints. Don't forget, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: It is Father's Day on Sunday and down at cchs Field they're going to let you have a catch with the man himself, the Dad from field and dreams will be on hand. They have a special package for that. But you don't have to buy that ticket, Paage. Just go on down for a beautiful day at the ball field. And every day at chs Field is a great day. Please check out Saints Baseball dot com. My top story is something I forgot to get to and what really matters because I was distracted by Chad Abbott's eyes. You guys, have you been driving to Saint Cloud I know we're in Deluso, apologies, but a lot of you probably from the two cities where you've been there. You drive by the Minnesota Correctional Facility Saint cloud YEP, that giant old place that looks like it's from Shashank Redemption.
Speaker 4: Everybody familiar.
Speaker 2: Here's something I didn't.
Speaker 3: Know until KSTP went ahead and tweeted this last night. The iconic wall that surrounds the Minnesota Correctional Facility Saint Cloud is the second longest continuous wall in the world, only behind the Great Wall of China.
Speaker 2: No way, how about that? Wow? I had no idea that place scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and how is that possible?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a continuous wall, it really is. Man, you've seen a rightcord, you know what I'm talking about. I mean, it's the coolest thing. I have a gentleman who I know relatively well, who works there, comes to a lot of the Dillo shows and has offered to give me a tour of the place.
Speaker 2: A bunch of times I will not go in.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid they will not let me out or they'll forget although just you know, with the tattoos and the bald head and the stature and the attitude, they'll think I'm a prisoner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going in.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of that, that's an other thing.
Speaker 3: Right up the street here, maybe three blocks away, there's a jail that was made in nineteen twenty one, like the Duluth jail, right, and they've converted it into apartments. It's true story, really, and there's still bars and stuff in there because they started like, it's a.
Speaker 2: Great look at old building, stone building.
Speaker 3: It's been there forever, right, And so they started converting it into the department building.
Speaker 2: And when they started taking out.
Speaker 3: The bars to the cages, they realized they were support structures for the building, so.
Speaker 2: They couldn't take them out. So they had to leave him in. So a lot of the apartments have bars on the window.
Speaker 4: That's sweet, it's not. I mean, it's kind of cool, man, It.
Speaker 3: Looks really really cool. Yeah, I'm sure it's cool to live there, but I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, can you imagine, like in my bedroom, a guy who killed nineteen people who used to sleep in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Rosie just filled out an application.
Speaker 2: He's been there, you know, he's been there back of the old days.
Speaker 6: I don't care how anti supernatural you are. Man, you're gonna hear noises that night and you're gonna go straight to Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is that's creepy.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 4: That creepy.
Speaker 3: I'm with you, man, not just the the creepiness factor, but the idea that And again, I think it's a beautiful place. Whoever made it, you did a great job. That's it. It would be weird, I think, to call home a place where so many people woke up on the worst day of their lives. Yeah, you know, many combinations the worst days of their life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. But it's a building, and a building is a building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, yeah, building is a building.
Speaker 2: A man, brother, thank you? Anyway, Okay, that's enough of that.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: H top story of the day. White loss. GLP one drugs like ozempic and we go vi are linked to a decrease in violent behavior. A new study at a Rector's University found that people taking GLP one medication were less prone to impulsive behavior and violence. Not everybody.
Speaker 4: I saw so many chairs of you thrones and starting.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a good point. You haven't thrown a chair since uh.
Speaker 4: Zero, But.
Speaker 2: This is possibly going?
Speaker 4: Was that sentence over? No? I have more, but I don't know whatever.
Speaker 7: This week my wife said, hey, can you when louis at daycare, will you change the light bulb in his room?
Speaker 2: And I thought, oh, I can do that.
Speaker 4: So I went up on the ladder and it's one of those things where like there's like the base of it and then like the glass part.
Speaker 2: Right, Hold on one second. Are you familiar with how light's work in rooms?
Speaker 4: How many lamberts does it take to change a light bulb?
Speaker 3: Just wait, okay, because I want to make sure everybody's clear about how the light.
Speaker 8: Okay, so there's a ceiling light.
Speaker 4: This ceiling light. Yes, so how does it attached to the ceiling?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's okay, he'll explain it to Okay.
Speaker 7: All right, Well you're on the ladder and you see this slob attached to the ceiling and I'm like, yeah, okay, one of them. One of the lights flickers, and I'm like, I can change this is how hard can it be?
Speaker 2: Just flicker?
Speaker 7: So I get up on the ladder, I go and get the three new light bulbs. That's when I saw you when you were at Target.
Speaker 2: You saw him in your room?
Speaker 4: No, this is where I went to get the light bulbs.
Speaker 2: I'm confused.
Speaker 7: Shed same, Okay, And did you guys care where he bought the light bulbs?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter to the story. He's gonna tell us why that matters? Like your story?
Speaker 8: So we got a Target soft white or right?
Speaker 2: What I got like l e Ed soft White was his nickname in high school. Well well done.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So I get them home and I'm like, all right, I can do this.
Speaker 7: So I get up on my step ladder, which I call the playoff ladder because I stand on it when there's playoff games on because it's good luck.
Speaker 4: I'm on, I don't use it a lot.
Speaker 2: Are you clear with about what he causes ladder?
Speaker 5: I'm just excited that we went on the entire target journey, all the way to the store, all the way home. You got the light bulbs back. I can't where did you get the ladder? You didn't tell us that detail. I got it years ago, but where how can we? Probably I probably got out of Target. It's like a lightweight one, so it's easy, so to playoff ladder.
Speaker 7: Yeah, anyway, I can't wait till somebody's writing the marathon tomorrow and listening to this, it turns around quits and it's like, I can't do it.
Speaker 4: This guy's they just.
Speaker 2: Run right into that.
Speaker 7: Anyway, So I get the light bulbs and I'm like, this will be sweet, right, So I.
Speaker 5: As that are listening on the radio, you were making a twisting.
Speaker 7: The I unscrew the I don't know what it's called, the vase, the the no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what it's called.
Speaker 7: The part like that, the yeah, the it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: The vo.
Speaker 2: Light fixture.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get the fixture off, but not like the the metal part that holds it all together, that's in the wall.
Speaker 2: That's good because you shouldn't take that off.
Speaker 7: Well, just wait, I have to change the light bulbs, like the wires.
Speaker 2: Did you just wait?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 2: Would you just wait?
Speaker 7: I get him down and I'm like, all right, this will be great. So I waddle back into the kitchen. I grabbed the new light bulbs so I have them handy to them up so I don't have to make six trips. So I take the two light bulbs out that are flickering, and I'm like, well, I can't hold these and hold the other ones, so I toss them onto the ground. They shatter everywhere. This is my son's room. He's one and a half. I'm not like, I shouldn't be a parent. I'm such an idiot, So I go.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 7: I didn't think it's soft carpet. I thought it would land softly, So then I got it. Then I got to take the vacuum, and I have to get every piece of glass up because I'm like, I can't.
Speaker 4: My kiddo can't cut his feet. Where did you buy the vacuum from? And when? Uh? Probably Target. It's one of those hand ones. It's very easy. Well that one sucked, decided.
Speaker 7: To wandering and get the other one and the other one tho those like.
Speaker 9: A sucked, like in a good vacuum way.
Speaker 4: But it was one of those.
Speaker 7: Vacuums that has like it's like a bagless vacuum. Right, So I get up all the guys, I wish you were a bag Just hold on, there's this there is a payoff.
Speaker 4: So I get down.
Speaker 7: So I get that all done, I vacuum up all the glass and I'm like, well, I don't want to put the glass in the garbage because my kidd can get in the garbage.
Speaker 2: I don't want him to cut himself, So.
Speaker 4: I take it out. Hey, the garbage out.
Speaker 2: Hold on, don't let him play in the garbage.
Speaker 7: Hold on, No, But like it's it's like a thing in the kitchen.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Probably gonna have child services at my house when I get home.
Speaker 4: But garbage can is a thing in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: It's the thing in the child services himself.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're on their way to daycare. I'm sure my wife changed the chase.
Speaker 4: Throwing light bulbs at safe.
Speaker 7: So I take it out into the garage and I'm like, I'm gonna empty it. So I have it over the thing and I'm like pulling the thing down. Well, I can't get it all the way to empty. So naturally I get pissed and I start swearing and I'm start banging on it. Well I bang on it, it opens. The glass goes everywhere in the garage. So then I have to clean that up. Hold on, there's more. So I clean that all up, and then you Yesterday, my wife calls me and she's face times. Me and Louise wind around the garage and go, hey, you might not want to wander around in the garage. There's light bulbs everywhere, broken every and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, what, Like, I'll clean it up tomorrow. You ain't clean up the light No.
Speaker 4: I cleaned up ninety percent of it. There might be a few shards somewhere.
Speaker 7: So then I'm like, all right, my task is to get the light bulbs in. So I put the light bulbs in and I'm like, all right, cool, the light bulbs are in.
Speaker 4: It looks nice.
Speaker 7: It's a new, very bright in there for my kiddo. When the lights are on and we read them stories.
Speaker 4: We understand how lights were. It illuminates the room so you can read. We get it. He can see things. So anybody struggling with that part of it, why he's changing the light bulb.
Speaker 7: So I get I get back up on the ladder. I put the vase part back on.
Speaker 4: You're god all right, he's.
Speaker 5: Showing us a photo. The whole thing came. It just collapsed, it fell around.
Speaker 4: It out of this see.
Speaker 5: Can you post it on? Post it immediately on Twitter so people that are listening, no.
Speaker 2: Can chat show your boss you you paid all right?
Speaker 5: Tweet that out immediately, saw, so people that are listening know the payoff to this undeletably long story.
Speaker 8: I was hanging by the wires, Yes, lodged from the ceiling.
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you've done that.
Speaker 4: I panic, I start swearing, I.
Speaker 2: Start bolts that hold it? No, I know those bolts out.
Speaker 8: Are you hanging?
Speaker 7: I twisted this part with the OZ part, and it all.
Speaker 5: Came OZ part this is you are literally the stereotype for how many blanks did it take to change a life?
Speaker 4: So you can't do it? I called you face.
Speaker 7: It on Hot Ass Randy, and I go, Randy, I've known you since we were six years old, and you've probably come over, like the one time he came over because I couldn't get my gas fireplace to work, and he walks in and he literally just goes and flips the switch and it's not kidding, and I go, I destroyed a light trying to put a light bulb in.
Speaker 4: He hung up on me.
Speaker 7: So I can't put it back up because my arms get too tired.
Speaker 2: Because it's still hanging there. Yeah, it's still. I don't know how I can't get it back up.
Speaker 7: So hot Ass Randy's coming over. I hope today to put it back up. Yeah, man, I'm not. I had a tough week doing things and then yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh god please, we only have an hour and a half.
Speaker 7: My wife is like, hey, can you connect the one of the ring cams to like our new network. And I'm like, all right, cool, I can do that. I'll figure that out. So I do, I figure it out. I ad it go out there, take it off, scan it, get it all set up, put.
Speaker 2: It back on.
Speaker 7: Have the little uh cool screwdriver thing with the screws smashes on the ground. So now we have no ring camp and my wife I go, I don't know, it just stopped working. And then as I walked out, I go, I dropped it. And so now I got to get a new ring cam. I gotta get somebody to come over and put a light up.
Speaker 2: And uh yeah.
Speaker 7: So if you're wondering why I didn't play the best and password, there is your aunts.
Speaker 4: Advantage.
Speaker 6: Marnie, you had a tougher week than Creesel.
Speaker 4: I didn't. Barnie, congrats. By the way, you and Barbia said they did beat Crieslin, Sauce and passwords. Well done. Can I ask you a couple of questions.
Speaker 5: Did you almost challenge when he said Northwestern because you have to use.
Speaker 4: Actual words, that's cheating. I did not.
Speaker 2: Well, they knew they were going to get it up.
Speaker 4: I just giggled, Yeah, I just giggled, Yeah, well done.
Speaker 2: Well that was the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 9: Sorry that the news should be. Kelly should stop asking Sauce to do things.
Speaker 8: Around the house.
Speaker 4: Amen, brother for somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I get really down if you were going to be real here, I get reeled down myself when I simply screw up putting a light bob. It was, uh yeah, I'm not proud of myself because I can't do simple tasks.
Speaker 1: Have you cleaned up the last ten of the lay bulbs in the garage yet?
Speaker 7: No, I'll do that well after my guy golfs today, so I'll do it about five thirty.
Speaker 3: If I were Kelly, I would buy Louis like Jean Simmons kiss boots. There must be so much glass in your house.
Speaker 7: No, I got it all out of the bedroom, I promise you, because I'm you know, I don't want him to cut his feet.
Speaker 4: But in the garage is free range.
Speaker 2: Man, he's on his.
Speaker 8: Own in the garage, free range.
Speaker 3: There you go, ladies and gentlemen like, he's a wonder. He's meet saus Paul Lambert live and Duluth. That's why you came out right there. That's priced the admission worth it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, then when we come back, he's gonna tell us all about sports.
Speaker 2: Can't wait? You sweating? Yeah? How are you feeling Duluth. Everybody happy so far.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being out here and thank you for having us everybody, We love it and the fan Dluth well done as always. A few burritos still left, so stop on buy. If you're not here, there's a couple of seats available. As we celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of Grandma's Marathon.
Speaker 5: All right zauce with sports after this one hour from now we play initials one hundred and eighteen thousand, five hundred dollars potentially up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials jack Pot.
Speaker 4: Marnie Gelliner is here, Mark Parrish is here.
Speaker 5: This is the Power Tip Morning Show Life from Duluth on the Fan.
Speaker 3: A cheaper machine can feel like a win until downtime, parts, delays, and missed work start costing you. That's why contract just trust Siglar with more than twenty eight locations, parts availability, service support. Welcome back to the celebration for the fiftieth annuel Grandma's Marathon here in the Luth, Minnesota. The powers of Morny Show Live and a giant group of peple well continuing to make their way in and out as they passed by, some of them on their way out for their morning run, some of them just here eating burritos, some of them here trying to figure out how to change.
Speaker 2: The light bulb.
Speaker 3: Jesus parts of morning so live and Marny's here, and Parish is here, and the initials games going on here in just a few moments. So lot's going on, Marty. How you feeling how things go for you last night? Did you have a good time?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I had a great time.
Speaker 9: Good like hanging out with you guys in social situations, because we hardly ever do that.
Speaker 8: So I really enjoyed myself.
Speaker 4: Well, I ask all the time.
Speaker 5: I'm always out and about and being social, but you guys never want to come hang out with me. I'm always out doing things awesome, I don't think, I said right outside when.
Speaker 4: I went up the hotel room, the hotel room, you did what? Now?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: The hotel the hotel room.
Speaker 7: You and I went to bed at the same time, different room. Oh that's a free floor. But you know you went to bed at like a thirty. You went to bed at like a forty?
Speaker 2: How do you know that?
Speaker 4: Because I watch you interesting?
Speaker 2: Does the bad move when you got in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because you were storing interesting all right, Sauce, your chance to redeem yourself after the light bulb incident is a sports related all right, man.
Speaker 2: Boom, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip pay Saucy, Yeah, daddy.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota Monsters football team plays Monday versus Michigan.
Speaker 2: Right up here to Amazol Arena.
Speaker 3: Check it out, Minnesota Monsters, Ladies and gentlemen, go Minnesota Monster coo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very sweet team name. Man, you should try.
Speaker 3: Out for the team, Sauce, you still got some eligibility.
Speaker 2: Left last night. Oh I'm so sorry. Never mind, never mind, never mind.
Speaker 7: Well, one of the guys having dinner with we were talking about class reunions and I'm like, I've never been, and he don't you have to graduate to go?
Speaker 4: He's on my list now.
Speaker 2: Of course I don't like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where are we?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The Minnesota Twins have won four straight.
Speaker 7: After they swept the Rangers and beating them nine to three yesterday, they've outscored them twenty five to seven. Your Minnesota Twins are thirty six and forty. They battle the Diamondbacks tonight at eight forty five on Apple TV.
Speaker 5: Why would you watch that when you could watch Widow's Bay on Apple TV.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I like sports. I don't want to wait, I wasn't talking just to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, in the words of Tommy Olsen, why not both see.
Speaker 3: That's what it says. He does say that. He does say that, marns your twins.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's been a great road trip. They the Twins seem to.
Speaker 9: Like a lot of baseball teams, get on these really hot hot streaks and then unfortunately sometimes also get on these pretty cold cold streaks. But if you can limit the cold and accentuate the hot, I mean, you make a pretty enjoyable summer. And I have said before that I know this. This Twins team is not expected to do a lot. There's not a lot of hope for like, oh, this is a World Series contending team. We all know that we're based in reality. But it doesn't mean they're not entertaining. And for the most part, the team has been entertaining. And even when they're losing games, they're typically in the game. They're not being blown out night by night. They're not this embarrassing team that we're putting a product on the field. It's been a competitive team that has lost more than it has won, but when they have gone on these winning streaks, it's been really fun to watch. And right now is one of those times where it's just like, man, that's a They're in a really good groove and a really good rhythm, and let's just hope it lasts and enjoy it for what it is, because baseball in the summer is a fun watch. It's just a fun flip it on, have it on in the background. If you're not watching every pitch.
Speaker 8: That's fine.
Speaker 9: The Twins team has been enjoyable and.
Speaker 2: See, we agree, right, you did that right.
Speaker 9: I feel like I feel like I'm put in a position often and sometimes it's by you.
Speaker 8: Know what, your husbands, people around.
Speaker 9: Here, my god, to have to defend the team or like it's it's it's it's so popular, just rip, let's just rip them. And we do a lot of ripping on this show. And I'm I'm fine, let's rip. But not everything is it has to be all negative all the time, and so I find myself having to or wanting to.
Speaker 8: I don't know what the difference is.
Speaker 9: Just defend it, because it's I have worked Twins games this summer and I've I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's all I want to say.
Speaker 2: We love it. Well done, Martie.
Speaker 3: You know it's funny too because I have nothing to do with the Twins and I haven't watched the game yet in my life.
Speaker 9: I can see I'm glad I've swayed you so well.
Speaker 3: But no, in all seriousness meeting Shelton, I'm like, I want them to do well.
Speaker 2: I would defend them just for the like that guy so much.
Speaker 7: I don't think people dislike the team. I think they don't like the owners. That's fair, are terrible, but.
Speaker 2: The team is.
Speaker 7: Chelte has turned this team into there are four games uh below five hundred with a team that has the zero bullpen and there they there's no resources in the team.
Speaker 4: I think that's what people are mad at.
Speaker 9: And then it leaves you with what do I do with that? If I'm a fan and I am mad at the way ownership is handling things, But I love Byron Buxton and I want him to do like, what do you do as a fan?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: What path are you supposed to go down? How are you.
Speaker 9: Supposed to show that that's two very different things.
Speaker 8: I don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: You make a sign, well said, yeah, make a sign.
Speaker 8: Word it strongly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do that? Hogs Daddy Marney the fuzz is watching you from up there. He keeps an eye on you. I don't know why he's watching you in particular.
Speaker 3: Video I know what's going on, oh the way he's keep an eye on you in particular.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're talking about. Did you tell everything my story?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about?
Speaker 8: Why did look at me like that?
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a different thing.
Speaker 1: What that?
Speaker 2: What story? What story? No?
Speaker 8: Why is everybody?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: Did you tell it?
Speaker 2: I swear to you I did not. No, he didn't. No, No, he didn't. No. I did not swear to you all my life from mind. I'm dying.
Speaker 4: You didn't tell your story?
Speaker 2: No I did not.
Speaker 4: No, I did I swear to you.
Speaker 8: I swear.
Speaker 2: It's the truth. I did not. I promise you all my life the cops. Have I told you stories about Marty at all?
Speaker 4: Have I told you any story? Story?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: And knowing is half the battle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I should have known. This wouldn't stay quiet?
Speaker 2: Marty? Look at me?
Speaker 4: What are you talking to Marty?
Speaker 2: Look at me. Look at me.
Speaker 4: He didn't say anything.
Speaker 8: You look at me?
Speaker 2: What he didn't?
Speaker 4: He did not my life, all my life.
Speaker 8: I did not, is it, Stephanie?
Speaker 2: No, it was not. Nobody told anything.
Speaker 3: But now you want to know, you're really outing yourself right now without even knowing.
Speaker 2: You're out of yourself.
Speaker 8: All people looking at me like they know something. Were you all at the casino last night?
Speaker 2: Marni, would you stop? You're definitely stop it. Give me back that shovel, Marnie.
Speaker 8: You gotta tell us now, no, nothing happened.
Speaker 2: Nothing happened. You are mad at me for something you just did to yourself. Wow, sports, there's the twins.
Speaker 4: This will help change the subject.
Speaker 2: The NBA Draft is on Tuesday. Hawk, are you.
Speaker 4: Still coming over?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be right there.
Speaker 4: Brother who has the number one pick.
Speaker 2: Said one.
Speaker 4: Oh, you know, it was just there.
Speaker 2: It was just there.
Speaker 5: It's the capitol of Puerto Rico. Immediately was enchanted the whole plane. Clappham we land. So you do did you get off and just do the normal stuff I did? I didn't want to do just tourist stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what did you do?
Speaker 4: Picked the bus to Cogoa's Anything particular about Coaguas.
Speaker 5: So wild place of vacation. They have a slot machines in the bus station.
Speaker 7: Wow, God, he fell for that hard on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: As soon as goes, wait a minute, where did you take the bus? Go cogous? He goes, something's up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, but Mark, the Wizards have the first pick, and the Wolves will pick twenty eight hawk.
Speaker 4: Who do you think is going to go number one overall?
Speaker 2: Probably Elvis Costell home.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday, Elvis.
Speaker 7: Yeah, all right here, let's see here we talked about our Corey brought up the home run Derby. They're gonna have twenty swings in the first round, fifteen in the final two, and on the last pitch I mean trom they'll keep going until they don't hit a home run.
Speaker 9: Hey, Sauce, before you glass over that too fast, do you feel like this is going to bring back the nostalgia of the home run Derby where we can have a moment to let those moonshots breathe, because do you feel like.
Speaker 8: That's what's been missing?
Speaker 9: Is that's a very good points they hit, even if it's a even if you know it's a second decker, they are right back in the batter's box. And the next pitch is coming and it's like home run on top of home run, where we want to see the swing and then you just stand there and admire it and we all go a lot.
Speaker 7: Well, that was and to your point, that was the best part of Josh Hamilton's home run derby whenever that was is he was hitting balls almost out of Yankee Stadium, and if they had it where it was on a pitch clock, it would would have never seen it because he would have.
Speaker 2: Just reloaded right away.
Speaker 4: That's a very good point. He was still beat by Justin Morno.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how about that's true?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your guy beat.
Speaker 1: It and then he got the trophy and the guy from Century twenty one called him Jason Morno.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, you're how about that? He hit a ton of home runs and he lost to your guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think by the way your guy could hit man.
Speaker 3: He was the station of the podcast is let that moonshot breathe.
Speaker 2: Got it. Appreciate you you need help. I don't know why you say that.
Speaker 7: The twenty sixth US Open is currently taking place.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Uh, Cory's my guy's name is on there? Oh yeah, you have fitz Patrick's in the mix.
Speaker 7: Clark is six under and the leader, Dustin Johnson, is four under, and Matt Fitzpatrick and Gary Woodland and an amateur are three under. So Corey or hawks guy's in it. Rom is two under. Uh, yeah, they're just getting underway, Ferris.
Speaker 8: Who do you have, Rory Tommy Fleetwood?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rory had it.
Speaker 7: Rory had it to three under and he bogied the last two holes yesterday.
Speaker 4: I think Tommy Fleetwood's even.
Speaker 8: She was even after after one.
Speaker 4: That's Corey's let's go. That's Rosie's guy.
Speaker 2: That guy, they're hitting golf balls in the winds and stuff. Looks like it's fun at least name right now. Yeah, the wins hideous.
Speaker 7: So that is your sports nice man's most importantly, Tott.
Speaker 4: Sorry that was yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 7: That the US plays Australia today at two pm in the World Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's gonna Brett back at the shot.
Speaker 4: Brett.
Speaker 2: What's going on with the USA? Are they going to win this thing?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 4: Guys, they should win this game.
Speaker 1: Australia is a really good defending team, so if they get down a goal, it's going to be tough to come back.
Speaker 4: But I think the US is good enough to.
Speaker 1: Beat him and get up on them early and then run the show from there.
Speaker 5: Well said, how many Australians can you name? And you can't say crocodile Dundee, Paul.
Speaker 7: Hogan, that's the guy that plays Wolverine Jack. No, don't tell him. Don't tell him, Hugh Jackman, look at you, Jack Cuman.
Speaker 2: We'll see here.
Speaker 4: So Wolverine and crocodile Dundee, you did it. That's you got, crocodile hunter.
Speaker 5: Name somebody that's not crocodile adjacent Captain Hook Yeah, well crocodile adjacent Yah of the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is.
Speaker 4: It's one of the strong. I've had a tough week. Okay.
Speaker 8: It was his guest in Family Feud. I don't think Parish was.
Speaker 9: The callback played that Family Feud game, No second time.
Speaker 2: I mean epic Parish.
Speaker 4: When you think of the great fictional characters in the history of fiction, and you think of people that are known for strength, yeap, how far down the list is Captain Hook. I don't think he would have come up at all. He was sauces instant response Captain hook Yep not smart.
Speaker 2: Corey gave up his career that day. I almost as quit light.
Speaker 4: It's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there's sports. Nice job sauce. Thanks Staddy.
Speaker 5: All right, Viking's news even though there's absolutely none. That's when my favorite things to do is to do radio teasers when Chad app it's in the building.
Speaker 4: But there's no Vikings news, but we'll do it after this.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you all for being out here today. Look at all these people. Ye thank you.
Speaker 4: Live in Duluth. Big crowd.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be fun, giant crowd just in the city of Duluth. Of course, because it's Grandma's Marathon weekend, the fiftieth running of Grandma's Marathon, they should have a grandmother race, like a separate raced.
Speaker 2: You said that three times today.
Speaker 4: I'm just I agreed all three times, just speaking on behalf of my clients. Right, let's let's have some old ladies running. Who's your client, hawk?
Speaker 3: Yeah, First of all, not all grandmas are old ladies. Some number of voluptuous in you're middle aged women.
Speaker 4: You need to take a deep breath think about this.
Speaker 5: I bet like in Indiana, I bet there are like twenty four year old grandmothers.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the math work.
Speaker 5: The math does work in Indiana. My guess is there's grandmother's in their mid twenties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, yes, I don't have to explain it to you, but it's possible. My parents are older than Hawk's parents.
Speaker 3: Your dad is under the table right now. I couldn't think of a better come back than that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, dad, you win.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy that got dark, thank you Viking's News, even though there's none after this Power Trip.
Speaker 1: Morning chow on the fan on the fake texting that message to six four six eighty six at six four six eight six diner text message in dat right spot.
Speaker 2: Welcome back once again, Power Trip live in Duluth as we celebrate Grandma's marathon, and thanks again as we met Zack Schneider a little bit earlier, the marketing PR director. What a fantastic job, man, great, I mean good. Yeah, the crowd is huge.
Speaker 3: The Britos are still available to stop on bias.
Speaker 2: We're down here at the Holiday Inn right downtown. Just love this place and uh I'm glad to be into Luth.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, man, so beautiful. What were you guys talking about.
Speaker 2: Everybody was gathered around the computer and something big happened in the golf tournament.
Speaker 5: We just watched DJ three putt and we were just saying, it's it's fun when you have a golf bet, whether it's the Power Trip golf bet or you just have a ticket or two or three in Las Vegas, how you cheer against another one hundred human beings. It's so much fun. It's like every misputt your fist pumping. And when DJ just three putted and now he's three back of Wyndham Clutterk, I was like, that just made my day. And it's like round two, the beginning of round two, and I'm already super pumped that everybody's falling apart around Windham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, let's go.
Speaker 3: This seems like the kind of tournament though that like who's in the lead today has nothing to do with who's going to be in the lead at the end of the weekend, right yeah.
Speaker 7: Maybe not maybe, but the six under if he can keep that six underscore, he's got a really good chance.
Speaker 4: It's going to get really hard this weekend.
Speaker 7: And uh but uh yeah, he's in a he's in a really good spot, three shot lead.
Speaker 9: Yeah. I was just gonna say, where's the next guy, Fitzpatrick?
Speaker 4: Uh Hawk, Uh you that's your guy? Right, yeah, boss, right Now.
Speaker 5: Fitzpatrick is in second, Dustin Johnson is in second, Gary Woodland is in second, and then an amateur somebody named Cowen is in second.
Speaker 4: They're all three under at three back.
Speaker 2: He must be crapping himself right maybe in the tournament.
Speaker 4: And John's two under. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Wyndham just tapped in for Pars so he's got a three shot lead through three.
Speaker 2: Good. It's great Vikings.
Speaker 1: It's time for Vikings US on the Power Trip, presented by.
Speaker 2: Right Way Vikings News.
Speaker 4: Anybody I got nothing, I got nothing sauce.
Speaker 7: There's nothing going on now. Yeah, this is, uh the downtime. This is the only downtime of the year for the NFL. So there's how.
Speaker 6: About the roof of the stadium meaning to be replaced because of hail?
Speaker 2: You see that at the US Bank. Yeah.
Speaker 6: US Bank Stadium got damaged by hale in twenty twenty three, really, and now they're going to have to like replace much of the roof.
Speaker 4: He speaking of that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 5: Is that the reason why everybody's getting hammered with row bowl calls is the hail damage? Really, do anybody else feel like when it hailed last week? That the the spam calls went through the roof.
Speaker 3: Oh you're getting them because I have had your name on farmers only dot com about fourteen times.
Speaker 5: Oh, I already had an account. Oh you don't have to be lonely if you're on farmers only.
Speaker 4: Good for you, man. Yeah, yeah, do you like bacon?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't know about that.
Speaker 8: So do you like bacon?
Speaker 4: It's really good.
Speaker 5: Although they written me because I do the costco bacon, which is like microwaveable. I don't have patience to make actual bacon. And then they tell you it's like terrible for you or whatever, microplastics or something.
Speaker 4: Who cares? You only once Steve.
Speaker 9: Bacon from You're talking to a room full of marathon runners.
Speaker 8: They care. They don't microwave, they're bacon.
Speaker 5: Anybody here microwave bacon. You guys want to party later.
Speaker 4: That guy, that guy waved his hand ins is like, maybe, how can you be on the fence about microwave bacon. You either do or you don't.
Speaker 2: He'll get back to you. Yeah, yeah, I gotta.
Speaker 5: Think about that. It just takes too long to clean up. Process is legit.
Speaker 4: So just let's just go. Let's just it's like sixty seconds, right, Mark.
Speaker 2: You can fascinate me. They're a fascinating life. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's the right word.
Speaker 6: I believe you like bacon like that seems you eat bacon me Pete sausage.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: Consistency I would think would throw you.
Speaker 4: Chrispyer the better.
Speaker 2: That's right. Okay, good stuff.
Speaker 4: Here is Viking's News. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Somebody paid for that, right, paid for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love Rako. Yeah, they're waiting around for your initials.
Speaker 4: Game.
Speaker 3: Man, they sponsored me in this. I'm gonna win this big game. But it's gonna be great.
Speaker 2: Oh I like it.
Speaker 4: Good guys?
Speaker 2: What never mind?
Speaker 4: That's Dove uh.
Speaker 8: No in the blue shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah too.
Speaker 3: Father's Day is Sunday, So if you haven't made plans or gotten a gift yet, it's go time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Here's a quick look at what we're spending on dad in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Sweet Father's Day spending.
Speaker 3: Is expected to reach a record twenty seven point nine billion dollars this year.
Speaker 2: The previous record was twenty four billion.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Overall, seventy seven percent of people planning to celebrate Father's Day this year, and they expect to spend two hundred and twenty six dollars and fifty eight cents on average, up from the previous record of one hundred ninety nine dollars and thirty eight cents last year.
Speaker 2: What are you hoping to get for Father's Day? There saucy sauce. Uh, just time with my family?
Speaker 4: Oh you are the show is supposed to be funny.
Speaker 2: Changed.
Speaker 7: Oh, somebody fixed my light.
Speaker 2: That'd be good. What are you doing? What's he doing? Typing a message to me?
Speaker 4: Okay, my guests, you typed in two letters, two numbers or that?
Speaker 2: Yes, I did well. I'll be over about three. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: What are you and my dad doing?
Speaker 2: Right? I'm gonna beat his house right before I go over to your house.
Speaker 4: How about you, Mark Parrish? It's it's the gift that keeps.
Speaker 2: On giving about you. But that's what the guy you last year.
Speaker 6: Every day is Father's Day at the Paris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about you? Corey? What are you gonna get?
Speaker 4: I just want to windhom Clark win, That's all I want.
Speaker 2: But then Rosie wins.
Speaker 5: I know, I know it's worth it though it is right, and then I'll probably just microwave some bacon.
Speaker 4: Call it a day.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Martins, what are you doing for Mark? Musty Menion like Minion, that's his Name's got to be closed.
Speaker 9: Its mel Yeah, you're on the right track.
Speaker 4: Melb the spice girl.
Speaker 8: Dude, No, it's Matt.
Speaker 4: Is it a surprise or do you? Does he already know what you guys are doing?
Speaker 2: Mmmm?
Speaker 8: No, we're not. I don't know what we're doing.
Speaker 9: Typically we try to have a dinner together. Well, I've got an idea for you, because the two teenagers. That's not as easy what you got microwave bacon?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: According to American Customer Satisfaction Index, which sauce has never appeared upon, Jersey Mikes is now the highest rated quick service restaurant in America.
Speaker 2: I love Jersey Mikes.
Speaker 3: You could tell Chick fil A had been number one for a very long time. Just kidding your very sky.
Speaker 2: You look really good. You look so pretty.
Speaker 3: The Sandwich Change scored eighty four out of one hundred, dging out Chick fil A by a single point.
Speaker 2: Jersey Mike's rated well for its.
Speaker 3: Fresh ingredients, menu variety, and custom experience. The company also added more than two hundred new locations.
Speaker 2: Wow, holy moly, so you go Jursday. Mike's good said they do? They do?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, I mean the right answer is canes.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 5: Congrats to these spots as well for being in contention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 5: Yeah man, no slow, extra toast, thank you. In fact, that's what I'm gonna do for Father's Day. It is go to canes and get it for myself for free.
Speaker 4: They needed raising canes u Duluth.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 4: But listen raising canes. They want one in Duluth every tip of.
Speaker 2: That gual.
Speaker 7: I must MUSKFC. Well, but why else do you not want?
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe don't like it, But if you don't like it, that's that's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, nobody everybody likes.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The first mention of a so called dad joke ever in history was in nineteen eighty seven. The first book of dad jokes uh was written and called Falagelos or something like that.
Speaker 9: No idea, it's my neighbors different, that's a different book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, asked for for Father's Day into his phone.
Speaker 2: So don't forget Father's Day on Sunday, Oh forget Yeah, man, big day, big big day. I don't know. I just want the gig to go well. On Saturday, I want to blow.
Speaker 4: What time will that be?
Speaker 2: We got to send fifty five, and excited man.
Speaker 3: Goes, oh, hey, Core, yes, sir, you know one thing that we're going to get this weekend that I think both of us wanted for Father's Day.
Speaker 5: Houses the Dragon season three on Sunday an right perfect timing because again Widows Bats wrapped up on Wednesday, I have no shows to watch, and then what do you do? You just roll right into more prestige TV with House of the Dragon season three, and the early reviews are that it's spectacular.
Speaker 2: I cannot remember how the last season ended.
Speaker 8: Dragons were sure going to have to watch recaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're pretty good about that, right?
Speaker 4: And that sw so good? Yes, absolutely so good.
Speaker 9: Now will you watch right away when the first episode comes out? Or will you let a few build up so that when you watch the first one you have more to watch, because you if.
Speaker 5: You don't use of the Dragon, I just I just mainline and let's go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like to watch them one at a time. I like to have something to look forward to in this life.
Speaker 4: Exactly when that show ends on Sunday night.
Speaker 5: I'm like, well, there's always next days, weeks, seven days to go.
Speaker 3: Most of my life revolves around listen to somebody tell me how they change the light bulb for twenty five minutes.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you guys need an escape, and.
Speaker 3: I want to get to this before we go to break because I'm not sure because eight o'clock hour kind of flies by with the initials and everything like that. This is the kind of information that's really good for certain people on this show who aren't good at fixing things.
Speaker 2: In their house. Go on things to never.
Speaker 3: Ever plug into a power strip? Do you ever wonder like should I plug that out of a power strip?
Speaker 7: Or no? But that is a good question. Thanks, good series, appreciate you, Sauce.
Speaker 5: What do you think are a couple of things that are going to pop up on this list? What should you not put into a power strip? Not don't say body parts, I mean like actual things you could plug in.
Speaker 7: Uh like a AC unit, yeah, yeah, for sure, a blender.
Speaker 2: Win you should not do that. You're exactly right. An he's looking at the list, he's actually reading.
Speaker 4: Oh no, so yeah, refrigerators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't do that. Don't do microwave.
Speaker 3: Don't plug your coffee maker into a power strip.
Speaker 2: Oh really, don't plug your toaster into a coffee Why is this? I guess it? Uh, let me see, but by do do do? How to tell the power trip?
Speaker 3: I guess it makes them the the amount of heats traveling through.
Speaker 2: Them a little bit. My computer's restarting, thank you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of us.
Speaker 3: Too much, too much electricity powering through it, overheats it and could cause a fire.
Speaker 2: Wow. And don't do ladies, don't put your your hair dryers.
Speaker 3: Yeah uh into a power strip if you can help it, because apparently it's too much for him overheat the am I burn.
Speaker 2: Your house down?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 9: Man, I currently have my hair dryer in a power strip and have for years.
Speaker 2: See what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: You said currently that was super clever.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah, well you shouldn't do that, marns. Yeah, so we may have.
Speaker 8: Just want to rethink that.
Speaker 9: But where I dry my hair doesn't reach to an outlet, so it is an extension cord acceptable?
Speaker 8: Or is this strictly power.
Speaker 2: I would I'd buy a new house.
Speaker 8: Jared gave me thumbs up.
Speaker 4: Jared would Yeah, Jared would know hair.
Speaker 9: Dryer extension cord. Thumbs up or thumbs down? What do we think The.
Speaker 7: Guy that was on the fence about microwave bacon was a strong no for your hair.
Speaker 3: This guy's got some opinions about microwave bacon.
Speaker 2: No, he's on the fence. No, marns fire you. I just go with the air dry man. Just let it flow.
Speaker 4: Let it flow.
Speaker 2: Jesus, you know that's not I don't know why it sounded. Why are you always look at me like that? It's seven fifty nine. Just don't plug things in. Just just don't use electristy Amish people be cool?
Speaker 5: Wow, right any homage people in the crowd. We have no Amige fan.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Man, We're trying to our audience.
Speaker 4: Our ratings are just terrible with the Amish.
Speaker 2: They hate us.
Speaker 4: They don't get the jokes. They don't they've never seen House of the Dragon season one or two.
Speaker 2: And they can't.
Speaker 3: They think that I'm churning butter every time I make my emotions.
Speaker 4: They can't microwave bacon.
Speaker 2: But they can change a light bulb. Ye go off to top to ouday man that they've.
Speaker 4: Seen Rosen on WCCY he's in fair ball. That's all right. We'll do a quick fan five. When we come back, I'll give you a US Open leaderboard again. Wyndham Clark. So far, so good in round two.
Speaker 5: Uh then initial is about fifteen twenty minutes from now. We'll have one listener get the call in and take a crack at the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot. It's had a life changing one hundred and eighteen thousand, five hundred dollars if the caller guess, is there right?
Speaker 4: Two letters this morning.
Speaker 5: This is the Power Trait Morning Shoe Live from Grandma's Marathon and Duluth on the fan.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 4: The Twin Cities knows how to come together for our neighbors, for our community