Speaker 1: Diane knuckles.
Speaker 2: No, you don't crack your knuckles.
Speaker 1: Now, do you crack your toes?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: A lot people do.
Speaker 2: I don't think I crack anything.
Speaker 1: You don't crack anything, not routinely.
Speaker 2: I mean, of course I've cracked my knuckles before.
Speaker 1: Well no, but I mean like you won't sit there and I do it all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I cracked.
Speaker 3: Kristin does every She has like a weird sort of routine she does every day.
Speaker 4: Christen does her hips. I don't know how anybody can do their hips.
Speaker 5: I've never been able to do back.
Speaker 1: Wait, how do you do your back? She does a weird wiz thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and always waits to do it until she's in here.
Speaker 1: That bothers you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't like any of the crack. And my daughter does her knuckles drives me nuts. I tell her all the time, please stop.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't.
Speaker 4: But you don't tell her to stop because of the old wives tale that it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Like, uh, make her knuckles big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's not true.
Speaker 5: It's just not appropriate for the table, the dinner table.
Speaker 4: You can't crack your knuckles at the dinner to oh, the craft's table.
Speaker 1: Does she do her.
Speaker 5: Toes, not that I hear. No, I'm mostly focused on her hands.
Speaker 1: Do you do you don't crack anything?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, I do not. I was afraid to as a child and as an adult.
Speaker 4: The wait you were told that you couldn't or you were afraid to.
Speaker 5: Like stuff naturally cracks, right, And at this age when I walk around, you're hearing a lot of stuff in my ankles mostly, but I was just all of that stuff when you were a kid. The eyelids like flipped up, I disgusting things.
Speaker 1: I v what was that called? What was that called?
Speaker 5: Gross?
Speaker 1: The No, that's got a name, not witch's fingers. That's in your hands? What was the what was the flipping eyelid? What was that?
Speaker 5: I thought it was just flipped the eyeland.
Speaker 4: Oh I couldn't do that. I wished I could. Oh man, that I wish.
Speaker 1: I could, But I did.
Speaker 5: I did none of it.
Speaker 4: The knuckles, we definitely did.
Speaker 1: Cracking your knuckles feel so good. I don't do my toe.
Speaker 5: Is there actual relief when you crack your knuckles? Is it in your head?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, there's definitely relief.
Speaker 2: It's proven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well it's my body.
Speaker 5: I sense tone there.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh I can't crack my neck. Oh I wish I could. Oh I wish I could.
Speaker 5: I envy that, But it happens occasionally, just organically.
Speaker 1: No, but the people like.
Speaker 2: You are gonna end up paradise.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 4: There's sometimes like when I'll go see my headache doctor and he'll he'll start, he'll start like head and there are sometimes where it'll go, man, this.
Speaker 1: Feels really tight. Let me let me loosen your neck up.
Speaker 4: And there's sometimes that he'll crack my neck and I think for a moment, well, I'll never move my limbs again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna lay here for the rest of my life. But when I would go to the chiropractor and he would do my hips, oh.
Speaker 1: I've never had it was.
Speaker 3: Almost like you crack your hips, you kind of like turn over to one side and then he kind of.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, body slams you.
Speaker 1: It's like does it feel good?
Speaker 3: Though, ultimately yes, but you're still scared and the next thing, the.
Speaker 1: Next thing, the next thing.
Speaker 4: I feel like like at that point, I'm like, well, I hope you like me.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be blowing into a straw to move around tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Wait, I get what did you know?
Speaker 5: What I just I realized that the one thing that in addition to my hips down so knees and ankles, my wrists crack a lot too. But if you roll them. Yeah, it's just like I'm just but is it a click or is it like a crack?
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus cried?
Speaker 5: What is that? Is that a click or a crack?
Speaker 2: I mean the.
Speaker 5: No, No, but it's wonder I can't move by.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute.
Speaker 4: I just like, but that's a constant thing, that's every single time. Yeah, I don't know if that's cracking your wrist?
Speaker 5: Is the mic picking that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, but you've never you've never done this? Oh God, that feels so good.
Speaker 1: I cracked my nut.
Speaker 5: You could crack it in a very like religious way.
Speaker 4: No, no, I don't normally crack my I was gonna ask, have you ever done it? Oh?
Speaker 1: Hi Kaplin I talked to him yesterday? Actually the uh no, No.
Speaker 4: There are some people that will crack their knuckles or crack their fingers by making praise hands, but just pushing their their fingers together.
Speaker 1: But then there's also this way where it's like you grab.
Speaker 5: Each individ What this just interlocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's like old timy the no. No. But if you grab each finger and bend it at the main knuckle.
Speaker 2: I've never seen anybody do that.
Speaker 1: That's how I do mine. Oh it feels so good.
Speaker 5: Oh gross?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 5: You almost appear double jointed.
Speaker 1: I can't do my thumbs though, because of loupis.
Speaker 5: I can't do my I hope it's god.
Speaker 1: I can't do my thumbs. They hurt too bad if I do that. But I can't. That's the only I only do my fingers. I wish I could do my neck.
Speaker 5: Why are you asking.
Speaker 1: The the so? You know?
Speaker 4: I love an advice column, and this wasn't really so muchy it was somebody seeking advice. But I had never heard of this. So it's somebody at work. I'll just read you. My boss has a habit that drives me crazy. You knoww Some people can crack their knuckles. He doesn't do that, but during meetings he'll lean back in his chair, stretch his shoulders back and out and here we go, crack something in his chest.
Speaker 1: His chest.
Speaker 5: Not familiar with that.
Speaker 4: It lets out a lower It lets out a lower win better sort of cracking. What what is that? I've never heard described. I just went to like cover my chest with my like, what are you cracking?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: And again if it were there's no joint here, has no joint.
Speaker 1: What what am I cracking? It's not his back If I Kristin, I'm trying that.
Speaker 4: Kristin is trying to say if I throw my back over the back of the chair. But Kristin, is your chest cracking? That's going to be back, Chris, I can't. Just because you move your lips, nobody can hear you.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: A lower wetter cracking sound? What is that? And Kristin turned yourself our joints in the torso you're back? Are you sure there's nothing forward facing? It's all anterior.
Speaker 1: I have my sternum and I have ribs that attach to it.
Speaker 4: That's the end of my bones other than my spine, which would be.
Speaker 5: My back cracking. I bet there's something in there. What I've never heard of someone cracking their chest. It makes a lower wetter sound. Why do they have to say it that way as they're disturbed by it?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Well, by the way, the advice is, how do I say something to let him know.
Speaker 1: It drives me crazy.
Speaker 4: It's like she or he rather can't unhear his boss doing it, and every time he does it it drives him nuts.
Speaker 1: Now, Kristen, you weremoving your mouth.
Speaker 8: Yes, mine has popped, like cracked my right between the teats or the brusts.
Speaker 1: You're cracking your sternum.
Speaker 9: I didn't mean to. The first time it did, it scared me, but it felt so good.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 9: I thought I ripped something.
Speaker 1: There's no way you crack your stern them.
Speaker 9: I don't do it on purpose. That's my problem. I got bad joints.
Speaker 1: They just pop the no no, but I get it.
Speaker 4: Your hips, I mean you do your hips, You do your knees, you do your shoulders, yes, you do.
Speaker 9: Everything, ankles, wrists right by.
Speaker 4: The way, don't you agree? Tyler's clicking in his wrist. That's not cracking.
Speaker 8: He needs to work on strengths, like do you have bands at home?
Speaker 5: I do strength training every other.
Speaker 8: Day, but do like strengths with your bands, like do these up and down side.
Speaker 5: So you're moving your hand around? Have you tried this, Diane was offering during news.
Speaker 1: Mine doesn't.
Speaker 4: I don't have any cracking going on, but chest, you don't have a joint here. Everything that you crack because isn't Isn't the cracking a build up of air in a joint, Isn't that?
Speaker 1: Isn't that what the cracking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what the noise is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the pop, Yeah, it's it's like you've got those little packing bubbles in your body.
Speaker 1: That's what the that's what the crack is. You don't have that in your in your chest.
Speaker 9: I don't know. I've popped something, like I said.
Speaker 8: It hurt it first and scared me, but it felt like good.
Speaker 4: And wouldn't they like if you if you went like it, like like to get like a like some people go to a chiropractor. Some people go see like a like a massage therapist who kind of works your body.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't they do something to your chest?
Speaker 9: Does he do this every day?
Speaker 1: The guy, the boss, I don't know.
Speaker 4: The dude just said whenever they're in a meeting couple times a week, he'll.
Speaker 8: Sit down and he'll just kind of try to relax, like throw your back or like your neck backs and just like yeah, like you're part of stranger things.
Speaker 1: Kristen doesn't get it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that was a couple of seasons.
Speaker 1: I never saw it.
Speaker 8: I feel like the chairs are too high. Maybe just like Diane, like, relax your arms back.
Speaker 1: You want me to pull your arms back.
Speaker 9: In the middle?
Speaker 1: Pardon me?
Speaker 9: You feel anything poland in the middle.
Speaker 1: I feel like I got poo Oh it's good on my back. No, nothing's cracking.
Speaker 5: Though, nothing's cracking.
Speaker 1: Sure your belly.
Speaker 9: Buttons stretch in the middle of your teeth.
Speaker 2: No, it's more back.
Speaker 1: I do feel my I do feel my titties fall off to the side.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: That that's not gonna work. That's not gonna work. A lower, wetter sounding crack.
Speaker 5: I see. Every line is busy? Is that for people who do this?
Speaker 1: The I don't know I'm getting there? Am I going to line one? Hi? Ellie in the morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's my name is?
Speaker 10: But how you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What can I do for you?
Speaker 11: So I'm able to crack my neck, hands, toe those elbows. But the one that really blows in people's minds is when I can like I'll open my palm and then clinch to a fifth and it would suck all my knuckles in my fingers. Oh, on the other hand.
Speaker 1: Dude, doesn't that feel great? It's amazing, that's great.
Speaker 4: Good for you, Good for you? Hey, can you do you can't do your chest though?
Speaker 11: Right, I've done my chest before, but I can't do it intentionally that it just happens when I'm stretching sometimes.
Speaker 4: How does the do? I just I don't understand the science behind it. And would you describe it as being a low wet crack.
Speaker 11: I wouldn't say we, but it's it's a different type of sound than than you're used to. But it is definitely like a great feeling.
Speaker 4: Can I ask you this, head oyster, have you ever have you ever had like a medical procedure like, for example, don't people who have like heart surgery, don't they crack your ribs and then reattach them.
Speaker 1: I have no clue you've never had that? No, Roger, all right, very good, thank you, sir?
Speaker 5: Is that what they think is with the boss?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I'm asking because that's the only way that it would make sense to me, is if you'd had surgery where they had to crack your ribs and then get back into it.
Speaker 5: So should we not be shaming this individual? This is a byproduct a side effect of some life saving operation.
Speaker 4: By the way, what is what is etiquette like if you're if you're in a meeting, do you not crack?
Speaker 5: Are you at a table?
Speaker 1: The crafts?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you not supposed to?
Speaker 5: You are not supposed to?
Speaker 1: Or is that like old school?
Speaker 5: No, it's all schools.
Speaker 4: By the way, I just read something the other day that said, hats at the table like baseball caps totally acceptable.
Speaker 2: What does Tyler say on that?
Speaker 1: Tyler won't let his kids cross their ankles under the table.
Speaker 5: A lot of people remember we were at air show and I told your kids, it's okay, and Tyler's like, no, it's not a lot of people seem to be able to crack their chests, say they cracked their stir and them do they have surgery?
Speaker 1: Where am I going?
Speaker 4: Kristen line too? I gotta hear it? Could somebody do it on the phone?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: Eid the morning?
Speaker 12: Hey what from Fredericksburg?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Brother?
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Yeah? The chest pop like you said? The guy said, it's not wet. It's more of like a noise. But like usually I can do it if I'm sitting like a long car ride or like sitting on the couch watching TV too long. You just stand up and kind of spread eagle your arms and poke your chest out and it's you know, it's like I said, it's not wet. It's just more of a more of a solid pop.
Speaker 4: And it's not your back cracking. It's not like your spine cracking. It is your chest.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's like like right the middle of the chest play. I wish it was my back.
Speaker 6: I can't pop out really either, but you know, I'll.
Speaker 12: Set it for the chest. That's fine.
Speaker 4: I wish I could crack my back, uh cracking cracking like when remember you used to like hold your arms in front of you.
Speaker 1: You were kind of jerk you up and down. Oh man, that felt so good.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to make my chest crack line four, Hi, Ellie in the morning, try harder.
Speaker 1: I'm trying, like I'm like in.
Speaker 4: My head, I'm trying to think. How did I learn to crack my knuckles? I think from my dad. I think my dad taught me how to crack my knuckles. My dad was a big knuckle cracker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hi, who's this Elliott?
Speaker 10: Can you hear it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I got just Hey, it's Patrick from Annapolis to crack your sternum. So just stand like you're going through a doorway, put your elbow in your hand up at like a ninety degrees with one hand supported by like the doorframe, and then really lean forward. Sometimes you gotta do it with both your hands on the on the side of the doorframe, but both up kind of at like ninety degree angles, and then lean forward. You might be able to get a crack.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not up against the doorframe, but I understand what you're saying, and I am wretching as far as I can and I can't get.
Speaker 1: I don't even feel like do you crack anything else? On your butt? You crack everything, don't.
Speaker 13: You except the neck? Never been able to do that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does it? Aren't you envious of people that can a little bit?
Speaker 13: But I also think that because you can't, Elliott, it's probably due to the peak physical fitness that usually find yourself in. You stay limber all the time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, sir, thank you. I'm glad you called.
Speaker 5: Don't have to get limber if you stay limber.
Speaker 4: No, but you know what I mean, Like I'm doing what he said. I'm not up against the doorframe. But I understand what he's saying of being able to like really launch your chest forward.
Speaker 1: But I don't even feel like there's anything there.
Speaker 4: Like when you go to crack your knuckles, you can tell, oh, this is going to be a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here they go again. Now they're not cracking now. Oh I also right.
Speaker 4: I also like pull, like the poll crack is great. If I'm laying in bed, sometimes I'll pinch my finger between my knees and pullill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 5: That sounds like you're resetting something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just cracking my knuckles.
Speaker 5: Donish Is that good for him?
Speaker 3: He wrote us a message this conversation.
Speaker 4: No, because I don't think physical therapists do not care that you crack your knuckles.
Speaker 5: He said. Chest popping sometimes related to costo chondritis, the joint between the rib and the sternum. It is typically benign and doesn't need surgery.
Speaker 4: Well, why would it need, Oh a crack if the inflammation so is that?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 1: That's what it is? There has to be a crack there.
Speaker 5: He says. Sometimes related. No, he doesn't say there's a crack. It's inflammation that Isn't that what costa andritis is But why.
Speaker 4: Would you have inflammation between Listen, Donnish would know better than me. But why would I have inflammation between my rib and my sternum when there's no there's no separation, it's connected. That's like saying that there's inflammation in the middle of my femur. No, he's saying the joint between the rib and then there is no joint.
Speaker 2: He's medically trained.
Speaker 4: You realize Donnish took somebody with a mental issue. No, No, I'd listen. Donnish would obviously know, but I didn't. I didn't know that you sud buying Christmas gifts. I didn't know that there was a joint between your ribs and your sternum. I thought it was all one piece.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can, which is what?
Speaker 1: No, you can't.
Speaker 5: Let me see. I feel your cardilig go under go under my shirt. I touched his nipples.
Speaker 1: Hi Elliott the morning? Yeah, Hi, who's this?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: You can you crack your chest?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 10: And it's much like your neck and anything else. Man, it's a feeling that you cannot It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Can you do it? Can you like? Can you do it?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: I can't do it. It's just like one one at random. No, but uh, much like the other guy. If I if I sit in a certain position for a while or or something like that, Yeah, it's it's it's an amazing feeling.
Speaker 4: Oh man, like now i'menbious, Now I'm envious, Like now I want that. I want that feeling only because again with the exception of my neck, like I wish I could pop my shoulders, I wish I could pop my hips, like I wish all of that would go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, d it's uh, it's one of those things out but it almost feels like you get bigger like once you it just I don't know, No, I get it.
Speaker 4: No, I get it because you feel like like like you're opened up. I totally get that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it comes to'body like if I'm sitting steel or in a car ride, much like the other guy. Is like a certain position, it starts to get all tightened up and stuff like that, and then I just spread the spread the shoulders out and click, and it is to me, it is a better pops cuckles are cracking in the neck. It's it's a totally different crack. It's it's something that right I've dumped you.
Speaker 5: Hey, what is the A thank you, sir, but thanks for listing off other things. You can pop.
Speaker 1: The I think it would scare me the first time.
Speaker 5: A lot of people say it doesn't happen by design, it just happens.
Speaker 1: But then you have Oh so it's not like where I'm trying.
Speaker 5: To crack, but this dam says I do it several times a day. Tell Elliott to put his shoulder blades as close together as he can.
Speaker 1: Right, no no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: Uh and then lean back like he's doing a back bend. You're scared. You're going so slow.
Speaker 4: I am, because it's like when I cracked my like when they when this was my knuckle deal in elementary school. When they crack your neck, it's like you're never gonna move all right, shoulder blades and then lean back.
Speaker 2: You can feel it though, no I care, No, you can't.
Speaker 1: I feel it in my back. I feel it my tushy. Nothing's going.
Speaker 5: She's telling you to go further, Kristen.
Speaker 1: I went back as far as I can't. She's in a chair.
Speaker 5: Back bend is what they refer to, not just a stretch of back bend. It's pretty well.
Speaker 1: Back bend. I got to put my hands back.
Speaker 5: And Donnish responded with three rolling on the floor, laughing emojis.
Speaker 1: Where am I going? Line three? I love that. Donnish still listens Hill in the morning.
Speaker 6: Hey is this me?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who's that?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 12: This is Jeremy, Yes, sir Richmond, yes, Ry.
Speaker 14: So when I was born, I had a condition called tectus exca bottom. Don't ask me how you spell it right now, but do a Google search. It's if you ever seen the kids where their chest caves in real bad, it's because.
Speaker 12: It is the center of your rib cage is cartilage and.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but when mine overgrew, I had a correction, and you can look that up too. It's called the nust procedure. They literally won't weave a metal bar under your skins, over your ribs, tuck it under the center of your chest and weave it back out.
Speaker 12: And manually crunch it and push all.
Speaker 6: That overgrown cartilage flush.
Speaker 1: Oh god, God, damn it.
Speaker 6: I was in the hospital for six days.
Speaker 1: How old were you? How old were you when they did it?
Speaker 6: So I was nineteen.
Speaker 14: Oh I didn't find out. I didn't.
Speaker 12: They usually do it on kids when they're like.
Speaker 6: Ten or twelve.
Speaker 14: I didn't find out that I was six times past the requirement for a surgery until I was nineteen, and my bones were all harder than younger kids.
Speaker 4: And it was off, dude, I mean this with no offense.
Speaker 1: Tyler pulled a picture up. God damn it.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And so now probably every other week I'll wake up and all I have to do is pull my shoulders back. And you want to talk about like a deep stump of a crack?
Speaker 4: Hey, do you like if you if you took your shirt off now? Like I don't know what's the right word. I don't want to say deformed, Like what is the right word? Like?
Speaker 12: So I look, I look totally normal.
Speaker 6: I have a tiny.
Speaker 14: Little dimple of because the cartilage was so overgrown when they.
Speaker 6: Popped it out, there was still a little bit that just.
Speaker 14: Didn't pop out, So it's like a tiny little sticking out of cartilage.
Speaker 6: But all you can see now is I have a.
Speaker 14: Scar, a little scar on my left and right side right, and then one underneath of it they used for the camera to go in. But the the act of the surgery is.
Speaker 1: Like I can't even imagine. I can't even.
Speaker 14: Literally just manually force out that overgrown cartilage because.
Speaker 1: The picture I'm looking at now, this.
Speaker 4: This dude looks like he took a cannonball right to the middle of his chest.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, So what they do is they measure the depth from the front to back versus the space from the.
Speaker 6: Left to right.
Speaker 14: So the ratio that you have of how many times it'll fit across verse how many times it fits back. It's something like they need to do surgery at like a three to one.
Speaker 6: In mine was a like an eight to one.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Yeah, dude, you were a mess.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and it was pushing in my heart. It was. It was giving me a lot of really bad problems.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure. I'm sure there is a logged up. Hey, I appreciate the phone call. Thank you, my friend, Thank you, sir.
Speaker 5: I wonder what that score is called.
Speaker 1: Oh so like you're pectus or raucus score, whatever you called it.
Speaker 5: Everything has a numerical value, and then it's named after somebody.
Speaker 1: Dude, I want to crack my chest.
Speaker 2: You gotta lean back.
Speaker 1: In the worst way. But I've done backbends before.
Speaker 5: When during karate we used to do it all the time.
Speaker 1: It's called a bridge. It's called a bridge, absolutely.
Speaker 4: And then not only that, but when you were in the bridge, you used to have to be able to kind of push your head up and down.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Pardon my strength training yesterday, I had a bridge with the dumbbells being lifted up as a backbend. It's not a backbend, you're but you said bridge. And of course when you're when you're lifting your lower back off the yeah, that's a bridge.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But we used to have to do it all the way as a backbend.
Speaker 5: Of course, because you were going to other ninjas. And that's how you kept the people of New York safe living in the sewers.