Speaker 1: Bonus Box is back on the fan.
Speaker 2: We have nine chances for you one one thousand dollars every weekday, that's every hour from nine am to five pm to a keywords and to learn more at a kafa n dot com. Bonus Box is presented by two men in a jump truck.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Power Trip Morning Show. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Here we are in love.
Speaker 3: Let us vegas.
Speaker 5: Not on breaking it down talking about that Vikings game as little as we possibly can, but getting you into the weekend and enjoying a beautiful morning at Tom's Watch bar here at New York, New York. It's our first time broadcasting here, and I am loving Are you guys loving it?
Speaker 3: Are we loving it?
Speaker 5: Huge crowd of people. I can't believe it. Johnny Bones, when you walked in here, were you surprised? Were any people here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm always surprised anybody ever listens to.
Speaker 3: He's right, He's right, right?
Speaker 7: And John, did you meet Ben John Bonus.
Speaker 5: It's a it's a crossing the streams is what's happening right here right now.
Speaker 8: So Bunny, you should say crossing. Oh I thought you say crossing the street, crossing the street, Corey, You'll be happy to hear that I got propositioned already here.
Speaker 4: How much was it?
Speaker 3: That's another bit that's on the show man.
Speaker 5: He's never been propositioned by a hooker, even.
Speaker 6: Though you know you have the serial killer vibe.
Speaker 7: Vegas fifty or sixty times. I come out and play poker all the time.
Speaker 9: So I'm in poker rooms a lot.
Speaker 7: I'm not at the bar bonus, okay, but I've never once been propositioned. I don't want to accept. I want to politely say no. Oh yeah, sure, I'll even tip them just to ask. But I don't want somebody to like I don't.
Speaker 3: Want to give him money, just send him my way.
Speaker 9: I just want to say no once. Well, so what happened?
Speaker 4: John was just crossing.
Speaker 6: The skyway bridge there and putting out the vibe. Of course, I can't, I can't. I can't turn it off, you know.
Speaker 8: Uh And young lady just said, uh, hi, as you're walking past, hey, how you doing. I'm fine, keep walking. She's like, can I come with you? And I'm like no, But I.
Speaker 6: Should have said this.
Speaker 8: I've got a friend I need you to.
Speaker 7: I don't want that. See, I don't want this setup I got. It's got to be your can't be real. Yeah, she said, Can I come with you? She said, yeah, we need the biggest crowd. Now introduce her to the Power to the morning.
Speaker 5: Just out of curiosity. I don't know how to say this and not be How were the soccers?
Speaker 8: Uh, a very attractive young lady, to be honest, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fantastic, very nice. I still I just my You gotta change your face.
Speaker 4: I be happy.
Speaker 3: You know, you have to look a man who doesn't enjoy sex.
Speaker 7: He's not wrong, it doesn't. She just enjoy money. Yeah, I look like I have no money.
Speaker 3: I think you.
Speaker 6: Look you look like you're a danger to yourself.
Speaker 4: That's what you were walking with me over here, so they probably thought you were just helping.
Speaker 5: Like the living dead. It looks like you haven't seen the sun in about eight years.
Speaker 9: Well, the sun gives you skin, can it does?
Speaker 7: My vitamin D is very low, but my basement is sixty two degrees and.
Speaker 4: I like it though.
Speaker 5: Way Johnny bonds Tonight the World Series begins. Can we watch it with you? I'd love to watch a baseball game?
Speaker 6: Sure, are you gonna watch it?
Speaker 8: Right here?
Speaker 3: Tom's watch?
Speaker 6: But absolutely where else would where else would I watch it?
Speaker 3: Do we have any chance of it not being the Dodgers?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 8: Boy, I don't know. They looked so good in the NLC. Yes, And they looked so good beating the Philly so I thought was also a really good team. If they're pitching, you know, it continues to be what has in over that it could be over and over fast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They gave them four runs to Milwaukee four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and the Milwaukee was an unbelievable offense. Think what I think the biggest thing surprised about that is Milwaukee was seen as a offense that was multifaceted. You know, sometimes you run into these teams like the twenty nineteen Trains, the Bomba squad, where they're so reliant on home runs. It's kind of like, yeah, but will that hold up in the playoffs?
Speaker 6: Right? The Brewers were scoring runs every which way.
Speaker 8: They're running with home runs, they've got the running, they've got, They've had so many different weapons at they're disposal to score runs, and they got nothing. So I'm not I think if I'm gonna lay down a bet, I'm probably laying a bet on the Dodgers to win that whole series, but I haven't really broken a down game by game to see see what we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: I got time.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna go see Tears for Fears?
Speaker 8: I think we are planning on going to see Tears for Fears. We haven't bought tickets yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, you want to go see Tesla instead?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, yeah, no, I'm sorry. I have no problem with Tesla, but I'm into Teers for Fear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just for Fears to be fun, because I've seen Tessel twice this year already.
Speaker 8: Sells Morris playing Oversid.
Speaker 7: She was just on the bridge, the walking bridge.
Speaker 3: That's why hookers don't like you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly. So.
Speaker 9: My friend Mike is a giant baseball fan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he was here last night for the watch party, and it was like the Spider Man meme. I'm like, you need to meet John Bonus. So it was it was like I was a matchmaker. I walked them both up to each other. I go, John, this is Mike, Mike, this is John. You kids have a lovely evening. I walked away and you guys talked for like an hour or not.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch the second half of the vikings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was just him.
Speaker 8: It was him and I talked you didn't miss the future of the Twins in the past, the Twins and well and break fact and arguing about stuff we I think we agree on ninety percent of the stuff, but boy can we argue about that other ten percent.
Speaker 7: It was really fun and you both laughed that Gleaman has him blocked on Twitter.
Speaker 6: It hasn't blocked on Twitter.
Speaker 7: So but you and Bet Mallor also have something in comics because Ben you have had right a pretty big website.
Speaker 1: I did back in the early two thousand, first ten years of the two.
Speaker 7: Thousand exactly, so that that was my first exposure to Ben Way before I knew you did radio.
Speaker 4: I remember the website.
Speaker 7: John Bonus has basically built a website empire.
Speaker 9: Maybe, yeah, maybe I need to push you two together.
Speaker 6: Just website can absolutely break that down beverage and.
Speaker 10: Then you can argue baseball for Bonuses browsers dot com.
Speaker 1: Now that's a that's a star.
Speaker 6: That's it all right? World Series.
Speaker 7: You like the Dodgers, You're going do Dodgers are unless in this the start?
Speaker 1: You know, if they get to the bull, the bull, Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Bullpens the Weeklyn they stuck.
Speaker 1: The rest of the team's great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I will be rooting for the Blue Jays, but yeah, I will be betting on the dot.
Speaker 4: What's going on somebody's birthday?
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, mother?
Speaker 7: We thought somebody maybe Atlanta's more such a swamp.
Speaker 3: That would be so sweet because we're meant to be together her And hey, who brings us the news?
Speaker 11: That is the World Juniors World Junior m men two six dot com best hockey tournament in the world, and it's going to be in Minnesota this winter.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's the sponsor for the news.
Speaker 5: And I'll give you one story. A new study shows that nearly one in five urinary tract infections I don't know what's going on in southern California is late to contaminated meat Kaiser Permanente, which I just found out a hospital.
Speaker 3: You just found that's a hospital.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a character for like a bad guy in a film. Yeah, Kaiser permanent Day. The research and found that the highest risk of.
Speaker 3: Food born E. Coli strains were in chicken and turkey. Sorry Corey, Yeah sorry. Women and older men were especially vulnerable.
Speaker 5: Vulnerable A neat sleep two food born ut eyes, with people in low income areas having a sixty percent greater risk than those who live in wealthier communities. Ut eyes are among the most common infections found worldwide.
Speaker 3: Ut iyes.
Speaker 9: You know, I hate them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I still think the funniest commercials on TV are those ones for you, Cora, where it's the couple that's like, I'm so.
Speaker 9: And so and this is my husband.
Speaker 7: Spencer and I had twelve UTIs in one year, so we came up with you, Cora, and I'm like, you guys go to Poundtown.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's such a flex to go.
Speaker 11: I had to invent a year for my Yeah, it was Spencer's contaminated meats.
Speaker 9: Yeah, of course, Spencer's just got his say, like, yeah, his.
Speaker 6: Feet picked up.
Speaker 9: Tell him about all your UTIs. It's the best commercial of all time and he's so proud.
Speaker 5: Florida's Magic Kingdom is the most visited theme park in the whole wide world. Zacho, Yes, that's according to the annual TEA Global Experience Index. Not only did Magic You even take the top of the list, Disney claimed four of the top five spots. The report was put together before Universal's epic theme a Universe theme park open, but for the top five Disney.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they print more money than the fed down there. Chris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild and.
Speaker 11: They they the reason why they keep increasing pricing our prices is because they're trying to get less people there because it is so crowded.
Speaker 4: But then people just are you seriously going, yeah.
Speaker 11: It's it is uh wow, the lines and everything.
Speaker 6: It it's amazing that.
Speaker 11: Even every all the bad press that they get for raising the admission, it doesn't doesn't make a difference.
Speaker 6: They still, like I said, print money.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Well and I said, what that was one last story? But I did just I want to bring something out Ben. So you yea, how often you come to Vegas? Are you here a lot?
Speaker 4: In a few times a year?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 5: Does it seem like it's slowed down like everybody says it, deesert is traffic, you know, less people in and out?
Speaker 1: No, it just annoys me.
Speaker 3: The parking you know, yeah, yeah, to be free like yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you get older and.
Speaker 1: Everything, they start charging nickel and diamondy. So but I love Vegas.
Speaker 3: I said, come all the time.
Speaker 5: I just bought because when I was out here, what a month and a half ago. I stayed down at the circuit. I was talking to a guy who was driving me out here in the uber because we were going down Las Vegas Boulevard on a Thursday night, and I said, I can't believe there's no traffic, and he said, it's definitely slower.
Speaker 3: There's less people than there used to be.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's a less but you know, it's fall because of the hockey team actually started. They had to charge for parking. They needed to make parking revenue. Yeah, that's what I was told when they put the hockey team, which is right over here the arena.
Speaker 1: And then everybody's like that said before that it was free.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, a major local company is seeing its stock jump after a good earnings report. Shares of Las Vegas Sands shot up by more than twelve percent after the casino giant told investors that it's investments in Asia are paying off, so they're doing better not because of Vegas, but because investments outside the country.
Speaker 6: I like that. Well, I tell you, I think I told you guys.
Speaker 8: We ended up getting a free hotel room and like from MGM rewards or something. Sure, yeah, And I have zero points with M Jim Rewards. I am in the Sapphire Club, which is what you the club you are put into at the very beginning of thing. And literally the morning that we were going to book our hotel here, I get an email saying you book any time before, like November thirty. First just get four complimentary nights. It was the Blagi was the New York Europe was free. MGM Grand was free Belagio. All you had to pay was the fifty five dollars night resort fee for each of the four nights. Almost all the MGM properties had this thing. And why I've got I can't emphasize enough how little status I have in the MGM.
Speaker 6: Grand Rewards, in the mg with Grand Grand Rewards.
Speaker 8: Thing, and so so so I believe that in fact they are reaching out to try and get people to come to Vegas, and all we.
Speaker 6: Were doing radio with a Sapphire.
Speaker 11: Clubs and speaking of overseas investments, if you go to MGM Grand right now, they have a room in the center of the casino and there it's a TV studio multiple like you've ever seen, like the online Blackjack and the online rely they have that there. Now it's not legal to do anywhere in this continent, but they feed it to the other side of the world and that's where they bet. So you can watch the live video blackjack dealers and the roulettes and and they even have like a family feud game.
Speaker 8: Now, yes, what you're gonna walk past the thing We just literally walked past for the first time ten minutes fifteen minutes ago.
Speaker 6: And yeah, it is.
Speaker 8: A glass maybe about the size of this room there are. It's divided into eight different rooms. They've got like a wheel of fortune. They've got some person talking sports betting. They've got cameras all over the place, people doing stuff, and there's no and they say streamings live from the Mmian grad twenty four to seven.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, Chris, you did it. It's didn't give us a U R L like to tell us, like how.
Speaker 4: We can pin it up. You can't do it here, you can't do it. Wow.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's worth checking out.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 11: That is going to be the next thing we saw how sports gambling took over. Sure, eventually it's going to be you sit at home and just playing your phone.
Speaker 3: That'd be great for us. That's just great.
Speaker 5: All right, break time we come back do you guys remember Cale, our buddy who was on the plane.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, crashed.
Speaker 3: He's sitting right over there.
Speaker 6: Oh man, and he had.
Speaker 5: He's been on a plane now twice since that happened. We're going to talk to him find out how.
Speaker 9: To wins so bed You remember that was it Toronto?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the one that flipped flipped upside down?
Speaker 4: He was on that flight.
Speaker 3: Yes, So he'll give us an update of how he's doing right after this.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 7: So he's been on a plane since final when he's here, I don't think he throws.
Speaker 3: He flew in.
Speaker 4: Flight since the last crash.
Speaker 6: Lending counters up to two, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, So I guess it can't happen again.
Speaker 4: Right, I would think so.
Speaker 6: Man, that's pretty good.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 7: Ben Maller is here, John Bonus is here. We're playing issues in about an hour. Yeah, one hundred and two thousand dollars potentially up for grabbing the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials. Jack hot more The Power Trip after this live from Las Vegas, Tom's watch bar on the van.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to The Power Trip morning shall again we're live in Vegas. These are some hardcore people out here, the hardcore power trippers are with.
Speaker 3: Us, and I'm so grateful to all of you for coming out here.
Speaker 5: Legitimately, we did not expect this kind of crowd, and we tried something new.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, we're Tom's Watch Bar, so that's brand new. Really loving this brand new venue for us number one, number two. Normally we put a whole package together and have people come out with us, but this time we said, just meet us there if you want to meet us there and look at you all you came.
Speaker 3: Thank you very very much.
Speaker 6: You all doing your Vegas your way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we did, Vegas your way.
Speaker 7: And shout out to Ben Mallor who know you a full shift and now he's doing basically our entire show for free, like he's doing a double shit.
Speaker 1: I'm just watching, I'm just observing. Yeah, Big Morning Radio.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah yeah yeah, your show four hours though, right, four so four hours you've only been here for two. You have like another hour and a half left. We're talking like seven and a half eight.
Speaker 4: Hours of radio one.
Speaker 1: I love radio.
Speaker 3: You guys are greatly you love radio.
Speaker 5: I want to talk to you about that at some point more because man sat off the air on the maybe maybe both because I want to talk to you where I can cry about how much I miss radio.
Speaker 3: I do you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But we'll talk more about that in a moment. Right now, though, I want to bring in a special guest.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Those you've out there listening, you may remember right after Delta Connecting flight forty eight nineteen crashed while landing in Toronto on February seventeenth to twenty twenty five, I got an email from a listener who said he was on that flight. Ladies and gentlemen, say hi to Kale right here. This is out Hey, good morning everyone. First of all, as I said to you last time, i'll say it again, I'm glad you're here. Man, I'm really happier with you. Want to bring that mic a little closer to you out there? Yeah, there you go, Thank you very much. All right, So again, Ben Mallard, he was on the flight.
Speaker 3: As you can see.
Speaker 5: If in case you need to remember what that looked like on Yeah, for people who are listening who maybe uh refresh their memory, tell us if you wouldn't mind reliving it for us again just one more time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: The circumstances. What you remember, what you saw, where you were at all.
Speaker 13: That, Jess, Yeah, I'll do it a lot quicker than I did.
Speaker 3: We got I got an hour and a half before I can gamble.
Speaker 4: Take your time, Well, then I'll fill the time.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, we you know, business trip going up to Toronto, and uh seemed like a normal flight.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 13: The one thing I forgot to mention last time I was on when I was in security the security line in Minneapolis, the guy behind me was PJ.
Speaker 6: Fleck.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, and I did you know, I kind of recognized. And then some guy came up and was like, hey, great season coach. You know this is three months after the season. And then when he started talking, it was like, oh PJ. Fleck, Yeah, I thought that was going to be the most interesting part of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, but it was not.
Speaker 13: But yeah, so we we know, everything seemed fine, you know, coming in nice day, it was a little breezy, like I said, and then as soon as we hit we immediately you know, rolled over and did a spin and jet fuel everywhere and the wings off and you know, the inside the plane. You know, we didn't know what was going on, but you know, like I mentioned last time, you know, everybody was incredibly helpful of each other and making sure people were, you know, able to get out of their seats from being upside down. And it felt like a forever amount of time.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 13: What I read and the initial report that came out is that from the point that happened to when we got out was like ninety seconds.
Speaker 4: It felt like about ninety minutes.
Speaker 13: Sure, but yeah, we we got out and then spent about an hour on the tarmac and you know, bust around and whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was quite a day.
Speaker 3: I seem to remember.
Speaker 5: I think one of the things I regretted not talking about last time were there kids on the flight?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There was just one? Okay, I think I think we did talk a little bit.
Speaker 13: That was one of the things when when I got home that my son was really like asking me a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Were there any kids on the flight?
Speaker 13: And and thankfully, you know, it was a Monday, so a lot of business travelers, so mostly adults, but yeah.
Speaker 4: There was the one child, and yeah, you know.
Speaker 13: Thankfully everybody walked off the flight or the plane on their own two feet, which I you know, again having I know, you just showed them the picture and yeah, you know, having seen those and having lived it that that was quite a quite a miracle in itself.
Speaker 5: I know, you've been doing a lot of things for your mental health and I applied you for that, and I hope you're doing well. How hard was it to get on the flight to come to Vegas for the Powers of Morning Show?
Speaker 13: It was easier than the flight that we took back in May. That flight was you know, I told my wife and over hear it that back then that was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, was to get on that flight. It did not I mean, you know, we we went up, we landed there. That part was fine, But for me, that was it did not go as I had hoped it would go. So, you know, as I mentioned to you during the break, you know, I have been seeing a new therapist. He's been fantastic and so I really felt like coming into this I had all the tools to you know, get through the flight and it went well. I was very happy with that. We're actually we came in on Tuesday, so we're leaving later today. I feel good about the flight home. It helps that the weather's been good, so you know, don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: I've been dominating conversations.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying not to cough into the mind.
Speaker 13: Time every time I come on, he's had a rough time.
Speaker 4: Last time it was the scheme in his back.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to see you, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously, when something like that happens, do you think at some point in your life it will just kind of go back to how it was getting on a plane or that always has.
Speaker 13: To be in the back of your mind, right, I'm I'm My assumption is it'll never be like it was before. My hope, you know what I've told my therapy. My hope is just every time it gets a little easier. So you know, again, what I had to do to prepare to get on the flight out here, it was a lot of work, and so my hope is it's not that much work every time, because it was a lot, but it made the experience, you know, as as good as it could have been.
Speaker 5: Is it part of your therapy that your wife say quickly and as much as she says that to you, because I.
Speaker 3: Don't I can't believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, not yet. Maybe that's coming.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you, last time she was on, she said a cuss word on the air, so we kept her way over there off the microphone. But I'm really glad you're here. I really really have I wish you weren't leaving the night so we could have some drinks together and hang out.
Speaker 3: And we'll do that sometime soon.
Speaker 13: We will, well, we'll still we'll hang around for a little bit, but.
Speaker 4: It'd be great.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get weird after the show. Are you independently wealthy right now? Did you make seventy million.
Speaker 3: Dollars off the airline or is that something maybe you can't talk.
Speaker 13: About right I am not. We haven't made anything. There's been, you know what I canch like, there's been. You'll you'll see things in the news like there was a flight attendant that was not working but was.
Speaker 4: Whatever they call when she was going to a different place.
Speaker 13: Say yeah, yeah, And you know, she filed a lawsuit for like seventy five million dollars and that's just absurd, Like that's not going to happen.
Speaker 6: But at this point, it's so early.
Speaker 13: In all of that stuff and they haven't even released the final report yet. So we're probably years away from anything, which you know, we we were not like planning for whatever. You know, whatever happens happens and and and we'll we'll make decisions then. But no, I'm not independently wealthy like John Ponaz.
Speaker 3: Well, when you are, please let us know. We like you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some hookers out here. I want to I heard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's great to see you. Man. I appreciate kill everybody.
Speaker 5: Let's make it, see it. I would be in a Mustang driving home. There's no chances. Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine.
Speaker 4: He told us the first time they all drove back, a bunch of them, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right. They bust them back. Yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 11: And just calling your wife and this being like, you'll never believe who I saw at the airport.
Speaker 4: Also yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Don't you wish we'd rowed the boat actually? But so yeah, there you go. But that was the That was our sports up date for this segment. We'll do sports, sports, sports.
Speaker 4: I got some sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good, well we'll do that after the breaking.
Speaker 5: Will do some vikings news as well, even though we don't want to, but we'll talk about that Vikings.
Speaker 3: Loss, and uh, there's really not much to say.
Speaker 5: And then they got whooped and we know that JJ is going to be your quarterback in the next game.
Speaker 3: So that and much much more after the greatque you.
Speaker 7: Can always you can always tell if the bikes one based on how little we talk. I know, yeah right, if they had like one in dramatic fashion and come back, we'd be doing three and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Now it's like, who cares.
Speaker 7: Let's talk that Geezer bandit and upside down planes and PJ Fleck and Zach's cowboy whatever team there is?
Speaker 10: Whoa that was the Twitter.
Speaker 3: I believe that's the first cowboy.
Speaker 7: Ben Mallers here, John Bonus is here, will play initials. Uh at eight fifteen, I almost keep saying six fifteen because we're Vegas and we're almost there.
Speaker 3: Baby, it's almost gambling time.
Speaker 4: It's almost gambling time.
Speaker 9: We're gonna gamble. Half the crowd here apparently has a birthday. The other half has a drinking problem.
Speaker 3: Let's see some birthday.
Speaker 6: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Let's see the middle of that bag.
Speaker 7: I want something more of the power Tip Morning Joe Live from Tom's Watchbar.
Speaker 4: After this.
Speaker 3: How are we doing over here?
Speaker 5: To the right, everybody wears us hair and Las Vegas about everybody good?
Speaker 3: Feel a good up there? Hi, Welcome back to the Partchrip Morning Show again.
Speaker 5: We're live at Tom's Watch Bar inside New York New York Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, and thank you everybody for coming out here. We've got a cast of thousands on the dais and we're gonna be playing the initials less than an hour from now, looking and looking forward to that, especially because Ben Mallin's up there.
Speaker 3: He's excited to play in Johnny Bones.
Speaker 9: You want one, get.
Speaker 4: One, You'll get one.
Speaker 3: You'll get be a natural. You might be a natural.
Speaker 4: No chance you'll get one.
Speaker 1: You guys are animals. I listened to the last couple of episodes.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, you know, yeah, we're animals in a lot of ways.
Speaker 4: But I just think we'll see.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I need a nap.
Speaker 7: During the break, Ben Maler's lovely wife just said something interesting. John Bonus apparently has nice shoes, which I didn't know he wears.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, that's so.
Speaker 7: Her theory is that I'm not getting propositioned by prostitutes because.
Speaker 9: Of my shoes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably, Yeah, that could be. I told her these are like twenty three dollars at Target.
Speaker 4: What are you? What are they?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 9: They're like some generic white uh hush puppies. So she thinks it's the shoes. It's gotta be the shoes.
Speaker 3: That's very kind of you. Yeah, we know it's not the ship stop that the.
Speaker 6: Saucer would be proposition twenty four to seven.
Speaker 10: Boy, Yeah, I have pretty nice shoes, and I also look like Shreks, So.
Speaker 7: Nobody, what else do you look exactly like?
Speaker 10: I look like the hunchback of Notre Dame fresh out of the bell Tower.
Speaker 7: What else do you look exactly like Grimace on a bad day?
Speaker 3: Well, all right, we need to do some sports.
Speaker 4: Nail dick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this one's brought to you by our friends at have been around dot Hunt.
Speaker 4: No, it's all around, all the time for a fan five.
Speaker 3: All over your timber tech deck.
Speaker 9: I was trying to find what else is exactly?
Speaker 10: Vikings got embarrassed by I can't you can't hear Brett?
Speaker 6: I can't.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't hear it. Yeah, run, that's my bad, Okay, I didn't mind you to hear Brett, you.
Speaker 9: Get started again, talk right over and that was the best.
Speaker 3: These people are waiting on him.
Speaker 9: I mean Blake, Yeah, Blake, Brett, Blake.
Speaker 4: Thanks, I can't hear you. Thanks, No, don't worry about it.
Speaker 10: The Vikings got absolutely embarrassed by the Chargers thirty seven to ten.
Speaker 4: Wentz was sack five times. He was fifteen to.
Speaker 10: Twenty seven for one hundred and forty four yards a touchdown, an interception. The Vikings ran for a total of thirty four yards. Brian O'Neill didn't play. Darrisack took himself out after the first series. Herbert threw three touchdowns. We could talk more about that in a minute. But your Vikings battle the Lions a week from Sunday at New and pregame at ten. The Lions are already at eight and a half point favorite.
Speaker 4: So ben No.
Speaker 7: One of the other running jokes on this show is that Sauce does his prep not just by writing in his tats, he writes out his own script.
Speaker 1: So if you just see, that's very interesting.
Speaker 7: If I'm going to scroll back up, look, the Vikings got absolutely embarrassed by the Chargers. Went with sa I just said all that leads it was a total dismantling standing. Brian O'Neil didn't play Darisaw played a quarter.
Speaker 9: Herbert he scripts the whole thing out.
Speaker 1: In the international broadcast.
Speaker 4: Hey right there. I don't want to show up and just read the newspapers. The man is prepared, the man if we could.
Speaker 6: If there's one thing Saw stands for, it's preparation.
Speaker 9: But if we do the total dismantle we do these, I'm prepared.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be the reason we don't get to show up. I take a lot of pride in that.
Speaker 11: But if we could hack into your phone and without you knowing, change that script, would you Ron Burgundy?
Speaker 7: Oh sure, for sure, let's do this here, Ben take his phone. Why don't you read some.
Speaker 6: Of his next sports stories?
Speaker 9: What else he got?
Speaker 1: But the Wolves battle the Lakers tonight.
Speaker 11: Battle bat like battle good.
Speaker 1: The Wolves are one and oh the Lakers are on and one.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, and the Wolves are three and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: That was an honor. You're a runter. I got to hold his ball.
Speaker 1: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Wolves.
Speaker 7: Battle the Lakers tonight at nine o'clock the Wolves are one and oh the Lakers are on and one. The Wolves are three and a half point favorites. It will be a total dismand.
Speaker 9: Oh that's a big one.
Speaker 4: Check this one out.
Speaker 10: The Gophers battle the Hawk guys tomorrow at two thirty pregame at twelve thirty.
Speaker 4: The Hawk guys at eight and a half point.
Speaker 8: Now we're talking, oh man, and will we be watching that here, Jess, Yeah, we will.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But who should I bet on? That's what I need to know.
Speaker 10: Well, I would take that on the golphers, baby, the golfers.
Speaker 4: I was about to get rolled the boat race.
Speaker 6: I've already taken the other side.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I have, and I got it, And I got it from Tommy straight up.
Speaker 6: I heard that.
Speaker 11: Yes, that's the only thing Tommy's giving up given straight up in years.
Speaker 7: It's not like Kurt Parents was behind Kal at the security.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you man that one.
Speaker 5: It seems like a lot to me, especially because Iowa doesn't score a lot of points anyway. Yes, I would take the Gophers if you're getting eight and a half points. If I were betting on sports here in the sports.
Speaker 10: Book, I don't over unders. What is it thirty thirty eight and a half thirty eight and a half.
Speaker 4: They under.
Speaker 3: I take the under on that too, But why they'll both.
Speaker 4: Score a half under correct? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't bet on sports. I only gamble on those slot machines. And they're coming by name, I'm coming baby.
Speaker 4: I'm a wild host the Mammoth tomorrow at five. You can hear that.
Speaker 3: What in the hell is going on on the ESPN right now?
Speaker 6: Ear pulling?
Speaker 3: They got rubber bands on their heads?
Speaker 6: Oh ear pulling?
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, the eyeball.
Speaker 11: This guy's a sponsor to describe over're watching, it's two people face to face.
Speaker 10: Made that face last night and Spencer's car old face to old face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at that.
Speaker 11: And they've got rubber bands around their ears. Your ears off and they're pulling back and the winner apparently is the one who keeps the rubber band around their ear.
Speaker 7: Oh man, you know what sucks is all of these guys have been propositioned by prostens.
Speaker 9: My shoes on, Their shoes are on standing.
Speaker 4: They had strong ears.
Speaker 9: I don't have strong ears here pulling, I.
Speaker 3: Interrupted you, but I'm sorry that grossed me out. But we saw just.
Speaker 4: About the Wild hosting the Mammoth tomorrow.
Speaker 3: The Mammoth was great name.
Speaker 11: I like, Jutah give me two points tomorrow for the mythical mammoths.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the mythical mammoths.
Speaker 4: That's right, I did so. Utah is getting good. So they won last.
Speaker 10: Night, right, Yeah, and then the Dodgers Blue Jays World Series.
Speaker 4: Is tonight at seven.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are minus one fifty to win the game and minus two fifteen to win the series.
Speaker 4: Ben Mallard, Yeah, they're gonna win the World Series.
Speaker 1: I agree, But five games going five for the dog.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's probably the more interesting, isn't It's probably how how fast?
Speaker 6: How fast will it end? I'm giving I'm going I'd maybe go six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it goes back to Toronto.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I'd like yeah, I'd like to see that. Yeah, you'll see I'm there.
Speaker 3: I see another game out of Otani, like we saw unbelievable.
Speaker 6: That would be fun about that, like that that was a great game.
Speaker 4: He was kind of he was getting a fair amount of publicity.
Speaker 6: He was kind of struggling in the posts.
Speaker 4: Why that happened?
Speaker 1: He was bad last year too in the World Series. Yeah, well they won, but he didn't do much in the real series the Yankees.
Speaker 8: But yeah, it was nice to see that incredible display.
Speaker 1: That's every thing. You don't remember the bag, you only remember the one game. Yeah, that's the great thing.
Speaker 4: That's what we do as Vikings fans spiking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well listen, you know, back to that for a second, because it's Vikings. He's brought to you by friends of Radco, your trunk accessory pro store.
Speaker 3: Thank you Ragcoe for bring Radco. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: The Chargers held the ball for thirty nine minutes game four hundred and nineteen yards, converted.
Speaker 3: Nine of its thirteen third downs.
Speaker 4: Oh that'll kill you, I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, keep going, bro, and then outgained the Vikings two hundred and seven to thirty four on the ground in rushing yards thirty four thirty.
Speaker 12: Four, and the Chargers got killed by the Colts like four days ago.
Speaker 4: He looks like they didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, they found out how to run the ball against the said Daniel.
Speaker 4: Seven Danny dimes.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, we used to have we had them for a few months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for six weeks actually, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Carson Wentz, who played with a harness on his left shoulder, came off the field and obvious pain several times, was sacked five times, hit eight times, went fifteen for twenty seven for one hundred and forty four yards and a touchdown and an interception before he's pulled for Max Brosmer in the final DriveH saw So eleven hours ago, you tweeted a picture of your kid with the caption he could get a third.
Speaker 4: Down stop about four people.
Speaker 10: Then about four people said on that tweet that kid could catch multiple foul balls with that.
Speaker 4: Hat, lying all that's you're at.
Speaker 6: It's Louis, it's Louis, it's Louis.
Speaker 4: Louie thought was lying on how how is your beautiful wife? She's great. She'll be watching and listening to.
Speaker 3: It, waiting and watching him, wondering why yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no. The they just got run over me this night. It was not good.
Speaker 10: The offensive line didn't help, playing all those different second and third string guys.
Speaker 4: But the Chargers are also playing backups.
Speaker 10: Joelt is out a position, the guy Mackay Beckton who played for the Eagles last series he played. They they're all backups on that line, and they would we get one sack, maybe two.
Speaker 6: You would have thought they under was a fairly safe bet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right, Yeah, I was not. Don't you speak all day about the injuries on offense. The disappointing thing for me was how badly our defense bat.
Speaker 3: And I'm still shocked by that.
Speaker 4: Very bad. Yeah, they get exposed.
Speaker 7: Hey, Ben, I we have we have Jonathan Grenard of the Vikings on our show every week.
Speaker 9: Great dude, he's a piece too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I heard you bring up something last week, so I asked him about your I quoted you.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I love when.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because because when we obviously we were previewing Thursday's game last week, you were talking about how the Thursday games used.
Speaker 6: To be terrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the players used to complain, and.
Speaker 7: You suggested that the players may have been told shut up and stuff. What I've heard really, so that was somebody told you legitimately the players were told stop complaining.
Speaker 1: Well, some of the high profile as For years, it was every.
Speaker 12: Week it was like these games that we don't want to play or risking our health.
Speaker 1: And you haven't really heard that. The last about a year or so, it's been rather question.
Speaker 4: All the games have gotten better.
Speaker 7: What he said, he said, he said he's never he been told that, and he hadn't heard of that, but he I thought he answered it honestly, he's always he seemed to not serve the question, but he had not heard that.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Grenard, he left the game. Yeah, yeah, any update on that.
Speaker 3: No update, not that I can tell you. And uh, but it didn't look good.
Speaker 5: I'm worried about that, very very worried about that. Yeah, but again, we have a mini buy. Essentially, we got a long, long run here up to playing in Detroit. Yeah, maybe one of the best teams in the league, probably one of the best teams in the league, So it's gonna get tougher. But again, at this point, I think the thing we can all be excited about is we are going to get a chance to see JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Play quarterback for the rest of the season, probably for.
Speaker 5: The rest of the season behind a very beat up offensive line, as we all very much know. But at least we're going to get an idea and let the kid have some growing pains and let him sit in there and learn how to play quarterback in this league to find out if he's got it.
Speaker 3: We got to know if he's got it. We've got what a rookie deal is, a four year deal, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you could pick up the fifty year exactly.
Speaker 3: Yes, So we got to know if he can play or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well said, yeah, what do you.
Speaker 3: Think, Ben? Come on, break it down for me, tell me we have hope.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 9: I haven't seen much yet.
Speaker 3: Let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen much yet.
Speaker 6: And it's not trending in the right direction.
Speaker 8: No, it's feeling it's falling apart here, Zach JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 4: I have not.
Speaker 6: Seen much yet either.
Speaker 4: Right, Yes, I would love to see more.
Speaker 3: You got to see he's.
Speaker 1: Got to be a spark somewhere.
Speaker 4: We'll get excited about what you've seen. So I saw that first game.
Speaker 9: And then he's the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: That's it, and he's been He was horrible against Atlanta, who has a great defense.
Speaker 10: You can't take that away that that defense of Atlanta is really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, we had justin school and Walter Rouse had tackled yesterday.
Speaker 3: We had C. J.
Speaker 5: Ham who did not play. We lost our big tight end early in the game. So we're hoping for Josh Oliver. We hope it's not as bad. In fact, I believe coach said in the locker room, I don't know if this is on the air not, so I hope I don't get in trouble for it.
Speaker 3: I believe he said that.
Speaker 5: The x rays looked okay when it came to in the press. Okay, good, So that's good news. So maybe we'll be a little healthier. But we've got to find a way to protect that young quarterback and give him time to learn how to be quarterback. But regardless, we're gonna be able to see it for the rest of the year. That's something to get excited about. Hey.
Speaker 7: Also, by the way, not that it matters when you lose by twenty seven, but how often have we seen Will Reiker come up shorts?
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 7: Like that was a good three or four yards short and it's there's no wind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 7: It was right online, sitting here at Tom's watch bar, watching and they're like, oh, he just bombed that one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's easily through. And then they said no good.
Speaker 4: I'm like, how is that no good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then the replay like, oh my god, that's not even close.
Speaker 3: It's so used to being automatic for.
Speaker 9: Him, No automatic.
Speaker 7: That was super weird to see him not be good from fifty two or three or whatever it was.
Speaker 6: That was fun.
Speaker 9: So they had a fun game.
Speaker 5: Though, No, it was not fun at all, and that's why we haven't spoken about it. He had this much this morning. But don't worry because we've you know, we're less than a half hour away from the Initials game now, so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, all right, when we come back, we're supposed to do sports.
Speaker 7: We'll probably do it for like twenty seconds and then we'll move on to some other stuff.
Speaker 9: We'll talk to Ben Mallard about the garbage.
Speaker 7: But in about twenty minutes we played Initials game number six hundred. It happens to be live from Las Vegas, Nevada, at Tom's Watch Bar. Your five competitors will be John Bonus, Zach Halverson, Chris Hockey, Meat Sauce, Paul.
Speaker 9: Lambert, and Fox Sports Radios.
Speaker 1: Yeah now, I'm in it.
Speaker 6: I'm in it.
Speaker 4: I got this and again.
Speaker 7: One, if you get a shot at one hundred and two thousand dollars, that's an insane amount of money, a life changer, hopefully for somebody.
Speaker 5: One A hundred three two zero five three two six. We don't say the number enough one in hundred three two zero five three two six even people here can call that number were already and you can win a lot of money and just lose it all right here in Vegas before you even go home.
Speaker 7: Now, the first time the jackpot ever went off, we were in Las Vegas, everybody screamed that.
Speaker 4: It was rigged.
Speaker 6: If it goes off my day, yes, it's totally rigged.
Speaker 9: If it goes off today, that's gonna.
Speaker 6: Be pretty conservatorial.
Speaker 4: Awesome, that'll be sweet.
Speaker 7: But uh hey, man, this placement erupt just like you did like four or five years ago.
Speaker 9: When Carl won thirty one thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 5: Dollars Tom's Watch Bar in Las Vegas, Levetta. You have it a good time, everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do this again soon, Yeah
Speaker 7: With John Bonus and Ben Maller and the rest of the Power Tramp mooning Joe Right after this on the fan