Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 1: They printing money. The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now you're inside man with the La Dodgers.
Speaker 1: It's David Basset.
Speaker 6: We are live at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are back in the Bronx for the first time since Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series. The Dodgers embark on this nine game East Coast road trip, beginning tonight against the Yankees. Welcome inside Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You're back to back World champion Dodgers in twenty twenty six have the best record in baseball sixty one one and thirty six, their first place in the NLS by an eleven and a half game lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Tonight, the Dodgers begin this three game series with Roki Sasaki.
Speaker 6: On the mound. First pitch coming up at four oh five.
Speaker 5: Over the next sixty minutes, as we get you set for first pitch on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we'll hear from Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor about the plan for show Hal Tany the pitcher the second half of the season. Rick and Steven will get you the pitching matchup. I'll go one on one inside the office of the manager Dave Roberts, and also had a chance to catch up with Mookie Betts. So we have a lot to get to between now and four oh five. We have your Dodgers Magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from sports net LA. It's the only sports Net LA game of this three game series. Tomorrow Fox Sports will have the game and on Sunday it will be Sunday Night Baseball. But you know where you can always depend on Dodger Baseball, right here on your back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: We'll check in with.
Speaker 5: My guy, Steven Nelson and Rick Monday in a moment from our gaping four broadcast booth in the Bronx. But just to remind you what took place going into the break. The Dodgers seemed like they started the break after that Thursday day off, and they got swept for the first time this season by the Arizona Diamondbacks. Uncharacteristically, the Dodgers made nine errors in their last five games before the All Star Break. Their defense has been elite all season. They had only made twenty four airs going into the last five games of the first half. Really, the only highlight of that last Sunday at Dodgers Stadium was you know who show Heyo.
Speaker 7: Tani offtaned hitter waits he swings hits a drive tape center failed way back.
Speaker 2: It cause it has gone another one. The show starts right away on the first pitch, his thirty third career leadoff home run ninth this year. Won nothing Dodgers more instant offense from the Show.
Speaker 4: That Never ends.
Speaker 6: Remarkable that show.
Speaker 5: He Otani could homer and double Knowing that he was going to have his left knee drained earlier today, Dave Roberts said that O'tani did not have his knee drained. He just got a lubricant injection in that left knee and good news, O'tani is leading off tonight as the Dodgers DH and is expected to do that all three games here.
Speaker 6: In the Bronx.
Speaker 5: So we'll turn the page like the Dodgers are to the second half of the season as they begin play with this three game series against the Yankees. Roki Sasaki on the mound, first pitch at four five, with more, we turn it over to Rick Monday and Steven Nelson right here in our galloping Ford Broadcast booth in the Bronx.
Speaker 6: Guys, thank you DV.
Speaker 8: As you can tell from five feet behind us, it is a beautiful Friday evening that we have on tap. Though there is rain in the forecast on Saturday, but that's in the future. Rick Monday, the president, right now, the first thing?
Speaker 4: Can they tell from five feet behind you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 8: No, Well DV can look because he's right here, he's right next to us in the booth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. They have to squimt it mo. How the heck are you? After that, all start doing very well and hopefully the doctors have been able to get a little bit of a respite and come out I think running full speed because of losing three straight coming into the end of the break, not what they wanted to do lost five of seven coming to the break. That's not what they wanted to do, and they open up into Big Apple. So yeah, it's it's one of those things. Yeah, little strains flying in last night because of all the smoke from the Canadian fires that they've got. Fortunately that's cleared up a great deal today. But as you're mentioning, the weather man has at least not been then that thoughtful as far as predictions for tomorrow. But that's tomorrow. Win a ball game tonight.
Speaker 8: The Dodgers, despite that brutal final week where they were just sloppy, it looked like a team that was ready for the All Star break and the way that they played baseball. Despite that doomo, there's still eleven and a half clear in the division, the best record of Major League Baseball. And here we are back in the Bronx for the first time since Game five of the twenty twenty four World Series. You, myself down McDonald were back in the same spots we were as we watched the Dodgers win the first of two championships in a row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a little it was a little well festival. Yeah, you might say that when we left, but we did not leave the stadium until about three o'clock in the morning to get to the get to the airport, and what a flight that was going back to la with the World championship. So that was then, this is now. The Yankees are very aware of it. I can make one prediction right now, Okay, as the pitchers will be Rookie Susaki going for the Dodgers, it's going to be Garrett Cole on the mound for the New York Yankees. I guarantee you that Garrett Cole will cover first base on anything that's in to his first baseman that they did not do in that disastrous fifth inning of the deciding game of the World Series in twenty four. Well, that is an excellent prediction.
Speaker 8: The Yankees' staff, in fact, just finished doing PFTs and I wonder if they told Garrett, Garret, we don't even care if you pick up the ball, just run for the mount.
Speaker 1: Of first base.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I imagine he's already been talked to. He's in the locker room. But this is a good matchup and no question about it. I mean, the Yankees have tried to make some Hey, they're three games out in the American League, Eastern Division for first place. Tampa's holding onto it very well to this particular point, Boston trying to play much better. They're ten games out, but Boss has won nine of their last ten games. And if you look at the Nation League West, yes, the Dodgers eleven and a half in front of Arizona, twelve and a half in front of San Diego. But we'll see how they're going to answer the bill post break, because it looked like they had an early break. They did not hit well, they did not field well, and quite frankly, they didn't pitch well either.
Speaker 8: Let's see if they have indeed flushed that away and are ready for the stretch run into the postseason.
Speaker 1: Dvs. We get it back to you.
Speaker 8: There are games in series that just feel bigger over the course of one sixty two. Dodgers and Yankees certainly qualifies as.
Speaker 5: That, no doubt, a lot of history between these two teams, and usually Rick Monday lights me at least seven feet from him.
Speaker 6: So five will have to do.
Speaker 5: Right now, Dodger fans, as we count down to first pitch, Dot, we get your game day meal at Shaky's Pizza Parterer Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's now at Shakey's dot Com. When we continue live from Yankee Stadium, Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we will go high and tight with the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: You'll hear from Mooki Betts. But next we'll get.
Speaker 5: You your Otani rewind. We'll rewind to the first half of the season. First pitch from the Bronx is coming up at four oh five, Rochi Sasaki against Garrett Cole. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are live at Yankee Stadium in the Bronx as the Dodgers and Yankees are getting said for a three game series with Garrett Cole facing the Dodgers at Yankee Stadium for the first time since Game five. Roki Sasaki will be on the mound for the Dodgers. First pitch is coming up at four oh five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide.
Speaker 7: Right out of the stretch from the belt delivers a two to one swining out of a hammer to a right field and deep.
Speaker 6: That's Paul going back and off the wall.
Speaker 7: And writes Otani around first and he was chugging in the second.
Speaker 6: We'll a lead off stand up double.
Speaker 5: Shoe a O'tani was the highlight of that final Sunday before the All Star Break. As you know, Otani did not go to Philadelphia for the Midsummer Classic. Instead, he nursed his left knee and he did not have the left knee drained, but he did have a lubricant injection in that left knee. According to Dave Roberts, and Otani is scheduled to start Wednesday in Philadelphia. Otani at the All Star Break doing Otawni things again. Two ninety three batting average, twenty two home runs, fifty eight runs driven in and in ops of nine to fifty three.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Kirston brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of.
Speaker 6: Your old car.
Speaker 5: Donate today at Cars for Kids, Get it picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfourkids dot org. That's Cars with a K. All Right, Kirstan, We're back in the Big Apple Yankee Stadium for the first time. Since the Dodgers beat the Yankees in Game five of the twenty four World Series. What do you remember the most about the last time we were here?
Speaker 9: So many things I remember. It's funny.
Speaker 10: I feel like I remember the beginning of the game and playing from behind, and then I remember the insane moment when everything shifted, because we were actually sitting next to each other upstairs in the press box, and I just remember we were kind of like, all right, Okay, well it seems like we're going to force a game, We're going to go to a game six, that I'll be back in Los Angeles. We were kind of thinking ahead to that, and then all of a sudden, everything shifted.
Speaker 9: It was just like what.
Speaker 10: Garrett holes on the mound, and I don't remember the specifics, but no one was at first to cover the base, and or Garrett wasn't at first to cover the base. Luka gets on and then everything just kind of for the Yankees downfalled, but for the Dodgers picks back up, and the next thing I knew, the team was on the field celebrating, hoisting up the trophy and we were on a plane back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 9: So yeah, it's kind of crazy to think that that's the last time.
Speaker 5: We were here and that was your first World Championship champagne celebration.
Speaker 6: That was a fun one.
Speaker 9: That was a fun one.
Speaker 10: It was insane like it was one of those things where you couldn't have asked.
Speaker 9: For a better script in regard to it was the Dodgers, it was the Yankees. It was two iconic franchises, two iconic.
Speaker 10: Cities, and you know, there was a lot of thought of going into that series. It was going to be an intense one and for the Dodgers to.
Speaker 9: Win in five, it was, Yeah, it was. It was incredible. To do it again last year it was even better.
Speaker 6: And you'll be a dug outside for the game tonight. Have you ever done it here?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 10: So the last it would have been that two years ago because we had played the series here, but I remember all three games were national but because the Dodgers and Yankees hadn't played so long in New York City, we actually had a split broadcast with Apple TV for the Friday night so two years ago here, So that was my first time over here at Yankee Stadium, being on the field.
Speaker 9: It is pretty incredible for someone who went to school up here.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll be cool down here. The air condition should be flowing. So thank you for the time, and enjoy the next two days.
Speaker 9: All right, I can't wait. It'll be a fun one.
Speaker 5: There she is, Kirsten Watson. Still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll get to the pitching matchup. You'll hear from Rick Monday and Charlie Steiner. Dave Roberts will be our high and tight guest as well as we take you to first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankees. I'm David Vasey, live at Yankee Stadium, and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 5: Law Morongo Casino Resortant SPA, a Grand Slam for good times. My good buddy, Rick Monday and the booth here live at Yankee Stadium. As we get set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankee.
Speaker 3: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 5: You're back to back World champion Dodgers Injury Report, presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying and joined us on Dodger Talk last night. He said he's feeling really good. He still has to make a rehab assignment or two. Dave Roberts said, Will Smith has shut down doing anything and it doesn't seem like he's going to be back anytime before the end of August. Key Hernandez and Blake Snell are in Tacoma.
Speaker 6: With Oklahoma City.
Speaker 5: Keyk is starting his rehab assignment and told us he will return when the Dodgers return from this nine game East Coast road trip, and Blake Snell will make his first rehab start tomorrow for Oklahoma City against Tacoma.
Speaker 6: All Right.
Speaker 5: We also had Mark Pryor on Dodger Talk last night, and I picked his brain on how the Dodgers plan on managing Otani's pitching schedule the second half of the season.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm pretty much the same way we've always managed to. You know, we we go kind of day by day or start to start, and obviously there's a week between those starts usually, and we're trying to listen to the show as much as possible, and I mean to be able to him to manage his workload between the hitting, you know, how much he's on the base pass you know, sometimes I think dictates that. You know, we all like it when it goes over the park early, over the fence, it's easier to kind of jog around the bases. But we just kind of go day by day, you know, and see where we're at. And so we'll just continue to kind of take that philosophy and then try to really understand where he's at. And if there's moments where it's not you know, perfect between the knee or whatever, he's just fatigued and tired from you know, playing the game.
Speaker 4: Then we have to adjust.
Speaker 11: And I think that you know, we've kind of calculated that into you know, how we built the staff and what we have to do. That's usually why we've kind of put them in certain days, you know, through the first half of the season on Wednesdays so hopefully capture those off days. So, I mean, there's all those things. We try to use those tools at our advantage, but at the end of the day, it's you know, really trying to get an understanding of where he's at day to day, and that's kind of how we've put it out these last year and a half as he's pitched, and I feel like that's probably just the way we're going to continue to go this second half, and then you know, things come up, we'll make decisions accordingly.
Speaker 5: Sounds like a really good game plan, obviously. And for those that think the Dodgers are taken off guard by any of this, they're not. They have a plan, and Mark Pryor just said right there, they built the staff for the variables that do come with the most unique player in all a Major League Baseball. To hear the full conversation with Dodgers pitching coach Mark Pryor, you can find it under Dodger Talk on the iHeartRadio app. And Otani will start Wednesday in Philadelphia because the Dodgers have a day off on Thursday.
Speaker 6: All right, When we.
Speaker 5: Continue live from Yankee Stadium in Morongo, Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you'll hear from Mookie Betts as we lead you up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankees from the.
Speaker 6: Bronx at four to oh five. I'm David Vasse.
Speaker 5: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying this.
Speaker 3: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are live at Yankee Stadium as the Dodgers open up the post All Star Break part of their schedule. Here in the Bronx a three game series against the Yankees. Rokie Sasaki against Garrett Cole coming up at four oh five. Dodger Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in La Made for your game day. El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces. El Pato Gourmet in a can. All right, Mooki Betts back at Yankee Stadium for the first time since Game five of the World Series. A lot of memorable moments here at Yankee Stadium with Mooki and the Dodgers in twenty four Fans trying to grab his glove and take the ball out, Garrett Cole and Anthony Rizzo not covering first base, Mookie running hard, and that's when the fifth inning comeback all started. Mookie Betts, also over the All Star Break, announced that he is launching his own baseball.
Speaker 6: Glove apparel line.
Speaker 5: Had a chance to catch up with the Dodgers shortstop earlier today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've been using it all year. Just want to just create something for the players and for the kids especially. I know these this glove breaks in so well. I love the shape of it. It's easy for kids to break in. I know sometimes with some other gloves it's it's hard for those kids to break in. They take like months to break in, but this is you take maybe a week if you're a kid, and you'll be able to use it, and it's like you can really customize it and show who you are as a person on your glove.
Speaker 5: The cost of equipment for kids to play baseball is pretty high these days, is are you is there a plan to try to get it into the hands of kids that really can't afford baseball equipment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we'll make sure, we we make sure, we'll make sure.
Speaker 8: We do that.
Speaker 12: I mean, obviously there's a business, right so, I mean we have to just figure out like your business model and and what not to kind of keep up because, like you said, it's so it's really just expensive to get into this business in general. So but definitely there's definitely things we're going to do to make sure that we get it to the to the kids that can't afford it, Just do our part.
Speaker 5: Speaking of your glove, your glove it was grabbed in the stands and right field. Do you what do you remember coming back here any of those memories from twenty four that in right field? You know, you beating out that ground ball that nobody covered first space? What do you remember about all that coming back here for the first time.
Speaker 12: I mean, I remember all of it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 12: That was that was a crazy That was a crazy game, crazy situation. Honestly, when I came in, I wasn't thinking I forgot about all that. I wasn't I wasn't even thinking about any of that, you know, and just here focused on today. Yeah, it's I'm glad you reminded me of it. You didn't say anything. I definitely wouldn't have thought about it.
Speaker 1: It's gont mad if you've been on a baseball.
Speaker 12: Field, Yeah, because baseball is kind of hard to get mad at someone else, particularly, I mean, I guess you could. I'm not that kind of guy. So yeah, it's probably the mass I've ever been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where is that glove that you used in the twenty.
Speaker 4: Four No idea, I have no idea.
Speaker 12: I don't even when I've done what I'm done with the gloves at the end of the year, you just give them away, Just give them to a kid or something that I see. And so I have no clue where they love this.
Speaker 4: Don't try to grab it off your hand.
Speaker 12: I try exactly, I try and give it. I give it to them and they take it nicely.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Mookie, are you serious. I'm the one that reminded you about all that. Man, that's Mookie, though not surprised. Dodger Baseball is brought to you by a Ford summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Ford, the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Blake Trinan, who played such a pivotal part in that Game five to help the Dodgers win the World Series, joined us on Dodger Talk and was very confident this Dodger team would not let down with an eleven and a half game lead at the All Star break.
Speaker 13: So when you talk about like winning, it's it's not taking anything off. Every bat matters, every pitch matters, every ball that you run out matters, every ground ball you feel throws with a purpose and that's what this team does extremely well without any laps.
Speaker 4: We're talking about like winning culture.
Speaker 13: It's just from top to bottom is there, like this desire to win above all else. And this team is bought in because they were tired of having the heartbreak of going home early.
Speaker 5: Hey, Blake, Tryna knows all about that. And that's the one thing people forget. The Dodgers are not just experienced, they know how to win. And it's proof by winning back to back World Series championships. So I don't see a letdown coming in the second half of the season.
Speaker 6: When we continue live.
Speaker 5: From Yankee Stadium, we'll get to your Dodgers magical moment, the Dodgers and Yankees first pitch coming up at four h five in the Bronx. I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are live at Yankee Stadium getting set for Game one of this three game weekend series between the Dodgers and Yankees. Man so much history between these two franchises. They are the crown jewel of Major League Baseball. We got Roki Sasaki for the Dodgers tonight. We got Garrett Cole for the Yankees tonight. First pitch coming up at four h five, Hog, who wants the hot.
Speaker 1: It's time for the hawfe Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, we could have had maybe something from the fifty five World Series, the eighty one World Series, but I'm lucky enough to bring you something that took place last May.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last May. That's the one they gave me.
Speaker 5: Today, the Dodgers erupted offensively, and Dalton Rushing did something he had ever done in his major league career before.
Speaker 15: Here's Dalton rushing first pitch, liftoff right field, way back. There, an exclamation point and a three run shot for dump Rushing. That's the first major league home run for the rookie backstop, and the Dodgers are now up eighteen to two.
Speaker 6: That would be the final score.
Speaker 5: The eighteen runs the Dodgers scored against the Yankees last May thirty first was the most a National League team had ever scored against the Yankees, regular season or postseason. Last year, Rushing hit four home runs this year rushing ten home runs in thirty RBIs this Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hafy hot Dogs, Hafy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. When we continue live from Yankee Stadium, we'll check in with Rick Monday and the birthday.
Speaker 6: Boy, Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 5: I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your Home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 5: The fans are filing in at Yankee Stadium, getting set for first pitch at four oh five Pacific time.
Speaker 6: Garrett Cole out there warming up.
Speaker 5: Brokei Sasaki also warming up, so we should have a fun night here in the Bronx. It's time for the Verizon startup. We're now only thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today. Rick Monday is here in the New York. Charlie Steiner back in La. Let's check in with Rick and the birthday boy.
Speaker 14: Our game ninety eight or two hundred and fifty one days until opening day of twenty twenty seven, thank you very much. First game of a nine game road trip. It's the Yankees and the Dodgers. Dodgers, of course, the best record in baseball is sixty one and thirty six, eleven and a half in front of Arizona, twelve and a half in front of San Diego. But they've lost three straight in four of seven, and they kind of limped to the finish line of the halfway point of the season. The Yankees at fifty four and forty two second place in the American League East. They're three games behind Tampa. Interesting note mo again, run differential. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes not. The Dodgers lead the majors by one hundred and forty nine and run differential. The Yankees have the highest run differential in the American.
Speaker 4: League at ninety one.
Speaker 14: So here are the Dodgers thirty and seventeen on the road and the Yankees only twenty three and twenty at home. And the smoke has cleared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the smoke is clear. For those that have not been paying attention to the Canadian fires and yesterday when the ball club arrived in the early evening. I mean it was difficult to see even two blocks down Madison Avenue for that matter. Well, the wind is kind of taken care of that. We actually see blue skies and enjoy them because the weatherman says there could be clouds and the thing that they call rain here tomorrow and hopefully it's not going to affect it. But the Dodgers have to go ahead and play much better, Charlie than what we saw them play the final three games of the official first half of the season, where they did not hit well, they didn't play well, and they didn't pitch well.
Speaker 1: And that's what happened.
Speaker 14: So the Dodgers have the best record in baseball. We established that and had a host of the year and they've done that despite Blake Snell making a grand total of one start so far. Glass now has not pitched since early May. Diaz hasn't recorded as say, since April. Mookie Betts hitting her career low two thirty five, Kyle Tucker two forty four, Will Smith remains on the injured list. Now, with that, the Dodgers by far still have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, They're doing it because of the talent on this team. There's no if ens and buns about it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Tommy Edmund also just played twenty two games. He's in there tonight and being at second base. But this is a buk club who we start to look at it. The Dodgers, they know how to win, they put things together. They just kind of malfunction the final three games. So they're doing it without some of the big names that you would think, Hey, a very big support staff. That staff's getting better and better, closer and closer. In fact, Blake Snell is reportedly going to be making his first rehamp start tonight in Oklahoma City and Triple A, so we'll keep an eye on that progressing. Does he have one more start after that before joining the club? Wait and see.
Speaker 14: So the guys who have not played or not played well, it's allowed somebody like Dalton Rushing to emerge to fifty four to ten home runs, thirty rv Eyes Robleski is a genuine All Star and as you mentioned, Tommy Headbubs played only twenty two games, yet he's hitting three forty three and he's a very valuable edition.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is because he can play multiple positions. You know another guy that's on the periphery of coming back, we don't know how soon. That's Kick Hernandez. Now when he gets ready again, you're going to be adding depth to this ball club. So yes, it's all well and good to say, hey, we've got some guys that are injured that's going to be coming back well in the interim. This ball club, as you mentioned, eleven and a half game lead at least right now in the nash League Western Division. I also want to take one moment and and put you on the on the seat a little bit too. You're not with the ball club here in New York with us, but I want to wish you a very happy birthday, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 14: I wish I was there and I will see you when the Dodgers were turned back home. So tonight is going to be Sasaki three and five a five and a third er last five starts at the era of eight, Garrett Cole three and four four oh four er, first twelve to two thirds innings coming back from Tommy John scoreless last seven starts two and four and a five forty five ERA, and both pitchers are prone to the long ball lineups at first pitch coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get to that a little bit later in the show. Happy Birthday, Charlie Steiner. Dodger Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 6: Visit uniclode dot com.
Speaker 5: Slash us still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. As we roll on live from Yankee Stadium, we'll get you a preview of tonight's pitching matchup Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson.
Speaker 6: We'll have the keys to the game.
Speaker 5: But up next, we go high and Tight with the manager, Dave Roberts, presented by Downy Hyundai, Dodgers and Yankees. First pitch at four oh five. I'm David Basse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We're live at Yankee Stadium getting set for first pitch at four oh five with Roki Sasaki on the mound, Garrett Cole on the mound for the Bronx Bombers. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast.
Speaker 6: When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: Now what will likely be veasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: We're back.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are back, and the manager's Meeting presented by Downy Hundai is back as well as the Dodgers get set for the three game series at Yankee Stadium. And I'm here with the man that has so many good memories being back at this new Yankee Stadium, and that's the one and only Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Dave, thanks a lot for the.
Speaker 16: Time, oh Dave Man. I feel refreshed, recharged, and we certainly do have a lot of great members here at this new Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 5: Some of your players told me not to get too nostalgic, but it's hard not to the last time we were here, I remember before Game five talking to you outside of the doors of the clubhouse, and who could forget your trust and Blake trining your trust in Walker Buehler. Do some of those memories start to flood back?
Speaker 16: They do? They do? And yeah, you just look back and kind of here and the stanks stakes certainly aren't as high, and kind of going back to what Blake Tryning did, what Walker Buehller did, the mindset of closing these guys out in Game five, the world series and how Game five started, so many great memories and it's hard not to be nostalgic.
Speaker 5: One of the images that go through my mind is when you're going out to the mound to get the temperature black trying and Freddie Freeman waving you off, and you just wanted to gauge where everybody was. What stood out to you about leaving trining in.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so I went out there and I just wanted to get his pulse, told him he had one more hitter, wanted to slow the game down, look into his eyes, put my hands on him, and then gets the hit her out. And then at that point in time, I was going to go get him. And then that's when Freddie was kind of like waving me off, shoeing me off. And I'm happy I listened to him, because you know, I said he was going to get one hitter. I didn't want to bait and switch Blake, but at that point in time, he didn't look at me because if he was going to look at me after he got that hitter, I was going to get him. But and I've talked to him and laugh with Blake after the fact, said I wasn't going to make eye contact with you once I got that guy out because I wanted the next guy and he ended up getting stanned.
Speaker 5: I've never asked you this before, but Daniel Hudson we all know now got hurt warming up in the bullpen that night in Game five. If he doesn't get hurt, does anything change.
Speaker 16: You know what? No, Because to be quite honest, I didn't even know he was hurt. And so it's funny is that as it played out, I stuck with Blake, didn't know Huddy was hurt. Walker was going to have that inning, and then my hope was that Huddy would be the guy if we didn't win it there, But if it would have prolonged the game, I don't know what we would have done.
Speaker 5: To be quite honest, Hey, you bet on your players like you talk about, and they delivered for you.
Speaker 6: That was a special time.
Speaker 16: No, they did, And I think you know, we all make mistakes and learn from things. And so the one thing that I do know is that you know, you've got to trust your players, bet on your players, certainly in those biggest spots.
Speaker 5: Manager Dave Roberts, three times World Series winning manager for the Dodgers, is our guest ahead a first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankees, presented by Downy Hunday.
Speaker 6: All right, let's.
Speaker 5: Starst forward to the here and now show heyl Tani's in your starting lineup. When do you anticipate him pitching again?
Speaker 16: Well, right now, he's slated for Wednesday. And so right now it's good that you know he can get here from the break, play catch, we can put eyes on him, see ice progressing. Expect him to be in the lineup all three games, and I should have a bullpen here over the weekend. And like I said, as we sit here right now, he's going to start on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Hey, it works out this first Wednesday. You got a day off on Thursday.
Speaker 16: No, that's right, that's exactly right. So you know for show, Hey, you know potentially it's the Wednesday, then you get the off day, so he'll be in a good spot.
Speaker 5: You were such a great ambassador again for Major League Baseball, not just the Dodgers during the All Star break in Philadelphia. You've been through this a few times now, What was it like this experience?
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 16: I think the game was probably forgettable in the sense that there wasn't a whole lot going on. I was happy with Robo him being able to go tou innings. As far as a Dodger fan, the home run derby was fantastic. But for me, as always, it was my fifth go at this with me and my staff. The conversations with the players was fantastic. Spending time with Don Mattingley was great. Ali Marmol was great, and so that's always kind of the best takeaway.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot for sharing all those memories with us. Great job, as always being an ambassador for Major League Baseball at the All Star Game, and we.
Speaker 6: Look forward to doing this again next week. We'll be back in New York.
Speaker 16: Look forward to it. Dave, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: There he is the man.
Speaker 5: Dave Roberts has been our guest. And don't forget heading into summer without a medical emergency kid is a risk. Be ready with an urgent care kit. Say forty five dollars at checkout with code Blue at urgentcarekit dot Com slash Blue. When we continue from Yankee Stadium, we'll get you the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Dive a little bit deeper into that.
Speaker 5: I'm David Vasse and this is the back to back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Brongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: We are live at Yankee Stadium leading you up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankees. Always special when you have these two franchises playing each other, whether it's in the Fall Classic or a game right out of the All Star Break, it's special. And it's time now for your pitching matchup. Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: We make it easy.
Speaker 5: Remember when Garrett Cole signed with the Yankees, the Dodgers were in pursuit of Cole.
Speaker 6: He opted to go with the Pinstripes.
Speaker 5: And can you believe now, thirty five year old Garrett Cole is in his thirteenth season out of UCLA. That's hard to believe. He missed all of last year and the first six weeks of this season coming back from Tommy John surgery. His record this year is three and four with an ERA of four to zero four. It was five hundred and sixty nine days in between starts for Garrett Cole. We're happy to see him back in healthy. He's making his tenth start of the year. The last time he pitched, he went six and a third, allowed three runs, had six strikeouts for the Dodgers. Roki Sasaki making his seventeenth start of the season. He's three and five with an ERA of five thirty three. His last start before the All Star break, he did go six innings, retiring the last nine that he faced. But you never know, honestly, which Rokie you're going to get, so we'll all find out together. Dodgers and Yankees were fifteen minutes away from first pitch in the Bronx Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 6: I'm David Vasse and this is the back to.
Speaker 5: Back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Casino Dodgers on tap, who on your home for the Blue All season Low.
Speaker 5: We are getting closer to first pitch between the Dodgers and Yankees. Roki Sasaki against Garrett Cole. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Soporo start great moments. Start with Soporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference. Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's check in once more with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 6: Guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 14: David.
Speaker 8: Back here with Rick Monday. We're getting ready for the first pitch in this first game against the Dodgers and the Yankees, a rematch of the twenty twenty four Fall Classic, and nearly six hundred and twenty six days, I believe was the count that I had in between appearances here in the Bronx. Moll give me a key or a player to watch.
Speaker 4: So I love it when you get technical. First of all, with rookie Sasaki. You know, the last seven starts he's zero and two ERA close to six. But if we look at the two starts he's hand in the month of July so far, he's worked a total of just nine innings. He's given up nine runs. That's an ERA of right at nine, and he's thrown one hundred and sixty six pitches in those nine innings and he's given up five home runs. He needs to attack that strength zone much much better.
Speaker 8: Keep the ball in the ballpark. These two teams went into the break in very different fashions. The Dodgers got there sloppily and were swept at home by the d Backs before the Alster break. The Yankees meanwhile completed a sweep of the Nationals, had comeback victories in all three of those games, and they've won four in a row entering this one. They are, though, without the biggest slugger in the game. That's Aaron Judge, who's still down to the injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the judges out. Stanton is still out, They've got Max Breed, their pitchers still out at the Nags. Well, they have their own issues with people on the injured list. Good news is Blake Snell has teen tonight in Oklahoma City as part of his rehand. He keeps getting closer and closer. The other guys. Well, we don't know how close some of the other guys are coming back.
Speaker 8: We do know that we're close to the first pitch Garrett Cole against Rokie Sesaki. What an opportunity in front of the young Sasaki tonight here in the Bronx as we get ready to boogie down the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: And Yankees still five feet behind you. Dodgers and Yankees, first pitch is next. After the game is over, we'll have the highlights and postgame Dodger Talk. Enjoy the rematch of the twenty four World Series. I'm David Basse and this is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network