Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty and now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: It is November seventh, and it is a Friday as we end the week, and I got a lot of stuff going on this weekend. But first let me say hello to one and all.
Speaker 2: There you are Kno, yes, I'm here, Yes you are. And Nilstir good morning.
Speaker 4: Hey. Willie wolf Esquire, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Amy, what did that? That hoodie is sweatshirt?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Have you been to Canterbury?
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 2: He's very excited. The archbishop is there.
Speaker 3: I got a great Archbishop of Canterbury story, which I'm not going to get into it.
Speaker 5: He did not run into the archbishop.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I have.
Speaker 5: We did have a tailor too, though.
Speaker 2: They what you had a tailor?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: Oh a Taylor two. I'm sorry, got it. I just didn't hear that. I thought you said Taylor. I'm going what does a tailor have to do with the Archbishop of Canterbury really make chocolate? No, that's where they don't. Anyway, she's talking about Chaucer. She's talking about in Canterbury.
Speaker 6: Tales.
Speaker 3: Yes by Wait, when you think about the walking the Canterbury Tales as the church people walked from is when the foul Way or the eleven twelve hundred when they walked from Canterbury and this whole group of pilgrims to Lendon. It's sixty miles. It's basically three days and you're done. And everybody thinks it's much longer than that. But it's a little bit of history. I thought I'd throw out you for absolutely no reason. Okay, Will good morning, Good morning Bill. NFL shirt number one I can't quite.
Speaker 4: See here is Joe Montana number go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was an boy that was a dynasty for a while. Yeah. And then let me see everybody there. Yeah and uh and good morning Anne. Good morning though.
Speaker 3: Okay, real quick story about Anne. Uh and uh and me. Yesterday Uh so Lindsay came in and we went to breakfast. Uh and met the mother in law of this kid, a Dawn, who had been telling you about who was picked up by ice and it's it's an incredible story and we're gonna have her on next Wednesday. As a matter of fact, talk about this insane story of being picked up by ice. So after breakfast, everybody hugs everybody. Uh you know, Lindsay knows Jeannette for years, and uh, Anne hugs everybody. So it just left me and Anne staring at each other. So, Okay, I guess we have to hug. You know, It's just one of those things where there was Yeah, I just had to do it. So I hug Anne and in the middle of the hug, we're awkwardly hugging, and for some reason I I grab boob.
Speaker 2: Somehow it became it was a mistake. It was a mistake.
Speaker 3: I mean, you didn't know what I'm perfect Anyway, I turned, I did because we were hugging and squeezing, and then I turned and I looked at it and and I go, did I just shine bomb you?
Speaker 2: And she haven't?
Speaker 3: We have a new verb now to shine bomb the story of the president? Exo, we got who got shine bomb?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Did we just become witnesses?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 4: Are we gonna have to go to court? Now?
Speaker 3: No, I'll tell you why because it wasn't done during the course of employment. So, uh, there is nobody in HR that Anne can call. Actually, there's nobody in HR that can can call because there's nobody in HR. But is that a legitimate HR complain complaint. I don't think it is, because it's outside of a breakfast establishment, not in the studio.
Speaker 5: I think it would still work.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: First of all, I can't deny it because it's now on the radio that you did well. Yeah, but I can certainly say it was a mistake. And then you would look at me and you said, yes, it was a mistake. Of course you're going to lie about that, aren't you, that.
Speaker 2: You did it?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So anyway, and and I have a new relationship. I have shine bombed her.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, did she Did she step on your testicles? No? No, she did.
Speaker 3: She ignored it for a moment because it was a little bit awkward. And then I looked at her and I said, did I just shine bomb you?
Speaker 6: And she said yes, how when you're hugging, I mean it just it was a it was a weird squeeze and I was trying to astraction.
Speaker 2: I know it was. It was like it was just weird.
Speaker 5: I mean, was it when you were separating from the hugging?
Speaker 3: No, it was No, it was when between my like my arm and my side and his hands.
Speaker 7: Kind of got stopped and grabbed it and just kind of squeezed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I grabbed it. Yeah, And I was like, wow, I just got felt up by Bill Handle.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the club's sister.
Speaker 2: I do feel interesting.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, a little side boob. Yeah, Bill, you still got it, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still do and I still had the top of it.
Speaker 3: We'll see if I'm still working here next week, when I will be working here next week. Because the good news about iHeart. Like many other corporations, they don't know how to spell HR anymore.
Speaker 6: There's there's no such thing as HR. I think there is.
Speaker 3: But is that one person I think in New York is the HR department.
Speaker 6: In a Q in a while that I had to deal with them for management. But yeah, I think they were in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we used we used to have an HR person here.
Speaker 6: I think her name was Diane.
Speaker 4: She was great.
Speaker 3: She was she thought all the stupidity of the stuff that people were complained about. We've got, oh man, We've got stories that were absolutely her. We had was it one of our editors who was absolutely hilarious On May the fifths, every single to Mirow. She would come in with this, the biggest sombrero you have ever seen in her in your life. And she she was a white lady, and uh, there was another white lady who had left the station subsequent to that and was screaming racism and how offended she was. Yeah, but you're white. Do you understand you are white? It doesn't matter. I don't care. Sombreros offend me. I guess some bears on people. Some breras are only good for if you're working in a mariachi band and you're in a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 4: Mexican. There's no Mexicans offended by that. It's only white.
Speaker 2: There are no Mexicans that wear sombreros.
Speaker 3: It's only white people another or not not, if you know, if you know, if you're not playing in a bad Mexican restaurant, a mariachian, you've.
Speaker 6: Got to wear the sombrero. Otherwise you look silly sitting on the fake donkey. Yeah, or I'm then gonna go there. I'm not gonna I'm not.
Speaker 4: Even gonna call the fake donkey you weirdo?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, old Alvera Street reference.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know.
Speaker 3: Those were great. They took a little pony and uh no, it was a donkey. It was a donkey that with the paint stripes on it, so it looked like a zebra. Well I have some picture though somewhere in there. Okay, so why don't we do it?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 3: It's Friday, which means it's foody Friday at eight o'clock ask candle anything at eight thirty and then tomorrow Neil and I are going to be doing that event in the Glenagel which I tell you about the rock the show.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hey, why don't we call it felt Up Friday because yesterday.
Speaker 5: You know what that's come by and Bill will fill you up.
Speaker 6: Yeah you want to side boob hug, Yeah, you can be okay that you can be filled up and felt up. It's a tomorrow if you come by to our event, guna Neguel, it'll be a fill and felt event.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: It's time for Handle on the News with Amy, Neil and me Lee. Sorry down well, starting today, as Amy said during the news, the FAA has already ordered flights to scale back two of the top I think five airports.
Speaker 2: They're being affected at.
Speaker 3: Lax and Burbank, which I wouldn't think Burbank. I think Burbank's only regional airport that has been affected, if I'm not mistaken. But it's going to start to hurt any we're flying well. Veterans Day of course is going to be affected. Now it's going to go through Thanksgiving, of course not. I mean, can you imagine if this went through Thanksgiving? So if anybody's flying out there, enjoy yourself. I hope you like camping out it at the airports.
Speaker 7: I think it is interesting to note, though they're starting it, it's an incremental so it's not starting out with ten percent today, It's starting out with four percent, and then incrementally they're increasing it.
Speaker 3: Let me here's a question I have. How much of this is political? And not making the accusation it is political. I mean, certainly the shutdown is political, but I'm talking about the order to decrease the number of flights that are going to be allowed, because I know what the FAA and what Sean Duffy says, and he came up with a b C D E and it made sense by the way what he produced made a lot of sense. I wonder if there is any political move because well, actually the easiest, notaricular airports or something. Yeah, your areas. I know LA has been hit. I mean California has been hit pretty hard with Burbank, Ontario, San Francisco. I mean, I I don't even know. Are the number of airports relative to the size of the area that are effected. Yeah, that's the first thing. Yeah, that's what I thought about it. It may not be it, by the way, I'm not making the accusation. I'm just saying that I would look at it.
Speaker 7: Duffy specifically said it was not based on politics, that it was no numbers, and it was basic.
Speaker 2: It was no I.
Speaker 5: Understand on that.
Speaker 6: No, I understand.
Speaker 3: And by the way, we believe anything the administration says, for example, christin Home, there are only arresting the worst of the worst. Wait till next Wednesday. What I bring Janette to the show? Yeah, you're going to shake your head about the worst and the worst. Okay, moving on.
Speaker 7: Well they're trying sort of. Senate Democrats had signaled that they were prepared to block plans to force a Friday vote to reopen the government until they get more commitments on dealing with rising health care costs. So Senate Republican leaders had said that they had been in discussions and that they would hold votes on a newly drafted bill to reopen the government, which had been written with input from some Democrats, but it apparently didn't have the commitments the Democrats wanted to resolve the expiring Affordable Care Acts subsidies. Senate Majority leader John Thune said that in the deal, they did promise that they would address the health care issue, but apparently that wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, they don't believe them. The Democrats don't believe soon and the Republicans on this. If you look at the history, the part that I find the most interesting about this is that the Republicans are still getting blamed more so than the Democrats for this shutdown, even though the Republicans have said, just let's just open the government so people can get paid and then we'll talk about the expansion of the temporary which we want to make permanent expansion of Obamacare, and the Republicans saying you got to eat, and the Democrats are saying it's too important for medical care. And man, I would think the Democrats are getting nailed more so than the Republicans. They're not, and I find that fascinating. I'm sure that's gonna be a whole lot of discussion prior to the shutdown, shutting down. They're going to shut down the shutdown, which means they're going to be open at some point, and that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Get paid. That's how I solve these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: Conversations I have with An We put the show together, just a little inside baseball here. We put the show together, and then in the course of the show, I'll look at something that's two segments. There's no way I want to do this in one segment. So sometimes then we put it aside. And that's what I'm gonna do with a segment we just did, or we are going to do about manufacturing here in the United States. It's fascinating the history of manufacturing since World War Two and how it relates to what's going on. So in the meantime, Anne now has to look for another topic during the course of the show, and we're playing around that. She goes, how about this one. Four people have died at Disney World recently. I went, oh yeah, death of Disney.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, man, we're.
Speaker 2: Grabbing that one, aren't we.
Speaker 6: Here's the bottom line, not salacious, but people here okay, right, here's the bottom line.
Speaker 3: You go to Disney and Neil will tell you. You go to Disneyland or Disney World, you are going to die. Okay, it is that simple.
Speaker 4: You're stupid.
Speaker 6: And you know what's really weird after you guys touched each other yesterday during the hug because now it's one, Hey.
Speaker 2: Babe, yeah babe, we need a new spot.
Speaker 5: Honey money do you like the storry?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sugar?
Speaker 2: Okay, why don't we move on?
Speaker 4: It's the dynamic has changed.
Speaker 3: It is and is Anne was so jealous of me having that kind of relationship with Neil she decided to jump into it. Okay, okay, more so does Neil more handle on the news with Amy and my little cupcakes. It's Friday, guys, It's Friday, Amy, Neil and me.
Speaker 4: He never hugs me like that at home.
Speaker 6: All right, So President Donald Trump unveils a new deal fatty fatty two by four, Neil might get through the kitchen door because zep bound and Wagov might be cheap.
Speaker 4: These glp ones that.
Speaker 6: We know so much about now it was has been all the rage originally for diabetes. These pills or shots as the case, maybe help you lose weight, but they're expensive as hell, not anymore.
Speaker 4: Trump.
Speaker 6: Trump unveils a deal to expand coverage and make people pass out during press conferences to lower the cost. Oh yeah, that's a great that's a great video.
Speaker 3: And Robert Kennedy bailing out of there as quickly as possible. We'll probably talk about that. But this is you can catch fainting. That's true, that's very funny. This is Trump at his best. I must tell you. Every other president has tried to take on big pharma and has failed miserably. And Trump came to the table and he basically took the position of the presidency, which he does across the board and crammed it down Eli, Lilly and Novo, Nords, Nordisk. And he's done it. I mean, good for him.
Speaker 6: He is the only president in recent memory in history has been able to take on big pharma for the benefit of the consumer.
Speaker 4: I thought Biden was doing that before he.
Speaker 6: Learned that, Like, but nothing like this, Oh ConA did Cono.
Speaker 4: ConA just looked at me like jdie Vance.
Speaker 3: Nothing I did. This is Biden did, but it was only Medicare. It was Yeah, it was only Medicare, and it was only it was going to be one hundred drugs, and it was mainly diabetes diabetes medication. But this one, this one is for everyone. I got to give them credit on this one.
Speaker 4: I really do. This may make it moot to need the diabetes drugs.
Speaker 3: Yes, well not really, but people still have diabetes me not as a result of weight gain type too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Watch out for ice or is it Ice?
Speaker 7: The FBI is warning about people who've been impersonating ICE agents. The bulletin by the FBI sites several examples in which criminals have targeted victims after identifying themselves as immigration agents. Some of them are wearing shirts or jackets with an ICE label on them. There have been reports of threats, robberies, kidnappings, even sexual assaults. The FBI says the impersonation scams make it really hard for the community to distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate immigration enforcement practices, even.
Speaker 3: To the point where the folks at the Los Angeles Ice Company are being asked not to wear their clothing they're jackets. I just that didn't work at all, Not even close Icy. Yeah, but one of the there you go, it's the Icy's flag, right, it's the ICES flag.
Speaker 5: This ICY is like an ICY you get it, like a slurp novel.
Speaker 2: I missed that, Okay, I missed that.
Speaker 3: In any case, this is one where you know, ICE does not readily put on their jackets and uniforms like the FBI always has. FBI or police saw that they make themselves known to everybody that this they are, this law enforcement agency.
Speaker 2: ICE doesn't do that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, as matter of fact, they do have jackets, don't they They say ICE on the back, yeah.
Speaker 6: Or they have bulletproof or the you know that have the belcrow labeling on them and yeah.
Speaker 3: But in this case, there are a lot of instances of ICE not doing that, which means the impostors can come in and do their craziness and take advantage. That's and that's what this story is about. And the FBI is saying that people are impersonating ICE ations. But how do you know if the I Sation is not wearing a jacket that clearly discerns that's a discernible that can say that that person's I Sation.
Speaker 6: I don't know the answer other than forcing the issue. Catch you making id of any law enforcement?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in the middle, yeah, in the middle of a demonstration, You're being pushed against the wall, Rocks are being thrown, pepper gas is being thrown.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, officer, can I have your ID please?
Speaker 6: I don't know that that's when these people are doing it. My impression is that they're going to homes or going to places of business or something. And that may be the case.
Speaker 3: But even but even even if that's the case, you are looking at an ICE a potential or amputative ICE agent who is not treating you well. Because that's another story of the way ICE is treating people. You would think that would be something to do, and that is very legitimate. The circumstances don't allow it, not even close. And by the way, you're supposed to be warned about, I say, or people impersonating ICE agents.
Speaker 4: Now what do you do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So I have someone who in front of me may or may not be an ICE agent.
Speaker 6: Now what do I do as I'm being thrown to the ground or handcouts as an ICE agent? I put you out and see what happens. All right, So the Supreme Court apparently meeting behind closed doors today. I'm not sure why you'd reconsider this, but it looks like they're considering this long shot bid to overturn decades old same sex marriage precedent.
Speaker 3: And we don't know if they're going to accept this just it's one of several cases. First they sit down in meetings and decide whether.
Speaker 2: They're going to hear these cases, and.
Speaker 6: This one just to refresh people's memory. It's not like they're just like going, hey, who do we want to f with today. This all goes back to that pending appeal that came from Kim Davis, who was that former county clerk from Kentucky. She refused to issue marriage licenses after the Supreme Court and its blockbuster twenty fifteen decisions. So she's saying the time has come for course correction. And yeah, that's what they's why they're looking. It's not like they're flipping through a book now.
Speaker 3: No, No, what would they do is they actually do horse trading in terms of which cases are important to which Supreme Court justices because they have different interests. So they sit there, There's Clarence Thomas and Amy Barrick Cooney and Clarence you give me two environmental ones and I'll give you one. I'll give you one. Same sex marriage, I'll give you a trade one. You give me two of these.
Speaker 4: They play poker.
Speaker 6: And Clarence Thomas does anybody want to coke? And everyone goes no, that's funny. I think anybody will remember the reference.
Speaker 2: That's that's funny. Canna coke?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: But anyway, So, if I had to guess, I don't think they're going to hear it.
Speaker 2: That's just my guess. I may be dead wrong on this one.
Speaker 5: Why would they Why would they hear it? I mean, it's settled law, Well, so was v.
Speaker 3: Wade, And I think you have enough of a conservative bent on that and not court that it's going to look at these what are considered progressive moves by the previous court.
Speaker 2: Court used to be wildly liberal.
Speaker 3: I mean the liberal part of the United States doesn't remember that, you know, I mean screaming about conservative court. It was wildly liberal. And hey, go ahead and bitch all you want. You know, the president was electedn't look at the constitution. That's just how it works.
Speaker 7: Score one for the Trumpster. The Supreme Court has allowed the administration to move ahead for now with a policy that requires Americans passports to reflect the passport holders sex at birth. The court said that it's basically the same as putting down what the country's the person's country at birth was.
Speaker 2: Do you have to put that male or female on passport? I don't even know.
Speaker 5: You must have to.
Speaker 6: I guess I should put my passport.
Speaker 4: It's an id. Why would you not have to.
Speaker 3: Because there's plenty of places refused to state. You can do governmental not an official legal document.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Don't change a birth certificate, that's right, you can't still do that, and that's the official document.
Speaker 2: You're abslutely right about that.
Speaker 3: In birth certificates are changed all the time, but step parent adoptions are changing adoptions that sort of thing. The question is you know whether the Trumpet, well, the Trump administration is given that ability. Now it's what your gender was at worth. They're saying. Here's the argument made in front of the court is that this is merely a historical statement. It has nothing to do with politics. It's it's who you were and to give information. I don't buy that because if you're coming in as a woman and there's your passport, that says, you're male and you're going to another country. Uh, don't you think you're at risk? Not physically, not being arrested or anything, but just being harassed in some countries you might be. That's exactly my point. Physically, you know that's yeah, but that's my point. And so I don't get the logic.
Speaker 6: I don't you draw the line when you change your plumbing when they go through this? Yeah, I agree, but let me ask you who you are. But what if you what have you done a partial change of your plumbing? I know that there are there are men who become women who do They don't do a full dichotomy.
Speaker 3: Uh, they do a partial one. In other words, balls are removed, No, the balls. Seriously, the balls are removed, and they keep their ons. That's called the shwonse ectomy. By the way, that really is a thing. It was weird they do that.
Speaker 2: They keep their they keep their junk, and yet they're still women.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. No, that's called marriage to you, that's true. Yeah, where they still keep a penis. It doesn't listen if the bike has a kickstand. I just think that it causes complications. Anyway, This is basically this is a win for the Trump administration with a very conservative court.
Speaker 2: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: Well, good luck Conum.
Speaker 6: All right, So Tesla, uh this they announced big general meeting that they had in Austin, Texas. Shareholders approved CEO Elon Musk's big pay package.
Speaker 4: And what a package it is. Could reach one trillion.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's the overall copenci But he has to meet trillion, I know.
Speaker 3: But he has to meet where Tesla would have to become as a corporation, and the profits and the market share, which is dropping by the way, would be so astronomical.
Speaker 6: This is not.
Speaker 4: After the results of this were announced.
Speaker 3: I'm not arguing that people still believe in Tesla Car. I had a Tesla Car.
Speaker 2: I had. It lasted two weeks as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're beautiful machines, they are.
Speaker 3: I never liked it. I never liked my Tesla. I thought it was tenny. I didn't. I simply just didn't like the way I drove. So I took a huge hit on that Tesla too, A huge hit because I bought the Tesla and then literally one week later, must drop the price by twenty percent. That special, isn't it? I got nailed on that car purpose. Yeah, you certainly didn't either, real quickly. Tomorrow afternoon, two to five, please join Neil and Me at his broadcast at the Wild Fork Store in Laguna.
Speaker 2: Miguel is thanks Grilling.
Speaker 4: There'll be a lot some meat.
Speaker 3: And grilling and free samples and giveaways, and Zelman's will be there and giving out samples and what and they have some show, some radio events.
Speaker 4: Just great.
Speaker 6: So please join us tomorrow afternoon from two to five in lagun and Miguel.
Speaker 3: Back we go more Handle on the News. We actually finished Handle on the News with Amy Neil and Me.
Speaker 5: No drugs still deadly.
Speaker 7: Remember that semi truck driver who caused a allegedly caused a chain reaction that killed three people in Ontario on the ten last month. Well, he initially was going to be facing DUI charges because prosecutors had said he was under the influence of drugs. But now those DUI charges have been dismissed against Josh and pret Singh. He's a twenty one year old from Yuba City. Still he's facing vehicular manslaughter charges because three people were still killed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll be deported to prison. He is deemed or a story as he is ill illegally, You're not here illegally.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Bats shoot, Dozens of bats have been found in Los Angeles County this year that have rabies, and the county health officials caution residents and in case they come across one, and you've got the Department of Public Health here in LA County confirmed sixty one rabbid bats have been recorded so far in twenty twenty five, and that's the second highest since twenty twenty one, which is sixty eight rabbit bats.
Speaker 3: Do you find a number of very small? I do, but it could be simply the number that have been caught. There must be zillions.
Speaker 6: I have a calculation that if they come across a number, then it means this many are a percentage or something. But yeah, they maybe they use Nielsen ratings for bats.
Speaker 4: If you find out one to many.
Speaker 6: No, but when you go up to Big Bear like at dusk, you can see them all over the place.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 6: I love bats, but you know, I don't ever, Yeah, not since I was a kid have I come close to them, you know.
Speaker 3: And the authority to say if you're in the same room as a bat or you're near a bat, you immediately go to the emergency room and you start getting treated for rabies. Prophylactically, you get treated for rabis because by the time symptoms happen, you're dead.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 7: Oh, the airlines say, no flight, no problem. So United Airlines CEO is promising to refund customers who don't want to fly during these flight restrictions imposed by the FAA.
Speaker 5: The Kirk Scott Kirby's the CEO.
Speaker 7: He said that any customer is eligible for a refund while the reductions are in effect, even if the flight isn't impacted, and the offer does include non refundable and basic economy tickets. Good for them, yes, and I think a couple other airlines have said that they're gonna do that too.
Speaker 2: Good for them.
Speaker 3: Now, what happens if you fly and you get food poisoning, which happens regularly on these airlines. It does not I know, although the food is not wonderful, you have to admit airplane food is not spectacular.
Speaker 5: I had a really great sandwich the other day on the flight.
Speaker 2: That's because you had a cold in your taste.
Speaker 4: Budes Roth, no force for you.
Speaker 6: A federal judge in Shytown, Chicago said yesterday that they're putting in an extensive injuct injunction rather restricting federal agents and their use of force. So this is dealing with border patrol agents, ice and the like, and the district judge said that they see little reason for the use of force that federal agents have been currently using.
Speaker 7: Business is booming at Airbnb. Airbnb has logged another quarter of sales growth. Travel demand strengthened in the third quarter of this year continued on into October. Customers apparently are booking their travel further in advance, which is a turnaround from last year when everybody's kind of waiting till the last second because of economic uncertainties.
Speaker 2: Have you have you booked airbnbs? I haven't. I've never booked one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah I have Italy, I have in many places.
Speaker 5: I haven't done that internationally. That freaks me out, but I know a lot of people do it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it was great. I have never done that. I always do overseas. It's always hotels.
Speaker 2: That's good. You like to be pampered, Yeah, if you.
Speaker 6: Pick the right one, it can be really really yeah, but it's you know, you go to an Airbnb.
Speaker 3: You're going into a house, right, Yeah, but then I assume may give you a procedures manuals. Here's how to work the TV, how to work Yeah, I see, I have to learn a house, and it just it takes a while. I mean, you're hours just figuring out how things work.
Speaker 6: Often have libraries and all kinds of things, and coffee makers and the whole bit.
Speaker 3: I know, but even learning how to a coffee maker. There are coffee makers, and I you have to wear.
Speaker 4: It's somebody with general brain power.
Speaker 6: Hey, uh with Burger one of my favorite joints coming to uh Dodger Stadium. I love Habit Burger and grilled they do wonderful food. But they're going to have a concession stand. They're at Chavez Ravine, They're going to be in center Field Plaza, and they're going to grill them over an open flame, which is fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Last time I went to a Dodgers game, and now we're talking a million years ago, it was Dodger dogs and peanuts and soda and beer. Well that and this now yeah, yeah, now the food has gotten pretty impressive, insanely expensive.
Speaker 5: I would think Dodger dogs are still like eight bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's not bad. It's Bucks, yeah, Costco. It's a buck fifty including a drink for a not so Dodger dog. Okay, we're done. KF I am six p forty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app