Speaker 1: TV and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's get into it. Still spill the tea for Cardi B on Katie WB. So we need to hear your best tea to go to the Cardi B Show. So let's talk to this person. High school is your title. Let's hear your high school girl tea. Go ahead, that's you.
Speaker 3: Good morning, can you hear me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, perfect. So I went to high school with this girl.
Speaker 5: She was dating the same.
Speaker 3: Guy all through middle school, all through high school. After we graduated, they got engaged and shortly after they broke up.
Speaker 6: So they ended the engagement.
Speaker 3: And a little while later, so like a couple months later, they found out or she found out that she was pregnant and she posted her on Facebook whatever. Everybody thought that she was pregnant with her ex fiance's baby, but it was actually her exit dad's beat.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you're a sleep and with the dad's story a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the guy that she dated all through junior high, middle school, all through high school, got engaged to then broke up. It was her boyfriend's dad's baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh that is some tea.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Okay, thank you. Let's go to another high school story. Three high school teachers. Okay, let's hear your tea.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, So when I graduated high school, about a month in between, I had three different teachers reach out asking to go on dates with me. One of them which was a high school top, which was insane and I probably should not be saying this, but actually one of them asked for my phone number on my way out the door the last.
Speaker 9: Day of my senior year. And he's now the athletic director.
Speaker 10: Oh that is all bonkers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Oh, well, I know my way.
Speaker 10: Write a book.
Speaker 1: I know you could write a book.
Speaker 2: Another one, baby daddy lying, let's hear your tea.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, around the time I was filing for child support, he had left the phone that was our family plan phone because I told him he had to leave it where Around that time, something in me said, check the email. So I checked the email, and in the email, right after I had my baby. Two weeks after I had him, I had to go back to work because he wasn't helping. Every time I would ask for support, he would say he didn't have any money. But in the email, I found receipt where he was sending over one thousand dollars at a time down to his ex girlfriend or his girlfriend that he was cheating on me with down in his home country. So I printed all those out and I sent them to the judge to prove that he was working. So they already knew that when they uh all the paperwork. Oh, a pretty lump sum of money. Only calls to see how I'm doing. He never calls to ask how baby's doing.
Speaker 8: Wow, Okay, some tea. Let's go to this one.
Speaker 2: You know something about a co worker and you're going to spill the tea about this coworker. What's the tea? Yes, you say hello? Hye, yes, go ahead.
Speaker 12: So my coworker, who is a teacher's aide, is about to get fired because he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Do his job at all.
Speaker 12: He's supposed to be watching the kids, but instead he's wandering the halls while the kids he's responsible for are also wandering the halls, but running darting down the halls because no one's watching them. So when he is in the classroom, he's literally just glued to his computer checking emails for an entire class period.
Speaker 13: I'm like, bruh, you're a teacher's aide who is.
Speaker 4: Emailing you croom, but he literally.
Speaker 12: Escapes the room and won't and he won't even notice until someone's radio wing asking why student's running through the buildings. Administration's and documenting and everything, and.
Speaker 13: His little imaginary inbox is about to constant his.
Speaker 11: Dumb where he's going in today and he's going to get fired today.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you feel good about that, don't you.
Speaker 12: By the end of the week, because they've been documenting since after winter break and it's been every single day.
Speaker 10: Man, I love school tea like tea that happens there feels juice here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a sixty year old and you're telling us a story about you. Tell me it's a sixty year old. What's the tea?
Speaker 5: Okay, So, Dave, my brother is Dayton, a sixty year old woman. Now my brother is paint for a couple of years. She is cheating on him with an eighteen year old.
Speaker 8: She must be hot.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 5: They met it up down and within an hour she had them in the bathroom and they've been together every since.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 11: So they met it up down, which is the the video arcade? Yeah yeah, and so oh yes, and so she's got him in the okay in the bathroom. And now she's cheating on your brother who is twenty. She's sixty with an eighteen year old.
Speaker 14: Yeah, crown.
Speaker 1: You wo shake your brother? Yeah, shake him up?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 2: Last one, this is credit card lies. Let's hear your tea. What do you got?
Speaker 14: Well, we have a family shared card, so my husband gets notifications when the card has been used. Well, I don't like to catch grief when I'm at at tarje or Walmart, and so I will use a different card to reduce how much she sees, so I do not get grief about how much money I have.
Speaker 13: Splitting the little wholesome, I'm feeling pretty.
Speaker 8: Good, so it's a little more wholesome.
Speaker 2: It doesn't involve a sixty year old cheating with an eighteen year old, but I like it. Please hold. So we have the girl from high school that got pregnant with her boyfriend's dad. We've got the three high school teachers asked her out right after she graduated. Wow, baby daddy lying about child support and says he doesn't have any money, but he's sending money to his other girl. On side, the coworker that knows that they are getting fired as somebody is getting fired today. Sixty year old cheating on a twenty year old with an eighteen year old and lies to her partner about the credit card. I'm staying out of this one, you guys decide.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think it's between two. Personally.
Speaker 10: The two juiciest ones to me are the sixty year old cheating with the eighteen year old. Yeah, and then also the three teachers asking her out on the last day of school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Those are my two.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I feel like the sixty year old is just so unbelievable that that has to be in the running.
Speaker 16: Yah.
Speaker 8: Sixty year old, Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Sixty years old cheating on your brother with an eighteen year old, You're a winner. You're gonna go see Cardi B.
Speaker 8: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Are you going to take your brother to this concert? Or what I'm gonna.
Speaker 8: Story? Wow?
Speaker 2: All right, Remember if you didn't get through for tea today, we'll probably do it again tomorrow for another pair of Cardi B tickets on Katie w B.
Speaker 8: Right now, though, let's do that show one on one three kd WB.
Speaker 2: Savannah Guthrie went on TV last night sometime yesterday with basically just a horrible, gut wrenching video pleading for the kidnappers to please contact them. Here's part of her video.
Speaker 16: Her mom is our heart and our home. She's eighty four years old. Her health, her heart is special. She lives in constant pain. She is without any medicine. She needs it to survive, she needs it not to suffer. Mommy, if you are hearing this, you are a strong woman.
Speaker 8: It is so sad.
Speaker 2: And then there's another part where they're actually addressing the kidnapper or kidnappers.
Speaker 16: We two have heard the reports about a ransom letter in the media.
Speaker 1: We are ready to talk.
Speaker 16: However, we live in a world where voices and images are easily manipulated.
Speaker 1: We need to.
Speaker 16: Know without a doubt that she is alive and that you have her. We want to hear from you, and we are ready to listen. Please reach out to us.
Speaker 2: And there was a ransom letter that TMZ got. I'm starting to smell a rat there, because why would you send the handsome letter to TMZ.
Speaker 1: Because you're slimy.
Speaker 8: That's probably why that you would not because you.
Speaker 10: Knew it could get out if TMZ has it right, Yeah, and it did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But also at the same time. You know, when something like this has happened, some idiot will be like, Harry, this sounds kind of fun. I'm going to act like I'm involved in trailing. Yeah, so we'll follow it, see what else happens.
Speaker 7: Nick Jonas and Prianca Chopra have a daughter. She just turned four last month, and he was recently on the J. Shetty podcast kind of sharing details for the first time about her. Apparently when she was born, she was born three months prematurely, and she weighed just one pound and eleven ounces, So they did have the baby via surrogacy, but basically they got a call in January of twenty twenty two and the baby wasn't due until April. They spent one hundred days trading twelve hour shifts in the nick U Nick recalled, I can still smell it.
Speaker 1: There's always visceral things.
Speaker 7: That was both comforting and frightening to be there every day and to see other families going through similar situations. But like I said, they celebrated her fourth birthday last month, and Nick said that every day is a gift oh one a.
Speaker 1: Complete one eighty.
Speaker 10: Here new measures are in place for the Winter Olympics after a crotch enlarging scandal rocked the ski jumping world at the twenty twenty five World Championship.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 10: The Norwegian team got caught adding extra fabric to the suits worn by their top two.
Speaker 2: Male athletes, so it looks more like a wingsuit, so it comes down the crotch is lower toward the knees.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So apparently doing that creates more surface area so the athletes can catch more air, glide longer and farther, and add several more.
Speaker 1: Feet to each jump.
Speaker 10: So to prevent any more of this kind of cheating at the Olympics, each athlete's athlete will have a tamper proof microchip in their suit, and three D scanning technology will be used to measure the space between their legs.
Speaker 2: That's got a microchip in your pants? It's not I'm sorry.
Speaker 15: Yeah, says it's more than Disneyland decaying bodies and rotting corpses. Well, starting the summer, you can get married at the Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland.
Speaker 8: That's born in California. Yeah, but I hate all the qualms that comes with it.
Speaker 15: It says that you have to do it early in the morning before the Disneyland park opens, which is normal, but just who wants to get married at six am?
Speaker 10: That's that is so funny to me, because like that's even at disney World too, and I know people who have got married at disney World. You either have to do it before the park opens or after the park closes.
Speaker 1: This is because it cannot be during park hours.
Speaker 15: Don't ask me why, but a couple of months ago I watched it's what like disney Weddings or something. It's on Disney Plus, and all those weddings, pretty much all of them will happened at night, so the parks closed because they don't want to stop daily operations.
Speaker 8: And it's nice.
Speaker 10: It's just like God, I sent my mom the video saying, hey, look I could get married at Haunted Mansion.
Speaker 15: She goes cool, it says, oh, the court yard can accommodate up to twenty five guests. The package includes a dedicated officient light, the core, photography, and transportation to and from a Disneyland resort hotel.
Speaker 8: And it's one million dollars. Right.
Speaker 2: You can make bets on pretty much anything of the Super Bowl, which is this Sunday, Here are some of the weird bets you can make. Will Patriots receivers Defon Diggs proposed to Cardi b after the game is only nine percent likely? Will Bad Bunny expose a nipple during the halftime show? You can actually bet on that that's eighty one percent likely. What song will Bad Bunny start the halftime show with? You can bet on that one What color liquid will be poured on the winning coach? That's the classic bet. Well, orange and blue are both tied on yellow percent Yellow could be in there too. Will who will the MVP mentioned first in his speech You can't go wrong with God? They are likely to be seventy five percent first teammates or second, and the city or its fans or are third. And will a Patriots linebacker catch a pass? Ninety four percent certain It won't happen, But it's an interesting bet because the Patriots coach cut two touchdowns in two Super Bowls as a linebacker for his team. So some of the weird things that you can bet on.
Speaker 7: So we love news bloopers, and there was one that air live Apparently in DC. A news anchor was trying to tease an upcoming story and instead they caught him saying this.
Speaker 2: I just I've just looked to one of the snow cloud drivers, Boomings, who says, keeping out here for days clearing this roadway. Damn it mother, like Dave's totally does. Yeah, I grew up. I swear it myself. Do it again, do it again, stupid. And that is it for the dirt on Katie WB. We're gonna dive right into War of the Roses, brand new War of the Roses, and we're gonna see where the suspicion meter falls. I think it's kind of high on this one. You're about to hear it right now. War the Roses brought to you by Ovo Lace and Lens on KDWB.
Speaker 10: I think we really offer you free flowers in this economy.
Speaker 11: It's time for one of the Roses.
Speaker 1: On kd WB.
Speaker 2: The worst thing ever invented for a cheater is the cellular telephone, especially the smartphone, with texting, videos, incriminating pictures, location sharing. It is the worst thing for cheaters ever. Yep, and it comes into play today on War of the Roses. We're talking to Blair. Blair to wherever you want to start, tell us your story and what you're suspicious about your husband Robert for hi.
Speaker 13: Okay, So I got a message from my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: His names Robert, and it said this is emberssing it you look really right now?
Speaker 8: Okay? All right now? Why is that bad? Though? That doesn't sound like a bad thing, right.
Speaker 4: Well, the problem is that we weren't together. He wasn't there with me to see what I looked like. He was at a dinner with his coworkers. So I like get the message and I was just confused at first. I was like, what, like, what are you talking about? Like is that for me?
Speaker 8: But he's not even there with you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So I texted him that and he was like.
Speaker 9: Yes, of course for you.
Speaker 4: And he gets home after the dinner and I asked him about it and.
Speaker 13: He's like, oh, I meant dinner to you when.
Speaker 4: We were at this birthday party for my friend Cam earlier in the day and he said he forgot to hit send, and so that is it just like makes me look suspicious.
Speaker 13: And I thought about it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, if you didn't send it earlier, you wouldn't send it when we're not together.
Speaker 8: What does that make sense?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're if you're you know, if I if I'm going to send Susan a Texas says you look really hot right now, and then I don't hit send, And then the next morning, I'm here at work and I'm not gonna if I open my phone and see it, I'm just deleted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just deleted and be like, well, yeah, I missed the ball on that one, or send it and then be like, man, I'm going to send this earlier.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So you were very suspicious about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he was gonna work dinner and he's in an office. It's like mostly it's like twelve women.
Speaker 13: And I don't know if I'm just feeling jealous or something. I just never really liked that part of it, that it's.
Speaker 9: Like mostly women.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, you're human, he works with twelve other women. Is he the only guy in the office.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh okay, Well good for him, I mean, good for him.
Speaker 2: But if he's at work dinner, there's no I mean, your suspicion is like he is sending that text to the girl across the table, yeah one, or the girl or at the end of the table, yeah.
Speaker 8: And so, and he accidentally sent it to you.
Speaker 1: Classic.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Suspicion scale vaunt on a scale of one to ten, one being not suspicious.
Speaker 8: What do you got?
Speaker 15: I think I'm going like an eight, Okauz, it's totally normal for me. Like if Halyssa and I are at you said a birthday party, I might what a text are like, Yo, yeah, your.
Speaker 8: Your butt looks good in those pants.
Speaker 15: But before he went to this dinner with coworkers, why didn't he just say it to you? Why didn't he say you know instead of if you forgot to send the text, he could have said it to you.
Speaker 8: He's seen you since then. Yeah, you're like eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna say eight as well. That just seems suspicious. It's just overall.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna say nine. I say not quite a ten.
Speaker 2: It's not one hundred percent proof, but I would say about a nine because he is at dinner when he sent it with twelve women.
Speaker 8: Okay, Jenny, suspicion scale.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with seven. I think it's highly suspicious. However, I do think that people are spacey and don't think sometimes so true. Maybe he just still really wanted to send the texts.
Speaker 8: Okay, what do you.
Speaker 2: Think because you're listening to War of the Roses, Send me a text and let me know what is the suspicion scale rating today? The average would be between the four of us scores about an eight, giving about an eight. Okay, what do you think? Send me a text at KT able to be one, five, three, nine to one. Not trying to make you know light of your situation, because I know it's kind of a big deal. But in a second, here we can call him Blair and we can, you know, do the old trick where we say, hey, you want roses? Who do you want to send roses to? Do you have a name of anybody at work that you're particularly worried about?
Speaker 13: I couldn't tell you because it's like twelve different women. No, he just talks about work and the women he works with.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well we can call him and see who he wants send roses to, and it better be Blair.
Speaker 1: Not everyone deserves closure, but we do.
Speaker 8: It's time a part two of War the Roses on KATIEWB.
Speaker 2: So he's had at dinner with coworkers I think just this past Saturday night. And by the way, he works with twelve women and that's great it's like probably a woman owned business, and they hired him because you know, I mean, he's good at what he does. He works with twelve women. She already doesn't like that very much. He's at dinner and he sends her a text from dinner and he says, you look real blankable right now, and she's like, was that for me?
Speaker 8: And he's like, oh, yeah, of course it was for you.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: He gets home and she says, why did you send me that text?
Speaker 8: And he's like, oh, why.
Speaker 2: I was at the birthday party earlier in the day and I saw you and I thought, oh, I'll send it to you, but I forgot to hit the send button. So she's like, well, then why would you just not send it? You know what I mean, like delete it. But he went ahead and send it anyway. So now she's suspicious that he was actually sending it to one of the girls.
Speaker 1: He works with, A valid suspicion to have.
Speaker 8: Let's find out right now.
Speaker 2: On Katie Wub's War of the Roses.
Speaker 1: Thanks for doing that today, Robert, I appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 7: I did say I have a dozen red roses to send out on your behalf for doing the survey. What I need for me first is the name of whoever you want to send the roses to.
Speaker 17: Okay, how about Tiffany?
Speaker 7: Okay, got that down. So we do always attach a card with the roses. If you want to write a note on the card, you're more than welcome to do that.
Speaker 17: Oh, I mean, I don't know what did they signed? Robert love Robert from Robert something like that? I mean, what did they normally put on roses? I've never really sent a dozen roses before?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I haven't either, so I want to know either. Well, I guess my question is, what is Tiffany to you? Is that like a friend? A girlfriend?
Speaker 17: Miss a girl I've been seeing?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: A girl you've been seeing.
Speaker 9: A girl you've been seeing?
Speaker 13: Really and you're sending her roses? They're sending her a dozen roses?
Speaker 9: Do you mean you see her at work?
Speaker 8: How the hell are you on the phone?
Speaker 17: Who are you? What? Blair?
Speaker 15: What do you do?
Speaker 17: What is this?
Speaker 4: What? What do you think it is like?
Speaker 9: Did you think you're not going to get caught out?
Speaker 17: Caught out for what being called on the phone?
Speaker 13: Or what do you mean for what I just heard you?
Speaker 4: You said you're sending roses?
Speaker 8: To kick the knee.
Speaker 3: Okay, and you're always telling me what are you doing?
Speaker 17: What are you doing? Set me up on the on where am Who's Who's on the phone?
Speaker 14: Love, Robert really love?
Speaker 17: Who's on the phone? Blair?
Speaker 9: What do you talk?
Speaker 17: What do you mean that? What are your friends? When you're six friends or something?
Speaker 3: Sleeping with you and friend?
Speaker 17: And you suspicion all the time, and well, essentially I get tired of it, don't I tired of what?
Speaker 2: All the suspicion all the well I will say, is is an outsider here? You did say I want to send them to Tiffany? Who's that? That's a girl I've been seeing? That's not your girlfriend? Blair? That is a good question, because Robert.
Speaker 13: Up like, it doesn't matter who the that person is. You said, you said that you wanted to like relieve yourself of this succision.
Speaker 9: So what you prove me right?
Speaker 13: You prove me right and you become a disappointment to me. Okay, great, Oh you have nothing to say?
Speaker 17: Oh please whatever?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 13: Yeah? You better begging begging began for you know what?
Speaker 17: Begging for someone?
Speaker 4: You and joy like you joy you all joy Tiffany at work at home, I'm sure that'll work out really well, really well.
Speaker 8: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: And we haven't had an argument on War of the Roses in a very long time. And I noticed neither of them are listening to each other. They're just talking. Well, she I don't. Of course she's right. I mean he sent roses to the wrong woman.
Speaker 7: So people are like, I'm all in on this. Girl, get them, get them, girl, get them right.
Speaker 8: War of the Roses.
Speaker 2: Every Thursday morning, it's Sam and thirty five on Katie WB and if you miss it in replays after nine o'clock, and you can look up old War of the Roses episodes anytime on the iHeartRadio. One other plug for the Minnesota Goodbye, Minnesota, Goodbye. For whatever reason, we didn't upload it yesterday. I'll take the blame for it. And it wasn't It was done, but wasn't uploaded until just this morning. It's there now.
Speaker 8: It's there now, and.
Speaker 10: There's been some issues, but they should be all ironed out for everything.
Speaker 8: Minnesota Goodbye.
Speaker 2: What's funny is one person noticed that it wasn't up there. One person to commented.
Speaker 1: You didn't get any DMS.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't get any DMS or emails or anything. So I guess we can stop doing the Minnesota goodbye.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, because nobody notices.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into today's Black History moment. It is Black History Month and fun has put this together every day.
Speaker 8: Let's give flowers to the voices that change the game.
Speaker 2: So it's time to celebrate another artist on fuss Black History Month moment on kd WB.
Speaker 15: Imagine making such an impactful body of work that you never have to make another album again. That's why for today's Black History Month moment, we're gonna talk about Lauren Hill. You've definitely heard her and songs before, but did you know that Miss Lauren Hill holds the record for the most Grammy Awards for any female rapper, with eight wins to her name. Fellow New Jersey native, Lauren Hill comes from a musically oriented family, her mom a piano player, and her dad singing in nightclubs and weddings. Lauren's first gig ever was the Star Spangle banner at a basketball game, then suddenly doing amateur night on its showtime at the Apollo. The group that Lauren Hill created in high school eventually became the Fujis The first album sold overall poorly, but their second album, The Score, picked at number one and stayed in the top ten on.
Speaker 8: The Billboard two hundred chart for over half a year here.
Speaker 15: The following year, the Fuji split to work on solo projects, but Lawrence spent the next year or so working on the mis Education of Lauren Hill. The album was almost entirely written and produced by Lauren Hill. Why Cleff, who was in the Fujis with Lauren, didn't support her solo album at first, but he eventually offered his production help and she turned him down.
Speaker 1: Now this guys.
Speaker 15: The mis Education of Lauryn Hill, which featured guest appearances from Carlos Santana, Mary J. Blige, and R and B singer D'Angelo, was critically acclaimed. De Wok was the only song by a female rapper to debut at number one on the Billboard Hot one hundred and four nearly a quarter of a century until Super Freaky Girl by Nicki Minaj took that title three years ago. Throughout the album, there's actually interludes of a teacher speaking to what's implied to be students, teaching them concepts of self love, faith, and motherhood. Although Lauren Hill never released the follow up album, Lauren is cemented as one of the most influential musical artists of this generation and continues to break barriers for female rappers. So we have to give Miss Lauren Hill her flowers today and every day for today's Black History Month moment.
Speaker 8: Celebrating the voices that shifted culture forward.
Speaker 2: Paul Mvon on kad WB and here is the fujis featuring Lauren Hill back in ninety three, ninety four or something like that on kat w b j.
Speaker 8: O Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 7: We're going to talk today about things that were very normal in the nineties but would not fly today. Okay, So first of all, AOL chat rooms and as L stands for.
Speaker 1: What Bailey Age Sex Location.
Speaker 8: L.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, age sex is like, Okay, how old are you male or female?
Speaker 8: And where are you?
Speaker 15: My version of that, just because maybe the gen Z is a rate date TB H date TB so rate if I'd be like, Dave, you're a seven date, What I date you?
Speaker 7: Or not?
Speaker 8: Definitely not? And then TB H is to be honest, so it'd be like, to.
Speaker 15: Be honest, You're kind of cool, but I see you in the hallways at lunch.
Speaker 8: People would post that.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that.
Speaker 7: These are things that were normal in the nineties wouldn't fly today. Everything that had solvents in it, like markers, white out glue.
Speaker 1: All these things we're getting people.
Speaker 8: High smells so good.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, tell me about it. I love those markers. It's just a sniff during the middle.
Speaker 2: Of class, down the dry cleaners and just go about in the dumpstring. Yeah, that's what happened. That's why I am the way I am.
Speaker 7: Another one is just showing up at your neighbor's house unexpectedly. My friend would always just like knock on the door down the street and hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Another one is watching music on television for hours and hours. I was such a TRL girly.
Speaker 10: I love TRL so much just to watch the v H one like would play music videos like early in the morning, so we would just turn that on to get ready for school. Yeah, so the show was on when we were like taking a shower.
Speaker 8: I see. And then what does t r L stand for? I definitely know it, I don't everybody else.
Speaker 1: Knows, right, yea, yeah, total request.
Speaker 8: Yes with Carson Daily right, ye all right?
Speaker 7: And then Bailey, I would like you to do the sound effect of this. This is something that was normal in the nineties but definitely doesn't happen today. That was.
Speaker 8: And if it took for you're like, is this ever going to connect? Hello? Come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Another one was like in the summer when you just let your kids that were like nine roam free until unless it was like lunch or dinner time. Yes, like get out there, go on, go keep yourself occupied.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 10: By the time I was in third grade, I could stay home by myself and I yeah, you're like nine, ten years old?
Speaker 8: Really, yeah, yeah, stay home totally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did the same thing. Mom and dad would go out to some function. I was like six years old. I didn't like staying home alone. I'd turn on every single light in the house.
Speaker 7: Oh, I loved it, which is probably why living alone these days.
Speaker 1: About how old were you when you got to start staying home alone?
Speaker 8: I remember, Bailey, would you say eight?
Speaker 15: Nine? That was like the first time I stayed home alone, but only because my.
Speaker 8: Mom had no choice. She was very, very pessimistic about it.
Speaker 15: But she was like, all right, don't open the door and lock all the doors and don't go near a window.
Speaker 2: We'll be back on Sunday, Yeah, but like regularly, maybe ten eleven.
Speaker 7: Another one that's just so crazy to think about nowadays is the fact that people.
Speaker 1: Just smoked inside restaurants.
Speaker 8: It's wild. Oh totally yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember the last smoking or not. I can still see the host is standing there smoking or not. I still like smell the smoke away from somebody who was smoking a Marlboro Red yep.
Speaker 7: Another one is having a thirty one inch TV, but it weigh one hundred and fifty pounds. Now we have the skinniest lightest TV's ever with the best quality.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 7: I was a part of this group children having paper routes and just like going around throwing papers on like people's porches, And now that's kind of like you just don't let your kids do much by themselves.
Speaker 8: Nowadays, I don't think anymore.
Speaker 7: I think today we just talked that's true. On today or yesterday, we just talked about this. How like we didn't carry around water bottles everywhere we went when we were younger, and now that is like the total hip thing. I mean, I've got one in front of me right now. Dave usually has one next to him. Yeah, I got one, Bailey's got one three three Yeah. Another one is getting into a back and forth with Yo Mama.
Speaker 15: Jokes, Yobama is so fast you couldn't fit through the door.
Speaker 7: Yes, ordering a pizza by calling the place and they send one of their delivery boys to take it to you, which that's so normal, I guess. I don't know why that's on the list.
Speaker 15: I thought that now it's just third party, like deliveries are only door Dash Uber East.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: Back in the day, though, they used to have in house delivery driver for XYZ restaurants.
Speaker 2: Well, do you remember when Dominoes had the thirty minute or It's free guarantee? Oh god, you didn't get your pizza from Dominoes within thirty minutes? It was free. But then they had to stop it because drivers were going eighty five miles an hour through a neighborhood and they said, it's probably a.
Speaker 10: Bad idea, would sound Bailey, it's so good it was that that was the Dominoes driver.
Speaker 7: Last one I'll end with because I definitely did this. It was a big day when my mom finally just would drop me off at the mall and let me spend like three hours at the mall with my friends. Yes, and you were only like twelve years old, and it's like, all right, I'll be back at three pm. But we didn't have cell phones. You had to make sure you knew which entrance to find mom at Those were the bestest.
Speaker 2: Allison would call from a payphone from Eden Prairie Center and say, Dad, can I buy this top for twenty dollars? I was like, sure, Allison, going ahead. It's Allister all right, thank you.
Speaker 17: Jenny