Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday afternoon, April six, twenty twenty six. You're back to back World champion Los Angeles Dodgers seven.
Speaker 8: And two to start this season.
Speaker 7: After a three game sweep in Washington, DC, the Dodgers now continue their road trip north of the border, a return to the scene of the crime last year's World Series at the Rogers Center as the Dodgers started a three game series against the Toronto Blue Jays. First pitch coming up at four to zero seven, with Justin Robluski on the mound coming up.
Speaker 8: Over the next hour, we got a jam packed Morago.
Speaker 7: Casino Dodgers on deck you're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts a little different looking lineup this afternoon for the Boys in Blue. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup with Max Scherzer on the mound. For the Blue Jays, David Vasse is gonna go one on one with Game seven World Series hero Miguel Rojas. That's coming up in forty five minutes. You're not gonna miss that. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Rogers Center. In just a few minutes, we'll check in with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday out at the gallopin Ford Broadcast Booth.
Speaker 8: Well yesterday, well two hour and ten.
Speaker 7: Minute rain delay didn't damper the mood for the Dodgers as they took on the Washington Nationals in the series finale. Rokie Susaki got the start, win five innings. He allowed six runs on five hits and struck out five along the way Dodgers game in the early one to nothing lead thanks to a solo home run from sho hey Otani in the third, his second of the season. A four hundred and thirty eight foot shot. Dodgers rough one to nothing. The bottom of the third inning, Luis Garcia Junior with a two run home run, and the Dodgers found themselves down two to one. In the fourth inning, some unlucky magic I guess for the Dodgers, whatever you want to call it, A ball hits the bag at first, goes over the head of Freddie Freeman. Caber Luiz gets an RBI single, Then two batters later, James would a three run home run.
Speaker 8: Just like that, the Nationals flipped the script up six to one.
Speaker 7: Dodgers down in the sixth inning, but not out thanks to Dalton Rushing.
Speaker 2: Puland's two to two pitch to Dalton Rushing, and Rushing hits it high in the ear to right field in deep Wood is back. He is at the wall and it's into the National bullpen. Dalton Rushing chips away in a big way, a two run home and it's now six to three on Dalton Rushings first of the year.
Speaker 7: Two run home run for the Dodger catcher. Dodgers down six to three. You knew they were going to make another effort late in this game to get back into it, and that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 8: In the eighth.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers loaded the bases, nobody out for Santiago Espenal.
Speaker 2: Still one and two on spen All bases loaded, no outs. The pitch spen All in the air left center field, down for a hit. One run is in. Freeman scores. Here comes Pa has to throw his late it's a one run game. Spin All drives in a pair and the Dodgers have something special cooking in the eighth.
Speaker 9: Well, that's a big advent obviously in this ball game. In for Espinal, remember he was down one ball, two strikes. He fouled off a breaking ball and then he got another pitch and just sent it into left center field.
Speaker 7: Thiago Espinal with the two runs single, Dodges down six to five, and they weren't done. Kyle Tucker comes off the bench as a pinch hitter fielders choice. S gooins Alex call that tied the game at six and show Hey otanias sackfly to left that brought in the go ahead run. Dodgers with four runs in the eighth yesterday took the lead seven to sixth The Taskar Hernandez a solo home run to left in the ninth made it an eight to six game, and when Diaz ballgame over closed out the bottom half of the ninth inning got all three batters that he faced as the Dodgers, with their fifth comfort behind win of this season, beat the Washington Nationals eight to six. Year Final. Dodgers waited out the rain delay and they get the win. It was worth it now seven to two on this season, a day at which Mookie Betts went on the injured list, the Dodgers still able to get the victory, and now they're in Toronto for the first of three against the Blue Jays, a rematch of last year's World Series. Justin Robleski on the mount in the series opener, first pitch at four to zero seven. With more we head out to the Calvin Ford broadcast both as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim Kats, it is great to be back in Toronto, the Dodgers and Blue Jays meeting for the first time in one hundred and fifty seven days. Moll, that's how much time has passed since Game seven of an epic World Series between these two clubs. And it could have gone either way and almost did in that series, but ultimately the Dodgers went back to back.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 9: Everybody talks about Game seven, and I mean it was a time capsule Game seven, but Game six could have been ended also with the Toronto winning the World Championship. That happened to not take place. But I think this is going to be interesting tonight to see exactly what happens. Who gets booed? Rableski, Who's going to start? Yeah, he hit a batter during the World Series. They had a benches emptied, and he says, I expect to get booed. But I think the overall flavor in this town. You know, the wound is still rather fresh in fifty seven days. Yeah, and I know what it feels like to face the team that beat you in the World Series. Experienced it a couple of different times, and it is painful. It is a wound. And the question is the Dodgers took care of business. You and I talked about this. Dodgers took care of business against the Nationals. They swept that series. Well, Toronto, were they looking ahead to this series a little bit too much? Because they not only lost the series of the White Sox, they also lost to the Sacramento A's and do they have focus. Although I'll say this, Toronto is banged up physically and they got a big injury they they found out it's even more compounded today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be Alejandro Kirk. You talk about painful memories of Game seven, There's been a lot of pain here in twenty twenty six for.
Speaker 8: The Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: No Jose Burrios, no Shane Bieber, trey Ya Savage, who burst onto the scene against the Dodgers in the World Series and through that postseason, he is on the injury ass Cody Ponce, a free agent started they signed from overseas. He messed up his ACL He's going to be out for a long time. And then Alejandro Kirk, their catcher, it took a foul ball off of his thumb on his glove hand as a catcher and he had to have surgery.
Speaker 8: So he has done.
Speaker 2: Addison Barger exited the series finel against the White Sox with two ankle injuries. And Anthony Santunder, who was a free agent signing two off seasons ago, He's going to be out for a long time too. So the Dodgers look they're missing some pieces from that World Series run. Obviously, Blake Snell is not here, Keith A. Hernandez is not here, but Andy Pajes is here, and he's the National League Player of the week well and for good reason.
Speaker 9: So Paz has just done everything in my estimation, I mean, the start that he's gotten off to, it's the best I think, concentrated area that we have seen this young man who just continues to grow, not only offensively but defensively. He's running the bases better. On top of it, he's a guy that's all of a sudden he's realized he belongs. Not only belongs in the big leagues, but he could be a big, big influence on what happens in the lineup for Dave Roberts elevates him tonight in batting the number six point one lineup.
Speaker 2: Note you may have seen the Initi lineup and know Will Smith there and alarm bills may have been ringing for any of you at home. You can turn those alarms off, tim It is just a scheduling reason for Will Smith not being in there today. Dave Roberts wants Will Smith behind the plate for Yoshinobu Yamamoto and show hi Otani starts in this series, so dunt rushing, he will take the first crack at it in this series opener, we back with a little bit in a bit with some keys from mo until then we send it back to the studio.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Nelly, so we caun't you down the first pitch. Dodger fans get that game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor. You can order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here, i'marronggo casino Dodgers ideck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts, get his pregame thoughts and the Dodgers returned to Toronto. You're gonna hear from the Game seven World Series hero Miguel Rojas on the return to Toronto. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup your magical moment. But I'm nexture Otani, your rewine Ann. We'll go live to the field sports and n La is old Kirsten Watson. It's the vibe during that in practice. We'll check in with currest to next. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Blue Jays, a rematch of the twenty twenty five World Series from Toronto. First pitch at four oh seven. Thanks for being with us on this Monday afternoon. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's a Dodgers and the Blue Jays start of a three game set from the Rogers Center in Toronto. Justin Robuski Max shirts as a pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four oh seven.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: This streak for show hey. It goes back to August twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. This one is drilled dead center field. Forget about it, show hey. Old Tawny with a missile in DC gives them the first lead.
Speaker 8: The one two.
Speaker 2: Oldtani pulls it to right field. It is down and it is headed toward the corner. Dugout thereby Wood. His throw in is going to be late. Oltani's standing up at second already with a one out.
Speaker 1: Double and so.
Speaker 2: A third consecutive multi hit game in this series. The first pitch from beater old Tani swings and drives one the left center field. It is slicing toward Lyle, who makes the catch in front of the track. Tagging from third is 'spen all he will score. It's a sacrifice fly from Oltani, and the Dodgers have reclaimed the lead.
Speaker 7: In the ege Show Hey Otani, A sack fly show, Hey Otani with a double show hey Otani. With a four hundred and thirty eight foot home run, his second of the season. He goes two for four home run the double, now botting two to seventy three on the season and is active on bastreak, now reaching forty consecutive games.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston, Watson and.
Speaker 7: Kirson now joins us from North of the Border in Toronto. Brought to my Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donate now and Cars for Kids dot org. That's cars with a K. It's a return to the scene of the crime, Game seven of the World Series last November, first Dodger's back there for the first time since then.
Speaker 8: What is it like?
Speaker 1: Hereson you know.
Speaker 10: What it's there's a lot of familiarity. That's what it feels like being back, and you talk to the guys, a few of them are like, it kind of feels like we were just here, going back into the hotel. We're in the same one that we stayed in when the team is here for the World Series. Just being back out here, there are so many of those memories. And then of course it's the excitement of winning the World Series. So you know, right now, it's like when you talk to the guys, it's a lot about just what do you remember from that game certain moments. Of course, we think Andy Paus's catch has come up quite a bit. The double play that ended the game has come up. Even Dave Roberts was laughing. He was just more of like, when he looks at the feeling he has right now being in Rogers Center is as far from as anxious as he was last year. Obviously, when this team came in, they were in a situation where the Blue Jays had to win and they had to win one and the Dodgers had to win two, and they were they were able to, you know, obviously pick up Game six and Game seven and facing elimination. So there's a lot of really just that there's the excitement of kind of being where it all happened, but also there's that feeling of Okay, well that was last year. This is a new team this year. We have a new goal this year and it includes winning the World Series again, creating a three p and that's kind of where their mind is at at this moment.
Speaker 7: Looking at the lineup right now today, no Will Smith in the lineup. Interesting back to back days not in the lineup exactly.
Speaker 10: So when we were in DC, Dave Roberts did make it clear that he wanted to have adult Rutching start one of those three just so that you know that Will could be ready. But for this three game series, of course they're playing on turf here. But Dave Roberts did say that when he saw just kind of a party of a bad city, sew them doun't rushing yesterday. Of course, you know that home run that put them even in a position to really force that comeback against the Nationals. He liked that, and he also just looked at with this series. He wanted to make sure that Dalton got to start in this one and that Will was playing two of three, so he just felt like it made the most sense for it get him to start this one. You know, we obviously hear load management and a lot of different sports and all, so I think that's like the correct way of saying it for what they're doing with Will Smith. But they do want to be very mindful of just making sure that he's kind of getting maybe like two of three per series, especially early, you know in the year.
Speaker 7: Well he gets a day off to at least start the game today, maybe some more lady heroic from Will Smith will find out how Yeah, absolutely, Garson enjoy it head on a swivel. Of course, with all those Blue Jay fans there inside Rogers Centators where you're seeing it during the game.
Speaker 8: Still they come here.
Speaker 7: I'm Wrongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vasse. We'll check in throughout the hour as well. But up next your injury report and we hear from Dodgers manager Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Blue Jays and Rogers Center in Toronto.
Speaker 8: First pitch at four old seven.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Katson, the Back to Back World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 7: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we leach up to first pitch Dodgers and the Blue Jays on this Monday afternoon Maronggo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good times. Justin Robletsky on the mount first pitch, four oh seven.
Speaker 3: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 7: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Mookie Bets on the iel with the right obleague strain, Tommy Emmon on the IEL recovering from off season ankle surgery. Blake Snell, Brock Stewart, where is our Grouderol Land and Neck, Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips all on the injured.
Speaker 8: List as well.
Speaker 7: Keiki Hernandez on the sixty dail To start twenty twenty six, Let's head back out north of the border and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 5: Any questions for Dave? Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 5: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 1: In the dugouts? With Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it feels obviously a lot of great memories. I think the thing that I feel is I don't feel as much anxiousness as I did the last time. We hear understandably so so to come back here and the stakes aren't as high as they were in October, it's different. But I'm sure the players will be ready to go, and the fans are going to be pretty excited.
Speaker 8: Focusing on the players.
Speaker 10: And you look at this lineup today, No Will Smith. What led us to that decision to have him ountain this game?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 11: I think it was just more of king at the schedule and trying to get Dalton in there one game, and I really wanted a will to catch Yamamoto and show hey got in late last night. Dalton hit a homer yesterday, so I felt to get him back in there, I thought was a good thing. So it just made sense. And he'll play two or three this series and two or three the next series and we get home dude expects We.
Speaker 8: Started two times a week starts for Dalton early obviously time.
Speaker 5: I think, so, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 11: I mean, I wouldn't say hard and fast, but if we can get him a couple starts in a week. I think that'd be nice times.
Speaker 5: If you watched the Pie Has Catch.
Speaker 11: I would say probably you know it's you see it, you know, at different times on the highlights, So I would say probably a dozen times.
Speaker 7: I think I've listened to it, probably fifteen times. Dave Roberts, it never gets old hearing those catches from Pie Has, the infield play for Miguel Rojas and the ninth and of course the home run from Rojas, the whole run from Will Smith, and then of course Stephen Nelson's final call epic and will always be legendary. When we continue here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in.
Speaker 8: With another legend, David Vesse.
Speaker 7: That's next as we leach out to First Pitch Dodgers and Blue Jays, a rematch of the World Series from Toronto of Tim Kates. Is the batch to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's a Dodgers in Blue Jays, the start of a three game series from Toronto.
Speaker 8: First Pitch and the Rogers Centers. Coming up at four zero seven.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by l Pato, born in la and made for your game day. Lapoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces to your table.
Speaker 8: El Pato Gourmet.
Speaker 10: And a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider.
Speaker 8: David all Right, DV. It was November one last fall.
Speaker 7: Doesn't seem like a long time ago that the Dodgers won Game seven of that World Series and here they are started the season back at the Rogers Center.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and being at the same team hotel as they were during the World Series last year. I took the same walk back to the hotel and to Rogers Center a few times last year, and I took.
Speaker 5: The same path today.
Speaker 6: And maybe the reason why it feel so similar to last year is because the temperatures outside tim are thirty five degrees similar to what they were last October and November. But players have their own different feelings. You'll hear from Miguel Rojas a little bit later. But some have told me to turn the page and move on to this year others are you know.
Speaker 5: Enjoying returning to Toronto.
Speaker 6: I think part of the reason why everybody's so excited about this series is because it's happening on the first road trip of the year, the first two weeks of the season, and it was the greatest World Series we've all witnessed. If this is taking place in August, I feel like the emotions would be more validated to turn the page to twenty twenty six. But one last victory lap for the Dodgers here in Toronto.
Speaker 8: That is a great point.
Speaker 7: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trains at North America Truck of the Year, the Ford and Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gawen and the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new Leigel. You're Southern California Ford Dealers today. All right, this oblique and Mookie bets, how bad is it?
Speaker 8: David?
Speaker 5: Well, we saw him leaving the stadium yesterday.
Speaker 6: He was carrying his guitar, his backpack and a man purse across his body.
Speaker 5: So obviously not hurting that bad.
Speaker 6: And today we had a chance to catch up with him, and he seemed to be optimistic.
Speaker 5: This will not sideline him too long, BOOKI when he's trained the left side of your week in eighteen?
Speaker 6: Was it on a similar player?
Speaker 13: Was that a swing?
Speaker 14: No, that was a swing. That was a swing in the cage. That was a swing in the cage. Yeah, a day game, so I remember that, And uh that was before the game. So this is nothing. We might real close to that.
Speaker 5: So this is probably less severe than that.
Speaker 14: Much less much much less severe. I'll be I should be back a little quicker than that.
Speaker 5: He won the MVP that year down.
Speaker 14: Yeah, so we'll see. Uh, we'll see I go this time.
Speaker 11: H Yeah.
Speaker 6: A little something to bring some levity to all this. But Muki did confirm that it wasn't on a check swing that he heard his oblique. It was when he was rounding second base, scoring on that Freddie Freeman first inning double in the middle game of that series. And he said he can run, he could throw, but really the only thing he can't do right now is swing a bat.
Speaker 5: So we'll see where this goes.
Speaker 6: But obliques can be tricky and you have to be patient with them, similar to hamstrings. If you try to come back too soon from these injuries, you can make it a lot worse.
Speaker 7: Ye hard to put a timetable on individual guys injuries. David Great Stuff'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. We're also gonna hear from Rick Monday. We got the pitching matchup. A lot to get to before first pitch, but up next for Dodgers Magical Moment. I wonder what that'll be Dodgers Blue Jays first pitch of four oh seven. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo.
Speaker 3: Casino Dodgers Hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Blue Jays on this Monday afternoon, a rematch of last year's Fall Classic.
Speaker 8: Justin Robleski, Max Schuzer.
Speaker 7: The pitching matchup, first pitch in the Rogers Centers coming up at four oh seven.
Speaker 3: I who wants a hot mon It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Times.
Speaker 7: We go back to last year's World Series Game three Dodgers and the Blue Jays. Freddie Freeman in the eighteenth Inny with some Dodger magic.
Speaker 2: Full count on Freeman Little delivers. Freeman.
Speaker 8: It's went high in the air, straight away center field, farcell hat the walf.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman, Mister World Series ends the marathon at midnight. He is mob at home place as the Dodgers walk it up in the bottom of the eighteenth inning, six five the final to grab a two.
Speaker 1: To one series lead.
Speaker 9: You want Drummers come to Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman in the eighteenth inning ends a marathon game with his second career walk off in the World Series. Freddie Freeman delivers as the Dodgers will then go on and win in seven games against the Blue Jays's Hofey Magical Moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, Haffey Soakow's Local Treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfye Hot Dogs Local and su Great.
Speaker 8: Let me continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We all check back.
Speaker 7: You know Rick Monday and David Veasse for leading up to first pitch from Toronto Dodgers and Blue Jays, just like the World Series last October. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Know this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Blue Jays from Toronto. Justin Robleski. Match sures are the pitching match up. Time out for the Verizon startup is we are thirty two minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. Let's check back in with Rick Monday and Shirley Steiner.
Speaker 1: All right, Tim.
Speaker 13: One hundred and fifty seven days later, since the Dodgers won Game seven of the World Series, they're back at the Rogers Center the first of a three game series with the Toronto Blue Jains. Yesterday. Quite a day for the Dodgers. Down six to one, they come from behind, winning eight to six. There were difficulties with Trochi Sasaki. Is he Rokie or is he Rocky bow Well?
Speaker 9: I think the other jury is still out and it depends on what he's going to do. You know, Dave Roberts used they of the term before his first start that he wanted Sasaki go out and quote unquote attack the strength zone and attack the hitters. And to this point we have not really seen that on a consistent basis, and the breaking ball has not really been there. As far as he calls it the splitter, it's technically the fourth ball because it's so deep between the middle finger and the ring finger. But the Dodgers need some better results from him tonight. They give the ball to Justin Rubleski, who will at least start the game the lefty, and we get a guy that we've seen quite a bit of over the years, that being Max Schurzer, his nineteenth season at the major league level. He said last year he said, you know, I may be forty one years old, but I never thought that I could love the game of baseball as much as I am right now. He made that comment right after Game seven of the World Series last year.
Speaker 13: So, after Sasaki struggled yesterday, the bullpen for shutout relief dings Vezi, a Dryer, Tyner, Scott is coming back, and of course Edwin Diaz closed it down. So the bullpen has been very good through the first nine games, which was somewhat of a struggle of course last year.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is, and I think for bullpen to be able to stand till earlier on because you know, let's face it, it's early in the season. Obviously, pitchers are not fully stretched out. We're seeing what five and six innings for the most part, So the bullpen is going to have their numbers called quite often. And they've done a very good job. Obviously. Of course they've had some run support. You know that that come from behind victory yesterday was already their fifth this season. They've done a very good job and that end of it. They've also done a very good job with runners in scoring position in the early goings as a team hitting a three forty three. And it looks like I made this comment yesterday, and I told Dave Roberts this on the plane last night. I said, Dave, your team's come to the ballpark not to play a game. Your team's come to the ballpark to win a game.
Speaker 13: And life begins now without Mookie for I guess the next four to six weeks with that old bleak, and so shortstop is going to be a very interesting proposition. Him is up. Of course, Rojas has been terrific, So the Dodgers, with their depth life without Bookie can in fact go on.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the other guy is You've got some horses in that lineup, and hays On kimpb will start at shortstop tonight and they need him to make better contact than what we saw in Arizona portion of spring training was rather inconsistent pulled off the ball, so he'll have a chance to kind of settle in. Is interesting too because this Bullpark Rogers Center as well know artificial surface. It does have a natural dirt part of the infield, but you get some pretty true hops at least while is on the artificials of both infield and outfield.
Speaker 13: Oh that fellow Otani, he's reached base in every one of the nine games so far this year, forty straight, going back to last season. By the way, the franchise record for consecutive games on base seventy, set back in eighteen ninety nine by a fellow named fielder Jones. He was playing for the Superb at the time. Duke Snider had that fifty eight game streak. And here's Otan and he is hitting the ball very hard in the last couple of days after a somewhat shaky start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well he got up to a slow start, but once he gets it into gear, I mean, he's just a totally different beast, if you will. In this lineup, Dodgers need better production. If you look at the number three spot in the lineup collectively, while they've driven in nine runs, hitting just two hundred, the number four spot collectively hitting just two eleven. They've also whoever's been that four spot has knocked in nine. So while the averages are low, those two spots have been productive.
Speaker 13: And Tioscar Hernandez beginning to heat up nine for nineteen in his last five games.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's a pretty good one two punch with the ti Oscar Who's going to bat in the number four spot tonight, and right behind him is Max Munsey. Behind him is Andy Pajis, who has the best batting average four seventy one. On top of it, and pahes Charlie is not only hitting the ball pulling it to the left field, he's flaring it right field in particularly with two strikes. He's had a much much better approach, maybe the best approach we've seen in a young career.
Speaker 13: Batting sixth in the lineup today Otani, Tucker Freeman, Tayl muncie Pi has free loaded second base rushing catching, and Kim is at shortstop.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up in just a little bit.
Speaker 8: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Great to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by City a hull preparation, precision, in unrelenting commitments of being the best of what they do. That's what makes them a champion at City of Hope. That commitment has one focus curing cancer, something.
Speaker 8: We can all get behind. City of Hope.
Speaker 7: Champions of Hope, make an appointment at today at Citio Hope dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a previous pitching matchup.
Speaker 8: We'll get to the keys of the game.
Speaker 7: But up next we'll hear from Miguel Rojas Dodgers Blue Jays.
Speaker 8: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio not.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Blue Jays. On this Monday afternoon, Justin Robleski Max Sures of the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 8: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 12: This this high and tight.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers are back in Toronto, and so is the man that saved the Dodgers season in Game seven and Game six.
Speaker 5: That's the one and only Miguel Rojas. Thanks a lot for the time and great to be back here with you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's a great feeling, a lot of emotions, of course, coming back here in such a short time. You know, it feels like it was a couple of weeks ago and we're back into the same series. To be honest with you, this is one of the things that you never kind.
Speaker 5: Of like prepare for. You just gotta leave it.
Speaker 12: And that's why my expectations this whole year are just gonna be to be in the moment, because I want to enjoy everything that happened last year. Obviously, it's in the past already, but I mean, we're gonna have some some things that we that we can remember and feel proud for, and this.
Speaker 5: Is one of them.
Speaker 12: Coming back to this country and knowing what we have to come through to to be back to back champions means a lad and I'm looking forward to enjoy this year.
Speaker 6: Did you have any issues coming across the border. I was worried about that the Canadians might stop you.
Speaker 5: No, nothing, nothing happened.
Speaker 12: They were actually really nice over there last night when we got here Long day yesterday. We have the way on the field, and I'm really proud of the way the guys, everybody in the in the team has been up doing their part to uh to get w's. It's been from the contributions up and down the line up, starting pitching, booping, it's been amazing. And I was talking to the guys a little bit yesterday before we take a little shot for the sweep that it's really fun to watch to see everybody kind of like stepping in in the game, like guys like Alex Cole and Santiago Espinal. Yes, they got getting the first hit in a big time. It's really fun to be part of the Dodgers right now.
Speaker 6: Why does it always seem to happen when teams come together on road trips.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 12: I just feel like we had a little, a little thing going that is like a family reunion. Every time we get to go on the road. We like enjoying time together on the plane. Bus rides with us are really fun. Were always trying to keep it loose and trying to connect and get together because obviously the spring training you're together for six months.
Speaker 1: For six weeks.
Speaker 12: I'm sorry, but you're not really doing much together. So I feel like this is our time to kind of like get to know people, get to know personalities, and it's being really nice to see uh Eding and and Talker and Santiago and the guys who just got to the team feeling comfortable and starting to feel like how it is to be a Dodger on and off the field.
Speaker 6: Speaking of bus rides, everybody's ask to you about every single thing of Game seven, but.
Speaker 5: One thing we've never heard.
Speaker 6: What was the bus ride like on the way to the stadium, And what was the bus ride like after you had the trophy?
Speaker 12: Yeah, on the way to the stadium when we landed.
Speaker 5: We were down three two, right, and we have to win two games.
Speaker 12: And that was one of the most like outgoing fun.
Speaker 1: Loo.
Speaker 5: A lot of music.
Speaker 12: People were like really really lose, having a good time, knowing that we have the opportunity to come here and we're gonna play in front of a really, uh tough environment because these people right here in Canada, they know how to leave baseball and obviously that creates a lot of anxiety and you kind.
Speaker 5: Of can be nervous.
Speaker 12: But that was right, kind of like got us like gods going and being loose, and then a sen we show up to practice the next day and dog isting there in between and they're right there. So I feel like there's a lot of things from getting out of the LA and losing that game game five, coming here and then everything changed just because we got together again. We connected and we knew it was gonna be hard, but we we we would lose. And we have to credit that to a lot of guys on our team, guys who've been here before in this situation, Freddie, Mookie and Kicking and the guys who were kind of playing every day. And I told something to the guys on the balls. I say, guys, I'm playing tomorrow and I have him played a monk. So you guys better help me out because I don't wanna. I don't want to be the reason why we're losing this war series.
Speaker 5: So the guys let me play.
Speaker 12: Let me play my part in game six and games seven and and I'm glad that we are.
Speaker 5: We got the War series. Thanks a lot for the time again, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: There is Miguel Rojas has been our guest here in Toronto, and he receive a gift card to Hobby Airs.
Speaker 5: Go see my guy Hobby Airs.
Speaker 6: Downtown Pasadena, Newport Beach. All of the above. They're great people. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 8: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 5: DV.
Speaker 8: Always great to hear from the World Series Hero mcguil Rojas.
Speaker 7: Dodgers Baseball presented by uniclod Field the Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclo dot com, slash us the leads. You have to first pitch up. Next we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 8: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim kas Is, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers. Hunting the game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 8: It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays.
Speaker 7: First pitcher Rogers Centers coming up at four oh seven, and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Brought to you. Buy it here Toyota Dealers. They make it easy. Max Shres are on the mound. Want to know one fifty forty one year old right hitter is nineteen season now in the big leagues with seven more strikeouts.
Speaker 8: Something to keep an eye on.
Speaker 7: Today he can become the eleventh player in MLB history to record thirty five hundred career strikeouts. Hopefully he doesn't achieve that today. First start of this season, he was really good. Six innings, one run, four hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Rockies, making his eighteenth career regular season start against the Dodgers, his twentieth appearance. He last faced the Dodgers in Games seven of the World Series last year. Four and a third innings, allowed one run on four hits with a couple of strikeouts and a walk. Justin Robleski goes for the Dodgers six to seventy five ERA, no wins, no loss. It's just one appearance already this year, and that came out of the bullpen against the Guardians. He gave up three earned runs on four hits over four innings in Bulkan relief of striking out two. This is his third season in the Big League's only twenty five years old, and he was really good this spring, so good that he became the piggyback with rookie Susaki, and now the Dodgers are going to a six man rotation. He has become that other starter with Blake Snell still injured. He pitched in four World Series games against the Blue Jays, really good, five scoreless combined inning with six strikeouts and gave up to four hits. So it's justin Robusky and Max schures Aer the pitching match up Dodgers in Blue Jays, a rematch of the World Series for fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 8: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kais is the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 7: All season Law Dodgers and Blue Jays rematch of the World Series. As we get you ready for the start of the game with a Saporo start. Yeah, great moments, start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste. Pret friend Saporo has you covered with the variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo good with sushi, great with baseball. It's head back out to the book. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, all right.
Speaker 2: TC, getting closer to first pitch here at Rogers Center in the World Series rematch between the Dodgers and the Blue Jays. It'll be just center Obleski making his first start of the season opposite old friend Max Scherzer. Inappropriate in a sense, Mole that Schuzer takes the ball because he started the last game between these two teams in Game seven. He certainly did his part four and a third really strong here in the seventh and final game of the World Series, and he will start the series opener here today.
Speaker 9: And he understands how to pitch. This is nineteen season of the big leagues. Here's one thing that'll be looking at with Surezer. Besides of his stuff, Well, he's got a good breaking bality changes speeds. But if you look at the first pitch, he throws strike sixty eight percent of the time. That's not a small sample size. That's over the last three years almost seventy percent first pitch strike. Why am I coming that? Well? If you look at Freddy Freeman his last three years, first pitch of it at bat hitting at four to twenty nine, fourth best in baseball. Another guy that puts the first pitch into play a lot with success. Show Hey o'tani and he's got the first lick as far as with shus are on the mount in the top of the first inning.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers have won three in a row. The Blue Jays have lost four in a row. But none of that matters as these two kickoff a World Series rematch one hundred and fifty seven days following their Game seven clash. Tim be back in a moment here with first pitch.
Speaker 8: All right, first pitch? Will we come back? Enjoy it?
Speaker 7: Rematch of the World Series. David Veassi has got you covered with all the postgame what it's done. This has been Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck on the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network