Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio. While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: I don't crack use the under pressure.
Speaker 1: Puss Puss Puss every damn night, excellent Warriors, Big Gargeorge, Where's Chargers?
Speaker 2: Pid Spandel? To free oneself is nothing.
Speaker 3: The arduous task is to know what to do with one's freedom.
Speaker 2: Bulcome back, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's Petrosan Money on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: But tonight it's Clipper Basketball.
Speaker 3: Yay Clippers at the Brooklyn Nets pregame with fully functional employee Adam at three point thirty, tip off at four thirty.
Speaker 2: I can't again.
Speaker 3: I cannot think of anything more desirable for somebody to do with their evening than listen to that on the radio. Right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, we have the NFL Wildcard Game action coming up on Sunday. Yes, Matt is in Foxborough and he'll be on with Shannon Farren and the One and Only Daniel Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Kickoff is at five, so enjoy that.
Speaker 4: We've got a lot of time in the Northeast for Shannon and DJ and Matt to do some touring around. You know, let's do the Paul Revere's Trail there, make your way.
Speaker 2: Through, you mean the Freedom the Freedom.
Speaker 4: Trail there, you go, do the Freedom Trail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's all kinds of landmarks in Boston, a lot of great American.
Speaker 4: History bought to Lexington or Concord.
Speaker 3: Lexington, Massachusetts. They could even go to Cambridge to see Harvard. There's many things to do. They can go to Plymouth Rock to see the rock.
Speaker 4: Been there.
Speaker 3: It's kind of what I hear is it's a little bit underwhelming, just a rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're like, this is it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 4: What's next on the list?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Still, I mean, they could do things. We never gave Matt obstructions.
Speaker 4: I feel like you did, though. I think you planted the seed pretty well the things you can do, But.
Speaker 2: We didn't officially do anything.
Speaker 3: We didn't put him and I think partially because we had the big, long, live show and that's a horse of a different color, and partially because I just wasn't because of the way he treated the last year. I mean, he was some revisionist history on the show.
Speaker 4: This is true, this is but he's got a good two days because.
Speaker 3: Of the way he treated the Houston situation, I am. I was reluctant to look into it very deeply.
Speaker 2: I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He did make the effort to go out to that fountain in Houston. He could have said he tried and did.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, I mean, but he was supposed to complete at least two, right he out of three or four, and he just did that and the fountain wasn't on.
Speaker 4: Now, if you're mad, in the last two times the Chargers have made the playoffs, you've had to go on the road, and you have sent him to do these obstructions Jacksonville and Houston.
Speaker 2: And he's complaining more and more every year about.
Speaker 4: What happened in both those games. Games they thought they thought they were gonna win and they lost. So I think he's seeing this is I don't want to be the Jinx anymore. I'm just not gonna go. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they had won on the obstructions, then we would have more of a foundation to stand on content, but we don't.
Speaker 4: How is he supposed to get on that charter? Look Jim Harbaugh in the eye and like coach, it's all my fault. It's my fault instructions.
Speaker 2: Working on that theme, Tim, it is time for the final hour. Fun fat the fact. It's yeah, we're three. Fun fact.
Speaker 3: It's brought to you by Concordia University, Irvine Masters in Coaching Program.
Speaker 2: There's a great thing in the world and it's called a coach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, five thousand graduates of this program. You could be one of the next ones. Just go to CUI dot edu slash coaching. You guys should just let me freelance those you know you're welcome.
Speaker 2: No, you just cut me off.
Speaker 4: Maybe you want to highlight a coach.
Speaker 2: I was doing a heartfelt thing and whatever, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Maybe you want to mention a coach that was influential.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not now, not not after that, not after this night.
Speaker 4: I like to shout out coach Vaya at Borrows High School, who was my baseball coach and very instrumental in making me a better person on and off the field.
Speaker 2: Soot to coach ye, the coach Vaya.
Speaker 3: I was making a real point. You jumped in like an animal, tore my head off.
Speaker 4: What's a fun fact?
Speaker 2: The fun fact is about Foxborough? Where that is?
Speaker 3: And we didn't give him obstructions, probably because we were on the road yesterday at BJ's as I sat our. Next BJ's event is January twenty second at Irvine. Yes, give me that nineteenth century New England hymnal music.
Speaker 2: How about a fun fact about Foxborough?
Speaker 3: Okay or two named for a British politician, Charles James Fox, who supported American colonies before the Revolutionary War. Was once the strong hacked capital of the world.
Speaker 4: Was once and has now been taken over.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, Well, the straw hat used to be not really.
Speaker 3: That popular anymore, you don't say, well, other than lifeguards and stuff. But you know, back in the eighteen hundreds, especially the late eighteen hundreds, everybody, everybody wanted to have a cool straw hat.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, you're not going to mention high school football coaches and straw hats. I mean, we were just talking about influential coaches in people's lives. Did the Master's and coaching program at concord A University Irvine? High school football coaches in those straw hats that the lifeguard.
Speaker 2: That's what coach Va wore.
Speaker 4: That's what all the coaches were now during two days hell week as we called them back in the day.
Speaker 3: Buttrick, yeah, yeah, well basically, like you know, Schnellenberger speaking of Miami Football Works straw hat too. The Union Straw Works was the world's largest straw hat factory right there in Foxboro, the home of Bob Kraft's Pats.
Speaker 2: In the heart of New England. It was huge.
Speaker 3: Sadly it burned down in nineteen hundred. A straw is pretty flammable.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Was never built again.
Speaker 4: That's a shame.
Speaker 3: The land now has the Foxboro Post Office on it. But I bet you those flammable straw dogs were pretty stylish and pretty sweet and not like your coach's big stupid lifeguard straw.
Speaker 4: Hat all the high school football coaches where I'm now, Petrock.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, protects your whole head.
Speaker 4: I mean there used to be like ten bucks. Now you can get him for like sixty bucks because some fancy company put a label on there.
Speaker 2: Now, I grew up around a lot of lifeguards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put a quick silver patch on one of those hats that he charged thirty more bucks for it, right leaves.
Speaker 2: All right, it is todd for quick ach.
Speaker 4: I'm Toms quick atch. I'll make it.
Speaker 3: Quick, y'all.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Coming up in about ninety minutes in Atlanta is Indiana versus Oregon. The winner gets Miami and the National Championship Game. Old miss that quarterback Trinidad Chambliss.
Speaker 4: I like him a lot, Petros.
Speaker 3: He's been denied denayed a sixth year of eligibility by the NC DOUBLEA.
Speaker 4: So it's cool Carson Beck plays from like pre COVID to now, But Trinidad Chambell has played at a D two school balls out, as you say, at the Division one level for one year and they can't give an extra year of eligibility.
Speaker 3: I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. It feels like there's a lot of twenty five year old guys playing college football now. When I was playing and I was twenty three, I was considered extremely old. So it's changed a lot. And that's too bad. But he's going to be in the draft, so he'll get drafted.
Speaker 4: I just saw a UCLA player transfer out go into the portal. He was at UCLA from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty five and now is a seventh year of eligibility. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you start comparing one guy's story to another guy's and then look at the reasoning as to why they said no, it's pretty infuriating. And it's not It's always been that way, it really has. The Chargers are getting ready for their big wildcard Jones should we bring back the choir music?
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: That's good Foxborough Deep, New England nineteen hundreds music. They're getting ready for their wild card game versus the Pats on Sunday night. We talked to Joe Hortiz yesterday.
Speaker 2: It should be a.
Speaker 3: Biblical game and the cold and the wind and the rain. The Chargers are a slight three and a half point road dog. Quarterback Justin Herbert Matt's favorite person on Earth who did play did not play in the week eighteen game versus the Broncos said and I think we should leave the choir on to make them more interesting, because he is notoriously laconic.
Speaker 2: But he said that the rest helped his bad hand, you.
Speaker 5: Know, getting you know, all swelling out, getting better, you know, mobility of a better strength, getting back to you know, the way it was before. So you know, we're always making strides forward and doing everything I can in the treatment room, you know, out on the field. So I thought it was good to have that week. I'd tell it definitely, you know, not taking hits on it last week was probably pretty helpful for it limited kind of the swelling and just getting back to, you know, making sure that you have got full strength, being able to hold onto a football.
Speaker 4: I'm convinced Chargers are gonna win. I the Bolts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should do that from now on. Play the church music behind.
Speaker 4: Him, well, you know. Shannon Fahren on her show on KFI during the week, wanted to duplicate what the priest in Pittsburgh did last Sunday in sprinkling holy water on the end zone.
Speaker 2: She's not a priest.
Speaker 4: Well, she wanted to find a priest to give her holy water to put it out there at Foxborough.
Speaker 2: Good luck, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, good luck fighting the Catholics in New England. Oh yeah, cut the music because Stafford, the old makeout king, doesn't get any them hitting the road for a wild card matchup at the Carolina Panthers on Saturday. You keep put hitting the road in the copy, and I keep saying it the same way.
Speaker 2: Hit the rude. It makes me feel like an idiot.
Speaker 3: The Rams are ten and a half point favorites Matt's among many other things.
Speaker 2: Matt Stafford, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you wouldn't You wouldn't know it, but he's excited about playing in the postseason at this point of his career.
Speaker 6: I just don't take any of these opportunities for granted, whether it's playing in you know, getting to play in this weekend where you know, only half the league's you know, still playing football and enjoying those moments, or it's week one, you know, I just I really do appreciate and love playing this game week in and week out. And I don't take him for granted because I've had years where either haven't been able to play in the playoffs or haven't been able to play in certain games because of injury. So it feels great to be at this point. It's on us to just continue to be the team that we've been, prepare the way we know how to prepare, go out there and play, and then see where that takes us.
Speaker 3: Well, Okay, good luck to everybody involved. The Raiders have reportedly interviewed several candidates for their head coaching vacancy. Tim Kates works on the Raider broadcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like Broncos quarterback coach Davis Webb.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's how old I am. I think I called his gage one percent. You did.
Speaker 4: Cliff Kingsbury was his coach at Texas Tech. He was in the same quarterback room with Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech. He's thirty one and now considered this genius of a quarterback coach and guru, and now he's going to be a head coach somewhere maybe the Raiders. They've also interviewed former Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski, Broncos defensive coordinator Vance Joseph, and Seahawks O C Clint Kubiak, who is in Vegas today interviewing with the Silver and Black. But hearing Vance Joseph's name got me thinking. Petrows got me remembering back to when Vance Joseph was the head coach in Denver.
Speaker 7: Here on the field, from up close, just watching coach Vance Joseph from here.
Speaker 4: You watch him now on the screen.
Speaker 7: This diversity in his background is helping him a lot tonight. Yes, learning back to Colorado defensive back in the NFL.
Speaker 6: And here he is having the time of his life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta say. I quote that all the time. No one knows what I'm talking about. All I always say is like I pointed to screen, I say, you see him there on your screen.
Speaker 2: I say that, and.
Speaker 4: Here he is having the time of his life.
Speaker 3: Say that a lot and nobody reacts, but I feel it quickly.
Speaker 4: Forget Sergio dip from.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget. What is this with the Peacock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've announced the TV schedule for NBC Peacock, which is gonna take over Sunday night baseball.
Speaker 3: You could tell me this and it always creeps up on me. It's like, oh, do you know the nights games on Peacock.
Speaker 4: Hey, the first spring training game on the Dodgers network. Here is on February twenty first, the season opener will be late in March. The Dodgers will be on NBC and in primetime four different times this year. The Angels will be on Peacock four times with two primetime appearances. Of course, all the Dodger games can be heard right here on an FHI sid Sports. Yeah, you don't have to go search in on Apple or pe Cock or Fox or Spectrum right here, right here. Uh, it seems like there's some big news here. Yeah, this is a big one. The world's a safer place now. He tweeted this out. Arrest of four men by the Burbank Police Department. Great job, BPD. The four individuals are suspects and that break in robbery of LA Sports cards. Wait, but this was this your place? No, this is the place right down all of down by talent Ram, the.
Speaker 2: Place that you go to. Burbank Sports a special relationship with Colin.
Speaker 4: And Burbank Sports Cards on Hollywood. Away, this is LA.
Speaker 3: Sports even shows up at the Burbank right. Yeah, he walks in like sticks his nose in there.
Speaker 4: The four men were tracked down by Burbank Police arrested, and they've got evidence linking the individuals. They found sports cards at the place of arrest linking them to the break in. So congratulations and the world in baseball card community is a safer place now with four men arrested for that break in. And I don't know if these are tied into the other ones, but at least this robbery was.
Speaker 2: Did you have inside information about this situation?
Speaker 4: I cannot talk about it, Petros.
Speaker 2: Were you actively involved in the investigation?
Speaker 4: But no, that's a great question by you.
Speaker 2: But when you want to ride along like Steve Gregory.
Speaker 4: That would be so awesome. I've always wanted to go on to ride along, by the way, why don't you, little wood gun? I mean, it'd be awesome, is it?
Speaker 3: Because a lot of the cop people you know are on a motorcycle and you'd look like Ason Gary if you were.
Speaker 2: On the back rubbing your poots on his back.
Speaker 4: I looked like Robert Halliburton, who is our dead guy earlier no relation to the basketball player who got his tyre's Halliburt.
Speaker 3: They made a bunch of shots down to stretch in the playoffs miracle games and then blew his leg in game seven or game six, right, and that's game seven.
Speaker 2: Didn't meet anything? Yeah, not really.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations to the BPD. There's one thing we love and that is the Burbank Police Department. In the NBA, the Lakers twenty three and twelve, they're at home tonight versus.
Speaker 2: The bill Right, Milwaukee Bucks.
Speaker 3: Coming off a loss to the San Antonio Spurs. We talked to Don McClain in the first hour. But another one of those games where they were missing three starters, which is something that JJ Reddick is getting used to.
Speaker 8: We did a lot of really good things and frankly, the last six games, outside of maybe a quarter and a half against Detroit, have been really good and they've all been shorthanded. And this is how we're going to have to win, and this is how we're going to have to compete and be in games right now. It's just the reality and the group has embraced that. And yeah, I'll go to battle with him.
Speaker 2: Thank you, JJ Reddick. I'm sorry that you were so bothered.
Speaker 4: I don't think you have any options.
Speaker 2: JJ.
Speaker 4: It's not like you can go and bring new guys in. What you got is what you got when guys are hurt, So deal with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, The Clippers are coming up next, and we have a lot of football, not just the Chargers on KFI, a lot of the football games on the station over the weekend. So enjoy the pro football, enjoy the games tonight. That's Fruit in Las Uegos. And don't forget we did it Before the Show podcast so you can listen and go on the internet and we'll tweet it out. There isn't before the Show podcast that Tim and I did going through some stuff from today's show.
Speaker 2: God bless you all. Have a great weekend and take care