Speaker 1: Do you want to be an American?
Speaker 2: Flow me back on seven hundred. Well, I've got Marty got coming up. I get to be king again for the three thousands a year. I believe it's a thirty fifth year. I think I've been doing this for at least ten or fifteen. And that happens on Fat Tuesday, February seventeenth, Northern Kentucky Convention Center. And this year, in addition to raising money for Brighton Center and Bethany House and Homeward Bound getting meals and food for homeless kids in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, we have a new title sponsor. And in studio this morning is Robin and Jimmy Burrow and our buddy Gordy Snyder Burrows. First of all, I've talked to Gordy for many years. I don't care about him as much as you guys. How are you. We're doing well, awesome, Good to see you. Thanks for popping in today. Gordo, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Scott, good to see you.
Speaker 2: Good to see friend. Of course, of course there's no other place I'd rather be. It wouldn't be the same with the Kingdom to get bread thrown at me. It's a whole thing. It's a whole. It's a whole. There's a traditional Oh there it is. Robin just hit me in the eye. It's got a pretty good arm. I wonder our son, guy, I wonder to joe got it and that's pretty good, coach, Coach, could you break down the throw? The mechanism there, break down the not a little more accurate.
Speaker 4: You didn't get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Robin, Joey has nothing to worry about. Okay, I got it all right. So you got fashion sense from mom, the sports from from dad possibly as well. So, uh, this year thirty fifth an, you know, this is a big milestone right here. How much money have we raised to day, Cordy, We've raised about two.
Speaker 3: Point nine million date to feed homeless children and different agencies as you mentioned. This year we hope to go over to the three million dollar mark. And uh, it's going to be an exciting party, as you know, and with a purpose and to feed these homeless homeless children throughout the Greater Cincinnati Northern Kentucky area. So you know, it's one of those things.
Speaker 2: I actually got a crumb in my Robin that was a better throw than That's fine. I got a yeast infection out my eyeball. So it's I don't know what's going yeah, sorry, no, that's what it was. Distracted, So you know it's it's going to be a great event. We have as you know, live entertainment there with DV eight. We have the Fort Mitchell High School band leading the parade which you are riding in and get roles thrown at you. Yes, you get assaulted with bread yep.
Speaker 3: And we also have the uh the uh you know, Alive and Silent Auction, which are great events and people can begin to bid on those about you know, the beginning of February got well how it comes out there for people step bidding.
Speaker 2: On nice nice, that's always good. Let's talk about the Joe Burr Foundation and how you guys decided to get involved here.
Speaker 5: Well we uh uh the Joe Burrow Foundation has been going out about three years. It all started, uh once upon a time when Joe and his heistman Speed addressed food insecurity in Southeast Ohio and then drafted by the Bengals. He wanted to start a foundation and uh give back to Athens, Southeast Ohio, Baton Rouge and of course Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: So uh Uh, it's it's been great.
Speaker 5: We're really glad to partner with this Marty Marty Gral thing to help the homeless children feed them. Anything to do with Marty Gral and Louisiana, we're we're always in but kind of our motto is to help the underprivileged and the underserved in in terms of food insecurity and children's mental health, and children's homelessness can definitely be all intertwined into those three things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over the years, I've watched this the organization and what they've done firsthand, and it's nothing short of incredible. This one night raises so much money. I mean, you think you're putting we take it for granted, you know, the food, but there's kids who are in food insecurities and the like, and it really helps make their lives whold at least try to do that as well. And I think it's really interesting Robin is that you know, Joe goes to LSU, he wants to get involved with food insecurity and this like this charity with the event we do is like perfect for you guys because it's only Marty Gratt raises to feed kids. It's incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it definitely seems like it was meant a partnership, meant to be. We're very excited to be the presenting sponsor and help with the food and security piece and help children be able to know where their next meal is coming from so they have one less thing to worry about if they are a challenged with homelessness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gordy, let's talk about that and how many meals are provided and where it all goes, because people go and you kind of feel you think about it like wow, I'm having a good time because you get a ticket and it's all you can eat, all you can drink. And we've got every restaurant in northern Kentucky and Ohio that seems they there. We have probably got to turn some away. It's way more food and drink than one should have on a Tuesday night. However, I will say that when you're doing it, you think, wow, it's like, Okay, I'm having a good time, but this is I'm doing it for a good cost.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's for a great cost. And every year we serve over one hundred and fifty thousand meals for Brighton Center, Bethany House and Welcome House. And you know the nice thing about this is that all the money is ear marked for food and it's a restaurant, restaurant's way of giving back to the community. All the purveyors at over fifty restaurants and purveyors there that night right and everything under the sun. As you know, because you've walked around and seen all the different risks you need all you'd be in trouble if you did that. Yeah, And you know, like you said, if you get there early, because you can buy a VIP ticket or sponsorship and then you get the big piece of the chicken.
Speaker 2: You get the big piece of chicken. That's the key. You get the VIP ticket, which is how.
Speaker 3: Much VIP is one hundred and twenty five dollars. And we have sponsorship levels from fifteen hundred all the way up to ten thousand. So if a corporation or a community or association wants to get sponsorship, get a table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it really is amazing. I'd imagine the auction with you know, with the Burrows here along with Gordy Snyder, that the auction items are probably going to get increase significant that it'd be some good stuff.
Speaker 3: We might have something there from Joe Burwens.
Speaker 2: You might have a couple of things there. Does he ever get tired of you guys asking I got to sign?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually he does get a little higher that, but it's always for a good cause, and he's happy to support other organizations and this is certainly a good cause.
Speaker 1: We pick our spots.
Speaker 2: This week is not a good week. No, this is not a good week at all. That the big game coming up here for the Bengals, and I know it's been a it's got to be hard for you guys. I can imagine what it's like to watch a football game with you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We we once upon a time, after all my years of playing and coaching, Yeah, we thought that maybe it would get easier and we wouldn't be as nervous. But I've found we've found that we get more nervous now because we know how important it is to Joe and the team and and the city and fans and everybody. So yeah, we're we're uncomfortable until the game starts and then we bet.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I bet and it happens right, And that's a whole different thing. And especially with the injuries too, Let's face it, that's that's a huge concern every time he gets hit.
Speaker 3: It's part of it.
Speaker 5: I think that the mom uh here does gets a little more uh nervous about about the injuries. But it's it's, as I said, part of the game. Yeah, you know, it's risk reward. It's high risk and high reward for these plays.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't need Robin. I think you agree we don't need It's all well and good, but we don't need a third comeback player of the year. We need a super Bowl, right, That.
Speaker 4: Is exactly right. That is definitely on the list of things to take care of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check that box off too. So and I know it's not the season you wanted, but hope springs eternal here in Cincinnati, Ohio for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's uh, that's one of the reasons Joe works so hard to get back because of the fans and and his and his teammates, and that's that's what he plays for, to bring everybody, including himself and us a super Bowl.
Speaker 1: And we still think it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Were you surprised how quickly he came back this season after that injury. That was amazing to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's been know much how.
Speaker 2: How hard he works at stuff too, But he's been a.
Speaker 5: Fast heeler and the surgeons that have done the surgery have been fantastic over the years. The Bengal trainer Matt Summers, Nate and therapist Nick Cosgray, they're awesome, and he buys into what they want him to do, and he trusts them and it works out. He works really hard because he knows how important it is.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Of course, he does his his career, his whole life. He's played football his whole life, and so you know that's the last thing those guys are gonna do is not play. I totally understand, which is why you know he wanted to start. When most people say, oh, you should probably shut it down, you're not gonna tell him no. And if he can go, he can go. That's what they pay him to do. On the other hand, when you see him hit like that and it's like, man, we saw early the season all the pressure he's Eventually, you know, in that game he goes down with the foot, Robin, do you want to go out? And like, do you have to be pulled away? Going to listen, I'm gonna call those linemen up and I'm gonna start. I'm gonna give it. Listen, this is Joe's mom. You got to protect him better.
Speaker 1: Well, there are.
Speaker 2: Times that I would like to do that.
Speaker 4: Yes, However, Joe would definitely not enjoy if I if I voice my opinion on that. So I just, you know, provide all the support I can for him, and I hope that things will go well.
Speaker 2: I know that those guys.
Speaker 4: All work really hard and are certainly trying to do their very best, and some things don't go the way that we want them to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to trust in them. Do you said? My kids about the same age. She still get the occasional mama.
Speaker 4: Mama, definitely a little last the last couple of years, I think, But I think that is always joy to my ears when I get it.
Speaker 2: I still don't want mom so embarrassing. She called God, it's Jimmy and Robin Burrow and study this morning with a Gordy Snyder. I'm King of Marty Gray again this year and North Kentucky Convention Center Tuesday, February seventeenth. All of it benefits homeless children in Cincinnati. It's Bethany House, It's Brighton Center, It's Welcome House, and all the proceeds one hundred percent of it go to feed homeless kids for an entire year here in the Tristate area in northern Kentucky as well. We've got all these fifty restaurants mentioned the restaurants Gordy. But the other element of this, because it's Marty Gras and Bourbon Street is Bourbon.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of livations there as you know Bourbon, and of course there's craft beers and wine and all kinds of other beverages as well.
Speaker 2: You know, you can and that's why I have in Northern Kentucky because Ohio just ban it so we can't.
Speaker 3: You can't go home hungry. Yeah, and we recommend uber for everybody else.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got hotels across the street.
Speaker 3: Hotels across the street.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what makes one hell of a Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: Gift, Yeah, it does. And Christmas, we've got Christmas coming up. They can jump on right now on our website at Marti Gras Nky dot org. Or they could go to Marti gra twenty twenty six dot org. Either one of those. They'll get them to the place where they could do a sponsorship or buy tickets. We'd love to have everybody you know at the event and help support homeless children throughout our greater sense.
Speaker 2: Of And it's such a it's such a special night. We always have a blast, not only m seeing it raising the money, but just such a great vibe. And it's you know, it's not a you're there for like three or four hours, and it's it's a perfect middle winter kind of thing to do.
Speaker 3: Well. They got to stick around until the live auction is done, and then the silent auction ends around nine o'clock. So if they got bids in on the silent auction, that'd be a great.
Speaker 2: If you liked if you liked to bid on stuff. My wife is a degenerate bidder of things. There's no shortage of things to bid on.
Speaker 3: Lush puppy machine.
Speaker 2: Should I tell the story? Go ahead, it's a great story. One year I was years ago, they got slush puppy machines, you know, you like they make them here in Cincinnati, which I didn't know untill I hosted the event, And so they auction them off like you have your own slush puppet machine, and uh, there's it looked like the floor of the Stock Exchange. People are screaming each other other thing, and I'm like, what is going on out there? And it's like, I don't know. These two people are a bidding more of a slushing machine. It's up to like five six thousand dollars or something like that, and I'm like, I wonder what, Oh my god, it's my wife.
Speaker 4: So I.
Speaker 2: Run over and say, okay, I know it's for charity. You're all caught up in the morning. Do you really want to spend that kind of money. Yeah, okay, so let it go. And next sure she got one of the more reasonable but still, I mean it goes to a charity. It's like she loses her mind with stuff like that. It's a degenerate when it comes to chairity. Why is that You just gave him a look. Yes you can come on over, Come on over, Robbie. You're giving Jimmy a look like one of you two is guilty of the same thing.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, we definitely have enjoyed some margarita's and slushi's in Baton Rouge at Tailgates, so we understand what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea for Tailgate. I I may have to, yeah, get a converter for that need. A generator for that that thinks sucks a lot of juice. I couldn't give away a margarita on Sunday. No, I don't have to worry about frozen. Oh no, you know you come back to this frozen like it's a popsicle at this point too. So, yeah, it's gonna be a little cold. It's a little chili out there for the game. Now you're in town. You're going You're gonna be the in the suite though, right, not gonna brave it outside. Oh you're gonna tell get outside.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: We have a good contingent every every Sunday and this this week, Like you said, it's gonna be cold, but it's cold.
Speaker 1: Uh, we'll be there.
Speaker 2: I was just in Buffalo last weekend for that game, and yeah, you're there, And that's that's real Western I grew up there, so it's all real Western New York snow up there, and it was and what the wind is with Fortunately there's no wind and I'm hoping on Sunday there's no wind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what that's what does. We're a quarterback and throwing the football. It's not so much the cold and even the snow it's it's when the wind's swirling, so I'm always checking the weather.
Speaker 1: But it looks like maybe that part of it will be okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in those days it's hard to throw is you know, you gotta rely more on the running game. Obviously we don't want to get into x's and those here. But yeah, looking forward to game on on Sunday for sure, and hopefully Bengals can run and get things right for the for the rest of the season for sure.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It is Marti gra for Homeless Kids.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it's being presented by a friend of the Joe Burrow Foundation for the first time Joe Burrow Foundations involved into perfect fit because it's Marty Gras. That'd be the LSU connection. And it's feeding homeless kids, which the Borough Foundation is designed to do because of food insecurity, not just here but Louisiana and also in in Athens. How much time you guys spend up in Cincinnati now often quite a bit.
Speaker 1: We Uh you know, we're in We're in Athens.
Speaker 5: We're in uh Cincinnati, uh, As I said, there's a lot of different events going on. We like to come hang out with Joe every so often, and uh we we still try to get down the Baton rouge nice the Joe Burrow Foundation, we have a separate board in Louisiana and uh then then Ohio, but we still do the same things. You can go to Joe Burrow dot org and just learn the things that we're doing with children's mental health, food insecurity, and the Marty Grawl and so we're we're honored to be a part of that. Joe's honored to be a part of this and uh hopefully we can raise a lot of money and and help feed homeless children.
Speaker 2: Jimmy got a new head coach down there at LSU. You haint, well.
Speaker 1: That's who they wanted.
Speaker 5: So I've known the Kiffin family for a long time. Lane's dead Monti Kiffin was my defensive coordinator at Nebraska when I played, kind of my mentor through the years, uh uh coaching. He recently passed away, unfortunately. But h l s U fans are fired up. Doesn't take a lot to get them fired up.
Speaker 3: They'll they'll go.
Speaker 1: Have a drink no matter a what Marty gral Bourbon.
Speaker 5: Street LSU Tiger football games, and so they're excited.
Speaker 2: That's a whole different vibe down there. In Baton Rouge.
Speaker 5: We we learned basically how to tillgate at the promis you and we've passed that along to the Bengals game.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's the what's the l s U tradition? Tell you what's big there? Besides margarite fish?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: The crossish? Okay, so they actually do the wrong.
Speaker 1: But if you claim Florida, then they'll they'll.
Speaker 2: Roast roast gear.
Speaker 3: About already noticed his beads here is you got a little crawfish?
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, we have anybody doing We seen crawfish there. But what about the gator bytes courty, Well, we can probably work work that out from Martin Groan. I've got the seventeenth of February. I got some time to deal with session. Probably could find a gator, right, yeah, get a big gumbo pot. Somebody's got to have a gumbo pot. You got to throw it in the newspaper, right, Just how you lay the newspaper on the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah on a table?
Speaker 4: Yes, and then they have big holes that you put the tails.
Speaker 2: And whatever it is that you don't eat from a crawfish. I don't know, but are the heads? I think the heads? I tell you no, you suck the head right, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're just there for the shrimp at the end, do we Yeah, Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: It's a it's the crawfish is more a social thing than yes, but people love them down there and that's that's a big that's.
Speaker 2: Part of it here too. So yeah again, great, have you guys in the studio this morning. Very nice to meet you both, and Steak stay warm on Sunday for the game.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having us really.
Speaker 2: Look forward to are you guys. Yeah, hopefully see in February two. That's gonna be awesome. So I'll be the guy on the big thing with the hat and the cape on and then people throw bread at me. I'm going to be that guy.
Speaker 6: I'm that Oh my gosh, I'm going to be comeback talk show host of the year and next I get her this assault with bread here for our friends from Closterman.
Speaker 2: By the way, thanks.
Speaker 3: Someone I should mention too throwing bread at me.
Speaker 2: Now you just got pelted again by Robin just two for two.
Speaker 3: Mercedespens a Fort Mitchell. Yeah, and the Why We're Family Foundation are back for the thirteenth year to be our events sponsors. So oh good. Yeah, so we're exciting, excited to have Joe Burrow Foundation as our spon sponsor and then Mercedes Spends and those folks are back as our events sponsors this year and they provide the free parking right across the street in the uh.
Speaker 2: Oh cool in the Kent County. Uh don Pepperella's team. Great guys over there's right, Mercedes spend for exiture to have them back to awesome. All right, Well, I look forward to seeing everybody on the seventeenth, Gordy, yourself included. We have all sorts of festivities with now and then we've got football on Sunday and the weekend is just about here. Scott's loan, thanks for coming in, y'all. Good to meet you. Thanks, thanks seven hundred ww