Speaker 1: Don't miss Willie Nelson in the Outlaw Music Festival August nineteenth. That missed a Lake Amphitheater with the Avid Brothers, Lucas Nelson's Herera Hall and more. Tickets around standout cafe dot com keyword calendar for all the details.
Speaker 2: May I go?
Speaker 3: Then Labor's here?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Been?
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 3: Big plans this weekend? Anything fun?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: My gosh, but see my kiddo's lucky of them are going to Morgan wall And on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Not gonna go.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not going. My wife's not going either.
Speaker 2: Oh nice?
Speaker 4: Uh not that I don't, Not that I don't. It's not like I don't like him. I like him. It's just that it wasn't really on my radar. My kids were, My kids wanted to go, They're going with friends.
Speaker 7: And then Saturday night, gosh.
Speaker 4: We have something Saturday night, and I could not. Oh yeah, there's like a there's another like school kid event or something.
Speaker 2: Oh you're not going Tommy's party?
Speaker 7: Probably not.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be the only one there.
Speaker 7: You are going to be the only one there.
Speaker 4: I did feel bad yesterday when he was talking about how many parties he's invited us to and nobody's gone. That's all he wants, And there is a part of me that just wants to surprise him. Yeah, I think I you know, maybe we should just talk off air, if there is a way that we could just all show up.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's just surprised.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 2: He would burst into tears, woulds because you know, we caught him doing something you shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 3: Oh you hope it's cent he home.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine, like seven of us carpool, we show up.
Speaker 7: And it's just him and schmoll and they're.
Speaker 2: Disappointed because they wanted some time alone.
Speaker 6: Ben.
Speaker 8: You posted it on social media, So I assume it's okay to bring up with what your daughter decided this week?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, yeah, how about this officially going to Auburn?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, super super excited.
Speaker 7: FO are very proud of her.
Speaker 4: You know these well, all of these you know, all these kids that are graduating trying to decide what they're gonna do with the rest of their lives, at least for the next four or five years.
Speaker 7: Is it's it's a long road.
Speaker 4: It's stressful, there's it's such a long process starting their junior year, and you know, you hear from all these other parents about what it what it looks like in their junior year, all the way through their senior year, and until you're really in it.
Speaker 7: You're like, wow, this is a this is a lot, just.
Speaker 4: The prep, the testing, getting all this all the paperwork ready, you know, deciding like what schools may be candidates and potentials, and then you know it's just a long time. So you know, for weeks we've been saying to her, like, just make a decision, like you you've got it down between Tennessee and Auburn, Like you can't make a bad choice.
Speaker 7: And it was close to fifty to fifty in.
Speaker 4: Her mind now it was It's always been like ninety percent of year because she'll she'll try to ride her club equestrian stuff there because they have a program. It's a stronger club team than Tennessee. She just has a little bit of a close her bond I think to Auburn and just kind of the feel and what she's like the campus or the campus, the size.
Speaker 7: Of the school. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: That's a small college town. She wants football weekends. All that, I mean good unbelievable, Kelly Ma.
Speaker 2: To be young and to be able to choose to go to that schools fantastic.
Speaker 7: All right, Sauce, you like sports? Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what no poker? Phase it?
Speaker 9: Oh for the next twenty seconds, get over here.
Speaker 8: Do we believe Sauce knows the state that Auburn is in?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, of course, one.
Speaker 8: Hundred Well, everybody says one hundred percent, but.
Speaker 4: I would, I would actually, I will actually put money on the fact that he doesn't know what town.
Speaker 8: It's interesting, interesting, interesting, interesting.
Speaker 7: All right, Sauce.
Speaker 8: Everybody says one hundred percent, you know what state Auburn is in.
Speaker 7: It's in Alabama, and it's in.
Speaker 10: It's got like the tree that they like all talk about, like one guy like poisoned it one year and it died. What was the tree called the trn Yeah, Tim Tree.
Speaker 8: I also let me help you a little bit. I wouldn't have known either. But if you had to guess, what would you guess?
Speaker 7: Wasn't it in the town Auburn? Ben, You are correct? Is Auburn? Yes?
Speaker 4: A lot of people, a lot of people don't realize that it's in the town of Auburn, Alabama.
Speaker 7: Didn't know that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's sweet with the city name as well.
Speaker 7: It's cool, dude, the fun.
Speaker 10: I mean, one of the greatest college football games and that guy caught was it the kickoff?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Kicks, that's outstanding. Good for her Man.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine a fall Yeah, football Saturday, the leaves are changing, Alabama's in town and you are twenty years old and free to go just have the day of your life. Good for her Man. Yeah, good for her. I'm so happy for that's so cute.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I mean of all things, I mean, we can all be very proud of our kids and stuff, but she really has worked her butt off academically. And the fact that she got into so many these really really good schools and actually had to make a tough choice, I think that's the win in and of itself. Is Look, you got into literally ninety percent of the schools that you applied to, and she know she was applying to some big schools, and so she she did a great job with all of her essay or acts and all of her stuff.
Speaker 7: She really she really deserved it.
Speaker 4: So you know, she got a little merit money as well, so there's a little bit of academic scholarship involved, so that's it's good for her.
Speaker 8: Did she at all consider going to Ames Iowa and Iowa State University.
Speaker 3: No, No, not at all, And she applied.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is she applied to Kansas State just for fun and applied online. She got she heard back within twenty four hours that she got in, which you know is if you know the process, that sort of unheard of and it's kind of laughable, you know, like wow, they just wow, I didn't realize Kansastate just lets everybody. A lot of these schools take weeks, if not months to decide if you if you made the cut or not.
Speaker 7: In case, Date's like no, no, you're in.
Speaker 2: No, come on, you walked over, took that diplomb off the wall and just threw in the trash.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you the one question that I know.
Speaker 8: I know Aimes again, she's smart, I know she she factored us in.
Speaker 7: But so, what's the casino situation in.
Speaker 9: And around Auburn and the state of Alabama.
Speaker 7: Zero. Oh, she's a terrible choice. You know. Here's the crazy thing.
Speaker 4: Because she wants to she wants to rush for sorority in Greek life in the in this part of the South, and it's actually maybe not as unheard of once we start looking into it. There are no individual sorority houses because of the brothel laws because too many now having too many women, a certain dwelling or domicile is considered a brothel in the South.
Speaker 9: But you can't grow up together. Yeah, they can have fraternities.
Speaker 2: You say that about a lot of different Well, she.
Speaker 4: Is crazy because in Minnesota we're trying to we're trying to get those fraternities in the tournament bath house. Sure, but still in that area of the South, they're like, there are sororities, but you can't have sorority houses.
Speaker 7: Get a bunch of filthy Jezebels. Yeah, totally completely.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of em.
Speaker 7: So will she be pledging for the Omega moves? I don't think so, although that would be my wish those moves. Sure, ken parties?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 7: Diff ye?
Speaker 2: Would you guys like some news? You guys feel happy right now?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: I'll change that.
Speaker 6: Chris Hockey presented by the same Paul.
Speaker 2: Let's go Saints. They'll be back in town soon. They're playing the Buttons right now, but they'll be back at HS Field. Very very soon. Lots of great things happening cchs Field for Saints Baseball, Saints Baseball dot com. Podcasts on Patreon are making content creators lots of money go on. Revenue for podcasters on the direct to fan platform generated six hundred and twenty nine milken dollars in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: That's suppressing. Why did you bring that off?
Speaker 3: A thirty three percent year over year increase.
Speaker 2: Podcasts have become the largest content category on the platform in terms of revenue, with some podcasters, including Joe Budden, earning as much as one million dollars per month. More than forty seven thousand podcasters currently receive income from fans on Patreon, with seven point six million paid subscription podcasting category.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you heard my.
Speaker 7: Say a million a month month. Yeah, I don't know. Sleepy Joe was doing a podcast. Is he's showing a lot of skin.
Speaker 3: I don't know who Joe Biden is. I really don't.
Speaker 5: He's a rapper, yeah, he was never like crazy popular as a rapper, but he's he has a gigantic.
Speaker 6: Audience when it comes to podcasting.
Speaker 2: You remember when we were talking to our boss and we said, just let us put it on Patreon, and well we'll share the profits, and they were.
Speaker 7: Like, that'll never work. I do remember that, never yep.
Speaker 3: And then we want to keep it free for everybody.
Speaker 10: Remember when they can only find how much we made like one day a year, and.
Speaker 2: They kept saying these great words, which I loved, they were my favorites.
Speaker 3: We're going to get you those numbers, yep.
Speaker 8: They said it for twelve consecutive months. They would find those numbers for us. It is weird when you have to pay us you can miraculously find those numbers and never show them to us. And then the money that we get is very very small.
Speaker 3: Interesting, But you know, it's not even about that.
Speaker 2: For me. The fact of the matter is just like, just make a good decision once, right, Yeah. Just I know we're idiots and we talk about wieners and stuff here talking about it, but just give us a chance. We have good ideas sometimes, no horrible I did never go to work. Johnny Bones is over there with a direction.
Speaker 7: Right yeah.
Speaker 10: And then remember when Johnny Bones broke down, how much, by the way, we shouldn't have been in the room. How much money a podcasts like ours would should make and.
Speaker 2: We're like, look, guys, these are real numbers. They were like, numbers are dub.
Speaker 8: Every time Zach's has done a basic Google search and saying like, here's how many downloads we get a month. Here's essentially what that equates to in advertising. And if the number is jack and it's like, none of that trickles back.
Speaker 7: I remember we were of it.
Speaker 2: We threatened you we will quit if you don't let us do the right thing, and they were like fine, and so we did and they were like cool.
Speaker 9: How about how about the time we had how about the time we had the meeting.
Speaker 8: They're like, hey, if you guys do original content, if you start your own podcast, we have a structure now in place where you guys can make some money, like in addition if you start, And we're like, sounds great. We'd love to see that format. We'd love to see that. You know, plan those numbers crickets. That was what I forgot three years ago. We have been showing those numbers in that structure.
Speaker 2: Zero actually wrote us an email that said crickets because they wouldn't pay the crickets to be there.
Speaker 8: Right, Well, I mean I heard is guaranteed insect Yeah, right, right, we don't say.
Speaker 2: I dude's making a million dollars per month, you guys, I mean something I cannot believe.
Speaker 7: I mean, I am, I am not obviously, I haven't had one second. And your guys just shoes for those meetings.
Speaker 4: And it makes me get a migraine listening to you guys talk about that.
Speaker 3: It's really frustrating.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know why it's frustrating for me.
Speaker 2: And again, I am I'm certainly pleased with my life, and I'm very, very lucky, and I know that. But having an opportunity that seems obvious and and and to not be allowed to do it, it's like, well.
Speaker 4: And the thing is, it's like it doesn't require much out of the well, out of the actual organization.
Speaker 2: We were doing the work.
Speaker 4: I know, you're already doing the work, and it's it's literally just going to a different platform and offering one thing.
Speaker 7: There we go, but not everybody had to do a podcast.
Speaker 2: Do we have to get our stuff and walk down to the end of the yet?
Speaker 7: Is that drop foot?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't understand the logic from there. Well, that was at all. That's that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It's illogical for them to hold you guys back from at least trying a different avenue. And it's not to replace what you guys are doing here. It's it's just an add on. It's to do something different.
Speaker 2: Well, and and the person who came in from corporate who was here that day, I'm sure doesn't work here anymore, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: It's just it's tough. It's weird, man, it's weird. But again, sorry for complaining about something that, but it's just it's odd. It's very odd because we knew we could see and not because we're geniuses. Johnny Bones was like, guys, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: They do.
Speaker 4: They do a very specific yeah Twins broadcast and he Wins podcast.
Speaker 9: He feels the rich.
Speaker 7: Money.
Speaker 10: He quit his job. Yes, he quit my job. Yep, he almost did. He almost got you to quit one day, a couple of times. But sometimes you got to just let it go and say, you know what, I guess I wasn't supposed to have that money.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: I was gonna do good things with it, like buy thongs or gamble.
Speaker 8: Or gamble right now, right now, in the Master's broadcast, they're listening the notable tea times and there's Colin Morricawa's picture.
Speaker 7: Do you have a ready to go at nine to nineteen?
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea what that decision did to local casinos?
Speaker 3: Do you have money points?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll about all the local poker players and are getting I wouldn't give it out. I'm one of the most philanthropic people in the Midwest. If you look at my hand in mom, but yeah, you're huh you don't worry about it?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's the craziest thing.
Speaker 7: Is that a blimp? Is that a blimp?
Speaker 3: It turns like one.
Speaker 10: Colin more Cowell will be fun, relaxed, worry about somebody last three holes, Corey.
Speaker 3: Every time you walk into poker room.
Speaker 2: This from.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: One of the one of the signs that you know that I'm loved in a poker room is the dozens of guys that remind me when poker tournaments are Hey, you're playing this weekend, right, don't forget there's a tournament this weekend.
Speaker 7: I had forgot. No, no, you should be there at ten am. It's gonna be fun, great environment. You should be there.
Speaker 3: A whole group of met their bank.
Speaker 8: Like they're essentially like, I really want to play this tournament, but I'm make sure Corey is there, otherwise we're not guaranteed some money.
Speaker 9: And they're like, you're spotted back, he's playing.
Speaker 2: Sixteen years from there's a child stand up receiving their high school diplomba going and I want to thank Corey Cove for putting me through college.
Speaker 8: My dad just sat around and waited for him to punt a stack on level seven.
Speaker 7: WHOA, what about your hendon mob? Yeah? Yeah, I don't even know what that is. Think about this. If you guys are on Patreon, you don't you could go?
Speaker 4: Don't You could go to Europe for the World Cup issue wont exactly?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what a great transition, because as sauce, today.
Speaker 9: We'll watch how many hours of the Masters?
Speaker 7: Ballpark it I have today?
Speaker 10: With my son, We're going to do a lot of activities. He loves to watch much of it.
Speaker 7: A lot of activities, meaning just sit in your living room and relax, Ben, He's.
Speaker 9: Ben, how many how many hours are you watching the Masters today?
Speaker 8: About seven? I was multitasking. I think I watched about six hours.
Speaker 6: Of the World Series of Poker Europe yesterday.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 7: About six maybe more. You were doing what while doing it? I'm multitasking.
Speaker 8: I was working, but it was on in my house for at least six to seven hours.
Speaker 3: How much time I spend deadline yesterday?
Speaker 4: At least six to seven hours, six to seven minutes, about about nine minutes.
Speaker 8: Wait, that's in Prague, Benjamin, that's in Prague and searches.
Speaker 9: No, here's a poker main event.
Speaker 7: That's pretty leap.
Speaker 8: And I treat myself that city man looks so god dang beautiful.
Speaker 7: I got to go to Prague. I know I want to go there too.
Speaker 2: You know how many times we beat a progue?
Speaker 3: Right now? If we've just been given that permission first clock.
Speaker 4: Then you know what the crazy thing is that that ends up being content for the next Patreon Exactly.
Speaker 9: It's like, hey, we can hear a travel podcast for Patreon.
Speaker 2: I must say one more thing, and that's where I'm done. We said, here's the thing. You can have fifty percent of all of this or fifty percent of nothing, yep, And they chose fifty nothing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it was.
Speaker 7: Smart though, you know.
Speaker 3: And I still can't believe it. Here's reason.
Speaker 7: I don't know why they have all those degrees, probably yourself free.
Speaker 2: And I'm proud of us because we said if you don't, if we can't do this, it's done for us to keep going.
Speaker 3: We're just gonna have to quit. And they were like, okay, so we did.
Speaker 8: So the amount of money then the amount of money that I would have had versus the amount of money I would have given away for example, dude, it was one of the worst moments of my life. I had to go to a school and basically tell like twenty kids that I couldn't pay for their college tuition that I had promised them.
Speaker 7: He's not frea what it.
Speaker 8: Was called Cove's kids, and they didn't get the money that I was going to give them to graduate.
Speaker 7: So I, to.
Speaker 8: Be honest, I didn't even have enough money to give them all laptops to do online schooling. So I just gave them all laptop batteries. They were lithium, but those laptops are virtually useless without batteries.
Speaker 3: I feel sorry for you.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, no, Rosie from the office Sauso do sports after this.
Speaker 11: This is the Power Tie Morning show on the fan million dollars.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's time for some sports man, that's what we do, so we love and the man who's got his finger on the pulse of absolutely nothing.
Speaker 9: That's any time for a fan.
Speaker 7: Five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 9: Mel loves you, Mel does love me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, Mal he does.
Speaker 7: Let's see here.
Speaker 10: The Wolves have two games left after they lost to Orlando one thirty two to one with mostly backups. Tarren Shannon Junior had thirty three. Jade McDaniels did play. He played for nineteen minutes and at eighteen points. They battle the Rockets tomorrow at eight thirty they will will be the sixth seed in.
Speaker 7: The playoffs Max.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was a perfect little ramp up for Jade McDaniels because even though the Wolves didn't have a whole lot to play for, Orlando's right in a dogfight there in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 6: There's like a four or.
Speaker 5: Five team log jam down there in that play in kind of situation in the Eastern Conference, so they had everything to play for it. So it was a perfect kind of highly competitive environment for Jade McDaniels to get his groove back. Nas we'd kind of got back in the rhythm of things. He's been dealing with some shoulder stuff, and it was awesome to see TSJ kind of just explode there. I mean, we were expecting him to kind of have ascension this year, but obviously injuries hampered that. I don't see him getting in the rotation too much during the playoffs because Chris Finch is pretty notoriously you know, has a short leash when it comes to his rotations.
Speaker 6: But it was a good little ramp up game.
Speaker 5: It felt like the whole point of the game was to get nas In Jaden back into a groove.
Speaker 6: In mission accomplished, so hopefully everybody can get healthy.
Speaker 5: They're prioritizing health because, like you said, they they got nothing to play for.
Speaker 7: Really.
Speaker 5: Our opponent is to be determined, but it looks like a date Denver next next weekend.
Speaker 2: So basically, are we gonna rest our starters the rest of the season.
Speaker 7: I would imagine.
Speaker 6: So yeah, I mean I could yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's Anthony Edwards almost he's too valuable to throw him out there just for nothing. But I could see them maybe giving him a couple of minutes just because he's been out for so long. But yeah, it's at this point prioritize health because a lot of teams.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: That's say, say you play the Lakers, They're gonna be That's a team that health is not their.
Speaker 7: Fortune right now.
Speaker 5: So that could be, you know, an advantage heading for the Wolves heading into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Do you worry about a rust factor with with Ant.
Speaker 7: No, not really.
Speaker 5: In the past, I might have, but Anthony Edwards his his game this year. Man, He's just he's taken it to another level. Every single year he adds something to his game, and this year it felt like consistency. It felt like no matter what defense is through at him, he was virtually unstoppable. I mean, if the Wolves, you know, landed a little bit higher and they're in their seating, I would imagine Anthony Edwards would be in these MVP talks and if he was able to meet the sixty five game threshold or whatever that is, I would imagine that.
Speaker 7: But I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't really worry about the RUSS factor with with Anthony Edwards. I would have more so with maybe with Jade McDaniels. But I looked like the knee was spine last night.
Speaker 2: Hey Ben, are you just too busy to care much about the timberwlves?
Speaker 10: This year?
Speaker 3: It seems like normally you're more down with the squad.
Speaker 7: That's a great question. I think.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes I just don't end up catching them live, so I will all look at the box scores and stuff like that. And I don't get me wrong, I love going to the games and all.
Speaker 3: That stuff, but I mean, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: There's I think I think for me, there's not a lot of hope. They're they're fantastic club, but as you guys already laid out, we're stuck in the West. Yeah, I just don't not that I'm not gonna cheer them on. I just don't think they're gonna They might make a little noise in the first round, but after that, I'm not I'd be shocked if they if they advanced past that. So I just feel like something's got a change. Is as good as they are, there's something just like kind of missing from this team.
Speaker 7: And it's it's hard to say.
Speaker 4: That because you were it's kind of a superstar conference. So if we were in the East and be like, oh my gosh, we're gonna be in the finals, this is gonna be great.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's something off with this team that I just can't rally behind.
Speaker 7: Well said.
Speaker 10: The Twins beat Detroit yesterday eight to six, their third straight win. They are six and six, same two teams today.
Speaker 7: At did I write twelve forty? Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: It is correct?
Speaker 10: Sweet mick Abel goes for your twins today.
Speaker 7: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: He's supposed to be pretty good too, right, So.
Speaker 7: Agree, he's going too though.
Speaker 10: He's had a little bit of a rough start, but he's supposed to be good. He was one of probably the prize piece they got in all the trades they made last year because they didn't know what they had in Taj Bradley.
Speaker 7: Who's an absolutely stud. What are we doing.
Speaker 4: I don't know playing bass? Didn't we sort of do this last year with the Twins where they didn't expect much and then we got off to like sort of a hot star and then it just went all to Yeah, it fell apart. So I mean, I'll ride this for a while. I mean, it's exciting that they're actually playing beyond what we thought.
Speaker 7: I know that. Honey. Thanks, that's so nice of you.
Speaker 3: He's so sweet to us. He is member. He was mean and now he's so sweet.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, it's the donuts man.
Speaker 2: I don't mean much Tunnis anymore either.
Speaker 7: Good for you. Yeah bye Rose zach O.
Speaker 10: The Wild battle the Stars tonight in Dallas at eight pm. One of the biggest regular season games for our Wild. They only trail the Stars by two points. Who they will play in the playoffs home ice kind of on the line in tonight's battle. Yeah, it really all comes down to this and if yeah, if they win, obviously it's full speed ahead, try to get the points and beat the Stars team and get some home ice. But if they lose, then it's a very wolveslike situation where you're probably gonna maybe get some more guys ice time. There's been you know, they've they've got a wealth of talent, so there's been a lot of guys sitting for a long long time. So hopefully maybe they can get an opportunity. Actually really hopefully they don't. Hopefully the Wild wind tonight.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna be obviously tough on the road against a very very good team, but they're gonna have to win down there probably anyway here in a couple of weeks. So it's a good playoff preview. Should be a fun one eight o'clock start on the fan, hopefully hopefully you listen.
Speaker 2: Let's goal.
Speaker 10: What do you say about how there are some people that say they would be better off starting.
Speaker 7: On the road.
Speaker 1: I mean I get what they're saying, because I mean they have been good on the road this year and even in recent years. I don't think they would be better off from a data standpoint or from even a feeling standpoint. I just don't think it's as bad as you would normally think. So it's not better, but it's not worse. It's just kind of either way. You just like to have the little slate heage, Especially when you have two teams that are this good and this close, you want to have any sort of edge you can get and home ice not only from the fans perspective, but also the last change being able to lie and match would be a little bit easier with that.
Speaker 7: So thanks honesty.
Speaker 10: The Masters is currently underway, and was Rosie gonna take Max Homa because he's currently tied for the league.
Speaker 7: Max Homa?
Speaker 9: No, he wanted Katoka from Japan.
Speaker 8: Oh why worse he yet? Minus one? He's your leader through to that was Rosie's guy. Yeah, good for Rosie.
Speaker 7: Come again.
Speaker 10: Oklahoma City will be the number one seed in the NBA playoffs. Again, they will most likely win a lot of games. I want to eat my sandwich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can tell ye.
Speaker 8: I was the most likely win a lot of games.
Speaker 10: Well, they will, that's not no, you're not wrong. No, they're the favorites to win the whole thing. Yes, and they will likely win a lot of games.
Speaker 3: You want to hear something awesome.
Speaker 2: We're going to play a little game called percent Chance featuring Ben Lieber in Viking.
Speaker 3: Chance.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks, I don't have to get my southern accent. You do not know, Thank goodness.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, you don't put the psychic bit to bed for a while. That would be great.
Speaker 8: Uh more with the Power to Money show and Ben Leber including that with Viking's News after this on the van, ready.
Speaker 1: To tee it up with a brand new Callaway Quantum Driver into our contest page now and take a swing at winning one courtesy.
Speaker 7: Of grand View Lodge.
Speaker 1: That's Campe dot Com here contest to enter today.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hey, welcome back Everyba Ben lab We're still here and that's perfect because it's seven forty on the nut. We almost never hit it exactly at the right time. We're going to hit it right at this time, it's time.
Speaker 7: For Vikings news on the Power Trip, presented by.
Speaker 3: Right Carol Series saus Yes, sir, I knew you took a bite.
Speaker 7: I just want to know it. But I was just I already ate myself. Yeah, he hailed that though.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. It was good. Thank you, you're You're very welcome.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome.
Speaker 9: Like watching Joey Chess and it was amazing, And we.
Speaker 2: Normally would we would normally go to a lovely and talented Zacho for this, but uh, this is a special thing. This is called percent chance. So you got to do the line for percent chanceer at ready, three two, one go.
Speaker 7: It's time for percent chance.
Speaker 2: Bad idea, my fault.
Speaker 3: Never mind, Zach. We're going back to you next time.
Speaker 7: Was that precent chance? Okay? My god, bro Bro, I was singing the same thing watching you eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was hoping you'd inhale it, and like it looked like he did.
Speaker 7: My god, it's a small sandwich.
Speaker 8: Honesty, relax, percent chance watchers, precent chance that you choked on that.
Speaker 9: Sandwich zero because I've eaten a lot zero percent.
Speaker 7: It's time for percent chance. This job's fun.
Speaker 2: Expert.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's great for me. It's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 3: You're expert.
Speaker 7: You read for this.
Speaker 2: I've got some percent chance questions regarding your Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's it called again?
Speaker 7: There sus percent chance you really sold it?
Speaker 3: You really did that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just a beaten dog. Yes, chain to the corner.
Speaker 9: Sarah mclaughlan's singing her song.
Speaker 2: To you by Sarah mcglo Hawkwood.
Speaker 7: Wrong song. It's always the wrong remember always things.
Speaker 3: I will remember the wrong one, dude, it's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is the percent chance that Blake Brendel is your starting center for the Minnesota Vikings for the first four games of our season? Oh, the first four games of the season? Yeah, minus injury of course. You know I'm talking about seeing the chosen starter at center for your Minnesota Vikings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna put that about seventy five percent, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you like that fit? Do you think that's a spot that's gonna be natural and good for him? Are we going to be sitting here going man, what a center he turned out to be?
Speaker 7: Well, he's kind of proven us all wrong. Throughout his whole time here.
Speaker 4: I mean, you want to play right tackle done, left tackle done, playguard spot done, like he fills in awesomely. So the fact that last year was a new position for him, never played center, and he actually played pretty well. And then he's gonna get a whole offseason to learn some more of the nuance of it. Yeah, I think that he could be the guy.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: I do think they're going to look for more of a natural center still, and that might take place in free agency after the draft, or you know, maybe a mid round pick. But the thing is, we got to be careful with that because you know, we only we have two thirds and and what no fourth if I no no fourth, And again those guys in that that fifth, sixth, seventh rounders probably not you know, a super high percentage that there are going to be a consistent start, at least a day one starter. So I like the fact that you said first four games. I will put it at seventy five percent.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, thank you. And and by the way, Sas, yes, you are allowed to disagree with Ben if you believe he's wrong, but you've got to be very insulting when you do it. You can't just say you know yes, I want you to be like not like no, you know what, I disagree. I want you to go you are a more and then explain.
Speaker 3: Only if it's.
Speaker 9: Real percent like precent chance.
Speaker 8: Pretend pretend or pretend testicles.
Speaker 7: Start on fire? How did that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 8: Pretend thing. Pretend that you are Stephen A Smith and skip Bayless. Can you do a stepiend a voice?
Speaker 3: By the way, please, it's here's some some black face. Would you mind?
Speaker 7: Jesus you're getting emails and.
Speaker 3: Do the whole day?
Speaker 2: Go for it, go for it, do it?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 3: Max is asking you Max Max.
Speaker 8: This month, this month, Hell is happy. Hey can we take a quick break?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: Jack Nicholas is about to tee off, you know, want a ceremonial. Get the true the other one, the true man he is getting, I mean the shot. So this was this is an hour ago? Does he shank it right? Does he he hits it in? He hit it into the crowd? Boy.
Speaker 10: Normally they don't show it from like they just show them hit it and then they don't show like a back shot of it. Bird that you can see the whole shot because they don't hit that far.
Speaker 8: Here's Gary Player. Relax, Gary player just ripped it. Yeah, he's like a hundred and but look he ripped it. He's yeah, high kick contest man. The other thing is fifty.
Speaker 10: When Jack goes up there, he and Colin Morricow have the same back because he can't. He doesn't. I'm not making fun of me. Yeah, he can't grab the tee, but he hits the crowd.
Speaker 7: Watch.
Speaker 10: Did you know we're doing precent chance? Did he kill somebody with the T shirt? I don't think it he be held responsible for killing somebody. No, because you you take it. It's like your own risk kind of bit. I mean, you couldn't well, you couldn't sue somebody if you.
Speaker 7: Got hit by a fall ball. I try.
Speaker 8: Thanks Macy Gray a reference. Thanks a pretty good reference. I'm pretty I pressed with that.
Speaker 7: I watch. I know we're doing precent chance.
Speaker 3: You let me know when I'm worried.
Speaker 2: But I can get back to it. Oh man, I can't see it. Nobody can hear it.
Speaker 8: It's because I can't see it.
Speaker 3: People listening, but I can't see it.
Speaker 7: But we're all with you.
Speaker 9: Hangnd I mean Jack's wiping away tears.
Speaker 7: It sucks. It's emotional for him. It sucks.
Speaker 8: Here he goes hang out, CEO, Betty crushes us into the crowd.
Speaker 7: Right and oh they edited it, they edited it. Well, yeah he did laugh. He did laugh, and then he yelled.
Speaker 10: He sarcastically yell for they show it from behind when it was live, and it goes right.
Speaker 7: Into the crowd. Yeah, they didn't show where the ball.
Speaker 9: End because he definitely flew right into the ground.
Speaker 7: I mean went about twenty yards. I feel like I'm gonna have a low back like that in about five years. So the ball was already teed up when he got up there. It's just been handed.
Speaker 9: An urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 8: ESPN is reporting that Jack Nicholas killed Colin Moricow, eliminating Sauce from the Power Triop Masters.
Speaker 7: Well, yes, and teeed off yet, so I would get to pick somebody else.
Speaker 2: True, he did die right before the turn it Melon Happy Mel, Jesus smell.
Speaker 7: Mel Mel wants you to try the Stephen A. Smith impression. He'll join you.
Speaker 6: You guys could do a barbershop quartet. My movie about it.
Speaker 7: You were saying, oh yeah, yeah, I think the worst thing.
Speaker 10: And you may have said this, but I've forgotten where we were going because of all the things that were thrown at me at one time. Yep, I think one of those third round picks will be used on a center the guy from Europe, uh from Kansas State, Jake Slaughter from Florida would be another name to watch. Chris wants Slaughter on this team, for sure. Slaughter, yep, Angel you will you sing some slaughter?
Speaker 2: I will?
Speaker 7: What's your favorite slaughter song the Angels? Will you sing it? Sure? I will.
Speaker 3: Here's the next question.
Speaker 6: Not right now?
Speaker 9: We're doing a show.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me what to do.
Speaker 7: This isn't real.
Speaker 6: He's not a DJ at a wedding, brilliant.
Speaker 3: I'm in trouble for a lot of things.
Speaker 7: Sure I will, you are, Ben?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a tight end on our squad by the name of t J.
Speaker 7: Hockens Miller, Puckinsmiller. What's his name on pock Spiel?
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 6: That's it? Right?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I have a bad memory.
Speaker 7: Duh.
Speaker 2: What is the percent chance the Vikings take a starting tight end in the draft?
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what. I think. It's higher than most people think.
Speaker 4: And if Kenyan Sadik is there at eighteen, I would say go for it.
Speaker 7: It all depends if he's going to be there.
Speaker 4: The Chiefs rumored highly rumored to be looking at a replacement for Kelsey, even though he signed that kind of ceremonial extension, which I think it only really amounts to just another year. I think it makes sense for them to go after another time didn't like Sadik. So if he gets past the Chiefs and he's there at eighteen and a couple of the other corners have been taken, even if Theeneman is there, even if McNeil Warren is there from Toledo, I still think that Sadik is the better of the two players. And if you're taking best available plus a little position of need, I think that the percent chance is pretty high. So I would say if he's there, eighty five percent, Wow, Okay, fully agree.
Speaker 10: You also got to get him past the Ravens at fourteen. That's another team that would take him. So that and then I think Tampa might have a shot at him, but he's got to get past a couple of teams.
Speaker 7: But if he's there, I think.
Speaker 9: It's Ravens still have likely and likely not he what's his name, Mark Andrews.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he's likely Goo likely went to the Giants. He went with Harry followed Harbor.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Do you see Daniel Falla lately did the same thing? What followed Harbaugh from the Ravens to the Giant? He said a one year deal? So the former Gopher one year deal? Isn't he better than that? Why is he only getting a one year deal? Didn't he start like a bunch of games for Baltimore?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I I understand correctly. I think they had some issues just with his mobility. He kind of hit a plateau and he didn't take off like they thought he.
Speaker 7: Was going to.
Speaker 4: So he went from he's serviceable and good, but I think they're hoping that he'd be great at this point and that is not quite there.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: What's the name of this game?
Speaker 7: Sawas percent chance?
Speaker 2: Well, you are a wonder of your generation. No, I'm not, Yes you are, I'll be forgotten man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 2: What is the percent chance the ty Felton is w R three for your vikings for four games?
Speaker 7: Fifteen percent.
Speaker 4: I do think that that is another giant position of need that we really haven't discussed too much a lot. So much of the discussion is defense tied in running back wide receiver. Yes, it became news that we're going to, you know, give Addison his fifth year and all this other stuff, but.
Speaker 7: Beyond that, we still need a guy.
Speaker 4: I don't know if anybody is really excited about the fact that who we have at wide receiver three. Kind of goes back to my thought with Sadiq at eighteen is if we can go more twelve personnel with Hawkinson or Hawkinspiel or Hawkenberg, whoever you want to whatever you want to call him there Hawk, I think that makes up for the lack of a true number three receiver, so you can go more twelve personnel two pass catching tight ends. But I think if Koc had his druthers, that he'd find more of a true separator at wide receiver three. So look for that, maybe if not addressed in the draft, but maybe post draft free agency. There's still a number of guys that I think you can pick up, maybe on the cheap, so I would put it. Actually, the percentage pretty low that Felton Issie number three next year Boom, I.
Speaker 3: Saw, I'm gonna hit the chime and then you're gonna say the name of the game, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I agree with you, Ben. I also think that a wide receiver could be taking it. Pick forty nine, Yeah, forty nine, and if the right one is there, I don't think it's out of the world that they would take one at eighteen.
Speaker 7: Ray Charles, Yeah, thank you. You guys hate me, I love you.
Speaker 3: That was a Pepsi commercial. I wasn't taking a shot at you.
Speaker 2: You got the right wall, bye bah you said if you get the right never.
Speaker 9: Mind, You're not going to be forgotten. I'm gonna remember you.
Speaker 7: No, you won't. Who are you talking about? Yeah, who are you talking?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I was just singing that Sara mcglackman's song.
Speaker 8: Or Dog's Dads melt rogs on here we forgot hit the chime. It's like Pavlovian let's go chance then salivating.
Speaker 2: Percent chance that Jay Ward is a starting safety for an NFL team at some point in his career.
Speaker 4: Hmm, any NFL team, Yeah, any any. I wouldn't say, I would say sixty percent chance. And I think that's I think that's fair. I think he's I think he's exceeded expectations. He's played multiple positions in the back end of the secondary. I think he flashes a little bit more than people realize. And if he gets the right opportunity of the right system, yeah, I'd say sixty percent chance. That's a that's a really as really Rosie would say off the board question, Well, I was.
Speaker 2: Really surprised by and I don't mean to if anybody I thought he took that job from d O last year. I thought he you know, I was surprised by you how well he played on defense.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 7: Give me a give me a grade, you know, A to F.
Speaker 8: How you feel about the current safety situation with the Vikings where we add.
Speaker 7: See C minus.
Speaker 8: Maybe also highly likely they draft a safety right with one of these nine picks.
Speaker 7: It's highly like gotta get somebody else in the mix.
Speaker 4: I obviously feel like I feel like it will happen. I just don't know if it's going to happen at eighteen, but they will. They will draft a safety if they had their choice. Do you like McNeil Warren or theenum and better? I like theenem and better. To me, theenemon is the more is the more polished player. I think he's more Day one ready. I think that he has shown on tape a little bit more of what we how we like to use safeties. He's played in and around the line of scrimmage. He knows how to rotate back into the other zones. They do quite a bit of rotation at Oregon, a lot of post snap rotations. So it shows to me that he's able to handle some of the responsibilities because it's tricky. I mean, sometimes he'll be, let's say, on the left hash as a as kind of a down safety, and then he'll roll all the way to cover the deep third on the right over the corner, and that's like, that's a lot of thought process, right, You got to really think about what you're doing, especially on the run, and not to tip away what you guys are doing with your disguise coverage. So it feels like what he was asked to do at Oregon is going to translate to what we do here more immediately than McNeil Warren. Now. McNeil Warren is a much more physical safety. So if you're looking for an attitude setter, a tone setter on defense and you want somebody to light somebody up, he will do that. But at the same time, I'm surprised that he played an assystem with the same de coordinator for three years and it still looks like he's a read and ready act player versus really understanding where he's supposed to be. There are times where he, to me his body mechanics looks like he's a little lost. He doesn't quite know where he's supposed to be in coverage, versus Theeneman is much more intentional about where he runs.
Speaker 7: McNeil.
Speaker 4: Warren is a bigger guy, not used in the box as much, not used as a down safety as much, and he's the bigger player. He's a striker and he'll hit you and he'll flash on tape, but he'll also swing in a miss. Way too many miss tackles that I've seen on tape this last year.
Speaker 9: I know this isn't a bit called let's ask ben draft questions.
Speaker 7: This bit is called uh huh percentes.
Speaker 8: But if I could ask you a non percent chance question for a second at eighteen, let's say the Vikings do not move. Uh.
Speaker 7: You like Cidik, you Likeeneman?
Speaker 8: Give me give me the entire list of ten out of ten picks that you would be super happy about if we stayed put and that name fell to us at eighteen, so we don't have.
Speaker 7: To move at all. I assume those two are both ten out of tens.
Speaker 8: For you, the two that I just named Cieneman, you're both like thrilled if those names are eighteen.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm thrilled if we have a chance to get yeah.
Speaker 9: Is there are a couple more that are ten out of ten.
Speaker 4: That Peter Woods defense defensive lineman where Zach's vacationing, my god and camping.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: I think that he is. He's shown a ton of position versatility. Last year or two seasons ago, he was he was mostly used as such, sort of a five technique, kind of a classic looking defensive ends.
Speaker 7: You like him better than Dick Johnson? What about he's right on par with Harry Johnson.
Speaker 4: So he has shown he actually had a really splashy year two years ago as an out more of an outside guy lined up on the tackles, and then they decided to move him in last year to be more of a you know, play over the guards and more of that that a gap sort of b gap situation. And his numbers look like he went down a little bit, but he changed positions it's not quite the flat, flashy position, but he's he's quick off the ball. I really like his handstrike. I think that he's a really active player. Could be used in our system very very well. I think a couple of the corners, if they can get down to us, Delane's gonna be gone. The two to really watch are Avian Terrell from Clemson and Jamon McCoy from Tennessee.
Speaker 7: He transferred from Oregon State.
Speaker 4: McCoy's coming off in ACL blew up his his pro day because he didn't do anything at the combine and then he ran like a four to three something at his pro day. So he's probably your number two corner even though he didn't play at all last year.
Speaker 7: The potential for him is out of this world.
Speaker 4: If if we could get any one of those two guys, then I think that would be happy as well.
Speaker 7: Nell did what.
Speaker 2: About that center that they like? Penis theme Park?
Speaker 9: No, he'll be gone theme park. If you say last name theme park, he'll be gone. He'll be as a season past to beat us theme Park.
Speaker 7: I got a fast pass.
Speaker 9: I wasn't gonna say anything ten times.
Speaker 3: Act, don't you just did?
Speaker 7: I just heard you say it. You said it. That wasn't me.
Speaker 6: That was sounded.
Speaker 7: Exactly like you, Lema and I, Oh.
Speaker 4: So chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well go ahead, we're gonna we're doing a draft show.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're gonna do a mock draft today, a mock draft guys number one, Uh free, Nando Fernando, I'm gonna give you my hot take two weeks out. You guys don't care. It's not interesting, it's not funny. You guys think I'm a laughing joke.
Speaker 3: I don't think your jokes had anything to do with that.
Speaker 10: The Vikings will use one of their third round picks to move up to thirteen or fourteen.
Speaker 7: To take Caleb Downs, the safety from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: Wow, is that worth that? Ben crap?
Speaker 4: I honestly, I don't see a Starck star track. My My precent chance of that happening, I think is in that single digits, under ten percent, under ten per brilliant, under ten percent. The hell's happening that we use draft equity to move up in this draft. I think that there's a higher precent chance that we moved down in this draft.
Speaker 7: It crap, So I played it's a trap.
Speaker 8: Hawkshaid some guy from star Trek and then you go star track, and that's why.
Speaker 7: We all laughed.
Speaker 8: I'm not smart man, sorry, oh man, listening to use the best love it. I would pay for it on Patreon.
Speaker 7: I really wouldn't. We're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Star Trek, we got a star on the track coming up.
Speaker 8: What a transition. Yeah, we'll talk to uh, We'll talk to William so Walach after this. He's a friend of the show. Kid had a monster weekend, a groundbreaking weekend for him. Let's let's talk to him bit about it after this Power Trip Morning show on the Fence