Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Here we go again. We'regetto running back to get.
Speaker 3: In on the show called eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seven, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Last day, we are live at Peco Park in San Diego, after the Dodgers hold on and beat the Padres today by a final score of four to two in front of another sellout crowd here at Peco Park that had a lot of Dodger blue in it, and they made their presence felt again last night and today. I would say it was a predominantly pro Dodger crowd. And that'll happen when the Dodgers are beating the Padres fifteen to three last night and four to two today. And it wasn't a nine run inning, but it was a three run fifth inning for the Dodgers today that made the difference. And we'll hear from Freddie Freeman and mookie bets in a moment. We have phone lines open, two lines to be specific at eight sixty six nine, eight seven, two, five seventy. And really that fifth inning was the beginning for the Dodgers again when they scored three runs against a very shaky Michael King, who was not very sharp today. He only lasted four to third innings and threw ninety pitches. And in the last game the Dodgers face King here in San Diego, King went seven scoreless innings. Because the Dodgers were chasing pitches outside of the strike zone, and they were swinging at pitches on the edges of that was outside of the strike zone as well. Today they did not do that, and a lot of it had to do with Michael King, because he was nowhere close to the strike zone. And one of the more impressive bats we have seen this season was by of course, from Freddy Freeman in that fifth inning, down two to begin the at bat and then works a nine pitch walk with the bases loaded. The bases were loaded, and Freddy Freeman worked a nine pitch walk to force in the Dodgers' second run of the game, the first of that third inning. And if you go back and look at it. The Padres catcher probably should have challenged that pitch because it was borderline. Rudolpho Duran don't understand why with two challenges and in a high leverage spot bases loaded you if you don't get the call, a run is scoring and the line keeps moving. So, by what the Dodgers have told me, as far as their game plan goes, you want to save the challenges A for your catcher in those spots, and B you want to save them in those high leverage situations. A challenge that could flip the count, can flip the inning, can keep the inning going. And for whatever reason, Duran, the Padres catcher chose not to challenge that pitch, and it was a huge mistake because as we have seen on the ABS, when you see that ball coming through on the big screen and it barely clips the outer part of the strike zone, it's strike three, and there's a very good possibility that it would have been strike three on Freddy Freeman. But nonetheless, a great nine pitch walk to force in a run. And then Mookie Bets comes up very patiently after watching King all over the place. The entire inning doesn't swing at the first pitch and forces King to come into the strike zone, and he didn't miss. He hit a two run single in Mooki to me, looks the best that we have seen Mooki Bets look in at least two years. We haven't seen this version of Mookie Bets in a long time, and that's really good news for the Dodgers. Eight six seven two five seventy. Let's start with Freddy Freeman, who went through. Is that bat his ninth pitch at bat part of that three run fifth inning. Let's hear front Freddy on Sports at LA.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously Michael you know his pitchwall against us in his career, and we knew that going in. We wanted to be a little bit more aggressive, but certain situations calls for being less aggressive. But in my certain situation, I bass loaded, so I wanted to be aggressive to the first pitch strike and I had to sweeper a little bit up and I fell off, and then it's wanted to change up. And so in that situation, I'm just trying to hit a fly ball, you know, just trying to get a sack fly. Don't want to ground into it. Whole play to lose momentum, so just kind of battling. He was, you know, he went changing a lot of change ups, front door sinkers, so just trying to bat on. Finally I was able to lay off that change up, down down belad zone, and you know, Mochi was huge getting that hit hit show he had. We just good pitching, timely hitting, good defense. That's what what it was the game today.
Speaker 5: Now, are you that last call would have stood up if they challenged?
Speaker 2: Were you surprised they did?
Speaker 4: On which one?
Speaker 6: The walk? The last pair?
Speaker 4: I didn't is that of a strike?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't ever look at the iPads. That's news to me. But he didn't call it. Maybe it makes up for the strikeout.
Speaker 1: Being able to put together the kind of a pants that ending is.
Speaker 4: It's just kind of been one of the things as an offense the last like month or two now that you guys have been able to do consistently.
Speaker 1: That's led to the consistent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just we got good players that can control strike zones, good timely hits. It comes together. Sometimes there'll be a one or two game stretch where it doesn't happen, but we know we're okay. And when you can control the zone with the guys that was on the mountain today and get him out after four and a third. That it's a huge win for us. So we knocked every I mean grant yesterday wasn't open about every starter out before the sixth inning. So that's huge for us, especially with this bullpen, to get those guys in and really make them work in the first game and then we lost. We got all their big guys in and I kind of changed a series of how they've been about it with the bull.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Freddy Freeman on sports in at LA, and how about this. The Dodgers never saw Mason Miller in this series. The padres blew it open late, so he never came in to close that game. That seven to one win for San Diego. The Dodgers had a commanding lead of course last night, beating them fifteen to three, and then today the Dodgers were ahead, laid in the game and Miller was never deployed. So uh, that was that was a win within the win where the Dodgers kept Mason Miller in the bullpen all series long as they take two out of three from San Diego eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. We got to go out to this guy because in the eighth and ninth inning of last night's game, Rick Monday and Steven Nelson called out Ken and Newport Beach for only calling after Dodger losses. So here we are, Ken in Newport Beach calling in after two Dodger wins against the Padres. Did did you hear the challenge? Ken? Is that why you're calling?
Speaker 5: I didn't. I always hit the doctors. I had like some a little flu thing going on. Sorry I missed it, but yeah, you were.
Speaker 2: You are infamous now, Ken, And I'm sorry you had to go to the doctors. Hope you're feeling better. But you don't usually call after Dodger wins. Maybe that trip to the doctor's off has changed something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe they gave me a shot of positivity. It's possible. So first off, I had so many San Diego fans after that first game. I said, oh, I'm gonna hear about this because if they won two or three of these games, dude and talking about World Series. So I think the doctors were wonderful. Last two games. I think Shehn was probably one of his best games. Was very impressed. I only have one questions last fifteen games. It's hitting hundred two hundred, Okay, I mean you're not.
Speaker 2: There, it is. There's the Ken. We know, there's the can.
Speaker 3: We know.
Speaker 2: We know you're feeling good now, Ken.
Speaker 5: Try to steal six times he got thrown out when you got Freeman and Mookie hitting behind you. Is that silly to try to steal when you got thrown out?
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree with you. And look, the reality is the Dodgers have had a hard time finding a guy to be productive hitting behind otaany did you know this, Ken, that the dodgers number two hitter, whether it's been Tucker, Mookie, Freddy pa Has, they're hitting two eleven, whoever the Dodgers' number two hitter is. So they've had a hard time finding a number two hitter, and Paz has struggled ever since he's gotten into that two spot. I know he's a high variant type of hitter, but that's the reality. The Dodgers have had a hard time finding a number two hitter.
Speaker 5: Well, there is a guy who's sitting through that could be their number two hitters wasn't playing today, but I'm just sa fan. Well, who's the Dodger's heaving three seventy.
Speaker 2: Oh Tommy Edmund. I wouldn't mind Tommy Edmund hitting second. I hope he doesn't fall into that number two trap though, But yeah, I like Tommy Edmund hitting second too. Ken, I would say he would be the next option. Thanks to the phone call. Hope you feel better. There we go, Ken and Newport Beach. A rare call after a Dodger win. Let's go out to Curtis, who is in attendance today at Petco Park. How you doing, Curtis?
Speaker 7: Hi, Dave, I'm here with my two sons.
Speaker 6: Were on our way back home to Riverside County. I wasn't available last weekend for Father's Day and my two awesome sons because I've always wanted to go to Oracle.
Speaker 7: Park to watch a Dodger route game, and my kids blessed me with the tickets to go watch the game today and beautiful stadium. Very happy commute back home. Was very happy with em at Shean's performance today as opposed to last Sunday. And when when I was little, my parents we.
Speaker 6: Were in saclamenty and back then Jack Murphy Stadium and we went there, but just a very fun experience and.
Speaker 7: It's a pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Dave. Oh, that's a great fallas day gift to come down to Peco Park. Curtis, what I mean, what were your first impressions of Peco Park and the fans sitting around you.
Speaker 6: Well, I've been in to Oracle Park in San Francisco. My son was going up there to Berkeley and he would go watch a Dodger road game and beautiful stadium, Oracle TechCo the beat la Chen I could deal without. Fortunately we didn't get to hear that today or yesterday. So just a very fun experience. I'd love to come back there again, maybe next season, maybe on a night game. But just a very fun day day.
Speaker 7: And I'm blessed to have my two boys.
Speaker 2: All right, Curtis, I'm glad. It was a great family trip down to San Diego. There were a lot of Dodger fans here the last two nights and in fact all weekend long. But you really heard the Dodger fans the last two games here as they bounce back after Walker Bueller and the Padres won the first game of this series. And it feels like again the Padres win the first game of this series. They're feeling great about themselves despite being nine games back or eight games back, and again a very emotional Padres team getting weight too high after one win. And how are they feeling now? You know? The Padres are headed to Chicago, I believe, to take on the Cubs. How are they going to recover from losing the last two games in the fashion that they lost. I wouldn't be surprised if the Padres lost two out of three to the Cubs in Chicago and they show up limping even more at Dodger Stadium, but then find a way to get emotional there. So still the same DNA of that team, no matter who the manager is, it's basically the same core group of players, and they're way too emotional and they were feeling way too good about themselves after that first game of this series. Today's game brought to you by Modello Modello the Mark of a Fighter. We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk. When we come back, we'll hear from Mookie Betts, We'll hear from Dave Roberts, We'll hear from emmittschhen and also take more of your phone call at eight six six nine, eight, seven, two, five seventy. The Dodgers beat the Padres today four to two on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find it.
Speaker 3: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 8: On a two to one, bet smacks a base heading the left center field. Old tani Is in potes whole race home. Marcus Lynn Betts is on one a two run single to make it four to one. LA Here on the.
Speaker 1: Top of the fifth.
Speaker 9: Mookie Betts finding that old Mookie magic. In his last fifteen games, Bets is hitting three point fifty with five home runs and ten RBIs, including that bases loaded two run single in the fifth inning against Michael King, and the Dodgers go on to beat San Diego four to two and take the series two out of three after dropping the first game. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card visit a five to seventy la sports dot com, use the keyword home run and to your name you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream eight six six nine to eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 2: You know, I was trying to preach patience when Mookie was struggling coming off the il after missing five weeks with the oblique strain, and we had so many people jumping off the Mookie bandwagon, so many people saying, drop him to eighth, bench him, put him back to right field. This guy is finished, he's done, he's cooked. And all I said was talking to world champion Kenny Landro. He reminded me and gave me some first hand experience. He said, David, you can't judge mooki Bets after ninety at bats. You can't judge him after just twenty five at bats coming back from the oblique string. He said, David, give this man at least two hundred at bats before you judge him. And I took that advice, and look where it's at right now. Mookie Bets has one hundred and ninety five at bats. He's got his batting average up to a respectable ish two thirty six but the stats don't matter. What matters is him helping the Dodgers win now, because when you start as slow as Mooki did, uh, it's gonna be hard to get those stats looking like Mooki bets by the end of the year. And I believe he's come to that realization. Even Dave Roberts told us on Friday that, you know, Mooki and the Dodgers are not looking at the stats anymore. He's got to worry about how he's going to win that day. And he's done that the last fifteen to twenty games. So again, great players don't all of a sudden become bad players. The guy had a really good spring training. He maybe did a little bit too much of sense YadA on his shoulders, but he has gone back to working on baseball, and ever since he went back to working on baseball, the rest has has taken care of itself. Here was Mookie Betts with Kirsten Watson on Sports net LA.
Speaker 10: Really just to stay aggressive. You know, he kind of was out of his own that inning, you know, uncharacteristic. You know, he's starting a little more balls than normal. But so I just knew, like I got to be ready to go because he's trying to. He's got to get back on his own to get himself out.
Speaker 4: Of it, and I got to get Fish to hit.
Speaker 2: Where are all those Mookie Bets haters? Everybody's jumping off the HOOKI bendwagon A four time World Series champion. He's built up a lot of credit in this series. And I've always said that that's the biggest difference between Mookie's early season struggles and Kyle Tucker's continuing struggles. Mookie Betts has three World Series championships with the Dodgers. He's played a big part of it. He's won Gold Gloves and right field and he's a goal glove caliber shortstop. Now, Kyle Tucker, you know, I'm not like I said last night. I'm not going to say he's back. I'm not going to say he's going to go on a tear. That's just complete fan emotional overreaction to one game. That's what fans do. I am still a believer in Kyle Tucker, don't get me wrong, but I don't see him really taking off until after the All Star break. And today Tucker was one for four with two strikeouts, So you're going to see flashes because he is working to try to get out of this and get that feel. But I feel like until the All Star break comes and he's able to just reset his season, and maybe he needs to come to that realization that whatever the bit back of the baseball card is going to show at the end of this year, it's not going to look like the other Kyle Tucker years. He has to come to that realization as well and just try to win that day. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Padres today, four to two. Let's go out to Eric in Riverside. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi. Eric.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dave, Hey, I was one of those Mookie haters kind of Hey.
Speaker 2: I like that self reporting, self reporting. I appreciate that, Eric recording.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you. Yeah. I just wanted him to make some adjustments.
Speaker 12: And I've been seeing him hit the ball the other way, and I've been seeing.
Speaker 11: Him hit that high fastball. He's the way I see it.
Speaker 12: In my opinion, he's a low ball hitter.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he just has.
Speaker 12: To adjust to the other pitches. And another thing is just I love the toughness of his team, Like for example, today, I thought Michael Kings is gonna call him up again, and they hung in there, and they adjust and they didn't chase.
Speaker 2: They don't chase. When they don't chase, you see games like that, and you're right. They are the most mentally tough team in all of baseball. That's the reason why they've been able to win back to back championships and find a way to win that Game seven and win the final two games of the World Series after being one win away from going home. So you're right, they are the most mentally tough team out there.
Speaker 11: That's right, Dave. And I think this series against the as you know, with these young talented kids, it's gonna be a really good test for them.
Speaker 2: It's not a test and Eric stopped that. Eric stop, It's not a test for the Dodgers. It's a test for the A's, and the A's are a young team that has a lot of good hitters. You're right, and that's going to be again, like the White Sox series, that's gonna be their biggest series of the year. Having the Dodgers in a minor league stadium in Sacramento for the A's. It's a test for the A's, it's not a test for the Dodgers.
Speaker 11: I'll rephrase it like like like make the brick would say, it's a track game, it's a trapper.
Speaker 2: Why why is it a track game? Why is it a trap series? The Dodgers can't get up for every single game, every single series. They know how to pace themselves for the whole year. So even if they lose two out of three, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 11: Eric, I got you, I got you, Dave. All right, I'm panicking.
Speaker 2: Sorry, they're up ten games. They have the best record in baseball. There's nothing to panic about. They just took care of the Padres.
Speaker 11: You're right, I hate losing. Hey, I love san Diego. I was at San Diego Zoo yesterday. Love san Diego. Hey, Dave, I got a stupid quiest.
Speaker 2: I mean already, I mean, who's to hold on? I mean, you are just taking a lot of liberties right now. You just think you could stay on the whole show. Yeah, what's your last question?
Speaker 11: Okay? I noticed that the the the batting boxes at Dodger Stadium, they're thin lines, and normally they're like thick lines at other stadiums. Do you know why that is?
Speaker 2: That's their style. Some teams have the thick chalk, some don't. But the batter batter's box has got to be outlined into the standard outlined area. And even in stadiums like Cincinnati, they they have the catcher's box as well to make sure the catcher knows where he's supposed to be.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, I thought maybe it's just some of the Dodger players liked it that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, Lorenz style at Dodger Stadium. Thanks for the phone call, Eric. Wow. Eric, Yeah, had a lot to say right there. I mean, the sky's panicking. He let's let's just take a breath here. Did Eric just say that the next series is a test for the Dodgers. What's the test whether or not you can play in a minor league stadium or not? They can. They did it in Tampa last year. It's not a test. The only intriguing part of this series in Sacramento is Wednesday, when Otani makes his start. Will Rushi be, will Rushing be catching Otani, will rush, Will Otani be calling his own pitches? I mean he should to me, That's the only intriguing part of this series coming up in Sacramento in a minor league stadium. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number we got to give Emmitt Sheehan some love. He hasn't had a great year. It's been a little disconnected. He hasn't been able to put together a complete start, and today may have been the closest thing to a complete start for Emma she who went five innings today, allowed just one earn run, which was a solo home run to Manny Machado on a flat slider. So all in all, I know it was only five innings, but this was a very positive start for image Shean. Let's hear from Emmett on Sports at LA.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it felt really good. You know, execution was a lot better today, so that's that always helps. That was the main focus coming into today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fuck, Felick, is just this outing?
Speaker 10: I mean, is this like a confidence booster for you just as you are looking to kind of get the consistent results of being where you want to be.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think you know, you got to try to separate the process from the results as much as possible. So I feel really good about where you know, the work and the process is right now and just try to build on it.
Speaker 5: At least the execution being better. Is it mostly a mechanical.
Speaker 2: Thing for you?
Speaker 13: Maybe being a little more comfortable my mechanics p also just yeah, the focus in between starts of maybe trying to get a little more execution set of delivery thoughts. I had seven days third, two bullfens this week, which is nice.
Speaker 6: He were more convicted with high leverage pitch and high leverage counts with the pitch selection and really buying into attacking hitters in that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I mean I thought Chucky called a great game, and then Mark and Connor putting together game plan did a really good job too, So trusted that completely and yeah worked out.
Speaker 4: Thinking is the type ning that pass pirdly at different points of this season, like what it loves you kind of get that last execution against a small dealer.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think just being more convicted, like you said, trying to stay with him my mechanics, slow the game down a little bit as much as possible, and yeah, worked out all right.
Speaker 2: There's Emmit Sheen on sports and at LA and I don't know if you've noticed this, but because the Dodgers are in a six man rotation. It seems like Emmit Sheen is the Dodgers Sunday starter because the only pitch is once a week. And I asked him, you know, has that affected you as far as just getting a rhythm to the season. He said, it hasn't, but he has compensated by pitching two bull pens in between starts because he's pitching literally every Sunday. Last time he pitched was last Sunday the time before that Sunday. So I asked him, so, what do you adjust to only pitching once a week? What do you do? And he said, the way I adjust for that is throwing two bullpen sessions. So there you go a little behind the scenes on how Emma Sheen gets ready for his Sunday starts. And today was his best one eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. By the way, I apologize. There's a couple of other subplots to the Dodgers playing in that minor league city minor league stadium in Sacramento. Dave Roberts now is only two wins away from one thousand in his managerial career, all with the Dodgers, of course, and before today's game, I presented everything that we talked about last night on Dodger Talk. Your first managerial win was here at Peko. It was a fifteen nothing, fifteen something win, figuring nothing, fifteen nothing, shut out, So you remember it, so you remember it.
Speaker 14: I heard vaguely, vaguely now it was. I mean it was twenty sixteen. It was a beautiful day at Petco Park. The sun was out.
Speaker 2: Now you know what.
Speaker 14: Kurse took them out, and yeah, you know, and I know I'm close to a thousand wins, which is bananas to even think about, but yeah, my first one was here and couldn't put a bow on it to win one thousand here, but a lot of gratefulness, a lot of great players, coaches and support for me. So I'm very very excited about that.
Speaker 2: How do you know I was gonna ask about you closing in on one thousand wins.
Speaker 14: I figured that was a little segue. So I did your job for you. You welcome, great feel.
Speaker 2: How about that. Dave Roberts knew where I was going with this. Yes, he's very aware of that. Now it's down to two wins, Dave Roberts, just two wins away from one thousand in his managing career, and like we mentioned last night, his first managing win with the Dodgers was Opening Day twenty sixteen. The Dodgers shut out the Padres that night, fifteen to nothing, with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. So yeah, I'm glad Dave acknowledged he's had some pretty good players over his eleven years, and the marriage between him and Andrew Friedman. Some marriages in LA don't last eleven years, and these two guys have. And look, there were some tenuous moments along the way that you know, maybe Dave wouldn't be around for his one thousand managerial win with the Dodgers, but they stuck it out and it's really paid off. The consistency, the continuity the Dodgers believe in, has lent itself to the sustained success. You look at the Padres changing managers every couple of years, it doesn't work. You look at the team up the Five Freeway, the Angels, changing gms, changing managers. It's not a recipe for success. You want continuity. The Dodgers had it with Walter Ralston and Al Campanis. They had it with Tommy Lesorda and Al Campanis, and then Fred Claire and now the Dodgers have it with Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman. So there is a common theme in all that. And Dave Roberts has already separated himself with back to back World Series championships, he would elevate that if the Dodgers are able to win this three peat, which they are in prime position to do, eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Dina in Seal Beach. You're on Dodger Talk Live from San Diego.
Speaker 15: Hi, Dina, Hi, I just wanted to say congratulations to the Dodgers. I think it's an amazing that we won two out of three on a road trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a good one in San Diego, especially after losening to out of three to the Orioles at home exactly.
Speaker 15: And I mean we should be more appreciative that we're ten games up and pantone two ninety four going down there representing Los Angeles. I mean, this is something special this team, and we don't have a couple.
Speaker 2: I think it was just regular fans finding their own way down here. Dina, I don't think they needed a travel agent to get him down here, but yeah, that group travels a lot. They even went down to Tijuana and put together a watch party for Justin Turner, who, by the way, I text to see if we could either get together while I was here in San Diego or maybe even go down to see a Tijuana Toros game last Thursday. But it's the All Star break for the Mexican League, and Justin Turner was an All Star of course, and he even participated in the home run derby for the Mexican All Star Breaks. So there you go. There's your update on Justin Turner and the Tijuana Toros. Eight six six two seventy is the phone number. By the way, this upcoming week we will have our Managers Meeting presented by Downy Hunday with Dave Roberts, the day after he wins his one thousandth victory in his managerial career. I also had a chance to talk to Dave about Freddie Freeman Frisky Freddie again, the way Freddie Freeman is moving in the last month or so, especially last night, a jump throw to start a double play and then scoring on an error by the second baseman, the ball kicks away, and Dino and Freddie on the same page and he scores head first into home plate. I mean, this is a rejuvenated Freddie Freeman. I asked Dave Roberts whether or not he has seen Freddie move like this in a while, that catlike quickness. Freddie movin better as the season has gone on. He scored on that ball that kicked away last night. He made that jump throw in the third inning. Do you feel like he's moving better than he has in a while? He is?
Speaker 14: He is, you know, I think that the last couple of years we got so used to seeing him banged up with the ankle, and I think it was maybe the knee or the back or whatever it was that he just wasn't moving well. But this is as good as he's moved in three years for me. On the basis defensively, he's playing great and it swings in a great spot too.
Speaker 2: Did you think he still had that in him? That jump throw?
Speaker 14: You know what he practices that, he practices that every day, So yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: He's moving pretty well. I don't know if he practices that every day. I mean, I'm out here watching him. I see him do some ground balls at shortstop. He does that once in a while, but yeah, Freddy Freeman looking frisky these days around first base is from what I understand talking to people around the Dodgers that have a glimpse at the advanced analytics, the way we are watching Freddy Freeman move around first base matches up with the defensive analytics that he is moving the best that he has moved in quite some time. Laterally around first base. He's always been a great guy to save throws in the dirt, being a great scooper at first base, but the way he's moving around the bag laterally, and we're actually even seeing Freddy Freeman take ground balls to first base on his own. Usually in the last couple of years we see him feeding the pitcher. But Freddie Freeman this year has been moving a lot better. And even Dave Roberts confirmed that speaking of covering first base, it was a little dice in the sixth inning when Alex Vesia didn't cover first base when Jackson Merrill got aboard and then got into scoring position and then scored that run never should have scored. Vessia forgot to cover first base, and that could have been a difference making run and nobody knows about it more than Alex Vessia. That was very out of characters. So those are the type of things, the little things that the Dodgers do better than other teams. And you see it. When you don't, it costs you runs. And when it's a two run ballgame, you know, in the sixth inning, there was still a lot of game left, and the Padres still have a lot of dangerous hitters, even though the offense hasn't really clicked for them this year. You still got Merril, you still got Machado, you still got tattoos, and Douhar's dangerous. So that was a little bit of a nervous type of situation that also created the chain effect the later in the game to make it still a game in the eighth inning after that second run scored because Vesia didn't cover first base. So I'm sure I am one hundred percent positive that will not happen again with Alex Vesia involved. All Right, that'll do it for us today, Dodger talk. Great to be with you on this getaway day. The Dodgers will be in Sacramento tomorrow. Eric Lower will be on the mound for the Dodgers, there will be no opener. Lauer will start the game, and in five games with the Dodgers for of them, starts one of them as a bulk innings pitcher. He is two to zero with an ERA of two point fifty four. He's going up against Gage Jump, who's only made six starts in his major league career, but has been a really good starter for the Sacramento as he's three to one with an ERA of two zero four. Our coverage begins at five point thirty tomorrow with first pitch at six forty with Rick Munde and Tim Neverritt from Sacramento and Taoscar Hernandez is expected to be activated before the game Tomorrow night, so Taoscar Hernandez likely will be in left field for the Dodgers again, coming back from that Grade one left hamstring strain. Ta Oscar was three for thirteen in his short rehab stint with Oklahoma City. All three hits were home run, so looking forward to having ta Oscar Hernandez back in the Dodgers starting lineup Tomorrow night. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here Petco Park. Thanks to Colin me back at our burd Banks Studios and thanks to you for listening. In case you missed any of the show or or get to know Chucky Robinson pregame interview, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. We will talk to you tomorrow with Petros and Money, the best afternoon drive talk show in LA. They are what twenty years and running is there's still controversy over that. Anyway, We'll have a live report on Petros and Money show and we'll talk to you with Tim Kats and Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck at five point thirty. Thanks again for listening. Have a great rest of your Sunday. Once again, the final score of the Dodgers beat the Padres four to two. Have a great rest of your day. Sea Just start