Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KF I am six forty.
Speaker 2: God, I hate diet pepsi. I go to a restaurant and you ask for diet coke.
Speaker 1: Can I have a diet coke? Please? That's sort of become a generics like kleenex. Can I have a diet coke? Plice?
Speaker 2: We don't have diet coke? Is diet pepsi?
Speaker 1: Okay? And I always say, is monopoly money? Okay? And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle. There we go. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: Handle here and the morning crew, the full morning crew on our Thursday, October twenty three. How long were we playing music, by the way, because I didn't have programming coming into my EARBA and a half dates. All right, excellent, Uh, all right, as we move on. Okay, morning Carno, Hey Bill?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: And uh Amy.
Speaker 3: Hi Bill, how are you all right?
Speaker 1: I'm okay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna watch a Dodger game tomorrow? Of course you will, and I'm sure will will also, right.
Speaker 1: I will, well you will? Yes, all right? Absolutely, good morning, and An is back.
Speaker 2: Uh and uh, let me see it's no that is not a Dodger Jersey or is it no? I know the blue anyway, Yeah, that's true. Anne was not here yesterday. She was dealing with her dog, who will now have a very high squeaky bark.
Speaker 1: Is that correct, baby? Yeah, nope, the nuts are gone. God, the ballless dog.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, that was that was the vows that Handle's new wife.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right. She has a seventy.
Speaker 2: Five pound dog. And I asked Dan if she kept the yards in a jar of form aldehyde like we have at home, because Lindsay's nuts, so to speak. And there they are.
Speaker 1: Is that where yours are too?
Speaker 2: No, mar Mine is in a jar that since we don't have a mantle. Now they're on a they're in a kitchen cabinet. Nice that Lindsay occasionally takes down and goes you see.
Speaker 1: Okay, what else is going on? Oh?
Speaker 2: I was talking to Neil yesterday and also to Michelle, and we're putting together now the auction items for pastathon, which is coming up when I think December two something like that are I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, November December.
Speaker 2: December second and this is number fifteen, I guess us. And we're putting together something. Uh that we've never done before. And it's usual. The uh, the it's it's the usual, you know John for an hour with him broadcasting, and it is cool. I'm not saying it's not. That's why they keep on repeating it because it's a huge success every year. Uh. And Gary and Shannon with a baseball game.
Speaker 1: That's always a huge as a huge uh.
Speaker 2: And then you have Tim Conway with a hockey game. Yeah, yeah, that is yes, hugely successful.
Speaker 1: Mine not so much.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We don't need to do anything.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I don't do much. Uh, I would. I was auctioned off. Dinner was auctioned off for me the other night at the uh the gala for the Katerina's Club, same same charity, the Katerina's Club charity. And uh, they're the only thing I asked for.
Speaker 1: Oh I got dogs coming in Hi got boy?
Speaker 2: Okay anyway, So I was a dinner was auctioned off with me, and literally I begged people to at least bid enough money to cover the cost of dinner. That's all I wanted is to do so I wouldn't be hugely embarrassed.
Speaker 1: So it worked out.
Speaker 2: Okay, So with that in mind, and Neil we're trying to get the dates together on this.
Speaker 4: So I recommended that handle auction off a pasta thong.
Speaker 1: And we'll get that and I'll make it, Neil will make it.
Speaker 2: I think that is absolutely hilarious. But here's what we're putting together. And this we've never done before. Neil and I have been talking about a broadcast at my house.
Speaker 1: We were going to We're going to do a grilling broadcast.
Speaker 2: Neil was going to sort of teach me and bring in chefs whatever. We're going to broadcast it at my place, and it was going to do various meats. And I have the Big Green Egg and I have a regular barbecue, and we're going to do sort of a seminar, a primer on how to.
Speaker 1: Fash barbecue, home back barbecue. So anyway we're going to do that.
Speaker 2: We will be broadcasting and we're going to auction off some money. Party of two coming to my house as our guests to bed. I know I've never don that a listener. I know home the last time he did that he married her. That's true. That's a very good point. Also, you might even get married to Bill.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and also we're bringing Savile is donating a a seventeen set, very high end set of knives retailer twenty two hundred bucks. That's going to be part of it too, And I mean we're going to have insane and insane auction item.
Speaker 1: All you need to do is pay for the tariffs and they're yours. That's true. Break Yeah, it's gonna be gonna go broke.
Speaker 3: They are They at one hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 2: I don't know from China there. I don't know what last because we bring this stuff in from Chinaboy. Yeah, it's about one hundred, well one hundred and thirty percent now, I mean crazy, it's gone one hundred and eighty seven percent. It's gone for It went down to thirty percent for five minutes, then it went over one hundred percent. I mean it bounces, I mean literally from morning to afternoon. So anyways, I'm very excited about doing that.
Speaker 1: I'll see if I can get us a green egg to give away too. That would be huge.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can you imagine that? Well, that would be a separate item. I think maybe no, why not throw it all? That's a big shebang you mean ask for I mean throw in a green egg?
Speaker 1: Throw in. Oh my god, can you wild fork steaks?
Speaker 2: Come on now, hey, let me do you think we're gonna get as much money as Gary and Shannon at.
Speaker 1: A baseball game.
Speaker 2: By the way, these things raised thousands of dollars for Catarina's Club.
Speaker 1: I mean it's no Josey pardon.
Speaker 2: You realize it's yeah, yeah, you know, people are really yeah, people are really good about it. Be really good about it. So anyway, I've will they ride the elevator? Uh, that's extra. Okay, that's extra. We'll be selling tickets for the elevator ride. Thank you Neil for bringing that up, because you always do. And why don't you go screw yourself? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Huh? God? If I could, it wouldn't be Yeah, okay, there you go. What all right, enough of that.
Speaker 2: As we're putting all that together, Okay, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's time for news with Amy Me and Neil, and it's lead story. I came in. Yeah, that east wing of the old White House is really going east, as in way east, disappearing and the president very weird thing going on here.
Speaker 1: He wanted to put that ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Square foot ballroom, which was going to change the entire footprint of the White House is done next to the East wing. As he said, I'm not going to touch the building. I'm going to put it right next to it. Well, he's right, I didn't touch the building. They're demolishing the building, demolishing the east wing, and in place putting up that ballroom. And when asked, but wait a second, you said you weren't going to touch these way. Yeah, this is better, this is cheaper, more effective, and we're going to put this one up ninety thousand square feet. You know, I understand the President Trump because that's his style. Now, it's going to be ornate, it's gonna it's going to look like a ballroom at Bar a Lago, really gold, et cetera. And I understand him. I expect that from him. Mike Johnson in his press conference said it's going to be magnificent. It's going to be wonderful. It's the best of the bestest. It's the tippy topest of all of the ballrooms you'll ever see in your life. I mean, he could not stop just kissing Trump's ass when it comes to that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, He's got a lot of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of blowback on this one, and it's always changing the view of the White House. Later on, I'm going to do a story on that, which is when when.
Speaker 1: Am I going to do that? Oh? The shaft seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: The five major changes that President Trump so far has made at the White House, And I'm not talking about political I'm talking about the five physical major changes that have happened so far and were what nine months in?
Speaker 4: Didn't what wasn't it reported that he called it a dump when he first was president.
Speaker 2: I don't know something that he said. I don't remember dirtie and yeah he said it wasn't he this timer, I said, it's not very big, and no one really cares about it very much. Now to his point, it's been remodeled several times. There's no question about it. The White House has been remodeled. But now, according to law, before making any major renovation of the White House, that has to go through this historical I think it's a panel of architecture historians. He's bypassed that completely. Boom, just did it completely? No?
Speaker 1: No, he no, he did say hello to yes. All right?
Speaker 3: Not playing so nice with Putin anymore? President Trump said, every time I speak to Vladimir, I have a good conversation with him, and then they don't go anywhere. Well, now the US is sanctioning Russian oil companies after talks between Putin and Trump were called off. The economic impact is likely to be minimal, but it does represent a pretty big shift in Trump's foreign policy. Previously, he said he wouldn't impose sanctions until European nations stopped buying Russian oil the Kremlin or Kremlin said Russia was immune to any sanctions.
Speaker 1: Well immune to this one.
Speaker 2: If you can get the world to not buy Russian oil, then Russia is looking at some pretty serious sanctions that have effect. But do you think President Trump has figured out yet that Putin is playing him talks the game.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I want peace.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, we have to sit down, but we first have to come to the root causes. Root causes is a euphemism for that's our land in Ukraine, and we wanted.
Speaker 1: One, would hope, But I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think you're going to see much much moving until Zelensky is prepared to give up eastern Ukraine third of the country.
Speaker 4: All right, quick programming note heads up. Tim Conway Junior is on for John Kobelt today because his show will be preempted at four with the Chargers game.
Speaker 1: Both up.
Speaker 4: All right, Pentagon, it has a new boot licking right wing press corps after the media walk out. Now, you remember eighteen or you had a kind of a huge walkout of all these press press folks that left because of the restrictive press policy the Defense Department announced. So you had sixty people from various news organizations, represent broad spectrum, as Handle pointed out before, you had right wing outlets, left wing outlets.
Speaker 1: All of these that walked out said this is not freedom of the press.
Speaker 4: Well, now you've got this lineup of absolutely what I would referred to as fringe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely right wing netcase fringe. And we'll talk about that more at seven fifty because it is wild. And this is where you know, one of the things this administration does is just look at you straight in the eye and just lie, straight out lie, saying things like right now, it's the ones that don't have left. The Pentagon Press corps are left wing media outlets that don't tell you the truth and it's biased. Hey, Fox and Newsmax walked out how left wing is Fox?
Speaker 1: Well more left wing than Lyndell TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're They're Lindell TV, which they also offer pillows to anybody walking in the door. What about only on Tuesday Morning eight Red Slate. Yes, another, Well, and we're not talking influencers, people that have podcasts. Okay, we'll talk more about that coming up at seven fifty.
Speaker 1: Where's the Beef?
Speaker 3: US ranchers are raising concerns about President Trump's plan to import beef from Argentina. President Trump said in a social media post that American cattle ranchers have to get their prices down, and he also said that the tarifsies enactor are the only reason they're doing so well for the first time in decades. The president's comments come during increasing concerns from American farmers about the negative impact that the trade war with China is having on their ability to sell their crops, and then his comments Monday that the US could buy beef from Argentina because the US prices are so high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now that's interesting.
Speaker 2: You wants to protect the farmers in this case, the cattle industry, which is in a lot of trouble because prices are so high that the demand is relatively low. I mean, they're losing their shirts and the answer is to buy beef from Argentina. That's what's going to look lower prices boy or the cattle farmers happy campers on that one. So you know, it's going back and forth with the tariffs that effect well, part of the tariffs issue is with China. It used to be the biggest, the biggest amount of agriculture that sold to China with soybeans.
Speaker 1: That the US farmer produced.
Speaker 2: China has gone from this enormous importer of soybeans to they're not buying a soybean, not one from the United States. And farmers are reeling on this. So the President has to deal with that and is talking about bailing out the farmers who also are in deep, deep.
Speaker 1: Trouble and losing their farms.
Speaker 2: It's really complicated stuff and you sort of there's no win on this one unless you get rid of the tariffs, which used to deal with our economy in a much bro a broader way. But Trump is right the tariffs. We buy more than we sell and the balance of trade was not good. So no easy answer there, not at all all right.
Speaker 4: The new citizenship test that is rolling out from the Trump administration. Remember back on September eighteenth, they announced that the new twenty twenty five Naturalization Civics test was going to be more difficult. Applicants must correctly answer twelve of twenty oral questions in order to pass. But some are saying most are saying that this is an incredibly difficult test. If you remember, I've had friends that have become citizens, and when they show me the test or tell me about the test, I think it'd probably be difficult for most Americans to actually pass it. And this one's supposed to be much harder than that. And some say that this is just another in a line of deliberate, systematic career.
Speaker 1: Have you have you seen the current test.
Speaker 2: It's a beaute It asks for or the entire Constitution, all twenty sixth Amendments backwards.
Speaker 1: It's like a sobriety test.
Speaker 4: And then they ask which is the most important yes, And if you don't say the second, you're out yes.
Speaker 2: And if you misinterpret, for example, I think it's either the twenty third Amendment before that, well after that, the poll tax, if you mistake it for not letting people of Polish descent vote. They have to be taxed, and you have it wrong.
Speaker 1: You're done. I was a stretch. Who was the best president?
Speaker 4: Fill in here, Yes, it's our It's like empty t blank you mp all.
Speaker 1: Right, bringing in the big guns. You heard it? Obama Obama.
Speaker 3: Former President Obama is urging voters to back the California Democrats redistricting efforts known as Proposition fifty. He held a virtual event with Governor Newsom yesterday. He framed the proposed constitutional amendment as a way to counter President Trump's efforts to skew the midterm elections in the Republicans favor.
Speaker 1: The ads for a Prop fifty.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the pro Prop fifty people, I really don't, and that is it's all about Texas and other states redistricting, you know, to make more Republican seats, and they're ignoring that the pro Prop fifty. They're coming up with who's backing it and billionaires and all that. It's come on, that's it. It's all about that, and hopefully we understand that because if Texas is going to do it, we have to fight it.
Speaker 1: Now. I am not a.
Speaker 2: Fan of redistricting for the purpose of creating districts. I am a fan of independent commissions doing the redistricting like we have in California, but southern states you're saying, no, nope, We're going to make sure that we put as many Republicans into Congress as possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love this.
Speaker 4: If you remember, back in May, President Donald Trump signed an executive order and basically it was aimed to slash public subsidies to PBS and MPR, alleging they were biased. So PBS, good for them. They PBS so cal announced the huge telethon. So they got a bunch of variety of hosts and actors and musicians. They're going to celebrate fifty five years in public television with Josh Grobin, Jamie Lee Curtis, Siggy Marley, Lily Tomlin and.
Speaker 1: Just as acid roster of people.
Speaker 4: We love public television is the name of the telethon, and it's all to raise money.
Speaker 2: And yeah, now you can't do it without really serious public donations. It's always been that way. Now it's without a huge influx.
Speaker 1: I think pbi's going to disappear. Oh, they'll get the money, I think. So they're going to raise up fair amount of money, right, they'll get the money.
Speaker 3: Governor Gavin is deploying the National Guard not to San Francisco, but to food banks. He says he's going to deploy the California National Guard and state volunteers on a humanitarian mission to food banks because of the ongoing federal government shutdown. He says the National Guard will not be acting as law enforcement, but will instead be supporting food banks. The National Guard did something similar during the COVID nineteen pandemic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, notice how many fat guys in the National Guard. Because the food banks actually feed the people that are there that also didn't work.
Speaker 1: It's a rough morning, guys, not for us. Oh okay, one last moving last story.
Speaker 4: Great all the hubbub which I still don't understand about the Super Bowl halftime headline performer, of course being Bad Bunny. While the NFL came out and said, listen, we use careful thought every single time we pick you know, someone for our halftime show, and every year somebody's got some concern with it, and we're not going to drop it with We're moving forward.
Speaker 1: This is what we decided.
Speaker 2: And President Trump has a problem with it. He uh does not like Bad Bunny, I think because number one. He speaks in Spanish, so I think that's the big one. And he has threatened to deport bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: Why he's an American citizen. That's incredental. That doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: If yeah, if President Trump took the new immigration test and asked that question, is Puerto Rico an American territory? Are you part of the United States? The answer is, of course, uh no, case bad Bunny. You know, at some point the administration can't get involved in everything, have an opinion about everything, and it does. I mean, I just think this, yeah, I just this is so different than any administration we've ever had. I mean, it's you know, people are reeling in terms of what's going on.
Speaker 1: But you know, here's my point.
Speaker 2: Many times I've said this, President Trump has never had a hidden agenda. He has never said I am going to to do A and he out turns around and does b.
Speaker 1: He says I'm going to do A. He's elected and he does A.
Speaker 2: And I don't know why I'm upset about it, because I think a lot of it are crazy. I didn't vote for Trump. I also didn't vote for Kamala Harris. Again, it's one of those I voted for everything else except for the presidential and hey, quid Benching, you know it's you know you elected him both in the popular as well as the electoral college. Hold on, all right, I'm sorry a look at me. I'm not I'm just helping you for him. Yeah, but a lot of people did. More people voted for him than did not.
Speaker 3: Keeping you Healthy Sure costs a lot to the cost of employer sponsored health insurance has gone up for the third year in a row. It's now approaching an average of almost twenty seven thousand dollars for a family plan. Family premiums are up about six percent. That's over fourteen hundred dollars from last year and more than double the rate of inflation. On average, workers are contributing sixty eight hundred and fifty dollars annually to the cost of family coverage, with employers paying the rest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't want national health, do we single payer? That's impossible, because we'll just keep on going the way we're knowing, all.
Speaker 1: Right, tit meat for tat for tat, meet tit.
Speaker 4: North Carolina lawmakers past a new map designed to give GOP an extra House seats. So this is where the stupidity. Where we're at right now, everybody's going to do this because nobody's willing to put their foot down and say no to it. State House on Wednesday approved the map could give Republicans an additional US House seat in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: California, we in a proposition put our foot down and said enough of this, uh, political, moral.
Speaker 4: And stupid, and we're not going to play. We're going to continue down the path of leaving it to an independent group and not caught fifty.
Speaker 2: Prop fifty turns out right around and gets rid of the independent group.
Speaker 1: Someone else is going to do it, and and the California legislature is going to do it.
Speaker 4: When they originally said this is going to an independent party, it's that.
Speaker 2: That's the law right now, that's the law in California, and it is unbiased. And you have the other states that are biased through the nose and California saying if you guys are going to do it, we're going to do it. We're going to get rid of it. Bid Well, if it was started in Texas and the.
Speaker 1: Only one was it, no I started before then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when the Gerryman started by the states, New Mexico did it, it's done, it's been done.
Speaker 1: It's stupid. And California put their foot down said we're not going. Okay, sorry to ask you this. So let me ask you. Let me let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: We keep the independent commission, and we don't change our congressional makeup.
Speaker 1: We keep it the way it is.
Speaker 2: While Texas and North Carolina and all of these other states that don't have independent commissions change their congressional districts mid stream. Usually it's done at the end of the census and they add Republican seats. Does California just sit back and say, Okay, we're fine with another dozen or fifteen Republican seats.
Speaker 1: Pardon, California cannot be any more Democrat.
Speaker 2: It can add two seats, it can add five seats that are Republicans.
Speaker 3: So the other thing that happens here bill is that other states are going to keep doing it. So California, even if they pass it, they're going to spend more than two hundred million dollars on the selection and more Republican controlled states can change. So it's going to be all for not anyway.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be all for not because you have the Republican states that are going to be voting more Republican congress people, which is going to enlarge the Republican majority in Congress.
Speaker 3: Right, But I'm saying California's efforts aren't going to make a difference. Because he does it, more Republican states.
Speaker 2: Are I will No, Well, they're good anyway, whether California does it or not. All the Republican states want to put more Republicans.
Speaker 1: They want to put more.
Speaker 2: Republicans in Congress, want to put more Democrats in fighting what the Republicans are doing that.
Speaker 4: They don't want more Democrats in there just because they're Democrats.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the Republican states. No, I'm saying that. Of course, every side want more of their side, you know. But it start It started with Democrats. Don't do this, Stuffy.
Speaker 2: But the Democrats don't do it and they don't fight it, Neil, then Republicans are going to win and they're going to.
Speaker 1: Get more seats. Fight it.
Speaker 4: We did fight it in California by making an independent arm that makes the decision. And now we're going backwards.
Speaker 2: That's that's right, we're going backwards fighting the Republican I'm telling you the Democrats by doing it. I know, but they did it first.
Speaker 1: It's wrong. If half the country wants.
Speaker 2: It, Okay, that's all right, then we'll just have more Republicans. Okay, the majority just increases, and all right, if you're okay with that. Where they do it, California doesn't do it. And so, as Gavin Newsom said, they're coming out with weapons guns and we're fighting them with knives.
Speaker 4: All right, fair enough, you're learning that that the Second Amendment is important.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, Neil, Come on, Neil, please imagine man like a bunch of Neil. Don't bring in California. California is reacting, uh to what's going on.
Speaker 4: And okay, then Texas was reacting to the fact that there's no no Texas.
Speaker 1: Texas was not reacting.
Speaker 2: They they were in the fight and wanted to put Republicans in and California reacted to that.
Speaker 1: Why can't you understand, Neil, that.
Speaker 4: There were dollions of dollars to back up what was already voted on bill.
Speaker 1: I love that for one.
Speaker 2: Hey, that thing I hate that. I hated that thirteenth Amendment. I really did, because Congress voted for that one.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go ahead and knock it off. Let's go ahead and take it out. We can, Neil, we can. You know, would be constitutional amendment.
Speaker 3: Do a constitutional amendment and make all these districts not not. I would love Republican I were a Democrat because I'm ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I would love I would love that Silan.
Speaker 1: I just take a let's take a break. We'll be back. Kf I am sixty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.