Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while friend.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 1: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: One condition you dance with us.
Speaker 1: You asked for too much.
Speaker 4: You see your father, then you see me and me.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, that does happen to you?
Speaker 1: Not show some money.
Speaker 2: AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app one more hour to go full four hour show. Today we did, however, get snipped at the front by Dodgers Giants. The Giants hammering the Dodgers last two days, Dodgers had stuck their opponents for ten plus runs. Today, the Giants go ten plus on the Dodgers. Tomorrow they'll take on the Cubs Sunday. They will play the Angels in both of those games, just like today's, will be heard right here on your home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers at twelve oh five pm.
Speaker 1: It's an exciting time as the Dodgers prepare for this season, a season where expectations would crush a lesser team, a season where expectations would make them feel trapped in their own greatness. But not these Dodgers, not Andrew Friedman. And not only is he gonna fix the Dodgers every year like he does, he's gonna fix the Lakers too. My god, somebody had to. He's gonna put Lebron on that banana boat and send him away, and Chris Paul can go with him because he ain't got no job. That's a quib question, bro. I don't feel like as being a climb not asking questions. What I'm predicting the future? Ah, that's right, thank you, costco ho Uh. Don't forget the podcast. Don't forget to podcast our show on the iHeart radio app. It's actually kind of a smart way to consume the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. Collect segments like Pokemon cards and enjoy them all. Stack the podcast and listen on the iHeartRadio app, or you can stream it live on the iHeartRadio app as well. Not to mention the fact that you can enjoy the show through our social media Instagram and X at Petrosen, Money, at Matt Muney Smith, at the Old p at Ronnie Fossil, at Tim Kats and at Colin ten. Thank you for being a friend. And right now it's time for the Final Hour Fun Fast Fact. It's the Yeah We're Three Fun Fact.
Speaker 2: Final Hour Fun Fact brought to you by Concordia University of Your Vines Master's and Coaching and Athletics Administration Program. Classes in the program are taught by many of the top sports leaders in California, such as the state director of the CIF such as Many Hi and Hall of Fame Hall of Fame High School I mean but Hi, Hall of Fame I mean her a. These and college coaches and administrators be mentored by the best. Find out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 1: It is Hey, it's hard to walk that CUI dot Edu slash coaching type Rob I ain't kidding man man hopectually when Matt's breathe it right down your neck, ready to jump on you and read the script.
Speaker 2: I was distracted by something on the telly. I apologize it is it is not a leap year. Twenty twenty four was twenty twenty eight, will be. But since tomorrow's the twenty eighth and Sunday is March first, we'll do a little leap ear fun fact. Did you know, unlike here, leap ears are kind of a big deal throughout Europe. February twenty ninth is called Bachelor's Day in the UK, Ireland and England, and so I shouldn't say the entire UK, but Ireland and England it is known as a day one of the Scots. The Scots are like or not in this. We don't want the Bachelor's Day. You can holve it. It is the day that women shameful.
Speaker 1: Mel Gibson is laughing Scottish it is terrible. Uh.
Speaker 2: It's the day women are allowed to and are supposed to, if they so want, proposed to their man. And back in the day, if the woman proposed on Bachelor Day feb twenty nine in a leaf ear and the man declined he was to buy her twelve pairs of gloves to hide her ringless fingers, and enough fabric to make a skirt. Okay, why'd you agree to marry her? Didn't want to buy the gloves did not go well?
Speaker 1: Twelve pairs of glove there Sean Connery's back.
Speaker 2: The fabric of a skirt seemed like it made more sense than getting married. Rang.
Speaker 1: That's Lewis Ampleton. Yes, all right, everybody, it is time for quicks quickitch. I'm nigga quick y'all. Another spring training game coming gone for the Dodgers. They got booped and bopped in Scottsdale against the Giants. And let me tell you that the World Baseball Classic is coming. Yamamoto is done on his way. Now, Hayesan kN is done on his way. Now Otani has been gone. And I gotta ask Matt Smith, are you gonna watch? Like? Are you gonna be? Like I'm weighing, I can't wait for the Barbados versus Barbados State game in the World Baseball Classic? Like how deep are we gonna go here? Like I don't you know what I'm saying, Matt, Like, oh, you know, the Fins are pretty good this year. They got Jurgen von schlergan.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we all and Yamamoto through today for the Dodgers. So yeah, now he's gone three inians in and now, like you said, he's gone. That's a great question because I do remembering.
Speaker 1: I can only deal with so much, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I understand, I understand, I accept it, but as I have.
Speaker 1: To be in the middle between you and Dave. You pro World Baseball Classic with the jacket on with all the logos, all the flags on it, like that guy at courtside at the NBA game with the leather jacket on. Oh yeah, that has all the logo patches on it. Like if you're going to be that guy, and Dave's gonna be like they better not even let Yamamoto look at the mound, you know, like that kind of stuff. Somebody's got to be in the middle, somebody's got to handle things in a diplomatic way. And I just need to know how far, how far you're willing to go, Matt with your global pride.
Speaker 2: I like to think that it's not gonna happen, but I do recall the last World Baseball Classic. H I did get sucked in. I did enjoy the crowds. I thought I would lamenting. It'd be great if our baseball crowds were like this. Remember, like everybody got inside of balla Juzella's and how great is this is? This is what baseball's like at every game in the Dominican Republic.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the Puerto Ricans are singing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I on my flight back from Indy last night, I had to check the schedule. I was like, is the World Baseball Classic starting this weekend in LA I had three separate people on the plane.
Speaker 1: Is three a lot?
Speaker 2: No, but it was still three three people with Puerto Rico hats on the World Baseball Classic Puerto Rico hats, So certainly they're getting.
Speaker 1: Ready for it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'll probably be pretty into it. And now, am I gonna be getting up at two am to watch the Tokyo Dome games between Korea and Japan? No?
Speaker 1: But all right, I'm just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: I think you saw the I don't know why I shouldn't say I think you saw. I don't know if you saw. I posted the the bat from our friend John Minter. He was making he has a couple guys playing in the World Baseball Classic the Glomar Team USA.
Speaker 1: Now maybe we should get him on. Let's get them on.
Speaker 2: The WBC bat he made for the UH for a couple of his players is pretty fey.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good UH end of the Hour type of interview that we could do with Mintor on his spiritual patiod. But if you're gonna have one of those up your colo about the World Baseball Classic, I just need to know because it's and and by the way, I do have good intel that the three guys with the Puerto Rico hats on your playing home from Indianapolis are in the West Side story cast. They're Sharks. That what it is. That's why that's why there was an amassment of them.
Speaker 2: Is that is that the Seers? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's a West Side story at the Seers. The Lakers. I think the Lakers could win it. Not really, they're thirty four and twenty four and they seem to hate each other and they really hate Lebron he ruined everything. I think the Lakers could win it. You should have stayed out with your Sianica or.
Speaker 2: I think the Lakers win the form of it there's some form of it.
Speaker 1: They fell to the Suns one hundred and thirty one and ten in humiliating fashion. A bootleg and Sons team Luca don Chic scored forty don Chici scored forty one points in the loss. The next game is tomorrow against the Warriors in San Francisco. The Sons without booker Drayson Allen stuck him for like thirty and he didn't even have to punch anybody in the balls. Leave him alone, I say, to punch people in the balls. He's paid his dues, likes to trip people. Okay, well, what are you gonna say about Draymond Green. He's on the Warriors. He'd like to play of that and choked out foreigners like Rudy Gobert. There is that Lakers legend. Byron Scott has said it now, Matt. The last time we played sound from Power one zero six was never we have talked about this is Tito, and we have talked about the Baker Boys in the past, and of course we all know that big boy, our colleague, came from POWERWEO.
Speaker 2: That's what threw me off. I'm like, what the help show is this? I thought big boys like oh y, that's right, big boys here, he's upstairs with us exactly ninety two three.
Speaker 1: It's only been about twenty years man, But that's cool. Laker legend. Byron Scott says Lebron needs to leave Labo. The drum beats are getting louder Lebron. Byron who Matt does take on bridge with?
Speaker 2: Well, Lebron did leave him hanging and he lost, I believe, twenty seven games in a row as a head coach in Cleveland. Very hard to do.
Speaker 1: Byron joined The brown Bag Morning Show on.
Speaker 2: What should what should call our morning show? Well, I like the brown bagg It.
Speaker 1: I like the brown bag and every day.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it for you brown bagging time. Let's brown baggett uh.
Speaker 1: This is Byron Scott on that show. I just thought it was laughable.
Speaker 4: You were coming from one of the greatest players that ever played a game to say that it was harder. It's harder to play now than it was then.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to see him go from the Lakers?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yea, yeah, you know, I mean, like I said, I'm a fan, and but you know I don't mince words either. I mean, I think this should be his last year. Here, Uh not an NBA just here, No, just here? You know, I really you don't have to go home? Yeah, you know, it's it's uh, it's Moor's Day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Come on now, Yeah, that reference.
Speaker 2: I don't think the brown Bag Morning Show picked up on that reference. No, I don't think they did. I think it went right over their head.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 2: Ha.
Speaker 1: You think it's time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think it's Moors Day.
Speaker 1: I mean that, Yeah, almost sounded like round here or what was the rain? The rain? Kid ranging The Clippers are twenty seven and thirty one. They dropped their third straight to the Tea Wolves. I saw the first half ninety four to eighty eight. They host the Pelicans on Sunday. Who'd watched the game with social media? Matt, Okay, were you guys part of the wall? Did you not sit where you stay? All the way? Ran alone in our own specialty two of you in the suite. No one else wanted to come. I discussed this with you already. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Well, Combine was pretty great yesterday. The defensive ends were as advertised. Former Modern Day Guy former Stanford Cardinal transferred to Texas Tech to get a couple million bucks. David Bailey showed off as many expected he would. The Ohio State players Rvel Reese and Styles recent Styles. I think Styles was a four to four seven. Reese was a four to four to seven as well. Dudes that are two hundred and sixty pounds. Pair of linebackers, Styles I think jumped forty three inches. So you had a couple, you know, bigger, stronger, faster types on the defensive side, and I think they're kind of projecting maybe seven ish defensive ends to go in that first round. I think both the Chargers and Rams could be in the defensive end business. Those are always premium positions that people could the teams are interested in. So I thought that went well. And yeah, over the weekend you'll get the offensive players. So you see those the linemen, the receivers, the backs, the quarterbacks, all happening over the course of the weekend. Cornerbacks are going today. Rams are certainly in the market for a cornerback, a couple of them, one out of Tennessee, and I think there's a safety that reportedly they are interested in out of Oregon. I don't remember how to pronounce his name. Tienaman or something like that, like Tienaman Square I believe is his last name. So I thought I thought it was Howard the Duck exactly that guy too.
Speaker 1: Now that's the kind of analysis we're looking for. Yeah, Matt, it looks like the Cowboys have picked Pickens.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys have picked Pickens.
Speaker 1: A non exclusive franchise tag on wide receiver George Pickott.
Speaker 2: My apologies. Indeed, franchise tags are due. I believe by March third the franchise tag numbers came out. It's a big number. They are content to give George Pickens twenty eight million dollars for this one season if they cannot come to a long term agreement. They did trade a third round pick for him to Pittsburgh. He did produce last year. I think he had like fifty yards less than the entire Pittsburgh Steeler receiving corps did, so he was pretty darn great with DAK. Not surprised, but still a huge number that you would assume they would come off of with the long term deal.
Speaker 1: All right, And the La Kings are twenty three, twenty one, and fourteen blown out by the Oilers who were eight and one carn McDavid recorded his one hundredth point of the season, joining Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux as the only players with nine one hundred point seasons. The King's host Calgary the Flames tomorrow. We talked to Luke Robatai earlier in the week. The Anaheim Ducks are thirty one, twenty three and three, third place in the Pacific Division. That's pretty good. They host the Winnipeg Jets tonight at seven. You see La hoops up and running tonight. They're nineteen to nine overall, eleven and six in the Big Ten. The Bruins play at Minnesota Big Ones tomorrow at eleven. We're all looking forward to that matchup. And in the NCAA, A football panel proposes changed to targeting ejections. We did discuss this already. The D one rule makers have proposed a one year trial rule allowing a player disqualified for targeting for the first time to play in his team's next game, regardless of which half the penalty was assessed. The old gentleman's targeting where you get it.
Speaker 2: Right at the end of the game, I'm gonna lay this dude out, or right at the end of the first half. I am going to get injected, but I will be back. I will miss the least amount of time next week.
Speaker 1: Currently players disqualified for targeting I have to sit out the rest of the game, and if the penalty occurs on the second half, you got to sit out the first half of the next game, which is why you want to wait as long as possible before you blow somebody's head clean off. We'll be back with more Petros and money, some miscellaneous reaction, and then we'll get the debt and the Live Guy Birthday to day and David Massey has got Dave Roberts and JD Martinez Todger talk at.
Speaker 2: Seven Petro some money, AM five to seventy, ELA Sports Live Everywhere huh on the iHeartRadio I big thank you, Alan Sliwa to David Massey joined us in the last couple of hours. Anything you miss, you can always relive through the iHeartRadio app and the AM in the moment or have your on demand Petros and Money show product waiting for you.
Speaker 1: All Right, before we say goodbye for the week, we still have your dead and a live Guy Birthday of the Day to celebrate. We still have a lot of dishes to wash this text. Aulso says, this text.
Speaker 2: Us fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 1: Now late in the week. This is some real deep inside baseball sports talking that I know you will appreciate. Matt. This text says. For decades, scientists have pondered over the question what is the difference between Manu Chau and Robstein? At last we have an answer eight minutes. Thank you for your contribution just science. A lot of people questioning their identity along with Ac Slater, And I think that's a good point, Matt. I do think that when we had shows like say, By the Bell, the College Years and nine O two one zero and so on and so forth, we were able to deal with societal problems and get the commercials in and not worry about it for the rest of the day. And since we're playing some old nineteen nineties episodes, people are starting to ask themselves the same questions that people like us did in the nineties, back when the world wasn't filled with brain rot. And that question is why am I so deep? Why am I so deep? Why am I so deep? It's because you're not on your phone all the time because it's the nineties, that's the answer. That's a great point. But because of the fact that we've been playing Slater coming to the realization that he is a Latino, because of the hot Chicona studies chick or at least she's cute or desirable, I would say people are starting to question themselves just off of that, Matt. So we're doing our due diligence in great sports talk by inspiring others. Hey P, my last name is Ruiz. We pronounce it Ruis or Ruis supposed to be pronounced like Reese, but you roll the r Reese. Am I Latino? That is your Angland name? I believe, Yeah, Reese, Ruis Ruis, you are a Latino. Hey P, a Chicano here when you said that, Check wanted some of that pepper. We of the Spanish speaking population refer to the puzzo in Spanish as a pepper or a chile, So you're right. From now on, when you're referring to Latin puzzos, you're free to substitute the term with chile or pepper. Oh yeah, the Latino delegation appreciates you, and he sent me a brown fist at Pepper or Chile. Yeah, so, I mean, I think we're making an impact. And I didn't know that bringing up the David Silver Dances at the high School dance when they invited the black kids from Shaw High School, the nine oh two one Oero episode from yesteryear that got us to the A c Slater, the college years. I'm a Latino, and I think it's done a lot of good things for the show, and a lot of good things for people to be able to look in the mirror and say, what am I right?
Speaker 2: I mean, you've you've examined your past. Tom papas Fritis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom propas Fria, Tomas Papa Sprina's turned into Papadakis. Well, not a Greek at all. He was a Latino that ran a hog farm down in the Tijuana area and there was a local dispute over some razorbacks and he went north of the border and took on a green identity. It's all been alive, Matt, and I didn't know it, And if my son didn't try to get into the military academy, we would have never known that I was Tom Papa's Friedas Matt. We did do the F one report at the beginning of the show. We got set for the twenty twenty sixth season. I believe it's going to be an exciting one, well for southern California and for the fact that Lewis Hamilton, one of the most famous athletes and drivers of course on Earth, is dating Kim Kardashia, which is I mean, a real revelation for all of us. It's one thing to go out with like a Portuguese fitness model. It's another thing to be climbing, Yeah, climbing the fleshy mountains. No, not since Mount air Rat right near Armenia should be in Armenia has such a exactly right. But it is Matt's job to start the the Fantasy League is on the F one thing.
Speaker 2: I already looked and I forgot how to do it. So I'm gonna have to take the weekend to figure it out. Since we got a week to do this.
Speaker 1: Three days to figure out. Will the winning Fantasy driver team name of Circus Nargus make a return to the F one Fantasy League this year. Best team name ever that it is in reference to my old classmate at Peninsula High and present like getting name checked on the show Nargus Kamali and I did have some Nargus Kamali news Matt I picked up at the She does not like you don't want to hear about the Nargus do I just feel bad? You know? Hey, well you know what you don't know Nargus Kamali.
Speaker 2: You brought you shared on the air that she that you found out she does not like getting name check?
Speaker 1: Right? But why does that make you so inflamed? You know, because I respect. You're in the car with me riding the Circus Nargus, and I'm the one, the one with the admission tickets. Circus Nargus is live in the in the parking lot at the South Bay gall Area.
Speaker 2: Just like Andrew Rafner doesn't like it.
Speaker 1: Nobody hates Nargus Kamali. But the word on the street is she moved to Manhattan Beach from out Orange County somewhere. That's a Nargus command right. I love it that place. I got that news at the Little League Baseball opening day from Little Trina and Garrick Denny, Doctor Garrick Denny. They told me what was going. I got the four one one on the street. So we'll be back. We're not going to end the week there. We'll end it with your dead and a live guy birthday other day. Thank you for listening, everybody. It's Petroney Spikes with pain. Uh that depends, how does it? How does it relate to my musical tape. We're going to find out that might be even deeper than the Robstein eight minutes. We'll be right back. Stay with us. It's frog Man Friday. Thank you everybody, mercifully coming to an end on a frog Man Friday is the one the only petro San Money show on AM five seventy l eight, Dave Roberts, the Dodgers Skipper, all sorts of things to navigate this spring with heavy expectations on the Dodgers that is coming up next right here on AM five seventy, your home of the Dodgers and on the iHeartRadio app. And there's been a lot of moving pieces to the show in the last couple of weeks. A big thank you to Colin Yee who has been in the last few days helping out in production and always here to lend a helping hand. Ronnie Fosse, our incredible and creative engineer at Ronnie Fossio on Twitter posting the playlist every night. Who knows what the weekend has in store for Ronnie. So we will all be off a couple days and be back on Monday. And thanks to Tim Kates, our producer, has been off a couple of days. But a big thank you to everybody putting in work as there's been a lot of moving around and Dodger games and different stuff technically, So thank you and don't forget to reap the fruit with the Petros and Money podcast on the iHeartRadio app. Is there a schedule? Is this scheduling me this weekend? Matt? There is schedule.
Speaker 2: As we had it today Dodgers Giants, Giants knocking the Dodgers around a little bit today. We will have games both tomorrow and Sunday. Cubs tomorrow, Angels Sunday, and it'll be a double header of play by play. We get all the games being played on the station on Sunday as the Clips will take on one of the league worst teams in the New Orleans Pelicans. That'll be a six pm tip off here on AM five seventy LA Sports. So if it's play by play you are seeking, we will have it in the very exciting form of Dodger baseball and in the play by play form of Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I guess that's fair. I mean, you know, I'd like to defend the Clippers because I was there last night. Yeah, for one half, but at the same time, hell of a half. I mean, you know, as half's goal, it was a half. I guess you know what, I guess, I understand what you're saying. Don't forget to podcast the show.
Speaker 2: It was a very nineties like physical, you know game played in the nineties. Well, I guess it would be. And I mean that by like score well on my way home, nineties style game that scored in the nineties.
Speaker 1: In a little bit on Am five seventy on the app and Carlo and Adam. You know, Adam chimes in a lot, a lot. Yes, he does a great job. And I have to say, at a certain point, and they both do a fabulous job. It sounds their broadcast sounds great. The Clippers are lucky to have them both. But but at a certain point, to your point, Matt, in the in the third quarter, as I was on my way home, I think I was on Prairie, which I took most of the way into the South Bay or in the South Bay to my area of the South Bay. I heard Carlow say this game is not stuck in the mud, it's stuck in tar. And then Adam said it's prehistoric.
Speaker 2: See that's that's a good guy working off another guy.
Speaker 1: You know, double guy's having a great time about that.
Speaker 2: You know, we can and and next thing, you know, and that segment's brought to you by the labret tarpits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's get out there, get out there, live the live the tragedy of the baby elephant reaching out. It's it's trunk to the momb right the mammoth. Excuse me, all right, Matt with that in mind, well, eam, because he pulls a lot of wool. Yeah, a lot of strange wool. Matt. You got the dead guy birthday in the day, I believe today.
Speaker 2: Indeed, how about the guy who designed the Lockheed you two still considered one of, if not the most dangerous planes to fly. The skill required next freaking level, but it is incredibly important to our American military arsenal. The man who designed the mother scratching S seventy one Blackbird.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I mean, all right, come.
Speaker 2: On decommissioned one right there in an outdoor museum off the West Side Highway in the big town.
Speaker 1: It's freaking cool. He you check it out. You want to get a ten year old in the eighties attention, We are your advancement. Talk about that Blackbird's right, we.
Speaker 2: Are your advancements and aviation show records A big, happy one hundred and sixteen to Clarence Leonard nickname Kelly Johnson, born in a tiny mining time.
Speaker 1: That's a weird nickname.
Speaker 2: It's fun gonna get to it because I was like, that's a weird nickname. His parents were sweet immigrants.
Speaker 1: My name is William, but everybody calls me Jim.
Speaker 2: His parents were sweet immigrants. His father was in construction. Young Clarence was a tinkerer. At thirteen, he entered and won an aircraft design competition. Family did not have a lot of scratch, so we had to go the Juco route Flint Junior College en route to the University of Michigan Aeronautical Engineering. Said he was teased for his name that instead of calling him Clarence, they called him Clara, and he beat a dude's ass so bad they decided to rename him Kelly, who I guess was some local fighter of the time in Spain because he beat so much ass as Clarence. So he was like, all right, I'll take that, and he stayed Kelly for the rest of his life. While in college, he was part of a research team that conducted wind tunnel tests of Lockheed's proposed Model ten airliner. He's a student, by the way, in undergrad and he was pointing out the aircraft did not have adequate directional stability. Professor who was leading the research project for Lockheed, said I think you're wrong, young Kelly, and he said Lockheed should ignore what Kelly was saying and listen to what he was saying. Well, they hired Kelly made a whopping eighty three dollars a month. Johnson, once hired by Lockheed, would add an h tail to address the problem on the Model ten. It went on to be a huge success. He was immediately promoted to aeronautical engineer, given a real salary. By twenty eight he was already their chief research engineer, and when they opened up Lockheed's Burbank, California plant, which later became the Lockheed California Company, he was named head of research and development, a little bit of Burbank research here, or R.
Speaker 1: And D, R and D, R and D.
Speaker 2: Turns out the lockeed Burbank California plant was in an old bourbon distillery that smelled so bad. Kelly Johnson nicknamed it skunk Works, and the name stuck. It is still known as skunk Works. They built the P thirty eight Lightning over ten thousand of those played a major role in WW two. Here in the Nazis, we're working on a high performance fighter jet and not wanting the Nazis to get a leg up on American air superiority. Kelly Johnson led the P eighty shooting Star research and construction as America's first jet fighter. In fifty five, the CIA came to him and said, we need a spy plane, and he would design the U two all weather, day, night intelligence gathering capabilities and the ability to fly above seventy one thousand feet.
Speaker 1: I bet he never envisioned Tom Brady screaming ola and singing Vertigo into a phone. Years later at a U two concert.
Speaker 2: I heard his poor Kelly, I heard his lawyers served a season desist. This is why it only happened once ten years after he built the U two, he was asked for a long range, high altitude recon mock three plus aircraft. Deli Johnson's like, no problem. In nineteen sixty six he hands him the SR seventy one Blackbird. That's how it wasn't a clown bird, the real bird Mock three point two at eighty five thousand feet. If a surface to air missile was launched at the SR seventy one, its evasive procedures were to accelerate and outpace the missile. In seventy four, it set the record for the quickest flight between London and New York one hour, fifty four minutes fifty six.
Speaker 1: I see London, I see France.
Speaker 2: I see a blackbird hauling us. He stayed on through the early eighties, over fifty years of service. Santa Clarid is home to the Kelly Johnson Research and Development Center. He is arguably the greatest aeronautical engineer in our nation's history. In addition to the ones mentioned above, he is responsible for the Model fourteen super Electra that completed a world record flight to fifteen four and forty one miles in nineteen thirty eight. The P thirty eight was the first fighter to exceed over four hundred miles an hour, the EXCEFT ninety, the first jet with an after burner and fly supersonic. He did the C one thirty hercules, the longest continuous production run of any military aircraft in history. And for the fancy folks, pe he even did something for the cibies. His jet Star C one was the first ever dedicated business jet or as we call them these days, private jet put into service our man, Jeez Kelly Johnson.
Speaker 1: A lot two things, Matt. Number one fu with the song YEA and number two. I stayed right next to the Lockheed place in a hotel when I was in Orlando for the Space Game. Look at that. I'm not sweating it either. So for your a live guy Birthday of the Day, this guy's thirty years old. His name is Ted ted ten born in Bangkok. Matt. He went to Shrewsbury International School.
Speaker 2: I feel like we got a lot of Bangkok news these days on the Dead and the Live Guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is a tie guy, but he makes his bones in Korea like all the other boy banders. Shrewsbury International School, by the way, is the home of the blown Achilles at halftime versus Duke, which is one hell of a Anaska from a Thaie Chinese family. He won Team Superstar and got a South Korean contract with one of those big giant baby fetus bladder warehouses of entertainment in South Korea in Seoul, and he's been in many bands. NCT is a South Korean boy band that he's in and it's China based offshoot Wavu and the supergroup Wave em Wave m some solo work as well. In the last decade plus, he's been very popular. Matt really in the prime of his boy banding. He speaks Thai, English, Korean, and Mandarin. Okay, he's got it all covered. He is exempt from time military service because he has a trick knee. I'm so he cannot. He does not have to serve ick Nina militarily. So if you're ready, Ronnie, we can kill the music, thank you, and we can get to the titles here. Uh, if you're ready, Matt, are you prepared in there? Black on black? Really? Matt during black during Black History Month? Yeah? Really? Okay, it's got a guy I am. I can tell baggy jeans. We did.
Speaker 2: We did grow up in a certain time and Baggae jeans or something Black History Month as well.
Speaker 1: I kicked my luck off hair hair in the air, also known as her and her.
Speaker 2: Now, if I were freshly shorn, I would have given it crickets, but with the.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, flum magee, paint me naked. Elementary school teacher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just thinking when you said or when you read, because you already had this elementary school teacher. Which elementary school teacher popped into your brain?
Speaker 1: Or did one?
Speaker 2: Because for me it was mister laylof fifth grade.
Speaker 1: You know, Matt, I try to forget everything. Yeah, so so not one did, did it? No? I thought, I think I can pull this off with horns, And I did. That's what I thought. Okay, I'm focused on the task at hand. My eyes are on the road and bent to it again, not mine.
Speaker 2: They're playing the alphabet game all the way up and down the highway.
Speaker 1: I like to think about Missus Malu.
Speaker 2: Studio tea time. Food Truck Battle, God, these are good, like these are the best we've had in a while.
Speaker 1: Food Truck Battle Season two. Yeah, not as good as the first. No one trick pony, all right, everybody, thank you for listening and thank you for being part of great sports Talk. Welcome Mack Matt Smith for me to do so jur And we'll be back on on Monday, and we hope that everybody has a great evening. Dodger Talk is next j D Martinez and Dave Roberts, Dave Assay giving people good content like always out at Campbell Background, So enjoy that. We'll be back on Monday. Have a great weekend. We're killing me back on tomorrow as its Friday. Checked out this counci