Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 4: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, your official Dodger pregame show as we get you ready for the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers as they are in the Desert to wrap up this four game series with the Diamondbacks. Dodgers forty and twenty two on this season, first place atop the NL West. They are seven and a half games up in the division and after taking two or three so far the Desert, the Dodgers go for the series win tonight in Phoenix with Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch from Chase Field coming up at six forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. You're gonna hear from David Vase throughout the hour, our Dodger insider. He's gonna go one on one with the bulldog Oral Hersheizer. We're gonna catch up with the manager, Dave Roberts in twenty minutes, get his pregame thoughts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment of course, the latest injury news, and shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA And in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galloping Ford broadcast with a check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was all about Otani, Otani the pitcher and Otani the hitter. Well on the Mound Show, Altani was fantastic. Six shutout innings. He scattered just two hits along the way while punching out six through eighty nine pitches and was marvelous on the mound. Oh wow. The Dodgers offense gave him plenty of run support to work with. It started in the second that got after Zach Gallen, Mookie Betts reaches on a throwing air up came up, Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: Betts gets a word from Chris Woodward, the first base coach. Tino Weebel back coaching at third tonight. It was a home for some Trey's graduation last night. Tucker swings hammers at deep right center, failed.
Speaker 1: Way backing over the pool.
Speaker 6: It is gone.
Speaker 2: A two run homer for Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers lead at to nothing.
Speaker 1: Home run number.
Speaker 2: Five for Tucker rbies twenty eight and twenty nine.
Speaker 5: Kyle Tucker needed that one. He actually tried bunting early and he had bats and then Kyle Tucker on the third pitch takes Zach Gallen deep to run home run. Dodgers with a two nothing lead in the third. More Dodger offense show aotany let off the inning with a wall. Andy Pie has double. Then Freddy Freeman with a two run single, madted four to nothing. Three batters later. Max Munsey added more.
Speaker 2: He comes set glove against his chest. Payoff pitch to Mounsie. Max swings It's a shot up the middle of a Yet Freeman's gonna get a way of Tom. He touches third here comes the throw, it's cut off. Freeman scores standing up. Max drives in a run. It's five nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 7: So Gallon is very fortunate that that line drive did not hit him right in the forehead. Looked like it was going to be dead center, and it went past him. That bow was absolutely smoked.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey with a line drive right back up the middle to Zach Gallen. Incomes Freddy Freeman. Dodgers with three runs of the third take a five to nothing lead. Top half of the seventh inning, they tacked on two more Alex Freelan a single to center that scored a pair as a Dodgers had a seven to nothing lead. Show hey O Tani. The didn't allow a hit until Gabriel Moreno's double over first base with two outs in the fourth. He induced an inning inning double play after Heraldo Perdomo singled in the six Sotani through a total eighty nine pitches last night. It was lifted after the Dodgers long top half of the seventh inning. The Dodgers bullpen came in Hernandez two scoreless innings, Dryer a scoreless ninth as the Dodgers get the win seven to nothing. Over the Diamondbacks. The Dodgers seven runs on sixteen hits. They held the Diamondbacks to just two hits. All game show, Hey Otani the pitcher, now six to two on this season show, Hey Otani the hitter now hitting three to ozho one after he goes three for four to two walks. He's now got a four to twenty on base percentage, ten home runs thirty three RBIs. He is the best in show this season, no doubt about it. As the Dodgers have now won sixteen of their last nineteen, they're leading the division now seven and a half games over both the Padres and the Diamondbacks, and tonight they look to add to that lead in the NL West. With Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch is six forty and with more we head out to the gallupin for broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. The Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks wrap up this four game set here in Phoenix. The Dodgers have won two, the Diamondbacks winning one, and the Dodgers start this game seven and a half games up in the division after the Podres fell again to Philadelphia in Philly this afternoon. Dodgers with forty wins forty and twenty two on the season. They have identical records home and road twenty and eleven, and they have won sixteen of the last twenty games the Diamondbacks thirty two and twenty nine. They're seven and a half back tied with the Podres in the National League Western Division standings. Lefty Justin Robluski comes off as best start as a major leaguer against Philadelphia last Friday. He'll get the start tonight at seven and two of the two to eight to seven ERA. Ryan Nelton Send, a right hander at two to four four eighty two. He's been giving up a lot of home runs this year and Moll. The Dodgers have a different looking lineup without show Hey Otani in it tonight, with Mookie Betts leading off a place that he's been very familiar with hitting over the course of his career.
Speaker 7: I do not believe that the Arizona Diamabacks are going to be disappointed that O'tani is not in the lineup. He went to six innings last night, no runs, only two had struck out six and by the way, he was on base five different times in the ballgame. So Mookie Betts, as you mentioned, he goes to the top of the order. Speaking of Mookie Betts, leading off the second ding last night, he hit a ground ball. Looked like it was going to be a routine ground ball out to shortstop. Well, Mookie Betts wasn't satisfied with that. He busted it going down the first base line as fast as he could. Turned out, the throw was not a particularly good one. What should have been an out wound up being an air only because Mookie Betts was hustling going down the line. The end result was the next batter, Kyle Tucker, instead of a solo home run. If Betts isn't running the ball out, the first base hit a two run home run. The Dodgers never looked back after that moment, just sort.
Speaker 2: Of getting the feeling with Mookie that he's got to get hot here pretty soon. Maybe it starts tonight. It could now that he's moving up to the leadoff spot for this ballgame, place where he has thrived over the course was major league career. But hitting just one eighty nine to start action tonight, and I think when you look at his hits twenty one in one hundred and eleven at bats, Granted he missed time on the shelf with an oblique injury, but it's probably about time we see Mookie Betts get heated up.
Speaker 7: And I think he left the ballgame with the positive thought. And here's the point. He lined out so sharply to shortstop in the eighth inning. I mean, it was a perfect swing, he squared it up, and hopefully that's going to be carrying over. And for this offense the Dodger ball club, there's a lot that's been carrying over, including Alex Friedland. You know, Freeland kind of gets overlooked in the shadows, but he was on base four different times last night, had three hits, he had a walkie, knocked in a couple of runs on top of that. So really the Dodgers again, one of those offensive charges top, middle and bottom of the lineup, all productive.
Speaker 2: Since Freeland was recalled, he's hitting three seventy five with a home run, So he's been putting the battle the baseball and playing very good defense as well. Ryan Ward in the lineup, hitting seventh, he'll play left field for the Dodgers. Dodgers trying to win this series and take forty one wins back to LA after this one seven and a half up as they continue to climb in the National League Western Division standings.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys, as we counting you down to first pitch on this Thursday night, Dodger fans, how about getting that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor? Sounds good? What of your Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, David Vasago's one on one with Oral Hrt Scheiser. We'll break down this pitching matchup. We got an injury report, thanks you, Otania, rewind what a night he had last night, and we'll hear from Kierson to Watson from sports Net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the desert. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Huntings on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Diamondbacks wrapping up this four game series in the desert. Justin Robleski, Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup, first pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: We'll wind up the two two pitch swing on end. This strike three ninety nine right by him.
Speaker 7: Basketball upstairs and that may have been out of the strike zone upstairs.
Speaker 2: And a breaking ball that just absolutely froze Walt Schmidt.
Speaker 7: It's the best breaking ball tonight by Otani. Wow so far, just mesmerizing.
Speaker 2: Few guys with multi hit games tonight and O'tani breaks his bat robson on the right field. He's got his third hit of the night and the bases are loaded. How the bat died a winner for Otani. It's his average back to three hundred.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 7: Hey, Otani has done everything tonight but dragged the infield.
Speaker 5: If they would have asked him, probably would have did it. Otani was six shutout Indians. He allowed two hit, struck out six while picking up his six win of the season lowing and his major league best EER eight is zero point seven to four. He allowed one earned run in twenty four innings during a four game winning street now O Towani the hitter, oh three more singles, reach base five times, scored a run part of a Dodger seven to nothing shutout win last night.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Carson now joins us from Arizona before the finale of this four game set brought to by Cars for Kids, Cars for Kids, dodd or here we are Kirston Dodgers a chance to win this year. He's after dropping the opener and no show Hey Otani in the lineup. How about that?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Everyone deserves a day off.
Speaker 8: And when I saw show Hey Otani in the clubhouse this afternoon, he was so calm, cool and collected.
Speaker 5: I said, show Hey, what's on the schedule for you today?
Speaker 8: And he said, a spa day And he deserves it. After the performance yesterday, six shutout innings, he got on base five times.
Speaker 5: He deserves a day off.
Speaker 8: He was also battling a very small blister, but Dave Roberts said that he doesn't believe it's anything that you know, He's dealt with it a little bit. The last few outings does not seem to be impacting anything. When it came to his command. He believes that's more of a mechanical thing. But you know what, it's an additional day for him to allow that blister to heal some for him just to reset physically. He is technically available off of the bench late in the game if need be, but it does sound like they do want to try to stay away from him. So hopefully if the offense can get something going early.
Speaker 5: No doubt in this offense, if they can explode, they'll get out of Arizona with the series win, which should be a good thing. And with no show Hey means a new leadoff hitter for the Dodgers. We've seen a couple of them when show Hay hasn't been in the lineup.
Speaker 8: But it's back to Mookie, back to Mookie bets and even with Mooki. You know, he actually did not get a hit last night, but he's been looking to get something going. You know, he is someone who there have been times where he felt like the swing is in a good spot. There have been other times where, even recently, he said that he has the right cues that he needs to give back to where he wants to be. So now it's just kind of looking to find that consistently. But Dave Roberts did say that he's like, as much as the results haven't been presenting themselves as much, he does really like where Mookie Betts is at the plate right now. He's obviously very familiar with batting leadoff. So the hope is, you know, he can kind of do what we in the past have been so used to, what he's been able to do with in the leadoff spots. Hopefully he can be the guy to kind of set the tone, get on base, provide some power, and hopefully he can be that guy to get the offense going Today.
Speaker 5: Now the Dodgers can get this win back home for a three game set that it's back on the road after that to the East goes. But you got imagine this Dodger Steam Keirson feeling pretty good before the game and afterwards, I then get out with a win and a seven and a half game lead in the division.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, they know that this has been an interesting series. Obviously, the Diamondbacks picked up the win in Game one. They showed the slug had some really quality pitching in that game. Yesterday, the Dodgers were able to do that, especially the lefties were on fire yesterday, so we kind of saw or I guess that's been We're in game four now, see that's how you know all feeling. But when you look at just game one and then compared to game two, was there a close one in which the Diamondbacks tried to fight their way back into it? Obviously that was the bullpen was struggling in that one. It's had but yesterday, now we're back on track. The shutout performance from the pitching staff, obviously, the offense on a tear, that's kind of more of the equation. They want to close out this series with more of a complete win when it comes to the ball to the team in this ballgame, So that's more of what they're leaning to. But they know that this has not been an easy series against the Diamondbacks, so they do just want to find a way to pick up this series win and they're looking for that today.
Speaker 5: The outside of last night's blowout win, it kind of felt like the first two games really could have gone either way, and they did as they split those first two games in the desert cursit. We appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game, hopefully a Dodger win still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. David Veazego's one on one with the Bulldog or all Hersheinzer. But up next an injury report and we'll get the pregame thoughts of the manager, Dave Roberts Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Thursday night from Phoenix. I'm Tim Kaytes's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck in TuS on this Thursday as we lead up to first pitch Dodgers in Diamonbacks final game of this four game set. Wronggo Casino Resort and spat a grand slam of for good times. Justin Robleski on the Mountain, first pitcher in Phoenix coming up in six forty.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: Presented by UCLA Healthy, Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tiskar Hernandez on the I L K. K. Hernandez on the I L. Tyler Glass Now Blake Snell on the IL Rock Stewart working his way back on the IEL from the last left foot bone spur and when Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery, Tommy Edmonds in Triple A Oklahoma City working his way back from an off season ankle surgery, Ben Casparius Landon, nat Evinstone, Evan Phillips all trying to get back at some point this year. Bruce Dercgraderal had back surgery over the weekend. Looks like he is out for an extended period. Still, all right, let's head back out to Phoenix and check out the Dodgers. Skipper anything.
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: You know, I think for me it's a it's a one off. It's obviously show he's not in there today. He's done it before I know the results haven't you know, shown it. But I do feel he's starting to get into a better spot, and you know, for this day that we're trying to win this series, I feel like he's the guy to kind of get a started side and I feel good about him against Nelson taking a few bucks kind of looking.
Speaker 8: To get the series Wednesday. You do have Desimer BLESSI. He's been such a steady force in the rotation. And what is it like when you pencil.
Speaker 9: His dam in for a start data, You know, it's a there's a there's an intensity. It's ah And I really appreciate the fact that he's had a good mentor in Clayton and he's sort of kind of trying to, you know, own some of that and kind of try to build on that. And I like it. I like the feel he's certainly prepared. He's he's a great competitor and you know, coming on the road win a series, he's a perfect guy for us tonight.
Speaker 5: All right, there's a manager Dave Roberts. Yeah, Mookie BET's gonna batle lead off and Justin Robleski the right guy to have on the mound to get this series win. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the David Bass says, we lead up to First Bitch from the Desert. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying, this is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Diamondbacks wrapping up this four game series Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alpto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces and sauces and hot sauces right to your table. Al Poto Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside there, David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV this Otawni blister. Is this something that's serious?
Speaker 4: I asked Dave Roberts, because the reporters last night were not really observant enough to realize that Otani did have a blister on his right middle fingers. So O'tani only talks after he pitches. Nobody asked him about the blister on his right middle finger, so we had to follow up today and Dave Roberts said that Otani has been dealing with that blister the last couple of starts, but he's not concerned that it's going to prevent him from making future starts. I did tap into our friends at the Angels and Mark Goubiza told me that O'tani did deal with a similar blister on that same right middle finger and it was caused by him throwing his split fingered fastball. So that is the pitch that has caused the blister. I did observe. Here's something else, Tim When O'tani got to the ballpark today in the clubhouse at three point thirty, I was there and I was observing that right hand to see if he had any extra bandaitgy on it.
Speaker 5: He did not.
Speaker 4: He went to go find a new bat out of his bat bag and did not really seem to be favoring that right hand at all. So that's a good sign as well.
Speaker 5: That is certainly good news. David is brought to you by Ford here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, those who will drive America Ford for two hundred and fifty years to come right now. Ford is offering employee pricing to everyone American value. For American values, go to your Southern California Ford dealer today or visit by Ford now dot com. David had the Dodgers turn another cast off reliever into something.
Speaker 4: I mean let's think about this tim Last year, it was Will Klein. Before that, it was Evan Phillips, and Dave Roberts made it a point to point out Jonathan Hernandez earlier today. And if you don't know who Jonathan Hernandez is, well for good reason. He's not a household name yet, but he could be like Will Klin and Evan Phillips. Jonathan Hernandez was signed to a major league deal by the Dodgers a few weeks ago. Hernandez was on the Phillies minor leagues or he was pitching for the Phillies minor leagues. He was on a minor league contract and he was granted his release to be able to sign with the Dodgers. And all Jonathan Hernandez has done in five games is pump a ninety seven fastball, pump a ninety six slider, and he has pitched eight innings.
Speaker 5: He has eight strikeouts and two walks.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Hernandez might be another guy that we had no clue who he was, but may become a real guy by the end of the year. And Dave Roberts certainly has been impressed by him.
Speaker 5: No doubt about it, all right, time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to by Sanea Park as a pick head to head this spring season at San Anita. We're looking at tomorrow's eighth race. It is currently an eight horse race. Who do you like in this one?
Speaker 2: David?
Speaker 4: Well, you know I'm always under the magnifying glass, Tim, So I'm gonna go with the number one horse, Magnify.
Speaker 5: All right. I see a lot of deer where I live. I'm gonna go with deer districts, the number five horse. So Dave's going with the one horse, magnified. Good luck to you, dv. It's Belmont Steaks Day at Sanada Park on Saturday. Enjoy uncurked wine event, track side, Family Fund Zone and more all this weekend at Santa Anita. Tickets at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, David's gonna go one on one with the bulldog Oral Hersheiser. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers magical moment. Don't go anywhere, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kates. Listen the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunter.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Diamondbacks wrapping up this four game series. Justter Robleski Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup. Dodgers looking for the series win. With a win tonight, also extend that lead in the NL West. First pitch coming up at six forty hot dog?
Speaker 1: Who wants a hot dog? It's time for the Hawfy magical moment. It's magical Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: Well, we go back to March thirtieth, twenty nineteen, Dodgers playing host to the Diamondbacks, a night in which the Dodgers absolutely demolished the Snakes.
Speaker 1: Here's a three to one fly ball the right field.
Speaker 2: Cody Pellinger has this one a long way well into the diamondback holepen.
Speaker 5: Second home run for the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 2: They're eleventh of the season.
Speaker 7: The Dodger lead now.
Speaker 1: Is six to two.
Speaker 5: Cuddy Bellinger a solo home run in the fifth of Zach Gottie. It only got worse after that. If you're a Diamondbacks fans, the Dodgers had four home runs. They cut off the head of the snake with an eighteen to five win back in March of twenty nineteen. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Talks. Haffey soakows local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey Hot Talks Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check back in with David and Rick, so we lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Snakes. I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Huntings on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Thursday night, wrapping up this four game series in the desert. Justin Robleski, Ryan Nelson the bitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your SOCOLM Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: And now joined by David Basseying, Here's La Dodgers broadcasterre and World Series champion Dodger Rick day.
Speaker 4: Well, Rick orl Herscheizer is going to join us later in the pregame show to talk about the fact that Christopher Sanchez came up a little short tyg and breaking his record.
Speaker 7: Is fitting because I just snuck in a little tidbit to you that you were not aware of, because I noticed it this morning. And it's a propriend that you're having Oral follow in just a few minutes because on this date and Oral broke the record of the great Don Drysdale. Well, it was on this date, nineteen sixty eight that Big d actually set the record his sixth consecutive shutout. He defeated the Pirates along with the Doctors, five to nothing. But the big reinhanders said at the time the major league record scoreless inning streak at fifty eight and two thirds innings. He did give up a run in his next start, But this was the anniversary of Don Drysdale's setting then the major league record and consecutive scoreless innings.
Speaker 4: Rick, you obviously knew Don Drysdale. You are around the team in nineteen eighty eight. What was that like for him?
Speaker 7: Let me tell you a personal story about Don Drysdale to give you an idea how much I respected the man. First of all, I saw him pitch a lot as a kid growing up. And what the Dodgers came out to la okay, so fine, Tommy Olsaura is trying to sign me out of Santa Monica High School. And my mother and I had dinner. My mom had pen in hand three different times of the contract in front of her, and each time she put the pin down and said, no, Rick needs to go to college to begin with. If he can make it in baseball, fine, but if he can he has something to fall back upon, that being a college education. So Tommy took the contract back, not just once and put in a bigger number. He's not just twice put in a bigger number, but three times. And that third time was the number my mom, a single parent, would have to have to work he years and years in order to reach. But my mom put the pin down. Tommy said later on, he goes, look, your mom did a wonderful negotiation, and I said, no, she was not negotiating, she was protecting. So in the process of Tommy trying to sign me, here's what the story gets interesting. He took us to Dodger's Stay and he took me into the locker room, and I got an autographed ball from you know. It was one of those gas station deals. Yeah, and Don signed it for my mother because my mom had requested a signature Don Drysdale. He was her favorite Dodger player, so he signed it. Later on, Don is now a broadcaster, and he said, hey, I understand your mother moved and she cannot find that photo. I'd said it evidently in an interview and he goes, wait here a second. He went and got a baseball and put it to my mom to Neldon, to Neldon, Don Drysdale. Sorry, it took so long, and he gave it to me to give to my mother. That's the respect that I have for Don Drysdale, because he heard the story that my mom had misplaced this autographed drawing of Don many years before, and he wanted to write the ship. So you're talking about someone that touched my family more than just from a at Oh. We like him because he's pitching for the Dodgers. It is a great pitcher.
Speaker 4: You know what's amazing. I never met him, but I've heard so many great stories. That one is the most incredible story I've heard about him. But I heard he was one of the more gregarious, fun loving guys you would ever meet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unless you were hit her. Yeah, unless you were hitter because he I think along with Bob Gibson as well. Yeah, because Don's line was, hey, intentional walk, No, no, no, I'm not going to throw four wide ones at the time. It only takes one pitch to hit the guy and then you can go to first. But why waste those extra pitches?
Speaker 4: Wasn't another mantra If you hit one of mine, I'm taking two of yours.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he finished it up. But if you hit one of my players on my team, I'm going to hit two years. And by the way, let me know when you've had enough.
Speaker 5: Those are great stories. Thanks Rick, thanks for sharing it.
Speaker 7: Enjoy the conversation with Oh, we'll do.
Speaker 4: And that'll be coming up later in the show, but for now we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Moe. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium is at uniclod dot com. Slash you still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Rickle be back with Tim Nevert. We're gonna get you those keys to the game. But it's David T's coming up next to the Bulldog Oral Herscheizer Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Thursday night, I'm Tim Kates is the back to back the World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 3: Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks one more time from the desert as the Dodgers go for the series when Justin Robleski Ryan Nelson. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Whin It's Game Night, It's Group Night, and Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end.
Speaker 4: We're joined right now by one of the all time great Dodgers, a man that led the eighty eight Dodgers to the World Series. World Series MVP Sports illustrated Back when there was a sports Illustrated, the eighty eight Sportsman of the Year, and of course the nineteen eighty eight Cy Young Award winner, and still and still the record holder of fifty nine consecutive scoreless sinnings, a Major League record, which actually is sixty seven because he pitched eight scoreless in Game one of the nineteen eighty eight NLCS. And that's the one and only Bulldog Oral Herscheizer. Great to be with you as always.
Speaker 6: You know what I need to take you on the road with me.
Speaker 5: That's some kind of introduction.
Speaker 4: Well, you deserve it, you accomplished it, and you definitely deserve more accolades in your future. But let's just get this out of the way right now. Everybody was hounding the Bulldog about Christopher Sanchez getting closer to your record. Number one. I know how you feel, but how did you do you feel about everybody asking you questions, especially when Philly was in LA last week?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it really starts to become news when you get that as far out as he did with he made it all the way up to fifty innings or so. And he's a tremendous young man and great pitcher and an unbelievable change up and a ground ball machine and a strikeout machine. Also a better strikeout picture than I was, for sure, But yeah, the interviews started to come, and really it was going to be. If he'd have made it through the last outing and still been scoreless, I'm sure I would have started to get busy with interviews. But the interviews are you know, the I accomplished something with my teammates. That scoreless streak is really a team record. You know, I wasn't a big time strikeout pitcher. I don't know what I averaged per nine innings in that maybe six or seven strikeouts, But you know, somebody had to pick up the ground ball and throw it the first somebody had to catch the fly ball in the gap, somebody had to turn a double play, and all of a sudden, I had first and third one out. So it's a team record. I know it gets attributed to one person, but it's definitely a big team record. And when I think back to eighty eight and what went on, it is more rewarding to think about my teammates and winning a world championship than the individual record.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, and I know that's not something we think about, but you being a guy that as a group in nineteen eighty eight accomplished something special makes a lot of sense that you're shining a light not on yourself but on your teammates.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Saxy and Moose and Gibbie and Soosh and Hatch and Hat should have wanted to maaybe the Co World Series MVPs. He was amazing, you know, Mickey meeting Mickey Mantle and hitting home runs after he wasn't a home run hitter. So you know, John Shelby, Mike Davis. I can go down the whole list of them, you know, but Franklin stubbed. I mean, those guys, that was quite a year. We weren't supposed to win, and we probably shouldn't have won, but we rose to the occasion in the key moments. Went to the brink with the Mets in Game seven, and we went to the brink. Really, I felt like even against the Bash Brothers with Oakland, I mean, you looked across the field and you saw Bobby Welch, and you saw Dave Stewart, and you saw Dave Parker and the Bash Brothers with Maguire and Conseco, and it's unbelievable while weissid short fantastic team that we had to beat, and we felt like we were the underdog even when we were heading that series, and probably even felt like an underdog even after we won it.
Speaker 4: Orrel Herscheiser is our guest. You'll hear him again tonight with Joe Davis on Sportsnet LA. And last night, I thought you just handled everything with so much class. But did you feel like you did have to say something on your own broadcast last night to acknowledge what Sanchez did and just how much attention you were getting.
Speaker 6: Joe brought it up in the first couple innings, you know, kind of like a congratulations, and we were going over some of the scores around the league and what the Padres had done, and I was actually pulling for the Padres a little bit because Walker Buehler was on the mound and all of a sudden, you know, Sanchez gives up the run and I think it was one to one at that time, and then I think somebody gave.
Speaker 5: Up I don't know was Walker.
Speaker 6: I haven't checked the box score, but he gave up a home run and all of a sudden they got ahead, So I, you know, I don't know about handling something with class or handling something with your true feelings. I think that people the hardest question is are you rooting for him? And that's a hard question because a record is a record. But you're not gonna wish ill will on somebody.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 6: The only time I would root against Christopher is when he's playing the Dodgers. So when he's playing the Padres and you're just watching, you're an observer and you know you're part of the equation because you had done something, and Don Drysdell had done something, and others had done something. So I thought about it as while it pretty much changed my life, the World Championship changed my life more than the fifty nine scoreless, But so why am I going to root negatively against somebody that has a chance to change their life and do something special. And whether he broke it or not, it wasn't going to change my present tense, It wasn't going to change my life at all. So I had very neutral feelings about what was going on. I know that people around me would kind of say, friends and family, especially doctor Kurjuski, they would kid me an awful lot about oh he gave up a run and I actually have to be where we're doing this interview. It happened to be in this booth and I was changing my shirt into the one I was gonna wear for the broadcast, and I wasn't even watching the screen. But the game happened to be on because it was kind of rotating around the league showing highlights, and they were having that live and so Rick go's base hit, base hit. It was it Merrill that got the hit. Rick's like, well, you're gonna owe him an awful lot of dinners. You might want to send him a bottle of champagne. So he was definitely kidding me about it.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time, always handling everything with class and dignity. Thanks a lot for the time, bulldog, Am I allowed to.
Speaker 5: Call you that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You are all right?
Speaker 4: Another victory here in the booth sports Net la Oral Hersheizer. He receive a gift card to Capitol Grill. You better not give that to Jackson Merrill.
Speaker 6: I give it to Rick re Juiceki, mister Oral Intelligence.
Speaker 4: Hey, Oral Hersheiser, Rick Rejuski, Joe Davis all class. So is Capitol Grill Fine Dining?
Speaker 5: At its best.
Speaker 4: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV leaning you up to first pitch on this Thursday Night, Dodgers and Diamondbacks. When we come back, we're gonna dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. That's next. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Thursday Nights fourth and final game of the series. Dodgers going for the series win after dropping the opener, come back with back to back Wayne's looking to get the series win tonight. First pitch at six forty and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Brought to you by here Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Ryan Nelson on the mound two and four, four eighty two ERA, twenty eight year old right hander in his fifth season now in the Big League's making his thirteenth start. Last time out, Ryan Nelson went five and a third innings, gave up five runs on seven hits, four home runs he gave up and a loss of the Seattle Mariners last weekend. He has quality start so in his last three home starts at Chase Field, going one and oh with a two O eight e R five and runs over twenty one and two third innings, allowing a two oh five batting average against with thirteen strikeouts, so he's pitched well at home recently against left handed hitters equally good, holding him to a two thirteen average with twenty three strikeouts at this season. In his sixth start and ninth appearance against the Dodgers in his career, Ryan Nelson is two and oher with eight two seventy two er ray in his last three home games against the Dodgers at Chase Field one to zero with a three RRA eighteen innings pitched with eighteen strikeouts, so he's not gonna be easy facing the big right hander Justin Roblesky. What a story he has been for the Dodgers. The twenty five year old left hander is seven and two with a two to eighty seven r RAY now in his third full season in the big leagues. His first year as a member of this rotation, Justin Robleski has really pitched well as an opener as a reliever bulkeeting guy last year in October he was fantastic coming out of the bullpen for Dave Roberts, now in the rotation in twenty twenty six. Making his tenth start this season, Justin Roblesky last time out seven innings, one run, one hit, nine strikeouts, nine walks a zero walks in a win over the Phillies. Facing the Diamondbacks for a third time now in his career. His second start, he's zho to one with a fourteen twenty one er ray, so it's kind of high. Last faced them September last year, tossing one inning and striking out. To keep in mind, Justin Robleski's workload already sixty two and two third innings last season alone in twenty four games. He was sixty six and two third innings in twenty twenty fourth at big league level, thirty six and a third innings at eight games. So tonight he even go four innings, we'll pass his workload of all of last year in eleven starts before we even get to the All Star break. So it's Justin Robleski and Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup. Dodgers and Diamondbacks were fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Thursday, ninth, final game of this four game series. Justin Robleski, Ryan Nelson the pitching matchup, so we get you ready for this. Started the game with a Saporo starts great moment. Start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference to the Poro has you cover at the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Saporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth. Tim Nevertrickmunday, guys.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks very much getting you set for this. Won the final game of this four game set in Phoenix, Arizona. Roof will be closed again tonight as the temperatures outside well over one hundred degrees. Justin Robloski, the left hander, it's seven and two as a two eight seven ERA, very good era for him, certainly, and coming off an outstanding outing, his best as a big leaguer, where he gave up just one hit and struck out nine against the Phillies. And you know, for Justin Robleski, he's been a really, really big surprise. The Dodgers knew they had a very good pitcher in him, but I don't know if they figured he'd have seven wins at this point in the season.
Speaker 7: No, A couple of things to be looking at. In the first inning, his ERA is six. In the second inning, his ERA is five. How about the third, fourth, and fifth inning combine zero. So he's had difficulty getting going. And once he's gotten going, mile my, has he ever been good?
Speaker 2: Ryan Nelson, his mind opponent. The right hander had a tough time last time out against Seattle, as he ended up giving up five runs and four home runs in that game. Now, last year, at one hundred and fifty four innings pitched, Nelson gave up seventeen home runs. This year in sixty five and a third innings pitched, He's already surrendered fifty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he moves that fast ball upstairs. That's been good bread and butter for him. However, for the Dodgers hitting, don't chase that fast ball upstairs out of the strike zone. He gets some swings and misses up there, but he gets that fast ball down. Yep. A lot of outfield has been turning around and seeing where the ball lands.
Speaker 2: Dodgers forty and twenty two, the Diamondbacks thirty two and twenty nine lineups and first pitch just around the corner.
Speaker 5: All right, Dodgers going to play forty and twenty two. As Tim mentioned, they are on a roll, having won two straight, eight of ten, sixteen of their last nineteen. They are seven and a half games up on both Arizona and San Diego, as the Padres lost earlier today six to two, six to four in Philadelphia, and with that loss, the Padres really are really losing six to four in Philly, as the Padres have now lost three. There are three and eleven in the last fourteen games, Dodgers eleven and three. Thus the seven and a half game lead, and they can tack on a half more against San Diego and one full game against Arizona with a win tonight Justin Robleski Ran Nelson. The pitching matchup first Pitch is next. Enjoyed everybody. I'll be back after the game with all the postgame festivities including Dodger Talk as well. This has been Morogo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network