Speaker 1: It was Radio seven hundred WW Mike Allen and Saturday Midday a little Chili Saturday morning. Well, the violent crime beat goes on in the city of Cincinnati. I'm sure you probably heard about this already after the Bengals Steelers game last Thursday night, right outside of the in Between Bar, which is at Sycamore and Third Street.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what you know.
Speaker 1: I used to live downtown and went down there, you know, for games and things a lot, and there are always people outside of that place. It's just a pretty low key bar. Anyway, this shooting took place right at the end between bar. It's Sycamore and Third Street. This wasn't your normal shooting. This man, the decedent, was shot twenty three times. Twenty three times. Of course he's dead. You're not going to survive twenty three shots. Well, anyway, the dude was caught and indicted I think this week, and he was wearing an ankle monitor. Ankle monitor. Of course, being with the probation department puts on some probationers to monitor where they're going. Obviously, this guy was going down to the in Between bar to fire twenty three shots into somebody. So he was on probation again. No real surprise there, but just to revisit another issue real quickly, the judges, the Common Police Court judges voted to close for probation substations in you know, high crime areas Price Hill, Avondale, OTR, Madisonville, and by all accounts, they were really working well, being in there, being in the neighborhoods well for some reason, and maybe there's an answer I'd never heard it to the question why did they stop doing that when it's been a success And apparently the probation officers thought it was a success too. I don't know why they stopped that. I guess we can only speculate. I mean, maybe it was because it was working too well. Too many probationers who violated were ending up locked up. And well, I'll tell you what, there are some in our community that sure wouldn't want that anyway. I'd like to have an answer to that at some point. Well, then you look at our mayor, Aftab Puer ofval. We also learned this week that completely completely out of the blue, Mayor purrival wants to play police chief now on Thursday. The mayor, who I guess now wants to run the police department. He decided that CPD will increase enforcement of low level crimes, which is a direct contradiction to where counsel and administration and the mayor have been all along. And that decree just kind of came out of nowhere. Now, it might be helpful if the mayor and council and city manager are really serious about it, But I mean, two weeks before an election, why would you do it then? Why would you do it with the department in such an uproar now based upon the crappy treatment that Chief Fiji has received. But here's the problem. Here's the problem with enforcing these low level crimes. You know, I don't know a lot about a lot, but I know a lot about a little.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: The minute a Cincinnati police officer looks the wrong way or says the wrong thing to a suspect, that officer is then in the jackpot and he will get no backing from the administration or the mayor whatsoever. And you know what, if you don't believe me, go out and ask a street cop if they're friends, and you know, they're reluctant to talk. And I understand that, but that is the prevailing opinion or I guess feeling in the Cincinnati Police Department, I ain't sticking my neck out because if I make a mistake, a legitimate mistake that doesn't hurt anybody, but may offend some boom here I am, I'm in the docket, then that's the problem.
Speaker 2: That's the problem.
Speaker 1: And you know they're not going to get any backing from the administration. You know, they'll be on their own, except for, thank goodness, the FOP who defends those officers. And you know this is because the mayor who is in the city manager, who are creatures of politics, they have to appease certain elements of their can constituency who, let's just be honest about it, don't like or trust cops. They don't want cops who are tough on crime. They don't want it. And everyone knows that no matter what happens, it's always the cops fault with certain parts of this constituency, it's always the cops fault. You know, I think it's a good time now to take a little history lesson here issue five. Some of you may remember that, most of you probably won't, but thanks to the FOP, and by the way, we're going to be talking FOP President Ken Kober at eleven thirty. Here's the thing. It's back in the news again. Let me tell you what it is first. It's and I've talked about it before on this show. I've talked about it ever since I've been on not a lot. Okay City Issue five. It passed in two thousand and one, barely fifty two percent to forty eight percent. It won, So it was close what Issue five did. And it was a charter amendment. It took away the chiefs, police, chief, fire chief their civil service protection and gave it to the politicians, mayor, city manager, council.
Speaker 2: The system worked fine.
Speaker 1: But then we had Issue five, and boy, a lot of people and I was involved in it too.
Speaker 2: I was prosecutor at the time.
Speaker 1: A lot of people worked really hard on that campaign because those who have any experience in this city and in the criminal justice system knew at some point, at some point and were at some point now in the year twenty twenty five, it was going to be a disaster. So anyway, they you know, they had this thing, they had the election, it barely won. Let me give you a little context here for Issue five.
Speaker 2: And This is from AI.
Speaker 1: And you know, I look at these things before I talk about them, and this is accurate, and most of the stuff that I research on AI is accurate. Just give me a second here. I want to make sure people understand what it was, Okay, according to AI. After voter approval of Cincinnati's Issue five in two thousand and one, the city's police chief lost civil service protection. The charter amendment gave the city manager the power to hire and fire department heads, including the police chief and fire chief, without the traditional protections given to classified civil service employees. Just a little bit more on the background of Issue five. Context for the vote. Issue five was put on the ballot following the two thousand and one riots in Cincinnati, which were sparked by the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black teenager, Sam Timothy Thomas. And again, I was a prosecutor at the time. Knee deepen at I remember well. Anyway, reasons for the change. Proponents of Issue five argued that the old civil service rules made it too difficult to remove a police chief who was not performing effectively.
Speaker 2: Well, they got half of that right.
Speaker 1: It did make it more difficult for politicians to get rid of the police chief shift in authority. Before issue five, the police chief was selected through a civil service process and their employment was protected. After Issue five passed, the authority to appoint and remove the chief was consolidated under the city manager, and of course that means the mayor. So that's the deal with Issue five. You know, Issue five. I said it at the time. I believe it now more than ever. It was a bad had bad idea from the start, and everybody knew it. And again it only passed fifty two to forty eight percent, but hey, that's enough to win, and they did. Before issue five, I would posit that the police chief was insulated from the politics of city hall. And that's as it should be. And I'll tell you something, the City of Cincinnati, even going back all that time, we were kind of one of the exceptions to the way it usually works. You know, where the mayor gets mad about something the cops do. Boom, police chief is gone. City manager gets upset, Boom, police chief is gone. It was a good thing that we were different in that regard. We took politics well, politics was taken out of that process until Issue five passed, and again the chief was insulated from the politics that go on down at city Hall. You know, the manager, the mayor, city manager, council. They did not get involved in the day to day operations of the Cincinnati Police Department. Well that's not true now, because you got the mayor now just out of nowhere, a couple of weeks before the election, deciding.
Speaker 2: That we know what, well maybe we will.
Speaker 1: Start enforcing these smaller offenses. And again, we were unique in that regard, unique in a good way. It worked well for many, many, many years. I think it goes all the way back to the twenties and the reform movement at Charter, the Charter Party started in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: We were different and different for a good reason.
Speaker 1: Now, I remember Chief Striker not putting up with any crap like this from the city manager or the mayor. And those of you that know Larry wal and know that he was the same way. He wasn't going to inject Those two guys were not going to have politics injected to their job. You know, they knew they had civil service protection. And you know, before five a person became chief through the civil service process. It wasn't a deal where you know, we like this one because this one is a certain sex or this one is a certain color.
Speaker 2: It was a merit based promotion situation.
Speaker 1: It was based on competence, period And really, credibly, you can argue all you want, but who can credibly argue that that's not a good thing. Well, let's fast forward to twenty twenty five. You know, you got a Democrat mayor Democrat council, no Republicans to be found anywhere, and now you have the mayor dictating how CPD conducts its business two weeks before the election. And is that a good thing for the city of Cincinnati. I'll know it's not a good thing. In almost every major city in this country, the chief is appointed by the mayor or council, or manager or both or all three. In some cases. We were unique that we didn't do it that way. We do it now. And all these cities, all these cities are run by Democrats, and man, they've done a great job, haven't they. So now in Cincinnati we have a police chief who does not have any civil service protection being made the scapegoat for the city's crime problems. And you know what, We're gonna be talking about that a lot this morning. That is not right, That is not right. She is being made a scapegoat for what's going on in this city, and again it just ain't right.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a mayor's election coming up in November. We all know that, so.
Speaker 1: The mayor needs to appear tough on crime, which is out of control, as I think we all know in this country. So what does he do out of nowhere? They put her on the chief Chief Fiji on administrative leave and let her twist in the wind. I guess they figure she's collateral damage to the mayor's political future. She has no civil service protection and it's just not right. And we also heard this week that the city is looking for maybe they found him a law firm to investigate the chief. I mean, what would a law firm know, presumably about police procedure. What are they going to investigate? Which just leaves her twisting in the wind even more. But you know, there's going to be a big old pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for Chief Fiji, and that says it should be.
Speaker 2: So what can we do.
Speaker 1: The obvious thing is to repeal Issue five and give the civil service protection back like we had for so many years before two thousand and one. But that's easier said than done. It looks like the police are ready for it based upon what they're doing the FOP and again we're going to talk to Ken Kober at eleven thirty. You know, back in two thousand and one, those that had any connection to law enforcement or the Cincinnati Police Department knew that this day was coming, and we're seeing it now playing out where the chief is being scapegoated.
Speaker 2: It's here now. So they need to stop.
Speaker 1: Scapegoating the chief of police and give the chief, not only chief of police, fire chief two their civil service protection back. What is such a big deal about that? And that is the only way that you're going to correct this nonsense anyway, That's what I think. As always, I want to know what you think. Seven four nine, seven thousand, eight hundred, The big one are the numbers. Mike Allen Saturday midday.
Speaker 3: The Football Bear casts have set the trap in Nipperage and are ready to snare at victory.
Speaker 4: From the Bears.
Speaker 3: Will you see beat Baylor or get entangled in the trap? It's a big twelve conference class. Catch the call live today at three pm on seven hundred WLW or string for free on the new and improved.
Speaker 5: iHeartRadio app behind on mortgage payments, facing costly return.
Speaker 1: They we're back Mike Allen, Saturday midday as promised. I'm going right to the phones here.
Speaker 2: Wait mate, to give me a second.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Barry in Miamisburg. Please, Hey, Barry, how you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning?
Speaker 2: What you got.
Speaker 1: I'm good, okay, I'm here.
Speaker 8: I don't know much about this issue fact that you were talking about. I wasn't going to comment on it. I just want to comment on You know, from the normal person's perspective, you have the police force. You have the police chief, and then you have the city council clowns, and then you have the mayor and the judges. You know, the problem isn't with the police force. It does not appear to be with the police chief, who was only doing what the clowns and the judges told her to do. The problem is with the clowns and the judges trying to force the go woke, go broke policies down with their throats.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I think you're essentially right about that, Barry Buck. The judges they don't really have anything to do with you know, police procedure, But they have a heck of a lot to do once the case gets in their courtroom, they have a heck.
Speaker 7: Of a lot to do.
Speaker 8: As you say about does this criminal go to jail or does he get out of jail in.
Speaker 7: Five hours or less?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have the ultimate say in that.
Speaker 8: So you know, they're just as much a part of the problem as in the case of where you know, some guy who's been arrested twelve times decides to shoot somebody. You know, why wasn't this clown in jail?
Speaker 1: Those are legit questions, And boy, you're hearing him more and more. You've always heard those questions, but you're sure hearing them more and more in this county. And you know, I mean, you have to look at each individual judge, but it's not what it used to be down there at the Hamilton County Courthouse.
Speaker 2: I can tell you.
Speaker 8: That she said in every county in the state, right, Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 7: You're right to live.
Speaker 8: Un Summery County, which is pretty much the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I've heard. It's just a bad situation.
Speaker 1: You do not want and or need politicians running the gosh darn police department.
Speaker 2: It's just stupid. It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: What makes political sense if you figure out why they want to do it. But as far as public safety, you know, let the chief run the department and stay out of his damn way unless he's doing something completely egregious or illegal. It worked pretty darn good in this city for a lot of years, and then we changed it in two thousand and one.
Speaker 7: You know, I am sure.
Speaker 8: The case where somebody got shot over.
Speaker 2: Twenty times, yeah, twenty three.
Speaker 7: Sir, this was not his first go round.
Speaker 1: I didn't look at his record, but I would venture to get well, he was on probation for something, so you know, I didn't look at his record, but I wasn't surprised.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry. Why wasn't this cat in jail where he belongs?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know what the situation with that case was, that he violated his probation and got put on what they called the box. But my guess is he's a frequent flyer. But I don't know that for a fact because I didn't look at his record.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, thank you and having my say.
Speaker 2: Okay, Berry, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, my guess is you shoot somebody twenty three times, you're somewhat of a depraved mind, I would think, and it it's probably a pretty healthy criminal record. But again I can't say for sure because I didn't look. Didn't they have time? Hey, let's talk to Jay in Centerville. Hello, Jay, how are you?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: Mike?
Speaker 7: How are you good? What you got?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 11: I don't spend I don't spend all my time in Centerville. I spent a tremendous amount of time in downtown Cincinnati and over the Rhye. My girlfriend lives in Clifton. We get out and enjoy and enjoy everything the city has to offer. You and I have talked before. I spent twenty years in Portland. Yes, and I see so many parallels between what happened in Portland ten years ago to what's going on in Cincinnati now. If people don't get out and vote, they're going to have another Portland here in Cincinnati. It's not going to be the vibrant, fun city that we have right now. It's going to go in the dumper. I can tell you people have a misunderstanding of what Portland is like. Downtown is not necessarily that dangerous, but there was a time where it was actually during the DLM and ANTIFA stuff, and it scared regular suburbanites going down there. And now there's nothing left. Everything is closed. There is not a store open, there is not a bar. Almost everything I remember from the time I lived there I left it in twenty twelve is gone. It is a barren, empty hellscape and no one goes. Eric's home was. Even the areas that they built up and turned into high rent condos and things along those lines. Those whole neighborhoods are overrun and people are leaving.
Speaker 12: There as well.
Speaker 13: So if you don't get out and vote, I don't care if Corey Bowman is jd Vance's brother or not. Really, if you don't get out there and vote for change, this is what you have coming. And I can promise you it's not good. We have a great city. I was born in Cincinnati, raised in Dayton. Half my time down here, and I'm scared.
Speaker 11: I can't. I see it was the two time mayor of Portland. He is apt to have purball, just in a different different suit.
Speaker 1: Well you know what a lot of people are thinking that, Jay, Let me ask you something.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you know about Portland.
Speaker 1: Why aren't the voters rebelling and not getting new people in there.
Speaker 2: Do they just not care?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hard to believe that they would wouldn't care, but it's it's it's really a mystery to me.
Speaker 2: Why don't they do something about it.
Speaker 11: Port of Cincinnati are a lot alike in size, So you have the core of Portland, which is a fairly small population. They are so heavily vested in being Democrats and being anti Republican that they would vote their own demise. And because the suburban areas can't vote in Portland elections, it just continues on and on. Like the last mayor, Ted Wheeler. His only opponent in his previous election was a self professed mallict who won, who wore a skirt that had mal and oh gosh, Stalin and Mussolini on her skirt.
Speaker 14: That was it.
Speaker 11: Nobody else opposed him, so he won again even though he was a complete and total failure. And people have to look at Purvol he's only making moves, like you said right now, to appease people so he can get re elected. This guy doesn't care about the city, he doesn't care about law enforcement, he doesn't care about safety, and he's only doing this to trick you into voting for him.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 11: He's a piece of garbage and people need to go out and vote against him or we're going to see this city turning into Portland. That would be sad.
Speaker 6: We have.
Speaker 11: I travel all over the world, Mike. There's not a place I know like Cincinnati for night life and things.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 11: It's unbelievable to go in the toilet, you know, and.
Speaker 1: You know you're right, and I live down there for about twelve years. It is a jewel. It is a gem. People don't realize what we have down there, and the quickest way to watch it go to pot is by having unbridled crime down there.
Speaker 2: But hey, I appreciate the call. It is a great call.
Speaker 11: Hey, Mike, one real quick question. So you ever noticed the bear always says feel safe. He doesn't talk about actual safety. He talks about feelings. I didn't know to drive people away. The safety doesn't talk about purple feelings are going to drive people away, But the reality is they are not safe.
Speaker 2: I hear you, No, I hear you.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 1: Okay, I appreciate the call. That was a good call, you know, And like I asked, him in Portland. Why do the people that live in that city tolerated. I mean, you know, you would think that they'd say, hey, I don't want this in my city. I'm going to vote for somebody else. Not necessarily Republican. That would be probably too much to ask there, but at least a Democrat. And there are some of them out there. Some of them are running this time out, not indorsed, but Democrats. Dendreaus comes to mind. My point is there are some Democrats out there that do something about it.
Speaker 2: I don't get Portland.
Speaker 1: The one thing I do get, though, is I don't want Cincinnati to turn into Portland. I don't think anybody does. Hey, who's up next. Let's talk to Bobby. Hey, good morning, Bobby.
Speaker 12: Hey, my call you.
Speaker 2: Will yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to tell you thanks for taking my call, and you are a true voice for the common.
Speaker 7: Man, my friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 12: I can sum up a lot of things on previous callers and ones that are coming up, and it's unfortunate to say that is things aren't gonna change in Cincinnati. The Democratic machine is well oiled. And I tell you what, if you look around from all the different things from who is giving the decision making process and who's counseling the mayor city manager. It's the only thing changing in Cincinnati is one thing, the speed of the fan, because they keep ex.
Speaker 2: When we already know what that is. Yep, you know.
Speaker 12: And I'll give you another example, Ahad the miners and stuff. They're going on about how the children were causing all the problems and they were gonna have holding facilities and do all these things.
Speaker 7: How many have they ever held none?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't know what they did with that, Bobby nothing.
Speaker 12: And they do that with everything else.
Speaker 7: They do nothing.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've said it a million times.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna say it about a million five before this day is over.
Speaker 2: It's very very simple.
Speaker 1: You want to get a handle on crime, you turn the cops loose, You let them be proactive, You let them police aggressively, appropriately and legally and constitutionally aggressive. That's the only way it's going to work. And we haven't had that in this city for a long long time.
Speaker 7: No we haven't.
Speaker 12: And I tell you what, you have to run it almost like an insurgency operation. Let the police do their job. Because if you eliminate a problem, you don't have to worry about the prosecutors and judges because there won't be a problem.
Speaker 2: No, you're right.
Speaker 12: I have to get to the root cause of all the problems and eliminate them.
Speaker 7: Well, it's it.
Speaker 1: I ain't hold my breath, but I'll do everything that I can do in my limited power to make some change down there. They need to go back to the old system where the chief of police and the fire chief too are not pawns on a chess table of the the city government, the manager, the mayor, et cetera. Give them civil service protection back. And we had some darn good chiefs under that system. But we shall see. I appreciate the call.
Speaker 7: Bobby, thank you, my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, and again that is the only way it's going to change.
Speaker 1: Go back to the way it was in the late eighties, early to mid nineties, where you turn them loose. You know, you say, guys go and girls go out there, be aggressive, be proactive. Hey, and if you screw up on a minor mistake or something of that nature, we are going to back you. That's what's missing, and that's just not Mike Gallon saying that that's a lot of current CPD guys and gals that can't say it. You know, they just can't because of their job. Hey, let's talk to Dennis in Annapolis. Hey, doctor Dennis, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 7: Hey Mike.
Speaker 15: This is from the rective of somebody who doesn't live in Hamilton County but visits Cincinnati fairly frequently. I listened to your news, read your newspaper, listen to your w l w UH, listen watch the mayor debate, and uh, you know, I I I can't believe that the voters continue to keep this empty suit that you have in the mayor's office in the office. It's just hard to believe. It's like we're punishment or something. I don't know what the problem is. And this pseudo investigation of the of the police chief, I mean, what are the investigators?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, and hiring a law firm to do it to the tune of you know, it's going to be in the millions of dollars. I would certainly for what I mean, for what it's just a stunt two weeks before election day.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know.
Speaker 15: Act like they're doing something, but but you know what's what's it, couldn't believe it, this man, this that I believe your police chief was out of the conference when she got immediately called back the city. And then you have this idiot pureval who's who was there the day that that that July incident downtown happened and uh and still left the city anyway, and then you didn't and then this this whole scale, this kind of situation developed over the weekend and you didn't hear from him for three days. Now, I mean he was like absent without you know, a wall. And uh, if you're a mayor of a city, uh, you know, there's sometimes you have to put your big boy pants on and come back to the city. I know he's on a vacation or something, but uh, you know, you got to do your responsibility is to to to your your office.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to do that. NA say, we're bumping up against the news, but I sure appreciate your point of view as always, thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, you know, and as.
Speaker 1: I said before during the rant, I don't know the moves that he's making. Perhaps there is some polling somewhere that says that Corey Bowman is in it, and he's competitive. That guy listened to him. I mean, he's done his homework. He's just not a name that the Republican Party threw up there. This guy's working it and working hard. But having said all that, the city of Cincinnati is a tough tough nut for Republicans or independence for that matter. We got some great independence running Donni Drias. I mentioned him, Steve Gooden, Christopher Smitheman, and a lot of others too. So we'll just have to cross our fingers and see what happens. Anyway, got to take a break for the news, but I'm looking forward to this. When we get back in studio, we're going to be talking too, retired but longtime former Cincinnati police officer and the brother of Chief Fiji russ Neville. And when we get back we will be talking to him. Mike Allen Saturday midday.
Speaker 16: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images, and you tell me what do you see.
Speaker 5: That looks like Scott's loan eating a meat loaf? And this one I see George Washington, Washington, Yeah, he's playing paper football with Scott's loan. And this one I see a man and a woman making love very good, but she wants him to hurry up so she can listen to Scott's Loans.
Speaker 2: Scott's Loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 17: Join me Scott Sloan, Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 2: You are a disturbed man. Mike Mays here from Legacy Financial. We want to say.
Speaker 1: Those radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday Midday hour two of saying I'll.
Speaker 15: Tell you what.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I've been looking forward to this segment. We have in studio here quite a few of the Neville family, but the person that wants to speak is Russ Neville.
Speaker 2: A just a long career in law enforcement.
Speaker 1: All of the Neville's do, and I've got a list here, but we'd take up too much time, I think if we did that, but the premiere I would say law enforcement family. And I'm not just saying that in Hamilton County. Russ, thanks for coming up today. Thank you, sir okay for having us just start out? What do you want to say? What do you want people to know about your sister Chief Fiji?
Speaker 18: First and foremost, I want them to know that she's huh, dedicated, passionate, cares about the members of the organization and the community. Yeah, talk to Terry regularly or for the years, but most specifically the last two or three years during her role, and every conversation came back to the community and the needs and the way to get it done and how do we maintain the dignity of the officers and support them. Every single conversation, regardless of other topics, came back to that.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt that she what thirty four years.
Speaker 18: I think I believe she has thirty five years. Thirty five years, and every bit of it, every single moment of it was done with what she felt was right and best and it was always fair. You never have everybody agreeing with every decision you make, right and management, which you get, you're going to have detractors. You're going to have those that you cross paths with and you know your decision impacts them in a negative way, usually because of their conduct or behavior. But that's the reality of management. But back to Terry's specifically, she's just a good person who works hard, who's raised a family of children and now she has grandchildren and in the midst of all of that, she continued to strive to maintain the reputation of the Cincinnati Police Department and maintain the level of performance those officers perform and allow them to do what it is they need to do to get the job done while maintaining within the rules.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 18: And that's probably the best thing I can say is she is a combination, and she manages it all. She manages it all maturely and confidently. And I'm not going to kid that there's not times it's a struggle, I can imagine, but she every single time overcomes the struggle and she fights forward. And she loves her children, her grandchildren, and she loves the members of this department. And she loves providing service to the community. That's what I say about Terry.
Speaker 2: It's a family, wouldn't you agree?
Speaker 1: I mean police officers in general, especially Cincinnati police officers.
Speaker 2: It sures seems to me it's a family.
Speaker 18: So within a family, have disagreements, Yeah, and you handle disagreements with dignity and respect and communication. And I will say right here and now, while we're talking specifically Terry and I have other topics to cover. The mayor and the manager and I've achieved that. They haven't even come close to achieving that. No allowance of dignity, not at all. No showing of respect, no, and no proper management of where this has gone. We don't even know where it came from. Time will tell.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you.
Speaker 1: You said you have some other things that you'd like to cover your microphone man, what would you like to say?
Speaker 18: I'd like to say that this isn't about the nevils. This is not about the Novill legacy. We're proud of it. You shouldn't. The majority of us have moved on to other elements of life and we enjoy it. This is about Terry Thiji, the future of the Cincinnati Police Department, and those that may want to sit in that seat later. This is about offering to every one of your listeners. If I don't care, let me cover a point here. Absolutely, we're a family of about ninety. Of that ninety about fifty or so or voter age. We are a combination of Democrats, Independence, and Republicans. We vote various ways. We can still communicate as a family and not allow that to interfere. But the point I'm making is each and every one of them take terry out of this. Each and every one of them believe this is wrong and it is something the mayor should be held accountable for via the vote.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 18: I don't care if you're a Democrat, an Independent, or a Republican. That is conversation I've had time and time again over the last week plus with people in each of those parties. I have friends in each of the parties. It's irrelevant what party you've belonged to or how you vote. This man should not be able to do what he's attempting to do to her or anybody in the future. And the only way to address that, as we speak to your listeners is vote exactly we say it time and time again, get out and vote. Reality, Mike, only about fifteen eighteen percent of people show up to vote on such elections.
Speaker 2: City elections. Yeah, it's always been low. So think about this, listeners. If you.
Speaker 18: Believe the Chiefdiji is being scapegoaded, poorly treated, they're stripping ver dignating or respect, vote vote for whoever you care for, Vote for whatever council member you care for, Do not vote for that mayor. Go and vote, and if we can get twenty five thirty thirty five percent of those registered voters who believe in what we are sharing.
Speaker 2: Right now, we can.
Speaker 18: Get new leadership in the city and then we can get into the Issue five and the other topics. Now I get that, but these items have to be covered first. So obviously we got more to talk about. But that's my response to your question.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, if you care to address it Issue five, you know what it is.
Speaker 7: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: We all do when it happened, I said at the time, and I'm not toot my own horn because I was right.
Speaker 7: It's a bad, bad, bad idea to.
Speaker 1: Take civil service protection away from the chief of police, the fire chief too, but especially the chief of police. It looks like the FOP and we're going to talk to Ken Kobra at eleven thirty. It's like the fop's going to take that on your thoughts on that, because I truly believe this, I really do. If Issue five had not passed, we and your sister would not be in this situation.
Speaker 18: Well, not only that, we probably wouldn't be at the point of a new chief right now right counting Terry, others would possibly be in that seat that weren't negatively impact by the political influence. That's a speculation, but it's a educated speculation. As I was there, retired in twenty one, thirty four years, so I had the opportunity to see it. On that line, I'll let Kenny Coober speak on behalf of Issue five. Hold on, I do have a point, and I do agree with both Chris Smithman and Kenny's point that something about Issue five has to be addressed, whether it be removal or be a unanimous or majority vote by counsel for such decisions to make. This is absolutely, absolutely wasting the tax dollars. Unbelievable, not in an economy that you can't afford to do it. You place somebody on leave, then you hire a law firm to justify it.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 18: It's a gross misuse of resources. And the constituents of the City of Cincinnati deserve better management and oversight of their dollars, and they need better decisions. And I place every bit of that at the foot of the mayor and the city manager. So do with it what you want. As a voter, It's not for me to say right, for us to say right.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that your sister wants to stay on the job. Is that a true and accurate statement or can you say if you don't want to speak for that's fine, But I'm just assuming that or she wouldn't be going.
Speaker 2: Through all this.
Speaker 18: I am not going to speak on behalf of Tarry, on our future. And there are elements, Mike, of matters that I will refrain from discussing because that is in the hands of the lawyer, and we put our faith in confidence in mister.
Speaker 1: M He's a hell of a good lawyer from a great law firm, the Finny Law Firm.
Speaker 18: M I just think this it borders on in humane.
Speaker 1: What really does It's unprofessional and it's not dignified for someone who is the chief of police of a major city police department. If you haven't figured it out, it pisses me off. It's not right.
Speaker 18: And I want to emphasize I appreciate our family, appreciates Terry's supporters, appreciate you having us in allowing us a voice. It's deeper than Chief thej It's deeper than Terry Thiji. This is about more than Terry. It's about the proper way to manage an organization, and it's about the future of those who may want that seat going forward, Who wants to work for a organization city that treats people this way.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, you know, I got to ask you this. I ask every veteran police officer that I talked to, and some of the ones on the street, who, of course can't be public about it. I remember back in the days I was in the city Prosecutor's office from like nineteen eighty five to nineteen ninety and then a couple of years after that municipal court judged for three years. Those municipal court courtrooms were popped to the gills with police officers in the jury boxes out in the hall. My point is they were out there, you know, getting stuff I don't want to say stirred up, but being aggressive, appropriately aggressive, appropriately proactive. Do you would you agree with me that we don't really need to, you know, reinvent the wheel here. That's what needs to be done to put the CPD back where it belongs. Get out, do your job, and you know, make sure that you're going to be covered if somebody complains, and you know they will.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just my point.
Speaker 1: And you know I don't go down to court anymore I'm retired, recently retired. There's not like half the cases there are down there anymore because I don't think that the street people cops are doing anything.
Speaker 2: And I don't blame them one I owe for that.
Speaker 1: I don't. They want to go home. They want to you know, be able to take care of their family. So that's a long question, I.
Speaker 18: Guess, yeah, I it is a very long question that covers a range of topics. It would take more time than we have today to discuss. I'm right, sious, But what I will say is the officers continue to want to do the job. They continue to want to be PROAGNI granted I've been going four years, but based on my conversations with Terry and others that I still have contact with the desires there. The problem is clearly with the lack of support and partnership with the courts and the judges. And to be honest with you, mean with bonds being set low, bonds are no bonds, no bonds, low bonds, early releases ten, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, opportunities to go back out and victimize somebody. Yeah, before you're held accountable. That's not the police department's responsibility. Their responsibility is public safety the best they can what's in front of them. Problem solving data analysis place people where the problems are or where we know historically or recently they may develop. And Terry does a fabulous job with that. But if you're gonna lock them up, not just Terry, right, the people that reported to her or the chief, the commanders, the lieutenants, the release sergeants, the officers, the data analysis team. They do a fabulous job with it. But if you're going to do all of that work and take one five ten folks to jail for an incident, and then twelve hours later the one five ten folks are back out in that community. So think about this. It doesn't just affect those you arrested. The others see it. Others within the community see it. The victims see it and it causes.
Speaker 2: Fear to them.
Speaker 18: The other potential offenders see it and it takes away any fear for them to get incarcerated. So it's such a deeper issue, and that goes back to the vote. But I'll be really honest with you, that's a long term problem solving effort.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 18: The reality here is it's the mayor that that, to me is the topic at hand right now. And if you believe new leadership is beneficial and necessary in the city, vote think it through, Think it through, think it through, and realize that this is not what's best for your communities. This stuff all came about. Let me make a point. Sure this stuff all came about. They can hide from it, but it came about from the fact of an increase in crime in the Central Business District. You know there's ebb and flows, a crime like that throughout the city. The police department focuses on them, gets them down, does problem solving efforts they have success. You ever hear the mayor talk about those No, do you ever hear the mayor talk about the other fifty one communities in Cincinnati? Do you ever hear the marrigan of a camera and say, we can't tolerate this in bond Hill, we can't tolerate this. In Price Hell, we can't tolerate this. In Westwood, we can't tolerate this. Guess what it happened in the Central Business DEERCT and it's it's a shame. But the officers in the organization, in partnership with others in the community would get control of it, address it, and if the judges would allow it, keep people from repeating not a word out.
Speaker 2: Of him regarding the other communities.
Speaker 18: Why would you want to vote him in If his true focus is soling in the central business district, which is important, which is the hub, which is where the majority of.
Speaker 2: The money is to come into the city come in.
Speaker 18: Because of various events, don't you think he should have equal passion and concern about the other communities. One would think, well, I don't see it. I didn't see it, and I hope the voters recognize it. Give somebody else an opportunity, think, think past your.
Speaker 2: Comfort zone as a voter.
Speaker 18: Give somebody else an opportunity to come in and focus on the entire city. Focus in working with the council and with a manager. Instead of dictating.
Speaker 2: No, I got you.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got about a minute and a half left, RUSSA, I'm gonna give it to you. What would you like to say in summary? The first one want to say, thanks, Well, it's my pleasure and my privilege.
Speaker 18: Second, I want to say technology is not my area by any stretching. It knows me too, So we're fortunate to have nieces nephews that are on board with all of this and support Terry as much as any of us sitting in this room. We got some shirts and we got some signs. Shirt reads I stand with Police. I like it, Chiefdiji. The signs read the same. Some family members, the younger ones, developed a Facebook page. I know nothing about Facebook. I don't do it. On do social media, and they also developed their initiated a email. If you care to support Terry verbally, if you care to support Terry just to show it in whatever way. If you care to have a sign that we can put on your property and your business window. We'd like them in the city because that's where this message needs to be heard. Or we'd like people who live in the county near the city can do it, who have connections in the city that can carry this message on. We aren't stopping this is wrong. So the email is stand with Chief Thiji at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, please communicate through it.
Speaker 18: One of the younger nieces and nephews will manage it and communicate back, and then the Facebook again, I don't do it. I just know that it's I stand with Police Chief Fiji. Facebook page should be easy to find way back and off and my brother Rick and Mike we talked a lot through this, and Rick brought it up the other day and he said, flat out, Dad taught us, don't start a fight, but one's one started.
Speaker 2: One pushed on you finish it. We're finishing.
Speaker 1: This doesn't surprise me at all. Giving your guys background and your father, who I admired a lot, I really appreciate this. This is helpful. People need to hear this, Russ, and definitely want to have you back at some point.
Speaker 18: Can you cover Mike at some point today? The voting I did have a note in here about the voting is on. When the hours are you still go to early vote, and please if you haven't voted in years, check and make see if you're still eligible.
Speaker 2: Absolutely get online check it.
Speaker 1: I've got Christopher Smithman coming on at eleven and he's got all that stuff down.
Speaker 7: Pat.
Speaker 1: So all right, again, I really appreciate it, and you know, anything else comes up, just give me a call.
Speaker 2: You'll be hearing.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, we got to take a break for the news, but we will be back. Mike Allen Saturday midday.
Speaker 2: Trip for buyers visit Mike castercy.
Speaker 1: Ford Saturday midday. I wanted to thank my last guest, Russ Neville. I'll tell you that's a perspective that you're not going to get anywhere else. And you know, one of the things he said that is that his sister, the police chief Chief Fiji, should be treated with dignity. And that is just so true. Everybody needs to be treated with dignity, but especially someone who's put thirty three, thirty four years into a job and has risen to the top of that job. You don't make that person collateral damage in a political fight.
Speaker 2: You just don't do it.
Speaker 1: But I really appreciate him coming up and giving it to us from his perspective. I'm going to get back to the phones here. I promise one other thing I'd like to do. Went to a retirement party yesterday for a great man, talking about Danny Cott. He spent sixty excuse me not that may twenty seven years with the Cincinnati Police Department. Retired all the way back in two thousand and two, then twenty years with Rumky. He was the corporate lost control manager at least that's where he started. Rumky, a great family owned company, and Dan Cott twenty years with Rumky, twenty seven with CPD. You sure deserve retirement and it was great being a part of that yesterday. Okay, let's get to the phones. Let's talk to Patty. Hello, Patty, he is.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Mike Allen, and thank you so much for your show. I learned so much important information.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 19: This is just a yes, sir. This is just a quick, small, little scenario, an anecdote that occurred when I was walking to the hardware store one morning, a little local one of our beautiful neighborhoods. And I'm walking up the curb across the parking lot and I see a tall, handsome man standing right at the curb, beautifully dressed, and I realize, oh, my goodness, that is our mayor. Well, I walk past him and I say good morning, mister mayor, you know, excited as I am. He doesn't look at me, turns his head a skance wow, and lets.
Speaker 7: Out a grunt.
Speaker 19: He says ugh.
Speaker 20: Wow, and all I proceed.
Speaker 19: On into the hardware store, and Mike Allan, this is a perfect example of that non mayor that we have been stuck with. He does not love Cincinnati, and he has contempt for its citizens. The beautiful man you had on just previously, as well as some of your other callers this morning, talk about the love of Cincinnati, and there is not an out. He does not love us. Can you imagine I'm a man or John Cranleigh if you said good morning, mister Smithman, that beautiful gentleman, would he grunt?
Speaker 7: I don't stop and talk to you?
Speaker 19: Can imagine Bobby Stern, any of the malories. I can go down the whole long list of leadership in this beautiful city since I have been here for fifty years. Man, And now we're stuck with this message.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I always kind of gave him credit for being a good politician, But boy, that's just not It's first of all, it's just right. See if a voter acknowledges anybody acknowledges you, how.
Speaker 19: Hard cameras Mike Allen, no one's watching. All it is is one citizen. He may as well have spipped. So I just think it's a perfect characterization of Purvoal does not love Cincinnati. And we've got a vote for someone who does love Cincinnati. And we know that's Corey Bowman because he's he lived in the city with the Cincinnatians, and I just had to say that because I love this city and I hate to see what's happening. God, bless you for telling the true stories.
Speaker 7: I thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, and thank you for your story too. I appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Okay, good luck, Mikeelant, thank you, bye bye.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't get that. I mean, it's just I don't know that's manners one oh one. You would think, hey, let's talk to Lisa. Hey, good morning, Lisa, Hey, my what you got?
Speaker 21: Okay? So my thing with the firing or the police Keith, it was so off, you know, and it was like the gentleman's dad. They were looking for a scapegoat, you know. And I say that they should not have even approached that, you know, a fire trying to fire her and get rid of her however it is they want to do.
Speaker 12: But I am old school.
Speaker 21: Everything begins at home. If the children were raised by parents, you know, by adults, and the way that the children are acting behaving today is it's horrible, you know. You got some of the parents are scared of their own children. They are scared to discipline their own children. And some of the children they are literally raising themselves. So I believe a lot of the problems not just in Cincinnati, but in America altogether. If the parents would just pull up their bootstraps, do what it is that they need to do and parents, America would be a better place. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Lisa, you know, and she is so right. And fifty one years in the criminal justice system, you see that in spades. I mean, you know, young people getting in trouble, juveniles, no family over seeing them almost all not I shouldn't say many times no father and the parents do have to do their jobs. And that's relevant to what's going on in Cincinnati too. I mean, you know, I think CPD has done a pretty good job on it, especially recently. You know where these kids are roaming around downtown at all hours of the night. What the hell are the parents, you know, where are they? What are they doing to rain their kids in? And I don't know, she's absolutely right about that. Let me see, let me see. How about let's talk to Mike and Hamilton.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, Mike, Hey Mike.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, thank you you too.
Speaker 22: I'd like to say that the first thing is is anybody that becomes a police officer is trying to give back to their country.
Speaker 20: This is about taking our society what it is.
Speaker 22: Without police officers are crumbles and when they need more police for they need more police officers on the street, and and they have to get them.
Speaker 20: That's the key.
Speaker 14: And when you said.
Speaker 7: Where are the parents of those kids?
Speaker 20: Some of those parents might be working nights that take care of them.
Speaker 22: And I think it's a society.
Speaker 20: We got to change how.
Speaker 22: We think about a lot of things, and if we don't, we're going to crumble. You know, you have the military that's risking their lives, the police, the fire department, those people are doing that, and in a split second we judge them on things that happened that you know what I mean. I wish, I hope I'm not judged like a police officer on some small mistake, which in the situation could be something that's.
Speaker 20: Very, very bad. But I have a split second.
Speaker 22: To think about this, and we're so easy and quipped to judge them, and I just want to say that we've got to change it. And Mike, I know you probably don't want to hear this, but every person gets arrested should be drug tested. We need these people to become workers and part of our society and not a retating criminal.
Speaker 20: We should make him do some sort of rehab.
Speaker 22: They should be out cleaning roads, and then we should try and work with younger people to try and get them to.
Speaker 20: Become people that we know they can be.
Speaker 22: And right now on.
Speaker 20: Our society, we just don't have that. We don't and it's got to change. It's got to change. And Republicans and Democrats, just.
Speaker 22: Like right now, I heard an FBI agent had to took the part time job because he's not getting paid. Why we have our congressional people getting paid while this young gentleman had to take a second job just to make sure he can support his family.
Speaker 20: While we're sitting here with our thumbs up our.
Speaker 7: Butt No, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what Mike said a lot of things that makes sense, but the one thing that hit me. He talked about we need to have rehabilitation, meaning treatment for people that are dependent upon drugs. I could not agree with that more. I'll tell you you go down down there to the jail, and by the way, Sheriff McGuffey has that great program down there that helps along those lines, and the people that have done at the Justice Center. That's not long term, it's short term. And I don't know, I just uh, I admire her for doing that. We need more rehab, and I have a lot of people saying, how the hell with it?
Speaker 2: You know, they made the decision to you know, get into drugs.
Speaker 1: Screw him. And that's not a number one, it's just not right. Number two, it doesn't make sense. So I'm all about rehab, and he brought that up. So I wanted to pontificate if you will. Hey, we still got some time here, how's about let me talk to Dan and chevyot Hello?
Speaker 9: Dan, Hey, Mike, what's going on?
Speaker 23: Hey?
Speaker 9: I wanted to give a shout out to that gentleman, dam you want to retirement Barty?
Speaker 24: Yeah, Danny, Well, he came in shopping for his daughter about four or five years back, and he just you know, it's just a.
Speaker 9: Regular dude, and he was real nice to talk to him, friendly, and at the end he asked if he could talk to the supervisor and gave me some kind words, and then he actually went back to work and on like a full rum key letterhead and envelope sent a personal letter of recommendation for me.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 9: They thought it was a rumpky bill, so they threw it on the operations manager's death and then like four or five days later they open it and go, well, this isn't just a bill. So they scanned it and sent it to my home office and it actually got my fifth out of sixth Stoll for Customer Service Awards. Yes, and I keep that in case I ever need another job, because he gave me some kind words. So I just wanted to give a shout out to him since.
Speaker 7: He helped me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Dan, thank you. That's very kind.
Speaker 1: And you know, those that know him Dan Cott that that doesn't surprise me at all. That's just kind of the guy he is. But I really appreciate him sharing that. You know, a guy goes twenty seven years in the police department, twenty more years with rumky. I think he's serving his community. Well, okay, let's see how's about Steve. Steve is an Aldegrand. I don't know why I didn't get him first. Hello, Steve, are you there?
Speaker 6: My elder in nineteen seventy.
Speaker 23: Four, Me too, buddy, You were one of them smart guys.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'll take it, but it's not not really accurate.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what you got.
Speaker 6: For me my question. The house I moved into in nineteen eighty seven, the city put a tree out in front of the sidewalk at the street. At the curb. The tree is like two and a half feet for my sidewalk. All I did was dig a hole, drop it in and say see you later. You know, thirty some years later, the sidewalks.
Speaker 7: On tour up. O. Yeah, pushing it up.
Speaker 6: My thing is, can I take them to small Claims Court and go after negligence the three elements of negligence that have proof from other arborist. Sure, the tree that's going to grow fifty foot tall two feet from the sidewalk in front of your house, and argue that it's not maintenance. They say it's maintenance, it's negligence.
Speaker 2: Yep, I hear you. And here's what you do.
Speaker 1: You will need an arborist, I think, to give an opinion, whether that would be through testimony or through an affidavit or something like that. Small Claims Court is set up for people not to have lawyers, and I haven't had a lot of contact with it through the years. But the contact I've had, I think they do an amazing job of kind of sorting those things out.
Speaker 2: I would give it a shot.
Speaker 1: I think, I think I might be wrong, but I think the money limit in small claims is twenty five thousand. I haven't looked at it in a while, but it sounds to me like you got a good case.
Speaker 7: The cost to remove tree, let's say it's a thousand dollars each slab that damn me is eight hundred bucks, so you know we're way under that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you do. It's easy to It's easy to do that in small club.
Speaker 7: Do I have to serve them with the with the paperwork?
Speaker 1: Well, actually the I think the clerk will do that. If I'm not, I.
Speaker 7: Don't have to like serve them. Okay, now, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, good, good luck with it?
Speaker 7: All right, I'll let you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks Steve, all right, thank you, sir. Okay, got time I think for at least one more. Let me talk to uh Ransom.
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 25: Ransom and Mike spent a couple of minutes vin since we talk last yeally many I've just been a listen to all the callers and everything I wanted to. I know you got a lot of Christian people that listen to your program on Saturdays. And about ten months ago, I tried to start a group called Primary USA that would get Grant's roots effort to hold local, state, and federal politicians accountable to the will of the people kind of lines up everything You've talked about for you and I've talked about for about the last year. I've got a meet I've got a meeting with the Great Lakes Lady from Turning Point USA Faith on Wednesday four thirty, four thirty to five on video. What I want to do is I want to see if I can network with Turning Point, which everybody should know that's Charlie Kirk's organization that Charlie founded. Charlie had humble beginnings. An eighteen year old kid had a vision, you know, and he was one person. I'm a sixty six year old guy. I tried to run for a small political office up in Columbus where I live. I got beat by three votes. I learned about it. I learned about the political process and everything you talk about every Saturday. You and I both agree about Christian values and things like that. It's all about the spiritual things that's going on. God saved Donald Trump. Unfortunately Charlie was assassinated, but there's been one point five billion people on the planet that has seen his memorial service and his organization has Wow, went through the roof.
Speaker 1: That's pretty impressive. Unfortunately, I'm running out of time here, but.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you taking play for me. I appreciate you man, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you bye bye.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. We all are out of time. I'm not able to get to all the calls. I hate when that happens. Call back next week, please, Hey, we got to take a break. But when we get back, we're going to talk to Christopher Smithman. Something tells me he's going to have an opinion on all this stuff with the City of Cincinnati. And we'll talk to Christopher when we get back. Mike Allen Saturday Midday.
Speaker 26: With Deve Lapham's in triment into the Bengals Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the life of lap.
Speaker 7: Presented by Skyline. Feeling good. He's Skyline time. Now here's Dan and d Lapp.
Speaker 2: You are the starting left guard in the Bengals first Super Bowl appearance.
Speaker 17: Describe running out of the tunnel to face the forty nine ers that day in Detroit.
Speaker 27: You know, you focused laser focus on what you need to do to play well. You don't want to go out there forever be known as the stiff that played so poorly.
Speaker 2: This team had no shot.
Speaker 27: You just got tooled and taken advantage of to the point of ridiculousness. You didn't want that to happen. But I do remember I roomed with Kenny Anderson. He would tell me to throw a play out there and he'd do the formation and everything with it, and then the reverse. I'd do a formation, he do plays with that formation, whatever the case may be. I basically studied my game plan out in the field, plays, goal line, short yardage. I wanted to make sure that I was on top of all of it. Any Innerston I think was a big influence to me in that regard as well.
Speaker 26: For more on the life of Lap keep it here on seven hundred WLW, the Home of the best Spangals coverage.
Speaker 28: Have you taken your family to dinner recently and been shocked by the price of that bill? Listen, Recent studies are seeing there's almost forty trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen with our three third and final hour of Saturday Midday. Well, I'll tell you what we've been talking about it all morning, and that's the situation with the City of Cincinnati with the election coming up, and just the disrespectful treatment that the chief of Police, Chief Fiji has gotten. It's just, in my opinion, it's just reprehensible. Here to talk about it is former Vice mayor, former chair of the Law and Public Safety Committee, and financial advisor par excellence, Christopher Smithman. Christopher, thanks so much for calling in.
Speaker 14: Thank you, Mike. I so appreciate you having me on, and I've been listening to your show.
Speaker 7: And let me.
Speaker 14: Give a shout out to Captain Neville, who he was a great police officer and servant like his sister Chickspiji. What a wonderful family, and you've done a beautiful job of making it clear to your listening audience. Tell you, the most riveting thing that I heard, the most riveting thing that I heard this morning was the citizen who called in and said she had this this bad interaction with our mayor kind of stummed it up. For me, right, Like it's like a detail, but that detail is really important because you said it was bad politics. But even if it was being bad politics, just a rewind on that. The citizen said she saw our mayor. She said good morning to the mayor at a at a home depot, and the mayor was dismissed, and it left her with the sense that our mayor really isn't interested in being the mayor. And I agree with that sentiment. Like he has these attitudes. That is why he can try to destroy the reputation of a neble like he's doing, because he's disconnected from us. I love Cincinnadians. I breed it, I eat it, I love it. That's the only reason I'm coming back. I don't have to come back. I'm trying to come back because things are so crazy and we have to have common sense and experience on this council. And I'll say one of the things before I pivot away from this is notice how the citizen talked about Cincinnatians like Bobby Stern. Right. The reflection was, you remember the days where you had real states people that were serving like a tyrone yate as an example, Right, So these are people that have served us, and it clearly right now. Collectively we have a council who seems to be very, very disconnected. And I'll give this example, how in the world could you have a police chief terminated in this fashion? And this past Wednesday, no member of council bring it up.
Speaker 7: Oh is that realbody?
Speaker 14: Nobody talked about it on the floor council. There was literally no discussion, like it never happened.
Speaker 1: It's like they don't know what they're doing. I mean you probably, I'm sure you saw it, Christopher. The mayor comes out then and so so now wait a minute, wait a minute. I am going to instruct the police department to start focusing on these small crimes, which is really what should have been done all along. But I think it's a little schizophrenic, don't you.
Speaker 14: I really do what you have right now? And I think Captain Neville Russ Neville really made it clear with one word scapegoat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: You know, you have a situation here where the mayor is feeling the heat. He doesn't really know where he is with the electorate because there could be this silent majority out here people that are saying I want to change and I want to go with Voteman. Nobody knows, but I could tell you that if Westsiders are listening to you and listening to your show, and we already know the voter turnout is low, and we also know that traditional voters only show up on November the fourth, yep, right, And so think about if there's a wave on election day where those conservative Republican blue dog Democrats who won't vote in the thirty days because they don't believe in voting thirty days early, if they all show up, Wat's what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 14: It will change the total complexion of council, and it will change the total it will change the Mayor's office.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and for the mayor to make such an abrupt about face on that issue of you know, the Giuliani method enforcing all offenses and things like that, I kind of wonder if maybe there's some polling or something out there that says this is going to be a competitive race.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's nothing more than me speculating.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but at the end of the day, we know that, you know, collectively, we've crime is really high right now, and you know this notion where the mayor has been saying that it's just our what our perception when you and I know that it is the reality. No, you're right right, it'sn't our reality. So why would you fire the police chief If everything's okay, If you've been telling everybody that that crime is low, it means that the what that the that the police chief has been doing a good job.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 14: So he said that in every debate against Corey Bowman. So if that's true, why then do you need to fire the person who is responsible for low crime? So we can't have it both ways. You can't turn around and say one thing like hey, hey, Cincinnatians, crime is low. This is just your perception, and then say no, we've got to change because crime is I guess high, and this police chief isn't doing a good job. We're going to hire this outside consultant, in my opinion, to try to bury the police chief and say hey, we already know where we're going with it. We're gonna spend a million dollars on this outside council so that we're gonna have some documentation. I'll say one thing, and I know I'm talkative here, but this police chief in thirty five years, has never had a citation of anything bad in her record. Ever, this is the first time she's ever had a run in. So it's gonna be difficult to the mayor and his staff who are listening to this. To the city manager and members of council, it's gonna be very difficult for you to go before a judge and try to blame this police chief for high crime when the mayor has been saying crime is low and commending her on her job. So this is going to cost the taxpayers at least a million dollars at the end when they settle it, and it will cost the fire chief, who also they terminated in a foul way, in a poor way. It probably will cost three, four or five million dollars for Chief Washington. So I don't get it. I don't know what they're doing here, Mike Allen. All I can tell you is right now, we need voters to show up. You know, voting is an action if you care about what, if you care about your city, we desperately need you to show up and participate in this election, desperately.
Speaker 2: No question. What's the situation with the early voting.
Speaker 1: I know it's going on now, but it stops at a certain point, doesn't it.
Speaker 14: It does. It stops in a week Sunday of next week. This time week is the last time you could go to the Norwood location and vote in person early. But like I said, let's say voter turnout right now is fifteen percent of eighty five percent of registered voters haven't shown up and right now aren't participating eighty five Right now, we're doing door to door work right in a neighborhood right now, and we know when we get ten doors right eight of them aren't showing even though they're registered to vote. It's like looking for a diamond in the rough. You don't know who's ultimately going to show up. But things like this, moments like this in time, right when you think about it, I'm not exaggerating here in public, I'm not when you think about people who have served our country, right military, people who've given their life so that we have a flag that we can put on the outside of our house. When you have people like chif Fiji who've given thirty five years of her life in service to our city, protecting us every day from bad people from crawling into our windows and hurting us, really bad. Like what happens is Sarah and Patrick hearing her down in OTR. These are people that are giving us everything. Why wouldn't we show up right now? For Chiefs Fiji. Now, look, Mike, there might be points where I've disagreed with the direction of the chiefs. Okay, that's with any professional. But there's no way in my imagination would I ever believe that they would dehumanize and treat her the way they are treating her right now. This is just absolutely wrong. And it's now time for the jury. The jury are the voters to show up and show out and participate. And we need voter turnout to go from fifteen percent to fifty percent, from fifteen percent to eighty five percent. And so I'll in there with those comments. Love is a verb. When my wife passed away and through our marriage, we would always say love is a verb. Don't tell me you love me, show me you love me.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: If you love our.
Speaker 14: City the way I love it, I love the Queen City. If you love your neighbor the way I love my neighbors, this is the time for the jury box, which are voters, to show up and reject the direction of our city by saying no to this leadership and bringing in some help with with some new names.
Speaker 2: I gotcha. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: And I used to go door to door too when I was running for the stuff, going door to door the ones that you're able to connect with and yea, I have a small conversation with Are you seeing that they're as concerned about the crime issue as you and I are or even close to that?
Speaker 2: What are you learning through that they.
Speaker 14: Are very concerned And it doesn't matter whether we're talking to black voters or write voters, our Latino voters. Everybody is saying the same thing and out name neighborhoods like we're in bond here. We did that door to door rose on. Anybody listening, they'll say, yes, I got someone Smithman's literature at my door. I mean, we're really doing aggressive door to door work. So I don't want to I don't want to mislead your your your listening audiences that we're not doing it. We're doing it. We're in Columbia telsculum to day, door to door. Here's what citizens are saying. They're scared as hell and they're worried about going into downtown and being hurt. Right They're concerned about their city. They're concerned about the leadership things that there is, the things that they're saying. They're not even getting to the basics of whether their streets are being plowed or whether they're potholes. Right now. This is about I'm concerned about my personhood right now, concerned when they see somebody shooting on Fountain Square and you have a consultant saying, Hey, I'm going to go down there, and I'm concerned about the babies. Look, there's a difference between our children who are at home doing their homework wherever they go to a Cincinnati public school or a private school, and somebody who decides to take a weapon and charge it on Fountain Square. The context of that is so crazy. And when you think about what happened at Fifth Third, we had our officers Cincinnati three D. Let's never forget we had an active shooter when I was the vice mayor and John Cranley was the mayor inside of the fifth third building on Fountain Square. Yet shooting on Fountain Square, it feels like a terrorist attack. You don't know what's going on, and when you create that kind of uncertainty, for our corporate leaders, whether it's Jeff Ruby who said, hey, his daughter said, you know, these are good people. They love the city. They don't want to hurt the city. But they're saying, hey, we're going to move our catering business to another location. They don't want to connect it to the crime. But the reality of it is, that's what's happening when you see Tastes of Belgium and OTR saying they're moving out. Here's what I'm trying to say, Mike Allah. If we don't you as a prosecutor from a prosecutor, if we don't get content all of the crime, there is no development. There are no tools, there's no tourism right. There are no visitors from Mason Kinwood, Indian Hill, Amberley Village, wherever you want to there. Our region needs the core to be healthy financially and to make sure that it's safe and without it, the rest of our mayor's around, whether it's Reading mayor or whether it's the Saint Bernard mayor there, they are not gonna be our partners with their residents coming into the court because they don't feel safe. So we want to turn our city around. We're gonna have to change the direction, which means the keeping of good and a Lakita Cole A dree House. I'm giving a Linda Matthews. Right, we're gonna I'm just naming some of the people that are running. A Corey Bowman who's running for mayor. We're gonna have to this notion that we keep talking about who Corey Bowman's brother is. I don't give care. I don't care, Mike Alan. The only thing I care about is the city and getting somebody in that chair who loves Cincinnati as much as I love it.
Speaker 1: Yep, I hear you. Chris, Hey, listen. Unfortunately we're out of time. That really appreciates you taking time out of banging on doors to talk to us.
Speaker 2: And we'll definitely be.
Speaker 14: Talking to you, my gallant, and I appreciate you. And anybody that wants to follow me go to my ex account at vote Smitherman so you can keep up with what we're doing. Thank you, brother, Okay.
Speaker 2: My pleasure. Thank you. Christopher. All right.
Speaker 1: Christopher Smithman never shy about giving his point of view, and it's a point of view that is needed on counsel. And I'm feeling pretty optimistic about that. If anyone can break through the Democrat block of granted, it's him, so support him any way that you can. Hey, we got to take a break, but when we get back, we're going to continue talking on the topic we've talked about all morning, Cincinnati Police Department, the treatment of Chief Fiji and Ken Kober. Looks like the FOP is going to at least be supportive of an effort to repeal Issue five. And I'm going to ask Ken about that specifically. We'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen, Saturday midday.
Speaker 26: Listening to a man cook dinner for his date isn't fun Try this baby listening to her reaction after she eats he's under cooked chicken.
Speaker 2: You don't feel so well.
Speaker 7: He is funny. Eddie and Rocky are also funny.
Speaker 26: So when you think of date spewing raw chicken chunks like a fire hose, thing of Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 16: Eddie and Rocky Monday afternoon at three seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: At Duke Energy, we're making Ohio and Kentucky's energy grids stronger and more resilient, ready for storms and growing energy demands were.
Speaker 1: Eleven thirty nine News Radio seven hundred WLWMI gallon Saturday midday, closing half hour of saying, well, we've been talking about it all morning with a number of different people, the status, the situation of the treatment of the police chief and using her as a political pawn, and I certainly think both of those things are true and it's reprehensible.
Speaker 7: It shouldn't be happening.
Speaker 1: The other thing I saw yesterday which sure made my ears perk up, the potential repeal of Issue five, which people in the know knew back in two thousand and one. At some point this is going to bite us in the butt, and it looks like that period of time has come. Here to talk about it is a guy who knows about it. FOP President Lodge sixty nine, Ken Kover, Ken, thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 7: Thank good, Mary, Mike, thanks for having my pleasure.
Speaker 2: My pleasure.
Speaker 1: It seems unequivalent to me. I mean, the FOP sixty nine is supporting Chief Fiji, correct.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, you know, but but this, this whole thing is much much bigger than just Chief Fiji. The way that she's been treated. Yea, a thirty five year veteran of this police department deserves to be treated better, because if they'll treat the chief like this, how.
Speaker 7: Are they going to treat a police officer? Amen.
Speaker 23: That's that's why everybody's all rout up about this.
Speaker 1: It speaks volumes. I mean, it really does. The other thing I heard, I don't know whether it's true or not. I've heard it from a couple of different people is for the thirty four to thirty five years, she doesn't have anything negative in her jacket, which I think you would agree if that's accurate, that's that's pretty impressive.
Speaker 23: Well, sure, absolutely. And you know, in just two months ago you had the mayor that was praising her, how how much confidence he had in the work that she was doing, and then all of a sudden, two weeks from election, and you know she somehow is is just not fit to be the police chief, which to me is certainly concerning.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, and I agree with you. What do you think the reason for that treatment is? I mean, obviously it's political in nature. It just it seems like some of the stuff's come out of nowhere. I guess it's because it's a silly season.
Speaker 23: But what do you think, Well, it goes back to her last press conference that they did the day before they ordered her back when she was out of town representing the city in the police department. And in that press conference, her last words that she said was cops are going to go out and do their job, and I'm going to back you one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: We've got to do this, yep. And that was like the final straw.
Speaker 23: It's like, oh my gosh, we can't have proactive policing, we can't have all this stuff going on. And I talked to her after this, after that press conference, I talked to her and I'm like, listen, there's no doubt that you're going to support us.
Speaker 7: The question is is city Hall that's the problem.
Speaker 23: And that's I think was the final straw of where, Okay, we're done with this.
Speaker 7: We've got we've got to get her out of here, you know.
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's the problem obviously, and I guess it always has been.
Speaker 2: But you know, they need that support.
Speaker 1: And you and I have talked innumerable times ken about you know, people stick police officers, sticking their neck out when they know that they're not going to get backed up, and that's the problem. But hey, I wanted to read you something that that the mayor said, and it's from Channel nine and I don't understand this. Maybe you can help me. The mayor told reporters on Wednesday that placing the chief on leave makes the city safer because it provides strength and leadership and command control. My head's spinning, ken Kober, I mean, what do you make of that?
Speaker 7: It's absolute nonsense. You know.
Speaker 23: You know now we have we have Colonel Henny that's in charge of the police department right now, more than capable. He is the absolutely fantastic person, is a leader. If they allow him to lead, things will be better.
Speaker 7: But you could say the same thing about Chief Fiji. If City Hall would.
Speaker 23: Stay out of, you know, the day to day operations of the police department, she's more than capable of leading this place and it would be.
Speaker 7: A safer place.
Speaker 23: However, you know, this is all occurring because of failed policies yep from City Hall that have trickled into the police department. And the reality is, unless they allow Colonel Henny to run this department the way he sees fit, we're not going to see any change. We're going to have the same problems we have now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that is pretty much what city council does. I think I wanted to read you one other thing that he said too that you know, I think it speaks volumes. Anyway, Mayor's quota is saying we need change and if I again and if I have to force change through arrests and through enforcement, then unfortunate, that's what we're going to have to do. Sounds to me like he wants to be the chief of police.
Speaker 23: Yeah, I've never seen him make an arrest. I've never seen him where you'll have a pair of handcuffs.
Speaker 12: In his hands.
Speaker 2: I mean it just but go ahead, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 23: But as all this is going on, you know, he has told me time after time that the chief Chief Figi is my law enforcement expert because I'm not a cop. But yet then he goes and does everything that is contrary to that statement, and that's why we're where we are.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts on the treatment of Chief Fiji, I mean, you know, one day they're not going to do anything.
Speaker 2: The next day they're taking job action.
Speaker 1: Now the city's hiring a law firm, I guess to critique her, Well, I don't know what expertise any law firm would have but just your thoughts in general on that.
Speaker 23: I mean, my thought on hiring this this law for him to do this is you might as well just throw money in burn barrel. Really, I mean this, this is crazy that we're going to spend money on something like this. The reality is, for whatever reason, they don't want her to be the chief, and there are so many different ways, better ways that they could have handled this instead of doing this publicly, you know, having her fly across the country only for her to land and go, oh, by the way, we need you back tomorrow. And they didn't fire her. It was, oh, we're going to ask you to resign. They're asking her to resign because they know there is nothing that she has done is worthy of her termination. But but you know, we're gonna be we're gonna put you on a ministrative leave, so we're gonna we're gonna keep you quiet, yeah, because you can't talk because if you do, then they'll find a reason to fire you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And the whole thing is just absolute nonsense.
Speaker 1: It is, And you know, just at of any kind of a level, it's just not right. You don't treat people like that, and you certainly don't treat a person who's given thirty four I guess it is years to the City of Cincinnati in the Cincinnati Police Department.
Speaker 2: Just don't do that.
Speaker 1: I get politics, and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, but there's right and wrong and this ain't right.
Speaker 23: No, you're absolutely right, And the bottom line is you can blame her for crime all you want, but the reality is, and we've seen this, all of these shootings that have taken place, all the suspects are people that we're either.
Speaker 7: Out on a low or our.
Speaker 23: Bond, they're on community control, they're on probation. And the reality is the judges are the ones.
Speaker 7: That are ultimately going to have to fix us. Yep.
Speaker 23: And you're going to have to have people like Josh Berklewitz to get reelected. That's going to set high bonds for people that is going to take crime seriously. And unless things like that happen, we're going to continue to just spin our wheels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're right about that.
Speaker 1: And boy, the judiciary and each judge's individual, I get that, but the judiciary has changed quite a bit in this county. I got to ask you this, and this made me happy. When I saw the billboard. I didn't see it in person, if you will, I saw a picture of it that talks.
Speaker 2: About Issue five.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Ken Kober, I don't know where you were in two thousand and one, but those of us who knew a little bit of what we were talking about knew that at some point this thing, Issue five taking away civil service protection from the chief of police, was going to bite somebody in the butt, and that time has come. Is the FOP going to mount an effort because it'll have to get on the ballot, but mount an effort to get that thing repealed?
Speaker 23: Absolutely? You know, in two thousand and one, I was a very very young police department employee.
Speaker 7: When I saw it.
Speaker 23: When it happened in two thousand and one, I'm like, man, this is not going to be good. You know, Keith Hygman was the president. Oh yeah, I'm the FOP, and I heard what he had to say about it, I heard what all the people that were running the FOP had to say about it. I'm like, yeah, this this is likely going to be bad. And unfortunately, here we are twenty four years later and we're seeing just that. We are absolutely going to be mounting an effort.
Speaker 7: To change it.
Speaker 23: I'm not I'm not suggesting that we necessarily repeal it, because I don't think the citizens in the city are going to be okay with going back to the way things were. But what I do think is that we need to find a happy medium, something that everybody can live with. But the ultimate goal is the chief has got to have some kind of protection from one person terminating them and this person the city manager. Now and this isn't a slam on shere along, but the city manager alone. They're they're appointed, They're they're not even elected by the public. How are we going to allow somebody that's appointed to make the decision whether or not the fire chief, the police chief is going to be fired. And what have we seen? You know, they fired the fire chief last year and that has been an absolute disaster. Now we have the going on with Chief Fiji. The council of the elected people of this city need to be able to have some say so as.
Speaker 7: To what goes on, you know.
Speaker 1: And the other thing too, I think what has to happen is the chief has to have some and I get a happy medium. The chief has to have that civil service protection because I'll tell you what, if you're talking about Tom Striker or Larry Whalen, we wouldn't be going through that crap because they wouldn't have any of it, you know what I mean, Well.
Speaker 23: That's the whole reason that came about is because Chief Striker ran the department the way that he thought was best, and they hated that he didn't have to succumb to pressure from city hall. And city hall hated that at the time, you know, they hated that. You're like, there's nothing we can do to him. And then, believe me, we were thankful, you know, to have a chief that would able to stand up the city Hall and be able to say and do what they thought was best. But it was something that you know, this whole politics and.
Speaker 7: Policing, this is where we're at because of this exactly. So there have to be changed.
Speaker 1: There has to be And do you want the City of Cincinnati, I'm asking this rhetorically to become a police department like Chicago Portland where the politicians do run it.
Speaker 2: I think we.
Speaker 1: Were very well served for a lot of years doing it the way where there was a civil service test for chief and you know, and the chief had civil service protection and if there's a happy median out there that people think could get passed by the electorate.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: I'm all for it, and I think there's going to be a lot of people, can Kober that will want to work on that campaign, and I'll tell you I'll be the first one in line.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 23: Absolutely, I said, this is this is something that is so much bigger, you know, than what's going on right now. This is going to change who could be a leader in this department for the next fifty years.
Speaker 7: Yep. But it's something that absolutely has to be done. You know, as long as I'm.
Speaker 23: In the position that I'm in, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that this changes that that it happens.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're on top of it. Hey, we're out of time, Ken.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate your point of view on this and hope we can call on you in the future.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Sure, thanks for having me, Mike, Okay.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well there you go. I mean, you heard it from the horse's mouth. The FOP is going to mount a challenge to Issue five, which you know that's not an easy thing to do, but I know those police officers and if they make up of their mind that they're going to try to fight something, they'll do it. And this is appropriate to do that too, because it just it changes the UH. I don't know the attitude complexion, whatever you want to say in the police department when it's run by politicians, and that should not be anyway. I am out of here. Be back next week. What the fank might produce? Liam for keeping me out of trouble? As always in talk to next Saturday Mike aallon Saturday midday.
Speaker 4: The Bengals are looking to install a no fly zone when the Jets touchdown in Cincinnati. Can the Orange and Black ground the Green and White? Or will New York take off with the wind? One thing I do know, turbulence is guaranteed. I don't do well with turbulence. I may need a barf bag. Coverage begins tomorrow at nine am, stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app or on seven hundred WLW, home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 10: Ovarian cancer is devastating and difficult to diagnose. It's often only caught in advanced stages, and four out of five women will see the deadly disease return.
Speaker 21: I knew when ovarian cancer recurs it's often incurable.
Speaker 2: It was terrifying waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Speaker 10: Until recently, following chemotherapy, women with recurrent ovarian cancer had to simply watch and wait for their disease to come back. Well, we say not on my watch, Not on my watch, Not on my watch. Now, with maintenance therapies, women can extend their time in response and delay recurrence.
Speaker 2: Knowledge and awareness of your choices empowers.
Speaker 5: You and gives you a greater sense of control.
Speaker 26: Let's call for a change in ovarian cancer care.
Speaker 10: The not on my watch movement empowers women facing recurrent ovarian cancer to take an informed and active role in managing their disease. Visit not on my watch dot com to learn more.
Speaker 2: Jeff Weilerhanda dot com.
Speaker 29: Over the years, you've brought them into your home. You were prescribed obioids after the C section, when dad injured his back, when your basketball star towards acl obiloids helped with the pain, and you held onto them just in case.
Speaker 2: But did you know holding onto.
Speaker 29: Unused obioids to put your family at risk. Opioids are powerful pain reducing prescription medicines, but most people who are prescribed opioids don't finish their prescriptions, so millions of unused opioids are sitting at homes across the country, and tragically, more than one hundred Americans die every day from overdoses involving opioids. What can you do to protect your family? Remove the risk of unused opioids from your home, pills patches or syrups and drawers, purses and cabinets anywhere they might be hiding. To find out how to dispose of them properly, visit www dot FDA dot gov slash Drug Disposal.
Speaker 16: Hey, listeners, this is attorney Blake Maslin. If you've had a water pipe freeze or bust and an insurance company's denying your claim or paying too little, call us immediately. I don't care why it was denied or underpaid. Just let us look at it. It's a free consultation and we only charge if we win. Insurance companies are wrongfully denying or underpaying all the time, and it's only getting worse. Just accept what they say. Call us immediately. There's zero risk. Call now four four four four four four fourth. A message from DAV to all returning veterans.
Speaker 17: Thank you. Thank you for doing your duty. Thank you for doing our bidding. Thank you for laying it all on the line. Thank you for stepping up and not backing down. Thank you for putting your future on hold to put our enemies on notice. Thank you for putting your buddies' lives ahead of your own. Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way. Thank you for defending our freedom, for displaying your honor, for being a hero, even though you don't.
Speaker 7: Want to be called one.
Speaker 17: For all this and more, DAV thanks you, and we're here to help you. Expert DAV Advisors will make sure you get the health, disability and financial benefits you are promised and earned. If you're a veteran. Visit DAV dot org for free help and again, thank you.
Speaker 30: Excuse me, I know you have a nine o'clock, so I'll keep this short. I'm the business suit in the back of your closet. You wore me nearly every day before your office went quote casual. I used to be the CEO of your closet. Now I'm just that one intern no one ever talks to. I always thought you'd circle back with me. Get granular, keep me in the pipeline, but nada, nothing, don't you remember the McKittrick presentation. You spilled coffee on me and I still looked amazing. During the breakout talkback Q and A