Speaker 1: Smoke Joe in the morning.
Speaker 2: So we have any any high school teachers listening to the show right now. If you're a high school teacher, will you kind of give me an idea If you are listening, text and tell me at nine five five zero zero, because I want to ask you guys a question. I had a kid approach me for a project that he's doing for class. And he said that they're doing a they're doing biographies, and they're writing biographies on people that they are interested in. And he approached me. And this kid is a really smart kid. I said to him, I go, so tell me what your aspirations are. And he goes, I'm going to go to University of Michigan. And I said to him, I go, well, how do you know you're going to University of Michigan. You're a senior in high school. And he goes, all right, you know I'm going to university? Am I going to if you already know that you got accepted or you're going to University of Michigan.
Speaker 1: You're a smart kid. And he goes to a very smart, smart kid school. So you're smarter. Your parents are donating the library.
Speaker 2: That could be that could be well, mister Forbes, no, I know. So he's telling me that he wants to do a biography, and I said to myself, I'm like, you know what, I actually kind of like this because i'd like to have I've always wanted to write a book, but I'm too lazy to write. Like I don't even read books. I listen to them on tape, you know what I mean. Like I'm an audible kind of guy. So I said to him, go, absolutely, let's do this thing. And he says, well, can you get together on Saturday? And I'm thinking myself wow, and he goes, yeah. He goes, I'm one that likes to get my projects done early because I like to get them all done and then if I have to retouch and touch up and all this stuff, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: You are an f and do gooder. He's he's it Sharon selling tickets today for.
Speaker 2: Any that's doing that, because he may not sell all those tickets.
Speaker 1: He may have to move that show like the Jonas Brothers. But no. But so, so.
Speaker 2: We're so we're talking and we're having and I said to my go listen, I don't think I can do Saturday. I don't want to do anything right now. I want to wait for I want to wait till Chelse is good and everything's good before I just leave for stuff like that.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna leave, I'm gonna leave for something that I want to go do.
Speaker 2: It's like play golf or something like that. So I say, can we do it in a couple of weeks? He goes, yeah, absolutely, no problem. But it got me thinking, I don't think I've ever done a project that wasn't done or at least completed the night before the Sunday night. It was always remember they're always done on due on Mondays, and it was always Sunday night when the tick tick of sixty minutes came on television and my parents would be watching sixty minutes and I'd be like, I need poster board, you know what I mean, Or I need or can somebody type this for me or somebody you know what I mean, trying to figure it out, and I'm thinking myself, this kid in my son, Jacob, is like this kid Jacob is a get it done now because I don't want the anxiety of being late with it. Joe Luke myself, we are wait till the last minute in hopes that they cancel the project. You know what I mean, Like, isn't that crazy that somebody would ask They say, hey, I got my teacher gave me this assignment.
Speaker 1: It's in February.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking myself, what teacher gives an assignment that's doing February.
Speaker 3: Well, it's probably a huge project for like a big chunk of his grade.
Speaker 4: I can for somebody.
Speaker 1: To make fun of me.
Speaker 3: That was me, especially in high school, high school, college. As soon as I got a big assignment like that, I got instant anxiety. So to ease some of the anxiety, I just got a huge piece of it done, so at least I felt a little bit ahead.
Speaker 1: I was a nerd.
Speaker 3: I was a nerd photo nerd with really good grades where it got me a valedictorian.
Speaker 5: Sitting next to him radio class, Like for me, I think it's I don't I think I was lazy Or when you hear a date that's so far out, you think you have so much time, So I was like, I'll get to it.
Speaker 4: But then it's also and maybe this is just how I told myself and made myself believe.
Speaker 1: But it's almost like the pressures on I do better it's like the.
Speaker 3: Games on and also like somebody else's schedule, you have to work around here, which is Mojo's. So he's I think this kid's so smart.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's funny because I was telling Chelsea about this and Chelsea goes, well, it's fitting because most husbands are when their wives say hey, can you pick up this, you know, or like something around the house.
Speaker 1: You got it?
Speaker 2: They want you to do something, every guy always says, yeah, I'll get to it, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Like it's one of those things.
Speaker 2: And that pretty much is the explanation of what I was like as a student.
Speaker 1: Like most of them.
Speaker 4: I used to take the trash out the morning of like I'll wake up early enough, right, I'll get to it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I and I don't bring the garbage cans in at all because I just keep him out there and throw my garbage, and then I don't take out the garbage the next week.
Speaker 1: What's up, Megan? How you doing good? How are you good? You're a teacher? Huh, you're a high school teacher? I am yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you believe a kid is doing a project a about me? But secondly doing a project that's not due till February and is already starting to work on this thing.
Speaker 6: Well, I pretty much just teach like ninth grade as the school.
Speaker 7: Then I work out.
Speaker 6: But I know that the seniors have to do a senior project. Yeah, so usually they start doing that and then they have several drafts and they have to turn it in by February March.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Would procrastinate it too, but I but I a plus to them.
Speaker 2: Do you look as a as a teacher when you look at a kid that starts on it the moment that you give the assignment? Do you look at that kid like and giving them an a like I'm just going to give him the grade right.
Speaker 6: Now most of the time, or I'm like, oh, he's gonna he's gonna sell this and somebody else is gonna cheat off of it.
Speaker 1: I don't think about that. That is so funny.
Speaker 2: I never thought about the fact that the kid could be writing in other people's reports.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the call. What's up, Gail? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 1: How are you We're good? What's happening.
Speaker 7: I'm in the school parking lot.
Speaker 1: Are you so you're teacher? What do you teach?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I am a high School English teacher, and I teach tenth grade in two senior.
Speaker 4: Classes, and I am also the McComb County High School Teacher of the year.
Speaker 1: Okay for you Dale, what do they know you as? Miss missus?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Ms Ashburn?
Speaker 2: Miss Ashburn is on the phone with us right now. Teacher of the year here, Miss Ashburn, let me ask you. Do you listen to the show and when you hear me pronounce things, do you go that kid would fail my class?
Speaker 6: I listened to the show every day, first time, long time.
Speaker 7: On the phone, and I don't laugh when people mispronounce things because I do it all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I like that. I like at least you admit that. So all right, Well you're there bright and early. When do the students cell gate?
Speaker 1: There? Like seven?
Speaker 2: Ishe?
Speaker 7: We start?
Speaker 2: Okay, have a great day, have this be an awesome day. Thank you so much for calling on. Appreciate you. Kristin. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hey? What's happened? Are you a student? Oh?
Speaker 7: Hack, No, no way above that. I just I just know that I am the exact same what Kevin said. I had a whole year to do my senior thesis. Did it the night before, did every of the one hundred and fifty note cards the night before, so I would.
Speaker 1: Never do it again.
Speaker 7: I went to college years later in my thirties, had an entire semester to do a project. Did it the night before everything in college in my thirties, and I was back in college. It was so funny, but I got it done and I got.
Speaker 6: An A on both a sigements.
Speaker 2: See that's awesome, that's good that you did great, But it's what is it? The night before becomes one of those things where you're staying up late. You're trying to keep yourself I don't know, monster energy, drinks, y.
Speaker 7: Motivation, and that's all it is.
Speaker 6: ADHDS is what we.
Speaker 1: Do as a parent to these kids.
Speaker 2: It's funny how many times Chelsea has stayed up late with the boys to help them finish off stuff.
Speaker 1: Like as a mom, she she would do that. Was she ever? Uh? You know what?
Speaker 2: I think she looked at it as an opportunity to spend time with them like she really, you know, kind of was good with it.
Speaker 4: I don't give a damn how sweet you are. You got me up at one in the morning doing a project and.
Speaker 2: Before no, the thing that honestly would piss both of us off more was that they wouldn't tell us what they needed.
Speaker 1: And so it is no joke.
Speaker 2: You had nothing open, so it'd be Sunday night and you're trying to get all the stuff and the only place that's open is a Walgreens, you know what I mean. And so you're and you're getting bottomed and then you come home with it and they're like, oh, that's awf. I'm like, well that's all they got. Idle nines only got so much. But all right, it's Moojoe in the morning.