Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. It is kd WB on the Dave Ryan in the Morning show. Here we are guys. You kind of go sometimes, why do things like this happen in Minneapolis? You know, we have we we love our city, we love our surrounding area. And then it's like, what again, why is it coincidental? Is it just bad luck? Is it I don't know. So that's one thing. You know, I'm sitting there last night going, Okay, what do we talk about on the radio this morning? You know, it's such a it's such a weird day. We have a job, number one. We have a job and that is to you know, to inform and entertain and at the same time, when something big and you know what I'm talking about, the whole ice shooting last night, when something like this happens, you sound like a dummy to not acknowledge it, like it's kind of like, you know, well, of course you have to talk about it as part of our community. At the same time, you know, we have a big policy on the show that we don't do politics, we don't do things.
Speaker 2: And I said, well, here's what we can do. We can't put the open up the phones, so we.
Speaker 1: Can have people call in and talk about how you feel and what your thoughts are. I know what would happen. It would quickly become politicized pretty much. And and that's and and and that's great maybe it should be, but not on this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not what we do.
Speaker 2: That's not what we do.
Speaker 1: And I told Susan last night, it's kind of like if you if you listen to kat W Tob and you're going, well, why are they not talking about the Ice shooting and in depth? Why are they not putting callers on? I said, it's kind of like walking into a barber shop and looking for groceries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, you know, it's like.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not space for it.
Speaker 1: And but but at the same time, to pretend like you know, I mean, if Jenny was missing a leg and I didn't acknowledge, like Jenny Hunt what happened, Well, let's talk about your leg. It would be just weird. That's a horrible analogy. But I'm doing this live.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We don't talk about my leg, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just weird that there he was there yesterday, what happened?
Speaker 1: So and I think we also have a responsibility to this sounds kind of silly, but it's not to me. To the mental health of people who come to us for an anti dote to life.
Speaker 3: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I felt like that yesterday where I was like, I can't be on social media anymore.
Speaker 4: So I was I'm done. I'm hanging it up for the day.
Speaker 6: It's just tough because you say this anytime, you know, and it sucks that you have to keep saying this, But anytime something happens, we'll mention it. Right now with six 'oh nine, somebody would sun it in a six fourteen, Why don't you guys mention it? Well, we do, right, but like in little spurts, because that's not what our show is, you know.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. And so it's one of those things.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like when George Floyd it's like, well, well of course you're going to talk about it because it was so an enormous thing and if you remember, and maybe you do, maybe you don't. I tilled everybody the next day, take the day off. I think Jenny came in to answer phones or something. I said, every take the day off. Don't come in. I am just going to open the phones and you talk, and we let people of color talk, opening the phones. What do you you've heard enough about the old white guy, what he was saying on the radio. Let's open the phones about what you want to say. And so it was very powerful. And the only song we played was Where Is the Love? All morning long? Because I think there are certain things that you know, you have to acknowledge, you have to talk about, So we want to acknowledge it your right vaunt at six people will turn the microphones off and somebody will text and say, I can't believe you're not talking about it, and we will mention it a few more times. What I would ask Jenny, Jenny's got the news sources in front of her. So what I think we should do is have Jenny once in a while check in to see if there are any news updates on the Ice shooting. But we are not going to open the phones and put people on and have you you know, you absolutely have an opinion, but we don't want to politicize this whole event, because that is not what we do. There are people who are tuning in because man, they're lonely, they don't have a companion, or maybe they're going through a crisis and they need some cheering up, and so Bailey may at some point time during the morning say something funny not guarantee, no guarantees, no, no, no. So there is a responsibility we have. So I think we could talk about this for a long time. But I think you get you've heard us handle things like this before, and that's kind of where we stand. So I hope you agree. And if you don't agree, then piss off. Now that's a joke. Now that's a joke because no American says piss off. That's a British thing, am I right?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, I feel like I've heard Americans say it, not really no, follow.
Speaker 7: It's a British thing in the sense of being like shut up, you know, like that's what it'd be like for us, where off is kind of like a funny thing, but like for Americans to say it, it actually does sound offensive.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. Oh.
Speaker 6: You can't be mad at people with British accents though, because you love their accent.
Speaker 1: So if you tell me to piss off, I'm like, all right, I'll go do it so charming. All right, we'll be back in a second, I'm Katie. It will be we'll do some regular things coming up. We're going to cover the soup brackets because this is important, nonsensic, cold, good mood kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: The Daily Bailey, the sing.
Speaker 1: Along, War of the Roses, wild tickets, John Mulaney tickets, the things that you expect from us. Coming up on Katie. You'll be Ryanshell on Kati WB.
Speaker 5: Today is National bubble Bath Day, and I have some bubble bath questions for all of you. Think about the last time you had a bubble bath or the best kind of bubble bath you may have.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna ask you some questions about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, David, Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Are you a bath person or a shower person?
Speaker 2: Definitely a shower person, But I do enjoy a bath here and there.
Speaker 4: Do you have one of the last time you got bath?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably in Colorado, probably after like doing something cold and awful outside. And then I do have bubble bath under the synk in Colorado. It's a regular bathtub and I will I will admit it.
Speaker 2: I enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I luxuriate in the tub, and I like some candles and I put on you know, iHeartRadio, and I say play seventies Love songs. Radies love songs, and I just enjoy it and it's great. I have no shame in taking a bubble bath.
Speaker 5: Do you like for anyone in this room too, and any of you listening as well as you can text him?
Speaker 4: Do you use like a scent for your bath?
Speaker 5: Like do you take bubble baths, bath bombs or whatever.
Speaker 4: Or like put in like an essential oil or something.
Speaker 2: A very good question. No, essential oil.
Speaker 1: Occasionally a bath bomb because they usually have a little unicorn inside.
Speaker 2: It's very cool and get that out of there.
Speaker 1: But usually sometimes just the kids mister bubble, which works just fine.
Speaker 4: I've heard that that's very bubbly when you gets a.
Speaker 2: Level too bubbly. Yeah, you got to use it with caution, do you do.
Speaker 7: I don't go out and buy bubble bath myself. I usually just use like whatever kind of gelsop I have to make bubble very nice, very nice, lucrative in that way you seem like a bath person.
Speaker 6: No, actually, I can't take the last time I took a bath, I and this is just such a bomp thing.
Speaker 3: I think it's gross to sit in.
Speaker 2: I knew it in your own room field.
Speaker 6: But at the same time, I have no problem with hot tubs anddraakoozies, which is shared filth.
Speaker 3: So my logic is pretty flawed.
Speaker 6: I will say when I was younger and used to take a bubble bath, I used to like to take it and put on my face, so I have a little beard.
Speaker 3: Bubbles just be so stupid.
Speaker 5: That does bring up a good question, vond is a jacuzzie and or a hot tub just a giant bath pretty much?
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess there's like chlorine in a jacuzzi, so it's somewhat cleaner, but not really when you add more humans in it.
Speaker 4: Do you have chlorine in your in your hot tub?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh absolutely, Yeah, Well it's not chlorine. Chlorine is produced by when your body oils and liquids and sweat and things like that interact with the chemicals in the pool. That creates chlorine. So if the pool smells like chlorine, that's a dirty pool.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you walk into your high school pool and it smells like chlorine, or your community pool and it smells like chlorine, that's a dirty pool.
Speaker 5: He's got a bunch of high school boys in there, like pan and sweating. You know.
Speaker 3: What I always thought was a mid pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I always thought that when you pee in the tub or in pee in the pool and it turns blue. I thought that was a myth just to get people scared to not pee in the pool.
Speaker 2: It is a myth, it is, Okay, Yeah, I've never heard of that.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you would tell kids like, oh, you pee in the pool, there will be it'll turn purple or blue. I mean, I'm not gonna do it. Well, that's a myth to keep the kids from peanut.
Speaker 3: That's what I always thought. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They also say, you know that lavenders are really great scent for you to put in your bubble bath for relaxation. Eucalyptus if you're feeling kind of ill and you need to be invigorated, perhaps lemon lemon grass, a bright, sweet citrus scent to wake you up as well, if you wanted to wake up after a bath.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I never usually do. But here's my piece of advice for you.
Speaker 5: If you're going to a birthday party for kids or even adults, whatever, and instead of buying a toy for those kids, buy a bunch of bubble bath and one of them little rubber duckies.
Speaker 4: I always get that for every single child's birthday I go to.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea.
Speaker 4: It's always a huge hit.
Speaker 2: Well depends on the age of the kid.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I don't get it for like a thirteen year old girl, but maybe also do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, everyone.
Speaker 1: Likes maybe, so yeah, is it National bubble bath Days?
Speaker 5: National bubble bath Day? Thank you and let's celebrate today together.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you to.
Speaker 2: Bailey.
Speaker 1: All Right, it's Katie Able to be on the Dave Ryan that show, Wild Tickets coming up. War of the Roses, John Mulaney and Moores stay here. Happy birthday Noah Cyrius. So I mean big. I love Noah Cyrus. She's twenty six years old today. So if you see her she waits your table that I hoped today, make sure you tell her happy birthday, we say.
Speaker 2: To her, and I hop all right, it's Katie. You'd be good morning.
Speaker 1: We have things to talk about, as you know, but we'll talk more about those a little bit later. We're trying not to flood the show with awful negative things, so we're going to keep things upbeat, but ack knowledge once in a while.
Speaker 2: Things that are going on.
Speaker 1: By the way, somebody said a pool certified pool tech. Wow said if you see foam, he texted it or she I don't know, text in a minute ago and they said, okay, I'm a certified pool tech. What do you want to No, they say, if you smell chlorine in the pool, stay out. Hot tub, stay out. That means it's oversaturated with filth and poop and flavor poop. And also if it is foaming in the hot tub, it is filthy. I went to Carson's hot tub when in La one time I had to push the foam out of the way.
Speaker 2: To get in.
Speaker 1: I was practically and I thought it was it's just bubbly. And then I learned later, and I'm not a germophobe. I'd learned later it's like, oh, it was filth, skin, hair, teeth, things like that. Their teeth in your hot tubs. All right, what are we gonna play for the sing along song of the day? Get an idea, let us know, give you a little something to sing along with on the radio. Send in a text at kd WB one. That's how we get our suggestions for the sing along song of the day. Unless one of you guys had a great idea. Let me know, I would like to.
Speaker 4: Hear Michael Bolton. How can we be lovers.
Speaker 2: Out of the format? Sorry, that's years.
Speaker 1: Years I met you yet. No, well that one we gets a banger. We could maybe do that one. We'll see what kind of suggestions we get. We'll come back with your sing along song of the day and e w B Okay, we got a good choice for the singalong song of the day.
Speaker 2: On the phone, who are we going to talk to?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Did you answer that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi? Who is this Hi? I think you were who?
Speaker 7: I just called to see what you wanted to hear for a sing along and she just called back and you picked up live.
Speaker 2: Look are you hi? Jony?
Speaker 1: I'm glad you called. It is so exciting You're you're on the radio. You've been listening since third grade and now you're on Katie WB that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, you're almost right. I've been listening since nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 2: Y three, that's the same year I started.
Speaker 4: Wow, I know you and I have been You.
Speaker 1: And I have been through so much together, Jony. I mean several marriages, kids, divorces, that whole old scandal, you know, the scandal you know that.
Speaker 4: The scandal was really bad. That almost ruined me, but I came back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I talked about my scandal. But okay, I'm blessed.
Speaker 3: But you've been to so much together.
Speaker 1: You know, how did Jony get to be so funny by listening to Katie WB?
Speaker 7: Real?
Speaker 2: How did I get to be so funny by watching it? Does off?
Speaker 1: I think that when you listen to Katie WB you get funnier and more charming.
Speaker 3: Yep, you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 1: All right, Joni, Let's what song do you want to hear for your sing? A long song of the day.
Speaker 3: I wanted to hear tub sumpers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this song goes back twenty twenty five years or so. Nobody plays it anymore, but it is a banga. Let's play it for you. Joni.
Speaker 2: Thank you, have a great day. Thank you too.
Speaker 8: Bye, kd wb U.
Speaker 1: Four Trotin wereroudly by the Leo Age and c. This is a really cool story. It is a list of things that were socially acceptable back in the nineties but not today.
Speaker 2: And to some people the nineties seemed like.
Speaker 1: It was like this a few years ago, but you realize it was twenty five years ago, and let's get started. Things that were okay in the nineties but not anymore. Showing up at somebody's house unannounced just to hang out and they were actually happy that you stopped by. Now, you guys might not remember this, but it's true. And I used to drop by my neighbor Joel's house in Colorado and like, you know, hang out for a while, and he would come by my house. And now anymore it's like, hey, are you home. I thought i'd swing by for a little while. Right, You don't just drop in anymore, leaving your kids in the car when you went grocery shopping weather permitting.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was always left in the car.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you liked it. It was like, oh, I get some time here in the car. Yeah, you have to hang out, yep. Smoking in a restaurant, even Burger King had smoking sections and every bar smelled like an ash tray. And when you'd go in, the hostess would be holding a stack of venues and would say smoking or non believe it or not. You don't remember that, do youvon not.
Speaker 3: Smoking or not?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Not really, No, I don't miss that.
Speaker 5: But when I like walk into a casino that still has like smoking.
Speaker 4: It is weirdly nostalgic, be like, ah, yes, reminds me of my childhood.
Speaker 1: I think most casinos allow smoking. I don't smoke anymore, so I don't really notice. But you kind of expect that smell when you walk into a casino.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but doesn't like certain casinos they still have a section, so they'll ask you, they'll put you in that smoking non smoking section.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's everywhere, click on the like the slots floor. At least, it seems like an ash tray sitting there like pushing a button and just chain smoking.
Speaker 1: If I remember in Vegas, and again I don't smoke, I don't really notice, but I think it's a city of vices. They give you free alcohol, you can carry a yard glass full of beer down the street, and you can smoke everywhere.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you came in Vegas. I will say that. I think it's a little restricted mare so though in other states. Yeah, because I don't remember walking into like Boo Bash and being overwhelmed, no mystic, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, yeah. Other things that were acceptable in the nineties but not today. Babysitting at age ten, multiple kids at once, and one of them is a newborn. You had ten year old take care of your kids?
Speaker 2: Were you?
Speaker 4: I baby sat my cousins? Yeah, newborn and like two year old old? How old were you I took? I think of like the babysitting class.
Speaker 7: I took a babysitting glass too, got certified. Do I remember anything from it, Nope? But I started watching them when I was ten.
Speaker 1: Interesting mooning people mooning people. It was a much more common prank back then, and people just kind of accepted it. Try it now, and you might get arrested for moving.
Speaker 4: To do that all the time.
Speaker 7: Because my best friend lived in the country, so we just like go out on the lawn and anytime a random car pass every like ten minutes at night, like they probably didn't even see us, We'd be like whoo. Then one time her uncle lives across the street on the other farm, definitely with her uncle pulling.
Speaker 1: It, and I'm like, hack in the house, Okay, that's funny. Other things that were acceptable back in the nineties but not today. Making plans with somebody days and days in advance, not talking to them about it again, and then just showing up without having confirmed that your plans are still on. Now it's like, Okay, Bailey and I are going to go to lunch a week from Tuesday. Then we'll be like, we're still on, and the day before were still on even that day are we still on for lunch?
Speaker 2: I wonder why when and why that changed?
Speaker 6: Maybe because you have cell phones now, so it's more accessible to talk often, I think.
Speaker 5: So I was just having this conversation with regular guy yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was complaining, that's her new boyfriend, my.
Speaker 5: New boyfriend, aim that we're too accessible now, and then I wish I could have just lived a little bit like of the nineties, like pre cell phone, pre text message yes, because I was thinking about like in friends, like there's six of them and that's probably their entire friend group, and now, like, think about how many people have access to you at any given time because they can text you and then they're like, hey, let's set up a time, and then you're like, oh crap, now I got to look at my planner to set up a time to.
Speaker 4: Go get lunch with so and so and so and so and so and so.
Speaker 5: And it's just gosh, I would love to just live like one week sands any kind of contact information.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting point because this was like a landline, you know, right. Another that was kind of goes to this point not being reachable at all times. If somebody wasn't home back then, you had to wait. You'd call their house, they didn't answer, you got their answering machine and be like, oh, well they're not home right now. Now you call them. They've always got their phone on them and you can text your call. Yeah. Another one having no idea where your kids are. They literally had to make a PSA that said it's ten pm, do you know where your children are?
Speaker 2: Moon?
Speaker 1: Oh, we already did mooning people. So those are things that you used to be able to do back in the day, but not any longer. And that is that you can't make this stuff up on k d W B. If we took out the soup brackets, yeah, let's do. Yeah, we have cover those yet.
Speaker 6: So we're doing the best soups ever on our Instagram story. We started with sixteen earlier this week, and now we're down to the final two.
Speaker 2: Oh, we'll go vote.
Speaker 6: So yesterday it was chicken wild rice versus chicken noodle soup, and I'll be honest, Chicken Wild rice, blue chicken noodle out of the park.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Okay, chicken noodle is a great soup, but it's mostly like when you have kind of maybe when you're sick or you don't have like Campbell's chicken noodle, but you'll make your own chicken noodle and that's like, oh, that's really.
Speaker 6: You wanted to be like chunky. Yeah, now that one blew that one out of the park. The last one was from yesterday, Tomato versus French onion. This was a bit closer than chicken noodle versus Chicken Wild Rice, but I think we can all predict Tomato one with fifty four percent of the.
Speaker 4: Vote, justice for a French onion.
Speaker 3: So now we're down to the top two.
Speaker 6: Okay, the top two are Chicken Wild Rice versus Tomato Soupase already, who's gonna win?
Speaker 1: Go vote? This is important stuff. Let's do the dirt on kt WB. We'll start off with something we started the show off earlier today, and that is, you know, the horrible events that unfolded yesterday here in the Twin Cities. And we will acknowledge it, of course because you know we live here, but will we spend a lot of time on it, not necessarily, and I think that's because, you know, it is just not what we do. And I think there's a lot of people who come to kt w B for the same reason that you might go to Dave and Busters. You know, you want to be cheered up, you want to be happy. You there's a lot of people who have you know, they're lonely, they have mental health issues, and they come to KTWB to as a as a balm for that. And when we need to get serious, we will and definitely acknowledge that. I'm gonna ask Jenny Jenny's kind of following the story, is there any new developments since we went to bed last night?
Speaker 7: I think if you went to bed early, the only newst development is that Minneapolis Public schools had canceled their classes for today and tomorrow and there's not going to be any e learning either or school sponsored activities. Those are all canceled. So I'm sure if you're in the district you already heard that information.
Speaker 4: But just so everyone's aware.
Speaker 1: Okay, it just seems like there's been way too many times in the last five ish years, six ish years where I mean starting with the guy who got shot by the cop over in Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: He was like land Castle exactly, thank you. Oh that was here, that was here, yeah, Oh my gosh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the the just different horrible things that have happened, and it's like, I don't know why it continues to happen, and it's like you wake up like every six months, it seems like you wake up and it's like, oh, there's another horrible thing that happened in Minneapolis, and it's like why what?
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Anyway, So we are here to acknowledge it, but not dwell on it, because, let's face it, if you are have an appetite for that, there are many many other places where you can follow that whole story.
Speaker 2: So necessarily here all right.
Speaker 1: In other dirt, Matthew McConaughey can't smoke dope pot with Woody Harrelson anymore. He says, the new stuff does not agree with my constitution and my mental makeup. So Matthew McConaughey, a guy who seems like he's perpetually stoned, says that he really can't hang anymore because it's just too strong.
Speaker 9: The new stuff does not agree with my constitution and my mental makeup.
Speaker 2: It goes the other way. Time speeds up from me.
Speaker 9: I've chipped front two three times, falling out of a tree on full moon. Wow of that stuff? Would he asked?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 4: I stay away from trees? My god?
Speaker 5: But it's Matthew McConaughey, Dave, you're you know, you know, seasoned person. So when you were younger and there was the marijuana, was it any different in your opinion?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't smoke anymore, so I couldn't tell you how strong it is today. But back in the day, fifth grade. I was in fifth grade the first time, fifth grade, the first time I ever smoked weed. Yes, I had such a great friend, Scott Duncan love this kid. He introduced me to everything bad Booze brand, BlackBerry brandy.
Speaker 4: Uh touching?
Speaker 3: What touching?
Speaker 2: Touching?
Speaker 1: I think you said, tousing? No, no, no, Well, actually there was a little bit of you know, there was a little bit of something, and I spoke my first cigarette in kindergarten. But back then I barely felt anything.
Speaker 4: Well you.
Speaker 2: Feel it not really? So yeah, it was not his potent back then.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, the Ashley Tisdale Mom group drama continues. Apparently members of Ashley Tisdale's toxic momb group and people adjacent to the group cannot help but chime in. So the most recent thing is apparently Haley Duff and Hillary Duff are estranged, which I did not know that, but they have not been seen together since before the pandemic. And Haley Duff went and liked some of the stuff that Ashley has been saying about this mom group. So everyone speculating saying that they're reading between the lines and Hillary is the toxic member of the mom group.
Speaker 1: Now, and no, she was the one blaming the other moms for being toxic, right.
Speaker 7: Well, Hillary Duff's husband was who went online yesterday or the day before saying like, oh, well, when you're the most toxic person, nobody wants to be around you.
Speaker 4: You want to focus on your kids.
Speaker 7: So that was Hillar Duff's husband yesterday who was saying a bunch of stuff. Well, now Hailey duffs entered the chat and she is seemingly taking Ashley Tisdale side.
Speaker 2: Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It is just like wild to hear all of.
Speaker 7: These women who are grown a adult having this kind of drama.
Speaker 6: I gotta find it. I was listening to something yesterday. It was an old Disney star. She was on that Sraven and she talked about how she after Disney, she had to be a server and she served Ashley Tisdale. She waited at her table and Ashley Tisdale was just made her very uncomfortable and she said that she didn't do anything particular, but just aura that radiated off Ashley.
Speaker 3: Tuesday was just like, no, I'm not feeling this.
Speaker 2: Who is the original instigator? Now I'm going to mix up?
Speaker 1: Was it Ashley Tisdale that said the rest of the moms are horrible and leave her out because they all had a birthday party and then afterward they all went together they go down to Olive Garden, but they left her out and she found out later they all went down to Olive Garden after the birthday party and she's like, no, these moms are horrible, and the moms were like, no, you're the horrible one. So it seems like Ashley Tisdale is the horrible one.
Speaker 4: But now according to Hailey Duff, Hillary horrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but all is clearly drama between her and her sister, so she's probably gonna back up anything that way makes her story better of whatever's going on between the two of them.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of Hillary Duff, she's teasing a new single off her new album. It's called luck or something.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a song that did not make the cut on the Taylor Swift album.
Speaker 3: This is what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I played that one seriously. I mean, it's like uncanny how much it'll sound alike.
Speaker 4: So whatever happens with that, I think.
Speaker 5: I think Hillary Duff has to, you know, clean up this whole Ashley Tisdale thing if she wants people to buy her album.
Speaker 4: No publicity is everyone's talking about it right now.
Speaker 2: You're right, that's true.
Speaker 6: Bowhen Yang we talked about how he left Saturday that Live Just out of Nowhere last righter for the end of the year, and he's talking more about it. He says, I feel like I was really bogged down the entire time I was there about the idea that there was no range in anything I did. I knew I was never going to play the dad. I was never going to play the generic thing in sketches. It's a sketch show. Each thing is like four minutes long.
Speaker 3: But he was tired of.
Speaker 6: Playing the gay guy or the you know, the Yeah, pretty much, the gay guy was all he played in most of his roles.
Speaker 1: He did play a revolutionary soldier one time when they were discussing the metric system and there was like George Washington explaining how, yes, we're gonna go with this system where twelve inches equals a foot. Oh well, then would there be twelve feet in a yard? No, there will be three.
Speaker 3: And it was just and.
Speaker 1: He's just like a regular revolutionary soldier and it was like that was one of the few times that Bow and Yang did not play the flamboyant gay guy.
Speaker 6: But do you feel like sketch shows you're kind of hired for that purpose, for the diversity of the show. You know, Keenan Thompson is always gonna play Steve Harvey when they do family Feud sketches on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 7: I think, is he talking bad about it? Or is it just that he wants to expand his career?
Speaker 4: So that's warts to saying that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like he's not talking aboud about it, that's one thing, But if he is, it's kind of like, well, you were probably hired to play that character.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it's your type, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Spencer Pratt remember him? Yes, he has announced his candidacy for LA mayor.
Speaker 3: Is this as usual is.
Speaker 10: A death sentence for Los Angeles? And I'm done waiting for someone to take real action. That's why I am running for mayor.
Speaker 2: Okay? Wow.
Speaker 1: The primary scheduled for June third, and he'll be challenging the mayor and Governor Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 5: If you don't know who Spencer Pratt is, he's from like The Hills when The Hills was really big on MTV.
Speaker 2: Back twenty twenty eight years.
Speaker 7: Ago, Bravos Andy Gullen interviewed Heated Rivalry star Hudson Williams. Billy, you watched that or I am halfway through it?
Speaker 5: Is? It is really good, but it is very steamy, so like, don't watch it with children or your mom.
Speaker 7: Prey is like this newer show that's on HBO Max about hockey players and like just like guys getting together who are closeted. And I know that there's a Russian player who obviously cannot whatsoever come out because of politics and.
Speaker 4: Whatever the country is.
Speaker 5: And it's set in like twousand and eight to twenty fifteen, so it's even like yeah,