Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeartRadio a app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Make us your top pre set on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: He who does without praise of the crowd will not deny himself the opportunity to be his own adherent adong the Yuks.
Speaker 4: Petrosan Money Am five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have got Dodgers Baseball coming up at seven o'clock tonight show Hal Tani on the Mound from the g Fordas Booth. Dodgers on Decad six show, Hey will pitch showers not hit? Pitch not hit. If you missed last hour, you miss Daniel Jeremiah. He missed a lot that Dodgers, I should say. Padres Cubs has Beanie Night tonight at Petco Park.
Speaker 3: Not a bad time.
Speaker 4: They gave away clothes. It got a little that was as puffy veast night. It got a little ugly.
Speaker 3: And then the team in between the Dodgers and the Padres has a rat infestation at the concession stands Dodger Stadium. One okay, just one, no, yeah, well one concession stand, multiple rat droppings. The Dodger lineup is out without o Tawny Dalton rushing looks like he's gonna gonna pitch. I mean he's gonna start gonna lead off as the dh Yeah, and then Freddy Free and then Will Smith and then Kyle Tucker and then the obese Max Muncie Tao Hernandez as he has referred to by Charlie Steiner, would you just say his whole name, please, Andy pajes Ap that song, Kim and Alex Freeland rounding it all out, more great sports talk all the way until six o'clock when Tim kakes We'll be back for more. All right, Ronnie, what's a good uh chick song? Sisters are doing it for themselves? Sis. Yeah, that's a great one right there. All right, Well, maybe we could dig that one up. His words, The word to night is the night at Uniclo Field. It is lady's night and the feeling's right. Oh, it's lady's night. Oh what tonight, Matt?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, dude, you're not gonna do the Oh all right. Whatever I was in my head, I was thinking women, it is women's night tonight and Dodgers some form of it. It is Women's Night tonight at Dodger Stadium Tuesday, April twenty eighth, Women's Night to Champion. You guessed it. Women, He's dumb ass, not frogmen. Women. Now, if you bought, if you bought the I don't know if you have to be a woman to buy the Women's package. Yeah. I don't think you have to, because then you know, you get the Dodgers, will get in the world. But the special Women Package includes your ticket to the game and an exclusive Women's Night quarter zip sweater. Do not miss out on the celebration. Get your tickets now. To be part of the festivity. You got to purchase the ticket package from a sales or off the website. Third party purchases don't include that sweet sweatshirt that you saw the Dodgers' wives modeling the other day. That's right, going, Yeah, they look good, but there's other stuff.
Speaker 4: Wives are the sweatshirts both they.
Speaker 3: Know tonight they will have a few different things around the stadium honoring women and women night at five ten pm, Matt so in less than an hour, okay, DJ Kara is going to spin her effortless blends and remixes.
Speaker 4: They really missed an opportunity to have DJ Citizen Jane.
Speaker 3: Well you got DJ karras she looks like a black lady with dreads.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: And then at five point.
Speaker 4: Twenty Grammy Award winning Mariiachi divas will enchance Centerfield Plaza stage with their vibrant blend. That's gonna be awesome of trendisional Mariacci and Modern Musica. Gracias porla Musica. At six o'clock, you guessed it an interview with Jordan Chiles. Who Jordan Chiles? Didn't she win the American Idol or something? I have no idea is that who that is?
Speaker 3: I don't know? Do you know?
Speaker 4: Jordan Chiles is a gymnast, Jordan American artistic gymnast. So I guess is that like the ribbon one? Or is that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, she's a UCLA all right, she's four eleven. My bad, I thought she was a American idoler gold medal winner Jordan Child, but an idiot, I am.
Speaker 3: Well, you made me look like an idiot too, thanks, Well, no, you made.
Speaker 4: Me look like an idiot by reading her name.
Speaker 3: She's at six o'clock. She's doing an interview, okay, at six twenty five the aces Well Farm rock out with the aces It's a bunch of chicks as they deliver high energy, feel good indie pop.
Speaker 4: Pretty popular, I believe.
Speaker 3: I guess. And then on the field, Jordan Chiles will be running around. The national anthem will be sung by Rosie or Rozzi r o z z. I. If I had to guess, i'd say she is a Latino, right.
Speaker 4: Or an Italian? Well, I don't, I mean double z Yeah, but I don't. I'm just saying, could be, don't no.
Speaker 3: Alana Haim from the band Ham you know the Glose girls that they're all kind of marginally attractive and they hang out with Taylor Swift who's also marginally attractive. Right, they're going to be out there too the night Women's Night Otani at the Mound. If they I mean, I wish they could have a girl pitch like they did in that Fox eleven show a while back. But I don't think it. I just probably not feasible.
Speaker 4: I wonder if I could score that, you know, I am built a certain way. I wonder if I could score that quarter sit.
Speaker 3: I think you would have done a great job at the photo shoot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I bet I fit into that thing.
Speaker 3: Real nice standing behind Will Smith's wife like she's the catcher and you're the umpire right, wearing your quarters zips.
Speaker 4: Perfect shot.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm surprised that Dodger owner and super woman in the world of women, Billy Jean King oh right wouldn't be h She might be front row center in this, but they did not. Does not look like she is. She's not on the headlines, but she still might make an appearance. So have a great time on Women's Night. Being a woman is better than being Greek because they don't have a Greek Knight at Dodger Stadium. But it's the same as being Guatemalan because they do have a Guatemalan Night at Dodger Stadium. So if you're a Guatemalan woman, you have an opportunity to develop. I don't crack. He's the under pressure I do when it comes to not having a Greek knight. The Kings can pull it off, with the Dodgers can't. What's the deal? And look, Matt told you they got an Italian to sing the anthem allegedly.
Speaker 2: Here's my number number of the day.
Speaker 4: Well, just kind of continuing our assault on the information the information man slash woman business in sports.
Speaker 3: I've been I'm very unhappy with the position, Matt, with its position and its place.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's three. This is yeah, just another what Matt number the day is three? Adam Schefter, who is recognized as the number one information man since WOJ got out.
Speaker 3: But he's funny. Remember that one time he had no shirt on?
Speaker 4: Was the Kirk did the Kirk Cousins thing? Adam Schefter? And you know, the information folks got to have relationships with certain front offices and certain agents and pretty much their job is to carry their water and that's how they break news. Adam Shef. This is a direct quote from an Adam Schefter tweet. Ravens are signing former Vanderbilt quarterback Diego Pavia to a three year deal, per source. Pavia was supposed to try out this weekend, but the Ravens signed him in advance. Now to the lay person, that would sound like, holy crap, Pavi, didn't you drafted? But he's got a.
Speaker 3: Three year deal.
Speaker 4: A freaking guy made it into the NFL on a three year deal. This is be And I don't know because Pavia famously told John Gruden he wouldn't get to hire no agent because he ain't given ten percent to no chunk. Probably would have helped them get drafted. Young men hire an agent. It's a pretty gnarly game out there, and if you're as dumb as Diego Pavia, it's probably gonna be pretty hard for you to navigate it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not like he was a runner up for the Heisman. He probably didn't know where any agents were down there in New Mexico.
Speaker 4: Nobody offered their services to them. So I'm assuming since he realized his mistake hired an agent. They got him into Ravens camp. And what do they sign him to? According to Schefter, a three year deal. Three years is the standard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it isn't that what they all signed.
Speaker 4: Undrafted free agent contract. It is a three year deal at the league minimum base salary.
Speaker 3: It's not anything beyond that. It is no different, is it a guaranteed?
Speaker 4: The guarantees on a UDFA are typically in the sixty to one hundred thousand dollars range, and they're like eight hundred I think the minimum now is eight eighty five or right in there per year. It is the exact same contract that pick your team and whatever UDFA they're bringing in signed.
Speaker 3: The exacting eight foot linebacker Gentry from USC went undrafted something that he signed.
Speaker 4: He got a three year deal. That is the it's an undrafted college free agent contract. That schefter chose to word that way on a high profile.
Speaker 3: Guide headlines on all the news headlines said, Diego Pavia three year deal with the ravens Lands three year deal, blah blah.
Speaker 4: Blah exactly, and it is so just misleading and dirty pool to do that to goosen agent a three year deal.
Speaker 3: Now, now you can correct me if I'm wrong, Man, I'm asking right. You can get undrafted and they sign you something a little bit better than what they would have normally, and you can be drafted really late, but you get a little bit better of a deal or some guaranteed money because they really like you, or something like that like that.
Speaker 4: There could be there could be teams jockeying for your services in the UDFA marketing, right, So that's your leverage, and they'll give you a little bit more. Hey, they're going to guarantee you what eighty all, right, will guarantee one hundred and twenty like that absolutely will happen.
Speaker 3: And UDFA means undrafted free agent. So and just it's really upsetting, I think to a lot of people because just because you didn't get drafted doesn't mean you can't play pro football. No, I mean it really doesn't. And there's so many guys.
Speaker 4: Three guys made the Chargers last year, right, three, I mean they were undrafted.
Speaker 3: And and then it's a whole league, and then there's all the different guys and if you keep trying, a lot of them can end up breaking in. It doesn't mean your life's better or not because you played two or three years of NFL football. It's just it doesn't mean you can't play. And just because you got drafted doesn't mean you're going to have some great career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tony Romo was undrafted, right, a lot of people. But to have this is the same deal that anybody does. This is the exactly this is a undrafted free Every undrafted free agent contract is three years. That's what they are because that protects the team, like you said, if you do take off. They don't want to take these guys on and only have a one year deal and not have anything on the back end in case they have them make the team and then they lose them the next year for a couple million bucks the ones they developed them.
Speaker 3: A better deal based on your position, even if it's not a great position. But that's not what happened here either.
Speaker 4: No, and even if it is, it's marginal. It's just a couple ten to twenty grand in the signing bonus, you know, guaranteed money range. This is. I don't know what that I'm maybe maybe I'm wrong, But to me, when I saw that, it's just dude, it's a three. It's an undrafted free He was signed as an undrafted free agent to show up in camp. They can cut them and they'll be out at most a couple hundred grand maybe, which sounds like a lot to us, but his pennies For an NFL franchise, that's bringing in a guy.
Speaker 3: And wait, if he balls out, his mom's gonna be out there. Oh, whether tongue out.
Speaker 4: Right tongue out and those those biker shorts on that jersey.
Speaker 3: His brother's gonna get drunken disorderly five minutes into the first quarter of the first game.
Speaker 4: That's what you want.
Speaker 2: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 5: Wap what a predicament is our song of the day. And something new from the Claypool Lenin Delirium, a collaborative effort between Less Claypool and Sean oh No Lennon from the forthcoming record titled The Great parrot Ox and the Golden Egg of Empathy. An interesting title indeed, and rather fitting for a Less Claypool project that happens to be the third a full length studio LP featuring their brand of progadelic progressive psychedelic rock that has a release date of this Friday, May the first, and they'll be stopping by the Long Beach Amphitheater for a show on Friday that would be July the third. It's new music from the Claypool Lenin Delirium with joy.
Speaker 3: Would you go to that, Ronnie and be like a Beatles dork?
Speaker 5: I absolutely would. I wouldn't be a Beatles dork, but I just want to go see Less Claypool and Sean oh No Lennon, what a what a mile like?
Speaker 3: There'd be a lot of Beatles doorks there. You know you hear the music, you know what I mean? What a Motley Crue pairing that is?
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Sean oh No Lennon and the crazy Less Claypool for primus.
Speaker 4: Kind of playing Long Beach on July third.
Speaker 3: About that, you guys can go hold each other's pozza, right, let's go puzzo holding. That's a lot like the handholding and palace. Pretty hot. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadacres that money Smith. This is Petro Send Money on Demand.
Speaker 4: Dodger Baseball coming up at seven o'clock, Otani on the Mound, six pm. Dodgers on Deck with Tim Kates and Company, David Vassi in the next segment, Daniel Jeremiah in the last hour. Anything you missed you can always relive through the Petro Send Money podcast, available through the iHeartRadio appine.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy. Yeap is free, and so is the text. Do So and Matt. We have so much reaction to something I love, which is of course high school conversation. Now, this all started when somebody texted us about how robust and awesome oak Park is even though it's unincorporated, how high the Eagles fly with their academics, and that there is quote, I believe a butt ton of money in the unincorporated canyons of oak Park. The eagles fly high. And I came out and said, they can't step to my public academic institution that I barely graduated from, which is filled with Asians. Palas Verdi's Peninsula high, top of the hill, top of the heap. And Matt looked up some some of polls.
Speaker 4: The official was US News and World Report is the official academic rankings of record.
Speaker 3: Great sports talk, and that had Peninsula far ahead of oak Park. Ha ha ha ha.
Speaker 4: Thirty four to forty five.
Speaker 3: I believe it because I predicted. And now we have a lot of people trying to get winning their jaws talk about their own schools locally, or mentioned something that's already been mentioned. Carson High School just received a Distinguished School designation. That place has not been distinguished since the Coltberger was across the street and the horse meet. No, we did not. That's why it was called Colberg is defamation. It was not. That's called Coltberger because of the Carson Colts. Clearly horse meat turn you to horse meat. My brother's best friend was a principal at Palas Vernes High And you're right, pe lot of handholding told you. There you go, You're not wrong about the Asians p at Peninsula. Just look at the robotics team. All Asian know this. The Asian robotics team for our high school, Peninsula High is one of the greatest robotics teams ever assembled in the history of public high school robotics. And they do an unbelievable job. And I have visited their whatever you call it their lab, the Phantom Cats because you know where the panthers Matt right, So they're called the Phantom Cats Catz. They're going to the World Championship of Electronic robot Teams, one of six hundred in the world, forty six here in the state of California. I went to Sunny Hills High. Essay, I was one of the twenty kids not in an ap cl Yes, I struggled and barely made it fool. The magnet schools Matt are described by one textosur as a school within a school, right, which kind of makes more sense. Yeah, and if you don't have a football team, you don't get to be on the on the list. P Your high school football team had the Apple iPhone sweatshop kids and the jabbawaukeees, science fairs and dance battles must have been awesome. Yes, it was her school we did have.
Speaker 4: I got a robotic club, I got a jabbawak.
Speaker 3: Now, look, we did not have the robotics team in my time. And the very competitive the Asian dance thing wasn't much of a thing either. It was a lot more just giant cross color pants, tons of cigarettes and fistfights at pool halls and souped up hondas playing chicken on Silver Spur and on Hawthorn during lunchtime. Hawthorne Boulevard ride by Peninsula High famously right where Tiger Woods crashed and almost lost his leg reaching for relief, where he was reaching for relief. What about El Segundo High School? Petros Our realtor told us it was top five.
Speaker 4: School's you're a sensation.
Speaker 3: You don't say, you know?
Speaker 4: I can look it up right here on my phone it says it's two hundred and eighty. You think about how many people are here in southern California. That's pretty dark.
Speaker 3: It's top five. It has to be a high school with an actual football team. You got to start with that list, Okay, I mean, you know that's where That's kind of where I was with Oak Park in Peninsula High. I mean, we might not be that good, but we feel the team. Now. Back in the day, we really fielded a team. You know nothing about the five five nines University High School, the Phoenix Rise from the Acidge Dashes, but I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, no, we were giving them. We're paying them a compliment.
Speaker 3: We played Whitney High School in baseball and one twenty six to nothing, go mayfair montsoon. Whitney High School in Serrinos doesn't just have Asians, it has Indians too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, there next to Bellflower and the cash and carry grocery stores. So there is some high school action Matt from many of our listeners.
Speaker 4: Because he doesn't know that India's cotton innov Asia, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, I mean there is a distinction, you know what I mean, Like you get an Indian guy when.
Speaker 4: I say Indian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I see an Asian guy, like when we aren't Asians at Peninsulaniore. Correct, and we do have a few Indians, but you know it's not we had Suda Ready, Suda Ready, who was yeah, one of the great Asian uh Indian pitchers of all time, pitch for Yale as a white man who went to Peninsula High. I can distinguish the ethnicity of every type of Asian sir, from Tie to Taiwanese to Korea. That was a text though, So that wasn't even me. We'll be back, we'll have more great sports talk. David Vasse will join us to talk an Asian pitcher tonight, shoe hail TONI. Then we're going to do the quick hits. Matt's got a top story. I think he's going to talk about football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got some football today.
Speaker 3: We'll do the Dead and Alive guy Birthday of the Day. You're right, Matt, Indians are technically Asians unless they're like from the coaches.
Speaker 4: I guess, unless they're Lakota Sue, than they'd be Native Americans.
Speaker 3: Native American Indians, because if you're just a Native American, how do you get in on Indian Gaming. Got to think about that, yeah for a point, because I want that, ye shah, you do you want a piece of that? You've seen the gold dripping from the Marano tribes hands, right, kidn't. We'll be right back with David Vasse. Back.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Some Money on Demand.
Speaker 4: Touchro Some Money, five seventy Ela Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app your home in the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers, Dodgers, Marlins Tonight, Otani on the Mound and last night, Oh it looked bleak, but man did the worm turn in the ninth inn.
Speaker 1: P with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vassie Report with David Vase.
Speaker 3: The worm turn right into the lizard's mouth. David Fasse joins us on your Dodger Station. David Vasse with a great interview with Kyle Tucker last night after his walk off game winning single. Everybody excited that the Dodgers dug that one out, and even Stephen Nelson had to admit that Yoshinobu Yamamoto was not sharp and it's hard, that's not easy. Joining us now Vetrim Sports at la MLB Network the great David Vasse was on the scene last night. He's always on the scene on the Petrosen Money Show. What's cragging, Dave? How are you hey?
Speaker 6: It's a great day in La drove my Hyundai Tucson from Downey Hyundai all over the city today. It even made the hills in Silver Lake, so it's a tested during the streets and on the freeway. So thanks to my guy Sam at Downey Hundai. You passed the test of the silver Lake Hills today on the way to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: So give us an update with Otani. You know he'd been strug way to go, Dave. By the way, those are hard hills to navigate day. Yeah, there you go. That's why you need a Hundai. But very interesting Otani not going to dh tonight. Did get it going at the plate last night. Probably if that wasn't a ground rule double, the Dodgers would have tied it up earlier. But what is your thoughts about Otani and kind of how he's working his way through April a month that you told us. He told you he's notoriously slow at the dish.
Speaker 6: With Yeah, it seems like he's getting ready for a big May like he did last year when he hit fifteen home runs in the month of May, the month that he hit more home runs than any other month last season, and in the last three games for the Dodgers, he is starting to take better o'tani quality at that's not necessarily home runs, but you know, on Sunday a leadoff walk to really get things going, spark the offense by stealing a base and forcing a bad throw. He was on base all four times Sunday and then last night coming up big in a clutch situation in the ninth inning. So it seems like we're just a few days away from the beginning of May and Otani already is getting ready for a hot month. So that's a great sign. And also Dave Roberts did announce after the game last night that indeed, show Heyotani will not dh tonight. He will just be the starting pitcher. There's a day game, early game twelve ten tomorrow, so the Dodgers are load managing O'tani. And Andrew Freeman gave us so many insights over the weekend, and that was one of them on how they plan on not having O'tani go wire to wire pitching and hitting and nights like tonight. In these circumstances, the Dodgers are going to do what's best for the long run. In Otani's case.
Speaker 4: You've talked about it before, Dave with Freddie how they want to give him days off. He won't take days off. In terms of like, do you know where Otani is in all of this? Is he alright with it? He seems like someone that's comfortable kind of going along with what the team thinks is best for him. But what are his feelings on not hitting on days that he pitches?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dave Roberts said, the first time they did this during the Mets series, he just gave him a sho shoulder shrug and had his eyes wide open when he told him he wasn't hitting. So I think he understands. He's thirty one years old right now. The recovery time. No matter how great of an athlete and how much work he puts in, it's got to be tough to bounce back. I mean pictures that are not hitting and leading off and being that guy get massages the next day for four hours. It can't be easy to bounce back after making starts the way he's making them. And trying to be the guy at the top of the order. So I think he understands that and is probably conceding because they have to have this open dialogue with him. The Dodgers are so good at that. Unlike what we've heard out of Boston, where they basically tell you shut up and play, the Dodgers are the opposite. And that's what players have told me. They don't just tell you what they're planning on doing. They actually give you a reasonable answer and also have some dialogue with you about what they're thinking. So I'm sure the Dodgers have had that dialogue with Otani, not just two days ago or a week ago, but coming into spring training.
Speaker 3: For sure. That was never my philosophy of management. David Vesse joining us right now on the Petrosen Money Show on ampires.
Speaker 6: Do an off day show, and that's it, Dave.
Speaker 3: Kyle Tucker, you had the great interview with him. Seemed to mean a lot to him last night getting that hit. As you said, not really an emotional guy. But what's he been like to deal with? What are your vibes about Tucker? Now that we're about a month or so in.
Speaker 6: He's not going to be Justin Turner or on the very opposite end of the spectrum, Yasielpuige. He is who he is, and that's why the Dodgers were a perfect fit for him. He doesn't have to be the guy. He doesn't have to be the guy that gets all the attention before and after every game. And that's why I think he understood that LA this team right now is a way better fit for him to just be one of the guys than it would be going to New York or even getting that long term, ten year contract with the Blue Jays. And yeah, look, the swing hasn't been there. He's been pressing, it just hasn't been there for him like so many other guys. But you hope a hit like last night can get him going to relax and just be himself. And I firmly believe this, and I don't have the numbers at my fingertips, but he's looked much better and more comfortable since Dave Roberts moved him to the second spot, to the cleanup spot. If you go back and look at his best years with the Astros, he was hitting fifth, behind guys like Bregman, Correa Altuve and Jordan Alvarez. He's not the guy, and I think the Dodgers understood that when they signed him. And hitting fourth is not hitting ninth. It's still a very important spot, but I think he's just more comfortable hitting fourth and letting the game breathe and come to him more than being the guy hitting right behind Otani. So I feel like that is part of all this as well.
Speaker 4: Now Tani scored that game winning run off the game winning hit from Tucker back to Otani. Dave, the numbers are ridiculus, right, It's an incredibly small sample, only twenty four innings pitched, but I mean a point three eight er point seventy five whip. I think the batting average against is in the one hundreds. Is he pitching as well as the numbers say he's pitching. Yes.
Speaker 6: That last start in San Francisco was many say the best start he's made as a pitcher in quite some time. He was just unbelievably dominant his fastball. He was dotting one hundred miles an hour on the corner. He was using his sweeper. He didn't mix in his curveball as much. But he came into this season similar to his first year with the Dodgers with a goal, and it seems like he is going all in to try to win the cy Young this year because, let's face it, like I said's thirty one years old. His arm is the healthiest it has been in a few years. This may be the best opportunity he has to win the cy.
Speaker 2: Young with the Dodds.
Speaker 6: So I feel like he's pouring a lot more into that and it's a balance to readjust to try to be as good of a hitter as he has been the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Stacken Trophy, stacks and stacks and stacks. David Vassy the best and the best. We appreciate you, Dave. Have a great night out there with a fish.
Speaker 6: All right, Thank you, guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: There he goes David Massy with the insight on Ladies' Night at Dodger Stadium, Women's Night. This is ladies nurt earn the feelings. Right. Okay, we'll be right back with another hour a great sports talk on m FI seventy LA Sports Your Home and the Dodgers