Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begune.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again, Riga running back to get in on.
Speaker 1: The show called eight six six note eighty seven two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. And now your host, here's Colin Yee.
Speaker 4: A happy flight for the Dodgers as they come back home with a win over the hated Ones, the Giants three to nothing behind an incredible start from Tyler Glass. Now, welcome in to Dodger Talk here on a five to seventy LA Sports, your home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers calling at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. That's eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Is the Dodgers go three and four on the road trip. They're now seventeen and eight, tied with the Padres atop the NL West and just a half game behind the Atlanta Braves for the best record in baseball. Tyler Glass now boy was he awesome today.
Speaker 5: Eight innings, nine.
Speaker 4: Strikeouts, one hit, one walk, and Luisa Rise was the only Giant to reach base all game as Tanner Scott came in and cleaned things up in the ninth, the one two, three eighting for his.
Speaker 5: First save of the game.
Speaker 4: But Tyler Glass now now ten strikeouts away from eleven or one thousand career strikeouts, and the heart high product has really locked things in this season. This is someone who's so talented, who's long and lanky and really can use that height to his advantage, and I think at times he has, but he's dealt with a lot of injuries, he's dealt with the emotional, the mental part of the game that he struggled with admittedly so and previously the most starts he's had in a season, you have to go all the way back to twenty twenty four, his first year with the Dodgers, twenty two starts, one hundred and thirty four innings, that's his only All Star appearance, and the way that Tyler Glass now has started this season, he looks like he's not only in for another All Star appearance, but also a possible Cy Young candidate. You have three of them right now with Otan who has a three eight ere zero three eight era, yoshiob Yamamoto his eras around two four to eight, and Tyler Glass now now three and oh with a two four five er. It's just amazing the wealth of pitching that the Dogs have. You know, on the flip side, the bats have been called, as David Vassell likes to say, consado and the bats today again weren't great. Three runs on the board, but the top of the order was one for thirteen with two strikeouts and the bottom of the order four for nine with two ribbies. So it's been the bottom of the order so far this season carrying this team. Andy Pah has what he's done first twenty five games of the year, He's been awesome, Dalton rushing in just ten games, fourteen RBI, hiss On Kim hitting three twenty four. So the bottom of the lineup carrying this Dodger team, and really that's scary for the rest of the league. If you told me that the top of the lineup you don't have Mookie Betts, shoeyo Atani is hitting two forty five, Tasker Hernandez is hitting two forty four. He had a tough road trip where he was two for twenty four with eight strikeouts. Kyle Tucker also a tough road trip, and he's been in the top of the order as well up until today, where they moved him to the cleanup spot. But on this road trip he was seven for twenty seven, not great as well eight strikeouts, although today he was two for four. So you hope that movement, that change in the lineup will get Kyle Tucker back to where he should be. But it's scary for the rest of the league. If the top of the lineup is not performing and the Dodgers are still seventeen and eight with one of the best records in baseball, that's scary, not great news if you're the rest of the league.
Speaker 5: And I know it seems that.
Speaker 4: This was a bad road trip, and it was you go three and four against to the bottom tier teams in the NL West. I mean, I admit going into this series, I looked at the seven game road trip and I thought, okay, well, Colorado might be tough. It's always a tough series, so you might drop one there and maybe you drop one in Oracle. But five and two is what I saw as a pretty realistic outcome for this seven game road trip, and five and two would have been pretty good. All of a sudden, then you're nineteen and six and you have the best record in baseball and the best start for the Dodgers in a long time. In fact, I went back and looked at the previous five years starts for the Dodgers through the first twenty five games, because it really puts into perspective what you're looking for in those first twenty five games and allows you to not panic. Not saying that Dodger fans are panicking, but even after this road trip, you probably don't feel too good about going three and four. But in twenty twenty one, that was the season where the Dodgers and Giants were going back and forth for the NL West Division title, and the Giants came out on top by one game. Of course, the Dodgers beat them on that Wilmer Flores check swing, Max Schurz are screaming off the mound and won that NLDS. The Dodgers won one hundred and six games that year. They went sixteen and nine, So already you're on a better pace.
Speaker 5: Than that team.
Speaker 4: The twenty two that was a record year for the Dodgers one hundred and eleven games, a franchise record for the Dodgers that season. They started the year eighteen and seven. Of course, lost in the Division series to the Padres. In twenty three, thirteen and twelve they won one hundred games, and they started thirteen and twelve still won one hundred games. Of course, lost to the Diamondbacks that year in twenty four and twenty five. Their championship years fourteen and eleven was the start in last year sixteen and nine. So already this team going for that three peat a better start through twenty five games than the last two title runs. And again that's all that matters, that you're holding that trophy at the end of the season and the Dodgers trying to become just the fifth team in Major League Baseball history to three pat and the first team in the NL. The Yankees did it three times and Athletics once in the seventies. But for the Dodgers, have to feel good coming home seventeen and eight through twenty five games and you're not even clicking on all cylinders. The top of your lineup is still trying to figure things out. Shoe Aotawni one for thirteen against the Giants with five strikeouts, zero for five with two strikeouts today, He's going to figure it out. Kyle Tucker starting to look a little bit better, especially today. Came into the game five for twenty three, but two for four today. You know, Tasker Hernandez is going to be big down the stretch. And then you get Mookie Betts back. Oh, by the way, Blake Snell he's also coming back. That's another pretty good pitcher that you can add to this staff. Nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number calling ye filling in for Tim Kates on this Dodger Talk. Tim Kates just want to give a special shout out to him, thank him for this opportunity along with Brian Long and Brian Blackmore. But a congratulations to Tim Kates on his daughter, Laila's graduation at Grand Canyon University in just three years. What an accomplishment for Layla Kates. We'll get your phone calls in just a bit. Also here from Tyler Glass now, but I wanted to talk about Dalton Rushing and what he's done. He's been awesome coming off the bench, fitting any role, whether it be the dh playing first base catching, Dalton Rushing is doing a lot in his ten games. Fourteen rbi in just ten games for young Dalton Rushing and again today coming up in the clutch four hundred with runners in scoring position, and he popped the lid off this game for the Dodgers, who hadn't scored with a hit since the Rockies game. The only run that they got in the first game was a Hey Song Kim Rbi walk and then they were shut out yesterday, so Rushing starts the scoring in the top of the second. He was huge and has been huge for the Dodgers all season long. Just an incredible, incredible job by Dalton Rushing eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Also wanted to get your thoughts on the Dodger Giant rivalry. Is it still one of the best rivalries in sports? Because when I was growing up, it was always my favorite thing to watch. One of the best rivalries that you could watch in all of sports. I would say the second best in baseball and at top ten, if not top five. I have rivalry in all of baseball. And we played the two thousand and four walk off home run from Steve Finley. You think back all the way to nineteen fifty one and Bobby Thompson shot herd around the world, Juan Marichale and John Roseboro in a brawl in sixty five, Brian Johnson with a walk off home run in ninety seven. How about Madison Bumgarner feuding with Puigue and Munsey telling him.
Speaker 5: To go get it out of the water.
Speaker 4: And then the twenty twenty one Division race, probably most recently, what we remember about this rivalry the Czech swing from Wilmer Flores and the Dodgers. Although they don't win the title, they win the NLDS. And I'll tell you why the rivalry is not what it once was. It's all on the San Francisco Giants. They have not been a good organization these last ten years. You look at twenty seventeen. Since twenty seventeen, if we count this year, that's ten years, the Giants have one season where they've had a record over five hundred. It's just not acceptable if you're a storied franchise like the San Francisco Giants. And that one season was that twenty twenty one season kind of a miracle year. One last hurrah for Buster Posey and Company. The Dodgers, on the other hand, since twenty seventeen, how about five World Series appearances, three World Series titles, every year going to the playoffs winning a division title except twenty twenty one.
Speaker 5: And that's what has led to the rivalry feeling a little flat. When you look at what.
Speaker 4: The Padre Dodger rivalry is all of a sudden turned into in the last ten years. It's been heated, there's been fights, there's been jawing at each other. You have the Padres putting up a Clayton Kershaw meme on their scoreboard. The Padres have been more of a rival than the Giants in the past ten years. And it's because of not only the playoff matchups that they've had, of course, three playoff matchups since twenty seventeen, the one in twenty twenty and then twenty two where the Padres beat that really good Dodger team, the franchise record Dodger team, and then the Dodgers getting them back in twenty four after being down two to zero in that series, and the Dodgers storming back and carrying that momentum into the World Series. It's been a rivalry.
Speaker 5: Where you just don't like the Padres.
Speaker 4: Manny Machado gets all the booze, Fernando Todatis with his lax of daisical style of play, Jake Ronan Worth easy to not like the Padres, but the Giants. Is there anyone really on that team that you don't like? Everyone's pretty sterile when it comes to the Giants. There's not someone that you can hate. And we saw a little bit of it though in this series, a little fire when it came to Dalton Rushing possibly saying something to Junghu Lee and the media taking that going with it. Dalton rushing again saying I was not directing that at Jung Hu Lee on that play at the plate, but Logan Webb's standing up for his teammate and hitting him, and then Dalton rushing with a hard slide. You had a little taste of the rivalry, but I think it's gonna take some more success from the Giants. There's just some better play overall from them to really make this into the rivalry that it should be.
Speaker 5: Eight six six.
Speaker 4: Ninety seven seventy is the phone number calling you filling in for Tim Kates on Dodger Talk, on m five to seventy LA Sports Dodger Baseball, brought to you by Modello Modello the mark of a fighter. Let's go out to the phones. Let's check in with Sergio and Azuza. Sergio, how you doing good?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 6: Hey, congrats to the Kates family, and congrats to you at this shop. Buddy doing great.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 6: I wanted to let you know, don't forget Reggie going into the stands and didn't Didn't that other Dodger have a problem too? You had a melt down in San Francisco, Bradley, So Builton Bradley crazy times. Yes, yes, yep, I remember Reggie Smith going into the stands and taking care of business.
Speaker 4: There's been a lot, right, Serge. You appreciate the kind words too. There's been a lot of bad blood over the years, and it's gone back. It's over one hundred years. I mean, you look at this series, Sergio, twelve ninety to twelve eighty nine, with seventeen ties, only one more win for the Giants over the course of this series in the regular season. It's one of the best rivalries in baseball.
Speaker 5: Sergio.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that it's been that these past ten years and again I put that on the Giants, where on the flip side, the Dodgers have had a lot of success.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that the Buster's gonna, I think, start steering him in the direction that's gonna be more nostalgic of those times because the Giants had a good run there for a while. It's fun to have in laws and you always seem to have a friend as a Giants fan, and you can kind of jab at each other in good fun. And I think that's what you know is amazing about it and just keeping at that point because I grew up hating Jack Hark and just you know, Candlestick Park, and I just I know that feeling. But it was good to channel it to a good friendly competition.
Speaker 5: Who's your most hated Giant, Sergio?
Speaker 6: Oh, Barry Bond's no doubt.
Speaker 5: Easy one to hate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I was lucky to to hate on him when the Angels beat them, and the it was on my birthday on Game seven against the Angels, and we were just we had to kind of teach the Angel fans how to be rowdy to the Giants fans.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: Sergio appreciate the phone call Thank you so much for checking him in here on NI seventy LA Sports. Thank you for the kind words as well. As the Dodgers defeat the Giants three to nothing. Tyler Glass. Now a sparkling start from the lanky right hander. Let's go to Jack in Santa Clara. Jack, what's up?
Speaker 6: How you doing?
Speaker 7: Calling you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing wonderful, Jack. It's a beautiful Thursday afternoon. I'm hosting Dodger Talk. It couldn't get better.
Speaker 8: That's great.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I'm up in Santa Clara, So Bay Area, but I'm a Dodgers fan and I went to Game one of this series where you know, the offense couldn't get going. But as an eyewitness report, I'd like to announce that the Dodgers Giants Roberly I've with the fans at least, is still very much alive. I'm happy to report that we don't have the Puegue Bumgardner animosity between the players that we've had in the past. And of course, like you said, the Giants aren't as competitive, have not been as competitive as the Dodgers these past couple of years. But between the fans at Oracle Park, or as I like to call it Dodger Stadium North. It was about forty percent Dodger fans from what I could see.
Speaker 5: That's incredible, Jack.
Speaker 4: I mean ten years ago, that would not be the case at Oracle, where they were selling out every single season. It'd be more like an eighty twenty or a seventy thirty. But you look at what it's become. I agree with you. I just back here at the studio, here in the cheers when the Dodgers come out, when a good play happens for the Dodgers, you can tell that it was a good amount. There were a good amount of Dodger fans. Now, Jack, I have to ask you a question at Oracle, what were What'd you eat there at Oracle? I know they have a lot of good dining options there.
Speaker 9: Well, I got the Classic. You got to get the garlic fries. Those are pretty good. But I brought in some food. I brought a sandwich in from a great deli around San Francisco.
Speaker 4: So love it, Jack, Well, appreciate the phone call, Thanks so much for checking in here on Dodger Talk. As the Dodgers defeat the Giants three to nothing, they salvage the series. They go three and four on the road trip, and now get ready for a six game homestand as they'll take on the Cubs back at home. First pitch at seven point fifteen James Tayon and Emmett Shean. Tomorrow six o'clock. Our coverage starts with the Marongo Casino Dodgers on Debt Show and Tim Kates, and then three against the Marlins. After that, David calling from Long Beach. David, how you doing good?
Speaker 10: Colin?
Speaker 11: How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm doing wonderful David.
Speaker 11: Well, first of all, thank you for doing such a great job. You know, I really appreciate, you know, taking the time to talk to us. Yeah, we yeah, we gotta win. Today's great win, Glasnew looked great. You know we should have won the games in Colorado. But you know, it is what it is. Like you said, it's only April. But I will say there's one giant Dodger highlight that you missed that I still get goosebumps thinking about. It was the Steve Finley Grand Slam that won us a division.
Speaker 4: Oh that was a big one. I remember watching that in my living room. I believe I was eleven years old. David and Steve Finley walk off Grand Slam. Actually we played that was our Hofey moment of the day today on the pregame show, David, so good call, goodpool on that. And the Giants were up three nothing in that game, and Steve Finley comes up and the game's tied three to three. The Giants blow the lead, Steve Finley walks it off and they win the division.
Speaker 11: And I remember Vin Scully's words. Doctors came up and they rolled a seven. Only Vin Scully, the great Vin Scully, could come up with words like that, and I still miss it. You know, he was a great guy, great great play.
Speaker 3: By play man.
Speaker 5: David, I want it again.
Speaker 11: Thank you for taking my call, thank you for doing such a great villain job. And one other thing, I'll leave you alone. Don't let Petro some Money pick on you so much.
Speaker 5: I appreciate the kind words, David. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Petros some money always in my corner, you know, they get ont me sometimes, David, but I appreciate you. And Petro's some money coming up in about ten fifteen minutes. Thank you for the kind words. And yes, you're right, David, a Hall of famer, Vin Scully the best to ever do it. And it's an honor to even be working at the same station where Vin Scully was the voice of the Dodgers. Nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Eight sixty six. Nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the phone number. What do you think of this Dodger giant rivalry? Does it still have the same steam that it had even ten years ago? I know it's always been one of the great rivalries. And like David mentioned, there's a lot of moments that you can go back and look at over the course of history. I mean I only went back to nineteen fifty one, but if we continued to go back in time, there'd be even more moments. Says let's go to Chris in Huntington Beach. Hey, Chris, how you doing?
Speaker 12: What's up man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 12: Hey? So the Dodger San Francisco rivalry is dead. Unfortunately, this is a real sad thing. I was in Colorado literally a couple of nights ago. I mean Colorado Rockies team to set the record for some of the most losses in history, and I just went there because I was in town for business. Got the tail end of the game and they're more passionate about their team than the Giants. Like I would put the Giants right there below the Rockies Diamondbacks and way below the Padres for the most like heated rivalry. For the Dodgers, it's Dodgers Padres. Now, those are the two best teams in the league. They are always fighting because their ownership believes in their teams. I cannot, for the life of me even name a single player on the Giants right now. I mean, I don't even know who's on that team. I mean, can you, I mean without just off hand seriously, I mean, what's a common name, Colin, what do you think? Well feeling on that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I did just watch the game, and I you know, William Domins and Matt Chapman. But I agree with you, Chris, the steam the kind of animosity between these two teams, it is gone. Now what I go as far to say that it surpassed the Rocky or the Rockies and the Diamondbacks have surpassed them. No, I would not, but I agree with you, Chris that the Padres have passed them up in recent history. Now that can change, but it's up to the Giants to do that, right you need a partner, You need a dancing partner in the ring when you're the Dodgers, and right now they haven't been the toughest sparring partner in that ring. Now, I know the Giants one two out of three, and the rivalry got a little bit more of a taste.
Speaker 5: We got a little bit.
Speaker 4: More of a taste here as we moved into this game with Dalton Rushing kind of igniting it with the Junghu Lee thing, and now they throw it Jung Hul or they throw at Dalton Rushing today. But I'm with you, Chris. I think this is something that needs to be revisited. And for the Giants, it's up to them. They have to pull their side of the bargain. Appreciate the call, Chris, Thank you so much for tuning in here on this Thursday afternoon, beautiful Thursday afternoon here in Los Angeles. It's a in five seventy LA Sports. Tyler Glass Now was tremendous today, eight shutout innings, one hit, one walk, no runs, nine strikeouts. Tyler Glass Now talked to the media a while ago. It's here from the right hander.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think just a little tense early on kind of trying a little too hard, And I think as a game went on, I was just thinking about keeping my hands and my body loose and talking with Connor and marking between and I just think I got into a good place as.
Speaker 12: A game on.
Speaker 5: You look at just how you were navigating through their lineup.
Speaker 13: I mean last week with Denver it was a little bit more fastball heavy, this today more sinker.
Speaker 5: Is that just feel or was that more game plan for you? A little bit of both.
Speaker 7: I think not throwing it last week put me in a good spot to like show it a lot more, and I think just throwing it in the game it just felt a lot better too.
Speaker 5: It was more behind it.
Speaker 7: I could locate it a little bit more, and yeah, Slider felt good off of it, So I think it was more probably probably both.
Speaker 2: Today was the same kind of trend that you had this entire season where a lot of your strikeouts are coming with the curve ball. How have you been able to shape the two different type of curve balls to use it as that strikeout pitch?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think just like early on trying to throw it for strikes, to throw a little slower like spike it, and then when I want to put a guy away with it, I'll just keep both fingers on it and just try to throw it hard. But I think that got a little better as a game when I was a little inconsistent, But I had a good feel with it overall.
Speaker 2: When you've come out of the game and you see one hit, do you think back to arise a single in the fourth inning? Or you can't think that way?
Speaker 7: No, I think it's early enough to like if it happened in like the seventh or the eighth maybe, but I think it was just what the fourth inning when it happened, So I don't really think about it.
Speaker 14: It was the process of kind of like reincorporating that sinker as a more like kind of primary pitch for you over the last couple of years.
Speaker 10: Like what has it given you now, especially on like days like today.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think just happened two heaters in general, Like it's not especially if it's like inconsistent. It's like one of two options. I think some days of four scene works, some days the two scene works. It's just having like another option to go to and thenaming binding it kind of changes as well. So I think it just kind of gives me, like my four seam cuts a little bit, and then the two seam runs quite a bit, so it's just like so much to cover, and then I can play my slider and my curveball off of those.
Speaker 5: So it's It's really.
Speaker 7: Helped me out a lot, and I think starting to incorporate it more has been like maybe pitching a lot.
Speaker 3: Easier for sure.
Speaker 4: There's Tyler Glass now with the media after the game again. Eight shutout innings for Tyler Glass now, who's now three and oh with a two four or five ERA and just ten strikeouts away from one thousand. Celebrate ninety years of racing at Santa Anita Park every Friday through Sunday with millions of payouts every race day. For heart pounding action and new experiences, visit Santa Anita dot com slash events. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go back out to the phones and let's check in with Bruce in Culver City.
Speaker 5: Are you doing, Bruce?
Speaker 12: Doing well?
Speaker 13: Colin?
Speaker 14: It's great to hear hear you on air instead of just on answering the phones. Thank you, Bruce, and congratulations to the Kate Stanley graduating in three years is an incredible impressive I wanted to Yeah, I just wanted to warn Tim Kates that he may be getting wally pipped and.
Speaker 4: Never No, Tim has been a huge mentor and he is the reason why I'm in this position today.
Speaker 14: So doing a great job filling in hope you get more opportunities.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Bruce, What do you got for us today?
Speaker 6: On the.
Speaker 14: Question of the rivalry, it's always great when both the Giants and the Dodgers are doing really well and battling for.
Speaker 5: That UH Division title at the end of the year.
Speaker 12: But it's also it's.
Speaker 14: Also really cool when one's doing well and the other knocks him out at the end of the year. I can still remember when the Dodgers took it to Solomon Torres on the last day of the of the season, and it was the Dodgers had no chance for her title, but knocking the Giants out was just as good.
Speaker 4: No, you bring up a good point there, Bruce. Thank you for the kind words on the phone call. Yeah, in ninety three, Giants had over one hundred wins that year. They were knocked out by the Dodgers and the Braves went on in the playoffs. Brian Johnson with the walk off home run in ninety seven and sixty two, a three game tiebreaker to decide the pennant. And then we mentioned Steve Finley, the knockout Grand Slam by Steve Finley.
Speaker 5: So a great point.
Speaker 4: Even if the other team isn't that good, if they can play spoiler, it also can lead to some fun things later on in this season. A lot of phone calls, a lot of phone calls. Jeff Annual, Mitch, Steve, we will get you. We're taking you up to the bottom of the hour where we will hand it off to Petrosen Money. A fun Dodger Talk here on AM five seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers defeat the Giants three to nothing. Moved to seventeen and eight. We'll be right back here on the Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 5: Come find them.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 10: The one two pitch rushing winds it into centerfield of base hit Max Bunks. He's gonna be weirved home The throw from Gilbert late off TheMark an RBI base hit for Dun't rushing and the Dodgers jump ahead one a nothing in.
Speaker 4: The second, Dalton rushing stay hot. The clutch factor with Dalton rushing this season four hundred with runners in scoring position, fourteen RBI over ten games, and the backstop who's also been filling in at DH and first base, has cemented a spot here on the team and ignited a little bit of fire in this Dodger Giant rivalry. As the Dodgers defeat the Giants three to nothing at Oracle Park, they're on their way home now and will start a six game homestand as they move back to Dodgers Stadium against the Cubs and the Marlins, Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card visit and five to seventy LA sports dot Com keyword home run under your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers own the Dream eight six sixty, having two seventy is the phone number calling ye filling in for Tim Kats here on this Thursday afternoon. Let's go back out to the phones. Let's go to Jeff in San Francisco. Jeff, how you.
Speaker 11: Doing, Hey, Colin, I'm doing good.
Speaker 8: How about yourself?
Speaker 4: I'm doing wonderful. You're you're up in San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I just couldn't say quiet after was it? Jack and Santa Clara? How could you be a Dodgers fan in the Bay Area? That's what I That's my first question. Only he could answer that. Secondly, I just wanted to say I was there for the first two games in the series and it was, like you said, maybe eighty percent Dodgers fan. So that was a little heartbreaking to see. And if there's any Giants fans listening, we got to step it up. I have a feeling that the only reason why the Dodgers won today was because today's game was during the workday, and all the Giants fans are employed in the Dodgers fans had nothing else to do but to haggle our poor Giants players. That's kind of what I'm sticking.
Speaker 4: With, all right, Thank you so much for the phone call, Jeff. First hand report from Jeff in San Francisco. Obviously a Giants fan and disappointed in Jack and Santa Clara for being a Dodger fan, but he was at the game and had his own bird's eye view able to say that, yes, there were more Dodger fans at the game. And again that's something that wouldn't have happened ten years ago in this rivalry, right, it would have been eighty twenty the other way, when the Giants were consistently selling out. When you looked at what they were able to do in those championship runs in ten, twelve and fourteen, there were not Dodger fans taking over Oracle Park or eight and T and T. And in this case right now, Dodger fans are ruling across not just southern California, but also in the Bay Area.
Speaker 5: And if you.
Speaker 4: Want a real rivalry, that's something that needs to change. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. Want to make one quick note on show hey Otani, who has struggled over the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: At the plate.
Speaker 4: He has been phenomenal on the mound right an three eight er twenty five strikeouts in twenty four innings. But for show, hey, at the plate, he's still trying to figure things out. And Jose Mota joined us in the postgame Clubhouse show and talked about what Otani's doing, pulling off the ball, getting to pool heavy. There's a couple of things that he needs to fix. But if this Dodger offense wants to get back on track, I know, I said, you know, don't panic, it's gonna be okay. You're seventeen to eight, second best record in baseball. Show heo Tani needs to get back on track in the batter's box. One for thirteen with five strikeouts in the Giant Series, zero for five with two strikeouts today, and you know he will that. He was talking to David Vasse earlier in the season and said, my aprils are a little slow. And for show, Aotani, Yeah, you look at what he's done so far.
Speaker 5: It's not the worst.
Speaker 4: He's still hitting two forty five, which is not great, but an eight twelve ops which is pretty solid. He had that fifty three game on bass streak up to last night Tyne Sean Green, so he's still doing some things offensively, but it just doesn't look like the show, Heyotanni that we've seen these first two seasons. He does have five home runs and eleven RBI and he's walked sixteen times, but again the batting average a little low and too many strikeouts for show Halo Tani, who, regardless of what he's doing at the plate is he looks like a cy young candidate this season and he's looking to add that to his trophy case. Let's go out to Daniel and Ventura. I love Ventura. Daniel, how you doing.
Speaker 13: How's it going, Colin?
Speaker 5: Eh, it's going well.
Speaker 13: That's awesome, bro. But hey, just talking about the Dodger Giants rivalry as a recent You know what, Dodgers Giants usually do do play pretty good baseball when they're playing each other, either in San Francisco or in Los Angeles. But we definitely have some memoral games with the Dodger Giants, like throw back to twenty thirteen, Clayton Kershaw hit his first and only career home run against the Giants, and then also back in two thousand and nine when the Dodgers played the Giants, Orlando Hudson hit for the cycle against the Giants. So a lot of memory.
Speaker 4: You make great points there at, Daniel, there's a lot and some that we kind of forget, right, Daniel, because twenty thirteen, twenty fifteen, those seem like a while ago and maybe something that we didn't highlight today. Those were great moments. Clayton Kershaw. I still remember that game where he kind of did everything. He was show Aotani that day, and yeah, so there have been a lot of good moments, Daniel. What I'm trying to say, though, is where are these moments more recently? Where have the moments been, because we're missing them And really one of the only big moments in this rivalry has been twenty twenty one, where the whole summer and into the fall the teams went back and forth. There's the check swing, the miss check swing call on Darren Ruff. Earlier in that season, there was the Mike Takman robbing of the home run of Albert Poolholz. There was again in the playoffs, you go to that epic series, five game series that ends in a Wilmer Flores check swing. But other than twenty twenty one, Daniel, I'm trying to think. I know, Pat Bailey had a big walk off Grand Slam. Other than that, the moments have been few and far between, and it's because the Dodgers have been so good.
Speaker 5: Exactly appreciate your phone call. Thank you so much.
Speaker 13: Dan.
Speaker 4: You'll have a wonderful rest of your day. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers defeat the Giants three to nothing. We'll take one more phone call before we sign off here and hand it off to Petris.
Speaker 5: Some money.
Speaker 4: Steve in Sherman Oaks, Steve, Welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. I wanted to call in way in on this question that you've posed. I think that I agree. It's the tables have turned. It's been more like the heated rivalry is between the Padres growing up. I actually I grew up a Yankee fan in the nineties and early two thousands, and they broke my heart when they knocked down the original stadium. And so when I moved out here in twenty twelve, I quickly adopted the Dodgers, and when I had enough money, became a season ticket holder. And god, I got to say, like, it's electric what the Padres have done the last five years. It's turned this situation totally hostile. Those playoffs games, even the regular season games. I mean, now the Padres g o lock out the Dodgers fans from being able to buy tickets to their home games. It feels much more vitriolic than the Giants these days.
Speaker 4: I'm one hundred percent with you, Steve. It just doesn't feel the same. Growing up, the Dodgers and Giants' rivalry was one hourys looked forward to. It was one that every time you tuned in, it was appointment television. And it hasn't been that way these past ten years. And on the flip side to your point, Steve, the Padres Dodgers, I love watching that series because you know, you might get a bench's clearing brawl. You might see Manny Machado go at it with Dave Roberts. You might see Fernando Tatis get in the mix, and Clayton Kershaw get fired up. That's what I've loved about these previous years, where the Padres and Dodgers they mix it up and their fans mix it up as well. And for the Dodgers Giants rivalry, appreciate the phone call, Steve. For the Dodgers Giants rivalry to get back on track. It's gonna take the Giants getting back to being a quality organization. Well, that's gonna do it for us here on Dodger Talk. Many thanks. First, I want to give all the glory to God for this opportunity. I wanna thank the Dodgers organization. Brian Long, Brian Blackmore, a huge shout out to Tim Kates. Congratulations to Lala Kates, but Tim just for this opportunity. To David Vassa, to Dwayne McDonald and they're trust in me as well as Rick Monday and Steve Van Nelson in their words of encouragement. Finally, Ronnie Fossio appreciate all his help this afternoon. Once again, the final score of the Dodgers take down the Giants three to nothing, three and four on the road trips seventeen and eight, the second best record in baseball.
Speaker 5: Petros and money is coming up next.
Speaker 4: They'll be leading you up to the draft here on Name five seventy LA Sports