Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're going next runings.
Speaker 2: A day long celebration of your back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers, presented by Strauss, the official workwere provider of MLB.
Speaker 3: Yeah Oh, the celebration continues live here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: We're You're Home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Exclusive coverage brought to you by Strauss from the ballfield to the job site Strauss dot Com. It has been an absolute great day of celebration for your Dodgers. From the parade, all the way up and down Grand Figueroa, seventh Street temple where it all started, a temple on Broadway, and then coming back here to Dodger Stadium, the double decker buses unloading with Dodger players, coaches, their families. They were all introduced onto the center field stage. And what a celebration here in front of a sold out Dodger Stadium crowd. And looking around right now, the field level still pretty much filled with Dodger fans who have made their way down there, as Dodger players are still mingling around on the field. Clayton Kershaw right now is talking to the MLB Network down their third base line in front of their dugout and different players are coming out talking to beat riders. There's still a couple of other players mingling around with their families. But Dodger fans, players just don't want this to end. And what a magical ride it was to get all the way to Game seven, to win it in eleven innings, and to come back home as defending World Series champions yet again, just a magical run here in the month of October now November.
Speaker 4: Crazy to think. Steve Sacks reminded.
Speaker 3: Me of this earlier today scam which kicked off October baseball coverage here on a five seventy with me and Steve Sacks, started on September thirtieth, went through all of October and now here the championship parade.
Speaker 4: On Monday Nova. So it is a long run.
Speaker 3: It can just imagine these Dodger players starting the season as early as they did.
Speaker 4: I went back and looked it up.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers went to Tokyo and that first game of the season was back on March eighteenth. March eighteenth, You gotta go all the way back to Tuesday, March eighteenth, the Dodgers in Tokyo, Japan, playing the first of two games.
Speaker 4: Against the Chicago Cubs.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you that that feels like a lifetime ago. When they squared off against the Cubs in Tokyo and we saw Roki Sasaki and Yabamoda on the mound.
Speaker 4: I mean, now you.
Speaker 3: Fast forward to hear November three, and these guys are World Series champions.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It has been a long ride, and.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman said it there just a little while ago with David Dad. They're about one hundred days away from pitchers and catchers reporting and the start of spring training, which is amazing to me because the Dodgers just won and there's teams around baseball, all but two of them that have been sitting around for three to four weeks, just waiting for this season to be over. And now the Dodgers have a chance to rest in an exhale and there'll be a chance to look at this roster coming up in the next week's here. Free agency starts in a few days officially, and the Dodgers will have some players that go into free agency and they hope to bring back, and some players they probably won't.
Speaker 4: Bring back next year. In twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: And maybe they'll bring in different players, but that'll certainly be a big discussion here on an five seventy all offseason long, it'll be an abbreviated offseason, certainly as the shortened offseason with the Dodgers making it this deep into the World Series eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. We did it last year after this parade covers in the celebration at Dodgers Stadium, David Vass and I just took calls and wanted to hear from you Dodger fans and just your your thoughts about the team and the celebration. And we're doing it again today all the way up until three o'clock.
Speaker 4: And we had hand things over to Petro.
Speaker 3: Some money eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy as we celebrate this Dodgers championship. And it's now starting to file out the crowd, slowly but surely here at Dodger Stadium, as the ushers are asking everybody to leave down along the field level onlong the first and third base lines. But uh, let's go out to the phones if we can. Who do you want to go do first? Guys, who's the first up, Juliet, Julian R. Kady is our first call.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Hi, Julia sended On and Jdi loger F and Sherman Oaks And we have a question.
Speaker 7: Do you think k k will come back next season?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a great question from the both of you. Thank you very much. Key k Hernandez in free agency, will he come back? We'll find out. He certainly wants to be back. He uh, he is a Dodger. I'd find it hard to believe they don't find some way to bring Key k Hernandez back. Now, the last time he entered free agency, he left and went to the Boston Red Sox and the Dodgers reacquired him after it didn't work out in Boston. Now, if he's willing to take for whatever money they have available, and certainly for as many years as they're willing to offer, that's all going to be figured out.
Speaker 4: And that's all something Andrew Freeman.
Speaker 3: And Brandon Gomes and you know, Keiky Hernandez are gonna have to figure out as far as negotiations. But certainly you want to have a glue guy like that back. And I say especially because you're losing Clayton Kershaw, who is one of the heartbeats of this Dodger's team, and if you lose him, you need to start making sure you keep guys who are our culture clubhouse. You know, guys that you can count on type of players. Then you want to make sure that Keiky Hernandez is around as long as possible, and that means bringing him back. And hear the round of applause here at Dodger Stadium, that is for Clayton Kershaw, who is saluting the fans one final time. He just got done talking to the beat writers and now he got done talking to MLB Network, And it looks like Clayton Kershaw is making his way back out onto the field and now back into the dugout one final time year at Dodger Stadium. Oh, he's actually making his way over to Sports in LA to join the oral Hirscheiser and John hartsung a crew over there. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Joe and Fuller's and you're next up on a five seventy LA Sports. How you doing, Joe?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great.
Speaker 9: I was just still trying to recover on the voice there, because I lost it somewhere between six and seven and I just came back from the parade and about lost my mind.
Speaker 5: So sorry about that, but uhh, I.
Speaker 4: Love the six seven reference there, Chuck.
Speaker 3: Joe, how do you how do you think the crowd was compared.
Speaker 4: Maybe to a year ago?
Speaker 3: It seemed like it was insanely crowded and full of Dodger fans.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 9: It was nuts out there, but it was great. It was great to be out there surrounded by all the fans in blue, see everybody just celebrating, sharing the love, going crazy with you know, when the guy, when the guys, the crew, the whole staff was killing by on the buses.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 9: It was phenomenal. And just to see the guys on the buses, you know, filming the fans and soaking it in.
Speaker 7: It was a great experience.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 9: I was glad to be there.
Speaker 4: So it was awesome, all right, Joe. Appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 3: Oh, real quick, did you happen to see David Vasse on top of the double decker bus with Blake Snell?
Speaker 4: Oh he's gone, all right. Appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 3: Joe eight sixty sixth nine, eight seven, two five seventy, Tim Kates, David vass live at Dodgers Stadium after the parade and party here at Dodger Stadium to celebrate back to back World Series championships. As there is confetti everywhere on the field here at Dodger Stadium, as the World Series trophies are still sitting on their little respective tables in center field on the center field stage at Dodger Stadium. You see him there at twenty four at twenty five World Series Trophies as a David Vasse gets a round of applause for the folks here in the am FI seventy suite and Rifley, So what a great job David did?
Speaker 4: And oh their chanting Day's name? How about that? How about that?
Speaker 5: You know what?
Speaker 3: I don't get that when I walked in, but Dave gets that when he walked That's an that's a pretty unbelievable nowadays, actually taking pictures with people that we work with on a daily basis and hugging people that we work with on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: But saluted David a great job.
Speaker 3: He was on the double decker bus with Blake Snell and crew did a fantastic job.
Speaker 4: Today.
Speaker 3: Our own Colin Yee is here in the AM FI seventy sweet today. Colin doesn't get to come out to any Dodger games all season long because he's in studio for a one hundred and sixty two regular season games and eighteen spring training games in all of October baseball, which included a run through Game seven of the World Series against the Toronto Blue Jays. So great to have Colin Yee here in the AM five to seventy suite where we are broadcasting from today on this glorious Monday here in southern California, A celebrate, celebratory Monday here in La as the Dodgers went back to back World Series champions eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventies in number. We're gonna be here for one more hour, David Vassa. When he's done signing autographs and taking we'll join us here on A five seventy and Dodger Talk. Let's go back out to the phones. Where should we head? Where should we he? Andy and San Dimas you are next up here on AI seventy LA Sports. After the parade in the party here at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: How are you doing? Andy?
Speaker 7: Hey Sam?
Speaker 8: Great, go Dodgers.
Speaker 6: You do an awesome job. I'd ask for a picture with you if if I was there.
Speaker 10: Don't worry.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: But I just want to say, Man, I moved to LA in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 11: I'm forty one, so.
Speaker 6: You know the Kings, the Dodgers have had really great runs since I've lived here. It's been awesome. This is really cool.
Speaker 5: Cool to see.
Speaker 6: Kershaw retire as a Dodger and get it.
Speaker 7: How he did?
Speaker 6: I remember, like five years ago, the conversation was, Oh, it's he's baseball Dan Marino. You know here he is, and it's pretty great. I just want to say I came here from Buffalo, so everyone knows my teams haven't won. Do not take this for granted.
Speaker 5: La.
Speaker 6: Next year, everyone's got to show up the same way, same fire, same energy. Don't get lazy as a fan. Do not take this for granted.
Speaker 4: Do not.
Speaker 6: Oh a lot of people I've watched, my mother died, my family died. The Bilgie Sabers have never won. We've got three. Don't take it for granted.
Speaker 3: So Dodgers, all right, Andy appreciate the phone call. Wells said, you come from Buffalo, where you know about heartbreak, you know about coming so close to winning a championship, and being from Buffalo.
Speaker 4: Toronto is close to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: So I can only imagine what they're feeling there as well as they were two outs away from a World Series championship. And as I mentioned earlier, seeing Max Schurz are on the replay in the dugout holding up to two more guys, two more and we're gonna win a World Series championship.
Speaker 4: But that did not happen.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six, ninet eighty seven, two, five seventy. How about Charles and Lancaster. You're next up on a five seventy LA Sports, Charles, How you doing with Tim Kats and v David Vassa.
Speaker 12: I made it back. I made it back.
Speaker 13: A lot of photos in the stairwell, Charles, Christian vass How you doing?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 12: How can you not? Weel great?
Speaker 13: Everybody loves everybody today in La Canada?
Speaker 4: Not one so much.
Speaker 5: I got two, I got two points. I want to say, is the greatest game I've ever watch. I've been watching the Dodger since they played in the in the coliseum. I seen him. My father tripped me and uh, I wanted to say that that was the greatest game I've seen. He got all the all the pictures in the pitch and and Dave and mister Robertson pushed all the right buttons. Yes the other day, it was two days ago, and that was like and he don't get no set, no gratification from anybody.
Speaker 13: Now everybody's talking about Dave Roberts. Now you got to get that respect.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what I know about him. You know what I know about him is my son and him played room together in the minor leagues. My son and Dave Roberts say, pray for Vice Tellia Oats and they room together.
Speaker 4: Very cool, Charles, Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 5: My son says. That's all they ever do is talk baseball. And one last thing, let's get my boy Bellinger back this year.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 13: I'm all in with Cody Bellinger. If I had a pick between Kyle Tucker and Cody Bellinger, bring back Belly, Charles.
Speaker 4: We appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 3: I mean it's enough right Dave Roberts talk about he hasn't done this, haven't done that. Three World Series rings as a manager ten seasons now nine in l West, titles, five trips to the World Series, three World Series championships. He said a Baseball's the greatest game enver invented. And now he's up there with Joe tory Tonyo LaRussa as the most career postseason wins as a manager.
Speaker 13: I mean he is on a Hall of Fame trajectory right now. There's no doubt about that. He's a Hall of Famer, no doubt. And he managed the last two playoffs the best I've ever seen him manage. You always talk about players developing into the players they eventually become. This is not a slide at Dave Roberts. But when he took over the Dodgers, who are ready to win, he was a rookie manager in twenty sixteen. We have seen him get better and take more chances on his players than we saw early on in his career. The last two years he has managed flawlessly, and at some point, if you're going to point the finger on Dodger talk when things don't go right, you got to give this guy his due, because now he's a three time World Series champion. I feel like he in twenty twenty. I know we weren't there. I was, but very high. Twenty twenty was the year that he really came into his own as a manager.
Speaker 3: Do you think he turned from being a manager that maybe followed the book a little closer to now managing more with his gut feel, so to speak, and all right, I get this, I'm in the moment of the game, and I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that, and I'm gonna manage a little bit differently then I started as a manager in twenty thirteen or fourteen, whatever it was.
Speaker 13: Well, I think a couple of things happened. Danny Lehman becoming a real voice next to him in the dugout, that stringy haired bench coach. He understands the game plan really well. Mark Pryor has helped him out a lot as well. You see him discussing what he's going to do with both those guys before anything happens.
Speaker 12: So I think it's Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: But Dave Roberts is such a great manager that he understands you have to get out of the ways sometimes, and he's a great delegator of responsibilities to his coaches and he trusts his coaches to steer him in the right direction along with you know, before the game. Every hour, Yeah, there's a game plan meeting because the Dodgers are the most prepared team in baseball. I'm not taking a shot at the Blue Jays, but they have a knack of being able to filter information to the players and to Dave Roberts to simplify things and get the job done.
Speaker 3: He is David Vasse, I'm Tim Kase. We are live at Dodgers Stadium. One hour to go here in our parade party coverage. We want you to be a part of it. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy. As they start to empty out Dodgers Stadium, the celebration doesn't end, though.
Speaker 4: We want it to continue with you.
Speaker 3: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy Coverage of the Dodgers Championship Celebration.
Speaker 4: Presented by Budweiser.
Speaker 3: This buds for you and by Bank of America, the official bank of the Dodgers. We'll come back into more of your phone calls. Petrol some money taking over at three o'clock this afternoon. Our coverage continues on your home of the World Series Champion, back to back World Series Champion, Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're going next readings A.
Speaker 2: Day long celebration of your back to back world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers, presented by Strauss, the official workwear provider of MLB.
Speaker 4: But we're back.
Speaker 3: Our coverage continues live a Dodgers Stadium. Tim Kaits along with David Vasse. A great day here at Dodger Stadium as we watch Clayton Kershaw walk off the field, hands up in the air, and the remaining fancier at Dodger Stadium saluting the future Hall of Famer as he makes his way into the Dodger dug out one final time here.
Speaker 4: David Besse, Yeah, that was surreal.
Speaker 13: You know, I've been with Kershaw every single day since twenty twelve. I've seen how much he puts into each and every start and into his teammates, and that's why everybody loves him and respects him. I think that's why everybody gets emotional, because he doesn't just show up play with the bad shoulder, a bad back. Over the years, you think back to when the Dodgers started the year in Australia. I mean, that's when he heard the back of his shoulder kept pitching six weeks later, when the cy Young and MVP in twenty fourteen. Was at the top of his game. From twenty ten to twenty twenty, yeah, I would say, yeah, I mean was he was the best pitcher in baseball between those ten years.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cool to see him understand the moments and be in the moment and absorb the moment. I feel like this year he knew he was going to go into this in retirement, right, and so he absorbed every single start, single day out here with his kids, with his family, with his teammates, with the media. It was kind of cool to see that not a guy just grinding every single day like you did for a lot of his career, but at least kind of maybe step back a little bit and soak it all in.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, I would say the last two years, he's enjoyed the moments more than he ever has before.
Speaker 4: That's for certain.
Speaker 13: He has enjoyed the moments more than ever before these last two years. And yeah, it's just one of those things that he he's meant so much to this organization and I think the things that will stand out to me are those things. Tim It's not the starts that he made, but just seeing how he would be the first one out here before everybody else. He would be the guy that would you know, be there for teammates. He would wash away starts, even after his no hitter, he would start the next five day routine. He was so routine oriented. That's what will stick out to me. And I've never been around a guy more prepared or works harder than Clayton Kershaw this side of Kobe Bryant, because I was around him a lot, and those two guys had the best work ethic as far as the greatest talent to go along with it.
Speaker 4: This clubhouse is going to feel a little different moving forward. This team's going to.
Speaker 3: Feel a little different moving forward without number twenty two there.
Speaker 4: Every single day.
Speaker 3: I wonder how it looks, how how the leadership differs, if it does it all with Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts maybe taking more of a role.
Speaker 4: Or is it just stay the same.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 13: I really do believe that Blake Snell has to be that guy in his own way. When you look at the starting staff, Yamamoto obviously a language barrier, but after what he did this year, there's a lot of respect for him. But to me, Blake Snell needs to take another leap of growth next year to kind of not feil Kershaw's voice or shoes. Because Kershaw wasn't or isn't really a bit big raw ross speech guy.
Speaker 12: He isn't. Yeah, he led by example.
Speaker 13: That's put pressure on everybody else to work as hard as he did. So Blake Snell has got to lead by example in that way, and quite honestly, I think we're forgetting about show Heyo Tani. He's that guy as well that can lead by example. If he's going to be a two way player, people are going to look to him to lead. I think at some point now you start to look at Freddy Freeman, show Heo Tani as leaders on this team, and Mookie Betts isn't a vocal leader either.
Speaker 12: He does his own thing in some ways.
Speaker 13: But those two guys have led in a lot of different ways. Freddie's organized team Dinners on the Road. He was one of the guys that thought flying on their own was a big h was advantageous, which it turned out to be the Dodgers only lost one road game in the playoffs this year. So Freddie Freeman and show heo Tani to me? Will that void eight.
Speaker 3: Six six eight seven two five seventy is our number.
Speaker 4: We're live at.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Stadium as the party wraps up, but we continue it on the phones with Mike in Dallas, Texas. Joins us here on the iHeartRadio app on I AM five to seventy.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Mike?
Speaker 8: Hey, Tim dude, how are you phenomenal?
Speaker 10: Phenomenal? Hey? I just wanted to say a couple of things. First, thank you guys so much, you and Dave and Tetris and Money for just everything you can talk about work ethic. You guys just make me feel like I'm still in Angelino at heart, even though I moved out to Texas. So just thank you guys for doing what you do every day.
Speaker 13: Thank you, and look, there's nowhere else that you could get this type of coverage. Tim Kates, you want to talk about a guy that needs a nap show. Hal Tani loves to sleep. Tim Kates has not slept since September thirtieth, when the playoffs began, So maybe you could tell the raiders in uh, Nebraska.
Speaker 12: You need some time off on the weekends.
Speaker 13: Never all right, what's your question? What's did to you the most about this world series? Who stood out to you the most about this world series?
Speaker 10: You know, everything stood out And I was just I was reflected with my son on the way to school this morning. He's eight years old. I told him I was eight years old when the Dodgers won in nineteen eighty eight, and just that we're living in a golden era of Dodger baseball and just to really consider how lucky he is and that we don't have to wait another how many years before we get to the next championship.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Mike, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening from Dallas, Texas, and Uh, congratulations to you and your son. Ray and Lejabro was at the parade today, one of the thousands that were in attendance.
Speaker 12: Where were you sitting, Ray?
Speaker 6: This call is being recorded.
Speaker 12: This guy wants to record calls.
Speaker 13: I know this Guyaz, you're the record the call guy.
Speaker 12: I got you. Where were you sitting?
Speaker 8: We're sitting the first baseline.
Speaker 13: It was tremendous, tremendous see cruise OCLT that way.
Speaker 9: I've ever seen him his first, very.
Speaker 8: First game of the pitched.
Speaker 6: I was there for that game.
Speaker 7: It was a great experience here with my goddaughter.
Speaker 12: That's awesome. Ray, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 13: That was a great recorded call and your god daughter will appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Keep that forever you know, it was it.
Speaker 13: I got a little fun fact since we're reflecting on Kershaw, because eighteen years is a long time. Where were you in two thousand and eight? Tim, What were you doing? How many kids did you have in oaight?
Speaker 3: I had two kids at that time, and when Kershaw made his debut, we were expecting our third. And as my daughter, Sadie, who's seventeen years old, said Clayton Kershaw, that's all she knows is him as a Dodger, and his career is longer than she's been alive, and so she's sad to see him not be here next year.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Reflective for me because you see guys come and go, You see guys you know, play long times for different teams, short times for different teams. But when your kid is born and all of a sudden, this player retires and that's all they know, it's kind of weird.
Speaker 13: Exactly a lot can happen between now and eighteen years ago. Kids were barely in grade school that are now in college. Eighteen years ago, I actually set up my first date with my wife at Kershaw's major league debut in two thousand and eight. I was with big Head James Kelly at the time. We came to the game because we both wanted to see Kershaw make his major league debut. We both went down to the bullpen there to watch him warm up wearing number fifty four. My wife, who was not my wife at the time, was coincidentally at the same game and we had organized for her to come meet.
Speaker 12: Me at the stadium club.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 13: And James Kelly luckily did not swoop me because he had a reputation at the time. He tried, Yeah, I boxed him out and at that point in time, we set up our first date and the rest is history. How about that first date at shaj in Santa Monica, Another legendary spot in LA.
Speaker 4: Eighteen years it go? When you met your wife? Yes, how about that, David, I never knew that we're.
Speaker 12: Still married too.
Speaker 4: Does she know that?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 13: Well, I think I remember Charlie Manuel telling me, who was the manager of the Phillies at the time, Stay with this job and you'll stay married longer because she'll miss you for those two weeks at a time that you leave for the road trip.
Speaker 4: That's good advice. Yeah, that's great advice.
Speaker 13: She gave me a free pass for tonight too, so uh Daddy daycare starts tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Hello Jeff in Thousand Oaks. Next up here on a FI seventy LA Sports David vass a tim Case live at Dodger Stadium. Is the cleanup now starts here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Jeff Yellow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey, guys, Hey, thanks taking my call. First of all, shout out to you guys, k LAC. Every time I was on the road and I could not be in front of a television, the next best thing on the radio. I loved it. Yeah, yeah, really really helped.
Speaker 8: You know. I loved it.
Speaker 7: It was a great Game seven. My stomach was not, of course, like everybody else. And about the temph inning, I'm starting to starting to worry. I'm concerned, and I'm thinking how many times could the Dodgers have lost this. They could have lost it in Game six, they could have lost it a couple of times in Game seven. At some point, I'm not really superstitious, not that kind of guy. I had this epiphany and I'm thinking, the Dodgers are meant to win this. I know it sounds a little hokey, but I immediately relaxed, my stomach got better, and I just said, they've got this. It's in the card. Not taking anything away with their tenacity and their stick to itiveness. Anyway, that's my story. I'm sticking to it. It was meant to be. It was one for the ages, and I'm still living and breathing it as long as I can until it's time to move on to the Lakers. I guess the Lakers.
Speaker 12: You don't want to move on to them, trust me.
Speaker 13: But Mark Walter will change that narrative pretty soon here in the next year. Thank you for the phone call, thanks to hearing what you had to say there. And look, Tim, there's so many different moments from this postseason, not just the World Series, but a few of the things that stick out to me.
Speaker 12: We talked about this earlier today. Game six.
Speaker 13: There is no Game seven without the Dodgers holding on some miracle way in Game six, because if you're thinking to yourself like we all are. How the heck did the Dodgers pull out Game seven being two outs away from losing, and this parade being in Canada today?
Speaker 12: How about Game six?
Speaker 13: They were hanging on by a thread, the ball getting stuck.
Speaker 12: In the wall. How lucky is that? I mean that a million, one in a million.
Speaker 13: And then Tyler Glass now gets Ernie Clement, who is the best two strike hitter on the Blue Jays, to pop up to Freddie Freeman for the first out of that inning with runners at second and third.
Speaker 12: And then keik A Hernandez.
Speaker 13: Going against what the scouting report said on his own, his own baseball savvy, moving in to be more shallow to allow him not only to catch the ball, but to throw it to Miguel Rojas, who did not make a routine catch on a bounce. And he told me, actually after we were after we got off the bus, I told you this morning that he was playing hurt that injury that he sustained by trying to tag third base in the NLDS when Alex Boehm and him were racing to third base, that's where he injured his left He said, it's not his shoulder was somewhere like his rib because it was hard for him to get ring.
Speaker 3: Costal strain is what I think they that it was, which is like underneath your armpit.
Speaker 4: Here we go along your side.
Speaker 13: And he reaggravated it when he was celebrating Game six and he was so emotional. That's where he reaggravated it. And you know he's playing hurt. He hits the game tying home run with two outs to send it to extra innings. I think about all of that, and I think about the new mister November Will freaking Smith unbelie by the way, that makes two number sixteens that are not welcoming Canada anymore because of Blue Monday. In nineteen eighty one, our very own Rick Monday ended the Montreal exposseason in Game five of that year's NLCS to send the Dodgers to the World Series. And how about this, another clutch sixteen sends the Dodgers to a World championship in Game seven.
Speaker 3: The word luck or unlucky has been thrown around a lot in the last week or so. David I didn't belie it as far as baseball is concerned. You hear about the baseball gods and was it in the cards for the team to win or lose, or this play to happen or that play happened. But after what we saw in Game six, the ball getting stuck, the keyk play, the pick by Miguel Rojas' second, then all the stuff that happened in Game seven, you have to start to believe that there's something about lucky or unlucky in baseball.
Speaker 4: It just really is you.
Speaker 12: Make your own luck.
Speaker 13: True, I would say the only luck was the ball getting stuck. That's the only lucky part about it.
Speaker 12: What else is lucky? That would be the one lucky thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 13: I mean, Isaiah Connor Fileffa not getting a big secondary lead off at third base is not it. I mean, I guess in some ways the Dodgers are lucky that Will Smith put his foot back down on home plate on that force play, or the game's over, world series is over. But that's not really luck. That's him having the field awareness to know where he's at. Yeah, honestly, the only thing that stands out to me as luck is the ball getting stuck in Game six.
Speaker 12: And here's the thing.
Speaker 13: I talked to a couple of the Dodgers advance scouts and Bob Garran, the Dodgers bench coach. They do not teach and they did not tell their players if the ball gets stuck in the wall to just hold up your hands and stop playing.
Speaker 4: They don't teach that.
Speaker 13: They told him to play it through and then be able to replay.
Speaker 12: We'll be able to review it.
Speaker 13: Play it through, grab the ball, get it back to the infield, raise your hands, and then from there Dave Roberts could review it and the umpires would have made that decision. But what Justin Dean did was not follow what they told him by just stopping and staring at the ball. It was keyk a Hernandez who had his arms up. We see that in the replay, but it was Key a Hernandez screaming at Justin Dean to grab the ball, throw it back in. He knew the scouting report, he knew the rules. People don't know that.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: As it turns out, it was ruled ball stuck ground rule double runner who scored has to go back runners on second to third, A huge, huge moment in that game, and again that goes back to David. Everybody on this team contributing from Dean to Will Klein, who will always be remembered for what he did in Game three.
Speaker 4: Everybody had a little piece.
Speaker 3: Even Clayton Kershaw had a huge part in that eighteen inning Game three, coming out and getting a huge out in late in the extra inning time.
Speaker 13: Yeah, every Lucas. He got Lucas. That was the game on the line. That wasn't a ceremonial like, hey, let's bring in Kershaw right in the twelfth inning to get this guy, let him face this guy. No, the game was on the line. It was a full count. If he walks Lucas, the Dodgers are in real trouble. And Kershaw told me, I'm not sure if you noticed this on TV or if Rick Monday and Stephen Nelson mentioned this, but Clayton Kershaw was worn up the batter that Yamamoto face that grounded into the game ending double play.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 13: If he gets on or even if there's just a fly ball out, there's two outs left in the game. In the eleventh inning, Clayton Kershaw was getting ready to come in to face Dalton varshow whoa in the eleventh inning. He told me that when we got off the bus, he said, I never saw Will Smith's home run. I never saw how Isaiah kna Fileffo got to third base because I was locked in warming up, getting ready to come in to face Dalton Varshow.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 13: And then when the it happened, the game ending double play, he didn't know the game was over. He told me he thought he was coming in. He had no idea what was taking place because he was so focused on warming up to come into the game. Kershaw was next if there were two outs in the eleventh inning of Game seven, to face the lefty Dalton Varshow.
Speaker 3: It explains why he was a little late to the party, so to speak. Yeah, winning out on the field out of the Dodgers' bullpen.
Speaker 13: He literally told me that once the buses parked at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: That is awesome. That is David Vasse. I'm Tim Kase.
Speaker 3: We're live here at Dodger Stadium as the cleanup now starts from the celebration here at Dodger Stadium eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five to seventy. Let's check in with Manuel and Guardina, who actually was out at the parade today here in downtown Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Manuel how you doing, my friend, so the.
Speaker 8: Wall and the voice of Dodger fans d b Oh my goodness, man, you know what. I'm on the one ten right now. But that's what this series was. One ten like on everything, Like holy smokes, I feel like I aged probably a few years in the last week just from all those games, man, and uh, the heart of a champion, man, that's what sticks out to me the most. Doc Roberts with just a masterpiece of managing Andrew Friedman putting together a roster deep enough to withstand every valley that it came to. I mean, the Dodgers were just tremendous. Mickey Rojas Pie is coming out of nowhere, you know, the power to come out of freaking not only Rojas but Will Smith to end it all. I mean, this this team is just the best, man. I'm so proud of this team. I'm proud of the Dodger fans. Uh, heart, heart, all thoughts.
Speaker 12: And are you proud of Steve saying.
Speaker 8: Hey, I was on hold for scam sax and k to the am and uh that's when you got cleared the line the other day. But it's all good man. I love you guys, all of you guys. Am five seventy is the best man for all.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: Give us every even Petro Sandy's mangled nipple. That guy is awesome too.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 13: I think Hernandez Key k Hernandez made proficial Manny and Guardina, My nipples are better than Petros's one nipple.
Speaker 8: Hello, that's all right, no man, All of you guys are the best, even hater and as Smith, all of you guys, yes, provide us with inside coverage and we're just so so blessed to be with you guys, and your merger of the Dodger Radio with a five seventy is second.
Speaker 4: Pash just came into our suite.
Speaker 12: Oh that it's not Roo, another guy.
Speaker 4: Man. Well, we appreciate the nice words.
Speaker 3: Thank you for all the great comments, Thanks for listening as always, Buddy, really appreciate that. Glad you're out at the parade today with the masses that were in downtown in La from Temple to Grand to Seventh all the way back up Figaro to Fifth Street. David, we've seen Laker parades with thousands of people there going to the coliseum in front of what used to be a parking lot in front of Staples Center.
Speaker 4: Back of the day to today.
Speaker 3: I honestly believe this year's parade was bigger size wise with people than last year's parade.
Speaker 13: Great job by the Dodgers and the city to coordinate the path and the route to make it longer and for more fans to be able to be on the parade route to get a glimpse of their back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 12: And being on the.
Speaker 13: Bus with guys that I was on the bus with last year, Will Smith, Tommy Edmund Tyler Glass, now they were blown away by the enormity of.
Speaker 4: You could tell the size. You could tell.
Speaker 13: We were talking about it and I would say, hey, is this bigger or better than last year? They said, I wouldn't say it's better, it's just bigger. And we love that it was longer. They loved that it was longer. And they never took a break from giving back to the fans. They never took a break sat down ever. Number One, there were no seats on the bus except a row in the back. That's where Taascar Hernandez was sitting with his kids. But there were no seats this year, so these guys were standing up the whole way giving it back and Blake's Now, I know you you make fun of me, But this guy was the life of our bus. He was engaging fans. Will Smith was engaging fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can see the personality coming out on Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, how about that.
Speaker 12: I want to party with Will Smith after today.
Speaker 4: He is David Vasse. I'm Tim Kaide.
Speaker 3: So our covers, presented by Yucklet Probiotic Drink Ooh i ucklt can be found at any local grocery store, a proud sponsor of the Lost Digestion Dodgers. I'm gonna need it after all this celebrating. Okay, we'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll get to more of your phone calls. Petros some money standing by coming up at the top of the hour. By the way, Jim Harbaugh joining the guys four thirty this afternoon.
Speaker 12: Who's got it better than us?
Speaker 4: Nobody?
Speaker 3: Maybe the Chargers can piggy back with the Dodgers have done and win a championship here in the city of Los Angeles. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy Your phone calls coming up as the celebration continues here at Dodger Stadium on an FI seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Trump Backs against the Wall top back to.
Speaker 2: Back, celebrating back to back with day long parade coverage right here, presented by Strauss from the Bowfield to the Jump site Strauss dot com.
Speaker 4: Oh We're back. The party continues.
Speaker 13: We were just talking about the best speeches on stage. I would say, hands down, Yamamoto was the winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a Freddie Freeman who made a comment about twenty twenty four, done, twenty twenty five, done, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 13: Starts now love it. I love that too. And Mark Walter, the owners set the tone because he said we're back. He said that at the beginning. Yeah, Dave Roberts, Andrew Freeman doubled down than Dave Roberts.
Speaker 12: So when the owner, see, that's the thing.
Speaker 13: When you have an owner like that that has invested and given Andrew Friedman the resources to build this and he says we're going to be back next year, that sets the tone for everybody else. Means that he wants more too, and that trickles down.
Speaker 3: How about shoey Otani saying let's do it again, Yeah next year.
Speaker 4: I would I like to speech more last year.
Speaker 13: I thought Yamamoto was the winner this year because I think we talked about this as well this morning. Not only did he pitch the day after, but he also warmed up for a possible nineteenth inning in Game three. So what this guy did to push himself where no other pitcher has ever pit done before. You could talk about Oral Hirsch, and yes, what he did was extraordinary, But did he come into essentially three games, four games? He came in in relief the day after for one out. He said that on Rogan and Rodney. What Yamamoto did was pitch a complete game in Game two, then in Game three warm up as he was going to come in for a nineteenth inning, then pitches in Game six, six innings, and then in Game seven comes in and pitches two plus innings to end the game. Nobody in the history of baseball has ever done that. Nobody, I'll say it right now, nobody has ever done that.
Speaker 3: Probably will never do it again because of the way the game is structuring away guys. Hey, the way the guys just don't want to go out and do that.
Speaker 13: And it goes back to mechanics, right, Pitching mechanics Yama Moto, you know the javelin throws that's all focused and centered about his lower half and oral Herscheizer explained that really, well, well, the reason why he was able to do what he did is because the arm is coming along for the ride with his lower half generating all the power.
Speaker 3: Let's hear real quick what Yama had to say on the stage today earlier here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 13: The winner, Yeah, I love it than that.
Speaker 4: He cave Los Angeles right away.
Speaker 13: He came on stage and said losing is not an option because he told his teammates that during the NLCS.
Speaker 4: How much have you seen him grow?
Speaker 3: Dave in the last two seasons from a maybe a quiet shy guy, battle through the injuries that rookie season and then really had that coming out party in Game five here of the NLDS against the Padres. That to me was that moment where all right, he felt like I'm here now, I'm at the big leagues.
Speaker 13: Well, Key Ky Hernandez had a lot to do with that as well. It's true there's that famous meeting they had after his first start against the pod and he was getting ready to make another start and Keicky Hernandez famously took him out to coffee without Hero his interpreter, and just fired him up and reassured him, reinforced self confidence.
Speaker 12: And be ready to go. Wait, we got the bulldog.
Speaker 13: The nineteen eighty eight What World Series MVP, the Cy Young Award winner, Sports Illustrated's Man of the Year nineteen eighty eight, the only pitcher to win the ALCS and NLCS MVP, and a guy that knows everything about being a bulldog and leaving his shoulder on the mound here at Dodgers Stadium, and now he does a great job on sports net LA. The one and only Oral Hersheizer Bulldog. You heard me talking about you, Gill.
Speaker 11: I was getting a believe it or not, I was getting a police escort out of Dodger Stadium. I mind down on sunset now, working my way to the one ten to get back to Pasadena, and I heard you and Katseie talking about it, and I'm like, I want to reiterate. What Yamamoto did might not ever be done again, but it'll have to be done with somebody that's his precise and well trained and understands how to use his bones so that the muscles can just take it long for the ride, So it was very very special. I brought one of my jerseys and signed it to him, from one MVP to another. I've got my Yamamoto jersey here in the car with me, and hopefully next year he'll sign it for me. But I am so have so much admiration for that young man and what he did for this ball club, what he did for this city, or.
Speaker 13: How did he do it? You talked about the mechanics this morning. You just mentioned the bones, the alignment, the mechanics, but it's extraordinary that his body responded.
Speaker 12: I heard.
Speaker 13: I was told by Mark Prior that when he was warming up for coming in for the ninth inning, they said, let's see how you feel, and he dotted ninety seven in the bullpen for his first real throw.
Speaker 12: How does he do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, I learned an awful lot from Sandy Kofax, and I know you know Yoshinobu has learned a lot from his throwing coaches, and Dave Wallace was part of my crew, and Rick Honeycutt and Ron Peranowski, And it's just really paying great attention to detail and understanding that if you build a foundation. There's no sense for you to really get tired if you can put the bones in the right order and you've got a chance to reach your full potential. And so the only thing that was strong in my body, in my upper body was the grip on the ball. Is just to make sure that the grip on the ball was firm enough to hold it as you create the arm speed after that, from my wrist to my elbow, from my elbow to my shoulder.
Speaker 13: Oh, I know where he is. He's an echo park somewhere. Well, there we go. You drop for a second orl yeah, we got you.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm just clearing over the bridge here to Chinatown. But you just get the bones in the right order and leverage the ball and you're you can. I've threw many a pitch where my arm was just like jello and just like a catapult.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: You just leverage the ball, keep going downhill in the right direction, get your hips in the right thing, have the right X factor between your hips and your shoulders, and just let it happen. And just like in golf, any of our listeners that are listening and you you do something in sports that you go, wow, I didn't feel a thing and that was my best. That's what you're looking for when you're throwing an object. And he can throw a javelin, he can throw a baseball, you can throw whatever you want. You can be a quarterback. It's about getting it all in order. And once you get it in order, it's a lot easier and a lot less wear and tear.
Speaker 13: Okay, Oral, you name the bulldog because Tommy Losorda want to bring something out of you. You maintained that nickname not only because of everything that you detailed as far as great pitching mechanics and you know everything you described, but your heart was a heart that nobody else had to do what you did in nineteen eighty eight and in other parts of your career, to do what you did with the Indians when people thought your career was over, what about you know the testicular fortitude that Yamamoto showed.
Speaker 12: You can't do it without that, right.
Speaker 11: No, you can't, and you know there's a lack of fear. But the fear comes into play. Then you use that energy in the right way. I mean, I always think about heroes, and these guys are all heroes. The accumulation of all their heartbeats and all their hearts. I think about a hero is in the midst of tremendous trouble, and especially if you're thinking with the war example, there's adrenaline, there's bullets firing everywhere, there's mortar fire, there's everything going on. But a hero doesn't give up, and a hero doesn't quit, and a hero feels the fear, but he functions within it. And that's what you have to do. You have to learn to channel that energy. And when you've got a manager like Tommylsorda, or you got a manager like Dave Roberts, you pick up the heart of the lion from the leadership and then you just magnify it and you just keep going from what Dave Roberts is saying all year to these guys is that I trust you. And in the midst of him pulling him out of the lineup or pinch hitting for them, or taking a guy out of the game and bringing in a reliever, in the midst of that, he's built relationships at such a level that they still know that they are trusted in a big part of the team. And that is huge from your leadership.
Speaker 3: Speaking of leadership, oral from Mark Walter to the front office, to the star players, all of them today saying let's do it again next year in twenty twenty six. What is to stop this team? I mean, Clayton Kershaw won't be back. But you look on that stage, you see all the talent that'll be back in twenty twenty six. You see the leadership, and you see the love of this city to this team. This could be a run that we can see for a long time here.
Speaker 11: Well it really could. And you know, and then hook in the Laker ownership now and what could happen to the Los Angeles Lakers. This city could be in for a huge run as the sports capital of the world. So our ownership group and especially Mark at the top, but all the others, you know, you have Billy, Jean King and Magic Johnson. You got champions throughout here, from the business world to the sports world to whatever you want to name. And they all get hungrier when they win, they all get hungrier when they lose. It's never going to leave them. It's part of their DNA. And it's so exciting to work for an organization like that, to be around people like that, because it brings out the best in you, and you want to give your best every day because the people around you are given their best. Eight type personalities don't enjoy b's and c's, and so you have an organization that is all a and they're like A pluses. And I don't mean as far as grading them like in school. I mean like grading their passion and their execution of what they want to do and their detail oriented. They are all about people. And when I think when this ownership took over and when Ned stepped aside and Andrew cook over, you know, everybody labeled them as, oh, this is going to be data and we're not going to have hard and they're not going to know how to recognize real players that are gritty.
Speaker 10: It's like it is the complete opposite.
Speaker 11: They have been supplied the money that the fans have provided by drawn four million people. They have then supplied expertise, and they have supplied data, and they have supplied just crazy, crazy amounts of emotional skills of what as a champion and what type of player do we want? And they add it all together and you get back to back champion.
Speaker 12: Or I'll come clean with you this morning.
Speaker 13: I'm not sure if you heard driving in but Kate's and Sax and myself were doing the first two hours, and I asked Steve about the difference or what it was like for the eighty eight parade compared to you know, twenty twenty four and twenty twenty five, and he immediately mentioned your sweater, your ugly sweater from the eighty eight parade, and I told him, you still have that sweater?
Speaker 10: I still do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And a fan actually sent me an extra one because at Kooji from back in the eighties, you know, they're probably a little bit harder to find now, and there's actually two of them. I have the original and I think Joe Davis has the other one.
Speaker 13: What about what can you say about why Sax wore a full suit to the parade on a parade flow, we've never seen that before.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I you know, I don't remember if it was a chilly day and that's why I picked a sweater, or I was just the Johnny Carson Show.
Speaker 12: So I was wearing a full suit. He told us he wear a full suit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't know why he would do that, because if you were going to look at that roster and say, who would be the last guy to wear a full suit. Number one probably would be Mickey Hatcher. I'm about to go through the tunnels. I'm about to throw through the tunnels on the one ten, so you might have to fill so uh, I would say saxtually be in the top five of guys who wouldn't have a suit.
Speaker 13: Hey, I told Steve this this morning. This Dodger team back to back World Series championships will go down as the greatest because nobody has ever done this before.
Speaker 12: But the most magical team.
Speaker 13: In Dodger history was the eighty eight Dodgers, the greatest underdogs in baseball history this side of the sixty nine Mets.
Speaker 4: And you were such a big part of it.
Speaker 12: Oral.
Speaker 13: So for me personally, that has grown up in Los Angeles in my life. You know, I wasn't old enough to recognize what the eighty one guys did. But in my lifetime, the eighty eight Dodgers and these back to back World Series champions are you know, are on another level for me personally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I joined the Dodger organization as a seventeenth round draft pick in nineteen seventy nine, and I was a suspect, not a prospect, and all you wanted to do was to have a shot, and then all you want to do is you go up to the miners, is maybe I can make it to the big leagues. And once you get to the big leagues and you get to contribute, and then you'd become a champion. You're still feel humbled by the people that came before you, the Cofaxes and the Drysdals and the Campanellas and the Jackie Robinson's and the Tomulas Sordas and the Fernando Avenezuelas and all the guys. And now it's it's great to stay humble and to be just want to be a part of a great organization because this generation might surpass every generation that has ever put a Dodger uniform, and we will just be glad to say that we were there once. But wow, what a run these guys are having. And these guys are the best of the best of the best.
Speaker 13: Perfectly said, love that you were listening the bulldog Oral Herscheizer. Your voice means so much to the city of Los Angeles calling these games oral. Your voice carries so much weight. It was a great season for you and I can't wait to hear you again next year.
Speaker 10: You do a great job.
Speaker 11: And I think with fans if they watched our broadcast today as you toddled over to TV and you see the hugs and the love that the players give you after the interviews and as saying the goodbyes. They know you're a straight shooter, they know you're honest. They know you will you tell them like it is, but you'll also have fun with them and they respect you the next day and they absolutely loved you, loved the station. Kasey Nny, Rogan and Rodney everybody. You guys do an amazing ya. I'm covering us.
Speaker 12: Thank you? Orl you got a three? Ain't bad?
Speaker 4: Right there?
Speaker 12: Who you mentioned?
Speaker 5: All right, we love you?
Speaker 13: Or Claremont Legends Adic, I'll be at Legends attic l all right, thank.
Speaker 11: You, my favorite highway. I love the curves.
Speaker 10: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 13: There he goes Oral Hersheizer. You'll see him in Pasadena. He might see him at a steakhouse. You never know, but probably will. I don't know Tim oral Herscheizer. People always ask me, don't you get nervous talking to Freddie Freeman or Clayton Kershaw? I can honestly say I don't get nervous, but I have a lot of reverence for their place and history. But I still get butterflies when I speak to Oral Herscheizer, or I go into the booth and he's there and we're talking. I still get butterflies whenever Mike Soshia is around, or Mickey Hatcher or Magic Johnson, who is my all time idol growing up. That's who I still get nerve for. Yeah, and you know, I know these guys are on a different level now. The team has gone to a different level. Three World Series in the last six years, back to back championships. But the little kid and me will always hold the eighty eight Dodgers in high regard.
Speaker 3: He is David Vasai. I'm Tim Case. Will take one final break. We'll come back, we'll wrap things up, We'll get to as many calls as we can, and we'll say our thank you as all Kates eight sixty six, ninety seven, two, five seventy will come back and take your calls and hand things off to Petro some money. It's a five to seventy LA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, We're going next readings.
Speaker 2: A day long celebration of your back to Back World champion, Los Angeles Dodgers, presented by Strauss, the official workwear provider of MLB, live at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: As we continue our coverage here of the celebration for the back to Back World champion of Los Angeles Dodgers. Tim Kates, David Veasse here with you at the top of the hour. We had the parade coverage, we had pre parade coverage, we got post parade coverage, and post party celebration as the confetti is still streaming all over the field here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 12: Great rats in the suite and tastic graphs.
Speaker 13: I mean, I've never had the food in here before, but no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 13: I feel like it's like, uh, do not touch the food during the season. Okay, I don't know if that policy's changed or not. No, but the food is fantastic. The people are fantastic. Before we're rushed at the end of the showcase, you wanted to say you're thank you, so why don't you say your thank yous right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a lot of people to thank for everything today and really all season long. First and foremost, thank you to you, David Vass for all your great coverage and hard work, from traveling to Tokyo to back to state side, going across the country, traveling with this team, and then of course all October long. It is a grind, but he grinds harder than you, So thank you. Thanks earlier today to Steve Sacks, he was with us all the month long in October. Special thanks to Colin Yee, who is with us every single day so stud in the studio, spring training, regular season, postseason. He's here two hours before every game, and he is in the studio an hour after Dodger Talk concludes.
Speaker 12: So unsung hero Colin Yee.
Speaker 13: Such a great kid, such a humble kid, and without him, this would not go.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Dwayne McDonald as well, because he is your traveling partner. You are with him on the road, he sets up on the road, he sets up at home, and he is one of the best as well. I've been with this broadcast for a long long time as well, Dwyn McDonald.
Speaker 13: I can tell you this tim Without Dwayne McDonald, the play by play guys would not be as happy and ready to go every single day He makes things so smooth. You don't have to worry about anything with Dwayne. And he's more than just an engineer. He's a producer. He loves the game in baseball. He's always handing out post its to give all of us some extra nuggets. So, Dwayne McDonald, you're a great guy. You're great to work with. Don't ever leave. I told Kershaw I would leave when he left. Yeah, but if Dwayne leaves, then I'll really leave.
Speaker 3: You have to a question whether or not you're gonna stick around then thanks to social media, Matt Dave, Weez Wacko, Craig Robbins, Michelle Gonzalez, Ronnie Fossio, Zach Lcaldy, Kevin Figures, Rogan and Rodney Petro some money, Bob schmid Sochi Conseco, who is behind the scenes putting together the logs and the commercials, her the Little Sister. Yes, so truly, No, I'm not related at all. Our it and engineering staff who have helped all your long Doug Irwin, Ricky Sarabilla, Richard Ramos, David Shatira, Matt Anderson, Casey Truer, and everyone in our sales department, but especially David Howard and Joe Danner, our market manager Paul Corvino, Brian Blackmore, and of course our new boss Brian Long.
Speaker 12: Can I say my thank you?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, go ahead.
Speaker 13: I love to say thank you to the Dodger organization who has brought me in and treated me like family. Thank you, first and forem to Lon Rosen, who without him I wouldn't have a mic today. Thank you to Andrew Friedman, who has trusted me and brought me in in certain situations. They understand that I'm walking this fine line and they allow me to do my thing and allow me to have that freedom with the players, with the coaches, with the manager, and speaking of those guys, thank you to Dave Roberts as well. I mean, he has been so gracious with his time with me. I can't say enough about Dave, even though at times, you know this is my job not to just be like, yeah, everything Dave Roberts does is great. Everything that Freddie Freeman does is great. That's the reason why people listen. They know you're not going to get a Homer broadcast. And last, but not least, thank you to the players. Thank you for your trust. Thank you for letting me be in your inner circle and be privy to things that others aren't. And without you, there is no back to back World Series championships.
Speaker 12: And thank you to Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 13: This is the last time that I'll be able to say that we were together for a season, that I was able to cover his illustrious Hall of Fame career. And can't say enough for how much he has cared about my career. Tim you know how many times he stopped for interviews for us. Can't say enough thank yous to him and gratitude I have for him because he cared about me more than just you know, a radio guy.
Speaker 12: He cared about my career.
Speaker 3: The relationship David, that you have with the players, the coaching staff in the front office is not like anybody else in town or quite frankly around professional sports. Being somebody who travels with the team. As you said, you walk that fine line of reporter and telling people what they need to know, giving your opinion, but also making sure you don't cross the line and the information you get and the people you talk to. It's a hard line to walk. You do it great, you have for twelve thirteen years now, and that's why people come to m I seventy LA sports to get the best Dodger information, whether it's callings with Petrol some money every single day during the season and getting by those guys, yeah, and getting you know, texting Petrol's quite I'm just kidding. I'm and the pregames and the post games and the traveler. It's a grind and it's aware and it's like today you just exhale, You're like, wow, this is it.
Speaker 4: This is the final day of the season.
Speaker 13: I gotta say thank you to my wife Tessa, who has been so supportive to Without her this, I would not be here for my fourteenth season fourteen years.
Speaker 12: Wow, this would not keep going. And thank you.
Speaker 13: Thank you to sports Net LA for allowing me to be part of their broadcast today and during the season.
Speaker 12: Stu Mitchell you know him well, love.
Speaker 13: Do John Hartongue, Johnny Hartoe, Davis, Stephen Nelson or Herscheizer, No Ma, even Jay Hare, even Jay.
Speaker 12: So thank you to those guys.
Speaker 3: The lone dog James Loney, I mean he's a part timer.
Speaker 12: I never see him fifteen games he gets a ring.
Speaker 13: Yeah yeah, any let's not get into that Kates anyway, it takes a village and to bring you the best coverage on Sports Net LA and AM five seventy LA Sports and Tim take about yourself because you have worked a lot of hours back in a cushy studio in Burbank since the beginning of spring training. No, but seriously, this is the hardest time of year for you to not only host a morning show but also produce Petro some money. So you deserve to take a bout as well. Are you are very valuable to this team. You are the Tommy Edmund, the Chris Taylor of this team.
Speaker 4: Why my wife loves me apparently cause I look like Chris Taylor. I wouldn't say that. Okay, he got a beard. Well that's gonna do it.
Speaker 3: From Dodger Stadium again, thanks everybody for all their help today, from Ronnie Fostio to to everybody here, Craig and Dave, we everybody on hand.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Coming up next to Petro some money show from three to six thirty. Guess what you got? Exciting Clippers basketball Tonight pregame is six thirty, seven thirty against the Miami Heat.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 13: Thank you again to the Dodgers media relations staff as well. Joe, Jeric and Juan Dorado. Great job, Haley, thank you for everything. You guys are awesome. Thank you so much. That's Strus from Dodger Stadium. Petros and Money are next. A great parade day. We will relive it as many times as you want. Petro send money next. That'll do it for us. From Dodgers Stadium, where the Dodgers are back to back World Series champions.
Speaker 4: See us.
Speaker 8: Kiddy, that's
Speaker 12: Busy, spo