Speaker 1: Marny. Hey, Marty, Marty, Yeah, well you were eating again. You're sorry. I've done that to you twice. Now, my apologies, man.
Speaker 2: If you could respect Miami.
Speaker 1: Remember when I sent you that little big town song and you thought it was weird because.
Speaker 2: No, no, I didn't know. I didn't think it was weird.
Speaker 1: I just you didn't get the context. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: He sent it to me on the morning of Grady's graduation party, and I didn't know if that's what you were trying to tie it into.
Speaker 1: No, my apologies. I don't have your son's calendar on my phone.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: It was a pretty big moment in my life. And then you sent it on the morning up. So it's like, oh, Hawk remembered and he's thinking of me today and now he's bringing me down with this song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my apologies. Okay, that was a great song. They released another song called Over and Over that might even be better. They are two for two on this new record. I can't wait for this record to come out. I love that man.
Speaker 2: What is the theme of over and.
Speaker 1: Over and over again? It is the one line to six with me is uh, don't worry you think it's over, but we are supposed to be together and if I if we are not together in this life, I'll find you again in the next.
Speaker 3: It's so it's so good money.
Speaker 1: And it's one of those little, big town songs. It could be the way I said it, but it's not that way. But it's one of the songs that LBT does where they she sings one verse and that the dude sings the next verse, you know, and they don't always do that. It's a beautiful song. They are two for two on this record. I'm excited. I love them so much.
Speaker 2: They have not had new music that has produced hits in quite a while.
Speaker 1: It's so hard to have a hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so hard. Their harmony is as close to godliness in my mind. Yeah, I know as a band can get. A little big town harmonies are angelic.
Speaker 1: And did you see that your girls are coming to the Twin Cities again?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They were added to your Tiger Lily here. I just saw an announcement yesterday. They were added to a festival.
Speaker 3: I think it was oz Fest.
Speaker 2: Tiger is coming to they't text me, so google it.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah.
Speaker 5: They.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but it said we can finally announce they're coming to blah blah blah. But I don't remember what festival it was. It might have been Late Front, could have been Late Front. Whe's Late Front next week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that is next week anyway.
Speaker 1: I am just a tad bit of information about nothing. My apologies.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: Would you like me hit the sports thing now?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: I will right now. Then I got a ten minute song off first, here go Johnny Bones. Good time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul's Saints.
Speaker 3: Thank Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 1: We love you, Saint Paul Saints. Today's the day they're back chs Field Saints Baseball dot com for your tickets. Saints Baseball dot Com also back, is Kaylen Culpepper. That's exactly right, Dot's nephew.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: No, that is not right.
Speaker 3: That isn't correct?
Speaker 1: Seven or seven times? That's it?
Speaker 3: Are you going, Bonye?
Speaker 7: No, we might, Yeah, tomorrow night was a possibility. Tomorrow night they're ratting a five K before the Saints game, and we're scheduled to run the five K before the States game. But it's also going to be very hot and or raining, so I can run the field.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm not in charge. I just show up and run where they tell me to run.
Speaker 3: Say you going or are you gonna rent a Mortal Kombat?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: Hawk gave it a glowing review. He said Mortal Kombat Do was more the best movies. Did you say you've ever seen?
Speaker 1: I did at the time, but I've seen better movies since then.
Speaker 6: Yesterday in the World Cup, Brazil beat Japan two to one.
Speaker 3: They're moving on.
Speaker 6: Paraguay beat Germany on penalty kicks, and Morocco beat the Netherlands on penalty kicks.
Speaker 3: So Brazil, Paraguay and Morocco moving on.
Speaker 6: Three games today Ivory Coast versus Norway at noon, France Big Time Favorites versus Sweden at four, and then Mexico versus Ecuador at eight.
Speaker 1: A saucer, Yes, is that speaker on beside you over there?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing feedback. It's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 3: It is at a very low.
Speaker 1: Now it's off, daddy, thank you.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get feedback from abit? Yeah? Positive? Where did those guys go? I'm like sarcastic texts. I don't know?
Speaker 8: And then he'll be like, why did you say this? And I'm like, what I didn't say that.
Speaker 6: Former NBA players Malik Beasley and Ed Davis were indicted on charges of illegal gambling force gambling scheme four games, specifically during the twenty twenty three twenty twenty four season. According to the indictment, Beasley lost millions gambling during his nine year NBA career.
Speaker 1: Man who was a Davis? I don't remember.
Speaker 6: He played for North Carolina I think, and then he was here for like a half a second. As we talked about this morning, the play that has gone viral or whatever on the internet is where it's twenty twenty and Malik Beasley, there's free throws being shot. There's like three seconds left, and Malik Beasley demands the inbound runs all the way down at full speed, dunks the ball to keep it within an eight and a half spread or whatever. And Hawk and I had bet on that game. Hawk benefited from the lag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knew that he had to do it, break all his toes, yep.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I never like keeping it subtle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as Corey said, come on, man, he do it again the next day.
Speaker 8: Control the game the next day. Just say sorry, guys lost.
Speaker 6: If it's your family and friends, like we talked about earlier, if you're mixed up with the wrong people, if you have significant debts and people are killing exactly, then I understand why he ran full speed inducted. If it's just like sauce, I'm gonna throw this game and put ten k on this and then it doesn't go your way, just be like, okay, I'm double it, put twenty down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, built my over under on rebound tomorrow and I'll go out with an injury.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: The prop bets, That's why a lot of the the DraftKings fan duels Calshi's all those The prop bet is the problem, right, those are the ones that are the most easily manipulated.
Speaker 3: You don't want to manipulate it. Show it up at your house.
Speaker 7: No, I understand their walnuts problem bet sure, unvelik beasily.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. Were there every prop bets on Ed Davis.
Speaker 3: On all of them?
Speaker 6: I mean there's you can get prop bets on any player. John tay Porter, perfect example. All right, that's the guy from Toronto. They got popped for.
Speaker 3: Just outside of the building, shaking as enemy. Is it over at the building.
Speaker 1: He's outside the building and you can see him. You have egoized? Are you a vulture?
Speaker 3: I mean that's called the door. Yeah, I'll have to get there the door. Yeah, he was just standing there. Maybe I'm seeing things.
Speaker 1: Maybe he passed on and that was his ghost he would hunt.
Speaker 6: Out Of all the stories where you feel like you've seen an alien, a wizard, a baba duke, how many times do you think you have quote just seen something but it actually wasn't there, like for example, the wizard and or the baba duke or chad Abbot or chad an.
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 6: What percentage at the time where you're like, I swear I think I saw an alien, I'm three ninety four percent chance you just saw something that wasn't there. Probably ninety so ten percent of the time you actually saw it. Yeah, such as which one the wizard? The wizard, your wizard was an actual wizard in your house?
Speaker 8: Has sharp up to me in my sleep he has been there over in your sleep.
Speaker 3: That's called a dream. No, But like I've woken.
Speaker 6: Up and I see him standing there, You're one hundred percent sure of your away, Yeah, can't be can't possibly be still sleeping.
Speaker 3: No, I was awake. I saw the wizard right he not.
Speaker 1: To disregard his brain bant his theories. Can ask you guys about the gambling thing real quick, go on, how did they get caught? Did somebody squeal? Did they find texts or something? How do you because this should be something that's very easy to get away with.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's plays like that that they see. Like.
Speaker 1: But even so, if you see somebody like if I say I do run down and slam dunkle basketball, I think to myself, well, that guy really wanted to score a point or basketball is a waste of time. Those are the thoughts I have. But I don't think that's enough to just make you go I should investigate this guy for throwing the game.
Speaker 7: The story I saw said something, but it started to unravel when he didn't uh didn't. Actually he messed up. He scored one too many points or something or something like that. Yeah, yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 6: So, But don't forget the the sites. The gambling sites also want like full transparency, so I believe they work with the leagues so if they see unusual activity on a specific prop bet, it gets flagged.
Speaker 3: So again, these guys are dumb.
Speaker 6: It's like, let's just put a billion dollars and I'm gonna get three rebounds, like.
Speaker 3: DraftKings is gonna know.
Speaker 6: And then the NBA gets a report that says, hey, by the way, we have unusual activity. And then they start looking into the games and then they realize, well, this is shady as hell. Look at these four games.
Speaker 3: It's like the wild pitch guy.
Speaker 8: Right when you're throwing it in the dirt three feet in front of you and people are betting a lot of money on your first pitch being a ball.
Speaker 3: Something is up. I'm trying to read through the story.
Speaker 7: What happened multiple times? It's the same player, correct, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And even head Davis, a lottery picked by the Raptors in twenty thirteen, played twelve seasons in the NBA, earning approximately forty seven million dollars during his journeyman career. So there's a guy durn the very middle of the ode, didn't do much, made forty seven million even.
Speaker 3: After taxes and everything, that's like fifteen million plus, and he's still that wasn't enough.
Speaker 1: Right, Honey, you you were working with the squad at this time, did you ever make bets with Malik Beasley.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm I'm told to say know nothing of what you speak it. No, of course not. No, I have no idea. I worked with, you know, covered games with, and did interviews with, and you know, I guess if I had to pick someone out of the roster, but I who might you think could lean this way?
Speaker 1: Be like, well this wouldn't he'd make your top?
Speaker 2: That wouldn't shock me?
Speaker 1: Interesting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Just I always just find it unfathomable how some people who make tens and tens and tens of millions of dollars are not content with that just being your income.
Speaker 1: I think that proves that it's a disease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gambling part of it, Yeah, I guess, But why can't you take the money you make and gamble with it?
Speaker 1: At that's how you start and then you lose that?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: But so I'm reading more about Beasley's financial situation. It might have been it might not have been a gambling addiction. It might have been financial problems that he thought he could get out of by helping people gamble, because, for example, like he had a six hundred and fifty thousand dollars marketing advance and he failed to pay back, and he got sued for that. A landlord said, you owe twenty one thousand dollars an unpaid rent. He hadn't paid that.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if it's like, man, you have twenty one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Because it's a very small number for an NBA player.
Speaker 1: Plus you depend on people to pay for your things and they don't do it, and then you for sure.
Speaker 6: So he might have had a whole bunch of debt. Maybe he spent a bunch of money that he shouldn't have spent. Maybe he had investments go the wrong way, and he's like, man, I owe so many people so much money. How could I get out of this quickly? I know, I'll tell everybody what I'm gonna do on the court, and then we'll bet on it and we'll make all that money back.
Speaker 1: Quar Well, there's no way they can track that.
Speaker 3: Track what right right right away? They'll track this, Yeah, and then they did it.
Speaker 6: Says Beasley earned around sixty million dollars during his NBA career, and when this federal investigation broke, he was in the middle of negotiating a three year, forty two million dollars deal with the Pistons. Yeah, whoopsies, that's bad timing. Yeah, get that thing locked up before you get popped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although I'm sure the Pistons would have argued that, yes, they shouldn't have to pass. You are correct, but you never know. You just never know, all right.
Speaker 1: Not to mention all the money you lose by not gambling during that time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael Scott.
Speaker 6: Michael Scott said it best that you missed one hundred percent of the shots.
Speaker 2: That you don't take, Wayne Reski, and one hundred percent of the bonuses you don't collect. And you know when you're in the Buffalo bonus and you get two coins and it gives you five more spins. God dang.
Speaker 3: I was trying to confirm this.
Speaker 6: Earlier, there were a couple of there were a couple of Vegas Twitter accounts that claimed that a three point three million dollar jackpot went at the airport yesterday.
Speaker 3: Hockey. But it's not on Google News.
Speaker 6: But I've seen multiple Vegas Twitter accounts say somebody hit for three million at the airport. Is that? I mean, come on, it was she coming in or going out? Oh, it's definitely going out.
Speaker 1: I'd be going out, great, would it be though, if you lost your aid.
Speaker 3: It's ninety nine percent of the people.
Speaker 6: I think that gamble at the airport are the ones that are waiting for a flight once they're landing in Vegas. If let's go, let's go into the slot machines. Not right us, you're waiting for somebody else. There's obviously it's a small, small percentage. Everybody else get their.
Speaker 3: Fixed in when they land.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: The law firm of Chris Hockey and Daddy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys take forever getting your bags.
Speaker 6: Man, all right, headlines when the powers you wanted your returns after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: Some people say soccer culture Dutch.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why he makes me cuss, but it does.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, he makes me cuss. Yeah, no, yeah, I'm with you, man. You know you should come to the meetings.
Speaker 1: I know you're right. I just can't make it. What happened whatever, Yeah, sometimes you make me cuss. You're doing great.
Speaker 5: Check guys, check us out Chia's National Meteor Watch Day, which means you have to wait until tonight to participate, but there is a payoff. Shiny things flying in the sky. Ancient civilizations believed meteors or shooting stars. Were the heavens opening up to hear wishes? But truth be told. NASA says medears are really just space debris. But I wish couldn't hurt. Wait for it to get dark and look up, and on any given night you'll see about one every ten minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm pre tennis. I loaded that in for the last fact, you see about one every ten minutes. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess you'd have to really just stargames, yeah, right right, Yeah, that's like satellite watching. If you've ever it's super fun if you've ever done it, especially in a super clear night all the time. And they just look like stars, right, It just looks like a star that's moving pretty fast. Yeah, really, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how they don't run into each other, there's so.
Speaker 3: Many of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I bet they do sometimes.
Speaker 3: Pretty awesome. I'm sure they do. The spaces state space. Yeah, don't you see the movie Gravity? Yeah, no harm, no fall, one line.
Speaker 1: Run that movie for one line.
Speaker 3: I didn't love it before that, but that was definitely all right. Enough of this movie.
Speaker 1: One line, no harm, no fault. Do you want to hear about some foulsand and some harms. No, Mars, you got you raised your hand and you're the guest.
Speaker 2: And then I want to hear about harms and fouls.
Speaker 3: No, it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty six buck Hill Concerts.
Speaker 1: That's it. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's that's all. Mark our calendars. Hey, you guys, grab your phones.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 2: Saturday, September twelveth Yeah, well, if you want, if you'd like to see Friday September eleventh, this might interest you this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, warrnt if you're listening out there, I don't have a show that night, book my band. I want to open that show.
Speaker 2: Friday September eleventh. Warrant and Firehouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite Firehouse song?
Speaker 1: Probably love Lifetime. It's the song I sang at the Star starts.
Speaker 2: And then Saturday, Yeah, September twelfth.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Tiger Lily Cold with Scotty McCreery.
Speaker 1: Oh I love him, good dude. I thought that guy was gonna be a huge star. I really did. He has a good old deep voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does. He was a American Iam Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, American, good guy.
Speaker 2: So Mike Gels, Kendra and Christa originally from Hazen, North Dakota. Population I don't know, twelve hundred. We'll say dead Center, North Dakota, North Dakota now Nashville, Tennessee. I don't know. They've been there about eight years. Wonderful ten year town. Yeah, so they're they're almost there are almost a ten wonderful talents, wonderful human beings and heck of a singers. Heck of a singers. Saturday, September twelfth at Buck Hill Yeah Concerts Series.
Speaker 1: My name is.
Speaker 2: Buck, last name Hill.
Speaker 3: I'll see you there, so can't wait.
Speaker 1: I can't wait either.
Speaker 3: Good for your mars. Yeah, I hope you get to see Firehouse Hogs Meto.
Speaker 1: I hope I get to open the show. I'm gonna play concerts.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite warrant song?
Speaker 1: There's so many, but probably where the down Boys go. Maybe Uncle Tom's Kevin.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 6: You know when once in a while, Sauce will say something that he's like, well, never mind, I was going to say something, but I'm not. Then we're like, no, now you have to say it, or the show's not going to continue. I'm walking right into one of those traps. But I promise you I'm.
Speaker 3: Not going to do this.
Speaker 6: I've had about four jokes in my head in the last two minutes that would have gotten me fired.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you after the show.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I wish I do now, No, I can't. They are all fireable jokes.
Speaker 1: I would ask you that. But do they reference Buck.
Speaker 3: John. I'm not even gonna give you a hint. Now it's time for headline presented. Ne do it? Do it? Than? It's all around, man, Unless you read this.
Speaker 6: It's impossible. But this is kind of fascinating. Our prep service has like random facts for the day, right, so it's here's all these stories, here the headlines, here's all these things that happened on today's day. You know, talk amongst yourselves. What do you guys want to do on your radio show? This is fascinating.
Speaker 9: So apparently there is only one word in the English language that changes its meaning and pronunciation both when you capitalize it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can do this.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you can, because this is so insane because there's what a couple hundred thousand words how many is it like three hundred thousand, whatever, giant number of words. There's only one word in the English language that changes its meaning and pronunciation when you capitalize it. Pizza, your god, how do you say it when it's lowercase? How do you say it when it's capitalized?
Speaker 3: Pizza?
Speaker 6: Yes, I don't think he knows what capitalization means, because he just did an exclamation.
Speaker 2: Points confirming it.
Speaker 3: Spelling, though, is spelling is exactly the same.
Speaker 6: But if you capitalize it, the meaning changes and the way you say it changes, just from being.
Speaker 1: Like an object to a person. I know, I get an object thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're correct.
Speaker 6: It definitely makes it official when you capitalize it.
Speaker 3: So, Tree, I wonder you. I'm gonna say, this is the nicest possible way. Why don't you set this one out?
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna get it though, because no.
Speaker 3: Pizza and are the first two guesses. Those are both wrong.
Speaker 2: It's left.
Speaker 6: It's just a couple of hundred thousand words, but those he's on the wrong path. Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, could you start steering us?
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 6: It is very country adjacent. Okay, okay, So the the lowercase word, I don't know if this helps it all. The lowercase word is a verb, it's an action, it's something you could do. The capitalized word is referencing a specific country.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 6: If you guys can get this, it'd be amazing if you could pull this off. You're Paul, for the love of God, turn your god dang microphone off.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's got it. It's got Okay, it's got to be an action word. It's also a country.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 1: So what uh?
Speaker 6: I don't want to give you the first letter because that might get you to go pretty fast. What if somebody in the car, if somebody just screamed out in their car to whoever their car playing with, Like, I got it, that's pretty impressive. So shout out to the six of you figured this out.
Speaker 2: Did you give a syllables? Number of syllables? Are we talking about it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 6: Both the lowercase verb band the capitalized or both two syllables?
Speaker 3: I just can't believe there's only one.
Speaker 6: Isn't that kind of nuts that there aren't multiple opportunities to do this?
Speaker 3: Only one word is a hydra? No?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, if.
Speaker 2: Hydro, I've never heard of the country of Hydra?
Speaker 3: What is it? Sam thinks he has it Turkey? No, that's a really good that's good.
Speaker 6: No, not a terrible I guess better than pizza or tree. I mean, we're going in the right direction.
Speaker 1: What is it. I'm concerned.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give you the first letter. I think John might get it if I give you the first letter.
Speaker 9: But the first letter is P pizza, So.
Speaker 3: You weren't that far.
Speaker 1: Off Pineapple Perry.
Speaker 6: No, hm, I think of countries that start with P and then you gotta go. It's not quite the name. It's not Jesus anybody else hear that what he just said. It's not quite the name of the country. It's a reference to the people and the culture of that country.
Speaker 3: Name countries that start with P and s.
Speaker 1: If you can get there, Philippines, Filipino.
Speaker 3: Peru, don't say, don't say Paris. Come on, let's say Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm, All right here, let's give you the other side. Let's give you a hint on the other side. The verb relates to nails, pint hey, hey, try a different or panic cock and hoo's Is he right?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 3: I got it, Corey, go for it. Sam. Is it polish? Polish and polish? Well done.
Speaker 6: It's the word Polish is pronounced differently when it's lowercases. Just polish the only one Sam, Sam got there. Well, it's not pizza.
Speaker 3: No, it's not pizza or pizza. Which is or tree or tree? Fascinating?
Speaker 7: Just unpack the tree. Guess a little bit. You're gonna hurt your brain trying just a little bit.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: It was Angelina.
Speaker 3: Jolisa, she hasn't dated since her divorce from Brad.
Speaker 6: Pitt a decade ago. Yeah, oh no, nuts, who is the gal? Like a week ago, Chris, you were linking give her my number?
Speaker 3: Who was that?
Speaker 2: Remember that?
Speaker 3: That's right? Went on a writer. Okay, I forgot about that bit.
Speaker 6: Why don't you, Why don't you try to get Angelina Jolie's number.
Speaker 3: Sounds like she's on the market.
Speaker 8: To catch up, to catch up in the story, not interested, Jami Aqui dated her and said all she wanted to do was bang and he couldn't handle it.
Speaker 6: And then, just to recap, his name's not Jamiroquai, that's the name of the band, but yes, that's the lead singer.
Speaker 1: Of jamer I ain't no winner of prizes, but me and Jamericua. You know it's cool. I ain't know Brad Pitt Everett. Once she got Brad Pitt, what am I going to do for so.
Speaker 3: Your Brad Pitt?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that don't impress me much, exactly. I sometimes slips out.
Speaker 4: Thanks a judge, a judge in Alaska.
Speaker 6: We've talked about the story a couple of times, but there's been a couple of lawsuits back and forth. A judge in Alaska ruled that Dan Sullivan can run against Dan Sullivan in the Republican primary.
Speaker 3: Well, so it's Dan Sullivan versus Dan Sullivan.
Speaker 6: Remember they were both kind of being like, oh, yeah, this isn't fair. The one Dan Sullivan was intentionally trying to confuse voters so they would maybe get like some of the votes would get split because people wouldn't be quite sure which one they were voting for. Either way, It's basically like, the guy's name is Dan Sullivan, he should be allowed to run, and the judge says, yeah, we got to run it. So Dan Sullivan versus Dan Sullivan in Alaska middle names. I don't know what the what the eventual rulings that they are going to run against each other, Dan yep and Dan fully happy birthday kind of to the world record. World record holder Spootle. Spootles is a parakeet, the world's oldest parakeet? How old is Spootles?
Speaker 3: Five hundred? Could you just go home? Five hundred?
Speaker 6: You guys are so remember a couple hours ago, to be asked if Einstein stumbled across the.
Speaker 3: Theory of relativity, did you just like stump? Anybody have an actual guest eight she's five to three.
Speaker 2: I f like oldest ever. I mean forty.
Speaker 3: Two, one hundred ninety Sam.
Speaker 6: By the way, just for a future reference, don't guess anywhere near saw even if that was what you were gonna say ninety once he says one hundred, you gotta change it to either like one or a billion down. It'll help in the future, I promise you. Bonus, you weren't that far off. Thirty two parakeets apparently in captivity live something like fifteen to twenty years, but this one lived thirty two years old.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Spootless.
Speaker 7: You see a fair amount of dead parakeets downtown Minneapois.
Speaker 6: Jeeves really well cool, thanks for bringing that up right, Yeah, they right into the US Bank Stadium.
Speaker 7: I mean it's it's skyscrapers. Yeah, they run into the glass on the buildings there.
Speaker 1: And I'm just.
Speaker 7: I mean, I presume this is a thing that like people had parakeets as pets and then they they escaped, and now that's a thing that you see in urban areas.
Speaker 6: Now, so all right, let's do this. We've done this a couple of times in the last couple of weeks. Maybe at some point we'll get an official open and try this group trivia. All five of you can work together, Sam, Hawk, Bonus, Marnie and Sauce. I need one group answer, and I hope you guys didn't read this because it is in the prep. July is National ice cream month, and.
Speaker 3: How do you beat ice cream?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: That's like one of my all time devices. I'd be in much better health if I stop eating ice cream. But it's just the freaking best.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: We can get to some state breakdown data in a second, but for a second here, I need America's top five ice cream flavors, the US of A's favorite five. Let's see if you guys can go five for five one group answer of five.
Speaker 1: Chocolate vanilla are definitely out there. Cookie dough, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think hay, cookies and cream is definitely one of them.
Speaker 1: Yea chocolate chip? Chocolate chip? Is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would say minch chocolate chip.
Speaker 2: We all agree on vanilla chocolate.
Speaker 6: Gim me, give me, give me the ones you're locking in as a group, chocolate vanilla. Those are two, everybody? Yes, okay, so chocolate and vanilla or two? What are the other three?
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 2: Either chocolate chip or mint chocolate chip?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which one? Min chocolate? I would yeah? Yeah, I think I wouldn't choose chocolate. Rocky Road is strawberry?
Speaker 3: What's the ice cream?
Speaker 1: Strawberry is not neapolitan?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's three different colors.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, cookie dough, cookie, Let's cook chocolate, vanilla, cookie dough. What are the final two that you guys? Are chip, chocolate chip and the Rocky Road or cookies.
Speaker 2: Like a turtle?
Speaker 1: I think cookies and cream. I bet it's cookies, and sure it's cookies and sure.
Speaker 3: Everybody cool with those five?
Speaker 1: Sam? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Here? The top five? Number five is vanilla?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Which is underrated? Vanilla's fantastic.
Speaker 8: I honestly would have thought it was number one, especially Ben and Jerry's vanilla chocolate is four, Real fine.
Speaker 3: Cookie dough is three. That's my number one.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm going to give you guys this one. You guys went with mint chocolate chip, which I think is elite. But chocolate chip is number two. Cookies and cream not number one. Only one of you said the number one.
Speaker 3: Answer Rocky Road. Nope, strawberry strawberry.
Speaker 6: And how about this, how about this? This is this is super I didn't I would have never guessed this. Strawberry is number one in fifteen states.
Speaker 3: That is more than any other flavor. Wow. Now, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 6: By the way, Minnesota strawberry is number one in Minnesota. The strawberry states are Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, and for Jinia. Yeah, but here's the real test, Marnie down there. Okay, you claim the Dakota's are two different places.
Speaker 2: I do claim that.
Speaker 6: Yep, I've never heard anyone else besides you say that. Let's see if they're so different. Tell me the number one flavor in both states. Let's start with the one that you claim is your home state of North dakotaper.
Speaker 1: Half of the Dakotas.
Speaker 3: This would be unbelievable if you nail this.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, because it's not super common.
Speaker 6: It's not one of the five we just mentioned. If you can say this, then maybe North Dakota has some kind.
Speaker 3: Of niche bit with ice cream.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Okay, Rocky Road. Final answer, no, because I saw the look on your face.
Speaker 1: That you wonder why you're not gonna turtle?
Speaker 3: What is turtle caramel and chocolate and some kind of nut? Right?
Speaker 6: So final answer is what turtle caramel and salted caramel? Is the correct answer?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 3: How did you do that? That is the correct camel South Dakota. Those other people cookies and cream? Oh I love ice cream.
Speaker 6: Is there something about North Dakota that you guys really lean into the caramel?
Speaker 3: Is that a real thing? Or is that just you?
Speaker 2: That's us, it's us, that's who we are.
Speaker 3: That's the Dakota's man.
Speaker 2: No, no different. He just said that. The the ice cream. And I'll lean frozen yogurt when I can. My all time favorite. And it's very hard to find because it's very specific. But tell me what you think of this a cherry chocolate, but the specific is it can't have bits of cherries in there, the cherry flavor, the cherry flavor, and then.
Speaker 6: Who sells chocolate? I don't know, but like or is that like you gotta go to ice cream shops?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I've ever seen that.
Speaker 2: Like you scoop it out. Sounds good, but you just there can't be bits of cherries because you know, we don't want to be biting on the and they're having that gross cherry flopping around and you just want the flavor of the ice cream to be cherry cherry and then in there that is an awesome combination.
Speaker 1: Is a cherry ice cream with chocolate chunks.
Speaker 2: That's acceptable, okay, or chocolate chips in there or whatever, just as long as those are the two flavors, cherry, bits of cherries.
Speaker 7: I have drank cherry chocolate stouts.
Speaker 1: That sounds so delicious.
Speaker 2: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all do that.
Speaker 7: Speaking of that too, states, what a.
Speaker 6: Great transition, bonus, great transition. Two states have chocolate is number one, Illinois and Wisconsin. Wisconsin's number two was Milwaukee's best. Oh wow, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: Beast me Doof's greatest adventure. You know that's what he says.
Speaker 2: Games, Yeah, beast him.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm trivia heavy today, but let's se if you guys can get this. I would argue, I would argue this is in the top five ish or so. One of the greatest kids movies of all time came out fifty five years ago today, non.
Speaker 3: Animated, seventy one animated.
Speaker 6: He's not giving it away, one of the greatest kids movie of all time.
Speaker 3: Nailed it.
Speaker 6: Gene Wilder as Willie Wonka. He's fantastic, sauce. Johnny Depp, that was absolute trash. Shalla May was fine. It's not my Wonka, but he was fine. Not my Wonka hashtag not my Wonka. It was okay, but it's not Jean Wilder. There's only one I like to one was fine. It was fine, like a prequel kind of thing. Yeah, it's kind of his origin stuff.
Speaker 7: He's going to pale in comparison to the wild I would argue Shala is the best he possibly could have, especially to erase.
Speaker 3: The memory of what Johnny Depp did. It's so bad. He thinks it's better than the original people. Yeah, sauce. This might hit a little close to home for you.
Speaker 6: A family from Chicago is attempting to set the Guinness Book of World Records for having their toddler visit all sixty three national parks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, Yeah, my dad loves national park. How many did you go to as a toddler?
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know how many I went to as a toddler, but it's like probably ten to seventeen.
Speaker 3: But I went to fifty of them?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Ten?
Speaker 1: Why are you asking me you didn't go?
Speaker 3: I mean I've been doing a lot of them, fifty or ten?
Speaker 7: There's how many?
Speaker 3: Sixty three? Oh? I mean I've been to. I mean like Taska, that's a that's a national park, right one. I've been to that. I've been to the.
Speaker 8: Grand Teton State Park, National State Park. I've been to the Grand Canyon one, the Grand Tetans.
Speaker 3: What's the one in Wyoming? Uh ye, I've been to that. I've been the Devil's Tower, all right, so forty seven? What's the guyser one?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: One stone? Don't give yourself two for that. I've been to like five of them.
Speaker 6: So not fifty, no, but it felt like fifty felt was fifty.
Speaker 3: No offense. They are beyond boring. Not my thing though, That's okay here you don't like nature, No, I'd rather be in a casino.
Speaker 1: Rockies.
Speaker 3: Uh have you been the I've been to scion Well Glacier and you go to Glacier's that Montana? I think, so, yeah, I don't remember. Again, I'm not I'm not quizzing you. I'm asking you know the answer. I know the answer. You say yes or no? We weren't with you. I promise you I was there. I was yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey. By the way, before we move on, I told you so.
Speaker 6: Bailey went to uh, Montana and Glacier with with their boyfriend's family last week. They were gone for like a week, right, literally went to the same place that Angie and I went to like whatever fifteen plus years ago. They walked the same two mile trail to Lake Avalanche, same same walk, same hike that I went and proposed to Angie Sale And I asked John and Bailey, I go, do you guys buy the barebells? They go no, And I go on the two mile walk that way and on the two mile walk back, did you see anyone else.
Speaker 3: Wearing bare bells?
Speaker 6: And they said no, no, no, no, And they said that the rumor out of Montana is that the grizzly sightings are pretty high this year, that it's running pretty hot, that there's an abnormal number of sightings.
Speaker 3: Yet still zero.
Speaker 6: People purchased bare bells. They didn't see one, didn't hear one, didn't see one.
Speaker 3: That's sad. So I'm pretty sure if.
Speaker 6: I went back to that same gift shop, whatever it was, fifteen years ago, I think that lady would have been like you two are the only two that I've sold to in the last decade.
Speaker 3: They have dust on it. They were only like two bucks apiece. We thought it was smart. We were just douchebag tourist.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to get eaten by a grizzly bear, and I wasn't because they heard the bell.
Speaker 3: From a mile away.
Speaker 7: I do love that you swept the four dollars rental fee for your wife and daughter to watch a movie that is.
Speaker 3: Not free out streaming.
Speaker 7: But the four dollars that you spent fifteen years ago on bear, I would have gone through.
Speaker 6: The digestive track of a bear and that would have been four dollars well spent right to avoid being eaten by a grizzly Yeah, well, said ask girl.
Speaker 3: I'll buy all the bells I want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank barebells.
Speaker 1: Pare bells.
Speaker 6: He said, a lot of people had bear spray, which makes a lot more.
Speaker 3: Sense than bells. Sure, bright spray. Am in the face with bear spray. Get. I don't think they're gonna care. My spurs are jingle jangle j.
Speaker 2: Spurs.
Speaker 3: Man, Glacier is beautiful. If you hate Glacier National Park sauce and I don't know what to tell you.
Speaker 6: I got anyway freaking unbelievable. Yeah, it's ten out of ten the world man. Yeah, and Montana's in this beautiful country. You just got to drive like eighteen.
Speaker 3: Hours, yeah, or fly there. Whatever you've been in Montana?
Speaker 4: Are you bad?
Speaker 6: For sure?
Speaker 3: It's the National Park?
Speaker 7: Yep, yeah, I've been there, so forty six to go Mount Rushmore, I've been there.
Speaker 3: Show's overt by.
Speaker 6: We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine, John Bonus, Thank you, Martie Gellner.
Speaker 3: Don't forget Marnines. We don't see you on Fridays.
Speaker 6: Ah, We'll see you next Tuday and then in Detroit Lakes a week from Friday. All right, thanks to Mars and bags to John nine to noon is next? Next?
Speaker 4: Three too?
Speaker 1: I love you, Hey, don't forget everybody. You don't have to. You get to keep your head up. Let's go see what we can do. You get too, so let go out of my way to say
Speaker 3: Get me from the one eight hundred ask Gary Trapp