Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, June twenty sixth, twenty twenty six. Lots to get you today from my half to address this to parents charged that this seven year old dies at two hundred.
Speaker 3: And fifty five pounds and the air conditioning debate just went totally skywall plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam more Sea Lane is here, Josh is with us?
Speaker 1: Who and so are you? You can send us a dispatch. Go to the Neewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You could also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling the right of the studio at a real time. And this never ever ever happens. Friend, what happens?
Speaker 4: What happened? We got a last minute message. Yeah, just here in the nick of time.
Speaker 5: They they just came in and handed me this. The staff here at the studio came in here and to hand me this last minute message. It appears to be from that reporter who got sworn by the Scottish fans.
Speaker 1: Let's see what she said Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday has arrived.
Speaker 1: Patch yourself on the back. How's everybody doing on a Friday?
Speaker 4: Mostly good?
Speaker 1: But you know you kind of forgot something today. You forgot something. I always worry I'm gonna forget something. What I forget? You didn't give Josh and I are our little pep talk that you've been doing every week.
Speaker 4: I gave up. I gave up on that. Yeah, we feel bad about the show. The mediocre ass. Hey guys, let's let's get run into utter title the mosses the word of the day inspiration. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been giving advice to times in my career, and one is like you got to rally the team behind you, get everybody on the same page.
Speaker 4: And the tires and light the fires.
Speaker 5: So, being a professional broadcaster, I've tried to over the years put that into play and it has failed every time.
Speaker 1: So I you know, I'm I'm here. We're just unincouragible. Yes you are the unencouragible all right with capital THG.
Speaker 5: But we're gonna do it today. We're gonna do it. We're gonna have a great show. I feel it in my bones. We got a lot of good stuff to work through. Drama all the rest here on the show. Learn moreover at the news junkie dot com. As we jump into our opening clip, let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, Let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours. And I wonder what would Josh do if he was out walking his little doggie.
Speaker 1: You just gonna have a bracelet about that.
Speaker 5: It's just yeah, yeah, people think it means something else sometimes, but it doesn't.
Speaker 4: They're wrong. Now, what would Josh do if you were out there?
Speaker 5: You got your little doggie, he's on a leash, You're bringing him through the neighborhood. And well, I mean, this probably wouldn't happen in your neighborhood. You'd be more likely to encounter a palette man than a bear. But this lady encountered a bear. Do you let scrape go? Does you let him run and beline for the bear and attack it? He's all muscled? Oh no, you keep him and you pick him up. He is a singular bite size for a bear. He's not very big.
Speaker 1: Speed of a bear though, like a bear, seems like, yeah, it could be very damaging.
Speaker 5: One hundred and fifty miles an hour. Yeah, yeah, not a lot of people know.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of people know until the bear comes running at you and changes. Is it really?
Speaker 4: That's pretty?
Speaker 1: That's fast, That is fast, and that's a big animal to be moving that quickly. Are you bigger than a bear?
Speaker 7: Sea land?
Speaker 4: Depends on the bear, I think depends on the community he's in.
Speaker 5: I don't say that to be offensive in the slightest. I just legitimately I'm saying, like I stood up next to you, are you larger than a brown bear? Or are is a brown bear going to be more taller and more significant than you?
Speaker 1: In size?
Speaker 4: Let's see a brown bear in height.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they stand five six four six five.
Speaker 1: I can be taller. Adult brown bears stand about three and a half to five feet tall. Oh, at the shoulder, when on all fours, when they stand upright on their hind legs. Now, we're getting seven to ten feet tall. I am not bigger than a brown bear. No, he's not.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Josh and Ceiland are very tall, both of It's ridiculous. They make me feel short. It's six feet tall.
Speaker 4: You're short.
Speaker 5: I'm not tall, not short? Okay, aren't you like five eleven. I'm not five eleven.
Speaker 1: I'm six feet tall without a doubt, all Right'm measured by the state.
Speaker 4: Five eleven drives a Hyundai.
Speaker 1: The adult not today. This is why there was no pep talk.
Speaker 5: Here we go back to the back to the lady with her dog and the bear.
Speaker 4: This woman, she's brave, much braver than us.
Speaker 1: Here we go, no, go away. I don't know what noise is.
Speaker 4: That noise is working, you're right, Uh, it's They use it in dog training a lot because it mimics like, uh, snake noises in the wild, afraid of snakes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's genius. Actually it Also it also reminds me of the episode of South Park where Cartman was so misbehaved that they brought in Caesar Milan to dog train him and he kept doing the thing the dog cover. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they kept doing that for the Cartman to get him to shape up.
Speaker 5: So this lady has her dog on a very short leash right in front of her, this beautiful black dog, and there is a very large, very big bear. Somebody's is a Kodiak bear, don't it's a big bear, is a huge bear.
Speaker 1: And this woman is bravely fighting with her dog against this bear that's coming near the dogs. Like, I don't know, am I in trouble? The bear's in trouble.
Speaker 5: She's walking away, the bear keeps coming towards them.
Speaker 1: I know she's doing all of the right things.
Speaker 4: I know she's doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's doing all of the right things right now.
Speaker 5: But everything in me would be saying, sean, turn around and just full full speed.
Speaker 1: I yeah, yeah, I don't know. It's not The dog can run, guys, So the dog can run.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I told you this story about that one time when we were over in the park walking lady and Courtney's got lady on the leash and this big giant snake comes out the grass like a cobra or something, and Corny goes, ah, she throws the leash and he gives me and she goes running.
Speaker 5: And that's what she would do. But this lady was standing strong. Oh he's really going for the dog. Now, hey, stop, vacku him down.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 5: It's running circles right now. The dog is very close to her. She's pulling the dog tight to keep The bear is now just a matter of feet away from her.
Speaker 1: Somebody says, sit the dog on it. That dog's dead.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: If you sit the dog on the bar, the moment that dog leaves her side, it's dead.
Speaker 1: Also, the dog has to be trained to sick on it, like if you've never sicked your dog on anything. Now it's not the time. The first time is not now, and it's like sick of and it's like no, no more dog by dog, lady, Lady's sick. The dog literally just one bites the animal. Wait, goad, do we try something?
Speaker 5: Can you find for me real quick, Seilane, some copyright free death metal music and see what this was?
Speaker 4: Not a bad vocalist, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Like she's away. I think it worked. By the way, the dog was safe. She was safe.
Speaker 5: The bear ended up hauling ass into the woods, so now we know that's making those noises and brilliantly said by Josh and Seelane, like a snake or something else to scare them away. Absolutely worked, and you got to just be strong and not turn away.
Speaker 1: I've gone over this for years and years on the show. Never encountered a bear that close though, Thank god I haven't had to use it. Let me know when you get this, because I'm eager to try the going through the tubes. Yeah, it's a very very slow internet day. Are you just gonna play it from your side? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, perfect, of course, no use to internet collaborative effort. That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 5: When when this goes on the charts, everybody we have all well, just me and Sea.
Speaker 1: All right, it's almost ready. And this is called the Last Breath of the World. All right, perfect, perfect, Last Breath of the World.
Speaker 5: Break down a little all.
Speaker 4: Right, real kind of work down. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Get that on iTunes, folks, get it right now, the Last Breath.
Speaker 6: Of the World.
Speaker 4: Wild on that one.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah.
Speaker 5: Bears after a dog. True, true, There you go. That lady did it. She survived.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to be anywhere near one of those giant animals. I do not.
Speaker 5: We have so many things to get into today. I got an amazing clip where somebody tries to rally up the crowd and the crowd does not go along with them Jeb Bush style.
Speaker 4: Oh please clap, oh god.
Speaker 5: It always just makes my heart so full when I hear a clip like that, the Jeb Bush one where he finished his line he was like, and that's why I'm going to be the president of the United States of America. Please clap, and then people started clapping.
Speaker 4: Into the clap. Please please please clap.
Speaker 1: The silence is killing me right now. Please. This is is maybe more impressive than that. It was.
Speaker 5: She was trying to get the crowd filed out and they weren't, and we're going along with it.
Speaker 1: We'll get that momentarily on the show.
Speaker 5: I also have to get to this guy who went nuts because he got a red light camera from AI and he said, I wasn't even there.
Speaker 1: You guys gave me a ticket.
Speaker 5: Your AI is wrong, and he went off on the city council. I'll give you that audio. I mean, that's just the beginning. We have so many things today. It's gonna be a wild show. And here we go with a couple of emails to kick it off.
Speaker 1: Roger emails tips at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 5: Roger says, what were you using yesterday? About forty six minutes into the show? What AI was it? When you asked it on School Mike about the group the musical group Goose and how they got a bad rap for how they got famous or something like that. The AI seemed really good, like it was giving real answers. That is our internal AI sirt. You will never get access to it. That was created by Joshua Fowler. He hand coded it. Jervis, Yeah he's he is actually secretly the top cod arena. I pretend he made this And yeah, you'll never be able to get a hold of it unless you just talk to your chat GPT.
Speaker 1: Why does Goose have a bad rap? Everybody likes Goose? The band Goose. You don't remember this thing, so you know, you know, somebody just died in a Goose I know that's why people are talking about him lately. Yeah, the band Goose.
Speaker 5: When they first came out, there was a bunch of rumors that they were like an industry plant band and that they were using bots to buy all their tickets so that the tickets would be sold out.
Speaker 1: So people would be like, what's this band Goose? They're sold out? Why can't I go to the Goose show? I want to go to the Goose show.
Speaker 4: Wantn't that backfire on them when they play to an empty room?
Speaker 5: Well, because then all of a sudden people wanted to get the tickets to the show they couldn't go to.
Speaker 1: I guess it's an old jam band, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like like the spaghetti incident or all those you know, probably not for me, but there you go.
Speaker 1: That's what it was.
Speaker 5: It's a chat GPT. Paul emails. He says, good morning, Sure, good morning, sir. Not sure, sure, good morning sir, good afternoon. Whatever, It's fine. I'm still having issues with the podcast player, the podcast chat player. I think the only way I can listen to it if I'm in chat. If I switch it on, it automatically stops. He say, oh, if the screen shuts his chat podcast player stops. I understand that's the case. I pushed an update for this this morning, within forty eight hours. That should be repaired on the iPhone app, and you should be good to go.
Speaker 1: All right, easy, pasy.
Speaker 5: The other thing before we launch off full speed here, if you are local and you are going to the poker tournament, the big celebrity poker, Yeah, you could play poker with the likes of us or other famous people and it's going to be absolutely amazing. It's all for a great cause and a very very good charity. And I think, what is there two tickets left? There are only two tickets left.
Speaker 1: So as we go, as we kind of predicted this thing was gonna sell out quick, and I told you, I told you like two days ago. If you want tickets, if you want to participate in the poker tournament, if you want to play poker in the tournament, Uh huh, you have to act right now. Real Radio, Dot FM, slash Poker thanks to just call them O that mortgage guy Don. If you miss out on these tickets and you still want to come hang out with us, you go to that mortgage guy Don casino. The casino passes will still be available, but there are only two tickets left to actually sit at a table and play poker with us for the charity poker tournament benefiting the Mustard Seed of Central Florida.
Speaker 5: So, by the way, I see that anybody from anywhere listening to the show right now could come to this poker tourn You guys could.
Speaker 1: Come hang out with us to listen to us all this. You've got time to plan. It's August fifteenth at the Orlando Science Center, which coincidentally, my son is at right now telling the other kids that the dinosaurs are fake. I just got your son's a creationist. I got a text from my wife that said, what a buzzkill and I was like, what's a buzzkill? When did you get there? And it was closed and I opened the text and I go no oh. He was telling the other kids that the dinosaurs aren't real. Ulis and Jackson, these are a test from God.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: He's a wild card, this guy. So those grab those final two tickets to the poker thanks to just call him Mode, that mortgage guy, Don Mills, Air, Solar Source, hard Rock Cafe and Fun Planners all our great sponsors, and those tickets are going today. So if you want to do this, if you're thinking about doing this, real Radio FM slash Poker, all right, we will be going MOX five when we come back on the show full force on a Friday to launching into the weekend.
Speaker 4: I got this guy who went nuclear. You're gonna hear him.
Speaker 1: He goes nuclear because he got a red light camera ticket and he said, I.
Speaker 5: Wasn't even there. This is unbelievable and this could happen to you. Wait till you hear how he beat this whole thing. This is wild audio and it's coming up next in the news Junkie. This man is pissed and he has every right to be pissed. As far as I can tell, he's one of these people, and a lot of you apparently are on the same page here. Let's check with a Sea Lan and Josh to see where they're at on this. Have either of you ever gotten a ticket where you come back, you don't know anything's happening, and you get a ticket in the mail, red light ticket or a stop light ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think I knew it was happening. But yeah, yeah, you knew that you were getting at Sea Land. But it's still like just showed up in the mail afterwards. Yes, And lastly he showed up to somebody else's mail because I was driving their car. Wow, interesting that you brought that up.
Speaker 5: Actually, that's literally what happened to this guy who's going viral this week, Jacob Rockwell. He was fined for running a red light in Pensacola, Florida. Problem is, Jacob wasn't in Pensacola. He wasn't in Florida. He was in Alabama when all this happened, pretty clear, and he was pretty upset by this. So he went to speak his mind, as you do sometimes because you can't yell at the AI is it fair to call it an AI? Like there's there's AI technology somehow going.
Speaker 4: On, Like you mean a plate reader. Yeah, there's there's artificial intelligence reading the plate.
Speaker 5: Mild of the numbers. Let's see what else they say about this. Here's Jacob Rockwell, he's upset about getting this. I'm sure you've been in this position.
Speaker 1: Let's listen.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be a little bit meaner than them, so please don't violate my rights. Normally I wouldn't come to a city council meeting. I'm one of the county's pains in the ass. Historically, I stay out of the city and the city stays out of my business.
Speaker 4: It was a pretty decent arrangement.
Speaker 8: But then y'all sent me one of these tickets from one of your AI red light cameras you have deemed as necessary infrastructure in your city.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Did do I sound like him?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: One of the AI one of the new Angle AI cameras. They are AI, though, the news are Yeah. AI.
Speaker 5: Josh is just like a broad word, I guess in some cases, like it's not like chat GPT is in the camera, but it's using some of that technology, I guess, And Jacob is math.
Speaker 8: Thing about this is is I was in Seminole, Alabama at the time I allegedly ran this red light downtown. How can I be in two places at once?
Speaker 4: You ask don't worry.
Speaker 8: I asked myself that too, outside of Scotty beating me up thirty miles in an instant conclusion is I wasn't there.
Speaker 5: Why is this guy annoying?
Speaker 1: I like it too, annoying for letting these losers, these these politicians have it. Who cares about that?
Speaker 4: Just get to the point.
Speaker 1: Man, he's getting to the point.
Speaker 4: He's not.
Speaker 1: He has to tell me in two places once, it'sid for maybe Scotty beating me up. I'm gonna be a little bit meaner, so please don't violate my roots.
Speaker 4: They don't listen if you don't talk like that. Josh is right. If you just show up and go, hey, I'm really upset about this fake red light ticket, they'll be like, all right, we'll look into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to push your weight around a little bit. You got to make a couple of silly jokes. You got to do that sort of stuff to get some attention here.
Speaker 1: You don't have to tell me about pushing weight around right, shacub try to win you over sea.
Speaker 8: Left unconstitutional for this for this reason because the enforcement action of three one six dot zero zero eight three unduly shifts the burden of proof to the vehicle owner me to prove my innocence, rather than the state having to prove my guilt.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, Abraham Dragon friends.
Speaker 5: As in Chat, I wonder if AI wrote this for him, if he used AI to write the anti AI screed, that that would be a point against it. But I don't know that he does. Yeah, it's it's on he's reading it off his cell phone.
Speaker 8: The fault, I've been convicted by a computer program. Usually this whole mess of who can committed the infraction is settled by a police officer pulling somebody over and actually witnessing them in the driver's seat.
Speaker 4: The AI camera doesn't do.
Speaker 8: Any driver verification whatsoever. To get your constitutionally mandated do you process, you have to jump through hoops put up by Automated Enforcement Division, a private company in Orlando that's owned by another corporation called Novoa Global, which is owned by a Chilean Swedish millionaire named Carlos Hofstad.
Speaker 4: So not only do right.
Speaker 1: You messed around, You messed around with the wrong guy. He has a little extra time on his hands.
Speaker 4: Hell, Swedish millionaire.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Carlos Hell, Hell, I'll have no fury like a man with a little bit of time on his hands, all right. And so he's gone out and he's like, is owned by this company, which is owned by this company, and there's there's no actual human beings.
Speaker 1: All I wanted is to get some restitution in that. I don't like the disdain with which he said, Orlando, Uh, you speak better of my hometown.
Speaker 5: Please, don't get triggered by that. He's just calling out the bad part, all right, just the bad part.
Speaker 8: This process flow through a private company. Our DMV wreckords and personal registration information are accessible by a foreign actor. But anyway, AD sends you this paper. But anyway, I want to fight this thing because you're wrongfully accused me.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 8: You can't just request a hearing through PPD or the courthouse. Remember, Carlos is involved. So if you have to go through his company, his website, print off his paper, fill it out with enough information to take out a home loan, have it notarized, mail it to the foreign actor. Carlos and Orlando and then wait for something for someone to tell you about a hearing.
Speaker 4: This is undue burden.
Speaker 1: Even that, is that true?
Speaker 5: You get the ticket in the mail, you got to like, right, and you've got to put all this information into contest it. Do they make it that difficult to contest it? Because I believe as an American, if you are charged with anything, if you are receive any fines, it should be very easy for you to contest anything that is levied against you. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I think if what he's saying is true, it does sound like some sort of violation of due process, always winning you over? Is he winning you over?
Speaker 5: I didn't say I like the guy now, So okay, maybe maybe he brings it home here at the end.
Speaker 1: There's just.
Speaker 4: Maybe he sings. You don't know it.
Speaker 5: Might he might go into like some sort of song and dance here again.
Speaker 8: To try to get some kind of due process. Paying is super easy, though, Go figure and about that. You can't pay cash. PPD doesn't accept it. Neither does Carlos. According to one USC fifty one oh three, all US currency and coins must be accepted for all government obligations fines.
Speaker 1: Fees, taxes, and jools.
Speaker 4: So not only does this.
Speaker 8: Whole thing violate constitutional due process, it violates federal law by not accepting US currency to satisfy a government action. Whoever thought this was a good idea as a self loathing America hating bureaucratic hobgoblin whose pockets probably got stacked with Carlos Bucks. He got my attention, though, I'm going to become a more frequent voice down here working to expose frauds and petty tyrants. Congratulations, you all got yourselves a new pain in the ass.
Speaker 5: All right, there he goes, a new pain of the ass unlocked. Does that mean that he holds on? Does that mean that he paid the bill? Jacob Rock Well, uh, because it doesn't sound like you got away with a w E R TV says. Man raises concerns about Pensacola red light camera ticket, says he was out of town. He said it was somebody else. I guess who was driving his car at the time in the age? Did he say to the wrong person? Did he say that somebody else was driving his car? He didn't say that in his speech that we just heard, but I guess that is what happened there was somebody else, same situation you were in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what happened with that was the red light ticket was sent to the person who the car was registered, you know under uh huh. And then it's like there's an option where it's like, if you weren't the one driving the car, fill out the name and address of the person that we got to send this to, and then they sent it to me. You've got to rat out somebody else behind the wheel of your vehicle if you don't want to pay the fund. But now you gotta go through Carlos and or Orlando. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't talk to Carlos at all.
Speaker 5: It says he wasn't driving his own car that day and Pensacol as somebody else was. If you're to have these systems in our communities, make sure to verify the driver and make sure you send the tickets to the right person. Pensacola police say, an officer looks at each violation to make sure the tag matches the car, and that's about it was your vehicle. There was that, your vehicle that committed the violation. That's enough, they said for a civil citation. Rockwell doesn't like the system. The big brother system is on America. It's trying to ask and none of the voters asked for this. Well, ain'ty right about that one? The red light enforcement company based in Orlando, Novoa Global, has been used in Pensacola for every year. There are five intersections that have the cameras. The cameras are there to save lives, the officers dead. It's all about saving lives and raising revenue. It's all about saving lives.
Speaker 1: And making more money for them to buy cool stuff with Rockwell wouldn't say was driving his car.
Speaker 5: Now he's going to traffic court to fight the ticket. He will not rat out the actual driver. I dig it, I dig it fight this stuff. They're gonna nickel and dimos folks. That's why I'm saying we might as well get a break on our property taxes or other taxes wherever we can. We should get them to slash our taxes because they're going to get in from a million different places, and they will never stop asking for more of your money ever, ever, ever, They'll keep asking for more. It's like a little kid until you slap their hand away. You give them five dollars and then they come back another week, and then you give them another five dollars, and they come back another day, and then every day you give him five dollars, and they want ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Now they want fifteen dollars. Now they want five thousands.
Speaker 4: If you give a mousea cookie, he's gonna want some milk. Exactly. Yes, thank god you're here, Josh. I breathe a little bit of sanity into this. Okay.
Speaker 1: And I don't know how it works in Pensacola, but I have a copy of a red light ticket that was issued to someone I know. Okay, in order though not me? No, okay, all right. Option A make a payment. You can pay by mail via checker money order, or you can pay in person, which I would assume that you could do the cash in person, but maybe maybe not, I don't know. You can also pay online. Option B request a hearing to challenge this citation. Request a court hearing prior to some date. Sign and mail this original citation of the Orange County Clerk of Court. Please keep a copy for your records. If the official determines no infraction has been committed, no cost or penalty shall be imposed. Blah blah, blah blah. If this box is not checked, the hearing will not be scheduled, and the court will schedule you're hearing and.
Speaker 4: Notify you the day.
Speaker 5: Like, here's the problem I have with some of this stuff. They'll go, all right, you need to schedule a hearing. You go, okay, and they'll go Wednesday between eleven am and three pm.
Speaker 1: And you'll go, I'm busy, I gotta work, I gotta do stuff. And they go, well, then I guess you don't want to contest your ticket pal, And then you go, so Wednesday, we'll do this. They go, well, if we can get you in on Wednesday, if you go to overflow, then we'll bring you in on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Of course, you go, why can't you call me on my phone? And then we'll hammer this out and I'll tell you what my side of the story is. No, no, no, no, no, we can't do that. We don't have the infrastructure. Carlos has not paid for us to have those sorts of technological features over here.
Speaker 1: I think it's screwy.
Speaker 5: I think we should be as easy as possible to do this, and I don't know if that's easy enough. But everybody can make up their own mind and let us know. Send a dispatch over at the Newsyunky dot com right now. Over on the website download the app if you want. You could fire off dispatches with your words to get on this show as easy as that iPhone android.
Speaker 1: We got you covered.
Speaker 5: Go over to the website right now, record your message and send it to the show. You can also email tips at thenewschunky dot com. Here's the clip I was telling you about paying off the teases today, baby, trying to be professional over here the last one, and this is Kathy Hochel.
Speaker 1: You guys know who she is, correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Heard of her?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who is she?
Speaker 1: What's what's her?
Speaker 4: Gig?
Speaker 5: Kat the old cat dog. We're gonna need to know that. We're on in three markets in the state of.
Speaker 4: New York for the Governor of New York. Yes, thank you again, Josh.
Speaker 1: Thank god you're here to breathe some intelligence into this situation that somebody needs to do it. Here's Kathy Hochel.
Speaker 5: She was at this big event, huge crowd in front of her, and she was trying to get them the Governor of New York all fired up about the Buffalo bills, and I guess their upcoming season. But the crowd was not really they were not really gassed. Here here's how it went. She got into a very Jeb Bush esque moment.
Speaker 10: Let's go Buffalo, Let's go Buffalo, Let's go Buffalo.
Speaker 1: All right, seriously, you want you want? You got to win a.
Speaker 10: Championship season with that kind of enthusiasm.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: I like getting mad at the audience. Let's go, hey, nobody's doing it.
Speaker 1: Listen, losers, Yeah, this is this is how we uh you know, this.
Speaker 4: Is how we lose games. Here.
Speaker 1: I like that she responded by getting mad at the people and kind of calling them out for not participating, rather than the absolute patheticness that was please clap. Yeah, it is less sad than Jeb Bush. Just for the record, that we play that one more time for people who don't know. Jeb Bush was at a presidential thing. I believe he's trying to run for president. And he dropped a line and he's like, and that is why I want to be the next president of the United States of America. Dead silence, and so he had to say, please class, please clap.
Speaker 5: Please, thank the Lord, Thank the Lord. I didn't think they were going to clap, but she tries to do it again.
Speaker 10: Let's go Buffalo, Let's go Buffalo.
Speaker 1: Let's go Buffalo.
Speaker 10: All right, seriously, are you're gonna win a championship season with that kind of enthusiasm? Men and women of labor, you know what I'm talking about. Let's go Buffalo. Let's go Buffalo. We got to get his play some good karma, right.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was much better the second time. It's like two people, it's no Knicks parade, No, it's not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like the people that were at this I don't know if it's a labor union or whatever. The people that were at this event were not sports fans. They weren't jazzed up. Josh is right again, he's on fire today. Can't be God, he's here with the sports knowledge.
Speaker 1: Otherwise it would just be a vacuous space with none of it. And in this case, if you did this in New York after the next game, everybody be like, ah, they'd be stealing trash cans, partying, throwing DEI parties, whatever. But here, none of these people were fans. And that became very clear when she tried to get the crowd riled up we'll see what you have to say about all of this. We'll get to your dispatches rolling in right now. I just found out this today. But please Clap has its own Wikipedia page. No, no, was it really? It was what he was running for office, right, yeah, for president And it's like please clap with a phrase used by Jeb Bush on February second, twenty sixteen, while campaigning in New Hampshire during the twenty sixteen Republican Party presidential primaries. That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Look at this.
Speaker 5: It's got a picture legit has a whole lass page. My god, all right, well there you go. Let's go Buffalo. Let's no no same reaction here. Oh like Buffalo when we come back. Parents in big trouble after their seven year old child passed away.
Speaker 1: He was two hundred and fifty five pounds. This is a crazy story. We're gonna get some twists in here. I've also got this insane body camera rest. You gotta hear this, and a whole lot more. It's a very busy show. It's all coming up next on the news.
Speaker 7: Junkie.
Speaker 1: Throw them in jail.
Speaker 5: That is my message for the parents of this seven year old boy who finds himself in a story going absolutely viral today, and people have every right to be pissed off when they hear a story like this. And one thing that before I get into the unbelievable details here, that always sticks with me that I always try to mention on this show is that, you know, the only major true privilege that people don't recognize is the privilege of your spawn point, where you are born.
Speaker 1: Where you start.
Speaker 5: Spawn point comes from a video game, like you're playing Fortnite or something depends on, you know, some algorithm of where you start in the game. Some places are better than others, and your spawn point into this existence that we're all sharing together on this ride called Planet Earth is key. I was lucky enough to be born in the Great United States of America.
Speaker 1: I didn't do anything. I didn't do anything to make that happen, right, I had no part in it.
Speaker 5: It just occurred, and I was lucky for that to happen. I was lucky to grow up in a house with a mom and a dad. I was lucky to grow up in a house where we had food on the table and all these things that factor into your spawn point. This kid had a very bad spawn point, you might say. And he's already from Flint, Michigan. So things weren't great to start with. This seven year old kid passed away. His parents have now been charged. The seven year old kid was two one hundred and fifty five pounds, all right. I just saw somebody in TNJ chat who said they were six six or something, and they weren't two hundred and fifty five pounds.
Speaker 1: I haven't been two hundred and fifty five pounds in a couple of years. Say what, I'm seven years old, Sea Lane seven?
Speaker 5: You know how old? You know how much as seven year old is supposed to weigh just out of curiosity? Less than that. Less than that is right, Josh, that is right. Eighty is still too high, Oh, a seven year old? If doctorounds, yeah, fifty pounds, all right?
Speaker 1: Fifty five zero. He weighed two hundred and fifty five.
Speaker 4: He's in the ninety ninth percentile for his age group, in the worst kind of way. Here's the local news report on this poor kid. His parents need to spend serious time behind bars. Let's see what they say here. Hold on, let me get this fired off. Years as a prosecutor.
Speaker 11: The parents of a seven year old boy who's chandled twelve two hundred pounds space murder, child abuse.
Speaker 5: His dad and mom are fat too. If that shocks any of you, I've got a bridge.
Speaker 12: This torture charges.
Speaker 11: This story began to unfold on November fourth, when a nine toh one call was made for a young boy in distress at a Flint township home.
Speaker 1: He was rushed to a hospital, but he.
Speaker 11: Died, and Terry, the Genesee County Prosecutor, says, this is just a terrible case of neglect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, neglect did a weird way though, because you neglect to give him food.
Speaker 1: Coct sound like you know, the kids starved to death. That didn't happen. It was just more of a neglect of like good decision making.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was fifty inches tall, which is what four feet a round, four feet tall, two hundred and fifty five pounds.
Speaker 4: He does, Angie, and that's why his office.
Speaker 13: His charge appearance was second degree murder following the death of their seven year old Casper, their son.
Speaker 1: He was fifty inches tall.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't laugh, don't laugh his name. Don't laugh at the dead kid, Casper's name.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Michael, it doesn't make it better. Let's just say that, on the face of it, this is cruel and extreme suffering from this child caused by the neglect of the parents.
Speaker 13: Forty year old Damian O'Brien and his wife, forty one year old Jessica O'Brien face the same charges in connection with the death of their seven year old son, Casper. The most serious charge second degree murder. Flint Township Police came to this home on Danny on November fourth, twenty twenty five, for a report of a child in distress. Casper was taking to Hurley Medical Center where he died a short time.
Speaker 1: Leader.
Speaker 5: So he died of a dilated cardio myopathy, which I guess causes heart failure, and so I think he just essentially his body was just too big and he had a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Basically, that's what it sounds like to me. I like a heart failure at seven Josh seven years old, seven years old.
Speaker 5: This kid didn't have a chance. He got bored to this house with these two losers. I hate to say this, do old food in his mouth for seven years?
Speaker 1: I hate to say this. I don't think murder was the right charge. Now do you think they should have that couple does not look like they can afford a good lawyer. No just I mean, the kid looks way somehow healthier than they do. But maybe it's just like a good camera on the kid and just terrible, terrible, no good mum shots. But second degree murder I think like would need intent. Like they are charging the parents with killing this kid. I think manslaughter would have been more appropriate.
Speaker 5: I hope they didn't overcharge just because they were so upset fighting in the name of this young kid. But you could be right about that, Sea Lane. It could be the case this kid didn't even have a pediatrician. He had not been to the doctor. They did not bring him in to discuss his health with anybody. They just kept shoveling food down his mouth, which I will tell you is every bit as bad and evil, inherently evil as not feeding your kid at all.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: This says second degree murder can be in the event of extreme recklessness that demonstrates a depraved indifference to human life.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, that sounds that sounds that yeah, that says Layton says. The father has a good job and the family has real health insurance. The morning the child died They even called their veterinarian to have their dog. They had the dog treated, not the kid, not the seven year old who's two hundred and fifty five pounds or was they also have a five year old daughter. None of these kids even existed in the eyes of the government. Child Protective Services had never been out there. Nobody knew about these kids. They had never been to school, not once in their lives. God, all right, that's your spawn.
Speaker 1: Your spawn was that your spawn point was that you didn't grow up in that house. Your sponnd point was that that didn't happen to you, Thank God. And when this does happen and parents get caught up in these situations, under the jail, all right, under the jail with the parents who put this kid through this, because it wasn't decisions that he made. It wasn't anybody else's fault save for them, for the two of them. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 5: Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Here's somebody saying Mark to tips at the news Junkie dot com with an email coming in And if you want to be anonymous, Mark didn't put this, but you can put anonymous on top of the email, Mark says, Hey, Sean, have you seen her talk about the video of the security guy shooting a dude at point blank range in the face with a taser.
Speaker 1: If not, you need to find it. It issly wild. Yeah, I saw that too.
Speaker 5: I've got it here somewhere before we hit the brake, I'll play it for you. This is in San Diego. A bouncer got arrested. I'll put this up on see it now during the break. I think they just played music over it, so I don't think anybody's gonna curse here. But a bouncer got arrested because he he just pulls out this taser and shoots it at this guy's face.
Speaker 1: I guess here is yeah, right in the face, like and then he got This is him getting arrested.
Speaker 5: He looks like a cop. He's got a whole security thing on the ground. The dude who got hit is down on his hands and knees. He hits the pavement, but they saying what happened?
Speaker 1: What happened to him? I'll go back one more time for those of you on YouTube dot com slash in the news jokee.
Speaker 5: Look look how close this was? Oof right in the face as close range as you can get. I'm gonna put this up on see it now, so if you're listening to this show, you can go take a look at exactly what happened here in this case.
Speaker 1: And the bouncer did get arrested for this.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the email to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Okay, quick break, We're back with so much more as we roll onto the show. The battleover air conditioning rages as it's ninety some odd degrees outside for most of the country and a mega heat dome is on the way. What does that mean for you? That's coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 1: This is honestly the one thing going on in the news that I just literally do not understand.
Speaker 5: When I watch what's happening, I go, huh, it's quite hot out there, right, It's hot all over the world. This is not new. This is not a new phenomenon. It's literally called summer. It's called summer, and in the northern hemisphere it gets a bit hot. You know, you go outside and you go whoop. All right, even your pool is warm this time of year. It's just how it happens.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: The Europeans. I don't know. I mean, there's a million reasons why, and they're all pretty stupid. They have decided to not adapt to this. They have decided to not adapt to what's been going on humans getting accustomed to being a little more comfortable and utilizing technology and advancements to make them feel more comfortable, i e.
Speaker 1: Air Conditioning.
Speaker 5: Now, I saw in France there was a store that opened up. I'll play this for those of you on YouTube YouTube dot com Slash the News Junki YouTube dot.
Speaker 1: Com Slash the News Junkie.
Speaker 5: The store opens up and they had fans on sale Sea Lane, and the people all started fighting over the fans because they didn't have air conditioning and it's hot in France. Likes yeah, like like little room fans, Like you might have one pointing out your bed or on the couch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a box fan.
Speaker 1: Josh, Yeah, you're at the fans store every day is Black Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're ripping each other apart to try and get their hands on fans.
Speaker 5: Here's what happened when they launched the fans sale at this store.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait wait wait wait are they all running? They're grabbing the fans.
Speaker 4: Wie is this guy saying yes? Over and over again.
Speaker 5: They're all grabbing, They're fighting. Men are fighting women shoving people out of the way, all to get a fan.
Speaker 4: This is my fun.
Speaker 1: It's hot, man, it's so hot out there.
Speaker 5: They're fighting each other to try to get the purchase that they're looking for, to get the fans. Your country has not made the right turn on this technology makes us better and makes us more comfortable. We drive cars because we came up with something better. We end up using all the other technology, like the internet to connect us and make things better. We watch television on four K screens because it made life a little bit better. We don't sit there and go like.
Speaker 1: Well, what is this doing to the planet right now?
Speaker 5: No, you say it's hot, so I want an air conditioner, and I don't want my citizens dying as a result or fighting over fans like this. But I even saw, because this is happening in England as well. I saw.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 5: Let's stay in France for a second, where I guess they've now taken to frying eggs and bacon directly in the sun outside their apartments.
Speaker 4: Here, it's always.
Speaker 5: They put pans outside the sun.
Speaker 4: That's not real.
Speaker 1: That's a sound effect if I ever heard on it is sticking to the pan for sure.
Speaker 4: It was a pan that he just took off the stove.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put an egg in there. Yeah, it's hot, so people do that here in America. I saw somebody baking in a video that went viral this week and they were making like muffins on the dashboard of their vehicle, these things.
Speaker 1: This is this is.
Speaker 5: What's going on out there because it's hot. But the clip that really got me, that just it really got my attention was in the UK and Good Morning Britain. They had a guy on and the discussion was literally is it selfish to get air conditioning?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, what has gone on? Your brains are baked? Is it selfish to get air conditioning? No, get air conditioning. Let people be comfortable.
Speaker 5: If you want to do something else to like save the planet and air quotes, do it beyond that? How weird is this the data go on there like is it selfish to get air conditioning in the summer?
Speaker 14: With an is the electricity running the air coorn units? So actually, if you can switch your electricity provider to one that's completely renewable or you speak to your MP and tell them that we need to get off oil and gas, not allow new giant oil fields like Rosebank that they're currently still considering to go ahead. Those are the sorts of things that means that we can actually make our grid green and that we can actually have AIRCN without making it.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody's done with this, Just for the record, like so many people are done with this. This is so stupid.
Speaker 5: Imagine melting in the hot sun of the summer and being like, I can't do it because of climate change, or going I have to change my power provider. You know how easy it is to change the power company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or his other advice, the American equivalent, would be get your local representative on the line and ask them to get us a nuclear power plant right now. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also the obsession with what they considered to be green power. He's like, well, you know, if you get wind and sun power, the missions from the air con if nobody's talking about nuclear power, it's way cleaner than both of those. It is through and through cleaner than both of those processes, and absolutely is better for whatever it is you're looking for. They never bring that up in these situations. If people are hot, Let them have an air conditioner. It's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: You we're out. Would take the heck of a long.
Speaker 4: Time, are you somebody in the interim? You shouldn't have eckon?
Speaker 1: You should wait until you can say, hand on hot. Yep, it's green energy that's keeping me cool.
Speaker 14: Well, I think you need to be honest about the fact that it has costs, right, and then when we have who care?
Speaker 1: Everything has costs? Who cares?
Speaker 14: Yeah, face these sorts of costs, and we then need to make a decision, Well, who should we prioritize. Should it just be someone who fancies being a bit cooler or should we be prioritizing the people who need it?
Speaker 4: Would not dying?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 1: Do you fancy being a bit cooler? Dude? Do you what I get it?
Speaker 5: Like, I'm not saying, you know, trying to help out the planet is like the worst thing in the world, But I'm saying that when people are legit dying because it's so hot outside or it's too cold and they need a.
Speaker 1: Heater, and you're like, oh, there is not renewable energy.
Speaker 5: You have lost the plot, buddy, Like normal people, normanis are going to hear that and go, what are you talking to?
Speaker 15: Young kids?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 14: People who are elderly, people who have disabilities that mean that they can't call themselves so rational conditioning. So you're not trying to be sensible about the fact that it has a huge cost and therefore not just cooling down massive spaces.
Speaker 4: Right, you're not in a care home, you're not elderly. Look at you, there resplendent in your youth.
Speaker 1: Why do you deserve air conditioning?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not ignorant to the fact that it does, unfortunately come at a cost and arguably us using so much.
Speaker 1: I just don't care. What's going on that? Did you see that?
Speaker 5: It's hard for you to see, but the graphics on the screen says this is Sean of Phillips, former Love Island contestant and mom of two. I don't know why she's on the panel that's deciding this. Sola decided she doesn't care about the planet.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what the.
Speaker 5: Truth is.
Speaker 1: Why why are these people fighting over this? It's hot.
Speaker 5: Let people get little air conditioner units for their house, little small ones. The power bill goes up a couple of bucks. You have a little bit more energy demand. I bet you use more power from your little tea machines and your coffee makers and everything else.
Speaker 4: Get them right where it hurts.
Speaker 1: Machines, that's right. Your tea kettles, what are they? What are they called? Teapots? A pot that electric electric induced heating for your teapot.
Speaker 5: You know, I think this is so stupid. It's hot. Let people have air conditioners. Once they have the air conditioner and they're nice and comfortable inside, then you can go, hey, I think we should do X, Y or Z. Literally, some of these people are so stupid. The messaging is so dumb. I imagine they must have brains. So if you sit down and you go, hey, wouldn't it be best if we worked like we're making some progress here. We could shift more people into electric vehicles and they won't need gasoline, and then.
Speaker 1: That will be better. You'll like that, right.
Speaker 5: We could shift them over by making vehicles more desirable, and they'll want to buy. Maybe they'll be better deals a regular car, a gas powered car. If you will fifty thousand dollars, maybe we can make it so electric vehicles are like ten thousand dollars and everybody will want one and you'll make. But no, they're like, your grandma can't have air con on account of the planet.
Speaker 1: You're Wow, it's so I don't.
Speaker 5: Know how you undo that, Like this is what's happened in some of these people's brains. It's just that deeply ingrained that they'll sit there and watch this all happen.
Speaker 1: I saw earlier Big Doug Millionaire chimed in because you were playing that video of them fighting over the fans in France, and he said that your French is not as good as your African. It's really good.
Speaker 5: My African accent has been the talk of the town.
Speaker 1: Ye here's just for people who didn't hear it yesterday.
Speaker 16: Here is the lion, and over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's fairly accurate with Can we ask that guy if you've seen the giraffe? You guys seen the giraffe stories or no, no, oh my god, I can't believe I've seen Gracie the giraffe. There's a giraffe missing in Texas.
Speaker 1: Seems like you should be able to find a giraffe. I agree with you. Is it laying down somewhere? It seems like that.
Speaker 5: Guy the African dude, you were just playing. It seems like he might be able to find one.
Speaker 16: Here, mister Watson over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah.
Speaker 5: No, no giraffes to be seen. They lost the giraffe in Texas, a kid, you not? I think this is nine news.
Speaker 17: Other news tonight, the hunt is on in Real County for a giraffe named Gracie.
Speaker 4: For real, we escaped from a local ranch.
Speaker 12: Hence, my reporter Mikey Menez went to Lakey and spoke with the sheriff about the search that's underway.
Speaker 18: Laky the school's mascot from Eagles, But I'm tooles.
Speaker 1: They're the Leaky Eagles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true, breaking the news.
Speaker 18: Meet Gracie who made her great escape from the Cedar Hollow ranch.
Speaker 19: And it found a way outside of the high game fit this guy, and after that it's been on a fling just the more rugged parts of Real County.
Speaker 18: Sheriff Nathan Johnson says exotic animals are not unique to Real County, where there are many ranches that display them, some to watch and others to hunt. But on Sunday, the sheriff got a unique call from Gracie's owner Vic Jones.
Speaker 19: I chuckled when I got the first call because it's my first missing giraffe case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet it is. Yeah, that was my first missing giraffe case. How do you missing a giraft? They're eighteen feet tall. They're out there on the plane next to the water buffalo's and the with the other animals.
Speaker 1: Oh, the cheetah, the.
Speaker 16: Cheetah, and over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all of them, but not the giraft just yet. So keep your eyes open for that one. Tell us if you see the giraffe, send a dispatch. Join us on the show over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, break, if leaky you would only have a minor league baseball team, who would they be? I would have have to be the Beavers, the leaky Beavers. Do you want to sell merchandise? L E A k U? Y oh god? The leaky Eagles, the leaky the leaky Beavers. Anything you put under.
Speaker 5: Leaky just it makes it worse somehow. And just because you grow up in that doesn't make it better. It's not going to improve it. Here is the story, just very quickly, before we take a break. The Major Heat Dome. That's coming for us. It's a coming for us. It's a coming for us most of the United States, the Major Heat Dome.
Speaker 1: Do not use your.
Speaker 5: Air conditioner, you greedy bastard. And Tallahassee the heat index will be one hundred and three.
Speaker 4: Was that ending on July second?
Speaker 1: Yes, July second, yes, Yeah, and then we're just going to get a bunch of cool, comfortable air, yes, July third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Paduca it'll be one hundred and eleven before that. In Memphis it'll be one hundred and twelve, will be the the heat index or whatever.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess it's gonna be pretty hot. The only reason Paduca is even showing on this graphic is because it's going to be one hundred and eleven. Yeah, one hundred and eleven. Those aren't real to know where Paduca is right there at right under St. Louis, Yeah, right right there. You can see it clear as day. But be careful out there, folks, and don't be greedy. Don't use that to air conditioning. It's just whatever, idiot.
Speaker 5: I don't shout out Paduca fans. We love you, we appreciate you, and we're gonna take a quick break, Oh big, thanks to Craig K. Craig, thank you so much for the ten gifted subscriptions. Premium subscriptions to the show, Unlocking secret shows, uncensored weekly shows. You can go grab. I think there might be one left the subscriptions. The best way to support the show is to subscribe yourself or to gift subscriptions by hitting that gift icon. Thank you, Craig K for the ten gifted subscriptions. Back in just a moment. We got a lot on the way this week in Florida isn't too far from now. We've got this pastor and a viral video a cop versun e bike.
Speaker 1: That is next.
Speaker 5: It's coming up next on the news junkie Well, Tunisia was playing the Netherlands in the World Come and as that was happening at Arrowhead Stadium and.
Speaker 1: Kanda no no, no, oh wait, maybe Arrowhead isn't a brand?
Speaker 4: I got.
Speaker 5: The brand?
Speaker 1: Would that be an Errow brand?
Speaker 8: Or I.
Speaker 4: Think? But also that that that sounds painful it.
Speaker 5: Ramming it in your print. This was captured on the World Cup Action. I'll explain it to everybody.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 5: A woman kisses her partner that she's at the World Cup with You can't really hear what she's saying, but she's talking to him.
Speaker 1: She goes over to get something. She gets down one and she has a ring and she proposes to him in front of the crowd at the World Cup and it looks like he says yes, and she puts the ring on his finger and then they they kiss and they embrace each other and she's she's celebrating right now. This always makes people angry.
Speaker 5: I do not know why, but you know, it never gets angry, like if there This is so funny because there'll always be some guy who's like.
Speaker 1: I ain't letting no woman, I ain't read no woman is ever proposing to me. Man, It's not how it works. It's woke. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: And I go, if you went on a couple of dates with like an absolute drop dad vixen, like just unbelievable beauty, right, everything about her makes your bells ring, and then you went on on this date.
Speaker 1: She goes, Hi, my bells are ringing.
Speaker 5: I couldn't be ringing any harder right now, and she goes, uh, this has been such a fun ride. I can't stand to think of another moment not being with you. You're such a stud You're the most studliest of all the studs.
Speaker 4: And I think that I.
Speaker 5: Will to do right.
Speaker 1: The guy, the same guy who's like, oh, I never do not even for a moment, that same guy would be like, baby, thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited to accept your proposal. Why would you care. There's people who really get triggered by this. I'm like, I mean, dude, what I want it to be this way?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But I like, maybe maybe that seems more normal in your relationship, or maybe in other countries maybe that's normal or something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I don't get triggered by it because if I look at it, I say, well, maybe it's not even real. Maybe it's some viral thing. There's a decent percentage that's happening.
Speaker 1: It's the World Cup they want to like. Who knows.
Speaker 5: Maybe you look at them and you go, oh, there's a brand on their shirt or something on the ring box. I don't see anything. They're wearing like plain clothes. But you never know, right, it could be a viral thing. Good chances something like that's happening. If it's not, and the man and the woman are happy and they don't you know, they don't care about what's going on, or like Bootsy says on TJ Chat, she was tired of waiting.
Speaker 1: Like if that's the case, then who cares? Like why do you care? Are There's so many things.
Speaker 5: That I just can't bring myself to care about at all. Things that happened behind closed doors, things that happen in people's houses, reason ways that people get engaged or not engaged, Like why do why on earth do I care? Why would I ever care about that? But some people do get really triggered. This says just two percent of women proposed to their male partners according to a study. But what's he supposed to do? If you're the ninety eight percent right and you're like completely based on this and your your your favorite influencer online told you that you should not do? Do you say no? And then you flip around and then you get on your knee. You're like, now I'm going to do it? And what's the move?
Speaker 1: Cut her off before she could say the words like Mary, hey man, what do you do? What makes this so bad? I really I just can't bring myself to care.
Speaker 4: That because if the woman does it he's gay. Now that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Wow, Holy cow, this is a weird way for him to figure it out. But you, just, sir, in front of the world at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, as a woman wanted to be married to you realized that you were gay. This was the moment for you. So the World Cup moment that hell, I'm wanting to get out of that engagement. Yeah, sorry, candle.
Speaker 1: The last thing I had in my back pocket to avoid this turns out, turns out it's not what I thought it was. All right, we want to get to you, your dispatches, your emails, all of the rest. In fact, let's work in a dispatch or two. Right now, here is which one should we go to.
Speaker 5: Here's somebody says I love the Jap Frican accent.
Speaker 1: That's not what it is, sir.
Speaker 5: That's just literally a spot on sub Saharan African accent that I was doing.
Speaker 4: Sub Saharan even.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a particular I mean, Africa.
Speaker 1: Is a big continent. It's huge. Put it over the United States like it is the size of North America, for God's sake.
Speaker 16: Almost over here is the water buffalo, the cheetah, that's Sub Saharan.
Speaker 1: You can tell when you hear it. Yeah, yeah, totally. I want to hit your ear, you know it after a while.
Speaker 4: Saharan fifty years from now when China's built all their infrastructure.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, it may actually end up sounding more like that over time.
Speaker 1: Wrong about that covering Sub Saharan Africa in AI data centers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that that could be on the horizon. I'm not going to lie.
Speaker 1: The water buffalo or just buffalo. Now here are some dispatches coming in. This is cool hand Luke talking about European heat waves.
Speaker 20: Speaking on the heat in Europe, I'll never forget back. In twenty eighteen, I was staying in Frankfurt, Germany, and at the time it was one of the hottest summers on record, and.
Speaker 4: Just happened to be a heat wave.
Speaker 20: It was like the feels like temperature was like above one hundred, one hundred, one hundred and two sure, and it just so happened. At the hotel I was staying at, the ac was broken. And mind you, I was working in Iraq at the time, so I was used to one hundred and eighteen one hundred and twenty degree temperatures but that hotel was so unbearable. It was crazy that we legit checked out in the middle of night. It was like two in the morning, and we went down to the next hotel over. We didn't even care if we weren't getting our money back. We couldn't stay there a minute longer.
Speaker 1: It's torture.
Speaker 4: You know how these people can go.
Speaker 20: I don't care if it's just for one month out of the year, but that one month is crazy to go without.
Speaker 4: An AC unit.
Speaker 20: And even if it's just a window unit, that's fine.
Speaker 1: But they got to do something.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: It seems obvious. It seems just as plain as anybody could uh, as plain as it could be that that's the move they need to make. I know that there's all of these weird arguments. I think most of them are stupid.
Speaker 5: I think we should save people by giving them access to some sort of air conditioning, specifically the old and the young, and people who are a little more frail, but everybody. Really, it's a technology breakthrough that we have. Not having AC units and the name of climate change is absolutely brain dead.
Speaker 1: It makes no sense. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Speaker 5: Saying that their power infrastructure can't handle it. The British power infrastructure is such garbage. It's worse than anything you'll ever see in India. They literally have problems. If there's a doctor who premiere going on and everybody tries to make tea at the same time, legitimately they have to tell them to make it more sporadically.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe because they're using their big fancy tea machines. Whose fault is that, all right? Whose fault is that? That's their fault for over the years not fixing the infrastructure with all the taxpayer dollars that they brought in, And I think that that is sad and they should do something about it.
Speaker 5: It's hot outside. People deserve to be cold. And that's not a radical take by any means. Okay, we're gonna take quick break when we come back. The most radical takes you could imagine are incoming, most radical takes you could ever imagine are coming up on the Hot sheet. And if you don't want to hear some pretty offensive stuff, I would run and hide somewhere.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, the hot sheet is coming.
Speaker 21: Up next on the news junk Kie.
Speaker 5: We'll get into that. Emails and all of those good things. But right now, let's do the hot sheet.
Speaker 1: Hot Sheet.
Speaker 4: It's in new news, but.
Speaker 1: Not like real important news. That's again in parting on the planet. Both top stories from the people on your screens and men's speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea Lane. That's right, it's the hot sheet. It's the top five stories of the nonsense news, brought to you by that mortgage guide Don. And it's a big weekend friends for one. Mister Melvin Kaminsky Melvin Kominski of Brooklyn, New York, was born June twenty eighth, nineteen twenty six. You know him better as mel Brooks. Mel Brooks turns outred years old this weekend. He once joked that he created a coin operated gravestone for himself that played a videotaped message that began I was mel Brooks, one of the funniest little Jews to walk the earth. Brooks made classic comedies such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, High Anxiety, and of course Spaceballs, which I think we're getting a sequel soon. Yeah, but I'll look it up. The Spaceballs too. I very much look forward to Josh Gatt I think as part of that who I find to be very talented and funny. Yeah, yeah, he's funny.
Speaker 5: That's coming out April twenty third, twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: My gosh, hopefully you know, he'll hopefully still be around him hundreds of a long time to live. Wow, you're really awkward. If tomorrow something goes down, all right, I don't know how to segue into this. There's a new Nancy Guthrie letter that TMZ seems to have obtained, because they're the ones that get all the Nancy Guthrie letters. An email obtained on Friday, June twenty sixth allegedly claims that there is video footage of the main guy who kidnapped Guthrie from the day she reportedly died. Says their letter reads, I am not the idiot who recently called in a tip about her burial site in Mexico. I have a phone stashed in a secure location, guaranteeing both the information at stores and the safety of the phone. What it contains is my definition of delivering them on a silver platter. A short video of the main guy with Nancy the day that was probably her last. Pictures of both involved names, addresses, and age. Could be getting serious or just could be another distraction sent in the direction of TMZ. They like, I don't know why they got this weird story arc and the whole Nancy Guthrie thing.
Speaker 5: Because they got clicks out of it and they make money off of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Seems kind of gross. Yeah, I mean the story as I believe it is.
Speaker 5: The actual person who kidnapped her sent the first demand letter. The cops were clumsy and they were trying to send a small deposit to the bigcoin account. They did that to try to test it so they could see if they could track the person down. The person got spooked a little bit and either killed Nancy Guthrie at that point or Nancy Guthrie just ended up dying, and then they sent a second letter, and the second letter said she died and we buried her out in the wilderness and that's it.
Speaker 4: They only sent one hundred and fifty two dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of the very big demand, which I think there they came out and said they regretted or they're like, hey, we may have kind of bungled this whole thing, which wasn't very surprising from the some of the press conferences they had over there. In Nancy Guthrie Land, which is Arizona. Yeah, we're trying to think of where in Arizona, but it's not coming to me. Sandoval has more drama surrounding end of all. Scand of All is the name, that's right, And he recently filed a restraining order against his ex girlfriend, Victoria Lee Robinson. Who's this guy?
Speaker 5: What's he from again?
Speaker 4: Vander Pump Rules, that's right.
Speaker 5: It's from a reality show called vander Pump Rules for those of you who don't know.
Speaker 1: And he was the guy who had the longtime girlfriend and then it came out that he was cheating on her the whole time, thus gaining him the name Scandival.
Speaker 4: And she now hosts Love Island USA.
Speaker 1: That is correct, and most of the things she wears are very complimentary of her breasts. Indeed, Okay, yeah, so in case you were wondering, I hadn't seen Harry Automatic's breast. Good for her, and you're making it a little creepy, but yeah, as you wish. Newly Service video appears from this incident that Sandoval got this restraining order for, says that he might be the one that's in trouble. Newly Surface video appears to show Tom Sandoval shoving ex girlfriend Victoria Lee Robin's dad Will into a lit fire pit during a heated confrontation. Now, they had called the cops and they the cops are originally arrested Victoria and they were like, yeah, they took her to jail, but no, her dad says it didn't happen this way, and they said, this right here is the Yeah, this is the confrontation. That fire pit you see there is lit and they get into this argument. He tries to grab the phone from her. He's being super dramatic, and then at some point he pushes her dad and he lands asked first into this lit fire pin, requiring medical attention. Okay, so we've literally burned down. Yeah, well he burned his girlfriend's dad. That's Victoria Lee Robinson sitting on the left, and that's Will Robinson on the right. Will Robinson danger.
Speaker 4: Yes, no charges yet, but at the end of this, like he does end up he pushes.
Speaker 1: Him and shoving. He rolled around and then he rotated right onto the fire with his butt. Yeah, it was like if you are trying to play horseshoes and it kind of gets closed but then gets foo with chs in, you just kind of expect him to just jump up like Mario, like smoke coming from his ass. Well, it's funny. I'll put that up on see it now. They said we've reached out to Santobal, but so far no word back. Will Robinson says, this is my daughter's home. We just want Tom as far away from us as possible to keep his lies and drunken abuse away. Sean, I know you're not gonna be a fan of this, Okay, so I'm sorry in advance, but Shrek five is coming out right?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is it really all right? Yeah, we're having the Shrek five we talked about. Universal Pictures announced but now they also have another spinoff.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I think their spinoffs have done better than the Toy Story one they had like Puss in Boots, and I think those were generally okay, not like the light Year one that was kind of a flop. But Universal Pictures announced Thursday the Origin Story. The Studio is set to release in June of twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Donkey, I'm surprised they didn't do that before because he's is he one of He's definitely the one of, if not the most popular characters from Shrek the Donkeys.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he's like the second and he's the sidekick. Yeah, but now it's his story and Eddie Murphy will reprise the role. Eddie Murphy has like pretty much gone on record to say, any Shrek thing they want me to do, I'll do it. He loves the cast, he loves the people working, he loves the character so money, he said, I always said I would do Shrek forever. Donkey is a great character play. I love the whole cast. I was excited when it was like, hey, they're doing another one, and they want to do a Donkey one, two, and last, but not least in the hot sheet attention, celebrity alcohol, clothing lines, makeup products, burger chains, and curated overpriced dumb stuff catalogs move over and make way for celebrity truck stops. We have the first, and the celebrity involved is America's own, the beloved Dolly Parton. Dolly Parton has opened her own truck stop. Oh yeah, and when she did, she threw just a little tiny minie shade At Bucki's. On June twenty fourth, Dolly Parton playfully shaded the chain at the opening of Dolly's Tennessee and Travel Stop in Cornersville, Tennessee, saying I'm sure some of you were wondering why I wanted a truck stop. Well, I couldn't leave it to Beaver's. The stop formerly the Tennessee and Travel Stop without Dolly Parton's name on it has been a Cronersville destination for decades. Uh, I got her here. I don't know if she says that in this clip, but she's got these big bejeweled scissors and she's cutting the ribbons. He's got these big bejeweled scissors for cutting.
Speaker 4: The ribbon, is what I was.
Speaker 1: She comes again.
Speaker 22: The Queen of country herself, Dolly Parton made a surprise appearance yesterday at the grand opening of her new rest front and gas station calls for her huge travel stop. The gas adherence comes almost two months after she canceled her Las Vegas residency due to ongoing health issues.
Speaker 1: In classic Dolly.
Speaker 22: Fashion, the eighty year old singer, songwriter, ar author and businesswoman greeted the crowd wearing fring hints to let heels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was out a big crowd of fans too. Travel stop includes standard amenities for truckers or on the road singers like showers, restrooms, and laundry facilities, but visitors can enjoy an ice cream counter, let their furry friends stretch their legs and the stops Doggy parton dog Park, and shop for merchandise including T shirts, cowboy hats, and sparkly travel mugs perfect for the stops cup of Ambition coffee, and that it has twenty four to seven dl y. I don't know what dly means barbecue offerings. I think there's some typos in this story because it said Cronersville and Cornersville, so I don't actually know which one is correct.
Speaker 4: What is new to streaming this weekly?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you on your Netflix, on your Hulu, your Prime video all that stuff. Power Ballad with Paul Rudd, which I've seen the trailer for and I'm actually kind of curious if it's any good. But Paul Rudd plays this wedding band frontman like Adam Sandler style, who has given up on his dreams of making it big as a rock star, and then he teams up with Nick Jonas, and Nick Jonas steals his power Ballad song and doesn't give him any credit, so I like the idea. Fun could be good. Billy Eilish the Hard and hit Me Hard and Soft. The tour is streaming after a short run in theaters. Little Brother with John Cena looks like it could be pretty funny, Avatar, Fire and Ash. What I'm most interested in is life Larry and the pursuit of unhappiness. They're calling a Curb Your Enthusiasm meets US History. It's created by Larry David and Jeff Schaeffer, an executive produced by the Obamas. Celebrates the US's two hundred and fifties anniversary with sketches that put a Larry David spin on key moments from American history. Bill Hayter appears, cast John Ham, Sean Hayes, Jerry Seinfeld, and Chris Parnell.
Speaker 5: Hundred Bucks, one hundred bucks, Larry David's gonna be John Hancock signing his name bigger than everybody else and.
Speaker 1: What that ba Also The Bear Season five appears on Hulu. Hey, if you have a mortgage rate with a seven or eight in front of it, you need to talk to that mortgage guy.
Speaker 4: Don.
Speaker 1: Mortgage rates are hitting nearly three year lows and you could be saving some money.
Speaker 4: Compare your quote.
Speaker 1: On his website today that mortgage guy don dot com. Thank you, Sea Lane.
Speaker 5: We had just talked recently. I know we've got to go to break We will in just a moment. We just talked recently about that lady who I said was a hero because she was at a hotel and these losers were trying to lock down all these seats. They wake up at like six o'clock in the morning and they put towels on all the seats they want, and then you go down there to try to use the pool, and all the seats are taken up by people putting their stuff there that aren't actually using them, and the whole system falls apart. This happens on cruises, It happens with parking spots, it happens. We talk about this happening everywhere. Here's an example of what can go wrong. This apparently is in Spain. I'll put this up on see it now during the road. All right, This is a fight that broke out all over a chair at a pool.
Speaker 4: I'll see ya.
Speaker 5: And they all just started brawling with one another. I don't know how many people are fighting, maybe fifty or something. All of this was because somebody wouldn't move out of a chair. This is why this stuff turns into absolute, abject chaos. And all of these people, bikinis, bathing duds, fifths flying ladies punching each other, absolute.
Speaker 4: At Oh that guy just punched that lady.
Speaker 1: He's punching a lady in the face. I'll get this up on see it now so you can see what happens when things go wrong. I mean, I don't want to be in a fight in the first place, but I could think of no place I'd rather not be in a fight than outside of a pool the hot sun. Everybody's covered in the suntan lotion and you're slipping all around and if you hit the pavement, if somebody knocks you down and you hit the pavement and it's hot af no, uh, not trying to get involved in any of that. Not gonna have a good time. Quick break when we come back.
Speaker 5: This week in Florida is coming up next on the news, Chunkie real quick Before this week in Florida, I want to bring this to you. This was an Orange County motorcycle cop who's going viral because he chased after a teenager on an e bike and I guess he like he was kind of trolling him the whole time that he was chasing after him. He's on his motorcycle. He's on his police motorcycle, and he's chasing after a teenager. One of these damn teenagers on the e bikes out there. You know, you're shaking your fingers at them, yelling at the clouds. And and here's what happened to make this go virable. Let's let's watch a.
Speaker 11: Teenager in southern California caught on camera trying to outrun an officer on their e bike, but the cop wasn't letting him get away.
Speaker 1: Watch he chased them down.
Speaker 5: He's like, what are your mom and dad going to say about this? He's chased them around the parking lot. Eventually he pulls him over. He said, I would stop if I were you. Narrating the whole e bike chase. A win for the old o's, the boomers against the e bikes, says, this cop pulls that one over.
Speaker 4: He should have pit maneuvered him, spin out, knock a battle the ground.
Speaker 1: Okay, see, Lenny, you're right to do this.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Baby.
Speaker 5: Just wanted to make sure, just wanted to be clear, let's do This Week in Florida giving.
Speaker 1: You a recap of the most grown worthy stories in the state.
Speaker 4: It's This Week in Florida. That's right, the weekend is here.
Speaker 1: It's time to take a trip around the Sunshine State see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so. And we start in Sandford, where congratulations are in order to Leelu, the youngest sloth in the care of the Central Florida Zoo, survived the Sloth World debacle and they're very excited to introduce the public a female Lenny Linnaeus two toad sloth, believe to be the smallest and possibly youngest sloth currently in the zoo's care. And yes, nerds, if you were wondering, it is indeed named after the character from the film The Fifth Element. Yes, Leelu has quickly become a favorite among animal care staff. The signature two toad claws are so small. Some of the fruits and vegetables in her diet are longer than her claws.
Speaker 5: Wow, so this is like a good news story out of this whole thing where that swoth World place just massacred them.
Speaker 1: There's at least some good coming out of it. Yeah, she was initially very shy after arriving at the zoo and after being at the Sloth World the place, and she's gradually become more comfortable in her new home. Now regularly emerges from her hanging cubby to accept food from staff and enjoys exploring her habitat. So good for you, Leelu. You you really outlasted the rest of your friends there. Unfortunately, poor little Habinaro.
Speaker 4: Multipas was.
Speaker 1: Back to back stupid nine to one one calls here, the first one in Pol County, where a woman was arrested after calling nine to one one to complain about a traffic ticket. Was later found with twenty eight bags of fentanyl hidden inside her body. Wow, that's dangerous five according No. Twenty eight twenty eight bags according to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, forty eight. You're a Gina reading of Lake Wales bypassed the roadblock, driving around a deputy station to redirect traffic. She was stopped at the other end. Displeased with the ticket she received, she began following the deputies patrol vehicle and called emergency services. She decides I'll just dial nine one one because I don't like this traffic ticket due to the unlawful misuse of the emergency system. They pulled her over a second time to arrest her in cite her for illegally tinted windows, but before towing her vehicle, they did a little search. They found some weed, and the most severe discovery occurred during the booking process, where an advanced body advanced body scan revealed a foreign object. Oh gosh, damn it, I wish I would have pulled this. Corrections officers subsequently recovered twenty eight bags of fentanyl hidden inside what Sheriff Grady Judd called her Virginia. No, no, I don't see if I bring it up. She says she doesn't deal fentanyl, but it would certainly explain her conduct. Sheriff jud noted, we didn't visit Virginia any further. We just put her in jail. And a man has called nine one one to ask police to check the meth he bought because he thought it might have been bath salts. This is in spring Hill, Florida, a bizarre nine to one one call out of Hernando County. The spring Hill man said he bought some meth from a stranger at a bar. Not sure what that is, and they said, well, give it to us, we'll take a look at it. And he ended up arrested as well. It's hot out there, friends, it is scorching. So that means you got to rearrange your schedule. You got to do things at a different time. Is this jud you have him? You want to hear what he Yeah, let's do it, okay? All right here he is talking about the woman in that story who had hidden the fentanyl the system.
Speaker 4: So another deputy shows up and they stop her again. At this point in time, she's arrested.
Speaker 19: So we get her to the jail and we put her through a scanning system and guess what we find, enter Virginia.
Speaker 4: Twenty eight bags of fentanyls right in her Virginia right there.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest thing since when he said crank, that was him, right, was the same guy.
Speaker 4: The cranky alter.
Speaker 19: It was sunny and he was watering his grass with a hose in his right hand, and he had his crank in his left hand.
Speaker 4: My gosh, the guy.
Speaker 1: The guy is he giveth and giveth and giveth, and hardly ever taketh away. Anyway, I started saying, it's a super hot outside, so you have to do things at a different time. Sometimes some people have resulted a resort, excuse me, into mowing their lawns at night, which is not a thing that some of these neighbors are a big fan of. Now, enter this eighty four year old Milton woman who has now been arrested after apparently firing a gunshot as a warning to her neighbor cutting his grass. Charlene Davis has charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm on residential property that is a felony and a misdemeanor respect actively. According to the rest report, the neighbor told deputies he was mowing his lawn when he heard a gunshot. He then looked over and saw old sweet eighty four year old Charlene Davis holding a Smith and Wesson thirty eight special and pointing it at the ground. Davis said she wanted to scare the neighbors due to an ongoing noise issue with them and her trying to sleep. I think this happened at like eight fifteen pm. By the way, that's that's yeah, I mean I can see it getting annoyed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's late's this is like, it's troublesome because it's hot outside.
Speaker 1: I could see people getting upset about mowing the lawn because it's too hot. But then I could see, you know what, the lawn mowing noise in the middle of the nine The incident was captured on ring doorbell camera, according to the report, with video showing Davis exit her home and fire the one shot. The neighbors heard asking what are you doing, Davis replying, I'm trying to tell you you're waking us up, before adding and I don't know if this this could elevate the charge.
Speaker 4: You better watch out, She said, what is this? You better not cry either.
Speaker 5: I keep seeing this video, but this is one hundred percent that not the video from the story you're talking about. Like the woman wasn't wearing a shirt that said h O A on it.
Speaker 1: This is obviously this is ai obviously a problem. The real problem is an eighty four year old widow getting threat letters over grass she can't physically cut.
Speaker 4: Rules are rules?
Speaker 1: This is ridiculous. You've got five minutes to shut that mower off or I'm calling the cops. At the edge of the property with his phone pointed directly at me. Yeah, that's not legit, but there is some video somewhere. There's a man from Jacksonville facing drug and weapons charges after what deputy said they saw it near a prison.
Speaker 4: I guess he snuck.
Speaker 1: A whole bunch of stuff in and like they had a picture of all this stuff. Look up the James Lamar Stewart. Oh, I did see this. This was a huge collection of stuff. I mean sneaking, not in a prison. I only know of a couple of ways. And to have that catalog of items. He's been charged with two counts of possession of a firearm or kife during the commission of a crime, three counts of items prohibited by inmates. And that was not in his body. It was no are we sure? Nah, this had to come in the laundry or something. Yeah, there was like knives and there there's one two, three, four, eight, nine, twenty T mobile cell phones.
Speaker 4: It looks like some AirPods, a JBL speaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is not nature's pocket smuggling right here, but a whole bunch of contravan. That guy tried to bring it into a prison. A customer who struck a subway worker in the face after complaining that the sandwich bread with stale. Has pleaded guilty and been sentenced for attacking the teenage victim. According to records, ex con Roy Macintosh popped to a misdemeanor battery charge in connection with the April incident at a subway in Wildwood. He was sentenced by a circuit court judge to a year's probation fight eight hundred and sixty bucks and directed to perform twenty hours of community service for the stale bread, battery and last but not least, in this week in Florida, I know once you see her mugshot there will be a lot of icon fixers on this one Seahn's favorite thing Lately. An eighteen year old woman in Collier County was drunk and belligerent and threw a tampon at a deputy after he refused to hold it for her. According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies were called to Beach Box Cafe, which sounds a lot like beach Bash, but two women. Two young women were drunk and refused to leave. The area manager called nine to one one and said she saw eighteen year old Olivia pecooch poot What was that? Pecock p e p e c u c h am. I looking at it right here. That's not I don't think that's her, okay, I don't know. That's a different tampon story. That's the lady with her aunt that threw all the red tampons in the yard of the firefighter or something like that.
Speaker 5: How do I spell this? Lady's last name? Olivia pe c u c h okay years old. They were stumbling around a nearby parking lot, so she asked they need to help, offered to arrange a ride for them. The employee bent down to pick up some money that the woman dropped, and Pecouch slapped her in the face.
Speaker 1: According to the report, deputy said there's a big crowd at the restaurant and both when they arrived, both women were drunk, with bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, and alcohol on their breath. Pecuch, who's eighteen, also had a fake ID on her. Deputy asked Pacooch for ID, so she began digging through her purse and pulled out a wrapped tampon, Oh thank god, and asked the deputy to hold it, but he ignored her, so she threw it and hit him with it, and she has been charged with that. She was not charged in connection with the fake id's because deputy said they did not see her use them. She just got a disorderly conduct and that's it. Friends for this week in Florida. Thank you.
Speaker 5: See Lane, a lot of stuff being thrown around out there, specially in the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: It gets wild. I put that woman's mugshot and also some of the other stuff we've talked about. Any visuals that are on the show, I try to put them up on See It Now, and if I don't, well let me know because I'll put them.
Speaker 5: Up afterwards if you ask. That's one of the benefits of being a Secret Show subscriber. You get act, you get access rather to that for forever. In a day, you can look at all this stuff on See It now forever. If not everybody gets access for the first twenty four hours when we talk about it, it goes up and you can see.
Speaker 1: What's going on. All Right, what else do we have here? I'm going to bury this in this spot in the show because this is like to me, the larst right in the Virginia. Well, I'm going to bury it in the Virginia.
Speaker 5: That could fit as many things as that guy had on the table, of all the contra band that came from him. But this is the update on the stupid reflecting pool algae story. I guess now the US Park Police are seeking help identifying somebody. They don't have the greatest information on who this person is.
Speaker 4: Some woman and I don't know.
Speaker 5: This looks almost like the when they were looking for the pipe bomber on Capitol Hill. Is the person I can't see much as see as a woman with dark hair and a ponytail.
Speaker 4: And they said she was leaning in and it looks like the fickle beef shirt.
Speaker 5: Maybe it is a breakthrough that would be if she had a news juggie shirt on. The United States Park Police is seeking assistance and identifying an individual depicted above in connection with the destruction of government property. This is all still about this whole reflecting pool.
Speaker 1: Is she the one that carved the three hundred and sixty foot line into the bottom eye somewhere?
Speaker 5: It's so hard for me to figure out what's going on with this story. What's real, what people have been really arrested for, what people are actually doing? Are people so crazy that they want to destroy a pool for like political stuff. It's all very strange. Then they put fences up, and then they didn't put fences up, and they blocked everybody from going in it. Then people were saying, you can't block the people from going in the pool, and I was like, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to just swim in the reflecting No, you're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on there, but it is. It's been a winding, slow new this week. You can run across us the reflecting pool if you see your old neighbor giving a speech about Vietnam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's the way some people, some famous people in history do it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there you go. It's been a strange, strange news cycle. Hopefully we get some gold next week. In the viral world, you could.
Speaker 5: Join us, send us a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com. That's thenewschunkie dot com. When we come back. There is a young man who's an entrepreneur who's going viral. We have to talk about him because he's an interesting cat. We have a shocking body camera rest from some woman that is so full of drama that we have to get into.
Speaker 1: That's just the beginning of this. We have a lot to cover in a short amount of time. That's coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 5: Sport, Johnson says on YouTube, maybe a dumb question, but why does skull mic habitala. Oh, skull Mic doesn't technically have a delay, but there's still a delay from like when something is being recorded to when it starts broadcasting, when when we're doing the actual show.
Speaker 1: If you're watching on YouTube, there.
Speaker 5: Is a delay because Ceiling and Josh have like buttons to hit if we say bad words, because you know, bad words happen every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Then Larry is like like this one. Oh yeah, Like.
Speaker 5: Oh god, easy, buddy, minor heart attack. I do want to say thank you to CB twisted for the twenty gifted premium subscriptions.
Speaker 1: Over at the News Junkie dot com.
Speaker 5: You can unlock that premium subscription courtesy of CB twisted. He says, everybody is welcome. I really appreciate you doing that. It's the best way to support the show. Subscribe and unlock secret shows, uncensored shows, and unlock all the premium access on the Newsjunkie dot Com and the app. By becoming a subscriber it as little as two ninety nine a month. If you're already a subscriber, you could step it up like c B two listed with the twenty gifted subscriptions.
Speaker 1: Claim yours now, okay, let's see here.
Speaker 5: I want to get to this woman who got arrested in the body cam footage of that, because it is pretty phenomenal. But let's wait on that and let's get to this story, which is a This is like a feel good story. I want to put this out there for everybody because I want you to know that if you have dreams, there's nothing that should get in your way. There is nothing that should get in your way. The kind of funny thing about this is they changed the headline and then they changed it back because I think the news outlet was getting bullied because first it just said down syndrome man opens first retail store in New York. And then they changed it because they then they just called them an entrepreneur, and then people were starting to use entrepreneur as a stand in for somebody who has down syndrome a little bit mean, and then now they've changed it back to me down.
Speaker 4: Entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: This guy's are real entrepreneur, you know what I mean? So down syndrome entrepreneurs what they've ended up on on this article.
Speaker 5: And I love this. This guy he started his own business. He's an entrepreneur. Anybody can do it. It's the great American experience. And he started a place called John's Crazy Socks, I guess, and he's going viral. Is like ten years in the making. Let's see what the story sounds like. This is him.
Speaker 1: I was cutting it, cutting the ribbon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is entrepreneur, cut the ribbons in the making.
Speaker 12: In the village of Huntington. John Cronin, who has Down syndrome, started John's Crazy Socks in twenty sixteen to show what people were deferring abilities can accomplish.
Speaker 1: All right, deferring abilities is a new one for me. But I am going to say this, yeah, yeah, I think you're right. I think differing abilities is like the woke terminology.
Speaker 5: And she thought it was deferring she said it that way. But this, this entrepreneur, he now that you've said it, you know, I can't unhar that being some sort of slur. I'm not trying to do it as a replacement. He's literally an entrepreneur. This entrepreneur Sea Lands an entrepreneur too. But this entrepreneur, we give you a great idea. Bring him on Shark Tank. This dude will get all the investments. He's got a second business. Note of the down syndrome guy. They won't say no to an entrepreneur, not on Shark Tank. And number one, this is a good business because socks. People don't get it, but socks are such a good business to be in.
Speaker 1: Is what's it called bombas? But what's the Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? The one that sponsors every podcast known to man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was one of the ones I think that was on Shark Tank and became one of their biggest success stories. It's a sock company because everybody wears socks or most of you or crocs.
Speaker 1: It's either cross. Everybody's free to wear socks, everybody is. Yeah, there's this whole song about it and everything. It's a great business. It's also like, feel like you're doing something nice by supporting this entrepreneur. God, it sounds bad now I'm there.
Speaker 5: And Andy John's Crazy Socks.
Speaker 1: That's what the name of his company is. Let's see what they do today.
Speaker 12: Surrounded by his friends and family, he officially opened their first retail store. Yeah, Buddy said, he wants to be creative, colorful, and fun. Long Island photojournalist Keith Lopez has the inspirational story love this.
Speaker 15: You see that on your porch and you're like, wow, I socks from John.
Speaker 5: It does John.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's his dad.
Speaker 5: So his pops helped him open this place. And he's it's a full on store, like they've filled up a whole store. And somebody says, socks there's a market for that.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, brother, you got socks on right now? You get Yeah, there is. And the crazy thing is there's only like a handful of sizes so you can It's a pretty good business.
Speaker 23: Actually, he came and said, Dad, we should sew crazy sucks when you get this. You don't just get sucks. You getting happiness, right, You love that?
Speaker 4: I love it. Nice white socks.
Speaker 13: I go all with Lemmy be me and when it woved the focks on, that makes me feel so so exfishing.
Speaker 15: It started with forty two orders making home deliveries, today with ship more than five hundred thousand daughters.
Speaker 5: Shut up, are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? Five hundred thousand orders? This is genius. They're gonna be printing money at this place.
Speaker 1: Can you buy them online? John's a million socks.
Speaker 5: John's It's good work.
Speaker 4: Sel it.
Speaker 1: They said you couldn't do it math.
Speaker 5: You might be an entrepreneur, but you can figure out that math. Wh whoa, whoa whoa John's Crazy Socks. Uh yeah, okay, support this dude because this is pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: I actually really dig it. And they got like American flag socks, so some of you could get this for our big July third broadcast that we're doing further.
Speaker 4: Full You've got compression socks.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? What was that that?
Speaker 4: It helps you not get blood clots on long flights?
Speaker 22: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think I need that? Actually, yeah you do because I'm getting older. Here I was John yesterday. You look a little blood body. I always look that way. It's just natural. John'scrazysocks dot Com. You could support this entrepreneur and what he's working on with his dad here, and they got something for every single thing you could think of. They're fun. There's pineapple ones and all sorts of stuff. But this guy just did it. He's been wearing it for ten years. I can bring it back up. That's okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And then what if down syndrome Rockstar cruise socks? Where's that right bottom?
Speaker 4: Right? Oh?
Speaker 5: Down syndrome Rockstar crew cruise socks? Yeah yeah, and it says rockstar. Is that like a down syndrome thing? The Rockstar thing?
Speaker 4: I have no clue.
Speaker 1: It's oh, it says our down syndrome.
Speaker 5: Rockstar Cruise socks were created to celebrate people with Down syndrome. John's Crazy Socks created these socks in collaboration with the National Down Syndrome Society and Syndrome International. They oh, they did an international sock design competition where any individuals with Down syndrome and their families were invited to submit a sock design, and that this was the winning one.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: That's badass. So yeah they did. This is a big challenge. And then they opened up this place and they're kicking ass.
Speaker 15: To ninety four countries.
Speaker 1: Take my money out, and what do you say to keep that happiness all in there? Today? Is I getude? And two four.
Speaker 15: Others gratitude and two four others who could have imagined this. Two of us who are a couple of knuckleheads selling sock.
Speaker 4: Dad's great, Let's go so long Island, Yes, isn't he?
Speaker 1: He's like, who could have imagined this? Just a couple of knuckleheads making some socks.
Speaker 4: That's hitting the streets, pounding the pavement. It's a true American success story.
Speaker 5: It is it legitimately? Is I dig it?
Speaker 1: I think that's great.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to them getting a lot of attention up in New York as they open up.
Speaker 1: John's Crazy Socks. No matter where you are, you could support them because I think that's pretty darn cool. Do you think he does the firing himself when he has to, like, you know, let an employee go yeah, yeah, why?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It just seems like it'd be kind of fun. That's what entrepreneurs do.
Speaker 1: Why would it be funny? I just I don't know. I'm gonna we'll go. We got we got some dispatches to get to. I want to get to a couple of dispatches here. I want to see what people have to say. You got a lot on your mind. We want to hear from you. Send those over at the news Junkie Dot.
Speaker 4: Imagining and I could tell I thought of something else funny.
Speaker 1: You can join us at the news Junkie dot com with the dispatch or email the show tips t I P s at the news Junkie dot com. Here's guitar slinger Cam. I'm going to be clear on this.
Speaker 17: I'm all for fighting climate change and green technology, but I'm not gonna die from heat prostration and do it so cranked dot ac bait ba heat prostration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when your prostate gets too.
Speaker 1: Hot, gonna be careful. I've never heard of that before. Heat prostration. Okay, Yeah, that's a good song. Here is Emon with a dispatch.
Speaker 15: They're ragging on people complaining about e bikes.
Speaker 19: But then you bitch about somebody knowing they're want.
Speaker 1: At eight thirty pm.
Speaker 15: Who's the boomer?
Speaker 4: That's not nighttime?
Speaker 5: Eight thirty pm?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: I don't want to fight with you, Emon, but I'm going to let's see average bedtime in the United States. All right, we'll google that. Oh god, that's that's a lot later than I thought. This is eleven eighteen. It says those who those with physically demanding our agricultural jobs, so the hard working amongst us often turn in around eight pm. All right, So there's people at eight pm of hard jobs are gonna wake up in the morning.
Speaker 1: Emon they're not like the rest of us. They don't get to stay up till eleven or twelve o'clock like you and I do.
Speaker 5: Either're not beginning their nighttime routines at ten fifteen, which is the average. But some people, and it's legit, are going to bed around eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 1: And so I do think. Do you think it's a boomer thing to think that mowing a lawn at eight pm or eight thirty pm is not polite? I don't think so. I think all of your lawn equipment, loud equipment, anything you're going to do outside should be during your like nine to five hours, and if you bitch about it, then you're a weirdo. But I mean, call me a boomer if you'd like. But I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think bitching about somebody mowing the lawn at eight thirty at night is legit or I'm sorry, I don't think bitching about somebody mowing the lawn at eight thirty at night is necessarily that crazy. I think there is some legitimacy to that. I legitimately think this. I think I can understand why the person wants to mow the lawn at because it doesn't get dark this time of year until pretty late, and it's the only time that it cools down. I get what that person's doing. And I also get if that's next door and you got to wake up in the morning, You're like, are you mowing your lawn at eight thirty?
Speaker 1: So I get. I get the I don't want to both sides.
Speaker 5: But I get both sides on this one quick break when we come back jury duties on the way, and for it, I'll play this wild, wild audio of this body cam arrest on this woman who thought she could get away. She said, nobody's gonna arrest me? Are you kidding me? I don't get arrested. She thought she could get away with it. Pretty dramatic ordeal. You're gonna hear it because it's coming up next on the news. Junkie Gary Newman.
Speaker 1: See Gary Newman looked that guy up.
Speaker 4: He's saying a song called.
Speaker 5: Oh what what is is? He just Gary Newman the performer and you know, oh that's in him. Okay, So there's the band the Cars. I have to have to do a couple of corrections right now, let's put in all of my corrections. This was on school Mike I was talking about this. He is not in the band The Cars, They're different. He's famous for the song Cars. Gary Newman, who sings the song that Josh just sang called Cars. That guy. I know exactly what Josh is thinking of right now too. That is with the very dumb girl.
Speaker 1: Now he's taking his friend Steweie to get some ice cream in Cars.
Speaker 5: Gary Newman, is it a story out today? Before we get into Jerry duty? He almost ended up in Jerry Duty. Gary Newman believes how he and his fan turned wife, Jemma O'Neill first got together. He said it may be illegal now okay. The Cars singer explained to The Times in an interview published this week that he met his now partner at a fan event in nineteen eighty. At the time, he was twenty two and she was twelve years old. All right, O'Neill was eighteen six years well, she was eighteen by the time they crossed paths again, and then they got to know each other as she continued.
Speaker 1: Attending his concert.
Speaker 5: He says, that's how I was attracted to her, which I think is illegal now, he says.
Speaker 1: They first met when she was twelve and he was twenty two. She kept going to the concerts hearing the him and Michau Safah, hearing that song. Years and years and years go by, and then never before, folks, never before did they ever mess around to do anything. They waited until she was eighteen. They assure you.
Speaker 5: I have a clip that's going very viral, especially down Unda in Australia. I guess, hang, I gotta bring this up. There's a couple of things that were going very very pro you know. One of the most viral things of the week, by the way, is that WNBA player. Have you guys seen the gift? I know so many times the player? Is it Sophie Turner? Josh, it's Sophie? I feel like it's a C. Cunningham Maybe is it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: She's in this clip of her playing for Indiana where she's like pointing across the court and making eyes and holding attention.
Speaker 1: I cannot get away from this.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys have seen that out there, but my god, has that been absolutely everywhere?
Speaker 1: Who is is this player? I'll ask random six year old A Costco catches me going back for seconds on a free sample.
Speaker 5: This one of my favorite ones. This is Sophie Cunningham. All right, na w NBA player for Indiana. One of my favorite one was me when I see my wife's boobs boobs for the one and eighty six times, and it's just like point stare, eye contact, I cut. You will not get away from that. I'll still go like right, yeah, well you see what's going on there right there? That right there, that is everywhere. But besides that, I saw this clip and I'm gonna play it, and you tell me if you think the Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Albanize, if you think he is right about this. He's talking about the internet doing damage to young people.
Speaker 9: Is we know that, as the member has said, algorithms drive people towards more and more extreme positions. Okay, So they start off in a mindstream positions talking about ethnicity perhaps or fife, and they end up over a period of time receiving in the in books. Not just children, adults as well, of course, can be impacted by this with sounds like Michael Khan Nazi level propaganda.
Speaker 5: All right, So now he's talking about how the internet is making things worse. He said, people start off with good ideas and okay things to talk about, and then they turn into like Nazis, he's saying, with calls for violence.
Speaker 1: All right, we know that.
Speaker 9: Just to name one area that is.
Speaker 4: Of concern, checkbooks chaos.
Speaker 9: Second is newify apps. We are seen as well with some of these algorithms coming through. We're seeing increased presentations in our hospitals of young women who have been choked, strangled. We see anal tearing growing at an extraordinary.
Speaker 4: Horrific rate.
Speaker 9: That's true because what too many young men are seeing online is normalizing behavior that is anything but normal.
Speaker 5: So he's saying, because of the Internet, you're seeing people get radicalized. But also he's seeing more women getting shown and with anal tears.
Speaker 1: I think is what I.
Speaker 4: Said, the jump from online nazi to goon or very quickly he did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's saying, like all of it radicalizes you, and it's like physically showing on on people. Let us do you think he's right or wrong? Right now here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 22: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to win your.
Speaker 1: Ass your knowing jury duty with the news Junkie.
Speaker 5: Jury Duty brought to you by v one, the only mode WIT at the Wit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com. After an accident, you need to lean into the attorney that you know that you love. It's going to help you fight those big greedy insurance companies. And the attorney that's going to do the best job, in my opinion, is everybody who you get a hold of at Just callmo dot com, including our friend Modo It just Callmo dot com. There's a very serious lawsuit happening. Gentlemen, Seelandis will probably affect you the most, Josh, maybe you second most.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: No, Purdue is now suing one of their competitors because they both released six seven chicken nuggets.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were talking about the pharmaceutical company.
Speaker 5: Now Purdue the chicken peeps Oka. Yeah, they they showed in the in the case. I'm looking at this here it says this is a side by side comparison of Purdue's product packaging with the produce six seven chicken nuggets and the challenged branding over here, and Soul's Kitchen has their six seven chicken nuggets, and then Purdue has theirs, and they say this is ours. In April twenty twenty six, Perdue launched a new product called six seven Chicken Nuggets. Purdue owns various trademarks related to its six seven chicken nuggets, referred to as the produced six seven marks, and they filed them with the US Patent and Trade Office. They said, uh, six seven serial number, none of you know whatever they should them. In addition to the produced six seven marks, Perdue has also developed distinctive packaging and that's for its six seven chicken nuggs.
Speaker 1: It's so stupid the idea that this turned from a trend from some young kids at school to now the chicken companies, the big conglomerates are fighting over who's able to feed your kid six seven shaped chicken nuggets. I don't often say this about civil trials, but if this goes to a jury, I would like it to be televised because I want to see a lawyer with a suit on address a jury and go, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. You know this when they created the six seven chicken nuggets.
Speaker 5: They got to do the hand thing. Yeah, that would be hilarious. I could see them say fog horn leghorns style.
Speaker 1: He'd be like, awe, seven ladies and gentlemen is clearly much thicker than the competition's seven, because it is.
Speaker 5: If I was going to choose one, I would choose the Soul's kitchen because look at that's a big thick.
Speaker 1: Nug right theah better? Yeah, and I'd say all his features a young bull with his mouth open, excited to eat the six seven and all six seven, as you can see, is in a quotations above the packaging.
Speaker 5: I think you got a case there. I think this is pretty good. I think it's really dumb that they're fighting.
Speaker 1: Over this though. And that's where we're at in the frozen food asle in jury duty. Thank you so much. And we'll see Moses next week, I believe on the show. Possibly he's a little busy at the moment, so he'll have to join us later. Right now, what we're going to do, Let's take a quick break when we come back. Seawn's foghorn leghorn is better than his African safari accent. I appreciate that. I appreciate you saying.
Speaker 5: That because my African Safari accent is so highly regarded, so highly regarded, that that means you think a lot of my foghorn leghorn.
Speaker 1: So that is truly thank you, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sure when we come back, the Power Hour kicks off as we get into the weekend. You deserve it, we deserve it, and it's time to have some fun for the final hour of the show. For the week that is coming up next some of the news Junkie.
Speaker 5: One of the most viral stories of the week I think was this pastor and there was a lot of reaction to this. I don't know if you guys josh and and Celian saw this pastor video, but I'll give you the details behind this because so many people with a reaction was like, how could a pastor do this. There's a video of this guy, Tony Spell, a pastor from Louisiana and he gets into a fight with his neighbor and he beats the crap out of his neighbor in this video, like it's for real.
Speaker 1: I'll show it.
Speaker 5: To you for those of you watching on YouTube dot com slash in the news junkie.
Speaker 1: You see the guy.
Speaker 5: This is the guy filming here across the street with his cell phone. And this is the pastor, Tony spell who's coming across the street.
Speaker 1: He's gonna attack this dude.
Speaker 4: The neighbor.
Speaker 5: It's coming up on him, all right. They're trying to swing on each other. The neighbor attacked him first, punched him first. The pastor is grabbing him. Scream if something honking out of the pastor's punching him. Throws on the ground. The pastor just starts decking him. Man, this guy, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The pastor knows how to to throw down. I guess he threw his phone. He's just punching him.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: The guy's on the ground at somebody's.
Speaker 4: Like help my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's twisting his head around him. No, I don't know if he was trying to break his neck there. Oh, there's a whole thing right. The guy's kicking his legs like a little kid on the ground.
Speaker 5: All right, you get it, Okay, I mean that actually, uh, this is the end of it, all right. Just just for the record, The pastor and gets up, gives him a swift kick and immediately this blows up. It blows up locally, and it blows up a little bit nationally. And people were saying, how could he ever do this? How could a pastor do this? But the pastor is not only standing by what he did, he's mentioning it in in the church. He's he's working it in dis sermons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have recently opened up a can of the whoopist of ass.
Speaker 5: You're surprisingly close here he is. Here's the pastor talking about this.
Speaker 24: When you threaten to rape my wife, okay, when you threaten to rape my grandchildren, and the next time you leave go out of town, I'm going to kill every one of them. As a man, as a father, and as a pastor, I can't allow that.
Speaker 4: Are there?
Speaker 5: They showed the footage of the two of them scrap and I got I got one more clip. I think of him mentioning this in a church, the pastor who did this? And I'll give you all the details about what happened with this guy. Some things for.
Speaker 24: The merit that followed the New Testament church. The Bible said, these signs shall follow them that believe in my name.
Speaker 4: They shall speak with new tongues.
Speaker 1: We do that in my name.
Speaker 24: They shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Speaker 5: It's kind of hard to hear, but I think they're whooping it up. Oh yeah, for like kicking this guy's.
Speaker 4: Assaying him, punching that guy was laying hands on the sick.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah. When I think of Jesus laying hands on the sick, that is not what I picture. Well, you weren't there. This is what happened. They crucified it for a reason.
Speaker 24: This is the day for the merit and all of you. I fulfilled the scripture. I laid hands on the sick. I don't know how much recovery they're gonna have, but I laid hands on the sick.
Speaker 4: Uh huh, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So there he is.
Speaker 4: This hadn't seen some of you worship that hard in years.
Speaker 24: I should have did that a long time ago.
Speaker 1: All I had to do was kick somebody's ass to really get things going. So this guy, this unbelievable man, and I have some of the new details about this, as police reports were filed in a dispute prior to the pastor's arrest. Let me give you beyond just the viral clip and tell you from.
Speaker 25: The investigative Unit Tony Spell, that pastor of Life Tabernacle Church WBRZ here bonded out of East Betner's Parish prison. Of course, that was Tuesday night. We've been following this for you. So this is the video of that the w or him getting arrested. Is this video the WBRS the investigative unit obtaining documents from Central Police now showing a history of disputes between Spell, his wife and the neighboring Sherwin family going back to twenty twenty three or a fight between the neighbor's son and the pastor got caught on camera. Chase Spell, the wife of Pastor Spell, accused their neighbor across the street.
Speaker 1: Of using columns to block the church's entrance. The neighbors are also accused.
Speaker 25: Of harassing the Spells on the highway, swerving past their vehicle and yelling obscenities.
Speaker 5: Okay, so they've got some bad blood before this, this says WBRZ Investigative Unit obtained documents from the Central Police Department detailing disputes between the pastor, his wife and his neighbors. The Spell, the main pastor of Life Tabernacle Church, was arrested by deputies after this altercation where he beat the guy up. He said that he was working on a church bus when he heard the neighbor's son yelling from outside their home across the road. He said, Tony, I'm going to rape your wife. I'm going to do it to all your grandchildren. Next time you go out of town, I'm going to kill him. What the effort you're going to do about it? And that's what made him go across the road and whoop this guy's ass.
Speaker 4: Not enough time to switch out the power hour clip.
Speaker 5: In the name of the Lord, he said. One complaint was filed at twenty twenty six and met a detailed Spell's wife, Shay Spell, telling police that in March, Luke Sherwin, the guy that was beaten by the pastor, flipped her off before getting in his truck and following her as she started swerving past them and driving into their lanes.
Speaker 1: So this is like a long running battle that's been going on between these two.
Speaker 5: That's the backstory on that fight. If you see it in your feet out there right now. Though, let's do the power hour They said.
Speaker 7: It couldn't be done.
Speaker 1: Then they said, oh no, I'm gonna lose my vagina. It's time for the Power Hour on the news, Chunky, I had them trying to guess what it was gonna be to start the Power Hour. Nobody guessed that.
Speaker 5: No, not not a soul guest that one here, But thank you, thank you for that, Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: The Power Hour is on here on the show. Thanks for joining us, Thanks for being with us. Another story I wanted to talk about, and I hate that. Yeah, I have to put stuff like this out there. In fact, I don't know that you do, but I'm going to do it anyhow. There's a psychiatrist who's in big trouble in Boca Ratone, and bring this story up in front of me. Here. This is a Boca Ratone psychiatrist who's now had his license suspended because he was having some zoom meetings with patients.
Speaker 5: Now, I think that's fairly normal, right, I think that's a fairly normal thing. Yes, they're psychiatrists that will meet you over zoom and you'll do it that way. But there was some other stuff going on, and doctor and Andrews Srio is the psychiatrist in question who's in trouble.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with all of this, a Boca.
Speaker 5: Ratone psychiatrist is facing serious allegations after at least two patients say they were asked to get naked during their mental health appointments conducted during telehealth sessions. The Surgeon General of Florida, Joseph Lopado or Ladappo, issued an emergency suspension of his medical license after these allegations were filed. According to the state document, a twenty nine year old patient identified as SA, strangely enough, began treatment with Sorel in twenty twenty for depression anxiety at OCD. During a zoom appointment, he requested that she stripped down to her bra and underwear, and then the next time he asked her to take her top off and show him her breasts, which obviously not part of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So I find himself in some trouble today.
Speaker 5: Give us your thoughts, tips, tips, That's what I said tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. There was another patient too who said the same thing happen and it's set Around the summer of twenty twenty five, thirty three year old woman identified as CB saw the doctor. This is the reason why they were seeing. The woman said, I have ADHD, I have depression and bipolar disorder. Okay, those are very important things. You want to get those handled. State documents alleged Simmer requests over zoom escalating to providing photos of the patient in a bra, underwear, or bikini. Nicole bish Up, a victim's advocate in pom Beach County, said the situation reflects a troubling pattern. I mean, how does this guy bridge the gap between we're talking and a telehealth thing about your mental health? And to figure this out, I'm going to need to see your breasts. That that is quite strange to me. And obviously these women knew something was wrong immediately and reported this guy, and now he's got his license suspended here. But just keep in mind there are some weird, weird people out there doing stuff like that. All right, we have a grab bag segment up next on the show.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of stuff that we haven't gotten into that we need to get into for sure before we can rightfully wrap up the week. We'll see what you have to say with your dispatches before we close the door on the show, and we'll get your emails in and everything.
Speaker 5: Else before the end of a Friday program. All of that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Don't forget because it's a Friday, that means we've got a secret show. Secret shows drop every Friday at five pm Eastern, and this week is no different. Make sure you are on board. It's the best way to support the show. Show your support as little as two ninety nine a month and it is very, very very funny. The latest show that we did. I hope you go check it out at some point this weekend. Enjoy yourself over at the neewsjunkie dot com with the latest secret show.
Speaker 1: Should I play this this thing you sent here?
Speaker 5: See it says it's Friday and you deserve to hear Addicted to Love and Canthony.
Speaker 1: I just scrolled by it on Twitter and I thought it was they recreated the video quite well.
Speaker 5: Oh this guy completely redid the music video. Who is the original guy for Addicted to Labbert Holmer? Robert Palmer?
Speaker 1: All right, the late Robert Palmer. Oh he's dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a while ago. I think man was.
Speaker 1: The video of that one, the one with like women with the red lipstick and the red high heel. Yeah, And I think I distinctly remember on pop up video them kind of making fun of the fact that, like these women were playing bass guitars but knew nothing about music. So there's a there's a part where the music kind of stops, but the lady is still just strumming the bass.
Speaker 5: For the record, you slap at the bassas everybody knows this.
Speaker 1: So this is a little present for people on Friday. It's pretty catchy.
Speaker 4: I'm going I just have to believe he's actually saying the words in China, Like.
Speaker 5: We have no idea what he's really saying. This could be against the Dalai Lama for all we know.
Speaker 4: It's like Anthony Ketas singing.
Speaker 5: It does a little bit. Yeah, take that Cantonese. It's what's funny is when you do it in this language. Probably more people heard this version because there's so many Chinese folks out there than ever heard Robert Palmer's version.
Speaker 1: You think, yeah, I mean, there's how many people are in China. At least twelve. There's more than twelve. I think it's at least double that. Josh Josh is right, there are at least twelve people in China Cantonese. Good blow the Sorry your audio clip is cut off, really cut the cut the legs out from under you on that one. Yeah, but that's beautiful. It is beautiful. It says addicted to love in Cantonese and reminds me of the all German version of Karmasaur. I mean you don't need yeah, yeah, yeah, I like it. There's something about that. I used to love this, this cover song. I don't know if we could find this, hell, I wouldn't know where to even begin looking. But there used to be a cover song of What's All the Leaves.
Speaker 5: Of Brown California Dreaming by the Mama's in the Papas thank You, See Lanna, Thank You Josh one two Punch, and it was done by a Japanese band and it was like incredibly fast Japanese punk Mama's and Papa's cover and it made me want to Afterwards, I was like, God, I could listen to that band doing every oh this.
Speaker 1: It no, this is the original, right you can't tell? It should be like, no, that's that's that's the original.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: It was a Japanese is like punk band and something about it was like I love the old classic version of it. And then hearing this band this like these young Japanese guys.
Speaker 1: Or at least I think they were Japanese. He'll find o. But they were hearing.
Speaker 4: Them do it.
Speaker 5: It could have been maybe that's what changed my whole life, the whole trajectory.
Speaker 1: If you put California Dream in punk cover, you.
Speaker 4: Might Let's see, listen to this first.
Speaker 5: You're gonna know right away because it's like, ohthough it's really intense, uh, And it may be like because I thought, all these countries, all these places around the world, they take our songs in it's the most amazing thing ever. And then they can redo them either for us in English and we hear like a Japanese person doing it, or they could do it for their own people in their own country and they don't even know there was somebody else's song. Like you can find every great Japanese classic song ever, every pop song ever charted ever in Japanese history, and then you could just do it over in English and in American people be like, oh, that's catchy, because you've already proven that there's like a level of catchiness to the song. It's beautiful, it's amazing you find it, or now I can't find this punk one.
Speaker 1: There is a weird like YouTube short that's like, does your country have a version of California Dreaming. There's a lot of covers of California Dreaming. There's like German, uh Ugo, Slavian, there's a bunch.
Speaker 4: Of it is it? This is it? This is it? Nice standard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh I heard this one, but they didn't sound Japanese that.
Speaker 1: That guy doesn't sound Japanese to you.
Speaker 4: I thought it was.
Speaker 1: I thought it meant in Japanese like I thought it was going to be, like the lyrics are translated to Japanese.
Speaker 4: This guy sounds like William Hung.
Speaker 1: This guy sounds like a Japanese guy.
Speaker 4: Top this may be like this so much?
Speaker 5: Wow, you seem I can't tell that guy's Japanese. Just for the trial, he's so good. I love that guy. I think he's still out there, right William Hung. Yeah, sure, I mean he's alive. I don't know what he's doing these days. Wasn't he a cameo or something?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 1: He did some stuff for us, That's what he did. One of the Just Okay events. He recorded some videos and he's like, hey, I'm William Hung. Welcome to the Just Okay, you know he did a whole whole thing.
Speaker 5: Can we just establish that Sean does not understand accent?
Speaker 1: That guy is Japanese. I'm right. What are you talking about? How how could I get it wrong? If I'm right and you got.
Speaker 7: It, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't you understand how your big.
Speaker 1: Extense of this like it is a Japanese band, right, Josh?
Speaker 5: Didn't you look him up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The legit of.
Speaker 1: Japanese band The guy sounds Japanese. High Standard is a Japanese punk rock band formed in nineteen ninety one by bassist and lead vocalist Oka hero nan ba Uh and then Ken Yokoyama and drummer Akira Sunyoka.
Speaker 5: What were the other versions ahead of that song? Because there's something that I would like better, but I just never heard, And there's a whole Wikipedia of all these.
Speaker 1: I would have to find. Oh, it's on TikTok here and we find this is the American version. All right, German, you love him?
Speaker 4: They just had a couple of them.
Speaker 1: That's so great. When you have a hit song you can literally do it in any language. That's the most amazing thing in the world to me. I absolutely love that. So I bet if you take a song like Whitney Houston, I will always love you or something every country, every language. Yeah, like there's some camponese.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's beautiful too. Then we want to get to you. Your dispatches are rolling in. I want to play a couple of them right now. You can join us on the show at any time.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Here is John Hannan with a dispatch for us. It's about the pastor.
Speaker 26: Right a happy Friday Friday Sunday.
Speaker 1: I got two things real quick.
Speaker 26: That pastor whoop an ass really does make me think that like maybe they crucified Jesus because he was just going around like paranoid fighting everybody could be like and then they just had to stop him, like maybe he just thought somebody was talking about his mom or you know, I don't know what you say about my heavenly father, and then he just started trying to whoop everybody. And then the other thing is what with that commercial that comes on where it's like, oh the day is mo Beta with Joshua Fowler speak for yourself. The dude is an energy vampire. And that's also why I don't understand why I love him so much.
Speaker 5: I mean that we go thank you John, the fired shots and then fired compliments. So a little bit of a back and forth. Somebody says, I only listen to the news Junkie in Russian.
Speaker 1: You laugh. That's kind of real, right, don't like. I think they take the YouTube videos and translate them into all sorts of language. Yeah. I don't know if I could find it, I probably couldn't find it any time. But if you go to the news.
Speaker 5: Junkie and hit a YouTube video, I know you at least have the ability to do this.
Speaker 1: Who knows. I'll try one just to see. But I know on YouTube videos you can click them and then you can select different languages, not just captions or anything, but straight up like languages, and they'll have somebody else in a whole different voice to it.
Speaker 5: It's kind of crazy, that's cool. I had that one time with I had a.
Speaker 1: Facebook video Facebook dot com slash the news Junkie that was going viral, and I looked and in particular, it was going viral in uh Poland or something, and when I clicked on it, it was me and the words are matching my mouth, but I'm speaking in Polish and just for the record.
Speaker 5: I don't know Polish, I don't speak in Polish. We're bridging the gap where we're truly going global. It's kind of wild to see.
Speaker 1: There was an all Spanish language cover of like one of my favorite led Zeppelin songs that I used to jam out to. Didn't know a single word to it. I mean, I know I know other words of the English version, but it was just fun listening to the Spanish version because it was a heater. In fact, that's where that's where I got this bed from. It was from the Spanish Fool in the Rain? Will you not be excited about that?
Speaker 5: God's say, that's a good time right there here there is the stick.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 27: Usually when i'm cutting my yard, like after one.
Speaker 5: On, I cut you off. That's my bat. I had my laptop muted. I'll bring you back to the beginning. There's a whole stick.
Speaker 4: Junkies.
Speaker 27: Hey, Usually when i'm cutting my yard, like after work on Friday, usually I'm wrapping up by about eight fifteen, eight thirty. The sun's still out, but honestly eight thirty is the cut off. At that point you should be kind of winding down. So maybe the guy was almost une cutting his yard. And also, I don't know what the deal is that everyone's driving today, But everyone's driving like a bunch of freaking entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: I'll come.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's already out there becoming We can't. It's just come on, support the guy. Let's do you know what, We'll hold the rest. I'll hold the rest for the very end. I did want to give you an update. Remember the guy who they said lit the Palisades fire in California. He was on trial here in Central Florida where the show originates from the HQ here, and.
Speaker 5: The guy got away with it. I guess you could say because the jury came back hang on Palacids a fire, they came back with a verdict today or not? No verdict was what they came to it as trial right, a mistrial.
Speaker 12: A trial is now underway for the man accused of sparking.
Speaker 1: This is earlier in the trial. It's an AutoPlay video on ABC.
Speaker 5: The judge declared a mistrial on Friday in the federal trial of the man who's accused of starting the deadly blaze that devastated the Pacific Palisades neighborhood of Los Angeles last year, with a jury unable to reach a verdict.
Speaker 1: John Rinderconnect was accused of.
Speaker 5: Maliciously starting a fire that six days later developed into what became known as the Palisades Fire, one of the most destructive wildfires in LA history. He was indicted on three federal accounts, destruction of property by means of fire, arson, affecting property used in interstate commerce, and timber set a fire. It's an interesting charge timber set a fire, which carries up the forty five years in prison. He pleaded no guilty. The jury began deliberating Wednesday morning. They were deadlocked Thursday afternoon. There were two jurors with unwavering stances. The jury remained deadlocked on Friday, with ten for not guilty and two for guilty. Oh so they were leaning towards letting him walk anyway, Yeah, yeah, ten of them and it says fire assistant, you are sorry.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 5: First assistant US Attorney for the Central District of California, Bill A. Sail Or ASSAILI I'm not sure, said His office plans to retry the case. The evidence is strong that Jonathan Renderneck is responsible for igniting the fire. On January first, twenty twenty five, which became the Palisades Fire. One of the jury jurors, who was on the not guilty side, said they thought there was a lot of holes in the government government's case. I don't think there was enough everment. Excuse me, I'm running into the weekend here. I don't think there was enough evidence to say he started the fire. The jury weekend here, a forty nine year old Sirena said this. She said, I'm not going to put somebody down for that entire thing. Even if she did find him guilty of starting the first fire, she didn't feel comfortable blaming somebody for the Palisades fire. If the initial fire wasn't properly a sting extinguished, that's kind of interesting. So the jurors were like, even if we think he started this fire, because the Los Angeles Fire Department, with all their resources, didn't properly put that fire out and then that fire reignited to start the big fire that caused all the issues, we don't feel comfortable pinning that on the man who started the original fire, which is kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: But that's where they were going on all of this.
Speaker 5: All Right, We're gonna come back and wrap things up here with the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learn to wrap everything up for a Friday.
Speaker 1: All of that it's coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 5: Man, oh man, it's gonna be fun Friday's live show. You will have all of us out there and we will be giving away big money and prizes courtesy had just call moo dot com.
Speaker 1: We got amazing.
Speaker 5: Games that all of you can participate and it's gonna be fun to listen to for those of you on the air, for those of you on the stream, if you've never watched before, Friday is gonna be a fun one to watch. Sea Lane's new live video setup is going to be in use for Friday. No pressure ceiling, like what you're doing there, No, no, no, this is great, brand new branding the entire setup to me, so that if anything fails, it's like that.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true. I'm saying generally speaking, if the audio sounds like crap, you can blame sea Lane because it's his setup, and if the video looks like crap, you can blame sea Lane because it's his new mode.
Speaker 5: Is exactly what I just said, Oh it is, yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's gonna be great. I have.
Speaker 1: I have all the confidence in the world, don't you, Josh, It's gonna be great.
Speaker 4: I have some of the confidence in the world.
Speaker 1: That's what it takes. It takes some of the confidence in the world. I've got confidence in Sunshine. Yeah, I'll tell you. During the break, I was like a ceilings stressing about this Friday Live show.
Speaker 5: You look like you had your heads in your hand. You're like your head is like, you look despondent in there. I said, what's going on?
Speaker 1: I thought Josh was taking a little napsky during one of the breaks. And it turns out because I could only see I was only looking at his camera there. But what I didn't see out of frame was his phone in his hand. So it just looked like he was, you know, he had his phone down here, so I looked like this, yeah, and he was like he's playing slots on his phone.
Speaker 5: Folks, I want you to make sure you are listening to the latest Secret Show. It goes live at five pm Eastern as always on Fridays. Open up the world of secret shows. There's so many shows they're uncensored. You don't know what that is. This is a premium product.
Speaker 1: It's you know, you can subscribe to a premium subscription from the News Junkie. You get secret shows, you get full access to the website. You get an ad free live stream which has a ton of people now every day watching that way because you don't get any ads and it's the best quality stream that we can have. You get access to the TV apps. You get all of it.
Speaker 5: Baby, it's right there for you, and you can subscribe for as little as two ninety nine a month. Hit that button to subscribe to Secret Shows over on the website. Okay, that's going to do it for today, It's going to do it for the whole week. If you have problems on the app, the News Junkie app, some people have been saying the podcast player in the chat isn't working. Use the regular podcast player in the app until some update comes out.
Speaker 4: Most of them that I've seen, have been blaming the code a Reno.
Speaker 5: They have, and you can blame the code a Reno if you want, but I will say the cod a Reino has issued a new update and me the code a Reno is happy to tell you that probably in the next forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: When that update goes, not only would the.
Speaker 5: Main podcast player work perfectly when you lock your phone, but also the chat one that you can you and TJ chap by hitting exclamation point podcast Let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 1: Let's do today.
Speaker 7: I learned the.
Speaker 1: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky.
Speaker 5: What we want today.
Speaker 4: It's here for Josh.
Speaker 1: Great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yay me, So it's here for him.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable work all the way around.
Speaker 5: So they learned for a Friday June twenty sixth, twenty twenty six said they learn.
Speaker 1: This guy right here, that's right. Jerry Seinfeld turned down five million dollars per episode, almost ten million in today's money, with the inflation and all that, to make a tenth season of Seinfeld. He said, not enough, don't need the money that bad.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make the B movie.
Speaker 1: He did that instead.
Speaker 5: Today, heller, I'm not doing myself. This man right here, that's right. Toto from the continent of Africa. I'm very familiar with it. My accents are spot on. They say Toto doesn't miss the rains down in Africa, you idiot. They bless the rains in Africa, one of the most commonly misunderstood lyrics.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for hanging out with us today. We appreciate you. We'll see you next week, same time, same place, Mister shugg at the podcast Atthews Juggie dot com.
Speaker 6: Goodbye, everybody,