Speaker 1: Money, money, money.
Speaker 2: If you get tingles from the latest money news, go ahead and tingle away. This is the Bloomberg Money Minute on seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 3: Already, time to say hello once more to Genie Ervetti from our Bloomberg newsroom in New York City, Gina. A new report looks at AI related layoffs in the year of twenty twenty five, and many of those cuts, as we've talked about, have come just recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Tom Ai has been cited for over forty eight thousand job cuts announced in the US so far this year, according to a recent estimate from the outplacement firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas. Now. Of those, thirty one thousand AI related job cuts were announced in October alone. The sudden uptick mirrors a sharp rise in planned layoffs generally. And once again later on today, we're going to hear from the big AI chip maker and video with its earnings.
Speaker 3: Tom all right, Gina. Target and Low's both reported earnings this month. Warning all ready, how are investors reacting to those?
Speaker 4: Well, we have Target shares moving lower. The latest outlook signaled the retailer's turnaround push is going to take more time. Target trimmed its profit forecast for twenty twenty five. It's dealing with markdowns and soft demand and key merchandise areas. Its latest results did beat estimates, and new CEO takes over early next year. Lowe's investors seem to like what they heard from the retailer. It's getting a boost from consumer spending on home renovations, besting its larger rival Home Depot. In the latest quarter, Low's reported profit that topped expectations and also had positive sales growth for a second quarter in a row. Tom Lowe's is also seeing what it called continued growth in sales to professional contractors. That's a business it's been looking to expand.
Speaker 1: Okay, Gina and the futures this morning.
Speaker 4: Well right now they're a little bit higher across the board. Dow futures up fifty seven as some futures up fifteen, Nasdaq futures up seventy points from Bloomberg. Ginas Cervetti on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Alrighty eight ten on the Morning Show seven hundred WLW. We were just talking about the morning show, the television show with Jen Montanas from here at iHeart Media and Lanta Urig. Like Curig, I had to make sure I got it straight here. She is the executive director of the Cincinnati Cancer Foundation, Lanta, Good morning, Thanks for coming in.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much for having me Tom. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: He and you and I both are proud alums of the Ohio University.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Yes, that's a great place to go to school.
Speaker 3: Yes it is, and you grew up not too far from there in Chilicothee, Ohio. First of all, there are a lot of people out there that are well aware of the Cincinnati Cancer Foundation and all the incredible work you guys do. But for those that maybe are just hearing about it for the first time or don't know much about it, tell me what is the Cincinnati Cancer Foundation.
Speaker 6: Well, Cincinnati Cancer Foundation was formed by doctor Bill Barrett. He's our founder in twenty sixteen and the goal of starting the foundation was to have the mission is to reduce the suffering and mortality associated with cancer. And our primary pillar or primary recognizable company that most people were aware of as the Cincinnati Cancer Advisor. So Sinnet Cancer Foundation supports and powers of Sincini Cancer Advisors and the Naples Cancer Advisors. Now and so what we do is free second opinions for people who have had a cancer diagnosis. We do regenetic testing and counseling, clinical trial navigation, financial counseling, and we do that all free of charge, so we charge patients nothing. Oftentimes, when you've had a cancer diagnosis, you get a lot of information. They're not you very quickly, and it can be hard to decipher and to know if you're making the right next step, and sometimes you only get one shot at that making the right decision. And so we're there to provide support consultative services only. We don't treat, so we don't compete with anybody, and so we just help patients. It's really very very patient focus. We just help them on their journey and make sure that they're on the right treatment.
Speaker 3: I just think that that part of it is so incredible because look, I don't know any family that hasn't been touched by cancer in some form or fashion, right, it's everywhere, seems like all the time. And knowing when you get that kind of diagnosis or maybe it's your wife, your husband, your father and mother, whatever the case may be, is you guys are there to say, okay, look we can help you navigate through this entire thing. We're not there to help cure you. We're rooting for that, praying for that. But whether it's from a financial standpoint, whether it's from finding a way to get a second opinion, because those can be so important. It must be unbelievably gratifying knowing you're going out there raising money for this kind of work.
Speaker 6: It is, It really is, especially when you see so many people that come in with that sense of anxiety and you know, leave after an appointment with us feeling like they're empowered and they know what's going on.
Speaker 5: We may not change it.
Speaker 6: We don't change the fact that they have cancer, but I think just empowering them to understand more about their diagnosis, to make them their own best advocate, and then we also communicate with their physician. So the whole goal is to just be synergistic, help all boats rise, and help the patient feel like they just have one more excellent partner on their team.
Speaker 3: All right, now, you were talking about heading up the foundation, which means you're looking to raise money.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a big deal.
Speaker 3: You've got a big deal going on right now called rivalry on the Rocks your a year end donation campaign, and you're tying this into the rivalry between the Bengals and the Browns. What is rivalry on the rocks.
Speaker 6: Well, we thought this would be really fun actually, because we have such a great Ohio fan base here in Cincinnati and we love the Bengals and some love the Browns. So we'll give everybody and we cross between Cincinnati and Florida, and there's so many people in the Florida area that are Ohio fan.
Speaker 1: You guys are acted. Just for the record, in Naples as well.
Speaker 3: Down there, you've taken this down there too, and so many Ohio winds down there.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 6: Yes, And so this package and we're very thankful for the support of of iHeart and helping us promote this. It's two tickets for the Bengals Browns game and the iHeart studio suites.
Speaker 1: God, I can't even get in there.
Speaker 6: And then also a two nights stay at Lytle Park Hotel, which is just a beautifulul.
Speaker 1: Downtown rooftop bar.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, gorgeous, and we're so grateful to them for their support. And it also comes with a bottle of heaven Hill bourbon which is signed by the Master Distiller, a very nice eighteen year bourbon for those know a lot about bourbon and find that interesting. And also a five hundred dollars gift card for flights and food, and then an opportunity to be on air with Pike.
Speaker 3: Right exactly Tony Pike Show. I mean, so all right, so we've got all that. Just to repeat, you get two tickets to the game or in the suite I beg your pardon, the iHeartMedia suite when the Bengals and Browns playing Cincinnati next season. Fourth, okay, yeah, next year, I should say, yes, this year still to come.
Speaker 1: It's at the end of this season, all right.
Speaker 3: You get two nights at the Litl Park Hotel, a five hundred dollars visa gift card, the Bourbon experience. Now they're only fifteen hundred total chances. So let's just say you know you've all done split the pot, right, You got fifteen hundred of these tickets in there. If you spend what you get, so how many tickets?
Speaker 6: So one hundred dollars donation gets you one chance. One thousand dollars donation get used to fifteen chances, so you get more for your money with more donation, but you can buy as many one hundred dollars chances as you would like, or fifteen chances for a thousand.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what I mean.
Speaker 3: This is just it's so great and look at the end of the year, this is also something that's someone By donating, you can make it a donation on your taxes.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Yes, yes, so it's a win win.
Speaker 6: You get to have a chance to have a great experience and also support a great cause.
Speaker 1: Now are you going to go to the game with them?
Speaker 6: Well, we only have two tickets, so well, Jen can pull some strengths. Yeah, that would be great. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, this is really exciting and the work you guys do you know, I know I said it a minute ago, but people just get so overwhelmed when they hear about this diagnosis of someone, if not themselves, in their family. And I don't know if this is this kind of thing is unique necessarily in the United States, or is just pretty much a Cincinnati idea sort of thing that's blossomed into what it is now and continuing to grow.
Speaker 6: Well, the idea of getting a second opinion itself is not new. You can get a second opinion at many organizations. However, what's very unique about the Insane Cancer Advisors and Naples Cancer Advisors is the fact that you get an honest broker second opinion where we're not affiliated with any organization. We're not trying to push anyone to go to this. Oftentimes, if you go for a second opinion, they will want you to stay with them and use their services and spend your money and your insurance with them.
Speaker 5: That's not our goal at all.
Speaker 6: Our goal is to just make sure that the patient knows that they're on the right treatment plan and that they're getting to the right level of care wherever that is. We want to make sure that we help facilitate that, and our physicians speak with their physicians and just really help coordinate and energize that care. And I think that's what's truly unique and the only place that we know of that this exists, especially that the fact that it's free of charge, that doesn't happen sure, yeah, you're right about that, And we don't even ask for an insurance card. And so that I think is what is truly unique and what you can only get the experience in Cincinnati, in Southwest Florida.
Speaker 1: All right, Lanna, you're a guy. I have to ask you.
Speaker 3: Where can people go if they want to donate and buy a chance to win this incredible prize?
Speaker 1: Where would they go?
Speaker 6: If they go to Cincinnati Cancer Advisors dot Org. At the top of the page, there's a little banner that has the contest, So if they just click that link, it'll take them right to that page. We're also on LinkedIn Instagram. We have promotions going out so they can click on those links as well. So we hope everyone takes the opportunity to take a chance and help support this wonderful cause.
Speaker 1: You'll be sold out by today.
Speaker 5: I hope.
Speaker 3: So thank you for taking the time to come in this morning and continue godspeed on all the great work you guys are doing well.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much time. We really appreciate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely eight nineteen seven hundred WLW. Let's get back on the road, Chuck. What's happening out there, sir? Starting to settle down a little bit. This from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: Are you one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you see help learn more at UCHealth dot com. Northbound seventy five clearing out through the cut in the Hills still runs a bit slow between Mitchell and the Lachland split from problems earlier. Southbound seventy five is close to a ten minute delay through Lochland that opens up once you get passed the lateral southbound seventy one. The heaviest traffic is between two seventy five and the lateral Westbound two seventy five continue slow out of Anderson Township into the new lane configuration on the bridge. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred WLW money is.
Speaker 2: Making money a good thing.
Speaker 1: You better believe it.
Speaker 2: This is the Boonburn money medeges on seven hundred wellw.
Speaker 4: All lies on in video which reports earnings after the closing bell today. Stocks finish lower yesterday. Google has debuted an updated version of its artificial intelligence model, Gemini, that executives said represents a massive jump in reasoning and coding ability. The new model, Gemini three, will be available immediately across all of Google's major products, including search and can answer questions with interactive graphics. Meta Platforms did not violate US antitrust law when it acquired Instagram and WhatsApp. That ruling from a federal judge in Washington, who said the Federal Trade Commission failed to prove the deals allowed Meta to illegally monopolize the social networking market. The decision is a massive loss for the FTC, which has been trying to break up the tech giant since twenty twenty, when it sued Meta during the first Trump administration. An FTC spokesperson said the agency is reviewing all of its options from Bloomberg genas Cervetti on NewsRadio seven HUNDREDLW.
Speaker 3: Fight eight forty and welcome back to the morning show here on seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Great to have you with us.
Speaker 3: Thanks for making us a part of your start to this Wednesday. Very busy these days. Man, when hoop starts up, he is living it, breathing it, eating it twenty four to seven, if not all year round. That's a head basketball coach at the University of Cincinnati kind enough to join us today, Coach Wes Miller, how are you, sir.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good.
Speaker 8: Thanks for having me on this morning.
Speaker 3: Of course, Hey, you got the big game Friday night. We'll get to that in a minute. Your thoughts on your team and the season unbeaten start so far. Rallied late the other night to win. What are your thoughts about this group so far?
Speaker 8: So far, I think we're doing fine. We have a really ice group of guys. We have a group that fits together.
Speaker 1: But we're new.
Speaker 8: I mean, we have so many new faces, so it's going to be a process. It's been a good process the summer of the fall, the preseason, but getting out there under the lights, playing against other teams for the first time, it's been good for us, and I think we're improving week to week. This team will play its best basketball in January and February. Confident in that. So a lot to improve on, but a lot of things that give us give us a lot of confidence.
Speaker 3: Here early I broadcast Atlantic Coast Conference basketball. Of course, you played in the ACC at the University of North Carolina, but I broadcast games there every weekend starting in January. In fact, I'm going back to your alma mater for a game of December. And the one thing I've noticed coach in this day and age of the portal and so many players changing teams and so forth, talk about how hard it is because you have so many new guys. Seems like a lot of schools have so many new guys, but I hear it from coaches all the time that you know, maybe they've had to change the way they coach in recent years. When you're bringing in that many new guys, well, it's just different.
Speaker 8: There's always challenges. It's a different kind of challenge. I think early in the year, you know, it's figuring out your rotations, your combinations on the floor, getting the ball to the right guys offensively, you know, finding some of the defensive schemes that work the best. I mean, when you've coached the team, or at least the nuts and bolts of the same team for two or three or four years, you have a lot of the answers to those questions before you ever play a game. When you have a ton of new faces, you're figuring some of that stuff out early in the year. And this is normal and professional basketball, which is why you're going to have five or six preseason games. I think in college basketball right now, you're going to see eighty percent of our game trying to figure a lot of these things out, you know, over the first month of the season, which is which is normal, and I think like you said, a lot of people are going through that. What's been good for us is there's been stretches that are just so promising. Yeah, and there's been enough of them that you can see that our offense can be dynamic, that we're going to be able to be able to score this year. There's been stretches defensively where you know, we can take things away or we can really have rem protection. We've been good in transition and stretches. So for us, it's about figuring out how to do those things more consistently. To this point, the work ethic in the mindset of the players has been there, so it gives me a great faith that we'll get there. Now we've got to continue to do those things. But again, I don't think we're very different than eighty percent. Certainly there's some programs that have a lot of turnover that are probably hitting their strides or But I think in today's game, if you can stay about the right things every day, and you do have some promising personnel and you have a good culture, which I believe we have, then I think you can be where you need to be in league play, which is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: You know, I was over working out yesterday afternoon and a hardcore you see fan guy who went to school at the University of Cincinnati. Older guy, he's been going to every single UC basketball game for thirty years and he's been to all the games so far you've played at home this year. And he said to me, he said, I think, when all of a sudden done, that this might be the most talented group that Coach Miller has had, just pure talent.
Speaker 1: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 8: You know, the talent word is an interesting word and how it's perceived you used. What I would say is the pieces fit together in a way on this roster that I think could let the talent show case itself better by the end of the year. I really believe that. I think we have linked in the front court. We have skill in the front court. We have enough skill on the perimeter. Again, I think we have some toughness. We lost a lot when we lost Jalen Haynes, but guys like Sincere Harris and Dayde Thomas and others, we have the bearcat toughness that I think you have to have to put that jersey on. So and I could keep going on and on. I think when you look at the collection of the roster, I do think it's not just a good roster with some experience and you know, some talent, as you may say, but it works together and then it's got to play that way. And I think that's what we're working for right now every day in practice and through these early season games.
Speaker 3: Before I ask you about the game coming up on Friday night at Heritage Bank Center against Louisville top ten team in a program that's on the rise again after being down for a long.
Speaker 1: Long, long time, dade A Thomas.
Speaker 3: You know, because I watch all your games, I just find him to be such an interesting player for your program because you know, two years ago he was you know, I mean, he was right there in the middle of all of it the first year you brought him in. And I'm not saying last year he took a step backwards. I'm not saying that at all. It just seemed like there were other focal points of the team besides him or maybe in front of him. Now, all of a sudden, it looks like, you know, he decided to stay here. He had an opportunity, I'm sure to leave. He likes it here, he likes playing for you, and he looks like he's capable of really being a big time player for you this year.
Speaker 1: Is that a fair assessment?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it is fair. Here's a young man that was a junior college transfer. I think he's somebody that people in Cincinnati can relate to. He is grateful to be here from the days walk on campus. He works for everything that he's gotten. You know, he plays that way. He plays with an edge that I relate to. And again I think people can relate to the follow our program. In terms of last year, I mean he's coming off of a foot injury and missed an entire offseason, had a six week setback, and he missed a lot of time early in the year, so he wasn't quite himself early in the year last year. And then I thought he found this dride late in the year and he was able to have a real off season this year. So, you know, we don't have many returners. You mentioned that earlier on the broadcast here, he's worth more than one, right because of all the experience he has and the leadership he has within our roster. So I'm excited about the start, But I do believe that what he's doing is sustainable because we've been able to see that all summer and all fall, and he's extremely confident right now.
Speaker 3: All right, let's zero in on Louisville. Very talented team, no doubt about it. Had a really, really good year last year, but a lot of those players from last year are gone because they were transfers who have now left and basically Pat Kelsey operating by and large with a pretty new roster, much like yourself. What's the challenge that Louisville presents on Friday Night?
Speaker 8: Well, a lot of challenges. I think they've They've done a great job of a semlin a roster that you know, I think has a lot of expectations to compete for a national championship on paper, and give those guys credit for that. You know, first off, you look at how prolific they can score it. I think they've scored one hundred and three of their first four games, and they got into the nineties against Kentucky a week ago or so. So keeping them at Bay scoring is a challenge, Right, They're going to go on runs. They've done that every time they've taken the floor, including their two exhibitions. You can't have them go on too many of them, but they're going to.
Speaker 7: Go on runs.
Speaker 8: You have to do to handle that. Guarding a three point line will be huge. We faced some of the players on their team before, I'm familiar with them. You know, Ryan Conwell, who played at Xavier last year, also at Indiana State and South Florida, is one of the best shooters in the country, but they have quite a few more so they have a tremendous roster. Again, Pat and his staff have done a great job. And you're playing against the sixth ranked team in the country early in the year. What a great opportunity. There's a history and a rivalry to Louisville Cincinnati. It's a game in our city, so there's a lot to be excited about, but it's also a tremendous challenge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I've said I used to broadcast the University of Cincinnati basketball games for many, many, many years, better than ten years when coach Huggins was here, seemingly a lifetime ago. And there is nothing better in the winner around here than when you see basketball is strong and you're off to a great start this year, and we'll be rooting for you on Friday night. Coach, I can't thank you enough for the time this morning and able to join us on the morning show.
Speaker 1: Good luck, go get them Friday night night. Thanks thanks for having me, all righty.
Speaker 3: Coach west Miller of the University of Cincinnata Bearcats. And it's truth, I mean, and that's you know, two things can be true at the same time. It doesn't mean anything negative against Xavier. It's just that there are so many more alumni of the University of Cincinnati that when they're good, I mean really good, When they're really good, it is very exciting for the town. And I understand the ticket sales are not going well for that game Friday night, so they are available Friday night, a renewal of what was forever a great rivalry against Louisville, and that'll be this Friday night at Heritage Bank Center. Low testosterone can cause a lot of problems, fellas, you don't sleep well, your workouts aren't the same, decreased energy, maybe even a low sex drive. And a lot of times we say I just getting older. Well you know what, storrtying. In our thirties, we start losing two to three percent of our testosterone production. Is men every single year. That's where I would invite you to at least get them a try. Check out Tri Statemen's Health. Go to Tri Statemenshealth dot com. Book an appointment, you walk in the door, you'll be in and out thirty forty minutes max. You give them a little blood, they run a testosterone test, a PSA test, you get the results back, you sit down with a licensed medical provider and you talk about the results and the options.
Speaker 1: And they're easy to find.
Speaker 3: And by the way, that appointment is ninety nine dollars unless you sign up for a testosterone treatment of the day of your appointment, then that visit is free and they're easy to find. Six locations for Tri State Men's Help Cincinnati, Dayton two and Columbus. That's in Hilliard and Westerville, Louisville, Kentucky and Northern Kentucky. Most men wait a year, if not longer, don't be one of them. Call them today at one eight hundred, nine hundred and nine and sixty five for or visit Tri State men Health dot com. All right, Chuck Ingram, how are we moving along at this point in time?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 7: Really starting to clear things out? All delayed times have dropped under the ten minute mark. This from the UCE Health Traffic Center. You, one of the thirty eight million Americans impacted by diabetes, got personalized education and treatment options from the experts at you See Health. Learn more at you see health dot com. Stopbound seventy five break lights continue in and out of Lachland. Stopbound seventy one heaviest between the Reagan Highway and the Lateral, and I continue to see some heavy traffic westbound two seventy five near Kellogg. That's thanks to the new construction and lane configuration on the bridge. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 3: RWCPO nine First Warning four cast presented by our buddy Jennifer A ketch Mark. She got busy this morning. They called some big powwow meeting, so she couldn't join us at seven forty, but she was here early at sevent ten uh overcast right now, overcast all day, probably dry, Probably a drizzle is possible, but by and large dry. We're up to fifty three degrees today. Tonight dry as well and not too cold. We're down to forty five. Mostly cloudy, overcast all day Tomorrow, high near sixty Tomorrow night going to be dry until you go to bed, and then overnight rain comes in. Expected to hang around just about all day on Friday. But Jennifer, I asked your point blank on the air, do you think when the high school football games playoff games start up Friday night, will it be dry by then? She thinks it will. So we'll keep our fingers crossing, and we're looking for a nice weekend. Some sunshine on Saturday, mostly sunny Sunday, and temperatures in the mid fifties. No complaints about that, especially here in mid November. All right, before we get out of here today, we thank Danny Gleeson, our producer extraordinaire, and we always encourage you to consider going to your local animal shelter and go get yourself a shelter, pet, shelter, dog, shelter cat. Maybe you just foster one if you can't keep one all the time, but get them out of there and give them another chance. I promise you you'll have a lot more love in your household and a lot more happiness in your household.
Speaker 1: I guarantee it.
Speaker 3: Eight fifty five on News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati,