Speaker 1: Miss a play.
Speaker 2: We've got a wild Wednesday, it's this Saturday's game.
Speaker 3: Gonna know the turn your mic out?
Speaker 4: Did We've got a wild and k we got shot the York Gosh, Saturday's game.
Speaker 2: Be calling for eleven right now to win a pair of tickets.
Speaker 1: Take on the Annaheim.
Speaker 5: Call.
Speaker 1: Now we heard like half of that. Let's go yeah some hockey baby, no idea.
Speaker 6: That's right, So Sauce turned off his mic. Yeah see that was eighty seven.
Speaker 1: Sau This is Sauce. You already in like five ten minutes. You're gonna have pages with it.
Speaker 3: What happened to you being written up?
Speaker 1: Nothing? But my plan is underway.
Speaker 7: Okay, here's how you come back. You write down the fact that Corey's writing you up. That that's offensive.
Speaker 6: So it's like inceptions, dream dream within dream, and it spins on itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah he said, she said, there seems like I don't want to do that. Yeah, all right, well played.
Speaker 3: Some spouts.
Speaker 8: Yeah sure, it's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Builders and Remodelers'.
Speaker 1: Actually pretty bored with sports.
Speaker 6: Everything we've not talked about that is interesting for somebody right now, what's interesting that that we have not discussed.
Speaker 1: It's like the wild loss of a vice plan Sunday.
Speaker 3: The Tom Brady is coming to America. That's interesting. Yes, he's opening a store called Card Vault.
Speaker 6: Card Vault Cardaul tom Brady Trading Cards opens.
Speaker 3: On Sunday at the blooming To Mega Mall, an event at five o'clock. He'll be in the Huntingdon Bank Rotunda, which is I believe your nickname in high school.
Speaker 1: Saw it wasn't sponsored, Oh it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Okay, an interactive fan experience, exclusive giveaways, and Tom Brady'll be there.
Speaker 1: No kidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Wow, when was the last time you called it the Mega Mall. I've never heard that back. It was a thing for a.
Speaker 1: Really long time. I call it that a long time. Yeah. When hawks said, I was like, I've never heard that before. I always call it the Megamore. Really. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think Mall of America has done a lot to try to rebrand it, to say may because I would argue for most of the nineties and early two thousands, everybody's like, let's go to the Mega Mall. Really that was kind of the nickname when they just like, I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Take that name.
Speaker 6: Mway is sweet. How hey advertising works. They tried to brand it MA for a long, long timeline, not that I ever go there, But then he said Mega Mall, and it just when I went right back into the old habits and say yeah, let's go to the Mega Mall. I honestly like, right away I thought it was a different place until I put Bloomington next together.
Speaker 1: What did you say?
Speaker 3: That was Hawk Sunday.
Speaker 1: So he must not be doing the gas game right now, he's doing our.
Speaker 9: Game and then he's just going to go over there from there at noon, and then he is doing our game.
Speaker 1: Zach is saying, yes, he is.
Speaker 7: That would make sense to taking off of covering a game.
Speaker 1: He's definitely. Yeah, Well there you go.
Speaker 3: So if you want to see what he looks like in real life, there he is.
Speaker 1: Go to the Mega Mall. Meg Yeah, great spot. I love the Megamall. It loves you. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true, do you actually?
Speaker 1: I actually do? Yeah, big fan, it's fun.
Speaker 10: I grew up in Bloomington, been there a million times, and and last couple of weeks ago I went there after the show, so I got there kind of early before the stores were opened, that that morning walking the maker. Yeah, that's legit, man, Like, there's a lot of people purpose man.
Speaker 1: Get those steps in. I was that.
Speaker 11: That's why she lived to be ninety nine and still is on Facebook and and driving and sharp as attack until she was in her final weeks.
Speaker 10: In all ages, I wasn't, you know. It wasn't just you know, the older people, it was. It was all ages of people in groups were walking. It was I was, I was, And it wasn't even that cold yet. People in their twenties were real Uh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thirties, yeah, forties as a matter of fact, yes, sixties blows your mind, but they're there.
Speaker 1: Fifties, even the fifties, teens, even fifties, the teens. Yep, I saw some teens, kids under ten.
Speaker 10: I saw some kids walking with some with some twenty and thirty year olds.
Speaker 1: And that's everybody, Yes, that is everybody. What about Hawk's favorite people in their nineties?
Speaker 10: Oh oh absolutely they were there more for the people watching, you know, they were kind of hanging out of the benches, but they were there.
Speaker 6: If we run out of things to say, absolutely, octagenarians were they there?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? People who get oxygen. Eight of them.
Speaker 6: People that get oxygen, but of course they were sauce.
Speaker 1: Would you do those?
Speaker 6: Would you do an endorsement for those like portable oxygen packs?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I'll probably need one in like two years.
Speaker 6: That would be a great bit. I've heard these kick ass. Eventually, I'll beyond this. Oh no, ahead of man, I'm gonna see you on the Game Show Network promoting portable oxygen tanks.
Speaker 1: I'm going to see you in hell.
Speaker 6: Okay nine eight twenty seven, Paul said, I'll see you in hell.
Speaker 3: Ron Marino always believed the heavy woolen New York Yankees jersey hanging in his closet since nineteen fifty nine had been worn by Yogi Barra, even though it had a number thirty five on the back rather than Bearra's famous number eight.
Speaker 6: I don't even know where this is going. I just love that you started with the even it was the wrong number.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Fifty years later, Marino and his son Matt put their belief through the best identification authentification test they could find. In two thousand and nine, they brought the jersey to Barra himself, eighty four years old, during an autograph session for Barra. It was like deja vu all over again.
Speaker 1: Get it, yep.
Speaker 3: If we had any apprehension, any skepticism that it wasn't his, he looked at it and tears walled up in his eyes. Marino said, he said, how'd you get this? I haven't seen this since nineteen forty seven. It's now up for auction bidding for the autographed Barrow jersey number thirty five from his rookie season. Yeah, he is already up around two hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 10: That's because, yeah, like there's a lot of guys that just kind of get handed numbers right when you get brought up. I mean I wore number fifty minute. I had two different numbers actually through preseason in Florida, number fifty in number something else.
Speaker 3: Your number fifty jerseys up for auction, right, it's up to forty nine cents. Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm honored.
Speaker 11: Someone Watts, I'll give you ten dollars on.
Speaker 1: That twenty X in about thirteen seconds.
Speaker 3: The jersey's journey into Marino's hands more than sixty five years ago happened thanks to a trip to the Boys and Girls Club by his cousin Sonny in East Harlem in nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 1: Incredible. Wow.
Speaker 3: I know Sonny happened to be at the club one day when the Yankees delivered a card box full of used jerseys. The club allowed each child to pull one jersey out of the box, and his uncle pulled that one out.
Speaker 1: Wow, what at what a lot oft? Yeah? Good for him to hang on.
Speaker 11: Just going to say that, I can't imagine hanging onto something like that for so long and then.
Speaker 10: Realizing I think that somebody must have been like, you know, that's probably Yogi's from when he first, Like somebody might have tipped him offer almost It's just incredible for them to just hang on to a random jersey for that long.
Speaker 6: That's how I feel about all my ninja turtles. Eventually they're going to pay off. I have so many of them, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Killing something any babies when I was younger, did you really?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: How so? So I had a.
Speaker 11: Bunch of them, and once they started gaining value, my parents were you suggested, like, you know, you can hang out of these and they may have some value. And there were some things that I wanted to purchase, and so we looked into it and I made I think. I was like, I don't know, fifteen and I made a couple of grand off of selling.
Speaker 1: Them.
Speaker 11: We listed them on well, actually, what's funny the little ads in the newspaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, old school yep.
Speaker 11: And then I remember we met somebody in the McDonald's parking lot by my house. We met somebody else in the school parking lot. I didn't have anybody all mustaches.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can.
Speaker 6: I didn't have anyone of them have a Channel four microphone.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: One more thing about this, by the way, that makes it even cooler. They went to a different authenticator, the Professional Sports Authenticator. They found a picture of Yogi Barra wearing that exact jersey in his second game of his rookie season April seventeenth, nineteen forty seven to two to one win over the Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: That's a badass.
Speaker 3: That was just so all these kind of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's from the athletic Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: May do a good job.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's more and or twenty seven for a while and switched to thirty threeks.
Speaker 1: He was just given twenty seven and he wanted it because of Patrick waugh On. Correct, he likes hockey. Yeah, he loves. I love it is that I made a killing and it was like two grand.
Speaker 11: It was like four thousand, maybe three thousand bucks. And this person just madere gonna make two hundred.
Speaker 1: It's a ton of money for a fourteen that was pumped. I was pretty excited. A ton of money, you spend it on one place? I did well. No, And honestly I saved a lot of it too. But say for college. Yeah, Paul, If you save money sometimes it can can help you down the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's saving it for Vegas.
Speaker 1: Just I saved money. Man.
Speaker 3: You know what do good for you?
Speaker 1: It's good every month.
Speaker 3: A Canadian radar technician, why, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: They're making fun of me for saving money.
Speaker 3: You know what, I didn't even hear it. It's I'm so used to it.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: A Canadian radar technician was up there and at his Arctic outpost and he saw some polar bears. So he went out and started taking picture of him because they're polar bears. You don't see it very often. Pretty cool, they're being polar bears, and of course they ate them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bears.
Speaker 3: They sure did. Christopher Best thirty four.
Speaker 10: There's there's a There is a saying when it comes to bears, if it's brown, laid down. If it's black, fight back, and if it's white, say good nights.
Speaker 1: They are killers. Uh huh? He what they want anything.
Speaker 3: He left the safety of his Revert Island facility the day after he arrived there to work, started taking pictures and he walked past the sign said don't go past here because those are bears, and they they If you heard.
Speaker 1: Why turn it right.
Speaker 6: The very last photo looked like a dental X ray of the polar bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he snapped a photos of an enormous animal that he thought was all by itself.
Speaker 1: I'll bet you were we talking.
Speaker 3: Uh six seven ninety pounds, that huge bitch.
Speaker 1: Bigger, But what he didn't know, way bigger.
Speaker 3: He was taking pictures of a bear he thought was alone while the other ones went, sh I gotta go around behind him, the raptors toes and showing your muscles.
Speaker 1: They know what they're doing.
Speaker 6: Some polar bears out there just strutting its ass, making distracting.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just a mistake after mistake, this classic bear tactics.
Speaker 1: Alone with good Lord, this guy was just wanted to be eating. Yeah, probably maybe not enough. One can not be the most fun way to go. Probably not No, No, you got to hope that the left hook just the first one. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 10: Whatever the figure out is, please make it be the last the old swipe for me.
Speaker 1: Yep, there you go. So there you go.
Speaker 3: That's sports.
Speaker 1: That was sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't have any.
Speaker 6: Tom Brady's coming to the megamall Yeah, Yogi Barrow wore multiple numbers.
Speaker 1: And the Bears some dumb ass. The Bears are going to feast on Sunday, and they feasted on Christopher Best.
Speaker 3: I dare you Cory Worst.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they thought he was the best. Check the Yelp reviews. We'll see what they think. It's a man's life. I'm joking about, but I mean, whatever you do, that's what I do on brand my headlines.
Speaker 1: Next, this is the won't show on the fan.
Speaker 2: We have your shot at tickets to Sunday's divisional battle all week long by showing us your purple preset said kfan is a preset on the iHeartRadio app. Screenshot it posted with hashtag kfan purple preset to your social media. Make sure to follow and take kfan as well. Winners will be DMed this Friday. Get the full red full rules at KFA dot com.
Speaker 1: Hewbred Contests.
Speaker 3: Today, full cast characters over there today. I ever mind, that's right twenty four, But you don't mind. You don't care if it's not a twenty four right now where you're listening. You might be listening to the podcast. It might be midnight right now, it might be in the shower listening to us.
Speaker 1: It's five o'clock somewhere.
Speaker 3: You want to think about it?
Speaker 1: Oh my boy? Is it? It is somewhere like Dova was an awkward And I told Ben Mallard that multiple times. And I hear his voice in the shower every morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he he sent a letter to HR.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true though.
Speaker 6: Every day every day he's doing his Mallard monologues and I'm just scrubbing, yep, just seventy a shower. I'm a never knew fume. Yeah, I'm a never knew you can't do it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that, No, I can't. I didn't know exactly where Jeane shorts in the showers.
Speaker 10: That was nothing more comfortable, nothing more comfortable than they go wet.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you should try, dude, it's a it's a lifestyle choice, but it works, not saper.
Speaker 1: Whatever makes you feel good, do you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to play this sight unseen because it seems fascinating to me. There's a newly discovered species of bees.
Speaker 1: Ugh hees what they do? Maybe they're nice? Beat me?
Speaker 3: Well, these are called the devil bee, so I'm gonnaet sooner.
Speaker 13: Thankscellent is called mega Kylie lucifer because it sports a pair of little devil like horns. The bee was found in Western Australia in twenty nineteen and described in a study published this week in the Journal of timon up Terra Research. Lead author Kit Prendergast said that she was writing about the insect while watching the Netflix show Lucifer, and the name fit perfectly.
Speaker 3: I'm Michael Kassner. That's too much information.
Speaker 1: It's a long name, but it sounded like a really cool name. Yeah, but there were some big words in that. That's a terrible name. Well, Corey saying Lucifer.
Speaker 3: The devil bee.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look as scary as if.
Speaker 3: I just kind of looks like it doesn't look like the devil I.
Speaker 11: Mean, it definitely has little horns on it.
Speaker 1: Box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't make it weird.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. What else am I going to do that? Duh? Thanks? Really? All right?
Speaker 6: Now Shine for headline headlines brought to you by my friends at Wolf River Electric and Wolf River Electric dot Com, Go Solar, get solar panels, put on I did.
Speaker 1: It's sweet? You should too. Thanks, It's awesome one nice guys. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm a skeptic. I have a lot of questions. This makes no sense to me, so many questions about this. A gamer has broken a record that stood for almost ten years by playing Dance Dance Revolution.
Speaker 1: For how many hours? Oh my god? Oh my ten alright, so.
Speaker 6: Dance Dance Revolution the world record two and seventy hours. Okay, Parker Parkers has two seventies. I guess I'm old sleeping too. You're saying you're you're so, I mean you're dancing like eleven days.
Speaker 1: Okay, that might be a little high. We might it might be somewhere between us, be a little uh audre. What do you think I'm going to say fifty two hours? Fifty two?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say about four days. Some say about one hundred hours.
Speaker 1: One hundred sauce. I'm gonna say seventy eight hours, seventy eight hours, Zachary sixty nine hours. That did everybody go on too? Three four hours? Yeah? So Mark, you said ten, do you want to change your guests? Let's go uh thirty two thirty two? All right, that's that's closer.
Speaker 6: Is a bit stall off by a million miles, man, I have a lot of questions. One hundred and forty four hours he danced.
Speaker 1: He danced over three thousand songs. I believe it. One hundred and forty four hours Straightboy, go there, I don't know that. You don't know that parents breaks. He's probably got some nice quaw, he repeated himself a lot.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, stadium, buddy, there's nothing better than just watching somebody just go hard on dance Dance Revolution in forty six days.
Speaker 1: I mean that also, I mean it works out.
Speaker 6: That's like just under three minutes a song, so that that part checks out. Three thousand songs, claims that about twenty two thousand calories burned. That's it dancing for six dames days straight. Twenty two thousand calories.
Speaker 1: Although that's dance for six days.
Speaker 6: I burn.
Speaker 7: I burned like four thousand plus just golfing for a couple hours.
Speaker 1: I can't be right. Do you work golfing? You need to better watch. I burned calories, like.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Michael, Oh look at oh somebody with metabolism still is bringing them up burning calories.
Speaker 1: The rest of us havn't burned a calories. Yeah, just give it some time.
Speaker 11: Some time.
Speaker 1: Seven, it's over. I got the wrong way.
Speaker 7: Ever since basketball, I've lost like thirty five pounds and I.
Speaker 1: Just like, oh, wow, he loses weight without trying. He burns calorie while he's golfing.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's just must be rough being Parker fox A, You're gonna be okay, chicken.
Speaker 1: Buddy, clock is ticking on you. Here's a fun question.
Speaker 6: Here's a fun one, based on percentage of population. What is the whitest state in the United States of America?
Speaker 1: Utah? Yeah, that's you answered quickly. That's a good parish, goes Utah. Yeah, it's probably Utah. Okay, anybody else have a guess they want.
Speaker 11: To walk in the first thing that came to my mind was Arkansas Alaska.
Speaker 7: Hmmmm, well, I don't know a lot of snow. Yeah, just what those northerns. You got to think about the Native Lane. Yeahthing like Maine ninety percent. Maine is number one of Vermont. In West Virginia right behind it eighty nine point one. The least white state is twenty one point six percent.
Speaker 1: That's Hawaii. But yeah, Maine, got it, Maine.
Speaker 3: So you met skid call.
Speaker 1: Snow a lot of snow in Alaska?
Speaker 3: No, I get it.
Speaker 1: That's funny, well played.
Speaker 6: Let's just keep gamifying this cause why don't know, we're going away from race and we're not gamifying it the way you spelled it. Research from Ohio State University found that living within thirty miles of blank may be linked to a longer life by at least a year.
Speaker 1: If you live within thirty miles of what hospital?
Speaker 9: That's not a bad guess, thanks, that's a really good guess.
Speaker 1: Target. That's taking years off of my life.
Speaker 6: A body of water that is mostly right, here's here's the that's I'm going to give you credit for that.
Speaker 1: Ocean.
Speaker 6: But it's ocean or a golf but the same According to their study, the same doesn't apply to people who live near inland.
Speaker 1: Bodies of water.
Speaker 6: So if you live on Lake Minnetaka, it does not have the same effect as an ocean.
Speaker 1: What if I would disagree. What about superior?
Speaker 5: What if?
Speaker 10: What if you haven't anybody of water and like to live.
Speaker 9: In the woods. I think anybody living on Lake Minettaka is.
Speaker 1: Doing all right. I'm probably feeling yeah, nice view. They worried about much? No, probably not. We're doing well.
Speaker 6: It was on this date in what year did a guy named do you Gray walk along the shores of Lockness in Scotland when he saw what he thought was something strange? So we took five pictures after developing the film. Four of the pictures were blank. That's mysterious. The other one, he claims, is the first ever picture of the Lockness Monster. What year did that famous Lockness Monster picture take place?
Speaker 1: Number? Sixty eight? Sixteen thirty forty two, twenty seven?
Speaker 3: Man was seventy two.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say seventy two was my original guest, so now I'm mad.
Speaker 1: Thirty five almost nailed it.
Speaker 6: Nineteen thirty three, thirty.
Speaker 1: Two, nineteen thirty three, Yeah, said, didn't you? It was way too million? Were you in where that? Weren't you in Scotland? He didn't go. We did not go to Lockness. It's pretty far from afraid of the mine. You're afraid of the well.
Speaker 6: It was a pretty lengthy day trip from Edinburgh and we're like, I I gotta go.
Speaker 1: It's a lake. There's no monster. I'm going the lake. It's a lake. There's nothing there.
Speaker 9: Okay stebouh Yeah, no, Hawk and I would go hawk Owen's Land there. We were going to go see it and I think next summer a lord.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: John Hughes, the director. The film director is a gigantic White Sox fan, so he wanted Ferris Bueller to have his day off be at Comisky, but because of the shooting schedule, they had to film it at a Cubs game instead, So that's where all the infamous Cubs scenes take place in Ferris Bueller's day off.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care for the Cubs at all. He loves the White Sox way better. Very disappointing. Oh what else?
Speaker 9: Does he love? Rosie big Socks? Okay he said that twice.
Speaker 1: I never heard that. I kind of like that. Yeah, can I make a statement? Oh my god?
Speaker 6: And here with his statement is the fans. Paul Lambert, that movie is just okay. I know, I know everybody loves it. It's just it's fine. It's not the greatest film of all time. It's just fine.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it. Yeah, you're not missing much. Really, this rich kid is tired of going to school. You know we all did.
Speaker 6: Do you best to give the movie summary to Audrey, who has never seen what happens in Ferris Bueller's day off.
Speaker 9: He doesn't want to go to school. He's like, you miss all the lives you sleep through. That's like the famous code from the film. Him and his buddies are going to skip school. As one buddy's afraid of his dad. His dad is a really nice car. Farris tells him, Hey, we should take that car out and he's like, no, my dad will kill me. He cares about this car more than I do. And so then they drive it around and then they meet like the hot dog King of the Midwest, Tommy Olsen, and then they can't get into this restaurant. But then they tell him that their uncle or something. Then they go to a Cubs game. Then he sings a Beatles song and then he chases. He has to get home before his mom gets him, and the principal hates him, and they say bueler, bueler, bueler.
Speaker 1: Chris on air production meeting.
Speaker 6: We have a new weekly game where like Zach tells Sauce to describe the plot of a movie and he records the answer, and then we play the audio and the rest of the room has to guess what movie Sauce is describing. I've seen I've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off I don't know fifty times. And until he said the word Bueler, I had no idea what movie he was talking about.
Speaker 5: Really, skip school score, No, Corey just hates me spoiler alert to write that down.
Speaker 10: He nails apart. However about the dad loving the car more than Yeah, he didn't nail that.
Speaker 1: And now that guy's in succession, Yes he is Alan Ruck, Gordie Howe Jersey, Sure, yeah, you get it all right. Yes, I like the movie. However, love movies.
Speaker 6: It was on this date in nineteen ninety nine that Kevin Smith's Dogma Oh came out.
Speaker 14: Yeah that crack oh, it still cracks me up. Sausage gone. I'm gonna start with Sauce. Sauce is a movie official. Now, don't we just heard this? I give you the character, You tell me who played him? Okay, uh, Cardinal Ignasius Glick that would be.
Speaker 1: The one and only George Carlin. That is the correct answer.
Speaker 6: Who played God? Alanis Morris statute for two? Who played Serendipity.
Speaker 1: I don't know that one. Ummm was it an a flack? No ob? Serendipity was a gal? Yeah, that was a test.
Speaker 6: That's psalmahyek ye. Who played Bartleby and Loki. I don't even care which one is which.
Speaker 1: I don't know. That was Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's enough.
Speaker 9: O that moved all right, Buddy Christ, Yeah, Buddy Christ is a great bit o.
Speaker 1: That sauce.
Speaker 6: You're flying tomorrow, parish. It sounds like you're flying on Friday, right. Hopefully airlines are warning people that flight cancelations will continue even after the shutdown ends because they need time to adjust schedules and staffing. So even if whatever happens today in Washington everything goes the way that we think it might go, it sounds like the problem is not solved immediately. It makes sense that there's a trickle down effect in Domino, so it sounds like it still might be a while before we're back to normal.
Speaker 10: So keep an eye on your Yeah, we heard that was Washington the news about that last night, and they were saying, hopefully it'll just be a couple of days, and well, it's Friday nights.
Speaker 1: That's a couple of days. A couple of days should be all right. I'm going to hold people. I don't want another flight canceled, sauce is confirmed? Good, it's confirmed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm assuming you're flying Delta, you are correct, and they are. They have completed all of their FA directed flight cancelations through November thirteenth.
Speaker 1: So oh sweet nice, thanks to Echo.
Speaker 10: Go on, get I need one more day there. Thirteenth does not help me, You'll be all right?
Speaker 1: Helps me?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Is that so good for you?
Speaker 6: But new survey ask people for the holiday season, what do you prefer getting something practical and useful or getting something fun as a gift? What percentage was higher the people that wanted the practical gift or the fun gift?
Speaker 1: Fun? Practical fun, practical fun?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: What I just went opposite bugs.
Speaker 3: Practically, I feel like.
Speaker 1: It should I feel like it should be fun, but I feel like yah.
Speaker 6: It was interesting that the practical people sounded bored and disinterested with life, and then the fun people even also were like, I want something fun. Yeah, uh, fifty seven percent say they prefer something practical, twenty five percent say fun, and then everybody else doesn't care.
Speaker 1: But I think the older you get, the more underprocess something.
Speaker 9: There's the thing.
Speaker 11: If there's something practical or something that like I need that will make my life easier, I'm just going.
Speaker 1: To buy it for myself. That's adulting, right, It's I'm just going to get it.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I like being surprised or something outside the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd rather never get a gift again. Yeah, you hate gifts? Go that far?
Speaker 6: Yeah, congratulations, will take christ Thank Parker. You see the theme last week? I said I would double the size of your dis exactly. Just take things off of my plate and I will ward you.
Speaker 1: I told you not like going to wedding. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I just can't control himself around the cupcakes?
Speaker 1: Is it for dressing? I don't like dressing up. I don't like dress up.
Speaker 6: I don't know like the whole thing. I'd rather just rather just kind of check and call it a day.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you.
Speaker 7: I told my parents about that this weekend because I was out there place watching the Vikings game, and I was like, well, there's another person we could take off. The last car.
Speaker 3: Perfect light rail in San Francisco, the driver fell asleep. Oh, listen to this audio. She's just cruising. The problem is she was asleep and they were coming up on a corner, little Boy, which she took it fifty miles per hour.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Relax, relve, re live, come up. We didn't crash. Relax, Relax, we didn't cry. Yeah, we're good the whole.
Speaker 6: If you see the video, everybody gets tossed to one side.
Speaker 1: Moments you don't have a chance, pull your hands up. The lady driving wood Hawk.
Speaker 3: Well she needs a nap first, she's gone to relax.
Speaker 1: Sure, got it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I would have guessed that there was some kind of fail safe that would keep that train from going.
Speaker 6: Sure, if we have airplanes that essentially fly themselves, we don't have light rails that do that, right, I would think that's nuts.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I would have assumed that it's not speed up, you know, slow down, take the turns, that that thing's on autopilot.
Speaker 1: Same, I guess.
Speaker 11: Not.
Speaker 3: Speaking of pilot, we've heard that the target is asking their people to smile. More. I wonder if Delta is asking their pilots to do this. This is a Delta Airlines pilot before a flight.
Speaker 12: I know we probably have quite a few nervous flyers today. It is perfectly understandable. I want to emphasize aircraft not move a single inch. Let's put my co Captain Michael and myself are absolute certain it's safe to do so. Before I left the house on this trip, I little one learned the word ice cream and she made me make sure I promised her to get her ice cream when I get back home from the drip. That being said, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing, i'd safe comes in to pike me that little girl in her ice cream. I know you guys probably have some similar plans, maybe not tonight, but probably tomorrow afternoon with please feel free to join our wife by and take care of picking out which place you guys are going to get ice cream or should your friends and family text about what you guys.
Speaker 1: Do it on the flight.
Speaker 12: Should be a really nice day to go flying. We'll get you guys up there safely.
Speaker 1: That's nice hull right this. I think there's two sides of this.
Speaker 6: If there's a delay because of a mechanical issue, and then you can tell people are nervous, like should we be flying? Then I think something like that's completely appropriate. It's like, hey, calm everybody down. That's a really nice message. Look, I wouldn't be getting on this plane if I thought this plane was a risk, right. But if that is for no reason, I'd be like, are they not telling us something?
Speaker 9: I'm that guy making a random announcement.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do everything I can to get back to my dogs. Should we be on this plane?
Speaker 6: I want that after a long delay, going Hey, guys, I know, I know this took a long time. We told you there was an issue. Total has been taken care of. We're not forcing this. We're going, yeah, we're good. How about yourself?
Speaker 12: Yes.
Speaker 11: I read an article about a pilot who they had mechanical issues and he announced to the passengers listen, I don't feel comfortable taking this plane out. I'm sorry, and I'm not going to do it if I'm not one hundred percent convinced, and so I'm out. I would have respected it as a passenger had been.
Speaker 1: Like I'm out too.
Speaker 11: I don't you know, I mean the chances of there being you know something that would have really been catastrophic are probably slim.
Speaker 1: But if my dad's an airline pilot and.
Speaker 11: I am a terrified flyer, you said, text my dad if I had delays because of mechanical issues, and I'd make him log in and see what was going on.
Speaker 1: And I remember one time I was really really nervous and.
Speaker 11: He's like, the toilet in first class isn't working. And I was like, okay, no need to panic. But if there's anything, if a pilot is not feeling one hundred percent, I I would appreciate that kind of honesty. And I am following you off of that birden hey, and.
Speaker 1: If the toilet in first class isn't working, how are marking so.
Speaker 6: After they go to the Delta club and now my toilet's not working.
Speaker 3: I do think it's different to that pilot. That pilot sounded cool, and he seemed like somebody that was reassuring. But if your pilot sounded like this.
Speaker 9: Hello, we were dealing with an issue. We found out there's a man on the flight flying back to Indiana. He brought his entire turn collection on the flight. H He's in section.
Speaker 1: Twelve, Section twour f the stadium, wave as you walk by. He's a kind man, but you know what he really likes. He really likes poop. All right, this captain mead sas Ba.
Speaker 6: So in this scenario when we wave, when we walk by, so all getting off the plane.
Speaker 1: But he's not.
Speaker 6: He's just gonna sit in section twelve as we walk by and walk past his turn collection.
Speaker 9: Well say, if anybody needs extra time. It's a massive turd collection. So Dwight got on first.
Speaker 6: Why did they allow him to bring it on the plane, because it's fright, it's gonna bring it back home.
Speaker 1: He's a frequent flyer. You just said he was a very kind man. Man.
Speaker 9: Yes, he can't fight without his turn collection, but he's allowed to.
Speaker 3: Is there a scenario in your comedy FOI that doesn't involve my dad turns at all?
Speaker 1: No, hang on, let's he take two. But it has nothing to do with Chris's sister or dad.
Speaker 9: Just for once, Hello, this is captain meet Sauce. We've run into a few problems. Hello, we are dealing with a problem. We'll get to it as soon as we can. We can't mention what it is. But if you're that's a pilot he can log in and see that. The issue and the problem we're looking to solve is the chair.
Speaker 1: You just said, we can't tell you the issue. You just said that six second. Feel better. You just told us we couldn't know.
Speaker 9: Please be quiet. You knew that was Cory in the middle seat. So you can ski on the way home because we know that's why you're here.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 9: The problem that we've come across out of the pilot. Both pilots have horrible pink eye. We spent too much money at a strip club last night. We can't fly, so good luck.
Speaker 1: Yes, the second my pilot said, this is Captain meet, I have have you actually?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 9: I took fine lessons and I flew with the guy and it was fun.
Speaker 1: Just told us the plot to dun Kirk. That's how you should have opened your announcement. It was fun.
Speaker 3: Cory, you did the birthday today and you didn't mention the one I thought would be the top of your list.
Speaker 1: Go on, Wallace Sean, Yeah, Wallace Shawan's eighty two. How that two years old?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 6: The Battle of wits has begun. He's from the Princess Bride. Also, he's famously the voice toy story as well. But he's he's is he the dealer and the dealer va he will forever be known as the guy from Princess Bride forever who does the Battle of Wits against Wesley.
Speaker 10: It's the best, such a such a genius scene.
Speaker 3: It's a good bit, man.
Speaker 1: I can clearly going to mess with the Sicilian when life death is on the left the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and al Michael's birthday today as well. Eighty one.
Speaker 1: Still one of the goats going going heck yeah.
Speaker 3: After twenty years on ABC's Monday Night Football, I moved to NBC Sunday Night Football Once in a football moved from ABC to ESPN. You ever met him?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: I know I'm slacking.
Speaker 3: He also was the one that's had thanks. Do you believe in miracles? Yes?
Speaker 1: And what sport was that hog?
Speaker 3: That was lacrosse?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're correct, wasn't Rosie there? You got this ticket member and uh sweatshirt that too?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true. Do you know what we're talking about? The lovely in Talisen Parker?
Speaker 1: Like, are you Rosen sure?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I mean, do you believe in miracles?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I know that. I just was curious that you was actually at the game.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but it was.
Speaker 1: A hockey You have the best seat in the house I got.
Speaker 10: I got a poster in my parents' garage.
Speaker 1: Baby, that's one of my favorite movies of all time. You're making meatballs. That's great. To take it test. I'll take it. I'll take it.
Speaker 9: Test.
Speaker 1: Great movie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got a buddy that actually can do it word for word, like all the way through the whole movie, even as much as like the president's speech over the radio when herb is driving to the uh uh to the Christmas party. Yah, you can do the whole movie. It's incredible. It's uh yeah, it's not, although it's not very fun to watch with him because he's.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, yeah and a half. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 11: I can't imagine still doing this job, that job, anything you know, in this industry.
Speaker 1: Sometimes at eighty one, it's so demanding.
Speaker 9: He's making twenty million a year. Probably flies private. Yah, drop him off at the door.
Speaker 3: At one point, do you say I want to spend some of that money?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it's it's still glorified. It's there's there's it's still a lot of times Audro used to sleep schedule is way off viet meum funny, it's tough.
Speaker 1: Works one day a week. I think he's okay, yeah, all right, No.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm just I'm being like, I don't think he would do it if he was doing like West Virginia and Cal college football at eleven at night.
Speaker 1: You know that's true. Is this a bit? Great? No, that's your fake? Was a great bit? Where's the real one? Great moments? Where's the kid? That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Opportunity Now he's on the phone with his wife right now. I'm sorry that your Mike's.
Speaker 1: No, we deleted they get like candidated.
Speaker 3: Probably did, Probably did?
Speaker 1: Man, We used to played the hell out of that.
Speaker 3: Tanya Harding is fifty five years old today. There's a name from sports for you.
Speaker 1: Huh all your both of your hands are up. Tanya Harding Wood Haillon.
Speaker 3: I think I can save her.
Speaker 1: Have you seen her video? Have seen her video?
Speaker 3: Have I seen her video?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 1: Her adult video?
Speaker 3: I know you're dumb about Yeah, of course.
Speaker 1: She's mean.
Speaker 3: Yes she is. Yeah, yeah, you know who that is?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: A partner?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's the figure skater right, that's the Winter Olympics. Guru Justice, Yeah, good Old for the dream right kneecap and Nancy Kerrigan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Baby Goose has a birthday today too.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on.
Speaker 6: Now, he's no longer a baby when he's in his mid forties. He can't be the baby Goose anymore. Forty five Baby Goose.
Speaker 3: Give me your breakdown of him first, you go first, Parker, What do you think of the Baby Goose? Ryan Gosling like he's fine? Yeah, wow, big fan?
Speaker 6: Yeah, best best Gostling movie.
Speaker 1: It's no crazy Love?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: What about the Notebook?
Speaker 1: Oh there's one better Drive, but Love is one of my all time favorite movies.
Speaker 3: The end of La La.
Speaker 1: Land is.
Speaker 3: Very good, so good.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen that. Oh you see it?
Speaker 3: Good? You don't deserve to.
Speaker 6: How many total words do you think he says in the movie Drive three? I as GP it's not many.
Speaker 1: He didn't remember that. Oh he doesn't remember the too? Yeah, how many works might be right? It was a stuntman one that was pretty good. Yeah, wid No, that's not the name of the movie, but he is. Wasn't that a TV showing like the Seventh Guy? There we Go?
Speaker 3: There we Go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That was pretty good. All right. I have no idea if this is right or not.
Speaker 6: But according to a chat GPT, Gosling says eight hundred and ninety one words in the movie Drive, one hundred and sixteen lines.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel like that many does.
Speaker 6: It feels like it feels like one hundred and sixteen words because he talks so infrequently. He just stares the whole movie and he's freaking phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's so good. It's a great movie.
Speaker 9: Yea. The soundtrack is outstanding Canadian, I mean the Baby English.
Speaker 6: The Baby Goose, the Baby Gander Mark Paris to you on Friday for anitue.
Speaker 14: We'll see you guys Friday, Parker Fox.
Speaker 6: We will see you on TV on Saturday night, Saturday Night, eight pm, Big ten Networks, Big ten Network for the Gophers and Green Bay Audre. Thanks for coming in, good to see you.
Speaker 1: What's always you? Rats on your beanie baby money. Thank you generational wealth selling beanie babies go pretty awesome? All right? Dined in noon is next? We're back tomorrow. What Tommy Lieber Flash dot Com.
Speaker 6: Tom Town, Paul sarahsty Yust, Cowtown Sauce for one more day before he hits out to Vegas.
Speaker 1: This has been the power Jim Morning Show.
Speaker 14: Us you tomorrow, but love you, bagy girl and joined today