Speaker 1: This is America's Trucking Network with Kevin Gordon.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard, Thanks for tuning in on this Friday morning. I'll tell you what for a week that is kind of the news has come in kind of normally. It's not like there's been a big spike or anything. But i'll tell you what. Thursday afternoon and doing show prep, there has just been an avalanche of information. I'm going to try to get to as much of it as I can.
Speaker 3: First of all, I want to start off with a little bit of a weather alert.
Speaker 2: We got Hurricane Melissa reorganizing and expected to begin intensifying soon. Heavy rains and life threatening flooding expected for portions of Hispaniola and Jamaica through the weekend. Again, as I mentioned yesterday, it appears as though that this is hanging down in the lower part of the Caribbean Sea thereabout, and so if you've got travel plans going down there, those are in jeopardy pretty much.
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Addition to Jamaica, Melissa will produce heavy rainfall across portions of southern Dominican Republic southern Haiti. Now right now they're not quite sure where this is heading, but the trajectory of this. Originally it looked like it was going to head north up to Cuba, but it looks like it has taken or is taking a left turn and heading towards that Yucatan Peninsula. I believe it is. They're off in Mexico, so we'll keep an eye on that. It's not supposed to be it's going to be. It's a slow moving storm, and it's a slow moving hurricane, which means that possibly through the weekend and going to be heavy rain down there, but then eventually move off and move slowly over towards Mexico later on or first part of next week. So this is a very slow moving storm, but we're keeping an eye on it because again, down in the Gulf, we have the Gulf of America, we have a lot of oil platforms, we have a lot of drilling rigs down there, and also on the coast of the coast of Texas, there's a lot of oil refineries that could possibly be affected by any type of storm, surge or winds, et cetera off of this storm. So kind of keep an eye on that. Oil has been going crazy. We'll get to that oil actually went up five percent and we'll get to that information a little bit later. I mentioned at the beginning of the week that I wanted to get into this whole discussion about illegal immigrant immigration having to do with the trucking industry. We had that, you know, the English language proficiency requirement reinforced. Now, I mean back had always been part of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration guidebook in terms of being able to speak the English language, be proficient, and to understand road signs. And of course that came into the forefront back in back in August with that tragic accident down there in Florida, and again last night yesterday afternoon, we had another tragic accident with a foreign driver and so on. But again we were going to talk about the English language proficiency as well as non domiciled CDLs, and I kind of put that off because I've been in contact with the folks from o Iida, and I wanted to get their expertise on that any questions that I had, I wanted to make sure that I'm filling in the gaps with their perception because quite honestly, they have been on this for a number of years. This has been a hot topic down mid America Trucking Show last year as well as this past you know, in the past spring, the spring of this year, and this whole idea that issued these licenses will be issued to people that don't have English language preferences. And this was suspended during the Obama administration back in twenty sixteen, should have been re implemented in during the Trump administration, the first Trump administration. However, with everything going on in terms of the Russia, Russia, Russia and so on, there were so many other things that this kind of I guess slipped under the carpet. But in the spring, the Trump administration said and been talking to o AIDA and the different transportation organizations. They put through this mandate executive order. I think it was well, it was in late April from the President that they were going to now start enforcing the English language preferences. Sean Duffy at the time A couple weeks later did a mandate himself and issued some guidelines as to what had to be done and set as a date June twenty fifth for all states to be in compliance with that and to review their various licensing to make sure that all of those licenses were in accordance with the regulations and were up to the guidelines and the standards that should have been enforced back as far as twenty sixteen before the Obama administration decided to throw those out the window and flooded the area with more illegal immigrants as well as in the trucking industry itself. So this mandate was put out and the deadline was the twenty fifth. Now you may recall this hard Genders sing who in August caused this accident doing an illegal U turn down in Florida, causing an accident killing three family members. He had been stopped in July, the July twenty third, actually in New Mexico and had the guidelines that were deadline as of June the twenty June twenty fifth. If New Mexico had been complying with that, he would have been placed out of service because the body can information from that traffic stop showed that he couldn't recognize any signs, he couldn't speak English. And how a state like California and Washington, as we found out that that's where he got his seat. He got a CDO license in Washington as well as in California. How he was able to pass any of those exams and be out on the road is a mystery. It's criminal in my opinion, that a state agency would do that. So in the process of this, they went through all of these regulations. They also started identifying the different states that were not in compliance, sent letters to them that they had a date certain to comply, and they wanted to have them updated in terms of when things were going to be in compliance before they started leving any fines. Now, California and hopefully we can get to that a little bit later, has been defiant on this and said we've got no problems here is we are fully in compliance with federal regulations. Well they aren't, and the federal government, Sean Duffy, has withheld forty million, at least forty million dollars initially in terms of federal funds going into the state of California. And as I mentioned yesterday in California, Ontario, California, an illegal alien.
Speaker 3: Twenty one years old, and let's go through this.
Speaker 2: Twenty one year old illegal immigrant from India who crossed the border in twenty twenty two and was released by the Biden administration is now accused of causing a fiery semi truck crash that killed three people in southern California, multiple federal law enforcement sources tell Fox News. According to the federal sources, the suspect, identified as Jash and Preach Singh, was first encountered by borne patrol agents in California El Centro sector in March of twenty twenty two and released into the interior of the country pending an immigration hearing. Saying has now been a restaurant suspicion of gross vehicular or manslaughter while intoxicated after plowing his rig into slow moving traffic on the Iten Freeway in San Bernardino, California. This video, I don't know if you've seen it, but has been caught on dash camp. This guy, I don't know there was you see traffic stopped in front of him, and he doesn't even.
Speaker 3: Hit the brakes.
Speaker 2: He hits this rear, ends this car, shoves it into a pickup truck that had a bunch of lumber on it, slammed and slammed those two vehicles underneath a tractor trailer that was in front of them, and then he veers off and hits another tractor trailer that was off the side of the road being serviced and the service vehicle there. The pictures of this and you've got to go on. I'm going to post this on Facebook so that you can you can see that this is one of the most horrific accidents I've ever seen, the fact that these and you can see as he's crashing through these vehicles. Off to the right hand side, you see a car actually exploding into flames. I assume that that's the vehicle, one of the vehicles where some of the people died, because I don't know how they would have been able to get out of that with as much as much as big a fireball as that was. We'll pick this up coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's truck A Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the racing repard on America's druck In Network on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Looking ahead to the racing weekend, NASCAR holds action on the paper Clip the short Track at Martinsville, Virginia. The NASCAR Cup Series runs the Exfinity five hundred set for Sunday with green flag at two PM. It's the Infinity Series Richie's Brothers two fifty set for Saturday, night at seven thirty pm. The NASCAR Crash Truck Series holds a slim GYM two hundred at six pm on Friday. Formula One runs the Mexico City Grand Prix Sunday with green flag at four pm.
Speaker 3: I need.
Speaker 1: This is the briefing repard on America's Trucking Network on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Say Dennison, a.
Speaker 5: T N Progressive commercial presents Herosday, Kevin Lord in America's Trucking Network seven hundred WLW, thanks for being there.
Speaker 2: The more and more I dig into this, and of course when we have the folks from Oeidah, we've been in contact with them, and I think the first part of next week we're going to have Louis Pugh, who's executive vice president on talking about this. As I said, they have been on this for a number I mean probably since twenty sixteen. FMCSA regulations specifically state that people obtaining a CDO license must be proficient in the English language, which means that not only can they speak it, but they also should be able to read these signs. And as we saw in that horrific crash in Florida back in August, that individual hard gender Sing, and they don't see in these stories whether or not the two people are related.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I know. Sing is a very popular name, kind of like Smith or Jones in India, So I don't know if they're related. They may be distant relatives or whatever, but that's not been mentioned in any of these stories. But her gender Sing When that crash happened, the reporting on that was when he made this illegal U turn and this mini van crashed into his vehicle, the look on his face was like, ho hum, just another day, and all the reports, all the mugshots and everything, he had this blank expression on his face, like like he had just, you know, maybe clipped a stop sign or something. And it's just I don't know what kind of mentality or whatever that you could do that and not be upset that you had just killed three people. And then when we see this accident from yesterday, the same thing, a twenty one year old person who probably they don't indicate that he had English language proficiency, whether or not they don't even mention in these articles whether even had a CDO license or not. And as I mentioned in the previous segment, this traffic or this dashboard cam watching this accident unfold is just absolutely horrific. I mean, it's almost like something out of some crazy movie or something. And the fact that they do this mugshot of this and he has no expression on his face whatsoever, And the fact that they don't even mention whether or not he was held a CDO license just unbelievable. And again, having come into the country in twenty twenty two, three years ago, three years ago and caught and released pending immigration hearing, and in the meantime in California, he's able to get a CDO license and get out on the highway. That is just unbelievable. Crash comes after Trump administration announced that it would withhold over forty million dollars in federal highway safety funds from California because of the state's failure to meet federal English language proficiency requirements for truck drivers. In August, the US government temporarily suspended the issuance of worker visas for commercial truck drivers. The state department spokesperson said the PAW was implemented to allow for the comprehensive review of the screening and vetting procedures used to assess applicants. Applications for US visa. Now this again, I can't emphasize enough this dashboard, can This guy didn't even apply the brakes. There was no slow down whatsoever. He's already speeding. He's coming up on traffic that is at a dead stop and just continues to go. This guy had to be so drunk that it wasn't even I don't know what his blood alcohol level was, but I can't imagine somebody not being able to control a vehicle with that and not even break for crying out loud. Now, no surprise here, but CBS News, okay, they cover this story. Semi truck driver who was arrested for driving under the influence following a deadly crash and freeway on Ontario on Tuesday, was in the United States illegally, according to the officials from a Department of Homeland Security. They told CBS News that twenty one year old Jishan josh An pre Singh is an Indian national who entered the country by crossing Mexico border. They go through all his details, he was arrested.
Speaker 3: And so on.
Speaker 2: CBS Sacramento reporters spoke with Singh's best friend, Jirgad Malhar on Wednesday evening. He told them that Singh came to the US in search of a better life. He's an amazing guy. He would talk normally, happily, always with love and care. Malhar said, coming from India, it's going to be hard to make dollars here, so he wanted to keep on going. It's unclear as Singh currently has legal representation. Of course, they're worried about whether he's got legal representation or not. They're not even focusing on the three people who died as a result of him being intoxicated, and they don't even bother getting into the fact as to whether or not he even has a CDO license or not. This, to me is a situation where are spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media just cannot help help themselves by trying to put some sort of a halo around some of these illegal immigrants, saying that.
Speaker 3: They're here merely for a better life.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, if you're going to have a better life, do things properly, get the proper credentials, learn the English language, find out what you need to do, and go on from there. I mentioned this a couple of times. When you dig into the immigration laws in other countries, and how difficult it is to get into those countries and to actually work in those countries without having the proper credentials.
Speaker 3: It is almost impossible.
Speaker 2: I mentioned the fact that family member of ours went to a different country with her husband, the hoops they had to jump through in order to prove that not only were they married, the fact that almost a DNA sample I guess of the two kids that they have together, their two children, proving that they were in fact his and before she was able to come into the country, he was a legal citizen, so he had dual citizenship in that country and in the United States, she had to prove to the country that she had a job. The employer had to tell them that, yes, she has a job. It's not a temporary job. Yes, we plan on keeping her. It's not just something that in six months she's going to be gone. She's been proven, she has a proven track record at our US facility, and we're going to have her in this position in this country and she's going to be a continued.
Speaker 3: Employee.
Speaker 2: And that's because this country, that particular country that they moved to, has a very good or what they overly good I guess I should say social benefits that if somebody is unemployed, there's no push to get them back out in the workforce.
Speaker 3: The disability of hurdles are very low.
Speaker 2: That when somebody is unemployed, there is no time limit in terms of you got to get you only have six weeks or six months or whatever unemployment. They hand the social benefits of these people like it's candy, and since they are so generous with that, they don't want to waste their resources on somebody from a foreign country. So again she had to prove that yes, in fact, she had a job, she was going to continue to be employed and be in that country legally, and then to put insult to injury. After doing all this, jumping through all these hoops, having to travel from her home in where they were living in northern Kentucky, having to make several trips up to the consulate in Chicago, finally got everything approved over a six month period of time so that they could actually move. And on top of that, four years later she gets a letter that says, hey, you have not proven yet that you are proficient in this language, and if you don't prove that in the next six months, you're out of there, even though she's a legal resident, even though she's been there for four years.
Speaker 3: And they told her.
Speaker 2: Originally that that that she had to become proficient within about a five year period of time, but they said no, it was actually four year period of time, and we'll give you a six month leeway on this an extension. And she had to do a crash course in order to learn the language.
Speaker 3: In order to stay even though she was a productive member of their society.
Speaker 2: Those are the immigration rules in that country, and they are very similar in other countries, and the lack of immigration controls in this country is absolutely horrendous. I'm Kevin Gordon, america'struck a Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 7: Without warning, without authorization, The East wing of the White House is now simply gone. With your twelve thirty report, I'm Travis Laird breaking now, new satellite images confirmed the complete demolition of the White House East wing as crews prepare to build a three hundred million dollar ballroom. The administration previously said the renovation would not affect the existing structure, but heavy equipment moved in earlier this week, and by Tuesday, most of the wing had been torn down. Federal planners say they have not yet reviewed the final construction plans because they have not been submitted. The White House says that will happen soon. Here's ABC's Mary Bruce the stark images.
Speaker 8: Where the East Wing of the White House once stood now just a pile of rubble, demolished to make way for President Trump's ballroom, which Trump once said would cost two hundred and fifty million dollars and now says we'll run some three hundred million dollars.
Speaker 7: The White House says the project is privately funded. No word on when it is expected to be completed.
Speaker 9: As we head to daybreak for Friday, it's a clear and cold start. Freeze warning is out seven am temperature of thirty four, but most other communities at thirty two or less. The rest of our Friday is sunshine and chile a high of fifty seven. At night we're clouding up and a low of forty. That's the forecast. I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologists Steve Rowley right now thirty eight degrees in Cincinnati. That freeze warning remaining in effect from one am to nine am.
Speaker 3: On Friday.
Speaker 7: On Sunday afternoon, the Bengals will be facing the Jets. That should be pretty good. Kickoff is at one o'clock. The weather should be about sixty cloudy, pretty nice, better than now. Your game day forecast brought to you by American Home Tech storm ready roofs built to last, American home Tech dot Com. Early voting is under way across Ohio. Property taxes are front and center on ballots and agendas from Columbus to Cincinnati. Citizens for Property Reform says it's gathered well over one hundred signatures one hundred thousand signatures excuse me for a constitutional amendment to abolish property taxes entirely. Lawmakers are responding with bipartisan relief bills that cap how much school districts can collect from rising home values, savings Republicans say will total two point four billion dollars over three year. Hamilton County commissioners are considering a local homestead exemption that would cut tax bills for older adults, disabled residents, and veterans, but it could cost local governments up to thirty four million dollars in lost revenue. Butler County Issue one would renew funding for the Elderly Services Program and add a small property tax increase about fifty dollars a year per one hundred thousand dollars of value to help keep coming to keep help coming for more than four thousand seniors and in New Richmond, the school district has been placed in state fiscal caution after projecting multi year budget deficits officials blaming the loss of two major power plants that once supplied a third of their revenue. The district's income tax levy on the ballot is considered its main path to recovery. Failure could mean more than two million dollars in cuts, affecting staff and residents. Your next update is at one o'clock Breaking news any time. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Here's your trucking forecast. So the Try State and the rest of the country and the Try State overnight of freeze warning will be in effect as temveratures drop into the lower thirties with clear skies, frosts early for your Friday than sunny skies as temperatures rebound. The high year sixty partly Sunday Saturday a high of fifty nine partly Sunday skies continue Sunday eyes again into the upper fifties. Nationally, a slight risk of excessive rainfalls seen over parts of the Southern Plains Friday and then into the Mississippi Valley and western Gulf Coast Saturday, Friday and Saturday, bringing a slight risk of severe storms to portions of the Southern Plains. Meanwhile, light snow seen over parts of the Cascades, Sawtooth Mountains and Central Rockies now into Saturday.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW. I'm Kevin Gordon. This is America's struck A Network. If you missed any part of our show or at any of our other shows, make sure you hit up that iHeartRadio app of course, that's brought to you by Rush Truck Centers.
Speaker 3: And we certainly appreciate that tip.
Speaker 2: Of the hat because again I've talked about this non domicile English English language proficiency requirement from FMCSA as far as being able to obtain, to obtain and continue a CDL license. We have seen stories over the last couple of the last several months of where there are these illegal licensing companies, people that are issuing these licenses, People at the DMV or at the state level, have been bribed and paid off in order to allow these CDLs to be issued. They have to you know, normally, and the even the business guys that are the truckers out there, you know this. But as far as the general driving public that listen to this program, and that's a large chunk of our audience, you not only have to go to a course and prove that you can do a written exam, then you have to do the safety feature of that, and you actually have to pass a road test. And in instances these things have been forged. There have been counterfeit drivers' licenses that have been issued, and there are illegal or less than well nefarious I guess you said, say very nefarious. Actually driving schools that miraculously one hundred percent of the people that pay the fee graduate and then those numbers are falsified apparently, and then they have a connection with the DMV and they get these licenses issued. Now, how does somebody how do you put somebody behind the wheel of an eighty thousand pound vehicle eighty thousand pounds that requires significant skills in order to learning how to not only drive that, I mean, it's one thing to drive it in a straight line. But it's also you have to know how far it takes you to stop. I mean, if you've ever driven a truck that's hauling something, a pickup truck or a trailer, you know that the stopping distance on that is a lot lot longer than if you're driving in a normal sedan or an suv. You can hit the brakes pretty quick and come to a stop. But the time it takes for a even a pickup truck hauling something that has a load on it to be able to stop then, I mean not only the distance is required in order to stop, but the turning radius.
Speaker 3: It's not like you pull into a you pull up.
Speaker 2: To an intersection with like a car and turn. There is a skill set in order to turn an eighteen wheeler into a lane if you're making a right turn, left turn, et cetera. Not to mention how difficult it is to back up one of those big rigs in order to get it into a parking space or to the delivery portion that doc at wherever you're doing the delivery, and the necessary skills for that. The road tests the schools for these CDO licenses are a six week test and they get out on the road and get real real world experience on this, and when they're done with that, they know the rules of the road. They can take the test, the written test, then they can do the safety exam, and then they can go out and prove their.
Speaker 3: Road skills in order to get a CDO license.
Speaker 2: Now, how would anybody in their right mind allow somebody? I mean that's almost like it would almost be like handing a toddler a loaded gun and say, go out in the yard and play with it. Eighty thousand pound vehicle traveling down the highway at sixty seventy miles an hour in certain instances, this is like a missile going down the road. How somebody can sleep at night knowing that they have issued driver's licenses to people CDL licenses to people that can't handle a rig and putting the driving public in jeopardy. And then to have states like California that say, ah, you know, English language preferences, No big deal, we don't have to we don't even have to comply with that. You know, we've been issuing these and we're in compliance with the fil may maybe in compliance with what the federal government wasn't enforcing because back in twenty sixteen when they stopped enforcing that law, maybe they're in compliance with that, but in terms of the regulations that are stipulated by the FMCSA, they are not in compliance with that. And a tip of the hat to Overdrive magazine because they came out with an article back in July and it was updated in August the twenty fourth. After that our genders sing caused that accident down in Florida and killed those three people doing that illegal U turn. They did an in depth study in terms of reporting the levels of first ever real data reveals at least sixty thousand active non domiciled CDLs. After months of fact finding and correspondence with fifty state governments, Overdrive has for the first time a history in history revealed the true story of the rise of non domiciled commercial driver's licenses CDLs issuance in the United States a new twenty page and they'd go through the downloadable copy of this evidence shows that more than sixty thousand non domiciled CDLs issued, many clustered in seven states. Thirty two states offered data on non domiciled CDL issuances and trends seven states definitely don't issue non domiciled CDLs, Eleven states do issue non domicilt CDLs, but don't track the volume of licenses issued. Looking back over ten years, the trend shows an increasing number of don domiciled CDLs, likewise their share of total CDLs issued. Now, what else they found in this and with the review that was done then issued by the Transportation Department under Sean Duffy, with this mandate that was supposed to be complied with by June twenty fifth, they wanted to know whether or not what where these how many were issued, if they were issued properly, and whether or not they have in place the different checks and balances to make.
Speaker 3: Sure that these are legally issued.
Speaker 2: What they were finding is that and we had this story a couple of weeks ago too, and I want to get to the bottom of that with Ida Oeida as to where these you know, had that story about own name licenses being issued, and the explanation on that was that so called certain cultures only have mononym in terms of names, so people are only known by one name, which is kind of crazy because just about every time you see somebody being arrested from whatever country and when you're talking about foreign dignitaries, none of them have just one name. So where this comes from, I have no clue. And what people were making a note of is that on the license in the spot where you know, they have the last name listed, but as far as the first name, it says no name given. Now it is possible that if somebody only has one name, that yes, possibly they could get a driver's license if they proved everything. But what they were finding under these investigations, and there's some of these issued that people were issued see which are in the country not only their non domicile they're not even legal citizens, or not even have a work permit. In some cases their work permit had expired months and years before their license was issued. Some were issued in between when they were illegal or had legal status, and then the CDL license was issued not to expire when their work permit ended, but like four years later so they could get the license issued their work permit ends, and then for three and a half years be driving.
Speaker 3: With a CDL. Just absolutely in absolute insanity.
Speaker 2: With the number of people looking for work out there in the trucking industry, this has created some problems because I have been hearing forever from you know, we keep hearing all these things about a driver shortage when inc there is really no driver shortage. There is a lot of people that are unqualified that are getting these jobs, that are taking jobs away from qualified drivers, and that is what is creating a lot of the problems in the trucking industry. At this point, we'll pick this up a little bit more. Coming up, I'm Kevin Gordon, America's truck in Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: With Dave Lapham's enshrinement into the Bengals Ring of Honor, we pay tribute to the life of lap.
Speaker 3: Presented by Skyline.
Speaker 6: Feeling Good against Skyline Time. Now Here's Dan and d lapp Hear, the starting left guard in the Bengals first Super Bowl appearance, describe running out of the tunnel to face the forty nine.
Speaker 3: Ers that day in Detroit.
Speaker 5: Man, I don't think my feet's at the ground one time. Really, it was such a surreal experience. I mean, putt me on cloud nine. I was definitely on cloud nine, maybe ninety nine. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Thing I remember.
Speaker 5: Most about that year, not that family wasn't a big part of football. In playing football, they obviously really were excited about watching me play at whatever level it was high school, college, or NFL, but to play in the Super Bowl. And I remember my grandfather saying, I cannot believe and I'm watching a grandson of mine play in the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl in the National Football League? What is going on?
Speaker 6: For more on the life of lap, keep it here on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best spangles coverage.
Speaker 11: Urrent personalized savings on commercial truck insurance with Smart Hall from Progressive in Sure a variety of commercial vehicles from QULWS.
Speaker 2: Following up with this again, you know we're talking about non domicile drivers as well as English language proficiency, whether or not they're in compliance with that. And again want to reiterate the fact that back in April, Trump did an executive orders saying that this needed to be tightened up, that they were no longer going to be issuing CDLs or permits of being able to drive vehicles back in eighteen wheelers. Back in April, there was an executive order on May the twenties, Sean Duffy announced guidelines that were going to be inforced and the deadline for states to comply with that was June twenty fifth July twenty third, that har Gender Singh, who caused that accident down in Florida that killed three people, was pulled over in New Mexico on July the twenty third, which was after that June twenty fifth deadline, and he was talked to. The body cam indicates that he couldn't pass the English language proficiency, that he couldn't identify road signs, and he should have been pulled off the road at that point, but was only issued a ticket and sent on his way. Then less than a month later, a little bit a little over less than a month later, on August the twelfth, caused that horrific accident down in Florida that actually killed three people. And when they pulled aside and ask him, couldn't speak English, could only identify two out of twelve road signs. Now, how any hell do you drive an eighteen wheeler where you're supposed to go from point A to point B and whatever and not be able to read road signs, what exit to take, when to take it, how to take it?
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 2: And especially you're talking again, I can't emphasize enough an eighty thousand pound vehicle and whether or not some of these people actually got the driving skills, whether they actually passed the test, or if they were issued a fraudulent CDO license. What companies are hiring these people, who in their right mind would allow these people out on the highway. Back in October it was the resist, well, actually back in October.
Speaker 3: Here in October.
Speaker 2: On October the sixteenth, they gave a result of states targeted by DOT respond to non domiciled CDL. US Department of Transportation order all states to stop issuing non domicile commercial driver's license after an audit found rule violations in six states. California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, and Washington have suspended related licensing and are reviewing procedures to comply with new federal standards, even though California has taken basically a step back of that and is slow walking that six states singled out of the Department of Transportation for failing to follow federal rules. Now, South Dakota was one of the first ones to acknowledge that it identified issues, and the story here goes through Pennsylvania and what Pennsylvania has done, Colorado, Washington, Texas, I'll post a lot of this on my Facebook page over the weekend, because this is just I can't believe that this has gone on as long as it's gone on, and these states that when they when you hear about something that is tragic accident or something that could have been prevented, you would think that the common sense would say, do we have any event in this state? The people in charge the transportation departments of each state, we are we in compliance with this? Have we let stuff slip through the cracks? Because we certainly want to protect the driving public out there and make sure that only qualified drivers are out there. But how April the mandate comes down, the federal executive order came down from Trump. You're talking about April, You're talking about May, June, July, August, September, and now mostly through October. That some of these states still haven't complied. It is just absolutely mind boggling to me. That and then California says, I love this headline. We won't be able to get to it here, but I'll probably post it on Facebook or maybe pick it up and talk about it. On Tuesday, California says English language tests a roadside for truck rivers not needed even after they were fined, or forty million dollars in Transportation Department funds were withheld from them. I mean, how nuts are those people out there? And to blame the federal government. That is a heavy hand of the federal government when you got people dying on your highway and just yesterday three more people died as a result of a drunk twenty one year old foreign national illegal alien driving an eighteen wheeler in drunk on top of it, unbelievable. Let's take a look at a while on gas prices real quick here, because boy, I'll tell you what talking about news popping in this direction. West Texas Intermediate crewed currently is at sixty one dollars and seventy eight cents. It is up three dollars and twenty eight cents just since yesterday, or five point sixty one percent. Brent crude currently is sixty five dollars and ninety three cents, up three dollars and thirty four cents, up five point three four percent just in one day. Oil surges five percent after US sanctions. Russian firmeds Rosneft and Luke oil oil prices surged round five percent on a two week high on Thursday after US imposed sanctions on major Russian suppliers Rosneft and Luke Oil over Russian Ukraine over Russia's war in Ukraine. Sanctions could reduce global oil supplies since Russian Russia was the world's second biggest crude producer in twenty twenty four, after the US, according to US Energy data, that put both crew benchmarks on track for their biggest day percentage gains since mid June and their highest closes since October the eighth. According to David Oxley, chief Climate and Commodities Economists to Capitol Economics, the announcement of sanctions by US on Rosneft and Luke Oil is a major escalation in the targeting of Russia's energy sector and could be a big enough shock to flip the global oil market into a deficit next year. Now, there's been a lot of talk about there being this oversupply of oil that the EIA has been saying that we're going to have an oil glut next year. Phil Flynn, our friend Phil Flynn with Price Futures Group and his Energy Report over the last several weeks, has been talking about I don't see an oil glut. What I'm seeing is that we're going to have a shortage and a short supply where we may see these oil prices go down for now, but once it's found out that we don't have the oil supply that we need, this is going to go up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: These sanctions on Russia is needed because Russia continues this war in Ukraine, and as Donald Trump has pointed out, he gets on the phone with Vladimir Putin. Vladimir Putin says, ye, I'm going to comply. I'm going to do this. We'll work towards this. They actually talk about the possibility of having a meeting. They get off the phone, and he escalates the war, starts attacking more cities and more people in Ukraine. Then Trump it gets back on the phone with him and they go back and forth, and Trump has gotten to the point where he said he is not only frustrated, but poed at Vladimir Putin and said, through these sanctions, we are going to cripple their economy because as you saw back in twenty twenty, when we were energy independent for the first time since nineteen forty nine, the Russian economy was suffering because we were producing We were driving the bus on energy prices. They could not sell their oil as at a decent price and make money at it because, as we've talked about before, nobody drills for oil cheaper, cleaner, or safer than the United States. Their economy was hurting. Iran's economy was hurting because they weren't selling There were sanctions, and they weren't selling enough oil. During the Biden administration, all bets were off. Russia started making more money with their oil because we were suspending and holding back on our oil production. Their profits went up. Russia had more money. They built up their army even more and said, you know what, instead of making our lives fine for our people and improving their lives, let's go invade a country.
Speaker 3: And so that's what they've done.
Speaker 2: And in order to stop that and pull that back, Trump has put these additional sanctions on and the European Union is doing the same. Well, folks, we're up against clock here. Time for us to scoot out the door. Have a great weekend. Stay tuned for red Eye Radio at the top the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's Struck a network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: News, traffic and weather, News Radio seven hundred WLW Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: On the twenty fourth day of the shutdown. My government gave to me a ballroom, but not my paycheck, but the top of the hour reports I'm Ley Mawen breaking now.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump is telling the American people, no medicaid for you, the.
Speaker 11: Ballroom for me, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. As the second longest government shutdown continues and many federal workers will not be getting paid today.
Speaker 12: The Pentagon diverted money in its budget to prevent military families from missing their paychecks earlier this month, but as their next payday approaches, it's unclear if they will get paid this time this as forty two million low income Americans relying on the federal food assistance programs SNAP are now bracing for benefits to run out in just days.
Speaker 3: ABC's j O'Brien.
Speaker 11: The Senate tried on Thursday to pass the same two bills that were previously rejected to the same tune again. Democratic leaders want talks to cheaper health care for Americans. Republicans don't want to talk until the government reopens.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The latest forecast from the Advanced Industry Weather Center, Are you afraid of the dentist at Advanced Industry we get it. To learn more about how IV sedation can change your life, visit no Fear Dentist dot com.
Speaker 3: We head to our Friday daybreak.
Speaker 9: It's clear, cold and a freeze warning is out a seven am temperature of thirty four, but colder elsewhere. Now for the rest of our Friday, mostly sunning a high a fifty seven at night, increasing clowns in a low of forty. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLWA.
Speaker 11: A four year old autistic boy was found unresponsive in the Claremont County pool Thursday afternoon. Police reported to a State Route one thirty two Holm in Emelia near Whitebirch Lane around three thirty. The child reportedly got away from the father and made his way to the outside pool. The father, once realizing the child was missing, I went to the pool and found the boy on responsive. Pierce Township Police Chief Paul Broxterman told Local twelve they believed to have foul a pulse on the boy as they were en route to the hospital. The child remains in the Cincinnati Children's ICU at this time, the status unknown. A teenage boy collapses while playing baseball Thursday night in Lawrenceburg, happening at the complex known as the Cap before six point thirty. The fourteen year old was running the bases when he collapsed. Dispatched radio to possibility of the boy hitting his head as he fell. The teenager was flowed to UC Medical Center, His condition unknown at this time. The City of Cincinnati hiring an outside firm to run a leadership effectives investigation into police Chief Teresa Thiji, who was placed on leave earlier this week. A city spokesperson confirmed the decision to WCPO nine News as they planned to engage outside council for this investigation. The city Solicitor's office has not picked a firm at this time. Theji is represented by the Finny Law Firm and Attorney Stephen m is holding firm. She has no intentions nor doess, to resign.
Speaker 6: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 11: In the second day of practice for the Bengals, Trey Hendrickson, Matt Lee, and cam Sample were limited. Tanner Hudson, Sadric Johnson, and Charlie Jones went full. Marco Wilson did not practice Also, according to the esbn's Ben Baby, Bengals middle linebacker Logan Wilson has requested a trade out of Cincinnati. The move comes after Wilson registered just twelve defensive snaps in the loss in Green Bay and twenty six and the Thursday night football win over the Steelers. The Bengals host of New York Jets Sunday afternoon at one o'clock. Coverage begins that morning at nine on seven hundred WLW. Red's considering trading starting pitcher Hunter Green during the offseason. According to the athletics Jim Bowden, He's put out a list of the top ten MLB stars most likely to be traded. Green is at number three. The Reds have the right hander under contract through the twenty twenty ninth season. Bowden hasn't been able to confirm since Night's desire to do such, but believes the team can get a bundle. Our next update is with Travis Layer to the bottom of the hour. I'mley mawin news Radio seven hundred WILW.
Speaker 3: Johnny Knoxville Here.
Speaker 2: Check out crime List Hillbilly Heist, my new true crime podcast, The true story of the Almost Person