Speaker 1: The News Chokie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, July twenty third, twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from a one thousand dollars live stream to a real doorbell video straight out of a horror movie. It is a popular politician actually faking her voice. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam Moore, Seeling is here, Hello, so are you? You can join us with a dispatch Coviothewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right in the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 1: Pretty good?
Speaker 2: How about you? Good good, good, good good good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Excited for Fritz on the street later on today. We got that going on the turn of dawn. He'll be back, yes, thousand dollars maybe on the line, who knows, who knows. We'll get into all this in just a moment here on the show. Let's start off as we always do. Listen to our ears the ground, our fingers on the pulse, lis see what's happening in this great, big wide world of ours and we go to a FedEx store Sea Lane. Yes, indeed, indeed it's right. We go to a FedEx store. Why well, uh, there's a guy who came to pick up his package at the FedEx store. And let's just let's just watch. We'll see what happens here. We'll describe it for everybody. Here's the gentleman showing up to get his FedEx package.
Speaker 3: I got a thing for him.
Speaker 2: It's now I don't know yet, all right. It said on this side of the box that this guy got at this FedEx. It said live animals. Temperature is sensitive. Right, they're shipping live animals.
Speaker 4: This is not some sort of like animal trafficking. This shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. She knew there's an animal in there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she knew, it says right in the box.
Speaker 2: I am kind of amazed that you can buy live animals through the mail. Like you want me to ship you something, sure, i'll ship it to you.
Speaker 1: Here it is.
Speaker 2: I'll just put it in a box, tape it up, just like it's a T shirt or something. And that's what they did here. And then the guy goes, oh, yeah, there has been.
Speaker 4: A couple of inadvertent live animals have been shipped out with our T shirt. It's here or there, small one.
Speaker 2: Here He goes the iguana Paul's ass out of the box that it was shipped in and starts chasing all of the FedEx workers all around this. You don't say, I mean, who would have thought the iguana?
Speaker 5: This is like Celia I was. I was horrified. One time.
Speaker 2: I was with an X one time on a flight and she was flying with her her cat. She was bringing her cat with her in a little cage and she kept, like, you know, trying to make sure the cat was okay in the cage. And at one point she's like, I'm gonna pet her, and she opens the door to the cage and the cat jumps out of the cage and crawls over the top of the seat and then crawls down like five or six rows of chairs. And now now we're looking for the cat hiding under somebody's chair on a flight, And I'm shouldn't.
Speaker 4: That be like the number one rule is don't open the cage. Yeah, don't show open the cage.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This guy's like, you want to see the iguana, I'll take it out here.
Speaker 6: You go.
Speaker 1: Lost feet.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yet he just buy these things to the mail. They're hitting the deck at seventy's just like.
Speaker 4: I mean to be fair, though, that iguana went for it, like as soon as it saw, you know, light, because it's probably pretty dark in that box the whole time in that white bag, as soon as it saw that there was an ounce of freedom, a breath of fresh air, it was hauling ass.
Speaker 2: Who would have thunk it that the the giant lizard that you shipped in a box across the world would haul ass when you finally let it out of its enclosure.
Speaker 4: And he just told her it was six feet and so like even if it's like if it was inaccurate or he was just kind of teasing her, the bag's moving around like you know, crazy, I would be.
Speaker 2: I would be a little little freaked out too. I have to tell you. When I see stuff like this, I'm like, why are we Why are we allowed to do this? Why are we allowed to ship gina iguanas I could buy fish if I wanted to?
Speaker 5: Why am I allowed to buy fish?
Speaker 2: Why is somebody allowed to take a fish out of a tank, put it in a plastic bag and ship it across the country. The only thing I could think of is, at least we have evolved, because at one point in time, you used to be able to mail your kids. You can put your kids through the Postal Service, right, and at least we've moved on past that step. Are the Postal Service?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you never heard this. Oh my go wait, hold on, you used to be able to mail kids. That's a strange thing to search all right, here we go when people used to use the Postal Service to mail their children. This is from history dot Com. Gotta be legit. Right. In the early days of the US Parcel Service, there weren't clear guidelines about what you could and couldn't mail, and the story says in January nineteen thirteen, an Ohio couple took advantage of the US Postal Service's new parcel service to make a very special delivery their infant son. They paid fifteen cents for his stamps in an unknown amount to insure him for fifty bucks. That's it.
Speaker 4: They got fifty bucks of insurance. But that's nineteen thirteen. I want to get that insurance though, just in case you might as well. Then they handed him over to the mailman who dropped the boy off at his grandmother's house.
Speaker 2: A mile away. A mile yeah. Yeah. Regulations about what you couldn't couldn't send through the mail, we're vague. This is like an early uber. Basically, this is the mailman shows up in nineteen thirteen. I'm here with the mailse what mail would you like? And the mailman shows up and they go, we'd like you to take this infant to another house. Here's some postage. We want the insurance. Yes, please, and thank you. You used to be able to do this. Now we just send giant lizards. That's what we do. I don't know if this is right or wrong. You could let me know how you feel about it. Send that over it with your dispatches on the newsjunkie dot com today. All right, many things to work through, and I did want to share this. I made a short video out of this yesterday. But this is just for you. I mean, this is just for you. If you're having a tough day at work, if you're if you're out there struggling trying to get through today, you ain't got nothing on some of the people out there. I just want to make that as clear as possible, because I saw this god. He was working in a sign. Okay, that was his job for the day. He was working in a sign. Did you see this video? I saw what you posted. Yeah, okay. The guy was working inside of a sign. Now when I say that, you might hear that escape my mouth and think, well, yeah, Sean, he was working inside of a sign. It was a sign like ten fifteen feet off of the ground. No, this was one that was near like an interstate or something. Obviously, because the sign you know, like the ones that shoot way up in the air, correct, like one hundred and thirty hundred and forty feet up in the air. And the guy got stuck inside the sign. Up there, stuck inside a gas station sign, one hundred and thirty feet up in the air. Your day is not going as poorly as his was, Okay, And here's what happened.
Speaker 6: Look at that thumbs up.
Speaker 7: The man appeared to be in good spirits despite being stranded inside this massive truck stop sign.
Speaker 2: For Cosy.
Speaker 7: Fire official say the worker was doing maintenance near the Lorenzo Road exit off I fifty five in Wilmington when that lift that got him up there insta problem that happened around eleven twos.
Speaker 2: So he got up there in this lift, This giant lift gets him way up into the air and it's, you know, one hundred and thirty feet up, and he crawls into this sign and he's working on the sign and stuff and all is going well, and then the suspension or whatever on the lift starts to fall and it starts shrinking down, and he's like what And he sees the lift just shrinking back down to the ground away from him.
Speaker 5: So they call out the fire department.
Speaker 2: Problem is, the fire department only has one hundred foot ladders and he's one hundred and thirty feet up the apartment.
Speaker 5: They're like, ah, we can't get to you here.
Speaker 2: So they have to get a ladder from like two cities away, three cities away, and they give it a police escort all the way to the scene so they can help this guy.
Speaker 7: Same morning, the sign stands about one hundred and thirty feet tall. Crazy has no ladder, which proved to be an issue for responding fire crews, whose ladders only reach about one hundred feet tall. Crews initially struggled to find equipment tall enough to reach him. They eventually found a specialized lift at a job site in Juliet, and Illinois State Police escorted it to Wilmington about five hours after he became trapped the scene getting into a crane basket and was brought safely back down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Guess what, that'd be my last day at work. That'd be it for me. That would be the end of my career.
Speaker 4: But you also don't have a career in fixing signs like this guy is used to being up at heights that big, and while this is highly annoying, I think, like you know, he might continue the career. However, I think maybe a week or two off, Yeah, for his troubles, for this, for this Yeah, and he's in there to give them the thumbs up. This guy like wow, no, thank you for guys. And by the way, the five hours the police escort getting one hundred and fifty foot ladder from two cities away, was there not any discussion about I mean there was obviously once the news caught wind of this, helicopors flying around getting the the the camera shot of this guy. The chopper gonna do though, same thing with the ladder, same thing they would do for a water rescue, you know, So that get a guy to repel down get I mean it might be hard to get him close enough to the sign, just because the you know, if the if the helicopter, if it's windy, if it's moving around, and maybe it's too dangerous. But you would think maybe they could drop him along and just be like, hey, hey, connect to this and let's let's get you out of here.
Speaker 5: That's a big no for me.
Speaker 2: I have no interest at all in getting up at a sign and working.
Speaker 4: And when I was younger, and maybe not even that much younger, I thought if you look at that sign, if you go back to that video, you could see like how the the base of it is quite wide, and then it gets a little bit less wide and a little bit less wide as it goes up. I thought those signs were on some sort of hydraulicsis and anytime they need to fix it, anytime they need to telescopic. Yes, I thought those signs did those we're talking about teroscope up. We're talking these big signs that you see like on a major highway when there's a truck stop or there's a there are a handful of eating and fueling options in one spot. They have a bunch of these signs on there. But the the the base, like the diameter of the base of the sign gets smaller as you go up in sections. And I thoughtcott telescope wise that it would just come down.
Speaker 5: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And that's how you fixed it or replaced it. A couple of emails to get it started off today, justin emails tips at the news Junkie dot com, and he says, two things from yesterday's show, So I have some insight on today's show. Well, by now it's yesterday's show. He says, you're right about that listening here in West Palm Beach, Florida. First, the whole dui in a vehicle if you're not driving, He says, I got a DUI one night after getting off work up in Maryland. It was Valentine's Day and I was supposed to crash at my friend's place, but he met a female friend and I no longer had that option open to me. We had been drinking all night. After one. You got a duy for being a wingman your friend. Oh yeah, that's next level, he says. It was freezing outside and too cold. I had nowhere to go and I didn't want to drive. Instead, I got in my car and turned on the heat and went to sleep. And I was just going to go to work the next morning in the sand clothes I wore from the day before. A cop knocked on my door and woke me up. My car was completely frozen from freezing rain, so I opened the door. Yes, I was drunk, but I had no intention on driving. I only turned my car on to heat it up so I didn't freeze to death overnight. I was arrested that day for a DUI. My lawyer got it dismissed because you can use your car as a shelter in extreme conditions. Interesting pole unlocked everybody, all right, lou poll and lock. There was a case he were to that legitimized his claim. I wanted it was dismissed, He says, uh. And I'll stay on this topic very quickly because I made a highlight video show highlight video for YouTube out of this pick a side we did yesterday where the woman got caught having sex in the back seat with this guy she met at the bar, and then the cop showed up and saw that they were drunk. He sent the guy on his way, but because she was in her car and she had her keys in her in her car and it was on even though they were like, you know, fooling around inside the car. The cop gave her the UI and she ended up getting more charges and stuff, and some of the comments were like, are you serious with this? Do you really think that cops should treat you different based on your behavior with them?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 8: Or yes?
Speaker 4: And ironically, yet if you are if you pause real quick, do you think they don't?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Of course.
Speaker 4: I mean like on the other side of the spectrum of behavior here, you don't think that you're treated a little, not worse, but you don't think that they'll go through the full amount of punishment that they legally can if you're a complete a hole to them, right, like.
Speaker 2: If you're compliant in proper and decent and respectful and doing all those things which she was doing. She was compliant, she was respectful, she was listening to everything the officer said, She was doing her best to do it. I can't even grasp the idea that you don't think those should be treated differently.
Speaker 5: So I was like, or are or are treated different?
Speaker 2: Or are already?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like the idea that the CoP's gonna pull you over and if one person in car one is like, f you, copper, I'm not rolling down the window, I'm not being compliant, I'm not helping. I'm not doing any of those things. And then the other car is somebody saying I'm so sorry now, and they follow along with every little instruction that you give quite obviously to me. Maybe you guys don't agree, but I think most of you do, not even police officers. Just in just in life, yeah, and just in general. I would think I that that would be something.
Speaker 4: Do you think that I like, say you were at a bar and you were a complete dick the whole time to the bartender. You're getting charged for every little thing, and you know, and if you were totally cool in stuff, that might be a place where they're like, hey, you know you've been fun. Here's a shot on me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's just life. It's life in general. I agree.
Speaker 2: Secondly, he says in the email back to Justin about that apartment that was flooding the one below. I ran a condo in an hoa community. One night, my ceiling started to drip and then it got worse. We thought it was from the condo upstairs. They have every right to legally go into an apartment to find the source. Fortunately for them, it wasn't coming from them, but my dryer ducked from the dryer outside. The thing had never been cleaned out since the building was built in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: Yike, so much drier lit.
Speaker 2: It was about three full trash bags worth of dryer in the line and that was making it a drip. So the Condon say, I guess couldn't get out.
Speaker 4: I don't know, or it was like you know, like was there a weather that was entering the line and like just absorbing into all that lint.
Speaker 2: Well, he says, it slowly got heavy and cracked where the duck was taped into the connection part and just slowly kept dripping until it started to run down a beam and on my ceiling and it was falling apart and leaking down the wall. The hoa has every right to go into an apartment in this case, thought this could help love the show. Wiggle Wiggle pop Pop says, justin, thanks for the good email to get it started.
Speaker 4: Justin, I thought i'd come back more about that guy that they just let free. You know, he's he's hooking up with the with the girl in the car and then the cops, Hey, what do you guys do? And then they start questioning both of them, and then they set the guy free and they give her the DUI. And I was like, if I was the guy, I'd be so pissed off that I just got and this is not my own saying. Somebody on the chatter text messages was like, the guy got cop blocked.
Speaker 5: He got cop blocked.
Speaker 2: Yeah by the car, Yeah, you know. And I was like, man, if.
Speaker 4: Depending on what point in the sex timeline they were at, I would be so mad if I were that dude. I know somebody who's had that happen to them. Where they were, you know, in the car, things were getting hot and heavy, and the cop was like, on your way, guys, this is not happening here.
Speaker 5: Bye bye, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll get into a couple of things. We want to give you a thousand bucks. We'll hopefully make that happen today. Also, I am I'm fuming about a big change that just happened to all of our lives. This will affect you, and I'm fuming about it. You will be too. I'll tell you what's going on that's coming up next and the news junkie. I think this is unfair. I don't like this. I'm never playing again because of this, but maybe you are. However, I have to tell you, when I saw this headline this morning, I thought I didn't know that was a thing. I didn't know that was happening. Powerball player is outraged. You still play Powerball Sea Land or No once in a while if there's a really big jackpot. Well tell me if this changes your mind. Powerball players outraged over lottery's historic expansion abroad, people saying it's rigged anyway.
Speaker 5: Right, it's rigged anyway.
Speaker 2: Powerball players in the US avowed that they will never play again after it reached the shores of the United Kingdom. Why amid its international expansion, Accusing officials of corruption. Jackpot hopeful say they will play their state lottery games rather than test their luck at winning the massive prize, which now stands at over six hundred million dollars. It doesn't make it any different, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: In fact, the more people that play powerball, the better it is for everybody, because the when there's not a winner, that that money just goes to the jackpot.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that true, though, like more people play, aren't isn't that harder for you to get? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, because you're playing against the odds of landing. What is what is the power ball six numbers plus a power power ball? Or is it five numbers plus a power ball? I think it's five plus a power ball, but I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It might be six.
Speaker 4: So let's just say it's five numbers plus a power ball. Your odds, it's not like more people play. The only thing that happens if more when more people play, is if more than one person gets that exact combination of numbers, you have to split the jackpot. Now that is annoying, However, it doesn't change your odds of winning. The more people playing, and the more people that.
Speaker 2: The whole world was playing, that would change your odds. No, it doesn't change your odds. Oh, because the game you're still trying to guess what you could get multiple winners though, right, like, yeah, you're the whole world is playing. You got billions of people playing the power ball, Like then all of a sudden, the odds of oh, well, guess what, six hundred and fifty two people split the jackpot?
Speaker 4: Ride I don't think six fifty two people have ever gotten the jackpot on a power not yet.
Speaker 2: Because they used to only play in the United States of America. They used to only play in a handful of faith. Now they're opening up to these folks in the UK. You know why, because they want to afford an air conditioning over there. They want to try to get through this summer with an AC and that's what they're doing their aircar and tickets. So the overhall odds of winning the powerball jackpot are one in two point nine excuse me, one in two nine two point two million. You have to correctly match all five white balls drawn from a pool of sixty nine, like you get. It's easy if it was like one to ten or one to twenty one to sixty nine and the single red powerball drawn from a pool of twenty six. Okay, it's incredibly hard. The jackpot odds are extremely steep. Your overall chances of winning any prize in the game, meaning hitting a couple numbers and getting like one of the smaller payouts, is one in twenty four point eighty seven. I don't want other countries participating in our lottery. I'm gonna say it I'm just gonna say it. I don't want them participating in our lottery, even if the game is still just as difficult. I understand what you're saying. I understand the math and the logic of it. I think this should be a thing for us in the United States of America. All right, maybe there could be another lottery that's the World Lottery, the Global Lottery, and everybody from little kids in Cambodia can get tickets to like, you know, folks down under in Australia.
Speaker 5: But I think this is no good.
Speaker 2: I don't want the UK folks like imagine that all of a sudden, some brit with no teeth wins and goes up to the microphone holding the big check. I won the Palwa Ball.
Speaker 5: You know, they're like, they've got it.
Speaker 2: They've got it there in Surrey or some dumb town you've never been to. I don't want that. I mean, I'm not probably I'm not going to play anyone, but if you are, let me know if this changes your mind in any way. They are globalizing the power ball right now. Sea Lane is unfazed by this.
Speaker 4: I think that the more people that play the power Ball, the quicker that jackpot, and the higher that jackpot will go up.
Speaker 2: No, hold on, let me see what they say here. This is Good Morning America talking about this. Let's see if they vindicate you, because you're right. I know you're right about the number.
Speaker 9: All starts with tonight's massive powerball drawing. For the first time, residents of the United Kingdom will be able to win the jack yesterday, tickets went on sale all over the UK. So the good news, the lottery says, by expanding the pool of ticket buyers grow faster and higher without raising the two dollars ticket price or changing the winning.
Speaker 2: I've talked over her making my point.
Speaker 4: Now go back a couple of seconds, she says, the jackpot will rise.
Speaker 2: I heard yapping, and I didn't hear anything that vindicated you in any possible way.
Speaker 5: I will go back.
Speaker 9: Hold on, let me see ticket buyers, the top prize will grow faster and higher without raising the two dollars ticket price or changing the odds of winning.
Speaker 3: As low as they are.
Speaker 9: The bad news, of course, is that someone across the pond could end up hitting the jackpot and winning all that money.
Speaker 6: It is a good.
Speaker 9: Time for new players to get in on the action. Tonight's jackpot is worth a whopping five hundred and sixty seven million dollars or about four.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. I only want the United States of America involved in these games. It's too expansive. It starts to feel like there's too many people. And when more people play, I don't care if it affects my odds, like you're saying the numbers wise, it feels like it does. It does. It feels like it affects my odds. It feels like it affects the odds of the game that you won't play.
Speaker 4: I would play it if it was is This sounds like them changing the rules at the gym, you know, and you're like, wow, I.
Speaker 2: Can't believe they would low this at the gym. It's the gym that I don't go to. Yeah, sure, okay, all right, yeah, I agree, that's obviously correct. But the US Powerball jackpot is going international. Now, those of you who play regularly, give us your thoughts, because I know a lot of you are out there.
Speaker 5: You're you're playing these games every single week.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it makes perfect financial sense, but give it a shot and let us know if the international version works any better.
Speaker 4: I think we have this like this weird premonition or notion that the lottery is somehow like an American patriotic institution just because it's something all of us do. But I mean, we have the state lotteries and then we have these national lotteries. But essentially it's just legal gambling run by a corporation that is the lottery.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what it is. This is redistribution of wealth.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: The Americans all put their money into the power Ball, the poros and everybody else, middle class folks with a dream, and everybody buys all their Powerball tickets in the United States of America, and then some schmuck over in Lincolnshire or whatever wins in the UK, and then that guy takes all of our American money.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 4: If you don't like it, then and you want to tug at the heartstrings of real patriotic salt of the earth Americans, then time to pony up and start eagle Ball and it'll be a lottery that you promise from day one that will only exist in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: Eagle Ball is so much better than power Ball. Just for the record, and the power Ball has an ego on it. I'm already working on this. This is going to be so much better because here's how this is supposed to go. The United States of America is a beautiful place, and what we do is we take our money from each other. So if all the poros put their money in a pot, like putting it in the middle of the monopoly board when you go Pasco or whatever, you pay your fines or whatever it is you do. I guess you get paid when you go Pasco, But when you pay your fines, you put in the middle of the monopoly board, and then some person gets all that money. It's fine if it's all the porros and middle class people with a dream who are in the United States taking each other's money. But the moment some foreigner takes all of those people's dollars from the power ball and brings it over there, that's a no go from me. But we want to know what you think about all of this. Send us a dispatch over on thenewsjunkie dot com right now. Okay, many many things to work in here on the show, including you your dispatches. That's how you join us. You can record yours over at the Newsjunkie dot com. That's where the website is, The Newsjunkie dot Com. You'll see audio dispatches, video dispatches if you want to let us see you because I'd love to see your face today, but your feedback can roll in from the website.
Speaker 5: I do have this clip.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's talking about the show, but uh, it's funny because I just told you. You know, we do Game of Magnets for the News Junkie And if you don't know what this is, if you ever see wherever you are, the Newsjunkie magnets out in the they're all square with rounded corners. There's various designs of the News Junkie logo. There's well over fifty thousand of them. I think fifty five thousand of them that are what we call out in the wild.
Speaker 5: And if you see it and that News Junkie magnet.
Speaker 2: That's it because the Magnet Company is out of magnets.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm talking about. So if you see these out there.
Speaker 2: The game that we have for Game of Magnets is if you see one on somebody's car, you can grab it. If they're on somebody's car. It's in play and it's called Game of Magnets. And you could take the news junkie magnet and put it into your collection. This has led many people to just store them on their fridges and inside securely, which is also fun. I understand that too, but I stated the other day, I was like, I needed to get a thousand more magnets in the Magnet Company, who have worked with for like ten years now, refused us. The Magnet company was like, we are out of magnets. And then I saw it. I was like, I feel like he's talking directly to us.
Speaker 12: Here's Trump talking about that and critical minerals, and I hope you're going to do magnets, somebody out there.
Speaker 13: I hope you're all bringing people magnets. Do magnets.
Speaker 12: Okay, I'll tell you how to make money. Do magnets. You're doing a lot of great self. Do magnets, because one thing we don't have, but we're getting magnets.
Speaker 2: So do magnets. You commite it as clear as possible. It's right there in front of you. For God's sake, I gotta take that clip. It's like, magnets gonna do magnets.
Speaker 12: Magnet and critical minerals. And I hope you're gonna do magnets somebody out there. I hope you're all bringing people magnets, magneticets. Okay, I'll tell you how to make money.
Speaker 13: Do magnets. You're doing a lot of great self do magnets.
Speaker 2: I think I don't know which part of that I'm taking, but I'm taking a part of that to have that on the show for Game of Magnets. Thank you Trump for the clip right there. We gotta do magnets. We're not doing enough of the magnets, and our magnet company for the News Junkie is telling us we can't even make you the number of magnets. You're gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to get that done. What a wild ride we are on, folks together. So get out there and get to making magnets if you don't mind, And then afterwards, make sure you you get yourself featured on the show in front of this whole fantastic audience of people just like you. With your emails, tips T I. P. S At the Newsjunkie dot com. If you want to be anonymous, put that right on top or, as I said earlier, your dispatches. We'll get into some of those when we come back. So record yours right now and hear yourself on the show. Just a bit, record that dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot com right now, quick break. Magnets. We do magnets.
Speaker 5: Gotta do magnets. It's the weird to say.
Speaker 13: And I hope you're gonna do magnets.
Speaker 12: Somebody to help your own bringing people, magnets, do magnets.
Speaker 13: Okay, I'll tell you how to make money. Do magnets.
Speaker 2: It feels like he is talking directly to us right now. Hey, guys, I gotta take a break while I do magnets. Magnets right here, quick break. When we come back, we have to get to this unbelievable doorbell clip, a doorbell security clip that sounds like it's straight up out of a horror movie. Stick with us for that one that's coming up in just a bit. For some reason, Emerald is going viral today, so I want to share that with you. Updates on Cyclospora and a few other stories coming up next on the News Junkie. People are legitimately, it seems, scared to eat food right now, they're scared that they're gonna get the cyclospor But the memes have been so great. Oh god. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The one that I've liked is the people who are high and mighty about what was I don't know a month ago, considered questionable food decisions. And they were like, ah, yes, I do eat my gas station roller hot dogs, and I'm just sitting back here not having explode some diarrhea, will you and your salads are ruining your butt?
Speaker 2: And they still don't exactly know where all this comes from. They've pointed fingers in a couple of directions, but we haven't really solved the problem of where this is sourced at. It just seems like produce is to blame, as it often is now, because the gross truth of it all, which I've told you here on the show, is that this cyclosporas stuff is usually farm workers not using a restroom and going out near the produce or like in a water source near the produce, and then that gets up into the food that you eat. That's where it actually comes from. People have been so grossed out by all of this, and I don't blame you necessarily that they are abandoning the places that they used to eat at. There's an employee who posts at least anecdotal evidence of this, and he's at a taco bell and there.
Speaker 5: Ain't nobody there. It's wide open.
Speaker 2: It's just him an empty taco bell. No orders on the little screen. I see you on here. Nine thirty four, there was an order nine and ten fifteen, no orders since then. Don't know exactly what time it is, but there ain't nobody in this guy, so.
Speaker 4: It almost seems like they're coming in for breakfast because you don't usually have lettuce in your breakfast burrito, right, there's not let us, but in tacos it's pretty common. Yeah, thank god, no, But but yeah, I guess. I guess it's been pretty dead out there. There's a lot of places where people usually go, but they've heard, Hey, I might get sick here. I might end up getting some stomach issues. I don't want to face that down, so therefore I'll back off of the taco bell or wherever.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if you guys have seen that. If you have, let us know, let us know, Like, hey, I usually go to this place and it's been absolutely dead, see which on TJ Chat says Taylor Farms is the source, and they're let us sells under multiple labels marketside of Walmart is Taylor Farms. They sell it Whole Foods just avoid it like the play. That's what the FDA was suggesting that Taylor Farms was the source. They did a test of one sample that came over the border, and they said that that certainly had the cyclospora, the little bug that gives you the cyclospora, and then they said, whoops, it was a false positive test, and they said, but still we believe this is the source. Nobody really knows just yet, so I don't think it's like we're fully locked in on this.
Speaker 5: I know there was a story recently on ABC. Let's see if they mentioned it.
Speaker 2: Just seems to me that we're not fully confident, but we think it might be.
Speaker 14: That Patia is investigating a new potential outbreak of that severe stomach illness cyclosporiasis. It's not yet identifying the location or source, but says that this cluster includes at least seventy two cases. We are already seeing cases hit a record across the country. In forty one states, more than eleven thousand people have now gotten sick typically in a given year there are around three thousand cases and we are only now about halfway through the season for this.
Speaker 6: The FDA DA there was a season sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a cyclospora season. Avoid it at all costs like the plague, but there's a more hurricane season.
Speaker 6: Right right is to Taylor Farms.
Speaker 14: Iceberg lettuce from Mexico served at Taco Bell locations in five states that's been recalled. We spoke with Chase Strangino in New York who said that he was one of more than forty people who got cyclist briasis after eating a boxed lunch with lettuce at a corporate event. He said that he was sick for weeks.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 14: Untreated symptoms for this can linger for days or even weeks, but thankfully antibiotics can help clear this.
Speaker 2: I guess it's not a good time. That's that's the bottom line here. It's not a good time. And the fact that they say eleven thousand people got this put a zero in the end. One hundred eleven thousand people probably got it because nobody wants to tell you.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit embarrassing.
Speaker 2: As you could imagine when you got the cyclospora. So be careful. People are avoid some of these places, you know. I guess even washing your veggies is not really the fantastic answer that I think. I mean, they've got to be cooked. Yeah, a little bug. The only way to kill it is cooking it. Yeah, it's a little like microscopic bug sea land. That's that's in these things, and that's what's caused a lot of these issues. Then that stumbled me into this. I think Time magazine had this story and it said ten foods that food safety experts never eat. Okay, well, if if the people who are into food safety, you're like, no, not that one.
Speaker 4: Of course they go for one. I like as the picture, Yeah, the oyster. Oyster is And I figured, I'm like, because you're eating an oyster just straight up raw most of the time. I like them grilled every once in a while or or or like a Rockefeller kind of deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said raw milk and raw milk cheese. Obviously those are no good for the people who like raw milk. What are you doing? What are you doing? People don't fight for raw milk always. It baffles me. Hippies, man, that's what it is. They think that it's people who think that the government is putting that big bad stuff in your milk or something. But you want them to put at least something in there. You want them to at least pasteurize it. Canilope didn't know that. Didn't know that cantilope is another risk for getting sick, and then the food safety experts don't eat it. Raw oysters and shellfish is another one. Sushi rolls, which isn't that kind of like you know the seafood right, It's like raw seafood is what it is. Undercooked pork is another one. Sprouts And I've heard this many times that sprouts is another thing that a lot of the food safety experts don't want to eat.
Speaker 4: Sprouts is one of those things that will be on the menu of a place and then we'll be mysteriously missing. And you know, why don't they have sprouts today? Like well, you know, the sprouts are causing problems again. And I think a lot of places that once had sprouts on their metal can you can you still get sprouts on a Jimmy John sub I think they used to have sprouts, and I think they got fed up and they're like, there's two reasons to take something off the menu. A. Nobody orders it right, and we're not enough people order it and there's too much waste. And B they just can't keep it on the menu because they keep having problems with food safety issues. And I feel like sprouts is something that they run into with that very often.
Speaker 2: I think B is what happened there, because you're right, Jimmy John's used to have that as an option and then they will completely wipe that out. Maybe they brought it back, but that was one of them. Pre cut fruits and vegetables. The food safety experts say, be careful, do not eat this. Just take notes, folks mentally as you're going through the grocery store, at least for a hot second here raw eggs. Eggs are far safer today than they were twenty years ago, but some people will not eat them raw. Always kind of a bad idea to do that. Under cook hamburgers. Iired a guy come in and the other day, sat right next to me. He goes, they said, you want a burger, how do you want that? Cook? And he goes rare and I go, you ra air burger. People are an interesting breed. I know this is kind of a hot take, but I think medium well is actually the best way to get it done. I think like this, this thing where your burger is still moving around is a little too much for me. But the other one is potlucks and picnic food So if you are at work and they're doing a thing where everybody brings food, stay away if you want your stomach to be okay. There's this slogan for you. Your feedback and dispatches coming up in just a moment, record yours over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. Hot lucks and picnic foods.
Speaker 5: They got food out at the at the I heard HQ today or.
Speaker 2: No, no, not today. No the marks safe.
Speaker 4: From me that, But Jimmy Joe, I think the people in this building are a little more immune to stuff like that because we routinely just eat stuff that's been out at a table for hours. We are building up sort of a yeah, like a like a shield. Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's like giving a little kid little bits of peanut butter to build that up over time. I see me.
Speaker 4: John's permanently discontinued sprouts in February of twenty twenty, Man, I did it's been long enough, I kind of forgot almost that they had them.
Speaker 2: They took everything away from us in twenty twenty. What a ear? What a ear? Quick break, when we come back, I have this doorbell security footage that you got to hear. It is out of a horror movie, and I have the story from the family that this happened to. It's unbelievable, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. What I'm about to play for you is real. It's not out of a horror movie.
Speaker 5: It's legit. It's real, it's actual.
Speaker 2: It's an experience that somebody had, and I've got their story that is just unbelievable, and I'm going to share that with you in just a moment here on the show. So buckle up for this terrifying experience that this family had all captured on their doorbell and their doorbell camera. But real quickly, I want to tell people who support the show, by the way, thanks to everybody so far. There's been a lot of you today already. Look at this. Holy cow, I didn't even see half of these, My God, big thanks to Rockin' Ange, Buttermine Noodles, sun State, John DJ Rage, Tom Tom Kat bh and Colac all for the gifted subscriptions already today. Thank you so much. That goes to directly support the show. The new option that I put up for folks, seelem I thought this was perfect. It's going very viral right now. In the rewards section. If you go to the Newsjunkie dot com, if you subscribe or if you give subscriptions, you get to claim items and they're under rewards on the homepage. And I just added a brand new item here and it says it's a new sticker that says Jimothy says Relax, And it's Jimothy, the little the raccoon guy. Let me zoom on in here. Jimothy says relax. It's the viral raccoon that has the internet in the world going absolutely crazy right now. It's a nice circle sticker that you can have. We've covered this story on the show. It's been very viral. The Jimothy says Relaxed story is one of the items you can get Jimothy's sightings. They're still looking for him.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 5: The interesting thing, Seeland, there was a bunch over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Have you missed this? It's this weird raccoon that's like deformed that has grabbed everybody's attention online, and people love Jimothy. And they've now started this thing where it's like, we do not give Jimothy's location because we think that somebody will harm Jimothy, or they'll try to capture Jimothy, or.
Speaker 4: I would think more more so than not, somebody would try to keep Jimothy for a pet.
Speaker 2: Exactly. They're worried about that too, So they ended up stopping with the sightings at least showing exactly where the animal was. Somebody said, we need a back on a plane sticker. You got it, all right, I'll do it back on a plane sticker.
Speaker 5: Before the week is up as well. Make that an option.
Speaker 2: But right now we have a Jimithy says, relaxes one of your options when you support the show. Now, let's go to this story. It's about a family, a new some more somewhere in a beach, Florida, and this is the encounter that was captured on their doorbell video.
Speaker 5: Brace yourself because this.
Speaker 2: Is a little jarring, but imagine yourself in this situation, because that's what this family was facing. Here we go, boom boom, boom mother.
Speaker 16: New shocking video shows a shirtless stranger trying to break into a family's home in the middle of the night.
Speaker 6: Everyone inside, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So this guy goes up to these people's doorbell. He's got bom boom boom of the river, He's got no shirt on, he has a big palm tree tattooed on his chest. And I don't know what's going on with him, but he very quickly says boom boom boom mf or And then after that it was like, I'll shoot anybody in this house. And these people have no idea who this is. I'll give you their whole story, but that's just the actual moment.
Speaker 8: Boom boom, boom mother.
Speaker 16: New shocking video shows a shirtless stranger trying to break into a family's home in the middle of the night. He threatened to shoot everyone inside. Investigators say it was this man caught on a ring camera pulling on door handles, making finger gun gestures and screaming threats.
Speaker 6: Thanks for joining us tonight. I'm Luen Serrell.
Speaker 2: What's going on with this guy? This family said it was straight out of a horror movie. It was a terrifying night around eleven thirty, Judy Lewis was unwinding in her living room with a doorbell rang, but the man standing on her porch was not a guest, and he refused to take no for an answer. He wouldn't go away. Sixty three year old Kevin Moss aggressively pulled on the front door handle, flashed a finger gun gesture, and was shouting profanities non stop, scaring everybody who was inside the house in this moment. That would be freaky, that would make you panic a little bit. I could see that.
Speaker 17: Manny Martinez, Fox thirty five's Bailey Bockover is live tonight in New Smirna Beach.
Speaker 16: So Bailey's mother inside the home told you she thought they were going to die.
Speaker 6: Good evening. That's right.
Speaker 11: It was a very scary night for the family. And now they're warning others to lock your doors.
Speaker 6: It was around eleven thirty at night.
Speaker 11: Judy Lewis was unwinding in her living room when the doorbell chimed, But the man on the porch wasn't a guest, and he wasn't taking no for an answer.
Speaker 8: Boom boom, boom, mother, why is he doing that? How much she new?
Speaker 3: Smirna Beach.
Speaker 11: Police say the man is sixty three year old Kevin maw The lease a moss, aggressively pulled on the front door handle, flashed a finger gun and hurled death threats. Investigators say he went around back pounding on windows. Yeah, just open a sliding glass door.
Speaker 2: Bro, How did you not get killed? How did you not get killed? You you go around somebody's house first of all, jiggle in the front door saying you're gonna kill people, and then you're wandering around banging on the windows, trying to get on the backside, trying to open the back door.
Speaker 4: That's how you get shot. Hey, there's guns in this house. Yeah, that's the way to get shot, right in the face. That's how you instantly get shot. Judy, who lived at this house, shared her story and she said, first I just want to say my son, my nephew, and my dog and Iroka this morning, very thankful for that. But we did have a harrowing night last night at my home. I'm posting this as a PSA to everyone, but also so don't have to keep repeating this story. Around eleven thirty last night, I was on the couch by my front door watching TV. My son and my nephew, who just arrived in town, were in my son's room. All of a sudden, I heard chimes on my ring camera and somebody was trying to open my front door to get in.
Speaker 2: This will make you freak out. I knew it couldn't have been my son, so I immediately started yelling that somebody was trying to get into the house. He and my nephew, Jared, came out and saw through the glass side door and the lights by the front door that there was a man standing there, shirtless with tattoos and saying to let him in. He was obviously drunk. My son and Jared said, you got the wrong house. You need to go. But he tried to get in again and threatened to shoot my son, use his hand like a gun, like a fingerbang thing like you know, the handgun thing, and boom, boom, boom is what he said. This is the only part I got on my roofcom I've got nine one one on the phone saying this man won't leave it. He's threatened to kill us if we won't let him in. What you don't see is how it escalated, and it escalated big time. Judy says he got very aggressive. The boys started yelling at him to get the f out and that we were calling the police. The guy was trying as hard as he could to get in. My twenty year old son was holding the dead bowl. He had his body up against the door just in case. Dispatch told me multiple units were on the way. The guy walked away from the front door, and then he went through our fence gate and came around the back of the house. While we didn't know if he left or not, the three of us stood in the kitchen staring at my kitchen door wonder if he was coming in. Then we heard a bang against that door, and he was violently trying to open it. He said he was going to kill us, and I'm going to f you up, is what he was saying over and over. Then he went over to the window that looks into my kitchen sink and hit the windows so hard with a vase that if we hit the window so hard that a vase fell off the window sill. She said, I've never been so frightened in my entire life. My whole body was shaking. I kept asking where are the police, Where are the police. Finally the police arrived I guess I want to say thanks to the new summer of each police department. Oh oh oh, hold on it don't okay, Because the video that she posted is not censored. She says PSA is keep your doors locked at all times, could have had a completely different ending. The question I bring to you now is one that's kind of interesting and will be different reflective amongst generations. When you're just sitting at home, is your front door locked? Yes? Same, But I didn't always do that. I didn't do that in various places, and it took me a long time to learn this lesson because as a kid at my family's house in Royal Palm Beach in the middle of nowhere in the acreage, I remember very clearly, we didn't have to lock the door. There was nobody coming down the street. There was nobody to mess with the house. We lived on an acre and a quarter and there was a total of six people on the whole street, and you never saw anybody coming down the street or anything so other than people sneaking over to hang out with my sister in the middle of the night. There weren't any people just stopping by. We never locked the door. I go to Chicago, live there for a while, I don't lock the door one day and somebody breaks in and steals a bunch of my stuff. I had somebody break into my house when I was living in downtown Orlando, same kind of thing. And then after that the cops came over and they said, why don't you lock the door? And I was like, yeah, it seems like you're blaming me a little bit. But then after that I started with it, and now we have an auto lock. We lock all of our doors all the time. Obviously with this show, there's raised security because some of you are crazy. Yeah, not only nut jobs listening to the show.
Speaker 4: Not only do I have the auto lock, but if I'm home, mostly because installed this because of my young child, but I have one of those like latch deals that you would have at a hotel.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a little security lock kind of thing. It seems unfortunate that that's how things would have to be. But I ask you, are there any of you who are like, Nope, I'm still living in the olden times. My neighborhood is still a safe neighborhood. We don't even have to lock our doors. We leave our doors unlocked. Are we all now moving over into this low trust society, just like Target has everything locked up, like your deodorant and all the rest. Are we now all doing that ourselves at home? Make sure you lock your car, make sure you lock your house. Crazy's wandering around people trying to steal your stuff.
Speaker 5: Where are we at on this?
Speaker 2: Let me know, send a dispatcher an email over and we're looking at your comments and chat as well, because I want to know if this has changed or if this is like got I feel like it has. I just feel like more people now are worried about stuff like this occurring. And I do think that this guy is very, very very lucky that he's not dead.
Speaker 5: Because you're smashing down the door.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you could fire through a glass door like a sliding glass door. You're not supposed to fire through like a secured front door. But if this in the house, you could shoot him immediately, yeah, Or if he's getting into your backyard or something that they said that he you know, what you don't see on the ring camera is that he went out to other places that weren't you know, didn't have cameras on them, and was trying to get in there.
Speaker 13: Thing.
Speaker 4: I think maybe he has to get in before you shoot him. Yeah, I think so. Or or can you like open the door and cock the gun and be like out of here, Bud?
Speaker 2: Hell you could, you could try it. I see a bunch of people chiming on this. Duwayne says people who leave doors unlocked in today's world are asking for trouble. This is Mesh who says I've always locked all my doors behind me always. Kevin disagrees, I never lock my door. Kevin said, what is your setup? And I'm not trying to break into your house? But what is your setup? And also has this ration admit? Has that changed over time? Let us know with your emails and dispatches tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Quick Break when we come back, we got more to get into. We got the hot sheet on the way, we got Fritz on the street. Right after that, some competition firing up on this show. I've got a story about a doctor that you got to hear to believe in. An update on the Courtney Stadden situation, and all of that is coming up next on the news.
Speaker 1: Joe Key.
Speaker 2: Se so gonna see him. Let me tell you something I have so many people that have run into me maybe the last couple of months and have had nice things to say about the show and have been so generous, you guys, and you gotta stop sending me shots. For God's sake. I feel so bad. I like this has happened so much in the last couple of months. It's like the best problem in the world to have. But thank you. Did happened last oh, last night and the night before. Actually this has been piling up quite a bit, but I thank you for that. And if you want to learn more about the show, go over to the website thenews junkie dot com because I got a text from one of them. Oh did you I will anyway?
Speaker 5: That was that was the day before you. Yes, that was the guy.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'm Sea Lane's friend, and I go, I hear that a lot, but are you actually yes?
Speaker 5: He is okay haha.
Speaker 4: So I saw Sean New Junkie and I said, Hi, I think I made a fool of myself emoji.
Speaker 2: He did not make a fool of himself at all. No, he was very very nice. Actually, I haven't even had a single person that's come up and Ben Weird I'll be the weird one. If you want when you show up and say hi in public, that'll be fine. I did see this, and I think this is a good idea. I'm going to wander into an area here where I'm going to need a little help and a little expertise. But the story got my attention because of my experience in this world. And the story was that CBS is now offering CBS is offering new pharmacy options for pet owners. And I said, oh, well, it's a boad time because we have a vet that we go to that's great that we bring Lady, our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel too. It's such an annoying, ritzy sounding dog, but she's great and if you ever watch the stream on YouTube you'll see her sometime probably. But we bring our dog to this vet try to make sure she's as healthy as possible. And there's various things that we get for they have like those you know, the heartworms and the flea and the check thing. Yeah, they're pretty expensive some of them actually, And the biggest complaint that I have about them is that they're a little bit hard to get. So sometimes the vet will will go, okay, I'll give you the script for this, you have to go to this particular website and like put in this code and like, can we just get something that we get at a doctor. Just give me a piece of paper and then I could take it to the place. And now you're required to do that as of late in the state of Florida in particularly, it's different in different states, but in some states you're required to do this. And this story says CBS Pharmacy is expanding into pet healthcare by allowing customers to feel commons for dogs and cats at roughly nine thousand locations around the country. The pharmacy chain said pet owners can obtain select medications including antibiotics, allergy treatments, flee in tick control products, insulin, and pain relievers. Customers can bring in a written prescription and if you ask your vet in most cases they have to do this. They will just give you an act like one that they would for you if it was you, and they give you this prescription for a to bring into a CBS pharmacy, or you can ask the veterinarity to contact the pharmacy directly. Eligible prescriptions may be available for delivery. It's good because sometimes it's like a little annoying to try to get this stuff. Big Doug Millionaire says, you should not need a prescription for pet meds. I think that they do that, and I can make an argument for why they should do it this way.
Speaker 5: Big Doug Millionaire on Chat.
Speaker 2: I think that they do that because they don't want people self diagnosing their pets.
Speaker 4: Googling, oh my pet is lethargic, and they they go to the wrong website and says, well, your pet needs What's the stuff that they were everybody was trying to take during COVID.
Speaker 2: Humans? Yeah, yeah, shoot, I can't name somebody will remember it. The the stuff that they said was for horses and then Joe Rogan and then that whole thing whatever that was. Yeah, they'll they'll try to they'll try to do this themselves. You don't want them to do that. People are dumb. They will kill their animals, and you need veterinarians and to make sure they're not getting ivermectin for their pup. But we also need to make it so it's pretty simple for you to get whatever the prescription is and then to be able to get a good deal on on the item you're looking for and for a little while. The one vet we were going to, they literally told us there was only one website that you could purchase the prescriptions from from and it was expensive. I said, we can't like shop around and like, no, no, you got to get it from this service. They're related to the clinic. So I think this is good for all pet owners, which probably includes you. That gives pet owners another option beyond veterinary offices, online pet pharmacies, and specialty retailers, particularly when file filling recurring prescriptions for animals undergoing ongoing treatments. So CVS is now going to help you out. Pet owners can now also add their animals to their CVS dot com profiles and manageable managed prescriptions through the app. That sounds good. That sounds like a smart idea. If you've utilized this before I know more about it, please do help us out. Send a dispatch with the information over on thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 4: I certainly wouldn't mind the option if I, you know, if I've added my animal to CVS, because I already am being forced to go to CVS to get my own prescriptions because I have like one of those care Mark packages. And if I try to. If I try to fill my prescriptions at publics, they either won't give me a ninety day supply or they'll charge me more or something, and they're just kind of a pain in the ass about it. So I have to go CVS anyway. So if if.
Speaker 2: They're going to offer it there and it would be cheaper, that's a win win. Yeah, I agree, I think, And there's a lot of people are joining in on the discussion. Here's insecure wall risk.
Speaker 18: So I was actually at CVS the other day trying to pick up one of my wife's medications, and our insurance is real goofy and trying to work stuff out. And the lady next to me in line, it's an older lady and she's picking up medicine I realized for her dog, and the pharmacist is like, what's the patient's name, and she was like, Mitzi because that's their last name. She was like, I guess it's I guess it's mine. I said her last name. But they list the dogs just like a person when it comes to prescriptions.
Speaker 2: Apparently they's the last name, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 18: So I would have figured it would have like fallen under the lady that owns them or something.
Speaker 3: Oh, anyways, kind of strange.
Speaker 4: What's the most ridiculous dog name that you would have to answer that too.
Speaker 2: You've got something a little offensive for your dog name, and they go what's the name? And you're like, ah, you go a little edgy. I mean, I've told you before that.
Speaker 4: They say, like in the puppy books, there's a little section on coming up with a puppy name, and they're like, make sure it's something that you'll feel comfortable screaming in public if the puppy runs away and you eat something until you read it. You don't always think about stuff like that, but now you also have to think about showing up to the pharmacy and they're like, what's the patient's name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, yeah, it's the word it is. I hate to say. Here's Lisa on the same topic.
Speaker 15: Sean Celane, Happy Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. You guys are talking about the pet prescriptions. This is something I have done. I love my vet lover to death. But that office is the medication is usually more expensive. It's good BBS, Walgreens, all those traditional pharmacies, including publics, offer much better prices, especially for some of the more common things. My vet will even call in the p scription to sea Bass. It's always it was fun the funny the first time when I had to pick up a prescription for Baxter or prescription for delmar got rest of soul, the cat that passed away earlier this year. But pretty common. My bet is awesome. She doesn't have a problem doing it. Even have the heartworm take medication sent into chewy just because it's easy, delivers right to the house. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Speaker 6: Wig will pop up.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You too could join us on the show. Send a dispatch just like Lisa right there, record yours right now and get on the show at thenewsjunky dot com. All right, let's see I tease this doctor story, so let me do this real quick, because this is crazy. This is a true story about a doctor who has lost his license and uh, you know that's a that's the least that we could do here. This says. This is the story about Spokane, Washington and a doctor there. The permanent suspension of a Spokane doctor's medical license was upheld last week. Wait to hear what this guy did After the man was convicted of a scheme that involved him hiring a hit man. The guy hired a hitman to drug his ex wife and her son with heroin with the intent to get them addicted to heroin and then hold his wife hostage with hopes the hit man would have sex with the uh wait, with hopes she would have sex with him three times. So, just to reiterate, there's a doctor who's got his license.
Speaker 5: Suspended, he hired a hit man.
Speaker 2: He wanted the hit man to drug his ex wife and son with heroin so they got addicted, keep them strung out on this, and then hold his ex wife hostage so that he could come over and have sex with her three times.
Speaker 5: All right, that's what this guy's plan was. That's what he was going to do.
Speaker 2: Ronald Ilge used the dark Web to solicit a hitman with the intent to injure a former colleague who previously worked at his medical practice, using the name Scar two fifteen. He paid the hitman two thousand dollars in Bitcoin and instructed him to carry out an attack where his former colleague should be given a significant beating that's obvious, injure both hands significantly or break the hands. Then he wanted confirmation of the sault the assault and said he had a more complicated job for the hit man if this was successful. So he consulted the dark web again and paid sixty thousand dollars in bitcoin to a hit man for another attack to kidnap his estranged wife, extort her, inject her with drugs, and hold her hostage for seven days. He created a bonus scheme if other demands were met. He wanted to make love to her. Well probably just you know, that wouldn't be what was happening here, But you got it three times in the two week frame, and the hit man was ordered to supine with photographs and videos of her using the substance. Wow, unbelievable, bleed, degenerate, the prey of the behavior. This is a doctor out there, right, This is this was somebody who was a doctor, and now his medical license is suspended. You know how we say all his more punishments than that, though, right, You know how we.
Speaker 4: Say all hitmen are fake, mostly the ones that you find on the dark web, the ones you find on the internet. If you find a hit man, it's usually fake. Yeah, if his hit man is offering this much options, like I would assume that if you're an actual bonafide hit man who gets paid to kill people, you want to be in out. Take the shot, leave, goodbye, drop a pill in the in the drink bye.
Speaker 2: You got to be out of there. You want you Well, this guy to kidnapper and hold.
Speaker 4: Her somewhere, Yeah, come and engage in acts that would leave a lot of identifying evidence around.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. This guy was unhinged.
Speaker 2: In August of twenty twenty two, and this guy pleaded guilty in federal court to two counts of threats in interstate commerce. He got ninety six months in prison following the guilty plea. He was charged with unprofessional conduct, and now they've taken away his license as well, thus so making it so he cannot practice as a physician and surgeon in the state of Washington. My yeah, that's a crazy one, but people are a little wild out there. Big thanks to Oh no, I just I lost the person's name. I have to get this. That was such a great username that just subscribed to Secret Shows. Hold on stand by, I think I could bring this up in our mega chat. Maybe did you see that latest subscribers? No, damn it, man, I lost it. Hold on uh, fell in Degenerous. Thank you for the subscription. That sounds legit. Fell In Degenerous sounds legitimately like a DJ that would show up on the lineup of a major music festival. Fell In Degenerates, got stop felin and fell in Degenerate. Appreciate that. Over on the news Junki dot com, you can support the show. Subscribe as little list two ninety nine a month could get you access to all sorts of stuff, including uncensored secret shows. All right, quick break, when we come back, the hot sheet is on the way. That is followed by your time to play the greatest game in all of radio. That of course is Fritz on the Street. And that's all coming up next on the News Junkie, a limited sticker is available. That's what's available for you over on thenewsjunkie dot com as a new reward item for either gifting Secret Shows subscriptions or subscribing yourself. These are premium subscriptions to the show, and there's only I think I put up ninety five of them. I'm gonna put one on my laptop. You'll see it during the stream whenever this thing, I love it. It's it's for Jimothy the viral raccoon, and it says Jimithy says, Relax.
Speaker 5: It's like a cool circle sticker. I love it.
Speaker 2: Go check it out over at the news junkie dot com. As everybody else is enjoying the Hot Sheet. You go over there at the news junky dot com and click will rewards and you can see the Jimothy says, Relax sticker that's up there for you right now. All right, let's do it. Let's do the Hot Sheets sheet.
Speaker 19: It's in new but not like really important news.
Speaker 2: Best again to be parting on the planet.
Speaker 20: Bo top stories from the people on your screens and stickers are on the Hot Sheets with Sea Lane.
Speaker 2: That's right, the Hot Sheet.
Speaker 4: The top five stories in the nonsense news brought you about that mortgage guy down and big congratulations to u, mister beast. Mister beast YouTube YouTube star Jimmy Donaldson is married. He married his girlfriend that they were engaged for like one December twenty twenty four. But you know, sometimes you got to get that perfect date there. Yeah, congrats, and they announced online that they were married in the British Virgin Islands. He married content creator Theo Boison.
Speaker 2: No, she's into content creation too. Whoever went?
Speaker 4: I know they have so much in common, and now she's the a beast.
Speaker 2: So can you imagine being a YouTuber and being married to mister beast. You're like, I just released a new video, Like how many views? What's up to four thousand views right now? And he's like, you just clicked the button, you just clicked upload. What are you doing?
Speaker 5: My last video has.
Speaker 2: One hundred million views.
Speaker 4: That's how you settle arguments in your marriage. You're like, whose last video got more reviews? He's gonna win that one one. What content she creates? I've never heard of her name, but there's plenty of people that I haven't heard of also, but we have heard of this guy. Another congratulations is in order to this dude right over here.
Speaker 2: No wrong the other one? Oh oh, I had a picture him, but I don't know his name. I think he was married to j Lo for a second month.
Speaker 4: Maybe Mark Mark something Mark Anthony is the correct answer, Mark Anthony. Mark Anthony's going for some Nick Cannon numbers, it seems, because they say the singer has welcomed baby number eight with his second wife, Nadia Ferrera. I want a huge blessing to share with you the arrival of our precious Mila. The duo caption a joint Instagram announcement Tuesday. You can't imagine the happiness we feel at home. Anthony, who is fifty seven, and Ferrara twenty seven, included the toddler in their January Instagram post announcing her pregnancy, and so they're just over the moon about their second kid as a couple. And then Mark Anthony's eighth kid, the O show. I would call him the Oho if I knew on account of Spanish. Jason Sedakas is looking forward to the release of the next season of Ted Lasso, but he said in an interview recently that he had to go through some awkward moments about it, sure, because you know, they were supposed to end ted Lasso with this finale in twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty three, where.
Speaker 4: Ted returns to the US after three seasons as coach of the British men's soccer team, and they were gonna just kill it off right there. But it was so popular. It was such a huge hit that they said, no, we have to have more Ted Lasso. And now the new Ted last season, he's coaching like a women's team. Right, yeah, so women's team in America, which means he had to make and he personally did this, which props to him for that. He had to make a lot of awkward phone calls to some of the stars of ted Lasso, whose characters were based in Britain. Tadakas and his fellow co creators brainstormed about continuing the show and landed on a fourth season centering on the all female team. The new creative direction meant that the fictional AFC Richmond team at the center of the first season would not return, and fifty year old Jason Sedakas was tesked with explaining that to the actors who played those teammates in very difficult individual phone calls. He told The Hollywood Reporter, he said, I didn't want him to hear it on the internet. I love those guys and we all went through something together. So he had to call like a bunch of the people that played team members of the AFC Richmond and been like, hey, listen, I'm sorry, we're gonna do another season of ted Lasso. Bud good news, bad news, You're not going to be in it, which I mean, they're not gonna be regulars in it. There might be some cameos stuff like that. The old team will not be coming back to the show, but lead actors including Sadakis, Hannah Wattingham, Jeremy Swift, Juno Temple and Brett Goldstein all are slated to return for the long waited fourth installment. Hey, some fans of the Beatles got quite the surprise. You don't expect to get this when you book your tickets to the Magical Mystery Tour bus over in Liverpool, But the Beatles fans on the tour of Liverpool got the experience of a lifetime when their bus pulled up next to at a traffic light. Sir Paul McCartney. Wow, what are the chances of that? The chance encounter was made all the more surreal when it emerged that Paul McCartney was facetiming with Ringo Star at the moment that happened. Yeah, pull this up, Paul McCartney. You know, fans tour bus something like that. You'll see there's a picture of Sir Paul with his window down, waiting at the people and then holding up his phone where Ringo Starr is online is on the phone.
Speaker 2: Got that this is from the BBC. Right here, okay, here's Paul McCartney.
Speaker 3: On a magical mysty sword at the Beatles and let me see.
Speaker 2: He's on the phone.
Speaker 21: You every all kind of hurled to one side of the bus to get a picture.
Speaker 2: It's luckily we've got a traffic lights stops. That's so crazy, what a moment. It's just extraordinary on I suppose, and he pulls up right next to the tour bus with his phone out, with Ringo on the phone, Ringo, Ringo, there's a t f of us. You might as well stop doing the tour now. You're not going to beat that moment out of think.
Speaker 4: Neil Morton, who has driven the Magical Mystery Tour bus around Beatles hotspots in Liverpool for the last two years, says it was surreal I had pulled up at the traffic lights on Hope Street. When who would I see Sir Paul with Ringo on FaceTime, which, to be fair, Ringo is a sir as well, Sir Sir Richard Starkey, but nobody talks about But you know they were having a little chat and the passengers could not believe it. The tour guide said that well, no one got a chance to speak with McCartney. It wasn't his first encounter with the star. He met the Wing singer when he used to work at the Cavern Club. We were told not to take photos, but he told the BBC, I managed to sneak one. And speaking of people that I don't know, I am not familiar with this rapper slash live streamer. But have you heard of Blueface?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, Blueface is a rapper, more so I would say than a live streamer. But maybe he's doing that soon.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 4: He was live streaming when he was briefly detained outside his home Tuesday evening after police responded to a swatting call during one of his kickstreams. Officers placed the la rapper and handcuffs before determining the emergency report was false. He said, chat, we've been swatted, he sold his viewers sarcastically, adding it's great for content. Police were told that we shot three people and they were all dead on the floor. The hoax caller falsely claimed blue Face had killed his girlfriend and restrained her child, but both the officers confirmed both were safe and the stream was able to go on. Blueface having a little bit of a scare but silver lining. He said it was great for his content.
Speaker 2: It's Thursday.
Speaker 4: Let's check out what's at the Boss box office this weekend, and not a lot of contenders to go up against The Odyssey and all the other big ringers that are in theaters right now. However, a couple horror films Haunted Heist with Tiffany Hattish, a comedy horror mystery. Pinocchio Unstrung is Pinocchio one of those things that's just like in the public domain now, so we're allowed to just do whatever we want with Pinocchio, Like maybe that's a horror movie. Yeah, it's a fantasy horror thriller. Pinocchio Unstrung is on a limited release as well as Haities Town the Musical, which is the one that I saw last time I was in New York, the one where they had very tiny seats not made for people of my size, and MotorCity with Alan Richson. And I know that some people are going to roll their eyes at this, but I think it's pretty cool. On Sunday, a limited re release of the cult classic Starr and Bruce Willis, Mia or Milla Djoviovich, Gary Oldman and Ian Holme. The Fifth Element is having a limited run in theaters for I don't know if it's some sort of anniversary that it's celebrating, but the Fifth Element is a pretty fun movie. Super Green. Hey, if you have a mortgage quote and you haven't shopped around, what are you doing? You're probably leaving money on the table. They like it when you just they give you the quote and you sign the papers and there you go. But you gotta shop around, and you gotta do what that mortgage guy don because he wants to say you some money and he makes it super easy.
Speaker 2: Here's what you do. You take a picture of your quote. You can do it with your phone.
Speaker 4: You go to that mortgage guy dot com mortgage guy don dot com, and you uploaded on the Compare your quote tab.
Speaker 2: Don.
Speaker 4: We'll review it with you, tell you if you could save some money, if he can find somewhere that gives you a better quote. It's that easy, and you can find him at that mortgage guy don dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Sea Lane. Quick story for you this morning. Cordy goes, oh God, and I'm like, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Will happen?
Speaker 2: She was scrolling through her feed and she saw a story and she went to stop on it, and she accidentally sent the story to Josh's wife right and Instagram. Yeah, Like she's scrolling on Instagram and she hit the story. She accidentally shared it to Josh's wife and then she very quickly took it away, which also looks weird. But then she said she deleted it after accidentally sending it, and then it's still said scene. So she's like, oh, no, was the story?
Speaker 5: The story was.
Speaker 2: The perfect times to go to the bathroom during the Odyssey, because that's important. Man, the Odyssey is so long as it's a two and a half hour plus movie or whatever. Do they still have the app.
Speaker 4: That's supposed to tell you that like go pee or when p or something like that.
Speaker 2: And so she's like, oh great, Like of all the things, I accidentally send Josh's wife a story about going to the bathroom during this movie, Like this is really burning as an issue on my mind.
Speaker 4: And run Pe is the name of the app. Did this happen this morning or yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: This morning, which is hilarious because they already saw it. No, no, yeah, yeah, I think Josh saw the movie on like Tuesday or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they saw Yeah, they saw it a couple of days ago, I think, but it She's like, oh no, she tried to take it back, and like when you send buddy something, when you say somebody something and then unsend it and then also the person then it says red like oh god, and then she goes, Do I start over explaining? Now do I go, hey, sorry I sent that story. I really don't have an issue with going to the bathroom during movies, but I just well explain, just be like, whoop's wrong button?
Speaker 4: That's just WoT if Courney had over explain sometimes I like to think that Melissa would go wow, Courtney was randomly thinking of me, uh and thing that I might need to know when to Peter and the honysty.
Speaker 2: Well, why is it that that comes to mind? We're gonna take quick break when we come back, the greatest game in all of radio. Folks, Buckle up, get ready. Your time to win is right around the corner, because everybody playing in Fritz on the Street will be representing somebody, but will we be representing you? Now's your time to get our attention over on chat or elsewhere. And Fritz on the Street is coming up next on the news. Chunkie time to welcome back there. He is that mortgage guy Don Arash once again with us. Hey Don, Hey, Hey, how you doing. I was a vacation man. It must have been a good time, man. It was the best. It was busy.
Speaker 10: I went to a few different places, ended up in New York for a day. It was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I have to tell you this right off the jump before we kick off the game. The people who were stepping in for you while you're out for the last couple of weeks, Don, they were amazing. They were amazing. We had one guy who worked at a castle and he was at the castle, is stepping in for you playing Fritz on the street and there was a hit and run accident in the middle of his round of playing for you. Yeah. Then we then we had a guy who was what was he running like a beach.
Speaker 4: Hotel se some own and or ran a hotel that was right on Daytona beach and he was in one of the rooms when then just open the window, was like, there's the beach. Yeah, they did right by it. They did quite well.
Speaker 10: I gotta admit I was. I was on my cruise and I did watch Fritz on the Street both times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they did good.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: That's how committed I am, Sean. Look at that. I love it. All right, let's pick some players here before we get started. I have chosen somebody myself I will be representing because we each picked somebody to fight for and if we win, you win. In Fritz on the Street, I'm picking Gabe from TNJ Shaq, who is stuck in a hotel in Wisconsin with cyclospora. He said, no, I'll do my best.
Speaker 1: A lie.
Speaker 4: I hope he lied to you just because he knew. He knew that that would be a sexy headline to put in his email of Sean. Pick me because I have cyclospora, I've got diarrhea.
Speaker 5: He's got a strange idea of sexy Fritz.
Speaker 2: That's crappy. Yes, it is Gabe from TMJ chat with psyclosporas stuck at a hotel in Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: Who are you representing, Sea Lane, I'm representing Sarah aka shark bait, who emailed me earlier in the week.
Speaker 2: Shark bait, Sarah, shark bait for you? What about you, don Who are you playing for?
Speaker 10: The one the Only bird nerd Boulevard.
Speaker 5: Okay, bird Nerd boular that gets us all.
Speaker 2: Ready to go? Go he what were you saying? I gonna say? From YouTube? Okay, from YouTube? All right, we'll get bird Nerd on the list that makes us all ready to go. Well, so long as Fritz is already to go, because he's the host of the game. Fritz, are you ready? Oh DC, here we go. Well, let's do Fritz on the Streets now, time.
Speaker 3: For Hello, that mortgage Guy Don, Hello, Sea Lane, Hello Sean, hooray Fritz Who Fritz on the street? Of course, Sponsored by That Mortgage Guy Don and Home and Loans Radio. Each Saturday morning, nine am to ten thirty am, tune in for the liveliest, most entertaining Saturday morning show on Royal Radio one to four point one. We answer your questions, submit them via text, and then we also talk about nonsense like alligators and the weather and rocket launches that happened last week, whatever happens, whatever happens, it's me that mortgage Guy Don and MJ it's a barrel of laught. And also follow Don on Instagram at that Mortgage Guy at Don in first place with one hundred and ninety three points. That would be mister Christopher Lane in second place with one hundred eighty five points, that would be that mortgage guy Don, And in third place with one hundred and forty five points, mister Sean Watson. I go to the bar each Tuesday night so you don't have to Fritz's Fun House at Cavos Bar and Kitchen. And then the participants wait until is over, and then they answered these eight questions four current event questions for general knowledge trivia questions. Your chore is to chime in for that bonus point and then guess out of eight answers how many got it right? Easy, peasy, right?
Speaker 2: You would think so, but I am forty points behind, so behind Don Man Wow Ouch.
Speaker 3: Question number one without further ado, which country one the dog Don Spain span is correct? Which country won the twenty twenty six World Cup?
Speaker 1: Don?
Speaker 3: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Espana? Eight, eight, eight, I'll say I'll say six and six For sewn question number one with answers of six and eight, ding ding ding ding ding ding, somebody knows they're foody? Which country won the twenty twenty six World.
Speaker 2: Cup Spain Baby Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain, Spain.
Speaker 3: That would be eight, So don isht in a three pointer to start the game ceiling with the guess of eight, picking up two points, and we move on now to question to The Lost City of the Incas is better known as what ceiling Mesopotamia? That is incorrect? Don don el Dorado, that's incorrect.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Can you repeat the question?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 3: I can a man? The Lost City of the Incas is better known as what.
Speaker 2: Uh Mexico city?
Speaker 3: That would be at almost eight thousand feet in the air, Machu Pichu, you got question one right. We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Machu Pichu.
Speaker 2: How about four?
Speaker 3: Four, two, two for ceiling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go three, I'll just shoot them in.
Speaker 3: And three for sean. Question two with answers of two, three, and four. The Lost City of the Incas is better known as.
Speaker 2: What man Mexico city?
Speaker 3: Class you pat you? That would be five? So don I guess of four, picking up one point. Interesting six questions remaining. Question three due to a software error, thousands of non US citizens.
Speaker 2: We're able to vote in New Jersey.
Speaker 3: That is correct, New Jersey full question due to a software error, thousands of non US citizens were registered to vote in which US state? Seilan, you got that right. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, I'm gonna go with five. Five. I'll say four.
Speaker 3: Four for Sean, five and five for don Question three with answers of four and five. To a software error, thousands of non US citizens were registered to vote in which US state Texas, Texas.
Speaker 2: New Jersey to New Mexico.
Speaker 4: So let's go with Michigan, Georgia, Minnesota, New Jersey.
Speaker 3: That would be two. So no points of ordered on that one. But that's okay because question four is upon that's a half point.
Speaker 2: Easy for you to say my point of the game.
Speaker 3: After question four, I'll tell you so far who is leading on the day in questions.
Speaker 2: Big like youth soccer coach vibe you guys. But we'll still get an ice cream after Well, we got the mercy rule after twenty five minutes of play. But that's all right.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Trophies for everyone.
Speaker 3: Here's your pizza and coke. Question four, Now, what movie helped popularize disco music? World? Going on Ceilane Saturday Night, Fever Saturday Night Fever is correct? Ceiling of eight answers, how many do you think said Saturday Night Fever?
Speaker 1: Six? Six?
Speaker 3: That John Travolta he can move.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: Is his hat wear is increasing too in the scope. And I'm gonna say four.
Speaker 3: Four, four, Shawn, what did Sea Lan say? Six?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Seven and seven for Don question four with answers of four, six and seven.
Speaker 2: Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 3: So someone's picking up two points.
Speaker 2: Who is it?
Speaker 3: What movie helped popularize discod music worldwide? Bookie Knights Saturday Night Fever. Unfortunately I don't know this, even though I probably do.
Speaker 2: Saturay Night Fever, that Saturday Night Fever.
Speaker 22: Saturday Night Fever, Saturday Night Fever, Saturday Night faverite.
Speaker 3: That would be six. So Sea Lane is picking up a three pointer on that one, and Don, with I guess of seven, picking up one point. That means in first place with six points Sea Lane, Slash Sarah Shark Bait, in second place with five points on Slash Bird Nerd Bowlwear, and in third place with zero points Slash Game Sean Slash Gabe.
Speaker 10: Only up from here, baby, I'm only laughing because ceiling looks so incredibly happy.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's not bad enough that I'm sitting here last place, Like God almighty.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got this four questions score of six, five and zero. Question five On Monday? Who was appointed the seventh UK? Don?
Speaker 10: Andy Burnham?
Speaker 3: That is correct?
Speaker 2: Damn that.
Speaker 3: Full question? On Monday he was appointed the seventh UK Prime minister in a decade?
Speaker 2: Don?
Speaker 3: Out of eight answers, how many do you think? Said Andy Burnham? He's not a surregu He's not a Night.
Speaker 2: Two two, one.
Speaker 3: One for show one two and two for ceiling. Question five with answers of one and.
Speaker 2: To ding ding ding, ding ding ding.
Speaker 3: Who knows their Brits? On Monday? Who was appointed the seventh UK Prime Minister in a decade?
Speaker 2: Harrycane, no idea.
Speaker 10: No, no idea about Nigel Farage.
Speaker 2: That would be one.
Speaker 3: So Sean is picking up two points.
Speaker 2: Look at you.
Speaker 3: And Sea Laing with your guesses of two each picking up one point and now question six with three questions remaining. Question six, which actor is Angelina Jolie's father?
Speaker 2: Sean Sean, Oh god, they hate each other?
Speaker 19: Uh old act John knows John James, John Jacob uh John John Malcolm, Damn Seilan, John Voight, John correct, John Voyd, you.
Speaker 3: Were close, se Lane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think? Said John Voyd, Oh, he's been a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Four, four, five.
Speaker 3: Five, four, Sean, four and four for Don. Question six, but the answers of four and five, which actor is Angeline and Julie's father?
Speaker 12: Voight?
Speaker 18: Yeah, the past pass, Stephen, no clue pass, John Boy, that would be three.
Speaker 3: So Don and Sea Lane with your guesses of four each picking up one point.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I just.
Speaker 5: I'm so far behind and I'm just like.
Speaker 3: Taking your hatred out on the fader. Two questions remaining now, Question seven over the weekend, who became the first w NBA player with forty five points? And and Sean Caitlyn Clark. That is correct, Caitlyn Clark forty five points in tennissists in a single game, first time that's been done, Sean. Out of eight answers, how many do you think?
Speaker 5: Said cc ummm.
Speaker 2: That's a double double, right, isn't that? That's what they call it? Double double? I guess I'm gonna say six.
Speaker 3: Six, five, five, four, Seilian, seven and seven for Don. Question seven, but the answers of five.
Speaker 2: Six in seven ding Ding Ding, Ding ding Ding.
Speaker 3: Someone knows there Caitlyn Clark over the weekend, who became the first w NBA player with forty five points in tennissists in a single game.
Speaker 2: Yep, don't know past.
Speaker 21: Kaitlyn Clark, Kaitlyn Clark, Kaitlyn Clark, Caitlin Clark, Caitlyn.
Speaker 2: Clark, Thickers, Caitlyn Clark. That would be six.
Speaker 3: So Sean's hitting a three pointer on that one. Yeah, Sea, Lan and Don with your guys at five and seven each picking up on one point each. That means we have one question remaining before we do. Let's take a look at the leader board. In first place with ten points Sea Lane slash Sarah and second place with nine points Don Slash Bird nerd Bowlwear. And in third place with five points Sewn slash Gabe.
Speaker 2: I still can't win.
Speaker 5: I have been all that progress, Okay?
Speaker 3: Is ten nine and five questions? What is the capital of the Republic of Ireland? Sealane Dublin Dublin's correct Sea Lane out of eight answers, how many do you think is that? Dublin seven, seven, six, six four Sean eight and eight for Don question eight with answers of six, seven and eight.
Speaker 2: Ding Ding Ding, Ding, Ding Ding.
Speaker 3: Who knows they're Dublin. What is the capital of the Republic of Ireland?
Speaker 2: Is Dublin, Doblin Belfast, Dublin, Dublin, Dublin.
Speaker 3: That would be seven. That means Sea Lane is hitting a three pointer at the buzzer, and Sean and Don with your guesses of six and eight each picking up one point. That means winning overall on the day with thirteen points Sea Lane slash Sarah Congratulations, in second place with ten points, Don slash bird nerd Bowlwear and in third place with seven points Shawn slash Gabe. That means in first place and still leading on Fritz on the Street with two hundred and six points, mister Christopher Lane in second place with one hundred and ninety five points. That mortgage guy Don, and in third place with one hundred and fifty two points, mister Shaan Wasson. That is Fritz on the Street. And also happy birthday to my dad.
Speaker 2: Ah, thank you Fred, there he goes, thank you Fred.
Speaker 5: And how old is your father today?
Speaker 2: He is seventy six, No, seventy six years old, Papa Fritz out there. Sounds kind of like Papa Smurph when I say it that way, But happy birthday to you out there somewhere in radio world. You should be proud of your son.
Speaker 3: He's actually watching on YouTube, I think right now.
Speaker 2: Actually, I want to say you should be proud of all of your sons, because from what I hear, there is quite some accomplishment in the family. There's a lot of people, a lot of success going on in the Fritz family and a lot of very talented kids. So happy birthday to him for sure. Fritz, we appreciate you as always.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 2: Folks. You need to go to Fritz's Funhouse Trivia. Why because you're gonna have a good time. Right, You've heard like you're gonna have a bad time. You're gonna have a good time. Fritz's Funhouse Trivia is what you deserve. Treat yourself with a night where you have a couple of drinks, you have some delicious food at Cavos, and you hang out with the one, the only Fritz in the greatest trivia game in all mankind.
Speaker 3: So play particularly on the radio.
Speaker 2: That's right, Go participate over there next week and follow along, go to the news Junkie dot Com slash share The News Junkie dot Com slash share. Follow Fritz on all social media platforms. Fritz will see you next time, buddy may there, he goes. Don, you can hang out with us for a bit here, Yes, sir, happy to all right? Excellent, I've got some stuff I want to run by you when we come back. Plus, we've got to catch up with you on your trip here. We'll see what's going on in Don's world in just a moment. Also something that I am not doing. I don't care how much money you throw at me. This ain't happening, but people are doing it right now. What is it that's coming up next on the News Junkie, Don remind people where you went here over the last couple of weeks on your trip.
Speaker 10: I did a cruise in Alaska that's been a bucket listing for a few years. And then at the tail end of the Alaska trip, got chosen to be at the New York Stock Exchange to do the close be part of a group of people doing the ringing of the closing nor Well that was last Friday, and then got home Saturday one in the morning, just in time to do my show on Saturday morning at nine am.
Speaker 2: Man, that is like a bucket list adventure, right there, Both of those things. So, first of all, everybody who's been to Alaska on a cruise and as far as I hear, that's the way to do Alaska. It's the cruise. You go and just like cruise through the place, and it's so stunning visually, was it like that?
Speaker 10: Unbelievable? Man, every time I thought I had seen the coolest thing I'd ever done, Like I did a helicopter thing up to a glacier and that was the coolest thing I'd ever done. And then the next day you do something else or see something else that was even cooler. And then even on the days that are sea days, you're still going by mountains and glaciers and it's just incredible. I definitely recommend.
Speaker 2: My God, you flew from here to Alaska to get on the cruise, then I'm imagining they have you go.
Speaker 10: Well, the one that I went on, I went on the Princess Cruise, and that one goes out of Vancouver, So you fly to Canada to Vancouver and then you go out of there. There's different ways of doing it. Some you go up for three days and then back for three or four days. Ours went from from Vancouver all the way up to Anchorage, stopping at multiple stops along the way, and then you can also do the reverse from from Anchorage on the way back.
Speaker 2: Well, how long was your longest flight though to get to get over there?
Speaker 10: How longest it was? It was two flights both ways. But like on the way back, I flew direct from Anchorage to Atlanta. That's like seven a little over seven hours.
Speaker 5: Is that the longest you've ever gone on a flight or now?
Speaker 10: No, I've done longer once to Europe, But yeah, that's seven hours is a good long time.
Speaker 2: Right now, they're doing a test flight, like literally right now, and this is this flight, And I thought, I don't I don't think I could do that. Sea Lane could because it didn't care about being on a plane at all.
Speaker 4: But no, when I get to those long flights, I mean and long for me, like we're going three to four hours. Once we're getting past that, Once we're getting past like the three hour mark, Yeah, yeah, I need to like get up and walk around because my butt hurts after while. Guys, there's no there's no nice way of saying, my butt is killing me after a while, your bud.
Speaker 2: This is this is the world's largest NonStop flight, and they're doing the test flight for right now, and it's a twenty two hour flight. It's twenty two hour flight. They're scheduling this like about a year fro an hour or something, but they're doing the test flight right now. And the Airbus A three fifty one thousand that it's on has like four hundred people on board. There are four pilots that switch off, and you they're flying for that long.
Speaker 5: It was the most traffic.
Speaker 2: Plane in the world on flight Radar twenty four, so everybody's just kind of following this thing along as it's cruising and then you know, on and on and on and on twenty two hours. I personally, I couldn't do it. You could throw all the money in the world at me. I don't know that I'd be able to.
Speaker 4: It would have to be one of those like super premium first class tickets where you got like pretty much a little suite there that folds out to a bed and then the chair kind of swivels around and you got all different kinds of entertainment for you and Caviare and I would do it.
Speaker 2: I would sure do it. You would do it in the most expensive scenario you ever have laid down, I would have to go right home on a rickety boat because I would be out of money. Yeah right, I mean all in one way.
Speaker 10: Where are they taking you in twenty two hours that you can't get to in say, ten hours from somewhere else.
Speaker 5: I guess it's going to be.
Speaker 2: So the idea was to bring the world's first NonStop commercial flights flights from Australia.
Speaker 5: Sydney to London and Sydney to New York.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: So those are going to be like twenty two hour flights.
Speaker 2: Now. Currently, if somebody wants to do one of those flights, they have to do one of those like chains of flights and then oh god, you know, thirty six hours or something is what it's taken you to get from from one place to another. I just can't do those kind of long trips like that. I don't have it in my blood.
Speaker 4: But but don that was your very first time on a cruise ship, right, that was my first ever cruise ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never done it before. What ship?
Speaker 10: People are asking the Princess that was on the island Island, Princess Island, Princess. It holds about two thousand passengers, about seven hundred crew, all right, so it's kind of kind of mid sized.
Speaker 5: Was it like a party atmosphere on there or what?
Speaker 10: No, No, it was. I was one of the young I was one of the younger people there on the crew. You know, it was an older for that. Yeah, it was. Some of the people that I was with, we were joking like we were a Princess cruise nines, you know, like you're here here here a six in real life, but on a Princess cruise, baby, you know.
Speaker 2: And they're like, what you kids doing on this cruise?
Speaker 4: You know, on an Alaskan cruise? Do people still get in the pool on the pool deck or is it too cold for that? It was, you know, I saw people in the hot tubs NonStop.
Speaker 2: That would make sense.
Speaker 10: Even though the pools that they had one pool that was indoors kind of in class, there were people in that one, But the one that was out on the upper deck it could be pretty brisk up there. Sometimes I would probably go out of my way to hit the hot tub up just to say, like, look at me.
Speaker 5: Alaskan cruise doing the hot tub thing I did.
Speaker 10: I was gonna go in the hot tub, and then I did the math of six hot tubs and two thousand passengers, and I passed.
Speaker 4: Don't do the math, Shohn. Check your text message. I sent you a video of Dawn at the Stock Exchange and his group bringing the bell.
Speaker 22: Whats that's the actual ballot? That's cool. Well, the news desk it's right there, Soday.
Speaker 2: Is that CNBC right there?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's right right behind you. And so you've got the in front of you. The news desk is right there. Very cool experience to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh that's lame. Now he went from this to coming back on this show that this show seems so much less impressive.
Speaker 5: After you've been on CNBC. He's like, I look, I was, you know CNBC.
Speaker 4: This said a little bit Ceilan and the booth and shorts just slumming it.
Speaker 2: And I was on CNBC ceilings running around from studio to studio.
Speaker 5: Has Don's telling us his cruise stories.
Speaker 4: Here because somebody turned down my my my pod on the on the main board.
Speaker 2: Good, that's good. I told Fritz to do it. I told him to do it. That's very cool. So you got to ring the bell with all these folks at the New York Stock Exchange, and.
Speaker 10: It's kind of an honor. I was chosen there. My brokerage was chosen as one of the top one hundred in the country, and so the owners of all the top one hundred got to go there and be there for the closing bell.
Speaker 2: That's Friday. That's amazing. That's that's very very cool. Sounds like a fun trip, and these kind of experiences are the ones that people strive for. It's crazy that you went to Alaska. I literally, I think two or three weeks ago, watched a video of these folks, and I haven't really wanted to go to Alaska, but it made me want to go to Alaska so bad. They went on a cruise and they took one of those chopper tours to the the icebergs, like you were saying or whatever, and they did a like a dog racing thing, like what what's that?
Speaker 5: What's the long dog race? That's not it I did. They did the video I was watching.
Speaker 2: They went out and there's these teams and they the dogs pull the sleds and they go across the country and stuff and they fly in on the chopper and do that in the visuals.
Speaker 5: Like you'll never see anything like that again in your life. Probably it was.
Speaker 10: That was one of the options we could have done, but that was like a six hour excursion I did. I did one where you fly up through the mountain, like when you look up and you see the snowcap mountains. Then you get in the helicopter and you're literally flying up through the snowcaps, weaving in and out of the mountaintops, and then you land on the glacier and walk around. It is it's like a simulation. It's so unreal to do that. Yeah, up there. I didn't do this.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a lot right, Like it's.
Speaker 10: Overwhelming, Yeah, because it you can't hear you know, the chopper. You're you're there and you think, Okay, if something happens, I'm done, because these are like sheer rock cliffs going down three four thousand feet. But it's just incredible. There's no other way to describe it except I highly recommend for you.
Speaker 5: It seems like a fun time that that's the ship he was on.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: Folks that went out there, I know there's a lot of them, and my parents went on one sort of at some point in time, and they were like they wouldn't stop talking about it. Man for the best kind of ways, but that's a good time. And he was out there with all the other experts, the mortgage experts that know much more about what's going on in the financial world with houses and getting your first house and all of this stuff than anybody else out there. This is what that mortgage guy Don does. It's literally in his name, for God's sake. So right now, where are we at with with time to buy houses, time to sell houses, or.
Speaker 10: Where are we at? We're having the busiest purchase market we've had all year. I mean, just it's always that way though in the summer, in May, June, July, it's it's the time. It's the time to purchase. Everybody wants to move while the kids are out of school or when they're you know, when they're they're going to change schools, and so it's super busy out there. We're doing a ton of home equity lines. That's another big thing that a lot of people are doing because they've got like a really good first mortgage rate maybe a two three or four, but they want to get some equity out. So the home equity line of credit or the helock loone is the number one thing we're doing right now.
Speaker 5: Can we talk about that real quick.
Speaker 2: Let's say you're in some sort of position where you need to get hold of some funds and you want to do one of those home equity lines of credit. It's an idea that a lot of people do. I know that people use it sometimes to get work done on their house. I think one of these before I.
Speaker 4: Did one to buy an air conditioner one time.
Speaker 2: To get an AC Are there like limits or rules on what you can get one of those helocks for those lines of credit?
Speaker 10: It's kept by the value of the property. So most banks are going to cap you at about eighty percent of the value of your home. We have some that go up as high as ninety five percent of the value of your home.
Speaker 2: So that's what.
Speaker 10: Caps you, is the appraised value of the property. As to how much you can get out.
Speaker 5: What can you spend it on? Can you spend out whatever you want?
Speaker 10: You can spend it's your it's cash money. It just gets wired into your checking account, you know, and you can or you can leave it in there and draw it out as needed, depending on the type of loan that you do. But I'll tell you one of the most common things I'm seeing people do. People that have racked up one hundred, one hundred and fifty k in credit card debt for whatever reas and you know you're paying twenty nine thirty percent on that debt. So people that refinance that with their equity are cutting their payments and saving four or five grand a month on those interest payments in that kind of level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, pay it all off.
Speaker 2: These are the things that you need to know. And this is a guy that this is his world. So if you're going to buy a house, if you're looking to get a home equity, line of credit, helock or whatever they're called. I don't know about these things, but I know somebody who does. That's that mortgage Guy Don. You can go to his website, that Mortgage Guy Don dot com. Make sure you're listening to the show this weekend. Get yourself prepped by diving back through the archives on the website, and if you have any questions, fire them off to him. What's the best way to reach you with questions. If people are curious, you can go.
Speaker 10: You can follow me on Instagram at that Mortgage Guy Don and DM is just a second away. Or you can go to the website that Mortgage Guide Don, and there's a place that says, you know, email Don a message and you just put it in there.
Speaker 2: It comes right to my email. It's good to have you back, Don, Thanks for hanging out with us today. Thank you for having me there. He is if you need any help, that's your guy. He's the expert that has all the information that's gonna help you save a ton of money. That Mortgage Guy Don dot com. Quick break when we come back, I still got to play this clip. I teased it earlier, but I haven't worked it in quite yet. And we got jury duty on the way before we get into Power Hour, and we have a lot of ground to cover. That's all coming up next on the News Junkie Surrey Duty on the Wag. Never have I ever scared a woman away as quickly as I just did. I mean my guy Cork.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she popped into the studio.
Speaker 2: She goes some equipment or some dumb thing you ordered us here, and she's being nice about it and she hands it to me and I.
Speaker 5: Go, oh, excited. I've been waiting for that piece of equipment.
Speaker 2: I got this this piece of equipment in the studio, and I said, you want me to explain it to you and tell you what it is? And she goes, no, I don't care. I don't I don't care. I was like, look, that's a dual transformer isolator right there. Oh DTI. Yeah, it was like as a DTI. Baby, that's like a studio DTI right there. And she like, are you saying explaining the DT. I didn't make her DTF. Oh it did not. No, whatever the opposite of DTF is she she yeah, it was. She immediately just shut the door. I was in the middle of explaining what this was, and she's like, man, door shuts on me. And everybody's like, wow, she just served you up over there over on on skull mic. So yeah, it's gonna be good for you folks. None of you will notice, but trust me, it matters to me that the audio quality is as good as possible on this show.
Speaker 4: You are the laugh bit of the audience that you are trying to super serve.
Speaker 2: If only I can please my self doing this show, then I'll know I stand by what I said. One day I will please myself doing this show, and on that day I will know that everything I can do has been accomplished in radio. That's it.
Speaker 5: I'll listen. I'll be like, damn, that was good.
Speaker 2: Strategically, you did this right, you were your conversational, you nailed the content, you had the audience glue. You did check your check check all the boxes off. And one day I will do that and you'll never hear from me again. I just check out. I'll be like, I'm done.
Speaker 5: I did enough. That's it, that's all I got.
Speaker 2: What happened to Sean, Well, he pleased himself, so.
Speaker 5: I please myself. And when he does that, he disappears.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's like with with Alex Trebek on Jeopardy.
Speaker 4: If you answer his name backwards, yeah, he sends them Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I please you, Yeah, If I please myself on this radio show, then I turned inside out and you never see me again. It's the level I should rephrase this quality is what I'm going to be pleased.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the clip of Jeopardy where somebody actually did that, Like one of the contestants on Jeopardy actually put as their final Jeopardy response kevert.
Speaker 2: Zella it's so funny.
Speaker 4: And the funny part was I don't know that Alex Trebec either had seen that family guy skit or knew anything about it or remembered it. So it was just like, oh, it's Alex Trebek backwards, and the guy was like, apparently I thunds you back to your realm.
Speaker 2: It was the cringiest nerdious guy. Well, I guess it didn't work. Speaking of that, my meme template from yesterday, which just to bring you guys up to speed on this, I was talking about yesterday potentially getting canceled because they were going after this streamer. He had a new prop in the background, which was a nine to eleven really a nine to twelve newspaper or the New York Times after the nine to eleven attacks. I said, I also have that, but you can't cancel me for it because I am a collector and officionado in the world of newspapers. So of course I have the New York Times nine to twelve first edition newspaper with the photo of the towers all blasted out. But I also have horrible newspaper headlines all and amazing ones too. I've like we landed on the Moon, you know, like I have those guys. Guys hear this, we landed on the Moon. I got the Philadelphia choir. I believe it is from the time we landed on the Moon. So anyways, I took a picture by this and now it's gone to this level. They've turned me into sort of a furry here and they put me in the frame and now it's like something called the Infinite Cat project. Where the Infinite Cat Project was somebody takes a picture of a cat and then you take a picture of that cat on your screen on your computer with your cat in front of it, and then somebody else takes a picture of your cat on the screen with the other cat on the screen in front of it, and then, you know, down down the line it goes they're doing that with me. I'm a couple of layers deep on that. Also for rate my blank, somebody's got the news joking. This is an unnumbered magnet that is incredibly old, huh. And then a rare one that was a the Tom and Dan crossover. It was a crossover that we did with Tom and Dan, and that was really limited. I don't I don't know if there was even a hundred of those, maybe there was. Those are pretty rare. Both of those.
Speaker 4: I like this one here. That's some Bootsy Moonshine posted of you. And it's the picture that you're pointing at. Is your your Guinness World Record of most consecutive days wearing a black hat in a row. Oh, this one's funny too. Yeah, this one. This one's a good one too. I thought I was here saying this.
Speaker 2: It says Guinness World Record Certificate, most consecutive days wearing a black hat in a row, Shawn Watson, five thousand. Thank you, Thank you very much. Everybody. They said it couldn't be done, but I did. You could see all the yourself over on the website in this one too. You can see all of these over on the website click the dispatches section. As people continue to meme that into oblivion, but it is such a good meme, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. Talented people, talented, talented people.
Speaker 2: I told them, I said it. I said it.
Speaker 12: I said it about the magnet and critical minerals, and I hope you're going to do magnets help.
Speaker 13: You're over bringing people magnets, magnet magnez Mane. You gotta make money, so got.
Speaker 2: To edit that one out.
Speaker 5: Here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 11: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 2: Your knowing Jury Duty with the News Junkie Jury Duty brought to you by the one, the only mode a wit of the do It Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just call Moode dot com. After an accident, reach out to the attorney that's going to help you out, the attorney who I believe is going to be here on this show tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Finally, oh man, finally, we haven't seen Moses in a in a time.
Speaker 2: To even remember what he looks like. Well, we know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I'm assuming I'll just have to when he gets to the lobby call him. Yea, and whoever's phone rings, that's the person.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 2: That's that's a good idea. We'll have to do that for sure. Here in Jury Duty is a story that has been playing out in a courtroom, and this is as you might have mattered.
Speaker 5: Once, Hernon lucks, Hernon lucks.
Speaker 2: This guy in the Boston area, was arrested and he was charged with three counts of criminal harassment after engaging in quote, disturbing behavior while dressed as a mine as at a state park. So this guy was dressed as a mime. He's at a state Parkwait, I thought, I thought you said dressed as a mine. None, he was dressed as a mime, and they said he was. Three counts of criminal harassment were the charges, and he was engaging in disturbing behavior. This suspect, who often wore a cape and face paint, reportedly targeted two female Department of Conservation and Recreation employees over a two month period. So the mine was like harassing these ladies in the weirdest of ways. And he was in the courtroom. This guy is so weird and he passed out. He passed out in the courtroom.
Speaker 5: And here is the women report.
Speaker 21: Kaoed that dramatic moment caught on camera in court today when a suspect passed out in the middle of his arraignment. He is typically dressed as a mine. Prosecutor said, he is the man in these photos. They claim what he's a cures of harassing several women on the rail trail in Natick.
Speaker 23: Like this surfacing on social media of a man identified as twenty nine year old Hernan villagrand Lux seen walking in public areas like the coquit Rail Trail and state Park.
Speaker 5: I butchered that the Coquetuit rail Trail.
Speaker 23: Us arrested by Massachusetts State Police Sunday night. Appearing in Framingham District Court Monday morning, we.
Speaker 17: Routinely runs around the park and nothing but underwear and socks.
Speaker 23: As Framingham District Courts, you guys, Sir Andrew Man reads the facts of the case against Hernan villagran Lux. The defendant passes out in the courtroom.
Speaker 2: Down he goes jeez or.
Speaker 23: Documents show he repeatedly harassed three young female DCR workers at the Coquituit State Park.
Speaker 17: The women report an extensive number of contacts with the defendant, involving him staring at them smiling in what they described as I'll quote a really unerving and frankly terrifying manner.
Speaker 23: According to Man, one of the women fifty encounters with him, situations they say became increasingly bold and in vasible.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty encounters with this weird mime guy. Wow, what a absolute weird of this guy is he was bothering these women at this state park so much that they ended up charging him.
Speaker 5: He passed out in the classroom.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's been sentenced yet, but I hope they get him for a while because that's really bizarre behavior. And there he goes. Also in Jerry Duty, the US teenager who is trying to take down Meta, that's the parent company of Facebook and WhatsApp and a bunch of other things. The US teenager has dropped his Meta lawsuit on social media addiction just days before the trial was going to start. It was the latest and a massive series of high stakes lawsuits against social media companies for designing addictive products that led to the harm of children. The lawsuit, brought by a fifteen year old boy known as RKC, originally named four defendants, Google's YouTube, Meta's Instagram, Snap, Snap Inc. Snapchat in Bite Dances, TikTok YouTube, and TikTok settled in June. Snap reached the tentative settlement in the case, and now I guess Meta has as well, So that might mean it might mean that he got paid out by all of those platforms. I don't know. If he did, for sure, but that could be what that was just walked away with a big fat payday so they can get these cases behind them.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, quick break when we come back starting off the Power Hour. I did not know this was happening, but it is. There is a resurgence an Emerald the Chef for some reason on social media. I'll tell you why, and I'll play some of the clips for you that are going megaviral right now. We also have an update of the Courtney stodd In situation we talked about yesterday. We'll see what clips he Lane has for us, and so much more that's on the way. The Power Hour is coming up next on the News Junkie. Back in the day, on daytime television, my mom watched Emerald every single day.
Speaker 5: Right, would you consider daytime?
Speaker 2: I think so. I think it was on during the day, right. I think it was like I think it was, but like the main show. So he had a show that was like him by himself that was quite boring, and I think I would have to look this up. I think the catchphrases, especially the bam one bam, was because his show is like cooking with Emerald or whatever. The essence of Emerald, whatever the show was called, was just very not exciting, and I think the cameramen were falling asleep or something, so he would just be like to mess with them. He would be like, I'm just gonna throw a little salted in a bam. Well, that's how he used to be. The television shows Juliet Child, for example, those shows back in the day where they had chefs on. People would learn from it and a mom would learn recipes to cook for the family, and those kind of things would happen, for sure, but a lot of times it was very dull, boring television. And then Emerald came along and he was like, this is boring by camera. People are falling asleep. So he made it so freaking exciting and he made food like I'll play with some of the clips that are going viral gen Z people. Younger people are hearing this stuff for the first time and they're like, this was a food show. This is such a good time. Here's one of the biggest Emeral clips. Having a rough day and you need to kick it up a little. What I recommend would be the ad.
Speaker 5: Picked some a bottle of khaloo.
Speaker 3: Even you can add.
Speaker 2: A little bit of that. Hello, crowd full of alcoholics. Yes, alcohol in the food.
Speaker 4: I mean, how hot is that stove right now? With all the alcohol is gonna cook out? Don't worry. Yeah, he's just excited.
Speaker 2: And just in case you want you take a little rum.
Speaker 13: What Jamaica on?
Speaker 2: Oh literally, the Michael Scott of the food world. Come on, he was so pumped, he was so excited. He made food fun. There's another one I have for it. This one is such a great example too, Emerald. He wouldn't have a bunch of like suit wearing like uh, like stodgy losers in his studio. He would have like in this case, he has a bunch of construction workers wearing hard hats and they're sitting there watching Emerald. This dude cook up some spaghetti and meatballs, and all of the construction worker hard hat wearing guys were like, oh yeah, oh hell yeah, yeah. You take those meatballs.
Speaker 20: Yeah, made with the hot sausage, sweet sausage, A.
Speaker 2: Little bit of the chuck. There's a grown man.
Speaker 20: Oh man, gotta get that gravy over there like that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I mean, you would be sure that the growings, grunts and sounds from these construction workers. Were them watching something very different but like a stripper. Yeah, their front row.
Speaker 20: And center for Emerald God Munch, which is what I generally do.
Speaker 5: It's not a problem.
Speaker 2: It's just spaghetti.
Speaker 20: I'm gonna show you, especially with you guys, I'm gonna show you exactly what you can do.
Speaker 2: Give it to me. Yeah, right, we'll take some parmesan. Yeah. That was the height of it all, baby, That's what made food fun all of a sudden. And it went from that into like these Top Chef and Master Chef shows. I went to a live taping of Emerald Live once you did Universal City Walk? Yeah, oh man, I we were me and a friend were going into the park just to hang out and ride rides like where he would see people and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and we were going and as you know, walking into Universal Studios, you have to pass through City Walk. And as we're passing through City Walk, they had this big like stage build you know, the end right in front of the lake as you're walking in where there's that big flat space where they where they build out stuff sometimes. Yeah, walking through City Walk, they had a big stage built there and there was signs and I was like Emerald is here. Emerald And my friend that I was with was like, oh don't I don't want to go see the Emerald. This is stupid. Why do you want to? And like we went into the park and some of the lines are along. I was like, come on, man, let's let's let's go get in line, let's go, let's go see the Emerald.
Speaker 2: Let's let's do it. This was cool. It made chefs into like rock star. He was a rock star.
Speaker 4: He had like celebrity you know, they usually have some people on the table in front of him that he actually serves the food too. They had like celebrity guests like it was you know, it's Orlando, so like Lance Bass.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of them.
Speaker 4: It was like there was like local like famous musicians from Orlando and Orlando people that got to do it, and it was it was fun.
Speaker 5: It was fascinating to watch all that stuff go down.
Speaker 2: I really think that was the spark that lit off this celebrity chef explosion, which then led to such an improvement. People don't understand this. I don't think such an improvement in food everywhere in the United States of America. When people come over from the World Cup. The reason why they're so blown away is because of a lot of the strides that we've made in the last twenty to thirty years in the United States of America. One thing that's real obvious is stadiums. If you go to stadiums, it used to be hot dogs sitting in a vat of water. It used to be like seven to eleven food, some dirty water, dogs, bud. Now they I've elevated all these foods because people wanted better, they expected better, they were paying more money, they wanted a better quality experience, and all of a sudden, food everywhere, even just like your Applebee's, your chilies, those type of places. They started to make food better and we all probably got a little fatter off of it, but we all we all get to enjoy one of the great things to enjoy in life. One of the great reasons to be breathing and living and existing is eating good food with your friends and your family and enjoying yourself. I think that that guy was at the center of it. Unfortunately, then I think he went wild and went broke. I don't remember how, but I believe at some point he sold his like empire to Martha Stewart, I think if I possibly, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Now he's doing like infomercials for seven to one air fryers, and I go, who has the pictures of you? Who has the evidence against Emerald Man?
Speaker 2: He sold off all of that stuff, as I recall, like his name is the all the things that he had under the Emerald umbrella.
Speaker 4: He had two restaurants in uh A Universal that were like, you know, half a mile less than a half a mile from each other. I know, I know, I'm in the same property.
Speaker 2: So now I don't know what he's doing these days, but he definitely was at the center of a lot of this stuff and shouts out to you, Amoral, if you're out there somewhere today, shouts out, friend, make us some food. Sometime on the show, right now, let's do the Power Hour. They said he couldn't be done. Then they said, like greatest sex offender in the world this time for the Power Hour on the news. Chunky not me, someone else another person was wasn't me? Okay, it wasn't me. What makes shoot? Never mind? I'm not I forget it, forget it, forget it. Follow up on the store we talked about yesterday Jason Alexander from Seinfeld. He was in that sketch with Courtney Stadden when she was just seventeen years old. We played this sketch yesterday. Go back to the show from yesterday if you missed this. And Jason Alexander from Seinfeld. He plays George on Seinfeld. He's in this sketch with seventeen year old Courtney Staughten, who was famous in the news because she was sixteen when she married this actor. Yeah, and she was complaining. She was like, I cannot believe adults did this to me. Here's Jason Alexander rubbing and touching my breasts and then you know, talking about how we wanted me to turn eighteen so we could take me behind his desk or something. I thought to myself at least, I was like, how bad could it possibly be? It was pretty bad. It was like there was a lot of weird going on. Now, she still didn't have to do any of this stoff, but she was seventeen there with a growed ass husband that with celebrities from Hollywood rubbing on her boobs. We touched on this.
Speaker 4: A little bit yesterday when we were kind of approaching the story and I I don't know if I put it exactly like this, but as I was going to the bathroom, we went to break and I'm scrolling through my phone and Pisenberg had texted me and he was like, wait a second. She said she couldn't legally choose not to do it the year after she legally chose to marry a fifty one year old dude.
Speaker 2: Saying, how could you do one thing but then not?
Speaker 4: You can't you have no legal option to not participate in this sketch.
Speaker 2: I think that she could have rejected it, but she does have an argument that like, why was everybody letting me do this at seventeen?
Speaker 5: Yes, no, absolutely, both things can be true.
Speaker 2: I said yesterday on school Mic, because the show continues during the breaks over on YouTube dot com Slash and the news Junkie, and I was talking on there. I said, here's how I would handle this. The United States of America has to be better than all these other cultures and all these other countries out there. There is no way that we should have places where children can get married in the United States of America. It's not the eighteen nineties anymore. We're not trying to beat an early death by having kids at fifteen and getting married at you know, thirteen or fourteen or something.
Speaker 5: We're not doing those things.
Speaker 2: We want to be better than those Middle Eastern countries for Christ's sake. We want to be better than the countries where kids are getting married off at eleven and twelve years old.
Speaker 5: To Creepo's as.
Speaker 2: You gave their data, goat and yeah. And I think in the United States of America we should say eighteen you get married. Nobody under eighteen gets married. At eighteen you get married, and that's the way it works around here. Unfortunately, that's not the way it goes. Looking back, she's kind of she's kind of said, I feel like a victim in this, and I do think it was kind of screwy what was going on with her, But you know, she she certainly had a bit more agency than she was saying. However, she's responded. Courtney Stodden speaks out after Seinfeld the lum Jason Alexander apologize for filming an inappropriate sketch with her when she was a seventeen year old minor. I'm very taken aback that an adult was able to take accountability because I have I haven't heard a lot of adults take accountability. She said. When I first got word that he publicly apologized, I was grateful because I think it's the first step in change. At the same time, I think it would be even better if you put that into action. So I would urge Jason Alexander to support AB one two six seven. Let's look that up. What the hell's on?
Speaker 4: Without looking it up, I think it's her her cause for to end child marriage.
Speaker 2: Oh good, yeah, I mean, who, who the hell's not for that? Anybody not for that out there? I'll take I'll take that side of the argument. Please AB one two six seven. It's support what's happening in California, or even donate to unchained at last. Oh that's the ChIL Yeah, that's a child marriage bill. AB one two six seven is a bill that would effectively ban child marriage by making the legal minimum age to wed eighteen years old. It's really frightening that there's no minimum age for somebody to get married in California. Seelining while I'm blabbin, look up ages for states to get married in the United States, because I think there's some states where they're even it's lower it's lower than sixteen. Maybe it's fightening that no minimum age for somebody to get married in California exists. Courtney Studtin said, there are only two other states that allow this, Mississippi in New Mexico, and I think California allows us. Is shocking? Is that true? I thought a bunch of states allowed you to get married with paranal permission. Uh okay. I don't know if these are mentioning parental permission or not. But let's take a look states with an absolute minimum age of eighteen with no exceptions. That's at least seventeen Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Michigan, Rhode Island, Washington, Virginia, New Hampshire, Maine, Oregon, Missouri, and Oklahoma. They have completely banned marriage under eighteen. No parental consent, no nothing, you have to be eighteen. That's in seventeen states. A handful of states, including California, which she's talking about, Mississippi, New Mexico, and Oklahoma, do not set a statutory minimum age for marriage. In these states, miners can theoretically marry at any age, typically requiring parental and judicial approval, So like a thirteen year old could get married if their parents allow it. Yes see, I just think that's old fashioned. I think that maybe you disagree, somebody, that is old fashion. I mean, you're right, you.
Speaker 4: Touched on like the idea that it used to happen earlier to you know, because you were dying sooner. Uh huh, you got out ahead of things. But it doesn't have to be that way anymore.
Speaker 2: Somebody says, there's no agent California, New Mexico, Michigan with parental permission. Yeah, that's what we're saying, right, Yeah, that's that's the exact point that we're making right now.
Speaker 4: In most states that still allow underage marriage, the absolute minimum age four is generally fifteen to seventeen years old. So like some of these states say, hey, you can get married under eighteen with judicial approval, with parental approval, but you still can't do it under fifteen or under you know, fifteen to seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: This is an easy take for me. It's just I think people should be eighteen to get married. I think that's it. I don't think that's some weird wilk thing. I think it's just obvious I think we should wait until you're an adult. I think you can't get a tattoo until you're eighteen. I don't even think you should be able to get one with parental approval, by the way, if you're inner eighteen, and the same should be true for getting married.
Speaker 4: Some states impose additional restrictions. California requires both parental consent and court approval, while Florida dictates that the older party cannot be more than two years older than the minor. So like in Florida, more similar to the Romeo and Juliet law, where it's like, Okay, you can get married at seventeen, but not if the person is twenty five. They have to be nineteen.
Speaker 2: You know, can you guys imagine, like, imagine right now that when you were sixteen years old the person that you were in a relationship with. Imagine that you married that person. Say that again. Imagine that you got married to the person that you were with when you were sixteen years old, and you were in a marriage with that person.
Speaker 5: You probably would have thought at the time, like.
Speaker 2: We are in love. We love each other so much. Our parents just don't understand. As the song goes, they don't understy. They don't know what real love is. We love each other so much. Imagine you married that person. That's the situation these people are getting into. That's just stupid. It's the thumb. It sounds pretty woke to me. This is just sensible. It's not woke at all. This is sensible to say you should be an adult to get married.
Speaker 5: You should be an adult to vote.
Speaker 2: Maybe even older, maybe even older, and you should be an adult to join the army.
Speaker 5: You should be an adult to get married. That's it. That's how it goes from me.
Speaker 2: Maybe you disagree, but that's a weird argument to make if I'm honest with you.
Speaker 4: So I think there are a couple of states, like when you deal with this marriage stuff and age, where if you're under twenty one you can legally drink if you're married to somebody over twenty one. Okay, it's the really the weirdest loophole.
Speaker 2: So you're let's say you're eighteen and you're married to somebody who's over twenty one, you can drink as a residence adult of that way.
Speaker 4: In the United States, they're in twelve specific states, provided you are in the present of or given the alcohol by your legal spouse, who must be twenty one or older.
Speaker 2: You can legally drink under the age of twenty one.
Speaker 4: That is in Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, Nevado, New Mexico, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: If you put an age limit on things, they only want to do it younger. That doesn't make any sense. If you put an age limit on things, nobody can do it younger. Now you're not talking about smoking cigarettes or something where somebody can get access to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're putting age parents marriage closet and steel from their marriage.
Speaker 2: I've tried. Okay, that means but I've tried. All right, quick break, when we come back, I have a pick a side for you today. This is an interesting one. I think this happens more commonly when people imagine. But it's pretty explosive. And that is coming up next on the news junkie. What am I doing, man, I'm working on the studio in between breaks. This is a bad idea. It's a recipe for this. Are a madman, But it worked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it worked. This.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you all about it later. I want to bore everybody with what happened here, but some work going on in the studio during the break and it worked, right. No weird noises, totally DT, i'd right now. No buzzes, Yeah, that's right. Improvements, baby, No, don't do that. Don't get it, you know. I am. If I'm sitting in here and there's a buzz or a hum or, anything that's not supposed to be there in the studio, I'm like, I can't do it.
Speaker 5: I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I can't distract myself enough to forget about this, but I'm gonna have to because it's time and Steel, I don't know if you have the theme song for this, but it's apt to you. I didn't download it. Are you too busy playing with your DTI? I can downloaded today? Hopefully.
Speaker 5: All ready we're gonna do it a bigger side here we go, right.
Speaker 1: A doll?
Speaker 2: All right, choose a side. Who's right who's wrong? In this case, we have a woman who's upset. She has just spent some money in a restaurant in New York City and she's very very upset at learning something while she was there. The other side of this is the woman or the restaurant, you choose who's in the right who's in the wrong. Here is this lady. Let's listen into her situation.
Speaker 22: Say, and we got this pissan for twelve dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's it's really loud in this New York City bakery, so I have to tell you some of this. So the woman he goes, I can't believe this. We got this croissan at this bakery for twelve dollars. Okay, that doesn't seem that bad. I mean, I would probably pay less than twelve dollars for a croissant at a bakery. But if you're in a bakery in New York and they're making fresh croissants, that seems okay. So she buys the croissant of debaby.
Speaker 18: Saved her price.
Speaker 2: Why did I turn around?
Speaker 3: Look at this This guy, the delivery guy just came in.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, was warmed.
Speaker 4: Croissants are like costco.
Speaker 2: And so she films the guy who comes in while she said she buys. She buys the croissant at this Leon de Patissaure in New York City, this Parisian bakery, and after she gets her croissant, the delivery guy shows up and he's got a big ass box of croissants from Costco. And she's like, I paid a bunch of money for this. And then I see that they're just getting these big boxes delivered from Costco and they're reselling Costo Go croissants at this place. And this is a ripof and this is criminal and this is unfair. And I have to tell you, a lot of this stuff to me makes me judge how young the person is or inexperience, because this is true with a lot of the food that you're buying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, have you never heard of Cisco?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cisco, Cheney Brothers, all these like all these companies are the providers for particular food outlets like this. So if you go to let's say your local your local like bar and grill restaurant, not a chain, but your local bar and grill restaurant or just local restaurant, those restaurants almost always.
Speaker 5: Are ordering from a menu of their own.
Speaker 2: That menu, let's say it's from Cisco, which is a very very big company, not the strong song guy Yuckers, this Cisco company that makes food, and and you you go to four, five, six, ten different restaurants in your neighborhood. But if they all order the same chicken tenders off of Cisco, you're getting the same chicken tenders in all those places.
Speaker 4: Like if you get calamari at a place that's a sports bar, I hope that you don't expect that it's like a fresh catch. It probably tastes like the next sports bar's calamari, and the sports bar after that it's calamari, because they're all coming from a few a food distributor.
Speaker 2: So there's only two twists in this twist. Number one is just Gay points this out on TJ chat. It is a bakery, though I think there is an implication at a bakery that I'm getting something fresh and something made in house.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm expecting.
Speaker 2: I'm not expecting a costco item while I'm ordering at your bakery. I want a croissant that you're making back there, And I think that's what people think they're getting to be. Yeah, but I would argue that.
Speaker 4: Does the menu of the bakery, does the website? Is there anything that specifically says that these things are made in house? Or is the bakery just called bakery like there, oh it's called the.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: But I don't know what does that mean the art of the potentiaty of the art of the pastry. That doesn't mean the artist done there, doesn't mean this place is full of artists.
Speaker 2: People are also pointing out the second thing that I was gonna say, which is definitely it's just Costco wholesale, so like, it's not it's not like they went to Costco, bought it and reached so sold. They're getting a Costco wholesale thing. Where we gonna say, see that, Well, it's.
Speaker 4: Hard because yeah, I get that you would probably feel duped if you just spent twelve to fifteen dollars on a croissant only to see them come in. You would hope that maybe these guys would figure something out where the deliveries come in the back La Parisian Bakery. It says bakery, But does that mean they have to be baking stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a bakery right by time square yea, so whatever that means they.
Speaker 4: Could be heating things there, like for example, there are grocery stores that have bakeries. Not everything in the bakery is made from scratch. In the bakery, A lot of it isn't.
Speaker 2: Of course, Yeah, yeah, it bred all these things, but this is kind of how it goes. There's some stuff that's made in house at a restaurant. Any restaurant tour or like chef will tell you about this. I don't know. I just know this from other people saying it. There's some stuff that they make fresh in house and from scratch, as they'll call it. There's some places that are scratch kitchens where they're alleging that everything is made like that. But a lot of times there's stuff that they get to make their lives easier that it's already prepared or it's already ready to be prepared from there. So they get the croissants to make their own breakfast croissant sandwiches or something, right, but the croissants are not made in house. Bootsy, who knows about this stuff, says, this happens way more than people think.
Speaker 5: I think that's it. I think just especially young people are like, whoa.
Speaker 2: It's like the young person that freaked out when they they heard that, uh oh, what's the sandwich place? Yeah, when they heard Panera, they're like, this person works at Panara and all the soups are in bags and they put them in the microwave to heat them up, and you go, yeah, that's how this stuff works. I've told the story about my friend who ran on Applebee's and I expected to go back there and see all these chefs with their chef knives and you know, different cook tops, and I saw like six microwaves in a row, six microwaves in a row, all with little signs behind them on how to heat up each individual item and then how to present it for the customers at that Applebe's. And I'm like, oh, okay, this is sort of one of the secrets.
Speaker 5: But you know, is this a ripoff?
Speaker 2: Pick aside you aside with the lady who's angry she paid sixteen dollars for a croissant and then discovered it was a costco croissant, or with the the bakery, they can't possibly make all.
Speaker 5: Of this stuff. This is just how this stuff goes. What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think that unfortunately, it's just kind of one of those things that you you learn growing up. You know that there's things that you know as a child to be true that you later realize are not exactly true, and then there's things as a young adult that you're going to have to figure out aren't exactly you know, they're they're not making the croissants from scratch there.
Speaker 2: Now, if if their.
Speaker 4: Men you said housemaide from scratch anything like that, then you have an argument and maybe even a lawsuit. But I don't really think I would take her side on this one because rest.
Speaker 5: Real quick.
Speaker 2: You were literally just in New York City. Isn't everything by Times Square really expensive anyways? Yes, so like sixteen dollars for a croissant near Times Square.
Speaker 5: She's your expectation a little bit different.
Speaker 4: Now, if I go get a bagel in New York City, do I hope that it's made in house? Yeah, but if it's not, it's probably made somewhere else in New York that makes really good bagels. You know, Sorry about your croissant, lady, but I'm kind of on the restaurant's side here. Now the whole thing. I saw somebody recently posting about this. We mentioned Cisco, the food preveyor company SYSCO, and they are now I say, now, this happened back in November of twenty four. I think they have like a partnership with the Michelin Guide, And there's a whole handful of things that in the restaurant world that are controversial about the Michelin Guide, about their practices and how secretive they are, and it's really just up to them to do whatever they want. And there's no like governing body, because why would there be so this star or nose star given stars taking away stars. There were people that were like, we're supposed to trust you to rate the best restaurants, most expensive restaurants in the world, and you're partnering with Cisco to provide premium products to high end restaurants that have stars awarded to them. This is getting a little ridiculous. Guess what, those Cisco's got that money, right, Sure.
Speaker 2: Everybody's making money off this.
Speaker 4: If I found out that, like some three star restaurant was getting kind of subpar products, I would question why they have three stars but not a not a bakery in Times Square.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let us know what you think they'll pick aside. We got to take a break. We're well behind you when we come back. Final Dispatches stories that didn't make the cut in today. Ler to wrap everything up for a Thursday that's coming up next in the News Junkie. Not a lot of time on the way out but I do want to thank some people here very quickly. Executive producers who gifted during the show. Thank you to smash Lee for the fore gifted Lisa g Tom, sun State, John Meep, Anonymous, Beware Man Kicking, koolac Cat, bh, Tom, Tom Again, DJ Rage, sun State, John butter MYE Noodles, Rocket Ange, and more. Thank you our executive producers for gifting those subscriptions.
Speaker 5: We appreciate that.
Speaker 2: If you want to get the Jimothy Says relax sticker of the Viral Raccoon, you could get that. If you subscribe right now, or if you give some subscriptions, you get to claim all kinds of good stuff.
Speaker 5: So do that. Have fun. It's time to get the hell out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 2: I lernt.
Speaker 11: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ, So don't get cocky.
Speaker 2: It's done, or what we call today. It is today I learned for a Thursday, July twenty third, twenty twenty six, Today learn Mississippi has no open container law, allowing the driver of a motor vehicle to drink and drive as long as they.
Speaker 5: Stay sober and under the legal limit. In this state.
Speaker 2: That's smart funding.
Speaker 5: And finally today learned this band right here.
Speaker 2: Ever clear, that's right, ever clear. Indeed, they released not one, but two albums consisting of re recorded versions of their own songs because first he wanted to get the rights back from the record companies, and then he had to share the rights with some of the other guys, so we wanted to againe arts version so you could get the ones just for him. He wanted to scoop up all that sweet sweet money. Still a good song to go out on on a Thursday. Thank you for bragging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, same place. Miss end of the show. Get the podcast, Atthewsjunkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody, what
Speaker 13: Sh