Speaker 1: I got an email I gotta read to you about a hookup that had a twist. This person would not be on the radio, but I'm gonna read it to you. Dave Jenny Bailevant. I am exhausted because you guys are practically my life Monday through Friday mornings. I got to share my story with you. Why am I exhausted? Here's the story. I wasn't meeting anybody on Hinge because apparently my radius of men was too small. So I said, I'm gonna make it bigger and go all the way to Grand Forks, down to Moine and out to Green Bay. I don't care. So they got They just kind of cast a bigger net. Yeah, you got to. So I met this guy who lives up in Grand Forks like a month ago. We seemed to click, and pretty soon he's calling me to He's telling me to come up for the weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a risky little venture. You know, he's not across town. You're not meeting over a caribou for a coffee. You're going all the way with Grand Forks for the weekend. Apparently she packs bag heads on up. He says, he has horses and we can go horseback riding. It's going to be great. Well, that's kind of cool. There's like a place, and the guy puts some thought into this, got a plan. So I drive up there. I go to his place, which is kind of like a little rundown but it was cool. Used to belong to his parents. He shows me around. We go horseback riding on Friday. So here they are on Halloween. I guess it was just this past Friday is Halloween. They are on the horses and he's like showing her around and their horseback riding, and that's kind of cool. That sounds like a great start, right. We get back to the house and immediately ran out of things to talk about. Hmmm, like nothing, and he was nervous and uncomfortable. So I said, is there a bar in town we can go to? Yeah, that's a good idea. Yeah, So we go to this bar in town and immediately a guy he knows comes up to say hi, and that guy and I hit it off right away, like one of those instant chemistry kind of things. Here, she is how far is Grand Fort?
Speaker 2: Because I was curious.
Speaker 3: It's four and a half hours from the Twin Cities.
Speaker 1: So she's up at the bar. They've run out of things to talk about. It's night number one. They've still got all of Saturday and Saturday night and part of Sunday, and things are not looking good. They're at this bar and here comes a guy that she's got some chemistry with. Oh rand so is the online guy is sitting there playing on his phone, pretending not to notice. The other guy and I are dancing. How awful would that be for the other guy?
Speaker 4: It doesn't sound like it is at all. He's just chilling doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know he had this girl come up, And anyway, they're dancing and pretty soon getting pretty cozy with each other. So we agreed we wanted to leave with each other.
Speaker 2: But who's gonna tell Guy number one?
Speaker 5: Well, she's staying at the hinge guy's house. Correct, Well that's gonna hold. Oh sorry, I gotta go out and be with this other guy for a while, but then I'll stop back in for my stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, there's where the change of plans came in. So I let his friend go tell him that we were going to leave together, and the guy and I left together. Only thing was my stuff was still at his house, so we had to ask if we could go buy his house to pick up my stuff. Okay, so not only are you saying, hey, guy number one, I really like your friend. We're gonna leave, can we come by the house and pick up my stuff?
Speaker 5: That is such like a I don't That was if I was the first guy, the hinge guy, I would be so not sad, but like my pride would be definitely shaken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then she kind of mentions that Guy number one pretended not to mind, and honestly, I think he was kind of relieved. You would be relieved. You'd be a little hurt, a little sad, but you'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, thank god.
Speaker 3: Oh if you weren't hitting it off, yeah, probably cool.
Speaker 2: I'd probably be okay.
Speaker 3: If a guy came to come see me and they hit it off with my friend and I wasn't vibing with them, I'd.
Speaker 2: Be like cool.
Speaker 1: So we go back to Guy number tues place and pretty much banged all weekend, That's what she said.
Speaker 2: Pretty much banged all weekend, so that's why she's tired.
Speaker 1: Well, he did leave to go to a quick trip to get a pizza on Saturday night. But we probably hooked up eight times, eight times from Friday night to yesterday afternoon. When I left. I'm exhausted. I can't walk, but I can't stop smiling eight times in disguise.
Speaker 2: Ever see that dude? Ever again? Is that how it ends?
Speaker 3: She doesn't tell us to follow up, like have they been Well, I guess this just happened this weekend, but.
Speaker 1: Like yesterday, this time yesterday, she had one leg over here and one leg over there.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she weday, well, we're exactly.
Speaker 5: I wonder if she knows his name, maybe I have any short something.
Speaker 2: I wonder if she knows his last name, maybe she'll write in, maybe she'll call in. Maybe we can get her on tomorrow.
Speaker 1: She would not be on the radio, and I think it's because she's probably a little bit embarrassed but also proud. Yeah, that is a crappy thing to do, to like abandon your rank. But at the same time, I think all three people walked away or limped away happily.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't think, because like if the first guy's like, oh cool, Yeah, I'm so relieved that I don't have to do deal with this.
Speaker 2: You're still your ego is still hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you had this whole It's not like it was just a random like, oh, let's go to uh North Loop. Like no, this was a four hour trip for her, the commute. You had everything planned and that's your friend.
Speaker 1: So a woman met a guy. He met him online a month ago. He seemed like a nice guy. So she drives all the way to Grand Forks this past Friday, just a couple of days ago, and he's like, come on up, spend the weekend. I got horses. We'll go horseback riding. So they went horseback riding. They came back to the house and they immediately ran out of things to talk about. So she says, is there a bar in town? They go to the bar in town, They meet one of his buddies. The buddy and this woman hit it off spectacularly. She leaves with this guy, goes to the first guy's house to pick up her stuff, spends the weekend with one leg over here and one leg over there. They said they hooked up eight times, which to me sounds exhausting.
Speaker 2: It's so tiring. Eight times. That's a lot of time.
Speaker 1: You you've been to town a couple of times, is eight times in one weekend a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, it was a Friday to a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Friday to Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think eight times could equate to yes, a full forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: I think that that could.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the math on that one so a day? It depends on if they went back to back six hours. There's a lot you got to figure out here.
Speaker 5: This is not the kind of math problem that I thought I would be doing this morning.
Speaker 6: We've got a word problem for you. Here we go, kid, one leg over here, one log over there. So and I think it's great. But what do you think of her? I think it's great. She instead of having a miserable weekend watching TV and silence with horse owner, she rode something else.
Speaker 5: I think she was determined to get some action. Yes, so it was like whatever happened had to happen. She was like, I'm here for it because this is all I want is this action thing. So she was willing to drive four and a half hours. She's willing to like spread the other end net.
Speaker 1: Nothing that if she was just looking to hook up, I ain't got no shame in that at all.
Speaker 4: I think the guy like the friend that she ended up going home with. I only think he's wrong because that was your friend's girl, not girl really, but because they just met on hinge. But like you know, you don't take home your buddies for a girl.
Speaker 5: It's just the weird thing of being like, Hey, I'm going to bring her home with me, but I've got to bring her back to your house to pick up her stuff.
Speaker 2: Is that cool?
Speaker 4: He was sitting in the car, run of the engine, waiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, just trading off far.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you if you went out of town or met somebody, or you drove. Maybe it didn't drive that far. Maybe you drove, like from Little Canada to White Bear Lake it took you ten fifteen minutes to get there. Did if you met up with someone for the first time this weekend? How did it go? Did you spend the night? Did he spend the night? She spend the night? How far did you drive? Was it awkward? I think I told you the time that a long time ago, I met up with a girl. I was in Las Vegas. I dated this girl. I flew back to see her two months later, and we ran out of things to talk about. On the ride from the airport to her house. It was a miserable, long weekend.
Speaker 5: I had this boy that was really into me in college my senior year, and like right before I graduated, we were like pretty close. And then I moved to Florida to work at disney World and he was like, I'm going to come see you, And by that point I had already gotten over him, and so he can. He drove and got on a bus and came all the way to Florida and it was the most awkward, like two days ever. So similar situation, but I didn't meet up with some random other person and we hit it off there, So not that same.
Speaker 1: A couple of text messages regarding this whole situation, we get to wrap up good for her. Eight times isn't that much when the sex and is brand new? I disagree. I eight times in one weekend, Oh.
Speaker 4: No, I kind of agree. It's not a lot when it's new and fresh adrenaline.
Speaker 3: Man, I think you're thinking that it's like an hour every single time. What could have happened was like they hook up right away, you're still laying there, you're in a high. Thirty minutes later, hook up again. Yes, right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, break it down for it. Six morning Saturday.
Speaker 3: You wake up the next morning and everyone's horned up in the morning after some cocktails at least I am, and so.
Speaker 2: Then you're gonna get it on. Then you go out, you get.
Speaker 3: Your coffee, you have a little launch or brunch or whatever mid afternoon. From afternoon delight, we're up to four times that we get to Saturday evening. You know that they probably had more drinks at that point. And then they got real loud. He was tossing her around. They were doing backflips and stuff. Three times right there. Sunday morning, wake up, one last time. Eight times they were bing bang boom.
Speaker 4: And the all the momentum is there because you're just off the high of like I want to keep doing this. I want to keep doing this. So that's all you're thinking about while you're doing drinks and all those other things.
Speaker 1: Yes, text messages at Katie WB one. I mean, honestly, you never really know if you're going to hit it off with the person until you meet him. So original guy is probably like whatever, and glad he didn't have to spend the weekend awkwardly trying to act interested or like they have anything to talk about, and I think that's very true. I think that the first guy was probably like, he's not stupid. I mean, she found him charming and funny and whatever, so he's not stupid. They just didn't have anything to talk about. Probably all they talked about was like, Oh, it'll be really it'd be really fun to come up, and that's once they Once they had exhausted that topic, there was nothing else.
Speaker 4: Definitely sucks in the moment, but I think he dodged the bullet the.
Speaker 2: Origin the original guy, Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 4: Because he probably was like, if she's willing to
Speaker 2: Just up and leave like this, then she wasn't for me.