Speaker 1: Western and Southern Financial Group presents Threnneman and Jones on Baseball Brought to you went part by RNL Carriers on seven hundred l Jalu, home of the Cincinnati Reds.
Speaker 2: Well trace the Reds baseball season is over. The Dodgers saw it to that last night with an eight to four win. It was clear who was a better ball club, who was a most experienced postseason team, And even though the Reds had a memorable year, maintaining fan interest all the way through the last game of the season, it was simply not to be.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you in the game last night, the ball that was hit to Bet with bases loaded and no outs and he throws it home to get the lead runner.
Speaker 4: I've never seen a play like that, Marty. When the end pill is back, have you seen a play like that? No?
Speaker 2: But I think that's a minor issue as far as the outcome of this game is concerned. No, I have it. I agree with that, but I could turn that around to say, had Hernandez not dropped the fly ball in the first any the Reds don't score two runs.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, But all in all, a great season for the Reds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there's any other way you can describe it. I think the thing that's most concerning is the fact that having been swept by the Dodgers the Reds since they beat the Dodgers in nineteen ninety five in the first round of the postseason, they have lost twenty of twenty four postseason games, and that obviously is something that's got to change.
Speaker 4: It's hard to believe, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It really is. It's amazing that you can lose that many postseason games over the course of that period of time. Res Aluser eliminated too straight by the Dodgers, and Tracy and I be back in just a moment, going then down to an offseason, and we'll get into this more tomorrow in our final show of our and I think there's some pretty obvious things that the Rich need to do. Last night, we saw them load the bases twice, one time with nobody out and could not score, and the other time they came up empty. Also, it was a microcosm of the one thing that has played this ball club consistently all year long, and that is a gross lack of offense.
Speaker 5: Really, especially the power Marty. They've got to find a position ballplayer that can hit some home runs and driving some runs.
Speaker 4: They're really missed that one impact player, don't you agree? One hundred percent?
Speaker 2: But along the same lines, I think when people start to put pressure on sal Stewart said, here's the guy that's going to bring them out of their power problems. That is too much to ask for a young man who at the end of the season has roughly a month in Major League baseball. They need to go out and get an experienced home run hitter who can drive in runs and take the pressure off of these young kids. The same thing we said this time last year.
Speaker 4: But I have to agree with you. South Stewart is a big time player. He is so mature for so he is so young, but really knows how to hit. He's going to be a superstar. I really believe that. I think he's going to be.
Speaker 2: A great offensive player, no doubt about it. Tomorrow, Tracy, we wrap up this. How many years have it been now?
Speaker 4: Three twenty it's spent. It's been twenty five. That's right, We'll do it tomorrow. Yeah, buddy,