Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WAT.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: If something gets in your way, flattenet.
Speaker 2: Going to you. Petros and Money Am five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home the Dodgers World champion, back to back Dodgers, home of NFL football, home of the Clippers, and we have a four hour show today will go until seven pm. We were shortened yesterday by the Clippers, who promptly.
Speaker 4: Well stop blaming the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Fifth in a row. They're eleventh of their last twelve and their nineteenth of their last twenty two. I believe is what the string is right now.
Speaker 4: If that's how you want to start the show, Matt, I did all that Clipper negativity and say that they gobbled up our time yesterday.
Speaker 2: They did, they cut us in half.
Speaker 4: Well, we got four hours four hours today and a long show and then a couple shows next week before we take our annual Christmas vacation. But there will be plenty plenty to embrace on the station tomorrow. As schedule talk continues here in the Pettersen Money Show on m FI seventy LA Sports. We have Saturday NFL Football Eagles at the Commander's kick off at one thirty Pacific time, and then tomorrow night a class between those barn burning Clippers and the Lakers. And Luca went off last night, pregame at six thirty, tip off at seven thirty. Here on AM five seventy LA Sports. You can listen to Luka Doncic play on seventy LA Sports tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: It's the old uh, it's the old Donald Sterling back of the La Times Sports page. By these six Clipper games and you'll get to see Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson.
Speaker 4: It's a lot like the La Times one page article or one page advertisement in the sports section about who's coming that you could see at the sports arena to play the Clippers, got Karl Malone coming in. It's gonna be great. And Sunday we have three, count them, three NFL games on the cluster At ten am, Mattin and Company will be on KFI of Courgers with the Chargers and the Cowboys. And Sunday right here on m FI seventy LA Sports, we've got NFL play by play with the Steelers and the Leonis at one. That's a great game, and the Patriots Ravens at five. And this has been scheduled talk edel Short and I believe we have Monday Night football as well.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 4: That'll be on Mondays, so that's a flex alert on Monday. We'll start at two o'clock on Monday and go till five. Schedule talk here on the Petris and Money Show on a seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: I'd like to air an old man grievance, which I should be.
Speaker 4: Again already about the clip you was started with the Clippers. We had such a great turnout yesterday.
Speaker 2: And it's Friday, and it's a cause for celebration. But I just would like to because I do believe having kind of looked at the cross section of our audience, a solid amount of females, a sprinkling of youth, a sprinkling of the elderly.
Speaker 4: Well, you know how appealing you are to women, Matt.
Speaker 2: You know, almost death party. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 4: Geez, it's a well document.
Speaker 2: Casanova when I was in middle school, but I would like to point out because I just had a panic attack before we got on the air, and their scar tissue. For those of a certain age, like me in my fifties, when the power went out when we were kids and we were in school, it was a death sentence, an absolute death sentence. You were in the middle of your mid terms, a freaking English assignment that had to be six seven pages long, and you forgot to throw the floppy disk, or you had been lazy to rolled the floppy disc into the drive to save your work, and somehow there was a power surge and everything in the house or your dorm or the library went black and you lost it all because you forgot to save or you lost a portion of it, fifty percent of it.
Speaker 4: You're writing a paper and the power went out and you lost it.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 2: You lost it all.
Speaker 4: Somebody could lose their whole paper if they didn't save it every five minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was, it was. It was terrifying. It was horrible. It was hours upon hours of work that would just disappear. We just had a power surge here at my house and I'm freaking out and I'm trying to get the white.
Speaker 4: You lose all your work, Matt? Did you lose your work?
Speaker 2: So I've got all my prep for the Chargers Cowboys game that I've been working on today and yesterday, and this computer goes black, and I'm immediately going to panic mode. I'm like, you've got to be kidding me. Hours of work gone because the Cowboys stuff. We played them in the preseason last year and I barely do anything for the preseason because it's all third stringers.
Speaker 4: You only rushed for like eight yards when you played them that day.
Speaker 2: So I go into full panic mode. And then the computer restarts and it immediately reboots everything as was. Would you like to restore chrome pages to what they were? Yes? Would you like to restore word to what yes?
Speaker 4: So you're saying it's better than it used to be.
Speaker 2: I'm saying the kids don't know, the fear, the terror, the panic that would ensue over the ten minutes in trying to remember how much of your work you hit. It was prior to the power outage. A real deflator, it really was. It really would destroy. It could destroy your whole semester. It really could. It really could destroy. Man, I was supposed to meet this chick. Yeah, it's gonna get laid tonight.
Speaker 4: And you're a real student, if you really were a real student, and I was barely that, it could really really destroy your semester. So gather your bearings, Matt, after such a terrible moment.
Speaker 2: Freaking out to the high hells though, who.
Speaker 4: And let's get to a Frogman Friday.
Speaker 1: Somewhere. Be on the sea, somewhere waiting for me.
Speaker 4: My lover stands on golden sands and watches the ships and go say that on a Frogman Friday, the Petrols and Money Show embraces the deep seas, the Pacific Ocean, whether or not they're filled with sewer water.
Speaker 2: It's unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a big ocean. There's also an island of plastic models the size of Texas out there somewhere, apparently, Yes, we also embrace the people that protect us from the ocean lifeguards like Great Crumb, everybody up and down the coast, and the greatest undersea mercenary of all time Lloyd Bridges played by Mike Nelson in Seahi.
Speaker 7: Sharks are good for one thing, an argument. Some people say that they won't attack you unless you attack them or interrupt them at feeding time. How they say a shark will charge the minute he sees you that you're what he wants to feed on.
Speaker 3: I'm somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 7: I'm a scuba diver, Mike Nelson, and I've run into my share of sharks. They haven't attacked me yet, but there's always the first time, and today out here in the warm Pacific might be it. I was looking for sharks. One shark anyway from Marine Land at the Pacific.
Speaker 4: Bill Plaski a shark in his own nuts.
Speaker 8: We're still gonna take that to Florida.
Speaker 4: You know what that's like. These days.
Speaker 3: You got the f and Navy everywhere.
Speaker 8: You got frogmen, frogman, you got EC twos with the satellite tracking, you got the effing bell two to nine assault droppers out the air. We're losing one out of every nine loans. That's no duck walk anymore. May tell you forget about the money. What do you suggest that is reasonable?
Speaker 4: What's reasonable is sea lab of bards. Check After and despite the momentary panic and the power surge down in northern Orange County right on the border there by the break, we are very grateful. We have a lot to be grateful for, Matt. We had a great show yesterday at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House. Despite being circums sized by the Clippers and the NBA change in schedule and Adam Silver and his diabolical in season tournament. We had a great time yesterday Tony Wu and everybody else, And of course Tim Kates's garage sales style made it pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we cannot say thanks enough to everybody involved, from Tim Kates putting together our PMS flea market.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean he even did the sizes, Matt.
Speaker 2: I mean by size, so people would just come up and point to the pile medium large XL sweatshirt. Right before I left, I ran into the guy that got the Greek key black hooded sweatshirt. Was very excited but confused by it.
Speaker 4: So was I. That's why none of us ever took it.
Speaker 2: And of course our friend Brett at Westinghouse to have the fifty eight inch westing House four k Ultra TV to give away as a grand prize was great. Dave Wiese for helping us out with prizes. Miss January with the Bjy's gift cards. Got to see Kent. Great to see him again. Sweet James came to see us.
Speaker 4: James was the star. Everybody was taking pictures with him. I don't know if anybody took pictures with fifty to fifty Stephen and his mom, but he was there.
Speaker 2: I took a picture with her.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah I did. But I'm just saying like listeners like you know, like show celebrities like Sweet James.
Speaker 2: Oh and I forgot to say yesterday in our final segment because we only had twenty seconds. But apologies to Kathy Adam and Cathy, the couple behind us in Irvine. Apparently I called her Christine repeatedly, Oh my god, and her sister enjoyed giving her the business about that.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So I guess some sort of sibling rivalry led to a little bit of strife and discord.
Speaker 5: For that.
Speaker 4: You cause that problem, Matt, and then you've got in a fight with Clyle.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't call it a fight. I would say neither of it.
Speaker 4: You're the one that brought it up. I mean, I don't know what I have.
Speaker 2: Neither of us were willing to back off our position. I blocked Kyle on Instagram and Lyle was asking why I shared why I did not like something she did to David Vassay. She was defending herself, saying that she did nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: I've done nothing wrong, to which she said, do anything.
Speaker 2: I basically said, you're insane if you don't think what you did was done in the spirit of trying to cause.
Speaker 4: Him harm maliciously.
Speaker 2: Yes, because you are a fan of a baseball team. He is an employee of a baseball team.
Speaker 4: She's not just a fan.
Speaker 2: And that's what she tried to tell me.
Speaker 4: She's berger casto.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm not just a fan. I was like, you are just a fan. That is all that you are. You are nothing more than that.
Speaker 4: Wow. It got ugly, it did.
Speaker 2: She would not back down, so you would call it a fight or it was a it was a differing up a pail mad. Yeah, I just said, Kyle, there until you acknowledge that what you did was was in the spirit of causing harm and perhaps trying to get David Vaska fired.
Speaker 4: I mean we got the background music. I thought this was going to be positive.
Speaker 2: It is. It is very positive. All that being said, it was wonderful to see.
Speaker 4: Her, to make her walk her over. When you walked, we.
Speaker 2: Had a nice embrace, I said, Clyle, I still appreciate you. I'm happy to hear you're doing better and getting around. So Yes, it was great to see her, even though we hadn't disagree a verbal disagree.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming out and we'll be back out at Bjay's restaurant in brew House.
Speaker 2: Look all the fun you can have. He's so much funnily with me. Hey, Christie, her name's Katy and her sister really was really giving her the business.
Speaker 4: It really was great, and Tony Wu was a real highlight that guy had. He had a lot of energy and he was fun to talk to. And it seems like that guy reading between the lines, Brian Gutierrez, is a real pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: At certain.
Speaker 6: I talked to Tony Wu, me and social media Matt for a good ten minutes before the show started and I swear I was about to buy some property in West Covina by the time he got done.
Speaker 2: Talking to us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was the real sales He convinced me that he's going to be bringing everything to that city and I need to be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What do people do here? We party, That's what we do.
Speaker 2: What should your tax dollars go to partying?
Speaker 4: And you know what, He's right when I was. When I was leaving, I drove right by Party City and I thought about Tony Wu. You know what I You know what I did, and I don't want to mention it, but I didn't want to know. I didn't want to mention it yesterday because we were at BJ's. But you know what it's like if you get to a remote early and I got there like an hour and twenty minutes early, so I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I think, I know what you did.
Speaker 4: Where did you think I went? Man?
Speaker 2: Did you go to the Jollie Bee?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: Dude, I wanted to go.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god, I've heard nothing.
Speaker 2: I've heard incredible things about that place.
Speaker 4: I went, and it's right by the Jolly b headquarters, which is in West Covina of course, it's there because of Tony.
Speaker 2: Wu Whil of course.
Speaker 4: And then they have like a store across the street and it had a drive through, and I'd never been to the Jolly Bee. I'm not from the Philippines or whatever. Even though we did celebrate Vietnam Christmas yesterday and we've been celebrating for a week or so now, and we talked about the Sea Games.
Speaker 2: Right, Philippini's doing well in the Sea Games.
Speaker 4: That's right, Southeast Asia for the c A Games.
Speaker 2: How was it well?
Speaker 4: The menu was confusing to me because there was like spaghetti, but they also had burgers and fries and then what they're famous for, the chicken. But I didn't need, you know, I was gonna eat in my car and said silently while listening to my Nero Wolf book. So I I got just one cheeseburger, just the most basic thing. And let me tell you that Jolly Bee cheeseburger. I was like, my god, it was freaking great.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so jealous. I wanted to go, and I didn't get there in time, and I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 4: And you know, and at first I was very skeptical because there was nobody in the drive through and then I ordered, and then I waited at the window, and then they were like, would you go park, we'll bring it out to you.
Speaker 2: Oh, and You're like, oh, come on, I don't like this.
Speaker 4: And I was like, what's going on? What's going on here? A jolly bee? And I parked and they brought it out to me and I ate in silence and right by the party city because it's a big party in West Coal, and I was like, wow, man, freak out. That's a hell of a burger. I might move to the Philippines. Matt had the hell with West Kovie.
Speaker 2: Right, and I hear the best thing on the menu is the spaghetti of all things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the spaghetti and the chicken, which I guess comes with right.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's great. I'm glad you got to try it. I totally spaced. I saw it and I was like, all right, you don't have time right now. But after you're going.
Speaker 4: Well, there's the in and out across the freeway, you know. Kates went straight into the Bej's. He got there early and got chicken tenders and took him to the face before too many people got.
Speaker 2: There, and he got his uh, he got he got chicken tenders, mac and cheese nuggets and peeb and Jay's finger sandwiches after he set up the garage set, and an apple juice man and an apple juice that's right, And I think you got fruits.
Speaker 4: And at halftime we ate orange. We ate orange orange at halftime of the show. All right, Well, we're gonna talk to Don McLain next.
Speaker 2: So what was on the cheeseburger? It was just like a cheeseburger, like no special jolly be sauce.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like noodles on it or anything. It was just a beautifully balanced cheeseburger. And I was like, Wow, what else does a jolly Bee have to offer? And there's one right here on Hawthorn, you know, you seem to me, yeah, there's one of here. Well, we got such a big Asian community in Torrance in the South Bend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they squeeze all that out here in OCE. It stops at the border.
Speaker 4: And the other new fast food place you see around is the you on.
Speaker 2: A subway man. We got a lot of those.
Speaker 4: They got the Poilo Campano, which is like the El Salvadorian chicken that people like that too. I've never been there. But the Jolly bee man, man, I mean, I gotta go try it all. And then Johnny from Promotions, who I think has a little bit of a Southeast Asian in him, I can see that, Yeah, was likely you guys don't know about the jolly but you guys are idiots. And I meant to tell you during the break, but you know, you were all dressed up like Santa and fighting with Klyle and taking pictures and signing autographs is the plice of the Bolts.
Speaker 2: Fighting with Klyle.
Speaker 4: The one thing you shouldn't have done, Mat is pick up her walker and jousted her with.
Speaker 2: Throw and say go chase that. Huh.
Speaker 4: Well, we hope you had a good time if you came out to the party. If you didn't, we're going to be out at Bjayson January too, so don't worry. We're always having something out. But I don't know if we'll ever be able to blow it out like that again, Matt. Even if last week twenty years worth of stuff, I felt a lot lighter today.
Speaker 6: Yes, you see your office, man, you're like sprints back and forth and there.
Speaker 4: So we still have for the next remotes. We still have black Matt Liner to give away to somebody very special. Sure, the Darius Rucker photo, which is technically would we would be.
Speaker 2: Stealing it, but nobody would notice.
Speaker 4: What else do we have to give away?
Speaker 6: I was told that was the previous regime too, that put all those pictures up. They're not even here anymore.
Speaker 2: So you can, right, you can take it. It's exactly right.
Speaker 4: The hockey stick. We still have giveaway's hockey stick, so we still have three things to give away.
Speaker 2: A lot of people in King's gear, I think because we said we were going to bring the hockey stick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody took a punk signed by a Kings player that we didn't know who it was. We couldn't read it.
Speaker 6: That helmet, by the way for the Chargers was signed by Mantiteo, right, Oh cool, So I had to explain to the winner who got that. We googled Mantiteo to show her.
Speaker 2: Who he was. Oh, I just joined us like a month ago.
Speaker 4: Tell her not to read all the way down. No, we'll be back with Don McClain, the BFF of the show. Don McClain will join us next. We'll have a lot of pro football talk with the top story of the day, we'll have some British news. We'll have the college football whip around before the game starts. Stay with us, it's Pettersen Money on till seven.
Speaker 3: We've made it even easier to make LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android.
Speaker 2: Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports, home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Hit the follow button on our iHeartRadio app. Get the latest notifications for everything that's happening here on NAM five to seventy LA Sports, including Dodger Talk with Dave he will not be on tonight. And this weekend we got a lot of play by play, No Dodger Talk, no play by play tonight but tomorrow and Eagles Commander's Contest at one thirty, followed by Clippers v. Lakers the used to be called Tunnel Series that of course, is no longer that. As the Clippers play at the end tw at Dome and Inglewood. With their six wins, the Clippers aren't doing well.
Speaker 4: Don McClain is detached, the leading sco in the history of the Back twelve. His statue stands tall and beautiful Lemon Park in his home down to Seam Valley, decorated NBA player working now for FS one, the Big Ten Network, c AA Athletics. The next ass he kisses will be the first a hero to the show on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. I don't know if we'll talk to him next week. It depends on the schedule. It is the one and Olden. Don McClain, what's cracking down? How are you?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Just heading to Paul Pavilion, hoping that tonight's UCLA cal Pol men's game doesn't mirror the UCLA Women Cal Poly women game of earlier in the week where the Lady Bruins won by eighty seven. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know, I mean you would have a story there too, though, Dona. I mean, you know, if the score is by eighty seven, I mean there's a lot to talk about there. I mean, forty is one thing, but you know, eighty seven, that's a pretty big number. But I want to ask you. I know you have some holiday habits.
Speaker 1: But there was a rumor the other day that you finally met David Vasse, famous Dodger reporter at Phinney's in Westlake, and what transpired in that meeting?
Speaker 4: Did that meeting occur?
Speaker 5: You misspoke, p I have a lot of holiday bad habits to start. We did meet at Phinny's and it was great. David. You know, I think because I've lived there a lot longer than Dave, I'm still a fan of Phinny's. But he's still in real fandom of Phinney's.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's still in all of Phinney's.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, like you would have thought we were in a Michelin five star restaurant.
Speaker 2: It's like that.
Speaker 5: But no, we had a good time. And the interesting part about Phinneys this time of year. As friends of ours we've known for a long time own a women's clothing boutique that's right next door, and Trish the owner, and Brook my wife or friends and have been for a long time. But the interesting part about it is because I go in there, she has the best store in town this time of year. Why because all these guys that go to Finny's, whether it's during the week or on the weekend, need to go Christmas shopping, right after and so they go in there three four or five beers deep. And Tricia's told me that they spend way more after stopping at Finney's than they do if they just come in before the Finnies.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the plang trish the dish?
Speaker 5: Now, it's called sugar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'll give you some sugar love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually pretty well. She actually now she actually sponsors a night now where she bypasses Finney's and brings in the beers herself.
Speaker 2: Smart, have a beer, spent all your money, you know what that white shop. You sit here and drink the beer. The wife picks everything out, and you just flip the card here at the end and everybody wins.
Speaker 5: Don how it's been done before too, Matt. That's that has been done before. We'll be over at Finish's. Just let me know when you're done. How much I need to how much I need to pay?
Speaker 2: How big was uh? And I don't know, like it started out right and then he went through a little bit of a lull there. But how important was that that Donovan Dent performance against against Asu?
Speaker 5: Well he's still you know, it's so interesting, Matt, because you talk to the coaches, and he like dominates practice and doesn't miss a lot of shots and makes threes and like he's two for eight, I think two for nineteen now from three on the season, and he's sixty three percent of the free throw line. It I can't figure out, and I don't want to ask him because it just gets in their head even more. But obviously he's feeling the pressure. Is he feeling the pressure of everybody knows how much money you got to come to UCLA and I need to play up to that? Or is it? And I've seen this for years and years. I have to impress NBA people. You put too much pressure on yourself. Every shot matters, and you're not playing free and you don't make as much as you should. And so I feel like it's one of those two things, or vote. But I don't think UCLA as we get closer to restarting Big Ten conference play, I don't think they can achieve what a lot of us think they could achieve until he starts shooting it better. And I'm not putting it all on him, but it's a fact because once you get into conference play, Scotter reports are thicker. They understand it they'll just stop guarding them, and now you're playing against a packed paint because whoever's guarding him standing at the nail at the free throw line, and now your offense is going to get bogged down because there's no driving lanes, there's no spacing. So he has to get going. Yes, he played well against ASU, but he has to get consistent from the perimeter. His playmaking has been terrific, setting guys up, making it easier. I mean, Skytt clarkshooting fifty two from three on the season, so he's obviously making it easier for everyone else, which is great. But again, if we're talking about UCLA contending in the Big Ten, going deep in a tournament, he's going to have to be more consistent. From me on the three point.
Speaker 4: Line, UCLA cap Polly Tonight, our friend Don McLean will be on the call. It takes a long time to get things through at UCLA. You more than anybody, understand the bureaucracy of that place. So a couple months ago they did an extension for McK cronin, but it is coming out now that he's got another five years. Is that just part of the normal calendar of college basketball for coaches or does it mean something extra with McK cronin any news there.
Speaker 5: Well, I just I think I don't know this. I'm just speculating that you're seeing, and you guys know you're seeing what's happening in college football, and like look mixed, Ben Grady U c l A. No one can argue that. So let's lock him up even farther so that he can't get get out of here. And Mick has told me even privately, that this is where he wants to finish his career. And so I think for both sides it made a lot of sense. I don't know really know about the timing, but I think it might have something to do with all this college college football stuff and guys leaving and you know the curroucel of that. So I'm sure you see.
Speaker 4: In u c l A.
Speaker 5: Fan should be happy that he got an extension. And then it does look like Mick's going to be here until he's done coaching, which is great.
Speaker 2: Who is no longer here And I can't I can never remember if I would say his name right a die or a day a die. I believe Mara, Yeah, And if you're some and if you're if you're if you're like some broadcasters, Matt, you roll the r.
Speaker 4: What the rebound? Mada puts it back, Lara.
Speaker 2: He's playing really well.
Speaker 5: Clear of that over here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, Michigan's really good. How did that kind of you do we know how that went down? What went wrong? Because clearly he's going to be a force, I would assume when the tournament rolls around.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a force right now. I mean, he's playing really well. I don't know what happened. I don't think it was ever a great fit mentally and emotionally for Marraw. We know how Mick likes to get after guys, and he gets the most out of guys, and when you sign up to play for Mick and UCLA, you know it's coming. So I'm a little surprised he went there in the first place. But look, he made a jump last year, and Dusty May deserves a lot of credit for how he's using Mara, for how he's playing. I'm sure they've developed him, but I'm not sure he wouldn't have made that jump at UCLA this year either if he had stayed, because that's a natural progression, especially for big guys thin big guys takes him a couple of years to get used to physicality, get in the weight room, get stronger. So again, look, he's playing great for Michigan and Dusty's getting the most out of him. But I think he would have made that same jump hatt he stayed at UCLA as well.
Speaker 4: The one and only Don McLain, our bff on the Petrosen Money Show calling the UCLA game tonight. Don. The Clippers are so bad that that that's become a story just how bad they are. And I mean they got James Harden running around out there, They have Kawhi Leonard, they have a Vizza Spotts who's a great young center. How could they be this bad?
Speaker 5: I have no idea, to be honest with you, And if I didn't know what everyone knows, I would accuse them of starting to tank. But guess what, they don't have their first rounder next year, so they can't. It can't be that. So I don't know. Internally, there's got to be something going on. The culture's not right because they have a good enough roster to not only be way better than they are, but you know, being the top, I mean I would have thought all things being equal, top six in the West at this point minimum and it's just been a complete collapse. So obviously whatever's going on in that locker room, in that locker room with the coaching staff or whatever just isn't right, because for them to be six in whatever they are is almost comical with the roster that they.
Speaker 2: Have six and twenty one and their schedule does not ease up. Lakers tomorrow, you'll hear that right here, followed by Houston. They get Detroit, Boston, Golden State, the Knicks all through the first week of January. Now they do have a little Utah, Sacramento, Portland in there as well, but I don't think they'd be favored to win those games that I put all that out there. Don what they can't keep this team. I've got to believe, like you said, it's an unprotected first it's going to go to Oklahoma City that right now is trending toward being one of the top three picks. I've got to believe they've got to trade some of these guys to get some first round picks or to just reset this whole thing without having any assets to show for the Paul George trade.
Speaker 5: Okay, so who wants to nobody's taken on Kawhi's contract with his track record at playing and not playing and being hurt and all that. Harden maybe, but he's been on a lot of different teams and has finally kind of found his place with the Clippers. I think the most tradable player on the Clippers is Zubots. But now he's a young guy of building a foundational piece. Are you really going to get rid of that guy to try and get some draft picks that might not be as good as he is? So I just don't know, John Collins, I don't know who teams would want, Contending teams would want, you know that they would trade first for. I don't think there is anybody other than Zubots, to be honest, geez. And if I'm the Clipper, yeah, he's the Zubats is the last guy I want to trade on that team.
Speaker 4: Well, Don McClain is a great man of the barbecue. Chet Briquette takes calls sometimes on the show and things of that nature. Before we get to the Lakers. If we do get to the Lakers, what.
Speaker 5: Real bad news and you just mentioned it it's supposed to rain on Christmas.
Speaker 4: What do you usually do barbecue of prim arm or something.
Speaker 5: Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not good. We got to get there.
Speaker 4: Pop up done, get a slicker like a like one of those fishermen in Maine.
Speaker 5: Get out that have done that before. The problem is is getting the barbecue lit number one. But I guess the pop up is the only solution.
Speaker 2: Pop up done, Go to sugar and get a parasol. That'll work. I'm not worried about me. I'm just worried about executing. Yeah, well that's the yeah. Anyways, that's a real true. That's a that's a real because look, you put a pop up there, maybe the smoke gets trapped and now you know, we got some inhalation issues. Don't want that.
Speaker 5: There's about a little inhalation. Can you deal with that?
Speaker 4: We had no problem with that around here.
Speaker 2: An industrial fan, you know, blow the smoke out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, industrial fan. We gotta pop up. We got a forgot. Don You played with Alan Iverson, who was a big superstar like Luka doncics. Did he ever buy you guys a bunch of bicycles or or or vespas or anything?
Speaker 5: No, No he didn't. I loved ay and he was generous though, like when we went out and stuff. He'd pick up the tab a lot of times, but never bought us anything. But there was nothing really worth celebrating.
Speaker 2: We were terrible.
Speaker 5: I played with him this rookie year. We won like twenty games, fair enough. There wasn't like, you know, we deserved a role axe or something for the twentieth win of the season out of eighty two.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope nobody gets hurt on the Laker e bikes like Johnny Juzang did on.
Speaker 2: That scooter TIMEX iron Man betwn cool. You know that would be don. We appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you and the family. Uh, hopefully you can get the barbecue situation figured out, because it's just not Christmas at the McLean's if don ain't cwan so damn right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Merry Christmas to you guys. Maybe we catch up next week. We have a weird not weird, but a different U c l A one o'clock tip on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Nice, I had to get your post game.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll watch the game before. Yeah, but come on post game, give us a recap on the Petrosen Money Show, Don McLain everybody, and we'll be back with some holiday music to make or break, smash it or trash it kinda yeah, it's uh. I mean there's some good. There's some good, and there's some bad, and I think there's to appreciate, but there's also a slippery slope into dystopia that has to be consentered. Stay with us and we'll tell you all about it. It's Patterson money on a five seventy. We'll get a college whip next hour before this game starts. Stay with us and stay cool.
Speaker 3: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Roddee. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with.
Speaker 1: David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We'll be thinking of Don McClean. We are going till seven o'clock. No play by play to night, but a heck of a lot of it over the weekend. The Clippers Lakers we were just talking about will play tomorrow. That's a seven thirty tip here, six thirty pre game with that of Oslin. Prior to that, though, we do have NFL football. It's a double header tomorrow for the NFL, and we will have the Eagles Commander's game that kicks off at one thirty tripleheader on Sunday. It all starts on KFI with a huge Chargers Cowboys contest down in Dallas ten a m kick. Chargers win. And while they can't make it official until the Week eighteen game between the Colts and the Texans, it will for the most part be official that they will be in the postseason. So that one kicks off at ten am on KFI, and then right here on five seventy we got Steelers, Lions, Patriots, Ravens going.
Speaker 4: All right, Matt Well, We've long had a lot of friends on the Petres and Money Show that contribute to the show, and none more than Steve Bush. Steve Bush, who's a great Filipino man with a lovely wife, Molica, and their family moved to North Carolina, but he long time has contributed to the show as a musician and a sound engineer and putting different things together. He created a lot of our jingles and like the he's produced a lot of shows. I'll ce if baseball in ninety six. Yeah, a lot of them. Some of them are us and some of them are Yeah. That's well okay, So anyway, you get the idea of the stuff Steve Bush has built over the years. And he also did the Petros and Money Show outro song, which is what you hear at the end of the show every single day. So we're like, you know, hey, see you later. Coming up next, the Clippers are going to lose yeah, and that place, so we're you to it. It's been many years and we're very spoiled with listeners who just contribute to the show because they like the show and if it's good enough to play on the show, we'll play it. So anyway, Steve Bush did two things. But the only problem is there AI. And I know we don't do a lot of AI around here. We try, we try to keep ittist.
Speaker 2: That's right, walking by the Ocean.
Speaker 4: But the Petros and Money Show outro song, he did a Christmas AI version that we could just use in December. I don't know here it is.
Speaker 9: The Petrols among this show, we're coming back going tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Check out this Crunching Good.
Speaker 4: The petrol Niche Show.
Speaker 9: We're coming back gone tomorrow unless it's Friday. Can't check out this crunchy grooves, check out this crunching.
Speaker 3: The pet shows in this show. But it's a gun tomorrow.
Speaker 4: But it's worth playing just to say, you know, that's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe we just use it once or twice. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 4: I don't want to send any kind of weird precedent with AI other than the Petress and money suck and see we haven't done it. You know, people call for it all the time, but we don't play it because it's.
Speaker 2: Aid we're pro artist.
Speaker 4: Show here we are. But that is impressive.
Speaker 2: Check.
Speaker 4: You know, piny groove kind of what And I know Ronnie loves it, you know, change up Yeah yeah, and then uh he did a uh he did a Tim Kates one.
Speaker 3: He's produced a lot of shows.
Speaker 4: I don't see. I have baseball.
Speaker 10: Let's all celebrate it because everybody loves him.
Speaker 4: Holiday cads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that a lot. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: We're all going to be replaced by machines.
Speaker 2: That the problem. But you know, Elon Musters, we don't need money anymore and we don't have the word. Yeah, he's gonna do everything, so they'll do great sports talking. You can just sit around and drink and start smoking cigarettes again. You know, I don't see why you can't do that now, can't do it inside, you know, you gotta be outside.
Speaker 6: I was thinking twenty twenty six, we start the AI hour from six to seven. It's just all AI pms on what's happening in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: I thought, there's going to be better than us, and then they're gonna be like, well, why don't we just do all AI pms for four hours and you idiots can disappear?
Speaker 4: Great call. Jes produced a lot of shows. I'll see I have baseball.
Speaker 10: Let's all celebrate because everybody loves him.
Speaker 2: God, it's good. It sucks, it's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we pull smoking AI.
Speaker 2: Man that trust money sn C.
Speaker 4: Anyway, food for thought, A big thank you always for the contributions of Bush and he did send it with the caveat like, hey, it's AI, but here it is. We'll be back with your word number Song of the Day guaranteed delivered by us and our puzzas