Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again. We're getta running back to.
Speaker 1: Get in on the show called eight six six, not eighty seven, two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vasselas Day.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vase live in Milwaukee at American Family Field. After the Brewers beat the Dodgers tonight by a final score of five to one. We have phone lines open at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. I guess I'll just throw this out there right now. Do you think I should go down the slide again?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: This game was ugly from the Dodgers side. So if you got a baseball Dodgers take, I want to hear it. But I also want to know do you think I should go down the slide again? I guess the only way I would go down Bernie the Brewers slide again is if the players really rallied around me going down the slide. Now, mind you, my wife is very much against me. My wife is very much against me going down the slide, and it is possible she could change the locks on the house if she finds out I went down the slide on the way back. So when I get back from this road trip on Sunday night, I may have galvanized the team, but I may be locked out of my house after that. So there that's that's the pros and cons of me going down the slide, and of course the chance I might break my wrist and six ribs again. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. All right, I got the good, the bad, the ugly from this game tonight.
Speaker 3: The good is the Dodger bullpen.
Speaker 2: Al Gervaise and newcomer Jonathan Hernandez did not give up a run three scoreless innings between those two. So the Dodgers bullpen consecutive scoreless inning streak is now at thirty two. How about that. People call to complain about the bullpen time and time again, and the Dodger bullpen has been phenomenal. Thirty two consecutive scoreless innings without giving up a run. And there's been eleven different pictures now that have contributed to thirty two scoreless innings, So for me, that is the good. Also the good is Dalton rushing single in the sixth inning that snapped an oh for nineteen slump for Dalton Rushing, who got the start tonight behind the plate. If he would have gone over four, I would have hit the women and everybody else, the kids, I would have hit him. I would have hit everything else in that dodge your dugout. If Dalton Rushing would have gone over four because he was he kept his cool in Anaheim. I was right near the Dodger dugout for that series. But certainly he needed some hits and he got one tonight and he's going to get another start on Sunday because Dave Roberts said before the game today that Will Smith is going to catch tomorrow and that's the only game this series. Will Smith is going to catch because he feels like he needs to work on his swing, work on the hitting because it hasn't been there the last ten games or so. And I was surprised how candid Dave Roberts was. He fled out said in San Diego. The reason why he hit Smith seventh in that last game was because, quote, he's not hitting the fastball, and that's not something that we see from will Smith. He usually hits the fastball. So he had a day off yesterday. He was in the dugout during batting practice today. I asked him whether or not he's taken BP today. He said, nope, not picking up a bat today. So rest day today. He'll be back behind the plate tomorrow, and then on Sunday, Dalton Rushing will be back behind the plate. The ugly was that first inning, thirty eight pitch first inning for Justin Robleski gave up four runs in that first inning, and our guy Dwayne McDonald right next to me reminded me that those four runs in the first inning were as many runs as the Brewers scored in all of last year's NLCS. The Brewers, in the Dodgers four games sweep of them last year, only scored a combined four runs. Tonight, they scored four runs off of Robleski in the first inning, including three straight hits to begin the inning, culminating and William Contreras's three run home runs. So I told people I was asking Dave Roberts before the game, seeing what the temperature was from him and from others about this matchup for Robleski because he throws a lot of strikes and the Brewers are a team that hits for average. They don't strike out a lot, they don't hit a lot of home runs. So I just didn't feel like this style was a good matchup for Robleski against the Brewers, similar to you know, I would say the Braves. If he makes the throw in the second inning of that game, it goes differently for him. But tonight, I just felt like the Brewers, being such a contact driven team, it was not a good It was not a good matchup for him. And I guess the bat for the Dodgers is the fact Max Muncie had to leave this game after being hit by a pitch in the eighth inning on his right wrist. You don't want to see that, especially when the guy's still holding onto the bat. That's where bones can be broken. Dave Roberts said moments ago that the X rays came back, so that's a good thing. And months he's not going to play the next two games, and that's a big loss.
Speaker 3: Munsey.
Speaker 2: Arguably him and Andy Paiaz have been the two best hitters the Dodgers have had from start to finish where we're at right now or since the beginning of the season consistently, So that's a big loss. He means a lot to this lineup, and he's playing great third base. So that's a big loss in the final two games of this series, and you hope that he can come back Monday when the Dodgers return home to start a six game homestand against the Rockies and Phillies. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go back downstairs to the Dodger Clubhouse to hear from Max Munsey on sports and at LA.
Speaker 4: Well, not feeling great right now, but that is relief. You know, We've got a monitor in the next couple of days. Typically, especially in that area, the X ray's never come back positive immediately. It kind of forms a little bit, but I'm pretty sure it hit half my wrist pad and then half my wrist. You know, I haven't obviously, I haven't looked at it yet, but that's kind of what I was feeling, so I think, you know, me deciding to wear that risk guard last couple of years. It might have saved my wrist at least tonight.
Speaker 5: It's really painful.
Speaker 6: Just what was going for your head immediately?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 4: No, I mean obviously it was ninety eight on the wrist.
Speaker 7: It hurt really, really bad.
Speaker 4: You know, in that moment, you kind of just you're trying to figure out what you can feel, trying to assess how bad you think it is.
Speaker 7: You know, for me, I think we.
Speaker 4: Skipped the worst because I've been hitting that spot before and I've broken that spot before. The biggest thing I always took with me from that was just the nauseous feeling that you get, and I didn't quite have that tonight. So that's why I'm feel pretty optimistic about it.
Speaker 3: Did you want to.
Speaker 6: Stay in or is that kind of date that told you to come out?
Speaker 4: No, I mean just because of some of the things that I've happen in this year. You never know if you have to actually touch first space or not. You know, if you get pintran for you have to touch for a space. So like I looked at the doc and I was like, don't need to touch for space, and he was like, just go touch it, so.
Speaker 6: No, he pulled me immediately.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to risk it. And then you know, so it was just make sure, make sure he touched for his space because no one knows what the rules are in that situation. Twenty nineteen. You had the last time it hit there and just kind of yeah, that sounds right. Yeah, it's twenty nineteen and it was my right wrist. I've been hitting the left risk several times. You know, these things happened. Guys miss up and end. It's never on purpose, it just you know, it just happens.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Max Munsey on sports and at LA and that's a huge sire relief. That Monthsy feels like he dodged a bullet. So that's big news right there. Obviously it'll be sore tomorrow, he won't be in the starting lineup, but the Dodgers dodged a huge bullet right there. Months he fractures his wrist, he's out for at least a month, maybe more so, speaking from experience, when you break your wrist, you know it. In Milwaukee eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Long Beach Courtney, You're a Dodger. Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 8: Courtney, Hi, buddy, how are you feeling?
Speaker 3: How's the risk feel great?
Speaker 8: How are we checking in? Okay, listen, you've got to get back up on that horse. Buddy, You've got to do it again for us all. I'm not your wife, but I promise you. I think that you're going to be okay, and that we're all counting on you to make it down successfully a second time with no no casts involved.
Speaker 3: Okay. I love that vote of confidence, Courtney. If if the.
Speaker 2: Locks are changed at the house, I might be sleeping at Phil Trainey's in Long Beach.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, Well, you know I live closer to the beach, so we can figure out like a beach tent situation for you.
Speaker 2: You're not going to offer your couch. You're going to offer a tent on the beach.
Speaker 8: I went over the tent. Actually, I take that back. I do have a pool, so I can offer a floating in the pool.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like a waterbed.
Speaker 8: Yes, exactly. So maybe that's easing the injury. I don't know, but I believe in you this time around. I think that you're going to be okay, and I think that all of Dodger's nation is rooting for you, buddy. We're all here for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Courtney, thank you. I appreciate that. We'll see what happens eight six six, five seventy. That felt like a therapy session right there. Let's go out to kenan Newport Beach. Hi, Ken, you're on Dodger Talk. Do you want me to go down the slide again?
Speaker 3: Ken?
Speaker 6: Well, well, first of all, we'll tell you that that that girl we're just called it was really cool. I thought yourure for humors. No, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: Try to try to top it.
Speaker 6: I can't do not go down. I have acrophobia. I once got caught on a on a scheme in the mountains and I had to walk down. So do not do it. You made a mistake once. You're going to be a little bit. Let it go. Let it go. A couple of questions, man.
Speaker 3: Are these rhetorical questions?
Speaker 2: Is this where like when you start rattling off numbers on how bad certain players are? These are real questions directed towards me.
Speaker 6: These are rhetorical, stupid questions. Okay, I really don't understand what Mookie's doing run our first first inning, took three strikes and didn't even move the bat, and that was weird, the three of them in the middle, And I'm just sitting there going, what do you batting second for? With a man on first? And watching those I know he's still injured. I know he's maybe spending too much time with his guitar, but you got to swing the bat mook or a.
Speaker 2: Super And I would say that was his worst. That was his worst at bat since coming back off the IL. I feel like he's done pretty well. He's hit into some bad luck. He's hitting the ball hard, but I agree with you, I don't know how you take three straight pitches right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think that was the problem.
Speaker 2: Even James Loney said that during the broadcast the Dodgers, we were allowing this young right hander, Logan Henderson to to get deeper into counts. They were taking too many pitches instead of just trying to be aggressive early in the count, and that at bat by Mookie Betts kind of encapsulated the Dodgers tonight.
Speaker 6: I agree. And it's nice that what's his name to hit? He was betting one thirteen in his last fifteen games. With eighteen strikeouts. I don't think he's a major league hitter. The entire league figured out dultrone fastball, throw the curves and he won't hit him. I think you need she looking for Yep, terrible.
Speaker 2: Just you know, Rushing is one of the best hitters in baseball this year on off speed pitches. Ken, really, yes, batting average is uh is really high against off speed pitches, top five in baseball.
Speaker 6: Well I missed that one. That's surprising me. But anyway, you know, first game.
Speaker 2: No, let's not forget about facts. Yeah, let's forget about Thanks. I love you, Ken, Thank you for calling Dalton Russian. Will be back in there Sunday.
Speaker 3: Okay, Ken, I'll go down that slide.
Speaker 2: Do not do not okay, Ken, thank you for the phone call in the warning. Eight sixty six, seven seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Brewers tonight, five to one. And how about I'm not sure if you saw this on the broadcast or if James Loney and Tim never mentioned this during the game. Did you see those college kids up in the corner in left field take their shirts off and start chanting And they were the most entertaining part about this game from about the fifth inning on I guess it's called Tarp's Off. It started in Saint Louis a couple of weeks ago, and it, you know, a couple of different stadiums.
Speaker 3: It's happened.
Speaker 2: It's basically college kids that take their shirt off and start waving their shirts around. They were in the upper corner of American Family Field tonight. It was about three rows and by the sixth inning it had grown to the entire section. It was entertaining. They were channing Joey for Joey Ortiz. They were they they called bs on an overturned call at first base on ti Oscar Hernandez's infield single. They were the most entertaining part about the game tonight. And you know, outside of that for the Dodgers, there really wasn't much else. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions and payouts every race day for heart pounding action, new experiences. Visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. Also, it was great to get a visit from former Dodger the original number seventeen. Since when I first started in twenty twelve, he was wearing that number. Aj Ellis, who lives in Milwaukee. His wife was coaching a volleyball team, a girl's volleyball team that was honored they won the championship and they were part of a group here at American Family Field. So aj Ellis was in the house. He's a special assistant for the Padres, but he came up to the press box and wanted to he surprise me. I was not expecting to see aj who is a family man these days here in Milwaukee, along with his duties working remotely with the Padres. But it was awesome to see aj and aj Ellis, by the way, caught more Curshaw games than any other catcher one hundred and eighteen regular season Kurshaw games aj Ellis Cott. So definitely, if you're an old school Dodger fan, I guess these days you appreciated aj Ellis and how good of a defensive catcher he was. And I remember back in twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, maybe he had a big double basis loaded cling double in San Francisco to help beat the Giants and for the Dodgers to clinch the NL West Division title. So awesome to see. AJ was a great surprise. And speaking of former Dodgers, let's get to Chris Taylor. When we continue, what's your memories? What's the one memory you remember the most about Chris Taylor? Because Chris Taylor was playing for the Angels Triple A team and Bill Shakin of the La Times was reading the transactions and it came across the transaction wire that Chris Taylor decided to retire. I talked to somebody I know with the Angels. They said that he had some other injuries and maybe that forced him to retire. But Chris Taylor had so many memorable moments with the Dodgers. All share mine. I would love to hear yours. Chris Taylor has retired after twelve major league seasons, ten of them ten of his best years with the Dodgers after being acquired in a trade with the Mariners back in twenty sixteen for Zach Lee. Chris Taylor talk when we come back. Also, I'll give you an update on Blake Snell and if you want to give me more advice, life advice, slide or no slide. The next two days eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy Brewers beat the Dodgers tonight five to one on a five to seventy LAS swarts.
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: We are live at American Family Field in Milwaukee. After the Brewers beat the Dodgers tonight by a final score of five to one. Dodger Talk with you until nine o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports David Vasse Live in Milwaukee. The Dodgers only had three hits tonight. Dalton Rushing snapped out of an zero for nineteen slump. He had one of the three heads show he Otani also and a sacrifice fly. That's how the Dodgers score their one run. Logan Henderson pitched five score as Sinning struck out seven Dodgers to pick up the win. Justin Robleski takes the loss. He's now six and two after giving up five earned runs in the first two win. Robleski is six and two. Chad Patrick with his second save of the year. William Contreras had three hits tonight. That's as many as the entire Dodger team had tonight, including a three run home run off of Robleski in the very first inning. Eight six six, nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. How about Andrew Vaughn. I can't get over this. I mentioned this in the Clubhouse show. I remember taking last year's trip to Milwaukee off. I was Andrew Vaughn made his Milwaukee Brewers' debut against the Dodgers and hit a grand Slam.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy out of nowhere who was released was a you know, first round pick, top pick by the White Sox. They kept on waiting and waiting for him to hit his potential. He never did. They release him. Matt Arnold, who in my opinion is the most underrated baseball executive in the sport, picks him up, goes to the leagues for a couple of weeks, makes his debut against the Dodgers, and in seven regular season games now Andrew Vaughn against the Dodgers is eight for nineteen with a home run and eight RBIs, including tonight two for four with an RBI double. Andrew Freakin Vaughn eight for nineteen of four hundred average and seven regular season games against the Dodgers. A home run in eight RBIs somebody stopped this guy.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that. I really can't. Andrew Vaughn, I don't know. Something happened. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. I mean, he is hitting three point thirty three this year, and he was a big part of the Brewers beating the Cubs and winning the division last year. But Andrew Vaughn hitting four hundred and seven games against the Dodgers since joining the Brewers is disgusting. Daniels Jewelis presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifth fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Daniel S.
Speaker 2: Jeweler's gift card visit AM five to seventy lasports dot Com used the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniel Jewelers owned the dream, all right.
Speaker 3: I mentioned.
Speaker 2: Chris Taylor has retired after twelve major league seasons, ten of them with the Dodgers, ten great years with the Dodgers, ten clutch years with the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: There are a lot.
Speaker 2: Of memorable Chris Taylor moments. This is one of them. Twenty twenty one Wildcard game against the Cardinals. The Dodgers had won one hundred and six games that year, but the Giants got so freaking lucky. They've never even sniffed one hundred and seven wins combined the last three years, but they won one hundred and seven that year somehow, So the Dodgers were the wildcard team with one hundred and six wins. And it felt like home run Derby between the Dodgers and Cardinals that year in that Wildcard game, and Chris Taylor was the one that hit the home run and walk the Dodgers off to the NLDS against San Francisco in twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: One, race on two and one, Taylor.
Speaker 3: Flypall the left and deep and don.
Speaker 9: Chris Taylor, oh walk off home run. The Dodgers are walking off to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: They win the wild Card three to one. Here comes Taylor to the plate. They are bobbing him. The crowd is going crazy.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers advance to the National League Division Series with one the mighty swing by Chris Taylor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Charlie Steiner on the call for that night and twenty twenty one, the Wildcard game, a bottom of the ninth inning walk off home run by Chris Taylor, with Juan Soto sitting behind home play that night as he was embarking on his final year with the Washington Nationals. But yeah, that was a memorable Chris Taylor moment. And I thought it was kind of fitting that Chris Taylor retires when the Dodgers are in Milwaukee, because this was when you say Chris Taylor and you say memorable Dodger moment. I think about Game seven of the NLCS. Taylor was in left field, not a position at that point that he played a lot. He took a weird route to make a game saving, series saving catch. So here it was twenty eighteen, Game seven NLCS, Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner on the call again.
Speaker 7: No ball's two strikes, Kane leading from second. Burri is set at the belt. THEO two fly ball left center field. It's gonna be a long run for Taylor and he.
Speaker 9: Makes a spectac killer over the shoulder catch on the warning track, falling to the ground. What to play by Chris Taylor saving a run and ending the inning.
Speaker 10: I didn't think he had a chance in the world. He reached up as high as he could as he was really falling down. He was gonna sacrifice body and all an incredible catch in a critical spun.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't catch that, the Brewers are probably winning Game seven and going to the World Series against the Boston Red Sox. Cody Bellinger was playing center field and he had to leap over the body of Chris Taylor after he made that incredible catch. As I'm staring out to where he made that catch on the warning track and left center field right where the wall kind of jets out in that cookie cutter style. To me, when you say Chris Taylor, that's the moment I remember the most. And Cody Bellinger turned out to be the eighteen NLCSMVP, but Chris Taylor and Justin turned were the co twenty seventeen NLCS MVP. So congratulations to Chris Taylor, who was an unknown when the Dodgers made that in season trade for him in twenty sixteen for Zach Lee. I remember the first time I met Chris Taylor. He showed up in Pittsburgh. That's where the Dodgers were when they made the trade for Chris Taylor. Chris Woodward was the third base coach that year. He had known Taylor when he was coaching in Seattle and was a coach in the minor league system for the Mariners, and I remember him telling me at the time that, yeah, he vouched for Chris Taylor when Andrew Freeman asked him about whether or not they should pull the trigger on the trade. And the rest is history. Chris Taylor is such a big part of Dodger history from twenty sixteen until you know, twenty twenty four, the day that the Dodgers let him go. And you know, I'll just say this about Chris Taylor. He treated me really well. We were at his charity Polar Plunch that he and his wife put on. I brought my daughter, I brought my son, and he treated them like family. And I can't say enough. He's first class all the way. And I can't wait for that night at Dodgers Stadium when they bring him back they play the video montage and celebrate number three Chris Taylor, because look, I know it's at another level right now, back to back World Series champions, and all these guys on this team that have been part of it are going to be celebrated forever. But guys like Chris Taylor, aj Elis, Justin Turner, Walker Buehler, Julio Orias, Austin Barnes, the list goes on and on. Even you could even throw in Yasiel Puig. Those guys contributed a lot to a lot of winning and a lot of great moments for the Dodgers. Adrian Gonzalez, Skip Schumacher, Nick Punto, Clayton Kershaw. I mean, the list goes on and on, and I know this is at another level the Otani era with the Dodgers. He's been here for two years, They've won back to back championships. But I feel like Dodger fans, myself included being with these guys every day for the last fifteen years, had an emotional attachment to these guys more than you would expect. Guys like Chris Taylor and Cody Bellinger, Cory Seger, Justin Turner, Chris Taylor, Puige, Urius Walker Bueller, because they if they weren't drafted by the Dodgers or came up through the minor leagues with the Dodgers, they were unknowns, discarded by other franchises, and they were our own. They were our own. And those guys the reason why those guys to this day are still super tight and even take vacations together. Jock Peterson, how could I forget him? They were so tight because they went through a lot of failures together. They had a lot of great times together. And you could say whatever you want about the twenty twenty World Series, but those group of players who had lost the seventeen and eighteen World Series, at least they had a moment in twenty twenty. It would have been great because I remember spring training of twenty before the pandemic and the shutdown, the Dodgers, for the first time in a while, were not only built to beat the National League, they were built to be the best team in baseball that year. Whether it was sixty games or one hundred and sixty two games. I know injuries happened, but they were built in spring training to be the best team in baseball. And I guess the only regret that I would say for those group of players is that they never got a parade, because that's what makes it real and a ring ceremony and all that kind of stuff with fans in the stands. They were short changed in two ways twenty twenty and also, of course twenty seventeen by the Astros. As much as everybody wants you to forget that ever happened, it didn't. Lives were changed with what the Astros did. It was the last time the rich Hills, the andre Ethiers, the Chase ut LEAs the logan for size of the World ever Brandon Morrow ever had a chance to win a World Series Championship. But Chris Taylor and the rest of those guys got it in twenty twenty, and nobody can ever take that ring away from them. And certainly very very happy that Chris Taylor had a great year. And you know, before the season, when I was helping him promote the Polar Plunge, I asked him whether or not he was even going to come back this year, and I offended him, as I often did. He said, Hey, don't retire me yet, Vassy. I want to try to go out on my own terms. And you know, I hope he got the closure he was looking for because he had nothing else to prove in this game. He got more out of his career than anybody ever thought. He ever would trust me, So congratulations to Chris Taylor for a great year. And I don't know what your memories are of Chris Taylor, but those are just a couple of mine. Eight nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers fall to the Brewers tonight, five to one. It was an interesting game plan by the Dodgers against this young pitcher, Logan Henderson. I just thought they were way too passive early in the counts. James Loney pointed that out during the broadcast. I felt like maybe they should have been like the Brewers against Robleski, be ready to swing first pitch, and the Dodgers certainly were not doing that tonight, and that's part of the reason why Logan Henderson pitched five scoreless innings with seven strikeouts. Eight six, six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Roki Sasaki will be on the mound for the Dodgers. He's coming off his best start in major league career. Let's go out to uh Savannah in all Hambra. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Milwaukee. Hi Savannah, Hi, it's nice to talk to you.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to touch on what you had said about Chris Taylor and you know, the World Series of twenty twenty with the Dodgers. I really do think that if the Dodgers do win back to back to back, they should really have a World Series parade with all three World Series players. I really wish they brought out the players did it in twenty twenty when they won last year and the year before, because you know, they didn't. They missed out on it because of COVID, and I feel like they definitely deserve to be feeling the love of all the Dodger fans. We all still love them, and you know, yeah, and I also do think you should move on to find.
Speaker 3: Okay, Savannah, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Uh, maybe I'll have to come to All Hambra if the locks are changed on my house if I go down the slide.
Speaker 11: Yeah, most definitely, Apple connection with a hammer police department, so maybe we can get you.
Speaker 2: Was like a best Western, right, best Western, five star best Western in All Hambro Right, Oh.
Speaker 11: Most definitely. There's a bunch of hotels.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks savan, I appreciate that. Who will take me in if I go down the slide? Speaking of that slide back in twenty twenty two, after I went down the slide, I still had my responsibilities. I needed to get a pregame guest after I broke my wrist and six ribs going down that slide. So before I left for urgent care, Justin Turner and I went out to the Dodger dugout and did the pregame interview for sports and at LA and and five to seventy LA Sports. Well, we're in the Dodger dugout now after I completely ruined my wrist and my ribs. But Justin Turner part of the Dodgers that took care of me, and I appreciate you doing this interview and the care that you guys have for me.
Speaker 5: All I got to say, you're really chiefing this out because you should be going to get a picture on that thing right now, and you insisted on doing this interview.
Speaker 7: First, so.
Speaker 4: Props you.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So that was the beginning of the interview, and then we just started talking baseball and I'll never forget that Justin Turner gave me a sandwich, gave me a bottle of water to eat because he knew I was going to have to take some meds out there. And I'll never forget. I tried to keep it together as I was waiting outside the Dodger clubhouse until Cody Bellinger came out and.
Speaker 3: Said, dude, you are so messed up. I was like, oh no.
Speaker 2: Then I started sweating a lot, and I knew Cody would tell me the truth. It's like your kids, right, He's like a toddler. He'll tell you the truth. That's what he did, and I always appreciate Alex Taurus, the Dodgers clubhouse manager. When I came back to the stadium to finish the job, he helped me put my dress shirt back on, my tie on, Andjuanderado, the player's relations guy, helped me out a lot, and Mookie Betts FaceTime me. Oral herscheizer called me while I was in the urgent care, and I can't forget about my guy. Kurt, the cameraman sports net LA has out here in Milwaukee, drove me to the urgent care and when I was done, he came back to pick me up and bring me back to the stadium. So a lot of people helped me out and Rode Aware made that shirt, and I'll never forget the guys wearing it proudly. Max Muntsey, Evan Phillips among them, So a lot of love. I found out there was a lot of love for David Vasse. All I had to do was break my wrist and six ribs to find that out. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Hey, I have a great idea. I know where I'll sleep. If I go down the slide and my wife locks me out of the house, I'll had to Downy Hunday. I think that's where I'm gonna go. They've got an incredible showroom. I might sleep in one of those beautiful Hyundays that my guy Sam has in his showroom. It's Memorial Day weekend, so they're having a big sale. You gotta get down there. And after the Memorial Day's sale is over and I show up Sunday night, I hope he leaves the key. Maybe I'll sleep in my Ionic nine that I drive around today. Thanks to my friends at Downy Hunday, Let's go out to Bob in Malibu. Hi, Bob, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 5: Oh Dave, thanks for having me on tonight. Man, I just wanted to take a second to say thanks to Chris Taylor, my son Lennon and I are in the car or we're talking about all the great memories we have of him on the field, But the two memories that stick out the most to me are the way he treated the fans. One for my son. He came back from the dougallut he reached out, he grabbed a ball and signed it for him at a game, which was kind but I'll never forget. In Boston in twenty nineteen, the year after they lost to the Red Sox, my wife and daughter flew out there to see the Dodgers play at Fenway. There watch the Dodgers against the Socks, and as the team was going to the bus, Chris was there with his parents. My daughter was in the hallway. She was waiting for him to come by. He walked past to get on the bus, walked out the door and she called his name sheepishly, and he turned around and he came back and he took time to shake her hand, take a photo with her, meet her, and she said he was just the kindest guy. He took all the time he could with her, which was very kind of him. So for that and all the great plays on the field, wish the guy the best of luck and retirement, a happy life from here on out. Just want to thank him as a fan man.
Speaker 3: All right, Bob, I love that. Thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to end the show because that's exactly who Chris Taylor was. He did appreciate the fans. Guys like him and Munsee, I think appreciate what they have more than most because Munsey was on his couch when the Dodgers called. Chris Taylor was just wallowing with the Mariners before they traded him. He was just drifting in their minor league system before the Dodgers acquired him. So I think that's part of the reason why they have greater appreciation for what they have now and sign autographs, take pictures with fans and really appreciate you and the celebration of what it means to be a Dodger and a World Series champion. Tomorrow, Roki Sasaki will be on the mound for the Dodgers, going up against left hander Robert Gasser. Our coverage begins at three o'clock, first pitch at four point fifteen with Tim Neverett and James Loney. Rick Monday is spending the weekend in Cooperstown. He's being celebrated for the fiftieth anniversary of him saving the American Flag. There's a whole exhibit out there at the Baseball Hall of Fame, so that's where Rick is. He'll rejoin us on Tuesday at Dodgers Stadium. And I thought James Loney did a great job. He called three or two Dodger Brewers games last year at Dodgers Stadium. As you know, the Brewers beat the Dodgers all seven times last year. So Loney's here again and the Brewers beat the Dodgers again in the regular season. Don't know if this is a James Loney thing or not, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow. But James and Tim sounded great tonight, and look forward to having Rick back on the Homestand thanks to Colin Ye back at our Burbanks Studios doing a great job as always, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here in Milwaukee, and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app once again. The final score tonight from American Family Field in Milwaukee. The Brewers beat the Dodgers five to one holy crap. Have a great rest of your night, be safe, See you Ze.