Speaker 1: We talk about something kind of interesting that I wanted to bring up on the show and see what your guys' thoughts are about this. Chelsea and I have a list of thirty things that we want to try to do over the course of the next year, not like from now until the end of the year, but the next year, and see how many of these things we can accomplish, and then how many of these things we set to accomplish. There are thirty dates, and we listed it up on our Instagram so you can go see it. It's a post that was posted just a couple of days ago. But some of these things are worth even bringing up to see if you guys could do it with your significant others, or when you find a significant other you try this with them, because I will tell you I don't think it's easy. Let me go through the list. Number one on the list go on a phone free date and be fully present. So go out on a date and keep your phone either in the car, in your purse, in your pocket and not the whole day, which which Chelse and I talked about. That's one of our biggest issues we have in our relationship is she says, I'm on my phone too much, and I'll be honest, I think she's on her phone too, but she's also I think doing it in retaliation to me.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the easy one, y'all both can do.
Speaker 1: We can definitely do that. Number two, plan a weekend get away to a place that we've never been. That is one of those things I've been wanting to do for the longest time. I like the idea of just randomly going somewhere. And it doesn't have to be on an airplane. It could, you know, whatever, You could drive it a little bit, but it goes somewhere that takes a little effort to go to from doing it, I think that you go into your normal routines and I think that you know, it's funny it starts off with Monday and next thing you know, it's Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, So kind of things kind of move together. Number three, create a shared bucket list of for the next five years, like where you guys, I don't know if you have you ever done that in any relationships? Have you ever?
Speaker 3: So we we kind of have that. We have a shared like notes that we do some of.
Speaker 1: That, but it's not just that, not things that you want to do, like accomplish.
Speaker 3: It's goals, it's restaurants we want to visit together. It's movies we want to see together. It's books we want to read together. It's like a shared list of all these things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chelsea and I have like the shows we want to watch. We don't really like there's not really a bucket list. I don't think Chelsea and I have ever sat down. I think as we started having kids right away, and yeah.
Speaker 3: They were places we want to visit. Is on there, but it would.
Speaker 1: Be it would be cool take a cooking class or cook a full themed dinner at home together. Fine, Typically it's either I'm making something or she's making something. More likely us.
Speaker 2: DoorDash What do you what do you think you would be more likely to do the cook at home or to take the class.
Speaker 1: Uh, probably cook together, like.
Speaker 3: Somebody come to your house.
Speaker 1: I would actually do that.
Speaker 3: I have a friend and that's what she does.
Speaker 1: I would actually like to if we could. I would like to go to one of those like was it williamsin Omas or whatever, like in the mall, like go to it and just take Like I would like to take a class with her. Yeah, and I know this sounds bad to say this because I will say I'll do this, and then will happen and I'll go, do we have to whatever? But I really want to. I want to try to like make myself more fully present. And I'm not just saying that for the air, but I truly think that there would be something fun to accomplish. Number six, Chelsea said this was the hardest one watch a sunrise together at least once. Chelse and I watch a lot of sunsets together, Like we will look at sunsets, especially when we're down in Florida, because they go right off the water and it's like it looks like the sun goes right into the water. But watch the sun rise. We never do because I work in the morning and she's she actually said she goes at that time I want to be sleeping because she hasn't sleep. Is so hard, but a sun rise, there's something as beautiful about a sunrise as there is about a sunsets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to be committed today. I don't tried it out a few times and just row back over, like maybe try it more.
Speaker 1: Uh, here you go a couple more of these things, Uh, start a new tradition, just the two of you. I like that one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one for you guys too at this stage of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come up with something kind of cool. That's just the two of us. Number seven unfollow people online who drain your energy and focus and uh, I thought I lost an that's a yeah, Kevin. Number eight follow accounts that help you grow. Chelsea turns me onto all these accounts now like that are you know, trying to keep me like mentally healthier and honestly some of them physically healthier, Like things I gotta, you know, get out of my life that I like so much that cause me issues. Number nine have a deep life goals or uh, you know, conversation about the future talking over wine or coffee. We did that just like a week or so ago. It seems like something that you should what what do you mean you just did it a week or so ago. A week or so ago, Chelsea and I sat on the couch and just kept everything off and just started talking for maybe two hours, and it was the one of the coolest things that we've done in the thirty years thirty plus years that we've been married. With coffee or one I think I was having I think I was drinking bourbon, but it was we just sat there and talked and it didn't lead to me then trying to you know, have sex or anything like that, because usually you sit there and go, God, if I'm doing this for this long, I want to get something out of it. And I know this sounds weird, but when you get into routine, you don't do stuff like this in your relationship. You kind of give up on this. Uh, next one, here go on a spontaneous day trip with no plan.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 1: Would you ever just get in the car and next thing you know, you're just driving somewhere and you're not driving away.
Speaker 3: But I love that idea?
Speaker 2: Wait gasp, right now, but can I count?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? That would be good? Yeah, that would be really good. I had a friend of mine who he and his girlfriend he's now dating. So this is the thing you do, STU. You know, stupid stuff like I say, stupid stuff you do romantic stuff like this. He got in the car, they drove up north and they decided how far can we go where we can just go to a town and have a meal, And then they drove right back. They made it all the way to Charlotte Boy aid and Charlote Boy hung out, walked around the town, and then came back late that same night.
Speaker 3: They do that.
Speaker 1: They said, it was an incredible day.
Speaker 2: You spend more time in a car together than you do at the place you're going to.
Speaker 3: But that then, but that then allows for those good conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number eleven, recreate your first date. What was your first date? Our first day was Olive Garden. We went out Olive Garden and just ate you know, there and talked and laughed and it was It was one of those things. But try to recreate that that first date would be. And that's the easy one that we could do. But it's one of those ones where it's like, hey, you want to go to Olive Garden. But make it intentional.
Speaker 2: You could mix in the first thing on the list with that one with the fall get.
Speaker 1: It for one. Yeah, and I can do it as a spontaneous day and drive old in another.
Speaker 3: I don't think the goal is to combine as many as possible.
Speaker 1: Why not Number twelve learn a new skill together, dance, language, pottery, I don't know. Yeah, I want to take a class. Number thirteen write each other a letter to open in one year.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that one.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a great one?
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Number fourteen have a no spend date and get creative. We used to do and we it was all Chelsea that one. We did picnics like we would just say up like literally, like an old fashioned picnic basket and stuff, and we would do that from time to time. That was so cool. Number fifteen do a digital detox weekend. I actually mentioned to Chelse that we should go on like what Lydia went on? Lydia, What was that? Like a retreat or something that you did, But do a couple's version of that. Yeah, they do have couples versions of that too.
Speaker 3: They're actually coming up with a marriage retreat soon.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I would think about that. What is the time you bringing it up? And God has provided you an opportunity you gotta.
Speaker 1: Take you bro, do it? Do on? You think I get last? Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 3: No phone?
Speaker 1: You got to you gotta want to do it? You know I would. I would, I honestly, I think it would be cool. And then I'd like to be able to sit with other couples and have us all talk about the commonality of relationship. Because I think people think that their relationship is a If you're thinking your relationship is a bad relationship and then you hear other people talk about it, you realize you ain't that bad. You should host a seminar or something. Couple. Chelsea and I talked about that with We Don't. We talked about having like a we get together like kind of how we do the more Mojo podcast on the road. We talked about doing that with We Don't, and couples come to it and we go and we try and we try to like book like some good speakers to come and have conversation. Next one here, volunteer together for a cause you both care about. That's cool idea. Number seventeen take a road trip and make a shared playlist. Ain't gonna happen. Chelsea likes music that I don't like. Actually she doesn't like my music, yeah, and she thinks my music's bad. Number eighteen. Try something slightly out of your comfort zone together. I think all of these kind of are Number nineteen have a home spa night. We used to do that during COVID. We talked about it on the podcast. We would be involved. Chelsea made me do like these masks, face masks and.
Speaker 3: Things to No, we had actually actually Chelsea helped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did trim me up a little bit. You did that and then but remember came to the house and cut number twenty. Go star gazing or watch a media meteor shower. It ain't happening.
Speaker 3: To find this lister or did you? Guys?
Speaker 1: We saw there? We found Uh, we found a bunch of these. Yeah, we found we found a bunch of these. Question number twenty or number twenty one? Not question? But have task to do on a date? Plan a dream trip, even if you can't take it yet. Just plan one together. The idea of planning one together sometimes is as fun as the trip. Going on a trip. Don't don't say tasks to do. I'll say that things to spend time with. Yeah, messaging is important. Do a vision board for your future together. That's like little kid stuff though, isn't it. I don't think so. Now, just see if you'll be an intention with our relationship. Start a shared journal or memory book. Go on a double date with another couple you admire. We did it with Shannon.
Speaker 3: Because that was a wedding gift, not a couple. So you can't take that off. I'm not ing about the hook.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. How about a ten an event or a concert together? That's easy. Chris Brown and Usher have a game night together, just the two of you. We can't do it, okay.
Speaker 3: So we do that and that's fun. Really love doing that.
Speaker 1: You know. They say Monopoly is the biggest game that people are playing nowadays.
Speaker 3: So we do scrabble. I've kicked every single time. It's so good, but it is really fun.
Speaker 1: We fight whenever we do games. We used to play Monopoly with another couple, like we would play it and she would get so mad because in the end I always wanted the other there was something psychological to it. I wanted the other woman to win. I don't know what the real Yeah, Chelsea, Chelsea. I can say that Chelsea would get mad. Number twenty No, she knows that number twenty seven. Cook each other's favorite childhood meal? What would Georsby? We talked in the thing about it, and I think it. What did I say for my childhood meal?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know what I said, Filet Mignon math I'm just kidding. I like that Roccalini with the side. I like that number twenty eight. Do a gratitude ritual weekly or month monthly. Just be grateful for what you are doing and what you guys are all about. Number twenty nine. There's only two more left. Number twenty nine. Take a class or workshop focused on growth or mindset. It's kind of like what we were saying about going to like a retreat. But we work on so much of our work life we don't work on in our home life, like we don't do this at all. And number thirty in the year with a reflect a date and celebrate how far you come? You don't do? You have your anniversary and you celebrate. Okay, this is the anniversary I think honestly, I think you should think about that with relationships about hey, you know what, I made it through another year and we're still here. That's right.
Speaker 3: Those are They're.
Speaker 1: Just some ideas. You can go listen to the podcast and Chelsea's perspective on it is way better than my perspective. So you can hear her on the We Don't podcast.
Speaker 2: If we can be honest, Yes, out of the thirty, maybe give me a couple you are really excited for and maybe something actually dreading.
Speaker 1: No, honestly, the phone free date is one and this big The go on a route road trip to somewhere you don't really have planned, and the go out of town to someplace you've never been, exploring, somewhere we've never been, would be amazing, it'd be cool. Those are the ones that are most excited about. Okay, the cooking ones, eh, you know, kind of But I was Terry. Would you want to say, Hi, Hi, Terry? Did I lose Terry? Terry? Terry? You muted? What do you got going on there? Terry? I know I'll come back. Hold on, Jody, what's up? Jody?
Speaker 3: Hi, it's Judy.
Speaker 1: I apologize. Yeah, it is Judy. What's up?
Speaker 3: Only I never got a long time listener.
Speaker 2: First time calling?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 4: This this list sounds like it's going to lead to disappointment.
Speaker 6: You're doing all these in a year?
Speaker 2: In one year?
Speaker 1: No, it's see how many you can try to accomplish in a year.
Speaker 7: You're not shooting for all.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to shoot. I mean, listen, even if you did five of them and you enjoyed, you know, three out of five, that would be kind of cool, Judy, be honest, are you saying it would lead to disappointment because Chelsea has to do them with me. You know what, sometimes she ain't a peach, you know what I mean? Like sometimes come on.
Speaker 8: With you?
Speaker 1: I think, why do people say that so much? I do great things?
Speaker 4: You make yourself?
Speaker 1: Well, you're right with that, that's true. I self deprecate a lot. What's up, Erica? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to suggest that you guys go to the it's called a candlelight concert.
Speaker 1: So good? Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I just the Taylor Swift. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Where is that at? We're semple.
Speaker 3: They do them all different traces, Yeah, gorge.
Speaker 1: And so, so you go there as a couple. Is it romantic? It's kind of a cool thing.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is beautiful.
Speaker 3: You guys have to go.
Speaker 1: Chelse and I went to dinner and we just sat together by ourselves with no other people there, and it was an outdoor patio that we were sitting on, and I will say this to you, it was probably one of my favorite things that we've done in like the last week or so. And it was just us having conversations about anything that came up, like we had no you know, normally right now, we talk about the boys, Joe's wedding, Luke and school like stuff like that. We never talk about us. We talked about us for a little bit. It was honestly really cool because we never really talk about us, Like the US is always them the boys. What's up Courtney?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 3: So my husband and I play gravel all the time like Shannon and West, except whoever wins gets to pick something fun draft the you know if you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh like anything they want?
Speaker 6: Huh Well, I mean within reason.
Speaker 5: You know you have to.
Speaker 4: Do? You have?
Speaker 3: Are you like to stay sleep? Last night? Mine was sleep?
Speaker 5: Why aren't you getting a call back? We'll find out next with Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 1: Second date of Days.
Speaker 8: Babies.
Speaker 3: I am telling you I'm always shouting out bright Sidental. They are your one stop shop for lack of a better phrase, when it comes to everything that your family needs. Cleanings, checkups, whitening, even dental implants. Get your confidence back, get your family back on track. Brightsidental dot Com.
Speaker 5: Now that we're taking gas qualifies as a major crusius and I sure we are.
Speaker 1: We're about to make this summer.
Speaker 5: Mojo's Summer of cars Cashing gases back to Mike at our friends at Gordon Chevrolet on Ford Road, just Western Merriman in Garden City. You and gas cars just to get in if someone's winning a brand news sety tracks.
Speaker 1: Don't need the car.
Speaker 5: Think the twenty thousand dollars cash show Summer cars, cash and gas.
Speaker 1: Somebody wins guarantee you you might as well be.
Speaker 5: You list seven eighty three to get in did half half the hour the rest of the day, fueled by Kroger Delivery Hies City.
Speaker 1: That's what busting the ho me breaking news from your local forecast.
Speaker 8: There's an area of high pressure of good vibes moving in over Northwestern Highway with a one hundred percent chance of a joy ride, zero percent chance of a dirty car.
Speaker 1: ELK car Wash is open now.
Speaker 8: In Southfield, twelve Mile and Northwestern.
Speaker 1: Come in anytime or join.
Speaker 8: The official block party celebration June thirteenth. It'll be fun for the whole family, so come on out. Find out more at elkcarsh dot com. That's elkcar wash dot com. We're on a mission to brighten your day.
Speaker 6: Ready for a flavor adventure. Raise ice Cream has over fifty amazing choices from classics you'll crape does the prizes you'll love. Step back in time for old fashioned fun and sprinkle kindness with every scoop. Find your new favorite at reson Coolidge Highway and Royal Oaks, serving smiles since nineteen fifty eight.
Speaker 8: This sour brought to you by top Dog Law called them.
Speaker 2: For any accident, big or small, go to topdog.
Speaker 1: Law dot com. That's top dog law dot com top dog Law. I love it. Hey, what if you had the most reliable Wi Fi that is fiber powered and the price didn't change for five years. Thanks to Exfinity's Summer Savings event, you don't have to worry about that part of your future. Now through June the fifteenth, get gig Wi Fi for just fifty dollars a month for five years, with equipment and unlimited data included, no strings, no commitments, and get online in minutes with same day, same great Wi Fi and it's guaranteed for five years and comes with their super intelligent Wi Fi with protection that keeps you free of threats. Plus, you get even more great stuff when you add Exfinity Mobile for a year for free. Lock in your price right now during Exfinity Summer savings event get right now online to Exfinity dot com so that you can get more details Exfinity Imagine that restrictions apply, requires paperless building an autopay with store bank account, taxes and fees extra after twelve months. Regular rate applies to mobiles Select Exfinity Internet Required speeds vary used of fiber and coaxle cable port Uron.
Speaker 4: Why shop somewhere else when Burlington has the trends and the deals. Luckily for you, there's a new Burlington store that just opened on twenty fourth Avenue. You won't believe the brand names we have in store. Let Burlington surprise you with the newest styles, amazing prices and so much you didn't know we had for your closet and home. Port Uron Burlington's ready to be your favorite place to shop and save. Head there now on twenty fourth Avenue. Burlington Deals Brands Wow.
Speaker 9: Wow introducing Easy Drinking Beer, a premium Golden Ale from Founder's Brewing Company. If this sounds like a beer that's easy drinking, well that's because it is live, easy, enjoy responsibly Founder's Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Speaker 1: There's up dull version. Oh Sam Bang Hello, I'm ozempic and I'm other GLP ones kind of like him. Hey did I hear there's a pill version of oseempic. Yep, you sure did.
Speaker 7: Ask your doctor about which FDA approved uses of the ozempic pen or pill may be right for you. Call one eight three to three ozempic or visit ozempic dot com to view the medication guide and learn more about ozempic some magnetide tablets nine milligrams and ozempic some magnetide injection two milligrams.
Speaker 1: There's up dull version, Oh sam Bang progressive Nos.
Speaker 10: It ain't easy navigating the open planes or home insurance, but there is one man who can help tame that wild herd of options. The home quote Explorer no progressives. Home quote Explorers not a real person, but an online tool. The let's to compare home insurance. He's the to have a filler who helps you decide on the right insurance even if it ain't with him.
Speaker 1: Again, not a person, just on online tool. It helps you find great home coverage there. Okay, fine, just do the thing. The president Tashi Tetron Companyfiliates and pod Parting Jers in person Maate's on film and all skates situations.
Speaker 8: What do you get when you combine bingo style bonuses and slots? Cashingo, the hottest new feature in slots, is only on DraftKings Casino. New casino players play five dollars and get one thousand flex spents. Claim fifty spens a day for twenty days on your choice of over one hundred slots, including the exclusive Cashingo collection. Download the DraftKings Casino app and sign up with Code channel ninety five to five to claim your flex spence. Then play cash Eruption or Huff and Puff to experience Cashingo, the feature you can't play anywhere else. The crown is yours in partnership with Draftkingks Casino. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and one's help, call one eight hundred gambler twenty one plus physically president Michigan eligibility restrictions apply.
Speaker 1: None would travel.
Speaker 8: Spence issued is fifty spence per day for twenty days, ballid for select games only and expire each day after twenty four hours. See terms at casino