Speaker 1: Morning Light and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen Beaverville.
Speaker 1: Come on in, morning Light, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen up.
Speaker 3: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice. Might a goo Nino, gay boy.
Speaker 2: That is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the sixth day of November twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Thursday morning on the part of Morning Show, supposed to be the best day of the week ever.
Speaker 4: We'll see. I'm thinking Tommy's coming in.
Speaker 5: I think Ben's coming I think Fargo Flash is gonna call in because I believe he's out working somewhere. We have the great Tom Pellasero an a cast of thousands. Let's get her started. Here's Greg Warren with some comedy about high school fishing. Anyway, it's a comedy on the part of Morning Show on Thursday and now come on in.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Do you know the state of Illinois has high school fishing. It's a school sport like football or baseball. They're like, we're gonna beat you guys on Friday night and.
Speaker 2: Fishing like.
Speaker 1: They have a state championship for fishing sanction, which means there's gotta be fishing coaches. I'm gonna guess they're similar to the coaches I had. You boys embarrass yourselves out there on that lake today. Hey s got his whole caught in the tree. Chansen pulled a shoe out of the lake. And Martin, you couldn't catch a fish in the secret department at the grocery store. If I was a fish, I feel safe around everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, everybody hands in fish on three.
Speaker 4: The Ferne is sweet.
Speaker 7: Feet, us on your side. You here the fist and thunder this line. Then you stray.
Speaker 2: First day morning, November sixth of twenty twenty five, it's the Powers for the morning show. Cory Chris, there's saucy Zach's gone on the next couple of days. But we have like nine billion people on Thursdays. Tommy also pretty soon right too, kicks the door down.
Speaker 4: Furs.
Speaker 5: I no, that'll sum, bitch, you'll be here. Yeah, far Ago, Flash will be calling on calling in.
Speaker 2: We got the bunny ranch.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure it could be a puppy ranch. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, dot com Tom Tom pellisero.
Speaker 4: Who's around the computer? Back there today?
Speaker 2: Kara is back there? Oh hi, Kara, your.
Speaker 4: Mic is on.
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 4: Nobody now, she said she's back there.
Speaker 5: She didn't, probably doing TikTok or what am.
Speaker 4: I afraid to talk to? Sauce.
Speaker 2: Oh, well that happens.
Speaker 4: You look like you Yeah, I look like hell No, you look pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, welcome, welcome. I'm trying. Well, what are you trying? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Were you trying to do a good job at the initials last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That was great.
Speaker 4: How was your crowd?
Speaker 2: It was good, very good and no cool, that's for hawk. Oh that's a whether Okay, got it. Yeah, that was the answer to his question that he was about to ask. Yeah, got it. But yeah it was great, man. People love that game, dude, you've done a great job. Cool.
Speaker 9: By the way, speaking of that, Derek Shelton tomorrow. Yeah, anybody hear him on with Birero last night.
Speaker 4: We're gonna love that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was fantastic.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that guy a.
Speaker 2: Lot, Like we've been saying since the day he was hired.
Speaker 9: No idea if it's going to work out, it's still the same team, still owners the same ownership groups.
Speaker 2: Who knows, it's an uphill battle.
Speaker 9: But everything we heard behind the scenes is you're gonna love This guy is a super good dude. And then I listened to him last night, I'm like, man, this guy's awesome, so excited to meet him.
Speaker 2: How old it works out?
Speaker 5: How funny was his story when he was talking about how it was like breaking up with a girl because he kept getting people texting him and saying, hey, they lost after he got fired.
Speaker 4: From the Pirates, He's like, I don't want to hear about it.
Speaker 9: I didn't catch that. Bar was at the back half of the interview at some point. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's kind of funny. Yeah yeah they lost again. Yeah yeah, okay, cool, great, I don't want to know. Thanks guys. Right, Oh man, I thought the for the hardcore baseball people like the John Bonuses of the world Sauce that listened to that interview, the one thing I thought was super interesting that he couldn't answer, but he answered without answering. It was when he admitted to Burrero that like, look, why would you take this job? Somebody you know, why would you take this job? When you know what you're walking into. And he said, well, there's only thirty of them, so let's start there. So then number two is that he had a lot of questions. Right, he's been in the bigs for a long long time. He had a lot of questions. And it made it sound like he probably asked, what's the plan with player A, player, player C, player D. So he said he had a lot of questions and he got clarity on those answers and he took the job. So whatever that means, that's where the diehards like John Bonus can be like, well, a lot was he told, they're not trading Pablo Lopez or Joel you know what, I'm staying telling them what the payroll was exactly. And Derek did not say that. He said that's all private. But he said he answered or he asked those questions and he got answers, yeah you have to. Yeah, and maybe he got led to but we'll find that out. Yeah, we'll never know, right.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was a I mean, after listening to him, I do understand a little bit more because he said basically I'm paraphrasing, of course, but basically what he said was I got fired and it sucked, but I know I made some mistakes, and so I really took a step back and looked.
Speaker 4: At what I did wrong.
Speaker 5: And now I'm getting another chance, and I want to do it right this time. And that makes sense to me.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got fired, it was a bad situation. He didn't do well. It was a bad situation. Now he's gotten a second chance, and he wants to see if he could do better. He wants to see if he can learn from the things he did wrong. I think that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as a poker player that's busted out of thousands of tournaments in the last twenty years, thousands, and I'm hundreds of thousand. When I make a move that I believe in and there's logic and I've thought it through, and I go with my gut. If I do everything in my mind right and then the cards don't work out and I go home, I'm almost never upset.
Speaker 9: It's when something goes absurdly wrong and I'm like, man, what am I doing? That was so dumb, I can't even explain why I did that. And then I go home and you're super pissed. And he said the same thing last night. Number I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 2: That was it? Who was it? Don Zimmer or somebody like.
Speaker 9: That told him, just you got to trust your gut and you have to feel good about what you've decided and then stand by it. And he's like, that's what you're going to get out of me as a manager. That if you're like, well, the analytics say you're supposed to do this, this, and this, why did you do the opposite? He'll go, well, I felt that this was the right thing to do, and I'm going to stand by it. I'm like, that's cool. That's the right attitude. If you don't believe what you're doing, then you shouldn't do it anyway. Yeah, and then I just drive home and I cry when I get home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, it happens. Why can't I just get the cars to go my way? Even when I do play badly? That's good questions Most of the time. We all get you one good flop flop after I get your flop off. Anyway, Excited to meet that dude tomorrow. He seems super nice.
Speaker 5: It was like a really good dude. Righteous, right, you really like to listen sometime with old Danny B. Who I saw last night. By the way, I saw Danny B last.
Speaker 2: Night, Dan Barrero, Yeah, where we.
Speaker 5: Were hanging out at a very high fluting thing last night. Oh sweet, Yeah, you know we were hanging out.
Speaker 2: I don't go to high falutin things.
Speaker 4: I normally don't either. I don't know it was high flute.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't even know how you spell that way.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever been invited to a gala. Whoa sure you have whoa whoa whoa You've been at a couple? Yeah. I don't really get invited to that stuff, which is fine, say no more often. Yeah, you'll never get That's why I don't get.
Speaker 4: You know who we were hanging out with, Uh, Dusty Spike Lee.
Speaker 2: Oh really that's right?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 2: Oh the Prince thing? Oh you're at the Prince thing.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: I saw was.
Speaker 9: Parish there he was because he was telling me about it yesterday. He said he was going to get all dressed up for the purple carpet.
Speaker 4: He he did. He the dress was rock star chic.
Speaker 2: What did Berrero wear? Tuxedo? Thong? Oh that's rock star chic for sure.
Speaker 5: I want when I got there, I thought Alice Cooper was there and it turned out to be Dan Burrero.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, that's how rock star chik he was.
Speaker 2: Wow, it was pretty incredible, Barrero, well done.
Speaker 5: I don't know if those were real tattoos or temporary, but my god, man, it takes balls to put some like that on your face.
Speaker 2: He's got some ink on his face. Yeah, good for Dan.
Speaker 5: And uh no, it was weird because it was like, I guess, so I don't know, because it's been running for a while, but they were acting as if it was the first night of it, but it wasn't the first night of it, and they're thinking it's going to go to Broadway, you know. But it's like it's sort of it's called Purple Rain, and it's sort of like the movie Purple Rain, but they changed the story quite a lot, but they use all the music and there's a kid that plays the kid who was Prince, but they don't call him Prince, you know. So it's it's a basically they took the outline of the movie Purple Rain and changed a lot, but he used the same music and a similar story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is Prince. But it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's real good.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: The guy who played Morris Day was fantastic. The band of the music was cool. The songs are great, obviously, but anyway, but it was cool. But all the beautiful people were there. There were a lot of beauty.
Speaker 2: Taxedo Yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: So you did see Burrow. Yeah that's right.
Speaker 2: My wife is going on Saturday as a rock star chic as well.
Speaker 9: I don't know her and her brother are going to go. Is he gonna wear a taxedo thong or not? That's kind of that's where is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a it was a last minute thing.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then there I was and and there there he was. I was Spike Lee standing right there. I'm like, that's that's Spike Lee right there. And it was weird because, uh, our Timberwolves were in New York last night. Yeah at the Knicks, right.
Speaker 2: They sure were. They got killed. Spike Lee was here and.
Speaker 5: He was here, and I was thinking to myself, all I wondered, because they're thinking about, you know, obviously taking the show directly to Broadway with like that cast.
Speaker 4: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So maybe he was scoping.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm wondering. That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering. Yeah, So the Wolves played at Madison Square Garden and I didn't see if Ben Stiller or Shallowy were there, but Spike Lee was not.
Speaker 4: He was not he was he was. He was a couple of rows down and over from from where I was sitting. Crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, But it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: It's pretty it's pretty cool, pretty cool and short. Yeah, yeah, I got to be very sure. He's not a big dude, not a big dude. And he was trying very uh very hard to not like be a part of everything. You know, He's trying to just kind of hang out and watch the show. But and I was thinking, oh, poor guy, nobody leave himlone. And then I realized he was wearing a Nick's hat that was basically a disco ball Sorry. Time he turned his head, it kind of glowed. And I'm like, yeah, by your party, you might won't be invisible, but the other party.
Speaker 4: It wants to be seen for sure.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, I'm nevers I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 9: I'm before I look it up, I'm pretty sure I have never seen a Spike Lee movie, which.
Speaker 4: Is that's not something Spike Lee joint.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. And that's not something I probify. Let me see if I have here, she's got to have it. No, do the Right Thing, that's the movie. Obviously I should have seen it. Something, Do the Right Thing. I never saw Do the Right Thing. No Better Blues, no Jungle Fever, no Malcolm X. Never saw Malcolm X. I saw Malcolm X. No Clockers, Summer of Sam. No, oh, I saw twenty fifth Hour. I didn't know that was his. Oh I've seen that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great great film. Edward Norton Junior year.
Speaker 9: Interesting, Okay, I didn't know that was him before that. You saw Summer of Sam. Isn't that Summer of Sam as John Leguizamo Adrian Brody MirOS Orvino nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: I'm almost positive I saw that.
Speaker 5: But it is about the summer where Son of Sam was killing people in New York and Airbob is afraid?
Speaker 2: Right yep? Oh? Is it really?
Speaker 9: I forget my sake? Sorry, Inside Man, that's a fantastic movie. I forgot that with Spike.
Speaker 2: Is that man? That's Denzel Yeah Man, Clyde Owen and Jody Foster. Fantastic. That's a good, great movie about that that's super good. All right. So I've seen twenty fifth Hour. I've seen Inside Man, Maaricles and Red Hook Summer. Old Boy. You know, I never saw a Black Klansman.
Speaker 4: Proud of you from not making a joke about the Inside Man thing.
Speaker 2: By the way, Yeah, well done. Well Zach's not here. Uh, the Sweet Blood of Jesus never saw that it.
Speaker 9: No. No, So I've just seen to twenty fifth Hour and Inside Man. That's not enough.
Speaker 2: No, for a guy that's that well respected, I definitely should have seen do the Right Thing because that's the one that everybody. Yeah, yeah, I've not seen it either, Wow, you man. Also, I skipped He Got Game. I didn't see He Got Game either with with Ray Allen. Oh no, I haven't seen that either. Jesus Shuttlesworth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ray Allen, I know I've seen that. I just don't remember anything about it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 9: I just remember when that movie came out, because that was nineteen ninety eight, and I remember even when I saw the trailers for He Got Game. Is man, that guy should have been a timberwolf. He was for like three seconds got the Trade?
Speaker 2: That was the Marberry trade.
Speaker 4: Who else was in He Got Game? Who's like the main star.
Speaker 2: Well, so Denzel Ray Allen and Mila Jovovic are the top three. She had a moment. Yeah, I wonder what happened to her?
Speaker 4: Well, do you want to see Inside Man later today?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For sure? Why you got it? You know Zach's password for double List because he guessed it on the first guest. Yes he did, Yes, he did.
Speaker 4: He did. It was just a guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was lucky, Yeah, real lucky.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 5: Anyway, So, yeah, that was Spike Lee Joint I saw him last night. And other famous people. Artie rye Back was there.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't heard that name at all. I know I neither I know I saw him there, don't know a lot of arts. I don't either. Well, uh, I mean Rudy Tom Johanovich. I would have bet a thousand dollars you were about to say r T D two. That's fine. I thought you were going to say that for sure. I'm like, no, that's that's wrong.
Speaker 5: Trying to remember there there were other people, but it was cool and Parish. Yeah, obviously the original drummer, Art who we've had on the show before.
Speaker 2: He's reviews movies for us every Friday.
Speaker 5: I looked around and I did not say I was expecting you know who I was expecting to see.
Speaker 4: I looked everywhere. I didn't see him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is something Rosy would be. Absolutely. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw some some Viking folks that we all know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's cool.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 2: It was neat, you know, it was.
Speaker 4: It was cool. And that's a great theater. It's a great theater.
Speaker 5: Which theater, I think it's the state thing. Yeah, legit, Yeah, it's legit. So it's cool, man, it's it's neat. You know that that kid playing and Prince the kid? You know, how about how about having to portray him in this town?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Having to portray him anywhere is one thing, but having to portray him here that's tough.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Prince song?
Speaker 4: You know, as of last night, it is take Me with You. I love that song.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that.
Speaker 4: I don't care where we go, I don't care what would do. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I still don't know it. Really, Yeah, you know it? You know really? Oh yeah, you've seen the movie, right? No, oh my, that's why you have it even either. We're both lifelong Minnesota. I've not seen.
Speaker 9: Chris is an out of town or and he's seen it. And you and I although you were like fifteen or fourteen when it came out and I was.
Speaker 2: Four or whatever. But still again another egregious miss on my part. I should absolutely be required to watch Purple Rain his air forty five year old Minnesota. Yeah, it should be U. Why don't they show that in high school? Instead of that, oh yeah, instead of the Romeo and Juliet with community.
Speaker 4: Christmas you, bud, have you seen Purple Rain?
Speaker 2: No? Just just a definitive.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it, Like it's like, wow, I do agree with Ben.
Speaker 9: About the movie or the song track, like Lever hates you don't like Prince at all.
Speaker 2: I'm okay with Prince.
Speaker 5: You're on the microphone, you know, because he knows he's starting to get settled in there, came in here.
Speaker 2: It's just bad. Prince probably was the day nine just passed on his grave. I love when just goes off. But no, that's uh yeah. I I literally know like three songs of Prince. Don't know much about him. They hits, h it, hits are awesome.
Speaker 4: It's like he's like, here's.
Speaker 2: Ever raged at his house or Bangers. No, never, never went to Pley Park and party. My my mother in law, Jules, it's her name.
Speaker 8: Uh she she apparently used to rage.
Speaker 2: There is that right? Yeah, Paul your hands up? Yes, Tommy smothering law, sure, sure thing, pour your hands up, wooden prints, Oh for sure. Uh Tommy is here.
Speaker 11: It is Thursday. This is the Power Trip Morning show on the Fay.
Speaker 2: So t o. Yeah, we haven't seen me since Halloween and uh trust me. Ghosts wind Vike swind sas dresses. Kid Rock leads the show on. I was on the way to the gym. I was dying so good. Yeah, little call he little co got it done. It's fantastic thinking.
Speaker 8: So I was riding high, went to dinner with the ghosts that night, and I'm driving home.
Speaker 2: I'm just amped.
Speaker 8: I'm my god, that was cool, like they could telling my like fifteen year old self.
Speaker 2: So I'd go back and do that like it was awesome. And then I walk in the door and it's Bob with taba fang cow Boy.
Speaker 8: It's like the heavenly gates open. I'm like my prayers are answering. It was so hot. It was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Did you wake up Saturday morning and go, oh man, it's Alloween again. But I put that costame back on. You should put that fish on her back on talk about you boys. It was great.
Speaker 8: But she actually got mar Bread's too, so I still like, put a mar bread in my mouth again.
Speaker 2: Got got me a little tinglely. Oh, she got the actual smokes. She was smoke. She went to the real thing.
Speaker 8: She went to Uh, she went to the gas station and she's like, can I get some SIGs? And they go what because she never she never smoked the sig.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know what to order. She said mar Breads, So she got some mar Breads. Was fantastic, got it?
Speaker 8: I mean I was packing the it's good.
Speaker 2: To be back.
Speaker 8: I didn't any I still got him in my house though, Well.
Speaker 4: If you got him, that is for sure.
Speaker 2: So what was better?
Speaker 9: The go for winter kid rock god man a little you're asking the tough questions, you know.
Speaker 8: The golf experience that was that was just so much fun. Whole faan was there. I got to do the I got to listen to like Pj's pregame speech, which is awesome. Uh, run out with the team that brought me back. Then my whole family was there was a like go up up top, walk around.
Speaker 2: But hey, do you guys listen to the game at all? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do, Yeah, I just sorry this specific Saturday.
Speaker 2: I listened to the end. Yeah. So do you know how I talk about Bushy all the time. He's one of my friends.
Speaker 8: He was on the halftime show with Grim he was up there, oh, because he was Do you guys remember when Blake harp Fober Oh yeah, a big shot against Indiana.
Speaker 9: Bushy was the guy who threw him the ball. Multi sport athlete or he was just a basketball player.
Speaker 8: He was a basketball player, but he was really good at like inbound all right, but he was your friend, not from the football team, just from the basketball team, or he just knew you're from.
Speaker 2: The post college became really post college, got it. I was like, if he was a multi sport athlete, I think we would have heard about the fact that we got to go for playing.
Speaker 8: Sure, so Bushy was actually mister basketball at moms View, Weber was mister football.
Speaker 2: They came out the same grade, got a great class. But so he was getting.
Speaker 8: Interviewed because he played at Colorado State when Nico was at Colorado State.
Speaker 2: Oh so now it's like full circle. Now he's like a. Now he's like a he said he loves it now because.
Speaker 8: He's like he's an honorary alumni because he played for both.
Speaker 2: I'm like, god, that's you're living good. Yeah, fantastic.
Speaker 8: And then and then Hawg's daddy, Yes, sir, we're in the in the plaza the whole time. Yeah you remember where we were. Yeah, just clankson just and then OT happens and it comes down to that end. You know, fun that game was. There was so much fun. It was like the best game I've seen in a long time. Great atmosphere, The blackout unis were fantastic.
Speaker 4: So you preferred the OT game over the blowout against Nebraska? You like this better?
Speaker 5: It's good queue, thank you, thank you God all I got for you.
Speaker 2: Obviously I wish it would have blown him out.
Speaker 5: Sure sure, sure sure, But like this as a fan though, first time ever OT game in that stadium ever, So that was fun.
Speaker 2: That's the first OT game in that stadium. Yeah, wow, I didn't know that. Is that possible? I know it feels I didn't believe it either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what, core good que good queue.
Speaker 2: Changing the tunnel the podcast I had Hawk and Berrero hangout. But I'll do good. Wait a minute, you're responsible for naming it and posting it, and tight in the description. I don't post it, I name it. He names it, so then the rest does the rest.
Speaker 9: Nick does, so Nick posts it, Nick spell checks.
Speaker 2: You just name it. That's perfect. Yeah, okay, keep breath.
Speaker 8: More of the days were when you guys would post it. Remember that, and people would snap about.
Speaker 2: It because every day would just say Hawk died again. That would be the name of every.
Speaker 8: Podcast you said it would be.
Speaker 2: It would be Hawk died and we talked about sports, and that would be like the entire description of Like, who's going to click on this? This is the fifty seventh podcast this month named Hawk's Dead Again.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of flowers, A lot of flowers, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: The first hour is gonna be Hawk eyed and we talked about sports. God, you encouraged it. I know, so good, so good, Hey, Zaddy, greats each.
Speaker 4: By the way, Oh thank you man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank My whole fam cried, oh are you?
Speaker 4: I hope they were loving tears, happy love and tears.
Speaker 2: As I got a bonfire this weekend. No one cares. I know, no, no, we definitely Is that an invitation or are you just bragging about low briend cool this past weekend of this upcoming week I'm coming.
Speaker 8: I'm just really looking forward to it, like an old school bonfire.
Speaker 4: What if it snows? Do you do? You still have the bond?
Speaker 2: That's even better? Correct? Good?
Speaker 4: Was it a good? Q?
Speaker 2: Great? Great?
Speaker 8: I have a uh follow up? Dude, sitch fantastic? My brother and my dad, my god, take a lap, possibly even better.
Speaker 2: I like Christmas sauce. You like Christmas.
Speaker 9: I don't know anybody on the Power Wanting, Sure they doesn't, but it's Tommy, the second biggest Christmas fan on the Power Trip behind Chris.
Speaker 2: Might be Yeah, I wonder if you are. You might be number two? Yeah, because you really like it. I really like like Christmas music, the whole bit. Post fourth of July, I start sprinkling in Christmas. Oh yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's that's I think you're number two.
Speaker 4: I think about he might be a sending. He might be closer to number one.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be huge. I just love it. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 4: Is there bonfire music potentially.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's like nineties country, and we're talking like Alan Jackson, Garth Garth yea like Shania next in This Man Any Man of Mine? Sure?
Speaker 2: Oh sure so yeah.
Speaker 8: And it's it's like an old school bonfire and so we'll just have like sweats on, like a real bonfire, burning some Christmas trees and stuff.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, good for you.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing Sasa Seene Purple Rain. Do you guys gotta watch it?
Speaker 8: I think so because her mom and dadd are Yeah, like I said, huge Prince people.
Speaker 4: I think you would like it. Tom's I know Corey won't. Sauce might because of the music.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you would like it if I like Prince, Does that give me a shot of liking the music?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you'll be really like there's you'll know everything in the movie.
Speaker 4: It's it's they filmed it here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: It is a musical though, correct, Yeah, but only because the band is on stage. They don't like dancing like the way they do high school musical Like when there's music, it's because they are it's either part of the soundtrack or they're playing the music on the stage.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a great movie. I really enjoy it. But it's old, you know. I mean it's it's eighties and they made it on a shoe string budget.
Speaker 9: By the way, speaking of speaking of the dude, Stitch, before we go to break and come back on the front page ports you mentioned you'll be at the bonfire and a couple of other hot dues, your brother and your dad. It's actually four of them, right, it's you, your brother, your dad, and kid Rock.
Speaker 2: They're all going to be at the bonfire. Just nothing but hotties. No more wish is needed.
Speaker 9: How great would it be? Obsessa sip there it's snowing and she still dresses kid rocking, and schmoll and at her like, why are you kid rock again?
Speaker 2: And she walked in holding a boom box playing the Christmas Song by Nat King. Is just waiting for the two of Italy.
Speaker 4: If I wanted to pay attention, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Talking to me this morning, so I threw it back on. No man, I've been screaming I am the bull guys in the last six hours brilliant paid part tapping his power tip Morning John.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I have Dublin, Ireland's weather up here.
Speaker 5: Annapolis thirty seven right now it feels like thirty four outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how perfect. Saturdays Sunday are going to be outstanding bonfire weather, big bonfire weather. I get to wear a mile gopher sweats and sweatsuits too.
Speaker 5: Fifty five today, that overcast, you know, that's perfect tomorrow. Let's go thirty six on Saturday for bonfire and thirty three on Sunday for football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indoors anyway, Here's bonfire is kind of a good name for a rock band. Firehouse trying to be in that band. Hey, are the restaurants bonfires still a thing? Or are they all gone?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: So the one would bury the one maybe you're thinking of. Yep, that's like a Southern social or something. Okay, so that changed. I've never been. Are there any other remaining bonfires?
Speaker 4: Careful of a Southern social?
Speaker 2: By the way, was there was there one in Maple Grove too?
Speaker 4: Don't know there's one in Yeah that I believe there was.
Speaker 2: What's the one where all the cougars hung out? That's Redstone, red Stone, you know what I'm talking about. That was Redstone's great. You have the best salads of the world. Yeah they do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's the place in Eden Prairie that kind of sounds this way and it goes Dave's wohouse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sorts quit the wild don't need the money make all that horrmone.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys know what I'm talking about. It's by Shields. You know what I'm talking It's like a nicer place. It sponsors the vikings.
Speaker 8: I want to say, Oh wildfire, Yeah, wild wires.
Speaker 2: Great, I heard it. I've never been. I heard superpot Yeah, yeah, I don't think there are any bonfires. This place is taking a place called Bonfire Bar and Grill owned by Shaggy. Yeah, mister Boom. Shaggy's Bonfire Bar and Grill just plays his heads. He has slammers.
Speaker 9: You go like Margaritaville and you're like, I just love Jimmy Buffetts vibe. I'm gonna go sit on the beach and have some Margarita's. It's a whole other thing to say, I'm going to go to Shaggy's restaurant to hear nothing but the hits.
Speaker 2: What do you think is on the menu at Shaggy's Restaurant? Oh, that's a great question.
Speaker 9: A lot of people have been asking it. A lot of people have been asking it wasn't me chicken sandwich brilliant? What else is on the menu at Shaggy's restaurant.
Speaker 2: Mister Boombasti chicken wings, chicken there? Yeah, why wouldn't you say, mister boom bas smots a rella sticks or something. Have it in mind by a mile. Yeah, mister b Fries freaking a plus. Mister fantastis French silk pie. People are learning quickly. He doesn't have as many hits as see what's going into Margaritaville in Vegas?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this another country bar?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Did you go? That's like the new trend because those two are killing it. Bottle Black on an old read they were like saying how much they're doing well?
Speaker 9: So the thing that got I think that's interesting about those twos because they're right outside of Horseshoe, right, They're like right next to each other, a couple of stories up, so you can't miss him.
Speaker 2: You can do the walking bridge from the Belageia, the whole bit.
Speaker 9: The one that's weird is right next to Cosmo, those those weird stores that they put up like Ross oh yeah, yeah, like on the second or third level. There's this little thing is that's Jason Aldine's like bar in kitchen.
Speaker 8: It's super just Bland and Chris what right, Like it's kind of doesn't really make sense.
Speaker 9: It doesn't make any sense. So the other two are gigantic. You can't miss him stand alone.
Speaker 2: Jason just has this really strange nobody cares restaurant, like on the third level. Right next to it is a produst store, right, a weird spot. But then that's gonna be.
Speaker 8: Kind of Margaritaville, I think is a way better spot because that's like before you get to the like a lake area. Yeah, if you can get breakfast there is that going to be Do you remember Margaritaville breakfast?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Unbelievable. I know whose spot is that going to be? Ban you got mail film?
Speaker 8: By the way, yeah great, yeah it is good love story. Ye yeah, m A I l oh for that reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new deal.
Speaker 5: And by the way, if you guys and I get your sports. But I just popped up on my feed the other day and then now I I because I watched it once. I've seen seven hundred of them. Have you guys ever been to any of the secret bars?
Speaker 2: In Vegas. Huh, like the one at the Cosmo, which the barber shop. Yeah, it's behind them.
Speaker 4: You don't have to do those like there's like ten of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I only know that.
Speaker 9: I only know too the barber shop at Cosmo, in the basement of the Cosmo, there's a speakeasy behind the.
Speaker 2: Quote barber one. That's it we're talking about it. There's a private or private there's a hidden restaurant to uh, I.
Speaker 4: Am talking about the one at the barbershop, that's what I work about.
Speaker 2: It where if you walk by.
Speaker 9: Just getting haircuts, but back behind the wall, there's like a secret bar back you have to go to the bar show on the first the first Flooreah, I've never.
Speaker 8: Been to that one.
Speaker 9: And then there's the almost identical concept at Resorts World. It looks like there's this little that's got like Asian decor and it looks like they're selling I don't know soda is in a vending machine. But those doors push open and there's a giant secret bar behind that too, so you would never know unless you know. And I think that's the really Yes, you feel like you're part of a cool club, although I think everybody's invited.
Speaker 2: I don't think you have to be about those two.
Speaker 8: There's one up do you know where like Dave's Hot Chicken is, and like all the food areas, and then there's a light and then if that light's on, it means you can walk through this exit and then you go into this big tequila Mexican bar.
Speaker 9: Didn't know that because obviously they have secret pizza on the second or third floor of Cosmo as well.
Speaker 2: But I've never done I've never found the secret pizza. I was once a secret pizza is super easy. It's up on the third floor. It looks like a hallway with all along it. Yeah, it's great. It looks like a whole way to nowhere. I got where stk is gks here it's on the other side. Really top standing. I got it a couple of times. No signs. You can tell. All right, let's see you can tell. Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Stations, Talk Celsius at Holiday Celsius twelve ounces and sixteen ounce Look at what Tommy's got. Tom's got some Celsius. Did you get into Holiday? I didn't didn't. Okay, well, but that flavor this is it? Yeah, that flavor right there.
Speaker 9: You can get whatever you want because you can mix him at your favorite twelve and sixteen ounce Celsius varieties for limited time two Celsius is five bucks, Stay sharp, feel good at holiday with Celsius.
Speaker 2: Thanks Celsius and Holiday. You ever try one love Celsius. I haven't had that flavor though?
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 2: Something rast arctic vibe?
Speaker 8: Okay, I haven't had that one, but like I switched up to Celsius and it changes my like energy, It like locks me in, it actually does mentally.
Speaker 2: Okay, So hogs Daddy, sorry, I'll cut you off. Is there a bar that you've wanted to talk about?
Speaker 5: No, No, I was just bringing up I didn't if you guy knew about those things. I feel you probably did. But that's pretty cool. Like if you ran a YouTube search and just put secret bars in Vegas, a guy's done like a long compilation of where they're at and how you get into them.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool. There's ten, there's a at least ten. There's bord.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's next year's we do a super Barkral Secret Barkros Secret Sexy Barkhoss.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, you've got males.
Speaker 2: Good dude, such he's gonna say, let me go to Halloween Express and get a The Wolves were at the Knicks last night, the Knicks one one thirty seven, one fourteen over the Timberwolves. Ant was back.
Speaker 9: He played twenty nine minutes at fifteen points, Julius Randall thirty two points, CAT at fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ant was rusty, but Julius Randall was having an unbelievable start to the season. But that game got away from him. That's a weird loss. You got to win some of these games four and four, fine, but this is a team that you know, this has NBA Championship aspirations. You got to start winning these games. That'll help to get Ant back on a regular basis. But he was a tad rusty last night. What's a successful season for the Wolves the championship? Like that's it at this point. Yeah, that's at least getting there. Yeah, get over the hump. Yep. Wow.
Speaker 9: I mean you could still say like Western Conference Finals would be a sick run, but now that we've been there two consecutive years, that would feel like a disappointment. Even though for Wolves basketball to still be in the Final four is pretty sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gonna get old pretty fast if we keep coming up short. It's going to feel like the most Minnesota sports thing of all time. Even felt that now way last year. You know what would help that, John Moran.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 9: According to multiple sources to the Athletic, the Wolves and the Kings are potentially interested in John Morant and are monitoring the situation in Memphis.
Speaker 2: This is the sauce.
Speaker 9: This is the perfect example of like right brain, left brain, and like betting with your head or betting with your heart. Yeah, yeah, I only do one of those, and it costs me because my head says, this is a disastrous idea, like this would be a train wreck. I don't want anything to do with him. He doesn't look like he cares anymore. He's just mailing it in. I don't want that kind of toxicity with Ant.
Speaker 2: That's my head.
Speaker 4: I have to fire sauce.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, Like, that's my head is like, this would not work, This is a terrible idea. The radio part of me goes, oh yeah, dear God, it might be an absolute train wreck, but this would be a fun train wreck to watch. So it depends, do you want the entertainment, then let's go get John Morant.
Speaker 2: Do you want it to work? I don't think you should go get John Moran's because I don't think it would work. Ah, He's a disaster. You hate when you hate when I quote you, But you basically had the similar opinion about Johnny Manziel. Yeah, the train wreck factor.
Speaker 9: The last time I wanted the entertainment was Johnny Manziel, and that would have been an absolute nightmare, nightmare, but for.
Speaker 2: About two weeks, a couple of months, it would have been outstanding.
Speaker 9: Let's get him. Yeah, but I think that would be the case with jaw Is. He doesn't care. He doesn't care enough, and.
Speaker 2: Ant's good enough.
Speaker 9: If Ant wasn't good enough and we needed a superstar, you'd say, let's gamble An. It's good enough to surround him with just good players at care and I don't think Jack hares well.
Speaker 2: See. But the beauty of it, though, is having the GM they have means he'll take swings like that. That's a good GM to at least considerate for sure. Yeah, correct, nothing wrong with considering it. But man, I hope they ask around and they need choice. What's that guy in the king's name is a Fox. Well he's now with the Spurs. Oh yeah, he's hurt though, But that's a guy they also like. But again, they don't have a lot of you know, the the what's the word I'm looking for the collateral? Not collateral? The keep going Nobody telling me this the what hold on?
Speaker 4: Well notus. I can't even imagine what it is.
Speaker 2: Figure out they'll get there. The assets. They don't have the assets that some of these other teams have, right, it takes so much. They don't have a couple of first round picks. But you know, I just there's people who think they could get him for Rudy or and maybe dilling Ham and Conley, but you I don't think they would do that. If they're actually going to trade them, they're gonna want pieces that they can rebuild with. You ever see the movie Collateral? Is that Tom Cruise? Yeah? I have, Yeah, fantastic, Yeah it is good Jamie Fox, right, yeah.
Speaker 8: Sure, sure, sure, Jamie Fox probably most underrated guy in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Very good. Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 4: Everything discovered Dodge ed Sure and Kanye is that right?
Speaker 12: Remember the slow jam song I Want some Mom and gay some Luther Vangro's Little Neitap Too song.
Speaker 4: I don't think I know that song. Oh my god, you've seen We're old.
Speaker 2: They were in a part. They were at a party.
Speaker 8: If Jamie Fox party, Kanye came in, makes that beat, then he goes on the trip for like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Comes back as the number one hit and you didn't even know. It's a crazy story. Jamie Fox tells it that I think it was on Stern. Okay, take your word for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dig donk.
Speaker 2: Cool story, great story, good for him. Yeah, way to go. Well, do what really matters after this? Scores and stats around the world of sports. Tommy Olsen is here, Ben lieberan a little bit dot Com, Tom Pello, Sarah Later. I think Fargo flashing on the phone, lots to get to between now and nine, Power trom wanting too on the fen. All right, Tommy Olsen's up there.
Speaker 5: Ben liber will be here in a minute. It's bonfire weekend. Everybody be cool.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't love a good bonfire?
Speaker 5: Many Sometimes you gotta throw the clothes away, No, I agree, Yeah, because they're gonna they're gonna smell like the Bond par.
Speaker 2: That's that's right. Did you hear us, I'm wearing my old gopher like sweats. I did hear that. Yes, So that's why that's why we're coming over in comfy.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. That makes sense to me, you know.
Speaker 8: And then because yeah, you literally, even if you shower, it ain't gonna work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, well that's the best part.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing those mar breads over. I can sneak a singing good for you, man.
Speaker 4: A cue for you. I feel.
Speaker 5: Do you, uh, when you wake up on Sunday after you've been tossing back a few mar breads, are you gonna feel like clunky inside? You're gonna be all right? Well, so I never smoked the sing so for work, I get to golf a little bit for work, Okay, give it to me.
Speaker 8: And every time I golf, I feel like I'm Michael Jordan for some reason and just have to have a stoke for sure. And after that, even if you like brush your teeth five times, you still wake up feeling like you made out with an ashtray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got it.
Speaker 4: What about the smell of the fingies? Do you still smell the smoke on the hands?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but if you shower that helps, right, Okay, Okay, and you and I'm wearing and I'm wearing a golf glove, so that helps a little bit.
Speaker 4: Got it, got it.
Speaker 2: But with the SIGs, I kind of it's gonna sound really weird.
Speaker 8: I kind of like waking up with that little when you're going a little out of it and you got that sig in your mouth.
Speaker 4: Wait wait so you still have to sing in your mouth?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, you got that sig taste? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh god it okay, it kind of gets me a little horny, you know, Okay, Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you for and my cue because guy, yeah, solid was cute.
Speaker 8: It's because it's because like it it brings you to those times when you were partying hard, hard and you had that sig in your mouth still, and like you woke up like.
Speaker 4: Man, rock, just like a rock.
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, I don't know if I wanted to, And that's pretty much like that, And you're kind of loopy and you're kind of like for like that first ten minutes and then you feel like complete hell after those ten but like that's the first ten you're like, oh.
Speaker 4: I have a hard time.
Speaker 5: All right, it's tough because I know I've never partied that hard sure you No, I've not woken up with the taste of a marb on my Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, McDonald's in your bed. Maybe you know who knows cake in your bath? You kid, rock in your dreams and stats around the world of sports, and in between, Crystal change your life with something else that has nothing to do with professional or a mandressed.
Speaker 4: Got that right.
Speaker 2: Weird moment last night.
Speaker 9: So Alexandro of Vetchkin score says nine hundredth goal, the first player in NHL history to score nine hundred. He's the all time goal leader, of course, but he puts the number nine hundred, and then Jordan Bennington is Jordan, right, Jordan? I think Jordan, Yeah Bennington, the goalie tries to hide the puck in his pants and it's on camera. He didn't do it like super slyly. He did it pretty obviously and you know, the light of day, everybody saw him do it.
Speaker 2: It was on camera.
Speaker 9: I don't think the capitals think it's super funny though, Like even Ovechkin was like, I don't really have a comment about that. Wow, And I didn't see that, so maybe I'm maybe maybe the tones different if I saw Ovechkin say it with a smile. But according to the ESPN story a story, the Caps weren't super big fans of him trying to pocket the nine hundredth goldpuck greasy unless that wrong. They did it back and it was no big deal. But interesting play to pocket number nine hundred. Yeah, you're not a fan, You're you're the goalie of the the guy that he just.
Speaker 2: The money. I don't know, yeah, maybe he never hit on. That's good.
Speaker 9: Anyway, number nine hundred for Ovechigan and Bennington tried to pocket it.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 5: I don't know how he thought he was gonna get away with that. I don't know, right, I mean maybe maybe right, like like that's something idea. I'd be like, yeah, I'm gonna put this bands now, great.
Speaker 4: Get it out of there. You want to get it, you know, yeah, yeah, you know, and then we'd make love.
Speaker 2: There's a snake in my boots, yeah, said, yeah, I just saw it. I'm not going to comment, okay, interesting, Yeah, all right, it was just trying to be funny.
Speaker 5: John Phillips, SUSA warned Congress that phonographs would destroy music, saying the vocal cord will be eliminated as was the tale of Man. The March King who helped invent the susophone called phonographs infernal machines and their output canned music. So, you know, sort of like people are saying about AI. Even back then, John Phillips Sousa said that the record player was going to kill music.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know how you just said so is the tale of Man.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you could probably add this to the list of things I've admitted on the show.
Speaker 2: We're like, how did I not know that until I was an adult? Like again, Getty Lee being a man and know that until I joined his show Bed Bugs the whole bit, Right, you just said, so is the tail of man. You know how long it took me to realize why our tailbone is called our tailbone?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I just thought it was like, oh, it's behind us, it tails us. Uh nope, Right, And you guys are looking at me like you don't know this either.
Speaker 2: Did we evolve? We used to have tails. We used to have tails.
Speaker 9: It took me way too long to connect it to I just thought it was it's behind us. It's like, it's it's it trails us, it's you know, it's the tale, good name for it. Nope, it's because our ancestors. Yeah, we evolved from the species that had tails. It's literally our tailbone. It's what's left of the tail.
Speaker 5: Crazy nuts. Yeah, so you learned something that's pretty cool. The loss of the tail is also linked the evolution of bipedalism.
Speaker 4: See the ability to walk.
Speaker 9: We stood up tail goes and still have the remnants of the old tailbone.
Speaker 13: That really think that our tail was sort of like a kangaroo where it was kind of like an extra appendage where you could use it. Say so, because kangs will likely use it. They'll prop themselves on their tail. It's like strong enough to like kickstand.
Speaker 9: So, but that's a good question for evolutionary biologist because I would argue, if your tail is just for show.
Speaker 2: Right, just for just for showing it off balance or something right, versus a functional tale that helps.
Speaker 9: I would think a functional tale is way more likely to stay because it has a purpose. Things that don't have a purpose more likely to fade off because if they don't necessarily help you survive.
Speaker 2: I'm the wrong person asked, but that's a good question. That's a great point though, good cue. That was a good cue. It is, but it's like wisdom teeth people, wisdom teeth.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, yeah, your appendix, right right, we don't don't need that.
Speaker 2: What else did you guys get rid of a choice? What else would I get rid of? You go first, Tommy, I'm going to ask you the question that I think you're leaning towards them, and I'm just gonna ask you. Do you believe men should have nipples? Oh? Yeah, probably there's no reason for him, but it'd be weird if you didn't. Yeah, it really there's.
Speaker 9: One big torso with nothing on it. Let me ask it a different way, Tommy. Do you prefer men with nipples? It makes it more normal to have nipples?
Speaker 2: Sure? Fair enough? Okay, well good, good, ay to my Q. Yeah good.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna guess that it was just I'm glad we don't have tails, because that'd just be another thing that you guys have bigger ones than.
Speaker 2: I also heard that one more thing that that's an absolute no pun intended paid in the ass to clean stubby. It's just really bad.
Speaker 14: But did you guys read the article that I sent you guys on the on the text thread. Oh sure, it's everywhere. Mind, it's all over t m z U.
Speaker 2: Khalil. Yeah. The short of it is.
Speaker 9: That, the short of it is is that Matt Khalil's marriage fell apart because she claimed he was basically two coke cans and that it wouldn't So here's my question.
Speaker 2: I think she said two and a half coke. That was her reference. I didn't read it.
Speaker 4: Actually, I just thought that that is the greatest gift any woman could give you.
Speaker 2: So can I ask you a question.
Speaker 9: Here's why I don't get this what I'm going to go out on a giant limbar. I'm going to go on a giant limb and say they probably had relations before marriage, So don't you know what you're signing up for?
Speaker 2: But she probably thought that I'll get used to it, I'll get you. I love him. You're in that where tough break man. Literally, you know what's weird and the story's weird, like the two coke cans bit. He's only thirty three years old. Why isn't he still playing? He just fade all good that badly he's a first rounder. Yeah he's I thought he'd be like all right, but hey, let's got run with something, let's get let's go back to Chris for a second.
Speaker 9: Can let's let's think about this for a second. This is like when we did seven straight hours about a lucky man guy.
Speaker 2: Whatever. This is my dream, right, this is Chris.
Speaker 9: This is an example of it sounds good on paper, and I know this is temporarily your dream, but it's much like Brendan Fraser Fraser in uh be Dazzled. I don't think you want this. I really don't. I think you want to No, I don't. I think you want somewhere in between. You don't want this because ultimately this isn't the goal.
Speaker 2: We're talking with her height it sounds like bo sounds like both which is wide and too tall. I think it's she basically came to destruction. Look at that. No way, That's what she says. And the thing is like, this is his ex wife. You're not trying to burn him.
Speaker 13: She's just like listen, you know, things just kind of like this was a main reason, like a main issue in our relationship, Like she didn't want to be intimate with him ever because.
Speaker 2: Like was too much.
Speaker 8: Can we can we just talk about him at USC? I just can't believe you're you're you're a first team All American consensus number one tackle in the draft, and then you have this thing under you can you imagine, see I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: The loosest.
Speaker 8: Well, that's the one thing like as us a lineman, we're kind of known for not having that, you know.
Speaker 2: And then that's the thing, I mean for the most for.
Speaker 4: The most part.
Speaker 8: And then it would be like, yeah, but you're gonna take a position group that's gonna have the smaller on the smaller end.
Speaker 2: It's going to be an alignment you did. It's kind of a known thing.
Speaker 13: I also I also think that it's it's the shed is pretty big, right, like the tool. The tool's probably fine. It just hidden by the shed, correct, exactly? Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 8: Interesting, So like when he has something like this and then you got hips and then you're a first rounder All American.
Speaker 2: Top five pick. Unbelievable. Isn't this an example though, of like.
Speaker 9: You don't necessarily want to be the valedictorian, You just want to be an a student.
Speaker 2: Nope, Nope, you want to be called two coke camps. I think Chris does.
Speaker 4: I definitely do.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were all kind of forgetting about Matt Kalil just all of us. We haven't thought about him in five minutes, is right. I would have.
Speaker 9: Guessed he was forty. I'm sorry, he's thirty six. His wife is thirty. See that makes more sense. I would have guess he was closer to forty, but yeah, she's thirty. Well how long did he end up playing? Nine years? Ten years? He played because he went to Carolina? Yeah right, yeah, man, we thought he was the thing. Remember you know, remember that it was fall flat for Matt. We thought he was going to be the number one pick.
Speaker 2: In the draft, and we're like, we got him anyway, and then just got injured and just didn't never wasn't that good and just wasn't it wasn't really all that good.
Speaker 4: Do you know him, Ben? Do you remember?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know him at all. Seem perfect example, full circle. He essentially had a kangaroo tale that was functional and it ended up ruining everything. See got to get rid of it. Do you know?
Speaker 8: Do you know?
Speaker 2: USC had him and Tyrone Smith as their book. He was the backup to Tyrone Smith.
Speaker 8: Think of that.
Speaker 2: That's what it says here. Yeah, what so have I told you the story about those two? I don't know who to go on.
Speaker 8: So Eddie was a freshman, red shirt freshman, so he's doing all the special teams too. So right, so the guy on field goal, the guy right next to him is the guard, and that's who always gets double teamed and pushed back. USC with Pete Carroll when they came to town was Tyrone Smith, Matt Khalil double team and Eddie as a freshman signed to block a field How.
Speaker 2: Do you not good? I think he held his own, but like, think of that, think of.
Speaker 8: Those two monsters, brilliant having your two tackles go on field goal block.
Speaker 2: I don't know why more people don't do that and just drive him back. Were you just a slight bit jealous that he got double teamed and you did not cheesz especially by two coke cans? He played? He played? Uh, he didn't play the twenty nineteen season because he was cut by the Texans. Have any of you guys turned around, by the way, in the last five minutes he had his hands together, said anything like that. He's basically been praying on camera.
Speaker 9: Carris hopefully had the camera on and most of the time, here's here's what I've learned.
Speaker 2: Just watching Chris Pray for the last five minutes.
Speaker 9: If a Genie came down and asked all of us right now, do we want to be in the top ten percent or the world record holder?
Speaker 2: I think I would take a ten percent. Ben would take a ten percent, Tommy would take a ten percent, Sauce would take a ten percent, and Chris would say, I want the world record and make it a double right. He wants to be at the top of the list.
Speaker 4: I just can't imagine, like, like, how do you ever have a bad day?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, when you have a bad day is like if it just stops working the way you want it to work. And then you're like, I've got this really impressive like tool and I can't use it.
Speaker 2: You know, Ben, like a kangaroo tail. Yeah, you know, I like t the podcast You walk in the room and I had two coke cans.
Speaker 5: Everybody like like everybody like, you know, I don't know who that guy is over there, but the room just got cooler in here because he walked in. You know, if I had a penis like that, I wouldn't do anything weird. I wouldn't, but you would.
Speaker 2: All know, Oh yes, you would all know it.
Speaker 4: You would all know, and you would respect me.
Speaker 2: Find would respect you so much more, you really would.
Speaker 4: You'd be like that guy's got nothing. He lives in the car down by the river, not even van. He can't afford a van.
Speaker 2: Apparently doesn't have enough money for jeans because he wears sweatpants.
Speaker 4: You can't find jeans that a hold that monster? Do you think there's a zipper in the world just going to take care of that?
Speaker 2: All your vacation picks look like Greg Norman just walking.
Speaker 4: On the can't wear.
Speaker 2: Then he would walk around and say what is two hundred teeth and holds back a monster and they go, you go my zipper, guys, you guys so good. Yeah Australia, you guys have seen Princess Brian correct.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the scene where where the humperture basically tries to kill Wesley by flipping that thing all the way to the top.
Speaker 2: And the guy goes, would be Chris that the pen island tarnsments, when the rest of us are like, why don't.
Speaker 9: You knock that thing up a couple of notches and then we'll call it a day.
Speaker 2: So Chris throw it to the top. God, that'd be nice.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you, because the amount of people in the world that actually ever experience.
Speaker 4: It with you very very few.
Speaker 2: Okay, how about this? Well, and they die afterwards.
Speaker 8: I've never been in a situation when I've showed that part of someone of me to somebody where their mouth like is jaw dropping, you know.
Speaker 6: What I mean.
Speaker 2: And to be honest, that's what Chris has always said. I don't even know he wants the actual intercourse. He just wants.
Speaker 5: I don't like hurting people, but I want them to go like this. I want Yeah, here's the thing. I want guys and gals to make that noise, you know.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go.
Speaker 4: Like if you're in a road rage accident, if you get out of your car and.
Speaker 2: You just why are you raging?
Speaker 4: I'm not pissed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well but.
Speaker 8: He did.
Speaker 4: You know what he does. I get out of the car. He's the way to fight.
Speaker 5: Before he gets to my door, I just you know, pulled down my trousers and he just puts his head in his hands, slowly walks back to his car, drives home, goes in the garage, shuts the garage door.
Speaker 4: Let's the car idol.
Speaker 8: If it's coins he has to think about where he's putting it in, like in his pants when he's playing.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 8: I remember in high school guys would talk about it and I didn't. They're like, what side you put it on? I'm like, man, just this goes away. You're turning to get dressed.
Speaker 5: Man, And you know what it's like A it's like a It's like Cinderella Slipper situation too, when you finally find the.
Speaker 4: Lady it fits you know what I mean? You found heaven. That's like, oh, it's you. It's like it's like a soulmate situation. It's like, my.
Speaker 2: It sounds like Matt Khalil needs to go to the Holland Tunnel. More of the powers you wanted you after this on the fan?
Speaker 5: You see that that hotline there? Oh, by the way, I did you have something you need to read back there? By the way, if you got a vibe, you vibe it up? Is it not working again?
Speaker 4: Never mind.
Speaker 2: Karas Mike's not working.
Speaker 4: She said it was. She thought it was. It must not be working bear cal Berra be anyway.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 9: We had Kevin yesterday, Nicholas tomorrow. Jack's gone these three days.
Speaker 4: Thank yeah, he'll be in here later today too, and the uh the.
Speaker 9: One day we do a ten minute segment about Matt Khalil's thing. Right, I was like, wow, great, I'm so happy I'm here for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, sorry, Well, a good thing.
Speaker 9: We don't have HR anymore? Yeah, correct, Otherwise we'd get marched down there. They'd go have a seat in Rosen's chair. We have to have a talk.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The hotline over there, that is UH one and only Fargo flash. We call him Justin Kazemias.
Speaker 10: Hi, Justin, Hi, buddy, really not have HR anymore? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, why sure? Yeah? Why ask yourself this? Well, that's the thing, ask yourself this, que Justin. Would half the staff still be here if we did?
Speaker 10: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: I'm not even sure we still have health insurance?
Speaker 2: Brother, Oh we have to sign up for today's the deadline.
Speaker 4: I know, but I'm not sure that's real.
Speaker 2: Too. I got responsibilities now, Yeah, you sure do. But yeah, you got to actually look into like what you're doing. Yeah. Oh I just clicked through it. Oh yeah, click through. They'll figure it out for it.
Speaker 9: They got you justin the Minnesota Golden Gophers in dramatic fashion, found a way to win last week in overtime. It was a very frustrating what final three quarters, but they figured it out when it mattered. Now they have a bye week, they have the week off before they face number nine Oregon.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean we we said that was important to try to go four and known that mid season stretch between playing the Ohio State buck Eyes and heading to Oregon and having the bye week. So they went three and one. I'd say a little bit of a limp to the finish, but they got it done. A win is a win, and every win in the Big Ten is difficult. Probably made a little bit more difficult than we needed to. I was excited to see how Drake Lindsay finished. He finished strong, and you know he had to do a lot, going sixty five yards in a little little round about a minute on the clock and took the team down and scored. So there are some things to build on. I think right now, it's November football. In November football is when it gets pretty serious. And when you look at the logjam and the Big Ten between teams like Michigan, Iowa, USC Washington, there's a bunch of teams there with two losses right, and they're all playing each other right, So right now it's kind of about the focus of how do you finish strong and position yourselves for a really good Bowl destination. And you know, is Oregon goinna be a tough one? Yeah, that's me be a tough one. But if you look at the final stretch here, you're going to go to Wrigley Field and play Northwestern, which is building a new stadium. That's why the game's at Wrigley Field, and that's probably a game that we match up a little bit more favorable, although Northwestern has been stronger than we expected in twenty twenty five. And then we'll come back home Thanksgiving weekend to battle for the act. So find yourselves. I'm gonna say eight and four and I think we have a pretty good bold destination off a miracle offset and get to nine and three and we have a really good bold destination. So we're thinking about places like Tampa, Florida, potentially Las Vegas right now.
Speaker 2: A lot of the.
Speaker 10: Experts think that Minnesota lands and the Music City Bowl in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you didn't care for that, Tommy the best music sta in January, we could go rage, Yeah, hood he's on in Nashville. You're not sweating.
Speaker 9: How do YouTube feel about your bet because the k State wildcatcher.
Speaker 2: Three or three? Yeah, I'm not feeling very good about it. Yeah, that's a tough season. It's a tough season. Yeah, ikes will be okay, You'll.
Speaker 8: Be all right?
Speaker 2: Bet ten bucks? What was it it was for? So Fargo Flash? Do you think Iowa has anything for number nine Oregon or not?
Speaker 10: I do you know? So Ben and I were trying to I mean, yeah, it's a tough we would bring in on it. We could agree on bets, and you know we both are I think Iowa it's interesting that sits at six and a half. If that game gets to seven and a half, everyone's taking Iowa. I think it's a tough place to play. You're matching the physicality of Iowa against the speed of Oregon. I think if you look at what happened Tuesday night when the College Football Playoff Committee released their first rankings, you know they don't have a lot of respect for Oregon. Oregon in most in all the rankings, the coaches, the AP, I think they're number six. Well they put them in a number nine, you know, And and So despite having the win at Penn State, which at the time looked like an amazing win, you know, their their best resume builder right now is probably that loss to Indiana, which is obviously isn't great. So Oregon at seven and one, you know, they do control their own destiny. But this is a tough place to play, and I think it's one of those games where if that spread again was a little bit more like, I think Oregon probably gets it done. But I think of like the Indiana game at Iowa, and Iowa lost their quarterback in that game, but Iowa for the most part was in the lead most of that game. Indiana holds on for a twenty to fifteen win. So I think it's going to be can you know, and again, Oregon's had a great defense. We talked about their speed and the physicality a little bit on offense, but defensively they have a great defense. The key in that game will be, well, can Iowa run in average three and a half yards of carry and if they do that, they win the game, and if they can't do that, Oregon wins. So that's one where I'm going to stay away from the betting. My gut tells the Oregon wins, my gut tells me Iowa covers.
Speaker 2: To Justin's point, Oregon when they played Wisconsin was like a thirty five and a half point favorite. Wisconsin has lost now six straight and at the time, they've gone two games without scoring a touchdown and they only won by fourteen. The committee can't wait to kick Oregon out of that playoff. Oregon, as a two loss team, would be out of it, and that has to be playing in the back of their head when they play any game, and that includes the Gopher game a week from Friday. If they lose their out, they don't have the same cachet. It's like Notre Dame does. And as you said, that win against Penn State means nothing now because that Penn State team is hideous.
Speaker 10: Well, it gets me nervous right now. If you think of the college football playoffs, you know Indy, I mean, and I guys, I thought Indiana would have been a ranked ahead of a house date. And I know that sounds crazy, no, but the best win of those two teams is Indiana when they want to add Oregon, so I thought the committee would kind of freak out the country and do that. So again, they're one two. But I've never a spot for the Big Ten is if Oregon for some reason can't win this week and then they can't figure out a way to beat USC or Washington. I think the Big Ten has a bunch of nine and free teams, and I think these two teams in the Big Ten get in, and so it's going to be Indiana, Ohio State. Probably six teams from the SEC and then four from the rest of the conferences. So I think it's I mean, if you're a Big Ten fan, you got to hopefully see someone in the in November. Finished with just two losses, but they all play each other. Those teams I mentioned, Washington, Michigan, Iowa. I mean, I love Michigan and they're ten and two they you know, or they're eight and two, but they host Ohio State. I don't think they're going to I know that's the big rivalry, but I having to think that Ohio State went that game, so the Big Ten could n't. Might they might again, as Hawk says, they have the two best, but I think they likely have two, maybe three teams get into the College football playoffs.
Speaker 2: Ben check this out. Ohio State number one so far, two hundred and ninety three points scored, have given up just fifty five, Right, pretty good, two ninety three. Yeah, it's good to fifty five.
Speaker 9: But the number two Hoosiers have given up ninety seven and have scored four hundred and eighteen points.
Speaker 2: They've they've out scored their last two opponents one hundred and eleven to sixteen.
Speaker 10: My god.
Speaker 9: Even in the Conference the Hoosiers two sixty two to seventy four.
Speaker 8: Wo Hey, just I think your your thoughts on the Big Ten only getting two in. I think you could make the same argument though for like the SEC, because if you look at the middle of the road for the SEC teams like Tennessee is six and three and they like they're not gonna make it, and then there's a it's just the top tier.
Speaker 2: You just got to survive the next three games if you're like a Bama.
Speaker 8: But what I think, I think there's gonna be two Big Ten teams, three SEC and then the rest will be Just want Miami not to get snubbed this year and get in.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm scared about. I want Notre Dame to lose and get out.
Speaker 10: The tough thing for the SEC and the Big ten. Is what happens is the minute you go down below teams that are ten and two, so two lost teams you have, you'd have just a I mean sick the team to deal with. And that's just a lot to figure out. But you're right, Tommy, I think they both are beating up each other. I do think the general thought is the set the SEC is probably deeper, and so that's obviously you know, a little bit of favoring. Do they pick do they pick up three, four and five teams?
Speaker 13: Potentially justin you didn't like you didn't like the uh my Texas Tech option, I really thought that.
Speaker 2: You jump is that game day this week? I don't know. I think I was.
Speaker 13: I proposed that Tech I would take Texas Tech favored by ten playing a one lost b YU team.
Speaker 2: Wow, and he'd you know it.
Speaker 10: But but you'll ben BYU just they haven't. They're undefeated. This is what's crazy, guys, undefeated number seven BYU fixed in one or eight to one, Texas Tech number eight, ten and a half points in Vegas always knows something. And what you see here is a BYU team that's never been in a top ten matchup. They're on the road, and we look at their body of work. Most of the games they've come back by after being giving up big leads early, and they just haven't beaten anyone. That's I'm with Ben. I actually think Texas Tech probably covers in a pretty big way. And this this is a game, by the way, that we will likely see I think Ben in another month and when they'll face off for the Big twelve championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very possible.
Speaker 5: Well, so just real quick as we get ready to go to break here. I don't know if there's a bet involved. I don't know what's going on. There is Oregon will destroy Iowa. And I'm not trying to be mean to any listeners out there are fans of Iowa. I can't imagine the scenario where Oregon does not destroy.
Speaker 2: I would love action. I'll take that. Oh, you got a lot of takers and speak so I think I would be on Hawk's side, would you. What's the line coming off the bay? Well, yeah, I see six and a half. They as they as I just said, they know if they lose their out that that the the committee wants them out. They have to win the next couple of games, have to put on at absolute clinic. They have to blow up. But I mean, yeah, and as much as I'm now on the Gopher side, that'll be if that could be, that could be just a massacre. Six and a half. They have to put up points. If you don't take the bet with Hawk, I.
Speaker 4: Will, Well, it depends on what the money is.
Speaker 2: I I you know, what do we tell you to go fifty apiece? If you want to do both?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll do that. But what's the number again?
Speaker 2: Six and a half?
Speaker 10: Six and a half right now?
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, I'll do it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna win what five.
Speaker 10: And a half though it's been moving around a little bit, I'll.
Speaker 4: Lock into six and a half.
Speaker 2: Fifty fifty piece? Yeah, yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 5: Man, they Oregon always reminds us when they play a team like this how much speed they have even this year. Yeah, and Iowa can't compete with that. And I think we got poisoned by watching Iowa run over the Gophers. We think they're better than they are.
Speaker 8: But like you guys, I saw Oregon stick around with Northwestern earlier this season.
Speaker 2: They didn't pull away to the third fourth.
Speaker 8: They are coming outside what you said right before, like they haven't had dominating wins at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just don't. I don't feel like now they have to they their last four games, they play three ranked teams Iowa, USC, and Washington to get Yeah.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 10: So Ben and I landed on UH number five Georgia. Kirarts taking his crew on the road to what I think is one of the most difficult places to play right now in the SEC. He's at Mississippi State, which, by the way to the Huntington Bank Stadium for the second game of the year next year. Wow, Mississippi State is plucked nine and a half and I'm taking Mississippi State to cover at home nine and a half points, and Ben's taking the.
Speaker 4: You're get Khalil.
Speaker 2: Wow, brilliant, he said, and Alf, Oh my god, that'll be a good game. Hey, I'll take We couldn't settle on one.
Speaker 13: I don't think we both feel very comfortable about this week, but I will take them Bulldogs going into Stark, Vegas.
Speaker 2: Do they have that them? Yeah? Yeah, that's a tough place. How about this?
Speaker 10: Is anyone interested in taking Centennial Mine and minus seven and a half to night versus Morehead in high school playoffs? I'll take more high school playoffs.
Speaker 2: I'll take more I'll take Morehead just because of the name. No, No, No, their quarterbacks back. I actually looked into this because I knew Justine is going to say so.
Speaker 8: The quarterback was out all year and then they went to they beat they beat someone, the number two team last last week's six beat.
Speaker 10: Yeah points they put up on him.
Speaker 2: My gosh, this quarterbacks. The real that more Head's gonna win the whole thing. Well, sounds like you guys have a bet.
Speaker 4: So we have a bet? Do we have a bet?
Speaker 2: What's the price? No?
Speaker 10: No, I'm taking I'm on more He was trying to swim someone.
Speaker 2: You gotta look through this just character. He's all right. Thanks Flash Slashy guys.
Speaker 9: My buddy Jessic Consibus Chrys will do the news after this more with Tommy Olsen and Ben Leeb.
Speaker 2: This is the power. Tim morning Ting, a fan