Speaker 1: Wait here, there we got suspense.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: We got two more rounds in the nonsense Lyrica category. All right, this superstar threesome has just about had it and can't wait till Friday. This superstar threesome has just about had it and can't wait until Friday.
Speaker 2: Bayley's Dailey, you're gonna bit first.
Speaker 4: Jeez, Okay, I'm gonna say I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 5: I think I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 2: Well, Bailey, var.
Speaker 1: Are you struggling as much as me?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I went in on this category.
Speaker 3: I made it harder because you guys usually like I can name that tune in one second, and then you do, right, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know that one, so Vaughan automatically gets the point.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. Rihanna, Kanye Paul McCartney. Four five seconds. Yeah, okay, Now the final, final round.
Speaker 2: Let me go.
Speaker 3: This song is Hope. This song is so hot, the mercury is rising. That's your clue. Nonsense lyrics, vaunt, You're up first. This song is so hot, the mercury.
Speaker 2: Is rising. This is a song, you know.
Speaker 5: I think I can name that tune in one second, Name That Tune, Come on, Baby Freddie Mercury Iconic Bohemian Rhapsody. O.
Speaker 3: Hey, you guys have a job. You need to figure out which song you to hear in its entirety. Okay, you're ready. Here are your options. Hmm Bob from Hanson super Califragilistic Xbiladocious featuring Julie Andrews as Mary Poppins. Mmm mmm mmmmmm from Crash Test Dummies, Hamster Dance, Oh Bloody oblao dah from the Beatles, smells like teen Spirit from Nirvana. Four or five seconds, Rihanna, Kanye, Paul McCartney, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
Speaker 4: Well, go ahead, Billy Jay, you won whatever you I did win. This song is dedicated to my sister Madison. This I'm choosing Hamster Dance.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, No, I love it for it. We'll do it next. I'm so glad Rich is out of town. He would never have never It's coming up next on kt w B. Yes Hampson Show. On kt w B, we played nonsense lyrics on Name That Tune a little while ago, and people brought up in break when we didn't get two for example.
Speaker 2: So tell me what you want.
Speaker 1: And then I'm blue.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of them. But you guys decided, I think Bailey did. I decided on what song? You take responsibility for it.
Speaker 4: I would love to hear a classic from my very very youth, dedicated to my sister Madison.
Speaker 1: This is the Hamster dance.
Speaker 2: Who okay, sorry.
Speaker 3: One time, one time, only three and a half minutes of hamster singing there. It is because Bailey requested a Hamster dance on kd WB. We had some feedback on the text line at KDWB.
Speaker 4: One yeah, here's this one saying my three year old is living for the Hamster dance song right now.
Speaker 2: Check this one out.
Speaker 3: I was about to change the station and return in three and a half minutes, but then I envisioned Bailey dancing and singing you along. Now I'm enjoying the Hamster dance. I love the whoo whoo reminds me of skating back when I was young. Thanks for playing it. Hamster dance still slaps with a five to seven year old. My kids love it. I knew it right away. This is exactly what I needed this morning. You guys just made by morning Bailey just broke my speakers. Hashtag hamster dance on blast Woo woo.
Speaker 1: Bailey should be suspended for this.
Speaker 2: You love it.
Speaker 3: I love it that nobody's going to sit there and jam with their windows open on a summer afternoon to hamster dance because you'd be embarrassed. But if it came on the radio, you'd be like, oh, just like it did. Now you're like ooh, like that's all.
Speaker 2: We gotta take a break.
Speaker 3: We'll be back in a second, running late, totally worth it back with You can't make this stuff up now, They asked the Internet, what is something that was supposed to be a phase but really was not tattoos. Back in the early nineties, tattoos kind of went more mainstream because before then it was like, if you were a navy veteran or a marine veteran or a badass biker, you get a tattoo. But then the tramp stamp came along, and then the sunburst on the belly.
Speaker 2: Button came along.
Speaker 1: Who has that?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot of women that have a belly button.
Speaker 3: What's funny is then they you know they well, they turned twenty, they were twenty three, and then they turned thirty three and had a baby, and now that sunburst looks like molten lava exactly.
Speaker 1: I don't do that at all.
Speaker 3: It just changes a little bit. But now tattoos, they're so mainstream. You got a dozen or more? Yeah, I've got three of them. Vaughan's gonna get a face tattoo, which I think is a really cool idea.
Speaker 5: A tattoo of your face on my face. Yeah, wouldn't that be cool.
Speaker 3: So tattoos, and I don't think they're going away. I think they're so mainstream now, but then again, in a generation that'll be.
Speaker 2: Like, well, that's what mom used to do, was tattoos. I don't want to do what mom used to do.
Speaker 5: So tramp stamp still a thing or is that still so two thousand and two?
Speaker 1: I think they I think they still are.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're like as a cookie cutter as it used to be, like very you know, Britney spears, tramp stamp kind of the squiggly lines. Now it can be like anything you want it to be. But I mean people still get their backs tattooed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was still and I'm still. I don't think that I'll do it because I don't. I think I'd regret it was getting a giant Pillsbury dough boy on my back.
Speaker 5: You were thinking about it for real?
Speaker 3: I really was, because it was like, I'd love to be at like Wisconsin Dell's at the Kalahari and have people going, look at that guy's that is that a Pillsbury dope boy on his entire back And I don't have to show it if I don't want to, but it would probably hurt a lot and cost a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Often do you go to the Wisconsin Dell's or Kalahari?
Speaker 2: Was every two or three years?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 4: I don't know, just I thought that was just a random example, like you don't ever go there.
Speaker 2: I love Wisconsin dell Oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: So the one brightly colored hair still doing it twenty five years later. It used to be like, oh, you dye your hair blue. And I used to look at kids that dye their hair blue at it like you got bad parents. You have parents that are so stupid they let you dye your hair blue. I agree, yeah, well, and and that was my thing twenty five years ago. Now I don't care. It's even in my book. It's in my book take a shower, Take take a shower, show up on time, and don't steal anything. That's my book. And I said, don't let your kids dye their hair blue.
Speaker 2: But now I don't care. I've changed my mind. I don't. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think if you're gonna dye your hair a weird color, you should do it when you're a kid, because you can't like, you might get a job as an adult and you can't have pink hair.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot of people with pink hair that are jobs that have jobs. Right.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I know people have jobs of pink hair. But you might have a certain job that doesn't allow you to have pink hair. But when you're a kid you can have I know, I know. But when you're a kid, you can do whatever you want to your hair because you don't have to worry about your job.
Speaker 5: I had a friend who she had red hair and it wasn't like an outlandish it was like regular, you know, regular shade of red hair. And she worked at I won't say it, but it's like a local restaurant and they were like, nope, you got to diet black before you work here. It was like, what, oh interesting, respectively, it was like a minimum Wade's job, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not worth me dying my hair, right.
Speaker 3: Other things that was supposed to be a phase but was not. Pokemon years later, they're still big, maybe not like the craze that they were at one point. You know, Beanie babies came and gone, came and went, but Pokemon is still a thing. Another one Spider Man, but personally I don't care. But people say, you know, they're still cranking out the movies. So gaming, you were supposed to grow out of it, but here you are with a PlayStation five and Nintendo switch to, So gaming is still a thing.
Speaker 1: Do you play your switch to?
Speaker 2: I haven't played in a while, but i'd still do yet.
Speaker 3: I got Plans Versus Zombies a couple of months ago, and I played it all through Christmas vacation. But there's one level that I can't beat, oh buddy, and that's the worst. It's like, oh and another one. K Pop was supposed to be a phase, but it is absolutely not. But again, all of these things could be cyclical and in another ten twenty thirty years, people be like tattoos. Huh, that's what old people do. So all right, what do you think we have Dave's Dirt coming up in a second on kd WB or one of where Jenny is. Jenny is in yep, that's in Dominican Dominican Republic.
Speaker 5: Okay, a right, Maybe you want to give away some ConA Gray tickets, No, keep them, play the.
Speaker 2: Song, all right, get away.
Speaker 3: Conan Gray tickets ConA Gray Target Center, February nineteen. You can also win by signing up on the page that nobody knows about. It's the contest page KDWBT dot comm slash contests. You can go there and trust me, maybe four or five people sign up for things on the contest page because they think they're never going to win.
Speaker 2: But you have a really good chance to win.
Speaker 3: So there's my radio secret, my what is that called the industry industry? But but you can go on KWBAT dot com slash contest and sign up.
Speaker 2: But call me now.
Speaker 3: We'll give those two a random number caller at six five, one, nine eight nine k d w B and Dave's Dirt. Right after the weekend and.
Speaker 6: The shows and movies that we're watching, it's Dave's dirt on kd w B.
Speaker 3: It's just kind of one of those trashy trash I call him trash with cash. Victoria Beckham is to me the ultimate example of trash with cash. Yeah, and I don't know much about David Beckham because I don't really care about soccer. I respect it, but I don't care in the same way some people don't care about Majong. I'm over explaining things on us. Okay. So they they're mad at mom and Dad Brooklyn Becker as their son. They got married not too long ago, and I guess she got trashed, walked out on the dance floor, stole the thunder and then somebody said I think Mark Anthony was the DJ or the announcer and said, now the most beautiful woman here tonight Victoria Beckham. So the kids are pissed at mom and day. They don't want to talk to him anymore. Mom and Dad are like, screw you, we don't care. And it's like, okay, because.
Speaker 1: They do care because they keep bringing it up all the time, you know, crash.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now somebody wants to buy the rights to their wedding video and they're saying they're not selling it. I'm going to bet you that they will. Once mom and Dad's cash drives up. Once that soccer money and that you know, like girls money no money drives up, They're going to be selling it all over the place.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure if that soccer and spice girls money is going to try up. Unfortunately, Ethan Hawk is going to be in a new movie and he was recently interviewing. Interviewed hypothesizing that the Mission Impossible series had a different effect on the industry than merely generating a lot of money. He says that Tom Cruise's stunt work has changed what's expected of actors, and quote says, the some part of me is getting angry over the years because everyone somehow feels like they're less if they use a stunt team. And so he's kind of like pooh poohing on Tom Cruise for doing all of his own stunt work, because it's like, hey, not everybody can do all their own stunt work, so stop it stunt teams, right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't you do the thing where he jumped the motorcycle over a canyon then had a parachute or something like that.
Speaker 2: That was like Tom Cruise doesn't.
Speaker 4: Tom Cruise does like all of his own stunts, and especially for like Mission Impossible.
Speaker 1: Some of those stunts are super.
Speaker 3: Dangerous motorcycle over the canyon right, or he's hanging off.
Speaker 5: The side of the plane. Yes, that was really I'm sure the plane wasn't flying, but like that was really him.
Speaker 1: That's really him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so Ethan Hawk is kind of like, hey, dude, stop it because you're making us look bad.
Speaker 5: Marcello Hernandez who we know from Saturday Night Live. He's the one that did the Domingo skit. He was on a Deck Shepherd's podcast and asked about dating Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: Are you not trying your hardest to marry her?
Speaker 2: I'm in a relationship, you are, Yeah, I'm in a relationship. Dominican Grocery's an architect. Oh she's Yale.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, okay, so yeah, but all right, but but Sabrina's all I just think it's weird to be like, so you're not trying to marry her? Like why I have no like cling prior. You know, he's a woman that I like.
Speaker 2: Who is dak Shephard? I know the name? What are they think for their actor.
Speaker 1: He's an actor. He's an actor.
Speaker 4: He's married to Kristen Bell, and they're kind of like I guess they're sort of famous as a couple for being like quirky and fun.
Speaker 1: But he's an actor. He's probably just not in a lot of.
Speaker 4: Stuff that you would know him from, but you learn you would recognize Kristen Bell.
Speaker 5: And he has a big podcast called Armchair Expert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. Travis Kelsey has withdrawn from the Pro Bowl Game. Despite this, fifty's given him the most fan votes for the second straight year. That was his eleventh Pro Bowl selection when in thirteen years with the Kansas City Chiefs. I don't know why he's withdrawn from the Pro Bowl bowl Game. It used to be kind of a big deal, but I think it's so diminished now that nobody cares about it. It used to be a regular football game between the AFC All Stars and the NFC All Stars.
Speaker 2: I know that's not what they call them.
Speaker 3: They call them All Pro, but I never watched it because it's all as you're boring, because they don't want to get hurt, and they're not playing very hard because they don't care. It's a trip to Hawaii, and a couple of million dollars.
Speaker 4: So Lady Gaga is singing the mister Rogers theme for a Super Bowl ads.
Speaker 1: It's a good women as well, say would.
Speaker 2: You be mine?
Speaker 1: Could you be mine? On you be my neighbor? Please? Won't you be my name?
Speaker 3: I don't think she's all being gracious and honoring Fred Rogers. She's doing it for the cash. It's an ad for Rocket Mortgage and Redkin. Apparently it's just a hair product that's weird. Interesting. Okay, So here is Lady Gaga. Not to jump on your cliff, please, but here is Lady Gaga talking about the legacy.
Speaker 6: Mister Rogers was so clearly someone that stood for something and it is power orful to think of what he would say right now, and it's kind of a special song to revisit at this time.
Speaker 3: He's probably pissed that you're using his song to hawk Rocket Mortgage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, probably is.
Speaker 5: As we're talking about Super Bowl ads, we've been debating whether or not we actually like the fact that they're up on YouTube and social media before the actual game. Here's Pete Davidson and Elsie Hewitt doing an ad for Sonic.
Speaker 2: I even mind that you're clearly smashed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I prefer you that way.
Speaker 2: I think it makes you better for some reason. When you're smashed, it's like tasteful.
Speaker 1: Exactly, all right, what it's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's not just a piece of meat, right.
Speaker 4: It comes with fries and a drinks and then delicious.
Speaker 5: Here's one for a with Anti Sandberg for Helman's mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 5: This is how I make friends.
Speaker 3: Somebody texted earlier and said, hey, I love that I worked for Hellman's Mayonnaise. I wonder if it's manufactured here. I mean, we're all over the world on iHeartRadio, so but I don't. I didn't know that it's manufactured here. Giant and manufactured here. Pillsbury is here, General Mills is here. Mister Bumble makes cereal, Mister bufactured here. So they do a lot of manufacturing here.
Speaker 4: They do manufacture here. Scotch tape and post it notes that's here too. I think three m they call it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what story.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 4: I can tell you about BTS, please do so they're come back tour. So all of BTS, they all just like got done serving their mandatory military time in Korea and their comeback tour is now completely sold out in both North America and Europe. So they're hitting the road in April. This is a global tour. It's going to be the largest in K pop history. Tickets went on sale last week and now all shows in North America and Europe have completely sold out. They're going to be in twelve cities and in North America and five in Europe. I have a friend, my friend Janelle is going and she is so excited, so thrilled.
Speaker 2: That's so cooling. And where are they planing they plan I don't know what.
Speaker 4: They're gonna I don't know if they're going to be here, but I'm sure the closest will be you all, like Chicago.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People are really upset about Harry Styles because his comeback is going on. He announced a tour which included thirty date residency at Madison Square Garden. Yesterday was I think one of the pre sales. I'm not sure for like international dates or what, but ticket prices were through the roof. They were fans who tried to get tickets during pre sale that noticed. Ranges were between fifty bucks to one thousand and one hundred and eighty two dollars, which included service fees and stuff. But fans began to notice that the price was going up and incredibly, and we talked about how this ticket scalpers. There's resailers, but it's just very, very discouraging for people.
Speaker 2: Trying to get take it.
Speaker 3: Really, yes, it's a racket, and I don't think the artists necessarily are culpable in this racket. But at the same time, I always feel like they could do more if they wanted to.
Speaker 1: Isn't hadn't Taylor Swift done something for it? Like Taylor Swift v. Ticketmaster?
Speaker 2: Well, there's two sides to that.
Speaker 3: I think there's and I don't have all the facts, but Taylor Swift has made an effort to get ticket trice prices under control. But at the same time people have said, if you really wanted to, then you wouldn't charge this much. Sure, and made billions off of your tour. Yeah, I mean touring is so interesting because that's how they make money now, touring and merch because people don't really pay for music anymore. You pay for Spotify and they might get like three cents a year for having a great song like the Fate of Ophelia. Yeah, that's touring and merches how they make their money. Extreme cold continues to grip much of the central that's US in eastern part of the country. Hundreds of thousands of homes in businesses still without power, and some outages expected to last for a few more days. The National Weather Service has tens of millions of Americans remain under severe cold alerts. A surge of Arctic air keeps temperatures well below freezing. It will get up to thirty three degrees a week from tomorrow. Yes, we're gonna be below freezing for another week.
Speaker 1: Did you say thirty three though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, I know that's gonna feel so nice.
Speaker 3: The cold patter is likely to stick around until next week. The deadly winter storm last weekend brought sleet, freezing rain, and heavy snow to much of the country. Resulted in widespread travel disruptions and knocking out powered about a million people. Also, a lot of people have died from Texas to Massachusetts, mostly because of hypothermia exposure or snow removal accidents. So if you got an elderly mom or dad, just caution them about trying to shovel snow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They also say, like awfully hard on the heart.
Speaker 1: If you're shoveling, you have to like start slow, like don't be like, oh I have all this.
Speaker 4: Energy, so shop shop shove, shove, shop shovel. Just like start slow and just stay slow. Slow and steady wins the race. As they say, David, I'd heard that.
Speaker 3: And in my book, take a shower, show up on time, and don't steal anything available on Amazon. They're there's a little it's little nuggets of just life hacks, and one is shoveling old person's driveway or sidewalk. Because here is, like, you know, sixty eight year old Margie coming outside with her snow shovel, and she's gonna die out there while you're looking through your window with a cup of hot chocolate. Gun, it looks like Margie died. So go out there with your snow shovel and say, Margie, I got this. Be a good human. You're always talking about what a good human you are. Yeah, while you're standing there with a cup of hot chocolate watching Margie.
Speaker 1: Die, go help Margie.
Speaker 5: I want to know if kids are going parents, please text it if your kids are still going door to door shoveling to make money. That is a lost art.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the.
Speaker 5: Lost art the kids used to go just door to door. Somebody needs their yard or driveway, their garage shovel. Yeah, just walk down the road, even if it's like in your neighborhood, just with a shovel. Somebody needs it. But if not, you're losing money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a kid and you live in my mom's neighborhood, go shovel her driveway.
Speaker 1: Give it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, that's such a great idea.
Speaker 5: And it's so much easier now because they have like electric shovels that you just hit the ground and then it shoots up like I've seen I don't know who I saw on Instagram. Like, it's just so much easier to shovel now then it used to be. Back at a day, very true. All right, that is the dirt on KDWB. We'll be back with something horrible that happened at dinner. What happened at dinner with the Boss will cover that coming up next on KDWB. If you need to reach out to us for anything for a birthday or a shout out or a question or comment, whatever, We're always here. The text code is KDWB one five three nine two one. Dave Ryan is on Instagram at Dave Ryan.
Speaker 2: Kd w b I one.
Speaker 3: If New Horizon Academy is on Instagram, they should be, but I know they're online New Horizon Academy dot net. And if you're looking for quality, that's such a loose term. I mean, seriously, like the best daycare childcare, New Horizon Academy is it for so many reasons. First of all, people love working there, so the teachers, instructors, everybody, from the people in the back who are cooking to the administrators. They love working there. They wont a Top Workplace Award winner nine years in a row. That is no coincidence. And they have state of the art, purpose built facilities that they specifically design them. There's one I'm not going to poke fund anybody, but there's a daycare that I know of that's an old Hearty's. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not specifically built as a daycare. These are designed for safety, exploration, and discovery, and it's why their schools are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. If you're not sold to go take a tour. Go on New Horizon Academy dot net right side of the screen, click on that tour button and take a tour.