Speaker 1: This is Rover's Morning Glory. Rover, how can I ran in the same circle us.
Speaker 2: We're talking to me for a year.
Speaker 3: Charlie was a wombat man, Jeffrey one to me things is a green Oh my god, screaming on Roverradio dot Com. Rovers Morning Glory, stuys Now, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, what's happening?
Speaker 4: It is Wednesday, August fifth, twenty twenty six. Good morning, Throver's whatd of glory? I'm Rover, Doucie is here, the mine Star, Charlie is here. Hi, Sinzer is here. Amen, Crystal is here.
Speaker 1: Hello, and mister Jeffrey, all the rocks in the.
Speaker 5: Fire box and thinking of the Lord that I'm alive and doing fine.
Speaker 1: You were with us as well.
Speaker 4: Eight six six go Rover eight six six nine sixty seven six eighty three seven.
Speaker 1: That's how you reach the show. Give us a call at that number. You can text us.
Speaker 4: At that number that comes into the studio in real time. You can also text the word menu to that number, and only the word menu that gives you some options to set your profile, picture, your name, your location.
Speaker 1: That way we know who's texting into the show.
Speaker 4: You can also make a video call into the show by texting the word menu. Since you'll it will send you a link. You just have to It's very simple. You just have to text the word menus eight sixty six.
Speaker 1: Go Rover.
Speaker 4: I'll get to your email here in just a moment. I'm loading that up right now. We have a lot to discuss today. I was wasn't a great day yesterday.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 4: Some tech issues that we were working through and continue to work through. But I don't know, It's always something, you know, it just pops up out of the blue.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 4: How I was just everything's humming along and then just thinks, stop working one day and you haven't touched anything.
Speaker 2: How'd you know that it went down? People started.
Speaker 6: Knowing?
Speaker 1: Or was it now?
Speaker 4: The first thing was that the shows didn't publish properly through our automation system, and so it's like, okay, what's going on? Usually you know that happens from time to time, that particular thing. But then it just got a snowballed from there. But anyway, what can you do? And then I saw that I was up late last night working on stuff, and then I went to get into bed, and I believe.
Speaker 1: I want to clock this morning.
Speaker 2: Actually earlier as usual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we wake up at five, it's not too fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I go to get into bed at one and the cat is just looking at me already on the bed, just looking at me.
Speaker 1: Like you're too late, dude.
Speaker 7: Sorry, you're sleeping in the other room now, because yeah, I thought you were going to move the blanket that keeps the cat comfortable in the middle.
Speaker 4: No, it's a blanket that covers the whole bed. It's like our new blanket. So the cat gets a sleep wherever she wants. And she's sleeping just right where right where I would be taking up you know, of course, going sideways can't be going lengthwise with the bed.
Speaker 1: It has to be going across the bed.
Speaker 4: And from the corner of the bed, the right hand corner, all the way.
Speaker 1: As far as she stretched. That means I now have to.
Speaker 4: Squeeze in right next to my wife on a little sliver of real estate of the bed, and the cat just not impressed, not how helpful, not gonna move. And I don't know, I feel bad if I if I make the cat move?
Speaker 1: Is that wrong to feel bad?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so either, But my wife is it's rude. But you know what, in the in the wild kingdom where animals come from.
Speaker 1: There's rude stuff all the time.
Speaker 4: They bite each other, they attack each other, they do all sorts of stuff.
Speaker 2: And that just kind of gently scoocher by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she my wife yells at me if I if I do something like that.
Speaker 5: It's also like to say that you have a pretty stubborn cat.
Speaker 1: Once that cat is I'm gonna say, wife, you have a pretty stubborn wife.
Speaker 5: What now, I'm just saying the cat's pretty stubborn, because once your cat has has made made herself comfortable, she moving, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Does your dog sleep in your bed?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's all over the house, Like he sleeps in the bed for a little bit, then he goes and he sleeps on the floor.
Speaker 7: Does he spoon or does he do the foot of the bed like the cat.
Speaker 1: He takes up a little bit of space. But you can kind of just kick him a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say kick, I don't kick Rush.
Speaker 1: Canceled, Charlie.
Speaker 4: He's kicking his dog abusing Like there's like that guy who they tried to cancel whatever that who is it?
Speaker 1: An NFL player and they're like, kick this dog in the head.
Speaker 2: Did that guy did kick a dog?
Speaker 4: It was like a nudge. It was really crazy what people were saying there. Let me see here, Charlie's our trans code or stuff not moving stuff over?
Speaker 1: It looks like me let me work on that. Wait. What a day yesterday? Anyway?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Slayd Rights, Good morning Rover. Even though I know I'm a little late with this, I still would like to congratulate you on finishing your marathon in London. You are really amazing. You inspire a man's man, proving to everyone that it can really be done. I mean, I, like everyone else, did not really expect you to complete those twenty six miles without a serious injury or death. I bet Charlie was entertaining a thought in his head that you're going to quit halfway through and call you a sissy, but you did it. Personally, I think the entire crew should have been there on the finish line with you to embrace the roaring cheers, applause, handing you the boss a bottle of cool apparol, sprints and bumping you in the air gently with many hands like they do at the World Cup. So thank you for this marvelous fit for inspiring people like myself here to start my own marathon in Rochester, maybe even wearing a Cruising with jlr T shirt. I think Erie Canal is a good place to start. It's long and safe. Have a great the great rest of the week, he says, and remember stay high rated. Well, thank you. I do what I can to inspire. I'm always trying to uplift people. Yeah, very good, ye, and show that you can do it. The power of positivity. That's what I'm known for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very positive.
Speaker 1: Yep. In fact, that was.
Speaker 4: Besides Rover, my other radio name that I considered was mister Positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, love it ye yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's what they'll put on my gravestone, mister Positive, charitable man. He was always just so positive when I came to everything, and just wanted everyone to feel loved and inspired and.
Speaker 1: On their journey, powerful journey.
Speaker 4: Yes, and and remember do Better lost to be on my gravestone.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 4: I would come up out of my grave if they put that on my head stone. If du Better was on there, I'd be like a zombie. I'd come up and I'd crush that headstone. I would be so incensed. Let's see here, let's see Carly says, now, I can't even get to this first sentence.
Speaker 2: Here, just don't read that one word.
Speaker 4: That's talking about her son. His name is Wyatt. He's been a huge fan since his literal birth. Thirty six hours of labor was thirty six hours of Rover.
Speaker 1: Anyways, Jeffrey.
Speaker 4: Or Jeffrey ala laroque as why it only refers to him as is my favorite and he finds him so entertaining. Rover unfortunately has mentioned as hatred for kids one too many times for why it's liking. I don't have a hatred of kids. What are you talking about? No, No, my wife has a hatred of kids. I don't have a hatred of kids. Snitzer is also a favorite, since he's a vegetarian who lives in Cape Coral, Florida, not not Stincher.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming the kid, not Snitch. I used to live in m oh Maybe she means who lived Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, Stugie. He loves you and Charlie both as well. I was hoping, since you don't do stuff, maybe he could give him a quick hay hey, Wyatt, he said, A tough summer and could really use some love. We'll see. That's getting back to me being inspiring and mister positive. Wyatt whatever, whatever, whatever you're facing this summer, you got this, you got this. We can do this.
Speaker 2: Together.
Speaker 7: Yep has one. It takes a village. They I think there's a picture. I just sent a snit of Wyatt.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how do you know what's why?
Speaker 2: Because I talked to the mom last night.
Speaker 1: A White's the kid? Yeah, what do you mean he talked to the mom last I.
Speaker 7: Didn't think that you would really read the whole thing because you don't do these particular kinds of eleventh Special days. Whyatt is eleven eleventh Special days? So I decide for what she's talking about.
Speaker 1: Just stomped it.
Speaker 4: I you know, I worse than dropping an F bomb last night.
Speaker 2: And then they sent a picture and still putting the picture up.
Speaker 7: Yes, because Wyatt was screaming through the house.
Speaker 4: Ah. Oh, he's holding his pocket Peeve. That's so cute? Is that peach?
Speaker 1: Right? Christ eleven years old? He can't get enough of that Robert thing?
Speaker 4: It is it?
Speaker 1: O Uh, let's.
Speaker 4: See Lazarus right, So you we're over listening to Monday Show and Snitzer talking about charging his truck.
Speaker 1: I'm not understanding the convenience claim.
Speaker 4: Snitt said it took one and a half hours on a high speed charger to get two hundred miles worth of energy, and it costs thirty eight dollars, even with gas being a dollar more than it was last year. It's cheaper, way, way, way faster to fill up with gas and to use internal combustion engines. Thirty eight dollars gets me nine gallons of gasoline in about one minute and two hundred and seventy miles of range. What is so convenient about plugging in for an hour and a half. I know Snitch thinks he's helping to save the planet, but most of the state's electricity is made with.
Speaker 1: Coal.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was convenient.
Speaker 1: It's not convenient.
Speaker 4: I said it was convenient, not to charge at a charger, to charge at home. It's it's it's very convenient, but definitely at the charge at a charger at home. I'm sure at home you just plug in and that's it.
Speaker 5: Hey, just plug the car in your garagical What about your business until you have to drive again, which you'll be in the next morning.
Speaker 4: Let me try something here. Give me one second. I gotta we had all sorts of issues. I don't know what that's going on with our what's going on with our automation system over here?
Speaker 1: Now world and here we.
Speaker 8: Go, and let me just make sure this is working. Yeah, the fart box camera was off today too. Fart box camera. I had to unplug it and plug it back in if we were under attack from Chinese hackers.
Speaker 1: Think so oh, let's see.
Speaker 4: Chris says, you're over I just got this in mail. I thought you would appreciate it. Live long and prosper hydration is overrated. He says, all right, let me see here. All right, it's mister Spock. It's some sort of I'm not sure exactly what it.
Speaker 1: Is, saysn't it bottom? Right? A gorero pure silver?
Speaker 4: Is this it?
Speaker 1: Right? Huh? Right? Your pure silver? I see that. What is that? Is that?
Speaker 4: Like a Is it a silver bar with Spock's face on it? I think, so, oh, this is what he's investing in, Spock silver bars. That's right. I'm putting all mine in. Captain Kirk gold bullyon. I'm out of the stock market. Remember I told you the stock apocalypse is coming.
Speaker 2: You said that like for the last twelve years.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I say that.
Speaker 4: I believe I said that on Friday, and just yesterday, I think the stock market reaches all time high.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I can't time it specific.
Speaker 4: Oh my balance not going up or down now because I'm I'm out of the stock game.
Speaker 2: Mind's up huge big time.
Speaker 4: Uh Jenny, right, Just remember, dude, what goes up us come down. I would start thinking, you know, it's it's not that I don't believe in the AI stuff.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: AI's great, It's going to transform all sorts of things. It's just that the companies that people are investing in, they are investing in such a a like a value to you know. I'm not a I'm not a I'm not a business analyst. I'm not an investor, I'm not a stockbroker. I don't know what all the proper phrases are. But maybe it's your price to earnings.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I gotta say, Robert, you were kind of like smart off getting out of stock about given the volatility of the stock market these days.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, people are buying companies and they're two hundred times earnings or whatever, normally would be like twenty and it's just I mean, we've seen it happen before. We've seen a play out before many many times in various things, and people just become they're like, oh, this time is different.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like.
Speaker 4: Stock market's kind of like a husband that beats up his wife and then the white we're all battered wife syndrome. People will buy stocks and we're like, no, maybe this time is different. Seriously, I think this time is different. Now stock market is going to punch you in the face again.
Speaker 2: Jeez, that's a horrible. It's just not sure.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 4: It might be this week, might be next week, might be next month, might be sometime next year.
Speaker 5: But if people recall what happened like ninety eight years ago, ninety eight years ago, what was that the stock market ninety excuse me, stock.
Speaker 1: Marker, remember that nobody was alive back then.
Speaker 5: No, but that was what brought up the Great Depression, was the stock marker crash in nineteen twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Don't you have other ones?
Speaker 5: We could look at the one in nineteen eighty seven, what about another one? Uh? Those are the two or two that just come to my mind. But the one in twenty nine was what brought on there. There's nothing I'm saying. I'm saying there were other stock market crashes through the years. What's the most recent one you can think of? Probably I don't know, like two thousand and eight when the housing bubble crash.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's one to look at. What about another one?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess said, I'm just going by the ones I can remember right off the top.
Speaker 2: Of my head.
Speaker 4: Every whe every company just put an E in front of their name and they go, yeah, we're in an internet company now, and the.
Speaker 5: Dot com bubble, uh huh So. But I'm just saying, in nineteen twenty nine, when a stock park, when a stock marker crash out brought on the Great Depression, it took World War two to get us out of it.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe Trump is a genius. Maybe that's why we're in. We're starting World War three right now.
Speaker 1: What do you think I mean?
Speaker 5: That's not that's not gonna look good for him as I could have him a bubble. So that's why I'm going That's why I'm glad I did not. I never invested in the stock market because it's like I said, the unpredictable.
Speaker 2: Volatility of it, A lot of money in the stock market.
Speaker 1: Well, dougi, I feel free here. I did look up the stuff that I bought, and I bought Google. I can't even remember how long ago it was.
Speaker 4: I mean it was it was a long time ago, about the time that they came out, not like right when they came out, because I wasn't that smart. Yeah, but uh, I looked at that recently, and that is up something like what was it like six thousand percent from when I bought it. I bought it a long time ago, and I didn't have that much money in it. I bought what I had. I had, like, I don't know, five thousand, ten thousand, I don't know. I don't even did you No, I still have it. It's up six thousand, Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 4: How much money do I have? How you cash out all your stocks? I forgot about to do it in that one. It's a different account, and I've had those ones for so long that I'm not going to mess with those. And it's not that much money that I put in that one.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot.
Speaker 2: How many accounts do you have?
Speaker 4: Well, I have I have some stuff that it just too really, but that was like I opened up those like on a trading platform.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know, I sound like Stenser now right, I ask a questions very very shaty twenty years ago. I've given this a lot of credit.
Speaker 5: At least steps back, takes an analytical look what's going on so we can make the right stock related decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ask a question.
Speaker 4: Yep, he's always analyzing everything perfectly safe, move SpaceX down whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's genius, got it all figured out.
Speaker 7: Asking for a friend, Yes, when did you buy all that Google stock? Were you in a relationship at the time, shared bank accounts?
Speaker 1: I'm married, So are you.
Speaker 2: Using money that you were Why? Because engaged somebody was.
Speaker 1: In debt and didn't make any money. So while that.
Speaker 7: Money is girlfriend didn't make any money because the boyfriend, she was more concerned about, saying you make the money.
Speaker 4: Maybe the girlfriend is now the ex girlfriend and she's going to end up at the bottom of Lake Erie if she.
Speaker 1: Keeps us up.
Speaker 7: Just wondering if that up six thousand percent, any of that should go to the ex girlfriend who's sitting right.
Speaker 4: Ex girlfriend's going to be down six hundred feet underwater with cement shoes. Don't let me talk to my don't make me talk to my father in law. Jenny writes to all men who are complaining about lack of sex in their relationships, this is why you aren't good in bed anymore, She says, in all caps. Once I met my kid's dad, I never, even with three toddlers, did I refuse to get it on with him. Get over yourself and try something different, new or hot, and see what's what happens if it's not too late. Also, women, you got to tell him what you want and if he still doesn't listen, then let him go. He can f some green grass until again is once king Dingeling status gives them the pick two.
Speaker 1: So that's why.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she's saying that any guy who complains he's not getting late is just terrible in the sack.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's true. Yeah, maybe that is.
Speaker 4: But that guy you dated in Wisconsin or whatever you're talking about him the other day, the.
Speaker 7: Guy that has Google is six thousand dollars for six thousand is that increase?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: Let's see here, Chad says, is this rovers first way?
Speaker 1: More experience?
Speaker 9: Let me see it is? Oh yeah, I've seen this guy.
Speaker 10: A shirtless man brought traffic to a standstill in East Hollywood on Saturday after climbing on top of I guess the intersection on Sunset Boulevard and Edgemont Street. Video from the Citizen app shows the man sitting on the car's crushed windshield, apparently talking to the car.
Speaker 2: He then climbs on top, yelling.
Speaker 1: And ripping off the blidar.
Speaker 10: It's unclear whether anyone was inside at the time during the vandalism. The LAPD later arrived and took the man into custody.
Speaker 2: Waimo has not crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like a couple of weeks ago. I saw that.
Speaker 4: But I guess Chad says, that guy has a passing resemblance to me. You can maybe you can judge from this picture. Does this guy let's see, does this guy right here?
Speaker 1: There he is?
Speaker 4: Let's see, we're there. Does that guy right there look like this guy? Picture that was sent to me from the baseball game on Friday night? So look like that guy's a little bit of resemblance there. Oh, Dougie can't even look. She can't bring herself to look.
Speaker 2: What am I looking at? A very bald guy?
Speaker 4: Your friend who's that Danielle Who the camera woman from the Guardians. Danielle says, hello, everyone, I forgot to send in my picture from Friday's game. Yes, I did find her over No I didn't kneel down next to him and immediately start talking about how much I hate Dougie. I don't care that much about her, clearly as you annoying me. But I'm not obsessed with you like you wish I was. I did tell Rover I miss seeing you in your big forehead though when you were at the game would have been a great time for the forehead debut on the jumbo tron. Yeah, the claim about my bad breath was a weird slam from Duc. She's grasping for straws to try to insult me. I floss and brush my teeth at least twice a day, and I'm a stickler about getting my teeth cleaned every six months. To fax your dental records over here, Danielle, or she's not gonna believe it. It's funny she tried to throw me under the bus with this kind of an insult. Because I can't stand bad breath. I'd never let it myself be the smelly breath lady. Lastly, seventy five percent of my job is being out amongst the fans. Stopping in to say hi to Rover was not avoiding my responsibility. So we're disrespecting the rules of my role, as she alleged it was part of them. I earned this role because I do my job well. I connect with our hosts and patrons and consistently meet expectations. I'm sorry you, Dougie, can't say the same thing.
Speaker 2: Somebody's trying too hard. Dog, what's up.
Speaker 1: She's been there a long time, Doogie.
Speaker 7: She's getting it done, so I'm getting it done. To your no, no her twenty three, you.
Speaker 4: Just have a much more lackadaisical boss than she does because twenty three years of this misery. I don't know how we're still putting up with these shizzy reports that she does every every hour. It's great, Craig says, good morning, Rover. I just wanted to help you guys out. When the listeners come to your door. When they knock on your door, just tell them you rent your house and the landlord lives in Florida. He makes those decisions. They usually don't have an answer for that. And they walk away. Also, just curious if that guy who keeps saying sking doogey out was at her event over the weekend and did he ask her out again? He was oh showed up? Did he ask you out after the event, and did you say let's go? You're persistent? No, I was exhausted. I was on the couch after my event, not going out. I just didn't reply. So if it was a if it was some hot guy that you were lusting after after that event, you would have been too too tired to go out with him too.
Speaker 2: I would have been talking with him and all of that. I just I was tired, dudge.
Speaker 5: What if Matt, what if you were you know, you did your event? You really dog tired? You don't want to go out all of a sudden, Matthew McConaughey or George Cooon, she was up on your doorstep asking you out?
Speaker 1: Would you go out with them? Or turn them down?
Speaker 2: I'd go out with them? Would you no?
Speaker 1: Get I don't, I don't hang.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, if Sophia Laran or Joan Collins or Susan Lucie showed up on my doorstep and I was really tired, would I would.
Speaker 1: Hang out with her?
Speaker 4: You want to hang out with Brad Pitt. I'm not saying to have sex with Brad Pitt. You want to hang out with Brad Pitt if he knocked on your door and.
Speaker 2: So let's go have a bruise.
Speaker 5: Kie probably, I mean, come on, he's a big time celebrity. You want not all right? You and I might have something have had? Yeah, yeah, okay, it is.
Speaker 1: A big celebrity. And I have a big head.
Speaker 5: Funny, all right, I got person only politician I know that puts Douchie's forehead of shame is Alison Moody, from that congressoman from Florida, Alison Moody. She got a bigger forehead than Douchi's. I don't think anyone's ever heard of that chick before. But okay, I'll take congress woman from Florida. I watched it a couple of her. I've watched her. I watched the Anthony Fauci hearing in the Senate last week, and I was like, I was like, man, now that now that's an area.
Speaker 4: That's a super carrier right there for a forehead. All right, I'll have to see a picture of that when we come back right after this. We'll be right back on ROVERI this morning, Glory, Hang.
Speaker 6: On, welcome back to Rovers morning, Glory.
Speaker 4: Kelly says, let me see here, hold on, let me send this. Let me send two pictures over to mister Snitzer. Our video guy, Nick says, was B two at the Guardians game last night. I saw someone that looked like her with a very Italian looking family, sitting three rows in front of us.
Speaker 1: She was actually, yes, she was. She was at the game. I did not go.
Speaker 2: Why not, Oh, because you were having all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, I know I had already planned that to go. I don't do stuff during the week. I'm so dedicated to this job. I have to remind my boss is here all the time. How dedicated I am.
Speaker 1: So she went with her sister or mother and her father.
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 4: She sent me a video of Slider at the mascot kissing my father in law on the lips.
Speaker 1: H Kelly says, my daughter.
Speaker 4: Has my genetics with the big forehead, and even though I gave her the forehead, she still manages to be absolutely stunning. Chin up, Dougie, solidarity with the big foreheads. There's a picture of her young daughter. I don't know how old she is, but look at that nogin dougie.
Speaker 2: She's beautiful. I think she's absolutely beautiful. She's young.
Speaker 4: She does have a hairline that starts it's way back, doesn't it kind of like this she does?
Speaker 1: You don't think.
Speaker 2: So she's a little girl.
Speaker 1: I know. Shall I have bangs? That shall? She'll get it?
Speaker 2: I can't have banks. I have a colic.
Speaker 1: You can't have bangs a collic? What do you mean?
Speaker 7: I have multiple collags in my hairline, So to have banks, I have a side swoop.
Speaker 2: But the camera angle sucks, total ass.
Speaker 1: Don't blame the camera, so blame you.
Speaker 7: You purposely put me in this camera angle so that I would look bad.
Speaker 4: So you can't do bangs. You don't think I can't do straight banks? Well, I Kelly must have a big forehead herself. If she gave the big forehead to her daughter, I guess, But nope, that's some men are attracted to huge foreheads right clearly, yep, all the time. Oh here's a different Oh, yeah, you look so much better from that camera angle. Yeah, you look so much better from that from that way. You're a little out of focus. That's what makes you look so much better.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting botox tomorrow. I'll be smooth Friday.
Speaker 1: Martin Sis.
Speaker 4: Did you ever mention that Archie Taylor Green got married in Las Vegas? This is Jeffrey said that his favorite politician.
Speaker 1: Isn't single anymore.
Speaker 5: Hey, she got married. She got married. Who I mean she's not She's not politics anymore?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 5: So what what you know? I mean, come on, she getting married? She got married in Vegas. Where do you do you know? Your hometown? Guy married guy? I forget the guys. Guy's names. The last name is Glenn, remember the first name offhand, but that's the guy she married.
Speaker 1: So, Charlie, do you have this Russian drone video yet?
Speaker 2: He's listening to audio?
Speaker 1: What's up? Do you have the Russian drone video yet?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: There right now?
Speaker 4: So there's a We were just talking about AI in the future and that kind of stuff. So I'm gotta show you this video in just a second. You can fire up RMGTV at roverradio dot com or with the Rover Radio app on your phone, your tablet, or your TV. There's this, this is our future, and this is frightening. So there's there's video of from over in Ukraine and it's this street vendor. He has this little van there. He's kind of like Dougie with a donut truck. He's got this little van that he's selling. I don't know, maybe food out of or or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't really analyze this video.
Speaker 4: And he's outside his van on a street corner and a Russian drone flies over to his van and he sees the drone this And when I say drone, it's it's weird because sometimes you talk, we'll hear in the war with Iran oh an Iranian drone.
Speaker 1: But those things.
Speaker 4: Are kind of like they look a little bit more like sort of big bulbous missiles. Really like I've seen some of their drones and they don't look like what what you're gonna see in just a moment. They don't look like a consumer drone that you might have at home, made by DJI or something. But this one in Russia looks just like that. It's like it's like a regular drone that you would fly around in your backyard. And this drone, whoever's operating it, I'm sure it's not AI, but at some point it will be AI. Maybe it is AI, I don't know, but at some point there will be AI that's just hunting down people. And the drone is circling the guy's van, so he's like trying to he's trying to keep the van.
Speaker 1: Between him and the drone. It's it's really disturbing.
Speaker 4: And then the uh and then the the the the drone explodes and the guy.
Speaker 1: He wasn't killed, thankfully, he was injured.
Speaker 4: But this is the future of a very very frightening future of.
Speaker 1: What warfare will look like.
Speaker 4: And it will only be more sophisticated because this is probably being operated by some Russian guy from a few miles away as he's chasing this dude around with a drone.
Speaker 1: But imagine that.
Speaker 4: Imagine that you're just out on the street and a drone flies and now it's just it's like a it would be just like what if a bee is flying around here. You're out in the driveway or something, you know, and you're out in your front yard and a.
Speaker 1: Bee where you're ah, it's swamping around.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is really what I mean. Watch this video here here it is I don't think there's audio to this. I don't oh maybe there's he's selling vegetables there by the side of the road.
Speaker 1: There. He is running away because they want to blow him up. That's why.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what do you mean, why are they chasing him?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? It brew him up?
Speaker 4: And did you see how fast that thing? I mean, so what it's doing is it's circling around. This is so disturbing. It's circling around very very slowly. Did you see how fast that thing dove in to attack this guy? By the way, he did survive the blast, but he shuffered shuffer suffered shock and shrapnel injuries. They say, I don't know how this dude survived that. I don't know what he did at the last minute there. But watch the thing. It just dives, it goes.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It just dives right down here he is, he's running around to the driver's side of the of the van, and then it just drives right at him. It blows up what like a foot or two or three away from him. It's hard to tell here exactly, but it blows up right by. Can you imagine this being chased around? And this is not real high tech, This is not super high tech compared to I'm sure what we could be able to create if we wanted to. This is somebody a drone operator. I'm assuming this is not AI. This is a drone operator who is following this guy, watching this guy, and then dives in and just blows. I mean, and this is just a dude selling vegetables.
Speaker 1: He can tell here.
Speaker 4: He's got his van, he's got his boxes of vegetables there that he's pulling out. He's a big you know, he looks to be like a guy I guess they say he's in his fifties, not a physically fit guy running around from this drone. He's got a tent in the back of his van so he can sell his vegetables out of there, like a little umbrella actually set up behind the van.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is Jesus christ Man.
Speaker 4: This is the kind of stuff that's going on over there, and this is the future of warfare. They've been doing this the whole time, in this whole I know, I know, they have like little they have a VR headsets that they wear and then they're just sitting.
Speaker 1: There just find people with drones. Isn't that disturbing though? Yeah, I mean It's one thing if you're going after a soldier.
Speaker 4: This is a guy selling vegetables on the side of the road. Here's somebody that says, eventually there will be no police. Instead will be assigned a drone waiting for us to f up, detected by flock surveillance probably, and then what are they gonna do. They're gonna arrest us, They're gonna bomb us, they're gonna execute us. What are they gonna do? The I have seen another video. I don't know if we ever played it, we might have. There was another disturbing video in you in Ukraine, same thing. It was a drone and it was following these this this guy and his wife. They were trying to make their way just to too and they were elderly. They were trying to make their way. They were behind the front line or whatever. They're trying to make their way I believe, about a mile and a half to the front lines or wherever they would be safe. And this drone comes down and kills the wife, just boom, right in front of her husband. Just blows up the wife right in front of the husband. So now the husband is is like despondent. He throws himself on the ground. He's crying and he said, on his knees next to his dead wife, sobbing, and then the drone comes and kills him too. It's really just incredibly disturbing. We would you do if that were you? You were running around? How would you get away from that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Could you get inside of the van? I know the van could probably, I believe in this article, there's a you can see the front of the van. There's a picture. Maybe stints can grab this where the drone struck the you know, where it blew up, and you can see the damage it caused to the van. Pretty significant damage.
Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 4: See so it right there at the front of the van is where the drone blew up and it's all burnt up and crushed and the windshield is cracked. But I think maybe you get into the van. Now that being said, he's got the back of the van open to sell his vegetables.
Speaker 1: That drone could just fly.
Speaker 2: Right into your van and blow you up right there, yep.
Speaker 1: I mean, how do you get away from something like that?
Speaker 4: He tried running, Yeah he did, but you can't run away from that drone and that thing. The way that it doves so fast. I've never seen that before. That's incredibly frightening.
Speaker 1: Mile Why here's one O five says they can be AI controlled.
Speaker 4: They could be Yeah, absolutely, I don't know if this was probably not, but.
Speaker 1: I mean this is this is like in war. You see all the movies that we've been conditioned to see from.
Speaker 4: World War two, from Vietnam, from wherever, and you think to yourself, up, it's got two sides they're fighting. How the psychological toll it takes in order, even if you're fighting against an enemy.
Speaker 1: I bet you know you don't want to. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to kill anybody. Obviously they're trying to kill me. I'm gonna have to kill them. But I don't want to go to the war. I don't want to do that. And I think if you do, it's probably causes you some sort of psychological for most people, probably causes psychological trauma.
Speaker 1: Seeing and doing things like that. Now you won't have to you just.
Speaker 4: You just program AI to go for any moving human being and it will swoop down and blow them up. Loo says, you shoot the drones with shotguns.
Speaker 2: Well, that's still in theory.
Speaker 4: Maybe, but what happens when it's a drone swarm and it's ten drones.
Speaker 1: And there's all flying around.
Speaker 4: You can't shoot them all, and these one dives, it takes you out, blows you up, and then the remaining nine drones and the swarm they move on to their next target. And you don't want to be strapped up with a shotgun at all times as you're selling your fruits and vegetables.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw another not speaking on the other side, I saw Ukraine sent a.
Speaker 1: Drone over to Russia.
Speaker 4: It was more one of the kind that Iran has, where it kind of looks like a long plane sort of thing, and there was a beach over in Russia and the I think that the Russians tried to shoot this drone down with some sort of anti aircraft gunfire or something. I don't anti drone gunfire. Anyways, the drone ends up crashing right out of the beach. It's like, you see all these people there on the beach, they're in the water, they're lounging on the beach, just hanging out, enjoying the summer, and then a drone comes down and blows them up. I believe that killed three people there, just again innocent civilians, and it's just frightening that we're not going after military targets. We're just killing people who are minding their own business. And that right there is I'm sure a war crime. What we just saw that guy getting attacked with the drone. You can't just attack civilians like that. Patrick says, I fight drones for fun with FPV goggles. You need to look up FPV freestyle videos and see how awesome drones are. It sucks that they're being used for war, but yeah, you can hit tight gaps and do crazy stuff. I've seen some videos where they even know her own racing league and stuff, and and uh, I mean, it is pretty incredible what these people can do when they put on the the the headset and then they can see what the dronesy is and they can really fly into, like he said, in the very tight areas and do some really kind of cool stuff. Natasha says, watch the new episode of Lioness.
Speaker 1: It is exactly this. Is there a new episode of that? I just can back out? Oh it did? I watched? Yeah? What is it? Two seasons of that? Is that? What was out before?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 4: Was it a bad Show, Taylor Sheridan Man, Yeah, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 1: My wifelows it. I can't remember how the I don't remember exactly in season two, how it ended the chick high or did she survive? I don't remember spoiler. I know it's not a spoiler watch, so it's one or the other. Either she dies or she's a I just don't remember. Well, isn't that weird?
Speaker 4: Like there's so much stuff out there on Netflix and on Hulu and HBO Max and Amazon Prime. And when I watch something now, it used to be I could remember what I watch. When I watch something now, I don't remember it. Honest, maybe I'm just getting older. But you could ask me a week you can. Sometimes you get ask me two days later.
Speaker 1: You go, what was it? I go, I don't know how that. I don't know. I don't remember exactly.
Speaker 4: Like it's just it's so disposable because it's so accessible. I think where it used to be, if you found something good to watch, it was kind of like a treat you.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Most of time you're just watching crap yeah, like just crappy sitcoms. But now you're just watching something that you really want to watch every time you watch something, Hey, you have unlimited stuff and that, like there's I watched tons of documentaries and then yeah, I can't keep tracking. You don't know, it's hard to even remember which is which. Cody says, school shooters will just blow up victims from their basement. It's a scary world we now live in. It's sad, that is it. I guess I didn't think of that theory, but certainly, I know you have to worry about the president or anybody being assassinated via drone, and I know we have anti drone technology that follows the president around.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well it works, who knows.
Speaker 2: I hope it works. What I mean, like, what do you mean? It should be perfect? If it's going to protect the president, it.
Speaker 4: Should be But we've seen that play out over the past couple of years, haven't we that?
Speaker 1: Perfect? Security? Not so perfect.
Speaker 4: But if you imagine if you wanted to take somebody out, this is how you could do it. You don't have to go and shoot them, you don't have to do it. You could be And the range on these drones is long. Some of these drones of a range of in what five miles shoot or play with this drone.
Speaker 1: Just going right over the I'm just going to jump ahead. He actually gets this on.
Speaker 4: The road, going right over the landscape here.
Speaker 1: And he gets all the way to this mountain range. How far is that?
Speaker 4: But yeah, they have an incredible range and he's flying around. I don't know how you can. I mean, obviously with training he's probably crashed. Who knows how many drones he has to know sort of the limits of how far you can go. But he's really far from where he started, and he's flying really close to all these things. And I've seen some things where it's like almost like a little obstacle course, and they do fly super fast and super close to things. But I guess you know exactly how far away you are and how long it's going to take to go up or you know, to be to turn the thing without hitting the just going up a cliff right here, just straight up. Talent says, during World War Two, the US instantly killed over one hundred thousand civilians when it nuked Japan. I know, and we still talk about that to this day. Yeah, I understand. I understand that you.
Speaker 1: Have to remember that President Truman, who was.
Speaker 5: Who became the President of the United States after the death of Frank Wlin Roosevelt at the twelfth of April nineteen fourty five. Had to make that decision whether or not you know which way you want to go. You want to commit a million more soldiers' lives to fully invading Japan or any new war right now by dropping an atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. So that was so that was a difficult decision.
Speaker 1: That President Truman had to make.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want to be in issues to want to use, you know, to have to use a nuclear weapon. And it was the only time that we've ever used a nuclear weapon in warfare. We hope that would never happen again. Well, we hope, But I always said to myself, I was there, the President of the United States, and I was sitting in a comment with other nuclear armed countries, and I just let them know that one we yes, we did use a nuclear weapon, but that was almost eighty I was over eighty years ago.
Speaker 1: We hope never have to use a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 5: But if we were attacked with a nuclear weapon, I would likely retelly with a nuclear weapon, and other countries weren't, then I would I would tell them that you would now have usually assured destruction.
Speaker 4: I'd drop a nuclear bomb right now, all right, But that's the way the world is.
Speaker 5: That's how I would think if I was ever put in that position.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you what could potentially be the world's coolest sport when we come back, Dusu's gonna give us the shizzy.
Speaker 1: What do you have coming up a new.
Speaker 7: Way to beat the heat? I know that you often are in Miami. It's hot down there. This might be a cool thing for you to do, to go to the restaurant and beat the heat.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll get to that in just a moment. We have a lot to talk about this morning. Yes, I've heard of the Perez Hilton stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a lot of that.
Speaker 4: I did see approximately ten seconds of a video. That's it. I haven't seen whatever is going on, Charlie. I saw somebody I went to bed late last night and that's about when this I don't know what time this stuff all started coming out, but pretty late last night, and I saw people on the internet saying, do not watch this. This is the most disturbing video you're going to see. Yeah, on a scale of one to ten. How disturbing is the ten ten? It's the most disturbing thing ever.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: I mean I just saw a I saw about five or ten seconds of a video, but they had blurreted out in the one that I saw. And then I saw a screen grab, just a still frame. I go, Jesus Christ, what in the world is going on here? We will get to that shortly as well. I got to take a quick break. We'll be right back on Rover this morning. Glory, hang on.