Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on a Monday.
Speaker 2: Really thrown off by the time change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll do it a little bit.
Speaker 4: I forgot all about the time change yesterday.
Speaker 1: For a while.
Speaker 2: I did not when I was up, I mean bright eyed and bushy tailed at four thirty in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like I didn't get much sleep for most of the weekend. And then when I did finally the morning that the time change, for some reason, I was just like, I feel more rested than normal.
Speaker 3: And and all.
Speaker 4: I had, like again in the house, all that I had was one thing that wasn't automatically set, so I barely even notice. But it is like it is getting dark real early, all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden, lights so early as well, you're feeling productive kind of if you're with me, this is.
Speaker 4: Yen versus yang here, because I'm not ever going to see that side of the sunshine, you know, like that this is this is where people go, well, we should stay with this all the time, or we should stay with this all the time. I'm not planning on seeing the sun at five o'clock in the morning, so it's never gonna impact me.
Speaker 1: I will by the sun later on the day. I will see it there, So that's you know, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't wake up a little bit earlier on your own because of it.
Speaker 4: No, basically wake up at the same time every day like a like a machine.
Speaker 3: Just click click, click click.
Speaker 1: Your biological clock just set itself like your phone did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kind of, it's very similar. We have so many things to talk about. In about an hour on the show, we're gonna do a recap of the roast, which was just wild.
Speaker 3: It was such a fun time. Wait get it.
Speaker 4: Wait for you guys to be able to see the video special that we recorded when the roast went down and tell you a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that happened, because man, what a blast. But let's get started, as we always do. Let's kick off the week. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers in the pulse, let's see what's happening to this great, big, wide world of ours.
Speaker 3: We go to Arizona.
Speaker 4: Everybody known for their iced tea, and now they're judges. This is a judge, well formerly a judge, and you're about to find out why. Somebody sent this through to tips at the news Junkie dot com and I snagged the video for This Morning.
Speaker 3: This judge was urinating in public.
Speaker 1: When a police officer walked up to her and hurt Yeah. Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When you hear urinating in public, do you think man or woman?
Speaker 2: Man man all the time. It's much easier for you guys if it came down to urinating in public. It's there's a position certain articles of clothing unless you have one of those go girl funnels.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: I think I used to feel this way, but I've seen so many videos of women a night out on the town just squatting between cars I have.
Speaker 3: There's like there's a lot of that out there.
Speaker 4: Ladies, I think have increased the amount of outside or nation attempts.
Speaker 1: That's not the way.
Speaker 2: I imagine breaking the glass ceiling, but let's.
Speaker 3: Go with it counts nonetheless.
Speaker 4: So here we go, the police officer walking up upon a judge, this woman who is peeing a public.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: She's over squatting, peeing, and the officer goes, what are you doing? And she starts to like pull up her underwear and try to hide it and sit on the bench and.
Speaker 2: We're telling off the bench. I thought it was a bike rack.
Speaker 3: Either way.
Speaker 2: That was the worst lip place that she could have done this act.
Speaker 4: I think that she's on like a bench on the side of a road here in Arizona, and he goes, you do it?
Speaker 1: How are you, Paul, Why what are you doing? This is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Okay, throwing out the bedside manor this is disgusting.
Speaker 3: You're peeing in public?
Speaker 1: What are you doing right now, ma'am?
Speaker 4: And he has no idea that she's a judge right now, like he does have judge radar. He's just walking up to a woman peeing by a bench.
Speaker 6: Jo.
Speaker 2: I don't want the information, but you know, the question does pop up if she is like full midstream, Yeah, was she done? That is a very particular type of muscle you got to use in.
Speaker 3: Order to set off better than we could.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can, but it depends how many kids, how she had, how old is she?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you surprised.
Speaker 2: By a cop. That could have been you know, extra pressure.
Speaker 4: I also know it's one thirty seven in the morning and they're in a lot of cars out here with the judges. She's kind of all by herself, so she might have had a wild night.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is she said, can we start over.
Speaker 4: Ma'am, I don't know how, like, how do you reboot this interaction in a way that's really going to work out your favor? But I believe she said I'll go back. I think she said, can we start over?
Speaker 1: This is disgusting. Okay, this is unacceptable. Where's your idea? Yeah? Are you your husband? Okay? For me? Yeah you can because I'm conducting an investigation because I just saw her puking and urinating, exposing herself to that ghost. Nope, that wasn't hair, that was hair. Nope. God, you know, when everybody fought for.
Speaker 4: The body cams, I was saying, this is genius. This is genius because we're to see so many things that we didn't see before.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be good for the good cops, bad for the bad cops.
Speaker 4: Boy do I love it. I think it's just great. I think it's a great expenditure for the taxpayers, these body cams. But people like the husband here, he's like, Nope, it wasn't my wife, wasn't her buddy?
Speaker 1: We got it on.
Speaker 2: Hey, hups, can you take off the blazer and maybe cover her up if it was that desperate of a situation.
Speaker 1: Also, we're are the several people that she has now exposed herself.
Speaker 2: To the other side. Outside of the body.
Speaker 1: Camp there there is a vehicle, there's a yellow cab Christmas.
Speaker 3: There's a yellow cab that has lights on here.
Speaker 4: Otherwise there's not many people around this judge who was just like peeing on the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can go by the cab where you can continue to interfere with the investigation. Come on bed, last chance, go over to the cab.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, he said, you're you think, wait, why is he being the thing?
Speaker 1: Because he won't get you on the ground if you resist. I gave you several chances, and you don't want to listen to cuffing in resistance.
Speaker 3: This was so avoidable.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I would have called that several chances, but he also he gave the chances. The guy is definitely resisting the cop one thousand percent. He's twisting his arms around. He's not he's not cooperating with him.
Speaker 2: Three cops there, so are they like all on patrol or has she been peeing long enough that someone put in a nine move one call and then all units since earlier.
Speaker 3: Because I know this could be a little confusing.
Speaker 4: I think when this first started it was thirty seven after so it's been almost ten minutes, all right, yeah, or or actually this is this is three minutes in here when they started to cuff them. There's been a little bit of time, and I think backup has arrived. I don't know if they did that because she's a woman and he's a man, and they wanted.
Speaker 1: Because a female cop is there too, But he's resisting.
Speaker 3: Ill with the judge at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm not we're fighting. I'm not fighting.
Speaker 3: I'm not fighting.
Speaker 4: There he goes, They got him and cuffs. She ends up adding in trouble and the story explodes.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend.
Speaker 4: It says Superior Court judge allegedly urinates near courthouse. Oh this was the original story. Like I guess, it was not far from the courthouse.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what led us to all of this. This was in Arizona, as I said, says Superior Court judge abruptly resigned after Nancy with us pie Yava yavapi, yavapi ya yava pie, you have a pain.
Speaker 4: See if you can find out how to say it. Why a vapai? I'm saying yav Vapai Yavapai. I'm saying your Vapai County is my guest. Did not initially release details on what led up to the investigation. It was about one thirty am. She was a judge and it was right on the same block as the courthouse.
Speaker 3: The officer after what she was doing.
Speaker 2: And she said county, yeah, Pie county Yava, Pie County.
Speaker 4: All right, they said the officer after what she was doing. She said, I'm waiting uber and she was peeing at the time.
Speaker 3: Got involved.
Speaker 4: And the judge's husband is also on the part or is also the parks and rec manager for the town.
Speaker 1: It's a regular, so she's kind of on his territory. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The judge's husband, Jason Olsen, is the parks and recreation manager for the town of Chino Valley. It's a Chino Valley, isn't a police said Olsen did not listen to instructions of back a way as he was being detained. He resisted arrest and the rest is in the video there. But she has now stepped down from being a judge as a result of public urination. Pretty embarrassing overall, and this is why you pe inside.
Speaker 1: It's probably the best move for you. What do you thing?
Speaker 3: I don't think you.
Speaker 2: Get she was just sitting and peeing into her own pants.
Speaker 3: You're fine.
Speaker 2: Would not have been this result.
Speaker 3: You're fine.
Speaker 1: It's not an exposure charge. Operating might suffer a little bit.
Speaker 4: But I wonder if Celane will I'll have a point here and saying, if you charge me with exposure and I proved that there was nobody else there, only the police officer who pulled up as I was peeing, is that still exposure.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're supposed to expose yourself to a police officer.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 4: That's bad precedent to say. If it's like, if it's okay to expose yourself but only to a police officer, we're gonna have a lot of dangling going on for the five zero, which is not gonna be a good time for that.
Speaker 1: Imagine the iyrols on every cop who just had to see pans all the time?
Speaker 3: How many today, Bob fourteen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of them for me, Just a lot of them for me. So yeah, check that out. I'll put it up as a matter of fact, Hang on, me bring this back, so I'll put it up over on see it now during the break where this judge got cut peeing in public. We're going to talk in less than an hour now about the big Roast event that went down this weekend, thanks to all of.
Speaker 1: You that showed up. Was a complete fiasco that.
Speaker 3: Was really, really, really funny.
Speaker 4: And details on that, as I said, coming up at the top of the hour, but I wanted to talk about a couple of things real quickly here in the sports world, and we'll get into some more after the break.
Speaker 1: Believe it or not, Big Sports.
Speaker 3: Time in the first hour of the show, relations to the.
Speaker 1: Los Angeles Dodgers fall time.
Speaker 4: I knew they could do it. I said they could do it, and there they did it. It was pretty damn impressive America. The Los Angeles Dodgers ended up winning the World Series, which is back to back I think for them back to back wins.
Speaker 3: Did you see the Dodgers some.
Speaker 1: Of the videos of like the the dads on Halloween taking their kids around trick or treating, but also like bringing full screen TVs and a.
Speaker 3: Wagon so they watch the game.
Speaker 1: They watched the last game of the was that the last game on Friday?
Speaker 2: Was it for I feel like if Toronto had won, then maybe it would have been another one.
Speaker 1: Oh never mind, Yeah, yeah, Toronto had won that won the previous game, and then the Dodgers brought it home. Canada can't catch a break, man, Canada, you can't even catch a break.
Speaker 3: They wanted some win up.
Speaker 4: There in the Great White North, and the Snowbacks lost again. Unfortunately for them, they getting up another l column Saturday night was the game.
Speaker 2: Seven, and Canada has weird rules that if their athletes come back with the loss, they murder them.
Speaker 3: Probably no, it seems too peaceful.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I do know that they took it hard and the folks in Los Angeles couldn't have been more happy. They're already this morning up and in the early morning LA hours, crowding the streets, getting ready for a huge like parade, victory all of that stuff. They're starting at eleven am their time, which is two pm on the East Coast. I guess, and fans had already showed up at two am in Los Angeles two am this morning, waiting for this victory parade to start so they could get a glimpse at the World Series champion, a Dodgers team, which good for you, guys. Man, congratulations. It's really something else and I hope.
Speaker 1: You guys have a great day today.
Speaker 3: Grease them polls. Get those polls all greased up and.
Speaker 4: Ready to go, because I don't know exactly what's gonna happen, but it's going to be an interesting day in Los Angeles, so we'll watch that too. If anything crazy happens, we'll bring it to you when we come back. We have to talk about something else, something else in the world of sports, and then we'll get pass sports. But there was something this weekend that so grabbed my attention that I think it stunlocked me here today.
Speaker 1: It's got me holy focused on. I can't think of.
Speaker 4: Anything else today because of something one thing that happened in the world of sports, and I just can't move on with the show until I share this with you guys, So we'll do that.
Speaker 1: It's coming up next in the news junk Key.
Speaker 4: You can join us on the show today as always by sending a dispatch record yours now over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Everybody during the break was trying to guess what's the sports moment. Sean is gonna talk about, what's the viral moment that he said, has just like stun locked him and he's been thinking about and he just can't stop thinking about this event that went down. Even Celane was putting in some guesses and Ceilian goes, is it the kicker that broke the record? And I gotta tell you that was amazing. I mean just astonishing. The guy kicked like almost seventy yards. Pretty we're not that far away from like you just get the ball the first possession.
Speaker 3: And then you just kick it.
Speaker 1: Because well, the big the reason I brought up Cam Little was because we talked about on the show, probably early September, maybe mid to late August, about the fact that during one of the preseason games, Cam Little did kick a seventy year old a seven year old son of a big arrest. This man Cam Little did kick a seventy yard field goal, but it just doesn't count as a record because it's in the preseason. It's like, well, he still physically did the thing. He should be, you know, applauded for it, but it's just like somehow doesn't go down in the in the in the history books because they only count regular season football for some of these records.
Speaker 3: You know, the crazy things he layed.
Speaker 4: Is it seemed like he could have had more, like he could have he could have gone even further than that. I mean, the kickers are just it's it's getting crazy how good they are getting.
Speaker 3: And I'm only halfway kidding when.
Speaker 4: I say, eventually you'll get the ball work a couple of plays down the field and you'd be like, all right, field goal, all right, field goal.
Speaker 3: Punters are gone.
Speaker 4: For punters, your job is as dangerous as endangered as it like anybody from AI. Okay, that's how endangered your job is that you're going to be replaced simply by the field goal kickers.
Speaker 3: That's what we're looking at here.
Speaker 2: Be honest, but both were the same doing the kicking, could do both.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think they do. I think the punter is a specific person, right.
Speaker 1: I believe I might be out of my sports step here once more. But here we go, here we go sixty eight yards away. It's up there, it's.
Speaker 3: Up there, and it's hard. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 4: I almost wanted him to have the two extra yards just so you could say seventy yes, just like say, because from my limited football knowledge, I remember watching so many games and so many friends over the years, and when somebody would hit a let's say, a fifty plus yard field goal, he'd be like, Wow, you see that guy hit a fifty four yarder, fifty five yarder.
Speaker 3: Seventy yards.
Speaker 4: So for those of you who know sports even less than me, that's astonishing.
Speaker 3: That's really really impressive.
Speaker 1: But that's fantasy. They like rate your field goal, like the points you get for the field goal, I think are based on the amount of yards you kick it read. I think that was like a six pointer. I think I might be wrong on this. Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean, that wasn't it though.
Speaker 4: That wasn't the thing that really unlocked me and grabbed my attention over the weekend.
Speaker 3: It would not let it go.
Speaker 4: It wasn't as many people suggested the controversy in NASCAR. In fact, I didn't even know what the controversy in NASCAR was. I know that Sydney Sweeney was at the NASCAR race because I saw some photos.
Speaker 3: I know that one of the famous.
Speaker 4: The NBAMWNBA players, the blonde one, was at not not Caitlin Clark, but like her pal was at the NASCAR race.
Speaker 1: And I don't know anything else about the NASCAR race.
Speaker 3: Some people said there was some controversy there. No, that wasn't it.
Speaker 4: The thing that I don't know why, but nobody is talking about this yet there was another kicker. There was another kicker in the world of college football. Oh all right, I'm just going to show you the picture. You'll know immediately what I'm talking about. I'm going to show you this for the folks on the stream, all.
Speaker 2: Right, there's yeah, I don't say anything. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 4: Why isn't this the story of the day. There's a kicker for Oklahoma. I don't know you could dress like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, now till how many arts you just kicked? I bet it's a difference.
Speaker 1: The kicker is wearing the shortest shorts I've ever seen in any sport ever, I.
Speaker 2: Think, Okay, it's right above the knee. These are lesbian shorts.
Speaker 1: What is your definition of right above? If this is right above the knee, this.
Speaker 2: Is those are I mean? He could have you've seen short shorts on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a football field.
Speaker 2: Yes, the start very short as far as football universe is.
Speaker 3: Just just say, you know, his knee is here, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Where you see I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: His knee is down here and it is barely past his crotch where he's got these shorts on.
Speaker 3: I've never seen anything like it before.
Speaker 4: I've never seen anything like it in the world of sports before. And listen to the broadcasters, because I think they felt the same way listening to this.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: The volunteers know he's got is a short shorts on.
Speaker 3: I guess that's no longer frowned upon from the sport. I guess then, yeah, yeah, they do not seem with it.
Speaker 2: By the way careers have made their way onto the NFL field there they are like, why what's going on?
Speaker 3: And it has nothing to do with anything other than this just doesn't fit. It doesn't work it, but.
Speaker 2: Does it help when it comes to the kicking. Imagine how much more rain do you have without cloth on your knee.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't even know if he made this.
Speaker 4: It's a fifty one yard attempt, which should be easy compared to what the other guy man.
Speaker 1: Ever seen in a football field. That should be peel. That should be a penalty. Just just just dressing like that should be a penalty.
Speaker 4: Just dressing like that should be a penalty.
Speaker 1: He said, well, why are you pro short shorts in football?
Speaker 2: I am pro whenever you want to wear, as long as my team wins. What is that?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't even know.
Speaker 2: If he makes it, his testicals aren't hanging out. He's fine.
Speaker 1: Nobody looks like a goon. He looks stupid out there. It looks ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I really know what they're doing. Uh, you know on the field, the playing, the athleticism, not what they're wearing. What's all fashion show.
Speaker 4: It's all part of the same thing. There's uniforms for a reason, right, you know what I mean? Like everybody has to follow a certain set of rules. I literally didn't think they could do this. I did not think that they were able to wear shorts like this. They're probably if you put his hands by his side, like you wouldn't be able to wear these in a Catholic school. Like that's that's how short these are.
Speaker 1: Hell Is shorts. It's another fifty plus.
Speaker 3: This is from fifty one.
Speaker 1: You're gonna make the lead and this is the most important part all this. The rest of it is he's gonna shut him up right here. He's got to bang the kick. Come on, send no short shorts, but not short on distance.
Speaker 3: Oh you got it nice there regardless, look at that. My god. I don't know if the team won, but he did get that kick.
Speaker 4: They said, he's got his Daisy dukes on and he puts it right down the middle. I've never seen anything like that before, though, I'll put that up on see it now during the break as well.
Speaker 1: They gotta put that way to clip them. Actually be quite hilarious if you heard that from the crowd. He's getting ready to do his kick and just be.
Speaker 3: Like, got up a feel go.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're on something like Doc Waite is not going to be the only player. He's just starting the trend.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I thought immediately, And I don't know if there's anything to this.
Speaker 3: Tell me if you think this is totally wrong.
Speaker 4: But when I see somebody wearing a uniform like this, I think, isn't he more likely to get hurt, like to get you know, cut up and stuff if he gets tackled out there.
Speaker 1: I don't know the way place kickers see that amount of action usually, well, when they do, it's it's it could be pretty hard.
Speaker 4: Somebody's running full force for the punter or the kicker, the field goal kicker in this case.
Speaker 2: Does the material that would have covered his knee and half calf prevented that?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pads? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, I mean the pants have pads in particular areas, and and also it just kind of like gives you some sort of protection from your actual skin itself. But I want to know what everybody thinks. I'm gonna put this up. I'm doing it right now. Hang on the up on see it now so you can take a look at the visual because it is something to behold. And to me, it was my favorite sports story of the weekend on account of the viral aspects of this.
Speaker 1: I'm told that college football players can wear shorts, and this person just said players. It didn't specify what position on the team you're playing. It just says that shorts are somehow acceptable in college football rules. The NFL does not allow it. Oh really, so this wouldn't be accepted in the NFL. This is just okay. It was just because it was a college thing. And then another thing about the about the field goals getting longer is that the NFL has a couple of people reached out about a new rule for placekickers who can bring a ball that they've like worked with for a while as opposed to just getting a new one during Like, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: That seems a little right for for some sort of scandal, doesn't I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I mean you would think so. But I don't know why he would be making new rules like this when they've had problems with bald manipulation in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like one of their most one of the biggest controversies in football, one.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest gate that a lot of games in the NFL. It's a football, and there's the flight gate.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And both of those not Nipplegate into flay Kate, but both of those stories the kicker, the college football kicker in the shorts go take a peek, and the judge who got cop peeing near the courthouse, both up now on the website over on See it now, click the menu, click see it now on the news junkie dot com. The other little piece of information of the sports world I wanted to share with you was Tony Romo, and I like.
Speaker 1: Everyone's you'll hear like a broadcaster in this case, Tony Romo doing the broadcasting for one of these football games over.
Speaker 4: The weekend, and he just kind of like gave up in the middle of a sentence and he's speaking and just completely fu glitch McConnell kind of.
Speaker 3: In a way.
Speaker 4: And then somebody was like, should we check on Tony Romo? What's going on over there? But here's his moment here.
Speaker 1: And then another hold right there. I think it was I don't know, I don't know what happened at the end there, and then it was just let it so weird and somebody goes to see, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if Tony Romo is okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sounded quite odd. It was a weird moment, but there you go. We'll see what you think about it.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like that. Yeah, it sounds like a little too much excitement, a little bit too much excitement. I'm not gonna I think I was watching a many poop you were. That's the that's the weirdest part about it.
Speaker 4: To to achieve a climax at that moment is probably the strangest thing that I can think of. But I mean, if you think that works in your favor, that's fine. That's that's okay.
Speaker 1: When you know, when everything else has just become milk toast and vanilla. You gotta give me something weird, baby, pull that handle on the on the whole slot. All right, let's talk about the box office this weekend. Here we go at the box office.
Speaker 8: It was bad.
Speaker 1: Money.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of people go on Halloween weekend because the biggest threat to the box office is other stuff outside for people to do, and obviously Halloween weekend brings a lot of that. People want to go out, they want to dress up, they want to do their thing, and they don't go to the movie theaters as much. Number one only made eight million dollars. The movie Regretting You Black Phone to the one horror movie I Guess Really out there made eight million dollars as well. In second place eight point one for Regretting You chainsaw Man.
Speaker 3: Anime kids are lighting.
Speaker 4: Up the box office Baby chainsaw Man. At number three, they re released that K pop demon Hunter's Netflix thing and put it in theaters and it made another five point three million dollars.
Speaker 3: Because the anime kids are.
Speaker 4: Going to buy movie tickets of the Begonia movie where the CEO gets kidnapped. That one didn't do quite as well. Four point eight million in fifth place.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people are going to the movies unless you're going anime it.
Speaker 4: I guess you know it's crazy. By the way, this is when they release a lot of movies that they don't have faith in. Is a weekend like this because they know it's gonna be slow. But Bogonia, the Focus Pictures movie with what's her name?
Speaker 3: Who's a em Stone? Emma Stone is in it?
Speaker 4: Four point eight million dollars just barely beat out a re release of Back to the Future, which made four point seven million dollars this weekend.
Speaker 3: That's how soft things were.
Speaker 4: Spring Tron, stitchhead whatever that is good fortune all the way down to number ten on the list. I saw a headline which was coincidentally right next to an ad for the Springsteen movie. There was a post that somebody said the Springsteen movie is bombing because Bruce Springsteen is not that controversial, like or not that exciting.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if that's true. He's political, but is he is? There?
Speaker 3: What's the story to tell there?
Speaker 4: I think that movie was comparable to all the other movies like it, like Bob Dylan the Dylan movie. I bet it did almost exactly the same amount of money.
Speaker 3: I bet at this point it was close. Is it the life story or it's just yeah, the life story.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like the life story. I don't know what it focuses on with Bruce Springsteen obviously, but I think that's what it is. I think it's like the life and times of Bruce Springsteen. I think it's just a limited amount of people who care about watching a movie like that. I think it's not because it's Bruce Springsteen or anything. Is just because it's one of those types of biopick movies.
Speaker 1: And uh, it's just not a huge amount of interest.
Speaker 4: That's that, And it's usually don't cost too much money to make, So that's all.
Speaker 1: One article on it says the underperformance of Springsteen Delivered Me from Nowhere can be analyzed till everyone loses their voice. Despite the global popularity of The Boss and the recent streak of success that music biopicks have seen, it hasn't struck a chord with audiences and has performed about as well as last year's Robbie Williams biopick Better Man, which I ooh, that was bad. Yeah, but that one costs significantly more to produce.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he had made himself a monkey.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and he's Robbie Williams is big in Europe, but non quite as big in the United States of America. As far as i'm he had a couple. So what's the big Robbie Williams song?
Speaker 1: Well, you got stuff? Do not think millennium?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know a little bit or when we come back, we got to talk about we're gonna get geared up for the roast, which we'll talk about at the top of the hour, and how everything went last night. There was a controversy at a big event in New York that we'll discuss. The whole Snap benefits thing. It's been locked as of November first, a lot of people are not getting Snap benefits.
Speaker 3: So that has brought.
Speaker 4: About a really interesting move from some businesses out there that are responding to all this, and I want to talk about what's going on with that as well. There's a bunch to get into on a busy Monday. It's coming up next in the news Junkie. I know, I know that people are selling too this so one of those things, I mean, I guess I kind of understand it would be like a personal goal to try to run a marathon, to try to and I'm not talking about it.
Speaker 2: One of your personal goals you mentioned, was it not?
Speaker 3: I didn't know, but I mentioned trying.
Speaker 4: To do like maybe a seven or eight minute mile or something. And I still would like to do that. And I've been working on my endurance, and I get a ton of activity in every day and I do run, but I wouldn't even want to, like even attempt to try to get any really impressive score or time on a marathon. I just would want to do it, like just just to finish it. I think as an accomplishment. I think it's pretty cool. I see people all the time go out and do these marathons, get to the end, and they're like, oh, I got three hundred and forty sixth place.
Speaker 3: Who cares? Badass? Who cares that? Don't don't care at all.
Speaker 4: I think it's very very impressive that you finish the marathon. And the New York City Marathon went down this weekend and there was a course record set in the women's competition, and also it was the closest race ever on the inside, literally like neck and neck on.
Speaker 3: The men's side.
Speaker 4: And it's crazy to have a finish that fast in a marathon since it goes on for so long.
Speaker 3: It goes on for quite a long time.
Speaker 4: The women, the winner took in the race in two hours, nineteen minutes in fifty one seconds, which is pretty damn impressive, about twelve minutes or so behind the first place men. And it was really really just a shock to see how many people participate in this every single year.
Speaker 2: What did the last person get? I'm always curious.
Speaker 1: I don't get anything.
Speaker 2: Did they clean up everything? No, I'm saying in their time. Oh did they wait until that very last person or at some point they're like, we got back this up, we got things to do.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I'm sure there's some kind of limit on the staff staying there in twenty four hours past or something.
Speaker 3: It's a long time.
Speaker 4: Because some people walk, you know, some people just walk. And by the way, that's still good exercise. That's still really impressive stuff. It's still something that I find to be impressive.
Speaker 3: At least.
Speaker 4: I look around in a world of sometimes able bodied people riding around on scooters because they're too lazy, and I see people who step up and want to accomplish a task like this, and I go badass, excellent, good for you, good for you for doing it. And these are the things that really should have like massive prizes, but.
Speaker 3: They they sometimes.
Speaker 1: Don't have as big a prizes as you would think.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they have a list, like New York City Marathon probably has a results page.
Speaker 1: Well, it says the maximum time to complete the New York City Marathon is six hours and thirty minutes after the start of the last wave, which equates to a pace of approximately fifteen minutes per mile, which I think last time I was timed for a mile, I don't think I wasn't running, but I don't think I got with less.
Speaker 4: Than fifteen move I can tell you a ten minute mile for somebody who's not like an avid runner is not the like for me.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to just break.
Speaker 4: Ten minutes, so run it is like you have to stop and run and stop and run.
Speaker 3: It's up and run. Ten minutes is not easy.
Speaker 4: So fifteen minutes, you know you're going pretty slow, but that's your first mile, your second mile, like you're at the end of the marathon, you're still keeping that pace, all right, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: I have just by pressing the buttons, looking the filters, I do have fifteen nine thousandth place. Wait, no, fifty nine place, fifty nine nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, all right pieces.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine minutes. Time was almost thirteen hours. And that's see to seal or Seal Witherspoon in a women's category.
Speaker 3: Guess what still did it?
Speaker 2: Yep, Ashley Perez just feed her up by two minutes at fifteen nine twenty seventh place.
Speaker 4: You know in that twenty fourth mile, all of you who are like, oh, it's pathetic, it's slow, this slow time slow average in that twenty fourth mile, can you even imagine what your thighs feel like?
Speaker 2: I'm not going over five hours of running ever, they went for twelve Wow, no, thank you, Yeah, that'ngratulation, they said.
Speaker 1: At some point, if you're still running the New York City Marathon after the sweep buses passed and the aid stations and medical service are no longer available, they make the runners move to the sidewalks. If they're still.
Speaker 2: Running, why just scoop them up with all the trash trucks so embarrassing, Like, all right, at the marathon's over, there, the road will no longer be blocked.
Speaker 1: You need to move it to the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: It's embarrassing right now.
Speaker 4: See Dwayne says, fifteen minutes is super slow. Fifteen minutes is a brisk walk says right. I know you guys are like you're you're Your appetite to go after somebody with a slower time.
Speaker 3: Like that is big. I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, when you get to the end, or even your average being around fifteen minutes a mile, you're still finishing. Okay, You're still finishing, and that alone is pretty impressive.
Speaker 3: It's somebody on chat earlier. Let me see if I can find it.
Speaker 4: Barbera said, I ran in the New York City Marathon in nineteen eighty seven. I placed in the top one hundred. It was the best race everything. That's crazy, I mean, that's crazy. How many people did you just, say, fifty three thousand on the list.
Speaker 1: Or something fifty nine thousand to get top one hundred.
Speaker 4: Good for you, but I still stand by it. I'm still impressed even if you got like the last measured place, because it's not easy to do a marathon.
Speaker 3: So I salute you. If you ran this weekend. No, there you go.
Speaker 2: Quick question. Would you feel still just as accomplished if you did not beat out someone in a wheelchair or handcycle?
Speaker 4: No, because the wheelchair is easy and the hand cycles easier. Yeah, both both of those. I would say both of those are easier than walking. If you're you know, this is what they do. They're they're in these wheelchairs. They're doing this all day long. I think it's just a it's a different strength. You know, your your leg strength versus your arm strength, and it's a lot of arm strength if you're doing it with a wheelchair. I think the one, uh, one of the main differences is when you stop turning the wheels on a wheelchair, you can keep going. But if you stop running, there is no coasting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you if you start to get cramps or something, or I've heard of people screwing with them. I've seen videos where people went and took the little water cups and put vodka in them where they're you know, they're running by to get a refreshment and they go to toss back the water and whoa, and.
Speaker 2: It's just like I've done that to myself back that's why we all go to the gym.
Speaker 4: It's brutal. It's a brutal, brutal thing. Let's see what you got for us again. You could join us over on the dispatch side of things. Record yours right now, video or audio dispatch. You can also email the show tips at the newsjunkie dot com. Thanks to everybody who's done that today and always. We've got a bunch of people talked about Halloween. I saw some of your great Halloween costumes that you sent in via dispatch.
Speaker 3: I wish I would have seen more in real.
Speaker 4: Life, because we thought we were gonna get swarmed by trick or treaters, and we really didn't get that many times.
Speaker 2: I prepared accordingly because we were swamped, ran out of candy very early in the night. Already shared the story that I just grabbed what I could and the kids don't like saltines, and so I grew. I bought so much candy and little trinkets, and even my neighbor gave me some stuff and we had.
Speaker 3: All nobody, Yeah, we did, and have too many kids.
Speaker 4: Already happened like there was a lot of kid kids making their way through the neighborhood. But something I saw, and I don't know if this checks out with you guys too. There's a new way of trick or treating where the kids only go to the houses where people are actually outside, and like a lot of people set up a little table on the sidewalk and they have like a speaker out there and stuff. And they were going through the neighborhood and only stopping at those places where they were physically outside and not going up and ringing the doorbell.
Speaker 2: May that makes more sense because I stayed inside. Yeah, I mean just in the day, you know, you just walked up. If the light was on for the porch, you'd walk up and knock on the door, and that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they I saw something. We got some kid.
Speaker 4: We would probably got twenty twenty five kids or something. We didn't get that many. And one time, I'm so bad at it, Like I'm so bad at the act of like going to the door and like the interactions I have with the case.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Hey, what are you supposed to be?
Speaker 3: Open it up and be like hey, how, I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: I open up the door and there was the most disinterested fifteen year old girl who goes trick or tree And.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh my god, and I'm trying to handle the candy I'm dumping the next.
Speaker 1: Video of this, we probably shouldn't play.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you know what I do. I do actually, but yeah, I probably shouldn't. But she was like trick or tree like so because.
Speaker 2: All our friends are going to a party, and maybe you're still making her go trick or treat.
Speaker 4: She had two kids with her, so it felt like go with your brother and sister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like you escort them to the door and get some more candy for it. She's like so not into it, man, I feel that.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you don't want to be there and you're being forced to walk up to a stranger's door and say trink or treat, I'd be annoyed too, when't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah she didn't want to, but I was still. I still participated as best I could.
Speaker 2: Would you a weed selter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Abraham on Twitch says it was so nice outside, just sit outside with some music and a glass of wine. Well there are a lot of people doing that. Oh yeah, I had to Accordy was like, oh took a treat time, Let's put Terrifier on and I go, we can't do that because she's off working on something. And I'm opening the front door and there's curse words coming from Terrifier on the television and I'm just screaming. There's a four year old Ninja Turtle in front of me, and I, oh god. It was anyhow, not as big as I wanted it to be for Halloween and all the kids that were visiting, but.
Speaker 1: We had the little block party outside. How it was.
Speaker 2: They're in circles, they're just doing a circle. How many times is a complete circle on your cold Sack?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: How many? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: How many circles can they?
Speaker 1: Why are you coming down on my party?
Speaker 2: First of all, just call the Sack people. You all have the same You're all the same. Oh, you don't invite anybody else who lives on a straight street.
Speaker 1: It's actually there's plenty of people from other streets. It's not your street.
Speaker 2: No, my street at all was not invited at the cold Zach party.
Speaker 3: This is awkward right now.
Speaker 1: I was just saying, we had a really good time and there's plenty of kids dressed up and I don't even.
Speaker 4: Know if we have leftover candy. You got that many kids coming through?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Or did you just give them so little.
Speaker 4: Candy because you're like you've been getting cheap about it.
Speaker 1: At some point, one of my neighbors was just telling the kids two hands, two hands, two hands.
Speaker 3: One of the kids that came.
Speaker 4: Eventually he rings the doorbell and I'm run over there and I was like a little bit late.
Speaker 3: He was coming down there or leaving the driveway, and I go, I got candy, and he turned.
Speaker 4: Buddy, buddy, I'm begging two kids to come back into my house.
Speaker 6: Come back.
Speaker 1: I have the candy.
Speaker 3: Come, you know.
Speaker 4: So he comes back to the front door and he's like trigger drake, and I go to put the candy. He's like, you're not getting too many people, are you, And I go, no, now here, I'll give you guys some extra and I give it a little extra and he goes.
Speaker 3: We'll spread the word.
Speaker 1: And then I was like, all right, maybe he didn't spread the word. Yeah, well, I mean, at least that's not as bad as the awkward faux pas I almost made last year, whereas one little girl was dressed as SpongeBob and of course, the only thing I know sponge about SpongeBob is that he lives in a pineapple under the sea. He died. Was so close to saying, hey, where do you live, little girl? Yeah, parent just grabs her by the arm and he thanks her right out.
Speaker 3: Nope, Okay, quick break.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll talk about what went down at the Roast of vent last week. My God, was this absolutely a blast and we'll get to some of the details coming up next in the news chunk Ky, We of course had the big Roast event Thursday last week, Thursday night at Doctor Phillip Center in Judson's Live.
Speaker 3: I stand by after this event.
Speaker 1: It is one of the most gorgeous venues to throw something like this.
Speaker 2: So fancy, almost too fancy.
Speaker 1: It really really is nice.
Speaker 4: It's a fantastic venue and the staff over there was great.
Speaker 3: I didn't hear.
Speaker 4: This isn't necessarily an opening for you to do this if you were the one grinch, because I know there's a lot of grinches out there. People can go to an epic universe and be like this place was boring, I judge you.
Speaker 3: But the venue and the food and the drinks and all that.
Speaker 4: I didn't see a single complaint I saw everybody saying, like, man, it really was.
Speaker 1: Nice as far as the food goes. I didn't get to taste any of it, but boy did we have to smell a lot of it.
Speaker 4: My gosh, that's the tough part.
Speaker 3: The tough part was that.
Speaker 4: And of all of the venues where we've ever done an event, one thing kind of stood out to me being at Judson's Lafe for the roast event on Thursday night, and in a lot of cases when we have a big giant crowd, not a more like intimate crowd in front of us like we had at Judson's, those stage lights are so much that you really can't see much of what's going on. It makes it a little easier kind of It's just like lights are blinding you and you're you're talking to lights. I could see much more in the audience when when you go up in front of the crowd at Judson's Live and I could immediately notice people, well, you were a little more elevated.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, called it.
Speaker 2: As soon as we said we have the throne, you called it for it was now, mind you, We did not know upon ordering it. The picture just like you saw, looked like a normal chair. The Selena and I had quite the laugh when it was brought into the green room, like.
Speaker 1: This is you you say I called it? I didn't say anything, you guys, there's something weird about the road. Your guess No, you guessed both things. You said, what is it too big? Am My feet going to hit the floor? And then you're like, what is it a really tiny chair? Am I gonna look stupid because the chair is so tiny?
Speaker 2: That's you calling it? It was giant and your feet did not touch the floor.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: You guys didn't come back and say, oh, we got the roast chair in the other room. It's fantastic. You guys were like, and I go, what what's going on with the roast chair? And then I guessed it was gigantic, possibly.
Speaker 1: Which it was. It was.
Speaker 4: A massive chair. But Selim was right. I hate to say this on the show.
Speaker 1: Cheeley was right.
Speaker 4: It was quite comfortable. All things considered, it was quite comfortable.
Speaker 2: It was I wish I could have said the same thing about the Blue Couch Home. I just at one point I could not lift myself up because we had sunk. It was just me in between but nonetheless look great on stage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything really kind of look good. I know it's gonna look good on camera when this special is all put together. Our guy Forrest, who is just unbelievable, is going to be working on that. Probably took a couple of months to get everything really polished and where it needs to be. But when that comes out, you guys, can you guys cann watch you can watch the show that we put on on Thursday night. And lots of people that we need to kind of thank over the course of things. But Austin, who you might know for me talking about him, the guy who built the studio, was there from the jump. Guy was there so early there hours before everybody else and helping to set everything up, and couldn't have done it without him because mostly because and I don't know how many of you noticed something was wrong at the event, but everything crashed right as we were about to walk out. We were literally classic Austin. We were on this side of the stage.
Speaker 1: I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: His fault in the way of all the servers. They're like, no, we are in your way.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's like a little side stage tunnel and it helps you walk up onto the side of the stage and then you can walk out and take your seats and stuff on the stage. And it's also the cut in for all the servers who are getting food to go bring it out to people, and people were ordering food and drinks like crazy, and so the traffic is We're just pushed up against the walls basically, and Austin's like everything broke, Like, we we have a video to intro us in.
Speaker 3: It's not working, it's not playing.
Speaker 4: The whole system crash and we're just sitting back there and I'm like, we start to plan for if we don't.
Speaker 2: Have any I don't know what you do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we're sitting back stage in Ross McCoy's like, okay, what happens if we don't have the video?
Speaker 3: I'm like, we don't have this. We don't have this, we don't have this. We could still do it, we could like edit that stuff and.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, but and and all of a sudden, Austin somehow brings it back from the dead. I think we started like what fifteen twenty minutes later or something, but there's no concept of time for me at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nobody noticed.
Speaker 4: Nobody noticed and or at least I don't think most people notice. But then we went out there and uh just I thought nailed it. I thought was really really, really great. It was a fun event.
Speaker 1: I sit down.
Speaker 4: I sit down on this gigantic throne seat, my feet dangling as I was anticipating just a bit. Even though I assure you, despite what it looks like in the roast video, I am six feet tall, all right, I am indeed six feet tall. But as I sit down, I look in front of me, like I told you, I could see some of the crowd at the roast, and I go, son of a bitch, this Chris Campmeire.
Speaker 1: I have ideas one of our former bosses, Chris Campmire, who used to be in charge of the radio stations here locally.
Speaker 3: Great guy.
Speaker 4: We didn't even comp them tickets or anything that I know.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew he was coming, so he definitely you know, and I would like we would have we would have given him tickets.
Speaker 3: But I look forward, I go, oh, he's here.
Speaker 1: He was laughing harder than almost anybody else in that place because he knew some of the jokes, strangely enough, were perfectly targeted for him. One of mine was and I didn't even know he was there until I was done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so he was. He was fantastic. Austin Forrest doing the audio and video, and Forrest is the one, you know, he's in charge of the special that you're going to be seeing here before too long. Ross McCoy as a host was absolutely fantastic. I never seen a man with more index cards in my life.
Speaker 3: He had when he went up.
Speaker 1: There, and that's the hardest thing to do, I think, I think.
Speaker 2: To start, oh, and then he just grosted everyone to a crisp and we're like, uh, what do we do from here?
Speaker 4: Ross kind of had that tactic where you start knocking him down with the index cards and then flinging them off, and pile of index cards just building on the floor as he goes.
Speaker 1: One by one, David Letterman style. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was very good and over the course of the evening, Ryan Holmes very very very funny, pushing things as much as he could.
Speaker 3: Sea Lane did a great job, even.
Speaker 1: Though see Lane had an issue that.
Speaker 3: I didn't even notice.
Speaker 2: It would have never known.
Speaker 4: I had no idea, but Seely comes back and he's like, that went terribly wrong, and I go what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: It was great, everybody loved it. I started reading and I went, this is not the right one. This is not the right thing. I copied and pasted the wrong for the material.
Speaker 4: For those of you who aren't there, see Lane at the end of his roast, he was like, I want to finish up with Sean's own words. And he went over to this beautiful piano on the stage and he's gonna do this song that this part of a parody roast that he wrote to finish it off. Then he starts tickling the ivories and I go, all right, here we go, and the paper in front of you was the wrong song.
Speaker 1: Right well, it was like, there was two of your poems from the old Chasing Edmund website to choose from, and I meant to get the one that says America as a whore, the one that we grill you for a lot, and I picked the one that's called Junkie. And they're still they're both pretty ridiculous when you read them back with older eyes, from probably from from when you wrote these poems. But I started reading it and I was like, I'm son of a bitch, this is not the right one. And I just had to keep going.
Speaker 3: I had no idea though, I really I had no clue.
Speaker 4: And the one thing that was kind of a secret to me was Amy Kaufelt had done a video so good and at like from the Fox thirty five news desk with graphics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whole thing.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Casey. Casey helped her aut big time. It's like that we you know, from behind the scenes, and usually she's on with us.
Speaker 4: It was so good to both of them. Thank you so much because that was so good and she smoked absolutely everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that I told Sabrina because when she got the video, she like, oh, the video is so good, you want to see it. I was like, no, I don't, I want to. I want to wait till the night of So know what I did.
Speaker 2: I made Nicole watch it five times.
Speaker 4: It was funny, it was funny, it was perfect, and it was I was wondering, I'm like, how will Amy transfer over into this world. She's kind of the straight laced one. She's the professional. She's you know, doesn't cut loose or say things like this, but she can.
Speaker 3: It turns out, and.
Speaker 2: For years people with experience very very very good yeah, she did.
Speaker 4: She did great in her video was hilarious. You'll see that obviously with everybody else's performance. Everybody did great. I thought, really, really, really good. Josh was one of the biggest responses of the night. I think Josh Fowler and just watching everybody bounce off each other was fun.
Speaker 1: And you know what was intimidating was watching like the actual comedians, the three actual comics that that like that don't know us as well as we know each other, just kind of spitballing stuff in the green room beforehand. Yeah, and I'm like, how are you taking this down to the wire like this?
Speaker 2: You know, Let and go to the other green room, huh. I had first I didn't realize there was the big green room where all of you guys were. So I went to the other dressing.
Speaker 3: Room, set up her own alternative.
Speaker 2: Ground, had all the papers everywhere, and it turned out great.
Speaker 1: I just went to the I went to the other green room to see if there was cups in there, and I was like, oh, Sabrina's in here, and she's like, where is everybody. I was like, there's two green rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was the only one. I'm like, I can't I even opened the door that was there my shower. No one's in there roo also, so my god missed the memo.
Speaker 4: The venue was so spectacular at having all this spot, but I thought there was just on the other side. I thought it was just like dressing rooms that they had set up because we were using all this stuff.
Speaker 3: My son was there. My son was. That was pretty good. Actually, all considered, he.
Speaker 2: Was dressed up was one of the greatest.
Speaker 1: I was good.
Speaker 3: That was that was a good line.
Speaker 4: He dressed up his witty from toy story and uh, kind of just went through it. Yeah, everybody, the people who were there were dressed up, were fantastic.
Speaker 3: The audience looked great.
Speaker 4: Everybody involved, from the promo team to the people behind the scenes who helped us out into our very own Jack Bradshaw, we we thank you Jack Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: I was. I was kind of teasing him because I was like, this guy. I was like, you know, we'll see you there, and he goes, yes, I'll be at table nineteen. And I was like, this guy has has read the seating chart a lot, you know, like he's planning a wedding, Like he knows who's sitting where he knows the table numbers everything. It was pretty funny. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was a really good time.
Speaker 4: So thank you to our sponsors of course, Esscallmo dot com and that mortgage guy Don for a stepping up and throwing some money behind it so we could get everything set up.
Speaker 3: And now it's just on to you.
Speaker 4: So we will have this all set up so people can watch. You can watch on your TV download as a special very soon. Give us some time because we got to edit this whole thing together. It was like a seven camera shot. But you could share your experiences if you were somebody who was there, send a dispatch today, tell us what you thought and give us your overview of things by sending a dispatch at thenewschunkie dot com. I'd love to hear those today. Okay, we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we're going to talk about something that is a very very dumb trend and the dumbest of trends admittedly will work in that. I've got a ton of clips to work in on the show. We got the next episode coming up. We got a woman in Mississippi, a mother who happened to encounter the last of those escaped lab monkeys that may or may not have had herpes.
Speaker 3: It's hard to determine.
Speaker 4: And what this mother did is just astonishing and that will be on this show as well. All of that coming up next on the News junk Keye. I was trying to get a vibe on things for Halloween to see what what like costumes the little kids were wearing.
Speaker 3: It was kind of interesting. In my neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I saw a lot of like the classic stuff I really did see, like Ninja turtles and and things from even when I was a kid that kids are Stace jam rocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like these Jim. I saw one kid was and.
Speaker 1: I was like, how how one kid was who framed Roger Rabbit? Cool?
Speaker 3: How does a little kid in twenty twenty five even.
Speaker 1: Know about this? He was Roger Rabbit.
Speaker 4: He was like the main rabbit dude, like a whole rabbit costume thing going on.
Speaker 1: And I thought I was impressed. That was kind of an adult move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there was parts of that that it was definitely not made for kids, and and I didn't even think it would be on any kids radar. He might have been seven or eight years old, and I think even as young as I probably finally did see Roger Rabbit. Christopher Lloyd's villain in that movie was a little terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's that scream that he does, oh man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I didn't see too much stuff where I was like, wow, this is the big trend of.
Speaker 3: The year online. I'll tell you that with parents.
Speaker 1: All I saw was online with like the six seven costs line.
Speaker 2: Oh good, but you know what, there's something too. I don't know how to feel because they ruined it for the kids, which is also at our age kind of fun to think about, not cool anymore.
Speaker 1: The bud is what they're saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perhaps it might be it might be the case that that's over with, right, I know what it means.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't either. Nobody involved us. But I didn't see anything that really stuck out as like, Okay, this is the thing of the moment for kids right now, except for there was a lot of the little K pop Demon Hunters costumes right now that makes sense. Everywhere there was something that I didn't think I was going to see in person, But I figured that there would be a headline or two over the weekend or today, and maybe I was just disconnected enough to miss it, But were there any offensive costume story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just the basic stuff.
Speaker 4: Like I saw another dumbass who dressed up in like a Nazi uniform and went out Georgia.
Speaker 1: I saw that too. I was thinking more America offensive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw Charlie Kirk stuff. It's like for some people it's a way to become internationally viral and famous, but just one of the most offensive thing you got to think soon. I did see one today when I was flipping through stuff, and I thought, there's so many costumes that could be so uncomfortable to exist in, you know, like they could be really really great costumes, like uh, like when Sabrina and ThinkPad did that that roller coaster costume, like that was super fun and clever and stuff was that uncomfortable to be in.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't uncomfortable to be in, but I was under the impression that because of what it was, because we weren't like attached to each other, right, But it was a big piece that if you're going through a crowd and downtown Orlando, for example, that people would kind of move ways, and that was not the case. It was like I was getting caught everything.
Speaker 1: So that's a good point to make, because I saw a costume that somebody was wearing where they were dressed as the White House being demolished. But it was like the widest costume. It looked so cumbersome. I was like, what is this made out of that You're able to just walk around in this? Like it would have to be like the lightest, foamiest material to even be able to like not be sore as hell the next day. I don't know. It was clever and funny, but I thought, that is probably the most annoying costume I've ever seen, or at least the one for this year.
Speaker 4: That's about as recent as it gets, so at least that's a recent one. And my view of the costumes, my son is wearing a costume that is thirty years old or whatever. Toy Story he was Woody, and his best friend or friend and roommate was also wearing the same costume.
Speaker 1: He was Woody from Toy Story. All these kids, the two wodies, all.
Speaker 4: The like K Pop Demon Hunter costumes were like the newer ones that I saw, but so much. Somebody said they saw somebody dressed up as Britney Spear as a little kid and it's.
Speaker 3: Like these things are a quarters century old.
Speaker 4: That's what's still, you know, making up the majority of costumes that I saw for Halloween, which is kind of strange. And so I try to think back, like, all right, let's say I'm a little kid, it's nineteen ninety and I'm out trigg or treating. At that time, were a majority of kids wearing costumes from nineteen what would it be sixty five twenty five years before? You say no way, you say toy story, But they're still making Toy Story movies, so yeah, the first ones old. One could argue that the costume that was chosen for my son is almost one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Now, oh what was Jackson?
Speaker 1: He was Mickey Mouse, his favorite television character, Mickey.
Speaker 3: These take to the costume.
Speaker 1: He did fine with it. He didn't leave the gloves on very long, which is crazy because he loves gloves, but they made it hard for him to grab stuff, and he does love grabbing stuff. So yeah, he did fine with the costume. It was a very comfortable costume. We made sure it wasn't going to be something that was going to annoy him and then ipso fact annoy us, right.
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, I mean it does.
Speaker 4: It is one of those things where you just look at this and go, what does this mean for culture? When I see what like little kids are wearing, and they're wearing all these old eyeps, And maybe you could say, well, hey, Sean, when when it was nineteen ninety, weren't a lot of people who dressed up as like generic ghosts and goblins and vampires.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably aren't all those really old? And weren't they old then? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably, I guess, But I don't know if my memory is skewed or not. I just remember there being much more modern stuff. The Power Rangers were very, very big when the Power Rangers were out, you know, all of these like show us.
Speaker 1: So that I had to be the Blue Ranger because all the other Power Rangers, all the good ones were taken, right, Yeah, we sold out.
Speaker 4: Courtney said she was a hippie, a fifties girl with a poodle skirt and a gypsy when she was young. A gypsy good. So I guess the old stuff is always kind of around out. But I want to know from everybody else if they saw that too, that a lot of the kids were wearing costumes that were that were older that were and from characters that were were older. I always watch to see what Heidi Klume wears each insane.
Speaker 2: Just so much something I you know, still number one for me is the worm, but this one.
Speaker 4: A close second, I think a lot. Yeah, yeah, it was just very, very impressive.
Speaker 1: So but did this always start with her hosting her own Halloween party?
Speaker 3: Or has the the idea.
Speaker 1: Of what did Holly Heidi Klume dress like this year just grow and snowball so much that now it is her party? Because when you look at this and you look at the step and repeat, she's she's standing in front of it is Heidi Clume's Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know Heidi Clume Halloween.
Speaker 4: It says right behind her, and she has an elaborate costume on her she always does.
Speaker 1: I don't know, ce Lan.
Speaker 4: I think it may have been just that she wanted to do her annual event and then her costume every year was just more more crazy, more more elaborate and impressive. And then Cordy said, I love that even though she's Heidi Klum, she doesn't.
Speaker 3: Do hot lady, this hot lady that.
Speaker 4: She does stuff that's hideous kind of She does Worm for God's sake or this year.
Speaker 3: She was this.
Speaker 1: Creature and.
Speaker 3: The snakes are moving around.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how they did that, but that.
Speaker 2: Head right here, she's like tongue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And and the snakes are like just it looks so real, the snakes are Can.
Speaker 1: You ever imagine if a group of kids saw that costume just nightmare fuel wandering the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put this up on stand Out during the break. It was really cool. I mean, like the reveal, it's so elaborate.
Speaker 3: It must have cost so much money.
Speaker 2: Right here, this.
Speaker 4: Literally could have been in a Medusa movie, the main star costume with effects.
Speaker 1: I feel kind of bad watching that because she does the big reveal, and since all of the photographers are both hands on the camera trying to get her to look look this way, nobody nobody clapped. She does this reveal like it almost like she was expecting some sort of applause.
Speaker 3: Yeah did they did? They eventually clap it ahead.
Speaker 1: Right all right.
Speaker 4: I would have put this up on See It Now because it is something to behold. We'll put that up. You can go to the website the news Junkie dot com and hit the See It Now section of the menu, and you'll see what we're talking about. What a crazy thing she does every year with that, and this one was really a big one. When we come back the next episode with Sabrina, what's coming up on the next episode, What's on the new.
Speaker 2: The next episode. Halloween is over, But that does mean debt celebrities can't still make bank, because I have a list. This week in full blown shook us, MTV is canceling a show that will truly shake up their entire traffic department. Plus just in time for the upcoming series finale, one of the Stranger Things stars is being accused of harassment. I've done so much more coming up on the next episode, and that is.
Speaker 4: Coming up next on the News Chunkie. There are two juicy pieces of gossip from the roast that I think we need to address at some point here, and we'll do that after the next episode. We'll also get to you and your feedback, So don't forget go over to the website.
Speaker 3: It's so easy for you to do.
Speaker 4: Those of you even watching on the stream can go to the neewsjunki dot com. When you go to the website, you score down, you see record hit that and record us a dispatch. If it wants you to create an account, do it. It takes like two seconds. Next thing you know, we're hearing you and you're on the show with us. I'm excited about that. So get some feedback rolling in right now and let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot on TV.
Speaker 9: You can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going.
Speaker 1: To talk about? Done anything like that? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Weather's nice.
Speaker 1: It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Hey, hold up.
Speaker 2: The next episode brought to you by that Mortgage Guide on That Mortgage Guide on dot com, the Home Loans Radio Show, and uh an extra special thank you for being a sponsor of the roast that we had last week. Much appreciated and nice to see Dawn after the show. Thank you for joining. And I feel like he had stuff that he wanted to say about us. So maybe next year we shall see Don and an outfit of sorts.
Speaker 1: I would welcome man.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all I gotta say. Sixty eight years ago, nineteen fifty seven, the.
Speaker 3: Very first.
Speaker 2: Dog Dog Dog Dog was shot in a space Oh yeah, the Russians launched the second man made satellites, spot Nick two.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of these about dogs in space.
Speaker 2: It's very sad. And on spot Nick two was a dog named Laikaika like a never gonna see the Earth again? Yeah, it's way ticket.
Speaker 1: You don't know though, that dog way, I had a blast that dog might have been like, oh my god, it could.
Speaker 2: Be interstellar where it's you know, still in space and she has gained zero years. I don't know how dog years work in space, but rest in peace and thanks for walking so we could run.
Speaker 1: The picture on Laikah's Wikipedia page is like likea in a flight harness.
Speaker 2: Terrified out of her goddamn mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, thirty five years ago, nineteen ninety, this right here was number one on the Pop Singles chart. Yeah yeah, and according to this little tidbit, is the first rap single ever to top the pop chart. Really, congratulations, Vanilla, Rob van Winkle, here you go coming up very soon. I've just started rewatching the entire series. It's kind of mind blowing to see how young they were when it started. But here we are approaching the series finale of Stranger Things, So why not at this moment after all these years start leaking out the juice oring that hot tea. And according to Milly Bobby Brown, she's now alleging that her on screen father figure David Harbor, has been bullying and harassing everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, he's not a rough.
Speaker 2: Time big time like, uh, every Friday, I can hear like the song releases. I have a playlist. It's like, you know, hear the new songs and the artists.
Speaker 6: That you like.
Speaker 1: And Lily Allen has been going nuts with her album.
Speaker 2: Oh my Gosh. There's one song about how he had a you know, separate apartment called the Pea Palace. Okay, and she you know, they talked about an open relationship. But mind you, all the details are in the lyrics and still rhyming. It's still kind of a fun song to dance to.
Speaker 4: What's the deal with There's just so people know, Lily Allen the pop star was married to for quite some time, David Harbor, David Harbor from Stranger Things, And it seems like this is now gone south and she's putting out a bunch of stuff about it seems.
Speaker 1: Like stuff is coming out of the woodwork too now that her album is out. Because I saw something, and I thought it was about Lily Allen and I was like, she's not dead, She's still alive. And they're like, no, it was a different David Harbor girlfriend of sorts. Oh yeah, that was living at his apartment for free, and yeah it killed herself.
Speaker 2: Really, he was at an award show and she jumped off the balcony of his own apartment.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And Lily Allen, apparently his second apartment called the Peat Palace, found a chest of a bunch of sex toys, all of which somehow like.
Speaker 3: You can't have a Peat Palace without a chess.
Speaker 2: For her exeically detailed to a cool beat. But now Mellie Bobby Brown is in play and according to a source, she apparently filed a formal complaint before filming the final season, had a personal representative with her when they filmed the finale, and the source also said there were paid and pages and pages of accusations. The investigation went on for months. How make sure the allegations not sexual?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 4: Has has anybody actually involved talked about this, because I'd be interested to.
Speaker 1: See if they say, like, oh, yeah, this is real or it's really all at this point? Yeah, Oh I mean, I don't even think we know.
Speaker 4: Everybody's assuming that it's from Lily Allen because that makes the most sense because she's like kind of going after him. But I don't know, it seems weird, like this is right before Stranger Things too. Does that come out in the next couple of.
Speaker 1: Weeks or something?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a great promo.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it comes out Year's Day. Yeah, Year's Day.
Speaker 2: That's the second half of the final season.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: I thought it was just the.
Speaker 1: Last episode that they were putting in movie theaters on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: So maybe sometime soon. Yeah, the Stranger Thing is trying to figure out what the schedule is, am I Right?
Speaker 4: November twenty sixth is Volume one, Volume two December twenty fifth day, and the series finale is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 2: Hot, damn, you know what will not be on TV after New Year's Eve? And this is crazy to think about considering how often we've talked about MTV's schedule. But according to reports, after fifteen years, forty six seasons, seventeen hundred episodes, it's gone that ridiculous. What are they going to put on the air now?
Speaker 1: I think it's just toast man, They're still playing a lot of the Catfishing show too right, that's done too that.
Speaker 2: Much MTV in a long time. I just remember talking about someone getting a screenshot of the daily schedule and the rest five percent of it was ridiculousness.
Speaker 1: There was a Twitter account, there's there's been a couple Twitter accounts that have done this, but the one for MTV was always the most ridiculous. But there was a couple Twitter accounts that would release like a graphic grid of that week's schedule for those stations, and the one for MTV was just all ridiculous, ridiculousness.
Speaker 2: New episodes will continue to air into the new year, but sor just say MTV wants to return to shows that are more like the stuff they did in the early, more experimental days, whatever that means, I think.
Speaker 1: It's too late.
Speaker 4: MTV is in like almost seventy million households. Last I saw seventy million households, and they're big shows. Their big tent pole shows get about two hundred thousand viewers.
Speaker 2: It's I think they're just lucky to be attached to the conglomerate because that owns Pluto and now you can go to whatever channel because I can see ridiculousness being something that's in the background at a bar. Oh sure, you know, but we'll see what happens after that. If ridiculousness is dead, that doesn't mean they can't make any money. And that's my segue into a new list that Forbes has released of all the highest paid dead AF celebrities all right in twenty twenty five. This is based on their pre tax earnings from sales, streams and other licensing deals.
Speaker 1: What are the rules do they do? They have to be dead before twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so nobody's out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ozzie is out. But this is everyone else who has earned I mean so much, so much money. I'll start with number ten, right or I'm sorry thirteen Kobe Bryant ten million dollars.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Arnold Palmer eleven million dollars.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of businesses. It's a great drink to all those all those iced tea and lemonades.
Speaker 2: Prince eleven million dollars. John Legend, imagine that a twelve million?
Speaker 1: What I say, you just killed John Legend?
Speaker 2: A bad him? Sorry, Christy Bob Marley thirteen million buckaroos at number eight Jimmy Buffett fourteen million, Elvis Presley, thank you very much. At number seven with seventy million dollars. I feel like as I go up this list, the have they have been more dead than like Kobe Bryant, as far as they've been dead longer? Rather all right, because we have Elvis Presley seventeen, Miles Davis twenty one million dollars.
Speaker 1: Damn Miles Davis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wow, that's yir.
Speaker 1: He probably had, you know, his hand in a bunch of really popular songs or stuff with.
Speaker 2: Sampled notorious Big eighty million dollars. Tie for number three Pink Floyd members Richard Wright and Sid Barrett eighty one million dollars each, and number two doctor Freakin' SEUs eighty five million dollars. That makes sense, But number one and he guesses before I play it, Michael Johnson, Yeah, it's got to be like, yeah, one hundred five million dead ass dollars. Yeah, it makes sense writing his dead ass box.
Speaker 1: How much you say Marley was thirteen million? Ten million? Marley was thirteen Was Marley a millionaire when he when he died?
Speaker 3: He seems like I'd.
Speaker 2: Think so, I don't think it was a millionaire. Yeah, I think it was kind of famous. Yes, but wasn't he more of a oosthrumous earning type.
Speaker 1: I kind of get mad. I mean, obviously he's made what made much more after the.
Speaker 2: Fact, but uh, doctors, who's good on you?
Speaker 1: Yes, Bob Marley was likely a millionaire by today's standards. Uh the time of his death is networth was about eleven point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, how good for him?
Speaker 3: How much week?
Speaker 2: Can you get? One point five million at lot? On the boop Tube, we've got football baby, Yeah, go Cardinals and or Cowboys. We had the second season premiere of Saint Dennis Medical and NBC Celebrity Weakest Link has a lot of celebrities. I'm going to see if they're the weakest Link the Voice, uh part two of Knockout Round series, premiere of Crutch on Paramount Plus. And you can catch People's Sexiest Man Alive on Fast Well your dreams of Me on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Go take that note.
Speaker 3: And say with smoke weed every day. Thank you, Sabrina.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll talk about some of the juicier sides of the roast, some stuff that happened. Uh, well during the event that we need to discuss, and we'll get into the nitty gritty there. Plus we still have to talk about some crazy last minute stuff happening with this this snap, the food stamp drama, dumb homes are, the woman who encountered one of the escaped lab monkeys. All of that coming up in this hour alone, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. A couple of things, some drama really from the roast event, and we've got to figure out how to handle these two things. Honest to god, I was thinking about this a bit this morning. I was like, I don't know what the right move is here. Word is that there was at least one attendee of the roast event who may have been flashing her boobs during the event, And as many of you know, there was a camera trained on the audience, which I don't know if that played into these things that people were like, oh.
Speaker 1: There's a camera pointed at us, and people started to get saucy in a movie like whoa.
Speaker 2: And it's a lot of editing.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what the response to this should be should be, like Okay, well.
Speaker 1: Let's edit this out, or.
Speaker 2: We have to decide if it's a pumpkin or the new junkie logo, or maybe you know something else that's fun.
Speaker 4: They everybody knew. There was signs everywhere on the entrances everywhere coming to the venue, like this is being filmed for a video special, a video on demand special, and you will be videotaped and audio recorded in this room.
Speaker 11: Just so you know.
Speaker 3: It's right there, posted everywhere clearly.
Speaker 4: So somebody got so at least one person I heard there may have been too, but at least one person started getting saucy and started flashing boobs during the roast.
Speaker 1: And I don't know what the hell to do with that, how to handle that. And there's other stories afterwards that we could leave. But I have no idea.
Speaker 6: I did not.
Speaker 2: I did not see them flashed their boobs in the past.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think it was new boobs.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: As much as like I guarantee that it was.
Speaker 4: There was somebody who showed up and they're like, this is a fancy event. I'm going and let's do it here we go, let's flop these things out right now, And they were putting them on display during the roast. Now, I did tell you it was much easier to see like some stuff happening in the crowd from the stage during the roast this year, because it definitely was. I was able to pick out a couple of things, a couple of people here and there. But I didn't see any of this.
Speaker 3: I did not see it.
Speaker 4: I only heard about it from multiple people afterwards. So I don't know exactly what the story is there. If the person who was flashing wants to give their backstory, hit us up tips at the news Junking out Front, Tip t ips tips tips of the news junki dot com just the case you won't go through. No, yeah, it's not gonna it's gonna get bounced back. You don't want to do that, But I will have to figure out what to do with that. And then the second thing was there was a point I would say it was just a little over halfway through the roast where whether it was because you guys got into the you got into.
Speaker 3: The little like lounge area early.
Speaker 4: Because you guys, some of you were there as soon as the lounge area open at six thirty, and then you got into the venue at seven o'clock. And then The roast started at about eight fifteen, so that's an hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Before the start of the show.
Speaker 1: And at the start of the show, everybody was like professional and you guys were like really looking sharp and being respectful. At some point, I would say around the midpoint of the roast, people started to go wild.
Speaker 2: People were shouting stuff randomly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could tell what you talk to your radios out loud. It was a lot of people who.
Speaker 4: Were, as Celan said, like kind of shouting back at the radio and no, we're not miked, so oh no, they were there. There was a Michael like at.
Speaker 2: That moment, we could not hear you as well as maybe you thought we could hear you.
Speaker 4: I could hear little bits. And some of it was like trying to join in on the roasting. Some of it classic participation roast, Yeah, yeah, some of it was like trying to ask questions. In the middle of the roasts. The people started to get saucy. Man uh and Bootsy says the shouters were annoying. There was there was a group, There was people here and there, and it's interesting because I wouldn't I see some people saying heckling I wouldn't really classify it as heckling.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's I think there's that that term has loosened a bit because I've heard of comedians that were on stage referring to people who are as heckling, even though they're not going boom you suck like like that.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're including people who just like interrupt or like, eh, you're awesome, man, that was a funny joke, like you know, the participation part. They're kind of roping those in with heckling as well, because some people would some people would stand up and they'd be like, that's totally.
Speaker 2: True man, and wait what I know your dogs mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 4: People were getting really drunk and saucy, and I think they wanted to be part of it. I know there was people asking befriends like can we have a thing where the audience can roast? And it felt like some people wanted to at that point in time. Now, because this was such a professional production, we can we can keep some of that stuff in or completely keep it out and you'll never know that it happened to begin with. But a bunch of times there was people just like tossing in their two cents throughout the I would say it was like maybe a little beyond half to maybe two thirds through the the other where they started to toss that stuff out there.
Speaker 1: I think I think that that definition has shifted because over the years, I definitely if you talked about heckling to me, I would think it's people who are just telling you that you trolling whoever's on stage, and uh, the the problem started being people that were drunk and with you about it, but still should have been silent about that. Yeah, somebody says Mo is truly unruly. Austin says Mo was truly unruly. I don't think it was Mo.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I did not expect was he.
Speaker 3: You know, I could have gone without some of Mo.
Speaker 2: Please, that would not have happened without all of MO. Know what he did, I mean greatly. He was has been in studio leading up to the event, and neither of us knew it was going to go down.
Speaker 3: News to me one of them both.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting next to Sea and I'm like, oh my, this is something else, and that's part.
Speaker 6: Of the roast.
Speaker 3: Also, Yeah, I'm you look like you don't believe that we didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 3: I believe that you guys didn't know. I never said that, Yeah, was it part of the roast.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm if I'm being real, I don't know necessarily that that was one of the other things where I was like, come on, man, but it'll stay in. It'll it'll stay in for those of you who want to watch, eventually, we'll see what you all thought about this. But I didn't hear mo freaking out. I just it was mostly can I can I just say it? It was mostly females. It was mostly women in the audience that I heard saying stuff, but not all because there were the drunker people got. The more they were like, oh yeah, what about this and what but what about this thing?
Speaker 3: Holy cowhich is which is interesting.
Speaker 4: And I say the Heckler thing because if you if you think about it like a Heckler, you think that that means that things were going wrong. Things weren't going wrong. The audience was really like into everything that was happening. I think almost the entire time, like the audience was dialed in and really laughing and having the blast. But then they thought some of you thought like at this portion where we just hit this drunk meter, this drunk limit was hit that like, I want.
Speaker 3: To be part of this too.
Speaker 4: I want to say something too, and I want to inject my opinion here.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what to do with that either, but it was it was.
Speaker 4: I guess it wouldn't be one of our events if it didn't get kind of wild, if it was too tame. I think the folks at Judson's, like I heard multiple times the staff talking back and forth, they were like, this is uh, we've never had anything like this.
Speaker 1: We've already believed that there's still a pretty new venue. I would believe that if there was. If they care to tell us what got wilder, I want to know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bootsie says, opinion, next time, let's have a pee break. So probably there's two choices that you can make an event like this. One is just hammered out because you don't want to lose any kind of momentum, and that's what I thought might be the best move.
Speaker 1: Two is it goes on longer. I don't know how long you guys know when we ended it was it was at least ninety minutes.
Speaker 3: If not, it going even longer than I have no idea.
Speaker 1: But it went on for a little while, and just so everybody knows, however you felt all right, however you felt. I the moment I sat down had to pee worse than I've ever had to pee in my life.
Speaker 4: And I couldn't go anywhere. I was completely stuck. I thought about going like, hang on, let's do a time out. I have to run and go to the bathroom right now.
Speaker 1: One of the roasters and I may have done a last minute pee in a dressing room before the show, and uh in toilet. I hope he was using the toilet, and since the toilet was not available, I well there were showers.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 4: Did you hear back from Judson's management, by the way, ceiling no why they were upset with you over a couple of things. First I've heard YEA one was perhaps there was something that you brought along.
Speaker 3: With you to the venue.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way, no what's happening.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 3: Perhaps I just there, there are there are, There was talk.
Speaker 2: There was just bring that T shirt, cannon and then among.
Speaker 1: The staff about and all I can say is, thank god, thank god you brought it because though it made me have to pee very very bad afterwards, it certainly uh cooled me down beforehand and got me ready. I brought liquid ivy and red bulls. Oh is that it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, liquid ivy and right, okay, all right. I believe you. I believe you, folks. I believe them.
Speaker 4: You could tell us what you thought about the events, send your dispatches over if you were one of the lucky ones to be there. I was kidding, by the way, they didn't say anything about you. The venue loved you. Everybody. There's nothing to say now. Sure, although I could have though this is probably shouldn't say this part.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I'd say that that part's bad.
Speaker 4: Actually, they were fantastic through and through and wanted like even before we did the event, they're like, we should do this again next year.
Speaker 1: Who knows about that.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty far down the line, people.
Speaker 2: What was interesting is like leading up to it, you forget how big Doctor Phillips Performing Art Center is. So like as we get there, I am in Uh, You're right in front of me a cellist and right behind me is four opera singers and we're just all going through the same security line, They're like, oh, you guys are with that comedy show at White Place. Yeah sounds good. You are not a professional musician at all.
Speaker 1: That we skipped me past a lot of opera singers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's there was very different audiences there that night and performers, very very true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there there was a point. I don't know if anybody got it on video.
Speaker 1: Somebody might have.
Speaker 3: I think somebody was recording on their phone.
Speaker 4: But there was a point when a couple of people backstage, including Ross Pageant, I think he was the one in particularly to bring this up, but I might be wrong about that. It was Ross Paget, Ross McCoy see Lane, Josh Ryan, and a couple other people, I think, and Ross was like, hey, are there any limits or can we go full force?
Speaker 1: What can we do?
Speaker 4: And I was like, just so everybody knows, you know, like right, I was like, just so everybody knows. Do whatever you got to do so that the audience has fun. And if the audience has fun, that's all I care about. If people are laughing and enjoying themselves, that's the point of all of this. I'll not hold it against you afterwards. And yeah, I think for the most part. You know, people people got that that was the assignment. But it was so fun and I can't wait for everybody to see the video and to see how all this came out. For those of you who obviously weren't in attendance.
Speaker 1: Parts of it, I don't you know, it's so nervous leading up to Yeah, can I.
Speaker 3: Tell you you say you were nervous.
Speaker 4: Courtney made a comment right afterwards and she was like, see, Lane was the best I've seen him. He was, she said, She mentioned specifically, she was like, he was like Louis c k. She was like, Sealane, seems.
Speaker 2: So, oh you did do that masturbating in front of everybody.
Speaker 4: Calm and like confident and in control in the moment. And she was in particular saying like you really so if you were.
Speaker 1: Do you remember Will Ferrell at the end of Old School when he gives that speech at the decathlon or what not the caathlon, but like the academic thing, and then afterwards he goes, what say.
Speaker 6: That was that? Was it?
Speaker 1: I like wiped my face. I did the thing, and then I went, how did it go? I did the wrong song? Oh God?
Speaker 4: All right, so we'll take more of your comments on that as we roll on throughout the show today.
Speaker 3: It was fun to relive a little bit of that. Let's see here.
Speaker 4: I did want to talk about a bunch of other things, so let's work some stuff in. One thing was there's a story that's been going viral sort of here and there about the LDS Church. You guys know what that means when I say the LDS Church. Yeah, the church, the Jesus Court Christ and Latter day Saints, the Mormon Church, if you will, And let's let's see if we can if you guys can bring up another story on this to get some more details, because I don't have too much. But I had heard that there was this huge thing in the Mormon Church when they change the rules for like Mormon underwear. I'm not kidding, it's seriously, you know, you guys have heard about like the Mormon Church. If you're really somebody who adheres to the rules, they have particular they call magic underwear that they're supposed to wear. And I guess in the Mormon Church they decided to change some of the rules. And when they did that, there's only a handful of places that you can go to to get this stuff. And there were these massive weights, like huge lines and stuff underwear for people trying to buy the new version of the magic underwear in the Mormon Church.
Speaker 3: Which are you talking about the temple garment? Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a.
Speaker 2: Different where before it was time to have children or no.
Speaker 4: No, no, it's like I think you're supposed to use this more often than that. But here's here's a line of the people. This give us some more info.
Speaker 7: Whor's Tuesday line stretched out the door as Latter day Saints gathered for the launch of new temple garments. Release introduces leaveless tops and new fabrics in tank top like design, not to help members in warmer climates.
Speaker 1: So they didn't have like underwear tops and bottoms that were as good for when it was cold outside. And they loosened the rules and so there was a three hour line of people to get these and get the new merch, the new Mormon Mormon merch that was being released.
Speaker 3: Stibo says Mormons have magic underwear.
Speaker 1: Do people not know this?
Speaker 3: Should I go back to that first?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I didn't know. It says Mormon women can wear new sacred undergarments. Some wonder why now even on scorching summer days. Faithful members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints wear sacred religious garments underneath their clothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so if it's the same thing, but no, those who don't know, why can't you just cut yourself.
Speaker 4: Well, they started with this like old school garment that you would wear, and they call it your magic underwear if you're a Mormon.
Speaker 1: And it's like.
Speaker 4: It's like they're like long shorts for men and women, and then like a white shirt for men, and like a white like almost like a broad type thing for women.
Speaker 3: But it hadn't been updated in so long. Does look very supporting?
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: Looks horrible, which is why there's a three hour line when they change this. It's called the temple garment. I know our Mormons out there are going crazy, So do join in, join the conversation with your your take on this. A temple garment, also referred to as garments or garments of the Holy Priesthood, or Mormon underwear.
Speaker 1: They also call it magic underwear.
Speaker 4: Is a type of underwear worn by adherents of the LDS movement the Latter Day Saints movement after they have taken part in the endowment ceremony. Garments are required for any individual who previously participated in the endowment ceremony to enter a temple. The undergarments are viewed as a symbolic reminder of the covenants made in temple ceremonies, and they're seen as a symbolic and or literal.
Speaker 3: Source of protection.
Speaker 4: The garment is given as part of the washing, an annoyting part of the endowment, and is worn under the temple robes. And so once you know you you're sort of baptized in a way, they give you these and you have to wear them to any kind of like church or official events.
Speaker 2: Also available on their online store. Did you know that was the thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got merch That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I just sent you guys the link to the website. It's something else.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I want to see how much they costs. Actually, give me just a second to pull this up. Store dot church or Jesus Christ dot organ Ya real store.
Speaker 2: You have to sign in.
Speaker 3: Oh do you have to be like a member?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Look look what it says.
Speaker 4: It says we are experiencing very high demand for the new garment styles, which caused some products to be temporarily out of stock online and in some distribution stores. Online orders will be processing the order they're received. We appreciate your patients and are working tore a smooth experience for everyone. So like these undergarments, like these underwear that the Mormons have to wear. They finally updated them, and it caused this huge, huge line at all of these places. This store is crazy, They talked so weird.
Speaker 1: They talked to this woman, Dara Layton, and she says she thinks her closet has doubled in size since getting the sleeveless garment. About a month ago. I went on probably the biggest shopping spree I've ever gone on in my entire life. I was like, so excited to have new styles that I could wear. Yeah, I guess their old styles were from like the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Let the modern they're gonna look, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They haven't show them.
Speaker 1: Have bathing suits. Then she said, my shoulders have never been more tan in my entire life.
Speaker 2: They have to go in full garmen. I'm pretty sure to the to the beach, like their bathing suit would be much like the magic underwear picture you showed where it's like everything's still being covered.
Speaker 4: Uh, we we need to hear from Mormons. Join us and tell us what your thoughts are on this and what their moms are.
Speaker 3: Two tips at the.
Speaker 1: New Junkie dot com and let me go back to this is from Saint George News.
Speaker 7: Saint George News at five anchors told Monica McLaughlin asked why the new garments are exciting local church members.
Speaker 3: I'm Monica with.
Speaker 2: Saint George News and I've got Lexi here with me who works at DESTT Book.
Speaker 1: As you can see the line behind us.
Speaker 2: Lexi, what's going on here today?
Speaker 5: Today we open the launching of our brand new garments for the Latter day Saints of the Church to Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So we're super excited to be.
Speaker 5: Able to have everyone out here and excited about these new garments being launched.
Speaker 2: So what have you seen outside this store?
Speaker 3: Lots of excitement, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So we're just excited.
Speaker 5: And this is the way that we have seen people come closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's a great opportunity, opportunity for them to be able to come closer to him, to the way that they dedicate.
Speaker 3: Them like they haven't showed and this is what I really want to see. What the news stuff looks like? Do they go inside? Maybe they won't show it because is that like would that be seen as something.
Speaker 1: That was frowned they had on the website. They're not going to show themselves awreing it, I guess. But yeah, they won't have like a model editor. So I feel like she said a lot of words, but Jesus Crisis of them didn't.
Speaker 4: Say a lot of things. Because it's about underwear. I think that they don't want to necessarily share this information. Okay, here, here's this a historic update. The way it is finally over.
Speaker 1: Is finally over.
Speaker 10: The sleeveless Latter Day Saint garments are now officially on sale across the finally and as I'm sure you've seen all over social media, the demand is so high it's already crashing the Turches online store and causing long lines outside of Desert Book.
Speaker 3: Follow me and I'm gonna keep you up date. I'm breaking trip to Jesus Crisis.
Speaker 4: Okay, follow, I'll give you a follow information moving forward. So we want to hear from you Mormons. Tell us what's going on with these updated outfits and if you got one, whether you have to wear these to what places? All of that very valuable information. Take them mom at tips tips at the news Junki dot com or send a dispatch on the website the Neewsjunkie dot com. When we return, we will get into the escape lab monkey that we stop I talked about last week.
Speaker 3: This escape lab monkey.
Speaker 4: Some original stories said it had like herpies and COVID at the same time. Then they said no, it didn't, we assure you, and they murdered all the monkeys and then there was one on the loose. Still now we know the fate of the one on the loose, and it's a wild tale of a mother protecting her family, and those details are coming up next on the News Junkie. Dylan had such a good time, like he could not stop talking afterwards. Cool like being there and getting to be a part of that, and like you know, for him he has his everyday life and all this stuff that he does, and then he connects with the audience every once in a while and to be able to be up in front of the crowd and then and feel good about it.
Speaker 2: It was lay still at that moment, just walking in, I'm like, what's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look familiar.
Speaker 2: I cannot put and oh my god, it was Dylan, because I still see that twelve year old with the blonde and tiny and now he's a full grown man. And he was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been so long now, it's been so he's twenty five five years old.
Speaker 1: We still kind of see the little kid that you made cry in the old studio when you asked him about it. If he had a girlfriend, I don't make him cry anymore. Yeah, toughened up over here. He hasn't done that as of late.
Speaker 4: But he had such a blast and just everybody there, I want you to know that, because he just couldn't stop talking about it.
Speaker 1: Did he's sticking around for Halloween or what? Did he hallow? Aspect to WestBam.
Speaker 4: He when we woke up the next morning, we went and had some breakfast and went to winebar George and had some launch some point, and then he had to get back because he had to work at the vape store.
Speaker 1: The vape store doesn't run itself. I know, you got to get back out there, you got to get slinging the vapes.
Speaker 4: So he got back out and got back to work, and then I think did some Halloween stuff with his with his friends at some point in time. But it was awesome to get to see him at least for a little while. And then on the way out, I was like clicking into the very rare for me dad mode, where you know, he drove his car up here.
Speaker 3: He's got a Honda and I'm looking at the car like the last time he had an oil change on the sun. He's like, I just got an oil change, Dad. I go, your tires look a little low. Let's check your tires. Let's fill him up.
Speaker 1: Let's get them all up to the amount of PSI my dad the first handful of times he came to the house that I'm at now, he would look outside and go, puoll needs water. Pull needs water. You need to fill up that pool.
Speaker 4: It's like, you go too this dad role where you can't just sit back And I'm like, how many miles on it?
Speaker 3: How many miles? And he there's thirty miles, So okay, all right, let you just get keep to the turnpike and make sure it's just following all the rules of the road. And what am I doing here?
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's like, just send me an EMOCHI if you're okay.
Speaker 4: He got out of here, and but I just wanted to say he had a blast. He really had a good time and it made him feel good. There are some people who don't feel great about this, but we have to share the story with you regardless. And we talked last week about the situation in Mississippi where there was a truck that was headed to a facility and actually what I think it was like headed through Louisiana at one point in time, and the truck crashed and all these lab monkeys poured out of the truck. They spilled out of the truck and they went running in all sorts of directions. And they at first were saying the driver of the truck was like, all the monkeys got herpies in COVID.
Speaker 3: They're test monkeys. Away, they're dangerous, And the news goes way.
Speaker 4: They have wide and he goes, they have COVID and they have herpes and you gotta you gotta stay away from And they assured us that the monkeys, the lab monkeys, didn't actually have these things, but then they proceeded to kill all of them. They kill all the monkeys and there was just one on the loose, and there was a mother who encountered the final one and it was in her yard.
Speaker 3: I guess in Mississippi. I think this is some of the footage of the monkey on the loose. There he is, there's a monkey just in the grass.
Speaker 4: This is this is where the crash was, I think because I see some of the parts of the truck, the cages and whatnot, and the monkeys terrified.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The lady filming goes, oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: The monkeys are running around right now. There was there was just one left on the loose, and I got bad news. There was I'm destroyed.
Speaker 4: The mom said, I felt like I had to protect my children, and she blasted the monkey finality. She said that she feared for the safety of her children. WAPT News had this. Let's see what they said.
Speaker 11: The homeowner near Heidelberg shot and killed one of the monkeys that escaped after a truck overturned in Jasper County.
Speaker 12: At first, because I say, okay, if I shoot, is he gonna run to me?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the moment.
Speaker 11: Jessica von Ferguson and she said that she was alerted by her sixteen year old son, who said he had seen a monkey running in their yard outside their home near Heidelberg.
Speaker 1: Or if I ever said that to my mom, my mom would go, yeah, right, shut up, there's no.
Speaker 3: Mom, I swear there's a monkey in the yard right now.
Speaker 4: And mom goes, all right, Mom goes out in the yard to take a look, and she sees the monkey and things didn't go well.
Speaker 11: Six this morning and the Jasper County Sheriff's office confirmed in a social media post that a homeowner had found one of the monkeys on their property Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Well that was them.
Speaker 11: The same Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parts said that that monkey is now in their possession.
Speaker 1: Oh the guy, Oh I thought you shot the monkey.
Speaker 3: It said the monkey survived good. Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, this can't be right.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think they have the latest news because the Associated press literally says one of the monkeys that was escaped was shot and killed.
Speaker 3: But this guy is saying it's a live style shot at it.
Speaker 12: The first time, he just set them and I shot again and that's when he went back and I said, I was confused because he wasn't scared anything. He didn't move, He just sa sitting there watching me.
Speaker 2: They probably just.
Speaker 11: So many of the backers, like who monkeys that were on the loose as of this morning, but with this one now being found, there are two that are still unaccounted for. And the truck drivers say that they were coming from Tulane University in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: However, no one is saying where that truck was going.
Speaker 4: This must have been an earlier report because this one, the Associated Press says, as of this morning, what are the monkey keys? That was a shop by a woman was killed. She said she felt for the fear for the safety of her children. Jessica Ferguson said she was alerted about this. She got out of bed, grabbed her firearm and her cell phone, and stepped outside where she saw the monkey about sixty feet away. She said she and other residents had been warned that the monkeys had diseases, so she said, hey, I don't care what they say, I'm firing.
Speaker 3: I'm a gun.
Speaker 1: Not a good time for a disease free monkey in those parts, in those.
Speaker 4: Lay Low, Yeah, everybody got word that they were diseased, even if they weren't, and it started getting upset about this. She has five children from the ages of four to sixteen. She says, I shot at it and it just stood there. I shot again and he backed up and that's when he fell. And she said, if he attacked somebody's kid and I could have stopped it, that would have been a lot on me. The professional chef said, it's kind of scary and dangerous that they're running around and people have kids playing in their yards. So she's saying like, I couldn't be the person who didn't do anything about it. And then next thing you know, somebody else, somebody gets attacked by the monkey just running a monk.
Speaker 1: So I get it.
Speaker 3: I see why she would say that.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Let us know?
Speaker 4: Send us a dispatch over on the website thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: The South Park guys are at some big trouble right now. Oh boy, I'll tell you what's going on with them.
Speaker 4: We got jury duty coming up, and we got this government shutdown and snap and some last minute things happening. Also, restaurants have decided to do something that is pretty interesting as a result of people losing these benefits.
Speaker 3: What's that we'll get into all that as we move forward. It's all coming up next.
Speaker 1: In the news chunk key.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, hey, I thought we voted down.
Speaker 4: Daylight savings and our dailylight saving time and we were changing that, and we did, but it just never went anywhere. It was like stage one of five stages of abolishing or you know, locking into daylight twenty step plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like there was one random rogue vote and.
Speaker 4: Then people kind of celebrated like we were going to get rid of the time change, and then nothing.
Speaker 2: Else ever happened conferences around it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we'll ever do anything on that front, and maybe we don't need to.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like one of those things the penny, right like that was also time and didn't really happen.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know, did they. I don't know if they actually did that or not. We've talked about them abolishing the penny in places, starting to like round up and round down and and doing all.
Speaker 3: Of these different things.
Speaker 4: But the daylight saving time is one that gets people so fired up.
Speaker 1: Some people hate it so much. It's really not that big of a deal. Guys, I don't care, but my baby doesn't know that it's a different time, and so he got up pretty early this morning. Yeah, that was fun. I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I woke up and I wondered how my morning was gonna be different, just like Jackson, and Jackson's not aware of these time changes, and I'm like, I'm not settled into these, And for me it was fine, Like nothing seemed weird. You just have your schedule off sea, Lene, because you know Jackson's gonna take longer to adapt or like, you know, yesterday he uh, you know, yesterday was the the the night before was when we actually gained the hour quote unquote. Even if we didn't gain an hour, he still woke up before I wanted him to. I still heard his voice coming from the baby monitor and thought this should have been later.
Speaker 1: Son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough. He'll get used to it.
Speaker 1: I can't say that though.
Speaker 3: You know, No, she's right there, but it's tempting. Regardless, don't do it. You're you're right not to. Here we go, let's do jury duty.
Speaker 1: Court is now in sessions.
Speaker 9: Put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 3: Your no injury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 4: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only motivate of the doit Law Firm. Injured on the go, Just call MO eight hundred, Call MO eight hundred, Call Mo, or go to just call Moo dot com. After an accident, you have the ability to go to basically any attorney you want to. You see them all over television on the radio. But some of those experiences aren't going to be great, and a lot of these attorneys don't really care about you or want to sit down and listen to you and hear your story and fight for you. Half of them, when they show up the court don't even know what the details of your story are. They think they could just wing it. That's not what happens with just Callmo dot com. You get into an accident, MoG's after the insurance companies and you won't believe how fast this whole thing can get wrapped up and you can get a check in your hands. Sometimes it's crazy. Eight hundred CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or just call MOO dot com. A couple updates on things we have talked about previously on the show. Talked about the Netflix documentary The Perfect neighbor. And for those of you who didn't see this, this was about this crazy old hag in Marion County, Florida who shot and killed this mother of four because she was so mad that little kids had the goal to be playing in her neighborhood and making noise and she was like, get off my lawn style, and this woman ends up shooting and killing this mom through her front door, right through her front door, which, if you know anything about defense, even in the state of Florida, even with stand your ground, even with all these things, if somebody is outside of a secured barrier and you shoot through blindly the secured barrier to kill that person, you have just murdered someone. That's what happened, and you I would encourage you to watch that Netflix documentary was very interesting, all done through body camera footage, every bit of it done through body camera footage. Is a footage that starts with some of the first encounters with this lady uh call in about the cops and crying, and then goes to the faded night where she shot and killed this poor mother and it's brud almost watched it last night yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the thing I said. You know what, I really don't want to finish off my weekend with something super serious.
Speaker 2: Kind of I've never seen a documentary like it.
Speaker 3: No, it was because the body can't footage stuff.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much all that some you know, narration.
Speaker 3: I thought, Leah, it was.
Speaker 4: I thought it was effective at like getting you to feel like you were in the neighborhood, getting you to feel like you got to know that lady.
Speaker 2: A little bit saying it all went down.
Speaker 3: Watching watching the kids.
Speaker 4: It's tough to watch, but watching the kids deal with all of the heartbreak in real time. Crazy crazy, but very very interesting to watch. And now this woman, Susan Lawrence. It was serving a twenty five year prison sentence for manslaughter after a jury convicted her for killing A j Owens during a neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Dispute back in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: She is now threatening a defamation lawsuit against the victim's children.
Speaker 4: Huh okay, okay, the victim's children, she says. She the woman who's behind bars and convicted by a jury of her peers about this. She is now threatening to sue the family, including the children. She says aj Owens and her children were trespassing there were multiple no trespassing signs on the property.
Speaker 3: This bitch is still doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: Miss Owens did, in fact, scream and threatened to beat me multiple times while trespassing. Miss Owens did not not politely and speak reasonably. On June second, twenty twenty three, she pounded into screen profanities like a lunatic.
Speaker 3: A quick wake up call.
Speaker 4: If Susan's out there tuned in on some old fashioned radio behind bars. You were not sentenced to twenty five years behind bars. Nor do people dislike you because of her demeanor when approaching your door. If somebody approaches your door and they're screaming and yelling and doing any variety of things, Let's say some crazy hobo comes to my front door and starts banging on it. If I pull out a gun and shoot them through the front door, I am not defending myself.
Speaker 3: I'm shooting through a secured barrier.
Speaker 4: The moment somebody passes that secured barrier, breaks the glass to get into your house, breaks down the door to begin to gain entry is the moment you when they start approaching, you can defend yourself. So and the idea that she's still obsessing over this kind of shows you just how crazy this chick is. But this lady is threatening to sue the children, the victim's children, which is even more disgusting than you might imagine. Also, Terrifier, the first one. Only a few people have seen the original Terrifier. It's not as good as the other two, for sure. But Terrifier the first one. The woman who is in the movie, and if you've seen it, you're gonna remember her because this woman.
Speaker 1: Is now suing.
Speaker 4: She was featured in a nude scene in the movie. Here's the lady in question and the.
Speaker 1: Scene where they sliced her in half from her She was upside down and they sliced from her.
Speaker 2: General was not in that if I remember correctly, was it?
Speaker 4: I don't remember if they highlighted her face or not, because her naked body was just upside down for most of the time that I think she was on screen. But she's suing the Staten Island filmmakers behind Terrfire over the scene she was in and unpaid royalties.
Speaker 3: And here's what the story says.
Speaker 1: An actress who appeared in Terrifier is suing the creators the popular horror franchise over what she alleges to be breach of contract and distribution of sexually explicitals without consent.
Speaker 3: She says, waits kit of a hold on is.
Speaker 1: She arguing that if they stop paying her, that they're now distributing the materials without consent. I think part of the whole contract of being in the movie is you consent for the materials to be distributed.
Speaker 2: Correct, and her character's body was portrayed, but it wasn't second like it was her. I can't believe they cut me in half. I could not tell. I mean unless you you only know that it's her because of the timeline of it. If I were to show you just the picture of it for a jury, the picture of it, how are you going to associate it to this woman that's doing.
Speaker 4: I think, even though this is probably the most famous scene for Terrifier, this right now, looking at the article in front of me, is the first time that I've seen this woman's face.
Speaker 3: I ever saw her face before.
Speaker 4: I just knew the scene where it wasn't really about her face, it was about sawing her in half. But she assuming One portion of the lawsuit was over pay disputes. She claimed that she agreed to work for a daily rate of one hundred on the basis that she'd receive one percent of the profits generated from Terrifier, including box office, streaming, live events, and merchandise. Damian Leone, He's the creator, and Phil Falcone allegedly failed to pay her sufficient royalties. With her payoff from the sequel intermittently amounting to a measly eight three hundred dollars, the payments became more and more sporadic and dwindled to amounts nowhere near commensurate. She said, when she challenged your bosses, they brushed it off, like, first of all, the idea that you got a back end deal on this movie is something that most people aren't seeing. And they said the sequel, But I think she was from the first Terrifier, And if that's the one, then you know that movie did not make a lot of money. Obviously, the new Terrifier did. Another aspect of her lawsuit against her former employees was the nude scene and the first Terrifier film, where she was topless before her death. Her lawyers alleged that the film never obtained her informed written consent to be filmed nude, which is acquired by the screen Actors Guild. The lawsuit also revealed one alleged moment. By the way, she wasn't a member of the Screen Actor's Guild, nor was it a Screen Actor's Guild production, so I don't know why that matters. The lawsuit also revealed one alleged moment when Phil Falcone took numerous still photographs of topless Catherine without her written consent. The final point of the lawsuit was the inhumane conditions in which she was expected to work, including long hours and below freezing temperatures and condemned buildings and without heat and some without bathrooms, having prosthetics with actual rat feces put over her skin and duct tape over her mouth. She said, so she is now suing. Obviously that movie has become and the series has become very.
Speaker 2: Successes she done any movies after that? Is that why she?
Speaker 1: I don't know Catherine Corkoran is her name? How does she even know the rat feces thing? Did the makeup artists come be like, all right, now we're gonna sprinkle on the rat feces, and just so you know, these are real rat feces. We had to make sure this looks legit. Here we at the extra mile. Yeah, she isn't some stuff.
Speaker 3: Would they give her a back end deal like this because it was a small production and yeah, but they came.
Speaker 1: In and they said she She claims she reached the deal for one percent of all profits across the franchise.
Speaker 4: That means she was in Terrifier one and Terrifier two according to her IMDb.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter even if she wasn't in Terrifier two. This says all profits across the franchise, at least on the headline. I'm reading that means she should be getting money for Terrifier one, Terrifier two. She should be getting a piece of whatever the they whatever deal they made to put a Terrifier haunted house at Halloween.
Speaker 2: Horrorites and three did the best, right, was.
Speaker 12: It not that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Number one of the box office for I think two weeks, I believe, I think two weekends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if that's true, if she got one percent of the whole franchise, she definitely deserves more than a poultry eighty three hundred dollars. Right, we're way behind.
Speaker 3: We got to quick break. We'll come back and finish this up.
Speaker 4: We got a lot more to get to South Park guys are in trouble. It's all coming up next to the news junkie. I talked to Courdy about this during the break, and she's like mega Terrifier fan, the woman in question who's now suing Terrifier and the people behind the very famous, very shocking Halloween trilogy. So far, she was the scarecrow in the very first movie, and she was like one of the key people in that first movie.
Speaker 3: And then she was murdered in a very gruesome shocking way.
Speaker 4: They sawed threw her in half from her genitals down upside down, and it's a very notable scene in the movie. And then I said to Corney, like, well, obviously she was dead. How is she listed as in the Second Terrifier? And the Second Terrifier? I think they just throw back to that moment. So it includes footage from the first movie in one part, and it's like, Okay, we're reflecting back onto the fact that she was here, So technically she's in the second one too.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: The most key thing that was said during this story about her suing the creators of this Terrifier franchise is what Selane said, and if she was given one percent of everything, of the entirety of the franchise, Well, then she'd.
Speaker 3: Probably owth some money eight eight thousand, more than eight Yeah, it's more than eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: But if she was given one percent of the profits of the first terrifier, meaning that it would be one percent at eight thousand dollars, or that movie maybe has profited eight hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: That would line up.
Speaker 4: That probably makes sense that once that movie got into a space where it was profitable, that it's made eight hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: On a technicality.
Speaker 2: Isn't that something though, that you know you have copies of signing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, definitely definitely.
Speaker 4: I think what happens here sometimes though, is people go, now, this series is big, and it's made so much money, and now I don't feel like I got enough of it. But if she got one percent of the whole thing, then eight thousand dollars wouldn't be enough. But that that seems kind of crazy to me. I bet, I bet she got one percent of the first one, she claimed.
Speaker 1: According to the I think this was the website you had up the tab, she claimed that she agreed to work for a daily rate of just one hundred dollars. She only made one hundred dollars a day. God, yeah, because she got that back end.
Speaker 4: I would work on a movie for one hundred dollars a day for one percent, Yeah, I would do.
Speaker 2: Like she really believed that it was going to turn into what Terrifier is now.
Speaker 1: You know, you always have the option not to do it.
Speaker 4: But if you think that the movie has any potential at all and they want to give you a percentage of the back end, it's yeah, that's valuable.
Speaker 1: That's it. Said she one percent of the profits generated from Terrifier, including box office, streaming, live events, and merchandise. If her contract really was for the entire franchise, who that is? That is a big piece of.
Speaker 2: Money lawyers attached to it.
Speaker 1: So that's what the court's for.
Speaker 3: That's what the court's for.
Speaker 4: The court will work out whether or not she made this deal or it's not the deal or whatever. They'll work all this stuff out because once you make the claims and then on one hand, people might go, I want this to go away. I don't want us to be seen as taking advantage of people who are part of this process. On the other hand, maybe she's completely full of it, and they have the documentation to prove it, and then the case just gets squashed.
Speaker 3: It could go either way.
Speaker 4: Just because an attorney brings up it takes a lawsuit does not really mean much about the chances of that lawsuit being victorious if it goes all the way through and is presented to some in.
Speaker 2: Comparison of like we you know, right before you talked about her lawsuit was the perfect neighbor lady who has just made a statement of the press that she wants to sue the kids whose mother she shopped at. Yes, versus like this lawsuit's actually going to make itself into a civil court, so therefore yours some legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I guess the attorneys would in this case much more see that the target has money to go after, as opposed to the victims of a woman who was murdered the family members of a murder victim. I guess I should say like that a lot of attorneys are going to go no.
Speaker 1: No, she'll probably file that herself.
Speaker 4: All right, A couple of things here, We've got a lot of ground to cover, So I want to start doing this one story that I was talking a bit about over the weekend, which I thought was kind of interesting was there were no rap songs in the top forty for the first time in thirty five years as of this week, Like, what are we're talking? Billboard Billboard top forty, there were no rap songs in the top forty four.
Speaker 1: Think about that for a second.
Speaker 4: For the first time in thirty five years, your whole life ceiling, there has been a rap song in the top forty. And for the first time because they made a couple of rule changes about how the rankings work, it cleared them out. And there's some discussion is like, is this it because previous too, Let's try to work this out. In the mid nineties, rap exploded started earlier than that, I understand, but rap became a mass media machine in the mid nineties and became incredibly profitable and massive and controlled much of culture throughout the two thousands. That only grew, and that maintained throughout you know, the last and full of years here. But now that seemed to be slipping, which would say that rap is maybe gonna fall down after thirty five years as essentially the top format before that teen ninety five and before, I think you would say that probably rock was dominated in the nineties, eighties, certainly seventies, like it was probably thirty five years of rock that was dominating before that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean today was the anniversary of Ice Ice Baby, which was claimed to be the first rap song on the charts. Sure at least the first hit number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now they said for the first time because Kendrick Lamar and Scissors Luther has exited the Billboard Hot one hundred, there is a three decade long streak that has ended for rap music.
Speaker 1: So then these new rules that they've made for Billboard uh huh are kind of curious because wasn't a mister Brightside like on the Billboard one hundred for years and years and years and years and years. And now I think they they may have either fallen off on their own or become victim to these new rules. Yes, do you know what?
Speaker 3: You know what ends up happening here?
Speaker 4: I'm not even looking at it almost guarantee you The Billboard Top forty is like half Taylor Swift because she just dropped a.
Speaker 1: New album, right like you might be all.
Speaker 3: Right, let's give it a go, it's gonna be who ever just dropped.
Speaker 4: A new album and it's streaming numbers and it's weak to week changes, and there's an algorithm that they're using Taylor Swift. Is it like it's probably gonna be like all one artist whoever's got the big thing of the moment, and then if you haven't like made progress up the charts in X amount of time, they pull you off the list.
Speaker 2: So tell Swift? Number one too? Was is Golden by Hunter And I don't even know how to say this name.
Speaker 1: I don't know that song X E J A E.
Speaker 2: Then Ordinary Alex Warren, and then you have Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Olivia Dean, and then we're getting into the top ten.
Speaker 4: Because Justin Bieber has a newer album out too, I think right. And so I have the question that I ask you at this point of the show, is is this a sign that maybe rap music has had its moments another format is going to sort of take over here? Or are they manipulating the numbers? Rap music is still the biggest format. I don't know, And judging by that, I don't even know what the call Taylor Swift anymore. I guess I would call her pop music. But I don't know if pop music is going to have a huge round here and stay on top for a while. It does look like there's some sort of seed change happening in the music world, though, So let us know what you think, all right. I wanted to share this because a lot of people were talking about it. It's brutal, man brutal, a guy playing for the Washington team, the Commanders, I believe, these days with an injury, showing you just how things can go in the football world. And this was on Sunday Night football. I'll share this for the folks on the stream real quick. And I hope he's doing okay.
Speaker 1: It is not good.
Speaker 3: It is not good.
Speaker 4: So they were taking him down, you see, the tough thing happens to him. That happens so often. You want to brace yourself and so when you're being tackled and when you're falling, you attempt and he's doing it right here in this moment. He puts his hand down on the turf to stop his body from falling.
Speaker 1: Just what you do.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 3: Oh yikes, oh yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: You can see right.
Speaker 4: Right there, oh ye, completely his arm completely twists behind him.
Speaker 1: That is lit.
Speaker 4: I could see his face react to it immediately like you know, something has gone wrong here, But I think it's something you cannot stop yourself from doing, like our bodies just want to put out a limb.
Speaker 2: I think that though, well, he's going to have some weeks off the field. It's not like a complete breakage of the actual bone. Technically, that just.
Speaker 1: Did it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, yeah, this says dislocated. This says a mid horrific injury. Dislocated elbow is what they're saying.
Speaker 3: He says he missed.
Speaker 4: He will missed several games with a dislocated elbow. Mri I on Monday will reveal more. So they don't know exactly how bad this is inside, but yeah, this is that's a tough one to see, man. And they added all all the players started pouring out onto the field from both teams actually or or certainly his team was out there on the field to to say like, hey, we got to make sure you're okay here late in the game injury. I'll put that up on see it now during the break as well, so we could take a peek at this. But it is absolutely brutal to watch one more thing for now, the government shutdown is still underway, as many of you know, and most of you aren't really impacted by this, but some people are. Some young kids on particular government programs will be impacted by this. There are forty two million Americans still a shocking number on Snap benefits or food stamps that are as of a couple of days ago, impacted by this in most states, meaning they won't get their money to go out and get groceries and stuff a lot of them. Here's the key thing to remember. And I know some of you don't really care about this. I believe, and I think a lot of people believe that forty two million people relying on Snap benefits for their kids is too much. It's crazy, like there has to be some percentage of that that is taking some advantage. I don't think it's a big percentage, but I think we shouldn't have forty two million, and we didn't. By the way, in like the eighties and nineties, we had about half that taking these these snap payments or food stamps whatever you wan to call him.
Speaker 3: A snap is like the newer terminology for this. Usually the actual stamps. At one point they were yeah, yeah, they in the that was his card. Right in the very early two thousands are around there, they changed to a card.
Speaker 4: And the card would just be like EBT or whatever when you scanned it. But prior to that they would have actual stamps that you would you would.
Speaker 3: Have to use for your food.
Speaker 2: But to be eligible for that, you're submitting something, right, like some sort of proof that that's.
Speaker 3: Any way I need it in most states.
Speaker 4: One of the things I didn't like was I saw that the Trump administration wanted to do an audit of all of the states and the people these forty two million people on the SNAP benefits program, which seems logical to me, Let's make sure that everybody who who needs this and is relying on this and should get it, that most people think they should get it are getting it, and that the people are like taking advantage in some way aren't. And when he did that, a list of states, I think almost twenty states not only decided that weren't going to participate in an audit of this SNAP program, but many of them decided to actively sue the Trump administration for trying to confirm that these people were or should have been able to get access to those benefits.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: I think this should be clear and people should make sure and states should make sure that these people are folks who really do need this and are the right recipients for these funds. And it looks like a lot of states run by Democratic leaders were like, Nope, we're not going to do that, We're not going to participate, or we're even going to sue you for trying to see if there's any kind of corruption or people taking advantage on the program. That said, I haven't looked at this in a little while, but I think the numbers that I'll give you are pretty accurate.
Speaker 3: You'll find.
Speaker 4: On the SNAP programs it's about twenty five percent single moms, all right, So this isn't like a bunch of young kids on the street taking advantage of a government program. It's about twenty five percent single mothers who claim these kind of benefits that haven't been getting them. Well, this is the first week of not being able to get access to these funds. Now I have permitted some use of this. I'll talk about that in a bit. But the government shutdown rolls on, and the forty two million Americans who get the federal food aid are struggling with that, and as a result, some places are popping up with ideas. Carl's Junior in particular in California, they are offering meals to people who have these snap.
Speaker 3: Benefits for one dollar.
Speaker 4: One dollar, and you can get a meal at these Carl's Junior locations.
Speaker 3: And there's over three hundred of them, and they are not the only one.
Speaker 4: Right, people, if you pull up to some restaurants and food places, now, do you show them your EBT card and they will give you a deal like this where you can get a meal for like a dollar. It brings me back to a lot of the labor disputes in places like Lousiana, New Orleans in particular. It's literally the reason why there's a sandwich called a po boy. When all of these like labor disputes and stuff were going on and people weren't getting paid, the restaurants stepped up and they were like, we'll give you extra stuff that.
Speaker 3: We put together in this sandwich.
Speaker 4: We'll call it a po boy, and we'll make it insanely cheap so you can afford it too because of your situation.
Speaker 1: Seems kind of helpful and insulting at the same time. A little bit yes, but now this is happening. There's WPTV Welcome to carls. Oh you uh you want the Snap deal. Yeah we got, we got, we got an order for the Loser po boys coming through.
Speaker 3: This is from WPTV.
Speaker 4: They said around one hundred and sixty seven thousand people in Palm Beach County alone rely on Snap benefits. And they said, uh, because this is stopped. There are a bunch of places. There's a place called Howley's, which is a great diner in West pomp Beach that have been to many times. A place called Hullabaloo Elsa Gundo places giving out free meals, are very discounted meals. So this has kind of been something that's popped up in the wake of all of this, and it's just now in the very beginning stages of their they're having issues with these Snap benefits not getting funded. So let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch with your thoughts. If you're being impacted by that, I'll tell you do. Be aware that there's an absolute metric s ton of fake videos on this topic. Fake videos of people going I got twelve kids and you know, like fake, they're fake, they're fake videos. Fox News ran a story that had a couple of them, I believe, and had.
Speaker 3: To run a correction.
Speaker 4: Yes, they had to run a correction saying some of the story some of the videos, including the original story, were AI and many people are falling for those. So it's just something to keep in mind. We're gonna take quick break. When we come back, we'll get into a breakthrough an AI. The South Park guys are in big trouble. I'll finally pay that off, and it's coming up next on the new US junk Key.
Speaker 1: A lot on the way.
Speaker 4: As we roll on in the show, somebody at Chat in the break was like, Sean, I think you're conflating two stories and mixing some things up on the Snap food stamps thing. I'm not I know a lot of people don't know about this because it hasn't really it hasn't been like a big story at all. But it's absolutely true that the US Department of Agriculture said to all of the states, here's what we want. We want to do a report and we want to make a data sharing agreement with you. We want to see all of the people who are getting Snap benefits ATKA food stamps in your states, we want to ensure that people on this list are you know, in the country legally and that they are you know, qualified to get these benefits, and or so states plus Washington, DC rejected that. They said, no, we're not going to work with the USDA. We're not going to give up the information of these people, said that they can do an audit of the forty plus million people on food Stamps benefits in the United States.
Speaker 3: And in fact, a couple of.
Speaker 4: Those states decided to actually sue as a result of the demand. And right now, the reason why nobody's really heard about that is because those lawsuits are still pending. Right the lawsuits will probably go all the way to the Supreme Court to determine whether or not the federal government can demand data from citizens of states and whether or not the states can withhold that data if they don't want to give it to the federal government. That's where all of this is coming from, or at least one one thing in the mix there, I would say, but no, I wasn't mixing things up. I know that there were other lawsuits about the Feds drying up access to the snap benefits and stuff, but that's not what I was referring to. I did see that there was like hold on benefits. I did say there was some like last minute thing the White House that is going to make partial payments this month.
Speaker 3: This was from the New York Times.
Speaker 4: The roughly forty two million Americans receive aid will get only partial payments from the federal government this month, the Trump administration told a federal judge. The administration said it would not tap additional money to fund full payments in November. At the same time, a separate food aid program for low income women called WICK received temporary funding. Now I'm trying to see about the partial funds and what they're going to get. The government revealed its plans and two sets of court filings. Roughly one in eight families that receive SNAP. I mean that is crazy. One in eight families get SNAP benefits. They may still be at risk of the inminute hunger and danger. They so they haven't said when this is going to go out, but at least some portion of these people will get some portion of their benefits. I imagine for them, those the people that really actually need it. It's probably frustrating because you're not hearing enough. But that's all I can tell you for right now. I'll keep an eye on it because obviously that's a story people are talking about.
Speaker 3: Not too many people talking about this yet, but I wonder.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Matt Stone and Trey Parker of South Park are regretting buying this Cassaita place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder. I wonder because.
Speaker 4: Right most is the way, and I don't know if I know anybody else that's been. It's pretty popular if you go to Denver, I think, right that's where it is. I think it's in the Denver area in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, I guess I should stay right or I should should stay at this if you don't know. Cassaita is what we call like a gimmick restaurant or like a like a theme restaurant. The restaurant, it's like not a theme park, but a theme restaurant.
Speaker 2: May I can think of is like if you're an Epcot, there's themes to that, or if you go to like what is it that there that really mean to you?
Speaker 3: There's the theme class resort.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's the way this is set up is there are performers, there's people who are cliff divers, there are people who.
Speaker 3: Play various roles.
Speaker 4: There, singers, and they're they're like actors in the restaurant. And then there's the serving staff in the restaurant. And now some of the workers are striking. They're on strike and they don't want to work. And now I guess Brookshields made a video targeting Matt Stone and Trade Parker, which is hilarious because they made fun of her in the South Park movie the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how does brookshield is uptack?
Speaker 3: This is from Cassa Benita United.
Speaker 4: It says Brookshields, on behalf of their union has made this video.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I'll play the video for it. Here's Brookshields.
Speaker 6: Been trying nice to meet you. As you know, I'm the president of Actors Association, the union that represents the performers who work for you at Casapona.
Speaker 4: Okay, So she is the president of the union that the Casabonito workers fall under.
Speaker 3: So she does have a tie in.
Speaker 6: You probably know that you've been in bargaining for their first Gamian contract for quite a while now, but maybe you don't know that your restaurant management has been playing really fasting news with this bargaining process and it's just not respectful to performers who put them all into making Casaba the one of a kying destination that it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know why her voice outs so bizarre. I think she sounds like it does a little bit. I think she just was too loud on the original recording or something you created.
Speaker 6: And things are kind of escalating, and I just want to say that these workers are not making a living age, like, actually not.
Speaker 1: You're not making a living wage.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: They stop it from being destroyed.
Speaker 1: Closed they did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they saved it from being destroyed and closed down because it was important to their childhood, they said. And then they put a big investment in revamping, a lot of money, and they kicked it back open and it's been you know, I guess at.
Speaker 3: Least remotely popular since then.
Speaker 4: And then now they're having a problem because the workers who are the actors in particular, want more money.
Speaker 6: In fact, they are being paid less than their co workers who are actually serving the food.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I don't know if Brookshields realized that that's kind of rude. She's like, the actors at Casabunina are being paid less than the workers who are serving.
Speaker 2: The food, the servants, I mean, the.
Speaker 1: Hold on the shouldn't you say like, hey, we want them to make more money too, like we want everybody to.
Speaker 4: Make more money, Like the actors are making less than the servants. I don't know if that lands the way she thinks it does, but they're demanding more money. I saw some people say, hey, if you are an actor at Cassa Bina, you're making like thirty bucks an hour. Do you really think you deserve more than that? And I don't know if that's true or not, but Brooke Shields is joining this. They now have, at least some of them are in a union called Cassa Benita United, and they're pushing hard.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the.
Speaker 4: South Parkers are like, geez, we could have stayed out of this, We really really could, and now we find ourselves with this headache on our hands just for wanting to keep Castle Banita open. We'll see what they say, if they respond to this at all, but yeah, it's a big thing. Save the Cassa characters, they say, And they said they're cutting hours of work and et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Over at Castle Benita.
Speaker 1: Tell us what you think excuse me tell us what you think over on the website with a dispatch and we'll get into the final dispatches. I'll get into emails as well. Stories that didn't make the cut today, learn final clips.
Speaker 6: All of the.
Speaker 4: Final stuff is coming up next in the news chunk Key join us all week long on the show for all things viral and some good times and laughs and you know, whatever else happens along the way. As per usual, learn more about the show over on the website thenews junkie dot com. Let's see what we got here for you on the way. I guess we could start playing it by playing a couple of dispatch.
Speaker 3: Dispatch a lot of time. Simon will probably only play really pushing.
Speaker 4: The limits today, really pushing the limits. Let's see we're going to work in here. Here's somebody talking about.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the Casa Bonita South Park.
Speaker 8: Those guys, it's hilarious kind of and when you think about it, because they there's a documentary on the whole thing of them buying that place, and they initially wanted to buy it and renovate, and they had budgeted like three million dollars whoops, and it ended up costing them like twenty million dollars or something like that. They just went so ridiculously way over budget, and now for all this to be happening, I feel bad for him.
Speaker 1: Poor guys.
Speaker 2: Did they just sign a multi billion dollar deal?
Speaker 1: They did, But I don't know if this place is making money, like I don't know.
Speaker 4: If Casabanina is printing money, then you'll make a deal with these people. If Casabanina is not, maybe it was supposed to close all along. Maybe they shouldn't have siten. Let's see, here's I don't want to hear another daylight saving time ran.
Speaker 3: Here's Instacre Wallris.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you about the gamble that is taking points or percentages of a movie when you're a part of making that movie. March of two thousand and three, while we were invading Iraq as a country, I was in Nashville filming a movie that we shot mostly in a non open well.
Speaker 1: While it was not open.
Speaker 13: Swingers Club anyways, it had a B list celebrity D list celebrities in it at best, Jackson Bostwick, the guy who played Captain Marvel on TV like Saturday morning TV shows.
Speaker 1: But we had Isaac Hayes in it.
Speaker 13: I figured well, you know, this seems like it might do something, especially among a certain viewership. It definitely might do something. It was called Dodge City, a spaghetto Western.
Speaker 3: It didn't take off.
Speaker 13: I was offered anybody on the crew that wants to take a percentage of the points will split a five percent amongst those crew members. As far as I know, only myself and one of the crew member took the points on that you get, and so it would have been about two and a half percent. That would be where to ever be released, and as far as I know, it has not yet been sold.
Speaker 1: It's got an IMDb page it says two thousand and four, Son of a bitch, we gotta get the hell out of here. Let's do Today.
Speaker 3: I learned the.
Speaker 9: Following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cockyw it's done or what we come to today?
Speaker 1: A man, wasn't it too?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: Really?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 3: Learned this.
Speaker 4: By the way, your video looked great. I updated some of the video dispatch stuff. It looks fantastic.
Speaker 3: Today learned this This.
Speaker 4: Band fall Out Boy, that's correct, Fallout Boys, Bassis Pete Wentz is actually Jamaican, depending on what any of this stuff means. He's technically one quarter Jamaican, although you wouldn't know it if you just look at him up there on the stage jumping around and swinging his bass.
Speaker 3: And ruining windsurf the fire No that too, yeah, yeah, right when we come well, we're not coming back. We'll come back tomorrow. We will do that, I promise, Same time, same place.
Speaker 4: Miss it to the show, get the podcast over on the website thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next time.
Speaker 1: Everybody got it coming dance, cried the most.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: Let's stock getting thought it.
Speaker 5: You're going, I said, M going dancing, John, Let's go getting caught it.