Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo on the Morning show phone number eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty sixty five sixty five four eight In a given day, what do you think, as far as our group text is concerned, are the most amount of texts that we have ever sent in one particular day on average on average?
Speaker 2: Or the most you ask two different questions, on average or the most on average?
Speaker 1: What do you think that the the number of texts that we the that we sent.
Speaker 3: I'll scale back. I don't even really be in there like that. You don't even look at it anymore. I haven't sent links and probably.
Speaker 4: Gotal I don't know. Sixty a day.
Speaker 1: Sixty is way too much. No, no, no, it's it's in. It's actually, I say, like maybe twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty with all the likes and everything. I'm counting all that the thumbs.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's actually if I get an alert, it's twenty seven, is the average. So I went back and I looked at each day and it's twenty seven texts. And that includes texts that we send to each other on Saturdays and Sundays. So was the reason I bring this up is my wife Chelsea has now gotten to a point because of you know, I'm trying to stay away from my phone where she says to me, who are you texting? And I said, oh, I'm sending something to our group text. And she's now like noting when I do send stuff to the group text. Or she'll say, oh, who just texts you? And I'll say, oh, that's Lydia, she just sends a story in the group text, or that's you know, Anna, she just sent a you know, a reply to it. Or Zach he just you know, sends a story. Whatever the deal is, and she'll go, you guys got to stop doing this for each other. You guys are driving each other crazy. And so she came up with this thing that we need to a just send the stories to each other, but send the stories to each other right before the show starts. Because we end up sending these stories, you forget about them. You don't even know what's going on. And the only and truly the only stories that are major stories that we send to each other or major thing that we send to each other happened maybe once every I don't know, seven months or a year, Like you don't get an Oxford High school shooting that happens all the time.
Speaker 5: Thank God.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem, though, If we wait till the morning to send them, you're not going to remember to send them in the morning. Like I feel like if any of us see something it comes up on our feed on Instagram or TikTok or whatever, we immediately send it because we're like, oh, mental note, we got to talk about this, or Shan needs to put this in the dirty tomorrow. If I if I made a mental note to send it to myself in the morning, I would.
Speaker 5: But you never report them.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 4: I go through that group text in the morning.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of stories that come in there that you don't even look at. You don't even know that true.
Speaker 4: I look at them all. I might not report them because guess who gets to write the dirty?
Speaker 5: Oh me, I know, but no offense, because I'm not meaning this offense.
Speaker 4: I go how many times any morning the.
Speaker 5: Story that Shannon doesn't even look at. I don't have enough fingers.
Speaker 2: I look at them all when I'm in zec studio every morning loading the audio, and sometimes I don't think it.
Speaker 5: You obviously don't think they're interesting enough.
Speaker 2: Correct, Like I don't care that Apple is selling a sling for the phone that looks like Steve Jobs's turtle Hunt. I didn't do that story the way you know what I mean, but I didn't care to report that in The.
Speaker 5: Dirty, all right, so here, So that's that.
Speaker 7: We all said different things, though, because it's like a compilation of what we're all interested in, which is much like our listeners, they're all very different.
Speaker 4: Mojo sends a lot of political stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't like putting political stuff in The Dirty all the time, so I choose to ignore it.
Speaker 5: The problem.
Speaker 1: The problem is with a lot of the stuff that we do send, is a lot of the stuff that we do send, not a lot of it, according to my wife, is meaningful. And so she says, we're just annoying the crap out of each other. And she actually made a really good point, she said. And I don't always agree with Chelsea on this, and I'm not agreeing with her just because she's my wife and she could pretty much take most of my money. But she said, Saturdays and Sundays, we send so much crap to each other that it takes away the actual interesting stuff that we send, like a family photo or you know, a picture of a kid, our kids doing something or whatever. The deal is that all of a sudden, it like gets lost in the shuffle of a bajillion different stories.
Speaker 5: We had a.
Speaker 3: Meeting a while ago and we just didn't stick to it. But we created a different group chat for this. It was supposed to be the social media group chat.
Speaker 2: I hated that idea, you know, because I'm already in too many group texts to keep track of, so to have one more, I was like, please, just can we all just keep it in the mojo one?
Speaker 5: It failed.
Speaker 1: The problem with why we got rid of their social media group text is I think five people left the show in a year, so it was like we had to do but Hannah, what's up?
Speaker 7: Hannah, Hi, good morning. I just wanted to share a little life hack. Did you know that you can schedule sending text messages on iPhone?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 1: That is true, But that takes like five efforts of me having to figure out.
Speaker 5: What to do.
Speaker 7: It actually takes like thirty second. I do it thirty seconds. I do them for work every day, and it's great. You don't get bothered.
Speaker 5: All the time.
Speaker 1: Do you have people in your office that send a ton of emails and reply alls and things like that.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, it's my boss every day.
Speaker 1: Around six pm, and that's like time for you to be at home right and enjoying your family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why we literally had a like a team meeting about scheduling sending messages so we're not always disruptive to other people when they have lives outside of work.
Speaker 5: You know, what, what kind of work do you do? What do you do for a living.
Speaker 7: I'm technically a contractor, but I'm a care coordinator for victims of auto accidents.
Speaker 1: That's actually nice though, that you guys care about your personal time, you know. I do think that there are stuff that we should send, Like I do think, and it's good.
Speaker 5: Like I learned from Lydia.
Speaker 1: Majority of the time what is going on in the news, because Lydia is like always first, you know how the TV stations always go work first with the news. We break news. Lydia breaks news to us a lot of the time.
Speaker 2: I love when Lydia and keV send me things in a separate text because then I look and Lydia also knows. I don't have TikTok, so if somebody, if we send somebody sends.
Speaker 4: A TikTok in the group chat.
Speaker 2: I can't open it up, so Lydia will record her screen, which is a pain in the butt, but I appreciate her.
Speaker 5: So if you don't have TikTok, you can't just watch it anyway.
Speaker 2: No, now you used to be able to, and now it takes you to the app store.
Speaker 5: Oh what's going on, Marie? Hi?
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: I think I agree that you should wait till right before the show, but you know, I know you.
Speaker 5: Can forget, So why don't you just put it in your notes on your iPhone then you won't forget. That's actually not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: That's it that I think is probably more my speed than scheduling this stuff. But I don't know if you know this. The McRib is back and Diddy is going to get one year less in prison. I just want you to know that I'm going through all the news stories we have here put in I'm gonna put it in my notes. I'm gonna get that in my notes there. Oh there's a piece of audio we didn't do. I'mara Saint Brown talking about getting punched and.
Speaker 5: Sad Paint took a swing at.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think so too played before that we've gotten a little scuffle, yeah for sure. And they did it too. There's some bullish you know, back and forth whatever this and that and the other, and then you know this in the dirty today and go up to I say, though something nothing crazy decided to so, I mean, it is what it is.
Speaker 5: You don't think that the Amara Saint Brown getting you could.
Speaker 4: Have pulled it for trending news.
Speaker 5: My god? Why do I send these things? Kevin? Why do I send those?
Speaker 4: You're supposed to not be on your phone anyway, so don't send them.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many times the Pistons won games that Shannon woulden reput.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I'm the only one that actually talks about it.
Speaker 4: I love it, Kevin, to.
Speaker 3: This to have to I don't want to say make you, but I have to like politely.
Speaker 2: Encourage absolutely absolutely, whether by text or in person.
Speaker 1: It only and I listen, Hey, can I complain about something real quick? And that's not me complaining about Hannon? Can I complain that the Channel seven? I watched Channel seven's news all right, they're in Detroit, they're the ABC affiliate.
Speaker 5: They don't even do sports anymore? Where's Brad Galliat.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to watch, like at the news highlights, the sports highlights, and I go on and Brad's and they don't even have He's like on for five seconds. Can somebody tell me that?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 1: Why the best person on that entire network, that entire station. No offense to Carolyn Clifford, He's better than you. Why is he not on for more than a minute?
Speaker 5: Interesting? Who is the news director over there? I wonder if it to do it like the NBA's No, they don't do highlights. They do no highlights at all.
Speaker 3: And I don't know why I'm saying like I feel like I don't know, peer speculation. It's like the dumbest thing, pure speculation. But I wonder if like access has been leving on.
Speaker 1: I think that I don't know, they don't understand these the most talented guy on their station. Now back to my complaining about our group text. What's up, VICKI, how you doing?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 6: You can mute the group text and then check it like at a certain time, like you know, before you go to bed or yeah, but you don't have to have the sounds and the vibration it's constantly coming.
Speaker 1: But now with me doing the whole thirty minutes a day where I'm away from my phone thing two days, I have to And I did good yesterday too, you did I. I have to like physic physically be away from my phone and I cannot look at the amount of texts I get because it still shows me the amount of texts I have. And if I see that I have fifteen texts, I'm like, oh God, the world's ending, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So right, But you can also just turn like you.
Speaker 5: Can set you have Apple, right I do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can set a specific type of do not disturb, will just not show you your text notifications.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well, well as soon as I do that, that's when something major happens, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I know I'm worried about that.
Speaker 1: But I do think that we just got to like maybe send less.
Speaker 6: You know, all of you have Apple.
Speaker 5: You have a shared note, Vicky. I don't know, Vicky.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think what I need is a PowerPoint on this. I think I need like some kind of a thing. Oh and the other thing I want to complain about, Vicky. Besides, this can I complain. I want to complain. I want to complain about the fact that Jamie Watson always forwards me emails and I don't know where the email starts or still.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that drives me. Not even when they do that.
Speaker 5: I love Jamie Watson. She's in our.
Speaker 4: Sales departure several people that do.
Speaker 1: It, and they send these The string of emails is like eighty five deep, and I'm like, from.
Speaker 4: Twenty nineteen it started.
Speaker 5: I don't know where to start or stop. Yeah, I'm not joking.
Speaker 2: I finally had to call out one of the salespeople and say, can you please each month just start a new chain.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh that's a good idea too, for like monthly even reports and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I hate to complain, but I'm going to complain. But get it up. What else you got on your chest?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 5: It's that moment. No, I'm on a tip your tongue right now, let it fly. I don't know. I don't want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like when people call up and tell him what he should do when he doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 3: Anyways, who asked you