Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball. One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball. Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 2: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tam Cats.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on this beautiful Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all those out there listening, especially my mom, Collin Yee's mom, my wife, everybody. Happy Mother's Day to one and all. As a Dodgers sit alone atop the n L West in first place above the San Diego Padres. Dodgers twenty four and fifteen on this season. After splitting the first two games of this weekend series with the Atlanta Braves, Today, the rubber game of this three game set. Justin Robleski, who has been fantastic this season. He gets the ball first pitch from Uniclo Field. The Dodger Stadium is coming up at one ten. Over the next sixty minutes here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, you are gonna hear from Blake Snell, fresh off his first start of the season last night. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. A roster move is coming for the Dodgers. We'll hear from the Dodger skipper coming up at about twenty minutes. David Vassay, our Dodger insider, joins us. Throughout the hour, we'll preview this pitching match up, your Dodgers magical moment, latest on the Dodgers injury front. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA, and in just a few minutes we head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth and check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday Well. Last night, Blake Snell made his season debut and for the Snell Zilla three innings, gave up five runs on six hits, well striking out five. He got into trouble in the first inning a leadoff double, I mean it could leadoff single put runners on base. In fact, the first three runners got on base for the Atlanta Braves as they scored a run on the top of the first. Then in the top of the second more from the Atlanta Braves, a one out infield single, then two of the next three batters reached up.
Speaker 4: Came Ozzy Alby's.
Speaker 7: Oh and two chance to get out of the inning. Bases loaded the line to kick the O two pitch swing online drive left field of base hit in the score is white the tail behind him. A two out, two run single on an O two pitch for Ozzy Alby's. It's now three to nothing Bridge and it.
Speaker 8: Was a changeup that was down and away, And for Alby's he went out and just surrounded the ball and that was only about maybe six inches above Alby's ankles.
Speaker 2: Ozzy Alby's golfs won into love for the base hit, two runs scored, and they weren't done. Matt Olsen then a two run single to center as the Braves scored four runs the top of the second off of Blake Snell. As things quickly got away from the Dodger left hander. Dodgers down five to nothing, they were down six to nothing after five innings. The Braves tacked on one more in the eighth of seven to nothing. The Dodgers offense just not able to string together hits until the ninth inning when they got a runner on for Andy pas two to.
Speaker 7: One pitch from Lopez swung on belt at the left in teak. That's Paul heading back at us con a hold on Andy Piez this ninth of the year.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers get.
Speaker 7: The zero off the board, a two run shot for Pies.
Speaker 9: It is seven to two.
Speaker 2: At least the Dodgers a boid getting shut out. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Andy Patz providing the only thump last night for the Dodgers, who just didn't have runners on base to drive in. They stranded only six runners all game. They only had one opportunity with a runner and scoring position, and that came into ninth in the two run home run from Andy Piez, his ninth of the season.
Speaker 4: Pie has now hitting three to thirty three on this season.
Speaker 2: But the top of the lineup Showy O Tany won to hit struck out twice. Freddie Freeman was OH for three, Kyle Tucker oh for two with the strikeout as the Dodgers threw up the white flag late in the game. With some substitutions, Braves win it seven to two as Strider gets to win eight strikeouts over a six shutout Indans Blake Snell gets taged with the loss. He's now zho to one. Dodgers fall to twenty four and fifteen on this season. They split the first two games of this three game series with the Atlanta Braves. Today they hope for the series win with Justin Robleski on the mount on this Mother's Day, first pitch at one ten and with more we head out to the galloping four broadcast booth as we say hello to Tip Neverett and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Tim, and Happy Mother's Day. The Dodgers and the Braves wrap up this three game series after last night's seven to two win and get a five run difference, But it seemed like a lot more than that because the Dodger offense didn't get going until the ninth inning, a double by Alex Call and then a home run by Andy Piez, the only scoring In fact, when Call hit his double last night, Mall he was the only Dodger to get into scoring position the entire game until Piez hit it.
Speaker 9: Out.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Dodgers from an offensive standpoint to not with all the wheels on the track of the present time they hit into another double play. Last night's the last now eight games they have hit into fourteen double plays. That's got the change because it takes them out of an inning in a hurry. And it was kind of a strange night last night because Blake Snell scheduled initially to be still in a minor league rehab start. Well, it turned out to be a major league start here and it just happened to be on Blake snell bobblehead night of all things. Talk about timing.
Speaker 9: Timing was good.
Speaker 7: The changeup that he threw was also pretty good at times, and then other times it wasn't. And the one time that really wasn't was when Ozzie Alby's hit it. He got three of them in a row in the second inning and the bases were loaded, Snell was a pitch away from getting out of the inning, and then all these just poked it for a two run single.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and for Snell and not really on target. Twenty five pitches in the first inning.
Speaker 10: In the first.
Speaker 8: Three innings, he made seventy seven pitches and that was going to the end of his night, so and not what they were hoping to have as far as that goes. It was the night, however, where the bullpen came in and did another good jomb. Well, they gave up a couple of runs, and no question about that. But if you're looking at both of these teams, they ranked very high, not only in team er, but if you look at the bullpen of recent times, both of these bullpens had been pretty much untouchable.
Speaker 7: And a tip of the cap too to Paul Gervais came in ate up three innings at the end and went a season high in terms of innings and pitches, So he saved the bullpen for today. So you look at the bullpen today, you got to figure your vases unavailable, but everybody else should be available.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you hope that Robleski is going to be able to stretch it up far enough you don't have to pend upon the bullpen that much. Giants come in to the ballpark tomorrow night, and for Atlanta they have an off day tomorrow, but the Dodgers will like to make it for Atlanta again. The best record right now at twenty seven and thirteen, but keep in mind the Atlanta Raims have dropped three of the last five games. The Dodgers wild like to make it four of the last six with the victory today.
Speaker 7: And facing Bryce Elder, the right hander who has had one of the lowest eras in Major League Baseball at two zero two. Justin Robluski's is lower at one twenty five. But they've changed up the lineup just a little bit, moving Andy pie Haz up.
Speaker 9: To the third spot.
Speaker 7: Alex Call will get the start, with ta Oscar Hernandez off.
Speaker 8: In a different spot. Also for Max Munsey. Mounsey will beat in the number five spots, So kind of moving things around and you get the feeling, yes with the Will Smith getting the day off, a day game after a night game, and trying to get some guys in and swing the bat. Alex Call has been able to rather tall when he's been called upon. Last night came on, was one for two since coming on as a pinchit or for Kyle Tucker that was in the of the seventh ending, so he gets a chance to kind of stretch his wings in left field. This afternoon. It's a bright, sunshiny day and high fly balls might be very interesting for outfielders.
Speaker 9: Don't forget to call your mother today on this Mother's Day.
Speaker 7: Dodgers twenty four at fifteen, the Braves twenty seven and thirteen. It's the best record the Braves have had through forty games since the two thousand and three season.
Speaker 9: Tim, Let's send it back to you for now.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks a lot, guys, as we cut you down the first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing for lunch on this Mother's Day? Place is crowded right now? What Shaky's Pizza Parlor? Yeah, you can order your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos. Pick it up, go to shakys dot com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Robert.
Speaker 4: We'll check in with David Vats Salo.
Speaker 2: Go one on one with Blake Snell, recap his start last night.
Speaker 4: We'll break down today's pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: But up next, you're O Tani and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you out to first pitch, Dodgers and Braves, Happy Mother's day.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kayson.
Speaker 2: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves on this Mother's Day. Jess Robleski on the mount, first pitch from the ravine coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 9: It turn around for the day game tomorrow, the Mother's Day matinee the ballpark. Here comes the two two swung on line the left.
Speaker 7: That's a base hit, went up and got a high fastball that was on those stripe. Ngan knocks it on the left and the Dodgers have their third hit of the ball game.
Speaker 4: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Otan won for four last night, a couple of strikeouts right in a three game hitting streak. Unfortunately, the Dodgers last night got thumped by the Braves seven to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirston now joins us from the Stateium's Mother's Day brought to you by Cars for Kids.
Speaker 4: The easiest way to get rid of that old car.
Speaker 2: Donate it today and your car could be picked up tomorrow that easy donate now with carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 4: That's Cars with the K the rubber game of this three game series.
Speaker 2: After last night, Keirston kind of feels like the Dodgers looking at Justin Robleski for a guy they need a little length.
Speaker 4: Out of today, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 11: But you know what the good thing is that with Justin Robleski, he really has been a reliable guy. I mean, whether it's taking down length, whether it's being efficient getting ounce, he has truly proven that not only is he a big league pitcher, but that he is having success at the highest level. So, yes, you are right when it comes to stay, they need him to provide length. Just looking at the last three games, the bullpen has taken down a lot of work. They've pitched eighteen in a third third innings, which if you averaged that out, that's about six innings per game. And yes, there were different factors. I mean, obviously, yesterday with Blake Snell three innings, seventy seven pitches, he was on a pitch count limit. The pitch count did get up early, and so that obviously is kind of I think potentially an outlier of a factor. But Ultimately, we just haven't really been seeing the length that we've gotten soil used to from this rotation right now. So the hope is that we can have a game. And then I also just to include Tyler Glass now as an outlier just because of that injury early, but you know, we want to see some length from the starters. The hope is that Justin Robleski today can be that guy, and he has proven that he's that guy, So there is they feel good with him taking the mound, but they've got a little support if need be, from the bullpen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this Dodger's bullpen has been taxed. But this Dodgers' offense up and down, we've seen them score runs in bunches that we've seen him not score at all.
Speaker 4: And so they run into Spencer Strider last night and this series as a whole Heriston.
Speaker 9: He's got that.
Speaker 2: Playoff atmosphere the Dodgers and Braves and certainly two teams that well it's likely going to meet up in October.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really has.
Speaker 11: And I think you know, they're not looking at this series as a measuring stick per se. They have said that it's a good test in certain ways, whether we look at how Game one played out of this series with Emmit Chin, even with how Dave Roberts used the bullpen, I mean going to Will Klein and as well as Kyle Hurt in key situations. Yes, we saw what Will clin dad in October last year. But you know, for Kyle Hurt, who's been battled with injuries like that was a big test for him, and he was able with some traffic on he executed. Even he kind of afterwards and I spoke to him, I said, you know, to be trust in that situation, and what did that mean to you? Did it feel intense? Did this feel like a playoff a potential playoff experience? And he kind of tried to downplay it. He was like, no, it just felt like any other game. And afterwards, I go, so you didn't think this was intense and he goes, Okay, yeah, no, it was intense. It was intense. So you know, it really is whether for the young guys or even just in general. So Dave has made it clear that while this isn't a measure stick for kind of who the Dodgers are, because he knows who they are, They know how much talent they have in this organization. It is, you know, a good test for just some situations and understanding. The Braves are a very talented lineup. Yes they are without one of their stars, but they're putting the ball in play. They've had excellent pitching. Yes, they were able to get to Chris Sale and gave one, but really only on the mistakes and he was still able to get their seven innings of work. And yes, yesterday Spencer Streider was fantastic. You know, obviously he kept the guys off balance. He's had a tougher start to the year coming off of injury, but he was excellent last night. And the guys were saying they kind of just.
Speaker 4: Have to tip their cap.
Speaker 11: But ultimately they do want to see this offense get going again, and they know that they're capable of doing that. So yes, it's a good test. But they know how capable they are and they want to win this series. So they're gonna have to get things going today.
Speaker 2: Got to get it going today, win this series and then continue the home stack here soon.
Speaker 4: We appreciate it. We'll check you out with you after the game.
Speaker 2: Still they come here on Marongo be Causino Dodgers on deck we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vat Day goes one on one on what Blake Snell get his reaction to the last night's first start of the year, but up next to an injury report, and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Mother's Day, first pitch of one ten. I'm Tim Kaysen's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. In ten news is we lead you up to Dodgers and Braves. Happy Mother's Day to all Manger Casino Resort and spat a grand Slam for a good time. Justin Robleski Brice Elder the pitching matchup today, first pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 2: Where's it in my UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now on the IL lower back spasms, brock store Back on the IL left bone spur and when Diaz on the sixty day IL now recovering from elbow sers. Mookie Betts set to join the team tomorrow. He played in two minor league rehab starts in Oklahoma City on Friday and Saturday. Tommy Emmon on the sixty day IL, but he's doing baseball activities. Is starting to hopefully trend in the right direction. Bruce dar GRADEROL and Triple A on a minor league rehab assignment as well. He's pitched in two games at anying and two thirds so far. Keicky Hernandez sixty day IL trending to come back towards the end of May. Let's have back out to the stadium and check in with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Anything else with the questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts.
Speaker 12: With Dave Roberts today. This is a team that you know, Justin's been very efficient in his outings. This is a team that doesn't strike out a whole lot. They put the ball in play. So it's going to be you know, there should be a lot of balls in play and you know, hopefully there's some soft contact and you know, some efficiency to it as far as balls in play early. But this is going to be a good you know, like I said the other day about all of our pictures, it's gonna be a good test for all these guys against this lineup.
Speaker 11: You mentioned that night that you guys lightly can move just so you can be somewhat protect people.
Speaker 12: Cool day.
Speaker 11: Is that still a plan.
Speaker 12: Yeah, we got We're gonna we're gonna bring Mills from Triple A and then we're gonna option Gervaise. So Paul did a great job for us, you know, going through innings and and really gives us a chance to you know, win a couple more games here in the next weeks.
Speaker 1: What can he just kind of tell us about him kind of Yeah.
Speaker 12: We saw we saw Mills in spring training a little bit. He's a right hander, kind of a side armed guy, and you know, really good against right But he's been he's really performed here in Triple A for us, So it'll be good and perform the best out of all those guys down.
Speaker 9: There with the justin like a coowogies of activism. What is allowed just or what has he done.
Speaker 1: To be able to generate the kind of soft contact that he has just.
Speaker 4: In the way he's either see what's saying or locating.
Speaker 9: Or what's kind of allowed to do that.
Speaker 12: I think it's a it's a it's a it's a different type of throw. I think that that's part of it. I think that, you know, he has a good, good enough command. He sequenced as well with the couple with a hand for you know, three or four different pitches. I think he's just done a good job of attacking and not giving hitters a lot of looks in and at bat, and so the familiarity is just not there, and that just goes with being you know, aggressive in the hitting zone.
Speaker 11: Do you have the chance to talk to Lukie and see how he's gonna come out of these two games?
Speaker 12: I have, and so he should be here today at some point for the game, and then I expecting the lineup tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts down at the dugout talking about the moves the Dodgers making with their arms and certainly what the Dodger roster looks like today and the lineup looks like today on this Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: When we continue here on Dodgers.
Speaker 2: On Deck, we'll check you with the David mad sayings we leads up to first Bitch Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 4: Happy Day.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Braves on this Sunday, Happy Mother's Day, Justin Robleski, Bryce Elder. The pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by al Poto, Born in La and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table. El Poto Gormee in a can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV all that talk about who's gonna be out of the rotation once Blake Snell comes back, Well, it figured itself out because of injuries. But now we look ahead to tomorrow. Mookie Bett scheduled to come off.
Speaker 4: The angelist. Who's the hot man out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been serving some of the broadcasters here about who they believe maybe in or out. And look, I'll just say this, none of us know which direction the Dodgers are going to go in when it pertains to whether or not it's Freeland or.
Speaker 10: Hayesan Kim.
Speaker 5: But has anything really changed or really separated one from the other. I'm not sure I've seen that. Maybe the Dodgers have. But it's if you had to choose between one of those two guys, that is the decision the Dodgers are going to have to make again, like they had to make when they made their opening day roster. The only wildcard to all this tim is the fact that Miguel Rojas has been receiving treatment the last two days for a left hip issue that he suffered in the first game of this series. If you remember, he was pinched hit for it in the eighth inning and he said he had a dead leg sensation going down his hip to his feet that night or his foot that night on his left side. So he did not go on the injury list all of last year. But he is thirty seven years old, and the Dodgers obviously play things very conservatively, so I would say, you know, just like in the case of Robleski, Sheen and Roki with Tyler Glassnett going on the injured list, the only wild card would be is whether or not the Dodgers feel like Rojas needs ten days to try to get this hip issue under control, and that would make the decision a little bit.
Speaker 4: Easier, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Damn it is brought to a boy the Fort and Maverick motor trends in the North American Truck of the Year, The Fort and Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per doawn at the best MSRP. If it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Goody or Southern California four dealers today. Max Munsey his defense at third base looking pretty good nowadays.
Speaker 10: dB.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember he came into spring training eighteen pounds lighter, and a lot of people just think about the offense and not really about the effects of that on the defense. And a lot of people around the team believe him coming in lighter has helped make him a better defender at third base.
Speaker 9: And here's something you know.
Speaker 5: You can look at all the analytics, look at all the numbers you watch the games you see how well he's playing there. But the analytics support the fact that our eyes are seeing a much better Max Muncy and he is in the top five of all third basemen this year as far as defensive runs safe. So it's translating into the numbers as well as what we're watching with our eyes on the field.
Speaker 4: Dave Real quick, No, ta Oscar Hernandez in the line of today, Alex Call gets the start.
Speaker 5: It's a you know, Alex Calls playing better than Taoscar Hernandez right now, and Taoscar Hernandez does not have a home run against a left handed pitcher. Alex Call is hitting five hundred against left handed pitching. He's six for twelve. He doesn't have a home run either, But Taoscar Hernandez is only hitting two thirty three against lefties, and Alex Call is just taking better at bats and getting on base and making the opponent's work, whether it's a lefty or a righty. So it makes sense the day game after a night game to have Alex Call in there.
Speaker 2: All right, DV great stuff will check back you with you in just a little bit. Dan's gonna go one on one with Blake Snell get his reaction to his first start back off the injured list. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes, So don't go anywhere Up next out, we'll get you your Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Braves on this Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Braves on this Mother's Day. Jester Robleski, Bryce Elder. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one ten.
Speaker 5: Dog who wants a hot cut?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Haffy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs. Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers wrapping up this series against the Atlanta Braves, who go back to May fourth, twenty twenty four. Dodgers taken on the Braves, a night in which Max Mounsey hit not one, not two, but three home runs.
Speaker 9: I don't think it'll be a fanci ball. If it is, I think it'll be in on his hands.
Speaker 7: One two off speed pitches hit well and left in deep Calnick back to the track, Kelnick.
Speaker 1: To the wall.
Speaker 9: It's done.
Speaker 10: A half trick for Monsey, a three.
Speaker 9: Home run night.
Speaker 5: Honey, you like that boy?
Speaker 9: Max is swinging it.
Speaker 5: It's eleven to two.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Max Mounsey with his first career three home run night and a blowout when this Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hafey hot Dogs, Haffey so cost, local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffy hot Dogs, Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Charlie Steiner to lead you up to Dodgers and Braves on this beautiful Sunday afternoon. Happy Mother's Day, everybody. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there and Dodgers and Braves. Wrap it up this three games set. Justin Robleski Brice Elder the pitching matchup. Time now for the Verizon startup. As we are thirty three minutes away from the start of the game. Now Verizon. You can lock in that low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Calvarison store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 3: All right, Joe, it's a rubber game at the three game series the Dodgers and the Braves. The Braves seven to two winners last night. Even so, the Dodgers twenty four point fifteen first in the National League West, a game in front of the andres or hosting the Cardinals today, and the Braids are twenty seven and thirteen first place in the National League East by a hafty nine.
Speaker 9: Games over the Nationals. Last night.
Speaker 3: Well, Blake Snell was supposed to be up until about a week or so ago at Ontario pitching last night. However, it was a Dodger stadium and he was kind of cuffed around a bit, some of his own doing and some he just didn't get a whole lot of help behind him.
Speaker 8: No, there were some good points. I thought the change up was well ahead of what we had heard that we had also heard that he said, hey, and maybe need one more start at the minor league Lemolin and rehab to work on the change up.
Speaker 1: And at the change up.
Speaker 8: Came out very very strongly. A couple of strikeouts in that very first inning, one run was scored. The Dodgers did not play particularly well. They did not hit the ball very well at all. In fact, just one opportunity with a runner in scoring position and they had a base hit on that one. But in this series, the first two games, the Dodgers runners in scoring position Charlie are just two for sick. Meanwhile, with opportunities for Atlanta they are five for twenty three. They have far outweighed opportunities to score runs.
Speaker 3: And you got typically a cap to Spencer Strider, who is on his way back and he was pitching last night like he was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and Lord of the Era. We talked about Snyder in the really in the pregame show before the game. The last couple of years, you know, he's had almost fifty percent swings and misses of his pitches that he throws. In particular last night, that change up was devastating, along with a slider too. But yeah, the Braves are a multifaceted team because they can beat you in so many different ways, and very similar to the Dodgers, the Braves bullpen has stood very tall the Dodgers last seven eight games. Their bullpen has been absolutely scintillating, and they had been able to pitch the way out of some spots, especially with the Dodgers not particularly scoring a lot of runs.
Speaker 1: No, they're not.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what do you take a look at the Dodgers at the moment. Pie has a couple of hits last night, a home run, his thirteenth multi hit game of the year, three p fifty over his last ten. However, Braddy Freeman isn't a funk, so is tail Will Smith. So they're not getting a bang for the buck out of the middle of the lineup.
Speaker 9: No, they're not.
Speaker 8: Oddly enough, you look at these two teams in this series, the Braves with the overall their era and able to score a lot of runs. In fact, they averaged more runs per game than any other team in baseball. The Dodgers were fifth coming into last night, but a lot of that is over the first month, month and a half of the season. You have two teams that hit home runs, you have two teams that have high batting average. Dodgers started this series first and the Atlanta Brays were second in that category, and they're also second and third in era, Dodgers number two, Atlanta Braids number three. So is this maybe looking into a window of what may be ahead in postseason, maybe the first round or for the Nation League Championships. A lot of water has to come under the bridge with two very good teams here.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, But O'tani continues to struggle, one thirty eight in his last nine games. Freddy Freeman, this time a year ago, he was hitting three seventy one coming into the game. Today he's hitting two seventy two. And Will Smith he is struggling. I've been playing today, and so the Dodgers looking to get some balance out of their offense. But the pitching has been great. Justin Robleski gone today five and oh a bucket a quarter era, struck out only fifteen, but a one to twenty five era, and Price Elder going for the Braves three and one. He's got an RAF two to two and he's struck out forty five.
Speaker 8: Well, Charlie, if you look at Robleskin, you know, was he going to be a stopgap when he was put into the rotation for a while.
Speaker 1: Well he's been more than that.
Speaker 8: He's won all five starts since moving into the rotation back on the sixth of April, and he's allowed just two runs in the last thirty two innings in those five starts. I'll do the math for you very quickly. That's a zero point five to six e ra. He has been, to say the least, a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 3: All right, So it's going to be Elder and Robleski the rubber game of the three game series. After the game today, the Dodgers await the woeful Giants for a four game series beginning to Borrow night at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. You are going to get the keys to the game. Will dive deeper into this pitchy matchup with Justin Robleski.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get a six win of this season.
Speaker 2: But up next to go high and tied with Blake snow fresh off his first start of this season.
Speaker 4: How's he feeling today? Where do you think of his outing?
Speaker 2: We'll hear from snell Zella next Dodgers and Braves, Happy Mother's Day. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back Wilsara champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying this, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves on this Sunday, Happy Mother's Day. Justin Robleski, Bryce Elder. The pitching matchup, first pitch coming up at one TED Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 4: When it's game day, it's group day and Shaky's dot.
Speaker 6: Com David and now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 6: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: It's Mother's Day at Dodgers Stadium. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. And a man that values mother's his wife. His mom is the man, the legend himself, the great snell Zilla, two time two time Cy Young Award winner. Back on the mound last night, Blake, thanks a lot for the time, appreciated, Thanks for the insho Hanak Catter's Day and our guy r jpe one of the best club he's in that clubhouse. Obviously, his mom, Holly Robinson Pete, a big listener, big Dodger fan.
Speaker 10: You want to give your mom a shout out.
Speaker 6: R J.
Speaker 10: Happy Mother's Day.
Speaker 12: Mom.
Speaker 10: I'm over here with Blake Snell right now.
Speaker 5: You know, I just want to wish you the best and I'm always gonna be there for.
Speaker 10: You no matter what.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 9: How about that.
Speaker 10: That's a guy that loves his mom.
Speaker 13: Loves his mom.
Speaker 5: Hey, last night, it was great to see you back out on the mound. I know you wanted to pitch longer in the game, but how did it feel to be back out there?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I felt great.
Speaker 13: Lots to learn, but I'll clean it up quickly, and yeah, get back to where I need to be. I feel great, body feels great, We're covering great.
Speaker 10: Really like where I'm at.
Speaker 13: So obviously, you know, giving up five runs is not the goal, and that's annoying, but the best part is we have, you know, something to learn from. We see how we gave up those runs, we adjust, we get better, and then going into the next one, you know, we see how much work we put in and if we're getting better.
Speaker 5: And I was surprised after the game last night how candid you you were about the changes you made to try to limit inflammation, to be a better eater, a better sleeper all that.
Speaker 4: You really you really.
Speaker 10: Opened up after the game last night.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean I put a lot of work in. So yeah, I'm just I want to play. I want that to be very apparent.
Speaker 10: I want to be on the field, and.
Speaker 13: Yes, this is what I love to do. So I'm gonna try to do everything I can to make sure I make the most of it.
Speaker 5: I love seeing the smile, the vibe is great. That is a great sign that this is only going to the next level moving forward. I want that change up in curveball more next start.
Speaker 13: I need the fastball more. I think the fastball sets it all up. So the fastball didn't get hit. Everything else kind of got broken that hit. But yeah, well we'll learn. We're gonna get a lot better. I think my next one's Friday and say, Angels, this is what I think. I don't know yet, but yeah, I gotta get ready for them. A lot of guys are are having good years there, so a lot to learn, and yeah, just get better in the zone. Understand the zone is a little smaller this year now I've been watching it, but I thought.
Speaker 10: It was the same.
Speaker 13: But being out there is a completely different thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard you say that after the game as well the ABS. That's something we didn't really take into account. How different was it pitching last night with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: It was weird. I mean, I think about it.
Speaker 13: I went from twenty sixteen where the zone was a real strike zone, like an actual strike zone chest to knees, you know, and you had well a room on the outside part of the plate, inside part of the plate. So now the top of the strike zone is below the belt, so you just cut off a foot of zone and then the bottom of the zone is knees, which it's always been. But even that is a little high, I still think. And then there's no east to west. It has to be on the plate. So yeah, it's to me, I'm not a fan of it because I understand what the league's trying to do, but I can't do nothing about I gotta throw in the zone and attack and you know, be the best I can be. But I think there needs to be something that favors the pictures. Next, if they do another move, it has to favor the pictures because everything they've done is to favorite hitters.
Speaker 10: Speed us up with our warm up time.
Speaker 13: You know, you can barely get eight pitches if you're rushing through it, and then you got a pitch you only got fifteen seconds. That is, it depends on hitter pitcher, but it's still I think it's still favors hit her. And then now the zone is just it's the abs to shrink the zone because now they're getting the umps, get called out more, and so it's a whole thing. But something has to favor the picture. Everything I think they've done is the favorite hitter.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they need no secrets about that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So it's like, can we favorite the picture because they keep saying, well, the pictures.
Speaker 10: Are getting better, Well, why do we get penalized for that makes sense?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Chicks dig the lung ball, that's why. Yeah, Well.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna get it off snail Zilla. I'll tell you that right now. None of those home runs are gonna be coming off snail Zilla. And your hitters were saying in spring training that they were trying to learn the bottom of the zone.
Speaker 10: Was that something that you were unsure of last night?
Speaker 13: I mean, I thought I was hitting the outside part of the plate and I was just off. Some of them hit like they clip, but he's calling them balls. So it's like you're looking at that and you're just like, man like, so you're gonna give me no part of the zone. You're not gonna give anything that clips when it's a strike, like, if you're gonna if the zone's gonna be that small, like, there has to be some give and take. I want like them to go whoever thought of this great idea of making the strike zone that small? I want them to go out there and throw against big league hitters. The zone is tiny, and think about it. I don't hear hitters ever complain anymore. No, they're not complaining at all, never complaining because they realize the zone is tiny.
Speaker 5: Well that's another learn the curve for you for the next start. Thanks now, you're the man. Great to have you on snell Zilla's Sunday Mother's Day edition and snell Zilla will receive a gift card to Javier's. Take your Mom to Javier's. It's Mother's Day every day.
Speaker 13: Hey, Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.
Speaker 10: We love y'all.
Speaker 5: We'll leave it right there, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Blake Sonew some interesting insight there on a pitcher coming back from injury and the changes to baseball this year with the strikes on on the abs.
Speaker 4: As we lead, you have to first pitch Dodgers and Braves on this Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitchy matchup, the series finale from the ravine. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Never work well.
Speaker 6: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Braves on this Sunday afternoon. First pitch from Uniclo Fieldger Stadium is coming up at one ten and.
Speaker 6: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 2: Bryce Elder on the man three and one with a two to two Erora a twenty six year old right hander is a former fifth round pick in twenty twenty out of Texas. Fifth season now in the Big League. He's a big guy. Fastball, sinker, slider, change up, curveball, throw it all at you, and he throws hard. Making his ninth start this season. He's pitched into the sixth inning in seven of his eight start this year. Pretty reliable. Last time out six innings, two runs, twelve hits, nine strikeouts against the Seattle Mariners. It's his sixth career appearance and start against the Dodgers. He faced him twice last year, going one to zero with a five ERA over two outings. He earned his lone career win against the Dodgers on May fourth last year Dodger Stadium, allowing two runs on over five innings and striking out six and eight four to three braves win Justin Robleski on the mound for the Dodgers. He has been fantastic. The twenty five year old left hander in his second season in the Big league's fastball, slider, a curveball. He's done it all. He's been a starter, he's been an opener, he's been a pulkinting guy. He's been a reliever. High leverage reliever. Now is the starter. Fantastic really burst onto the scene last October. Pitched five shutout innings across Games one, three, six, and seven of the World Series, allowing just four hits and striking out six. He's five and oh with a one twenty five rray in five starts this year. He did come out of the bullpen once in five starts, five and oh with a sub one ERRA and is riding a streak of eighteen scoreless innings. Last time out six scoreless against the Saint Louis Cardinals, six hits, he allowed zero strikeouts, but he got the win. Got a lot of contact, a lot of defense behind them. Today is the first time ever Justin Robleski is facing the Atlanta Braves. Justin Robleski, Bryce Elder the pitchy matchup, the rubber game of this three game series between the Dodgers and the Braves. Homestead continues tomorrow with the first of four against the San Francisco Giants. But first things first, take care of business against Atlanta are the best teams in baseball. As we are fifteen minutes away from the first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season log.
Speaker 2: He's the Dodgers and the Atlanta Braves on this Mother's Day. Justin Robleski looking for his sixth win of this season. Bryce Elder on the mound for Atlanta. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with the Bridy Crispin refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers.
Speaker 4: Soporo, Goodwiz Sushi, great with Baseball.
Speaker 2: Before first pitch, we head back go to the guys calling the game today, Tim Never and Rick Monday.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much. Tim.
Speaker 7: Getting ready for this one here at Dodgers Stadium, final game of his three game set Dodgers and Braves.
Speaker 9: Very good pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Bryce Elder the right hander three and one two zero two his earned run average Justin Robleski five and zero era won in a quarter. He's yet to give up a home run this year. The lefty has been sensational.
Speaker 8: Well He's been great since he moved into starting rotation in the sixth of April. He's won all five starts and a lot of just two runs over thirty two innings of work in those five games. And don't sell Elder short either. He turns twenty seven years of age next month, but after struggling in twenty four and twenty five, he has really turned things around and ERA barely above two. So the Dodgers have to put their working hands on tonight and have better at bats more consistently than what they've done over the last number of games.
Speaker 7: Elder coming off of season best nine strikeouts over Seattle in his last outing. He worked with Hall of Famer Greg maddox on developing a cutter in the offseason. He's been throwing it to lefties. It's been very very effective for Bryce Elder. So Elder and Robluski the pitching matchup as we get set for the rubber game of this three game series.
Speaker 2: Tim all Right Dodgers going the action today against the Atlanta Braves with a one game lead over the San Diego Padres. Dodgers twenty four and fifteen Padres twenty three and sixteen, one game back in the division, so we'll keep an eye on what it's happening with the Padres there and action against the Saint Louis Cardinals coming up later on this afternoon. After today, Dodgers back at it tomorrow for the first of four against the San Francisco Giants, who are bringing up the rear in the NL West at fifteen and twenty four. But first thing's first, take care of business, get this series win over the Atlanta Braves. Justin Robleski takes the mount when we come back, and enjoined everybody. Happy Mother's Day. I'm Tim Keates's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network