Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post games Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings in Finnytown on Winton Road, and you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig and On alongside Bengals legendary kicker Jim Breech, the leading scorer in franchise history, and we're breaking down the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins night game Rockney Ball. Mike Mills is our awesome on site engineer Sean McMahon is producing back in our Kenwood studios. Wings, Rings, Burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, Wings and Rings has it all. We're here in Finnytown on Winton Road until eight thirty tonight and you are invited. If you can't be here in person, join us by calling five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred the Big One. Merry Christmas to everyone within the sound of my voice, and Merry Christmas to the Cincinnati Bengals, who manufactured the most complete performance of the.
Speaker 3: Season today in Miami.
Speaker 2: After getting shut out last week by the Baltimore Ravens, the Bengals took it personally, vowing that it would never happen again, and it certainly was not gonna happen today. After the Bengals fell behind fourteen to ten in the second quarter, they reeled off thirty five consecutive points with an unbelievable third quarter that we will get to Jim Breach, Merry Christmas to you and your family, at least for one day. We can put a smile back on our faces.
Speaker 4: That's right, chick, And Merry Christmas to you and your family also, and Mike, I can't hear anything. Today was pretty awesome, actually, you know, they played, as you said, the most complete game they played all year.
Speaker 5: It was our standout.
Speaker 4: You mean, you hopeful games like that, and that's where turnovers are huge, so huge, like that third quarter.
Speaker 2: They had three turnovers in the third quarter that the Bengals took advantage of. Two interceptions, a fumble recovery, then a stop on fourth down, and man, here came the points. Incredible six trips inside the Miami red zone Miami University red zone, six touchdowns for the Bengals, forty five to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Jim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, interestingly, apart from last week, Miami didn't play great, but they've been playing really really good football of late, and their defense was a big reason and their running game were the two big reasons they've been playing so well. And Bengals pretty much took advantage of both. You know, they played really well defensively, and on top of that, they moved the ball. They moved the ball, they made plays, They made some huge plays. You know, they Chase Brown an unbelievable game and just shows his abilities on both sides of the ball, just rushing and receiving.
Speaker 2: Also, we'll get to all the individual performances, and we have to give credit here to the Bengals really run defense. After the forty eight yard touchdown, the Bengals gave up eighty one yards on twenty seven carries for a three point zero per yard average.
Speaker 3: That was phenomenal today.
Speaker 5: It was, you know, and.
Speaker 4: That's one of the things that's gone on with this defense this year is they'll play stretches where they play really well and then they'll give up big yards, a big gashes and those yearsually go for touchdowns or long long plays like last week against It happened a few times against Baltimore last week, but really the only time it happened today was that play that Ashane went the distance. Apart from that, they played solid and they were tacked. They did decent job tackling, They were close to the ball, they were tackling quickly after.
Speaker 5: The ball was caught.
Speaker 4: All the things you need to do to keep make teams have to go on long drives and hopefully you come up with turnover somewhere along those drives.
Speaker 2: Last week and the shutout lost to Baltimore. The Bengals got to the thirty five yard line of the Ravens five times, they didn't score a point. Today they score forty five points. Just incredible. And hey, Joe Burrow coming off really his worst performance of his career last week and getting shut out. How about the bounce back performance today. Twenty five of thirty two, three hundred and nine yards, four touchdowns, no interceptions, He did get sacked twice, a passer rating of one forty six point five, and he passes twenty thousand passing yards in his incredible career.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, when you do something long enough and you're really good, you get to do it for a long time. There's some really good stuff's gonna happen, and that's how he'd get into those milestone But he was just his placement of the.
Speaker 5: Ball today was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know throw he made to T Higgins into the right hand corner of the end zone where T tms only when to have had chance that ball, and he throws that so well.
Speaker 5: In the long one.
Speaker 4: Down the left hand sideline, he throws it up high because he's gonna go he's gonna go get it.
Speaker 5: He gets probably eighty percent of those.
Speaker 2: Like Joe said after the game, they were playing single high safety, but that changed real quick because of t Higgins. What the thirty six yarder down the or the thirty five yarder down the left sideline, and then the unbelievable catch in the end zone in the right corner and he drops to his knees, looks to the heavens, thanking a higher power in the Bengals go on to put on a great performance.
Speaker 4: I think he's probably thankful that he's back playing. Yes, you know, after the concussions he's had recently, and he was just every aspect of the game. Ryan Rico four kicks inside the twenty two of them inside or two of them around the five yard line.
Speaker 5: Outstanding job.
Speaker 4: Today, when you have to go ninety ninety five yards, your chances of scoring a touchdown are going to be limited.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase nine catches for one hundred and nine yards, a long gain of thirty six. It's his twenty eighth game with over one hundred yards. Incredible t and you could hear the chance tea at hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens three catches fifty three yards, a seventeen point seven yard average long gain of thirty five and that one touchdown that was just incredible. And Chase Brown, Wow, that's all you can say.
Speaker 3: Wow wow, wow, wow wow.
Speaker 2: Twelve rushes sixty six yards, four catches forty three yards, three touchdowns on the day, a twelve yard touch down run and two tds two TD receptions. He touched the ball sixteen times for one hundred and nine yards. And man, he he hit holes quickly. He finishes runs, and when you finish a run, you don't go down on first contact and that's what Man, the contact balance that that guy has phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the testdown run, he had a great, a great cut around the seven to eight yard line. But you know, the offensive line doing a great job getting down into the second at the second level to make some blocks to kind of spring him too. So it, uh, everything everything was going today. Offensive line played really well, the defensive line played really well against a team that had been running the heck out of the ball lately. You know they were they had gone over one hundred and fifty two hundred yards consecutive games, and today they pretty much shut him down.
Speaker 2: Interceptions by Barry Carter and Jalen Davis both led to touchdowns. Jordan Battle and DJ Turner with forced fumbles, Miles Murphy gets the fumble recovery on battles forced fumble and man, when you get turnovers like that and on short fields, it bodes well for the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Yes it does.
Speaker 4: And that's what happened in the third quarter. Right that's why you can score twenty one points.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna take a quick break right now. We're here till eight thirty tonight. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk following the bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins, were presented by RNL carriers. He's Jim Breach. This is Chick Ludwig Man. Can we get a whodah?
Speaker 3: And this joint? Yeah at Wings and Rings in Finnytown.
Speaker 2: We're here till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. Back to the Rice State Chevy Dealers post games sports talk presented by RNL carriers.
Speaker 3: He's Jim breechs this is Chick Ludwig and we are.
Speaker 2: Live at Wings and Rings Infinnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road. Come on out and let's celebrate together the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins in Miami Gardens, Florida. And Jim was at a coincidence that right after the game in the postgame locker room that Dave Lapham was able to secure one Joe Burrow. I think it's for the first time this year in the locker room he's been able to grab Joe. And I don't think it was a coincidence because with the national media coming down like a gosh, like an anvil on this franchise, on the coaches on this team saying Joe Burrow is gonna walk into my Brown's office and demand a trade, Joe kind of set the record straight praising his teammates, praising his coaches, praising everyone and having fun today.
Speaker 3: With this big victory over the Miami Dolphins. He puts some of that talk to rest.
Speaker 4: I think his goal really when he said those things at that press conferences, he just wanted fighter for the national press, give him something to talk about.
Speaker 5: Yes, don't you think, well, I think he did it pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're the Bengals are the easiest punching bag in the National Football League.
Speaker 3: But Stephen A.
Speaker 2: Smith doesn't want to look at the Pittsburgh Steelers. Okay, they might be leading the division, but Aaron Rodgers cannot play forever, Cam Hayward is nearing retirement, and TJ.
Speaker 3: Watt is injured. So they've got issues. Every National Football League team has issues in this season for the Super Bowl is wide open.
Speaker 4: This would have been a great year to get into the playoffs, particularly in the AFC. I mean it's there's really no dominant team. I mean New England is is one of them and very easily could have beaten them driving down at the end of the game. Buffalo a couple of weeks ago had them beat in the fourth quarter up by by eleven. My my take from what Joe Burrow said wasn't about the organization and his teammates.
Speaker 5: To me, it was.
Speaker 4: More about the rehabbing he's got to go through and how lonely it is and how difficult it is, and and you're there because you're you're apart from you're separated from your teammates. You're doing all this by yourself. That to me is what I took from it. That it's it's he's had to do it several times and it's difficult, you know, mentally emotionally.
Speaker 5: That's hard.
Speaker 4: You have to go in there every day and get yourself ready for the next foot all season.
Speaker 5: That takes a.
Speaker 4: You have to be very strong mentally to continue to do that. And I thought that's what he was referring to.
Speaker 2: Actually, and I interviewed Tim McGee last night on seven hundred WLW, and I askting flat out, is Joe Burrow bengalized? And that means that that definition is when all the life and joy of playing for the Bengals get sucked out of you. And he said he is nearing that vacuum. And the problem is, Joe has had so much success. That's all he's ever known. Okay, wring the Heisman Trophy, the National Championship, being the number one overall draft pick, and then reaching a Super Bowl early in his career, and to have three consecutive seasons without the playoffs. Man, it takes a mental, physical, and emotional toll on you.
Speaker 4: You know, After our first super Bowl in eighty one, we thought, gosh, we'll go back a couple more time with this team, and it took till eighty eight, but then almost there were only.
Speaker 5: Eight of us.
Speaker 4: I think that went to both Yes, so that means we had almost complete you know, eighty five percent turnover. Every season is different and the NFL, unlike college football where Ohio State or LSU or these teams to get the majority of the five star you know, the SEC gets a lot of them. So if you can recruit really well, you're well ahead of the game. Yes, in the NFL, it's all about one how well you draft, how well you develop, because the talent level is very equal. So it's how many games come down to a one score game. I mean the average score in the league is a one score game. So those types of things. And Joe, yeah, he is unbelievably competitive. But from that standpoint, I would think that he would I would push him to want to even be better. However, today during the game, they showed all those players that have been drafted.
Speaker 3: Yes, it.
Speaker 5: Didn't look real good. Did as far as where guys are.
Speaker 4: In their development that has got that has definitely got to improve. If you're gonna be paying a lot of money to Burrow, Chase and Higgins. You've got to have young guys playing at a high level, and lately the defense is playing better. Some of those guys are really coming along. So it's really that's that's really a positive.
Speaker 5: That's exciting to see.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw this out there for all the fans listening, Jim let's review the delivery of the game, and it's brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider now as awesome as t higgins touchdown reception was nine yards to give you the Bengals a seven and h in lead.
Speaker 3: The situation is.
Speaker 2: Third and ten at Miami's thirty eight yard line in the second quarter.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow is under pressure.
Speaker 2: He rolls right and he throws backward over you know, on the other side of his body, across his body between the hash marks to tight end drew Sample and Sample rumbles twenty seven yards to the eleven yard line of the Dolphins, and that led to samajp Ryns touchdown, giving the Bengals a seventeen to fourteen lead that they.
Speaker 3: Would not lose.
Speaker 2: I am saying, I'm giving Drew sample the delivery of the game an unbelievable play.
Speaker 4: I totally agree, not only on his part to be aware enough that Joe is going away from him. So he really wasn't a part of the play as far as the blocking aspect of it, right, So he just let his guy go and dropped off.
Speaker 5: Joe is going away from him.
Speaker 4: But because he understands so well what they're doing where everybody is, he knows he can right back to him and he did beautifully.
Speaker 5: And that was a that was a huge, huge play.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers were live at Wings and Rings eighty three seventy seven Winton Road, right here in Finnytown on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pillow Now Pay Later Carrier and your local carrier Dealers turned to the expert Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We're live at Wings and Rings in Finnytown at eighty three seventy seven Winton Road, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig. I'm alongside Bengals legend kicker Jim Breach, the leading scorer in franchise history, and we're breaking down the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 3: Mike mills Is are on site.
Speaker 2: Engineer Sean McMahon, Elder High School and University of Cincinnati's finest is producing.
Speaker 3: Back in our Kenwood Studios.
Speaker 2: Wings, rings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and of course drink specials, wings and rings.
Speaker 3: Has it all.
Speaker 2: We're here in Finnytown on Winton Road until eight thirty tonight and you are invited. But if you can't be here in person, join us by calling five, one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred.
Speaker 3: The Big one.
Speaker 2: Bengals put it all together today, all three phases offense, defense, special teams trample the Miami Dolphins forty five to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Jim Breach.
Speaker 2: What does it all mean for a team that's five and ten with two games remaining?
Speaker 4: It means you're playing for your job every week that you go out, every game, you play, every practice, you practice, you're playing for your job, particularly in an area if they're struggling, like the defensive struggled. Fortunately has been playing better, but there's a lot of guys there there. They're playing for their job every time they go out, just like those rookies in the preseason. You know why, you know, I don't want to watch the preseason, but those guys playing at the end of the bench.
Speaker 5: It's huge right right now. These guys are playing for their jobs.
Speaker 4: And on top of that, so if you don't care, there's just a chance to draft somebody in your positions that you don't want that, no doubt. Yeah, you're playing for your job every time you go out and and nobody everybody's competitive too.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you didn't You didn't have the season you wanted to have.
Speaker 4: But you know this week we can go out and put something together.
Speaker 5: And you asked me earlier. Can carry over?
Speaker 4: Dan Horde had metched something about that in nineteen eighty I came for the last four games. The Bengals had three wins. Yes, coming off five straight losses in the last four weeks, we go three and one or one loss was.
Speaker 5: To the Cardiac kids. Did they kick the field goal with like a minute to go in the game?
Speaker 3: Was that a six and ten season? It was six and ten.
Speaker 4: The offense had only scored over twenty points once and then scored twice over twenty and once in the thirties. Because now you could feel the offense really coming together. And the next season we go to the Super Bowl because what we had continuity on our coaching staff, so people were comfortable with what was going on on both sides of the ball, and from then we just took off. So I think there can be carryover unless there's a huge personnel change and guys are starting all over. But like for instance, just taking a while for the defense to start playing as competitive as they have been. So if you have a huge turnover, you could be starting over again in a lot of ways. Or do they fill in some spots that are critical and go from there.
Speaker 2: When you mentioned the nineteen eighty one season, a tier forms in my eye thinking about the immortal head coach for US, Crag.
Speaker 3: Who came from the Browns.
Speaker 2: He did Cleveland Browns and fell out of favor with players up there or whatever.
Speaker 3: All he asked was eight hours work for eight hours pay. And you're right.
Speaker 2: They built some momentum at the end of nineteen eighty and then nineteen eighty one was a Super Bowl run.
Speaker 3: It took what seven more years to get back.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that's not the case here in Cincinnati with Joe Burrow in his prime.
Speaker 3: But right now, let's pause. Let's go out to the phones. Mike is in Norwood. Mike are you there, Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 6: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 3: I'll take my answer off the air.
Speaker 6: I was worrying about Joe Burrow in the off season, and I was wondering how many hookers and how much cocaine go on them.
Speaker 2: I didn't quite hear the question what he's going to do in the off season.
Speaker 3: Man, he can do anything he wants.
Speaker 2: Hey, he could go back to France and be a fashion model, because I think his face belongs on the cover of People magazine. Can I say it as the sexiest man in America? A little man love there for Joe Burrow? Is that insane, Jim breeching.
Speaker 4: Well, with the kind of money of these guys make, they can do anything they want, Yes, they can. Just so they prepare for the season. And these guys they do. They work hard, they come in they're off seasons. As far as preparation are amazing. These guys work really hard. But yet they have a staff time. You can't work out literally eight hours, eight ten hours a day.
Speaker 3: It's not like the old days, Jim, where guys got.
Speaker 2: Just showed up, well, say got jobs, that got jobs in the offeason they needed them. They were not making that much money playing prof national football.
Speaker 3: Now it's all life changing money.
Speaker 5: It is. It is. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember going home and I was working at a paper company. I'd work half a day and then I go do my workout. Did that for Joe I moved out here.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it's uh, it's different today just a little bit.
Speaker 2: But Joe has you know, he's talked about improving his really his off season workouts.
Speaker 3: He works extremely hard.
Speaker 2: He's uh, you know, he's got all kinds of people to help him with his diet and his you know is the cooking and the intake of.
Speaker 3: Food and everything. So he's going to be careful with all that.
Speaker 2: But the dude has style, he's got grace, he's got talent, and he might be the most important He's definitely the most important player, uh, in this franchise right now, perhaps in history.
Speaker 4: Jim very very positively he uh he he kind of he.
Speaker 5: Did something that nobody else has ever been able to do.
Speaker 4: Carson Palmer couldn't get some of the things done he wanted done. Joe Burrow was able to got T Higgins signed, Mike Yasicki brought back. So yeah, from that standpoint, it's different than anybody has ever done in this franchise's history.
Speaker 5: And there is a.
Speaker 4: The thing is, when you're a player, your window is not very large large. You're looking at a long career might be ten or twelve years for quarterback like him, he could be fifteen to twenty. But for optimal playing for all these guys, it's it's pretty small.
Speaker 5: You have a small window, and you.
Speaker 4: Hate that you lose three seasons in a row, for instance, where you really have great talent. You potentially have great talent if you think of Chasing Higgins and Joe, but they've only been on the field thirty seven percent of the time together. So gotta fear out ha to get him on the field together, to stay on the field together, and then have the other aspects, the complementary aspects, so they can get into the playoffs and have chances at the run at the super Bowl every year because they should be able to.
Speaker 5: But you know it's Dan Marino.
Speaker 4: Dan Marino got to one super Bowl and he never got back. Dan Fouts never got to a Super Bowl with an unbelie maybe a better offense than the Bengals have.
Speaker 2: Right now, we could talk about the history forever.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one super Bowl for Dan Marino. They got beat handily by the San Francisco forty nine ers at Stanford Stadium.
Speaker 3: I believe it was nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: It was and he had great wide receivers in the Marx Brothers, Mark Clayton and Mark Duper, so he only made one. So we hope Joe will be able to get back and really hopefully both Joe's.
Speaker 3: I would love to have Flacco back next year. I really would.
Speaker 4: Is Jose back on, It'll be interesting because he said, really, every time he sits out, he goes somewhere and has an opportunity to play. And it's obvious he has no trouble picking up an offense. He played it after three days and he went out and played really well. So he might want to say I'm gonna take my chances and go somewhere where I could actually start.
Speaker 5: But unless he enjoys being here.
Speaker 2: Let's go back out to the phones. Do we have Carl in my old stomping grounds, Oak Hills?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I'm a long suffering Reds and Bengals fans. We'll leave the red for another day, but this is what I have.
Speaker 8: To say tonight.
Speaker 7: I'm glad that the winning time the Bengals win makes me happy, So I mean, there's no frustrating.
Speaker 5: With that at all.
Speaker 7: But you know you hear Burrow and Chase saying that, you know, there's not an issue.
Speaker 8: With the coaching. They got great coaching.
Speaker 7: So if I take them for their word and Zach Taylor and all his coaching staff are great coaches and all that kind of stuff, it leads me to, Okay, well, the front office sudden, Now this is where this is just I'm not I'm more of a baseball man than i am a football man, even though.
Speaker 8: I'm a big, a big fan. So I'm interested in seeing what.
Speaker 7: You guys think about this. So if you're not going to have a quote unquote GM and you're going to operate, you know how the Bengals are operating, which I don't.
Speaker 8: See that changing, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: They own the team.
Speaker 7: They have a right to running however they like. So I guess my frustration of it is is when it comes to drafting, and when you know, anybody can draft Chase Burrow and all that kind of stuff. So when it comes to the other other players and filling out the roster and all that kind of stuff. Is it crazy for me to think that if you really don't have a GM, that this.
Speaker 8: This is this is where it's going to get crazy.
Speaker 7: Just look at all the mock drafts and this and that and the other, and seeing who all these quote unquote experts are supposes, you know, saying the should take or whatever and put it all together and look at those players and then kind of.
Speaker 8: Stick to that.
Speaker 7: I guess, you know, I don't know, just because I mean, Shamir Stewart might might turn out to be the greatest thing ever. But you know, obviously the first year has been a little bit less to be desired. And it seems like it I'll end on this and here it lets you guys talk, But it seems like, you.
Speaker 8: Know, when they see something.
Speaker 7: In a player that maybe no one else sees and then either the development slow or it never happens at all. What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 2: Wow, that was a three minute monologue that could have been reduced to ten seconds. The draft is an inexact science. And I know the Bengals get bludgeoned for their small scouting department. Can we say it again, Jim Breach? Everyone knows who you know the best players are. You pick players you know based on you know, scouting reports and what you see with the eye test and everything. So yeah, some of it has to do with developing them. Uh, the previous defensive coordinator liked veterans and and here comes out Golden.
Speaker 3: With a youth movement. And you know, with the youth movement, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Was a gamble they took and it kind of backfired this year, letting Logan Wilson go. So what we're seeing is a Miles Murphy with with what one year left on his contract, really stepping forward. You know, it took three years it you know, so.
Speaker 5: You can you can throw DJ Turner in there.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's played really well.
Speaker 4: DA's hill when he as he's gotten healthier, He's definitely he's really a really good player. He made one play today, a swing pass to the running back.
Speaker 5: He comes up to get he's got.
Speaker 4: A lead blocker out in front of him, he dives underneath the block, hops up and tackles. I've a change for a one yard game. That was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It was athletic.
Speaker 3: That was Davis blow up a play.
Speaker 4: Now, Jalen Davis is a free agent, So that's a free agent that they brought in. But the fact is they showed those guys on the list, there aren't very many that are having much impact that list of second, first, second, third round players.
Speaker 5: They have not developed, They have not drafted and developed well.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure internally they're talking about it because it just hasn't happened.
Speaker 5: Marvin Lewis had a really good eye for talent, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, they had some really they picked up, you know, the Geno Atkins, Carols, Unlaps, and unfortunately the last several drafts, it just hasn't happened on defense. So they whether it's the drafting, and I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the draft department, because as you said, everybody has the same people they're looking at, and they get guys from obscure schools. When the Bengals had guys that had part time jobs doing this outing, that's when they got the Ken Riley's, you know, Lamar Parrish's.
Speaker 2: I think, so hey appreciate that, appreciate all the callers.
Speaker 3: We have to take a break.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL carriers. He's Jim Breach, this is Chick Ludwig on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 5: I think that's where.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL carriers Chick Ludwig alongside Jim Breach. We are at the Wings and Rings Infinnytown eighty three seventy seven, winning road until eight thirty tonight. Come on out and check out Wings and Rings man. We love the partnership here between Wings and Rings and iHeart Media. Cincinnati Bengals forty five, Dolphins twenty one. Let's go out to the phones our good friend Brandon Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Brandon, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey, Chicksterre and Jim Merry Christmas.
Speaker 5: To you guys.
Speaker 10: Chick, I've been Disney and that's why I haven't called in lately.
Speaker 3: But I really write back down.
Speaker 5: Thank you too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and Jim, I you know I appreciate what you did as a player, you know, guys. It's uh. I'm glad they won today. Will always taking a win, you know. I we need to get back to playoff football. I hope that they don't say, well, first of all, I hope they don't say when this is all over, where our defense and everything's just fine, because it's not. And why on God's Green Earth that I still play in. Joe Burrow and jamar Cha, I know they want to play, but guys, they could get hurt. Wouldn't you be really kicking?
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought that up, Brandon. A lot of fans said, hey, sit Joe Burrow down. Okay, Well, when I as a fan, when I go to a game, I want to see the best players.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Number one, he wants to play, he's healthy enough to play. He wants vindication after last week's you know, terrible loss in a shutout to the Baltimore Ravens, and he got sat down with eleven minutes and twenty two seconds to go today with the Bengals finally enjoying a lopsided win. They don't come very often, Jim Breach, You know.
Speaker 5: That is a long time.
Speaker 4: That's a that's really early in the game for any any quarterback to be taken out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no matter what the score is.
Speaker 4: But yes, elevens ago, that's a lot of time left. You know, the Bengals just scored three touchdowns in a quarter, and you don't want to get into let the momentum turn around. You do something crazy and all of a sudden, you lose the momentum, and they scored a couple of touchdowns really quick. They get back in the game, and that's really the thinking. They don't want to disrupt it too much. Now if the other team starts to replace guys, uh, and it just seems to be well in hand, which it was so at eleven minutes they were able to switch it out.
Speaker 2: But any anything else there, Brandon, I'm sorry I interrupted you.
Speaker 10: Well, no, I was just I was just.
Speaker 9: Gonna say, and I'm glad we won today.
Speaker 10: But guys, I hate to sound negative, but the wins don't meet I mean, we're I mean it's probably gonna hurt our draft pick. And I know that the team doesn't play the tank. I wouldn't want him to play the tank. I don't think you'd never be told that, Gym, But I just I just need to see a serious injury when it doesn't matter. I don't blame Joe who want to play, but man, I just want to see playoff football like the Reds. You know, we want to see playoff baseball, but I want to see playoff football.
Speaker 9: In the defense it's actually gonna.
Speaker 10: Show up like they did today. I mean they're probably gonna win.
Speaker 5: They're they're probably gonna win out.
Speaker 9: But it doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 10: That's my that's my whole problem with all that. It doesn't mean a thing.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: That's hey, you know, they get paid to play and they're professionals, and you gotta play.
Speaker 5: And if that means winning games, you're gonna win games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only way it can be controlled is if they're coaching staff or the ADM. You know, the people running the show ultimately decide, you know, we need to find out what some of these guys can do, which kind of what happened with the defense is they put these two linebackers in and so those are gonna be our starters.
Speaker 5: We're gonna deal Logan Wilson to to.
Speaker 4: Dallas and we're gonna find out and and it didn't work out really well for a long time. It started, it's getting better. It's it's starting to come together. And that's that's one of the reasons they need to play.
Speaker 5: Guys and.
Speaker 4: Your competitor. You don't want guys do not want to sit. We're so we're so competitive at everything we do. We're playing a flag football game. After we're all done playing a bunch of us old guys playing some team up north, some school team, and it was a close game.
Speaker 5: And Icky's like, he's yelling at us. We're guys are competitive. Some guys want to play, so the coaches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to your point, if coaches have to put you down, sit you down.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate that. Brandon, stay well. Merry Christmas to you, and hey, we can need to take a break.
Speaker 3: At the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk live from Wings and Rings Infinnytown eighty three seventy seven went and roade and were presented by RNL carriers.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breach.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty for iHeart Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers. This is Chick Ludwig alongside Bengals legend place kicker extraordinary Jim Breach, who wore both numbers ten and three in his career.
Speaker 3: Am I correct? You are correct? Yes? I love both not.
Speaker 5: Do you know why?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: When I came to the Bengals, there were two teams in the NFL that didn't have single digits, Green Bay Packers Cincinna Bengals John Stanner Rud the same day I signed with the Bengals. For the next day, stand Rud signed with Green Bay, who had worn three and.
Speaker 5: I wore three.
Speaker 4: Because of Stanner Rude, he wore three throughout his career. He ended up wearing ten in Green Bay and I ended up wearing ten, which was Chris Barr's number prior to that. So I said, Tom Gray, if we ever go to single digits, I'd like to go back to three and eighty four, and they drafted Boomer. Part of his contract was he gets to wear a single digit at seven.
Speaker 5: So that's how I ended up with three.
Speaker 3: Oh, that is fantastic. Well, Jim, let's check out.
Speaker 2: The guilty windows window of opportunity brought to you like Kilkey Windows to Keeta Quality Windows.
Speaker 3: Is trusting the pros Kilkey Windows. I've been kind of saving this because when it happened, I'm there. This has to be the window of opportunity.
Speaker 2: Bengals are nursing a halftime lead seventeen to fourteen, right, Okay, Then Miami gets the ball to start the third quarter, they face third and four at their own thirty six. All of a sudden, a thirty one yard pass play for the Dolphins, but we see yellow hankies on the field offensive pass interference. Now it's instead of third and four, it's third and fourteen. And Dan Horde said during the broadcast, if you can force Quinn viewers, starting.
Speaker 3: In place of to a tagabaloa, force.
Speaker 2: Him to row the ball under duress third and long, great chance that there could be a turnover.
Speaker 3: Well, third and.
Speaker 2: Four he did get a ten yard pass off to tight end Greg Daltchik, but here comes Jordan Battle punching the ball out. Miles Murphy recovers, and basically the rest is history. Often the races, the avalanche of points start coming and touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, And we can't say it enough. The third quarter in this game arguably one of the greatest quarters in Bengals history.
Speaker 5: It was pretty good.
Speaker 2: And three turnovers plus a fourth down stop, so basically four turnovers and three touchdowns in the third quarter and more in the fourth.
Speaker 3: So it was just phenomenal.
Speaker 5: It was. It absolutely was.
Speaker 4: I do remember a game against Houston where we scored four touchdowns in the first quarter, which was I think that might have been the ninety ninety from the ninety season in the playoff game that year, but twenty one, twenty eight. That changes the game, That absolutely changes the game. They changed it today. You know that that play that was kind of a quick I don't know that the guy really should have been called for huff insipassit affair.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: He did a good job trying to avoid it. Kind of looked like he was trying to get out of the way. But they called it, which was great for the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Right wrong place, wrong time. Hey, we'll take it.
Speaker 5: We'll can The.
Speaker 2: Three touchdowns that the Bengals scored into third quarter all by Chase Brown, a nine yard pass from Joe Burrow, a twelve yard run, and a five yard pass from Joe Burrow. And those tribes were six plays thirty four yards, two plays thirty five yards, six plays fifty three yards. In that early fourth quarter, a seventeen yard passed from Joe Burrow to Mike Kisiki, making it forty five to fourteen. Well, and then you know, with a lot of backups in there, a nine play, ninety seven yard drive by the Miami Dolphins to score the final points in this game with three forty three to go, making it a final score of forty five to twenty one.
Speaker 3: In the game. That only took two hours and fifty one minutes, So that was sweet.
Speaker 5: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you know, Quinn you were I thought he played okay even the two interceptions won. He actually put it right on the guy. Newton made a phenomenal play. And on the one down the sideline, Jen Davis, what a play. He completely pinned Waddle into the sideline. They had no nowhere from to go, and that was textbook. I'll put that on a highlight reel. That was beautiful.
Speaker 2: Quin you weres twenty of thirty for two hundred and sixty yards, no sacks, no touchdowns, two interceptions, a long gate of twenty nine a passed a rating of sixty six even and what I noticed, gosh, he was throwing off balance a lot, throwing off his back foot. I mean the throw down the right sideline that Jalen Davis intercepted, I mean it was up there, and you're right, Davis pinned the guy. I think it was a toward Waddle wile TMD and yeah, grabbed it, but I.
Speaker 4: Thought there were a couple of times and Joe did this also where he threw it to Waller and he threw the ball, he just laid it up high because Waller's so much bigger than the guy trying to cover him.
Speaker 5: And he got two receptions that way Waller did.
Speaker 4: And just like Joe did, the Higgins down the sideline and into the core of the end zones.
Speaker 5: He throws him up.
Speaker 4: There where a team's gonna go up and get it over almost everybody else.
Speaker 2: Waller an X Raider, an X Raider who took last year off and he had I think he's he did have some mental issues, some anxiety and depression. So uh happy for him to come back and continue his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Darren Waller, he's a good player, he really is. We are at five one three seven nine seven hundred, the big one.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, throw some use Yes, wouldn't you like more games where we have to when we're complaining.
Speaker 5: About whether we take the quarterback out soon or not or not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, after because the team is so far ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we got more of those. And I love the banter between Dan and lap Dan Horde and Dave Lapham. Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, with a comfortable lead, the Bengals never get a comfortable lopsided win.
Speaker 3: It seems like, well.
Speaker 4: It seems like the games when with head and direction, something happens and the other team gets back in it. Today, it didn't they around them to maintain and mild on it.
Speaker 2: Actually, and hey, just a reminder of fans out there to postgame sports talk is brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile, M and P delivers you can depend on its and Jim uh, you know, just looking at some of the numbers here from the Cincinnati Bengals once again, t Higgins big impact early, especially on the first drive, the deep pass down the left sideline. I mean, he's just a special talent. He is long, he is strong, He high points the ball and he snatches it out of the air.
Speaker 5: And then on the.
Speaker 2: They just compliment each other so well, the strength and the power of a Jamar Chase.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: You know, she just made me think with Higgins, he catches that, he high points that ball. He's like a center, and they always sound him, don't bring the ball down when you're in basketball, don't bring it down.
Speaker 5: Where guys can get it and you gotta hold it up, keep it up.
Speaker 4: He just keeps the ball up there and he's got like that, he's like trying to knock it away from he holds it.
Speaker 5: He goes to the ground, he's still holding it.
Speaker 4: Away from his body and he hands him back to the ref same way he did the same thing on the touchdown.
Speaker 5: He just keeps that, says, long arms. He holds that ball up in a way they can't get it out.
Speaker 2: Well, the catch that he made against Minnesota a couple of years ago and reach back, yeah, like at the one or two yard line and then flips the ball back over the pie line.
Speaker 3: That that was unbelievable.
Speaker 5: That was truly great awareness.
Speaker 3: Oh that was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Hey, will we invite your calls man a great crowd today here at the Wings and Rings Infinnytown at eighty three seventy seven Winton Road. We're here till eight thirty tonight. He's Jim Bree. This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to the tri Stge Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. It is Christmas Week on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: Do you own a small business?
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Tri statee Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Chick Ludwig alongside Jim Breach.
Speaker 3: We are here live Wings and Rings.
Speaker 2: And Finnytown at eighty three seventy seven Winton Road, and Pat from Reading just walked in, so my day is complete. Happy uh, Merry Christmas to Pat and really all the fans within the sound.
Speaker 3: Of our voice. Absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 2: Well, Jim, let's check out and highlight the drive of the game brought to you by the BMW Store. There are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where Passion Loves Company.
Speaker 3: We talked about it off the air.
Speaker 2: We're picking the first touchdown drive because the Bengals got shut out last week by the Baltimore Ravens, and like Jim said, in the last two weeks, the Bengals are averaging how many points a game? Twenty two and a half points a game, good for a one to one record. Shut out last week, scoring forty five.
Speaker 3: This week six for six in the red zone. Just awesome.
Speaker 2: But here's the first drive, the second drive of the game for the Bengals, no score, First and ten, Cincinnati had its own nine. Joe Burrow deep passed on the left sideline to t Higgins for thirty five yards.
Speaker 3: That was huge.
Speaker 2: Then a short pass to samajp Ry for eight yards. P Ryan off left guard for three yards. Now it's first inten at Miami's forty five yard line. A short pass to Jamar Chase, he got pushed out of.
Speaker 3: Bounds for eleven yards.
Speaker 2: Now the Bengals face first and ten at miamis thirty four. Chase Brown left guard for three yards. Second and seven at Miami's thirty one yard line, Joe Burrow short pass over the middle to Jamar Chase for twenty two yards to Miami's nine. And on the next play out of the shotgun right side passed it to the right really the right corner of the end zone and just a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Catch, beautiful throw, beautiful catch. Team was the only one had chance. He threw it up and literally because of his size and at length of his arms, he was the only one that had chance. And he does such a good job getting both.
Speaker 3: Feet down the toe tap was just unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Beautiful all around. It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: They and they did basically did that play a couple of weeks ago against Buffalo, same type of play.
Speaker 2: And Jim were watching college football, the playoffs, college football playoffs, were watching the NFL.
Speaker 3: In the NFL, t.
Speaker 2: Was covered maybe the guys, you know inches. And last night the Chicago Bears on the in overtime on the final play, a walk off touchdown to uh dj Moore, Dj Moore, and the defender of Green Bay has his arms you know right, I mean right there, and DJ Moore pulled that sucker in. He's just unbelievable. And that's the that's the greatness of the NFL. These are world class athletes.
Speaker 4: Calen Williams to the ball, you literally could not have put it there or any better than he threw that. And then the guy is strangling DJ Moore has his arm in there, and somehow he's able to catch that. So that was, Yeah, that was pretty phenomenal. It's amazing. You're right, you know they say anytime the guy's back to you, to the receiver, they're open, Yes, so they throw it a lot. That's why these back the back shoulder throws work so well, because what can you do, especially if a guy like t throw.
Speaker 5: It up high, you can't. I don't care. If even I know it's coming, they can't stop it.
Speaker 3: And yes, uh who likes to say it, Yeah, it was David Folcher.
Speaker 2: When the ride receiver's eyes get real big in the running back or the dB is running with a you know that it's.
Speaker 3: Coming his way.
Speaker 2: Yep, So attempt to get your head turned around and uh defend the ball man or defense.
Speaker 3: The pass just just incredible.
Speaker 2: So the drive of the game was the Bengals first touchdown drive seven plays ninety one yards. It took four minutes and once one second off the off the clock, and the Bengals score was seven to fifty eight to go in that first quarter for a seven and up in lead, and of course the Miami Dolphins answered quickly.
Speaker 3: The Bengals kicked.
Speaker 2: A fueld goal and you know it was a good day for Cincinnati when Evan McPherson's forty five yard fueld goal off the left upright goes through.
Speaker 5: Loved it. Yes, I love it when that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every once in a while, a kicker we'll get that break, baby.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you're watching it.
Speaker 2: And what if Evan mc What if Evan McPherson was healthy last year man with all the.
Speaker 4: Uh, there was other things going on besides just his health that happened toward the end of the year he had he was struggling with some technique things and he's made some adjustment.
Speaker 5: It's it's different.
Speaker 4: He's kicking them all differently this year, more like he did his first year. And I think mentally, I mean he is so he's kicking the ball so well.
Speaker 5: And yeah, so it's amazing how many guys get hurt.
Speaker 4: Kickers get hurt these days where guys are missing time constantly, and.
Speaker 5: So I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it's kick it so hard they get they put so much stress.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know what it is, but guys miss a lot of time and it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: And that's why, Jim, you don't quit the NFL. It quits you. You've got to keep working out because you never know when that phone calls coming, especially for a kicker that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta be ready. Uh, you know, you never know when the opportunity is going to arise. You got to be ready for it when it does.
Speaker 2: I wished Shane Graham a happy birthday on Facebook, so we we did a couple of messagers together. He says, hope you're doing well. I said, I hope you're doing well. And you look up his career. Technically he was property of eighteen NFL.
Speaker 5: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: And he played like fourteen years whatever, but three teams in one season. But he lasted seven years with the Bengals, and it's interesting.
Speaker 4: He had an opportunity to go after the he struggled again in the Jets game playoff game. The Bengals wanted they wanted to keep him, and they made him a good offer, but he wasn't satisfied with it, and so it just didn't work out and he moved on. But they would have gladly kept him, right, he probably would have played the rest of his career in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: That's that's wild. Yeah, that's just you know, you make decisions.
Speaker 4: Chrissebo decided to leave the Reds, right, and then he just never really had a great career after that. So you make decisions and you don't know it's even's greener on the other side or not.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've reached the top of the hour break gosh, hour and a half down, an hour and a.
Speaker 3: Half to go. He's Jim Breach. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Deader's post game sports Talk following the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins at hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. And we are presented by RNL Carriers live from Wings and Rings Infinnytown on seven hundred WLW in Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: This is where they Orange and black.
Speaker 1: Town WC Gamey Cincinnati News. This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you and part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three top h Postman law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise. Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings in Finnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road.
Speaker 3: This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: I'm alongside Bengals legend Jim Breach, the leading scorer in franchise history, and we're continuing to break down the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins like a wrecking ball game was played at hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens.
Speaker 3: And I believe Jim Breach.
Speaker 2: It's the site of the college Football Playoff National Championship game.
Speaker 5: Yeah in my outdoors, Yes, love it.
Speaker 2: Mike mills Is are awesome on site Engineer Sean McMahon producing back in our Cadenwood studios. We love Wings and Rings, Wings Rings, burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials.
Speaker 3: Wings and Rings has it all.
Speaker 2: We are here on Winton Road, Infinnytown until eight thirty tonight, and you are invited. If you can't be here in person, please join us by calling five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand or one eight hundred.
Speaker 3: The Big One and Jim. What we find out is when the Bengals lose, my cell phone blows up, phone lines light.
Speaker 2: Up like a Christmas tree. But just let them win a football game, and all his calm all is bright. Christmas Week has started with a Bengals victory to push their record.
Speaker 3: To five and ten.
Speaker 4: Well check, not only did they win, they won an in dominant fashion, complementary football.
Speaker 5: Everybody played well, all sides of the ball. What can you say, I know except that it was a good game. It was a really good game.
Speaker 3: It really was. The third quarter was just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Basically four turnovers, two interceptions, a fumble recovery, and then to stop them on fourth down and then to score after every one of those turnovers.
Speaker 3: They will score twenty one unanswered points in that third quarter.
Speaker 2: They wind up scoring thirty five in a row after falling behind fourteen to ten, for a very comfortable forty five to twenty one victory over the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: There haven't been a lot of those over the last few years where you could relax in the fourth quarter, take your quarterback out, take get some young guys in, get them to play. And it was kind of nice that way. The bench, the bench is it's a blast. The trip home is fine because everybody got to be a part of it. Everybody got to contribute.
Speaker 2: And one of our themes here Jim today is what does it all mean? Well, we'll answer that. Let's go out to the phones. We've got Willie in Monroe home with the hornets.
Speaker 10: You got that ride, all right, Willy Jim chicking, Jim, Mary, Marry.
Speaker 11: Christmas to you guys, Thanks very much, Thank you you too. A couple of little things. And I don't want to uh turn this thing salar, but uh, you know we're we've got five wins. I don't hear a lot of celebration going on in your background. Uh we need to appreciate what happened today. But did it take this long into the season to make this happen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just wonder, you wish, uh you wish they had more like this.
Speaker 2: And you know, listening to uh, you know the postgame report, you know, the the theme from Dan Horte's questions to the players in the locker room afterward. You know, could this basically be a springboard and a positive sign for the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 5: I believe it can be.
Speaker 4: And as I said earlier, our our eighty season ended up three waiting three of the last four after the team was three and uh three and nine going into the end of the last four games and going.
Speaker 5: Three and one.
Speaker 4: And scoring over twenty points twice over thirty when they'd only had one game over twenty all year prior to that, and it was things kind of turned the tide. So we went in training camp the next year. Everybody was on the same page. You didn't have to it was full steam ahead. And I think potentially, particularly on the defensive side, these last few weeks, I mean, you know, Baltimore game wasn't great, but Baltimore scored twenty four, right, they had twenty four points.
Speaker 5: That's winnable most times. That's very winnable. So I'm encouraged that if they can continue to build on this.
Speaker 4: We see some really positive things happening with the defensive backfield. Some of the young guys Jayalen Davis played great today. DJ Turners had a Pro Bowl year. Ax Hill has had some great plays. The safeties are playing better. There's some good things happening. Yes, and I think it's potentially can lead into next season.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm looking.
Speaker 2: I love the ball possession and drive chart. And the Bengals had twelve possessions and after punt, touchdown, punts, field goal, then touchdown, end of the half, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, touchdown, So five consecutive possessions ending with a touchdown.
Speaker 3: That is just fantastic.
Speaker 4: It is is demoralizing if you're on the other end, it just seems like everything you do, you know, it turns into a touchdown, turned into a turnover that turns into a touchdown, and that's frustrating and that takes the steam out of you in a hurry.
Speaker 3: And hey, we really appreciate Willie calling.
Speaker 2: Appreciate all the loyal listeners and all the callers to the Bengals postgame show.
Speaker 3: And do we have Dave in Sharonville?
Speaker 8: Yes, Hi, check, Hi Jim, how you doing great?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 12: Merry Christmas, good, goody, Merry Christmas. You know, I noticed one thing about the offense you know, obviously they were shown when when on TV, they were shown When Burrow, Chase and Tea all start a game, like their winning percentage goes way up. And I think that was one of the main differences between last week and this week, was just having Tea in there, because when when they don't have them in there, it's easy to double cover jamar And and the offense just seems to look totally different when Tea's not on the field.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 4: But that's where you have these young guys Tinsley and Yoshivas really need to step up, and they they've had their opportunities and really haven't stepped up yet on a consistent basis. Now, Yoshi had a really nice play across across the field that Joe laid out there for me.
Speaker 5: He went and got it. It was a big gainer. So the young guys have to step up because you're not going to have everybody on the field all the time.
Speaker 4: It's just it's a it's type of sport that people do get hurt UH and unfortunately, and that's why your depth is so so critical in the UH in the NFL.
Speaker 8: Let me ask you guys one other questions.
Speaker 12: So say they win the next two and you know, everybody's feeling optimistic.
Speaker 7: Hey, we're going to be better next year.
Speaker 3: I mean in your mind.
Speaker 12: I'll leave you with this, and I just want to hear what you think.
Speaker 3: What changes do need to be made for next year?
Speaker 12: You know, even if we finish three and zero here down the stretch, what changes do you think need to be made to where we give ourselves a better chance of you know, making a getting in the playoffs and making a deep run next year.
Speaker 2: We'll address that when we come back from break. Very good question. Appreciate the call. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's Jim Breech. This is Chick Ludwig. We're live at the Wings and Rings in Finnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: From the ballpark to the.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers, And a reminder to all the fans out there that Sports Talk is brought to you in part by AE Door and Window Company. They sell the best and service the rest. We are live here at Wings and Rings Infinnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breech.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig and it's the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. And we're celebrating the bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins. We're breaking it down like a wrecking ball. Everybody wants us to have a crystal ball. Jim, what are the Bengals going to do in the offseason?
Speaker 5: What can they do?
Speaker 3: What changes can they make in order to get back to the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I say they need a couple more veterans on defense and then man.
Speaker 3: Draft.
Speaker 2: Well, especially on defense, I think you can always add an offensive line that when you look at this offense, to me, it's pretty well set. You've got the tackles or Endo Brown has another year, Amius Mims is awesome. Okay, you got two young guards, Ted karrisher S.
Speaker 5: Also you have Ryisner who's played very well. They could resign him. Probably a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, And and then your skill position players all over the place. Mike Kasiki is back, he's under contract. Of course, t Higgins and Jamar Chase are under contract, so is Joe Burrow and samaj Ap Ryan. You definitely want him back. I believe he's under contract. Chase Brown phenomenal. His career is starting to really blossom. So there's a lot of continuity on offense. Defense. Yeah, these young guys are fighting their tails off. They're playing not only for the Bengals but for thirty one other clubs and just draft better and add some free agents.
Speaker 5: That's easy to say, is it really is?
Speaker 3: It really is?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm sure nobody goes into a draft think, you know, we're not gonna does that draft well this year, that's exactly everybody think.
Speaker 5: And when you draft, you think this is we got really good players.
Speaker 3: Yes, but.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it doesn't happen right away. Miles Murray, he is playing.
Speaker 4: Really well and it's taken a little while for it to kick in, and he's getting a lot of opportunity.
Speaker 5: That might be part of it too.
Speaker 4: He's playing more and it's finally it's maybe things are slowing down a little bit and his athlicability is coming out. But he's playing very nice that Shamar Stewart made some plays today.
Speaker 2: He did, Yes, that the one play that he blew up at the line of scrimmage was impressive. And what a physical specimen he really is. And you just hope that he can continue to blossom. He was never hurt at Texas A and M, but when they come to Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: They get hurt.
Speaker 5: So, you know, Chick, there's a lot of physical specimens in the locker room.
Speaker 3: Yes, there are.
Speaker 4: Give me some guys to play football. And if their physical specimens too, that's even better.
Speaker 2: Hey, that is a great point, Jim. You're right. They're all physical, they're all great athletes, but can they play? And that's uh, that's what we want to see out of Shamar Stewart.
Speaker 5: No doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Hey we've got do we have Tim and Columbus? Hi? Tim? Yes?
Speaker 8: Hi, guys? How you doing so?
Speaker 13: I think one thing the Bengals need to do when they when they approach the draft is they need to they need to go after guys that have pelts on the wall, so to speak.
Speaker 8: They can't draft guys continue to draft guys at.
Speaker 13: Shamar Stewart where they say, hey, he's got all the intangibles, he's got a high ceiling. He's a two to three year project, but we think we could work with him. No, they need to go out and get guys like Peter Woods from Clumps and the defense tackle guys that have pelts on the wall, that have production in college.
Speaker 8: That's what they need to get.
Speaker 13: They can't they can't be reaching for guys in the first round, and they need to go out, like you said, chick, go out and get a couple of free agents on defense, like the like the Browns have done. They've gone out in free agency and compliment you know, and supplemented their defense with with uh, you know, with veteran players and the sprinkling some young guys. And I just think they need to change that draft strategy where they can't be reaching for guys. I mean, I think that's that's that's killing them. And you know, and like as far as you know saying well that you know these young guys are busting their tails out there, Well, my fifteen year old daughter will go out there and bust their tail. But they have to be able to produce.
Speaker 8: They have to be able to tackle.
Speaker 13: They can't get burnt.
Speaker 8: They can't. There's a lot of things that these guys are doing that it's just not a to me.
Speaker 3: It's just not a good omen for us to come.
Speaker 13: Hopefully they turned the corner, but I'm tired of talking about hopefully we're in a championship window here with Joe burrowtie is Jamar Chase is powerful offense, and we're spinning our wheels and defense and we can't do it. And that's my biggest concern is where this window is. Clo will closed, and it is closing, and hopefully they change their strategy in the draft and get some guys in here that can produce them day one.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of hearing about projects.
Speaker 2: They need production at all three phases of the defense, the line, the liners, and the secondary.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and you can't never have enough corners. He makes it, You make a.
Speaker 4: Good point in that they've had, whether it be Miles Murphy or Shamar Stewart, they've kind of gone out on a limb on some of these guys with these tangils, and I think part of it goes back to.
Speaker 5: Carlos Dunlap. That length and that athletic athleticism.
Speaker 4: Second round, and from then on it was Michael Johnson and guys like him in terms of the way they looked and athleticism.
Speaker 5: Miles Murphy is a similar type.
Speaker 2: Build to that, and and in developing them when you tramp them. It's taken Miles Murphy three years.
Speaker 4: Well developing, but sometimes it doesn't click right away for some guys like Miles Murphy.
Speaker 5: We're just talking about he's playing really well.
Speaker 4: He's taken a few years in part of it, maybe, so they kind of forced to put him on the field this year and he's done.
Speaker 5: He's played really well.
Speaker 2: So what will happen Jim come draft time and Pat Bruning will probably uh be watching that night. The Beggels will draft a wide receiver in the first round. No, I'm only teasing.
Speaker 3: Uh, you want need to blend and marry with talent. You do that, That's that's the goal anyway.
Speaker 5: So ultimately you want to take the best player available.
Speaker 4: Yes, and if that also, as you say, Mary's up with the what your needs, that's even better.
Speaker 3: And we can look back at some of the mistakes that this club has. Every every team has every.
Speaker 4: Every team has this, but there are some that seem to be consistently better at finding talent, because again, we're the same. The same pool of play is out there for everyone, and they're all good players, but some teams seem to be better at consistently picking on certain sides of the ball.
Speaker 5: Cleveland his point with Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I necessarily agree with him on what Cleveland does, but Cleveland's defensive side.
Speaker 5: Of the ball is really good.
Speaker 4: They've picked some really good the offense and their offensive line was really good, but picking a quarterback that's been impossible.
Speaker 5: Wide receivers hasn't.
Speaker 4: Been great either, so you know it's and the Bengels have always struggled with offensive linemen for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Hey, we've reached the bottom of the hour break. Awesome to be with you today, Jim Breach and all the loyal listeners out there. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game sports Talk presented by RNEL Carriers on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 3: Good Road.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented.
Speaker 3: By RNL Carriers.
Speaker 2: We are live in Wings and Rings in Finnytown eighty three seventy seven winning road for another hour.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breech. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 2: We're continuing to break down the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins like a wrecking ball. Awesome to have Mike Mills here with us as our engineer and Sean McMahon back in our Kenwood studios. Jim, let's go over some scores right now in and around the National Football League and at Steelers in Detroit lead the Detroit.
Speaker 3: Lions twenty nine to twenty four.
Speaker 2: Lions have the ball after Chris Boswell, who never misses a field goal against the Bengals, he missed one and.
Speaker 4: He doesn't miss many against anybody, but he did bounce one off the upright and give gives the Lions up to go scoring.
Speaker 5: There. You got a fourth down coming up right now, Yes, drive.
Speaker 2: The Lions have the ball at their own thirty five yard line, fourth and two. Tonight's game pitch the Patriots against the Ravens in Baltimore, and these are finals now. The Jacksonville Jaguars are thirty four to twenty winners over the Broncos in Denver, which is no easy feat. The Buffalo Bills scratch out a twenty three to twenty victory over the Browns in Cleveland, and it was a day where Josh Allen didn't run for a touchdown and it didn't throw for one, which had then that very often.
Speaker 4: It really does have particularly a great day as far as statistically, But.
Speaker 3: That happens against the Browns. Their defense, yes, really good.
Speaker 2: But the Bills win twenty three to twenty, and the Los Angeles Chargers are thirty four to seventeen winners over the Dallas Cowboys in Arlington. Cowboys fall to six eight and one, the world's richest franchise value to thirteen billion dollars. Looks like they're going to be sitting home for the holidays at six eight and one, falling to the Los Angeles Chargers thirty four to seventeen at home, and the Tennessee Titans at home defeat the Kansas City Chiefs. Titans are now three and twelve. The Chiefs fall to six and nine Misery Loves Company and the New Orleans Saints at home defeat the New York Jets twenty nine to six. The Jets are three and twelve. The Saints improved to the same record that the Bengals have five and ten. The Vikings are sixteen to thirteen winners over the Giants in New Jersey, sixteen to thirteen Vikings win. The Carolina Panthers take care of business at home over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Panthers twenty three bucks twenty. Buccaneers are seven and eight. Panthers are eight and seven.
Speaker 5: I think they're in first place in their division.
Speaker 2: Now incredible. We'll check the standings here in a minute. And the Atlanta Falcons go into Phoenix and beat the Cardinals twenty six to nineteen. The Arizona Cardinals come to Cincinnati next weekend, and the Houston Texans, they were down in this game, but they come back and beat the Las Vegas Raiders twenty three to twenty one. And it all started this week in the NFL with the Seahawks. The Seattle Seahawks knocking off the Los Angeles Rams thirty eight to thirty seven, just incredible two point conversion to win that game and Sam Darnel playing his tailoff, and yesterday Eagles all over the Commanders in Washington twenty nine to eighteen in a final in overtime the Chicago Bears twenty two to sixteen over the Green Bay Packers. Packers now nine to five and one, Bears improved to eleven and four. And you're exactly right.
Speaker 3: The team that.
Speaker 2: Launched the career of Caleb Williams, the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Wow, and Williams has just been phenomenal.
Speaker 5: He has played really well. Yes, it was that six six comeback wins this year.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. Let's go out to the phones. Brian is in Centerville, Brian, are you there?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 15: Hey, thank you for let me call you and talk to you, and I'll be real dirty. The thing that I think the Bengals me is a bigger scouting staff. Now I think maybe somebody might have already suggested that I.
Speaker 3: Just got on that got home, but I was glad to be talking about that for twenty years.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But most of them have twenty to twenty four on their staff. And what I was looking up they directly said, often they're the teams that just have eight or fewer. And they were talking about the Bengals of having fewer and larger staff being more common like top teams like the forty.
Speaker 14: Nine ers and the Eagles. So it wouldn't it be better to put your money towards getting a bigger staff so that you have a wider net to bring players in and in that way, you save money because you have guys that are out there that want to play, that are good enough to play on an NFL level. And I can just think of just think of players like at Mount Union. You know they have they have really good talent out there. So I just wanted to throw that out at you, and yeah, is a good way.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, try to interrupt you. The years, the Bengals.
Speaker 4: Actually have found talent at the lower levels as well as anybody actually or free agent talent, and they have added to their their scouting department over the last few years. They just their philosophy is they don't feel like they need a huge number of people. I don't think that's a financial thing for them as much as they just don't. I think they feel like they're seeing the same players everybody else is seeing. They know where the guys are at Mount Union, and really, over the last few years, seems like they've it's been a lot of sec Big ten is where a lot of the players come from not everybody, but the majority come and you can kind of understand.
Speaker 5: The reasoning is so many players come into the.
Speaker 4: League out of the sec out of the Big ten, that they're already playing NFL quality players and if they're performing well there there's a good chance that's going to carry over.
Speaker 2: Yet, the other thing is they allowed the coaches to go out and scout, so add you know, add another twelve scouts is.
Speaker 5: Unique, probably unique to the Bengals.
Speaker 3: The you.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like I was talking to Mark Braden when he was doing the bank you know, he was our special teams coach and he was with the Cardinals. He was with the Cardinals and they were they gave him a The scouts did chose the players, the general management, the scouts. You didn't know who you had until they made that choice. You didn't know the guys at all. You'd never talked to the guys. You never interviewed the guy. Well, and now they probably interviewed him somewhat, but you really don't know who you were getting. At least now the Bengals do have an idea. Coaches have probably talked to these guys. They probably have watched a lot of tape. They know who the guys they want are. Unfortunately, they haven't been doing a great job of developing those players that they do choose. Right now now, hopefully maybe this defense is starting to take shape a little bit as the season is wearing down.
Speaker 2: You're right, Jim, They're getting players out of the big cop, big time conferences who've played in big games, and you just hope that translates to the National Football League. So but yay, appreciate the questions. Every fan wants us to have a crystal ball for the future. Hopefully today victory, Yeah, what does it mean? Hey, they win, They played hard, and hopefully this winning feeling. Hopefully that these final three weeks, if they could get these wins, can carry over to next year. There will be changes. You'll look around the locker room on the final day of the season and you're gonna say, some of us are not going to be here next year.
Speaker 5: That happens every year.
Speaker 2: Turnover, Yes, and Carl Pickens would go up to a locker and sniff the player's clothes that were in the lockers.
Speaker 3: As they were heading out the door. That was one of his weird habits. Crazy, Hey, it's time to take a break.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 3: He's Jim Breach. This is Chick lud Big.
Speaker 2: We're at Wings and Rings Infinnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road until eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteenth thirty. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings Infinitytown on Winton Road, and we just watched the end.
Speaker 3: Of the Steelers Lions game.
Speaker 2: It looked like the Lions had scored a touchdown, but offensive pass interference is called and the Pittsburgh Steelers survive their trip to Ford Field, and the Steelers win twenty nine to twenty four, incredible and improved to nine and six on the season in first place in the AFC North, and the Lions dropped to eight and seven.
Speaker 4: So the Lions have some of the issues that the Bengals have. You know their defense, well, theirs has been because of injuries defensively, They've lost so many guys defensively, but yeah, you don't. If you cast out people, becomes difficult, even if you're scoring points.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go out to the phones and welcome to our friend John and Cedarville.
Speaker 8: Hi John, they ship and Jim yes, hey, uh yes, Virginia, there is a Christmas Yes, it's good. It's good to see the Bengals get back on the winning, the winning track. And uh, typically this is the kind of wins I expected to see from this team coming out of training camp.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 8: I know it's maybe a little too late, but uh, I always did think all all all season long that this offense, especially this offense, was just about unstoppable. And uh we've seen signs of that offense today that I mean, it wasn't surprising to me that they could score three touchdowns on a quarter. They just got they just boy, you just know they just got it. I mean you look at the receivers and deepens.
Speaker 2: Well, the turnovers helped. Yeah, the turnovers helped John in the short fields. And the Bengals get four turnovers in the third quarter, two interceptions, a fumble, and then they stop the Dolphins on fourth and one. So and then Joe Burrow got back in the saddle today. It was a phenomenal to watch and Chase Brown. The Bengals scored twenty one points in the third quarter and Chase Brown was in the end zone on each one of them. And they asked him, when was the last time you scored three touchdowns in a quarter? And he said he scored three in a game for Illinois, but he thought little league. If it was uh yeah, if it was one quarter.
Speaker 5: Do you know who the last one was? No, Joe Mixon. Really Fantasy twenty two.
Speaker 4: I had to be the Carolina game where he had five touchdowns. Okay, I bet it hasn't happened very many times in NFL history even.
Speaker 2: But really, John, it was a great day really for all three phases to be a magnificent the most complete game of the year.
Speaker 3: It's that simple.
Speaker 8: Pats off the defensive coordinator alt goal. I mean, the defense is really coming on.
Speaker 5: And uh it was.
Speaker 8: I like to see more clean up on the as far as the corners go. And if I noticed last week, if they're going blitz and blitz a little bit more, make be sure that they're blitzing, they're covering for the blitzer. I know, Uh, I didn't see that as much as I would have liked to from this team, as far.
Speaker 2: As the blitzer against the Buffalo Bills, when yeah, Josh Allen, Josh Allen took off for a forty yard run.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because if you're if you're in his then you got two guys standing there and one of your one of your defensive mates or your defensive mate is is blitzing. You kind of gotta gotta cheat one way or the other just to help him out and covery spot because he's given up his responsibility as far as that goes in in what's called just so he can blitz and get to the quarterback. But John, John, go ahead, go ahead, give I'm listening.
Speaker 2: John, Hey Job, we're gonna break away here. Thank you for the call. We'll continue to break this down. Uh, the defense is playing better, Jim breezs they are. They are this young defense, and you're right, they are fighting for their their jobs. You're not playing for the Bengals, You're playing for thirty one other clubs. Everything is on tape.
Speaker 5: That you do. And the last they are.
Speaker 4: Like today, I mean they Miami runs the ball really well correct and they except for the one run, they really shut them down. In the run game, they averaged I think you said three yards of rush that one run. Yes, and guys up front were maintaining they were they were where they were supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Do your job right. It's always about doing your job.
Speaker 4: But they're doing their job much better, so they're having fewer of these gash plays. Early in the year, they would be playing okay, and all of a sudden there's a big gash play. But happened several times in games. It seems to be happening less. So they're improving in all phases. Just you know, you hope that there's a carryover factor next year.
Speaker 2: You take away the forty eight yard run by Devon eight eight chan and the Miami Dolphins rushed twenty seven times for eighty one yards, exactly three point zero yards per carry.
Speaker 4: You know they used to say that about Barry Sanders too. He'd lead the league every year in minus yards. Yes, and he'd rush for seventeen eighteen hundred yards.
Speaker 3: Yes. Oh, I could still see when I closed my eyes.
Speaker 2: Michael Bankston has him at the fifty yard line with his arms wrapped around his legs, and he springs loose and sprints to the right pylon for.
Speaker 3: A fifty yard touchdown. Barry Sanders, was he ran.
Speaker 4: One against this ran a toss, He starts left, he comes back to the right.
Speaker 5: We have two guys that have a beat up. They're gonna drilling.
Speaker 4: He goes our sideline and he stops our two guys go flying into our bench and he runs around the other way for about thirty year game.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I had I don't play fantasy football anymore, but I had Bo Jackson when he ran for about one hundred and twenty yards on one play. He went left for twenty yards, turns right and Rod Jones pulls him down at the one yard line.
Speaker 4: So he was probably exhausted. Yes, Rod Jones was a four hundred meter champion in college. But I know Eric Thomas was chasing him when he didn't run one hundred and twenty yards.
Speaker 5: When he was running and Eric et is.
Speaker 4: A legit was a legit four low four threes, and Bo ran away from him.
Speaker 1: This is the tri Stage Chevy Dealer's Post Game Sports Talk Live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier. Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon five one three five one three, TOPH Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others Promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post games Sports Talk.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wings and Rings in Finnytown eighty three seventy seven Winton Road, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. This is Chick Ludwig on alongside Bengals legendary kicker Jim Breach, the leading scorer in franchise history, and we're celebrating the Bengals forty five to twenty one victory over the Miami Dolphins, and we're breaking it down like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is our awesome on site engineer and back in our Kenwood studios. Danny Gleeson has taken the baton from Sean McMahon is today's.
Speaker 3: Producer, Wings Rings, Burgers.
Speaker 2: Sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all. We're in the final half hour of our show tonight. There's still time to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred, the Big One and Jim Let's review. Today's Postman Law Injury Report brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers well.
Speaker 3: DJ Turner was ill today with the flu. He hung in there for the most part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, for a while.
Speaker 3: But and he did get a.
Speaker 2: Forced fumble that the Dolphins did recover that one Cam Grandy tight end for the Bengals. He left with a classical injury. But other than that, the Bengals survived pretty well on the injury refund on the injury front.
Speaker 5: That's always good, it is. And that's today's.
Speaker 2: Postman Law Injury Report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four. Postman Others promise Postman delivers great crowd here at the Finnytown Wings and Rings Man, It's an awesome crowd today full of Bengals fans.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to the phones. John is in Florida. John, what's going on?
Speaker 17: I'm not sure how any of us are celebrating this win. Okay, it makes no sense to risk half a billion dollars of assets that we have in Burrow, t Higgins, and Jamar and then we win a game which gives us a worse draft pick. And the only person I think that likes the idea of us having a worst draft pick is Mike Brown because it's gonna save him millions of dollars if we don't get the number one. None of us should be happy about this win. Why are any of these guys playing?
Speaker 8: This makes no sense.
Speaker 17: We get like ten guys on defense that I've never even heard their name over the past two weeks, and all of a sudden, these guys are making plays. Why are we happy about this? I am not happy about this, as I'm guessing you can clearly see.
Speaker 3: And I'm not happy about this season. Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy that Joe Burrow got injured. I'm not happy with five and ten, and this club should not be happy with it.
Speaker 3: At all. So this serves.
Speaker 2: Hopefully as a springboard for next season, and if they can beat the Arizona Cardinals and they can beat the Cleveland Browns. These are professionals. They're not gonna lay down, they're not gonna sit out. They're professionals making life changing money. The fans deserve to see.
Speaker 3: The best, and that's what they put out there on the field today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to go out and give your best effort, and you should put the best players on the field unless you have mitigating circumstances, whatever that may be.
Speaker 3: In being on the case, I could see guiding out. I could see sitting out.
Speaker 2: If you've got the lead, you got one game to play, you're already in the playoffs. Yeah you can rest your quarterback then, but not today. But I understand where you're coming from. I'm really glad you brought it up. But these are professionals, they're healthy, they're Joe Burrow should play if he's healthy, because as a fan paid big time money, you want to see the best players play.
Speaker 3: This isn't plan be free agency. This is not.
Speaker 2: A strike year where strike players are playing. These are professionals.
Speaker 5: Game paid very well. Like you said, life changing money.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad he brought up the subject.
Speaker 5: I really am so and I can understand where people come from, but.
Speaker 4: It's it would be embarrassing to put a team out of all backups. You know, you play basically like playing a preseason game and against starters, and the clubs that fair to the players on the field either And.
Speaker 3: I appreciate John and Florida calling.
Speaker 2: This is a time of the season with two games remaining and three going into today, where you've got to find out about your roster for next year. Who can play and who can't. They got to figure out who's helping.
Speaker 3: Them win and keep them, who's helping them lose and get rid of them.
Speaker 4: That's very true, and particularly with the defense playing better as the season's gone on in these last few weeks, finding out who's contributing to that, and then they have to make decisions. And you have free agency, then you have the draft. You have a lot of stuff going on, and you want to find out who can play for you, right And that's just like you said, so you gotta play, can't find out if they're not playing, And.
Speaker 3: We appreciate the call from John and Florida.
Speaker 2: Let's check Jim Breach on Cincinnati's defensive secondary. Coverage Today brought to you by cover since heat dot com local health insurance experts for over twenty years. This might be the best game of the season that the defensive secondary played.
Speaker 5: They did play well, they really did.
Speaker 4: You know what I like is they're closing on balls that are caught, or they're close on balls that are caught than the year. Guys are just catching balls with three, four and five yard separation, and.
Speaker 5: Then they come up try and make a tackle.
Speaker 4: Now they're they're close to making the play on the ball and then making the tackle.
Speaker 5: Now they do have to improve tackling.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no doubt about that. Josh fig Newton made a great play on the ball. It got tipped up and Barry Carter intercepts the ball. And Jalen Davis made a phenomenal interception on the sideline on a pass from Quinn Ewers toward Jalen Waddle.
Speaker 3: So the secondary played better.
Speaker 4: Let's put on the highlight tape the way he played that. You get you can't push him into the sideline like the wide receiver. Wald had no chance at that ball.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned Dax Hill, you know, blowing up a play and Jaylen Davis comes up and he'd be blew up a play for a loss.
Speaker 4: So Battle has been making some plays these last seven weeks, and they've they've created so many more turnovers in the last four or five weeks. They're in the top five or six in the league and creating turnovers in the last five or six games.
Speaker 2: You know, we always talk about a fast start. Well, the Pengals got a fast start this year going to and zero, beating Cleveland and Jacksonville. But unfortunately Joe Burrow gets hurt. And it's been a weird year because the AFC North, a black and Blue division, is down big time, and naturally Pittsburgh's on top right now and Baltimore's fighting for it's playoff lives and we're gonna see that a little bit later on against the New England Patriots. So this could be the year, Jim Breach where the Buffalo Bills. Could this be the year they get into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Wow, from what I've seen from them in the last few weeks, I don't know if that's possible.
Speaker 5: But I think the NFC is really good, better than the AFC, quite a bit better than the AFC.
Speaker 2: Yes with wow, with the Los Angeles ranks the team, I mean, there's a bunch of them over there, that's right, Seattle. The way they're playing to San Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 4: That whole division ABSOLUTELYFC West is difficult except for Arizona.
Speaker 2: I got to give the Chicago Bears credit an zero to two start. Ben Johnson doing a great job in Caleb Caleb Williams man showing that he deserved to be the number one overall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is playing really well.
Speaker 2: And hey, that's the defensive secondary coverage report brought to you by Cover since he dot Cover, since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years. Now, it's going to be a very nice flight home. They should be home by now, of course from Miami.
Speaker 5: Maybefully, yes, and that'd be pretty quick, you know, it would be probably five Yeah, maybe they have a chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be.
Speaker 4: And I remember playing in Cleveland one year. I walked in the house at like seven point thirty. Oh, it was pretty cool. Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: But now they turn their attention to the Arizona Cardinals, who lose today to the Atlanta Falcons. Falcons are six and nine. The Arizona Cardinals fall to three and twelve. The Cardinals come in here next next weekend. And right now, Jacoby Brissette has taken over the quarterback range from.
Speaker 3: An injured Kyler Murray.
Speaker 5: He's played well. He's been playing well these last several weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, And Jacoby Brissette is one of those journeyman quarterbacks who have defeated the Bengals, I believe at least a couple times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's very possible. But he's probably defeated a bunch of teams. He's probably played and he's played for a bunch of teams.
Speaker 2: Veteran savvy quarterback who's seen that, who's been there, done that.
Speaker 5: And their defenses is they play well defensively.
Speaker 2: Yes, So that's what the Bengals are looking at. And then trying to close out the season against the Cleveland Browns at home.
Speaker 3: So when we originally looked at the scheduled.
Speaker 2: Jym Breach and you see the end of the year, you know at Miami home with Arizona and Cleveland, we were definitely thinking playoffs.
Speaker 3: But everything imploded it? Did it?
Speaker 4: Did you know that game against Cleveland, Miles game, it might be going to the He's a half, He's a half sack from the all time record.
Speaker 2: So what a what an unbelievable player. And I saw an interview with Joe Thomas, the great Hall of Fame left tackle for the Browns, and he even said, I don't think I could block him one on one, and there might not be a left tackle out there that can block Miles Garrett one on one.
Speaker 3: He's that good.
Speaker 5: He is that good, He's he is amazing. And you know, it's funny.
Speaker 4: He came out of college with not a lot of sacks, great ability, but not a lot of sacks, kind of.
Speaker 5: Like Shamar Stewart.
Speaker 4: Well more sacks and Stewart had but similar in that they didn't think his production matched his abilities, and he certainly turned it up.
Speaker 2: And Jim, while we have a few minutes here left, uh we what we've witnessed the games in the college football playoff, Yes, Tulane and James Madison University really didn't offer much resistance.
Speaker 5: James Madison maybe a little run in the second.
Speaker 3: Half, yeah against Oregon.
Speaker 2: Yes, But now that the dust has settled after those first round games, we're in the college football Playoffs. The quarterfinals are being have been determined, and it all starts on New Year's.
Speaker 5: Eve night.
Speaker 3: In the Cotton Bowl.
Speaker 2: The Chickster graduated with Archie Griffin Winter Quarter nineteen seventy six from the Ohio State University and.
Speaker 4: The Buck two time Heisman Trophy win, two time high surprise you didn't throw that out?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, the only.
Speaker 2: Two time Heisman Trophy winner we graduated together at Saint John Arena Winter Quarter nineteen seventy six. The Buck guys face the Miami Hurricanes Cotton bowld December thirty, first evening, and there's already talking heads out there predicting a Miami upset over the Buckeyes. All I know is their defense is unbelievably aggressive and that scares me.
Speaker 3: With the Ohio State's big.
Speaker 2: Semi slow offensive line, but Miami's offense shakey buck eyes, run the football and when you pass it, get rid of the ball quickly.
Speaker 3: Jay Mister saying.
Speaker 5: There, they've got some pretty good receivers. I know how to say. I heard they do.
Speaker 3: They really do.
Speaker 5: They'll find way. Yeah, Jed, ball to those guys.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah Smith and Carnell want.
Speaker 5: To win for Miami to go into Texas A and m That atmosphere.
Speaker 3: Was crazy, absolutely at Milefield.
Speaker 5: And to come away with a wing miss it was huge.
Speaker 2: And then my favorite day of the year, New Year's Day, it's Wallda Wall football and it starts incredibly with the Orange Bowl being the early game.
Speaker 3: Usually that's the night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the Orange with Oregon and Texas Tech. Can't wait for that game. Then the Rose Bowl Indiana University against Alabama, and then the Sugar at night.
Speaker 4: Alabama had a nice win they did, and Oklahoma against Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: And the Sugar with Ole Miss against Georgia. As a Buckeye fan, Miami scares me more than Georgia, and that's who the Buckeyes will play Georgia if they could get past Miami.
Speaker 5: Where Georgia looked pretty good in the SEC championship game.
Speaker 3: They did, they absolutely did in one minute. Give us the winners.
Speaker 2: Oh miss Georgia, Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, I go, oh it's you, thank you?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Orange Bowl, Oregon, Texas Tech.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Tech.
Speaker 3: In honor of the great Joe Walter.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yes, yeah, Joe is recruited to play basketball.
Speaker 2: Also all right, and the Rose Bowl, the granddaddy of them all, in Pasadena, California, Indiana against Alabama.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with Indiana.
Speaker 3: I am too.
Speaker 2: Well on behalf of my partner, the great Vegidary Bengals kicker Jim Breach and today's engineer Mike Mills, and our folks back in our Kenwood studios, Sean McMahon and Danny Gleason.
Speaker 3: This is the Chickster Chickwigs saying
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL carriers at Wings and Rings on Wind Road in Finneytown on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen point thirty