Speaker 1: This one's for angry Jim.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about this story here next because I'm a segue right into it talking about my kids. I love my kids, I love my sons. I am lucky that I have sons. And this week there is a huge thing that is happening in our family actually tomorrow, and I'm going to make all the listeners feel really old with this. I'm going to make you feel old and knowing that tomorrow is this guy most twenty first birthday.
Speaker 1: No hows I make you feel man.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it makes me feel proud that Luke officially now can retire his fake ida. I'll tell you twenty one for me with Joe was different because I took Joe away. We actually went away to Vegas with actually a group of dads and stuff like that and his buddies, and we all went to Vegas and got drunk and hung out and watched sports and gambled and all that things we did, like sportsbook, which was pretty cool. Now everybody can do sportsbook betting because of we got all the DraftKings and fan duels and stuff.
Speaker 1: Of the world.
Speaker 2: But for Luke, it's wild because he's my baby and honestly, I always think of him as a baby. Like yesterday, one of the memories that came up in my phone was a memory of me taking Luke to the Pistons practice facility and there was a picture of me, him and Jonas Urepko, who is the Piston at the time.
Speaker 1: I love Jonas. He was so good to Luke.
Speaker 2: Anytime he saw Luke, he would say hi to him and always give him high fives. So Luke yesterday and I went to the game. We had a great time. Turns twenty one. He's actually celebrating his last day of illegal you know drinking up in East Lansing and then officially will be official at midnight. And we were having this conversation and we were talking about our twenty first birthdays and like what my twenty first birthday was like? And I actually said something, and do you guys remember your twenty first birthday?
Speaker 1: Remember?
Speaker 2: No, you don't remember what you did on your twenty first birthday, Like where you went?
Speaker 3: I think I was already doing stuff, so it wasn't like a big, you know, monumental occasion.
Speaker 2: So my twenty first birthday was really kind of weird. I couldn't celebrate my twenty first birthday. I worked at a radio station since I was eighteen years old, and I was working as being ninety six in Chicago, and I could not tell them I was twenty one or at that time because they thought I was twenty one the prior year and they were giving me bar gigs.
Speaker 1: So I had to lie about you know that.
Speaker 2: And only one person knew that I was twenty one, which was wild, so I so I actually had to play it off like it's just my birthday.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, oh, it's cool, happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Nobody asked me my age or anything like that, but it was my twenty verse and I wanted to actually be excited about this because I honestly is working in radio.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever got id'd before.
Speaker 3: Boy, when I was interning at job, I was working in the bars at eighteen, and you know, I didn't need an ID They just whatever because.
Speaker 1: They knew who you were. I knew who you were you were with.
Speaker 3: So like by the time I turned twenty one, it was like I've been working in the clubs for three yeah years.
Speaker 1: It's not really like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I will tell you this and this is really, uh, you know, kind of a big one for Luke. I said to Luke, I go, you'll forever still remember the day that you turn twenty one and take that ship of alcohol, because it won't seem as fun anymore. I know it sounds wild like alcohol is alcohol is cool. It's there's something cool about doing it in a way where you know you're not supposed to do it.
Speaker 1: It's like cheating.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, well that's that's an interesting one. What's up, Jackie?
Speaker 1: High? How you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing fantastic? What's going on?
Speaker 4: So anytime I stay bald, I say balls the way that Luke says.
Speaker 1: Ball already say exactly. But the birthday, Luke is congratulations.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thanks Jackie. You say jack Jackie. He wants to hear Cav wants to hear you say balls. I lost your jack Jackie. Go do it again, Jackie, Ball, Ball one more time?
Speaker 4: Ball?
Speaker 1: All right there you go? Uh, Delaney, what's going on? It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 4: Hi, hry, first time, long time on the floor.
Speaker 1: What's happening.
Speaker 4: So on my twenty first I got made to go to the casino and waste money.
Speaker 1: I absolutely hate wasting money and being at the casino.
Speaker 2: So you guys went to the casino too, because that was also a thing that you couldn't do if you were under twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's eighteen now right, No, you gotta be now, you gotta be twenty one.
Speaker 2: Actually, they're worse about you going in there being under twenty one than alcohol because they could lose their their gambling license. If you have ever been up towards CMU. What is that casino that's out? Fire keepers?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: That fire keepers?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Is the other one a soring eagle? Yeah, soaring eagle. You're even in the parking lot. They'll kick you out of that place. I mean they're and they'll ban you if you go in.
Speaker 3: I did do that though, my grandma, my mom did take me to casino because they gave all like a free gift. I'm thinking it's gonna be like all the voulture. It was the damn tumblr mud.
Speaker 1: What's up, Daja high?
Speaker 4: Hey, so I just sturned thirty yesterday? Thank you? How about we went out to a bar last night here and dearborn at the patio had a great time. Nobody asked me how old I was until last night. I go into the liquor store after, you know, after the little syndic was over. I go into the liquor store and the clerk goes, I know I've been selling you alcohol and nicotine products, but really, how old are you now? Are are you like twenty twenty one? I'm like no, I just turned thirty. He's like, oh my gosh, all this time I thought up absolutely, it's the great.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is you hated getting carded when you were using that fake ID, but when you're now twenty one, in your thirty you want to keep on getting carded because you're Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm walking around with my ID, pents and my dress, like, come on out, somebody.
Speaker 1: Has tod we here?
Speaker 2: Were you bored?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had a guy asked me for an ID the other day and I said to him, I go, what are you talking about? And he goes, we have to do it. I'm like, all right, hold on, I'm gonna give you my ID. I'm gonna show you my triple A card. Here's my Costco card. What's going on? Jack's how you doing AARP?
Speaker 1: Good? How you doing good? What's happening you remember your twenty first birthday?
Speaker 5: Yes, and speaking a birthday, today's my birthday?
Speaker 1: Happy anybody?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Man, well, thank you, thank you. Yeah, my birthdays during COVID. Oh that sucks for twenty first.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, it was actual at the start of everything, right, this is when everything happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because so lockdown was when they closed the borders was like March sixteenth theirself. I remember because I was on spring break. Actually yeah, but when we came back is when I was laid off for work and all that stuff, and we had to go into quarantine. But all my friends through a quarantine party.
Speaker 4: For me, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You know what though, The good thing about being twenty one right when we started lockdown is everybody was drinking anyway, you know.
Speaker 3: That was very true.
Speaker 2: That was like at the heart of everybody's you know, going to party stores because it was they were open still for some reason.
Speaker 1: They were open because they were considered to be essential. What sarantine parties are cool so somebody can see what's up, VICKI, Hey, how's it going good? What's going on? My daughter just turns like twenty one in November. I've been raising her right along with listening to you grease. Oh, how was it? How was it for you? Oh? We were excited. She's in school down in Ohio, so we drove down for a birthday. All went out for drinks. Do you remember like where you went?
Speaker 2: Because I did go with my sisters when I turned twenty one and we went to TGI Fridays. Okay, and here's here, Vicky. My first legal drink that I that I ordered was a rum and coke, a Captain and Coke. And my second legal drink that I ordered was a strawberry margarito with extra whib cream and sugar on the rim.
Speaker 1: Nasty boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for my daughter, we went to a uh, just a restaurant in town that served you know, drinks along with her.
Speaker 1: Why did you ordered it? He's making Why did you order? Come on? It came off a little gay, That is right.
Speaker 2: That is right, VIGGI cohs and big VIGGI. There's nothing wrong with a strawberry margarita.
Speaker 1: Just because there is no bigger homosexual than me. Come on, I'll have this sugar and sugar. I picked up a four pack of Seaqums wine coolers are great? Was it?
Speaker 2: That was all I could do?
Speaker 1: And zeemas I loved zemas.
Speaker 2: Zeema's was the the clear like it was in a bottle like a beer, but it was a clear beverage.
Speaker 1: Hey is it?
Speaker 4: Sayah?
Speaker 1: Did have sparkles in here?
Speaker 4: Ya? Hi?
Speaker 3: How are you good?
Speaker 1: Saya? Her dad had to carry Saya? You got so drunk? What happened to you on your twenty first Yeah.
Speaker 4: My dad. My dad's a big drinker, at least he was. And he took me out and he had a big plant. He kept ordering drinks and I told the waitress like, please got bringing me. He got all different kinds of drinks.
Speaker 2: And then he had to carry me out.
Speaker 3: Oh god, he was very proud.
Speaker 4: I think it's the funniest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Wow cool, sayah, Saya, say you gotta love that. By the way, when dad gets you drunk, I'll be honest with you. I think that already happened to Luke when he was probably seventeen.
Speaker 1: I think I already did that. He's a pro.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I said to Luke, I go, you know what is going to be the coolest though. It's going to be cool like to be a dinner with you and go, hey, a drink. And honestly, that was I remember that was the thing with me with my dad, Like going with my dad out, you know, and we'd be eating at like a Lone Star or something like that and having steak and I'll
Speaker 1: Be like, yeah, I'll have a strawberry marger