Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy l A sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted.
Speaker 1: By Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: That's right, go ahead, and don't got to listen to this shop.
Speaker 3: That'd be me come back prog manman forgot about that?
Speaker 2: Shame on me?
Speaker 3: Is a Frogman Friday. But here you go. Your last your last quote, love of God? Is that always the same as love of good? Cogna Yukes, Petrosen Money in five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, Dave Damn, the Scheck and I Solving the World's problems in our commercial breaks six minutes at a time.
Speaker 4: Solve this quiz for me very quickly. Who's gonna win the AFC West Broncos in control, the Chargers right behind them. Yeah, Chiefs a diar five and five, they do. The Chiefs do have a solid schedule ahead. It ain't a breeze.
Speaker 3: It's not a breeze, but it's home games are they're tougher games.
Speaker 4: Ad Dallas ain't a gimmey.
Speaker 3: I just it's it's crazy not to say the the Broncos because of how far ahead they are right now. Well, the Chiefs can't catch the Bronco. No, the Chargers have to win out. Oh look, if the Chargers went out, they win the division because they'll sweep the Broncos and there's no way they're not losing one more before they face the Chargers in Week eighteens can the Chargers went out with this offense on line's gonna be pretty tough how long till Alt's back not coming back out at all? Out for the year.
Speaker 4: I completely missed that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out for the year. So that's rough. That's been a hit. But suspect they'll knock off the Raiders. The Eagles are an interesting one because they've struggled offensively. So can you get into a little dog fight with them and win by a field goal. And then after that, what do you do on a short week. You got to go to Kansas City, you know, because the schedule makers always do that to the Bolts. It's weird how it happens. They're always playing there on Thursday nights on short weeks.
Speaker 4: It is true, but you could drive the final stake into the dynasty ongoing.
Speaker 3: And Jesse Minner has been very good against Patrick Mahomes in his three games against him. He has done a pre bang up job against him defensively. How about this, Max Wan from the seven to one to four is our winner of the Grand Prize. He won Wednesday, so he has now got the Resorts World Las Vegas four pack at tickets to see the Raiders Broncos Grand Prize Prize on NFL week on PMS. Way to go Max. Check out Good Morning Football Overtime. It just ended on Fox eleven plus that's case. That's Channel thirteen here in town. So thank you to our friends over there Good Morning Football over time on Fox eleven plus four helping us out in the NFL all week with that fantastic week of prizes for the people. I'm gonna cough.
Speaker 4: I was wondering what was going on there? Go ahead, you want me to keep talking.
Speaker 3: I got so excited about our NFL prize.
Speaker 4: Got choked up. Good for you, you're a human being.
Speaker 5: Well, anytime macOS the Resorts World in Vegas, he gets very excited.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: I love it there, I absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: It's okay, where are your emotions on your sleeve? Friend?
Speaker 3: What did I I've got so much sports stuff that we did not get to because we were talking about anything. Whatever happens when when we get together, it's always a blast, and I'm trying to think of what do we got?
Speaker 6: We got two hours to go still, man, So I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To figure out where we should start here because I know we got Buha in the next segment, so we're going to cover the basketball there. So I've got all this stuff with my conspiracy college football. I do have some college football, do it? You went a little bit?
Speaker 7: Sure? All right?
Speaker 6: Here we go to sorry of it.
Speaker 4: Hi, By the way, is acc definitely gonna put a team in there.
Speaker 2: They have to.
Speaker 4: If they don't have to, they can reject a Power five champ if they see fit to do so.
Speaker 3: I think they'll put Miami in there.
Speaker 4: If Pitt sweeps Miami and Georgia Tech, which is not probable but possible, right, I don't think any team deserves to go out of that.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty hard for the CFP to keep an ACC team out.
Speaker 4: Well, if you put yeah, sorry that you James Madison is better than you, right, is not probably gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And so we got elimination games this weekend. My pal Pammy is asking me to go to Cosm with them on Saturday tomorrow for USC Oregon. So I might grab my Colin cowhard glass of vodka cigar probably not, and see if I can do a douchey summation of what USC did at the half, only to watch them get blown out by Penn State in the second half.
Speaker 4: Elimination game, by the way, out of any content, any contention.
Speaker 3: While that's the question, is it an elimination game for Oregon as well? Yes, you think so? With two losses? If they they if they knock off Washington with two losses, they can't get in.
Speaker 4: All right, Maybe I get maybe I should back off that proclamation, but it will be difficult for them because that by definition puts them out of the conference title.
Speaker 3: Because and it would be hard to put them in over sc with a head to head loss, who also would have two losses. You're right, So it is an elimination game. You're right, because they're not going to put more than than three. They're going to put in Indiana, Ohio State and whoever wins this game. That's a great point. Yeah, so yeahlminated India.
Speaker 4: It's remarkable that my alma mater is not just going to make it for a second straight but is a lock to make. If they right, it'll blow up Purdue sixty to nine. They're going to beat Purdue obviously again. And if they lose to Ohio State in the conference title game, in a respectable way, I think you can make a case that they're still one of the four best teams.
Speaker 3: Think so yeah, in a respectable way, they get blown off the field, one loss possible, could they slip out of the top four? Oh yeah, ole Miss if ole Miss ends up with one loss.
Speaker 4: But ole Miss isn't going to finish with one loss. This is the hash that gets settled in the last quarter or so of the college football season where teams have to play each other and there's no tie available, right, so these teams are going to knock each other off and we'll clarify things for fit.
Speaker 3: Either Georgia or Ole Miss will get knocked out of where the top four I got you. One will stay in the other one cannot make it. And that's a great point. Yeah, so Indiana will stay in as they should. And by the way, UCLA fans, maybe put your eyes on that North Texas Rice game as the most interesting of the weekend, so you can get your eyes on your potential next head coach, because maybe you go the path we've talked about this, Maybe you end up going the path that Indiana went with Signetti when they plucked him from James Madison, and you go the route of Eric Morris at North Texas hit.
Speaker 4: The ground running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And if AVA wants another And by the way, there's something crazy going on there, we'll have to talk to Bolch next week about the uh, the tax fraud that's going on their kates. Bad stuff there, bad stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on with the big business element of the Rose Bowl versus so Fie, but I'm telling you that is a bad move that is not going to help. It's just doesn't do a program. It doesn't do any it's gonna make it worse. It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's just down the four or five instead about the Pasadena you know, up the the one on one to the one thirty four.
Speaker 4: But it's a little bit worse. It's a little bit further away.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's I don't know, what do you think it's it's probably can't tailgate. It's so fine, you can't tail games. You tailgating is a big I.
Speaker 4: Mean, the Rose Bowl is one of the three best college football tailgating experiences that I've that I've had.
Speaker 3: It's just been so far. It's so far from campus. As Petros has said, they got to build a place on campus, which they'll never do. So there's really no good Sillies.
Speaker 5: What are you catering though, towards the fan base of students that don't travel and barely go to basketball games one hundred yards away from the dorms already? You cater towards the alumni who are driving from Orange County, the Ie San Diego and they don't care where it's after crevit anyways. Yeah, and now they can't tailgay they're at so far it is a.
Speaker 4: Bad look that vacuus Rose Bowl. When when you look at it and they're playing a big time game or big time foe and it's half full, it's it ain't a great.
Speaker 3: Like Eric Morris, Drew Messta Maker bring him both here, the quarterback whisperer that made cam Ward, then made Patrick Mahomes, that made Baker Mayfield and now has his superstar at North Texas at nine and one. Maybe they sneak in as the number twelve team, you know instead of two lane. That's your guy. So watch that North Texas versus Rice game at like four thirty ish and then figure out the tax fraud case with the shelter thirty seven crap that's going on.
Speaker 7: That's a bad scene.
Speaker 3: And hawaiiun LV that's right, watch that too tonight tonight seven thirty pm. Jo Bam Bouha gonna join us. I guess a little bit early. So we got a break here on the Lakers.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple Car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: That's Jo Say and Monday five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We have a full four hour show today and while Clippers play tomorrow Sunday NFL Football Big One Chiefs versus Colts, the news around town is all about the Dodgers and their dynasty and how Mark Walter, owner is going to extend that fairy dust that he has sprinkled on the Boys in Blue three World series titles on his watch will now be applied to the Forum Blue and Gold. And here to help us make sense of the latest news, Andrew Friedman Farhans eighty going to be consulting the front office of the Lakers is the great Yovann Boujat. We certainly appreciate it, Yovan.
Speaker 6: What's happening?
Speaker 7: I'm doing well?
Speaker 3: How are you great? How did you take the news of Freedman? Anxiety kind of being the guys that are tabbed early surprised, not surprised, temporary, Like, what do you take away from this not surprised?
Speaker 8: I think it makes a lot of sense, especially when you think about that Mark Walter is a busy guy and he needs help with running multiple franchises and tapping into TWG Sports, the entity that he created to oversee all his sports holdings.
Speaker 7: I think that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 8: And to your earlier point about the fairy dust from the Dodger side, like, I think that has to be the goal here, right, Like, the Dodgers are not only arguably the best and the most well run organization in baseball, but arguably in sports right now, right So I think if the Lakers, that should be the goal and the standard for the Lakers is not only being the best and most well run organization in basketball, but in sports period. So if they can apply some of the structure and logic and process from what they did with the Dodgers to the Lakers, I think that makes all the sense in the world.
Speaker 3: So in terms of just like you said, makes sense but temporary, do you think we'll see like the same sort of application they had with the Dodgers, where hey, we're going to get Friedman and on top of Freedmen, we're going to get Anthropolis, and then we're going to get Gomes and then we're going to bring anxiety. Is that sort of what you envision some of these number twos or threes from around the NBA are going to be plucked and we'll build this super office, super front office like they date in baseball.
Speaker 8: Yes, that is my understanding with the goal with the front office moving forward is they want to bring in the best and the brightest, and there's no salary cap with the front office, right, so you can poach and pluck people from different front offices around the league, bring in the best scouts and the best analytics people and the best player development people, and just in terms of how you structure the organization like this is where I think Mark Walter's fingerprints are going to be super important in terms of just turning this into a top notch, functioning, well oiled machine. So I think, you know, the Lakers have I've talked about this before, but in some departments they'll have two to three people, and some of the top organizations in the NBA have five to six people. So I think it's both about quantity and quality here in terms of bringing in the best and spending whatever you know that price requires, and then also bolstering those different groups within the front office.
Speaker 7: To have as many.
Speaker 8: People as the top organizations, if not potentially more so. I think this is the one area where there's no salary cap. You know, it is different, but comparing baseball to basketball in terms of how it works with the rosters and how much you can spend and whatnot.
Speaker 7: But this is an area that if you can.
Speaker 8: Build the best front office in the NBA we've seen, like looking at what OKC has been able to do over the last fifteen years or so, you can do that, you can be well set up for decades to come.
Speaker 7: So I think that that is the goal right now with how they're trying to build this out.
Speaker 4: I'm interested in talking about the proletariat, the working class, the guy's actually out on the floor. But before we move on from the bourgeois level here, how long is Jeanie Buss a part of this executive wing of the Lakers. It seems like, well, we know she's the last bus at this point. Is she on her way out the door? Is she going to stick?
Speaker 7: I think she's going to stick.
Speaker 8: I mean as of right now that they have an agreement for her to be on as the governor for the next five seasons at a minimum.
Speaker 7: So you know, we've seen with the.
Speaker 8: Dallas situation and Mark Cuban it was more of a handshake deal with Wick Grosspec and Boston. It was a multi year agreement, but then that obviously ended up being altered. So I mean, I don't want to rule out anything here. I think there is a scenario in which, you know, maybe at some point in the future that that changes or that timeline is maybe three years instead of five years. But as of right now, with what is currently agreed to, it is a five year minimum with her still as the face of the organization, that the governor for the organization.
Speaker 7: So you know, it.
Speaker 8: Sounds like that was a pretty big part of this deal. And then she already had a working relationship and you know, rapport with Mark Walter previous to the sale.
Speaker 7: Obviously he was in my minority owner.
Speaker 8: But I mean, it is interesting though, because in most scenarios, like the governor is the majority owner of the franchise, and I wonder longer term, how the NBA feels about these situations where there is a minority owner presenting sort of the face of the ownership group and just in terms of Board of Governor's meetings and all those things. So I would not be surprised if it changes at some point in the future.
Speaker 7: But it does not.
Speaker 8: Sound like change is imminent and we're going to hear of a grander change at some point in the coming days or weeks or even months.
Speaker 3: All right, man, Booha, does it on Buja's block, Subscribe to it on YouTube, on Spotify, wherever you get your podcasts, Apple podcasts as well. That's b u ha apostrophe, Yes, block, the block belongs to him. What about Rob Polinka, Buha? Because that extension was done I believe if I memory serves correct prior to the sale. I think if I remember right, yeah, it was okay. And like I look at Polinka and because I have and you know, planted my conspiracy theory about the Dancis trade well before other folks hopped onto that and the immediacy after it was consummated, he hasn't really done much. The deals have been, in my opinion, sort of orchestrated by Clutch for lack Anthony Davis. The first round picks haven't been great. I look at the second round picks and the Austin Reeves is like Nick Mazela deals. So how do you think they feel about Polenka.
Speaker 8: My understanding is he is in good standing right now, and to your point, he recently got an extension. He executed the Lukadantris trade, which you know, on its face, of course a lot of it has to be blame at the feet of Nico Harrison, but I think it was a master stroke from Polinka in terms of keeping Austin Reeves out of the deal, keeping an additional first round pick out of the deal, even keeping Dalton connect out of the deal, who value was much higher at that time and is obviously, you know, not panned out the way that the Lakers were hoping up to this point. But I mean, like, of course, you do the Lukadantis trade ten out of ten times, so I don't want to give him too much credit for that specifically, but the fact that he was able to negotiate and maneuver that deal the way he did, I do think he deserves a lot of credit because I don't think any GM just placed in that scenario would.
Speaker 2: Have done that.
Speaker 7: Because really, you could have.
Speaker 8: Made an argument and I would support this, like even if you threw in Austin Reeves and an additional first round pick, the Lakers still win that trade.
Speaker 7: You associated with where Austin was at at the time. Obviously now he's viewed in a different light, but I.
Speaker 8: Think he deserves a lot of credit for that. To your point, I think he's nailed a lot of the big things right, like the Ad trade, even though that was clutch driven to an extent, like he still executed that. I think, trading out of the Russell Westbrook situation, having the patients to let the asking price come down from two picks to one pick, and having that extra pick, which now you know, I think partly played into the Luca trade. Like he has been patient at the right times, and I think executed a lot of big vision things in.
Speaker 7: The proper way.
Speaker 8: But I do you think if you look at the minutia and like the Alex Caruso situation or some of these situations where they drafted well, but then they gave guys like Austin Reeves or Max Christie shorter term contracts that ended up having them enter free agency a bit earlier than the Lakers had to pay up earlier than ideal. Like there's been a lot of like the details that I don't think have been smooth sailing with this front office. So I think that's where Mark Walter coming in and adding in advisors.
Speaker 7: And new voices in the front office.
Speaker 8: I think at times it's been very insular, in a bit of an echo chamber over the last half decade, and I think the goal should be bring in people with no ties to the Lakers, bring in people who don't know Rob, who don't know Genie, who have no relation to Showtime or Kobe Shack or even Kobe Palell, and just bring in some new voices, some new perspectives, and people who had success in other organizations doing things in a.
Speaker 7: More modern way.
Speaker 8: So certainly I think there's a lot to nitpick and a lot of criticize.
Speaker 7: Over the last half decade.
Speaker 8: They did win a championship under his stewardship, they did make another conference finals, and they did execute the Luca trade.
Speaker 7: So again, there's been.
Speaker 8: Some big hits, but there's also been some big misses. And certainly with the details, that's where I've had the most issue with things.
Speaker 4: Booha, let's talk a little more Luca. By the way, if you guys got married Luca booja, now we're cooking with gas either way. Observation, I feel as.
Speaker 8: Though we're talking both from We're both in the Balkan region, so.
Speaker 4: Well, you have a lot in common. You've been up close and personal with with Luca, the new look Luca as it turns out, as we see, as we saw him re emerge from his big weight loss. You know, we've seen a lot of guys eat their way out of the league, and I feel like there's an assumption that Luca is new and improved and that's going to be durable. What's your sense of that? Is Luca somebody, do you watch his eating habits, his workout habits. How sustainable is it or is it something that all those higher ups that we're talking about here are going to have to keep an eye on along with Luca's handlers.
Speaker 8: I think it's sustainable because Luca's weight has fluctuated in the past, and he has.
Speaker 7: Gone through periods where he has been in much better shape, And there have been.
Speaker 8: Previous seasons where he has played his way into better shape or been stricter with the diet or the off court habits. And I think there's really no greater motivation than being publicly criticized and ridiculed and even shamed, right Like I mean, I think Dallas had to find some way to justify the Luca trade, and the immediate thing that they put out there was the weight and the conditioning and the habits and the shape and all that stuff, and it was like he basically got body shamed for uh the last six months going into the season and then comes out with the men's you know, health and shows the new body and stuff. But like, I think there's no greater motivator than having people like we've all been there with someone posts a photo of you and you don't like the lighting or it looks like you got a double chin or something, and it all of a sudden, you're like the next week or two, you know, you're going to the gym more, you're eating better. Now imagine that on like a national, global scale where people can't comprehend why you are traded and the only thing that people can blom onto is like your way fat or how you look or whatever, why you so fat?
Speaker 4: That didn't work on sh no did it?
Speaker 7: And look But the second, I think this is going to be a thing.
Speaker 8: In terms of the second, if he starts to put on weight, comes into next season in a little bit worse shape, people are going to be harping on that and talking about it again. So he's kind of on notice with this, I think moving forward with his career and you know, to my knowledge, he stuck with basically everything he's done going back to the off season, and we have seen him post these career best basically across the board. He's at career best numbers or you know, matching his career best numbers. So I do think it's sustainable. But you know, can he sustain this through his prime?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 8: I think longer term there will be a question of, like into his thirties, you know, will he sustain.
Speaker 7: This and how does the age?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 7: But for now, I definitely think it sounds sustainable.
Speaker 3: Well, check it out on all those platforms on YouTube, thirty two thousand plus subscribers on the YouTube for the block that is booh j ov A n b u h A. That's how you find it on the YouTube, NBA and Lakers Insider. Big news surrounding the franchise with the announcement earlier that Freedman anxiety going to be popping their heads in there and taking a looksie as to what is under the hood. Yovan, We know you're busy. We appreciate it. Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: Appreciate you guys are having me talk soon.
Speaker 3: There we go proletary and bourgeoisie. Huh, that's what we're going with here.
Speaker 4: I want to know who was the best fat NBA guy. Obviously baseball has had plenty.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you count Shack, it's obviously Shack.
Speaker 4: If we remove Shack, then too easy. Stanley Roberts, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Charles Berkley, Yeah yeah, the round mound of rebound. Well, only Kate's cares. I don't know if Kates cares about the Shack Kobe debate, but whatever it is that's on his mind is what we will deal with next.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: App, Petro some Money and five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Remember your Home with the back to Back World series Champion Los Angeles Dodgers, and we are available on the iHeartRadio app via the Petro Some Money Show podcast PMS on demand. You can always stream the show live. David damascheck in David. I was just gonna say David, but then I forgot Dave. David Vasse is not on tonight with Dodger talk.
Speaker 4: A lot, but Draglia I showed up for your third grade.
Speaker 3: It's not David Vasse tonight. Instead, we're going to Fox Sports Radio. I had Dave on the mind because of the Kimmel clip that was posted earlier today. Our girl Olson just cannot get enough, I mean ship between on air with Seth Myers and now backstage with Kimmel. She is just obsessed with Elizabeth Olsen talking about how she can't get enough of Vassa and Spectrum and how she has she imagines these different scenarios with Vassa and Ali interacts with the players and as she's just recounting his arm breaking and it is just it's too much and I just need a look. Does Dave need to meet Elizabeth Olson? No, we don't mean, we don't need that to happen, right, Yes, but let's keep this thing rolling. Whatever she's got called Booker on Fallon, Booker on Conan, whomever else, book her on Tucker Carlson, and let her just keep talking about whatever other shows are out there, and let her just keep talking about David Veasse and how much she loves watching him on Spectrum. The side and just a sidebar to that is how much it must get under a certain someone's skin who left Spectrum Sports Net to go do her thing in Boston and then had to come crawling back to baseball because her pet adoption thing wasn't working the way she had hoped. And oh, it's just got a chap la Bouja's ass something serious case.
Speaker 4: I was over the moon, by the way, as one of society's great impaths, for Fasset and for Tim and for everybody. I mean, Tim's burning the midnight oil so often talking about the Dodgers one hundred and sixty two times. I know then he gets fancy with Steve Sachs. It gets to be prime time.
Speaker 3: Was six am to nine am producing this show and then doing Dodgers on Deck and then doing Dodger Talk. If David Vessey has got other duties.
Speaker 4: Well, some people have a job, and it's a fun job to talk about sports. Should it's still a job. I like it when the people who get to do it are in fact died in the Wolf fans of that team. I know this guy is, and so I was happy to see. I know he was legitimately over the moon. And last time I was in here making fun of the Dodgers, I think he actually took it heart a little. He thought he thought I was rude and mean spirited, and he dug his heels and he defended the boys in Bluitz.
Speaker 5: I almost unfollowed you again on Twitter. I appreciate you, Karen. Let's se if you care about this.
Speaker 1: And now for a segment that I've already lost interest in before this open is finished.
Speaker 5: Well, high school football playoff time, guys, and we all love high school football. Here on the Betros and Money Show, Dave Damnscheck some plays at Cresby tonight we got for CIF playoffs football. Now we've got overtime. In Omaha Productions. You know a little bit about that company. They're partnering together to create what they describe now is the first national championship game for high school football. The Overtime Nationals High School Football Championship Game will take place December tenth in Baltimore at the under Armoor Stadium at seven o'clock Eastern, and they have pitted what they say are the two best teams in high school football.
Speaker 6: Corner Canyon High School.
Speaker 5: In Utah twelve and one and sat PI Justice Academy from Mayorlin have been picked to play in the National Championship Game. The winning schools athletic department gets a quarter of a million dollars for winning this high school National Championship. ESPN will broadcast the game. Fourteen hundred under armored seat Stadium tickets are ten bucks to get in.
Speaker 6: They're on sale now.
Speaker 5: Overtime founder Dan Porter says that this single game format will start things off this year and his goal is to have a multi team high school football championship tournament moving forward.
Speaker 3: And one of the teams just from Utah.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, there's no way. This is a great idea. It's it's late in arriving finally.
Speaker 2: But there's no way.
Speaker 9: No Texas, no California team, no Saint Thomas Aquinas, no Grayson High School in Georgia, no modern Day, No Bishop Gorman, nobody from Texas Centennial.
Speaker 3: How about what Centennial's doing this year?
Speaker 4: That one from Southwestern PA.
Speaker 6: Come on, I mean, what are we doing now?
Speaker 5: California's got the CIF championships, Northern California versus Southern California.
Speaker 6: That's in three weeks.
Speaker 5: Texas has got all their division championships, so they've got state championships. But now this company, over Time, along with Omaha Productions, is putting together what they call their national championship game. And as Aaron Sonheimer pointed out on Twitter, this is not a good call.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, You've got Saint Francis Academy who lost to Saint John Bosco this year.
Speaker 6: They're only lost with the Bosco.
Speaker 5: Bosco lost to Orange Lutheran last week and also lost a Modern Day during the regular season. So how is a team in Saint Francis Academy playing in a national championship game when their loss came to a team from Southern California.
Speaker 6: Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Well, in the nightmare is for the framers of this tournament or you know, one off tournament for now is if it's a blowout in either direction, then they chose poorly. Clearly, what you need is a great game here to perpetuate a future for that.
Speaker 3: I think you know Saint Francis, we know because we see them pretty regularly. They'll play one of the teams in the Trinity League year in and year out because they can't find the competition where they are.
Speaker 2: Oh, what do you know?
Speaker 3: And the Trinity The Trinity League is basically the SEC I mean, for all intents and purposes in high school football. That's why in O Louta, that's why a team like Santa Margarita can go up to Sierra Canyon and blow the freaking brakes off of them despite the fact that they've got every NFL or's kid out there playing because they have no competition like the Trinity League. That's like, yeah, every single week when you're playing Olu and Santa Margarita and Survey and Modern Day and Bosco, it's like playing Florida Auburn, Mississippi. You know, That's what it is. So to not include the number one team from the Trinity League, but to take us apart from.
Speaker 5: Utah Corner Canyon is where Zach Wilson went and Ray Wilson kids go and They've got a pretty good, you know, flow of kids going to D one in the NFL in the last ten years.
Speaker 3: What's the name of it, Corner Canyon. Okay, I'm on max Preps right now. They're not in the top twenty five. Like you look at the top ten and you're like, yeah, Saint Francis Grayson, I amg Centennial, Modern Day, Bishop Gorman, Santa Margaritta. It's all the teams that anyone that follows high school football is South Lake Carol like the Texas powerhouses, Carrollton, You're used to seeing Damatha, Saint Thomas Aquinas. You talked about that there.
Speaker 5: What are they doing? They were twelve and one in Utah. They're gongratulation. That was eight and one from Maryland.
Speaker 4: They lost the game. By definition, they can't be one of the two best teams in the country if they lost to somebody else.
Speaker 6: I like this. Apparently I'm not the only one who cares about this. I like this.
Speaker 3: I like this, good little story. They're all right for all you young kids. Ihit Another one who like YouTube and want to watch something old and cool, got something for you. It popped up on my x feed yesterday along with Dave Damascheck's tweets that come out about one thousand miles per hour. At you see a little busy with the thumbsast.
Speaker 4: Days, Dave, I don't know what that attracks you.
Speaker 5: About sixty six years ago yesterday here November twentieth, nineteen fifty nine, shek was fifteen, still tweeting Season one, episode eight of The Twilight Zone. Okay, and this episode made its debut Time Enough at Last, starring Burgess Meredith, one of the greatest episodes of The Twilight Zone.
Speaker 3: Time Which episode is is the pig Face? Episode is at the clock is like the time is stopped and the dude gets bored? Which one is it? Burgess Meredith's character works at a bank. He's kind of a dorky guy with thick glasses who likes to read but never has time to read. His boss nagsim at work, his wife nags him at home. While reading alone in the bank's vault, one day during lunch, he survives a nuclear blast and when he comes out of the rubble, he realizes he's all alone. Everybody's dead.
Speaker 5: He's got all the food he wants, but he's all alone, so he grabs a gun he's about to end it all before he sees books across the street at a library, and he loves books, and he starts to celebrate. And here's where we pick up. Okay, the great episode from the Twilight Zone.
Speaker 10: Books.
Speaker 2: All the books I'll need, all the books, all the books I'll.
Speaker 10: Ever want, Shelley Shakespeare, shawl all the books, I want, all the books. January February March.
Speaker 6: She loves to read.
Speaker 10: April May this year, the next year, and the year after, and the year after that and the year after that.
Speaker 6: You can read.
Speaker 7: It's worth this.
Speaker 10: I just keep hearing the pan And the best thing, the very best thing of all, is there's time now. There's all the time I need. There's all the time I want time, time, time, Ah, this time enough At.
Speaker 6: Last, I noticed one of the books.
Speaker 7: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: No, the glasses broke.
Speaker 5: Yes, the old glasses, the only pair of glasses that he has to read.
Speaker 6: All these books are gone.
Speaker 3: He's got a cataract.
Speaker 2: I mean he's a thick glasses. Check check it's thick.
Speaker 4: Seeing the Twilight John.
Speaker 2: That's not fair at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not fair at all.
Speaker 2: It was no, it was was all the time I needed.
Speaker 5: Oh about that. One of the greatest episodes of the Twilight Zone. I've only seen like two of them. I was gonna say, it's yeah, it's a great one.
Speaker 3: I remember that one. I knew the Glass I remember that the Glasses are going to burn.
Speaker 6: Its vote is one of the top three of all time.
Speaker 3: The pig Face is number one, right, I think that's the number one where you put on the mask and they're the ugly people and they turn ugly, and that that you know they're making fun of the ugly people and then they become the pig Face.
Speaker 4: They rebooted it in the eighties and there was still some good ones there. The movie was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a little bit underrated. And like you said, of course, then Burgess Meredith goes on to play the penguin in the Batman series, The Great the Great Adam Adam West and all of that, and then ironically so he has to cataract that character, and then he plays Mickey gold Mill who trains Balboa, who gets a cataract or whatever because because Creed detaches is retin or whatever he does and he shouldn't get back in the ring. But Balboa's like, I gotta get back in the ring.
Speaker 6: I got it.
Speaker 4: I'm worthless. Adrian's gonna leave me, don't you know?
Speaker 2: Mick train me?
Speaker 4: He agrees against his will, and then he discovers does Mickey he sees at the start of three a young prize fighter Nate club or Lang, bare bones and no frills attack me though yeah, oh yeah, nasty yeah, nasty man might even defy the rules.
Speaker 3: Certainly, you know, to injure, tries to, you know, verbally defile another man's wife right in front of him. Can really humble a human.
Speaker 7: In a hurry.
Speaker 4: One of the great scenes there certainly is a young Dave damashek sat slack jaw watching that right at the foot of the Balboa statue. Now, lest did this all go down? It was terrible.
Speaker 3: One more hour to go. We'll get you your fun factor, your quick hits if you missed it. Don McClain joined us the changes in the Laker front office. The Clippers their four and ten record and an unprotected lottery pick that is still owed to Oklahoma City. Yes, they could end up with the number one overall pick, and Boozer's kid could be headed to Oklahoma City thanks to the Clippers. Way to Go got the Philadelphia Eagles of the NBA.
Speaker 4: Basically they have the best defense, also the cheapest defense, yes, by dollar.
Speaker 3: Congratulates you doing it.