Speaker 1: He just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demo.
Speaker 2: Brandy super Duper, that's nice, Light Ago, Neto, Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eighteenth day of June twenty twenty six. Happy Thursday Morning. Everybody, Welcome to Patrick Morning Show. A Thursday without Tommy Olsen is like at Thursday without Tommy Olsen, and it sucks. But that's okay because we got We got Ben lieberm we got to cast the thousands, and we won't be talking to our brand new friend.
Speaker 4: His name is Tommy Brennan. He's on Saturday at Life.
Speaker 1: He's one of us.
Speaker 3: He's from right here in the lovely Twin Cities area, and he will be the host of Saturday's welcome party out to Mystic Lay Campa Theater, which Rocky Club my band is part of. We're gonna be playing at seven to fifty five, so I tune in at seven o'clock. We'll meet our new friend Tommy Brendan today talking about being on Saturday at Live and so much more.
Speaker 4: But there's lots to get to. I don't know why I'm standing in the way of this.
Speaker 3: Let's get started with the Tommy Brennan some comedy on the Partritrip Morning Show on a Thursday morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on in, everybody, good morning to you. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 5: I'm from the Midwest, from a big old thing. I'm one of eight kids, which, yeah, you don't see eight a lot anymore, I think mainly because it's the wrong choice.
Speaker 1: Probably it is.
Speaker 5: You can't love eight kids individually. You manage them like a sports franchise, you know, like you love the overall team, sure, but you'd trade a couple of players.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: We all have these weird individual relationships with our parents. And my family, like me and my dad are in a fun spot because my dad's a doctor and I don't have health insurance, which it rules because anytime he's like, I don't believe in your career, I'm like, dude, same here, right.
Speaker 1: Back at you, doc. But so I never call that's out of pocket.
Speaker 6: Shits.
Speaker 4: Operate the pump lives, I'm me the tire.
Speaker 1: Oh wre.
Speaker 5: Go mad miss.
Speaker 4: In the tax bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sold tam smart and you sold my heart. Cant monday.
Speaker 2: Him my way, oh loker Through the power to the morning Joe. This Thursday, June eighteenth, of twenty twenty six and Corey Cove.
Speaker 1: That's Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: There's meat sauce, there's Zach Alverson since yeah, leb her at seven and no Tommy Ols. But you did mention Tommy Brennan. We swapped one Tommy for another.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm looking for Saturday Night Lives very owned Tommy Brennan. That'll be great.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I watched some of us coming delivering that stuff in today.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Uh, he talks a lot about being from that he has one I think he said that. He just said one of eight kids, one of eights.
Speaker 4: Wow. And his dad's a doctor. So I think he's a doctor of penis work. Sure, yes, you know what I mean, a doctor of penis I think that must be a doctor thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it must be. Uh. I mean there's definitely maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Start the interview with that, or should I maybe should say, hey, is your dad a doctor of penis work?
Speaker 1: Now you could an hour and a half to figure it out.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: I didn't sleep much less night, so I don't know, tell you you could. I got ideas one. You know what I did yesterday?
Speaker 4: I interviewed Uh, john kinseller Ray Conceller, which one is he?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dad I interviewed a mystery I think the actor who played uh Ray Conceller.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so I'm going to use snippets of that as what really Matters today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I thought that might be a good way to use it, you know, because our friends at the Saints are having him come in on Sunday for uh.
Speaker 1: For father's Father's Day. Yeah, and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And he's a really nice guy man.
Speaker 1: He talked.
Speaker 3: He's probably in his mid sixties. I believe I do know that it's in there somewhere, but I can't remember off the top of my head. I knew it yesterday at this time, you know what I mean? Right, But he he's he We talked, there'll be some parts that I'll play during What Really Matters, uh, and some that I won't because I don't have all day. But maybe i'll load of minutes another point. But he was We talked a little bit about Scott Bacula because he was on an episode of Quantum Leap.
Speaker 4: Well, isn't that a bit yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh boy boy, Yeah, you're thinking of Joey Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, But He.
Speaker 3: Said that they lived right down the street from each other, so he would often walk up to Scott Bacula and say, you got a something like, Hey, what's today's episode? Yeah, waking up as a woman somewhere.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's pretty much what it was. Yeah. Yeah, he looks in the mirror, he's got he's got big old yugs on him. You know that was.
Speaker 2: For those of you who are too young to remember Quantum Leap, you can sum up almost any episode of Quantum Leap with basically what you just said is Scott Bacula would like a guest time travel right, time travel into somebody else's body, and then the point of the show is he basically had to right or wrong. Yeah, he had to fix something, but he didn't know who he was at first, didn't know what he was supposed to fix, didn't know what the problem was. And then at the end of the episode, after the problem was solved, story figured out, he would transport to the next body and the episode would end with him looking into a mirror and realizing he was like a fifty two year old black woman in the South, and he'd go, oh, boy, like, now what do I do? It's like it was just it was nuts. The show was so good, though I don't know if it good. I don't know if it holds up. My guess is it doesn't.
Speaker 4: I'm going to find out.
Speaker 1: I I truly bet it doesn't. But it was awesome.
Speaker 4: He said, I'm gonna look up for a box set right now.
Speaker 1: It was super fun at the time.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. Imagine go ahead.
Speaker 1: There are many seasons ran a lot.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot, like nine, eight five. Okay, yeah, that's still a lot.
Speaker 1: But IMDb gives it an eight point two out of ten.
Speaker 4: Sure, okay, that's how they do.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: Listen, and here's and maybe maybe something I can do for Tommy Brendan. It is present ideas for sketches because the lost episodes of.
Speaker 4: Quantum leap and you know where I'm going with this. Let's go with it anyway.
Speaker 3: Scott Becula, he wakes up in a new body and people everybody's like, I'm sorry, sir, it's all good.
Speaker 4: Whatever you need.
Speaker 3: And he looks in the mirror and he's like, I'm hitler. Oh boy, right, Yeah, the lost episodes.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're going to right the wrongs within sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they Yeah, can you imagine what if Bacula is I forget what his character's name was in Quantum Leave, Sam Beckett, Oh that's right, Sam. If if he's just like he transforms into Hitler's body, he's just.
Speaker 1: Like, guys, I think we have this all wrong.
Speaker 2: And then it takes him sixty minutes to convince the rest of the Nazi party that we really got to apologize and start over.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like an episode of Full House. They always come up with a conclusion that it's always positive every time.
Speaker 4: It always works, always works out.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, oh boy. Oh yeah, I don't know if we should open with that with Tommy Brennanio. Okay, all right, so Kwanta leap. But he ends up in Hitler's body.
Speaker 4: Well, there's some other bodies he could end up in.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What if he looks in the mirror and he's like Charlie Manson.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, what if he wakes up in Mel's body.
Speaker 3: What if he wakes up and he's halfway through a meal and he looks in the mirror and he's Jeffrey Dauber. Oh what if he can't find anything of the French first ye, he's like, son of a bitch, I'm starving.
Speaker 1: Catch up?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, is this a penis?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 1: Where am i? Boy? Brilliant?
Speaker 2: He did always find a mirror within the first twenty seconds of whatever new body he was in, right, or a reflecting pool he had, there was some kind of reflection, so he could immediately see what he was dealing with the next time quantum leap rolled back around.
Speaker 4: That's a great point because if we if you woke up right now, Scott Becket'll look up in your body, right, you have to walk up, maybe open up the blind, but it's not dark to see your reflection. You'd have an outline of who you might be sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he always found a mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even if it was like in the eighteen sixties, it was immediately found a mirror somehow.
Speaker 1: Boy, What side am I on?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Wrong one buddy, yeah, wrong one wrong? Best of luck? Yeah, good luck to you. How did that series end? What happened when he died? Yeah? Right? Did he finally get back to his current timeline? What was it all? Remember the end of it?
Speaker 4: Do you have it right in front of you?
Speaker 3: Still?
Speaker 4: I don't know it?
Speaker 3: Bryce says, what if he's so sick of his life that he woke up as his dad and just prevented his dad from getting on with his mom, and poof, he popped out of existence.
Speaker 1: Never what did you think of it?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna I'm gonna, I'm gonna skip this one.
Speaker 1: It says.
Speaker 8: Doctor Sam Beckett realizes he has the power to control his own leaps, and instead of returning home, he safely chooses to leap into the past to save his friend Al's marriage by convincing Al to Al's wife to wait for his return.
Speaker 4: Al's the dude who was up with him. I like that guy. That guy was like his guy and his tour gun like you're.
Speaker 1: Hitler now right. No one could see Alex.
Speaker 4: Well a Charles Hanson. I bang some of these chicks first.
Speaker 1: So he went back fix fix the marriage of Owl. But then what happened to him? That's all it said.
Speaker 8: This Always concludes abruptly with a final title card that unceremoniously reveals doctor Sam Beckett never returned home.
Speaker 4: He never return home? Yep, well damn did they reboot the service?
Speaker 1: Was it? Yeah? It didn't work though? Can you go back to his sidekick talking to him about Charles Man.
Speaker 4: Jesus, Sam, look at you. Oh Stam, this is gonna get really weird. But you just zoomed into a bond with some Yeah, you are just ho. We gotta do it. I'm sorry, it's been a while, my wife in my life. You haven't fixed it yet, k you came back as.
Speaker 8: Al Vira.
Speaker 1: Brill. What if every episode is a pitch for Tommy Brynan.
Speaker 2: What if every episode started with the hologram banging Sam and Sam goes, so I'm a woman again.
Speaker 1: Damn it, mirror this time apparently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you're a.
Speaker 1: Woman. The ideas, Yeah, these are good. That would be a great line. Let me guess that a woman again, not this week. Have some patience.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you go back and fix my marriage and to keep this part, keep this.
Speaker 1: Part of the d L Yeah, I'll fix you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't tell my wife what I've been doing as a hologram for the last five seasons.
Speaker 1: But I'd like to marry that lady when we get back.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: What a cool concept. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: I'm By the time the interviews over, Tommy's gonna be like, you need.
Speaker 4: To move to New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're the next head writer of sad Writer. Then you'll go oh boy, oh boy. I think within one week, Lord Michael is going to go. All the guy does is pitches angles of Quantum deep sex. Nobody, nobody in our demo has seen Quantum Leap.
Speaker 4: I'll be on the David Spade podcast going wrong. Yeah, any great idea?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had the hit this a bit, I had the Bang in the Hologram bit, I had the Alvira bit, and then they fired me.
Speaker 1: Does anyone have an idea that doesn't involve Quantum.
Speaker 3: Leapt No, we understand you like quantum bleep.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good at first, speaking of that great accidental transition, Louren Michaels, of course is the inspiration for Doctor Evil, and Mike Myers says, Austin powers for is happening? He said yes, he said wow, offered no details, didn't say when, didn't say if it was being written or is it done being written? He didn't say anything, just goes Somebody asked him and he goes, yeah, well, because they have a new commercial out. I don't know if you've seen it with Doctor Evil. Yeah, exactly, Scott Evil. And then number two, Rob Loan. They're all there doing a cell phone company man commercial, so maybe that was their soft launch saying we're back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, it's weird though, because it's it's older Mike Myers. You can tell even in that commercial it's, Oh, this is a little bit of a different Doctor Reviel.
Speaker 1: He sounds different. He looks a little bit different. I thought it was Ai at first. When you see Dtor Evil, I thought it was Ai.
Speaker 4: Does he look that different?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks different. He looks older. It looks older. Well, times just don't get it, and let's go back in time.
Speaker 3: He got the he got the call from his agents said hey, they want you to do Doctor Evil for a commercial.
Speaker 4: And he's like, I don't know, man, I don't know. They're going to pay me? How much we should do a movie?
Speaker 1: A movie? Is it? He not well liked. I don't know if that's the case any man.
Speaker 3: I think he might just be uh, you know, as some very very very funny and very talented people are maybe not much good with people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He's the snake to my mongol, sure, or the mongoose to my snake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either way, it's bad. I do new animals. Yeah, the first one's so good.
Speaker 4: You just don't get it to you, You don't. You know, I have one simple request, and.
Speaker 5: That is to have sharks with freaking laser beats attached to their heads.
Speaker 3: I do get the idea that he was he wrote it all himself, you know, I mean, like all of it, did all of it himself, and it couldn't have been funny on paper, but it's so funny listening to him do it. You know, I can't imagine that that seemed like a funny idea on paper.
Speaker 9: You know, you're quasi Eber, your semi Eber.
Speaker 1: You're the Margarine of Eber.
Speaker 4: You're the diet Coke of Eber. Throw me a freaking boom here, now, Like.
Speaker 1: That sounds so much like everybody, says Lauren Michael sounds like, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I'd started watching that documentary on Lauren, the new One, but I got act and forgot I even owned it.
Speaker 4: I gotta go back and finish that just came out like a month or two ago. Hmm, all right, I need more. I got more.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna write a whole list of quantum leap ideas. Maybe I'll just present them to them one at a time. Yeah, okay, And this one you're Christopher Columbus.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, okay.
Speaker 4: On this one, you wake up on the Mayflower and you realize.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a fun actual meeting to be in.
Speaker 2: Though, the actual pitch meeting for Quantum Leap, almost anything goes anything.
Speaker 1: What should we have him be this?
Speaker 4: What are we going to fish today? Nothing big, guys, nothing big.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it was extremely dark.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some KKK stuff and things like that, and there was like abuse, and it's like, what did I just walk into? No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: And this one you just woke up in Texas and you are pretending to be pregnant, right, yeah boy, wait a minute, I'm driving down the road.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, what if you just like your doctor Sam Becket, You're bouncing through different wormholes or whatever, different timelines. You're all over space and time, and all of a sudden you're like, what am I doing here? And then you look up at your roof and you're like, there's so many freaking leaves.
Speaker 1: Am I gonna have to do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Work all weekend long? Because this is my new existence. I wonder what my hologram buddy Sam would say.
Speaker 1: You don't care.
Speaker 8: Uh, he would say, don't worry about it. Get gut her helmet from Gutterhelmet Amen dot com, and never worry about your gutters. Never worry if they're going to get clogged, and just go on with your day, Go on with your weekend, plague golf with your buddies. Don't waste a weekend up on the ladder cleaning gutters. Got her helmet mn dot com.
Speaker 1: That was a message specifically for Sam. Sam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you wake up. You're in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: You must be lonely.
Speaker 3: You're you really You look out the window and you're like Varsity Theater. That's an interesting I wonder where I'm at. And then you look and there's your brother.
Speaker 1: H oh boy, oh boy, he's nude. Of course.
Speaker 4: What your name is? Small?
Speaker 1: And let's just say you're both watching X files. Oh well played, Corey, well played? All right? More of the Power Trimony show after this on the fan. Capital One offers no fees or minutes.
Speaker 4: All right, So here we are.
Speaker 2: The US Open is underway. It's on the screen here and saw us. Don't turn around because Abba does not like.
Speaker 1: When you watch golf. Wait, pall your hands up. What a common and Rosie do at two o'clock rip each other? What are they doing? Like a major golf tournament? So oh uh watch golf and then rip Rosie. Yeah, he's having knee surgery. That's what I heard.
Speaker 2: Do you hear what lou Nanny said to him off the airn Yeah, your tongue's not having correct brilliant.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm not gonna turn around. We're you gonna ask me a question about it. Is Rosie's gone?
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, you got to focus on the show. We're doing a radio shows. Is Rosi's guy in the lead? Yep? Some amateur? That's who Rosie wanted, right, Yeah, apparently he loves amateurs. So does that I do?
Speaker 4: I heard something different about it, you know, accessible.
Speaker 1: Love the game? Yeah, well said that's it.
Speaker 4: Love the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, love of the game. Oh, brilliant. Love the game.
Speaker 2: Hey Thursday, right, yeah, yeah, it's Thursday of the fact. Sauce it again. I made a you know, relatively sizeable bet on Wyndham Clark in Vegas, right yeah, I got money on Windham and then Rosie picked him.
Speaker 1: So now I'm cheering for Rosie. Yeah that's not right, you know, what I mean now, I.
Speaker 2: Want Rosie to win the golf Bet because that's the best thing for me too, even more than Sam Burn's winning. It's better if Wyndom Clark, so him and I are on the same team as always.
Speaker 1: Do you think he knew Wyndham Clark before you mentioned it? I don't know. Maybe probably, I'd say no, I don't know. I don't know anyway. Yeah, it's underway in New York at Shinnecock YEP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're in Duluth tomorrow this time tomorrow will be broadcasting from Duluth. Marny Gilner Mark Parrish will play Initials in Duluth at eight to fifteen.
Speaker 1: We have one nineteen I think is it one eighteen five? I think it's eighteen to five.
Speaker 2: So if tomorrow's one eighteen five, the next week's one nineteen, then we're off on the third, So one nineteen five will be Detroit Lakes YEP. And then the first that means the first day of the tournament, the Initials Invitational, we would hit one hundred and twenty thousand, unless.
Speaker 1: It goes off before that. Oh, that's hot. That's hot.
Speaker 2: One hundred and twenty k almost there is many one eighteen five apparently tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Man, that'll be sweet dude, eventually. Actually, it's got to happen, right eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sure, we had that stretch what two or three months ago where we had didn't we have like three or four winners out of five or something that won two fifty. I think we had a month where almost any everybody was hitting at least one right after we.
Speaker 1: Said why has nobody even getting one right? Right?
Speaker 2: And then they went hot and just drilled it for about a month straight. So hey, we we had a couple of sweats there. Yeah, you know, not bad, not bad at all.
Speaker 1: We did have the meat sweats. Man.
Speaker 2: It's foggy as hell at this golf course and it's going to get real windy.
Speaker 1: It's like the fog and Widow's Bay it's throwing in I don't even know their ball lands. I don't know Widow.
Speaker 2: Dude, the washing, the finale yesterday, Come on, man, like this show is just something else. Man, It's gonna win awards. Matt Reeves should be up for almost everything. You guys are gonna dig it.
Speaker 1: And a scare re scale, how high is it? One to ten?
Speaker 2: Uh a seven ish. There's a handful of creepy ass moments, but it's not that scary.
Speaker 4: What is a creepy ass moment?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, it's like it's right that when they turn around and you're like, oh, that's I thought it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Better than in Denver, right, and Indiana and La.
Speaker 2: But there's alway there's gonna be a second season, and I'm telling you the momentum is going to be gigantic because I read a story the other day that this show is growing by the week in terms of viewership like Apple.
Speaker 1: Well again, who knows.
Speaker 2: Apple could be lying because it's not like anybody tracks their numbers but themselves. But everybody's finding this show, and I think by the time season two rolls around, it's.
Speaker 1: Going to be a much, much bigger deal. Sweet, So jump on now. But you've got now, you've got all ten episodes available, you could binge the whole thing. I'm gonna it's worth it that that sounds super creative. Man, it's fun. Hell's going on on that freaking island?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: The hell is going on anyway?
Speaker 3: I really don't know, did you guys hear? I got a few things for you. Oh yeah, I'll play this one. It's a kind of a hell long, but I enjoyed it. Debbie Downer made an appearance, oh yeah, at the.
Speaker 1: UH at a commencement speech. Right, yeah, Rachel Dretch is the best.
Speaker 4: For hold on, I got you hear somewhere. Which one is it?
Speaker 3: It's the yeah, Dartmouth Apparently she's a Dartmouth graduate. Okay, yeah, And so she did the commencement speech and she brought Debbie Downer back for it.
Speaker 4: And this is really really funny.
Speaker 6: Hello graduates, What an honor it is to be here on this beautiful green. Careful on the lawn, ladies, if you're wearing any sort of a heel, wet grass can be a tripping hazard.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. It's quite an achievement.
Speaker 6: Graduating from Dartmouth. Of course, thanks to AI, there won't be any jobs left, So congrats to all on your mandatory gap years. It's inspired to see all your fresh minds ready to take on the world. Sadly, due to the construction of data centers and the impending water wars, the most useful college majors now are foraging and hand to hand combat. Yeah, AI may take all our jobs and clean drinking water. But at least we can all see what we'd look like as leather Daddy Santa.
Speaker 2: Good stuff and the instroom makes Yeah, that bit ten times better than man and it did on the show too, like the cat sound effect.
Speaker 4: I would have done that bit every week if Lauren Michael every week.
Speaker 1: Hard not to write, but there were so many bits that they ran into the ground.
Speaker 2: I think Lauren Michael's learned his lesson because there were like the Hans and Franz seemed like it was every meeting. Some of those bits were just NonStop and you're like, it's not even funny anymore.
Speaker 8: They drove Matt Foley into the ground. They used him a lot in different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder, like I bet you guys would be surprised how how few times they ran right.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many times Matt Foley did the bit ran?
Speaker 2: Let mean, look, I can only think of like three ish, I'm pretty it was one.
Speaker 1: There's one Farley character that they drove into the ground. I thought it was Matt Foley.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the real life when they did. Yeah, one to eight appearances for Matt Foley, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: What was the other one.
Speaker 1: You just said Hans and Franz never got sick of Wayne's World. No, Wayne's World Wales.
Speaker 4: Twenty Yeah, it's a lot, Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 1: That's running it back.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I still man. I know you guys have all heard it.
Speaker 3: Maybe you haven't, Saus, But the whole Conan O'Brien thing where they wrote a scrons a script for the Hans and Franz movie and then they they actually recorded it and did it on his podcast.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Jeez, they actually acted did They did basically a read through of the script.
Speaker 1: That's brilliant. It was like him and Smigel or something wrote it. Wasn't it like it was two or.
Speaker 4: Three big Michael and and then Neil and and and h Dana all were a part of it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: The big the reason it fails because they wrote it with Arnold Forsnagger in the movie. At that time, he was the biggest thing in the world. They couldn't get him.
Speaker 1: That's funny, especially the characters are making fun of him.
Speaker 2: That's that's a pretty It's a pretty ambitious idea to say, what if we take down the number one star in the world by basically saying how ridiculous he.
Speaker 1: Is from page Sports in a second power to morning show fan.
Speaker 7: KFA and welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater, Motion City Sound and.
Speaker 1: Rocket Club among others.
Speaker 7: Take the stage on June twentieth for eleven and Dirty Heads will be there July eleventh, five Finger Death, Punch on August eighteen, Slayer on September fourth. All the details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page akafe dot com.
Speaker 1: Heward calendar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, looking forward to it.
Speaker 3: It's happening, and again we'll talk to all over a little under I should say an hour from now. Tommy Brennan Sunday My Life, who's the host for Saturday? And I mean tickets are still available for Saturday's show, but from what I've been told, it's selling really well.
Speaker 4: It's only I believe twenty bucks a ticket or something like that to get in.
Speaker 1: What time will that be?
Speaker 4: We go on to seven fifty five play for about a half hour.
Speaker 1: Where's the name of the place again, Mystic Lake Amphitheater?
Speaker 3: Sweet dude, Yeah man, it would be fun practicing up last night with the rocketbub.
Speaker 4: Boys should be good.
Speaker 8: Were you singing? Spending all day in Lake Pegonzo. You'd like to know what you was my guy there, he was not he passed.
Speaker 4: Now he's still who knows though I haven't seen him, so I can't. You asked me that. I always say no, but I don't know for sure. I haven't seen him a morning.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 4: I only know for sure that you four a week in the life.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, what about my dad? Well, I know, not sure he's alive. Still, he knows where he is.
Speaker 3: I should have taken the ball. Gag out right, I leave just outside of Cup Foods.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, let's do front page fort let's see what's going on in the world of sports.
Speaker 8: Time now for Sports Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores. I went there this morning.
Speaker 2: I did one of those bits where it's like, hey, I'll get gas when I go to work tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Then I got in my car this morning, I'm like, oh man, I'm like empty empty. So I stopped at Holiday on the way just got gas. That's a boring story.
Speaker 2: I didn't go in, but if I had gone in for a limited time, you can buy two, get one free. When it comes to Monster Mixing Matchity Flavors, of Monster Energy.
Speaker 1: You want with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 2: The Ultra Zero, the Regulars, the Juice, the rehab Ones, Monster buy two get one free at Holiday.
Speaker 1: I should have gone in Yeah, Holiday Whales.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's a wasted opportunity.
Speaker 1: Should have gone in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Links have an absolute superstar. Her name is Olivia Miles. A career high thirty one points in a ninety nine eighty three win over the Sparks. The Links have the best record in the WNBA. They are twelve and three. Miles with the thirty one points now is in ninth in the WNBA in scoring at nineteen a game. My god, more than Paige Beckers. That's that's how much she's scoring here. She's ahead of Beckers.
Speaker 8: Are we allowed to bring up that she's better than the number one overall pick or the Dallas Wings going to.
Speaker 1: Get a feelings might get hurt? Yes, thank you, Zach. Sorry.
Speaker 2: The Minks are at Golden State tomorrow at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: The men they are just on a tear.
Speaker 2: And this is the repeat take from our show this week and every other show this week. Is this is all without nafisa, Like are they are they the best or second best team in the league is obviously Vegas is still a force. Could they get like, really really far even without her?
Speaker 1: I think they could. Yeah, especially with Olivia Miles.
Speaker 2: I think they're so loaded that they could make a run even if Nefisa didn't play.
Speaker 1: Did you see the bit last night? I think nuts.
Speaker 8: She had twenty four in the first half, and like she made a basket and she's just like playing with her hair.
Speaker 1: It's a cool look. She's got swag. Man, she's sweet.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on with our women athletes in this town, but the Aurora are nine to zero. They haven't given up a goal all year. Geez, they haven't given up a goal at all, and that is through nine games undefeated.
Speaker 4: You know what, we need to give up on men's sports in this town, but we already did.
Speaker 1: No one reports, yeah, no one in this town reports.
Speaker 4: What is the what was the baseball movie about the ladies?
Speaker 3: Do we have a female baseball league happening now? If not, should we start one so we can dominate it and win a championship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as the pole lads don't own it.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, no, that I just woke up with Carl pull Lad. If he died, oh god, I didn't wake up. Oh, let me out of here. That'd be a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be odd. Al get out of here.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, he's in a casket.
Speaker 2: The US Open is underway. Nobody so far, at least in terms of the leaderboard that I'm looking at, saus unless you have a sixty second ahead of me. Update, we have like six guys at even. Nobody's under part yet. Well, Rosie's guy, James Nicholas is he's even?
Speaker 1: That was Rosie's guy?
Speaker 4: Is he same?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And then the other guy Rosie wanted, Taylor Montgomery he's also even. So both the Rosies guys have the best score so far out on the course. Sure, but a bunch of big names get under weigh in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Such as, well, my guy, who's your guy? Cam Young? And let's see here, Daddy, I had it right here, Chris got her up?
Speaker 2: Is the guy?
Speaker 8: Christen sam Burnscloy six fifty two, Fleetwood six fifty two, Patrick Reid six fifty two, Oberg six fifty two.
Speaker 1: There are all the big names. You're right around the corner.
Speaker 4: Do you have the entire list?
Speaker 1: Right in front of you most of them. Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 4: Do you know when.
Speaker 1: Happy birth Happy birthday?
Speaker 4: Do you know when rapper Ot Genesis?
Speaker 1: He's off the Ot Genesis.
Speaker 2: Let's see Genesis was but in the eighties, isn't Phil Collins like eighty.
Speaker 4: This is rapper Ot Genesis?
Speaker 1: Cool name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I've never heard of that person either. I've heard of the band Genesis. I've heard of the Sega Genesis. Yeah, I've vaguely heard of the Book of Genesis.
Speaker 1: Wasn't there a gallon real world named Genesis? I have no idea. That's only something you would know, probably if you're saying I feel like there was.
Speaker 8: Did the band Genesis ever come out with like a coffee table book called the Book of Genesis?
Speaker 4: I don't know, but I think it's I get that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: I had a very similar idea in the nineties. I had an idea for a coffee table book about coffee tables, and then like if you didn't have a coffee table, you could like pull back these. It was almost like a pop up book, and then you could it had its own legs, So your coffee table book became a coffee table and you'd have like celebrity coffee.
Speaker 1: Pull your hands up. He won't be here till next month on a Windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Rosie's not here, Corey real quick? At what point today does keyboard player and musician does he read.
Speaker 1: Happy Birthday? Dizzy read well?
Speaker 2: Patrick read teas off at six point fifty two? And I hear he has vertigo boy?
Speaker 4: He plays keyboards for guns and roses.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's the guy's name. So everybody hates him, even his family. What's your favorite La Gun song?
Speaker 3: I like, well, the Ballot Jane's their biggest hit, but I would probably say Rippant.
Speaker 2: Gat.
Speaker 1: So there was a Disney Dean, right, wasn't he a baseball player?
Speaker 4: Disney Dean also was in uh?
Speaker 1: And there was Dizzy Gillespie? Why Dale? What about Dirty Dale?
Speaker 12: Dizzy Gillespie dizz Yeah, Now I'm gonna look up somebody's dress, me too?
Speaker 1: Was there Genesis who cares sauce on? Yep? I got it?
Speaker 7: Genesis Moss Real World, Boston. She's a lesbian with a troubled past.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 7: She became friends with the gay drake queen named I'm sorry Adam Brilliant and uh spends a lot of time dancing and partying at a gay club.
Speaker 1: Also spends a lot of time in Lake Boogon's wall. Yeah, lake that there by the way.
Speaker 7: It's just crazy because you see Genesis Mooss and the next name on the Wikipedia Sean Duffy exactly.
Speaker 2: He is the Transportation Secretary now, but he was on the real world like like almost thirty years ago, and he married another gal from road Rules.
Speaker 1: Rachel is from road Rules.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I don't mean about that. Sorry, I just read something from Thomas. If you were here, he'd be so pleased.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Some laws being erased?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, well should he move to Alabama? Or how's his work?
Speaker 4: Everything's legal somewhere.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, my god, stay t shirt. Yeah, true, true, my god, it's true. That's right around the corner.
Speaker 3: The Rocky Horror Picture Show is coming to the Sphere in Las Vegas. Can you imagine the party, the amount of nineteen thousand people, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it same.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's just okay unless you're with seventy people and they're all dressed up and singing and having the time of their life.
Speaker 1: It's the vibe right, God, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 4: Zacho, that would be so much fun.
Speaker 1: Get high into it?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 4: You really don't know?
Speaker 1: The hot rocky horror, rocky horror Picture Show.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a very campy movie from the I would guess seventies, I believe.
Speaker 2: Probably early seventies, probably right around, yeah, like seventy nine almost, but okay, seventy five.
Speaker 3: The guy who's the butler and home Kong is the main character, and he's a basically a cross dressing vampire. But it doesn't even matter what the movie's about. It's got this great soundtrack. It's not great, but great soundtrack. And everybody who goes to the movie dresses up as a character in the movie and they all sing and dance and do the entire do the every line to every movie. Doing that with nineteen thousand people, or having me people get into the sphere would be the most fun ever. Everybody high, everybody drunk, everybody getting it home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's be fine. I thought it was like a scary movie when I saw the headlines, but.
Speaker 4: It is definitely not. It's the exact DAPSA.
Speaker 3: It's just I mean, Peter, it's and they do it like it at movie theaters all over America, especially like old schools like the one down in Columbia, Height and stuff like that, they show it and everybody gets stressed up and they go have fun and everybody's just it's just cool, man, it's super neat.
Speaker 4: That would be so fun, my god, that would be control.
Speaker 1: Like the definition of a cult classic.
Speaker 3: It is because everybody who's watching it knows it's not a great movie, but you know, every line, it's like watching it's like that what's that three thousand mystery? Yeah, it's like that one thousand because everybody's talking during the movie, but only they're doing the lines and they're loving it fun.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like when The Room got really popular. It's because everybody realized how bad it was, and then they all went and it was a shared experience because of how hideously horrible that movie is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, anyway, there you go. Tommy would love it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he already bought tickets.
Speaker 2: I have a hunch Tommy would be about halfway through the movie and he's, you know, in the full Rocky horror picture show like garb and he's all dressed up and somebody goes.
Speaker 1: You haven't seen this movie. We're watching a movie.
Speaker 4: I stumbled into the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is perfect. God, timing couldn't be better.
Speaker 4: Let's do the time war begain.
Speaker 1: That's a song from it, right, yeah, yeah, Oh there's a fucking there. Rachel Draft is doing another speech.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, good thing. You wore two pairs of underwear.
Speaker 1: Wow, saw your whole body lean to the left?
Speaker 4: I did that?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Why you had to make some space? Man?
Speaker 1: You always lean to the left to make some space.
Speaker 4: Does that makes space? You can't try to mean?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine one cheek sneak?
Speaker 4: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll do what really matters after this scores and stats around the world of sports. Ben Lieber in forty minutes, Ben seven to nine today and moving forward, he's seven to nine for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 4: And Corey two things.
Speaker 3: When we come back and we're doing what really matters, We're going to play some of that audio did with ray Cooncilla from the He's gonna be at the Saints game this Sunday for a Father's Day. And also we're going to play a sweeper right now that I encourage you to listen to okay, because I don't know if you, like me, didn't.
Speaker 1: Read the email I did. I did not.
Speaker 3: Any email that's longer than two paragraphs is not going to be read. It's got to be more succinct. I ain't got no time, so you ready. It's Patrick Morse on the fan through your business. Hi, good morning.
Speaker 1: Is this the what's the group that does the bit in Christmas? Trans Siberian orchaneah? Is this the Trans Siberian Orchestra?
Speaker 4: No, it's a little ditty I wrote. This is great, thank you. I played all the instruments.
Speaker 2: Is this that little diddy thing you wrote about? Who are those two kids growing up in the Heartland? A little ditty about.
Speaker 1: What were their names? Jeez? Jack and dihan Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between Christal change your life with something else.
Speaker 3: Scott Beckula in one of the episodes I saw, woke up Jack and Diane. I believe it, and he's like, Diane, oh boy.
Speaker 1: Wow, am I at the sphere.
Speaker 2: It's brought to you by Ovo Lasik and lens Go get Lasick from doctor Mark loganof and doctor David White and.
Speaker 1: Oh Lasic and Lens that's right.
Speaker 2: I know that play suspended at the US Open non dangerous conditions.
Speaker 1: I know, mel Wow. But they hit the pause button on the US Open. So a handful of.
Speaker 2: People teed off somewhere in the what fifteen sixteen seventeen or angy something like that.
Speaker 1: Right now, I'm looking for their balls, yep, because it's foggy as hell.
Speaker 4: Start.
Speaker 2: They're interviewing Ricky Fowler right now on USA and the conditions don't look bad at all, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not there, so they suspended play. I don't know a lot about golf.
Speaker 8: I don't know much, and I know this tournament like anyone could qualify, right like if you win a bunch, you could qualify.
Speaker 1: As an ampudi. Yeah, what does that path for me to qualify for the US I think you'd have to win, like at the state level, and then you'd have to go And how do I enter that is? Do you is there an entry fee? Do I just put my name in a I.
Speaker 4: Also think you have to sing the jar breeze.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: My point though, is the point I'm trying to make is I don't know how Ricky Fowler is continuously at these events.
Speaker 1: He doesn't top ten majors, he hasn't won a major, he's not a top.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well, well, well, I don't know.
Speaker 8: He's just always there. I don't know how he does it. Is it like a sponsor exemption somebody else?
Speaker 7: To a professional golfer amateur with a handicap index next sitting zero point four, he's that you file an online entry application for two hundred dollars. Okay, then you must play an eighteen houlled qualifier. There was over one hundred local qualifying sites. So maybe you played the qualifier. Yeah, maybe the Cameron Young did like.
Speaker 4: Good enough to get in and just on his name alone.
Speaker 1: No, because I like, you have to be like most of these majors.
Speaker 8: You have to be like top seventy in the world, right or guys that have won it, they get a lifetime exemption. And if you are, if you top five, a bunch of these are top ten, a bunch of these majors, you get exemptions into these for like the next three or four years. So maybe I'm missing We're Ricky Fowler top.
Speaker 1: This is more of an idea for a screenplay than an actual sports question.
Speaker 2: No, what if what if somebody picked up golf at the age of forty five, just late to golf, and then it just hit.
Speaker 1: It just worked.
Speaker 2: They were a natural. They just never tried until they were like forty five, and then they they go and win one of these qualifiers and.
Speaker 1: Then they go to the US Open.
Speaker 2: You could get there within it. You could get there within one year, right theoretically, if it just clicked.
Speaker 1: Why don't people do that?
Speaker 7: More like you played like hockey all your life or something, and right needed you know, money.
Speaker 2: Right, so you just go to the local driving range to see if you can hustle people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, I'm just trying to think.
Speaker 2: It's like maybe somebody notices your four hundred yard drives and say, hey, why don't you enter the Waterbury Open this weekend?
Speaker 1: Like a guy missing a hand? No, why would they be missing a hand? Would they have a wood hand? Why would they have a wood hand? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Talking about the US Open and qualifying for the US Open? Sorry? God, due understood. What really matters is.
Speaker 4: This legitimately was not listening.
Speaker 1: No, I am Chubb, says, wooden hand who in hell is Chubbs? How would you call them that? That's that nice?
Speaker 4: Are you talking about me? Are you insulting me?
Speaker 1: Do you have both your hands?
Speaker 4: I do, and the metas chubbs as I used to be.
Speaker 1: No, you're not at all. You're very skinny. I think you were Ladies jetens. Now you're so skinny. In fairness, you wore Ladies jeans before I wear anything.
Speaker 4: I can do what I like.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this?
Speaker 4: This really does matter? This is a terrible story. I didn't realize this till right now.
Speaker 3: The girl who played the ring, Yeah she died, she did, Yeah, only thirty five years old. Bacterial meningitis and severe blood infection. My goodness, Yeah, that's all quickly progressed to sepsis and organ failure.
Speaker 4: And who just passed away from sepsis?
Speaker 1: Think Kyle Busch.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right, that's right. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: She was also Lelo no Stitch, which one no Lelo. Yeah, she was the voice of Lelo and Lelo and Stitch. But she was the girl who crawled out of the TV in the ring only thirty five years old?
Speaker 4: Did we find out?
Speaker 3: I mean did anybody like I know somebody knows, but I don't remember. How do you How does bacterial meningitis happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know, no idea.
Speaker 3: Severe blood infections. Goodness sakes, man, that actually matters. I know what I'm saying. Let me see.
Speaker 1: Is The Ring a good movie?
Speaker 4: It's pretty scary, man? And she was down in a well.
Speaker 3: I don't know how she got out of TV because I don't think there was well times when they had TVs.
Speaker 4: Like where they threw people down wells and stuff. I can't remember. I did see it. I remember it scared me.
Speaker 1: But well, that's terrifying. What are you doing in the bottom of a well? That was reliever?
Speaker 4: He's not Is he in a well?
Speaker 1: No, he's just listening on his way in. Probably yeah, he's probably listening. It's all over. Second we ride up Troy's bucket.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he's saying about. Both of you guys are talking over my head or under my nuts? Who I don't know. I can't see either one. Why did you just make that noise over the sweet peep well?
Speaker 1: It's so innocent.
Speaker 7: Just exchange respiratory or throat secretions with an infected person coughing, sneeze and kissing it's and then it just goes and enters the bloodstream and and you can die.
Speaker 1: All right, sauce that sucks.
Speaker 2: I know at nine o'clock you and I were going to swap secretions, but I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That that was a way to get meningitis. So, yeah, we've just been on a TV.
Speaker 4: Show that is a spin off of.
Speaker 3: One of those antique road show shows, is called Swap Secretions. Yeah, maybe I should cancel my appearance.
Speaker 1: You've googled that. I don't want to secretion block you.
Speaker 4: But you know what, who cares?
Speaker 1: I'm going You don't care.
Speaker 4: It's my turn, at your turn, we're talking about swapping secretions, so probably yours.
Speaker 2: The US plays Australia tomorrow in the World World Cup at two o'clock. Both teams won their opening game yesterday, though Portugal and Congo won one draw is Bekistan in Colombia Battle to Columbia won three to one. Ghana beat Panama one zip PanAm and England to beat Croatia forty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think was it Ghana that scored in like the ninety fifth minute. I think to win that game play.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's too long, and even though the World Cup's going on, it's okay not to like soccer.
Speaker 1: You don't have to like it.
Speaker 8: But there are moments of it where you're like, this is badass. Then you're like, there was ninety four minutes of no scoring.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was it badass?
Speaker 1: Yeah it can be. It comes to your dates.
Speaker 4: Wow, are you still doing Dayton and a half.
Speaker 1: Man, He dabbles, I don't date at all. I found the meaning in my life, the inspiration. She's the inspiration.
Speaker 4: Rest in peace. By the way.
Speaker 1: Guy from Chicago, Wow, Chicago, that band Whales.
Speaker 3: Now you say his last name, Parizader Parzier. He was one of the family members of Chicago Great Great horn player just Great. Yeah, played reed instruments in the band from it start through his retirement in twenty fifteen, passed away from Alzheimer's DAJ eighty one.
Speaker 1: That sucks, man.
Speaker 3: We play a lot of Chicago in the old Fabulous Hermondilos. That guy's great. I think he's sang some of the songs too.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: Talking about the World Cup and sausage.
Speaker 3: New Love of Soccer, hundreds of rowdy English soccer fans had to be cleared out of a Dallas pub after reportedly drinking five thousand beers.
Speaker 1: The Londoner, Sorry, are you done enough talking? I just got dad. You just dadded me. I'm sorry. I was just trying to be funny and.
Speaker 4: Apparently you weren't done. Let me know when you're done. All hit the sounder, But.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that I was just trying to be funny. You didn't have to dadd me.
Speaker 4: You let me know when you're done.
Speaker 1: It's okay to just listen. You don't have to add anything. Are you done?
Speaker 4: You don't have to be.
Speaker 1: Funny, man. I don't have any other things I add to this. He's done.
Speaker 13: The crowd packed the London Nerve from the bar to the patio before the pub shut down. Around ten pm on Tuesday. Police responded to a nine to one one call about the Crown, but reported no arrests.
Speaker 1: England one four to two. I'm Mark Neyfield.
Speaker 4: Thanks Mark. Do you got any more comedy? Funny?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Path, I'm sorry, Let's hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The NBA Draft is Tuesday.
Speaker 2: The Wizards select first, The Wolves select twenty eighth. The Wizards are kind of in the news because their guard Trey Young plans to decline his forty eight point nine seven million dollar player option.
Speaker 1: For next year, so he will be a free agent on Monday.
Speaker 4: Don't say abracadabra.
Speaker 1: Magicians do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Wizards are still considered the front runner to resign him, but obviously now he'll have some suitors.
Speaker 1: He's good for him. So whose Trey Young? But what really matters is break time and.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll do audio from raykin Seller during What Really Matters, where he talks about the Field of Dreams, some a couple of fascinating things, including what happened to him on his way to film Field of.
Speaker 4: Dreams that baited an even more impactful thing.
Speaker 2: Spliever in like twenty minutes, we uh hopefully we'll talk to Tommy Brennan of Saturday Night Live and about twenty minutes as well, because Mel Gibson deserves it.
Speaker 1: This is the power drim Morning Joe on the van from the one eight hundred. Ask Gary Traffics.
Speaker 11: When you've been injured, the last thing you need is a higher bill at the gas station. That's why Postman Law is giving away fifty dollars gas cards through Sunday June twenty first Postman delivers for you even at the pump, and you're free at postman law dot com. Thanks man, Hey, Max is here.
Speaker 4: Max is right by.
Speaker 2: What it is what to do?
Speaker 4: No Thomas today?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 8: Heartbreaking the worst? Didn't you say yesterday? Might be going on next Thursday?
Speaker 1: I believe. So why does he do that? I don't know, I don't know. It's almost like he is a real job. Yeah, man, I know, I mean a waste of time. Yeah, this is Rice, all right, more of what really matters? Here we go, that's what really matters.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The Twins are at the Rangers today at one thirty five final game against the Rangers. Joe Ryan for the Twins. The Twins are thirty five and forty. The Rangers are thirty five and thirty eight. This weekend they are at Arizona. Then they host the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Monday, Tuesday Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 10: Ludacris after one of the games too next week.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yeah, Johnny Bones is going to that.
Speaker 10: Which Janny Bones loves Ludacris.
Speaker 1: He mentioned it, actually did he really? That is why to say he's gone for his acting. Yeah, he loves him in too fast.
Speaker 4: That's really good. That's kind of a sad story.
Speaker 1: He's got some slammers.
Speaker 4: Oh is he cheked up?
Speaker 1: I think he loves Oh yeah, he loves singing about.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What matters is.
Speaker 4: What is bothersome?
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding. You daubted me. Now I'm mad at you. I'm over it.
Speaker 4: You're grounded?
Speaker 1: Are you voice texting my dad?
Speaker 4: No, you're grounded freating marbles again?
Speaker 1: Remember, saucage is the word bothers him when the rest of us being problematic. But he says bothers him.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, Yeah, it's okay. You don't know words. Okay, good. I don't haven't come back exactly because you're blanking on words.
Speaker 4: Just get back to eating your marbles.
Speaker 1: Eat marbles. Did you eat marbles as a kid?
Speaker 4: You know you did?
Speaker 1: Somebody?
Speaker 2: If somebody would have put peanut butter on marbles, would you have eaten them?
Speaker 1: Probably? Yeah?
Speaker 4: After you let the dog lick it.
Speaker 1: It's a okay, it's your dog, Jesus. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: Did you just see a sheep? Jesus?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 1: Sheepsus?
Speaker 4: Listen? Are you done?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Enough Walter.
Speaker 4: Dwyer Nope, Wire Brown Walter, No one cares.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't even matter, it does, nothing matters.
Speaker 3: Dwire Brown actor. He played Rayconcella, The Dad in Field of Dreams. I spoke with him yesterday. Thanks for reference. At Saints Saints Baseball dot Com Saint Paul Saints shs Field on Sunday, he'll be done. They're throwing balls around for a special ticket package. You can throw a ball with him. Dwyer Brown played Raycincella, and here he talked about a connection to the state of Minnesota. He helped build Eden Prairie High School in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 9: It's a true story. Yeah, I my sister lived up in Minneapolis, and I came up to visit her, and she one of her roommates, got me a job on this construction crew, and yeah I was. I was pushing mud up there in at Eton very High School.
Speaker 8: Have you ever done that, Zach, that's the only reason you've played that, hopefully not high school.
Speaker 1: Too far away. That's bothersome. Oh okay, sauce Oka, Why is that bother some? It's not I was just trying to be funny, Okay, Okay, Hang on It's okay to just listen. You don't have to add anything I agree to. What else do I do?
Speaker 3: By the way, Dwyer Brown on what he will be doing down at cchs Field on Sunday.
Speaker 9: You know, I should tell people if they do come to the game this weekend, I'm bringing my dad's mips from the nineteen thirties, my old his old split finger glove and h and we are having a catch with the fans if they get that, want to have a catch package. So anyway, I hope people will come out. You know, when I lived in Minneapolis back in seventy nine, I just couldn't get over what a wonderful city that is, you know, with the lakes right in the middle of it, and and the people. I mean, what what beautiful people, I thought. And you know, when summer comes, you know, out of that rough winters that are usually happening up there, I was just so impressed people out jogging and running, and I mean I just thought that the city was just so buoyant and beautiful and filled with art.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 9: I was really in love with it. And it's been back several times since.
Speaker 1: There you go, even if.
Speaker 2: He's telling the truth. What a smart way to kiss ass? Right, you're doing a radio interview. Go love Cleveland, beautiful place, beautiful, great people, absolute smoke shows running around in the summer every summer.
Speaker 4: I've built the hospital for crazy people.
Speaker 1: I was pushing them on in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: Wow, Zach and when I hate better?
Speaker 1: That was great? That was funny.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you I heard you laugh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What then?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Sorry. I don't know why you're sorry.
Speaker 2: But you do understand what what laughter is? Right, It's the acknowledgment of humor being received.
Speaker 4: He has no idea what it's like.
Speaker 1: Blank stairs by the way to see him moving forward is the exact opposite. I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I laughed.
Speaker 12: I know.
Speaker 1: Deafening silence is uh not laughter?
Speaker 4: Okay, Yes, silence sucks.
Speaker 1: The silence sucks.
Speaker 4: Middle of the night, nobody around darkness.
Speaker 1: Jeesus. I'm not good with with awkward silences in conversations. I have to fill the air. Do you guys do that?
Speaker 2: I wish I was better at just like you said something, I said something, you said something. I said something, And that was the end of the little back and forth. And now we can sit here for fifteen seconds instead of just tap dancing until somebody else has something to say.
Speaker 1: It gets O.
Speaker 3: We're like tonight, we'll be at that dinner with clients and the Luth and it'll be silent, and then out of nowhere, I'll just have to go.
Speaker 4: Just to break up the silence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're also yeah asking because the worst thing can say is.
Speaker 4: No, hey, v W A Duluth any ideas.
Speaker 2: Okay Volkswagen or you mean thefwis for that, Arthur's sister.
Speaker 7: D W.
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm gonna when you're walking down this Here's what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do tonight. If it gets awkward.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have my phone in my interesting case and be ready. If it gets super awkward and there's just a bunch of silence, I'm gonna look over at Mark Parrish and I'm gonna stand up and i'm gonna fake record him and I go excuse.
Speaker 1: Me, everybody, and then just walk him out of the bar. And that's my new favorite bit. I just I can't stop.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do this.
Speaker 1: He excuse me, everybody.
Speaker 3: Guy, I'm gonna stay at and look at an empty chair and go, does anybody see Mark?
Speaker 1: Is he here.
Speaker 4: Did he make it?
Speaker 1: Did he did he go to Detroit Lakes?
Speaker 2: I believe, in all honesty, I believe he is not attending the dinner because I think he's coming in late. He's a late arrival tonight to Duluth. Uh if I recall, I think it's his anniversary or something. Oh, is that accurate?
Speaker 1: I think you are correct. It's something like that. So he's gonna make it to Duluth, just very very late, so he'll be in the hotel. Maybe, No, that'll be you. It's my atturn of year, turn.
Speaker 9: Yours.
Speaker 2: I think four games in the World Cup today, the Czech Republic takes on South Africa, Canada and Katar, Mexico and South Korea, and then Switzerland versus.
Speaker 1: See. I always thought it.
Speaker 2: Was like Bosnia Herzegova or something like. Yeah, but it's HER's a Govinas, So whatever Bosnia versus Switzerland.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this.
Speaker 4: This is real.
Speaker 3: This is a good One's talking to Dwyer Brown yesterday, Raycincilla about the scene, the habitatch scene, the one he's most famous for, and he told me all of these fascinating facts.
Speaker 4: This is two minutes long, but I promise. It's worth it. Everybody stay with me.
Speaker 9: What's interesting is a few people know that that my father, my real father, died thirty six days before I went to go shoot that movie. I'd already been cast in the movie, and I went to go visit my parents on our farm in Ohio on my way to Iowa, and my dad died the night I arrived, suddenly, unexpectedly. He was sixty seven, and you know, I was broken hearted. And you know, thirty six days later, I find myself walking out of the corn playing, you know, the dead father of a son to have a catch. And what's interesting is I thought that I might be too emotional and I wouldn't be able to play the scene. But you know, I sort of had this feeling that my dad was free and that he was very happy to kind of be done with this kind of difficult life that my dad had. You know, so I just had to rely on my training, and I just tried to imagine what it would be like if I'd gotten a second chance to you know, kind of tell my dad the things that I wanted to tell him and you know, have a catch with him in a way that was you know, kind of Magical, and so it wasn't that hard for me to feel that the most difficult thing was is that scene because they had decided to shoot it at Magic how or those fifteen and it's a golden light after sunset. We had to shoot it for two weeks, essentially a line at a time. By the time we got everything set up down on the field, you know, and the light was perfect, they'd say action and I'd say, is this heaven? And they'd say, do it again, is this heaven? And then you know, the light would there wouldn't be enough light left, and the next day we'd have to come back and they'd step the whole thing up again and turn around on Kevin and he would say, no, it's Iowa, No, it's Iowa.
Speaker 2: You know. So not only did I have to.
Speaker 9: Get in that tentative little state of emotional availability, you know once for the scene, I had to do it, you know, every day, both Kevin and I had to do it every day for almost two weeks to get the whole scene in the can. And you know, when you watch it, hopefully you don't see those those seams that it was, you know, cut over two weeks of or shot over two weeks. And again I'm grateful that that that's the scene I'm remembered for because I really do feel like it changes people's relationship with their fathers and with their parents, and you know, with any number of relationships they have.
Speaker 4: What first of all, wow, wow, how about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And second of all, that scene is so perfect And to think that they shot it for two weeks, and that's the magic of movies, and that's the reason they give an Oscar for editing. You would never know that is not one scene. It's beautiful, right, you know, And I can see what he's saying. The lighting it's like and I know this is stupid, but you'll get what I'm saying, Cork, because you and I both like this movie fifty first Dates. When Drew Barrymore is running around at that golden hour, She's so beautiful in that moment. The lighting and that scene it's you know, it's the same with the scene they have a catch scene. The lighting and the time of day matters so much to that moment.
Speaker 10: Incredible now poetic that you know he I mean, it's so tragic that he lost to dad right before that, but for him to say at the very end that he feels like it helps people transform their own relationships with their fathers right after he lost his own.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: This is a good dude man.
Speaker 3: If you get a chance to buy a ticket again, there's a have a catch package for Sunday on Father's Day game don Saints Baseball dot com if you get a.
Speaker 4: Chance to go down. What a good dude man. It just seems like the kind of guy who'd love to sit and talk to you about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, why don't we break in case Tommy Brennan good calls right on time and Ben liber will be here in a second, but we should if everything goes right, We're going to.
Speaker 1: Check in with Tommy Brennan of Saturday Night Live after this. This is the power of Morning Joe on the van flowed them the one eight high