Speaker 1: Join KF Vans Meat Sauce at Fleet Farm in Carver this Saturday for their Fleet Best celebration. Join us from ten am to noon for the incredible deals, free food and prizes.
Speaker 2: Get the full details down at cafe dot com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Man, You're going to Fleet Farm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Carver? Do you want to meet me there?
Speaker 3: I love Fleet Farm?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What do you buy there?
Speaker 3: You can buy it. You can buy horse food. You can buy a shotgun, you can buy a fishing pole, you can buy cowboy boots, you can buy tires for your car. You can buy a safe. You can buy I'm serious, No, you can buy you can buy a farmer's almondeck. You can buy a Christmas tree, buy toys.
Speaker 4: You had him at horse Food.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about Fleet Farm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was just sad because I think Rosie leave Saturn and he can't meet you at Fleet Farm because he's always just there.
Speaker 4: Why is he not going to be at Fleet Farm because.
Speaker 3: You got to go to Italy? I know, you know what he loves to do on a Saturday morning, have breakfast to Perkins that go to Fleet Farm.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that bad, I did not.
Speaker 5: You know what we should have done when we did the Master's draft, Three or four of us should have just driven down to Perkins and stream yarded in sitting at a booth with a Perkins MANU.
Speaker 3: I think that's where Muss was. I think that might be.
Speaker 4: Where is that right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe? Yeah? Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: I love him, Say I love Muss. He's one of the nicest people I've ever worked with.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you work with some real bastards.
Speaker 4: That sets the bar really low, but he exceeds a very low bar.
Speaker 2: You guys are bastards to me, Well, you sound great. You are thank you. Do you think he is? Yeah, that's very nice to do.
Speaker 3: I think all of you are really Yeah, I look oldest balls.
Speaker 2: I don't think you do. I think you look very handsome for your age.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh my god, you.
Speaker 4: Look handsome for your age.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: That now that I say, how do you spend that in a nice way?
Speaker 4: So he looks terrible, but for his age, he's pretty good.
Speaker 6: But like when I'm fifty five, I'll look like I'll be full quasi moto.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's not what But we're not talking about you. You said, he looks good. Dots.
Speaker 3: You said you love me like you were the only person in the world that love me.
Speaker 2: It's and you've let a lot of people down this week. Yeah, I think you're all great.
Speaker 3: I think we're starting to see his real feelings for me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm man, mmmy, you need me.
Speaker 1: That's worse than that looks good on you? Yeah, yeah, it looks good on you though. Well all right, well that's all right. I've had my good old days already.
Speaker 2: I think you for your age, you have it.
Speaker 3: Let me take some ketamine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just going to detach from reality. Man, Let's do it, right, isn't that? Yeah? I think if you do too much kenemine, you go in a k hole. You're too much coffee curates or whatever.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna drink this thing Emily brought me. It's really hot, but I probably will help me. Can you open it up?
Speaker 4: Can we do it live on the air? Am?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah? With a cinnamon So here we go. Let's see if there were cinnamons. It's like Christmas. There's gonna be apple, or it's pure acid.
Speaker 3: That'd be great. I wish it was bad, aid, I.
Speaker 2: Wish it was pure ass. Oh my god, Well, I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what. I better not say that, just say it. No, you got it from Emily.
Speaker 2: I hope you burn the roof of your mouth like a juicy lucy. That's pretty good.
Speaker 6: What is it that with a little bit of cinnamon, a little bit of lemon or lime in it?
Speaker 2: Probably lemon? Yeah, probably lemon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not a sprite yeah, or a beer like a don Yeah, a corona cinnamon that would be great.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's good. I think it's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Trust.
Speaker 2: I can already hear it. I trust man, you sound so much better.
Speaker 3: I trust kind of all the way to drink.
Speaker 2: I drink, please drinking, Take a deep breath, please.
Speaker 5: I guess Rosie's voice is going out and he's concerned about it before he goes to Italy. So if if Emily could drive to wherever he is and just drop stuff off, that would be great.
Speaker 7: Well where do you think he is at this at seven eleven in the morning, Perkins probably have no idea himself. That's how it works. If we just need something, we have an Emily that just brings it to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I mean she listens to this show, so I know.
Speaker 3: She runs this joint, man, I know she does.
Speaker 8: She like does everything, and he's like she's like the Cordell Stewart. She's like the slash all the jobs Emily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like uh, I like scously through her. She does cool things travel, I know cool taxt Yes she does.
Speaker 2: Yeh. I gotta think of things that I should I should have her bring in.
Speaker 3: Apparently I need a new face because I'm mind's old.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's fine for your age.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, man, I don't mean to rip you.
Speaker 5: You don't rip him. You love him more than anyone else on the planet loves him. I mean if you said that yesterday.
Speaker 2: I do love him a lot.
Speaker 4: For his age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's an old bastard.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: He's a horny old bastard.
Speaker 3: How dare you? I'm not?
Speaker 2: Yes, you are?
Speaker 8: You get the right amount of hornyness. I think it's like appropriate for your age. Thank you, Jeff, thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, I said that. I don't mean to be mean.
Speaker 3: It's okay. You're not feeling great? RFK you ready for the news?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is camfe In News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints and.
Speaker 3: Here is our top story regarding the Saint Paul Saints. It is a thirsty Thursday at chs Field, the best patio in town. A five dollars cover, two dollars, drafts, two for one cans. Oh yeah, good vibes, and the first draft beer is on us Thursday, April sixth today, sixteen eighteenth today, Hell yeah, let's hs Field Saints Baseball dot com again. The first draft beer is on them today, cchs Field Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 5: Would they getting legal trouble if they had an unbelievable promotion right giving away tons of money and prizes and beers and stuff, and then they just said it was April sixth of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you get everybody excited it was last week.
Speaker 5: And then the whole promotion is no, we did it a week and a half ago. You must have missed it, but they never did it.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 4: Get legally in trouble for that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: John Bonus' calls Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday, Thursday Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, yes, yep, he says.
Speaker 3: NBD, let's have a beer.
Speaker 2: GISs me.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't make it weird. I'm sorry. I don't get it because of my age. No, you don't understand. I don't get the humor.
Speaker 5: No, if you could, if you could do the news like a forty two year old, that would be better.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know. I don't know how to.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean you were old. I'm sorry. No, not for his age, not from age.
Speaker 6: No, there's not a lot of fifty five year old men that look as good as hogs daddy.
Speaker 3: Did you ever see me with my shirt off?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Cool?
Speaker 3: Tats, thank you?
Speaker 2: Ed.
Speaker 4: Do you ever kill a bear?
Speaker 2: Say it? And tots? He doesn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's nice, tots say it. I've never killed a bear. No, I don't think I.
Speaker 3: Could you ever dance with a devil in the pale moonlight?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You ever met the screw Bandit?
Speaker 2: Your sister? Oh?
Speaker 3: A man nicknamed the screw Bandit is pleading guilty to charges in Kershaw County, South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Let's before Chris tells us, should we guess why he's called.
Speaker 2: The screw Bandit? Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: No, banditting something right? He's good for your age, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: He's stealing something, right, it's it's got to be as simple as he's stealing screws from somewhere, or is it just from everywhere?
Speaker 2: Or does he leave screws like the wet band?
Speaker 4: Oh there you go. See.
Speaker 5: Either way, there's some kind of a robbery and he's either taking screws or leaving screws.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is a sexual.
Speaker 8: Screw No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: So Do we think he's going to hardware stores and just stealing screws or is this one of those things where he goes to hotels and unscrews every screw from like a light socket and he takes all the screws.
Speaker 3: That's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Do you think he's just going to Low's What do you think he's doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's stealing actual.
Speaker 4: Screw from hardware stores.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think so too, because I think if he went to a place where he had to check in, it'd be a little harder to pull off because you gotta put.
Speaker 5: A Maybe you don't have to check in, though, maybe you're just dealing them from the lobby or the Yeah, who knows, maybe just that's his thing. He's turned on by going into public and unscrewing things and taking the screws. He likes being called the screws screw banded. Right, Yeah, let's seal close we were.
Speaker 3: I got to make note of something before I forget because you guys said my purse. I got to make note of something because I've been thinking about this for a long time and I don't want to forget it. But I will tell you the end of the story first. Mm hmm. Thirty eight year old Michael Branham in South Carolina taking into custody and connection with multiple instances of hundreds of screws and nails being placed in roadways.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right.
Speaker 2: You got to talk about this dude, we have.
Speaker 4: That was his thing.
Speaker 5: He just wanted to make everybody's life worse by having tires.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: And by the way it's working, tell me how much you would want to kill this post.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I already want to already hate him.
Speaker 3: I pled guilty to charges of stocking, malicious injury to personal property, aggravated breach of peace. H He has been since the five years of probation in order to pay fifteen thousand dollars more than forty victims of flat tires.
Speaker 4: So then, how is it only fifteen thousand dollars in probation.
Speaker 8: I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: How about throw the guy in jail for a significant amount of time.
Speaker 4: He could have killed somebody, like.
Speaker 5: Literally, yeah, and he'd be pop a tire and or crash your car.
Speaker 2: You know, this guy should be.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 8: He needs he needs a deck screw right through his d hole.
Speaker 2: He needs a guy. He does not look good for his age.
Speaker 5: Doesn't this guy honestly give him like four or five years in prison?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm serious. Lets someone take it to him.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, lord, screw banded take.
Speaker 3: It to What do you mean by taking to him?
Speaker 9: There, dude, they can screw Okay, thanks, Wow, that was pretty on the nose.
Speaker 4: They sure ken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, that seems very light with the just the amount of tiers that he ruined is way more than fifteen thousand dollars of injury or act. Maybe people actually got hurt.
Speaker 3: I don't know, And we're all pissed because we're putting ourselves in that situation. Imagine that's your child, yeah, driving to school, beat him correct with the flat tires or the tire iron. That's a good weapon. Him, that's a Hell's Angels weapon.
Speaker 8: I like that this guy.
Speaker 3: Ye beat that guy with.
Speaker 4: A tire iron.
Speaker 5: Now, I just wish he was stealing screws from lows. Yeah, no kidding, that's harmless, or or face plates from hotel rooms we went really saw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I would like I would like to now pivot to what I was about to write down.
Speaker 2: I have a question.
Speaker 3: I've thought about this a million times because then you and I stayed in a lot of hotels together.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, well, I mean, let's clarify we don't stay in the same room. Although I've been begging you for years and years, I'll share a room with me, and I.
Speaker 3: Know as soon as I give it up, you'll never talk to me again. I know how you roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like taxes. Once it starts, there's no taking its exactly right.
Speaker 3: And plus I will disappoint you so greatly. I'm an old man with a smelly old for your age.
Speaker 2: Your age though, good, Yeah, it's good for your Thank.
Speaker 8: You, Zach.
Speaker 3: You said that to me last time too, and I appreciate you saying that. I'm y it's smell y because I'm old, it gets damp, it does ben Yeah. A lot of times when we stay in these hotels, I think to myself, this is the single greatest towel, and or I love this pillow so much, and or this is the greatest comforter. I've never slept so great in my life. Okay, comfort probably not. But you think I can get away with stealing a pillow from a hotel upstaious? Do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I bet you. It happens way more than you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if the people who clean the rooms care enough to go down to the office and say, dude in room forty two, Oho two stole a pillow.
Speaker 2: Damn it. I don't think they do well they charge. I bet you they will. I bet you they think they would damn it.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I think if you're at some sort of budget motel, probably not. No, and you but the places that we stay now, they're not like NBA nice, right, the places that we stayed, Yeah, I think they're gonna know they're gonna notice a pillow being.
Speaker 4: I think you'd have a way better chance with a towel.
Speaker 5: And hear me out, here's why, right, Like, there's there's a very easy way to count pillows. There's one, two, three, four, there's four. There's only two here. This guy stole to right ninety nine times out of one hundred. If you just kind of have all your towels in the corner of the bathroom and they're on the floor, which means they need to be washed or cleaned, Yeah, they're not going through those and doing inventory every time.
Speaker 3: I think that's my question.
Speaker 4: They're not counting seven towels.
Speaker 5: They're they're grabbing the pile of towels and throwing them in the basket.
Speaker 4: I think you could get away with a towel way.
Speaker 5: Easier than you could get away with the pilot towel or something.
Speaker 8: A pillow trick though, If you travel with a pillow and then just swap it out right, then there's no way they would know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's a great that's a great idea.
Speaker 8: So if you go with the intention of bringing a pillow on one of these flights, and you're like, you know that the hotel that we're staying at because you stayed at it before has really good pillows, and you just bring your pillow from home, genius.
Speaker 4: Is how you're a part of my hest team.
Speaker 5: You go to Target, you buy one of those three ninety nine pillows, you bring it to a world class hotel. Stuff it take the good one out. Yeah, by the time they realize what you've done.
Speaker 2: They would never realize.
Speaker 4: In Amsterdam, would never.
Speaker 8: Realize because because most of these hotels, which I lean the other way, I think the hotels, the hotels have pillows that I don't want.
Speaker 2: Most of the time. It's the they're too flat. I don't want.
Speaker 8: I don't want these like feathery, like flat, soft pillows that like you lay down and it goes to nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 8: And it feels like more often that that's what they have some of the towels. I'm with you, Core, I could take a tower or two.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, Hey, I don't make it tell like I'm stealing tower. No, I'm not stealing town.
Speaker 2: That's all you.
Speaker 4: I'm not wasting for the idea.
Speaker 5: I'm not wasting a possible robbery or theft arrest on a towel. I'm going to either do a heist or nothing. It's all or nothing. I'm not going to get nickeled and dimed.
Speaker 3: Can I take this a step further?
Speaker 5: Mm?
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, daddy, I'm going to go.
Speaker 3: Ahead say this now because I love my job with the Vikings. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Now. Why are you winky?
Speaker 3: How many? Because I got to believe these hotels especially that's some bitch in Wisconsin. Yeah, yeah, they really really love having the Vikings as customers.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: How many comforters could I steal this season before somebody finally reported me? Because they probably don't want to complain about the Minnesota Vikings as a client. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You're not walking away with a comforter?
Speaker 3: Are you bring an extra bag? Wow, I'll bring an extra bag. But no, I mean, like, do you think after like the thirds, the third Hotel, like the third road game, that I get pulled in the office and saying are you stealing the blankets from all these hotels? And I would I'd say, are you crazy? Why would I do that?
Speaker 2: Would do that?
Speaker 3: Who would do that?
Speaker 4: Who would steal thirty bag lunches?
Speaker 2: Brilliant?
Speaker 4: Damn sasquatch. It's a fun social experience.
Speaker 3: And then and then I could do and then I say, guys, listen, this is an experiment I'm doing for show. I'm gonna give them all back. You might not want this one, this one right, yeah, and hold it by Let's.
Speaker 5: Start with like the Ross Geller theory of like all of those things that are built into the bill. Right, So you take the shampoos, you take the soaps, you take the mouth wash.
Speaker 4: If they have whatever they leave for toilet, you take it all.
Speaker 3: Do you want me hairnuts I have. I'm not a woman, I don't know, but they're free. You not take them, my god. So when you do your top dance, you're good to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So just add other things to the list, like lamps and blankets and pillows and TV remotes, tables.
Speaker 3: I could refurbish my entire towel collection.
Speaker 2: Love it. Yeah, you really could. And it wouldn't be the first thing you've charged to Siggie Wolf.
Speaker 3: Would you quit saying that I did that? First of all owned the team then, and second of all, I did not watch pornography.
Speaker 5: Yes, he told us, that's that's how you saw meet Black Joe.
Speaker 3: I said, Joe Black's meat.
Speaker 4: Whatever was there was different words. They do work in any order, brilliant.
Speaker 3: There's one order that would be bothersome though.
Speaker 2: It's uh. It starts with Joe's.
Speaker 1: An updated Mark Twain character. Jesus, you're getting emails that.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, that's that's that's historical fix.
Speaker 4: That's big historical fiction.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: Has anybody actually seen Meet Joe Black the actual movie? Because I never saw Brad pat right, yeah, and it's like three hours. He's like an am So I feel like, wasn't that a double VHS?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a double VHS.
Speaker 5: I felt like back in the day, like the video store, it was like hours. Yeah, I felt like it was a double VHS back in the day at the old rental spots.
Speaker 3: I'm sure I saw it, but I don't remember it. That's like, wasn't Benjamin Button really long too?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think that was like three hours as well. Took him forever to age backwards? Man, It's like, come on, I didn't think in a baby I.
Speaker 8: Wonder when he looked good for his age, Benjamin Button?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good question, pot because.
Speaker 5: He probably in the middle, right, Yeah, I give If you're Brad Pitt at thirty eight, in either direction.
Speaker 2: You're probably in really good yeah, really good shape. But what about in his fifties? You think Sauce would think he looks good for his age. For his age, Pitt still looks really good.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sorry, but as Benjamin Button though, Yeah, sure, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was a rough start for a little uh little Benji right looking like an old man.
Speaker 2: He looked like the guy from up when he was like two years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hideous saucer. Do sports after this.
Speaker 5: We'll do Vikings news later with ben Ley, or we can start talking draft. We got some other rumor questions for Ben. This is the power Trip morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 3: I want to sit again, get down to cchs Field. A perfect night for some baseball chess Patty on the business tonight.
Speaker 1: Do not miss the Vikings Draft Party at US Bagas Stadium on April twenty third.
Speaker 2: Catch all the first show on.
Speaker 1: Action with US all night long, plus meet and granksy current players and legends and you're shot at tons of prices Vikings dot Com slash Draft Party for tickets.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Zach.
Speaker 3: Zach's going to Dallas for what?
Speaker 2: For what? Sorry?
Speaker 3: You went to Vegas last year for what?
Speaker 2: I let you guys down a lot all week. Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Hey, Ben, Yeah, you probably already know this because we're going into sports as a sports story on the state And what year do you believe the Cleveland then known as Indians open their season with numbers on the back of their jerseys. It was the first Major League baseball team to ever have numbers on their jerseys. Where year do you think that happened on this dude?
Speaker 2: Good question?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Ninety team. Wow.
Speaker 8: I feel like all the old all the old timey baseball that I can remember, had right numbers on the back.
Speaker 2: I don't know, nineteen oh five.
Speaker 5: That's a good guess at the time. Like if you said it's the specifically the Indians and not the Spiders, when did the Spiders cease to exist in the Indians start? Great question that is, I think you're I think that's a good guess. Right around the turn of the century is probably a good guess. Would you say nineteen oh five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go, nineteen oh nine, I'll go nineteen oh one, nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: He's closer?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 3: Nineteen twenty?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Late? I know? And nowhere And they had tried experimented at one point one of the teams might have been who oh the sing those Cardinals put numbers on their sleeves once a few years earlier, didn't like it, hated it. And then the Yankees were supposed to do it in nineteen twenty nine as well and be the first team to ever do it, but their their season opener got rained out, so technically the Cleveland then Indians were the first team to ever do it in nineteen twenty nine.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, you know, yesterday ib to see Jackie Robinson Day and everybody's wearing the number forty two. So the Twins game is on mute, and some dude launches a home run in the ninth inning and he's got the number forty two without the name on the back, and they zoom in on his face, and I'm like, I have no idea who just hit this home run?
Speaker 3: That's something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, yeah, because the number doesn't help because I don't, you know, I wouldn't know his number anyway, probably, but that's definitely Jackie Robinson's number.
Speaker 2: That is not a face, I know. I guess I'll just still look it up later.
Speaker 5: And it's somebody named Ryan created apparently, but I didn't know what he looked like. Who the hell's that exactly? Launched a three run home run good for him, Good for you, man one to do sports.
Speaker 3: I try.
Speaker 4: It's time for a fan five on the power trip.
Speaker 2: Zacho.
Speaker 6: You're going to Dallas because the Wild will battle the Stars and the playoffs. We don't have a playoff schedule yet, but the last regular season games are tonight.
Speaker 2: Do you expect we'll have a schedule tonight. Yes.
Speaker 1: I think it's on ESPN, so I'm pretty sure they'll probably do some announcement during the games tonight.
Speaker 2: At some point, I would.
Speaker 1: Lean towards Saturday being the start, but obviously nothing official, but yeah, they partably, they still are playing regular season games tonight, and the playoffs start on Saturday, so.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday, and we don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: That's weird.
Speaker 3: That just seems odd.
Speaker 2: It does feel weird.
Speaker 1: I think the Olympics and the abbrevious schedule are part of that.
Speaker 2: Normally, I feel like we have a few more days.
Speaker 1: But regardless, should be a great series, should be really fun for everybody who is in a while or a Stars fan, because it should be great hockey. But it's going to be heart rate inducing, just ridiculous drama and excitement and heartbreak.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. It's gonna be fun. Hell yeah. The Red Holder Twins finally you're welcome.
Speaker 6: The Red Hot Twins finally lost yesterday to the Red Sox nine to five.
Speaker 2: Your twins are eleven and eight. They're off today, but they battle Hogs Daddy's Reds tomorrow at seven to ten. Joe Ryan goes for your twins.
Speaker 4: Talk's favorite score.
Speaker 6: Eleven eight, nine to five. Yeah, because a Dolly part Man. What do you like about Dolly Parton?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 2: Her twins man the red.
Speaker 3: That's weird. Here's Shelton on the loss and moving on from it.
Speaker 10: Plus move into you know, move into the off day. You know, I think after a game like today, the off day it's probably coming in a good time. We did not play our best game. I was proud of our fight even at the end there, coming back with the home runs in the bats. But we just we didn't play clean game today.
Speaker 9: Oh that's right, Uh huh.
Speaker 6: You don't have to listen to this because we were talking about it before the show. But the NBA play in games continued last night, as the Sixers beat the Magic one oh nine ninety seven and the Warriors beat the Clippers won six one. The Warriors will battle the Suns for the right to play the thunder and the Magic will battle the Hornets for the right to play the Pistons in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You got to fight for you, right.
Speaker 2: A lot of battles, yeah, a lot of battles.
Speaker 6: The Wolves will battle Denver on Saturday at two thirty playoffs. Denver is a six and a half point favorite. They'll then play Monday, and then they will probably they will play a week. They'll play next Thursday, and then they'll play on Saturday.
Speaker 5: How many other synonyms for battle can you come up with for sports? Uh? You know, reasons like the Timberwolves and the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yea going to be besides battle, We'll go to war with Denver.
Speaker 6: Timberwolves will skirmish with Denver. I don't think I can come up with anymore fight.
Speaker 5: Face, play, take on, yeah, battle battle.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The NFL draft is one week from today. That's gonna standing.
Speaker 3: It's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, let's do this. Ben has some hot takes for next segment.
Speaker 4: I do fantastic, it does.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: You can't you actually technically you can't.
Speaker 3: I can I don't want to have to.
Speaker 8: No, you don't want to have to, but I think, you know, for time purposes and the fact that you know I'm only going to.
Speaker 2: Get to it when I get to it, you you can wait. You ever eat squid?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why why?
Speaker 3: I just saw an advertib squid spaghetti and it made me want to toss my your.
Speaker 2: Squid your salads. Oh wow, this sounds gross? Can you imagine?
Speaker 8: I feel again, I've been on the show a long time. I feel like I've said this story before, but I'll just remind you that when I grew up because my because I had a Korean mom and she still made a lot of Korean authentic cooking. There'd be oftentimes where I would walk to the sink and on one side of the sink, you know you've got like the cleaning side, you got one with the dispose and all that stuff. On one side of the sink would be a thawing out octopus, like a little small octopus that's frozen and falling out.
Speaker 3: Did you run screaming out of the kitchen?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 8: I mean the first time, it's kind of like what the And then and then you realize that this is just this is what she does and.
Speaker 3: Does it taste like fish.
Speaker 2: It's it's actually very tasty. It's good.
Speaker 8: It's very mild, it's very firm, like fleshy. I mean, there's all there's quite the tentacles have quite a bit of I mean, it's all just meat basically, right. So anyway, oftentimes, yeah, we would have she'd prepare octopus or something like that and we just eat it with some spicy sauce and race.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm no Corey Cove, but I'd have a real hard time eating squid.
Speaker 8: I don't think you would know it's because especially, I mean, that's all calamari is you just like bread it.
Speaker 2: You bread it, you dip it in some sauce, and then you eat it. It's good.
Speaker 8: You'd never really know. I guess i'd do it if you've put a lot.
Speaker 9: Of worse things in your mouth. She's not wrong for my age, for your age. Yeah, I regret saying that I tried out to be mean to you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for that just hard.
Speaker 2: I know that's private.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Anything else that's not Vikings related?
Speaker 3: Can can we do Vikings when? Come back right away? Because I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Vikings News with Ben Leeber after this, I'm the.
Speaker 2: Now she's an actress. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are taking on the Nuggets in Round one of the NBA Playoffs, and you if you're not in the building, you're missing out. Get your tickets to Game three on Thursday, April twenty third and beyond at timberwls dot com slash Playoffs.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Zecho.
Speaker 4: Hey Ben.
Speaker 3: We were talking about some Mafira regarding us people getting hired and you're like, how did that person get hired? Yeah, and we hear that all the time, Like Tim Brewster was a good example in football of somebody who is just great in the interview room. You know what I mean? Have you ever heard of the same when it comes to a player hard to do that?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 8: Well, it's way harder because you've got all this film to back up your performance.
Speaker 2: I think that there are.
Speaker 8: Guys that that do get coached up during the pre draft process and then when the rubber meets the road, they hit a little adversity. It's just not they're not who they thought they were personality wise. I think there's a lot of guys that know how to I mean, it's it's really honestly, no different than anything else in life where you meet somebody, they put on a good face for a while and then eventually their real personality comes out or the real demons come out, and you're like, whoa, this is not the person we thought it was. And especially in a tense, stressful environment like professional sports, when people really get tested, you really get to see like who they are.
Speaker 2: So I think it actually happens more often than you think.
Speaker 4: It's time for vis presented by Draco.
Speaker 5: All right, Benjamin, I have a Vikings angle that connects both the draft, some rumors, some NFL rumors, and Initials because Chad Abbitt said I hadn't mentioned it all week.
Speaker 3: Just getting pissed you for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tomorrow making his power Trip and Initials debut, Levi Drake Rodriguez of the Minnesota President.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've heard he's a great dude. Everybody said he's a fun dude.
Speaker 5: So Levi Drake Rodriguez will be on the show right now, essentially twenty four hours from now seven thirty to nine tomorrow and he'll play Initials.
Speaker 2: That'll be super cool.
Speaker 5: Haven't met him, I've heard great things about him.
Speaker 2: Right, I should come in.
Speaker 5: I should come in Pertiy's great, great dude, But here's my question. Yeah, Levi, Drake, Rodriguez and beyond. Obviously this year we let go and have moved on from Javon Hargrave and Jonathan Allen. So if you look at the roster of a interior defensive lineman for the Minnesota Vikings, Jalen Redman, who everybody loves just signed that exclusive right contract, you have Levi, Drake, Rodriguez, Tierry and Ingram Dawkins. You got a handful of guys, but not a ton, right, not a ton. Well, one of the names that's floating out there is Dexter Lawrence of the New York Giants, yea twenty eight years old, And I'm not saying there's any credible connections to the Vikings, but when NFL experts are listing the teams where he would fit or where they think he might end up, I've seen multiple news stories where they're like, oh, it's like this team, this team, and this team, and then the Vikings are always in that second group of this is a sleeper team because they need help, but they're not sure that Rob Brazinski and company are willing to swing and trade a lot of draft assets to get him. So that was a long way to get to Levi Drake Rodriguez playing initials tomorrow. But what do you feel we sit currently with Dexter Lawrence and what do you think they're going to do with the draft when it comes to interior defensive line.
Speaker 8: You know, see, I feel like when it comes to just moves like this for veterans, you know, because there's still going to be a free agency period after the draft, of the things of the players that you guys didn't get, you just kind of like fill in whoever's out there. I feel the same way as our attitude going into free agency, the first part on the tier ones, with the draft coming up and then even the post draft. I don't think that we're in a situation to be spending equity currently or in the future.
Speaker 2: I think that they all of.
Speaker 8: The messaging has just been about acquiring as much talent as we can, creating as much competition as we can. Literally across the board, there's really not much when you think about every position group. There's not a position group that I think is untouchable when it comes to the draft of free agency, including offensive tackle. You know, I don't think it's a high priority. Obviously there's a priority list, But if you're looking at positions that are untouchable and like, oh no, no, no, we're set there. No, I don't think that there's a position that you could you would bypass in the draft. For free agency, if you're looking to add the best available player, I think that you you should at least consider it. All that being said, I don't think that we make moves to be splashy and go out and get a Dexter Lawrence, even though I think that he's a need and he'd be an absolute, I mean, a wonderful player to have here in this scheme. So I think we hold all assets. We don't make any big moves on draft day. We're not a team that I would think there's going to trade up for anybody, more likely to trade back, if anything else, to acquire more of those talents and those more and more depth picks as well and bring in that competition. So I think the likelihood of Dexter Lawrence is pretty low.
Speaker 2: Thank you for your honesty. You're very welcome.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Chad Abag just texting me a very sad he played to talk about initials by asking Ben what he thinks of the defensive lineman in the draft.
Speaker 2: That was very good. He likes the way you do.
Speaker 11: Not my first rodeo, Chad, not my first rodeo. If you had you know what should do. And I know you got a draft thing, you probably want to get to it, and I want to get to that with you. But what is one really good question we should ask El Presidente?
Speaker 2: I mean, if he likes his nickname l Presidente.
Speaker 3: He already said yes.
Speaker 8: I feel like, yeah, we've asked him before, but I just really want to make sure that it sticks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might have been like a good day. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 8: What is the one good question to ask El Presidente?
Speaker 3: I wonder why this is not a good question, probably, but I wonder why he goes by Levi, Drake, Rodriguez. I wonder why he goes by three names.
Speaker 4: Sure that's a good well sure potential serial killer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, very much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's kind of like the first first order of business, right, you have to have three names.
Speaker 5: It is interesting though, because it does make you way more memorable, like in a he was a seventh round pick, right in a draft of a whole bunch of names you've never heard of.
Speaker 4: I feel like, what do we draft in the seventh round?
Speaker 2: It's like Levi something.
Speaker 5: If it's Levi Rodriguez, you might forget, But there's something about Levi Drake Reguez sounds more memorable. It's kind of a smart marketing play. But to your point, my guess is he's done that since he was in middle school or something.
Speaker 2: Right, it was just like Corey Fishy lips cove.
Speaker 3: That's it was a real mistake for that not to they can see as soon as you came out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well yeah, calm down, Zach.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know, maybe maybe ask him something along the lines of, you know, watching his his counterpart Jalen Redmond, and is the very very similar path where they basically are guys that were overlooked and have had kind of worked their way up. Like what what's it been like to basically have a sort of a partner in crime that they can kind of prove naysayers wrong and on a daily basis, No, they got to go out there and kind of prove it. And he's just kind of like not on an island. He's he's got somebody that's kind of been there done that with him. You know, what is that relationship like a like the working relationship.
Speaker 2: Like you know, going into the draft stuff.
Speaker 8: You know, saus and I were just talking about the reason why maybe a dexter lawrence doesn't work is because I have seen and Sauce has definitely seen a little bit more of the mock drafts kind of going the way of the what ifs, Well, what if this there's a run on these type of players, and what if there are all these trades that end up do happening and these teams all of a sudden move up and really shift the draft. Certain guys can move down the draft and slide down the draft. So does a guy and I have seen mocks at eighteen with the vikings stand at eighteen, Caden McDonald, the defensive tackle at Ohio State. He's the top true defensive tackle interior defensive tackle in the draft. Could he slide all the way down? Well, you know, it's very likely that even without a slide, he's there at eighteen. I think it makes a lot of sense that thus you wouldn't be spending money on a trade for a guy that's a veteran. Does that move the needle with the fan base when everybody's thinking possibly safety or a cornerback or possibly an edge rusher or something like that. Or we have a guy like Kenyon sadiqu that maybe falls down to eighteen, which I don't think at this point in time it's going to happen. But he's a name that nobody really talks about, but it is definitely a position of need and not to you know, not to clomp on El Presidente coming in tomorrow, but he'd basically be in that spot and he'd have direct competition with the first round draft pick.
Speaker 2: And he's somebody you could move back.
Speaker 6: You could move back into like the twenty five range, because if Dylan Theenaman is there as well, you can sell the teams that if you don't take Dylan, thenum in at eighteen or you don't move up to take him. The Carolina Panthers need safety just as much as a lot of other teams. So I think if you if Kateen McDonald is your guy, I think you could move back and maybe get maybe another third round pick possibly, Thank honesty, he's a guy that would be great. But as you've said when we've talked about it, he's only really a two down guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think that's fine. I mean, we've seen the Philadelphia Eagles do that. They implement, you know, a big dude up front, and I think sort of the way that the NFL now is using running backs, there was a time not too long ago where everybody just devalued running backs and I thought, I still think, to us an extent, that's happening. But now I think the value of running backs is kind of ramping back up. And now we're seeing a different iteration of like, you don't have to have a three down bellcal running back that has to be on the field all the time. You can do you can do it by committee. You can have two guys here and just to be really good. One guy's, you know, here first and second down guy. One guy's your third down guy. I think the same thing can be said about defensive tackles. I think it's okay because the NFL is leaning back more towards the run to have a true fat pad in there. You know, you know, it was fine for our defense when I was playing that Pat was just a phenomenal first and second down guy. He's the reason why we could have guys that could just pin their ears back on third down or second and long because of him. He didn't care that he was coming off the field. He's getting paid handsomely to play, you know, sixty percent of the snaps. So I think that there is a high value in good defensive tackles, and we see it all the time on the flip side when we see our guards and our centers struggle with in tiar pressure, or we're getting hit at the line of scrimmage or behind the line of scrimmage in a run game because one big freaking dude in the front that's just a monster. It pisses us off and like, hey, why can't we have one of those guys that's a huge bitch. Well, a guy like Cad McDonald that's six', two you're ready for it, again three twenty, six that's a huge bitch that can really, play would make a lot of. SENSE i will go on to say THAT i don't see the vikings as being the motivators and the trigger to move. DOWN i feel like they would be in a position where they let it be known that, hey we're looking to move down in certain. SITUATIONS i feel like they would be fielding phone calls to move down versus getting on the.
Speaker 2: Phone to move. Down if that makes?
Speaker 8: Sense, yeah, yeah well, said, yeah who is it The jets they pick red in front of you at? Sixteen what if they just want to? Chat here's here's. This here's a trade. Scenario hellois.
Speaker 2: Dapamensa he always calling from The. Niners how dare? YOU i didn't do.
Speaker 8: That here's a trade scenario THAT i think is probably, unlikely but it's just kind of a fun.
Speaker 2: Exercise give it to, me give.
Speaker 3: ME i love trade so.
Speaker 8: Much so there is this theory that there is a precipitous drop in offensive tackles after the first few and if there is a middle of the round run on offensive, tackles which it sounds like very likely that could. Happen BUT i read, yet then could a team like The Houston texans at twenty, eight who's looking for offensive line, help an offensive tackle, help could they jump ahead of The niners And steelers to our eighteen to grab one of these offensive. Tackles and the reason WHY i think it's intriguing is because they've got a first at twenty, eight they have two, seconds and then they have a third round pick from The giants that they, acquired so it's not even technically their pick at pick sixty, nine six. Nine and if you look at sort of the trade value, chart that sixty ninth pick seems like almost direct equal compensation to move back from eighteen to twenty. Eight so then we'd end up with three third round.
Speaker 5: Picks, well and Hopefully brazinski realizes that that if you move back you could still get something like a third, rounder BECAUSE i think If cosy was still in, charge we would get like a twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Seventh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah don't discount that seventh and twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Eight that's supposed to be a good year for the seventh.
Speaker 2: Round.
Speaker 8: Good, look, yeah just think about the. Packaging you could do. It that's seventh, rounder you, Know yeah you, Could, yeah you could pack it, up, nail, Hey, ben if.
Speaker 2: You do with it.
Speaker 3: Seven this is a an odd, question give it away, Maybe AND i just want you to answer off top of your head because you don't have to think too long on. It and it's a curveball AND i didn't give you any, warning BUT i just thought of the, question AND i think it's a good. One name the biggest need that we have that is least likely to be filled in the, draft.
Speaker 2: Filled in the draft.
Speaker 8: Period, yes you're talking not just the first, round but period.
Speaker 3: Period, yeah the biggest need we have that we're not going to be able to find somebody to fill in the.
Speaker 2: Draft corey your, Head i'll go After Ben oh, god.
Speaker 3: M.
Speaker 2: Quarterback.
Speaker 4: Quarterback that's the right.
Speaker 2: Answer, yeah, quarterback.
Speaker 4: Because it's not the draft.
Speaker 5: One because it's not just for this, year right, right It's kyler's the answer for this. Year but it's still our biggest need is quarter future quarterback and they're not going to swing at.
Speaker 3: Eighteen is there any chance they don't believe? That is there any chance they think that This kyler Murray bridge is going to be enough FOR? JJ i think there is a.
Speaker 8: CHANCE i think, that, WELL i think they have. To they can't be closed minded. ENOUGH i think there's not a. Chance SO i think they have to be open minded to the fact that this one year of maturity and ripening on the vine a little bit is going to be helpful with. McCarthy but the thing, is if If kyler goes out there and just lights the world on, fire if they are not going to let him go to another team like they did With Daniel, jones and like they did With Sam, Darnold they're not going to make that same, mistake and so they will throw all this money at him and keep him as their. Guy and this be, like you know, what it's a victim of circumstance WITH jj. McCarthy we're going to find a way to move. Him you probably won't get a lot of value out of, him, obviously because everybody's gonna know. That you just Sign Kyler murdy to a monster, Deal so you just move them off the team and you just it starts The kyler, Era Kyler murray.
Speaker 3: Era and you know, what Firing Krasi Adopa menza gives us the the scapegoat to let that, happen do you know WHAT i? Mean?
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely it's not a, yeah it's not a skid mark on his, face.
Speaker 3: Exactly right way to say. That but, yes you're.
Speaker 8: Right, yeah that was an intense that was an intentional. Phrasing but you know What i'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, sauce are you going to say?
Speaker 2: Something you know who loves? That Dwight Hockey
Speaker 5: Fan five and a second headlines, later this is the power Of Trip Morning show on The fan